Speaker 1: Ludginriverradio dot Com.
Speaker 2: Hi, out there in podcast land and beyond wherever that might be. Maxine Margar Rubin along with my co host, Malcolm Berman, and this is the Many Shades of Green, a program that adds a dash of green into your life. As we engage in conversations that move to inform, educate, activate, and raise your eco and social consciousness through culture, politics, music, art, science, and community. We hope to inspire you to pick a shade of green and become a steward of this beautiful, blue, green planet we call Earth.
Speaker 3: So Hi, Malcolm. Out in really very hot, very hot?
Speaker 2: Are you as hot as they say it is out there?
Speaker 4: We're ninety six ninety six right? Sunshine? No wind?
Speaker 2: Oh well we have wind here, I can tell you, Hi, George, how is it in your part of the world?
Speaker 5: Good to be here. I'm in the high desert and it's actually cooler here than it is in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a place I'd like to visit. I'm coming, I'm coming, And Neil and I are in windy, rainy world all out today.
Speaker 3: It's sunny, so I won't complain. But my dog and I almost blew away when we walked this morning.
Speaker 2: But anyway, the song today is The Fool on the Hill by the Beatles.
Speaker 3: It kind of fits in with the intro. And we're dealing with so many fools day after day.
Speaker 6: Alone. The man with the foo foolish green is keeping perfectly still, but nobody wants to know him.
Speaker 2: They can see that he is.
Speaker 6: Just a fool, and he never gives an answer. But the fool on them sees the sun going down, and the eyes in his head see the world stream round along the way, head in a cloud, the manner of a thousand voices, talking perfectly loud, but nobody ever hears him or the sound. He appears a maid, and he never seems to know this. Food on him sees.
Speaker 5: The sound, and the eyes in his head.
Speaker 7: See the world speedy run, and nobody seems.
Speaker 8: To like him and tell what he wants to do, and he.
Speaker 7: Never shows his feelings under full lovely.
Speaker 6: Sees the sun going down, and the eyes.
Speaker 4: In his head see the world spinning rod.
Speaker 3: The Fool on the Hill.
Speaker 2: We're talking about this for a minute with George, and the Fool on the Hill really wasn't a fool. According to Paul, he was actually supposed to be a wise man the Maharishi. But you know Paul wrote it and it was attributed to the Lennon McCartney songwriting duo, appearing on their album The nineteen sixty seven Magical Mystery Tour. And the song has different interpretations, but for me, I'm gonna use it as it describes a person who sees what he wants to see and lives in a sort of other world that's not really this world and differentiates himself from the world at lodge and just.
Speaker 3: Keeps his own circle. So the fool on the Hill could be a single person, which in this case it appears to be from the lyric, but perhaps it could be many fools on the hill.
Speaker 2: The term the Hill is used as a nickname for Capitol Hill in Washington, d C. Where the US Congress meets. Yeah, you remember those guys and gals of late Congress has not been meeting too much on the Hill, as the current Speaker of the House has constantly kept them in recess and nothing is really getting done.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: The Institution was designed to debate, compromise.
Speaker 2: Compromise, there's a word and pass laws that address the nation's problems, but increasingly Americans are watching something else unfold. The House of Representatives through October twenty twenty five had only met and voted on in eighty seven days. They were only there for eighty seven days. Imagine if you guys were you know, the nine to fives only worked eighty seven days, you know, nothing would get done.
Speaker 3: And nothing's getting done here.
Speaker 2: And then through from I think November to December, and December they go on breaks for the holidays.
Speaker 3: So in twenty twenty five, what was done? That's a big question.
Speaker 2: So depending on again your interpretation, fool on a Hill is kind of is apropos to what is currently going on in the House on the Hill. The song describes the fool or in this case of Congress, fools plural, watching the world go by, seemingly detached from reality. These days, it's hard not to think about that song when thinking about Capitol Hill and the Hill. There is a growing frustration that many Americans are calling a do it a do nothing Congress. Yeah, do nothing Congress, and I will really just say three letters GOP. While the country faces real challenges war, rising costs, climate disasters, political division, infrastructure needs, the Epstein files, and global instability the people elected to govern often appear locked in a different game, entirely a game of messaging, fundraising, and partisan theater. The American pap will, also fed up with the executive branch and of coursectis as the chief fool together with is minion of fools. See, I've been using fools a lot. Have gotten the country into a war with Iran with no plan and no endgame in sight. Gas prices are rising daily as the flow of oil has been sabotaged in the Strait of Hormuz by the Iranian military. Citizens of the US do not want war. What happened to the president's promise of no wars and affordability so that we can live a decent life. People were maybe lied to. Is that possible?
