Speaker 1: God channeling is dinner clerk, Get them dives.
Speaker 2: Make's the cat backhand signed Dustin off that gold globe said, you want my spot, come and get it.
Speaker 3: I want to take a shot.
Speaker 4: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 3: Bink, you're looking real hot. Come and get it.
Speaker 5: We're here.
Speaker 4: The road comes through La.
Speaker 6: Come get it.
Speaker 3: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 3: I got it?
Speaker 2: Best overall, Miss Dan Klass Padres.
Speaker 4: Fans can line up to kiss our ring.
Speaker 3: You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 7: Welcome to Dodgers on tack. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 1: Tim kas Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. You hope you're enjoying your Thursday. Your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers fifty and thirty one on this season, first team in the National League to get to fifty wins on this season, as we have officially as the halfway point of the twenty twenty five season, your Los Angeles Dodgers first place all alone atop the NL West. Today in Denver, they wrap up this three game series with the Rockies. The brooms are out going for the sweep. Happy Kershaw Day, Dodger fans. Clayton Kershaw on the map, the future Hall of Famer eight strikeouts away from three thousand in his career. More on that coming up. We got first pitch from Denver set for twelve ten. Coming up over the next hour, you're gonna hear from keithk a Hernandez David Vat Say, we'll check in. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Kirsten Watson will go one on one with Max Munsey in just a few minutes. We check in with Tim Never and Rick Monday at the gapin Motors Broadcast booth.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Last night in Denver, the Dodgers outlasted the Rockies and the rain. Yoshi Yamamoto and Rocky starter Chase Dollander went toe to toe for the first five innings, putting up zero. Yamamoto had six punch outs along the way. In the sixth, the rain started to fall, but they played through it. Runners on first and second two outs. When up came Max Munsey.
Speaker 4: Three and two to Mounsey.
Speaker 5: The pitch payoff has swung on and popped up right side second baseman Astrona calling for it.
Speaker 3: He can't find it. It drops in for a head. Both rushing and Otani score and.
Speaker 2: Totly has stopped even looking for the baseball and the ball dropped less than ten feet away from Tolio, the first baseman.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers lead it two to nothing on what's gonna be a two run single for Max Munsey.
Speaker 1: The ball gets lost in the rain drops falling a courus field hits the ground, two runs scored. Dodgers up two to nothing, and that's when the tarp came on the field and the rain delays started. An hour and twenty seven minutes. The Dodgers picked up where they left off when the game resumed to Oscar Hernandez a single and Andy has an RBI single, Dodgers up three to nothing. In the seventh, Dodgers a three to one lead when the offense went to work, Michael Confordo was single. Two batters later, show Hey intentionally walked two bay Or Two batters later, with two outs, Freddie Freeman drew a walk, bringing up Max Monsey. With the bases loaded in.
Speaker 5: Two outs, Oh two pitch from Kintley, and Monsey swings.
Speaker 8: Hits a drive deep, bright field, way back.
Speaker 3: It is gone.
Speaker 8: Max Monthy with a Grand Slam, his second one this week, and the Dodgers that opened it up in his seven to one Oh Maxwell swinging a silver hammer in the Mile High City. He got a slider that hung over the middle and he didn't miss. He put it right into the Colorado bullpen.
Speaker 5: Max Monsely with his eighth career Grand Slam and.
Speaker 2: He's knocked in six runs.
Speaker 1: Tonight Grand Slam for Max Mounsey. What a heater as he is on right now, his second Grand slamming less than a week. In the eighth, the Dodgers tacked on one more on a Michael Confordo solo home run, his sixth of the season, second as many Knights. Dodgers go on to beat the Rockies eight to one. Yoshi Yamamoto gets to win his seventh of this season. Max Monty drives in six showey Otani reached base four times last night, including two walks, a single, and a catcher's interference call. With the win, the Dodgers now fifty to thirty one on this season. They're leading the division now five and a half games O. We're both the Giants and the Padres, and today they go for the sweep of the Colorado Rockies. Clayton Kershaw on the mound, chasing history. First pitch coming up at twelve ten and with more we head out to the Galloping Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Nevert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim, thanks very much.
