Speaker 1: A shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of Idiotology. We'll let your tako one on one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: But you're freaking idiots, all right. Hey, reminder about ten minutes away from voting opening this morning for you say we play it. You can be able to do that at the JR Facebook page for this morning's featured artist anytime between seven and twenty and nine o'clock. Get your vote in. That vote qualifies you for what is it Latak tickets. That's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll tell you when to vote for you say we play it. But it's about a little less than ten minutes away. Now you could be going to Metallica forgetting to vote in.
Speaker 2: We would like to point out some of you who may have just joined us here in the last ten to fifteen minutes. Yes, we are very much aware that Val Kilmer passed away yesterday and I've talked about it several times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this morning unfortunate, and we were talking, well we said it earlier but also with each other all the different stuff that he was in and great did Great.
Speaker 2: Sixty five pneumonia got him in the end. He had battled cancer and some other health issues. But yeah, he's that's an actor. You don't never really hurt anybody say crap about film. No, Kilmer is well liked, respected, skilled.
Speaker 1: And I've told a couple people at least he's not suffering anymore. You know.
Speaker 2: What we got here. Let's begin with this story. Company called ASB Glass Floor Okay is hoping that they are literally on the ground floor of the future of basketball around the world.
Speaker 1: The whole glass floor thing kind of you know, me being afraid of heights kind of you know, freaks me out a little, but not for a basketball court that would be totally fine. And so they're playing ball on a glass floor. That is their their gimmick. Picture this and there are a couple of international teams that utilize this product as well. I believe it was Kentucky. Kentucky's basketball team for their opener back in October did a promotion where they featured the glass floor look kind of cool. It's it's this product that is floors made of fuse together layers of safety glass, which is then placed over led panels that are on the surface, which are then lit to provide the markings for whatever events being held on the floor. Any kind of logos or advertising or whatever which can be changed in a key stroke, and you can see where the technology comes in there. That is a good idea. And if it's basketball, like you said, throw the logo on the team, but also do the three point line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the markers, right.
Speaker 1: So until you have you know, two seven foot two guys hit the ground and shatter.
Speaker 2: It, won't shatter it. In fact, it's it's even safer than smacking down under the hardwood.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They said that about the old backboards until one Shakill O'Neil came along and just.
Speaker 2: Literally shattered that theory. Prove the shatter proof were all it does look. Uh, it's pretty cool though, that is I like that, albeit pricey, very pricey.
Speaker 1: Ye. So but if you're building some state of the art arena, you know, and.
Speaker 2: They said that, you know, a lot of the pushback will come from traditionalists are like when you say hardwood, you immediately think basketball courts. And they even have a design where it looks like hardwood, just like tile can be made to look like wood.
Speaker 1: Now, just like you said, one stroke of a key and okay, we got the hardwood look. But the glass floors in general. I mean, like, yeah, a glass bottom boat, I think that's cool. But a glass floor on the bridge, the walkway's glass.
Speaker 2: How about the viewing platform at the Grand Canyon that extends out no way.
Speaker 3: No way, and that I've seen Final Destination movies. I no, no, And that's coming from Pat think of me afraid of heights. You know that one glass bridge that you walk from building the building.
Speaker 2: I would be just I'd pass out. Even when I went to the Grand Canyon. You know, I even just consciously stayed a few feet back from getting as close as I could have.
Speaker 1: Now you gotta worry. You know how crazy people are about probably getting pushed. Kidding dude, you know, like you staying a few feet back like it just like the subways. Oh look they're they're wedding close to the tracks. Let me push them. What is wrong with people?
Speaker 2: That'd be interesting, though, to see all of a sudden in every basketball court is now glass.
Speaker 1: They've they've got it. They've got their first in on this though. So you said it's pricey eight. You don't see everyone doing it yet, but probably not gonna.
Speaker 2: Be down at the y mc A Youth League happening or the Boys and Girls Club. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Or I did just get their flooring rereadone and then basketball court.
Speaker 2: Well that is winter Park, Tako. Well we got some cash running through the buddy. That was the y money. Hey uh, this is pretty hardcore here, man. We go to Western PA. Western Pennsylvania. Hardcore armed robbery. Several of these have happened, believed to be associated or targeted Amish buggies. Well you got you got thieves in cars rolling up on homage buggies and robbing them at gun point?
Speaker 1: Are they buggy jacking them?
Speaker 2: No, they're just taking their wallets. Wow, you gotta be a real a hole to do something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that guy's not that guy or lady's not doing anything that hurts you except for maybe being a little slow.
Speaker 2: It is a pretty soft target, dude, I know, stop and car versus buggy. I mean, you're gonna get away every time.
