Speaker 1: Yea ripped up.
Speaker 2: New need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running as.
Speaker 4: Fast as we can.
Speaker 5: Shooter's gonna help come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: No Tom Martino. Hey, Hey, hey, I'm Tom Martino. We are here solving your problems, answering questions, taking complaints. Here's how the show works. You call three oh three Martino twenty four to seven three oh three six two seven eight four six six from all over this country. You call us. We solve your problems if we can, or we tell you where you went wrong or what could be done to prevent it. We help those listening as well, and then we have guests on as well. Today I have a Barry Miller with us from Vestera Turnkey. So much curiosity about his program. So many people misunderstand it.
Speaker 1: Uh, not in a bad way, but they think it's people grouped together and buy houses, and it's not that at all.
Speaker 4: But it's how to become a landlord. And we'll be talking to Barry coming up, but he's sitting with me of your streaming. He's right here. Hello, Barry, welcome, thank you for being here. Hey, it's great to be here to so if you had to in a couple sentences describe Vestera Turnkey in a couple sentences, now not a speech, what would you say?
Speaker 6: Through extensive research, all of our customers are receiving thirty five, forty percent or more annual returns on their investment cash on cash returns because of thorough research. They actually own the property all turn key. They own an individual home that we have selected through an extremely accurate process, so they'll have no tenant problems, typically no management problems.
Speaker 7: We have all the people, and you.
Speaker 4: Assign a supervisor for each owner.
Speaker 7: For each owner, we have a coordinator is mind.
Speaker 4: Dave is mind?
Speaker 8: Dave?
Speaker 6: I know you help me personally, I back up, but Dave is your person.
Speaker 4: And I have I'm closing on my third home today with my investors. I put together a different kind of program for those listening, not a different program. It is Vestera Turnkey. It's one hundred percent Vestera, but vesta turnkey requires a cash investment down and then you get a loan and you own a rental and that rental is managed through a management company arranged by Vestera. Vestera takes your phone calls and how it takes you know in other words, if the tenant calls the management company and the management company needs to make a decision. They talked to Vestera. Vestera filters and shelters you from all the conventional risks and hassles. So I'm on my house number three. But the reason I did it is I had investors coming to Wave eight Wealth Management and they wanted to do Vestera, but they didn't want to do the whole thing. They just wanted to do it with a partner or two. So I put together a series of LLCs for people who don't want to do the whole chunk. Now, remember doing the whole chunk is the way it's designed. You go there, you buy a house. If you want to go through Wave through me, you'll own a portion of it, usually twenty percent of it. So it depends on what you want to do. We both can accommodate you for the same program, but it's always better to go direct, have a property in your name, and then manage that property through them, and then sell it when they tell you to sell it and take advantage of their program. Uh. So he'll be here today right now. Mike though called in with a issue with an autobody shop. So I want to start with Mike. Phone calls take priority. Here. It's three oh three six two seven eighty four sixty six. Now we also have a local number in the studio here, three oh three seven one three talks seven to one three eight two five five. Mike, what's going on with you? Mike?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 4: Hello, How are you good? What's happening?
Speaker 8: I took my car that.
Speaker 10: Is wrecked by my wife over a year ago to.
Speaker 11: An autobody shop.
Speaker 10: He's had it for fourteen months.
Speaker 4: Well, hold on a second. That doesn't make sense to me. Yeah, fourteen months? Why has it been there? Fourteen months?
Speaker 3: That's what I've.
Speaker 10: Been trying to.
Speaker 4: Hold on? Hold on? Is this an insurance repair? Or are you paying for it out of pocket? Mike? Did we have a problem with Mice's connection guys? Or do we have a problem? Okay?
Speaker 1: Possibly, Yeah, we're gonna have to get We're gonna have to re establish with Mike.
Speaker 4: But I can think of no reason why you would have fourteen months in a body shop. We'll get him back on, Peter, what's going on? Peter?
Speaker 3: My Senior show a couple of days ago, and it seems like you really have the enthusiastic stuff cause the controversy that I need to put two X mayors of a police chief in jail.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that sounds that sounds serious. And does this guy have a real case? So go ahead and tell your story.
Speaker 3: That's the problem that I have when I call the Attorney General, executive Attorney General and my governor, and it was the Cares Act, because yeah.
Speaker 4: People, people are always people are always going to wander. Is this guy legit? I mean everyone does that no matter what. So tell your story and let's decide what's what's going on.
Speaker 8: Peter, Well, the story is I lived in a storage facility for fifteen years.
Speaker 3: The real quick part about this.
Speaker 4: Wait, you live You lived there in a storage facility?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and X mayor did rented to me light on a police report and said I didn't leave there. That's the first lie against them, and that's on paper through the country.
Speaker 4: Now, now, hold on, So you rented a storage facility? Where was this? Where or where is it?
Speaker 1: Where's the School of Illinois in Illinois?
Speaker 4: Okay? So you you rent a storage facility in Illinois? And what's the name of the storage facility?
Speaker 3: It was called Premiere or Precise auto body shop. And then they had a back lot which was maybe four or five acres and they parked trucks, cars, boats, trains, and et cetera.
Speaker 4: Okay, so they have storage in the back. And did you say the mayor owned.
Speaker 3: It at one time?
Speaker 4: The mayor?
Speaker 3: They turned to x mayor because they kick you after being a mayor for so long? Would they say that the rolls over like the next mayor is in charge for so many years or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's term limits, term limits for Peters?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, Oh Peter, how Peter?
Speaker 4: How much were you paying for this facility monthly? Five dollars and how and you were there for fifteen years? Then what happened?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 3: They poisoned my dogs and then the stuff started.
Speaker 4: This sounds Peter, Why were you why? Okay, you're not living there anymore, right.
Speaker 3: No, I got everything destroyed and I landed in a hospital for two years.
Speaker 4: So did you just get out of the hospital left may correct? Do you mind if I asked what kind of hospital?
Speaker 8: Was it?
Speaker 4: A mental hospital?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: It wasn't a mental hospital because I was fully aware of what happened. There was a propane explosion after he cut all the electricity off of me.
Speaker 4: Okay, So to get rid of you, the ex mayor did some shenanigans. What did the ex mayor do to get rid of you?
Speaker 3: Well, what he did is he tried to make me go nuts that would land me into a mental facility, and I just stepped back. What he did to me is he stole my nineteen eighty seven Grand National, which was one in one of those spots that I rented.
Speaker 4: And what city was he? What city was he the X mayor? Is he was he mayor of? What city he was the mayor of Homer Glenn, Homer Glenn, Illinois, Illinois, Homer Glenn. Okay, So anyway, where does it stand today? What for you today?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Egathen Like, why are.
Speaker 4: You calling today? What can we do for you?
Speaker 3: I want to expose him because this such because of the executive and the Attorney general and the governor. Prickster won't call back. I want to give a complaint. Like here I ask you question, who's going to be answering them?
Speaker 4: What is your complaint? Though? That's what I need to know. What is your complaint? You got out of the hospital last year. You've been out of that place for a couple of years now, So what is your complaint? What is your complaint today?
Speaker 3: Fine? Is I believe my civil rights lawyer has been paid off because he's.
Speaker 8: Turning into a narcissist telling me everything that's.
Speaker 3: Wrong, and I'm just like, no, that's not why we're.
Speaker 4: Agreed to Peter, Peter, hold on, Hold on a second, just hold on. Okay, listen. This is an example of a problem that goes deep. Okay, Now, here's the deal. Here's what I want to do for fun and to see what. I don't know if Peter's got a case. I don't know what he's calling about today. Here's what I want to do, Shopper, you're in the studio. I want to give the guy at least a hearing off the air, take some notes, and then I want you to interpret for us. I want you to be our ai. I want you to summarize this and tell us what he's calling about. Can you go talk to him right now? Yeah, Tom, that's not a problem. Let's do that now. Listen, when people call with problems like this, what do I do? What should I do? You? Guys, tell me what should I do? I listen to people because not everyone's a nut. But at the same time, when you talk about living in a storage facility, then they turned against you, and they plotted against you. Your own attorney was paid off. I mean really, and think about this, I mean think about the calls I get like that. What would you do with calls like this? I'm asking my people, what would you do? Come on, tell me the truth? What weld you do? Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We're gonna give him a here, We're gonna give him a listen off the air and figure out what he's trying to tell us. Now, we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Showwaterpros dot net The best water Systems the lowest prices anywhere, gets your reverse host Moses twelve hundred to the kitchen sink and get rid of all forever chemicals and plastics and chlorine and all of that crap for just thirty nine ninety five for the entire house. Waterpros dot Net three O three eighty six two five five five four The best go with a sure Thing Denvers Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino. You're a shovel shooter three O three seven on three Talks seven one three eight two five five. Sarah's got a comment on that call I took from Peter Now. Some people are saying I should have hung up on him. The guy's a nut job. Somebody else says it makes good radio. Look, I'm letting people call with any and all problems, and then we'll decide where and what to do with it, Okay, even if it's recommending help for the guy. This guy apparently lived fifteen years in a storage facility. He believes the world's out to get him. Homer Glenn, Illinois. He says that the ex mayor plotted against him. Blah blah blah. Choppers talking to him now so what is your comment on that, Sarah.
Speaker 14: Well, first of all, thank you so much for taking my call. I'm surprised I was just making an information kind of called. But I want to thank you also for your long years of service to thousands and thousands of us. Thank you who gets you ramp up our intelligence by listening My experience with my son as we had rented an apartment a few years ago here in Colford to Springs and encountered some things that I've never encountered firsthand with before we thought we moved into something de luxe. We had been in a place that was very downtrodden and it was just a beautiful place to live. It met all my criteria. But the folks that we rented from were not on the up and up, and over time we found out that they observed that they were trespassing on our WiFi would get shut off. I would call and ask Horizon, Hey, is there's an outage out here?
Speaker 4: And they say no, So Sarah, why were they doing that? Why were they doing that?
Speaker 14: Because they're criminals?
Speaker 1: And so, Sarah, are you saying, wait a minute, are you saying that part of what Peter was saying ring true?
