Speaker 1: This morning, Happy eighty fourth to Mike Love run nice and nice where we be long, it's going to make it that.
Speaker 2: Would make you say nice? Maybe seeing happy times together week I'm gonna set every Christmas.
Speaker 1: You would. I am with a condition and my co acognition open.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 4: We could be buried, we could, we could.
Speaker 1: We could be happy. Coming to you from the sixth floor of a nondescript bird killer building. It's the Saturday Morning edition one more time, La, let's see.
Speaker 2: Makes but let's talk about this.
Speaker 1: Oh and for the last twenty eight years, it has been real nice to be with you every Saturday morning, save for a few vacation days here and there. Today is the anniversary show. I believe we started actually in February of nineteen ninety seven. But we're gonna have the anniversary party supposedly today. And I say supposedly because there's always a fly in the ointment, there's always you know, a monkey in the wrench, to quote Bruce Willison, some wonderful movie from the eighties. So we're planning on this party today. And I should have known better than to schedule a party on the IDEs of March. Who does that? Well? Speaking of the IDEs of March March fifteenth, forty four BC. On the IDEs of March, Julius Caesar, then the Roman dictator, assassinated by Roman senators at two Brute Brutus and Cassius, who feared Caesar was working to establish a monarchy. They cut him down a day that would live in infamy. Hopefully today, with the weather forecast and everything else, does not live in infamy this date. In nineteen sixty five, then President LBJ. Lyndon Baines Johnson addressed a joint session of Congress called for new legislation to guarantee every American's right to vote. The result was the passage of the Voting Rights Act of nineteen sixty five. Probably the least egregious thing that LBJ did, something actually positive on this day. In nineteen seventy two, The Godfather, the film based on the Mario Puso novel Francis Ford Coppola behind the Director's Chair, premiered in New York. This is the Day of the Godfather debut twelve. Just thirteen short years ago today, convicted former Illinois Governor Rob Blagoyevitch entered federal prison in Colorado began serving a fourteen year sentence for corruption released in February twenty twenty, at the end of President Donald Trump's first term, and Trump would pardon Blagojevich. Then last month of this year, a pedestrian bridge under construction over a busy Miami Highway collapsed on this date in twenty eighteen, crushing cars beneath it. Six people died ten were injured. And in twenty nineteen, on March fifteenth, the gunman killed fifty one to two mosques in christ Church, New Zealand, streaming the massacre live on Facebook. Now what I want to know is how does the country with some of the most strict gun laws in the world allow a gunman to walk into two moss and shoot fifty one people. Jud Hirsch, the actor, is ninety today mentioned Mike Love. Filmmaker David Cronenberg is eighty two. Sly Stone More with Sylvester Stewart of sly Stone in the Family Stone this morning at seven thirty five with the music professor. He's back in rock and roll Archaeology, the guy who created the first digital album, musician Ray Cooter is seventy eight today. Francis Conroy seventy two, d. Snyder of Twisted Sisters, still not taking it at seventy. Baseball Hall of Famer Harold Baines is sixty six. Brett Michaels have poisoned as sixty two. We'll hear from Brett before the morning's over. Singer TV host Mark McGrath Sugar Ray is fifty seven. We won't hear from him. Actress Kim Raver is fifty six. Eva Longoria is fifty. Uh will I am from Black Eyed Peas is fifty. We might sneak in some Black Eyed Peas this morning. Liam An actor kelln Lutz is forty. If it's your birthday, I hope it is the best birthday you could possibly imagine. You get to do the things that you love to do with the people you love to do them with, and that is truly my wish for you. It's anniversary Day on the Saturday Morning edition WOOO. It continues in moments.
Speaker 5: This morning at nine, Mike Allen bites the latest wave of ridiculousness with karatefe discipline on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Over the years you've brought them into your home. You were prescribed opioids after the C section when Dad entered us back when your basketball star tore his acl Opioids helped with the pain, and you held on to them just in case. But did you know holding onto unused obioids puts your family at risk. Opioids are powerful pain reduced prescription medicines, but most people who are prescribed opioids don't finish their prescriptions, So millions of unused opioids are sitting at homes across the country, and tragically, more than one hundred Americans die every day from overdoses involving opioids. What can you do to protect your family? Remove the risk of unused opioids from your home, pills patches or syrups and drawers, purses and cabinets anywhere they might be hiding. To find out how to dispose of them properly, visit www dot FDA dot gov slash drug disposal.
Speaker 1: Kind of a wild morning. There is a tornado watch in effect for pretty much the entire tri state area. Some thunderstorms this morning, clearing at about ten or eleven this morning and then refiring up like four or five this afternoon for the greater Cincinnati area. Are high about twenty one degrees, but the wild weather continues tonight and there are some serious severe weather threats for most of us going into the late hours this evening into the early hours of Sunday.
Speaker 7: Just so you know, seven one hundred and WL Jummany Sport, Liam Tomlinson tournament time and the dominoes keep falling.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Yeah, there was some games last night, late into the night. Kentucky tipped off at ten. They've lost to Alabama ninety nine to seventy in the SEC tournament quarterfinals.
Speaker 1: So all of the local teams.
Speaker 8: Xavier is looking in the bubble looking in into the tournament, and Kentucky should be in probably a three or four seed. Louisville topp Clemson seventy six seventy three. Duke defeated North Carolina seventy four to seventy one in the ACC semi finals, so Louisville and Duke will face off in the ACC Championship tonight at eight thirty. Saint John's rolled to a seventy nine sixty three victory over Mark.
Speaker 1: There's that Patino guy again.
Speaker 8: Creighton defeated Yukon seventy one to sixty two, So Saint John's and Creighton face off in the Big East Championship tonight at six thirty Ivy League Championship. Today Princeton Yale eleven am tip off some SEC tournament semifinal games. Tennessee faces Auburn, Alabama faces Florida.
Speaker 1: You ever seen you ever seen a Princeton Harvard basketball game. It's great. So like, look little midgets playing five feet below the rim. It's awesome.
Speaker 8: I've seen the Prince the Harvard Princeton football games.
Speaker 1: Now gotta do basketball. Lots of lots of rolling pick cuts, a lot of a lot of clock management, not a whole lot of dunks.
Speaker 8: The Big Ten semi finals Wisconsin in Michigan State face off in the first game in Michigan and Maryland face off in the nightcap. All right, Reds fell to the Diamondbacks two to one and the White Sox seventy three and split squad scrimmages yesterday, Wells two two. In a day that heards even more goodness. Reds are back in action this afternoon against the Royals. First pitch is set for four oh five right here on the Home of the Red seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Your tune to news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Are you having trouble hearing loss can devastate the quality of your life. You want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. That's what we always say. Twenty eight years and counting and up first is a guest that many of you have been listening for whatever reason, low these many years. Is unique to this program. And she used to she used to spread herself around, so to speak. That didn't sound good. The first time I ever heard this caller on the air, I was driving in one Saturday morning and I heard her with a man named Steve Summers who had replaced his father on the Truck and Bozo show the atn Overnights here, and I said, who is that person? She is so interesting? And then she started calling me. I don't remember at what point. The Lynette that was her name, then started calling me and just became a regular part of my Saturday mornings. And now she has evolved, she has grown like we all should, like hopefully we all do. And now she is known as Mama Tree and she is on the line right now on the anniversary show. Good morning, Mamma Tree. May Darling, I love you too, Thank you.
Speaker 9: It was a thirstday you were on the air. Remember my son the captain who called you and he said calling that tree because he's a good oldide. Remember that I told you twenty eight years ago. First day you're on the air.
Speaker 1: In nineteen ninety seven. You're sure, baby, Yes, well you've been there from the beginning.
Speaker 9: Then, yeah, we are the first.
Speaker 1: But I first heard you on the truck and boat with Steve Summers calling in you.
Speaker 9: No W, that be sixty one years, but I'm thirty seven.
Speaker 1: I love your math. Your math is always the best part of our conversation. She's been WLW for fifty one years and she's only thirty seven years old. I love that.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: Now, how long have you been alive this time?
Speaker 9: Oh? Sixty one years today?
Speaker 1: Oh sixty one?
Speaker 9: Oh six years to my dad? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah you died six years ago, but you're six today.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm sixty years old.
Speaker 4: Been happy?
Speaker 10: Laugh?
Speaker 1: No song this morning, or you don't feel like it? Or what's going on?
Speaker 10: Ye?
Speaker 9: Hold my hand, bad, God, old my hand, Old my hand, Lord, hold my hand. I'm down on my knees. I'm begging you, Lord. I need a doctor, I need a lawyer, and I need your marrycy.
Speaker 11: Lord.
Speaker 9: If you don't hold my hand. I will sail. Hold my hand, Lord, hold my hands, old my hand. Amen.
Speaker 1: All right. So you got a little frog in your throat this morning?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I got cold in my sleep and this is the love of it.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I hope you feel better as the day goes on.
Speaker 9: Oh. I hate to tell you, but my fish has changed my plan. You know, she's my he's honor. Yeah, director, and I'll battle it. Who I am, Malma Tree? This litery, it's girl. So the black dress will wait?
Speaker 1: All right, sweetheart, that sounds fun. I'll be there all right. Look forward to seeing your moment Tree. Love you. Take care?
Speaker 9: Yeah, bye bye.
Speaker 1: See that is what I look forward to every Saturday morning, and my life is rich because of it. It's hot. It's hot.
Speaker 12: It's hot, but not with ACR Gunny Polls and spas call today swim this year Acrgunny Pools dot Com.
Speaker 13: Excuse me, I know you have a nine o'clock so I'll keep this short. I'm the business suit in the back of your closet. You wore me nearly every day before your office went quote casual. I used to be the CEO of your closet. Now I'm just that one intern no one ever talks to. I always thought you'd circle back with me, get granular, keep me in the pipeline. But nada, nothing. Don't you remember the McKittrick presentation. You spilled coffee on me and I still looked amazing during the breakout talkback, Q and A. So I think it's time for me to move on. I've got a great resume and I absolutely crush it in interviews. Okay, let's make this a clean break shift the paradigm. The only thing I ask is that you think outside the box here and do this. Take me to Goodwill where I can really make a difference.