Speaker 5: A gorgeous day here, a blue sky day in Colorado, out of cloud to be found anywhere. As the Dodgers and the Rockies wrap up this three game set, Dodgers with a chance to pull off a three games sweep. They've won nine straight over the Rockies, and this is one of the few times they've done that. They've had a streak of twelve straight that went from September of twenty eighteen to June of twenty nineteen, and since twenty twenty three began, the Dodgers against the Rockies have hit a collective three to zero five with fifty two home runs over fifty six games, the Dodgers winning twenty five of those thirty one meetings. In nine of the ten series. It has been a completely one sided series with the Dodgers and the Rockies in the last few years.
Speaker 2: It has been. And for the Dodgers with Clayton Kerz showing the mound today eight strikeouts shy of three thousand in his brilliant career. And for this Dodger ball club one of the things that really kind of holds true. And they just passed the halfway mark in the season. First team in the National League to have fifty victories under their belts Detroit Tigers the first in the American League to do the same thing. But for this Dog book club, as you're mentioning, they've been working on all cylinders. Nine to eleven have been in the win column and in that time twenty one home runs that they've hit. Speaking of home runs, they've not allowed one hit out of the ballpark in the first two games of this series, and the Dodgers win, they do not allow a home run. They're twenty wins and only four losses this year.
Speaker 5: And that's an unusual case when you come to Colorado exactly. So it's a good on the Dodger pitching staff. Another note too, in terms of the win column and the standings. The Dodgers over the last twelve days have picked up five and a half games on the Giants, and that's a really quick ascension when you look at the time and the number of games they've climbed.
Speaker 2: It's really kind of strange too, because a they're scoring a lot of runs, averaging a lot of runs, almost seven per game, and yet if we look at what they've done team batting average not bad overall. In the average, it's the best in baseball, but in April, then May, they went down in May, and they're hitting the lowest batting average in the month of June so far, but they're putting a lot of runs on the scoreboard.
Speaker 5: Max Munsey thirteen RBIs over his last three games, including the middle game of that three game set. He didn't get an RBI in that one, so two games out of the last three he's had a total of thirteen runs batted in two Grand Slams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's had two good weeks in three days as far as the games that had been played, and he'll get a rest today as Miguel Rojas will be at third base, KK Hernandez will be in the left field. Really, the only changes will Smith returns the lineup. In fact, Dave Roberts kind of moving the lineup around a little bit. Smith will bat third, Freddie Freeman dopted the four spot and for left field, Confordo gets the day off against the left handed Austin Gomber. But all of a sudden, Michael Confordo really heating up for for his last nine with two home runs. It's nice to see and you can see that the confidence has kind of returned also with Confordo, but a different bat model, a different weight distribution. He says it just better at the balance overall, but he's also tweaked a couple of different things with the stand. So that's a very good sign. Is Dodger Ball Club trying to win their fifty first to the season, and keep in mind they want to improve their road record. They're just three games above five hundred twenty and seventeen away from Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 5: The rain drops are falling on my head might have been the song for last night, as the Dodgers got two runs thanks to the rain before the rain delay went on to win it by an eight to one score. Today they'll go for the three game sweep and all eyes on Clayton Kershaw's he makes his eighth start of the season, eight strikeouts, Shy of three thousand for his career.
Speaker 1: Tim all right, thank you guys as we cut you down to first bitch Dodger fans, get your game day meal, Lawn's almost lunchtime. How about Shaky's Pizza parlor? What are your Shaky's Pizza chackin and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot com. We're off and running here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck. Coming up, we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We will check in it with David Vaz saying, well breaks down this pitching matchup. But up next, you're Otani rewind and we hear from Kirsten Watson and maxwine Seas that's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Thursday. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim kaise Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This this Morongo Casino Dodgers hunts on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Hits the Dodgers and the Rockies on this Thursday, final game of this three game series and It's off to Kansas City for a weekend set. Clayton Kershaw on the mound, chasing three thousand strikeouts. First pitch coming up at twelve ten.
Speaker 3: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 5: So Otani waits and here comes the pitch from Dolander. He swings and winds up till left field. That's gonna get down for a base hit, too on and nobody for Mookie bench show.
Speaker 1: Hey Otani last night one for two at the play, but he was on base four times, drew two walks, got a catcher's interference. Now hitting two ninety one on this season. He was scored twice last night, part of a Dodgers eight to one win over the Colorado Rockies. They scored the eight runs. Guess who drove in six of them? Max Monsey. Yes, a grand Slam last night. Max Munsey connected for then another home run. Max Munsey, What a night last night? He had six RBIs and the win over the Rockies and afterwards caught up with Kirsten Watson.