Speaker 1: And they don't have a cell phone to call and report you. Yeah, exactly are they? One of the teenagers may have one. I'm just saying, oh yeah, the ones that are out in the barn to the big barn parties.
Speaker 2: Molly, And is that Amish ragers show still on where they go out in the world and decide if they still want to be Amish or not.
Speaker 1: I would have to, uh what was it called? I was intrigued by watching I was too amish? WHI should almost Amish ragers should? No, I'm just trying to find it, Okay, hold on.
Speaker 2: Raging Amish dudes and suspenders in a pricey New York City hotel room drinking malt liquor. Just kind of surreal.
Speaker 1: Those those shows were kind of a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, you're gonna get some bwo spreading into the Amish Amish country. What are we gonna do?
Speaker 1: I have armed guards on the side of the road. This is just for retail theft. If you're an Amish person, you should have a wooden bat as a weapon, because you can't have them looking them back, because that would be breaking Amish rules. I'm sure, Beto. Like how you have the beat stick underneath your front seat?
Speaker 2: Can you have a gun if you're Amish? Is that permitted?
Speaker 1: Probably not.
Speaker 2: If that's permitted, i'd be I'd be locking load in every buggy that hits the road.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but see, you and I are definitely not ten percent Amish.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: So I have visited Amish country many times, and I told you about that one restaurant we went to that was run by them, and that's still to this day the best home cooked food I've ever had in my life.
Speaker 1: All I remember is you said the best ice cream you've ever had too?
Speaker 2: Oh that was. It was unbelievable. Literally was coming the pipe from the cow to the table. No see grows actual refrigeration in between. It's like watching the song made. I don't want to see it.
Speaker 1: Oh god. Yeah. But they were not putting b WO on the sides of Amish streets to protect unless they hire them, but if they have a convenience.
Speaker 2: So if you were this thief and you rolled up on the buggy and you saw a b w O sticker on the side of.
Speaker 1: It, you're not hitting it. No, You're going. That guy's packing a wooden stand. He has no chance against my gun. But they now they worked the wood in an Amish land. Get from a lot of building. Dude. This text sign is so breaking Amish. Thank you. I was looking at it. And then different form of the text line, not the updated one ragers yeah, breaking Amish pat And then there's the Amish mafia, remember that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was that? That one cat's name? The weirdos like did or what wasn't their allegations that whole thing was stage Yeah who oh yeah, Okay, I'm at the new tax former.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm at the new text one again.
Speaker 2: There more on this next story on our Facebook page. And I defer to you on how something like this could happen Toaco.
Speaker 1: They're saying breaking Amish and and Amish mafia, but I was just talking about the rager parties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, breaking amage, the Amish mafia. One is the Levi Levi that prick.
Speaker 1: So breaking Amish was the kids, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, I believe so. The one's going out in the world to see if they still are going to be Amish when they come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they got a little unmised.
Speaker 2: Amish only fans.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. Yeah, that was the one because it was on TLC.
Speaker 2: All right, we go to Tennessee meat packing plant there lost about three hundred and fifty thousand dollars worth of beef when workers there loaded it onto trucks from a subcontractor called List Trucking Sales, which doesn't exist. They didn't even question the drivers drivers, is backed it into the dock loader up? Boys, all right, and they did. We're a hauling your meat. They drove off with eighty thousand pounds of beef from the meatpacking plant.
Speaker 1: At least check their logs to make sure they haven't been driving over the certain amount of hours.
Speaker 2: No questions asked. Sure, list trucking sales sounds legit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna haul this be We're gonna haul your beef right toward.
Speaker 2: Table and away they went.
Speaker 1: So you just got to look for somebody having a huge beef sale right in that area.
Speaker 2: I just I know you didn't. Everything you did back in your OTR days wasn't a buff board. You've statue of limitations, come clean on much of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's over the road, truck or to you novices out there. The worst, one of the worst holes that I had was when I was hauling fruit and there were fruit flies and it ruined.
Speaker 2: They feed they like bread. It was a long trip.
Speaker 1: It was from Maine to uh to Seattle, and it was a tough for out too, and the fruit flies were making love in the back of the truck.
Speaker 2: I never messed with it. In blueberries.
Speaker 1: It was a hole. It was strawberries and blueberries, yeah, from blue Blueberry Hill and but no, the fruit flies made love and then there were more fruitflies. And I got there and it was just mush. They'd eaten everything and just you open the back like and it was fruit flies everywhere. They took out part of the redwoods. They went from fruit to wood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you missed those days, don't you.
Speaker 1: I really do. Orlando's Rock Station