Speaker 14: Your donations to Goodwill create new jobs, training programs, and education assistance for people in your community. To find your nearest donation center, go to Goodwill dot org Donate stuff, Create Jobs. A message from Goodwill and the ad Council.
Speaker 15: A busy weather day around the try S Data tornado watch is in effect until ten am for the majority of the area. We've also got a floodwatch in effect for most of the area and a wind advisory. Showers and storms will be possible this morning with a severe threat and then again this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Evening.
Speaker 15: Make sure you are staying weather aware and keeping up to date with WCPO from a severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred wlw OUR.
Speaker 7: iHeartRadio Music Awards are back Monday Night on.
Speaker 16: Fox performing Long God, Bunny, Billy Eile, Jenny Chesney, Money Lung Nellie.
Speaker 6: Your host, Hello, Cool Day, your Inner.
Speaker 7: Figure Award recipient, Lady Gaga, Icon Award.
Speaker 6: Recipient Mariah Carey, Th Award recipient Greasy a Bro.
Speaker 17: And we're celebrating iHeartRadio's Tour of the Century Award honoring Taylor Swift the Aras Tour Why.
Speaker 1: On Fox Monday Night starting at eight pm, and listen on iHeartRadio. Furniture Fare is turning sixty two. This calls for a celebration.
Speaker 16: We always have the area's lowest prices guaranteed, but during our anniversary sale, you'll.
Speaker 1: Get an if you need a BENJ know you player, if you need somebody to give you directions, if you just need a friend. This guy has been steady Eddie the whole way through on the Saturday morning edition, and he's back again, Ladies and gentlemen, once more, Dick from Dayton. Good morning, Dick.
Speaker 18: Good morning Garry, Jeff. How are you.
Speaker 1: Oh you sound good. You sound like you're ready for a party today.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I haven't. It's somebody gonna get me because I haven't heard from Dave or anybody, because I've been I've been a.
Speaker 8: Wait this week.
Speaker 18: I've been playing a lot of music this week.
Speaker 1: Oh, you've been on tour.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 18: I went over to me over in Zinga, and then I went to the strummers uh and a lot of people. I went to this little coffee hub that miss mat and we got to talk and then I played actually four days this week.
Speaker 1: Holy mackerel, I bet you're Austin.
Speaker 18: No, it was just nice. Everybody greeted me. And you know, wonder day thought I went down somewhere and loped or something, you know, eloped play music, you know or something.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe they thought you were cheating on him. Uh. This is the this is the message I got from Dave from Dayton. Dave Backgrath. He says, Jeff, the uber driver will be picking Dick up to get him to Huddles around noon for your enery. So for God's sake, Dick, don't go any Wait, on. Jeff, the Uber driver coming to pick you up.
Speaker 18: Okay, oh okay, okay, Now is he gonna am I gonna get back?
Speaker 1: Well, I imagine he'll stay with you like he did last time on your birthday and bring and bring you back home.
Speaker 18: Oh okay, about what time you say?
Speaker 1: Just need you need to be home? He said he will. Well, he will deliver you about noon, which means he's gonna pick you up at like I don't know, eleven o'clock or ten forty five or something to get there by noon. Oh okay, So don't go anywhere, Dick, don't you'll miss your ride. Don't go anywhere. Okay, all right, Well look forward. We all look forward to it, brother, every single one of us. So I may have some changes of plans, you know what, Dick, I'm going to get your number down to. We may have an alternate location I just found out, Yes, yes, okay, but we'll get you there, all right.
Speaker 18: Oh okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Thanks, take care, okay, say good night, Dick, good night, carry Jeff. All right, Dick from Dayton, and I do have some important information regarding our party today, So to be really busy on the phone in between commercial breaks, and I'll let you know exactly where we're gonna pick up and have this shim dig on the IDEs of March. Details are rapidly changing as we continue the show. Maybe Dave from Harrison will be around the corner. He usually is just past six o'clock news, and then Dave and maybe old Radio Rick and the regular cast of characters is chip Hart, says chip Hart, who's also supposed to be at the party today. That's another call. I gotta make well. I got things to do and I'll fill you in on all the details in just a moment on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: Run a business and not thinking about podcasting think again more.
Speaker 15: A busy weather day around the Try State of Tornado watch is an effect until ten am for the majority of the area. We've also got a floodwatch and effect for most of the area and a wind advisory. Showers and storms will be possible this morning with a severe threat and then again this afternoon evening. Make sure you are staying weather aware and keeping up to date with WCPO. From a severe weather station, I'm nine first Morning Meteorroologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred W welw our.
Speaker 1: Next update is that six thirty I'm Whitney Harris News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: News twenty four hours a day, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Into the first official hour of the Saturday morning edition for this Saturday, March fifteen to twenty twenty five. Gary Jeff Walker on Anniversary Party Day. That's right, we throw ourselves an anniversary party because nobody else would. I started that nine years ago on the nineteenth anniversary, and I thought, I don't know if there's going to be a twentieth, so might as well party now. And so this is nine years later. It is still the anniversary party twenty eight now. Since we kicked on the air in February of nineteen ninety seven on the hallowed airwaves of this sacred great radio station. The party has moved. I repeat, the party is moving to another location besides Huddles. There are many a myriad of reasons which I'm not going to go all into right now, but we were going to be there on at Huddles on Main Street, where we've had it the last couple of years. We will be at twenty four to oh one. Alexandria Pike twenty four to oh one Alexandria Pike at the corner of Willow and twenty seven, a place called the Sittin Bull Cafe. It's about a mile from Huddles. It's easy to find right there in twenty seven, right there in the corner. And I'm suggesting that the party go as far as everyone being there, you know, from one o'clock till about three, so the good part of the day without hopefully thunder and lightning and cats and dogs and armadillos raining from the sky. So again the anniversary party is still on. Today, we are going to move it to twenty four to one Alexandria Pike. They're on Highway twenty seven in Southgate at the Sitting Bull Cafe.
Speaker 10: Just see you.
Speaker 1: Why look, it's it's Dave from Harrison on the line the trees.
Speaker 19: Good morning, game, Good morning there top of the morning tea. There my old laddie friend, guy type John.
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 20: Congratulations?
Speaker 1: Oh thanks? Did you hear me talk that the party location has been moved?
Speaker 19: Yeah, okay, my guests would be to accommodate the masses.
Speaker 1: Actually this her location, but there are a myriad again, a lot of reasons which I'll I'll tell you about later.
Speaker 20: All right, So, Jeff, I am a question for that?
Speaker 1: Uh oh, what is it?
Speaker 19: What is your secret, my man? To your longevity?
Speaker 1: Nobody else wanted to get up this early.
Speaker 10: There you go. Somebody's got to do it issues, but us.
Speaker 1: So I am. I'm scrambling now to get Dick's uber driver lined up. Mammetry. I have no idea what I'm going to tell her and how to get there. If anybody is listening, who's going to bring mametry to the celebration to day? It's changed. The location has changed to twenty four oh one Alexandria Pike in Southgate. All right? Uh so anyway, mister oh, I had to ask you a question, Dave, Okay, shoot, what position do leprechaunts playing baseball? Usually? Hmmm, shortstop?
Speaker 10: There you go?
Speaker 19: What do you call it?
Speaker 1: What do you call a dishonest irishman? Elep Cohn, lepra Cohn, alepre con elepre n Jeff, Dave?
Speaker 19: What, uh, what's irish and stays outside all day and all night?
Speaker 1: What's irish and stays outside all day and all night? Dave? That'd be uh Patty, Oh, furniture Patty, I heard you the first time.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Hey, why do they why a what do you call pirates.
Speaker 1: Pirates because they're pirates?
Speaker 21: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Why do you call pirate pirates.
Speaker 19: Because they are?
Speaker 1: You work on that? Do you work on that one a long time?
Speaker 10: Dave?
Speaker 20: Not really?
Speaker 10: I heard it on a sister radio station. But that's okay. Jesse.
Speaker 11: Did you hear about the cheese factory that exploded over in France?
Speaker 1: The cheese factory that exploded in France?
Speaker 20: No breaking, No, My good debree is everywhere I thought.
Speaker 16: The jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funding by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham is all about the American dream. He wants us all to live it. What's your American dream?
Speaker 22: To marry a very rich, very beautiful woman so I can dedicate all my time to.
Speaker 1: My cheese collection. Did he say cheese collection? Yeah, could be why he smells like old cheddar. If I had a rich, beautiful wife, cheese would be the last thing.
Speaker 18: On my mind.
Speaker 1: I love a cheesy man as much as I love Willie Bill Cunningham.
Speaker 6: Monday at twelve noon on seven hundred WL.
Speaker 13: Excuse me. I know you have a nine o'clock, so I'll keep this short. I'm the business suit in the back of your closet. You wore me nearly every day before your office went quote casual. I used to be the CEO of your closet. Now I'm just that one intern no one ever talks to. I always thought you'd circle back with me, get granular, keep me in the pipeline. But nada, nothing. Don't you remember the McKittrick presentation. You spilled coffee on me and I still looked amazing during the breakout talk back, Q and A. So I think it's time for me to move on. I've got a great resume and I absolutely crush it in interviews. Okay, let's make this a clean break shift the paradigm. The only thing I ask is that you think outside the box here and do this take me to good Will where I can really make a difference.
Speaker 14: Your donations to Goodwill create new jobs, training programs, and education assistance for people in your community. To find your nearest donation center, go to Goodwill dot org. Donate stuff, Create Jobs. A message from Goodwill and the ad Council.
Speaker 1: Your forecast as follows kind of wild and wooly today in different spaces. This morning there was a tornado watch, a low possibility of tornadoes could spring up from the storms that are running through. By about ten or eleven o'clock we're in the clear for a while in the major Cincinnati area. And then about four or five o'clock again this afternoon the storms fire up. Showers, thunderstorms, heavy wind, hail possible, and maybe even some flow. Hi today around seventy one cloud's early tomorrow, clearing late in the day. Cooler on Sunday fifty six and partly cloudy and fifty eight on Monday.
