Speaker 1: My name is Will and I'm Garen, and unlike moulderin Scully.
Speaker 2: Both want to believe.
Speaker 1: So we've embarked in a journey of discovery.
Speaker 3: We've talked to.
Speaker 2: People deeply entrenched in the spiritual and metaphysical world.
Speaker 1: We've thrown ourselves into weird and wonderful experiences. I even joined a coven of witches.
Speaker 2: And wait, you joined a coven yep.
Speaker 1: All in the interest of finding something, anything, that will prove that there's something beyond this physical.
Speaker 2: Three dimensional world we all live in.
Speaker 1: This is the Skeptic Metaphysicians. This episode of The Skeptic Metaphysicians was recorded live at the Edgar Casey AAR.
Speaker 2: Welcome to New Awakenings with Edgar Casey's Ari. We're together through some incredible conversations. We go on beautiful journeys of discovery that might shape the way you think about things and could even change your lives.
Speaker 1: Our guest today began her exploration of contemplative practices, esoteric teachings and mystery school teachings back in the nineties. She is dedicated to the studies of transfer forming consciousness through breath, praana, meditation, mindfulness, and somatic healing to integrate trauma and trauma informed practices.
Speaker 2: She's a certified yoga therapist, a yoga teacher, and is also a Restorative Breathwork advanced facilitator and teacher.
Speaker 1: If that wasn't enough, she has degrees in philosophy, religion, and communications, as well as over thirty years of teaching, classes, workshops, and training. She is absolutely a fountain of information and we are blessed to have her here with us today. Gabrielle George Janks, thanks so much for coming on the show.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy to be here, and I just want to say I'm happy to be here with the two of you because for your audience, we are friends. Yeah, and so I'm ready to have an interesting conversation about this topic.
Speaker 1: Great. So, well, this will be our easiest interview yet because we've known each other for such a long time that this is going to be wonderful. It's a conversation we've had it starts and stops every once in a while, but now we'll get a chance to really dive into the topic, and we really are here to talk to you about human design.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, for the uninitiated, what is human disease in five words or less.
Speaker 3: So what's helpful for me is to give a little bit of context and story of how I came to understand or first interact with and experience these teachings, because I mean, basically, it's a transmission of teachings and a synthesis. So the synthesis is the chakra system, the kabbala, the eaching quantum physics, and how that came to be synthesized was a full experience for this individual all on its own and has a lot of detailed to it, and there's videos on that. The transmission was from a person and the synthesis occurred where all of these teachings sort of came together and hit. So what's helpful for me is go back in time of when I first started interacting with human design. But did you have a question? Now, I was just going to say it was so one person came up with this, Yeah, right, right, So transmissions are when I first interacted with this material, I was already steeped in people who were bringing their own transmissions and their own teaching. So this was in the nineties and I was even here at the Edgar case studying and had exposure to those wisdom teachings, which was specifically in the chakra system and the yoga lineage at that time. Because my teacher is a breath teacher, meditation teacher, and also is very heavily imbued with the importance of living life from an intention, from an ideal and letting that intention and ideal guide you. So at that time, anything that was coming I trusted. It wasn't that a big of a leap for me to trust that this If you look at something like the Kabbala, the eaching, they're not new, the very estheteric teachings of the chakra system. And of course what's happening in the quantum field and the movement of neuroscience and the contemplative contemplative sciences merging with neuroscience. So there was so much happening at that time that was evolving, all of those wisdom teachings as as a as a movement, and then we're seeing that result now and in you know, how we're seeing neuroscience is much more familiar to just the commonplace. So when I in the nineties, when I had first heard about it Ra, the person who received this information which it w was a transmission that wasn't easy for him. So revelations and transmissions of source information from some higher part of our our connection to the universe or all that is, you know, the information coming to him and his experience, he didn't talk about for for a long time. And now they have I think it's a sixty four keys dot com which is a platform you could easily go to and hear his story, but he was reluctant on sharing that. But he consider himself at the time his name was Robert and this happened in Abiza, and he was a bit of a person who lived on the edge of life anyway. You know, he was considered a little bit of a mad guy.
Speaker 1: Lived in the visa.
