Speaker 1: Opened the sports page with the Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six nine the games, Mike the Bulldog.
Speaker 2: Beyond you on jrr.
Speaker 3: Bulldog Dare I say, I'm gonna put this first Magic loss squarely at your feet, my friend? Why I think your piece in the Orlando Sentinel and Orlando Sentinel dot Com yesterday provided bulletin board material for the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 2: Because I said the Celtics had planned to sweep the Magic and nobody's given them a chance.
Speaker 3: Okay, I thought, I thought I read something about the Magic are already booking round two.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, the Celtics are booking round Oh okay, all right, what is what the columns?
Speaker 3: All right, okay, I'll have to get a red one.
Speaker 2: Okay one O three to eighty six. The Magic go down hard to the Celtics. I thought they'd weathered the storm in the first half. They were down by twelve twelve. They come battling back, take the lead at halftime, and then after that it was all Celtics. They just again. They blew out the Magic, despite Palo ban Cao scoring thirty six points to Franz A he scored twenty three, but the Celtics supporting cast just took over the game. Jason Tatum and Jalen Brown, the Celtics two all NBA players, The Magic held them in check. Tatum only had seventeen Brown had sixteen, but Derek White hit seven threes for the Celtics. Peyton Pritchard came off the bench. He finished with nineteen. I feel for Palo last two playoff games. Yeah, he's played Game seven last year against the Cavs, he scored thirty eight. He scored thirty six yesterday, and both of those efforts wasted in losses. Boston's other guys stepped up. The Magics didn't. That was That was the bottom line. I made that comment to Taco at the start of the show. It'd be nice if you had some help from, you know, not only the Feller starters, but the guys off the bench.
Speaker 1: Well, but guys you just said last week, the guys off the bench saved their asses and won the game.
Speaker 2: They didn't had the playing game they did. Cole Anthony had twenty six points in that play in game. He only played ten minutes yesterday scored four points. The Magic starting guards yesterday. Kentavia is calledwell Pope and Corey Joseph. Corey Joseph took one shot in twenty six minutes. Kentavius Callwell Pope took three or four shots. Five shots between your two starting guards. That's not gonna get it done.
Speaker 3: Hey, So how about what Oklahoma City did to Memphis.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Jesus, look think one point win for Oklahoma City one thirty one to eighty. I'll tell you what Oklahoma City I mean. They they're the best team in the West. In the regular season. They set an NBA record for scoring margin this year as far as blowing out teams. Fifty one points is the fifth largest in NBA playoff history. So Oklahoma City obviously looks like they're the class of the West. The good news, the better news out West, though, is the Lakers go down in Game one on Saturday. They lose to the Timberwolves one seventeen to ninety five, resounding victory for the Timberwolves in LA, and now the Timberwolves lead that series. Other notable NBA I.
Speaker 3: Saw Magic Johnson put the Lakers on blast after that loss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he blasted them. After the game. The Warriors beat the Rockets, even though the Rockets are the two seed. The Warriors are miscast as a seven seed since Jimmy Butler joined the team. They beat the Rockets yesterday. The Cavaliers beat the Heat. No surprise there. Am I missing any games for the weekend. I think we covered them all.
Speaker 3: Nice hockey playoffs get started at lightning. Don't start their campaign until tomorrow nights against the your Florida Panthers in Tampa.
Speaker 2: That's right, I did miss a couple of playoff games. The next beat the Pistons and the Pacers. You see what they did to the Bucks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they look good. Man look good.
Speaker 2: And the Nuggets beat the Clippers in overtime thanks to Aaron Gordon scoring twenty five for the Nuggets. Former magician, I know you guys were the biggest sports story over the weekend, though. Did you see who won the WrestleMania heavyweight title?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: That was on when we were out to dinner somewhere, and I was shocked that.
Speaker 3: It was on.
Speaker 2: Or baby, it wasn't one seen and now a bad guy John Cena beats Cody Rhodes for the WrestleMania title.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't WrestleMania that was watching.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Yeah, yeah, WrestleMania would not have been What were you watching?
Speaker 1: It was at a restaurant. It was prepping up for WrestleMania, and I go, why is this on at anice restaurant? I think it was like somebody was watching. She had beforehand one of the bartenders and forgot to turn it off when they got busy.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, lights out at the F one desk from it's got a Saudi Arabia lights out and away we got to our F one Insider Taco Bob. Somebody said the F.
Speaker 1: One desk was week last week because while I was scrambling to search you who was racing, who won?
Speaker 3: Whatever? But live from Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 1: We have Oscar Piastre with McLaren Tige in the way.
Speaker 3: Now the points leader as well. Wow, thank you F one desk in our F one Insider Taco Bob Hey. Speaking racing, did you guys catch this clip of what happened at Bowman Gray in Winston Salem over the weekend in Nasalation?
Speaker 2: Send it to me if you're watching Infinity Race.
Speaker 3: How awesome was that Bulldog? It was pretty awesome? Uh, Taco, It's a NASCAR regional race at Bowman Gray which is in Winston Salem. The track is nicknamed the Madhouse. They take each other out, then try to recreate the Alison Yarborough fight from nineteen seventy nine at Daytona. It was fantastic. Have it on the JR Facebook page if you haven't seen it yet. It's it's it's good stuff.
Speaker 1: And then congratulations to Justin Thomas getting his first win in several years.
Speaker 2: Good for him, Good for him.
Speaker 3: What about City Soccer and the Pride?
Speaker 2: Also, the Pride go down for the first time this season to the the Washington team that they actually beat in the NWSL championship game. The Pride go down one nil to the Spirit and Orlando City another draw. They zero zero draw. Hey, they've been unbeaten for six straight weeks now a few of those have been draws, but hey, at least they're getting some results.
Speaker 1: I texted a listener about the Pride on Friday. Ins a bad feeling about this this game, And not that I watched or even though what time it was on, but I just had a feeling.
Speaker 3: They were gonna lose. Boy, all right, bulldog plenty to talk about on your show open Mic there on AM seven forty and FM ninety six to ninety game on at Jason Tuss and we are appreciative of you taking time out of your busy show to join us here at JRR for the sports page, where I'm sure we're gonna find out it's somebody's birthday this morning.
Speaker 2: In fact, that happy belated birthday ballated Talking Burrier, the head ball coach, turned eighty years old yesterday, So Lusiaco on Demand to download the iHeartRadio app