Speaker 23: At U Line, they know going the extra mile takes hard work for companies pushing to go further.
Speaker 1: U Line will go the diss twenty eighth year. So you're going to get really sick of hearing about this, but I have to do it quite often, so I don't miss anybody who was planning to attend the anniversary party today. I gotta tell Mo Moe was going to be there. We're not going to be at Huddles the usual location. It is closed for reasons I cannot disclose, but it is closed. We've moved to Sittin Bowl Cafe in Southgate, Kentucky, about a mile from where Huddles is, right off the INTERSTATEY right off four seventy one. There twenty four to oh one. Alexandria Pike sits on the corner, and I hope you can join us because we will have a good time. Rick concluded already, Rick, good morning, How are you receiving us and what are you receiving us on if at all? And what's going on?
Speaker 23: Well, good morning, Gary, Jeff, Hey, since it's a special triple anniversary weekend being anniversary or show Marie and my thirty first anniversary.
Speaker 1: Happy anniversary thirty one years.
Speaker 23: Yeah, can you believe she's put up with me at well, she's she can't believe it herself.
Speaker 1: You know what, it's always a reciprocal thing and a successful marriage. He puts up with her her, she puts up with him, it happens, it's got to be that way.
Speaker 20: And also it's Christ's bartender versary.
Speaker 1: Yes, she began on Saint Patrick's Day exactly ten years ago. I had to be at work on the air for Willie or somebody and she had to fill in at the bar. Her first day was Saint Patti's Day, so you know, trial by fire.
Speaker 20: And you know what, I'll have it, you'll have a beer here.
Speaker 1: It's a quadruple anniversary day because it's also Chip Hart's thirtieth anniversary doing the big outdoors before this show, and he's going to be there.
Speaker 23: At the anniversary Chip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I missed that. And it's the two hundred and two hundred and seventy sixth anniversary of Caesar getting stabbed in the back for the two thousand, the two thousand, seventy sixth anniversary of Caesar getting stabbed in the back, the eydes of March, and.
Speaker 23: You decided to schedule your radio anniversary show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I arbitrarily picked this date a couple of months ago forgetting that it was the IDEs of March. See, kids, this is why his is important to learn, so you don't repeat it. But anyway, I hope you're not.
Speaker 23: Gonna assassinated by the senators today. Oh, that's not what you meant.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling like this is all kind of a group assassination for the weather and the other events that have made us stuff. But you know what, we're going to have a good time regardless.
Speaker 23: Oh we are absolutely And speaking of the weather, you are coming in five by two. Oh oh loud, but it ain't clear because the storm's right over us right now and it's unlistenable. But the radio is still awesome. This is a nineteen thirty eight Coronado. These guys were smart. They went with the name Coronado because the name of the company is a gamble scogmo.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the latest gamboscagmo radio? Gosh, that's a real piece of h gaglos mockgmo whatever.
Speaker 23: It was actually a U auto part store chain that started in the twenties and and I think it fizzled out in the in the early eighties. But regional of course. But yeah, when they when they had their their home their house brand of radio, they decided to use Cornado instead. Unlike the Grigsby grew Now folks who didn't get the memo that it doesn't roll off the tongue. You might want to go with something else. Hey, this is a seven to tube AM shortwave radio.
Speaker 1: It's got this.
Speaker 23: It's a tabletop wooden cabinet. It's sort of a tombstone, but the speakers on top and that part of the cabinet slants backward, which gives an interesting look. The dial is oval and quite large, and it has too little well, the tune dial is the majority of the job. There are two little round dials on the bottom left and bottom right that show where your volume and toner adjusted to. So cute little gimmick. And it also has an RS stage and two I S stages, so instead of one signal amplifier, it has three of them, making this thing one hot d xer and a pretty darn good looking multicolored dial radio two.
Speaker 1: Very nice, very nice. Well, I appreciate your bringing the receivers like you always do, and I'm sorry about the weather and the five x two thing. I guess that's the only advantage we have with streaming or with digital broadcasts. We're not nearly as affected by weather conditions with the terrestrial signals that are all subject to that. You know, whatever, the weather's like.
Speaker 23: Indeed, but at the same time, trying to listen to Wow often tells me what the weather's like between you and me, regardless of what the weather report might be, no.
Speaker 1: Doubt about it. Take it, take a look outside and give me a call. Uh old exactly old radio Rick at gmail dot com the way to get in touch. And I'm assuming you will be there at the new location today.
Speaker 23: Yes, that's the plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, brother, be safe and uh dods dods the rain drops in the storms.
Speaker 10: Okay, hey you too. We'll see then, all right man.
Speaker 1: About twenty minutes after the hour, weather and sports just add They're small, they're magical, and they're angry you pointing here and freaking the dream boy Health versus leprecaw.
Speaker 24: The toy Nicky helps up on North Pole, the gold hiding Leprecauns of Ireland. Yeah, I got out gold to war for Pixie supremacy. Hell versus leprechac sometys with this shattered workshops, swudging ringboats and very violence goalore Tilda, Hell versus see Hello. Tell my mister frame is Saint Patrick's name CE seven hundred WLW dot com for showtimes.
Speaker 1: I heard rating for the majority of the area.
Speaker 15: We've also got a floodwatch in effect for most of the area and a wind advisory. Showers and storms will be possible this morning with a severe threat and then again this afternoon evening. Make sure you are staying weather aware and keeping up to date with WCPO From a severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW sport. It's a wide world of sports kind of weekend. The Players Championship College Basketball Baseball Liam Tomlinson tells all.
Speaker 8: As C Cincinnati is on the road in the other Queen City to face Charlotte tonight. Kickoffs is at seven thirty. Pregame coverage begins at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty. The Orange and Blue were knocked out at Conker CAF champions Cup play in the round of sixteen on Tuesday night. I said, there's no local teams left in the disrespect I have for the Miami RedHawks men's team, who's twenty five and eight on the year, and they play in the MAC Championship tonight against Achron. That game tips off at seven point thirty. The Big Ten semi finals are set. Wisconsin and Michigan State face off in the first game, and Michigan and Maryland face off in the second game. Brian and Maine faceoff. In the American East Championship. Creighton defeated Yukon seventy one to sixty two, and Rick patinos Saint John's team rolled to a seventy nine sixty three victory over Marquette. So Saint John's and Creighton faceoff and the Big East Championship tonight at six thirty. Is Rick Patino the greatest college coach of all time?
Speaker 25: UH?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Kentucky was routed by Alabama ninety nine to seventy in the SEC Tournament quarterfinals. Last night, Auburn squares off in games Tennessee and Alabama faces Florida. Duke top North Carolina seventy four to seventy one in the ACC semi finals. Louisville top Clemson seventy six seventy three. Louisville and Duke face off in the ACC Championship tonight at eight thirty. That North Carolina loss came down to that lane violation by Withers Unreal, ending to that game. The players is going on right now? Oh min Wu Lee is in the lead at eleven under easy for you to say, Yeah, Ashley ashk Fahita is also.
Speaker 1: Vatia, Yeah, Vadia is that eleven under Pattilla I believe is the way it's pronounced.
Speaker 8: Jj Spawn is the third at ten under.
Speaker 1: I heard he went to Olin Tangy Orange.
Speaker 8: Rory McElroy nine under Colin Morricalwa also nine undertied for four. Okay, Tiger Woods had a minor Achille surgery as well.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, I heard about that.
Speaker 8: Breads fell to the Diamondbacks two to one and the White Sox seventy three split squad scrimmages oz for two yesterday.
Speaker 1: Reds are back in action this afternoon against the Royals.
Speaker 8: First pitch except for four h five right here on the Home of the Red seven hundred Wlwright more.
Speaker 1: Golf names that Liam can't say still to come on the show. Our long planned anniversary party, the twenty eighth anniversary of the Saturday Morning Edition party, which was scheduled for Huddle's Cafe, is now going to occur at twenty four to oh one Alexandria Pike in Southgate, a place known as the Sittin Bull Cafe, and oddly enough at either location we don't serve food, but chip Hart is bringing sandwiches today, So uh, I just I'm gonna routinely do this through the course of the morning because I don't want to. I mean, Huddles has been our solid state location and because of a death in the Huddles family which I can't go into, the bars are going to be closed. That includes the brass Ass and the Brass Bull as well. This is a pretty pretty somber day, but we are going to celebrate nonetheless. Sit in buwl Cafe in Southgate twenty four to oh one. Alexandria Pike will be there a little after eleven and we'll see you there. Planning a group picture for one thirty this afternoon with the likes of Moegger, the gang from Ripley, and still more of those people to talk to as we continue this morning, six twenty seven at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 25: Here's what's trending now the Iheartsports Network presented by DraftKings Sportsbook.
Speaker 26: The Cavstaptain Grizzly is setting a new franchise record with their sixteenth straight win. Xavier dayton Net Ohio State find out their marks madness vague when the tournament bracket revealed on Sunday Night. Reds catcher Tyler Stevenson will start the season on the ten day IL with an oblique Strain Blue Jackets based off of the Rangers Tonight Bengels, ever, poorly made progress on extensions with Whiteouse, Jamar Chase and t Higgin Time Trey Edward.
Speaker 27: Check out what DraftKings has to offer this season with Code Sports. Because life's more fun when you're in on the action DraftKings that crown is yours. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler age in eligibility restrictions apply. Wood were prohibited. See DraftKings dot com for details.
Speaker 1: Insulate your home with USA Insallation called three eight one, three six two six or three eight one foam on the web USA Insallation dot net.
Speaker 12: It's hot, it's hot, It's hot, but not with ACR gunny Poles and spas. Call today swim this year Acrgunnite Poles dot com.
Speaker 19: This is Michael David from Seattle. I'm fifty one years old and six months ago I started taking Andrew four hundred to increase my testostrone sentry.
Speaker 1: In a floodwatch that will be throughout the day as well.
Speaker 15: Severe weather comes in two rounds, first this morning, second and more likely and widespread will be this afternoon into the evening hours. From a severe weather station, I'm nine first warning drologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 22: All right now, I've got some rain coming into the area. It is sixty four degrees at six thirty six. I'm Sandy Collins. We'll have another update. That's seven on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred W l W.
