Speaker 1: Birthday shout out to Lexi from Brady. She is twenty six years old today, and I guess they both listen to the Minnesota Goodbye. I'm nervous today because I got to go to I gotta sign my will, big deal. It's like we've already reviewed it, signed, done out of there. But then I have a physical and there are a lot of things wrong with me right now. My back hurts. I sprung it at the gym the other day and it still hurts. And every time I like bend over to pick something up, it hurts. So I got to talk about that. I want to ask about a CEPAP device and just you know, just checking things out. They get to do the prostate exam where they put your finger up your heinee and poke around in there and and that's, you know, it's one of those things where it's not that bad, it's just not nobody likes to drop their pants in front of a stranger. And then they got to do the thing where they like do the hernia check, where you pull your pants down and you face the doctor and the doctor pokes his finger up in your nutsack and like says, turn your head to the side.
Speaker 2: More.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, hernia surgery.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 4: My dad just has hernia surgery.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It goes a little too in detail than what I needed to know about certain things, but I listen because you've got no one.
Speaker 4: Else to talk to.
Speaker 1: Something, Well, hernia can happen to him. I mean women and men. I guess they're more common in women, but basically it's the muscle wall. Tears and things that shouldn't go through the muscle wall poke out.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think yeah, I think that sounds right.
Speaker 1: So I'm not looking forward to that. And then I don't know, it's just one of those days where it's just not a day that I'm excited about. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's a good thing that you're doing all of it, because it's kind of you know when you have like back burner things that you're supposed to do, like not chores, but you know life things, well, like I gotta get this done, you got to get this physical done, you gotta sign your will.
Speaker 4: Some things you just gotta do, and you're doing two of them in one.
Speaker 2: Way, one day.
Speaker 4: Good job.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to the emails and see what we got a bruin here. Let's start off with this one. It's kind of more for the show, but it also works on the Minnesota Goodbye. I'm watching today's show on YouTube, and I'm getting so frustrated at the Ladies Room segment. Dave, I do agree that everyone is judged by their number of sexual partners, but men are often, not always, but often celebrated for the number of people they've slept with, while women are shamed. But that's a completely separate conversation because that's not even what the Ladies Room topic was about. Dave on Love is Blind has a problem with Lauren having hooked up with one singular person a couple of weeks before coming on the show, and he thinks there's no way Lauren could be ready for marriage if she was just recently hooking up casually with someone. That was the topic. Not sure how y'all got talking about the numbers of sexual partners and how many is too many? But I was screaming at my phone telling Dave to either get back on track or leave the Ladies Room. I say, lovingly, you know, sometimes I just kind of like try to spice things up a little bit. Yeah, by being a little bit provocative. I would also day from the show. Being single for the past four years and having the audacity to start every conversation he had with so, what's wrong with you? Why are you single? Is a bigger red flag than Lauren having a casual fling with someone before coming on the show. Just one of the many red flags, But I digress.
Speaker 3: He also went up to everyone and so they go day of the way. It works as they get out of the pods. If they got engaged, they go on some tropical vacation. So they were in Honduras. He went up to every single person, like, have you guys.
Speaker 4: Had sex yet? Have you guys had sex yet? Because I haven't, Like I want to, yeah, because I haven't. And it's like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: This man puts a lot of weight on sex, and in certain ways not correctly, like like wondering if everyone's had sex, but like it's not okay that Lauren just had sex like before coming on the show, right exactly because it wasn't with him.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I think that sex is such an interesting, fascinating thing to me because it's like appetites or tastes in food. Some people think ketchup is spicy. Some people could never eat Tabasco sauce and would never touch a ghost pepper. And then some people, when it comes to sex, it's like, Okay, well the lights have.
Speaker 2: Got to be off.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it in this very polite, traditional way, and you know, maybe once in a while on your anniversary, I'll give you a blowy. Yeah, and.
Speaker 5: I'm being serious just where you say, like in a nice traditional way.
Speaker 1: And that's how some people look at sex. And some people are like, yeah, give me that blah blah blah blah, give it to me up from the blah blah blah blah blah, bay harder blah blah blah blah blah whatever. And that's it's the same way people look at food. It's like I love sushi, I love exotic foods, I love different things. There's certain things I wouldn't eat, and the same thing. In the bedroom, people might feel more adventuresome, and some people are like, oh, ketchup is too spicy? You want to put it way type of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's true, No, it is for sure.
