Speaker 1: Then we continue on Fred Rugan, Rodney Pete, Eric Dickerson. All right, so the Rams tonight very much in the playoff hunt. I have the Dolphins, and when Tua went down, done with the Dolphins, and you talk about the importance of a quarterback, you see it right there, Rodney.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely, they they lost their their mojo whatever hope that they had when they lost him for that four or five game stretch. And you know, when you when you're out that long, sometimes it takes a minute to kind of get it back a little bit too. So just because he's back doesn't mean it's you know that he's gonna be hitting on all cylinders. But this is a perfect opportunity for the Rams to kind of keep it going now that they've got They've got everybody back. Now the Rams are are healthy right now, and so we'll see what kind of run they can get on because they hadn't been healthy, and this is this kind of a situation where I think the Rams can can take it to the next level and we'll we will see in the next coming weeks of what kind of team the Rams are now.
Speaker 3: Well, right now, when you say healthy, you know what that means. You're never help you never. But I'm saying people on the on the field right, and they're right right and correct playing together for the first time. Law they'll have they'll have them on the field, but uh, you know how healthy they are. Get some offensive lineman back and get some of the continuity back with the receivers and stuff. And the same thing with with Miami with having two come back. I mean that that's a big loss you have. You're starting quarterback go down and you're starting guard. I mean you're starting tackle them starting anything. Receivers. It takes with me a football team. I mean, the Rams they've looked, they look pretty good the last couple of weeks. I've got to say, you know, I still say that we give up too many big plagues on defense.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I mean it'll be third and third and ninety and we'll have a pass and appearance.
Speaker 4: I mean it's like, throw it down the field. They't gonna get get the pass and appearance.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like, that's that's my that's what that's what my real gripes with with the football team is that they give up they make two many mistakes on defense. Sometimes it just you know, pass in appearance holding or you know, at the at the wrong time. I mean really at the wrong time. And I think that's what hurt them. I mean, because I mean, I hope they make the playoffs, I really do. But they still have to keep winning. I mean, I bet they look back at that Green Bay game and that's the game they should have won. That should have won the Chicago Bears game, you know, you know, you know how you look back and man, we should have won that game, you know. But now we're four and four, so you know, let's hope tonight that that they have a good showing against Miami and and beat the Dolphins at home.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, in your opinion, Eric, I'm just surmising, this is pretty much a critical game for them. This could determine the way the season goes. It could absolutely go the wrong way, now it could.
Speaker 4: It could go the wrong way for sure. Fred.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, you still have to play San Francisco again. Yeah, Arizona's playing very good football. You know, you've got to play You've got to play the Eagles. I mean, the Eagles are a good football team. So this is not you don't you don't have an easy road to go. You know, you have some you have some tough games still to play. So, uh, this game here should be a game that we should win. I'm gonna say I don't say we they should win, so I don't play anymore. I always exact. I hate to say that we gonna do this, we gonna do that. But you know that's the game that they should win. And they can't make mistakes. They can't you know, turn the ball over. They can't be throwing interceptions, and it can't be getting these these big pass in appearance to set up you know, touchdowns or field goals.
Speaker 4: That's what that's what has really hurt them.
Speaker 3: And I got to send In the last couple of weeks, the tackling has gotten better, but but it's still not not great tackling. And that's one of the things my main graduates of RAMS is they're tackling. I mean I look at teams like like Kansas City, uh, and I look at like, I'm gonna say, good team, Kansas City, Uh, the the your team, the Detroit Lions. Man, those are good tackling football teams. And tackling means that you are around the football, you got multiple guys, not guys kind of jogging up to the ball. You got guys flying to that football and making them pay for carrying that ball. So let's see if they can do some of that tonight and you know, clean up some of that stuff and hopefully, hopefully they can win this football game.
Speaker 2: And it feels like they you know, look, San Francisco, they went and won in Tampa, close game in Tampa. San Francisco's had the kind of hanging around too. Feels like the Rams, San Francisco. How real do you think the Arizona Cardinals are?
Speaker 3: Ed?
Speaker 1: Said? They keep winning, they keep winning.
Speaker 2: Kyler Murray's playing, you know, out of his mind right now, and they keep winning. And they beat up on a you know, terrible Jets team, but they still keep winning and they're leading the West right now.
Speaker 4: That win is a win. Yeah, I think I think they're for real. I really do.
Speaker 3: They looked better to me than they've looked in the last four or five years. I mean in these last this season, I mean, they beat up on us, They beat us handedly. I mean, we didn't have a lot of guys, we had a lot of guys hurt. But you know, once again, you gotta got to play the foot game. But Arizona and Kyler Murray looks good. I mean, look, if Kyle is healthy and he can because he can run. You know, he's he's a he's a double threat. You know, he's fast, he can, he got he's got a good arm. Uh, he's got he's got good receiving. Marvin Marvin Harrison. I mean he's coming to his own so that that they're for a real football team, and there's something we have to contend with. I mean, so hopefully we have them. I think they come here and play us. They come, they come here to l A and play us, and sofy hopefully we can we can go back to the old ways of beating up on him. But we don't have Aaron donnand anymore. That's the thing we don't We don't have that. We don't have that, as my boy say, we don't have the bully.