Speaker 3: I don't know. So we want action on climate resilience, action on health care costs, action on housing shortages, action on immigration reform. We don't want war in the Middle East. We don't want war on domestic soil.
Speaker 2: As Ice is waging war on many states, Minnesota and currently Vermont most egregiously, we need to stop. We need to stop the Save Act. We need to get the Epstein files out, because that what was told we would get, so conflict is rewarded.
Speaker 3: Over solutions at this point.
Speaker 2: So if Congress today feels like a collection of fools on the hill, the question isn't only what lawmakers are doing, it's also what the rest of us expect from them and what actions we will take to stop the madness. So today see what can do with George if he's going to help us stop the madness. We have George Paulisner on the program. George is our resident political analysts, environmentalist in curmudgeon, and is the founder of SIEV dot Works. He will give us information regarding what's happening or not happening on the hill, as well as the cowardice of the GOP as the Tao to the wanna be king who directs a war by what he feels in his bones. That's great, let's bomb them for fun, That's wonderful.
Speaker 9: I'm when they get rid of the positive news. What's the negative news?
Speaker 2: You know? Anyway, I'm trying to find it. I know what's in there somewhere. But we'll delve into, uh, how increased maybe renewable energy could have saved off the dependence of oil shipments through the straight of her moves because if.
Speaker 3: We had renewable energy, we wouldn't even care.
Speaker 2: At this point, we'll talk about Cuba and boy, that's a horrible situation, the lifting of Russia, Russian sanctions, the woke media and.
Speaker 3: More, and boy is so much. I don't know how much we'll get to. But George, welcome, welcome, welcome.
Speaker 5: Thank you. I was just gonna say, you know, these are truly times of desperation. If I'm the one that's expected to stop the madness, I don't be the one that starts it.
Speaker 3: You're you're there the we bow down, you know.
Speaker 2: So so watch the shady green quick. I'll give you mine, but tell me yours first.
Speaker 5: So well, I mean, if I could go Saint Patrick's Day green, the reality for me is it remains toxic sledge green, which, according to RFK Junior's brainworm is actually healthy and aproof for breakfast. And so a toxic sledge green is what I'm going with Megxine.
Speaker 2: Well, today we're taping on Saint Patti's Day. Uh, so I'm gonna go like bright kind of Kelly green, because that's you know, Aaron Gobra and in omastra, President Biden. Uh he said, Uh, there's a people say on Saint Patty's Day, one of the is this house runs on shenanigans and malarkey. But wait, it just sounds like the current White House shenanigans and malarkey, I tell you so.
Speaker 4: May remember moment was a popular word.
Speaker 3: Well Biden used it a lot. He used malarchy a.
Speaker 5: Lot, and I'll take Shenanigan said, mallarchy over abusive power and lies.
Speaker 4: And my shade of green, what is your?
Speaker 9: My shade of green is when oil comes up from the ocean and mixes with the ocean water and you see this sort of like greenish.
Speaker 4: Have you ever seen the sadly this line.
Speaker 5: Sadly you'll be seeing more of that. You know that Santa Barbara is back up.
Speaker 9: And running, and it's also being dug by VP, who caused the last major the gold, which.
Speaker 2: Is still not totally cleaning. I mean it's not that will never be the same.
Speaker 4: And then they're digging deeper now, which is even worse.
Speaker 2: So in any event, I mean, I'm trying to do on the show now something called green notes. This is this is something all it is is basically like an environmental good thing. So you know, we know that we have to reduce a reliance on fossil fuels and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. And and if if we had these if we had these renewables, again, as I said before, we wouldn't have to rely on the oil tankers going through the Strait of Hormoves.
Speaker 3: So what say you, George on this?
Speaker 5: I mean, so Bill mckibbon put it best. Bill said that energy from the Sun travels ninety three million miles to Earth without ever having to pass through the Strait of horn Moves. And he also talked about the fact that solar is now forty one percent cheaper than the lowest cost fossil fewer wind is fifty three percent cheaper. And so these are all these are all good things, I mean, and it's probably good to get the good things out of the way first, and then you know, the first thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: First the good news.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it also, it generates power without greenhouse gas emissions. It's sustainable, it's inexhaustible, and.