Speaker 3: And it's a really right and it's an interesting story in and of itself. It's just a really curious experience to hear. He was considered himself the first student, right So, but anyway, when I had interacted with it, you know, I was already involved in the study of the aura, and the aura is very complex, that our fields are complex, so internal and external energy flows and how that supports balance of our mind, our our health, our physical body or emotional body, and connecting to these higher frequencies is that lead and direct our life through that intention and ideal that I mentioned earlier, And so a lot of those trans personal processes are about deconditioning what isn't real for us, right. So I was in my own process, so I heard about it and I was like, yeah, right now, I'm here, but I'm really like what I see. And it was very mechanical at the time. And so fast forward to about six years ago, and they're so when that imprint happened to him. The understanding about transmissions also or downloads when they're of the nature of wisdom teachings such as these, because the Kabbalah those are are timeless, right, But they also when the imprint happened for him, it affected all of us. So it's like when major comments come through or something, we're all affected by our cosmos. It's not like he just happened to be the one that was the recipient of the synthesis of these wisdom teaching teachings birthed a new science of astrology. So I don't think I mentioned astrology. So it's astrology, Kabbalah, the eaching to chakras, and quantum physics, right. So over a long period of time, the synthesis of those teachings birthed a lot of really powerful teachers who were with him. And of course that mutates, that doesn't mutate away from the original teachings of the eaching or the original teachings of the chakra system. And you don't have to be a master of those systems to come to human Design as a teaching to bring forth an understanding of yourself and how it's y'all put that, what it does for you. But what drew me toward it because of that time I was studying the aura is that part of the synthesis is that the you know, I teach meditation, I teach mindfulness. I work with many many people over the years of how to meditate, and I was seeing certain things that weren't like why is this person more emotional? Why is this person person having these experiences? Like there's a way to work with all of it in this in mindfulness and meditation. But when I came back to human Design six years ago, something really clicked for me, and it was it was how the system started to talk about each human being has a unique type and what comes with that type and there's five of them, and I'll briefly go into them. Is their oric field? Now, the aura is complex, so I'm not human. Design doesn't simplify, like if my type functions in a certain way, I can learn about how I work efficiently energetically, how I work mentally, how I work physically based on this body graph, which i'll go into. But what drew me to it was each type has a very specific, unique oric field to it, and that doesn't take away from how complex our auras are and how extraordinary they are as where our auras are interacting. Right now we're connecting. The three of us have very different ORC types and when I saw that, and those ORC types are based on these types that were channeled through this person. Right. So the the way the graph works is you have it's interesting because you have you guys have questions before I keep going and I'll explain the aura more and how it works.
Speaker 2: And yes, so it's you're saying it's a graph.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a body graph.
Speaker 2: It's a body graph and how what how is that graph created? I think it's like dates and time, right.
Speaker 3: So that's where the synthesis of the information comes in and how it comes in is based on your birth moment, so that's astrology. And also astrology carries archetypes. And we live in the cosmos, we are influenced by our planetary configurations. So each the moment of birth right is an imprint of where the configuration of the cosmos is.
Speaker 2: Right, So if you don't know your birth moment, like I didn't know, and it's not even on my birth certificate back then, I guess they didn't put it on there.
Speaker 3: But I don't know the moment of my birth right.
Speaker 2: So does that mean I can't get an accurate chart?
Speaker 3: Well, they have chart rectification software, so people who don't know, there's I think it costs like two hundred dollars. You can you have fill out paperwork where now it's online, so you fill it out online and the you know professionals that can really pattern and look at certain things like you know what city you were born in, you know general idea of time, you know that you can somehow get through that information. They can give you a pretty good time. And then in that case when you plug in that information and it the now it's a it's a very compla software system that they've created over the last since nineteen eighty seven is when this occurred. For raw in his name was Robert at the time. Now you go, he's passed, but raw is his name. Of course, we've moved through evolutionary stages of being able to compute that chart like that. So software has been created and that's constantly being updated. But so when you put in your information, the chart produces itself and the graph if you look at it, it's not linear, but it looks linear. It's more hologenetic because we're human beings. It's not like a piece of right, So the understanding the chart comes over time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's incredibly complex.