Speaker 1: I'm toasting you said, honey, we may me through.
Speaker 12: You'll never care me compact.
Speaker 8: Places where the whiskey round landing there, James, I'm blues or what ah?
Speaker 1: Yes, Brookies, take me away. We travel east out of Cincinnati down fifty two through Claremont to how now Brown County and the lovely village of Ripley, Ohio and the banks of the Mighty Ohio River, to a place on Main Street called Brookies, where they have gathered again on an earl least Saturday morning, just to talk to little old me. Good morning, gang, good morning. I love I love the fact you brought your hooters, Sherry, I did did you did you bring did you bring both hooters? Yes, they're both here.
Speaker 19: Yeah, all three of us are here.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My beaver's here too.
Speaker 17: He's all dressed up.
Speaker 9: He's excited.
Speaker 11: Now are you are you?
Speaker 1: Are you bringing the beaver to the party.
Speaker 19: I am the beaver in the weather or the broadcasts are coming, the.
Speaker 1: Rockheads are coming to this iss great a performances. But you know it's not at Huddles now. It's going to be at the Sitting Bull Cafe, new location. We heard that, Yes, so I can't stress that enough people, people, crowd.
Speaker 20: We've got more than a crowd in here the morning.
Speaker 1: What do you got?
Speaker 11: Yeah, we got we got Joyce, Matt and Waxy.
Speaker 20: Besides you share it myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 10: Joyce.
Speaker 1: Where's where's Joyce from?
Speaker 28: Hello?
Speaker 20: I'm a local here from.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're a local for mere play, you're a friend of mine. That's all I know. Joyce. Welcome to the show. Amen. Joyce loves the party and it's it's a good thing. Lexi is there, Joyce, because if she wasn't Matt gets a little handsy sometimes, so watch out for him.
Speaker 4: That's okay, man, I travel.
Speaker 1: Together, hands are full of captain. That's great, pre planning, pre loading, all right, anything going on there we should know about, Doug.
Speaker 19: Yep.
Speaker 4: Wednesday night, Queena Hart's it's going to be well over one hundred and sixty thousand dollars. Buy your tickets ahead of time.
Speaker 1: There, get ready.
Speaker 4: The cook's out of jail. And there is food here too.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's wonderful, a prerequisite to have here.
Speaker 11: You were out, well, yeah, I was out doing my oil bear and duties this week, and I've got a long time listen your show.
Speaker 4: Mark Miller from Georgetown, Ohio.
Speaker 1: Well, hello, Mark Miller. There you go, all right, brother, listen, take care and we will see you later on today.
Speaker 4: We'll see you about it.
Speaker 1: Steve Frometta, Bye, Steve from Metta. With their way through this morning, and that is the table of the tape. This morning, we will have one round of some pretty good thunderstorms and there is a tornado watch in effect too. Doesn't mean we're gonna have tornadoes. We've had tornadoes seven okay, never mind? Is that just firing itself? Leam okay. Anyway, as far as the weather goes, we'll have the round of storms this morning. Then we have a little window probably from say eleven to about three or four this afternoon where things clear out, and then even heavier stuff tonight. So just keep a weather eye out. It's a first alert day or whatever they say. Seventy one for a high today, only fifty six tomorrow after the storms in the front clears, and then fifty eight on Monday. Coming up. It's sixty six right now.
Speaker 7: Seven hundred WLW Sport And that's where that sounder goes.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 29: Man?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think there's a ghost somewhere. Garian Jeff Kentucky was routed by Alabama ninety nine to seventy in the SEC Tournament quarterfinals. Last night, Auburn squares off against Tennessee and Alabama faces Florida in the SEC semifinals. Saint John's rolled to a seventy nine sixty three victory over Marquette. They'll face Creighton in the Big East Championship tonight at six thirty Miami, Ohio and Acron battle it out in the MAC Championship tonight at seven thirty f C Cincinnati. Is on the road in Charlotte. Kickoff is that seven thirty pre game coverage. It begins at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty. The Reds lost to the Diamondbacks and White Sox yesterday and split squad scrimmages. The Reds are back in action this afternoon against the Royals. First pitch is set for four oh five right here on the Home of the Reds, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This is nol for stuff. They don't want you to know. If you could lose ten point four pounds in a single month, would you try well with future health? You can that Huddles was going to be closed, and now I just get a text that we're going to be open. Thank god, it's six forty five and nobody's really changed their plans. This is getting ridiculous. Anyway, let's get on with the show. Uh, Steve, good morning, how are you? My friend?
Speaker 29: Good morning, Gary, jeff. I We be getting class search up. A feast of Saint Patrick this coming Monday, which this year immediately follows Marty Gras, which means that a lot of folks will have been drunk for at least two weeks come next Tuesday morning. This is somewhat ironic since drunks are usually not very coherent, but kissing the Blarney Stone allegedly bestows the gift of gab and skillet flattery on the recipient. The Blarney Stone is actually located at Blarney Castle in Ireland, where the proprietors claim that millions of people, including quote World Statesman, literary giants, and legends of the Silver Screen have partaken of that ritual, the most famous of which might be possibly Barack Whussein Obama no apostrophe please? On his trip to the Old Sod in twenty eleven, he was invited to an Irish celebration in Dublin and wowed the crowd with a sense of humor or was it just plain barning? He began, and this is a quote. I've come home to find the apostrophe that we lost somewhere along the way. Whoops and cheers greeted him as he continued. I knew I had some routes across the Atlantic, but until recently I could not unequivocally claim that I was one of those Irish Americans. All rather interesting considering the recent progressive outrage over cultural expropriation exemplified by one of their own, Liz Pocahontas Warren, the alleged Cherokee from the Massachusetts Indian Reservation. But back to Barry, it's entirely possible Barry Obama's white relatives on his mother's side really are Irish Americans. But it's interesting that in his three autobiographies, especially The First Dreams of My Father, a Story of race and Inheritance, he clearly favors Barack Obama Sr. Over his white grandparents, who actually raised him from the age of ten. His father wound up deserting the family.
Speaker 19: And moving back to Africa.
Speaker 29: Barry's mother wasn't around very much, but Madeleine and Stan Dunham were very much a part of his upbringing. Barry appreciated that, but he did not appreciate the fact that his grandmother admitted she felt uncomfortable around black ben That might have been due to a letter that Barack's black grandfather wrote to the Dunhams. When the Dunham's daughter Anne married Barack's father, he wrote that he did not want and this is a quote the Obama blood sullied by a white woman.
Speaker 19: Ouch.
Speaker 29: The marriage lasted a couple of years, and when Barack Senior went back to Africa, he managed, while drunk driving, to kill a fellow African. But he's still a hero in his son's eyes. Grandma Madeline Dunham, who died two days before her grandson was elected president in two eight, was a highly successful banking executive in her native Kansas and later in Hawaii. When she and husband Stan provided that home and education for Barry, Stan managed a furniture store. So I find all this intriguing that young Barack Obama found much more to like in his runaway father than in his grandparents. Could it be that to be elected president required promoting his black background over that of a pair of white colonialists. It worked, and he became our first dei president. I'll say this, this man does have the gift of blarney, but I have to be fair. It's widely believed that nineteen sixties weatherman underground radical Bill Ayres, who once killed a cop, actually wrote at least one of those Obama books, But that is not unusual at all for politicians. Another president who famously visited Ireland, John Fitzgerald Kennedy, is the author of the Polserprize winning nineteen fifty six biography Profiles in Courage, but it was actually written by Kennedy staffer Ted Sorenson. Barack Obama himself disclosed that wife Michelle's twenty eighteen book was ghostwritten. Hillary Clinton's It Takes a Village was actually written by Barbara Todd. A ghost write named Lyric Winnick. Yes, his name is Lyric, wrote Laura Bush's autobiography Spoken from the Heart. So how much money can you make doing this?
Speaker 20: Well?
Speaker 29: The Shakespeare among them?
Speaker 9: J R.
Speaker 29: Maringer, Yes, the word Ringer is in his last name, got one million dollars for doing the Prince Harry book. He also did autobiographies for tennis star Andre Agassi and Nike sportswear mogul Phil Knight.
Speaker 19: I got a question.
Speaker 29: Is California Governor Gavin Newsom next? I'm thinking he too visited the Blarney Stone before telling Charlie Kirk that he now opposes having biological males on women's sports teams. Could be a move to the center for a far out Golden State boy who wants to reload Okay to Washington.
Speaker 10: D C.
Speaker 29: Hey, Gavin, here's another presidential move. Announce that you are firing five thousand public employees. Then, so your far left bands don't get mad. Make it a bunch of state prisoners who can now get back on the streets where they can make some real money. Might be a ghostwriter or two among those guys. Hey, listen, I shouldn't laugh at the travails that you're going through with regard to where the party is.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the thing, Steve. Now it's back at its original location, huddles. I've been telling people that it was somewhere else for the last hour, and I just found out that we are going to be open today and tomorrow. I guess the morning closing will begin. Bud.
Speaker 4: Oh that's great.
Speaker 19: Listen, I will be there in spirit.
Speaker 23: God bless all of you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, my friend Ray and Loveland Race, Scott, how are you doing? This morning's been crazy already.
Speaker 11: Hey, my brother, good morning, Good morning, and happy anniversary, Gary, Jeff Walker.
Speaker 20: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 11: There is no Baseball Hall of Fame without Pete Rose. And it's not Saturday morning without those that voice of years lasting out on the w l W for me and for many many many, So congratulations and I'm so so happy you're almost it's almost a thirty, right, you're getting close to thirty here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know who is celebrating his thirtieth anniversary at Huddles today is Chip Hart. The Big Outdoors has been on seven hundred w l W now for thirty years.
Speaker 20: That guy's a treat.
Speaker 11: He squeezes more into that time slot than it's humanly possible, in my opinion. And he's a nice you know, he's kind of like you're Jerry Lee Lewis, you know, he kind of warms us up a little bit, you know, before Chuck Berry takes page.
Speaker 1: My favorite Big Outdoors show of all time Ray was not too long ago. He had a guy who was an expert at cooking possum and other game, meet raccoons and had some really really interesting ideas for roadkill recipes. And I just loved that. In fact, I want to get that guy in one of my shows.