Speaker 9: Well, Max, it felt like this game was essentially two different ones. Let's start with ahead of the rain delay for.
Speaker 1: You to get that.
Speaker 9: Uh that's first, I guess the two run hit.
Speaker 3: What was your reaction to it?
Speaker 10: I mean, obviously you're excited. It's for me, I was just happy I hit the ball. The pretty heavy rain drops coming down, my glasses got pretty covered. I couldn't really see anything. So for me, I was just happy that I put the ball in play. And then, yeah, with big rain drops like that, it's tough. It's tough when you're looking up. And I think that's what happened.
Speaker 9: You come back from the rain delay and then you had a great and that's not your second Grand Slam in three games. When you're showing more power, what does that say to you about where the swing is at? Just trying to stay simple. I'm not trying to generate it. I'm just letting it happen.
Speaker 10: And you know, for me, as long as I can stay simple in the box, so I feel good about good things happening.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of what happened right there.
Speaker 9: Is there anything that you had to do during that ragindo lay I kind of stay locked in?
Speaker 4: No, I mean we all did. We all just kind of sat around.
Speaker 10: It was just you know, we we were told this is probably gonna be about an hour, and so you know, everyone's just kind of laying in chairs and just sitting around and watching the other games around TV.
Speaker 9: Playing behind Yoshiobu today, how impressive was he especially here at Course Field.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: You know, the splitter was really good.
Speaker 10: It's uh, it's not usually a pitch at Corse Field that does a lot. And you know his was moving today, which was a good sign, and he was commanding it and uh, you know it was it was fun to be behind him. And it suck that we had to raindo Lake because I think he could have went nine today.
Speaker 4: But you know, it just nature.
Speaker 9: Happens so much has already happened to only two games and you guys have won the series. But is this something that just happens here at Course Field, whether it's whether things that just happened in the game.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, know what's gonna happen here. You're playing on the moon. You know, I've seen crazy things happen here. We came here in July a couple of years ago and it was snowing on us. So you know, it's just you never know what's gonna happen in Course Field.
Speaker 9: Well, Max, congratulations on this win and the series win.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right, Max Mounsey. Last night, What a night, what a heater. He is on two for four. He had that two run single on the ball lost in the rain drops in the sixth inning, and then a grand slam four hundred and eighteen feet to right center field to Coors Field in this seventh inning. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents are standing by to take your donations as cars with the K to donate your car today. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup David Besngo's one on one with Keith k Hernandez. But up next we'll get you an injury report and we hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts Lean you up to Dodgers and Rockies Clayton Kershaw chasing three thousand strikeouts, first pitch at twelve ten. I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 1: Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck continues. As we lead, you have to first pitch Dodgers and the Rockies Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Clayton Kershaw eight strikeouts away from three thousand in his career. Will he get it today? We'll find out. First pitch coming up at twelve ten. This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Some good news. Luis Garcia, Dodger reliever activated today. He is off the injured list with that right adductor injury. So the Dodgers getting another bullpen arm back and ready to go today in Denver, Tony Gonston on the sixty day il Tyler glassnow Blake Snow Or Blake Snell Rookie Sasaki, Blake trying to Bruce Dark Gratterole all on the il with arm in trees. All right, we head back out to Denver and checko the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 4: Any questions for Dave, Dave?
Speaker 6: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 3: The dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 11: All right, So from the manager's seat, when you have a future Hall of Famer just eight strikeouts away from three thousand.
Speaker 4: What does it mean to you and just to the game today.
Speaker 12: Well, I think right now Clayton's preparing to win, to prepare for the game. We're preparing for the game, certainly being ate away, there's a lot of anticipation in our clubhouse, obviously with media, the fans that are.
Speaker 4: Here that are not here.
Speaker 12: As we get a little bit closer, I think my kind of anxiousness will start to build. So right now, I still feel like I'm in a good spot. But for baseball, it's you know, we love milestones, and Clayton has done everything the right way on the field off the field over a long period of time, and so to finally get to I guess ultimately the last box he needs to check, you know, for his future Hall of Fame careers. At three thousand strikeout threshold, we're all waiting in anticipation. So whether it's here or back home in Los Angeles, will see.