Speaker 4: To you and you can see where people people can think your nuts and basically people are out to get you. Are you really saying that right now? Is that what you did? You hear stuff in Peter's story that you thought to yourself, Yeah, that could happen. Absolutely, So you were renting a place and your landlord was trespassing in your apartment? Yes, And do you believe the landlord was doing it? Like, what was the motive of the landlord? And again, Sarah, I want to be fully transparent here. I never make fun of people, but I have to discern when people call me and I'm serious about this, does someone have a legit problem or are they imagining it? Or are they maybe a little paranoid? So that's what I'm trying to get at, because I am sure there's a little bit of truth in almost everything. So what gave you the impression the landlord was coming after you? And why why didn't the landlord simply to you well?
Speaker 14: And we completed our lease with a notice in advance and held up our side of everything. The reason what I discovered over time, I knew that he was not of the same faith as me. What I didn't know is that he was deeply involved in the occult. And so some people that are involved with certain kinds of worship, you who want to call it, that are highly invested, even personality wise, in breaking rules and they are actually in pursuit of power as opposed to other things that you and I.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, you're saying it was you're saying that your landlord's motives were pure evil, basically is what you're saying.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, okay, all right, and there's evidence that he did it before.
Speaker 4: Well, I appreciate you calling and giving she's trying. What she's trying to say to me is don't be quick to call people nuts you never know. And thank you, Sarah for calling. Here's the thing. I'm starting out this morning with one guy living in a storage facility fifteen years who believes that an ex mayor who was renting to him was out to get him, and they plotted against him. They stole his stuff. He ended up in the hospital getting sick for two years. He just got out last year. In my opinion, that man suffering from mental illness. That's my opinion. Now, Sarah, she calls and says, wait a minute, things like this have happened to me. Weird stuff. We got a landlord in the occult, that landlord was trespassing, that landlord was doing evil things. Is she a nut? Or is it?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 4: Here's what I'm asking. What do I do? Am I a judge and jury? What do I do? D What would you do? What would you do?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: I would advise Sarah to go. I would advise Sarah to get out of that situation and remove them.
Speaker 4: Well she did, she did obviously. Yah.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So there are a lot of people who are over They're out there over analyzing other people's motivation and other people's past actions when they really have no bearing on this particular life anymore.
Speaker 4: So just do you think? Do you think there? How do I put this? There are a lot of mentally ill people who seek help and they hear my show and think he listen to me? Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think listening is the key because I am a father of a bipolar daughter.
Speaker 1: Yes, and know lots of the mental and people can people can go off the deepen in.
Speaker 6: The mental word every other six month period, three four times a year, and they imagine a lot of things. But what they don't have enough of is listening. That's a double edge.
Speaker 4: But sometimes here here's the problem. Sometimes if you listen to them and you try to reason with them and say, look, this is probably not happening, or I want to help you, but here, let's look at it in this way, they think that you're against them.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's hard to reason because they don't have reasoning skills anymore. Cognitively, they've lost it, and that's a shame. It's a high percentage of people in our society that have those mental problems.
Speaker 4: Barry Miller is with Vestera Turnkey with us today. Somebody texted me and wanted to know what are the price ranges of houses you target and what kinds of markets.
Speaker 6: The kind of markets we target are the strongest economic markets without exception in the United States of America.
Speaker 4: How do you find them?
Speaker 6: How we find them is now, this is the short answer, thorough accurate research. But we have over sixty points of calculus. It's not so much about real estate, it's about the economy in that pocket, in every pocket in the United States.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's what I want to ask you.
Speaker 1: I don't recall I must I signed a services agreement with you because I'm in your program.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if there was a non disclosure in there. Because I noticed where you're having me buy houses. I could easily say to people, here's where we're buying houses. So is there a non disclosure?
Speaker 7: You have signed it up?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay. And that's where we don't give the city no, no no, But because because you don't want people taking one bit of information and going out and trying to do it and then say, wait a minute, I'm not making any money here.
Speaker 6: Well well well, but they also say they think it's easy to just find the best house in the best neighborhoods, in the best economic areas in the country.
Speaker 4: That's not easy to How do you know when a house value is suppressed and we'll rate and we'll go up in value. How do you know that.
Speaker 6: By comparing it with two hundred or more other communities of that were similar kind Okay, ice range is important. We do stay under the national median price range because that's where the high equity gain.
Speaker 4: Okay, So all right, good I Vestera turnkey by the way, and we're going to be talking about the seminar coming up on the nineteenth, is it yep, nineteenth of July Saturday. Mark your calendars or and you can always call them directly. But Mike, I want to get back to you on this body shop. I need to know something and then we're going to go back to you. You said you took your car into a body shop fourteen mins months ago. Why was this an insurance job or a self pay.
Speaker 8: Self pay?
Speaker 4: And what did you take it in for.
Speaker 10: The back quarter panel was hit and that was it. The back quarter panel and the back bumper fell off.
Speaker 3: But it was a kind of.
Speaker 10: Extensive damage to this little quarter panel. But the rest of the car was like in perfect shape. It was a brand new car.
Speaker 4: What kind of car?
Speaker 13: It was?
Speaker 10: A twenty twenty Kia four k.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, we'll come right back to you. Let's figure out what's going on with this. I'm Tom Martino. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. One clear choice garage door. Speaking of cars, if you have a garage, you need one clear choice doors at one time or another, whether it's just to tune up your door or a brand new door or brand new opener. They have all kinds of features, Wi Fi features, time to close features, battery backups, go to their website. All the prices clearly marked right there.
Speaker 1: One clear choice Doors dot com.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez, your troubleshooter three all three seven to one three talk seven one three A two five five. So Mike says he took a twenty twenty KEYA forte to a body shop fourteen months ago. What's the name of the body shop?
Speaker 10: It's J and O Autobody, J and L.
Speaker 4: Where are they located.
Speaker 10: In Pablo, West, Okay?
Speaker 4: So tell your story. How the heck do you get there fourteen months ago and not get your car back?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Mark, it seems just to be a long ongoing issue. Every time we try to get a hold of him, he gives us a run around or what's going on with sar car? I seen him about six months ago in the Bowling Alley and I confronted him and asked him how my car's going, and he told me to be done in a month. So I wait a month, I hear nothing. So then two months come along, I still hear nothing.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean this is unacceptable. I mean, I mean, Mike, it's a very simple proposition. You took your car in for repair, and it's fourteen months. For God's sakes, what if you want to go pick it up and just say forget it? Did you pay this guy anything?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 10: I gave him half down, which was six thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Almost see he spent that money?
Speaker 8: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, what's okay?
Speaker 4: We need to call him. Who's what's the name of the guy you've been dealing with at J.
Speaker 9: And O.
Speaker 4: Orlando? Orlando? What's his last name?
Speaker 8: I have no idea?
Speaker 4: Orlando. Okay, listen, I want to call down there. Hey, why Kitchina, why don't we just call down there. Let's just call down to this freaking place. J and O Autobody in Pueblo, West Orlando, fourteen months, six thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, what the hell? Why are people doing this? Why are you putting money down?
Speaker 4: Why? Mike, why did you give him six grand? Come on, I'm gonna put some back on you. Why did you give this guy six grand?
Speaker 10: Well, you just said he needed half down to buy parts and material That's.
Speaker 4: A red flag, right there. A company that doesn't have a line of credit, that needs money to buy materials, don't do business with them. That's right. I'm taking a hard line from now on. And hold on, Mike, We're going to call down there for you. I'm taking a hard line from now on. If you're a contractor, get the hell out of business. If you can't afford materials for a job, get out of business. We don't want to give you money upfront. Get out of business. Okay, get out of business. Get a line of credit, or get out of business.
Speaker 1: If you're a body shop you can't buy parts, get.
Speaker 4: Out of business. If you're an auto repair facility you can't buy parts, get out of business. You're all a bunch of clowns. I am tired of this. What do ninety nine percent of people who get in trouble have in common. Ninety nine percent You give up, Come on YouTube, morons, answer me right now. Ninety nine percent. What is it? I'll tell you what it is. Put money up front. Ninety nine percent of all ripoffs money up front. Hey, are you still there? Are is Chopper still talking to that other nut job or not? Is Wait? You're still talking to him?
Speaker 15: No, Choppers still talking to him?
Speaker 4: Okay, so, oh, Dollar, you're there. Dollar, would you call down to this body shop and just say, come on, Orlando, what the hell's the excuse? Fourteen months? Come on, man, do you have anything done on that car? Just put the screws to them.
Speaker 1: I'm so tired of people ripping people off.
Speaker 4: I'm really tired of it. You know, I'm telling you, I'm.
Speaker 1: Get Look, I used to be bold. I got mild. They got bold, They get mild.
Speaker 4: They going I go in waves, And right now is a seventy one year old cancer survivor who's going through my follow up chemo right now. I am really pissed off. I'm pissed off at people who rip people off. When you take money from people, it's supposed to go toward what you said it was going to go toward you lie in piece of crap. Jim, you have a question on Medicaid. How can we help you.
Speaker 13: Jim Medicaid?
Speaker 4: Yes, what is your How can we help you? What is your question?
Speaker 8: I would like to know who qualifies for.
Speaker 3: Medicaid, What these compunications are.
Speaker 4: It's it's strictly on income only, not on what you own, not on anything else, just income. And you qualify by calling Medicaid. They have a phone number, and they have an online portal. And I think the income I think for a single individual is around fourteen dollars a month.
Speaker 13: Got it.
Speaker 8: I qualify theoretically. But I went to the state of Colorado and I talked to this woman named Veronica Reeves, and she says, there's no such thing as medicaid after sixty five years old.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh, that's because of Medicare. Medicaid No, but Medicare when you're over sixty five.
Speaker 4: That's why they said you can't get medicaid. You can get medicaid if you're over sixty five. You know what, I know what I want to do, Kachina, do me a favor. This guy took the time to call in Jim, let me get Integra insurance on. Let's try to get either John Senior or John Junior on to talk about this, because there is a there. I know some people that get both Medicare and Medicaid. Okay, and the medicaid kind of acts like a supplement. Uh schenon? Did Kachina hear me? Good? Let's try to get him on three l three seven one three eight two five five. Frank durand the real estate man. We're talking about real estate today. If you want to know what your house will sell for, and you want a good idea without listing, Frank will do a free market analysis of your home, free no obligation, and he takes into consideration all market factors including interest, rates of mind, demand, comparables, the neighborhood. Frank Duran, wonderful man. Do a market analysis pretty accurate. That's frankdorand the Realestateman dot com three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation. Comparison call Compass insurance pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. We have John June Jones Junior on. I want to try to get him up right now from Integra Insurance. John, thank you for being here man. When it comes when it comes to Medicare, can you have both Medicare and Medicaid?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 8: Sir?