Speaker 20: But no, I remember that.
Speaker 11: If I had lived in some of the hollers down in Tennessee, where I hail from long ago, I would.
Speaker 20: Have thought that was a joke.
Speaker 19: But that's really true.
Speaker 20: That's stuff you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, all you need is Ellie May and some of those cement biscuits that she makes to go along with him.
Speaker 11: Ellie May would always be welcome, right. I'm in round by the way. I got a little treat for you, so I'll be anniversary of my brother.
Speaker 4: God bless you.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ray same to you appreciate it. So yeah, we're back at the original location at Huddles. Now this is all turned around in the last hour. We are back at Huddles for the anniversary party. And would we just call it one to four? All right? Oh man, I just want to go home and go to bed.
Speaker 30: In this edition of The Marketers Report, Corey Marcisoto, chief marketing officer of Elf Beauty, founding partner of Iheartwomen's Sports, talks about finding the right partners for your brand.
Speaker 17: I see Browns as antennas, and every antenna sends out a frequency. We call it the ELF signal. So we send out the Elf signal, and what comes back is people who want to be a part of this story. Once you know firmly who you are, you've codified it and you can put that out into the universe. What happens from there is it begins.
Speaker 8: To attract kindred spirits.
Speaker 17: Why are we partnered with Billy Jean King because she champions a quality. Why are we partnering with iHeart because we want to advance women in sports.
Speaker 30: Women's sports just got louder thanks to ELF and iHeartMedia. As the number one audio company, iHeartMedia can get more people to hear your message than anyone else. We can also get a better response rate for all your marketing. For better results for every budget, visit iheartadvertising dot com.
Speaker 15: I'm busy weather day around the Tri STATEA tornado watch is an effect until ten am for the majority of the area. We've also got a floodwatch in effect for most of the area and a wind advisory. Showers and storms will be possible this morning with a severe threat and then again this afternoon evening. Make sure you are staying weather aware and keeping up to date with WCPO from a severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW this morning at.
Speaker 5: Nine Mike Allen takes a stand and then eventually a seat once his legs get tired.
Speaker 1: On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 23: I'm a fire fighter, a teacher, I'm a.
Speaker 1: Barber, a waitress, a mom, We're all part of your community.
Speaker 8: Every day we move in and out of each other's busy lives.
Speaker 17: It's easy to take for granted all the little moments that make up our every day.
Speaker 1: Some are good, others not so much, but that's life. It's when you experience a moment of uncertainty.
Speaker 21: Something or someone's behavior that doesn't seem quite right.
Speaker 1: These are the moments to take a poise.
Speaker 8: Because if something doesn't feel right, it's probably nuts.
Speaker 1: It's not about paranoia or being afraid.
Speaker 17: It's about standing up and protecting our communities.
Speaker 13: One detail at a time, because a lot of little details can become a pattern.
Speaker 1: We we we we trust our instincts, just.
Speaker 5: Like you should, because only you know what's not supposed to be in your every day.
Speaker 1: So protect your every day.
Speaker 31: If you see something suspicious, say something to local authorities.
Speaker 25: By uds New for got your Cross pizza, you get a free Fountain drink made for you.
Speaker 8: My name is Kyle Tequila, host of the Shocking New True Busy Weather Day.
Speaker 15: Around the Tri statea tornado watch is in effect until ten am for the majority of the area. We've also got a floodwatch and effect for most of the area. And a wind advisory. Showers and storms will be possible this morning with a severe threat, and then again this afternoon evening. Make sure you are staying weather aware and keeping up to date with WCPO.
Speaker 1: From a severe weather station.
Speaker 15: I'm nine first Morning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 22: Rain In sixty four right now in Cincinnati. I'm Sandy Collins. Our next update at seven thirty on news Radio seven hundred WLWL.
Speaker 7: News twenty four hours a day. News Radio seven hundred WLW in to.
Speaker 1: Another hour of the Saturday Morning edition for this Saturday, March fifteenth, twenty twenty five. The IDEs of March and the date of the twenty eighth anniversary party for the Saturday Morning Edition at Huddles Cafe. Once again this year there a newport. Yes, it's gonna be there. How about we talked to our environmental engineer Steve Shulty for just a moment. I see tree seventh green red roses too, I see them blue, and I think to myself, what a wonder what a wonderful world. Indeed, Steve Shulty, good morning, my friend, how are you?
Speaker 10: Good morning, Gary?
Speaker 4: Jeff has always better night is earned and a lot of praying for today's.
Speaker 1: Oh, no doubt about it. We'll be talking to your son who has been Is he the president of the Hibernian Society. What's what's his actual position, What's what's his actual title?
Speaker 20: This is his eleventh year as chairman of the parade.
Speaker 1: Charity, chairman of the parade committee.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, he's also wanted the directors of the State Hibernians, and.
Speaker 20: He was a past president of the local.
Speaker 4: Hibernians, but pretty much state it's the parade committee right now.
Speaker 1: So it's possible then to get termed out as president of the Hibernians. Yeah, okay, all right, but ay, yeah, we'll be talking to Christialty next hour, about eight twenty or so about today's Saint Patrick's Day Parade going on rain or shine in downtown Cincinnati. That's what they always say, and they are true of their word.
Speaker 4: So uh this week, first of all, do one again. This comes from the Heartland Institute heartland dot org their Climate Change Weekly number five thirty seven that just came out just yesterday, what they call.
Speaker 19: Video of the week.
Speaker 4: Why are experts rethinking the tipping point of one point five degree sea warming. So, Gary Jeff, you probably burd you know, if we've been told this for quite a bit a number of years now, that if we exceed one point five degrees celsius over pre industrial levels that's two point seven degrees fahrenheit for those in uh in real Linda, Uh, that we're going to have all kinds of problems. You know, we're just you know, you know, catastrophe, catastrophic weather and all kinds of stuff. But but where did this quote unquote tipping point come from?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 4: In this video, Leah Lucan from the Partland Institute breaks it down the origins and exposed a shaky scientific foundation. And you would think, Gary Jeff, that the un would spend millions upon millions upon millions of dollars in order to figure this kind of you know, this thing out, because everything's ending on it. The idea wasn't the result of bigorous climate research. It was a political decision largely shaped by a German advisory board in the nineteen nineties. This board of eleven people, only one a meteorologists. They kind of did a thought experiment and they basically asked themselves, well, what do we need to do to preserve the present climate in its present form, and that's what the UN had adopted several years later.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't it wasn't SCIENTI it wasn't scientific at all.
Speaker 4: It wasn't scientific at all. And of course we all know from historical data that the Earth has warmed and cold and ice ages have come and gone and whatnot for billions and billions of years. So there has never been static climate.
Speaker 10: For the Earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing has ever and nothing has ever stayed the same.
Speaker 4: Right in some regions of the Earth, such as Europe, their temperature has already increased more than this. It actually Europe has gone above two point zero degree celsius or three point six degrees fahrenheit.
Speaker 20: That has already happened in Europe, and there's no catastrophees.
Speaker 4: Going on over there. In fact, life expectancy, economic growth, agricultural production have all improved in recent decades, you know. And so you got to ask yourself, well, why does the media keep on telling us this narrative? And it's all about revenue and ratings as far as I'm consumed, you know, fearmongering, uh creates lots of revenue and ratings.
Speaker 1: So why why do you think Steve, Why do you think the television station's news departments spends so much money and have so many meteorologists on staff to scare the bijeebers out of all of us and keep us watching. That's why. Anyway, continue, you got it? Continue? Do you have anything else that?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 1: I thought you were I didn't know you were done.
Speaker 4: Well, I got a real quickie. If you got we got time.
Speaker 1: I got time for a quickie. Always have time for a quickie.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is Watts up with that dot com? That's wattfs And I think you've had Anthony Watts in your program as I recall. Maybe he's the research with Heartland Institute at heartland dot org. He has his own site.
Speaker 20: Back in March third this year.
Speaker 4: Earlier this month headline new study shows that one than two hundred miles of Antarctic ice covered coastline has grown slightly over the past eighty five years.
Speaker 20: Of course, we've been told.
Speaker 4: Antarctica shrinking, but by using hundreds of old aerial photographs dating back to nineteen thirty seven, combined with computer technology researchers and the University of Copenhagen, they have tracked the evolution of glaciers in East Arctica and have determined that these glaciers have not neither retreat it or advanced or whatnot. The study reveals that they've remained stable but possibly growing slightly over the past eighty five years to do increasing snowfall.
Speaker 1: So no shrinker jan Antarctica. No shrink of Jean Antarctica, and the warmer temperatures are making us healthier and more prosperous. Thank you so much, Steve. As always, we'll hope to see you later and we'll talk to keepsake Kim. Next. So, my buddy and I were at the basketball game last Saturday. Why didn't you go to the hockey game?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: You hate hockey because you're an ice hater. Look, I'm just telling a joke. You're an ice hater.
Speaker 7: No, sometimes it feels like it's not safe to say anything, but not with Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 1: They want to hear what you have to say. We think it's important for everyone to be heard.
Speaker 27: Eddie and Rockey.
Speaker 1: Monday afternoon at three what seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 32: A message from dav to all returning veterans. Thank you, thank you for doing your duty, Thank you for doing our bidding Thank you for laying it all on the line. Thank you for stepping up and not backing down. Thank you for putting your future on hold to put our enemies on notice. Thank you for putting your buddies' lives ahead of your own. Thank you for putting yourself in harm's way. Thank you for defending our freedom, for displaying your honor, for being a hero, even though you don't want to be called one. For all this and more, DAV thanks you, and we're here to help you. Expert DAV Advisors will make sure you get the health, disability and financial benefits you are promised and earned. If you're a veteran, visit DAV dot org for free health and again, thank you.
Speaker 1: Jeff Wellernissan dot com. The wild weather this morning moving through a tornado watch actually in effect, and rain and thunderstorms in a period, the big one And on those lines, she could have the hotline if she wants. My friend keep saying, kim Rice, how you doing, Kimmy, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning Gary, Jeff at the anniversary Yeah, thanks.