Speaker 11: Do you believe he has to fight trying to chase those strikeouts, kind of like a guy going for his four hundredth or five hundredth home run.
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 12: I think there's a little bit of you know, one part of it, I'm sure he wants to do it in Los Angeles. The other part of it is he wants to get it over with. I think it's all it's going to be. It's inevitable. It's going to be hard not to think that he's you know, gets two strikes and tries to go for the punch out. But that's what he's always done, you know, so that doesn't really change.
Speaker 11: Have you had any conversations in the context of all this for today, No, not.
Speaker 4: At all, not at all.
Speaker 12: I just kind of let him prepare as he always has.
Speaker 1: All Right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts talking about Clayton Kershaw again, eight strikeouts away from three thousand in his career. He could do it today at Corus Field. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck more of that with David Va say, as we lead you up to first pitch from Denver Dodgers Rockies first pitch at twelve ten, I'm Tim Casey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino.
Speaker 7: Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball lead.
Speaker 1: You up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Thursday. Clayton Kershaw, Austin Gomber, the pitching matchup first pitch and Denver coming up at twelve ten.
Speaker 3: Joining Tim kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 1: And David now joins us on this getaway day, the Dodgers and Rockies from Denver that is off to Kansas City Clayton Kershaw. David gets to start today, a big start for Clayton as he gets closer to the three thousand strikeout milestone.
Speaker 11: He's very aware of it as well Tim, and this is a family trip, so his wife and kids are all here to witness possible Kershaw history with him on the verge of three thousand strikeouts. Now, I've been telling people this may be a setup for a more storybook type of situation where he would achieve three thousand strikeouts at home against the White Sox in his next start. So, being eight strikeouts away, I could see five today and then four or three at the very least, and his next start at home and be able to celebrate with the hometown fans, but he joined us this past Sunday, if you remember, and he was very open about the reality that he's on the doorstep of joining only Steve Carleton, C. C. Sabatia, and Randy Johnson as the only left handed pitchers in baseball history to record three thousand strikeouts in their career.
Speaker 4: It's taken a.
Speaker 13: Little while, taking a little longer than I thought, but uh no, you know, I'm really just trying to pitch. You know, at the end of the day, the strikeouts are supposed to happen, and uh, they'll just come when they come. But it is getting closer. You're starting to feel it a little bit more, and uh, you know, I try not to pay too much attention to it, but you know, I am thankful. My teammates are excited for me, and Freddie especially keeps reminding me. So it's, uh, that is that is cool. I mean it shows that they care and they want me to, you know, do something cool like that. So I do appreciate that. That's cool.
Speaker 11: You hear about hitters when they're on the doorstep of five hundred, they kind of go into a little prolonged slump trying to hit that home run.
Speaker 4: Is it different for a pitcher, Well, I.
Speaker 13: Think so you got more opportunities to strike people out, you know, I think, uh, you know, you only get four maybe five at bats a game, So that that that's a little more understandable.
Speaker 1: You know, I.
Speaker 13: Shouldn't I shouldn't go on a strikeout out that bad. You know, we are going to Colorado next, but make make get it through that one and then see where we are.
Speaker 11: So this is the most open I've been around Kershaw during his career tim where he's acknowledging these type of markers and milestones because in the past he wouldn't even come close to touching it. So that just shows you the perspective of a father expecting his fifth child now a little baby girl as he told us, and also being in the league for eighteen years.
Speaker 1: David is brought to you by the twenty twenty five Ford F one fifty from California's best selling truck brand. It's time to see Ford in a new light take advantage of employee pricing through the end of June. David, this is a Dodgers team that came off that long stretch of games against teams over five hundred. They had the Nationals over the weekend, and this Rockies team in Denver. We saw in the opener on Tuesday night, this Dodgers team able to come back and get the win. Does this team have trouble getting up for a series like this or being around the guys? Are they veteran enough to that, Hey, you got to motivate yourself to get ready for a team like the Rockies with not a lot of people in attendance.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And also the fact that even though the Rockies are the worst team in baseball and are on pace to have more losses than any other team in baseball history, this ballpark is a wildcard of a ballpark, and that is somewhat of an equalizer, especially when you're facing a Rockies team that has nothing to lose and this is their World Series. Every time they play the Dodgers this season, it's going to be the biggest series of the season for them. So you have to take that into account as well, that the Rockies are going to play their best, whatever level that is against the Dodgers and this ballpark.
