Speaker 1: The LM Clippers.
Speaker 2: The game is ended, gather round boys, time to recap, but.
Speaker 1: The post game coverage is just getting started.
Speaker 3: The successes the failure.
Speaker 1: Let's discuss this is Clippers locker Road breaking down today's action with the pre and post game voice of the Clippers. Here's a a moss lag.
Speaker 2: Well, it's started as a Boston three party and ended as a massacres. The Clippers would lose one twenty six to ninety four in Boston to the Celtics. Welcome into your postgame show. I'm at a Oslin coming up. Postgame box score will also take your calls at eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy on the A five to seventy side. But first back out to your radio voice of the Clippers in Carlo Jimenez. Well, Carlo. A historic second quarter. After a slow start shooting wise for the Boston.
Speaker 4: Celtics, Adam, they started the second six for six from three. They end up matching an NBA record in pouring twelve threes in the quarter. It really was unbelievable to watch, and I hope we described it well for you over the airways, because the Celtics just couldn't miss and they were getting great ball movement, they were hitting threes off made buckets by the Clippers in transition, able to get anything they wanted on the offensive end. Really felt like there was nothing the Clippers could do. And the Celtics, well that's what they've done to almost every opponent this season, is just knock them out with three point shots.
Speaker 5: The Clippers could not have a response.
Speaker 4: A me eata zuwats though I thought he was a bright spot here for this Clipper team. He comes up with twenty three points and ten rebounds, both won away from matching a season high, and the Clippers got the young guys a lot of minutes on this second night of a back to back. We'll see when Norman pal comes back. Hopefully Mobamba's all right. But a tough one for the Clippers, and it just shows, I mean, this Celtic team is out for blood in a second straight championship. They are maybe playing a better brand of basketball this season than they did last year.
Speaker 2: Well, they're certainly taking more three pointers. They attempted fifty one in this game, they made twenty two. That is forty three from three on extremely high volume. And again that second quarter, some history was made unbelievable. Twelve made three pointers by the Boston Celtics tied an all time record for threes made in a quarter, and as Carlos said, they made six straight to start the second quarter after I felt pretty good after the first quarter. They were four of seventeen from the outside. I felt like the Clippers defense was there. And look to the Clippers' credit and I guess to Boston's as well, It's not like there was major slippage defensively by the Clippers. They had a hand in their face. They were taking long three pointers. It just didn't matter. I mean, they fouled Jalen Brown on a three pointer and he still made it. That's how well they were knocking him down.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is a team that felt confident every time they caught the ball. They were able to bury three after three throughout that second quarter and into the third when they went when the Clippers had him finally cut it to nineteen, what did the Celtics do. They responded with three straight threes, and all of a sudden, the lead balloons back up.
Speaker 5: For this Boston group, they were excellent.
Speaker 4: I mean, this was an excellent showing for a team that played a close game of Minnesota yesterday afternoon in this building, and the Clippers fell victim to the Celtics three point shooting. Clippers will see Boston on the twenty second. Maybe they have a chance to get some revenge. That game will be in January, but for now they will just have to wait and watch. I thought the Clippers at him for the most part. Defense wasn't an issue. Offense is a little stuck in the mud for them. Gotta beat to Zubats going, but everybody else kind of struggled from the outside.
Speaker 5: It wasn't named James Harden.
Speaker 4: The Clippers gott to find ways to be I think, more aggressive and more effective on the offensive end when it comes to finding their guys from outside the arc.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This Boston Celtics team, as you mentioned pregame, you know, the best teams in NBA history. They do it on both ends. They are very good on the defensive end. They were tenth heading into this one, which was low for them after they finished second in defensive rating last season. But they got Kris staffs Porzingis back. That doesn't help. Maybe gave them a little bit of a shot in the arm or just good to see a familiar face out there. But to your point also about Viasa zoo Bots felt like he was fighting out there. Twenty three and ten eleven or fourteen shooting was they were trading twos for threes with the Boston Celtics as they went on to win one twenty six to ninety four in Boston. Hope your Los Angeles Clippers, Clippers will regroup, they head to DC. They got a day off tomorrow, and then they'll take on the Wizards tiptime four pm from our nation's capital on Wednesday, three pm. We'll have your pre game show right back here, Carlo. Great call is always even in a tough one like this. Safe travels as well, My.
Speaker 4: Friend Adam, the best part at the NBA. You play again. Talk to you Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Clippers dropped to eleven and eight on the season, still three games above five hundred without Kawhi Leonards so far as they lose by thirty two in Boston, the Celtics, the hot shootings, red hot shooting Boston Celtics. You're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: Best Fans in Best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 1: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Back to Clippers Basketball.
