Speaker 1: Okay, and we're back. So on that note, the Sony verse is absolutely falling apart. It is not good. God, it is crumbling.
Speaker 2: Speaking of cracks. God, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: Their Yeah, their whole house is just collapsing.
Speaker 2: It's it's horrible.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna we're just gonna talk about how this universe is pretty much dead after Craven, and I've seen some memes about like Venom four, Sinister six, different things like that, potential projects that I think could have had a lot of potential. Other people talking about how like Null from Venom three, like there's some stuff that they could have done with him, But who knows what they're gonna do with that character. If I don't know what I'm doning, Marvel's even gonna the MCU is going to tap into this at all. I don't know what was going on in the backboardrooms and how they got Tom Hardy's Venom thrown in there, and how those contracts work. But I don't think that that it's necessarily a five gy kind of decision. I feel like that was just we've talked about all that. So yeah, it's I digress. But the fact though that they're just kind of like giving up, Like what happens after the after this, like after Craven comes out, Craven's gonna bomb? And then do they just sit on on their ips? Do they sell them? What do you guys think?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think the I think they just licensed them out to MCU probably for a while, and then I mean, I don't know, I forget what the year number is where you have to like you have to make a movie every however many years, or like you just lose the ips something like that. Right, I feel like that, you know, they would they would keep doing that, but presumably they'll just like hang on to this unless they I mean, it seems like money wise, they've had a lot of issues recently, and like, I don't know, maybe they would look to sell. They could make a lot of money off selling Spider Man as a character. But I think, like I don't know, just license. It's easier.
Speaker 2: You get a chunk of money, you don't have to do anything.
Speaker 3: At all, You just sit there. That seems like the way to go. But yeah, part of the it seems like Craven's gonna be the last last movie in this universe. And there's even like another I saw a posted in our in the GV discord that was just like, uh, it turns out Craven's actually doing worse than the initial tracking in terms of like where it looks like it's gonna do on opening weekend, like Madam Web levels, which is or even less than Madam Web levels I think the articles said.
Speaker 4: Which is, yeah, maybe think back to our predictions. I'm pretty sure the number I gave was like eleven or something. It was it was pretty pretty very low. Yeah, it's kind of near where it's projecting. Yeah, you know, not too crazy off the yeah crazy I was thinking about Madam Web now my gosh, yeah, no, I I feel like it's like business suicide if they ever wanted to sell Spidy like it just seems like that is like an infinite money glitch just having that property. So I definitely would agree in just them licensing off like that. That seems like the I don't know, just like an easy way to stay afloat, and especially I feel like trusting it out to like MCU and stuff. Say what you will, but like the quality of the movies, they at least know how to make money off of them, whether that's through merch and dice or what they just the attractions and stuff that they do at like Disneyland and stuff. Now, like that's a whole thing of itself just going on. Like Spidey is so massive in Disneyland. So I just feel like, yeah, if they're able to get more appearances with those types of characters in just other Marvel movies, and that would be under of course, think the Disney manners. So I would say that would probably be the most likely outcome going forward. Eventually I'll be making their their their attempts at rebirthing this sure at some point, but hopefully you know, we have some time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I feel like the strategy of just like keep pumping out animated movies, make your next Spider verses. I know, Like I think it's like a movie did quite well at the box office. I think it was also very expensive. Uh so who knows how we're like the profit actually was on it. But if they can like reel that in and like treat the artists right and just like keep making those cool, You're you're making profit. Make hopefully one of those every like two or three years, Like you don't have to go to the length of Spider Verse just do some other animated stuff, keep cranking that stuff out, and then just like license out the character to like appear at MCU stuff, because yeah, if you're not doing your on like live action movies, and you're gonna have like the crossover stuff, which I feel like is half the reason a lot of people see these movies is like the chance that maybe a Spider Man or another character will pop up. Then it's like, oh no, it's just Craving in his own movie and Rhino and then there's no one else, which happens sometimes too, But yeah, I feel like that's that's the row crank of the animated stuff, license out the rest to MCU, and just infinite money glitch. As Kirkl said, Yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 4: The timing of like just getting that of like they're not moving forward after is it after Craven? I guess yeah, that's that's the last one. That's that's that's talked about. I I feel like it's also just like showcasing the lack of faith that they have in Craven, and like it also just for a general audience member if they're like thinking about going to see Craven but then they see this news It's like, like why would I go see this movie now right unless I was like really interested in the trailer and like specifically what this is them just the idea of like, oh, yeah, this looks like it might be a new character moving forward, and in this it's a weird word case study I'm kind of setting up of like someone that's really invested in the Sony universe.
Speaker 3: But I mean anyone who's invested would also know that like there's nothing announced after Craven like port. I think that might be like an excitement of like, oh, what's the post credit going to be? But I feel like it's probably not going to be anything because they don't have anything to go to.
Speaker 2: They're done totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just weird. Back in the day, I remember when they made these announcements, and I'm confident that they got a lot of flak back then because we weren't impressed by it, and we still aren't impressed by it. But they went ahead and they stuck to their guns and they put out all these different projects and now they have to reap what they sew. I guess is the term I would use for this. So it's unfortunate.
Speaker 4: Bankers boxes and find a new job.
Speaker 2: I find that's right.
Speaker 3: They should have ended on Venom Last Dance. Yeah, that would have been a much better I mean, not that it like closes out the universe in any sort of coherent way, but just the title of it, the idea, it being the trilogy, it being the most the only successful of the live action stuff. Just close it out with that, that would have been. That would have been the way to do it, I think.
Speaker 1: Especially because Craven feels like it's kickstarting something with the story, like a new adventure.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, we'll see after the review, but maybe they should have just backgrilled this one and just tax Oh.
Speaker 2: Wow, tax right off.
Speaker 4: Don't let any project like fucking twelve million dollars and they're already closing down their doors in the whole Sony universe.
Speaker 3: Hopefully it had a small baby budget. Like I feel like Aaron Taylor Johnson is like your main man. I don't know if he's like, you know, he's not asking for Robert Downey Bucks to know in a movie, right.
Speaker 4: Maybe when they when they rebirth the Sony universe. Yeah, and that they want him, they want to get him back as a different character.
Speaker 1: I think the budget of this made it one hundred and ten million, make him more expensive than Sony's other non venom house.
Speaker 3: When I'm saying this trailer, I just see a guy jumping around.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Rhino guy is at least a few million right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: True, that's an insane budget. That's like more than Madame Webb made at all.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: So I all think back to Godzillas one, you know, nice Humble, what was it like, ten million dollar budget, crazy phenomenal film.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, just insane. I don't let any of this stop you guys from listening to our review on Thursdays.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be the.
Speaker 3: Finale of yeah, like the awful nobody go see this. Yeah, just watch your review, don't watch the movie. We'll let you know it's presumably not worth watching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad to see that this isn't gonna like hurt Aaron Taylor Johnson's career, because we're gonna talk about another project he's in years later. Yeah yeah, yeah, So, I mean, I love I love that actor. He's he's fantastic and everything he does. I think he's gonna really bring it in this role.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 1: But i'd have to. I would love to be a fly on the wall for that interview, because you know, you got a guy, you got his agent coming up to Aaron and like, Hey, Aaron ATJ, I got a role for you in another Superhoe project. Oh my back in Marvel, Like well, go kind of you're in the Sony Marvel movie. And guess what, They're not doing any more projects after this.
Speaker 2: It's dead.
Speaker 1: So it's a clean there's no way, well you don't have to worry about like a five movie contract or anything. This is a clean cut cash deal, like just trying to sell it to them.
Speaker 4: But it was like the who was it Sidney Sweeney that like didn't know that or I don't even know if that was a rumor or not if his speculation she didn't know it wasn't in the m c U. I just remember that being discussed. Maybe it was the same thing with A TJ. He thought he was in the MCU.
Speaker 1: But I think that the right, Yeah, he has I think that was Sidney Sweeney. I think she she did talk about something simihere similar to that s Bubs and the chat. Didn't they reshoot tone of this movies? That's probably the budget. If they're filming like an extra half movie on there, you don't want to see a lot of reshoots.
Speaker 2: That's uh, that's a dangerous game.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, there's a lot a lot of reshoots there, but topic for another day.
Speaker 4: Affect the budget though, Taylor, come on, the budget was no boosted the budget.
Speaker 2: I think we saved money.
Speaker 1: Anything else you guys have or want to drop on Craven and the Sony Verse being dead.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of I'm happy that I don't have to keep committee myself to these projects. You know, I feel like part of me gets a little bit interested. I'm not gonna say hyped or hopeful for what's gonna be coming, but just just enticed, like, Okay, a Craven solo movie, Like it's been an interesting character in the Spider Man universe, like animated series, cartoons and stuff like that. How are they gonna do it in a solo project? It's just so funny to me. How Like the interest level usually just goes right down the closer we get to the project, and like the more information we get, it's usually just the initial idea of what it like, like Madam Webb, you know, like when Sidney Sweets when Sidney Sweeney was cast as Julia Carpenter, which they changed her name Julia Cornwall. When I first got that announcement, though, I'm like, man, I was dreaming of this day, like I think she's perfect for that role. And then of course here I am now pretty much wishing I never even caught that. And uh, I don't like to have these thoughts about these movies. So let's take a break, Sony. And because this podcasting thing, it's like a it's like a contract with my soul. I have to watch these movies. I have to talk about them. I have to just go through the motions. And uh now I get a little break. So thanks, Tony.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: It's true, well said, I hope that it doesn't like you guys were talking about other spin offs, like you have your Miles morales like Spider Man. Yeah, don't stop those, don't stop those. They can keep at those. But I mean, I really don't need like an Ezekiel Simms Spider Guy dropped in a project, Like it's just that's not the Spider Man I want.
Speaker 2: I want a Spider Man, you know.
Speaker 1: And unfortunately it seems like Marvel MCUs there are the ones that are doing the actual Spider manning, because I'm pretty sure, Yeah, we got Spider Man four that's been cooking up and stuff.
Speaker 2: But again, topic for another day.
Speaker 1: H