Speaker 4: Weird things happen no matter how bad they are.
Speaker 1: Freddie Freeman struggling as of late. David you know him very well. You can see the frustration in his face, and this is a guy who's doing everything possible to try to figure out what's going on to play right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and I love that Freddie as been such a great teammate with this whole Kershaw getting closer to three thousand strikeouts, because Freddie, going back to fifteen, sixteen and even now at eight, is the guy that's been reminding the entire team how many strikeouts away. Clayton Kershaw is from his three thousandth career strikeouts. So even though June has not been good to Freddie Freeman, he still has been a really good teammate to others, including Clayton Kershaw.
Speaker 4: And he's going to break out of this.
Speaker 11: But it's been unusual to see him swing at pitches that he normally doesn't chase. But I would expect this not to last too much longer.
Speaker 1: All right, Dave, great stuff. We'll check you out on sports net LA. Coming up here, I'm wronggo Casino Dodgers on deck. We will hear it from Rick Monday. But up next we dive deeper with this Dodgers magical moment. Yes, we go back in Dodger history. As we lead up to first pitching Denver Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Kasister, World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Rockies. Clayton Kershaw on the mound on this Thursday in Denver, eight strikeouts away from three thousand in his career. First pitch coming up at twelve, ten.
Speaker 14: Ig, who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by.
Speaker 3: Hawpy hot Ts.
Speaker 1: We go back over ten years June second, twenty fifteen, Dodgers and Denver taking on the Rockies. Of course, corus Field, you can be the ninth inning. You could be trailing by five runs, and you can come back and win a game, just like the Dodgers down to their last strike, trailing eight to five on this June night in Denver, when Alex Guerrero hit a go ahead grand.
Speaker 4: Slam, rollins at second, heisy over at first.
Speaker 6: They lead off.
Speaker 2: Here's Bettencour's one two pitch fly ball center field. That's hit pretty well. Going back at center as black Man looks up and it is gone a grand slam home run by Alex Guerrero, and lightning has struck here at corrs Field. The Dodgers down to their final strike and Guerrero delivers again on the road a grand Salami and the Dodgers take the nine to eight lead. Oh mine, oh my is right?
Speaker 1: Rick Monday Rafael Bethan Courts gives up a grand Slam to Alex Guerrero in the ninth in even as the Dodgers come back and beat the Rockies in Denver. You never know what's gonna happen at Corrusfield. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs Coffee Sokw's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfy hot Dogs Local and so great. Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with the same Rick Monday, oh my, as we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Rockies. I'm Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 1: Dodgers, Rockies, Clayton Kershaw eight strikeouts away from getting to three thousand. Austin Gomber will go for the Rockies first pitch, coming up at twelve.
Speaker 7: Ten and now joined by David Masse. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Rick, it is Kershaw Day.
Speaker 11: He's in single digits away from three thousand, and Dave Roberts said, you know, it's gonna be uh interesting to see how many he can get today.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I figured it's right on the verge of sending a record. And the reason I know that is that you arrive with a coat and tie today because you're doing a dual purpose radio and television today.
Speaker 6: You've come a long way, David.
Speaker 2: Thanks Rick, I appreciate it all the way from LA to Denver. Yeah, exactly, and you tonight it'll be to Kansas City.
Speaker 11: Well, I felt like I couldn't wear a polo on Kershaw Day with a milestone in reach.
Speaker 6: This is really something.
Speaker 2: And you Clayton's had his children out here on the field to each of the first two days. A little bit different today since he's going to be pitching. But I think anytime that you look at someone who's had the success that Clayton Kershaw has had in his just brilliant career. This is something to watch and he's fully aware of where he is as far as history in the three thousand strikeouts. More importantly, for Clayton Kershaw trying to win a ball game today.
Speaker 11: Rick, do you believe that he has to fight from getting eight strikeouts or do you feel like he came control all of this?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I think he has a good controlled Question is what about the breaking ball?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 2: He is pitching against a team that has a high number of strikeouts. For example, they struck out eleven times last night, they being the Conrabado Rockies, and they struck out what was it twelve times in Game one of this series. So you know they have some guys that have swing and miss. But we'll find out what happens to that. More importantly, Dodgers want a victory. And we have just gone past the halfway poll of the season. This is game number eighty two, so through eighty one, fifty percent of the season under the Dodgers belt, five and a half game lead now on the Western Division in front of both San Francisco and San Diego.