Speaker 1: It's uh, it's great to have you. Uh have you back this week?
Speaker 33: And I just uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're back in huddles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, we're back in huddles today.
Speaker 19: Harry to hear about the best in the family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, yeah, we'll just like I said, I went with the family. Will release that. I'm not even gonna get into that, yes, but anyway.
Speaker 19: Mister Bruce and I will be there with camer in hand.
Speaker 1: Keep saying. Kim and her husband Bruce, when I was doing Thanksgiving at the bar where my they were the cut masters. They with Kevin and dice and slice our turkey in a professional way so everybody could have a good meal. And Kim, of course is with the Keepsake Photography and she is our official, our official, unofficial Saturday Morning Edition photographer. And we look forward to seeing you. Yes, all right, all right, take care, all right, thank you so much. Time now for the Tom Davis Diaries. I like to refer to them as the diary just weird little stories from around the world, around the country. Here they go.
Speaker 31: Good morning, Gary, Jeff. This week a new Hampshire Wiener warning. But first it's a new record. Gary Dishell of Virginia Beach has set a Guinness World Record for the long longest chewing gum rapper chain. He started in nineteen sixty five and now has three million rigly rappers rapped together. We're talking a legit, twenty three miles of gum rappers twisted together. He says they simply started as a kid and he's never been able to stop. Also, in Virginia, a scary story about a gorilla escaping the Virginia Zoo was posted on social media. It starts on social media and then people start posting and sharing that they are also seeing the gorilla running around town. Just one problem, the zoo never had a gorilla. It was just some good old fashioned fake news fun. Cops arrested six people after they tried to steal a mummy. The mummy is not Egyptian but has some sort of Christian origins. Police caught them red handed, with the mummy being found at the home of one of the co conspirators in a cardboard box in his garage. And finally, he stripped naked before running across the New Hampshire Highway. The aptly named and you can't make it up Sean Wiener arrested for indecent exposure, ludnus, reckless and disorderly conduct. And the best part, he's actually Sean Wiener senior. Yes, there's a junior Wiener somewhere just hanging around. Cops also charged Wiener with littering because of the clothes he left in the middle of the highway. Next week, flight redirected in midair after toilets start overflowing.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend. Is there a special time you like to listen to Scot Sloane?
Speaker 5: I love to listen to Sloaney in the morning, at home, in the car, going to work, when I'm at work, his podcast, after work, and when I'm at the dentist.
Speaker 1: Wow, do you go to the dentist a lot?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I got some lousy teeth.
Speaker 34: I've got a bad back.
Speaker 1: So I listened to Sloaney when I get a massage. I'm gonna do that next time I get one. I hate that creepy massage music. Slooney is like ten times better than massage music.
Speaker 5: Scott Sloane Monday morning at nine on seven hundred WLW and check out his podcast on the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 25: Price Date show Buyers Together, Let's drive at Mike castercy Chevrolet in Milford right now by a brand new twenty twenty five Chevy tracks for an incredible unbeatable, low low price only twenty thousand, nine ninety five or a brand new twenty twenty five Chevy Malibu just twenty two to nine ninety five. Check us out at Mike Castercychevrolet dot Com or visit us today the place that's Mike Caster c Chevrolet in Milford, Trice Date Ford Buyers, it's the last call on new twenty twenty four Fords at Mi castercy Ford in Milford and Mike castercy Ford Lincoln of Alexandria. Get ten thousand off the sticker price of remaining twenty twenty four full sized Bronco Badlands or twenty thousand dollars off the sticker price of a twenty twenty four Ford Bronco Raptor check us out online or visit us today. Sales open every Sunday for your convenience. That's Mike castersy Ford.
Speaker 12: They're great American Here Rhino Shield I've been telling you about them for many years.
Speaker 22: Grid WL double borneo watching effect for southeast Indiana and northern Kentucky right now until ten this morning. Showers and storms today in the tri State with the high in the seventies.
Speaker 1: All right now.
Speaker 22: Radar shows a line of heavy showers from Lima all the way down south into Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Then there's a lull, and then another.
Speaker 22: Line of showers from northern Indiana now through Muncie and down into Southeast Indiana. Temperature in Cincinnati sixty four degrees at eight oh eight. I'm Sandy Collins. Next update at eight thirty News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: News twenty four hours a day. He was a Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Into yet another hour of the Saturday morning edition. For this Saturday, March fifteenth, twenty twenty five, I'm Jerry Jeff Walker, you or you and that is perfectly fine with me. Seriously, be you self, enjoy yourself. Twenty eighth anniversary power party today at in Newport about one to four. I mean, you can come a little early. You might want to stay a little late. That's up to you. But it's time now for a science Minute, which is a staple of the program, and science Mike is standing by to staple you with scientific facts on the radio.
Speaker 21: Yes as a night of scientists.
Speaker 16: Surprising of Bell blinded me.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Michael, how are you?
Speaker 10: I'm a staple just like your oats in the morning. Huh.
Speaker 1: That's right, just just like any kind of a problem that we consume on a regular basis.
Speaker 10: All right, how you doing topic anniversaries all the way.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I'm real good. Yeah, that's now now that I know, Now that I know, now that I know for sure where the party is going to happen, I want to be unclear on it this morning. But yeah, we're we're good.
Speaker 28: We're maybe you're just like going to hold it, hold it at the sitting bowl and like not tell it, not to only tell me.
Speaker 10: And then I go there and nobody's there, and I figure you guys were ditching me or something.
Speaker 19: Whatever.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, what do you got for it? This morning?
Speaker 20: We got the U.
Speaker 28: So I want to talk about this for a couple of weeks. Aspiring aspering is known for years that the low dose ASPRON has reduced a spread of certain types of cancer like breast and bow and and prostate cancer specifically mistaticized UH tumors. But uh, I never understood understood why, why, baby, why the sad one milligram low dose aspron did this function? But now they they found it accidentally. Actually they were looking at let's give you a little information here, like how this works. T cells in the body seek out the metastasized cancer cells that are UH cells I break off from them from the main main tumor cell.
Speaker 10: And there's a gene.
Speaker 28: That is produced in the body that produces a protein called I'll just give it to you a r H G E F one.
Speaker 10: And I won't get into anymore.
Speaker 28: And then we'll call it our that suppresses the T cell. Okay, So remember the T cell kills the cancer cell. Well that the this protein is activated when T cells are exposed to a clotting factor called from boxing.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 28: Now, now from boxing is a it's produced by by platelets and in the in the in the in the body, and platelets help help the body clott and and stop bleeding. Sure, well, what what does aspron do. Aspirin reduces the production of this t X the term boxing UH that is activating one that that helps suppress the T cell. So the aspirin allows this UH this protein to not be created and it so it will not inhibit the T cell production, which you need to obviously do its job to to help the body keep its immune system going and fight these break off cancer cell. So now we know how exactly the astrom works, which I think is you know, it's a simple thing sometimes, like we always talk about Gary Jeff, that the simple.
Speaker 10: Things are we overlook.
Speaker 28: This is not to say you should go out and start taking eighty one milligrams of ask.
Speaker 10: For you should always talk to your doctor.
Speaker 1: But well I have been a religious aspirin taker, not even eighty one milligrams. They got some three twenty fives on me this morning. Really, I just I think it's a miracle drug. If you're not allergic, you ought to take aspirin. I recommend it.
Speaker 10: Highly, Yes, sir, and I'll be seeing you around one o'clock.
Speaker 1: All right, brother good, okay, good looking out that Teresa is on the line. Will have a chance to perhaps talk to her in just a moment. And Brother Rick Green is waiting for a little bit of truth on a Saturday morning. Coming up in minutes.
Speaker 3: I'm Shanolahampton. Every day, millions of people face hunger. Today I will share with you some of their experiences. I'm stuck between paying for medications or paying for food.
Speaker 1: John for Maine.
Speaker 3: After paying my bills, I can buy groceries. It's sad to say food comes last. Alice from Oregon. I thought pantries were for less fortunate people, but anybody could be less fortunate in a day or even a second. Claire from Virginia. The Feeding America network of food banks helps provide over six billion meals to people in need each year. No one should have to worry where their next meal will come from. Together, we can end hunger. Learn more at Feeding America dot org.
Speaker 1: Rain and sixty three degrees in Kinwood. Right now, there are some heavier pockets of showers and we'll continue to be so for the next couple of hours around the Tri state area. We get a break in the afternoon, and then about four or five it kicks back in in earnest and there are some possibilities of severe weather thunderstorms, hail, heavy or high wind, and the ever slightest possible of a tornado somewhere in the area. But we'll just kind of keep an eye out and check that for you. Seventy one today, only fifty six tomorrow for a high partly cloudy, and fifty eight on Monday arches here and that could mean freezing tempts one day.
Speaker 33: Cat and kind shot.
Speaker 1: And let's go to Brother Rick Green from Spirit work Cincinnati from the Butt God podcast and my friend with the Word of God. We like to be positive wherever possible on this program, Brother Green, how does this morning find you? Brother? Good morning, Garrett.
Speaker 33: Just got down praying for you and your listeners. And I think I'm gonna see the homeless tomorrow and feel.
Speaker 10: Like going in the rain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, there you go, man, that's something that how many years have you done that? Will you bring the sandwiches to the homeless in Cincinnati?
Speaker 4: We started in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: Nine years. That's one heck of an anniversary to celebrate too.
Speaker 10: And I love every minute of it. And God can keep me on this assignment as long as he t pick.
Speaker 1: Well, it's what you feel like you were called to do and you're doing it. So God bless you, and God bless them through you because of all of that. So what have you got for us this morning? Rick?
Speaker 20: Today?
Speaker 33: We got Roman chapter three Versus twenty three and twenty four. It says for all had stand and false sort of the glory of God, and all are just justified freely by God's great through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus a man.
Speaker 1: You know, And that's it. As a Christian, as a Christian believer, and you and I both are we confess to be. We know that without Jesus, no matter, there's no way we can make up for our sin. There's no way. And every single one of us human beings has that frailty, that fault, that weakness, and the only way to get right with God is through Jesus Christ.