Speaker 4: Now did you go ahead? Did you say no?
Speaker 1: Sir?
Speaker 16: Yes, you can have both Medicare and Medicaid, and you could qualify for Medicaid being over the age of sixty five because it depending on your income and there are other options for you outside of that as well as far as a managements specifically designed for.
Speaker 8: Those who are dual eligible.
Speaker 13: Is what it's called.
Speaker 4: Dual Now tell me when you're due, when you're dual eligible. When does Medicaid pay and when does Medicare pay? How do they work together?
Speaker 16: So Medicare is going to I believe Medicare pays first and then Medicaid picks up.
Speaker 4: So is medicaid. Is it safe to say medicaid for those who qualify as kind of like a supplement.
Speaker 16: Sure, I mean that's what you don't need a supplement. You don't want necessarily a supplement. If you have Medicare and Medicaid.
Speaker 13: I mean you certainly don't need one.
Speaker 16: And so because yeah, Medicaid is picking up what Medicare is not what Medicaid picks up after Medicaid pays first.
Speaker 4: Now, Jim, you say you called Medicare and they told you this is impossible, or did you call Medicaid?
Speaker 8: I called this. I stood in front of the State of Colorado and adal came out and she told me there's no no such thing, not kind of, there's no such thing as medicaid after age sixty five.
Speaker 13: John, that's certainly not.
Speaker 17: No, that's not the case.
Speaker 4: And clients, Jim, Jim, when you said you went to the state, what do you mean you went to the state, What does that mean?
Speaker 8: I went to Adams County Social Services.
Speaker 4: Okay, and you get in that person. That person didn't know what they were talking about.
Speaker 8: And she's the head lady. She came out after I talked to the guy the counter. Her name is Veronica Reeves.
Speaker 4: Well, you can tell Veronica Reeves she's wrong.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know. But what do I do?
Speaker 13: You can apply for Medicaid.
Speaker 4: I mean you go directly to Medicaid. You don't have to go through Social Services. You go directly to Medicaid.
Speaker 16: I recommend you contact Medicaid. Just give Medicaid a call. Go, okay, the application over the phone of Medicaid.
Speaker 8: Okay, John. I already had dual complete with Humana insurance. Yeah, and suddenly they suddenly, the state called my Medicare teacher and said.
Speaker 3: We got a problem here.
Speaker 8: Something's not lining enough. He's got two bank accounts that are ten years old that we have to have confirmation on. So I got those right to him immediately. They could close for ten years, and then they never put me back on Medicaid.
Speaker 4: I don't even know why they care about bank accounts, John. They only care about it income, right, Well.
Speaker 16: There's certain though, No, not when it comes to if you're dual eligible. They do look at her, but your savings as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I would think they'll want you to have a yacht in the ocean or something, but I don't right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: But they still want to know. Okay, so if you're dual eligible, not for regular Medicaid, but if you're dual eligible, they want to make sure you don't have a stash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to have a.
Speaker 16: Certain I can't remember the exact number that your savings have to be under.
Speaker 4: But so, Jim, since you're already on Medicare, why don't you just go apply for Medicaid again?
Speaker 8: I guess I will, but it's extremely confusing, and all of a sudden, I'm making appointments to see doctors and I don't have insurance. All of a sudden, they don't even contact me.
Speaker 4: Jim, no matter what you have Medicare.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you know what that means Medicare. I just got done appointment with this guy, an oral surgeon. They're going to cover three.
Speaker 4: Who hung up? Somebody?
Speaker 3: Okay, not me?
Speaker 4: Okay, John, Okay.
Speaker 8: Are you am? I on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're on.
Speaker 8: I just got done going to Medicare with it oral surgeon and they want me to cough out two thousand dollars out of pocket.
Speaker 4: Well okay, yeah, oral surgery is different too. But here's the thing. According to John Jones Junior, and he's an expert with Integrainsurance dot com. You are if you are dual eligible, you know that that all you have to do is give an explanation of your bank accounts and stuff. But what you do is go and reapply. They're not going to hold it against you. It's not like you're red flagged in the system. But that's what I would do. Thank you for calling Jim three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Barry Millard, somebody I knew they were going to ask. So what is the cash requirement to close on a rental with Vesteraturnkey dot com.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a fair figure, and we need to know what that number is. Typically it's around seventy five thousand dollars per property. Okay, okay, eighty eighty five is a little more.
Speaker 4: So what kind of a loan do you get as a landlord through Vesteria.
Speaker 6: Through Vesstera, we have key lenders. They get good loos.
Speaker 4: It is seventy five eighty percent loan or sixty five percent.
Speaker 6: Typically twenty five percent down or twenty percent down, okay.
Speaker 4: Twenty or twenty five percent down. Around seventy five thousand dollars. We have more coming up with estera turnkey. If ever you need to find out about them, call them three zero three eight eight eight seventy three eighty eight More coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 18: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage? That does of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped. You need advice who you don't have? Come running as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help. Come man, this is.
Speaker 5: The Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martino, Hey.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five or three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Welcome to the show This hour brought to you by U Vestera Turnkey. They're with us right now. Barry Miller is with us. So Vestera Turnkey as a way to become a landlord without the ventional risks and hassles. Now, what they do is they have a p I call it a project manager. Do you call it a customer or client whatever relationship. Well, anyway, they assign someone to you that is your contact and your nanny. I call them like a nanny. They hold your hand through the entire process of being a landlord from buying the house the right market, managing the house, day to day activities, questions that come up, and then selling the house. Barry, someone wants to know how long do they hold the house.
Speaker 7: It's up to their financial plans.
Speaker 6: But most of our customers say, get us the highest return and therefore the houses are being held about three years because then there's enough equity built up. And sell one house and buy two, and you're doubling your investment. You're doubling your nest eggs with safety still in tex So, about three years.
Speaker 4: About three years to some sell sooner.
Speaker 6: In the past recent years we were selling sooner because the appreciation was even higher, but some do, but most wait that three years so they could sell one property and not come out of pocket any money and buy two.
Speaker 4: Okay, And so if they don't want to buy two, they don't have to.
Speaker 15: I don't have to at all.
Speaker 6: That's just the highest and best use of money for those who really want to double their nest egg and not pay taxes on the gain of that property.
Speaker 4: Okay. Let's talk to Gary, who has an issue with his father's estate. We'll talk to Gary. Gary, Welcome to the show. I'm Tom Martino. Gary. What's going on with you?
Speaker 13: Hey, l on the show, partner.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir man, how can we help you?
Speaker 13: I have a father that past way in January twenty three, and then his widow just passed away here in February twenty five, and I'm having trouble with the attorneys who have the estate just getting back with me, and I've hired a gentleman who's an attorney to represent me, and he's telling me that they have no obligation to tell me anything about my father's will or the estate. And I know that the will was put together by my father that I have twenty five percent. I'm really just in the dark. I can't get any correspondents from the attorneys.
Speaker 4: Now, he was married to someone who's not your mom. How long was he married to her?
Speaker 13: Over fifty years?
Speaker 4: Whoa? Whoa? So that's not your mom. No, okay, so he was married. He passed away in twenty three. When he passed away in twenty three, was there any kind of probate at all? Or did everything go to his widow.
Speaker 13: That I don't know, Tom, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well back in twenty three, did you get anything from him? No?
Speaker 13: I didn't get anything from him at that time. The only thing that's come out of that is the attorney who I've who I've seed and contact. The other attorney group has told me that they will says, I get twenty five percent of the.
Speaker 4: Estate now, but when do you? Yeah? But that's what I'm trying to find out. Gary, you get twenty five percent back in twenty three, or you get twenty five percent when his widow dies? Well?
Speaker 13: They corresponded that I've had since then, since twenty three. She was alive at the time when my attorney told me that I have twenty five percent of the estate.
Speaker 4: But twenty five percent of the estate when she dies or at that time, at that time, So I okay, but why didn't you collect then? Why didn't you collect twenty five percent of his estate? Back then?
Speaker 13: I was on the assumption that I had to wait for her to pass.
Speaker 4: Okay, that depends. Sometimes sometimes that's true, sometimes that's true. So was there a will that your attorney? Did you see a will?
Speaker 13: Yeah? My attorney sent me the information that showed that amongst all the kids, how the will would be dispersed.
Speaker 4: Okay, how many kids are there?
Speaker 13: There are three left?
Speaker 4: And those three kids, what I need to know is are any of her kids? Are they hers or his?
Speaker 13: All of them are hers except me.
Speaker 4: And your dad wanted them to have an equal share as you.
Speaker 13: Yes, because one of my step brothers that's in Ohio, he helped them out immensely and he deserved fifty percent. But the other fifty percent is dispersed between the two daughters and myself. So there's actually four I think about.
Speaker 4: It, fifty percent would not give you twenty five if you have If you're sharing fifty percent with three others, with three others, you're not going to get twenty five percent. Your math doesn't Yes, right, I.
Speaker 13: Would no I would have less than that. You're exactly right, there's four.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, Now, what is going on with her estate right now? She just died in February. What's going on with her.
Speaker 13: Nothing. We've reached out to the attorneys and they have just rebuffed any requests we had in my late.
Speaker 4: Now, when you say we, who's we?
Speaker 13: That's the attorney that I have represented.
Speaker 4: Okay, what about the guy? Okay? What about the one son who is getting fifty percent? How do you know he's getting fifty percent? How do you know that?
Speaker 13: Because initially my attorney was able to receive the will, and the will stated that he was getting fifty percent and the rest would be dispersed equally amongst us.
Speaker 4: Okay, how much of in a state are we talking about?
Speaker 13: You know, I think the house is maybe worth two hundred and fifty three hundred thousand dollars, and then there's probably any accounts beyond that, so we're not talking Okay.
Speaker 4: Well, it's it's not unusual for it to take this long or much longer for an estate to be settled. What gives you the impression that there might be something wrong going on?
