Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray WBZ Causton's Radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much, Dan, as we move into our second hour here on a Wednesday night. It's February nineteenth for those of you keeping score at home or wherever you might find yourself, and we are talking this hour about the demolition of White Stadium. It's intriguing to me as a story because it's become an issue in the mayoral race. But it's also an intriguing issue to me as a story because this venerable facility that you know, you can say it's old, but it's served its purpose in Boston for many years, is now I guess, undergoing a complete demolition or the demolition has started, even though there is a trial some of the organizations and groups, the community groups and also a group there's a conservancy which has filed suit against the city. And this joining us right now is Boston Merrow Kennedy, Josh Kraft, who was there with some demonstrators today, people who were protesting what's going on. Josh, Welcome back to Night's Side. Could you paint the scene for us today bitterly cold day and you had we talked last hour at the end of the last hour with a Statehouse reporter who covered this. Had to be a lot of people pretty dedicated to be out in that sort of weather today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dan, thanks and thank you for having me again. I'm always always open and love coming on your show.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Very, very cold today. But really the passion, the commitment and the feelings of just the strong, strong feelings from the folks that were out there today was pretty powerful. It's people that have used the park from generations, you know, families, generations using the park, to families with young kids to use the park. And again, as I started, I mean you could feel their passion and their love of the park and their their sadness or their intense sadness for what's going on.
Speaker 2: Well, and this is it's a wonderful location. Some people in Boston have never been there. But you have the Franklin Park golf course, you have the Franklin Park Zoo, you have White Stadium, and they're all within this this this green space in the center of you know, Dorchester, Jamaica. Plane touches a little bit on roslind Dale or whatever it's it's it's a wonderful location. And right now the city has worked out this deal. It's it's I guess the city's intention is to have it host a women's professional soccer team. But in addition to the demolition of the park, and Josh, you know a lot more about this than I do, my understanding is that there are dozens of trees that are going to be taken down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's over one hundred and forty trees. I don't know the I think I'm going to I think it's one hundred and forty five, but don't hold me to that. But I know it's one hundred.
Speaker 2: We could stay in that feet. That's a dozen scores of trees here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, why have they taken the trees aren't on the playing surface of the prospective soccer stadium or what was was a what was a high school football complex for decades for Boston school kids.
Speaker 2: Why why do one hundred and forty trees have to bite the dust?
Speaker 5: I think it's for the bigger vision, which would entail like a.
Speaker 3: Concession, a novelty concession stand, or a beer garden, maybe egress entrance and egress. I don't have all the specifics on that, but I know.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that there's going to be some element to parking here that instead of having trees, it's there's going to be crowds coming in periodically, I guess from sometime in March through late October to witness soccer matches. Tell us about the people who you were dealing with. The folks who were out there today, it looked to me to be a very interesting crowd of young people, older people, uh, mixed, you know, different backgrounds, different races. That it's it looked like a wonderful group of people. Tell us a little bit about the folks that you met today at that demonstration.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dan, thanks, It truly it is now that it truly was a community of different people, all with a true, uh an unequivocal love of the park. And you know, there are folks who, as I mentioned, generations had you know, their family had gone to the park for generations, they had grown up going to the park. They they're older. Now there's families with young kids who use the park consistently, or families of color, white families, some folks who are hearing into folks from Charlestown, folks from Savin Hills. It wasn't just people that touched the park every day. But just a lot of people that love the park and feel passionate about it. And you could feel the energy when you were there this morning. It was cold, but they were staying warm.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that there must be a lot of people who live in the Dorchester Roxby Mattapan community who have watched the zoo is a fabulous institution that draws people from all over the world to visit. The golf course for golfers is wonderful urban golf course. Remember Mayor Menino used to love to play that golf course. He prefer to play that. Then he used to prefer to tell me, you prefer to play that over playing the Brookline Country Club, although I think it played. He was a very good he was a good golfer. But you had this stadium which the city, it seems, has not maintained. It's fallen into disrepair. It's almost as if if I lived in that community and I grew up in Boston, but I didn't, I didn't live contiguous or within a mile or two of the park. I would feel a little betrayed at this point. That wait a second, A public green space that my kids and myself and maybe grandkids have played in and utilized now is going to be turned into a more private venture for for a group of folks who probably would have trouble finding White Stadium without a road map. I mean, this this lot of irony here in my opinion, Josh, I don't know if you sense that or or have since that when you're when you're out and about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's definitely Dan. I think you captured the spirit of the folks, the community of folks that were there this morning, and you know, have been passionate about the park since, you know, for a long time, long before I met any of them. And I do feel like, you know, that's part of their argument is you've ignored it for so long and while a sudden from zero these are my words, zero to one hundred miles an hour, what about going thirty five miles an hour and fixing just the high school with a part of the one hundred million dollars, or to fix parts of it and maintain a kess for BPS.