Speaker 10: We know that, and that precious mighty and holy name.
Speaker 1: That's it. There's no the way, Yeah, that he will cleanse us, regardless of how dirty we are, if we ask and we believe a man man, it's always good. Any more feedback from the movie.
Speaker 33: Now, we're still trying to get it strained and all that, And let me know what you think when you view it. Did you get to a copy?
Speaker 1: I have not yet.
Speaker 20: My emailed.
Speaker 10: I'll let you'll get me the wrong email check your email.
Speaker 1: All right, I will, I will. Indeed. Hopefully it didn't wind up somewhere that I can't see it, but yeah, I definitely will. I want to see the film because I'm just so gripped by your life story and the things you've told me already and how you came to be the person you are now it's incredible. I know it's a god thing.
Speaker 19: I know.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I have a fantastic day. Brother.
Speaker 10: Okay, you all have a bluff day.
Speaker 1: Dot dodge the rain drops. We'll see you later eight nineteen.
Speaker 5: This morning, at nine, Mike Allen goes full thor and wields his mighty Devil of Justice on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: Are ready.
Speaker 15: A busy weather day around the Tri STATEA tornado watch is an effect until ten am for the majority of the area. We've also got a floodwatch and effect from most of the area and a wind advisory. Showers and storms will be possible this morning with a severe threat and then again this afternoon evening. Make sure you are staying weather aware and keeping up to date with WCPO. From a severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 1: As we continue on this Saturday morning, eight twenty two, it is and on our phone line is Chris Shalty. If the last name sounds familiar, well you're right. His dad, Steve, has been a part of this show almost since the very beginning. And now Chris, who is a chairperson of the Saint Patrick's Day Parade, which steps off in downtown Cincinnati on the IDEs of March. A little later this morning, is on the line with us to tell us about the parade and what we can expect this year outside of the weather. Good morning, Chris, How are you?
Speaker 20: Good morning, Gary?
Speaker 10: Fantastic?
Speaker 1: Yep, So rain or shine, this always happens. I mean, what, what what kind of weather we have last year for this parade? Chris? I can't remember.
Speaker 4: So last year it was actually fairly sunny, just chilly, it was. It was the height of high was forty three. But really when the paride stepped off, we were we were kind of in a high thirties.
Speaker 20: It didn't feel bad begin to begin, because.
Speaker 4: The sun was out and and you know, we're blessed down on the along the banks. You know, there's not a lot of trees, so you get you get sun beating right on you, so does it kind of it didn't feel too bad all we I would say, I would take that normally over the majority of the other weather incidents we've had over the years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're no stranger to having rain sometimes and all kinds of snow. Probably a few years. Yeah, now what times.
Speaker 4: Just two years ago, we were our parade went on and was in the teams, you know, and I know you know that a lot of people, you know, a lot of people you know, for safety reasons, didn't come out when it's that cold. But there was still quite a big presence that Cincinnati. Whether they're Irish or not, they still showed up even.
Speaker 20: When it was cold.
Speaker 1: Warm today, But we've got the weather possibilities. What time does the parade began, Chris? What time do you step off and where from?
Speaker 4: So we we step off at noon at least that is the planned time. Look, you know, safety is still important to us, so we're we're thankful that we've got some flexibility with.
Speaker 20: That start time.
Speaker 4: The planet to start at noon starts at Marrying and Central, so right there at the southwest corner of Paul Brown Stadium and then proceeds all the way along Marrying again. If the weather should be an issue, and we've we've got some condigency plans to be in communication with CPD and CFD, you know, we can.
Speaker 20: Delay the parade a little bit.
Speaker 4: Our paray takes about an hour and a half hour and forty five minutes, but we actually have a four hour window with the city to get our event done, so we can be flexible should should the weather forces to push off. But I'm optimistic, and it looks like the forecast is going to break for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looks looks like you're going to get that break that window between like ten thirty eleven o'clock in about three or four this afternoon. We wish, we wish a great weather, We wish safety for everyone who attends. And again, it's a Marringway and where does it begin?
Speaker 4: As it goes all the way along Marring Way, so all the way past Small Park and then cuts up north Joe Nuxall and then returns all the way down Freedom Way, so cutting through the.
Speaker 20: Heart of the banks.
Speaker 4: So you know, the ideal places usually are somewhere along Smelle Park or a long Freedom Way in front of any one of the numerous establishments there, or the parks and patios out there.
Speaker 1: Will you be throwing lepre cons to the children.
Speaker 20: Not leper cons.
Speaker 4: There could be green beaves in people's futures, that's for sure, okay. And this year we've we've got Hall of Famer Anthony Munos is our honorary Graham Marshall.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful. Well listen, thank you so much, Chris, and you do a fantastic job. And like I said, stay dry and everything, You'll be good.
Speaker 4: Thanks Garry, Jeff, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You bet eight twenty six Wally and Mo still to come.
Speaker 34: Sarah Spain for iHeart Women's Sports present in by the All Noon, twenty twenty five, and he's on Armada. On this fifteenth day of Women's History Month, we're shouting out some of the greatest female athletes who wore number fish, like Oustie Hooper Lawrence Jackson, who played in five Olympics with the Australian team, winning three silver medals and two bronx. She also won two WNBA Championships and three WNBA MVPs with.
Speaker 1: The Seattle Storm. Her number fifteen retired by the team in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 34: For more women's sports stories, subscribed A Good Game with Sarah Spain on iHeart.
Speaker 1: Podcasts The twenty twenty five All News.
Speaker 22: With hail and thunder possible Today, I have a seventy two tonight to lone your fifty four. With more morning showers tomorrow and a high of fifty six degrees, we have a tornado watch until ten o'clock this morning for southeast Indiana and northern Kentucky, and right now in Cincinnati it is rating and sixty three degrees. At eight thirty five, I Sayandy Collins, our next update at nine o'clock on news radio seven hundred wlwis.
Speaker 7: News twenty four hours a day. He was a radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Good Morning kids, shameful gives from Waldy if Liam ever turns on my microphone. Uh, somehow this doesn't add up. There's a very incompetent counterfeitter and he first attempts to make one hundred dollars bills but fails miserably. Then he tries fifty dollars bills, fails again. In his frustration, he breaks the plates that he's using to make the counterfeit money, so all he's left with is a one and a five. So he decides to make fifteen dollar bills, which he is wonderful at perfect But who's he going to pass off a fifteen dollars bill to? So he goes he tries to find some small town roubes. He travels to a little podunk town in the middle of nowhere to a small mom and pop grocery store, sees the old man behind the counter said, hey, buddy, you got change for a fifteen dollars bill. The old man, without missing a beat, says, yeah, do you want an eight and a seven or two sixes in a three?
Speaker 35: Seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati and iHeartRadio Station. Make us the number one pre set on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio app. Listen for all your music, radio and podcasts. Free never sounded so good. News Radio seven hundred and WLW.
Speaker 6: Over the years you've brought them into your home. We were prescribed opioids after the C section, when dad injured us back, when your basketball star tore his acl Opioids helped with the pain, and you held onto them just in case.
Speaker 1: But did you know holding onto.
Speaker 6: Unused opioids puts your family at risk. Opioids are powerful pain reducing prescription medicines, but most people who are prescribed opioids don't finish their prescriptions, so millions of unused opioids are sitting at homes across the country, and tragically, more than one hundred Americans die every day from overdoses involving opioids.
Speaker 30: What can you do to.
Speaker 6: Protect your family? Remove the risk of unused opioids from your home, pills, patches or syrups and drawers, purses and cabinets anywhere they might be hiding. To find out how to dispose of them properly, visit www dot FDA dot gov slash Drug Disposal.
Speaker 1: Pleave advice about your relationship with your bank at General Electric Credit Union, we think you deserve better open the door. One of our Saturday Morning family for a number of years now, Moeger, and we are proud to call him part of our Saturday Morning edition family into its twenty eighth year now. And I've known Mo for those entire twenty eight years. He wasn't on the Saturday Morning program, accept at the very beginning when he was the producer of this program. And now he's here with us again for a second, we like to call I don't know how we came up with this name.
Speaker 19: Hey Mo, congratulations, Thank you twenty eight years man. That is awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is, you know, And and you've been around the entire time you were you were a kid, and you were producing Jim Scott Show and producing Mine on Saturday Morning and uh I'm proud to say that you were hardly ever late for my show.
Speaker 19: I was late, but hardly ever is a fair hardly ever? I I was Uh you know, I was late for Jim Scott show exactly twice. And after the second time, uh my guy made it known as that happened again, I might as well not even come in. You were a little bit more understanding. You were late once when I was producing.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And see, that's that's the whole that's the whole dynamic there that people don't think about if they get upset with someone for being tardy or late for a job, is that the next time the shoe will be on the other foot and you will be you will be eating humble pie. So I try, I try to be as as as easy going on that liamspin late, Yes he has. I see that the dog is on time this morning.
Speaker 19: A dog is on time barking at something outside.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh man, I miss I miss my cat dog. He didn't bark, but you know he did all the other things that dogs do. Uh So anyway, uh, I wanted to start with this. A good coach can be a good coach anywhere, regardless of regardless of the school, that they're at. And I'm talking about college mainly college basketball coaches, but college football coaches also. If if there is quality there, you've got to have great players or good players to achieve. Good are great things, no doubt about it, in sports. But they you know, these guys show up in different places at different times on their coaching career and they're still great. An example a right now is Rick Patino at Saint John's.