Speaker 11: And now the Dodgers and Tigers, the only two teams in Major League Baseball rick with fifty wins. That says a lot for all the injuries the Dodgers have had to their pitching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me throw some history by you on this date, David Bassey, because it was on this date. Actually we go back to nineteen nineteen. It was the Cleveland Indians that actually put numbers on their uniform, but they only did it for a few weeks. It did not become official until April sixteenth, nineteen twenty nine. Two teams were going to do it. It was going to be Cleveland and the New York Yankees. It was the Indians at the time that only did it on that particular date. The Yankees are going to do it, but their game was rained out, So technically it was the Indians nineteen nineteen to put them on, but only for a few weeks. Actually, the Cardinals tried to do it also in nineteen twenty three put numbers on. Oddly enough, there was reports that it had a negative impact on the team because and this is a quote, because of the continuing embarrassment to the players. The numbers were removed. That quote by branch Rickey, who was with Saint Louis at the time.
Speaker 4: Interesting, and I thought that when the Yankees.
Speaker 2: Put you, I brought this up because your numbers, guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love Jersey numbers.
Speaker 11: And with the Yankees the Bronx Bombers, wasn't Babe Ruth wearing number three because he hit third in the lineup.
Speaker 2: And that's what they did did They put the sports jerseys numbers, for example, Babe Ruth and Luke Gerrick. Ruth was three and Gerk was four, but they did the order of the banding order that was the corresponding number.
Speaker 4: Where was sixteen?
Speaker 11: In all this not playing, Thanks, Rick, should be a fun day here at course their coating ty boy. All right, I'll take the code off later. Right now, we got Kershaw Day. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV. That's the Dodgers game plan today. Dodger fans, you need a game plan to start your future at a California community college. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, sometimes even the rents. Time to take that next big step. What are you waiting for? Class is gonna fill it quickly and I can go to college dot com still to come. Here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a premium in this pitching matchup with Clayton Kershaw on the mouth, Rick. We'll be back with Tim never. They're going to get you the keys to the game before first pitch. But up next we go high and tight with Keith Day Hernandez Dodgers, Rockies, that be Kershaw and everybody. First pitch at twelve ten. I'm Tim Kas's world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio knowlo.
Speaker 7: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Lead you up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Thursday. Clayton Kershaw eight strikeouts away from three thousand in his Hall of Fame career. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by zench Sushi, made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passion and her tradition. You can taste. Where can you find it? Well, you can find Zen She right near the deli counter at Ralph's. Yeah, so easy to find. They got all the roles you're looking for. My personal favorite, the mango crunchy dragon rule. They got the poke bowls, they got all the platters. Everything you want find Zench hand craft in sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 11: We're sitting with the man that has been teammates with Clayton Kershaw longer than any player on this roster, and that's the one and only Key k Hernandez, who is starting in left field today behind Kershaw.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're welcome. I didn't really get a choice, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know you want to spend more quality time with me.
Speaker 6: No, I'm doing this for Kurse, not for you, but yes, whatever you need.
Speaker 11: Okay, thank you, and it's great to have you in the starting lineup behind Kershaw. You obviously are aware that he's only eight strikeouts away from three thousand. What does he meant to you as a teammate.
Speaker 6: I think Kurtsch has been an inspiration.
Speaker 15: You know, I got here a lot of strikeouts ago, and when I got here, he was in the midst of one of the greatest runs that pitcher has ever put together. And if you didn't know who, if you didn't know the name, if you weren't aware of who he was, what he had done the game, and you just observed the way that he handled his business and the way that he worked and his routine and all that, you would think that he'd be a guy that wasn't even establishing the big leagues, you know, guy that was hungry, guy doing whatever it took to stay at the big league level. He worked harder than anybody in the in that locker room. You never just and you never saw him just sitting in his locker. He was always doing something. And you know for him to do that, you know, coming off an MVP season's third ste young and.
Speaker 6: He was I would say the best way to if I had to describe in one word, it was a perfectionist.
Speaker 11: How would you describe the way your friendship, your relationship with him has grown since twenty fifteen.
Speaker 6: It's grown a lot. I mean, I he with my personality.