Speaker 2: And I know that, I know one of the concerns is that because of the length of the professional softball season, I mean, this team in Massachusetts, which is supposed to start play in twenty twenty six is joining a women's professional soccer league that have already a schedule that I think it starts in March and then it went way wins its way through the wonderful months of you know, May, June, July, August, September into October, and they have their playoffs and their championship and that's not going to change. It's that that White Stadium facility is not going to be used for high school football, I assume while during the soccer the professional soccer season, because the team has now a lease there. This this, this is just the whole aspect of this that troubles me. And I'm going to hope that I'm going to let you go because you've had a long day, but I want to thank you for your activism here because it's you are fighting city This is what I hate to put it like that, Josh, but you're fighting city hall, and of course in turn running for city Hall. There's gonna be a lot of issues we want to talk with you about over the next few months, and I think you put a stake in the ground that this is an important issue to you. And if you were our elected mayor, will there be anything that you can do to to sort of turn this around. That would be not that would really be my last question. You would not take office until sometime in January, if you if you succeed in November.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I'm honored enough to become the mayor, that wouldn't be tilled January. But I know there's a court case beginning March eighteenth on this whole issue. A bunch of folks, you know that we're out there today, are part of a case, you know, trying to stop you know, the city from carrying forward with the project. So I think that's what I said. I mean, we need to take a pause. We need to at least pause till the court and the judicial process plays out, and then just see where we end up. I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'll tell you standing a little back further from this dispute than you. I don't understand why any judge would not have considered very seriously issuing a temporary restraining order, because one of the elements I know of temporary restraining orders as a lawyer is you have to prove a fairly good likelihood even maybe a better chance of winning than losing. But the other is irreparable damage. Obviously, literally figuratively irreparable damage is being done to this facility now on a day to day basis. And if they are able to destroy this facility, why bother with the trial? I mean, talk about ignoring the judicial system. They're just going full speed ahead. And there's something about that that that that really just doesn't strike me as being honest and the way the system is supposed to work. So we're going to continue to follow this one, and you're you're welcome any night here jogs to it to talk about it. Thank you so much for joining us tonight, and thank you thanks for taking up this you too, my friend. We'll talk soon, Josh. By the way, folks want to get in touch with you on this or any other issue, what's the best way they can do that?
Speaker 3: Uh can go to our website Josh for Boston dot Com.
Speaker 2: Perfect, Okay, it couldn't be couldn't be more direct, Josh for Boston dot Com, Josh Kraft, Thank you very much. Thank thanks, Josh. Talk soon when we get back. I want to just open up the phone lines and hear from those of you who have a feeling about this.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Some of you played high school sports in this park, Some of you live in the surrounding communities, and obviously the closer you are to Franklin Park, the more likely that you avail yourself of the zoo, that you avail yourself maybe of walking in the in the in the area, walk the golf course or whatever, and enjoy maybe high school football and track in the fall. Is this something that you're concerned about. I am concerned about it because it is it is. It's It's a facility that was ignored for decades. It was allowed to fall into disrepair. And if I lived in that area, you know, contiguous to the park, I would not want to see that green space changed, and I'd like to see it upgraded, to be honest with you. But to see one hundred and forty five or so trees eliminated now, Crystal Epinskey said in the segment before nine o'clock In Fairness, Chris reported to us that the city has committed to replanting trees. But look, it takes a long time to blow to grow a tree. As someone once said, when's the best time to plant a tree yesterday? Because if you knock down trees that have been there for a while, you talk about green space in the city. In most urban areas it's mostly cemented concrete. So we got lots to talk about. I hope you'll feel free to join the conversation. Here are the numbers six one, seven, two five for ten thirty that's one line or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Those are the two lines six one seven both six one seven two five four ten thirty or nine three one ten thirty. Let's light them up and let's talk about it. And if you feel that this is the greatest thing that's ever happened to Franklin Park and you want to put a plug in for it, let me know we uh, if you feel like I do that there are more questions. Is the answers here I'd love to hear from as well. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 7: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Nightside Studios on w b Z the news Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to go right to the phones here and again, feel free to explain to me what your interest is in the story. Let me start it off with Bill in Boston. Bill, welcome to Nightside.