Speaker 5: It's growing, growing substantially, like for example, wind and solar grew I think eight hundred and thirty tarawatt hours over the past year, whereas natural gas only grew twenty tarrawatt hours, and folks that shifted away from Russian gas started to consume Katari liquid natural gas. And so they're finding out that that was They really need to get off both platforms and get on solar and wind and renewables.
Speaker 9: Our guests make confused, as a supposedly we have the smartest businessman in the world.
Speaker 4: We'll be this.
Speaker 9: Why why do the big oil companies, which supposedly have bright people working for them, why aren't they working on the solar and dark energy to control it as they do the oil.
Speaker 5: There's lots of smart people. There's also people that have an incredible amount of concentrated wealth and power. And that's the problem. Is the folks that have accumulated incredible wealth and power have insatiable greed, and they can't control wind and solar. For the most part, they can control finite extractive resources, and so they will continue. I guess it's like the old coffee commercials, good to the last drop. They will continue to accelerate by whatever means necessary, by whatever war's necessary, to extract the last drop of oil and profit from it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but these big guys can't They put up that you need money to put up the infrastructure that would you know, convert the sunshine and the wind into the power.
Speaker 3: You could get portable units.
Speaker 2: They do that hold on in Germany or some I forgot if it was Germany or somewhere else. They have portable now units that they're putting on their terraces and it's giving them thirty percent of their energy just by having this. It almost looks that it's it's a material kind of thing, almost because it's very pliable. And I mean, they don't have a lease on the sun, these big guys, they don't.
Speaker 5: And they're subsidized by taxpayers too. And you know this, Malcolm. They get some significant subsidies, taxpayer subsidies to continue extractive mechanisms that are armful to the climate and harmful to society. And they don't stop because you have people like Trump getting up at a dinner in mar A Lago saying, give me a billion dollars for my campaign, and you can do whatever you want. And so it's all about power and satiable greed and control. There are plenty of smart people that are continuing to develop mechanisms for solar and wind, but remember this, you know when it comes to wind energy. And this was just in the news that the federal government under Trump is now putting together a package drafting agreements to cancel a massive offshore wind project in exchange for a billion dollars going to a French company, Total Energies. So Total Energies had leased offshore land for a major wind farm project to produce significant amount of renewable, clean, sustainable energy, and Trump is stopping it. And so it doesn't matter that you have smart people working on mechanisms to generate energy when you have people like corrupt, criminal people like Trump and big oil working in concert to extract that last drop of oil.
Speaker 9: I like a GM Kimmel comment on the Academy Awards. Did you hear that things so no about you know France And they said, well, we don't like pedophiles.
Speaker 5: That was about there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said that this is the first time there wasn't one British person nominated as an actor or actress. Uh and and he was saying, but they but hey, they know head of what didn't take care of pedophiles, you know, something like that, the rust pedophiles they risk at least they arrest pedophiles.
Speaker 5: Traditionally they only need Judy Dune in a movie for a minute to say, you know, thank you, and she gets the nomination.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, very possible. But I mean, yeah, they're there. Yeah, there were some funny there was some funny lines by Conan two.
Speaker 3: I won't repeat it, but yeah.
Speaker 9: But they then you realize there's so much bull going around that we don't even talk about the episode follows anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's the hard coverage.
Speaker 3: Wag the dog.
Speaker 2: You know, there there is people, There are people online still saying, you know where the files bahdah blah. I just it's the mainstream media, I mean, the woke media. I don't know where you want to go now because there's so many things we have, you know, the lifting of the Russian sanctions Trump, you know, did that is his?
Speaker 3: The selling oil and speaking of China and giving infoto Iran.
Speaker 9: I'm just wondering if if Brendan Kurr listens to our brocas Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: Sure he'll probably throw me the hell out, Okay.
Speaker 5: I I well, in terms of the Epstein Trump Maxwell files, I was reminded by Cicero for a famous quote that says in times of war, the law falls silent, and so that is probably a very old wag the dog tail, but just as timely today as it was when Zero said it. But I mean the reality is, and We've talked about this on previous shows, and I've written about it. The GOP and as you say, I mean, they were fairly absent, and thankfully because when they are convened, they're either abdicating their oath of office in their absolute fealty and cowardice to Trump, or they're passing things like the Save Act, which was passed in the House, which we may have time to talk about it later, it definitely is. It's being debated right now in the Senate, and it's worth talking about. But the House has abdicated the responsibility to the oath of office. And then you have people like eat Keg's breath, who actually has just talking about no quarter is a war crime in and of itself, and talking happens right, and talk about that's right, talk about displacing the Epstein, Trump Maxwell files. We're not even hearing about the boats that are being blown out of the water, international waters, murder on the high seas committed by this administration, and the thought of no quarter is an absolute war crime. And when you talk about it for the potential to expand the conflict in Iran, the war in Iran that has been started by Yahu and Trump and the deployment of Marines as ground troops. If suddenly there is no such thing as a Geneva convention and no protections, you're basically sending our sons and daughters and sisters and brothers and moms and dads into a war in which, hey, you know, torture is cool. There there's no quarter. You can just shoot people without taking them prisoner. It's absolutely disgusting, and the media doesn't even it covers it for a minute and then goes on to you.