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very complex. So there's an entry way into the complexity, and some people can you don't have to go deep. Just some of my students knowing what their type is and what their strategy is, and how their aura functions, how their brain functions as a learning that's enough, right, and I have some stories a couple examples of that. But the body graphic self produces this constellation of information, and it's the imprint of the moment you're born. So in the moment you come out of the womb, and that could be cesarean, It does not matter. It's that moment you're out and there's an Oh, I'm out and I'm in this world now and I'm imprinted by my environment. It's also what's unique about that synthesis of information is that it also retro eighty eight days prior to birth, so that in that imprint eighty eight days prior, there's information that is sort of imprinted into the nervous system into how this body should function in this lifetime. It has epigenetic information. So you know, we look at DNA, so we look at depending on what the two sides of the chart, that moment of birth, that eighty eight days prior is imprinted with all the astrological symbols and they all are archetypes of you know, the father, the mother. Expansion depth depends on what planet and where all of that ends up in this graph, right so right, So yeah, people look at it and that's why they come to us to learn and so moment that there's an imprint. What's unique about the human design system as a newer science of astrology is that this idea of there's types and there's five of them, and each type based on that type defines their aura and how their aura functions in space and time, and that aura really gives them a sense when you understand it, and how it functions like mine functions very differently from yours and years and then you begin to understand, Ah, that's a part of my role. But this is how my energy works in this lifetime. So I don't need to be like a generator. Sorry about that. Where generators typically were conditioned to work all the same and even our you know, we way we educate is every person who's supposed to learn the same way, and we all know that doesn't work and we end up finding our way through that better or worse, right, But that type a specific aura, and based on that, it has a way of making decisions that those decisions are what connects us to our authority of inner truth. And that authority gives us does not come from our mind. From the perspective of human design, it is not a mental process. It's a decision making process that comes from our body. And that's very new. And if you know, I'm an embodiment practitioner, I teach how to trust the body, how to be in the body, how to understand the energetics of your body. You could see why I was super interested in well this type. So within the graph right, there's activations of certain things that happen at birth and eighty eight days retro. Right, those activations are specific and unique to you, specific and unique to you, specific and unique to me, even though I can be a similar type to someone else. How those activations you know, what what planet, what gate? What hexagram with right, which is a those are all very much about how to live life. And so when they're activated, that means it's that's more of who I am now, whether it's more of who I am because I'm here to grow that in this lifetime based on its position within that body graph, or it's what I came in with retro on that design side. That's like why am I so good at that? It's a knowledge I already have, whether it's my family's knowledge, but it's deep within my body. And so the graph itself can show you how the activations of how you intuit things, how you how how mmm, how your energy flows. So it's like a circuit board, and.
Speaker 2: So how can people use this to help their lives?
Speaker 3: In general? What I've seen is that the chart, the information and what gets activated provides a person the ability to love themselves and live authentically based on the information that you're reading or you're understanding about yourself. So there's self love. It's not religious in the way of it's not meant to be. Follow this and this is the only way it's going to be. It's meant to be. Oh, I'm going to understand my strategy, which in my case is to wait for the invitation. So the five types, the manifesture, which is about nine percent of the pop ulation, the generator, which is about thirty seven percent I think of the population. Then there's a subtype which is called a manifesting, a manifesting generator, which the manifesting generator, the generator or is the same the manifestors. Aura tends to push things out of the way initiate these two like you are your generator. It's an enveloping or. It draws people in situations to you. So in many ways, a generator, the only person really as a type is a manifestor is meant to initiate, right because they think of Moses parting the sea. The aura of a manifestor moves things out and they have a strategy to work with that energy. Typically manifestors have a lot of problems because of that aura like it's a repelling aura wo and so it can be interpreted as as why is everyone always irritated with me? Or why so someone understanding how they're are functions helps them accept themselves more and actually learn how to flow through life situation through How is a manifesture's strategy best utilize, which is to inform people of what's going on and where generators is really waiting and trusting that life is going to bring things to you, and it's whether or not I want to say yes or no to what is being drawn to me. Because it's a enveloping, it's round, it's big and full and it you know, it's like a warm hug or something like. It's I can know that now because I've been around them enough that I've tested it and felt it. You have a question and.