Speaker 5: How are you sir, Good evening, Dan, This is Bill right, How are you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Hi, Bill? How are you. I got your email the other day, I believe, is that not correct? Yes, so you've decided that you're going to take a shot at the big office as well.
Speaker 5: Yes, I announced it even to a number of people that I was waiting for a mayor of the city of Boston.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell us what your thought is about. You know, we just had Josh Krafton, who was at that demonstration today, who's already announced from mayor. What's your thought on White Stadium? You you know that community very well over the years.
Speaker 5: Well as you remember Dan on Friday at the noons when they were football games, we would leave and head up to White Stadium by public transportation. Those games were great. Of course, you know the city teams like Boston Tech and Boston English now that's played there, and as you.
Speaker 2: Also know, and to mention Boston Latin School too, well, yes.
Speaker 5: Yes I've forgotten them. But of course the Thanksgiving game every year was played at Harvard Stadium between Boston Latin and Boston English. But I think this problem right now, the solution is relatively simple to have the Women's Soccer League speak with the new president of Boston University, Melissa Gilliam who not only is he a physician, but she was the provost for Ohio State before recently beginning of a new job at BU. The facility, as you know, was a place where the Patriots used to play, and when they were the Boston Patriots, they also played at Fenway. But the facilities to accommodate a women's soccer league are right there for BU, which has parking space, which has the Green Line, which has numerous restaurants and other things go on Comwealth Avenue as well has the scenic river to look at from that location. I think that that was a solution for the women's soccer league having their place to play. That emotion was put put forward by Ed Flynn, But as far as I know, the city administration has not contacted doctor Gilliam on the side of Franklin Park. It's amazing to me that the price went from fifty million to one hundred million. They didn't see any explanation of why the price doubled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you things about what It's interesting. It didn't mean to your up bill, but you mentioned the Patriots used to play at what now I guess it's called Nickerson Field. Of course, the Boston Braves long ago used to play baseball. That was the home of the team that became the Milwaukee Braves and is now now the Atlanta Braves. But it was also the home of the the football team, the Boston Breakers, as late as the nineteen eighties. And so you're right, that's a that's a piece of real estate that is totally underused and could be used, and it's got good seating facility there, and it would be a great location, scenic location. May I was just going to say that Mayor Will seems to be just dead set in favor of substantially changing the whole structure in the atmosphere of Franklin Park.
Speaker 5: It's a bad one. When she was talking about taking trees out of Malcolm X's rocking down trees there Malcolm Park from the Washington Park, the neighbors protested because one hundred year old trees were being knocked down. The Ward administration said that they would pause and have discussion further, but the community thought they meant what they said. They kept knocking the trees down even aftery're pledging that they would not. They don't seem to realize that when you make pledges of the politician or promises to any constituency. You have to do what you say you're going to do.
Speaker 2: Well, go ahead. I didn't mean to interrapt go ahead, Bilt, I.
Speaker 5: Say, shell Wu has some problems with veracity, and she falls back on you know. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it as you said. Why not have a restraining order and have a pause to work it out prior to going forward, pledging forward? And the White Stadium is not named for Kevin White, as you know, it's the Jewish Robert White on the stadium for the philanthropists who left much to Boston. And you may remember, I don't know you're older than me, Onta Dan, I'm class of six. I'm class of sixty nine.
Speaker 9: What are you?
Speaker 2: Sixty six?
Speaker 5: Okay, so we're in the building the same time. But the wife of.
Speaker 2: The White Boston Latin School, just in case anybody is.
Speaker 5: Confused in Okay, Boston Latin School. Yeah, sixteen thirty five, cold wolf Pack. So the thing is, when we were children at elementary school, every year the students had the best grades in the particular school, we received a reward of five dollars. And at the William Bacon School, I got that award two years in a row, third and fourth grade. Then in fifth grade, I was at the Sherwin School in Madison Old Madison Park in South End, and I won the award again and my mother came to the ceremony and the principal, mister Mead, was about to reward me the five dollar bill, and my mother said, Uh, he's one that a few times. Why don't you give it to somebody else? Now? Back in those days, five dollars but a little candy for child, right, you remember that? Right then? I couldn't believe them.