Speaker 4: Know, the.
Speaker 9: Something like that happened about fifty years sixty sixty years already ago place called Vietnam. If it's the same type of warfare or or not paying attention to any on them, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I would say it's even worse, Malcolm, because we should be evolving intellectually as a species in terms of you know, fundamental you know, humanitarian uh morality, and the fact that that we've regressed so far with this administration what is effectively a criminally corrupt administration. Uh. It fills me with absolute disgust.
Speaker 9: I mean, your reality is sort of like to the to the left of Chump's reality.
Speaker 4: That's not a real thing that you're talking about.
Speaker 5: It's not it's not left or right.
Speaker 4: Has it happened?
Speaker 5: It's not left to write, Malcolm, it is. It's basically fundamental morality. And it doesn't matter if you're conservative or liberal. You know, there's a fundamental thought of justice, democracy, uh, and equality and people regardless of you know, where you stand on what's an appropriate long term capital gains rate, which is where the real argument should be in terms of conservatives and liberals. Uh. You know, you have to fundamentally agree that we have a constitution, that we have rule of law, because if you reject all of that, then you're really the the insurrectionists, not you know, not people that that that effectively.
Speaker 4: Say happen might makes right.
Speaker 3: That Mike does not. Mike does not really make right.
Speaker 2: And I'm just going to get off this a second because I wate.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, I don't want to I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear about it because we have devils and fools all around.
Speaker 3: But I just want to do it. I know we're going to hit the brake soon, so let me get this in.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: This is from the Academy Awards. Director David Bornstein won for Documentary for Mister Nobody against Putin, and he said it was about how to lose your country. It wasn't just about Russia. It was about every country where silence becomes surrender, where corruption, oligarchy, and state violence thrive because too many people look away. He said that tyranny doesn't announce itself overnight. It grows in the quiet, one ignored injustice at a time, one censored story at a time, one fearful silence at a time. And then the last line was a warning in rallying cry all at once, when he said, even and nobody is more powerful then you think, because every nobody who speaks up and refuses to comply with cruelty becomes the reason a country finds its spine again.
Speaker 3: That was all an amazing speech, powerfully eloquent.
Speaker 5: That was great, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, beautifully done and just like blew me away that because that just took you where it is.
Speaker 3: He said it just right out outright, and and that's.
Speaker 2: Why you know, I watched it to see what was going to come out of it, and that to me, came out of it out of everything I saw, and so uh and and I got to see that movie now.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's streaming.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you watch it, they'll pick you up and come to your house. I have no idea. I mean, you know, just just just the name of it is UH is mister Nobody against Putin. So all the people in this country who think they're nobody, they're not, and more of us.
Speaker 3: Who get together, hopefully on March twenty eighth, it'll be huge. And how are you working on that? Right?
Speaker 2: So yeah, so we'll we'll uh, we'll talk more about that after the break, all right, So we'll be back with Georgie Paulisner with more info on UH. I keep saying the dismantling of democracy in America, but we have a responsibility as the nobody's to make this better. So please stay tuned and come on back after the break.
Speaker 1: Hudson River Radio dot com.
Speaker 8: Hudson River Radio dot com.
Speaker 9: Hudson River Radio dot com.
Speaker 8: This is Hudson River Radio dot com.
Speaker 2: So we're back with George Paulaisner we're going to talk about war.
Speaker 3: What is it good for? Absolutely nothing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you have to be a certain age to know that line for sure. So in any event, just please subscribe to our podcast after that statement and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Tmshades of Green and any questions go to the website the Many Shades of Green and you can ask all you want. So we were talking about different things about sanctions, about the fools on the hill, the Hill meeting Congress, the capital. So George, we went to war and we didn't. There was no approval from Congress. He didn't even bring his case to the American people nothing. How can we go to war without Congress approval? How we How is this even happening?