Speaker 2: Tip your cap, Clipper Nation. He got beat by the best team in the league, the defending champs, the Boston Celtics, who were on their game, hit twelve of their twenty two threes in the second quarter, tied in an NBA record for most threes made in a quarter. They win by thirty two. Final score Boston won twenty six. You're Los Angeles Clippers ninety four. Welcome back in I'm out of Mosland. Coming up, we will have Clippers stock on a M five to seventy LA Sports eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. I don't think I've said this so far this season, but earmuffs for the kids as I go through the final box score here, the Celtics shot fifty one percent from the field, the Clippers forty three percent. Clippers seven of twenty six from the outside. They got up twenty six shots, almost less than half of the amount of three pointers the Boston Celtics took. That would be fifty one. They made twenty two of them. I came into the game, I said fifteen or less. That would put them at third twenty percent shooting from the outside, because I know they're taking fifty that's what they average. And yeah, they hit twenty two of them and twelve of them in a quarter against your Los Angeles Clippers. Not a lot of bright spots. This may be a burn the tape type of game. There's not a lot you can learn when a team gets that hot from the outside. I saw hands up, I saw the Clippers trying. I saw them getting the lead down to fifteen in the third quarter, but the onslaught of three point shooting by the Boston Celtics would extend the lead once again, got a back up to twenty seven. They win by thirty two. That was their biggest lead one twenty six to ninety four's. The Clippers called off the dogs about eight minutes into the fourth quarter, just about so. The young guy's got some run. That was good at least. Maybe that's the biggest takeaway. Young guys getting some experience. Kobe Brown came in in the first half, second quarter, knock down at three pointer. That was good to see. Jordan Miller four of ten ten points in his twenty minutes, leading everyone for the Clippers. That would be a Viatza Zubats. He had twenty three and ten. He was going to work. He was doing his part. They couldn't stop him. But when you're trading twos for threes on the other end, you're not exactly chipping away at the lead. They're extending it. Clippers had fourteen turnovers. I want to say they only had six of the half. They did all right in that area. Doesn't matter. Boston Celtics. This is what they do best. This is modern basketball. This is embracing the analytics and having the most two way players on your team and five guys that can switch around the perimeter. They're great defense too. If you didn't know, Clippers shot just forty three percent. They lose badly in Boston to the Celtics by thirty two. Clippers will get it together and take on the Washington Wizards on Wednesday. Clippers still eleven and eight on the season as Boston improved to fifteen to three. Clippers lose by a final score of one twenty six to ninety four in Boston. I'm outam Mizzland and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 1: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 2: Clippers get dismantled and destroyed in the same fashion they took down the Philadelphia seventy six ers yesterday. They lose in that way in Boston today one twenty six to ninety four by thirty two to the Celtics. Almost had that many threes. No, just twenty two, just twenty two. The record would be thirty. They tied it at twenty nine earlier this season in Game one against the New York Knicks. But they tied a record for most three pointers made in a quarter with twelve made in the second quarter against the Clippers. That would be the game Clippers lose by thirty two. While we have a moment, let's pause ten seconds for station identification. Here on Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is LA Clippers Basketball AM five to seventy KLAC Los Angeles ninety eight seven KYSR HD two Los Angeles, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: If you come into the chat like Mark jag Here. And you try to blame this on one Clipper, say the game changed when KPJ came in or something like that. You're getting put in time out. I'm sorry. This isn't on one player. This isn't on the coaching staff or the front office. The Clippers were out gunned by a more talented team, a team that is the defending champs in this league for a reason, a team that takes fifty three pointers per game, and tonight they got hot. After starting one for eleven at one point to start the second quarter, they hit nine of the eleven. So the Clippers defense was the same. It's not that their defense changed. They were playing the same way when they went one for eleven from three as when they went nine for eleven from three. They just started hitting. It's a make or miss league. It's emphasized. And then the Boston Celtics take it to an extreme when it comes to that, and they made a lot second quarter twelve three pointers made. They hit their first six. Yes, Peyton Pritchard was awesome. Somebody earlier in the pregame show told me their bench isn't very good. Amazing how that person is no longer in the chat now or somebody else saying that the Clippers are going to destroy the Boston Celtics. These people never show up after things go the other way. Come on, Clipper Nation, were better than that. Give it a buck. If you were wrong about this, just own it. The Boston Celtics are great. They're that good, and they showed it tonight with all that firepower against the Clippers. They went by thirty two final score one twenty six to ninety four. Outside of Los Angeles, we are leaving you until Wednesday. Clippers will get back on the horse right into the Nation's cap in DC take on the Washington Wizards, who are struggling. Tip off at four pregame at three in LA. Do not go anywhere. We got Clippers Talk next.
Speaker 1: And with that, just like that, another Clipper broadcast is ended.
Speaker 5: Hoarding judging.
Speaker 1: This has been Clippers Locker Road, a postgame look at today's sci.
Speaker 2: Every game all season long.
Speaker 1: Thank you for joining us for all the action on the LA Clippers audio networking in.
Speaker 2: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 1: This is Clippers.
Speaker 3: Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record.
Speaker 1: Your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 2: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 1: Let me guess it's about Kawhi.
Speaker 2: Here we are and.
Speaker 1: Now here it is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame.
Speaker 2: At follow Adam a adam Ousley. Yeah, probably not gonna win a game when a team hits twelve threes on you. In the Boston Celtics tied an NBA record in the second quarter where they would knock down twelve threes. Clippers got down big. They lost by thirty two in Boston, one twenty six to ninety four. Welcome in two Clippers talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports and on the utube live side. Appreciate you guys. So in one of those games, mama said there'd be days like this. There be days like this. My mama said, we'll take your phone calls at eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. There are people trying to blame certain players in the chat, like, oh, when KPJ came in, the momentum shifted. It's like momentum shifted, they started to hit threes. What do you want? KPJ has been good the last ten or so games. They shouldn't play him. He was offending some of those threes really well. It didn't matter. What are you gonna do, Peyton Pritchard can't miss. They start six for six in the second quarter from distance. The Clippers played the exact same defense they did in the first quarter when the Boston Celtics went one for eleven, as they did in the second quarter when they started nine for eleven from three. You can't defend these shots like this is the modern NBA. There's not a lot you can do. When teams are hitting like this. You're going to get run. You're gonna get run out of the building. And that's what happened. Pritchard hit six threes. He hit a couple more big ones when the Clippers did get it down to fifteen to one point in the third quarter, which I was somewhat happy about. Yeah, David Hong said. Derek White was hitting back to back three several feet behind the three point line one of those nights, and they were contested two from twenty eight feet out. The hell are you gonna do against that? You're gonna take yourself to Washington on Wednesday and bounce back because there's not a lot you can do scheme wise to stop them. People want to blame Brown or talk about Kobe Brown playing in the second quarter that was a good move. They don't have Mobamba. I don't think they would play Mobamba against Boston. And anybody complaining about playing Kobe Brown against this Boston Celtics team, that makes sense. You want a guy who's more switchable defensively. Oh, and he hit a three pointer. Kobe Brown's not the reason they lost the game. You guys are looking at the wrong stuff. Twelve three pointers made in the second quarter. Go pull the tape. Tell me how many of those were wide open? Tell me how many of those weren't from twenty five plus feet out. Boston doesn't live and die by the three. By the way, you might again them like you might stay alive and be in a game. If they're not destroying you from the outside, doesn't mean you're gonna win. Boston's a great defensive team too. This is not a fluke. They've been good for years. And this is what happens when you take on a team that's top ten in offensive and defensive rating. Because to me, it's the Clippers offense that let them down at times. I'm not even looking at them defensively. I know there's not much you can do about those shots. They're out of your control. What you can do is try to execute a little bit better on the offensive end yourself. Like the Clippers were down seven after the first quarter, and I felt like they were playing pretty well, and they were still down seven, and people are still pointing out not sure why Brown got minutes in the second quarter. You can say you're not blaming him for the loss, but why even bring it up.