Speaker 1: Then all so it's a great way of building a strategy for how you go about life. That's really what the chart sounds like. It's what it's for. It's understanding your type helps you to establish your strategy for moving forward.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I know some some folks that know we'll talk about it are very much don't volunteer things but rather wait for wait to be asked to do things and things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so its generators. It's it's it's such a deep trust that life is going to bring me to you. Because if the ore is pulling life in, it's it's centripa, it's pulling things where instead of trying to initiate and force and manifest, generators really don't need to do that. It's a process of how do I learn how to trust my own internal The strategy would be to wait to respond, which has its own you know, complexity to it because there's different a tho on that and I'll put that there for a moment. Wherein as a projector's aura, it's completely it's a cone shape and it's designed to Projectors are twenty percent of the population. Reflectors are one. You're a reflector, and so the projector's aura is really meant to guide, and so its function is to penetrate and lock into somebody and initiate some kind of guidance. So a lot of people will say it's like being poked because it's a cone shape, and not everybody likes that. So waiting for knowing that I know I'm a guide. I know I will wait if someone wants to hear what I have to say, or they come in by coming to me as a student tour, as hiring them as a coach, or whatever I'm doing with them. That's an agreement of I get to guide you right and if often. And now that was a game changer for me, learning about my own style of how my aura functions and my strategy to wait. It took when I really committed to it, I changed everything, and my business changed. Everything changed, and it took two and a half to three years for me to say, Okay, I'm going to test this. So it's not meant. It's not an intellectual process like our auras are not intellectual. It's an actual experience of oh, I get to feel how my body functions. And so that authority that you're talking about doesn't come from here, So most people have to there's processes that you take bits and pieces of this information in and you would apply it and see how it feels for you and how it works, and over time you begin to see this is far more in my energy flow and far more energy efficient for my actual physical body. So you have type, strategy and authority. Like my authority is emotional. There's sacral authority, which is really about the body making sound. My daughter is sacral, so now I know she makes this uh huh or uh uh like her sound is a part of her decision making. Whereas a spleenic authority is in the moment. It's in the now because it's the chakra system functions as an awareness center and says this is where you need to go and it happens momentarily where I have a type of authority that I have to wait because it's emotional, I have a wave.
Speaker 1: And does the chart tell you which one which authorities?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? It gives you very very clear. This is what you are. This is your strategy, this is your authority, this is your profile.
Speaker 1: So I'm assuming I'm a spleenic.
Speaker 3: No, I don't. I don't remember what you are. I'd have to look you up again.
Speaker 1: Look, because I do act on the moment, I make decisions.
Speaker 3: Shoot, I should I wish I look that on my phone because I have your chart on my phone.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a manifestor, a generator, a projector, and a reflector.
Speaker 3: That's a reflector, right, But the generator has the subtype of the manifesting generator, So the manifesting generator. I have a lot of manifesting generator clients are a combination chart activation, that is, a manifestor and a generator, but their aura is still an enveloping or they do not have a manifesting manifestor's aura. The aura of a manifestor is very distinctly different. It's meant to initiate. So you have these themes though that if you're not in your flow of decision making. So you asked about how this supports and how this is helpful. There is a not self sort of theme that's easy to follow that not self would be like in your case. In your case, so your case would be frustration if you now the thing about frustration is this is ananda. Frustration is normal to a generator because it helps them grow into their next level. But they interpret fust sorry, they interpret frustration as you know, a problem or something's wrong with me. So I even had my daughter's down the other night, she's trying to learn her lines to play. I said, read your strengths, read your weaknesses as a generator, and she was like, oh, And it took the pressure off of her. I said, the frustration your experiences is your power, first of all, and she didn't know what to do. I mean, you know, she's a child still learning, but that power is a force that's trying to evolve your way of learning and growing. So that frustration actually is a healthy thing when you understand how to leverage it right. And where is that frustration coming from? Is it coming from my head or is it actually my body saying I want to grow this this thing that I'm working with in my life that I said yes to, right, and manifestors, theirs is anger. They go right to anger, right, where as a manifesting generator has anger and frustration as a as a sign that wait a minute, I'm not maybe making decisions the way that's best for my chart, my energy flow, what's right for me for me, it's for projectors, which.
Speaker 1: Are really.