Speaker 5: Well? I think what what Trump understands, and particularly those around him that are are stroking his ego to basically be able to do whatever he wants, is he understands that a representative democracy, our our our system of government is intended to be deliberative. Uh. And so he knows that he can push something, he can attack something, whether it be more warehouses and uh, extreme funding for ice and rounding. He can he can take actions in which he's effectively abusing traditional power of office, could be impoundments on on budget or prosecuting war. Uh. Venezuela was his first test to see if he would be reined in and uh. And this Congress UH decided against invoking the War Powers Act. And so they effectively said, yeah, do what you need to do in Venezuela. So Iran is next, uh and UH. And now Trump has issued statements that he wants to simply take Cuba. Uh. And it's it's an absolute abdication of responsibility of Congress. It is the cowardice of the GOP and the absolute fealty of some members of Congress to effectively a criminally corrupt administration. And so he is he is pushing the envelope because he knows he can. The places where he has stopped is in a reaction to something that he does in the fatal courts. And so we can see federal courts pushing back. We occasionally see the Roberts Court reining him in a little bit.
Speaker 2: But the let's face the terriffs that he he didn't do anything else. I don't know, I mean that I saw anything else that came out that was positive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I just and the reality is from his perspective, Roberts, the Roberts Court is what gave him free reign by saying you have immunity for official acts and the intent. And I think it's it's people should know the intent of this administration. At a time in which the Department of Justice still hasn't fulfilled their legal obligation to release all of the Epstein, Trump and Maxwell investigative files. They did recently release I think back on February twenty eighth, a document, uh that alleges in an interview, in an interview with a victim, that Trump raped a thirteen year old girl and abused others. And so the walls are closing in on Trump. He is a cornered animal and that makes him dangerous. Yeah, and that's that's why, Uh, he went after Venezuela. That's why he's prosecuting war in Iran. Uh, not only I think in terms of trying to obscure the Epstein Trump Maxwell files, but also because nat Yahoo said it's time to go into It's time to go into.
Speaker 2: Iran now there now he wants to go into Cuba, and he said and Cuba saying they have not received oil shipments because they're being blocked in three months, they're using solar natural gas and thermoelectric plants, which are also not in good shape. Actually, they said surgeries have been postponed for thousands of thousands of people who is spoiling, and critical shipments from Venezuela were halted.
Speaker 5: Right, So, and a blockade is an act of war. And so the reality is Trump already has declared war on Cuba.
Speaker 3: What what's there?
Speaker 2: What does he want just to take it just because he thinks.
Speaker 5: You know, I think that he in many respects like Putin, trying to take what he wants and what Netanyahu is doing in the Middle East. I think he wants to uh have his legacy be Trump the Great conqueror getting getting rid of these so called evil regimes.
Speaker 9: Well, I think it's kind of obvious if Trump doesn't build up a situation where he's going to be re elected for a third term, he's going to go to jail. He has done enough things outside of you know, executive decisions, but criminal things that if he doesn't get re elected.
Speaker 5: Or.
Speaker 3: He's going to try to stop the election, or he has to stop.
Speaker 9: The election because well but the thing is he's going to be at the time it's eighty three.
Speaker 3: No, I'm talking about the mid terms.
Speaker 2: If we win the midterms and if we get the House and Senate, he's done. I think what I mean, George, do you think if that actually happens, you think.
Speaker 3: We will he will be its way out or what that won't even do it.
Speaker 5: The Senate has a high bar for impeachment, and so if the House flips, and I don't mean if it flips to just Democratic control, because there are independents in the Senate as well, not just Democrats. From my perspective, regardless of your political party, if you take your oath of office seriously, if you do not betray, if your actions do not betray your commitment to your constituents, the Constitution, and your oath of office, it shouldn't matter what political party you're in. He should be impeached and convicted and removed. I don't think people have called for the twenty fifth vocation of the twenty fifth Amendment to remove him because of extreme incompetence insanity. However, you want to characterize what he's doing in terms of his destruction of this country, in our institutions. But he basically installed a cabinet of people that have pledged their absolute fealty to him, and they're simply with the exception of Christinome, there hasn't been enough to rise to the level of impa other parts of his corrupt cabinet. I mean, where the reality is for her obstruction of the release of the investigative files. Every day, Pam Bondy is breaking the law and she should go absolutely the next Scott Bessant has refused the release of some of the financial dealings and documentation related to the Epstein Trump Maxwell files. And so this is an administration that's not going to invoke the twenty fifth Amendment never And I just don't think I think that he could. If the house flips, he could be impeached. He will certainly have investigation after investigation into all of his criminally corrupt acts, whether it be taking the bribe from Qatar in the form of the jet in terms of all of the Trump crypto and violations of the Emolument's clause of the Constitution. I mean, there's enough there for him to be uh, but he'll ignore subpoenas.