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: I just explained why he got minutes. There's no mobamba and I don't think you'd want to play him or Kayi Jones against the Boston Celtics because of their perimeter shooting. I don't know how people are having a hard time with this. Guys, you need more switchability out there. This is the perfect team to play Kobe Brown against. This was by design, This was strategic. Unfortunately, it sounds like he got banged up. La Murray, our friend from the Athletic, posted this at La Murray and you afterwards. But it looks like Kobe Brown has a lower back issue. That's why he didn't play more than just the second quarter. If you don't think Kobe Brown should play in a game like this against Boston, then like, who's he gonna play against? This is the perfect team to play him against. Nico played two y'all don't even watch games sometimes. I don't even know what to say. I'm frustrated Clippers lost by thirty two, and I gotta answer questions about, well, why didn't what about Nico? Nico played twenty three minutes. It's okay. You can play both of them. It doesn't have to be one or the other. They both can play against Boston. Now, if Boston is gonna knock down twelve threes in a quarter, I don't care if Michael Jordan and Lebron are on your team. It's not about who the Clippers played in this one. What guys were out there for them offensively. They just have to improve. They gotta get guys healthy. They need Norm Powell, they need Kawhi Leonard. I don't know when that's gonna be. Like, the Celtics are a far superior team. If they win the championship again this season, they go back to back, what are people gonna be saying about this? Laws? Yeah, it's Boston. What are you gonna do? I'm saying it now, it's Boston. What are you gonna do? Some said surprise Bones was playing. Yeah, they were down twenty five in the fourth Courtiers surprised that Bones was playing. Then Zubats was my player to watch. But when the shooting is that good, it just almost renders his buckets useless. He's getting these two pointers. Some nice plays left handed hook over Zubots like he had some really or over porzingis. He had some really good and some really good touch around the basket with some of the buckets. He was getting some good buckets from beats the Zubats. I like the way he played. He was aggressive, they were looking for him. I said he was my player to watch. He was gonna have to get to work. He started things off with a bank shot off a hardened wrap around pass, beautiful pass.
Speaker 3: In the first quarter.
Speaker 2: Then a floater after they blitzed Harden, a zu bucket in the second after the three point avalanche started. Then a floater out of a timeout after you know they're down seven and now they're down fifteen. A hook shot at the nine minute mark of the second quarter with the left hand Zoos spinning and getting a tough basket on Porzingis in the second right handed hook. He showed it all off. He's that good. Kai should not have played over Kobe Brown. Y'all are pointing to stuff that doesn't doesn't make any sense. I just you're killing me. Chat you're killing me. You're looking to oversimplify something that is already pretty simple for you. Boston hit twelve three pointers in the second quarter. Nobody was stopping that. Most of those threes were contested. Nobody was stopping that. And y'all are talking about, Oh, Brown shouldn't have played or kp Ja shouldn't have played. It's like, what are we doing here? Tip your cap to the Boston Celtics. They are elite. They are the perfectly constructed team in the modern era to have to go up against. And I said they gotta hit fifteen shots or less from the outside. They hit twelve and eight quarter x Mango Projects said, I don't feel bad about this game at all for some reason, because it's out of their control. Like, if Boston plays like this, nobody's beating them. They just won the NBA Finals and five games over Dallas. Now we got more weirdness, Max Vega Adam, this is random, But do you ever think Zoo will be able to shoot a MIDI and one or two threes a game? I don't know. Ask me when it's more appropriate. Maybe it is, it's a good distraction. Maybe tonight's the night for questions like these. They didn't shoot? Do you have them fifty five? I got them a fifty one to three pointers. It's hard for the box score to keep track of how many threes they took. It was fifty one ASTs. Joking. If we could figure out how to control the air currents using some sort of extrasensory manipulation, then I see us winning these games. Yeah, that's basically what you're looking at. I'm someone of a scientist myself. We need Storm from the X Men halle Berry with a bad accent. Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struggled by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else? What a line? X two is my favorite? If you're asking, although logan it's the best. Is that even in an X Men movie, it's like so good it transcends like what are you gonna do? Like the best you could hope for is like the top got ripped off of the top of the arena. They just didn't play the game, like, oh, you know, under construction, couldn't play the game. That's the best we could have hoped for, because Boston was not losing this game against anyone playing like that. Yeah, there you go, Giuseepi. This was always a scheduled loss. Hope they don't let down versus the Wizard's next. I don't know. Bashton Sweinsteiger was in here earlier today during our pregame show talking all this trash, saying how they were gonna slaughter the Boston Celtics. Where is he now? Nowhere to be found. That's how it always goes. He'll get a time out as soon as he returns whenever that may be. That stuff doesn't work for me. You gonna talk like that, you better keep the apology as loud as the disrespect was. I don't know who in their right mind would be talking out of their neck