Speaker 2: A lot of baseball cards.
Speaker 5: Yes, but find toes with a lot of money right for kids, you know at that time. And the funny thing about when I look back on it is that reward was an incentive. I knew, you know, academics was interested in me about wanting to go to school and so on. But I saw the connection between education and money, and I have an idea for improving the attendance in the Boston public schools. I was proposed to.
Speaker 2: Let's let's say, let's let me say that bill for the next time we have you. Audi. I want to stay on.
Speaker 5: Dan like I'm going to very quickly you'll like it. I propose that every Boston student that completes a term a semester with full attendance no absence is well receive one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's great. We'll talk about that in greater length and greater length. Bill. I respect you very much. You know that. But I'm well into my newscast here and I might be running for mayor of Boston and moving into the city because they'll fire me here if I don't get to the newscast. Bill, I got to run. We'll have you back, I promise. Thanks. Okay, all right, go bough bls app sumas PREMI thank you, Thanks very much. Bill. We'll take a break if you want to talk about White Stadium. Bill is a candidate from mayor. I don't know if he's official yet or not, but he had sent me an email the other days at Boston Latin School graduate and a good friend, good man. But we talked with Josh Kraft, who is a candidate running from mayor. Right now, you heard what Josh Craft had to say. I want to hear from people in Austin or anyone who avails themselves of Franklin Park six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. I got a couple of lines there and a one line at six one seven nine. Coming right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray. I'm Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Now feel free, folks. This is an opportunity for you to express your opinion. If if, if I think that the Mayor's office will listen to a program like this, and if they don't hear people actively concerned and opposed, they will just say, hey, why not do what we want to do. Let's go next to Elizabeth, who's calling in from Salem. Hey Elizabeth, welcome to Nightside. How are you.
Speaker 10: Great? I love your show. I found out to the last caller that you were at Boston Latin around the time my brother was so there you go.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 10: How about that small world white stadium?
Speaker 2: All right, Elizabeth, we're having trouble with your connection, so we're going to ask you to do is don't don't hang up. Rob is gonna gonna help you find a better spot in your home on your cell phone to get in contact with us. So stay right there. We're not gonna catch you off. I'll get right back to you. Uh In a moment. Once Rob gets you squared away, let me go to Dave in West Roxbury. Great to hear from West Roxbury. Dave. How are you.
Speaker 5: Tonight, dud?
Speaker 9: Very well, first call.
Speaker 2: First time calling. All right, thank you very much. What's your thought of what's going on in White Stadium?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 9: If well, I went to Boston Land School.
Speaker 2: Hey we're having that's like Aunion tonight.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I played baseball after there was a kid at Franklin Park. Sure batch of kite festivals, played golf. I just think this is a terrible idea because it's a long neighborhood for it, and I don't know how they play on parking thousands of cars there.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the things they're doing is they're knocking down a whole bunch of trees, which make no sense to me. I mean, that's the of Franklin Park. We talk in They'll talk in the summertime about the heat index in the city and they'll say that because the city has so much concrete, it doesn't have enough trees, and that people you know, who live in the city, it's always hotter and more unpleasant to live. Uh, you know, in an urban area when you don't have shade, and they're going to knock down one hundred and forty five trees whatever the number that Josh Kraft quoted for us and in Franklin Park. That seems to me to be an absolute insult to that entire community. It's like, we're going to fix this for people who make him in from the suburbs to watch a soccer match, which is great, but you know, good luck if you've lived here and you've struggled with you know, some facilities that should have been been improved, you know, many many years ago, and we're just gonna knock it down. Even though there's a court case scheduled to start. I think it's on March eighteenth. That's well, it's a month from now. There may be no court case to discuss. If if the whole stadium has been knocked down by that time, the issue will be moot.
Speaker 9: I believe that's renovations that we're going to do. Anyways, what they're doing now, I'm not sure if well.