Speaker 13: Well, I don't have a very good relationship with my stepmother, and that's been reflected in her children as well, because I had some items in their basement and my stepbrother made sure that the attorney who's representing the estate was there just to look over anything that I took. So there's not a lot of trust, Tom, There's not a lot of honesty going on there. So there's some acrimonious feelings, and I think that's play to pardon my interest in why I'm not getting any response from the attorneys.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, let me I want to get one of our experts on. Can we try to get Dan McKenzie on. He's in a state planning attorney. I want to ask what he would recommend at this point, So hang on a kachina. Let's try to get Dan McKenzie on three O three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. Scott had an issue with a vacation rental about six months ago. We're gonna go back to him and Moore coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three O three seven one three Talk seven one three A two five five. Don't forget the deep clean tune and check of your ac just thirty nine bucks for new customers. Fix myihome dot com book now go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. We're waiting to get Dan McKenzie on to talk about this guy's estate. It gets very complicated when you have mixed marriages and siblings and what rights do people have. That's what we're going to go over right now. I want to talk to Scott an issue with a vacation rental. He said he called in six months ago. Scott, I'm trying to find your call. Was it during the was it? Let's see it keep going let me let me let me hear about your problem. I'm trying to find it.
Speaker 17: Sure, sure, Thank you Tom, thank you for having me on the show. Thank you for your show. By the way, I appreciate your servant. And I just wanted to clarify I did call expl's ago, but it was it was it was not related to this.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 17: But yeah, so but anyway, now, the the issue with the education rentals is actually with my wife.
Speaker 4: She okay, what happened. What happened?
Speaker 17: So we we live in we live in uh Kansas, and she wanted to date both of our kids and and her cat who sat was Missouri. Uh. So she booked a vacation rentals.
Speaker 12: For the week of June second to the seventh, so just a few weeks ago. So she left out to Giga, drove whatever five hours and the say with Missouri, got to the vacation rental that she had booked online, got to the property and it had a like a like a lock box.
Speaker 17: On the door knob.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so she.
Speaker 17: Couldn't open it. Finally they figured it out, but anyway they had they had a comedy of errors like the door knock fell off all kinds of things. They weren't able to get inside the issue addle and then she called the property owner about the issue.
Speaker 4: And well, hold on though, but Scott, when you said a comedy of errors, I mean, give me some real solid stuff where it prevented her from you? Was it a house or a condor or what?
Speaker 17: I believe this was a house?
Speaker 18: Like a look at you?
Speaker 4: Tell me what what were some of the problems?
Speaker 12: Well, what she got there? She couldn't She couldn't she could not get in kind of building.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but that But but Scott, that that I don't want to hear. Here's what I want to hear of something that prevented her is she couldn't get in. She had a problem, but she finally got in the door knob fell off. But I want to know, like, tell me that the stuff are you? Are you about to tell me a story that she did not stay there and wants her money back or where are we going with the story?
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 4: Why did she not stay there? What was the problem that caused her not to stay there?
Speaker 17: Yeah, so she had contacted the.
Speaker 4: What was the problem, Scott, What was the problem that caused her not to be able to stay there.
Speaker 17: The problem was that, uh, the property was not as advertised.
Speaker 4: Okay, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 17: She had cooked for a two bedroom with privacy, and when she did manage to get inside the property, there was broken glass. There was the property was in disrepair, and.
Speaker 4: She well, what do you mean, Scott?
Speaker 1: I want it, honest to God, I want to help you, but I'm not what do you mean disrepair? Give me some specifics that would cause someone to say, I am not staying here. So far, I haven't heard anything. Broken glass can be cleaned up. The doorknob is not a big deal.
Speaker 4: I need to know what was the reason for her not staying there? Now? I realized there were an accumulation of little things. But what were some of the things that prevented them from staying there?
Speaker 17: Well, one one big reason is they the property owner had to get a repair man just by to come out to repair a duor. But by that time, like five or six hours had already passed and they still were not able to get inside the property. So there was this big delay.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, they were delayed getting in the property six hours. Yes, sir, wait a minute. Okay, hold on, they had to wait six hours to enter the property or six hours before they could leave again.
Speaker 17: About yeah, about five or six hours just to get into the property.
Speaker 4: Well that's unacceptable. What else?
Speaker 17: So?
Speaker 4: What else?
Speaker 17: Yes? So she had addressed this issue with the whatever the rental.
Speaker 1: Service Scott in addition, in addition to waiting six hours to get into the property, what did she do for that six hours?
Speaker 17: She Well, she waited, but then you know, she got after about three hours, she got tired of waiting. Brand and Aaron came back and she inevitably had the book a hotel. Okay, So when she when she contacted the rental service, yeah, a refund because she wasn't able to stay.
Speaker 4: There, right. Did she put it on a credit card?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did she contest the charge?
Speaker 17: Well, she she can. I told her to try that, and apparently this rental service would sue if she contested the party.
Speaker 4: Well so what so what?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, if she was, if she was in the right, there's nothing to sue about. So I need to know where we're going with the call. Let's let's just say, for argument's sake, I agree with everything you're saying. It was horrendous. It was a terrible experience. She requested a refund. Now what are you asking today?
Speaker 1: What is going on today?
Speaker 17: Well, I'm calling you guys to see if she does have a If she has a I gets like a legitimate legal fight.
Speaker 4: Okay. Now, I you asked a question which can only be determined by the courts. Does she have a legitimate legal right to get her money back? If this happened to me and I went there and the house was in disrepair and looked crappy, and I couldn't get in it for six hours, and I had to go to a hotel room, I would want a refund. How many days did she book.
Speaker 17: It the real property? She read it for five days?
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. How much total for the five.
Speaker 17: Days came to six hundred and sixteen dollars in thirteen cents.
Speaker 4: Okay, six hundred dollars for five days. Now, what I'm asking you I need to know the truth because I'm going to find it out. And I get pissed off when it takes me a long time to find stuff out. So did they offer any kind of an adjustment or any kind of a compromise while she was there. No, so they said to her, you don't get your money back. So what I want to know is this, that was day one? What about the other four days? Why didn't she stay there the other four days? Because apparently they fixed the door? Why didn't she stay there the other four days? These are hard questions, but you're going to have to answer them to someone else if.
Speaker 17: Not me, right, right, And I fully appreciate that shitt feel safe there?
Speaker 1: Why didn't she feel safe?
Speaker 17: I wasn't there, So I'm getting it.
Speaker 4: Okay, So Scott, Scott, listen. What she needs to do. This is the best place to do this. She needs to contest it on her credit card and say it was misrepresented and make her argument. Okay, just make her argument that it was misrepresented and it was terrible and she couldn't stay there and did not feel safe. Now, I don't know if she's going to win all five days. She may have been doing an adjustment for one or two days, but she may have exaggerated by canceling the whole thing. But that's where she starts. What kind of credit card does she have?
Speaker 17: City Bank?
Speaker 4: And City Bank? What visa? MasterCard?
Speaker 17: Who I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, she needs to contest it. Did she do that already or not?
Speaker 17: I do not know.
Speaker 4: I need after Okay, well do you live with her or is she your wife or ex wife or what?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I live with her.
Speaker 17: I'm I my job.
Speaker 4: Okay, No, and you know you don't have to explain it to me. That's okay, Scott, Scott, Listen, if she has any questions on contesting that charge, she can call. But that's what credit cards are made for, man, this is what they're made for. Now, after she contests it, they could still see her for the for the rental. She's gonna have to have some evidence that it was intolerable. But I, I mean, look at I don't think they're going to make a big deal about it. But that's just my opinion. We got more coming up three oh three seven one, three eight two five five renew home innovations. The most beautiful showers walk in showers. They convert that tub shower combo into a beautiful walk in with porcelain sheet walls. They're so beautiful people are opting to have their whole bathroom done in them. You can even do the flooring, no maintenance. Beautiful done in two or three days, and you have multiple payment options with no interest. Renew Home Innovations dot com three oh three nine zero four two thousand Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 18: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: I'm Tom Martinez, your troubleshooter with.
Speaker 4: Barry Miller from Vestera Turnkey, and he's gonna be leaving in a few minutes, but we want to plug our seminar we're gonna have now. Barry is all about Vesterara Turnkey, but I'll be there to talk about partial investments if you want. But the main deal is finding out how to be a landlord with the Sarah Turnkey My biggest return dot com. It's July nineteentheenth.
Speaker 6: Saturday morning, ten o'clock Text center. You have to register. We have two locations in mind, depending how many registrate we.
Speaker 4: Have, so you have to be in the tech center no matter what, in the Tech center. And it's really you know what I like about this, Barry, you don't belabor this thing. We're in and out of there in an hour and fifteen minutes or so.
Speaker 6: Phenomenal information, great handout.
Speaker 4: And people can ask questions.
Speaker 1: We had a good time doing it last time, So July nineteenth and I will be there, Barry, God willing, as they say in the sunshine.
Speaker 4: So the nineteenth, what time.
Speaker 6: Ten o'clock in the morning, and we start promptly, we finish at promptly eleven fifteen comfortable room. Both locations are phenomenal.
Speaker 4: And can I plug what I do too.
Speaker 6: I'll help them, that's intended, that's on the agenda.
Speaker 4: That good.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's only an hour and a quarter and you have a good fifteen twenty years.
Speaker 4: So I'll be telling people how they can be partially involved if they want with me, or they can do the whole thing with.
Speaker 6: You, yep, either way, and how it works, what that whole thing is where basically consumers invest.
Speaker 7: We do all the rest of the work.
Speaker 4: We do all the work. You're doing the work for me, a serious work. You're doing the work for me. And I have three homes. Do you know I'm ready for my fourth or do you have one available for you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I'm closing on my third today.
Speaker 6: Were and we're opening up a third market. Okay, it's oh good, active one and the fourth one is really close behind. And you know, and they're all east of the Mississippi. Put it that way, they're all just the absolute best markets in the country.
Speaker 4: My biggest return dot com. Okay, we're trying to get Dan McKenzie.
Speaker 1: Because we want to talk about who has.