Speaker 3: He'll doing that now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'll say go ahead and and you know, do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: The rule of law doesn't exist pretty much.
Speaker 5: That's that's right, because he'll say, uh fine, hold me in contempt of Congress. But then it's up to the Department of Justice, which I right, yeah, it's it's become his uh prosecute, prosecutorial revenge branch instead of the Department of Justice.
Speaker 2: On a different note, all you baseball fans out there, note the finals of the International Baseball Tournament is Venezuela against the USSA.
Speaker 3: No joke, I am not kidding.
Speaker 2: That is that tonight there's going to be Venezuela versus the USA.
Speaker 3: I can't even imagine. I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Who I'm rooting for. I'm voting for the for the ball boy, the guys.
Speaker 5: But I can I can tell you what's going to happen is right now, you know, the Venezuelans are all oiling up their gloves.
Speaker 10: And mits and so defensively, they're gonna they're gonna have a much better defensive game, and you know, the balls are just going to bounce off of all of the stiff for no oil on the American squad.
Speaker 5: You know, we're.
Speaker 4: Speaking of oil which I don't.
Speaker 9: I heard some sort of thing on the news or the other day about how China has threatened the United States that they don't return the tanker that he captured because that oil was meant for China.
Speaker 2: Which there's so many tankers, there's so many things.
Speaker 3: Which is one of Vene Israela.
Speaker 2: I don't even I he the distraction and he just throws out things every day. There's fifteen balls in the air of distract action, like all the time. The chaos is so great you don't even know how to address each thing, and then something falls by the wayside because he's wagging so many dogs that you know.
Speaker 5: And and I think, I think, what's what's happening in in Cuba is an absolute uh, the beginning of a great tragedy in terms of the people there and what Trump is unilaterally doing. Uh. And this is something that's largely under reported uh in media, that a blockade is effectively an active war. Uh. And so and so he has provoked war in Cuba. The people are suffering.
Speaker 2: UH.
Speaker 5: And Trump, you know, is basically talking about, oh, it's my honor to take this and do something with it. You know, maybe Jared can be president of Cuba and uh and then also be you know abord yep, maybe Marco comes back, but you know, he may have he might trip over his floorshy sho shoes.
Speaker 3: I think that's why.
Speaker 9: I think that's why it may be pro Trump, because that's what he promised, Marco, you become the president.
Speaker 3: He may be Trump.
Speaker 4: No no, no, he said.
Speaker 2: More than.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 9: But that was his promise. That's why he's pro Trump. Yeah, he was promised Cuba.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, all the entire cabinet is like I mean, I think if they put in the movie Idiocracy the cabinet that was in that movie in there.
Speaker 3: We'd be okay, we'd be much better off. I mean, I mean, it's just.
Speaker 2: It's beyond comprehension. If you have a quarter of a brain, it's melting right now.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know mine is. It's like, I.
Speaker 9: Wonder who's going to do the first good movie about the administration, like.
Speaker 2: Amazon Milania, you know Bezos is uh, he he's the one I think.
Speaker 5: I thought she was. I thought she was on Pornhub. I didn't know she was on Amazon too.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't I don't look at pornhub. But but they show a picture of her like she was stripping or something, or want to pold I don't know what she was.
Speaker 5: That's how she got her Epstein visa.
Speaker 3: Right, the the genius visa.
Speaker 5: Right, it's for it's for a unique talent.
Speaker 3: It's right. It's the talents that just go above and beyond. It's unreal. So so where do we look?
Speaker 2: Look? I know, I know I can't. I couldn't even think of watching that. You know, some people I know are watching it. Did you watch Milania?
Speaker 5: I actually wrote a letter to I was at an independent theater here in Tucson, and they showed a preview for it, and I sent the theater a note saying, you know, I come to the theater to enjoy and to have some entertainment and to be to essentially have some insulation from the absolute dystopia that's happening around us. And so I said, you know, thanks.
Speaker 2: Thanks for nothing. Thanks for nothing. It wasn't being played around here. I didn't see any theaters that had it in my area. I think I think people's heads would have exploded. I mean, if I had seen that as a comic attraction in my local you know, independent beautiful film house there I would have busted. I would have probably gone straight to the manager.
Speaker 3: How about it, they would have thrown me out of the theater.
Speaker 9: How about if they showed the movie free. You didn't have to pay anything for that?