Speaker 3: They're only the newer of the type. And I won't go into a lot of the history of the change, but I had mentioned earlier how there was a time when this information came in, and it came in because we are changing, Our species is changing, we're evolving, and we are from that perspective, we're becoming. We're moving out of a victimization time, out of a time of emotional turbulence, of codependence. This is a trajectory over the next four hundred years of where we're going as a species. So the information came as a support to evolve us to this is what will help you through these times. Trust your authority, trust your inner self. This information can only be positive in that regard, right, it can only be like, well, I can utilize this to help me trust more of my inner intuition and how my body likes to function in everyday life. Because the sub of the chart is your strategy, your type, your authority. But what lives underneath it, because it's hologenetic I said, is these these sort of imagine like a prism, like a or an iceberg. Right, we're at the top where the conversation we're having is here right in this room, in space and time. But underneath it are colors and tones that help us reflect out into the world our unique perception of how we see the world. So reflectors. Of course, you know that you have to wait third or lunar they have to wait thirty. But what's so cool about that is that you because we can't go into all the open charts because I mean the open centers, the chalkras that are open. Well could do I have time to say a few things about that. A few minutes, one minute, okay, So if you have an activation in that graph that you were referring to, some of those centers are what's called open or undefined, and some of them are defined because they have it's a binary like say your spleen center connects to your root and it's there both ends are connected, so they're defined. They're colored in right. The open centers in the chart, which for a reflector, they're all open, but you have activations through it. So when you're open, I will say really quickly about that, because open centers will typically amplify the energy of that center in the environment. So I mentioned earlier how this helps my clients or how I helped with meditators. If they have an open head or an open asna, their meditation process is going to look very different. If you have an open emotional center like my daughter does, and I'm defined in my emotional center, she's going to amplify that energy and she would could possibly be seen as the one who's overemotional, when in truth, that center is giving her information that there's a lot going on in my environment that's very emotional and it's not mine, right, So those open centers become deeply filled with wisdom about our environment and what's going on, and we learn about that. In your case, they're all open, So throughout that entire lunar cycle, you are experiencing all of the activations that we go through every thirty days anyway through because the cosmos is we're moving. So you might feel yourself as a manifestor one day, you might feel yourself next week as the generator energy or the projector energy. Reflectors become a really unique mirror to the health of any environment you're in, whether it's your work environment, your family, and depending on where the activation is or like you and I get together, you have one gait activated, I of the other end. We plug in there and we're like, wow, we're really connected based on those centers connecting, but in our auras connecting, and so it's helped me understand friends, understand family members, understand its mechanics. It's not personal, you know, manifestors, it's just not personal. It's just the way they're designed, but the lunar, it's unique, It goes through many tastes and it's very fun to be around electors.
Speaker 1: And all this would be is so much easier visualizing when you have your chart in front of you.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And that's the hard part of this is that it really and it's meant to be a lived experience. It's meant to be tested, it's meant not to be like, don't believe me, don't believe it, like it's meant to be like if this is truth for you, great and if it's not great, just like anyone else any other right, exactly so, But it has brought incredible clarity for my clients in terms of, like if we're working a lot of emotional energy for them and they constantly are having a look at their chart, and I can say, look, let's put this in a perspective that some of what you're going through isn't yours. So your artistry now is when you're in a situation that you're feeling super anxious or activated, that you consider that it's not I mean, some part of it is going to be a part of them, right, but we have to discern that over time, and then you leave the situation, get yourself grounded, and then come back. But typically in that scenario, a lot of people feel like, why am I always the one who feels so emotional or being called I'm emotional? So Raw really put forth that this is for the children. For the children, Wow, Okay, for the children.
Speaker 1: Well that's just disappointing because I really wanted to know.
Speaker 3: But the parents have to parent, all right, So I do. I'm finishing some training around working with families and working with because the kids just get it. They're they're not as conditioned as adults are. They don't have to go through a lot of you know, and if you have a natural skepticism to you in your chart, then your approach to this material is going to be not because being a scout dick is bad, but because you're going to want to challenge that. Like Raw was a manifestor who was a skeptic. So he was he was a reluctant mystic. He was not particularly prepared for what he was getting ready to go through. Yeah, but anyway, you can see how it's a little complex to talk about.
Speaker 1: Giving us a ton of information and yet just barely stressed stretch. So if someone wanted to learn more about human design. What's the best way for someone to do that?
Speaker 3: Well, I mentioned earlier how many teachers are out there, so I will say that it's helpful to go to the Jovian Archive, which is the original sort of content material, and then find people who are guides like myself, who have and working with the material for a period of time. So there's lots of them out there. There's YouTube videos. Now there's Karen Curry Parker who was a student of RAS and actually worked with the institute. Her work is excellent. Richard Rudd's work, you know, they're they've had their own transmissions. They were both students of RAW.
Speaker 1: And now we're getting into gene keys.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, which is a whole other thing. But he was a student. I mean, he's a big student of the e ching and that material came from human Design.
Speaker 2: Well, if someone specifically wanted to contact you your incredible how would they do that.
Speaker 3: Through my website which is Gabrielle Gerard.
Speaker 1: Wonderful always used to hang with you and.
Speaker 3: We'll have the glass of wine and I'll give you more.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks so much for coming on and sharing your wisdom with us, and a huge Thank you to you. We know that there are tons of options out there, and having you decide to come along on our journey of discovery with us is an absolute honor for us. We hope you've enjoyed this conversation as much as we have. If you did and you feel called to give back, we invite you to visit our website at Skepticmanaphysician dot com, where you can donate to the show or subscribe as a member through our buy me a Coffee campaign. Your support will go a long way towards allowing Karen and I to bring you these wonderful conversations and teachings in more and more robust ways. Well that's all for now. We will see you on the next episode of The Skeptic Metaphysician. Until then, take care,