Speaker 4: A right to open an estate. Who are not open in a state, but get information from an estate the age old question. And this guy says he's an heir. I'm almost positive he would have a right. But the thing is he's having trouble with his step siblings, that is and and the personal representative. So we're going to be talking about that. People when it comes to a states, please do me a favor. Make sure you clearly designate who.
Speaker 1: Has a right to see the estate in the in the beginning of the document.
Speaker 4: You can actually say this is the last Will and Testament or blah blah blah blah blah of Thomas Martino, and here are the people involved who have a right to see information, and I grant that right both. Yeah, yeah, you can do all of that, and then posthumously they don't have to fight.
Speaker 1: Then they can simply find out from the document who has rights to the document and then take it from there again, Dan McKenzie, you'll be on later if we can get a hold of him.
Speaker 4: Confucius.
Speaker 1: A guy calls himself Confucius and calls the show.
Speaker 4: The question is should I should I let him on? With a name like that, I'll let him on. Let's see Confucius. Say now, Confucius, is this a nickname? Obviously your real name? Can you give me your real first name? Or do you do you want to only go by Confucius?
Speaker 11: I don't care, Yeah, I would rather not, Okay, all right, protection.
Speaker 4: All right, So what do you want to talk about today, Confucius?
Speaker 11: I do I worked down Corsefield. When that's employees, it doesn't working. We go downstairs underneath to uh, oh, what do you do there?
Speaker 4: By the way. What do you do at coursefield, like in general.
Speaker 11: Concessions?
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, go ahead.
Speaker 11: We walked downstairs to talk out or whatever. We get this big old sewer smell and it is coming between the areas I've worredy out sky. Let's put it this way or the other town scoreboard and that the going.
Speaker 4: So wait, what was the sewer smell coming from? Well?
Speaker 11: That where thinking A lot of us employees are thinking gifts from the game itself.
Speaker 4: From the what itself? From the what?
Speaker 11: Well the public? Oh when they get the public, No, I see.
Speaker 4: What you're saying, So so what did it turn out to be? Tell us about it?
Speaker 11: Well, we've had had a pipe leak or something at one time. Down there.
Speaker 4: When you say down there, when you say down there, is there a certain section course field you're talking about is where you prepare the food.
Speaker 11: No, no, not where the food is. It's where Okay, there's a Alatam's scoreboard right there, and then the area behind it is the walkway and if you keep on going down, that's where the bullpends are on the outside the area there. But when that's employees walking in the underground areas, we get nothing but the sore smell. Okay, I was wondering who was responsible for.
Speaker 4: The uh safety? Yes, oh shoot, well, well there's a couple places, Confucius. A couple places you can call the health department and say and they will protect you. You can say I work at such and such course field in concessions and I'm very concerned about a strong sewer smell. You can say that and they will look into it. The the Denver Health Department is pretty good at that, and they do protect whistleblowers or not even a whistleblower, but someone expressing a concern. You can also call OSHA if you think it's unsafe for you and fellow employees. Tom, Deputy D, go ahead.
Speaker 7: Thanks Tom, Am I the only one who thinks that.
Speaker 4: Hold on a second, Confucius. Deputy D probably the.
Speaker 7: Only one who thinks that Confucius should start with a maintenance department at Crusefield or.
Speaker 4: Have you ever talked okay, good, good, good, good, good point there D. Did you ever talk to the maintenance's department like and say to them, hey, guys, do you know what this is?
Speaker 11: I personally haven't because I don't know who actually is.
Speaker 4: How about a supervisor where you work. Have you ever brought it up to a supervisor?
Speaker 11: Oh, they all know about it, and we got about four hundred employed.
Speaker 1: And is it only in assert Is it only in a certain area?
Speaker 11: Basically? Well, yes and no.
Speaker 4: And it's under the bleachers, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there's under the bleachers. It starts over by data when we walk in those doors underneath, and uh you can smell.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait all right, hold on, hold on a second, I got I gotta take this break. But man, Confucius, this is pretty obvious. You can if you want us, we can report this for you. Think about that.
Speaker 1: I'll come right back with more on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 18: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hi, Tom Martino here three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Let me stray right here. We're we're looking into the estate issue, we're looking into other stuff. So just hang on. If you're on the same with Confucius, we're trying to figure out a contact and you have a contact for him. Yeah, all right, hold on, I want to go to Mark first and try to squeeze this in Mark. Go ahead. What is your question, sir?
Speaker 19: My question is me and my dad passed away.
Speaker 17: He had a will.
Speaker 19: There's this two of us, me and my older brother, and.
Speaker 17: Will you have the.
Speaker 19: House almost sold? Or is there an inheritance tax? Or are we going to get packed on the money? Don't we sell it after we sell it?
Speaker 4: Okay, when you inherited the house on death, you inherited it at the day of death value.
Speaker 1: So whatever the day of death value was is your.
Speaker 4: Basis, and any money you put into it is your basis. So let's say on the day of death the property is worth five hundred thousand, and let's say let's say you put ten into it for some repairs. That's five hundred and ten thousand. Now let's say you got commissions and all of that, that all goes towards your basis. So the only tax it's not inheritance tax. It would be normal capital gains if you sold the property above that amount. But normally when an estate sells a house, it's so close to the date of death there is no great appreciation. But let's say, for argument's sake, your dad died on day one and on day three there was oil discovered on the property. Well, obviously it would jump in value. You would subtract your basis and you would pay what's called capital gains taxes on the profit. But most likely you're not going to have any profit, and for the rest of your stuff there are no inheritance taxes.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 20: So if we sell it for it's under five hundred thousand, that's why I'm asking.
Speaker 4: Well, it doesn't matter how much it is. If it was a million dollars and you sold it for a million, there would be no tax due on it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you're and.
Speaker 4: The only time there's an inheritance tax on an estate itself is for really big estates. I think right now the exclusion I think is sixteen million, So there's really not a lot of trouble with the state taxes. It's a pretty friendly system right now for airs.
Speaker 19: Here's another question.
Speaker 20: Then, my father had a savings attack account.
Speaker 19: Uh huh, we've been taxed on taking it out?
Speaker 17: Now, why is that?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: You should never have been taxed on taking it out? Are you positive? Now?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, who withheld the tax the bank?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, why did they withhold tax on that?
Speaker 3: I'm not the power.
Speaker 17: My brother is the okay power here.
Speaker 4: I want you to hold. I want you to hold on because there's a really I think I know why. If you can just hold for a few minutes, I'll take you right up. Confucius.
Speaker 1: We're investigating the course field thing and where to call for that, and we're gonna have someone help you. And then Julie has an issue with an apartment.
Speaker 4: More coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 18: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped up.
Speaker 4: You need so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Run as the cab shot us gonna help co.
Speaker 5: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. Now Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 1: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three ozho three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: The only show of is kind anywhere in the universe. And I want to get to Mark who has some questions on real estate, Any questions, problems, complaints you have Listen. This truly is the only show where we talk about these everyday aches and pains, the things that make us tick and the things that tick us off. And this hour is brought to you by renew Home Innovations. Beautiful walk in showers done in two or three days and you have months to pay with zero interest. It's wonderful renew Home Innovations the best, most beautiful showers you're gonna find. They convert those old, ugly tubs. So renew Home Innovations dot Com three oh three nine zero four two thousand sheet porcelain with no maintenance, Beauty and Economy renew Home Innovations dot com. So let's go back to Mark. He had some real estate concerns on inheriting, and I want to make something very very clear. A lot of people are so confused on so called inheritance tax. In the United States, we have a system of what's called exclusions, and each year, depending on who the Congress is, the laws are either changed, amended, or they stay the same. But what they do is they they name the exclusion. So for example, for many years it was fourteen million, So any estates under fourteen million zero taxes, okay, And if you had over that, then there would be what's called an estate tax, and those of high net worth individuals would have like insurance or stuff like that to deal with a state taxes. But for the most part, most of us do not have to deal with a state taxes. So if you're left something, you don't pay tax on it. If you're left a home, you only pay tax if you make a profit on the home, but the profit is calculated of death value. Now here's another thing I want to tell you. If something was inside the estate where taxes were never paid. Like an IRA or a four to oh one k, those taxes would be paid, But that's not an inheritance tax. So let me just say, anything left to you in an inheritance in an estate is not taxed unless less there's qualified money in there where tax was never paid. So what if you inherited a piece of art and that artwork was a million dollars but your dad only bought it for one hundred grand. Again, you get the stepped up basis in value. So really, for the most part, we don't have to worry about stuff we inherit mark. Do you have any because you had a question about the house, do you have any additional questions on your dad's estate.
Speaker 19: Yeah, after we sell the house, me and him, me and my older brother are gonna split it.
Speaker 17: I don't have to claim that as income, right, that's right?
Speaker 4: Not income, that's right. Isn't that wonderful?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 17: And why did the b.
Speaker 19: Catching to take money out?
Speaker 4: Oh? Now that was that? That? Here's here's what happens. Sometimes banks pay interest on bank accounts, and sometimes when people close accounts, they withhold taxes as as just a precaution, and they give you a statement, and they withhold the tax and when you file your taxes you get it back. But normally banks don't do that. But if they did it, it's not because of your inheritance. It's because of the bank account itself. May have was there a lot of money in that account?
Speaker 17: Sixty thousand?
Speaker 4: Okay? So the what the Here's what they're doing. They're trying to predict how much tax will be due on that account from the interest you made, and they're trying to withhold it. Now, I don't think banks are required to do that. Are you looking it up? D by any chance? I was curious if you were, Okay, But but I think banks withhold taxes for anyone. So if your dad was still alive and did this, it would have been based on his tax situation and not the fact that it was left to you in an estate.
Speaker 13: Okay.
Speaker 19: So, so my brother he has a tax ID number on that account because he's in charge of.
Speaker 4: The Now, what what do you mean a tax ID number? That would be the that would be uh, your dad's Social Security number? Why does he have a separate, separate EI N number?
Speaker 7: Sally?
Speaker 4: Well, what do you mean a T I N number? What are you talking about. Okay, So the ei N, they call it ei N because that stands for Employers Identification number. You're right, and it's a taxpayer's identification number. It is a it is a company. It is a technicality, but they're both identify what they are identifying numbers like a social Security number. Most of the time, when we do business by ourselves, or we have bank accounts and all of that, we simply use our social Security number. But some people, for some reasons, when they have a trust or something, have to get a separate number. I'm not sure why your brother got a separate number on that account. It certainly wasn't required because he.