Speaker 3: See it? If they paid me, I don't even to me if they paid me.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Maxian, how much are we talking about?
Speaker 2: Well, let's see a million dollars.
Speaker 4: Supposedly they paid people for the opening. That's what I got them.
Speaker 3: I heard they that they asked people that they people don't.
Speaker 4: Know what to believe anymore.
Speaker 5: They got a Trump the problem.
Speaker 3: That's where he gets us. No one knows what's to believe anymore.
Speaker 5: They got a Trump phone and some Trump crypto I guess.
Speaker 9: I mean with they, with they even if I see it on video, I don't know if it's real.
Speaker 2: And a watch in a Bible to go with it, you know, it's it's just insane. So so now you know, I don't do you want to go into wob You want to finish up with sanctions?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean to what? Yeah, I mean, what what's happened with? Uh? This operation so called Epic Fury, which is I think we all know is Epstein fury Uh is because Trump did not account for in his tiny little mind the fact that the Strait of Hormuz is largely controlled by Iranian forces. Twenty percent of the oil for the world moves through that strait. And so what what Trump has done is he's now basically sent a love letter to his favorite tyrant, murderous tyrant, Blad Putin, and he's basically lifted sanctions on Russian oil. And you know that, you know he is going to Putin's going to use the funds associated with that to inflict more damage in his invasion of Ukraine. And so it's from a geopolitical standpoint, it's a chain of events that's absolutely up in disgusting. And at the end of the day, you have two tyrants. One of them is clever and the other one basically is self deluded into, you know, thinking he's a genius, and he gets played by every leader with a three digit IQ in the world.
Speaker 4: Before we go, I have a question for you. Now.
Speaker 9: Trump says that we're self sufficient as far as oil goes, that we have enough, right And guess I don't think he.
Speaker 5: Said And this was all throughout Project twenty twenty five is declaring that energy independence is a major objective for the United States. I don't think he's ever said I don't think he's ever declared that we are independent from having to import any oil.
Speaker 4: No, I've already said that he wants to, Well, hey, what couldn't If.
Speaker 9: We can show so much oil, why can he unilaterally lower prices if we're not that dependent on the imports.
Speaker 5: Because we are, we are dependent on imports, and.
Speaker 4: The heed to us. I don't believe that.
Speaker 5: Uh, well, you know he has a tell, Malcolm. Uh and this is you know, if you play a lot of poker, you know certain players have a tell. If his mouth is moving and sounds are coming out, he's lying, it's a tell. And if he's not talking, then Lovett is lying for him.
Speaker 2: It's just yeah, yeah, that's unbelievable that what she says in those press conferences. It's it's like, you know, they just think that, you know, it's just there. You know, people we have a brain are not going to know what.
Speaker 3: The hell is going on, and they gets catering anyway.
Speaker 9: Did you think he types on the computer himself or he dictates?
Speaker 5: Yeah, when they're typos, I'm pretty sure he is doing it.
Speaker 2: You know it's I mean that that president. I mean what he did to this office, he literally brought it.
Speaker 4: But it is unto the cuntry to the world is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Well, what he's trying to do now, and it's being debated on the Senate floor, is the Save America Act, which we talked about, and it is a it is absolutely draconian bill that goes to the heart of our elections. It passed the House already.
Speaker 3: You know, so not a suppression bill.
Speaker 5: It is a voter suppression bill.
Speaker 2: And it's a full tax because now you don't need to get a passport, and it's women.
Speaker 3: It's directed most at women.
Speaker 5: Over twenty one million American voters lack access to either a passport or a birth certificate. In order to obtain a passport, the passport offices are all backed up out of the the Department of State, and then the cost is so che with obtaining a passport is absolutely a poll tax. And from my perspective, if they want to pass the Save Tax, what they need to do is they need to go to every seven to eleven and circle K and appoint somebody uh a t SA agent who. I guess they're unpaid now are still unpaid because of the gay quitting. But they need to they need to basically pass out passports for free, uh, and they need a mechanism to distribute them for anybody that wants them, uh, to eliminate the poll tax. And so if it doesn't look like it's going to pass, I think there's there's a very small chat with me.
Speaker 2: To bar it wouldn't It wouldn't surprise me though. Oh yeah, I mean, are they going to be able to get the dam They need the Damns and Senate to do this.
Speaker 5: Well, they you know, they'll get They'll get John.
Speaker 2: Fetterman one and this is a sixty they need sixty.
Speaker 3: They want to do a filibuster. I don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 4: Anything you want to kill the philibus, anything.
Speaker 3: That's cruel and evil that that's being done.
Speaker 5: Well well, And keep in mind that the whole purpose is the so called non citizen voting. And just to give you an example, in Utah, they reviewed over two million registered voters and they found one confirmed instance of a non citizen voting. And this is if you look at the Brennan Center for Justice, it is aligned and supported by just about every election investigation that's been done over the past thirty or forty years. It's a completely made up myth to.
Speaker 9: Create a doubt people are creating.
Speaker 4: You know, well, it doesn't.
Speaker 5: It does create doubt, but it does more than that, Malcolm. I mean the voter suppression efforts to kick people off of the voter rolls, uh to uh, to consolidate precincts so that suddenly there's a five hour line on election day. These are the Yep, that's right.
Speaker 3: You have to get it postmarked. That means you have to go to the post office and get it postmarked that way because you go.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also they took away they used to be able to get passports and libraries.
Speaker 3: They stop that, that's right. So so literally they're just trying to kill the world. I mean, what is there power you need?
Speaker 4: It's not about talking about make America great again? To me? Is make America white again?
Speaker 5: No? It is. But I mean they're not trying to kill the world. They're just trying to basically consolidate and perpetuate and project their power. Uh. And as a result, they basically want to drain the treasury. That's what they're doing, uh the are What they're doing is they're basically taking money out of out of our out of our bank accounts, our children's and our grandchildren's bank accounts to pay I mean, the the US debt right now is up over thirty eight trillion dollars. And you take that debt and then you cut taxes for the wealthy. Who's going to pay for that? It's us?
Speaker 3: We are, yep, but they don't.
Speaker 4: During during his first term did then he increase the.
Speaker 9: The debt by two three trillion dollars seven.
Speaker 2: Trillion, But at least he had at least there was some adults in that administration.
Speaker 5: Yeah, even even a Secretary of State Exon Rex Tillerson, you know who later then called him an e fing moron.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, Well, because you know, I just don't know where this is all going to end up. People, So U try to get some joy in Saint Patti's Day is today, have a green beer man.
Speaker 5: Well, March March twenty eighth is huge, and I've been and I know that there are thousands of events being planned all over the country and throughout the world. And I've had the honor of working side by side in a planning committee organizing an event where we believe that we'll have between six and eight thousand people from the local community and so and I think that we'll see events like this all across the nation and again throughout the world. I saw some information about no Kings in Portugal.
Speaker 3: That's cool, yep.
Speaker 9: Why does he planning for? I think Martin it's May where a prayer day that he's going to.
Speaker 2: I don't even I don't want to give it even any air turning then he can know what anyway. So here we are where can people get more information? And we have siv dot works. Where can you go to take action? People need to go to the March twenty eighth, They need to get involved.
Speaker 3: They need to take action in their communities.
Speaker 5: And that's right. No Kings dot Org, Indivisible, fifty to fifty one, siv dot works. We list a lot of organizations that are working, whether they be independent, independent journalism, media folks like Heather Cox Richardson, books to read, films to watch, get your neighbors involved. And you know, remember when you have somebody like egg eggs Keg's breath and Trump willing to commit our sons and daughters and sisters and brothers and moms and dads to an illegal, completely made up war. We need to get on We need to get out in the streets. We need to do something about this, and we need to be heard and can be held for treason.
Speaker 3: The head, the head of a c l U basically said.
Speaker 2: What he sees is that we need to do a complete shutdown, like a shutdown of the.
Speaker 5: Country, a general strike, a general strike.
Speaker 2: That nothing happens, no one does anything, no work, no nothing. The odds of that happening here in the US very low. They've done it, They've done it in France except for a right there. Yeah, man, I hope by the time the summer comes and comes that that that that the t s A and that the flights are going.
Speaker 3: But this is crazy. I wouldn't want to be flying down. Oh yeah, absolutely anyway.
Speaker 2: Thank you George and Malcolm Niel back there. Thanks for joining us for the Many Shades of Green. For more info and shows, go to Hudson River Radio dot com, Malcolm Presents dot com and the Many Shades of Green dot com. Send us your thoughts at TM Shades of Green on Instagram and follow us on Facebook. Subscribe to your podcast on all major apps. Again a shout out to Neil could do not this show without him at all, and to Brian and Malcolm for their help. Always remember to pic Achete of Green and raise your eco and social consciousness Maxie, Margot Rubin and we'll see you again next time.
Speaker 8: This is Hudson River Radio dot com.