Speaker 15: It's not easy to be around pictures that you can't necessarily talk to on the start day. So we we we butt heads a few times the first couple of years.
Speaker 6: But uh, but no, man U.
Speaker 15: You know he's uh, we can't be any we can't be more different, but we're very similar at the same time when it comes to to baseball and all this, all these things. So you know, I see Curse as a great example for for for a lot of things, you know, leading the pitching staff, leading by example in the locker room, A great family man, great great dad. You know, Curse is one of those guys that is, if you have to teach show your kids how to handle themselves.
Speaker 11: You you you show them Curse when you look at him, even though you're a position player, do you feel like he sets the tone for everybody else to raise their level of work ethic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's exactly what we're always trying to get at. The first question.
Speaker 15: You know, uh, guy that has done that much and he's still working that hard, It just it pushes you. It inspires you to work harder and and and keep trying to improve your game. And of course he's a he's a he's a very much, very very different picture than when when I first got to this team.
Speaker 6: But if it wasn't for his work.
Speaker 15: Ethic and and and his dedication and and his just higher to be better each and every day.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 15: The evolution of Clayton, not just as a as a guy, but as a pitcher has been incredible. And you know, to still be out there and and his stuff is a lot different, you'd say that than ten years ago.
Speaker 6: Uh, he's got new pitches, but uh, you.
Speaker 15: Know, and he still goes out there and and and manage manages the manages to to keep him off off the off the board scoring runs.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 6: You know, it's it's really impressive.
Speaker 15: And you know, uh, every time I hear that's on a Dodger stadium, it puts me in a better mood. And it's just maybe it's a coincidence, but some of my better games as a Dodger have been behind Clayton.
Speaker 4: Is that for everybody? Does it?
Speaker 11: Does it raise the level of focus and intensity when you play behind him?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean whenever you have those guys on the mound, you just you want to be great for them behind them, and especially guys that have found the strikes on the way that he does.
Speaker 6: He gets a lot of early contact.
Speaker 15: Guys are trying to trying to get out of the batter's box as soon as they can, so that they don't strike out there. You know, he has the curve boy as a slider, he has a fastball, so guys don't want to get to two strikes with him. So a lot of guys swing early, and he manufactures a lot of weak contact because he throws a lot of pitches off the strike zone that looks like strikes, and guys are are you know, being too aggressive because they don't want to get to two strikes, And he gets a lot of early contacts, so he keeps you, he keeps you active on the defensive side.
Speaker 6: He never puts you on.
Speaker 15: Your heels by you know, just walk in the house or anything like that. And of course he's Clayton Kershew, so you just want to make the place for him. And I've been fortunate enough to play behind him a lot and make a lot of really nice place for him.
Speaker 11: K He said that Freddy Freeman has made him aware as he gets closer to three thousand strikeouts? How aware and how much do you think he's aware of going into today and fighting against trying to chase those strikeouts?
Speaker 15: He knows, he's he's very aware, you know, Clayton, he's a he's a very self aware person.
Speaker 6: He always knows what he needs to do. He's a he's he's I know it for a fact.
Speaker 15: He's aware because we had a conversation about him potentially flying some of his former catchers for the day that he could get the three thousand strikeout in a perfect world. He he he does it at home, but I honestly would love to be behind him when he gets those that three thousand strikeout, and if he can do it today, that'd be amazing. That way we can just get it out of the way and focus on just.
Speaker 6: The rest of the season.
Speaker 15: But yeah, he's aware, and he's he's joked around like he's like, what if I'm sitting atween nine, nine ninety nine and I want to get that last strikeout on a heater and I try to overthrow it and he never get that strikeout. But he's gonna get that strikeout, and it doesn't really matter what pitch he uses, because you know, the only pitch that would that would not be an iconic strikeout would be the split just because he hasn't had that. Of his three thousand, not many of them have been on a split. But either way, three thousand strikeout is allowed to strikeouts and that's why not many pitchers have done it. And you know, it's it's always special when you get to be part of a small part of history.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's awesome that you're here for it.
Speaker 11: It's awesome that you're in the starting lineup playing behind Kershaw and hopefully whenever he gets that three thousand strikeout, you'll be there behind him as well.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 15: Amazing if I'm behind the play or behind the behind him on the field and you're doing television like that's wow, unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 4: Another great moment in Denver.