Speaker 19: Had to open a new account to be able to get okay.
Speaker 4: But what I don't understand is why he has a separate number. He didn't need one.
Speaker 20: Yeah, So my another question is after we sell the house and we split the money, we do not have to pay pats when well.
Speaker 4: That's right, brother, I know you find that shocking. I know you do, because you're thinking to yourself, holy crap, I'm going to deposit one hundred grand in my account and is free.
Speaker 20: Well, my brother just keeps thinking we're going to get taxed that's.
Speaker 3: Why I'm calling.
Speaker 4: Well, you're not going to get tax man, now, okay, what was the house when did your dad die?
Speaker 20: At the ind of February?
Speaker 1: Okay? What was the house worth? What was the house worth? Then we have it with no I'm asking approximately approximately what was the house worth at the day of death.
Speaker 19: I'm not sure about that, but put.
Speaker 4: A number on it. Put a number on it, okay. And anything you sell above that would be.
Speaker 20: Profit for four and fifty thousands okay?
Speaker 4: And what and what are you selling it for?
Speaker 17: Four thirty five?
Speaker 4: Okay? So you don't have any tax due. So let's say the house was worth four point fifty when he died, and you found someone who wants it so badly and it got in a bidding war and you're getting six hundred for it, you would pay the tax above the date of death value. Do you get that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, but you don't have to worry about that, man. You don't have to worry about it. Your brother is mistaken, Okay, there's no there's no inheritance tax. I'm sorry for your loss, but congratulate congratulations on an inheritance. Put it to good use, and don't do anything stupid like buy a Ferrari anyway, three oh three seven anyway, thank you very much. Three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five And by the way, on a serious note, a really serious note, when I started Wave eight Wealth Management, we don't deal with just high net worth individuals. We give free advice to people of all walks of life. So if you ever needed advice, there's no charge, no obligation ever for when you call us and ask questions and want to have a you know, you want to sit down and have a pow wow about your finances, Never a charge. And you know it's the thing is, these are just consultations and we love helping people. I look at it almost like an extension of my radio show. We love giving information to people so they don't make stupid mistakes. Okay. One of the biggest mistakes people make when they have money, the very first is they rush into an investment. And you always have to watch out for investments that obligate you for a term of time. Be really careful about that, okay. And that goes for any investment that does that where you have to lock up your money.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not saying they're bad investments. I'm just saying, be very, very.
Speaker 4: Careful before you lock up money of any kind. Sometimes you're willingly locking up money because you know it might be an annuity and you're willing to do that. You're saying, you know what, I'm going to sacrifice some of the upside potential I could make in the market. I'm going to sacrifice liquidity because I believe in safety and I don't care that I have to tie up my money because I'm going to get income or I'm going to get this. Just no terms and conditions. Okay, that's all I'm asking you, now, Kashina. Have you been able to get anyone for the Confucius?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, No, I know what I was going to do that. Hold on a second, Confucius. I have an idea. I've been over loading chopper today.
Speaker 7: I've got someone.
Speaker 4: Oh, oh you do what did you find out, Deputy d Well? Confucius? Oh, I heard you calling? Yeah, what did you find?
Speaker 7: Confucius say? There's a nasty smell in the basement of that.
Speaker 4: That's what Confucius say, A nasty uh what do you called? The sewer oder coming from an area?
Speaker 7: Confucius go to the Ara Mark office and ask for a very nice lady named Shannon last initialist ce. She works in the accounting department and she knows everybody who works at Corsefield. And I've known Shannon for about fifteen years.
Speaker 4: So it's not going to get him in trouble or anything.
Speaker 7: No, if he's just polite about it, and say, Shannon, is there someone I can talk to? Who do you recommend I talk to about getting rid of the sewer smell.
Speaker 4: Or not just getting rid of it, but just seeing if it's serious or not right, just investigating it.
Speaker 7: Well, it'd be nice to get rid of it. Of course, Confucius doesn't have to smell at all.
Speaker 4: Of course, what do you think is from?
Speaker 7: Well, it's well, it's obviously from some of the sewageh of there. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what I think. Pike, do you know what do you know of the time? What the reason for sewer gas smell?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 7: What dried drains?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Kay, I didn't think about that one. You're right, that's a good one. But most of the time it's a.
Speaker 4: Vent leaning out to the roof. But you're right, it's also p traps that get empty p traps are drains. Let's say you have a guest bedroom and there's a shower in there and it's not used much. Well, that shower, that drain, if it dries out, will allow sewer gas smell to come back up through that drain, and you'll swear to God something died in it.
Speaker 7: That's why they're called traps.
Speaker 4: They're called pe traps. That's right.
Speaker 7: The trap the sewer gas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the and it also uh, it also traps things, you believe it or not. If you drop something like a ring down there, it'll it'll it'll stay in that little loop unless you keep flushing it. Julie, I know I have to take a break, but Julie, let's get started with you. What is the issue? Is it something you're renting?
Speaker 9: Yeah, your for approximately three years. It's actually the most accessiable rental I've found in.
Speaker 4: Now. Is this a normal rental? Is this a normal rental where you're paying rent? Or is this subsidizer? And I just have to ask this because it really makes a difference. Is this a normal rental and a normal lease?
Speaker 9: I have a house in Voucher.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's why I asked. Okay, hold on and we'll come back to this coming up, talking about subsidized lease. She's having issues, she says, this is terrible. We'll talk to her and more coming up. Three oh three seven one three A two five five.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 18: You don't pay a cent until your content wait on top of it.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino. So Julie says she's been renting for three years and you're on a housing vouchers at section eight. Yeah, and tell me what's going on? What's your story? How can we help you?
Speaker 9: There's actually a lot.
Speaker 3: Of things to it, but insur well, where did it all start?
Speaker 4: Let's say, let's go seriously, Julie, you've been renting for three years on Section eight. When did your problems first start?
Speaker 9: I know that there was a problem only a few months into renting. And I rented here because it's green housing, and it's brand new, and I have extremely something.
Speaker 4: So a few months into your very first lease, you noticed a problem.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, and I did a mold shunt and that came back in the mold plate had. Yeah, there was growth.
Speaker 4: So well, you know what, Julie, that's going to ninety eight percent of the time we're going to find mold. The question is is it deadly or toxic mold, or is it moderate mold or all of that. But one thing I do want to tell you, and I want you to hear this because I don't want to lie to you and I don't want to waste your time. But I'm going to tell you that section eight we'll do nothing about mold for your apartment, not unless it was truly overrun with toxic mold and it was making people sick. But if you have a sensitivity and you're getting free housing vouchers and you complain about mold, I'm just like I said, I'm not telling you what I think is right. I'm telling you what will happen. They will do nothing. They're not going to say, all right, let's investigate this mold for Julie. They're not going to do it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but that's the least of my concerns.
Speaker 4: That was Okay, let's go to the most important concerns. What are they?
Speaker 9: So as fur as I don't have an ability. I think there's like eight hits on that I have been paying for a laundry machine thirty dollars a month, which I had a reasonable accommodation I shouldn't be paying for. But it's not been working. It was agitating without water, hot water, hot water.
Speaker 4: Okay, so right now, right now, you're paying extra for something you're not getting. Yeah, what is it that you're paying extra for? You called it a what machine?
Speaker 9: A laundry machine?
Speaker 4: What? What do you mean? Like a dishway? Do you mean like a clothes washer? Yeah? Okay, so so so what what do you mean you're not getting it? You don't have a washing machine?
Speaker 9: No I do. I did a reasonable accommodation requesting what does that mean?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know what that means, I guess, Julie, a reasonable accommodation meaning.
Speaker 9: What a reasonable accommodation request to eliminate the thirty dollars amongst.
Speaker 4: The Oh okay, I get it. So you so you were saying that you need this washing machine because you're disabled, and you wanted them to pay for it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, it would have been housing.
Speaker 3: Yeah okay.
Speaker 4: And so did they turn it down or do they approve it? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I never received the letter, and obviously I didn't get approved because I'm having to pay extra for that for rent.
Speaker 4: Which but you're telling me, you're telling me you're paying extra, but you're not getting it. Is there no washing machine there?
Speaker 9: Well, there's a washing machine there, and apparently I had been it has not been working, but for a short time in the beginning, finally caught it agitating without water.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well we don't We don't have to get into the technicalities, but it's suffice it to say you basically can't use it. Is that what we're saying right now?
Speaker 1: You can't use that washing machine?
Speaker 9: Well, sometimes it works on one the bulky setting, let's put it that way. I can't use any other. And it doesn't have.
Speaker 4: Hot So have you have you talked to them about it and say, look, I'm paying an extra for this and it's not working.
Speaker 9: I have uh oh, the correspondence is more than I can count about the same things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but but so if you call and say the washing machine's not working, what do they do?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 9: Actually, the last well, the last time he came over and it's faked like it's hot water. Well, I don't think one hundred and seven is hot water.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know, but usually with detergent, Usually with detergent, it's hot enough. What do you want right now, Julie, what can we do for you?
Speaker 9: Well, so the place has no paint on the walls.
Speaker 4: What do you mean? What do you mean? No, what do you mean no paint on the walls? What do you mean?
Speaker 9: Literally, in certain areas this place was not completed. Okay. I had a painting jump become before I became disabled. And in certain areas it is just texture. There are certain areas that do have primer on them. I went into them because I.
Speaker 4: I how long have you been in that particular apartment, that particular apartment, how long have you been in it?
Speaker 9: Three months of three years?
Speaker 4: But it's the veryson, So you've been in the same You've been in the same apartment for three years.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Uh, it's the best accommodations I've found. Okay, so they won't do anything, well, they've spent let's sit a well, not the orchid man, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and do you have a con Do you have a contact that we could call and ask them about the situation. Would they think that you're a pain in the ass or would they say you complain too much? Or does everyone feel the same way? Do you have neighbors that feel the same way?
Speaker 9: Yeah? This place, boy, there were countless air conditioners that didn't work for one summer.
Speaker 1: But right right now, though, if we had to if we listen, if we had to narrow down the problems that you're having right.