Speaker 1: And uh, it's quite apparent the loss of someone like that. You can't you can't really make out for it. You figure, well, we don't have to spend that money. So we'll hire two people that are pretty good. But two pretty good people don't make up for the best guy in his position.
Speaker 4: Eric not even close.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, you could have for sometimes three guys and make it make up for him because he was that good. I mean, you would see why they they would have three defenders on him. They'd say they'd have they'd have not four hands, they'd have six hands on him, you know. And then and say something says, nobody get into the quarterback. So that says a lot right there.
Speaker 4: But now you don't.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like trying to replace a.
Speaker 3: Huh, Lawnce Taylor, a Reggie White, anyone, Peyton Manning.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you try to try to replace a great quarterback.
Speaker 3: Tom Brady, Tom Brady, I mean it's there's certain guys that they're irreplaceable. You can you can get someone to fill the spot and hopefully you just get better in time. But man, you can't. You can't replace a guy like Aaron Down. It justadn't. It doesn't work like that. He's He's a to me, he's a once in a lifetime player. Some of the things that he did and playing man, and I didn't watch the defense. I never really watch defensive players play, but I used to love to watch him play. I mean to watch him eat. He'd beat the guy so quick, a boy like dang, it was just impressive.
Speaker 1: I mean, so taw to replace that. Okay, I want to ask you a question now. They did this survey, and I think anybody listening now probably has some experience in this. You just don't. You don't have to be a former football player. I think anybody listening probably has a bit of experience in something like this. So they talked to two thousand people. All right, one in six admitted to serving food to guests that had been dropped on the floor.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, wait what what?
Speaker 1: One in six people admitted that at one point they had served food to guests that had been dropped on the floor.
Speaker 3: So your food dropped on the floor, you picked it up, put it on the plate again.
Speaker 1: Here, right, turkey, there you go. Yeah. Twenty eight percent of people said they tested or tasted the food with a spoon they were cooking with. All right, they tasted it with the spoon they were cooking with. They tasted, put it back in yeah right, good, okay, all good, God tasted with a spoon bag Yeah, another twenty it's good, it's good, right, And now everybody knows you thought it was good. Another twenty eight percent of people admitted that they had served food that was past its cell by date, and nearly a third set they had simply wiped down a knife and put it back rather than washing it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've done that. I'm guilty that again. I've done that. A knife. I've done that for sure.
Speaker 1: But they said knife, They simply wiped down a knife instead of washing it. Yeah, just got a towel, done it.
Speaker 4: I've done that. I've done that. I've done but I'm not.
Speaker 3: Put some water on it. You wash it off the water, I know, soap, but I wipe put the water, wipe it out and put it off. But for sure, I've done that, no doubt.
Speaker 1: You know what. That leads to the question, what happens when food hits the floor?
Speaker 2: What was the old saying? There's like the three second rottle, five second rouecond.
Speaker 1: Three second roll.
Speaker 3: It kicks it to the sky, gives to the sky.
Speaker 1: It's all good. Eat it. There's more than that. Yeah, you gotta throw it out. Yeah, but how would you feel if you went to somebody's house and then you later learned that, uh, you know, some of the food that you were eating a dropped down the floor and just picked it back up and put it on the plate.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it depends on what it was like it was, you know, it cooking you a steak the ground, put it, put it on the grill, you know you put it, you put it. See that's the difference. You put it back on the grill, the plate put it. If you put it back on the grill, it kills all them turns. Put it back up grill. But if you take it from the from the ground and put it on the plate.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you can't. I can't do that.
Speaker 2: And if you you know, like what two French fries fell off and you went on the ground and you put them back on.
Speaker 1: The plate, that's you know, you're okay with that.
Speaker 2: But the whole that, the whole little dis French fries fell out and you grabbed them up with ther both hands and put them back.
Speaker 3: Just just two French fries rides the two French fries sellings and you know what a dog.
Speaker 4: Just them two fries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you came from the former bathroom and the club and you put step the two French fries hit right there.
Speaker 1: Hey, I think that's.
Speaker 3: Why that's why I have no shoes in my house. I'm big on that. No no shoes in my house because man, people feeding me them shoes. Your shoes go everywhere in the nasty bathroom. You know.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you the worst though.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen someone like at a like I said, a resort or I was in Vekers and and we were and and and like that by the pool and these guys in the bathroom standing in the stalls barefooted.
Speaker 2: Barefoot, and I don't like public. Yeah, you can't do that.