Speaker 1: And I think that honestly, hooking up with somebody early might come very naturally to some people, and other people hooking up with somebody early. Well, there's no way we're gonna obviously see each other for a month before I would even like, let you touch my boobies. And these are my boobies. Yeah, I'm not talking about girls, but my boobies, your boobies. But I think we've all maybe hooked up with somebody very early in a relationship, and we've all like been with somebody who doesn't want to hook up early.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking I'm thinking.
Speaker 5: Very large honestly. So I here's a fun fact about me. Anytime I would hook up too early, I would be like okay, and then it didn't work out. I'd be like, it's because I hooked up too early, and so then I would go into the next one being like, well, I'm not gonna do it early. I'm gonna wait, and then it won't turn out. So I'm like, you know what, I have all of this like superstition in my brain over like waiting versus not waiting.
Speaker 4: So now I just don't give a crap anymore. It's if I want who I want. If I don't, I don't, Okay.
Speaker 1: Now that's fair. I know that I've dated girls who we hooked up like on night number one or night number two, and it was wonderful because it wasn't about the sex.
Speaker 2: If you hook up.
Speaker 1: Early and you really have nothing in common except, you know, maybe a slight love of football or whatever little thing you have in common, and then you have sex, well then it's only going to be about sex. But if you hook up early and you also love camping and you love snowboarding and you love hiking, and you love this, and you love this and you love cribbage and whatever, then it doesn't matter whether you hooked up early or not. I think the hookup is secondary to whether you really click. Yeah, maybe maybe you didn't click with any of them.
Speaker 4: None of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's probably my problem. I don't click with anybody.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Everyone hates me why they hate you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but well that's.
Speaker 4: A bummer though. If I didn't click with anyone, how.
Speaker 2: Many were there? I'm not going to tell you that tell me because I want to judge.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to tell you because there's a number.
Speaker 3: Bailey is more reserved when it comes to talking about partners. You and I have no shame like. Bailey actually likes to keep things to herself. You and I are disgusting, and we're like, we'll tell you about that one time.
Speaker 4: That's because I know my mom listens.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure tell me about that time.
Speaker 4: And I'm always like, well whatever. At this point, it's all good anyway.
Speaker 1: Miranda writes in she's the same one that wrote this. She said, love you guys, just need to put my two cents in and actually email instead of talking to you on my phone like a freak. So in other words, I love that she listens to the Minnesota goodbye and talks back to us, And I love that you wrote in Miranda, Thank you, Miranda.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Next one, I feel the sameness talking about ground hot Groundhog Day. Hello, everybody, feel free to use my name. Heard you could use some messages this week. I feel the sameness each day the last few months. My work rotation has next Tuesday off Marty Gross. So to take shake things up, I'm taking train down to New Orleans and flying back.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: Other points on if you grew up as a middle class a middle class had your college paid for outright, or parents had the ability to pay for it. One parent never worked, usually the mom, the other did. I had a cabin up on a lake to go to in the summer. Was an intern unpaid. I'm not really sure if they're asking questions or making statements here, so it's a little bit like confusing to me, but they do say I'm with Jenny on Vegas. I was out there three years ago for the first time on a quick stopover, and I don't drink. I really don't care for gambling or going out. I found an Elvis tribute show that was going on starting in an hour, so I went. So I guess they liked that. What did you say about Vegas? You don't really like Vegas.
Speaker 3: I don't really not any I'm not a huge fan of Vegas anymore, just because when I was younger, yeah, I loved it, would go out partying until five in the morning, but now at this point, like that's not my life anymore, and I don't like to gamble, so I can't imagine that I would love Vegas. However, there are a lot of like cool places around Vegas, like Valley National Park is over there, Like there's things you could drive to that I would be very interested in going to.
Speaker 5: I agree, like I think like what you said that there's things around Vegas. And now if I like went to Vegas now, I would be going for a different reason than what I would have gone to ten years ago, because ten years ago like gambling, going out to shows, whatever, blah blah blah clubs, And then now I'd be like, oh, there's I could go to all these retro places and hear more about like Elvis, like the emailer said and things like that. So I think in general we don't look at Vegas the same way as we once did.
Speaker 1: I think that's true. I we just got back from Las Vegas, and I will tell you it's probably my least fun trip we've ever had to Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was just you know, I think the thing with Las Vegas is you realize if you gamble, you're going to lose money.
Speaker 2: M period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean almost a period. If you gamble, you're going to lose money. You might win this time, but when you come back two hours later, you're probably going to to lose.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you go to Las Vegas and you gamble, you're gonna lose money. And I know this, I've been I used to live there, and that's what we did. We'd win a little bit and then we probably lost about one thousand dollars gambling in Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: And did you have a thousand dollars worth of fun? Though? No, no, no, because that's what I.
Speaker 5: Always say with me and my mom were like, Okay, if we're gonna go gambling, we have to have the amount of money that we spend worth of fun in case we all of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good mindset.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it is.
Speaker 1: That's a good mindset. We did go to the Neon Museum, which was nice. That was like twenty bucks apiece, and then we went to a magic show which is like one hundred dollars apiece, and that was nice. It was fun, but Vegas is like a lot of the time. We walked out onto Free wont Street, We're like, well, what do you want to do? I don't know, we already did everything yesterday. What do you want to do? Let's go down to a Let's go down to the Luxore, Let's go down to New York, New York. Okay, well go walk in New York, New York. What is there to do when you walk in New York, New York? Three things? Gamble, drink shop, yep, oh, there's eat also eat. So there's four things, gamble, drink, shop, eat.
Speaker 4: There's a lot to look around at.
Speaker 1: That's that's not bad. We watch We watched the marathon. There was a marathon.
Speaker 5: Until what's the one where you like go inside and it seems like you're outside in like Italy, it's.
Speaker 4: Like the whole inside that That one is cool.
Speaker 5: I love that one just walking around and looking at it because I went to Vegas with my mom when I was like under twenty one. I was maybe in high school, middle school, and we had a great time just looking around at stuff and like experience.
Speaker 1: There is a lot to look around at this true and Venice is actually it is indoors, but they paint the ceiling to look like the sky, and they have the canals and they have the little lum the yes, and then they paddle up and down by these shops that you can't afford, and if you go in, they give you a dirty, shitty look because they know that you're trash and you can't afford to be in their shop. And they're right, because every shop you go into is like you know, Doulce and Bona or some very expensive jewelry store.
Speaker 4: Have you got your ouf?
Speaker 1: At Walmart, and you got your outfit at Walmart. You walk in and some guy or some woman that owns the store, they're looking at you like you filth.
Speaker 2: I don't even do out of my store.
Speaker 3: I don't walk into those stores because I don't want to deal with that. I just think it's like ridiculous Tony who's a friend of the show and comes on every once in a while. He loves a designer bag, so that man, every time he goes to Vegas he comes home with something from one of those boogie shops. And I was like, Oh, you and I are different, we have different lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't know the next time I'll go to Las Vegas. I mean, honestly, I just I didn't. I enjoyed the break, I enjoyed sleeping in. We had a really bad steak dinner, so that kind of fucked up the whole food thing, and we ate twice at a Japanese noodle place because it was cheap and free and not free, but it was cheap and quick. Next one, Please don't say my name. I grew up in a lower class household with siblings and an addict mom, and we moved a lot my mom and I were very close. Unfortunately, my mom passed away last year. I'm sorry to hear that. I am thirty three without kids and I went on my first vacation a couple of months ago with my boyfriend to a resort. It was the first time I'd seen palm trees in person. It was amazing. It was just what it needed to relax. Now, this past year's events have made me reflect on my life. How if things were different, we could have had family trips, stability, and more time together. I'm realizing how much the stress of caring for an addict weight on me and I remember Mom was an addict, but they were very close. I'm feeling resimbment in morning, at the same time inspired to make life joyful. My life's journey has sparked my desire for sterilization. I know it's a bit of a different email and to take sterilization of what that's what they say, and to take trips when I have time off work. Although this may be a deal breaker with my boyfriend of two years. Oh, she want the boyfriend to get sterilized, Okay, I feel it's a right choice for me and I'm always saying positive life short take vacation. I'm wondering if anybody else has a meaningful or inspiring lifestyle affirmation story. Thanks for your time. I'm not sure. I follow this very interesting email exactly.
Speaker 3: Stay in sterilization as if she like, the boyfriend's going to get fixed so they can have.
Speaker 1: Yees so they can travel. Yeah, Okay, I think that's what she's saying. Okay, So in other words, I don't know that I would define that as a lifestyle affirmation, but I thought it was an interesting thing.
Speaker 5: So I mean you, I have one lifestyle affirmation that I always reference because it's the only one. I remember my mom when we were in like high school and we would complain about being bullied or feeling stupid or ugly or whatever. She would tell us to just be and not think about being pretty or being smart or being funny, to just be who we were. And I think about it all the time because that's what my mama said.
Speaker 2: That's very nice. That's some good advice.
Speaker 4: I got to be anything. I just got to be.
Speaker 1: I will say that one of my things that I have. I don't know if it's an affirmation, but it is to have something to look forward to And this is in my book and I've always thought this, I've realized this years ago, and I found a little meme that I'll read to you. A big part of being happy is being excited. Being excited for everything, making a cup of tea, seeing a friend, the next episode of your favorite show, buying something you've been saving up for, sunsets, traveling, falling in love, live a life you are excited about. A big part of being happy is being excited. So what are you excited for right now?
Speaker 2: Bailey? Anything?
Speaker 4: Today?
Speaker 5: I'm judging a speech tournament and I'm freaking jazzed about it.
Speaker 2: Are you okay?
Speaker 5: I can't wait because it's none of my kids. So I get to see brand new stuff and write feedback for it, and I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Will Jenny, what are you excited for?
Speaker 3: Well, if I can figure out timing with stuff, because I have to deal with this dog getting picked up. I'm going to go to a coffee shop that Bailey actually sent me, and I don't really want to say what it is, yeah, because I don't want it to blow up because it's brand new and it's like one of those coffee shops that as soon as word gets out everyone and their mom's going to be going to but I'm probably going to check it out this afternoon if I can figure out some other things with my schedule. So I'm very excited about that because I love checking out new spots. It's so cool, just like exploring the city you live in. Yeah, and then when something new comes up, it's always fun.
Speaker 1: No, I like that, that is super cool. It's fun to find a cool little new coffee shop. When I found like Monka Beans or whatever it's called over in Hopkins, it's like, oh, look at this.
Speaker 4: It's just funny because it's been there forever and you just discovered it.
Speaker 2: Yeah to Hopkins. Yeah, I mean yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so cute.
Speaker 2: Hello besties.
Speaker 1: This email says Bailey, I want to let you know, next time you're going to walk one of your crazy, insane twenty mile walks, you should walk your cute little butt to Old Piper In in Blaine, nineteen miles from uptown. My husband and I stopped in there for a late night snack and you wouldn't believe what I heard on the karaoke stage. Wait for it, Andrew Lloyd Webber Music of the Night and amazingly sang by the way I sang along and had all the feels I grew up listening to that soundtrack. My mom was a huge Phantom of the Opera fan. Anyway, it's a thing there on Saturday night, all Broadway opera, not your average Karaoki songs, Wow, and everybody seems like a professional singer. It was super fun to hear all these songs you never hear and nobody sucks, so it was entertaining. I told my husband I got to tell Bailey about this. Hope you can check it out sometime. Have a great rest of your day.
Speaker 4: Ah yeah, I even got to walk there.
Speaker 1: I might just go another email. Let's check it out, Dan, here we go. Have you had any thoughts? Says Kevin on all the plane crashes lately. My family and I are flying next Friday, and although we're experienced flyers and not concerned, I just want to see if you added anything to add, or if there's anything those of us flying should be careful of. My brother is a new pilot and he says it's all being sensationalized. Although I can't help but wonder why our friend Gary Spivey would say, if you don't know who that is. That's a psychic that's been on the show many times, if there's some sort of dark energy over the airlines or it really is all just media dramatization, just interested in hearing two cents worth from another pilot, especially with the incidents since you've discussed this last time. So the latest one was a Southwest Airlines jet was landing and as they're landing, they look down the runway and there's a private jet crossing the runway. Had the Southwest jet not paying attention, they probably would have hit each other and many people would have died. So how did this happen? I watched a video on it yesterday because I'm a pilot and I get into things like this. So it was Midway Airport, which is basically it looks like it. The runways at Midway looked like a tic tac toe layout. They just go this direction in this direction, and between all the tic tac toe shape runways there's taxiways and turns and corners, and they're all labeled with the letter of the alphabet A.
Speaker 4: Through Z, like Battleship twelve.
Speaker 1: But they'll say like turn left on Alpha taxi to I don't know taxi to Tango and then turn left on Sierra, and it can be confusing, really confusing, especially at an airport like that that you're not familiar with. So anyway, the Southwest jet is landing, the Southwest jets doing nothing wrong, and they give instructions to the commuter jet or the private jet, and the commuter jet is confused and the tower controller is confused and they're not sure where they are and they basically were not cleared to cross this runway hold short of this runway. Well they thought they were, I think, but then they crossed right over. Yeah, so it was mostly the pilot's fault, but also partly the controller's fault.
Speaker 4: Are there two pilots usually.
Speaker 1: It depends, Okay, most of the time when you go on an airplane like a you know, like a Southwest or sun Country or Delta jet, Yeah there's two pilots. But in a lot of smaller private planes, sometimes there's two, but sometimes there's just one.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: But the Southwest pilots they were landing and they looked down the runway. Oh shit, there's a plane crossing in front of us. And they're like quickly did what they call it go around, which I think we talked about on the show yesterday. I think so anyway, I don't there has been a I don't know, a streak of aircraft incidents and accidents.
Speaker 3: Okay. Bailey had this opinion like a couple of weeks ago that because of like that one big crash that happened near DC or wherever it was. Bailey was like, do you think that they're just like reporting more because of like that? And I do feel like any little thing that goes wrong with airplanes now there is an article on it. I saw people share or something, and that wasn't even a crash, It wasn't anything, but it was like, oh what an airplane flew down and then had to fly back up because it wasn't ready to land or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So I feel like all these articles are getting shared that are kind of like normal things that probably have been happening, but because that happened, it's all like it's the hot topic now. Is like people are going to click on that stuff even if it was like nothing out of the norm.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 1: I kind of see that, but I don't really think that's the case because the one in DC where like eighty people, sixty people died. That definitely merited a lot of coverage. Not too long after that was the plane that landed hard, broke its wing off and rolled over. That was a legitimate news story. Yeah, this one. Had it not been for those plane crashes, probably wouldn't even have been reported on. Yeah, probably would have never been reported on because it's it's not that uncommon, but it was such a potential disaster. But I think the media does I mean, that's the media. Don't don't ever think that the media is there to honestly report the news. They're not. They're there to make money in their business. They're a business, and they're to sensationalize and get you to watch. And if they're like, Okay, guess what an asteroid is headed to Earth? Find out tonight with you know, NBC Nightly News. How long you've got to live? That's what they do because they want you to watch.
Speaker 3: I just I always remember my uncle Joe, he lives in Florida, and he was coming, he was coming up to Wisconsin, and he said that they were like getting close to land. They were descending and everything getting very close, and then they jetted out back in the air and circled for another like thirty minutes, and when he was getting off, he was like, so, what happened there? And then Pilot was like, don't worry about it. So I feel like things like this have been happening, Like not obviously the crash stuff that is all like newsworthy, but I think some of the other stuff is being extra covered because of the crash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think there's probably some legitimacy to that. I think that, you know, I would love to know what happened with that in Florida with your uncle. Yeah, but I think once you do a go around I said yesterday, could be anything from you know, your landing gear is not all the way locked in, or there's a deer on the runway and you got to go around. Well, they got to work you back into the pattern. And if there's it's a busy airport, they can't just have you go around once and you know, do a U turn and fly back in.
Speaker 2: You got to go out.
Speaker 1: You got to circle over like Hastings, Minnesota, until they can finally work you back into the into the traffic pattern. So that's all I know, most of which is speculation, and that is it for the Minnesota Goodbye? Send your emails in because we would love to hear from you, especially if you've never written before, or maybe you've written a million times. If you want to bring up something completely different, We love different, that's super cool. Send it in to Ryan Show at katiwb dot com. And if you do, first of all, thank you. I really appreciate that.