like that about the Boston Celtics. Jay's saying, so what's everyone having for dinner? Lol, let's go Clippers. People are just trying to change the subject. Now you lose by thirty two. That's how it goes. Nick Z said, Boston full of athletic young guys who can also shoot. Yes, newsflash, they are a perfectly constructed team. They are flawless. The only flaw you can maybe say they have is their interior defense. But is it never gonna matter if they keep hitting threes on you, if they keep spreading the floor and spreading you out on the other end and finding easy driving lanes because of that, Chunk is talking about KPJ. The thing about KPJ, now, my opinion is it's not that he's bad. His style of play is looking more and more like a losing style of play. When he plays bad equals terrible. When he plays good equals not much of any impact. Chunk, were you saying that against the game? And I guess the Sacramento Kings there night when he had twelve of his fourteen points to start the fourth quarter and completely stunted and blunted a King's run in the fourth Come on, guys, like a memory. I'm sorry, I can't help it. I have amltus against stuff like this to act like it's never impactful. I'm guessing you listened to the lob of the jam earlier with Robert Flahm. I think he's been impactful. Do you want do you want me to pull the plus minus for Kevin Porter Junior? Will that help you find out if his numbers are more impactful? So, I mean I could do that over the last ten games for him. I'll do that when we get back. I'll make that the tease because I'm looking for anything tonight to get through this one. Clippers lose by thirty two in Boston to the Celtics. Final score once twenty six to ninety four. Can we not blame any one player one night like tonight, please. I was happy to see Kobe Brown out there. It made sense this is a team that he should be playing against, So I brought it up pregame.
Speaker 5: Clippers lose by thirty two.
Speaker 2: I'm at a Maslin and you are listening to clipperstock here on the M five seven ELA Sports.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network, best.
Speaker 7: Fans and best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 1: Take us with you wherever you are on the iheartradiop.
Speaker 3: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 2: Clippers lose in Boston one twenty six to ninety four. Welcome back in the Clippers stock with you for another forty minutes. After a game where the Boston Celtics tied an NBA record making twelve threes in the second quarter, pain uh Alias underscore Pe said on X what a big dog at work, missed the game, but on break catching your show, but looking at the box, I'm not tripping on this one. Just flip the three makes and you can just flip the three makes and you can flip the blowout as well. This one's easy. Just flip the three pointers around. I don't know if you can just flip them around. Because the Clippers aren't gonna take fifty like the Boston Celtics. One of the reasons they take so many is because they do create good looks. You overreact to one guy getting hot. At first it's Pritchard, then it's Derek White, then it's Sam Houser. Then Jalen Brown is hitting three on you, and Jason Tatum is hitting a couple. It's just it's incredible what they're able to do. And I love this comment. In the chat at Clippers Sock on the YouTube side from Gonza Talks, he said, I don't think it's wise to have any takes about the team after this game pretty much. If you're trying to read into this one or pinpoint what happened, it's really simple. They got destroyed by the defending Chains, who got scorching hot from the outside to the point where nobody's being them. So I don't know. You can try to figure out what went wrong, or you can just look at the obvious. They hit twelve threes in a quarter and twenty two of the fifty one they took in the game. Overall. I know it's tough. I know I try to look for solutions too, but there are some games where it just feels like burn the tape, Like how are we going to learn from this? Millie said, we can't compete well, not without Kawhi and without Norman Palell against the Boston Celtics. But hey, there's no shame in that, because nobody could. They won the NBA Finals in five games. Sister one said, at the end of the day, it's one loss. In November, Richard said, still not worried about man. He'll come around. He had ten points over eleven, shooting a couple of three pointers. I'm not overly worried, but only because they have other guys that do what he does better now, So I'm not saying he's unnecessary or expendable, because you can never have too many guys that do the little things play defense in theory with Terrence Man, he's been a good three point shooter in his career. He's not even taking them often enough, but he's turned a corner. He's been better since he came off the bench. It's just people in here going after Kevin Porter Junior on a night like this, like find another game, find another game to do this. Mark Jackson KPJ isn't a great defender, but he sometimes makes great defensive plays because of his explosiveness. He's only a good defender because of his explosiveness. That doesn't count. God the logic of this mind numbing Rock said. Man has been solid and blowout minutes the past two games, so that value could be better. He did look scared to shoot in the first half, though, Oh, trade value, is that what you guys are talking about with Terrence Man? Siste One said, everyone on trade machine trying to package PJ and bones for defensive wing or stabilizing backup point guard. They don't have enough defensive wings. Are you sure they don't have enough. Do you guys want Jordan Miller to ever play or you just want to bring in more guys to be in front of him when it comes to minutes. We want Jordan Miller. Also, please trade for guys that would stop Jordan Miller from playing.
Speaker 8: I just.
Speaker 2: Uh, Rock said, Uh, I don't know what he said. Jonathan Ing helped me, God. Jonathan Ing said, the Cellics hit ridiculous shot after a ridiculous shot. Absolutely nothing you can do about it when your contests are solid. Pritchard is hitting a contested three from five feet past the three point line. Yeah, I said early on that. Uh. I don't want to hear anyone come on postgame if the Clippers lose and say they left them to hit wide open threes. They were not a bunch of wide open threes. There was one where coach Lou called a time out after a made basket by a Vitza Zubats in the second quarter that led to a Pritchard three in the near side corner where the Clippers had plenty of defenders back in transition, but nobody picked him up and he called time out right away. Outside that what are you gonna do? Mark Jagg's still talking about Kevin Porter Junior. He's explosive, but an IQ thing great. His defense has been solid. If you want to say it's only been good because he can be explosive on that and you're losing the argument, my friend, as long as he's good, we don't care why. And he's been good on defense. Rock said, we better not trade for another damn guard. Amian said, just turn the page. No way you beat Boston when they hit seventeen in the first huh, they hit twelve three pointers in the second. They hit their first six threes of the second quarter. AJ bringing up what everybody does once a show. I would like to see a trade for Bobby Portis, would love to see him in the clips small ball lineup? Cool? Are then Miwaukee Bucks willing to do that for? Who? PJ? Tucker and Bones? Who do you want to give up? X Mango Project said it was a wide open threes because it was way behind the line. No, they even contested some of those wide open threes that were way behind the line. They looked wide open at first. Derek Jones Junior came in contested one from Derek White. They're almost thirty feet back and the Clippers contested them, which does not make them wide open. Incredible shooting. Yeah, way to go. I mean by first you mean first half. Sorry I didn't interpret that correctly. Tatum and Brown didn't have to do much. Again, there's really no bright spots outside. The Clippers kept fighting a guy down to fifteen, I guess in the third, and the young guys got some run and Kobe Brown played in the first half of a somewhat close game at that time. I don't know what you can take away. Coffee makes a layup at the four nineteen mark of the third quarter, it's eighty six to seventy one, and then the three started falling again. After they started the third quarter, I think six from three. I want to say they hit their next three from three Right after that, that fifteen point lead goes back up to twenty real quick two from Pritchard, one from Sam Houser. I think Tatum would hit one. Yeh, I don't know what you do. Clippers were down twenty one heading in.
Speaker 5: To the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: They literally fouled Jalen Brown on a three pointer and he hit it. It turned into a four point play. Oh, they can test it all right, Gonza Talk said, I'm glad our starters got some good rest over these two games. You know what, that might be the most positive thing I've seen in here. James Harden played the most minutes thirty, only had to place twenty seven yesterday, bounce back and take down the Washington Wizards on Wednesday, said it's okay to just move on to next game. Yeah, I agree. Oh, here, come to Kyle Kuzma trades. It's funny we do this before they play every team, and then Jeremy Grant doesn't play well for Portland and nobody talks about trading for Jermy Grant anymore because of one game against Clippers. John Collins doesn't play well for Utah, and then nobody talks about trading for John Collins anymore because he didn't play well in that one game. You guys don't have a lot of conviction with some of these trades. So if Kyle Kusma doesn't play well on Wednesday, never mind, don't trade for him after one game. Uh. I don't know if I could say that. We do have some Coach lou postgame audio I think coming up in a little bit. Milly said, why does Ty lou always give up when they have a whole quarter left. They were down thirty in the fourth quarter. Nobody's coming back down thirty in the fourth nobody's coming back. With the way the Clippers were playing, I don't know what game people are watching. Sometimes he gave up when it was appropriate to give up because they have another game to play. You lose the battle, doesn't mean you have to have more tired legs for the next game. Nine oh five, Mark, that's when they waved the white flag. It was one oh eight to eighty one. Are they not down by enough for you to realize with nine minutes left that it is an insurmountable lead for the Boston Celtics. Oh God, Now Max wants to talk about. Yeah, LaMelo Ball. I've been Charlotte. They just they're ready to trade him right now. He just got fifty there night. He's having it all Star season. Yeah, they're ready to trade him. Jay helped me, he said, all right, no trade talks, especially Kuzma wasn't going to stop the casuals talking trades. But just seeing someone say Kuzma irks me every time. Yeah, guys, they're getting LaMelo Ball while he's putting together this All Star season. Uh, I'm in pain. I gotta taking their time out eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. Lead was nineteen heading into the fourth. I got ninety nine seventy eight. That means they're down twenty one heading into the fourth. To be fair, Mark, you're wrong again. Roughnye on here, I'm out Amazin and you're listening to Clippers stock. You already have five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: This is the LA clip for Audio Network, best.
Speaker 7: Fans and best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 1: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 2: Rough one. Clipper Nation as they lose badly some Boston massacre action as they drop one to the Celtics in Boston by a final score of one, twenty six to ninety four. Welcome back in. I'm outa Osland, And when we have games like this, and we haven't had one so far this season, I guess I have to get used to crazy wild trade talk. So I'm gonna read this from Jonathan Ing, who is trying to help the casuals and the fan base right now. Jonathan Ing said, everyone, how are we getting these trades to go? Again? I have to say this, we are not the Lakers fan base, so stop it with these delusional trade ideas given what little assets we have available. If I could underscore that, if I could tattoo that, I guess I could. It's a lot back tattoo. Uh, I would do that right now. And no, I'm not doing Clippers talk after dark later because I've gotten too much ridiculousness after this loss. I'm sorry. This is how I punish you guys. I'm not putting myself through it. Let's get LaMelo with what you understand. He just had fifty. He is literally the one guy selling tickets for them in Charlotte. Why would they trade Lamello ball? Why would Milwaukee give up Bobby portis, a legacy player who helped them win a championship, who's still under thirty? Why for PJ Tucker and Bones Highland. Y'all are killing me. I love y'all, but you're killing me. Fam Clipernation. We are better than this, aren't we?
Speaker 9: All Right?
Speaker 2: I gotta hear from coach lou post game. I am getting nauseous. Clippers lost by thirty two in Boston. It's bad enough they lost by thirty two, but now I gotta hear these crazy trade machine ideas that are so implausible out there, illogical, irrational, inconceivable. Here's coach lou post game after the Clippers lost by thirty two. Hopefully he can speak some truth here and get us back to sanity.
Speaker 10: Then they got three threes by just advancing the ball after make getting threes. Pitcher got two of them for sure, and we've got to be better than that. Other than that, I thought we did a good job of like getting the guys. You know, they made some tough shots, which we we knew coming into the game they was gonna make the tough shots, but just staying just staying with it, you know, sticking with it. And they were on fire, like you said, in that first half, you know, started that second quarter and we just couldn't control them from a three point line and they got going, got a lot of confidence, and they played well. You know, they played really well, and that's why are the champs, you know, and so hats off to them for you know, playing a good game and mess about it.
Speaker 11: What what do you think helped you get that lead down to fifteen, like I think halfs four minutes us you roll down fifteen, Like, what do you feel like.
Speaker 9: Wasn't getting to sustainable?
Speaker 10: No, just you know, talk our guys like, you know, they're a great team, but we can't let go of the rope and not continue to keep building what we've established, and that's playing hard, that's competing, not you know, complaining to the officials and doing things the right way. And so that third quarter I thought, we you know, it came out, we fought well. You down twenty nine points, you know, on the road and against a really good team, it's hard to come back. But I was proud of our fighting that third quarter to start. And that's all you can ask for the guys when you not when you don't have a good game, you're not playing well. And they had a lot to do with that. And then when they're playing well, just to keep our composure, continue to establish good habits and not let not let it take away from you know, what we've built so far. And so that's why I told our guys that have time. So I was proud of the third quarter effort.
Speaker 9: Just you know, if you ever up, how you feel yeah, he's just for tonight, was I mean's a lot lower back. I think a little feeling in that, but I'm not sure at the timetable or anything like that. Thought you were off, Well, I'm back.
Speaker 6: Sorry.
Speaker 2: What have you seen? Per Victorian Miller, while Norton said away.
Speaker 10: Just his ability to attack, get downhill, get to the basket, draw files ex exactly what.
Speaker 9: We knew he could do.
Speaker 10: And then defensively he's been pretty good. You know, I think he's been really good defensively as well. You know, so for a young guy to step in and have an opportunity to play, I think he's done a great job. Was just taking you know, full advantage of that.
Speaker 4: How much of a.
Speaker 2: Luxury has Mobama been in these few games before tonight?
Speaker 9: What does he add when he's available be had a space the floor?
Speaker 10: I think, you know, standing in the corner being just scared to leave him, but also rebounding the basketball and just you know, being a big presence and a big body on the floor. And so he's been really good for us, you know, since his return last one.
Speaker 2: When you think back years ago now is when you first started working with.
Speaker 4: Zoo to now, where has he improved the most, Like what are your earliest memories and what are you.
Speaker 1: Impressed by now?
Speaker 10: Not sure if you always had it, but just be able to post him more, be able to feature him a little bit more, to slow the game down when we're not taking good shots or we we don't have a good offensive rhythm, to be able to throw the ball inside to Zoo and take advantage of that.
Speaker 9: I think it's really been good for us.
Speaker 10: And he's you know, grown every single year, you know, got better and better, and so you know, hats off to him and putting in the work and you know, getting better.
Speaker 11: Just curious when you know that you're going up with heause a team that shoots like they shoot, is that sometime as a coach, like you can tell the teams it's like, hey, if they're hot, they can't really sustain this, Like how do you how.
Speaker 3: Do you coach?
Speaker 10: I mean, just to have the mental to understand that they're gonna make some tough shots. They're gonna take some crazy shots and make them, and you just gotta be able to withstand that and stay in the moment, you know, and so you can't let it break you when they make three or four threes, you know, couple off from deep or you think you contest it and you would right on top of it and make the shot. You know, there's nothing you can do about that, just continue to play through the game. And you know, cause they gonna take fifty threes a game. We know that coming into the game, you know, and so if you can sustain it, if you can make it hard on them to not get easy ones like in transition, throw ahead threes and things like that, make them play against your half court defense. I like our chances. And like I said, they shot the ball well, and you know, they played great.
Speaker 11: Is there anything that you feel like your offense could have done to help all that? Because I realized they still as you.
Speaker 10: Mentioned, I mean, only having fourteen turnovers, which is not bad. Fourteen the pressures, you know, it's not bad. But I thought, you know, when we try to take advantage of mismatches, like we had to make quicker decisions. You know, have we dribble dribble dribble, they can load up. You know, they'll land their athleticism and it's hard to score, you know, And so we had to be a little bit more precise on what we were doing. You know, we try to attack mismatches or get downhill, and we wasn't, you know, really great at it tonight, and so you know we had win those games tonight. Let's throw it out and let's get ready for Wednesday.
Speaker 2: How about that? A lot of stuff I've been saying here, throw it out, burn the tape. Let's hear the very beginning of that though from coach lou here, because to me, this is everything he said, exactly what I said. They're the champs. Hats off to them. Here's Coach Leu at the very beginning of this. Take some solace in this, because you gotta understand, Boston is this good. There's no shame in losing in this fashion to the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 10: Sometimes I think they got three three threes by just advancing the ball after make getting threes.
Speaker 2: Watch that part. But no, no, no, no, let's keep it going.
Speaker 10: After make getting threes. Pitcher got two of them for sure, and we just got to be better than that. Other than that, I thought we did a good job of like getting the guys. You know, they made some tough shots, which we knew coming into the game they was gonna make the tough shots. But just staying just staying with it, you know, sticking with it. And they were on fire, like you said, in that first half, you know, started that second quarter and we just couldn't control them from the three point line. And they got going, got a lot of confidence, and they play well. You know, they played really well, and that's why they're the champs, you know, and so hats off to them for, you know, playing a good game.
Speaker 2: There you go, there you go. Other than that, I thought we did a good job, like they didn't even play that poorly. And they lost by thirty two because the reason they lost, the main reason by far, is something that's outside of your control. A team that just goes nuclear from distance on you twelve threes. They got out of control in the second quarter, he talked about, and the longer piece we played earlier, like you're contesting shots, you're doing the right things. You can't let it break you. And he was proud of their fight because they did get it to fifteen in the third quarter. They made it interesting. That's not insurmountable. I love what coach lou said. There all the right stuff. That's how it has to be. You can't let go of the rope. You got to continue to build on what they have established so far this season. And they fought down twenty nine, and he was proud of their fight. Don't let him break your will. They got to fifteen. There are, and I always say this, positives you can take away from losses and negatives you can take away from wins. Yes, you can build bad habits and wins. You can do stuff that is not sustainable that does not help you in the future, and eventually it leads to losses. So I'm fine with what happened tonight, losing in this fashion of Boston. If they get crazy hot from distance, if they're on fire from three, and you lose that game, oh well, oh well, move on to the next one and get right back to playing the same brand of basketball you were playing. Because I don't think they played a horrible game. Coach who did say something about being more precise with their attacks late, attacking the mismatches. Yeah, they can get better. They didn't play close to a perfect game, Don't get me wrong. On offense, we know that's where they struggle. Their bottom ten offense without Kawhi. That's how it's gonna be without Norman Pals Night two. Defensively, I don't fault the effort on that end. There wasn't much more they can do offensively. They can probably learn more from this than defensively. Outside of those off of made bucket threes that he talked about at the very beginning there, most of them were just unconscious. You're not gonna do anything about these shots type of threes. The vast majority of the twenty two made, especially the twelve that were made in that third quarter. We'll take one more time out, We'll come back here, we'll close things out. Looking for more postgame audio. Clippers lose big to the Boston Celtics, being town beat down one twenty six to ninety four was your final. This is what happens a great team gets hot from the outside like that that takes fifty threes. Not many could survive this. I mean in NBA history maybe Golden State with KD. Sure, but it is hard to have the firepower to hang with a team like this. I meta Moslin's and you're listening to Clippers sockeyre on the M five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 1: Take us with you wherever you are on the iheartradiop Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 2: Clippers fans tonight, after seeing the Boston Celtics knock down twenty two three pointers on them, twelve of them coming in a quarter, are like, hey, we needed our Clippers legends Steve Novak and Luke can Arden this one. It's like no, because they'd get exposed defensively. The Boston Celtics, the reason they are perfectly constructed is they have so many two way guys that can shoot it. Guys that aren't a plus on one end of the floor and a minus on the other, They're just a plus all round. Addition, by addition, as we're missing Norman Powell right now, Yes, they do need him back. Hopefully he's back on Wednesday, Jay said here in the chat on Clippers stock on the YouTube side, this was an NBA scheduled loss. The Clippers looked exhausted. Most back to backs to ever started a season. Celtics also haven't played difficult teams. Problem was the Celtics just played Minnesota yesterday, a better team than the Clippers played, so they were also on a back to back, so can't really use that as an excuse. The Celtics starters had to play far heavier minutes than the Clippers starters did yesterday. So I'm not gonna put this on the back to backs, even though I think the Clippers have already played what five instances of a back to back? So what ten of their nineteen games have either been on the front end or the back end of a back to back. That's brutal. I agree with that part. A st said, gotta build another winning streak. Now, this was the battle of the winning streaks. Both teams had won five straight Boston Celtics make it six straight wins. Rock said, Minnesota doesn't suck. They're better than Philadelphia right now. And again, they had to play their starters heavy minutes. Like people just say like, oh, these guys suck.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, cool, they're gonna be a top six seed in the West. Yeah, they suck. Go check it out at the end of the season. I'll circle back to this one. Tyler and Pomona. Tyler, you're on Clipper stock without Amas and what's up?
Speaker 8: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: Buddy?
Speaker 8: How are you gonna not too bad? I hope?
Speaker 2: I mean I knew this could happen. I was prepared for this.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, what do you expect. It's the Clippers that will always clip. It's a Laker town, baby gold Laker.
Speaker 2: Oh he tried so hard. Wait, leave them, leave them. I don't want to take them down yet. Oh, Tyler, you coward. I was gonna go back to you. Oh that's just like a Laker fan to just back out of the room slowly there and run away.
Speaker 3: Week.
Speaker 2: Look, if you're trolling on a night like this where the Celtics beat the Clippers, I think you're confused out there. See the Boston Celtics, Tyler just proves something right there. This fool just proves something. The Clippers are living rent free in Lakers' heads more than their biggest rival, the Boston Celtics are. This is what's happening here. They are more worried about the Clippers than the Boston Celtics. Because, if anything, a true Laker fan should be upset that the Boston Celtics won tonight. But instead, what are they focused on? Tyler? What is a coward like you focused on?
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, no, no no.
Speaker 8: You repeated that Lakers are delusions. Flaker fans are delusional because we request trades or we have trade ideas. Why is it that Clipper fans always have the need to bring up Lakers in anything? Get over it. This is our town, This is it?
Speaker 2: Apparently apparently not? How could it be your town when you're worried about when you're worried about the Boston selfieen Championship beating the Clippers.
Speaker 8: Seventeen seventeen, you guys have none.
Speaker 6: You haven't even won.
Speaker 2: Tyler, Tyler, Tyler, do you feel like you were on the court for one of those championships? Do you feel like you were actually you were actually out there.
Speaker 8: It was was popping champagne in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Dude, Hey Tyler, once again Clippers living rent free, Slippers living rent free. Maybe we could pull him down when he's talking over me, Kittie. The Clippers are living red fre They lost to your biggest rival, and the first thing you did was say, Clippers, get a clip. Instead of being upset that the Boston Celtics one tonight, like a real Laker fan, you're more concerned about the Clippers and wanting to take a shot at them. Tyler, you're taking so many l's right now, you just proved something that we've been talking about for a long time. For some reason, these young Laker fans, they got the Clippers living rent free on them more than the Boston Celtics. And it shows you keep going. See, Tyler, you can't answer the question. Dude, Tyler, you're prove my point. You can't answer the question. You can't why are you more worried about the Clippers and the Boston Celtics. Why are you more worried about the Clippers of the Boston Celtics If it's all about rings, shouldn't you be worried about the team that has one on you, that has won eighteen Shouldn't you be worried about them winning tonight and not the Clippers losing? Doesn't that make sense to you? You both, Tyler, But you're more worried about the Clippers. You care about the Clippers losing more than the Boston Celtics. Tyler, Tyler, it's over man. You just prove my point. It's over rent free. Tyler. I'm sorry. I appreciate the phone call, but I'm sorry you thought you had this good troll job tonight. Nolkers have TEA Championships, like every stereotypical Laker fan says, you thought you had something tonight and instead you went outside because you proved it. Apparently the Clippers own a lot of that space in your brain right now, Tyler, my guy, the struggle is real. I know the Clippers have beaten the Lakers, what forty six or thirty six out of the last forty six meetings or something like that, but you probably shouldn't show that you're that upset by it by rooting for the Celtics against the Clippers. You would root for the Boston Celtics before you'd root for the Clippers. Boston supposed to be your biggest rival. They got eighteen championships, you're talking about seventeen. They got one on you. Shouldn't you be more worried about them? But instead it's the Clippers on your mind. Sean and Inglewood, what's up, my friend? You for the Boston Celtics or still me?
Speaker 9: Sean?
Speaker 2: I think he was listening so much. We'll see if we can get shot on here. I just it's hilarious to me. It just proves at all we've been talking about this this summer, as we've done a lot of shows here on Clippers Talk Sean, and it's weird that there are Lakers fans that are more concerned about the Clippers than the Boston Celtics. And a nightlight tonight proves it. The guy wanted to dunk on the Clippers for Boston winning. You're rooting for Boston in a game between them and the Clippers, Sean and Inglewood. I feel like, Sean, this should be this should be embarrassing, like old school Lakers fans. I don't know if they'd agree with Tyler like that doesn't make sense to me.
Speaker 6: No, I got you back at him because I was at the game Wednesday night when the Clippers beat the stew out of Orlando. Did Orlando went to uh goodte dot com and beat the Lakers. So Laker fans quick crying, all right, you bunch of cry baby. You want to have every superstar area is playing for Los Angeles. Even when you have success, it's not enough. That's why people that live here. Some people that live here don't even like the Lakers. And by the way, Clipper fans, don't be too hard on the Clippers tonight. We're playing with the house money. They're eleven and eight and they gain injury. The guy that shoots eight or nine three pointers a game didn't even play. Hello, wake up Clipper fans. So they even have one l on this road trip so far. Still, there's a lot of teams that would like to be eleven and eight, namely Dallas Mavericks, namely other teams that are Phoenix right now. Hello. So they're doing pretty good with the team they.
Speaker 2: Have, well said, Sean, appreciate you. On a night like tonight. There's not a lot you can do when the Boston Celtics are hitting three pointers like that. Thank you, Sean and Ingelwood, everybody. I don't know if you dropped the phone like it was the microphone. I'm sure Tyler thought he had that.
Speaker 1: The Lakers own you all.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, but the Clippers lost to Boston tonight. You're happy about that, the Celtics winning. Ooh, the mask slips, Tyler. You care more about the Clippers, who you say are not a rival of yours, that you'd root for the Boston Celtics against the Clippers. Man exposed cotton four kre on the phone line. This is groundbreaking stuff here, Like it's not exactly a gallop pole. It's just one guy. But I've been feeling this for some time that Lakers fans are more concerned with the Clippers than their historic rival going back to the sixties and the Boston Celtics. It's unbelievable, but hey, the Clippers won the head to head series in Crypto formerly known as Staples Center, and they've won about thirty six of the last forty six matchups. I guess they're starting to put up boardwalk in park place in Lakers fans' minds. Real estate is being taken up. Incredible. Tyler feels like the Clippers are a threat. I guess that means, like you know, the old Don Draper and the elevator scene from mad Men, I don't think about you at all. Lakers fans can't see that anymore. I mean, how can you say that the Clippers are irrelevant if you're calling up a Clippers show after they lose to your biggest rival. I thought in the Boston Celtics, amazing. This was a historic night. Now no longer because the Boston Celtics hit twelve three pointers in a quarter, tying the all time NBA record, but because as Katie Newton just point out Lakers fans miss their old roommates. I guess maybe they're jelly about the Clippers. Haven't Into It Dome, the Halo board, and they're thinking about them more than the Boston Celtics. This is I didn't think we get to the bottom of something this important. This is NBA history Right now, Lakers fans officially are more concerned about what the Clippers are doing than the Boston Celtics. Big nightcliber Nation almost feels like the Clippers won someways now now they felt big in Boston once twenty six to ninety four to the Celtics. They'll get back after it. They'll regroup, They'll take on the Washington Wizards on Wednesday. Pregame at three, tip off at four, Clippers and Wizards. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization. I'm Steve Balmer for building the greatest place in the world to watch a basketball game that Lakers spansher jealous of the Into It Dome. Big thanks for Ralph Lawler, Brian Sieman, Noah Igo, Carlo Jimenez on the call, Kenny Newton, our producer here in the Bank, We'll talk to you guys on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long, after every game.
Speaker 2: The volume is truly impressive, and.
Speaker 1: Make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 7: Clippers Talk Maybe