Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. The games Mike the Bulldog Beyond You on jr.
Speaker 2: R Sports Page is brought to you by JRRS Pick your Ticket Thursday. Remember if you follow us at one oh one one w JR on Instagram, swing by at some point today and uh, you know, react to the post that's up for pick your Ticket Thursday and you may have your pick of the letter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are a lot of good JRR shows. You could win again at one oh one one w JRR and the Instagram.
Speaker 2: Well well, well, familiar faces. We'll return to the Stanley Cup Finals for the third year in a row now the Florida Panthers this go around, though, they'll be defending their championship as they finish off to Carolina Hurricanes last night in their best of seven series on the road in Raleigh. The final was five to three. Panthers win the series four games to one. They await the winner of the Edmonton Oilers Dallas Stars Western Conference Finals. That Game five is tonight with the Oilers up three to one. If they finish off the Stars, it'll be a rematch from last year.
Speaker 1: Talk like you said earlier in the show. If you were watching that game last night for the Panthers and Kane, it did not look that good for the Panthers at the beginning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first off, that the Lenovo Center and Raleigh, most hockey fans will agree, one of the best arenas and sites in all. A tough place to play, even the players. It's a tough place to play. And the fans are loud and boisterous. And then the Canes got out to that two zip lead in the first period, but the Panthers came storming back and the second, putting up three and then adding two more in the third, and you know, five to three your final there, So good for them.
Speaker 1: You would have been proud of me. I was. I was supporting you know, Florida's team. Do you gotta do that? That's the Lynchintaco rule, right.
Speaker 2: Well, you know it's our rule. We can't force it on you, but we would think. You know, as a resident of Florida, you would want our in state teams to do well in any sport.
Speaker 1: Right, even if the lightning were out, you still got a root for the Panthers, So good job.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, in the NBA, the Oklahoma City thunder resounding win last night in Game five to lock their place into the NBA Finals one twenty nine to ninety four. It was the final in Oklahoma City over Minnesota. They win the series four to one, and they will wait to see who they will play, either Indiana or the New York Knicks. Pacers up three to one in that series, with Game five happening tonight at eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: I've said it from the get go, Man Oka sees the team to attempt to be They're just good.
Speaker 2: You know. I agree totally with you on that. But something about the Pacers this year, it's almost like they're on a mission. Here's ye chip on their shoulder. That's very true.
Speaker 1: I just saw Sir Charles Bark the other day say it or the other night, and he goes, I don't care who's playing, He goes, these are all great teams, the great players. He goes, but no, he's beating that Oklahoma City team.
Speaker 2: Orlando City's unbeaten streak is over after they lose to Atlanta United in Atlanta three to two was the final last night. The Orlando City team had to play shorthanded for the last few minutes. In stoppage time because of a red card, and that was the deciding factor is the winning goal was scored in stoppage time by Atlanta again three to two. The final quick turnaround. The guys are back home for their next match, which will be Saturday evening. It's seven point thirty against the Chicago Fire. All right, how about Tiger Woods' son Charlie? Yeah, what did I hear?
Speaker 1: I just heard you know me bits and pieces, Bob, I just catch pieces.
Speaker 2: What happened to him? Again? Well, me being the golfer on the show which would know this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely three wood in hand.
Speaker 2: His Tiger's son, Charlie biggest win of his career scores at the Junior Invitational. He won his first American Junior Golf Association title and the Team Tailor Made Invitational was right here in Florida, beating out for the association's top five ranked players for the win. His previous best finish was a tie for twenty fifth back in March, and he was looking great yesterday, just like his pops man. So way to go, Charlie. Oh, let's keep the legacy going.
Speaker 1: I think if you were in that tournament right now, I guess how I'm pair it up against tigers.
Speaker 2: Kidding my golf, Tiger's walking the course. Some sad news Baylor football player Alex Foster dead from a gunshot wounds. He was found dead in his car in Greenville, Mississippi. There was This shooting was part of what's being described as a surge in violent crimes in that Mississippi community. The mayor there, Eric Simmons, has put the city under a curfew, temporary curfew from nine to six, nine in the evening till six in the morning to curb the violence, which has included multiple shootings and senseless killings. Wow, that sucks. You had been a red shirt freshman for Baylor. Again, not a lot of details on what happened with this, but sucks, absolutely sucks. What else we got here? The Women's College World Series Softball tournament begins today at Oklahoma City. The Florida Gators Lady Gators open up at noon against number six Texas and the Longhorns. This, of course eight double elimination tournament. Meanwhile, the men's college baseball Regionals begin today. The state of Florida has a bunch of representatives. The Gators are in the Conway Regional that's in South Carolina. They will play at noon against East Carolina Stat's in the Hatters will be in the Auburn Regional to open up against NC State. That's at two o'clock today. Bethune Cookman in Tallahassee will face Florida State in the Tallahassee Regional at three, and finally, also at three o'clock, Miami will face Alabama in the Hattiesburg Regional. This also a double elimination tournaments.
Speaker 1: Come on, Florida team, I mean, you got six or seven.
Speaker 2: Of it right there you go. There's your sports page for this sporting.
Speaker 1: PLEITGIT Taco are always on demand. Download their podcast daily on our free iHeartRadio app. Get it now at w j r R dot com