Speaker 4: It was like this. I'm like, oh, that is totally disgusted.
Speaker 1: Man's bathroom.
Speaker 3: In man's bathroom, you know how men are nasty feet that bath feet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that you can't do that. I'll take the same thuld episode. If you remember years ago Jerry went into the bathroom, how about this, and he saw people that didn't wash their hands.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've seen that. I've seen that. I've seen that. I see I seen the guy. Fridays.
Speaker 4: I won't forget it. We have Fridays. I go in there, I go to bath ticket lead and this guy he's not here. And now.
Speaker 3: Up okay, boom he comes out. You know I'm washing my hand. He walks right out the door. I'm looking at him like like in amazement. What I watched the table he went to.
Speaker 1: I watched this.
Speaker 3: Say, now that is a nasty mug of dath. I don't know if man, Yeah, what about people?
Speaker 4: People? Most people are nasty anyway, they are they filthy. People are filthy. That's why I said, Man, I went to Japan.
Speaker 3: It was just the greatest experience because you know, being a niche freak, you know, and I'm not a total German phobic, but I'm a neat, clean clean I'm all about cleaning it.
Speaker 1: Clean and everything you go into is clean.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you yeah, public bathroom, especially at airports and stuff like that, you can't you can't put you know, sometimes you know you're going not even in the stall, you're going the urinal and you sometimes think about, oh, I will put my hand up on the water. You can't put your wall, You can't touch anything. You can't touch anything.
Speaker 3: Because man nasty, Like you bring your roller bag and in the bathroom, I leave mandod by the door because think about you bring your roller back home and you're rolling across your floor at the house, across the carpet. You know what I'm like, I'm like, see I think about all that kind of stuff. I'm just I'm just I'm a nie for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm clean.
Speaker 4: I'm a clean free probably too much, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Good with it.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot, Fred for being that up in fact, so frially, Fred, what makes you think of that kind of stuff?
Speaker 1: No, Well, because I saw the survey, that's all. I saw the survey about people dropping food. And if you're really you drop food, do you pick it up off the floor or not? Then I got us to thinking about all kinds of things.
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask you a question then, So, so, if you drop food, do you pick it up and put it on your plate?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What food?
Speaker 4: Let's say it's uh, that's say it's a biscuit.
Speaker 1: No, I would throw the biscuit out.
Speaker 4: Okay, what about it? What about a piece of pizza?
Speaker 1: No? God, no, I would not take a piece of off the floor.
Speaker 4: Okay, whoald you? Whoa what would you take off the floor? Let's go with that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I dropped like a piece of fruit, I'd wash it and need it. What know?
Speaker 4: We telling my Washington you said pick it up and eat it? You know, Washington the plate.
Speaker 1: Oh no, if I dropped something, I would if it was washable, I would wash it and then eat it. But if I dropped a posta on the floor, I'm not picking it up and eating it.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's I said.
Speaker 3: Let's say you grilled a nice steak, you come from outside, and then it's all smelling all good and flipping flips out and hissed the floor. Yeah, okay, Now what do you do? And wait and and the grill is off. Now the grill is off. So do you throw the stake away? Say you know, say you pick it up and you drop it again, because I can have Oh, slip out my hands on both sides.
Speaker 4: Now you got Now you got both sides.
Speaker 1: So the steak is done. I would not eat steak. Sake finished, man, that grill grill.
Speaker 3: Just hey, rid, Fred be kissing, I said to the sky, speaking to the sky, Fred ain't wasting no steak.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that right now.
Speaker 4: Thank you? All right?
Speaker 1: So Eric, you gotta go now right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got I gotta run, guys, I gotta go to go go for this game Monday night traffic.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of fin to get out of here. So thank you, guys. I will see you next Monday.
Speaker 1: Right home, and we will look forward to it as always. And don't forget for an NFL Spotlight presented by Spotlight twenty nine Casino, Eric Dickerson's favorite spot in the Coachella Valley. Check out Spotlight twenty nine dot com for the best entertainment or sign up for twenty nine rewards where you play earned points and spend them however you prefer. You'll see why Spotlight twenty nine Casino is Coachella's best bet. All let's get warned to uh the Dodgers first base coaching opening when we get back. Oh, yes, this wind it down, Come on down the home stretch.
Speaker 2: Rodney Pete, Fred Brokan in the NFL Football Spotlight Monday, whatever you call it, Eric Dickerson, the Hall of Famer Fred Brogan. You had to take off, get the SOFI on time because this traffic for Monday night foot ball, Rams Dolphins. Let's go Freddie all right?