Speaker 4: Now, the washing machine is one of them. And you're saying the paint you want your place painted?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you wrote up a reasonable accommodation request for paint on the wall and to flush the drain, the floor drain that is behind the locked door by the hot waters eater of of having bug problems or still are.
Speaker 4: You having any sewer gases as a result of that? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, which makes me sick.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Julie, are you you're on the bottom floor then.
Speaker 9: Right, No, I'm on the second.
Speaker 4: Okay, do your neighbors Have you ever talked to your neighbors? Are they having similar problems?
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's there's this group site on Facebook and only complaints and yes a lot of people. Have you ever try to wipe off the spun on your wall and wipes off the paint? Well, that would be primary, so there is no finished coat.
Speaker 4: No, you're right, you're right. Listen, here's what i want to say. I want to say something because I'm getting a lot of comments and texts. There are people and let's just you know, like I said, I believe in just being wide open on this show. See and I'm on your side. I'm going to tell you basically, I'm on your side, Julie, because I know that a lot of people are in a situation no fault of their own, where they depend on Section eight. But that doesn't mean they should have to accept substandard conditions. There are people commenting on my text saying you should be grateful, you know the government's paying your rent, you know, just be happy, blah blah blah. But there's no reason why people should have to live smelling sewer gas or paying for a washing machine that doesn't work or stuff like that. There's a fine line between gratitude and exercising your rights. I am sure, Julie that in general you appreciate the Section eight accommodations, you know, the fact that you can get help with your rent and all of that. But by the way, what happened.
Speaker 1: With you, why are you on Section eight was do you have a disability?
Speaker 9: Yeah? So I'm the survivor of domestic violence, which was my safety compromised my safety, and I would like to make a comment on some of that, on what would you do?
Speaker 4: Know you go ahead, make a comment, go.
Speaker 9: Ahead, thank you a statement. Really, I am very appreciative of the fact that I.
Speaker 4: Have a home.
Speaker 9: The situation of these things exasperate. I have ser chronic inflammatory response syndrome.
Speaker 4: Okay, Julie, hold on, I got to take this break.
Speaker 1: I understand you have a plethora of health problems.
Speaker 4: Hold on, we got more right after this. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer, Excel Roofing dot Com a cent until you're content, Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call compass insurance pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hi, welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three eight two five five? What's on your mind? What can we do to help you?
Speaker 4: That's what we need to know, all right, So when you call us, we try to help. Now again, there are people who really don't react well, and they say the more you give people, the more they complain. And even though people have health problems, it's it's not everyone's problem, it's their problem. One said Tom. You know, people are sick, people are disabled. Why do people feel society owes them something? Someone else says, Why don't they be appreciative for what they have and try to work with others? Now again, I have a very mixed audience, you know, I mean, and most of the time, I'm just going to tell you, most of the time people the people who express themselves are the ones who are more vocal and angry about things than those who stay quiet. There might be a lot of quiet people saying, look, you know, poor Julie can't help it. She's got health problems, and all she wants is a place that she can live in without mold, without odors, without these problems. She's not asking for the taj Mahal. So again, Julie, you were about to say something and I had to take a break. So continue, you say, you are appreciative of what you have, but you simply want you know, you were starting to outline your disabilities. There's no reason to do that, Julie. I believe you you have health problems, so so take it from there. I mean, we can make some phone calls and find out where they are and getting some of these things fixed. But to be honest with you, one of the most common complaints we get, You're not the only one. We get a lot of complaints about subsidized housing in general. In general, people.
Speaker 1: Who have housing vouchers and getting their rent paid, they feel like they're being treated like second class citizens.
Speaker 4: They're not, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They feel like, you know, it's not my fault that I'm using vouchers, but don't I deserve a.
Speaker 4: Decent place to live? Is that how you would put it.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, I, like everybody else, it's important to have hot water to be able to sanitize your stuff.
Speaker 4: And by the way, Dragon brought this out, the hot water problem has nothing to do with your washing machine.
Speaker 3: You know that, right, that's the hot water right.
Speaker 4: So are you having problems with hot water in general or just when you wash clothes?
Speaker 9: No, in general, there's no hot water coming out of any tap at one hundred and five to one hundred and ten, and the dishwasher needs it to be one hundred and twenty in order for it to work.
Speaker 4: But here's another thing. I don't think we're going to get Section eight. I don't know what their minimums and its are. Actually. Do you know is this privately owned property because you can use Section eight vouchers on government property or privately is this privately owned property? Do you know?
Speaker 9: No? But I was trying to put in the warrant of habitability, But dude, in my brain injury and I think that's twenty You.
Speaker 4: Know, my god, Julie, every time we talk about something, you have a disability to match it. I mean, look at warranty of habitability. Issues are real things. That means that you have to have basic housing and basic safety and basic security. I don't think that you splitting hairs between one hundred and ten degrees and one hundred and twenty degrees. That is not an issue of habitability. I don't think you're going to get anyone to do anything under the Warranty of Habitability Act? Have you? You called the Health Department?
Speaker 9: Yeah, and they said that having no paint is a health risk.
Speaker 4: Well what are they doing about it?
Speaker 1: But what are they doing about it?
Speaker 9: Because I have Section eight my housing cort. You neighbor should be able to do something.
Speaker 4: How is your housing coordinator doing anything?
Speaker 9: She's not supportive at all. In fact, I'm paying like fifty percent where it should be thirty percent of what of what of my income? Of my income? So okay, my three utilities are out of pocket as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Julie. Again, So if we had to pick, you have so many problems with health and with housing. If we had to pick the top, let's say two problems to help you with, what would they be? Right now? What are we talking about?
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know about that, but let me add in that during winter, and I didn't give any response with either of the infestation of bugs.
Speaker 4: Julie, I can't believe. Put her on hold. I don't know what to do about this. Every area of her life, every single area of her life, is nothing but a problem. Everything, trulye, I don't know how you grew up. I really don't. None of these things are gonna that.
Speaker 1: People are just getting by, they're barely getting by.
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna be honest with you. Section a's not going to do anything about these things. They're not going to look at each and every one of your problems and go down a list and say, let's take care of Julie. It's just not going to happen. If you have a serious problem today, Kachina, have her talked to one of the deputies there. If she has a problem, we can work on let's work on it. But all she does is talk about my God. Every area of her health is bad, and every area of her housing is bad. There is nothing good. In fact, I'd like to ask her, is there anything good going on in her life right now? Ask her that, truly, is there anything good going on in your life right now? Anything at all?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is good?
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 9: No, I'll tell you, I'll tell you this.
Speaker 4: Hold on a second, I'll come right back. I gotta take a break. We got a whole show here. Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 18: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Rit need advis You don't have a.
Speaker 2: Run anxious status? Can Shooter's gonna help?
Speaker 9: Come?
Speaker 4: Man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martino, Hi, I'm Tom Martino. This is the Troubleshooter Show. And man have we had a variety of calls today and a variety of comments, and I knew it would get political. Let me give you an example. You know, sometimes I lament at how many people call that are just hard luck stories. It starts with disabilities. There are so many people with disabilities. Then they're on the public dole. And I'm not saying that as a bad thing. I think people in need, we have a collective responsibility to those truly in need to help them. I really believe that. But then people many times who complain on this show are people if you look. I went back and I looked at people complaining about their housing conditions. All right, I went back and looked. I have real stats on people. I don't go buy theory or buy feeling. I go by stats. Eighty five percent of those complaining about their housing conditions or on subsidized or free housing umber one complaint it was unhealthy for them in their current condition because of their disabilities. So disabilities and habitability eighty five percent of the time people who are on the public doll Now I don't.
Speaker 1: My mom was on social services for a while when I.
Speaker 4: Was growing up. My dad left us A long story, okay, we went from being very wealthy to being very poor almost overnight because my dad left with everything in the middle of the night. Literally. Then we worked our way back to where I helped my mom. But there were times I would hide when people from my high school came to drop off food baskets.
Speaker 1: I didn't want them to know I lived there, So I get being on assistance.
Speaker 4: I remember my mother being grateful and actually almost guilty because she had to have food stamps for a while and she got a small check from Social Services, and back then they would monitor everything. They were very strict, and I remember this, so I don't mind when people call and they are on public assistance and they have complaints. They have a right to have complaints. They have a right to be treated with dignity, and self respect is something they should have. I also believe there's an entitlement attitude with some people as.
Speaker 1: Well, where it's like they believe the world owes them these disabilities they have for some reason, everyone owes them.
Speaker 4: And I have something to say about disabilities. I for one and one of these people who believe there are legit disabilities and there are bs disabilities. Now I'm not telling you which ones are which, I'll leave that to you, but there are people who are disabled, quote disabled, and then people who are really disabled. Again, these are private thoughts I have when it comes to people calling the show. I truly start out wanting to help each and every person, but that one woman that called I just want to give her as an example. I want to help her if I can. But every single aspect, every single aspect of her life, she had problems and complaints. Every aspect. There wasn't one thing she didn't complain about. And then on top of that were her disabilities and everyone else around her taking advantage of her. And she was on section eight housing. What would you do in my place? I want you to tell me what would you do? Now here's where it gets political. This guy I said typical comments when I was reading some of the comments from my listeners about she should be grateful for this. You know why she complaining The more you give people, the more they want. Blah blah blah. Somebody and I don't know who it is, but I give credence to everyone who takes the time to text me.
Speaker 1: This texture says typical comments. I'm sure from your mostly conservative listening audience. They totally lack compassion for anyone outside of their family and church circles.
Speaker 4: Think about what that person said. These are typical comments. This person believes he or she I don't know, but they believe that mostly conservatives are listening, and I'm not sure if that's true or not, and that out of the conservative audience, they don't have compassion if you're outside of your family and church circle. You know, I don't know what the truth is. There are liberals more giving and generous than conservatives are. I think conservatives do have a bit of a prequalification. I do believe that, I really do. I believe that they don't just give, but they pre qualify to a certain extent. And I don't mean pre qualify based on their church or their family circle, but they pre qualify based on does this person really need help and why do they need help? I do that. I'm going to be straight with you here. When I hear people who need help, I qualify them. I put them into three groups. People who just complain are lazy, good for nothing bums, and will do nothing to help themselves. That's one group. Are those who legitimately are trying like hell to get out of their situation, and they're victims of their circumstances, okay. And then the other group are those who don't really have problems, but they perceive problems everywhere. So have you noticed that with my listeners there are people who perceive problems everywhere, but they don't really have problems, not compared to others. The others who are just true victims and want so hard to get out of their situation, and they call for genuine help. And then there are those who are dirty, rotten, good for nothing, lazy bums. They're leeches on society.