Speaker 6: Another great moment in Denver. Thanks a lot, Thank you so much.
Speaker 11: There he is, Key K Hernandez. Don't let him fool you. Intense focus, ready to go.
Speaker 1: You can hear the focus in his voice. David, Thank you very much, Thank you, KEYK. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com. We're leading you up to first bitch him. Denver Dodgers and Rockies. Final game of this three games that Dodgers going for the sweep. Clayton Kershaw going for a career mileson. We'll dive deeper to that when we come back. I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodge Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 1: Dodgers and Rockies. Final game of this three game set from the mile Highest City Dodgers first place atop the NL West goal for the sweep over the lowly Rockies. First pitch twelve ten.
Speaker 7: And now before the Dodgers hit the dineck, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 1: Comes in about your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard and play hard in a New Tacoma with an I Force Turbo Chartist engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Thirty one year old left hander Austin Gomber on the mound for the rockiesh to one with an eight thirty eight ERA. Former fourth round pick of the Cardinals in twenty fourteen, his eighth season, now in the big league's fifth with the Rockies since coming over in the Nolan Aernado Trade, making just his third start this season. He's been injured. His first start was five shotout innings against the Braves. Last start was four and two third innings against the Diamondbacks. He gave up nine runs on twelve hits, including three home runs against the Dodgers. Austin Gombert zero to four with a five to eighty nine RORA in nine appearances in his career. Clayton Kershaw, the future Hall of Famer thirty seven year old left hander, in his eighteenth season wearing a Dodger uniform. Only Bill Russell has done this longer than Clayton Kershaw as far as wearing an LA Dodger uniform in eighteen seasons three and three with a three thirty one er ray. Making his eighth start this year last time out, Clayton Kershaw five innings, two runs, five hits, four strikeouts in a win over the Washington Nationals. Clayton Kershaw now eight strikeouts away from becoming the twentieth player ever in Major League Baseball history to reach three thousand strikeouts. Against the Rockies in his career twenty seven and eleven with a three thirty r ray, He's facing him for the first time though since August to twenty twenty three, where he went five innings, lob three hits, one run, a home run, and struck out four in the last time he faced the Rockies. He's eight away from three thousand. Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers and Denver to take on the Rockies. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game, our next I'm Tim Kass, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All Season.
Speaker 1: Low Dodgers and Rockies. Clayton Kershaw warming up in the bullpen at Corus Field in Denver. The thirty seven year old future Hall of Famer eight strikeouts away from reaching three thousand in his career. Can he do it today? He's got twenty four strikeouts in his first seven starts this year, so it's gonna need to go deep into this game or get a lot of punch outs here early on to get to those eight strikeouts. Well, the first pitch coming up at twelve to ten. Before that, though, it's head back out to the boot. Tim Neverrick Monday guys.
Speaker 5: Tim, thanks again, we get you ready for this one. Here on a beautiful afternoon in Denver, Colorado, Clayton Kershaw three to zero and a three to three to one earned run average. Here's a number well that we've been updating each time Kershaw pitches. It's just an incredible stat when the Dodgers score four or more runs for him when he is in a ballgame. His record is one hundred and fifty five wins and three losses.
Speaker 2: And they came into last night's ballgame. They have averaged six point eight runs a game of recent time. So put some things on the board. One quick comment, high sky, no clouds. This could be an issue. As far as fly balls, Andy Pahy is kind of referring to it. Early this morning might be a good day to get a lot of ground ball.
Speaker 5: Outs and the Dodgers like to get a lot of balls in the air. Against Austin Gomber, he's all in one. His era is eight thirty eight. Freddie Freeman hitting four to twenty nine against him with two home runs, Betts for twenty nine with a home run. In shohel Tony hitting three sixty four with two home runs and a triple against Gombers. So that's the pitching matchup Gomber and Clayton Kershaw's We get you set for the third and final game. Dodgers hoping to pull out the brooms here this afternoon in downtown Denver.
Speaker 1: Tim it could be a big day. Dodger fans. Don't go anywhere wherever you're at and joining lunch, you're at work, driving around. Keep it right here on the Dodgers and Rockies finale from Denver. Could see three thousand strikeouts in the future. Here for Clayton Kershaw as he is eight away from reaching that milestone. This has Ben Morogo Cansino Dodgers on deck. First pitches next right here, I'm the world champion, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio new