Speaker 1: Ay thirty one, think about Karsity Talk Station A very happy Friday Eve. You always made extra special happier because I heard me. The aviation expert Jay Ratli joins the program. His real job is to actually make money in the stock market, and you too could learn how to make six thousand dollars in twelve minutes.
Speaker 2: So we don't do that. We don't do that all the time. But that was that was good. But yeah, we're halfway through the fourth quarter and I think my portfolio is up sixty nine percent, so see that. That to me is one of the reasons that I do not like the long term buy, hold and pray approach because to me, it's a catch and release and the more you do it, the more you make.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, and you do teach people your method and I know that works and I've observed it over the years because you always keep me up to speed on it. It's like you're trying to make me jealous. Jay twelve, No, I just want to make you. Just don't want you to think I'm full of it, so you know.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I'm a i'd agree of integrity to this show, and I want to make sure I maintained those that high level.
Speaker 1: Well, if you had your say, since Spirit Airlines as filed for Chapter eleven bankruptcy, would that merger what was with Jet Blue that was denied or prohibited by the government officials? Would that have saved Spirit from this?
Speaker 2: I think it could have. But the problem was that when you overlap the two route maps, there were so many cities they served at the same time that you were going to be seeing a great number of jobs lost and you were going to see far fewer flights as a result of that combination. And that's one of the reasons that the government didn't allow it. It's simply just from a from a consumer standpoint, it didn't make sense because the two things that would happen would be you'd have airports that would be less served because you'd have two airlines now just down to one. And if combined they operated nine flights a day into a specific airport, a combined airlines is not going to operate nine, they're going to operate four or five. You're going to have fewer employees, and the fewer number of low cost seats that you have, the higher the fare. So just all around was never anything I like now when initially, when Spirit in Frontier we're going to get together. You lay those route maps down and they were perfect. They compliment each other perfectly. And that's the one I wanted because I thought the two of these combined could really create a stronger, low cost carrier. The problem was Jet Blue, like you know, some rich suitor steps in and says, let me pay more. And that's when, you know, Spirit count told Frontier see you later, and left. And the funny part was, after the merger with jet Blue was denied, Spirit went limping back to Frontier. Frontier said, no, we don't want to merge now. And of course, and you know, you and I've talked because for the last three months, four months, I've had people email. Let me say, Jay, Spirit Airlines, my gosh, there's stock is done eighty five percent this year. It's got to be a screaming buy. I said, well, part of that, right, screaming is accurate. Please do not buy it because it was at two fifty three dollars a share, what have you. And when the file for bankruptcy took place, as we expected that it would yesterday or day before, that stock dropped to what fifteen cents of share. Whoa, whoa, You just don't. I mean, it's just that's one of the reasons that when people email me saying, hey, Jay, this stock said it's fifty two weeks low. Who cares? Who cares? It's at that low for a very good reason. That doesn't mean go buy it, But you know, that's what the way some people think from an investment standpoint, and a lot of people played follow the leader and ended up losing a great deal of money in the process, and you just got to be careful. Now, look, if a lot of people that have Spirit Airlines in their cities listen to us, I know because they email me if I've got a reservation on Spirit, I'm not worried they're going to continue business as usual. The Chapter eleven process is something that is core to prove mandated overseeing, and it's what American Airlines has gone through, it's what United Airlines has gone through. So many of these carriers have so from our side of the ticket counter, we're probably not going to notice much of a change. Now. Spirit's not made money since I don't know, five or six years ago. They've lost a ton of money, but they're changing their business model so that they're going to start offering some premium seats and other things. And Brian, I'm excited for them, and I really think they're going to come out of this much stronger. I still want to see him here in Cincinnati because, look, I want as many low cost carrier seats in this airport as we can get.
Speaker 1: A men to that. And hasn't the landscape change for the better for the consumer here in Cincinnati because of the offerings that we have now that we used to not have.
Speaker 2: Well, the hard work by the people that are there. Candae mcgirls you know, on her way out to bigger and better things, and she and her team and many of them who've told me not to mention them on the air because they want to brag on them like crazy. They say, Nope, it's a team effort, so we're going to stay a team. They're doing a great job. And Brian, the stuff they do my hind the scenes to get existing carriers to give us more flights and to bring in new carriers to give us more options is just incredible. They are the envy of the country. They continue to be and I'm asked about Cincinnati when I'm on the West coast talking in New England, They're like, my gosh, you know, Cincinnati's really turned it around. How did they do it? And I said, because the community is now supporting low cost carriers and they're just flooding in here and taking advantage of it.
Speaker 1: Unsung here is behind the scenes making things better for all of us. Will continue, Amen, Why does an air traffic controller need to warn a plane about avoiding mountains? Big question I've got. We'll talk about that one a whole bunch more coming up with I art Mediava Snacksbert Jay Rattle If I hope you stick around, Spoz Kruger will be a little busy this morning. Bread milk, stay off the roads if you can't manage wet roads. I art Mediavation Nextsbert Jay ratl If this next story that you identified has got me a little bit puzzled. And air traffic controller orders in American Airline flight to expedite a climb to avoid mountains.
Speaker 2: What, yes, Well, that it's true, and we're trying to find out exactly the sequence of events here. But the American Airlines flight took off out of Honolulu, and there's a correction in course after you take off in an increase in altitude that for some reason wasn't being executed by this particular flight crew, and the air traffic controller noticed it and told them to expedite their climb. Now, when the term expedite is used, it's used for a very specific reason.
Speaker 1: It means do it now, you're going to fly into a mountain.
Speaker 2: Well, they weren't. They weren't close to it, because I mean, had they been close, dangerously close, you would have had the traffic collision avoidance system kick in telling them low terrain pull up, and they would have responded immediately to avert any danger or impact into the mountain. Now keep in mind that they weren't at that point, but the headlines around the country all I read was, you know, this aircraft narrowly missed the mountain, and you know it wasn't really the case, but you know, hets off to the air traffic controller who was monitoring it and saw what was going on and told them to do it, and the flight grew immediately complied. And right now they're looking at somethings trying to figure out, Okay, what was the reason for this. Was it a pilot air was it some sort of a maintenance issue with some of the components on the aircraft. Miscommunication. Yeah, I mean, they're going to have to look at exactly what caused it. But Brian, one of the things that to me, I'm the most thankful for in this kind of a situation is that a mistake was made and we can learn from that and we can make commercial aviation safer as a result, and no one got hurt or killed. Far too often these lessons have to come at the expense of injuries or fatalities. So anytime that we can learn a lesson about something that's going to make aviation even safer than it is, then I'm thrilled because we just, you know, made a mistake, Yes, but whatever happened is going to be communicated to airlines and flight crews around the entire world. So we're all going to learn from it and we're all going to see commercial aviation improve as a result. Well all, if it was a dumb mistake, it's going to be something highlighted that we can avoid in the future.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, And you know, another illustration why it's nice to have live people in the cockpit and also it's great to have air traffic controls that are paying attention and that everything fell into place and the problem was indeed avoided. So you're right, I'm glad you focus on the positivity, which is one of the reasons I like you so much, Jay, You were always focusing on the positive, all right, Moving over to try.
Speaker 2: To more than our friends at Boeing who were laying off what seventeen thousand employees, and I mean the Boeing CEO came out and said, I mean, look, we're a low here. And his frustration is he told is his employees, we're spending more time arguing among ourselves than trying to figure out how we can catch airbus. And he's really trying to change the culture, the mindset, the just the just the thought process of the employees there, saying, look, we've got one hundred thousand people that we've got to be pointed in the right direction and if we're not, we're gonna have problems. And his hands are full and he's doing everything that he can. But look, they just gave their employees a massive, massive pay raise, and to think that that wasn't going to come at the cost of some jobs, I mean, please hello, I mean, of course they're gonna have to figure out a way to do it because Bowen's losing money right now. They're not gonna get paid till those aircraft get delivered. You got to make them before they can deliver them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just waiting to have on your list, you know, Boeing files for chapter eleven bankruptcy someday here, Jay Ratler, No.
Speaker 2: It's I mean, they're they're point well with all the defense contract that they've got to I suspect they're going to be getting a lot more here soon. They're gonna be okay there, But on the commercial aviation side of things, they've really got to kick it in the gear. And as I've told you is if they get into bigger hurry, do we run the risk of a making mistakes that got us into this mess?
Speaker 1: Memory more than likely. Let's pause. We'll bring Jay Raydler back because I don't want to give a short trip to this next story, because yet I believe it can happen in Haiti. But Dallas, hang on a second, one more with Jay Rattler here on a Friday, Eve eight forty five and fifty five KR see the talk station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: Everybody, It's Peter Schrager. One more time for the weather and one more time remind you get some snow out there today. They say after three pm it could be heavy at time. Let's just be careful on the road. Thirty six will be your high today and that's right where it is now a little bit lower, overcast, overnight, breezy and some snow as well. Slick roads are possible. Thirty for the overnight. Forty three the high tomorrow, with a wintery mix in the morning, spotty light rain after that moves out mostly claudi over night down to thirty seven. Saturday is going to be a high of fifty with mostly cloudy skies closing out at thirty five. Time for final traffic Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 3: From the uc SCOLP Traffic Center. Are you one of the thirty eight million American timpacted by diabetes? Got personalized education and treatment options from the experts that you see ol learn more at UCLT dot com. Cruse continue to work for the wreck he's found on the Reigen Highway near Galbreth. Traffic is heavy from Hamilton Avenue. You could add close to an extra half hour northbound seventy five between Burlington Pike and downtown. There's a wreck on seven forty seven above Union Center, chucking fromout fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in the cockpit before? Man, it'd be a very safe place to be understanding what the next story is all about? Jay rattl if I heard media aviation expert, this has got me kind of wigged out. Jay, I've been concerned about the mass influx of immigrants. A lot of people have no idea why they're here, what they want to do other here. I'm concerned about potential tarist cells all that, and I'm familiar enough with ballistics and firearms and rifles to know that, yeah, pretty much anybody could hit an airplane if that's what they want to do now. It happened in Haiti, where there's so much disruption, political discord, and they haven't had their act together for decades and decades. They got gangs from the place. It's basically anarchy. So it happens in Haiti, I can kind of get it. But a Southwest Airline plane in Dallas got hit by gunfire prior to departure, and that's got me a little freaked out. Do we know exactly anything behind the details on this jay, We.
Speaker 2: Do not yet, And one of the things that we know is that at the time of it happening, the flight crew heard something that they described as a rattle as they were preparing for takeoff, and they thought it was a mechanical issue, went back to the gate and told the passengers on board there might be a possible mechanical issue, and they obviously when got back to the gate, they found a bullet hole in the side of the aircraft. Passengers were simply re routed, most of them totally unaware of what had happened, not till the news came out later in the day, and then law enforcement got involved so that they could try to determine, Okay, was this a targeted event where somebody was specifically aiming at this Southwest air Line seven thirty seven, or was it someone a mile away or whatever that just an errant shot that just happened to hit the aircraft. Now you have the FBI as well as the Dallas Police that are working together. They're going through some neighborhoods talking to some people and trying to see if they can get a little bit more information on how this can happen, because obviously what we want is it to be some drunk guy in the backyard that discharges a firearm and it happens to hit an aircraft, versus somebody that would think about doing something like that. So I still suspect it's going to be the latter, not the former. But you know, we're gonna have to wait and see where the investigation goes, because you know, as you know, they can look at how far it penetrated, they can look at the type of bullet, and they can get an idea at the speed at which it struck the aircraft, which can give them an idea of the distance, and they can they can reverse engineer it and back it up to try to answer a lot of questions that right now that we do not have, but hopefully in the next few weeks that we will, because any sort of attack on commercial aviation is a game changer for every airport in the country. So that's one of the reasons when this kind of thing happens, gets a lot of people's attention.
Speaker 1: Real quick, and that is a great thing. That's just frightening to me. Hell, I grew up in Dell High you know, I had friends who lived in Palisades. You could almost touch an airplane getting ready to land over at CBG from their neighborhood. So I have an appreciation of how blank and dangerous this is. It's bad enough that people pointing lasers at planes all the times, but you know, actually shooting at them. That's his next level stuff, all right, flag canceled. Joe Drecker mentioned Richard gear in connections with this next story earlier in the program. I'm not quite sure where he was coming from, but the story involves hamsters.
Speaker 2: I still don't know where he's coming from. But that's okay, that's Jo. But this one he's given me a hard time this morning, and gave him a hard time. The plane lands in Portugal and they open up the cargo man to you know, take off the bags and cargo. And there was a container that had a high undred and thirty hamsters in it that we're going to a pet store. It came open, so they popped that cargo thing, and all of a sudden, you've got hamsters everywhere, jumping out on the ground, taking off runt around the inside of the aircraft, and you know, cue the Mission Impossible music. Now you've got to collect them because when this kind of thing happens, and it happens from time to time, you have to make sure you collect every single one of those little guys because if you have any that are unaccounted for, you need to know where they're at because they'd like to chew through little things like wires and wires keep airplanes in the sky. So this aircraft sat in Portugal for four days as they were searching for one hundred and thirty hamsters. Now they got most of them pretty quick, but there were eighteen or nineteen stragglers that they had to go after and by the time they do collect them brandon. They've got to also do just kind of a maintenance sweep of the aircraft knows to tail, ye, just to make sure that there's not any components that might have been accessed that maybe compromise by one of these hamsters. So it's a funny story. Nobody got hurt. I mean funny. We were over there waiting to catch the flight that was canceled for the handers, but it was it was an inconvenience, yes, but nobody got injured or anything, and it wasn't like they were loose in the passenger compartment. That would have been a lot more fun if you had one hundred and thirty of them running through there during the flight. But yeah, we've had situations that in Atlanta where we'd have planes land that there was a bunch of white mice that were going different places. In the box was cardboard that got wet and they all came out and you had white mice going everywhere when the door was opened to undo the cargo. So it happens, and you know, they took their time trying to find all these answers.
Speaker 1: Mister comedian that he just said, wait for it's the next Samuel L. Jackson movie. You'll be coming out. We'll be snakes this time. Aniehow as we always end hub delays Jay Rayel of how's it looking out there to fly to that?
Speaker 2: Well, we've had the icing delays this morning. I know we're at the end of November. I still want to talk about that. But Chicago, New York, Boston and San Francisco getting hammered big time, some of these weather delays in one to two hours. And if anything, because we do like to look at the positive, it's this Thursday, not next Thursday. So let's hope we get all the bad weather out of the way now so the next week we can enjoy some commerce. Guys.
Speaker 1: Amen, they say there's gonna be like eighty million people traveling for Thanksgiving. Let's pray what we're.
Speaker 2: Going to be interesting? Yeah, pray for schoo because you know it's you'll be working that not working that day. I won't be working that day. So yeah, if you don't pick another day, we'll just have to skip next week. And gives me a chance to wish you an early happy Thanksgiving now, my friend, a lot to be thankful for.
Speaker 1: Amen to that, brother, and a happy Thanksgiving to you. And you are of course better half. God bless you.
Speaker 2: Jay.
Speaker 1: I always enjoy this segment. I'll look forward to doing it again two weeks from today. Take care and have safe holidays, my friend. It's eight fifty six at fifty five car see the talk station Tech Friday tomorrow with Day Have Hatter Every Friday at six thirty Donovan and Americans for Prosperity on the HIGOT Senate Leader and Speaker This morning, Bob Wetter get in touch with a wish tree helps someone out in need this Christmas season. Bob makes that easy for you to do the details at fifty five krs dot com, along with Dave Harsanyi's book, The Rise of Blue Anon. Check out the podcast and get a copy of the book fifty five krs dot com. God bless you Jay Star Joe Strecker for producing the program and cracking me up multiple times today. I sure appreciate you doing that and I'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Folks, have a great day and stick around for Glenn back.
Speaker 2: Look what it happened.
Speaker 1: This is the greatest political comment comeback of all time. This has ever been two, three, four times today fifty five KRSD Talk station. This repart