Speaker 2: That's that's fine, but but it shows an intention right now. You know, Donald Trump is getting some justifiable criticism for threatening not to adhere to what district court judges say and you know, he's saying, well, we'll take it at the Supreme Court. I think that there's a there's a little bit of Donald Trump within Mayor wu here. It's like my way of the highway, and I am I'm That troubles me, and it would trouble me if I lived in that community. And I think that I just don't think it's fair to people for whom that park is an oasis of of of of enjoyment. That's all I'm saying, Dave. I appreciate you taking the time to call. I'm sure that you graduated a few years after me from Boston Latin School. But as we say, Sumer's premium. Okay, Thanks Dave, Thanks so much for calling to me. I favor. We've become a regular. Will you'd like to I always like to hear from my my, my colleagues at fellow alumni from Boston Latin School. Thanks Dave, talkson goodbye. Okay, we're gonna take a quick break. We will get back to Elizabeth. Elizabeth, you're coming up right after the other side of the break. I fill in Boston, and I got some room for you if you're in Dorchester. Matta Piano Rocks I loved. I want to know you know you have an opportunity on this program every night, but you particularly have an opportunity tonight to stand up and be counted. Whatever you feel. I mean, if you feel it's a great idea and you're looking forward to a soccer stadium and the traffic and all of that will that will accompany it, give us a call. If, on the other hand, you feel that your community has been given the short end of the stick for a long time now and you're simply going to lose the presence of one hundred and forty or so trees, full grown trees in the park. All I can do is give you the number you got to dial it six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty Elizabeth and Phil the next and I got some room for you if you'd like back on nights out after this.
Speaker 7: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: We're going back to Elizabeth. Elizabeth, welcome back. I'm told that you were in a bad zone. You go right ahead. Want to hear what you have to say?
Speaker 10: Hi, Dan, I left off. Oh great, I left off with Upham's Corner and my mother grew up there. My grandmother lived there and we used to go from West Roxbury over to Upham's Corner to see grandma. Yeah, and I've been to the zoo. I mean, I'm old, so I'm talking years and years and years ago, and I you know, I haven't really followed this, but I find it sad that White Stadium. And I mean I grew up knowing about White Stadium in the football games at all. And I actually played golf Stale once years and years ago. But one thing I want to say is that I had experienced a few years back about a project I live in Lynn, and it was people came to us and said this is what we're going to do because architects from Wellsgate designed something and said this is good for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: They didn't ask us what. They didn't ask us what we wanted. They told us why we should love what they were telling us they were going to do. Oh yeah, my sense is some of this, it's not a lot of it's going on here. It's one question I have. And another question I have is who benefits from this?
Speaker 5: And I.
Speaker 10: So many benefits from it. And I'm just throwing that out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so let me try to let me try to answer that for you. Obviously, the women's professional soccer team benefits from it, and the city, I guess would argue that they're going to benefit from it. I'm not sure that people who live in that community are going to benefit from it. And that's the folks right now that that I am concerned about, because I think they lose access to a to a place that they have always had access to.
Speaker 10: Again that and that's exactly my point. Someone is what do they always say follow the money, as you I'd love to know how much research they've done as to what that community really feels about this. And and the other thing is take a look at the community and I and I mean, it's not like I don't know about it, and it's not like I haven't seen it since you know, I was little, and I know it's changed over the gears, but it hasn't changed that significantly. Those people in that community don't have the kinds of facilities that for example, not to pick on Wellesley that Wellesley has sure.
Speaker 2: And there's there's no about that, There's no doubt about that, Elizabeth. And again Uh, that community needs to stand together. Uh so far, I think there's that they need. There's a need for political leadership in that community. And we'll see how it works out. Elizabeth, I got two more. I got to sneak in here before the hour is up. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 10: It was a pleasure as always.
Speaker 2: Is this your first time? Is this your first time calling the show?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 10: I called you once before and you thanked me and said call again, and I and I'd love to catch you and and I heard this and it's like, you know what, those people are getting schnookered and and with you and and somebody needs to do something because you know what, Dan, this wouldn't happen in a suburb outside of Boston because people wouldn't allow it.
Speaker 2: I think you I think you're right on that, Elizabeth. Thank you for your for your passion. Appreciate it very much, and keep calling the show, call more often. Thank you. Let me go next to old friend Phil in Boston. Phil, you're next to the night side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't uh you You threw up that you wish there were oasis. It isn't a sense of oasis for that, but the person who developed that property, the golf course that we used to go there, the zoo on Sunday, the beautiful bird case. They think it's brass and somewhere. The bottom line is the maya. She used a term and I haven't heard of too much shoes. And I suspect if mister Kraft used that, he would be in trouble. She used the term those base back in this in the Civil War days after Coppy days. She called him a copper bega. But yet she's in Chicago, and I suspect she's she's bringing her unbelievable she's bringing her idea of a city to our city. Mister Craft use the term coppet bega. I suspect that we all over the paper.