Speaker 1: So the Lakers beat Toronto. Anthony Davis was hitting the eye. He went to a optalmologist today to see how badly he was injured. I said it last year and I'll say it again. Well first any time he falls down, you just grab your heart and you just pray he gets up because he plays so hard and he's so banged up every game. But last year he got hit in the eyes, smacked in the head, and un to a point now where I think you just wear a helmet, a helmet and an eyeguard to save him, to protect himself, because I don't know if a guy that gets banged up as much as he does seriously, and then he got poked in the eye, he couldn't come back into the game, but the Lakers were able to hold on and win. Rodney he can't. They can't lose him, you know they can't. He's got the now the eye he talked about when he got here.
Speaker 2: There's not been a guy that that hits the ground more than Anthony Davis. I mean it's almost every other time down to court, he's on the ground. You go to the basket, he's on the ground. And when you know a seven footer, you know, falls down and has to get up, it takes a toll on your body. And and now the I think, you know, they cannot afford to lose him, And yes, they got him and Lebron, but when we look at it now. It's it's more devastating for them to lose Anthony Davis than it is for them to lose.
Speaker 1: Lebron, no question about it, no question. So we'll see how that is. I mean, hopefully it's not really serious. Otherwise he you know, would have to play like a pirate and wear a patch shover be timbers buddy U d Angel Russell found out his new role. He will now come off the bench, and he said, all I want to do is win. I'll do anything I have to. It's a contract year for him, so he really didn't have anywhere to go. H opted in. He opted into this contract right here. Yeah, because the market didn't support him. Not yes exactly. Was he made the smart decision? Yeah, Well he made the only decision because everybody has pretty much seen this movie with him, and every time it ends the same way, and nobody was willing to go, yeah, i'll give you four years, you know, like seventy million bucks, don't even worry about it, you're in. Nobody's willing to do that with him, so he had to opt in when she did, and now he finds himself coming off the bench in which she has no choice because if you don't come off the bench, you don't do anything. How do you really see this season going for the Lakers? There? Friend?
Speaker 2: I mean, given the way it started, still got the are you excited again about the N season Tournament.
Speaker 1: That he was still fired up about? Are you excited about the N season Tournament that's coming up? I like it because it adds a different level of interest to it, at least during the N season Tournament now, I mean, and the Clippers, good god, I mean you look at the two teams and you'll maybe they can win the ND season tournament. Little momentum, little something something.
Speaker 2: It was not too long ago both these teams were like the favorites to win it all. Yeah, like multiple years, like back to back years that that Clippers are the favorite to win it all. Lakers are the favorite to win at all. And now you look at them and go, are they going to even make the playoffs? The windows shut on them. That's what happened.
Speaker 1: The Lakers put themselves in this position by that asinine Russell Westbrook trade. Blame whoever, I don't care. It was a terrible move. Yes they did, Okay, so now they're here and they dug themselves a hole and they can't get out. They're in quicksand but they're not going under, but they're not getting out. They're right in the middle. That's where they struggle, where they ate that. That's where you said there is no man's land. That's the worst, be right. So both of them are in no man's land and into in your situation, they're in purgatory because the Clippers could get better because the Clippers have freed up money after not signing Paul George and you will see the benefit of that next season. They'll be able to quickly improve the team. What can the Lakers do? What can they do? They've got to pay Lebron. Lebron puts people in the seats. It doesn't matter if the Lakers don't win if they have Lebron, because from a business perspective, people still pay to see him, and it's quite the sight. If you've not seen him ever in your life, make sure you do. Okay, So we got that down. Anthony Davis is paid as a top player because he is. But they're top heavy now, So now what do you do? I mean, Austin Reeves looked pretty good the other night, and Austin Reeves is I think more than a rotation guy in the NBA, But I don't know if he's a superstar. I don't know if he's that guy Rui Hachimura, he has moments of brilliance. Those two guys would be great rotation guys, along with somebody else that can play, that can really make a difference. But how can you pay that person? You really can't. You can't, And therein lies the problem. You're stuck. Yeah you'll be good, yeah, not great, but you won't be bad. You'll be good. But good doesn't win. Good doesn't win. You're the title, No, it doesn't. And there is the problem with the Lakers. So that's it, I mean, really, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's another one of those. Because they can't sustain a seven game series. You think about this team playing somebody quality, okay, see even Dallas and a seven game series in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: They can't sustain, they can't hold up, they can't win. You can't win rock No, No, And I was just well, okay, So anyway back to the n season tournament. Let's go, let's get one of those.
Speaker 2: Get another one of those, get another one of those championships.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you something, hoist it up? Can I ask you something? Honestly? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What else you got forward to look to? What else you got? What else you gonna look forward to? Really not looking forward to March and May, No, no worry about that when we get there. I look forward to everybody being able to walk and be healthy, and then we'll figure that out, all right, Ronnie, Thank you, Kevin, great deadline deadline trade.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. You're gonna fix it all right. Then there you go. All right, Kevin, thanks and Rodney three hours for us tomorrow. Talk to you then