Speaker 19: I think he's the greatest coach in the history of college basketball. And I know there are going to be some people who don't like to hear that, but he's never gone anywhere at the collegiate level where he hasn't won. You know, this is a guy who took Providence to a Final Four in nineteen eighty seven. The success he had at Kentucky, and you know, you might go, well, yeah, it's Kentucky, but I you know, I think there are people who don't remember when he took over at Kentucky what had happened to that program because of NCAA probation. He had insane success at Louisville in multiple conferences. You know, he was he was the coach at Louisville when they were in Conference USA, when they were in the Big East, when they in the American Athletic Conference, and took Iona to the NCAA Tournament a couple of years ago. And he's got Saint John's as a bona fide Final four caliber team. But I think what's most interesting about Rick Patino specifically at Saint John's, you know, when you think of you know, certainly his years at Kentucky, he was the first coach to really embrace the three, or maybe not the first, but the first coach to embrace the three and have large scale success where they were pressing, trapping and shooting threes. Well, now in college basketball, everybody is shooting threes, and if you watch Saint John's, they're a little bit more of a throwback, right. They don't shoot the three nearly as well, They don't shoot the three nearly as much. They played really physical basketball. They played really hard nosed basketball, And to me, that's the sign of a great coach, somebody who can take his players and go, Okay, here's the system we're going to have around these players. I know he has said and done a lot of really controversial things. I know, the national title at Louisville was vacated, which I think is a stupid punishment. But I think he's the greatest coach in the history of college basketball. And by the way, folks are going to say, well, he failed with the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 18: And he did.
Speaker 19: He also had success in the pros with the New York Knicks, which he who he coached after he left Providence. I think he's great for the sport. I'm glad he's back in the sport.
Speaker 20: And you're right, there are a lot of.
Speaker 19: His contemporaries who have acclaimed to that title. But I think that the number of schools that he has won at the influence the ways he has won. I think he's the greatest coach in college basketball history.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know, and here's just an addendum to that. And I don't think that he's anywhere close to Patino. And a lot of people don't like him, Bruce Pearl. I mean, look at what he's done at Auburn.
Speaker 19: Correct, Yeah, one at UW Milwaukee, one at Tennessee. Has an Auburn team that when they're going offensively, they are some see you know, to behold has had him in final fours. Yeah, I you know, it's it's funny. Over the last five or six years, we've had some absolute titans of the of the sport leave. Mike Ryzewski has retired, Roy Williams has retired, and I think many have wondered, like, all right, well, you know who's going to fill that void? Jay Wright retired, who won two national titles with Villanova last decade. There are still some awesome coaches. NATO's at Alabama. You know you saw last night if you're a Kentucky fan, what what Alabama can do offensively? They are something took be hold when when they are clicking on all cylinders offensively. Danny Hurley at Yukon, who is a very polarizing personality. Uh, there's some great ones. Bruce Pearl is obviously on that list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no doubt about it. You mentioned Alabama. Uh, they're one of the few teams that can give Auburn fits or is proven to you know, and that a that Auburn team is just man, I don't I don't know who's gonna beat them, but the SEC will have a good shot at having three out of four final four teams. Do you still think that possible?
Speaker 19: The story of the year in college basketball is how good the SEC has been.
Speaker 10: Where you know, if you.
Speaker 19: Follow people who project brackets, bracketologists, if you look at you know, in the one seed line or the two seed line or the three seed line, there hasn't been a lot of movement, may mainly because it's so populated by SEC teams, right. I mean, they obviously didn't win last night, and the game kind of got away from them in the second half. But I thought, if Kentucky can win the SEC tournament, that's one of the greatest feats in the history of the program. Winning that league with its depth, as good as Florida is, as good as Tennessee has been this year, they were number one in the country for two weeks, as good as Auburn is, as good as Alabama is the top of that conference, and then you kind of go through the middle of it, where you know, Texas obviously has a chance to make the NCAA tournament. Entucky is probably going to be a three seed, at least a four seed. Offensively, the Wildcats are very very good. Uh, it's a great, great league, But yeah, v.
Speaker 1: Vanderbilt Commodorees are going to make the NCAA to with a twenty and twelve record and like a five hundred record in the SEC during the regular season. I mean, yes, sure are Yeah.
Speaker 19: So I think if you were to sit down and go, okay, here are the teams you're gonna make a bet and go okay, here are the teams I want to bet on to make a final four, uh, you would start with at least three SEC teams and maybe four. I think, depending on how you feel about Tennessee.
Speaker 1: What is it going to take for a team like the University of Cincinnati Bearcats to reach this level?
Speaker 19: A lot of money? Yeah, you know, I mean that's that's the obvious answer. It's gonna take a lot of money. Programs down a crossroads. I think it's fair to say, you know, west Miller has I thought it was first three years, did a really good job of stabilizing the program, which is not easy to do. This year, though, goes down as a huge disappointment. I think there are really talented individual players on that team, but the pieces just didn't fit. And so I think Wes is going to have to spend this offseason figuring out a way to put together a roster that is more experienced, that is older that has more players who can do more than one thing, and then figuring out how to get the pieces to fit This season was not so much. We went into the season thinking UC can make the NCAA Tournament. And I think if I would have said to anybody back in October the Bearcats aren't going to make the NCAA Tournament, I would have been laughed at. They were supposed to make the NCAA tournament, not because they are ready to compete with Houston or Arizona or the upper tier of the upper tier teams in the Big Twelve, but they were supposed to take care of business against teams like Kansas State were they lost to Kansas State twice, Oklahoma State, they lost to Oklahoma State, the lower rung or middle of the pack teams in the Big Twelve. And they couldn't do that. And so I think they're gonna need a roster overhaul.
Speaker 10: I think they're gonna need.
Speaker 19: They're gonna need in the Big Twelve. You need NBA players. Now. They may get one this offseason, a young man by the name of Shawnabiev who is McDonald's All American. But I think this offseason is gonna unfold and this season's gonna unfold with West Miller dealing with a lot of pressure because the fan base is impatient. Cincinnati hasn't competed in the NCAA Tournament since twenty nineteen. If we are still saying the same thing a year from now, I think we're going to be having some very unpleasant conversations about West Miller.
Speaker 1: Are we going to see high school players get paid like college players? Have we gone to that level with the nil? Or with competition among high school kids? I mean, or is the competition really for these elite teams, these prep schools where some kids from high school are going now in lieu of public schools and whatever.
Speaker 19: Well, if somebody's willing to pay, and then the answer is yes, you know, NIL in college sports is about to change, at least to a degree where we're about to have revenue sharing in college basketball and in college sports overall, where schools are going to be able to share revenues with the athletes. We're not going to have that at the high school level, but sure if a shoe company or someone wants a high school kid to endorse. Now this is going to vary. I think from state to state. Every state has different rules, but absolutely we're going to have nil in high school sports. And I think to a very large degree across the country you could find cases what we already do.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just trying to figure out how Lebron James say, a kid, you know, twenty years ago, I was driving a Hummer when he was a senior in high school. It's mom's car. Yeah, okay, sure. So what else we got on the table? We got the free agency in the NFL. How of the Bengals. How would you rate the Bengals so far as far as signing players and attracting free agents or looking at free agents to help for twenty twenty five?
Speaker 19: Well, I think if you were to pay attention to the last seven days, let's just make it about the last seven days and what the Bengals have done and what they haven't done, you would arrive at the conclusion that the Bengals offensive line last year was really, really good because it's gone untouched. And obviously you and I know from watching the season that's not the case. And so the most frustrating thing for me is that they haven't acquired a guard in free agency. Now you'll hear the name Pevin Jenkins this weekend, who is somebody that they're apparently interested in. But he is going to meet with the Seattle Seahawks on Monday. If on the Bengals, I don't let him get to Seattle. I don't let him take that meeting. And you know this week there's two different issues. Right there's acquiring players from outside who can help them. And they did sign a defensive tackle by the name of PJ. Slayton, who I think is really going to be able to help against the run. But that defense was bad last year. We thought they were going to overhaul it. They haven't used free agency to overhaul it. There's that issue. But then there's also the issue with retaining their own guys. And they brought that Mike MIKEDSICKI that's a good signing. They brought back Joseph Osai. I think that's a pretty good signing on a one year deal. They brought back Cody Ford to give him some offensive line depth. I think we would agree that that's pretty good. There's momentum if you followed some of the national reporting last night that they're going to get extensions done with Jamar Chase and t Higgins here very soon, which is great, but those players were already under contract for twenty twenty five. They really haven't done all that much to improve the twenty twenty five season relative to what we watched in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: It would be nice to see Trey Henderson back, you know, doing his thing, especially if Aaron Rodgers is going to be playing for the Steelers. I mean, Trey Hendrickson just looking at his chops chopping down that statue on a regular basis. All right, Mo, we'll talk to you later.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 19: Well, we have oak Hill's Little Dribblers basketball this afternoon, so that is gonna be my priority early this afternoon. I will be with you and Speirit. You can photo shop me maybe in the group photo.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, thanks Moe, Mike Allen counselor how are you.
Speaker 21: I'm good, buddy. Congratulations on twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you very much.
Speaker 21: Hell of it. I don't think I've done anything for twenty eight?
Speaker 19: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna make absolutely good? I will be there, all right, Well, forward to it. What's on the show today, Well, i'll tell you what we're going to talk about, Doze. They reported yesterday that to date listen to this, Gary Jeff. They have saved taxpayers one hundred and fifteen billion dollars so far, which equates to about seven hundred bucks per taxpayer.
Speaker 21: That's a pretty damn big deal if you ask me. We're going to talk about that.
Speaker 36: Also, you see, they made the list of sixty colleges that have received letters from the Department of Education, the soon to be defunct Department of Education, that they're under investigation for tolerating acts of anti Semitism.
Speaker 1: We'll talk a little bit about that.
Speaker 36: Got Steve Gooden coming in legal an I was going to talk about the legal battles that Trump and Musk and Doze are facing and what the status of those are. And then we're going to talk to Christopher Smithman, former vice mayor of the City of Cincinnati. Going to catch up with Christopher c what's up with him?
Speaker 1: Chris Smithman is the gift that just keeps on giving.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: He great guest and big time I must listen for Mike Allen. Saturday midday party is at Huddles. The anniversary party will have cake, we have sandwiches. We have people who maybe like to drink and hopefully they don't drink too much. It all starts. We open the doors at eleven and the party officially like from one to four this afternoon. So in between the rain drops, I.
Speaker 21: Don't drink anymore. What I don't drink any less?
Speaker 1: Oh God, that's all all right? Yeah, and so were you. But that's why we love you, Mike Allen.
Speaker 5: Next, my name is Kyle Tequila, host of a shocking new true crime podcast, Crook County.
Speaker 1: I got recruited into the mob when I was seventeen years old.