Speaker 2: Well, I look, I'm not going to disagree. Everybody has you know, uh, you know, mayor, Mayor Wu. You came here, went to school at Harvard, Harvard Law School. She ran for the city council here, was elected of the city council, ran for mayor. So she's been here a while and and look that's your term. I don't think she was correct in calling him a carpetbagger. I don't think that. I don't like that term anyway. People come to Boston, and they bring they bring their talents to Boston, and people who come here for all the right reasons, I'm disagreeing with how My concern is how this group of people uh in the Franklin Park area, whatever their background, whether they're new residents or old residents, or their family has been there for generations, they're getting the short end of the stick here. And that's why I'm speaking up for them and I and I appreciate I think you're speaking up for them as well.
Speaker 4: They should look into the who's doing the contract, Who's who's doing the contract. You're not gonna down all the way. Oh he didn't know. He told me to, did lie. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see, we'll see. All good, all good advice. Phil. As always, I appreciate your passion, you know that. Thank you much, Pati. Let me go next up, Thanks Phil, thank you. Let's go next to Mary and Hyde Park. Mary liked to get you and maybe one more in Go ahead.
Speaker 11: And Mary, Okay, Hi, this is the deal breaking for me as far as voting for the mayor. I'm very upset about all the trees that are going to be torn down. I used to go to the zoo all the times. From the time I was four, all my kids went there. I lived on Erie Street as a teenager when I went to the Jermi Brooke and I used to go to White Stadium like almost every day. We have masks every year now in the park my chirts see Catherin Drexel is just like two blocks away from there. We used to park a lot between the golf course, the golf club everything. Those trees are irreparable. They've been there for hundreds of years. They can't replace them with little splinty trees that they're gonna put there. What about all the birds, what about all the squirrels and all the other animals. I am just so upset between the bike lanes and taking Malnia Casts. I used to live right next to Malio Cast where my husband was a property manager, and they just took that away from the kids and from the adults who used to go there to beginning a CP. They just took out, you know, for a period of time, with no regds to what was happening to the kids in the neighborhood. And they just doing everything with no regards to the people from the community. So I will never open, Michelle, we'll get them through mayor.
Speaker 2: Uh you know you have at least one candidate for mayor, Josh Craft. You may have another fellow who called bill Wright. You heard today, so make your vote count whatever you do.
Speaker 5: I will the trees for me between that.
Speaker 2: Might become, that should become Josh craft slogan, it's the trees for me. I like that. I grew up in Reedville, so I have a lot of you know, we got to live in Readville.
Speaker 11: My whole family lives on Erie Street and on Hide Park Gap across from Mead Park.
Speaker 2: So very well. Thank you Mary, thanks for listening tonight. You're a regular caller. If not, I want you to become.
Speaker 11: And my daughter graduates from Boston Latin.
Speaker 5: But many years out.
Speaker 2: Of a great night, let me go to Mark, Mark, I'm gonna called late. I'm gonna get you in here under the wire thanks to Mary being sex think go ahead, Mark.
Speaker 8: Hi again, Hey Mark, guy differ Mark up their lesson said I'm doing construction in Boston for forty years or called you more than once. You know, go back to the Olympics when it was okay to rip down every tree in Franklin Park gets parking lots for the dorms and put in beastball courts. Okay, that neighborhood. And this isn't me thinking, it's government. That was Mardy Walsh. Now it's made a wool person of the people allegedly, and now we're gonna cut down trees and we're gonna put in this new socc effect. No, we've things the way they are. I mean, this guy, mister Kraft, is gonna beat her handedly. She just she's on a touch with the people.
Speaker 2: Well we will, We're gonna find out, you know. She she has had picture fights with the business community, picture fights now with with the Franklin Park community, picture fights with the North dam. She's not a big favorite in West Roxbury with the with the bike lanes on Center Street.
Speaker 8: Yeah, excuse me, mister mister Ray. Can I call you, mister Ray?
Speaker 2: Please call me Dan, go ahead, call me Dan, go ahead.
Speaker 8: Can listen. She's out of such We were around then Olympia Studies to rehab this woman's soccer league.
Speaker 2: Yep, I agree with that. Mark. Here's here's my problem right now, I'm flat out of time, So do me a favor. I wanted you to call more often I want you to call earlier, and you're gonna be that's not fair. Clip that. Thank you very much, and we'll be back right after the ten o'clock news, and we're going to talk about what happened yesterday at the JFK Library, among other things,