Speaker 1: Again, That's what I've noticed these categories. But I have also noticed that it is absolutely true that most of my complaints about conditions housing conditions come from people who are on subsidized housing. Now, is it possible that those who convert their rentals to Section eight and go for that clientele are taking advantage.
Speaker 4: Of these people? Do we need to keep an eye on them? Do you think conservatives are nasty, judgmental people who don't really want to help? Do you think liberals are more giving? I'm just asking these questions. Today seems to be a weird day because people who call for help. My god, I don't know where to start, you see, That's why I asked her, can you give me two problems at least we can work on, because if you call with so many problems we don't know where to start, then that kind of thing is almost helpless, like you're so heart up. I don't even know where to start to help you. That woman, for example, she would wish every time we mentioned a part of her body or a part of her life.
Speaker 1: She had a problem, she had her brain injury, she had everything. I swear to God, everything was wrong with her everything, and everything was wrong with where she lived. How do you help people like that? I'm asking, I'm truly asking you.
Speaker 4: After doing this for fifty years, it seems to me that I have some cases. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 1: Confusius called earlier and said there was a sewer gas.
Speaker 4: Smell coming from an area of Course Field where he works in concessions, and wanted to know what to do, and I said, well, call the health department. If you think it's of danger to workers, call OSHA, they'll investigate. And then Deputy d said he had a contact over at Aramark who knew people, and he should talk to her and see maybe where she would send him come.
Speaker 7: Based on my memory of confucius previous calls to us, he works in concessions at both the PEPSI Center and apparently here at Course Field. Those are operated by araon Mark. So the reason that I suggested Confucius contact Aaron Mark first, is because he's already their employee. And the lady whom I referred Confucius to has been there for I think at least fifteen years now. She doesn't work in the facilities department, but she knows everybody who works at Course Field, so she'll be able to say, hey, call Joe, his office is over there by Doc seven.
Speaker 4: That's I think, right, right, it was just a contact. We weren't suggesting that this is Ara Mark's problem.
Speaker 15: Right right.
Speaker 7: It's just a place to start. Now. I could call Corus Field and find out who is in charge of addressing sewage smells. But it's one of those things.
Speaker 4: Like do we where do you start a fish?
Speaker 7: Or do we teach him how to fish?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So, Confucius, Confucius, you hear what Dia is saying. He gave you that contact only as a means to start, so you guys can network and find the right person.
Speaker 11: Oh yes, okay, yeah, yeah, I don't know if I want to talk to an HR persons with their mark or not.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, look at I confusions. You're not trying to make trouble. I hear somebody sincerely wondering where's the smell coming from. I'm surprised members of the public have not mentioned it, maybe to people at Course Field and Corsefield hasn't looked into it.
Speaker 7: Well, I know the area of Confucius is talking about, you do. Yeah, I've been there a whole bunch of times on business. And it's in the basement.
Speaker 11: Between rock Pile and yeah, between rock Pile and where do you.
Speaker 7: Okay, there's a horseshoe shaped basement of Course Field, a harshoe shape basement. It's under the main level and it's the basement that's served like all that, you know, the elevators there to send concessions up there.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, it's a working basement.
Speaker 7: It's a working basement. So I know the area's talking about. And there's also a mic or brewery down there, a lot of storage.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that's what he smells. All right, thank you for calling confusions. That's that's really you know, we've exhausted what we can tell you to do. I think, though, the Health Department in Osha are two good things too to to it areas to start now. Earlier I asked Deputy Deputy Chopper to look into something. A guy called from Homer Glenn, Illinois. He said he lived in a storage facility for fifteen years run by the ex mayor of Homer Glenn. He said the ex mayor started making life miserable for him and wanted to get rid of him and started plotting against him. And this is where the story comes off the rails.
Speaker 1: Peter said, you know, basically, they it's just a giant, long litany of wrongdoings. He said the mayor and his buddies did to get this guy out.
Speaker 4: They made him sick. He ended up in a hospital for two years and just got out. Now again I labeled the guy as maybe a nutjob because again every single area of his life was turned upside down. He's blaming the ex mayor and his cohorts for doing it. So what Chopper, I said, talk to the guy off the air and see if there's a legit concern here. We might be able to help him.
Speaker 21: With tom there's I contacted Homeward Glenn's public information officer. I expected to get all kinds of information from him. The strangest thing was they never heard of him. So that started to make me think, you.
Speaker 4: Know, they never heard of this guy, Peter. Yes, they never heard of him.
Speaker 21: So then I he kept on talking about a country Club Hills town meeting, and I did. I was able to pull that up on YouTube. I said it, And what.
Speaker 4: Is country Club Hills? Why does he keep bringing that up? That's just another town okay down there. I worked this area for FEMA. You go five miles and you're in another town and you've got a police department. I was able to bring that up on YouTube.
Speaker 21: And if anyone wants to look and see what this guy is, he gave the exact same speech to that city council that I sat and listened to for half an hour when I talked to him. The guy's very fluent, but I really think he's the Drew of Chicago.
Speaker 4: Uh do you think? Do you think any of these problems are real?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: What really started and I don't understand is how did Homer Glenn say they never heard of him when you can go to YouTube and find the guy talking to city council.
Speaker 21: Well, that's that's two different cities. What's worrying me now? And I am going to follow up on this later. He's starting to talk about getting a gun and maybe doing oh.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you got to call the police on that.
Speaker 21: I know, and maybe doing suicide by cop. That that really worries me.
Speaker 4: And he gave me say listen, you know, listen, shopper, I learned years ago never to take idle threats idly. You know the guy that you know, the guy that bulldozed his way through that town up and yeah, do you know he called my radio show the day before. Oh no, I didn't know that. Yeah, he called my radio show and was so frustrated with the local government and stuff. And again we thought, well, this guy's a nutjob because everywhere everything he talked about was how they were out to get him. And then he went and rigged up this bulldozer and did it. Yeah, he had called my show before he did it.
Speaker 21: Well, the problem I have I have three different cities that this guy's like a moving target.
Speaker 4: I want to look up.
Speaker 1: But what do we look up on YouTube to see him? What do we look up?
Speaker 21: You look up country Club Hills Town meeting.
Speaker 4: Country Club Hills Town Meeting.
Speaker 21: Okay, December ninth of twenty four, I sent him to you actually to the hell Cane.
Speaker 4: Okay, good good, you can see it all right, all right, we got more coming right up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 18: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter. We're gonna have to sift through some of these nuts. We're just gonna have to do it.
Speaker 4: And I decided we're not gonna take that case chopper from that Peter. You're right. He made this speech on YouTube to another city council, the same exact thing.
Speaker 1: The guy, the guys just a not okay. I mean, you know, it's funny how many nuts there are. I swear to God, it's amazing to me how many nuts there are. Now, who wants to call Section eight for Julie. They gave that to me, Tom, Oh, of course they did.
Speaker 8: They.
Speaker 4: I think you're the designated nut person.
Speaker 21: Well, I hate to say, when I was out there on the street, they all was in my precinct.
Speaker 4: So I am now deputy Deputy Dollar. I asked you to call on which one?
Speaker 1: Oh, on this the Kia Forte woman had a twenty twenty Kia in a body shop.
Speaker 4: Jno autobody. This guy's name is Orlando. It's been in there for fourteen months for the repair of a back quarter panel. He paid six thousand dollars down and he can't find out anything about his car. Were you able to get a hold of this guy Orlando?
Speaker 15: Yeah, Tom, I was able to actually get a hold of Dmitri, I mean not Dmitri, Orlando, and we talked about it and I said, you've had this car for thirteen months now. He said, oh, it hasn't been that long. He said, you were paid six dollars for the initial parts repair. Oh no, and that was for parts.
Speaker 4: Really, well, okay, it was for parts, So where are the parts?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean nothing, it's he just kept stalling and saying, you know, I'm just a one man shop, and I don't spend eight hours a day working on Mike's car. You know, I have other customers that take care of And I said.
Speaker 4: Did you ask him he could come and get his car and his money back? Yeah?
Speaker 15: And he just hung up on me.
Speaker 4: One is Orlando's phone number.
Speaker 15: Area code seven to one nine. Yeah, five four seven two six four five.
Speaker 4: This this guy sounds like a sleeze bucket. I mean, come on, man, So he had nothing to say about a car that's been in his shop for fourteen months. You know, Mike's gonna have to go get his car and then go after the guy for six grand. Here's what I would do.
Speaker 15: That's what we fact about.
Speaker 4: In fact, Mike could probably get his money back. I'll bet you here's what I would do. I would go with a sheriff's deputy or something.
Speaker 1: I would get my car back, no matter how I had to do it, it will never pay to have the car there.
Speaker 15: He's gonna get on Friday.
Speaker 4: He's gonna do it Friday.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he's gonna have I told him to have a sheriff go with him.
Speaker 4: Then he needs to sew Orlando for six grand. And I believe or the parts. But I believe he'll get a judgment, and then what you do is what's called a writ of execution. A lot of people get they get judgments, but they don't know what to do with him. If you got a judgment for six grand against this guy and then did a rit of execution, you can literally, with the sheriff standing by, go in and take from this guy's shop stuff worth six grand to sell. People don't People don't know the power of a judgment. They don't know the power of a judgment. They have to do it, they have to carry it through. I am so tired of liars, cheets and ripoffs. You know, if we weren't so successful in some cases, I think I'd get downright despair. I would suffer despair over this. This show can be very depressing at times, but we have enough successes from time to time that at least, you know, I can say, at least we're doing some good. But the real good I hope I'm doing. The real good is people listening. And all of the people who don't call. All of the people who listen and prevent they don't do the stupid things over and over so I never hear from them. How many people out there have been saved by this show that we never hear from. That's the important thing. Do you ever get discouraged? Now, now, Deputy d do you ever get discouraged? Deputy Dollar? Deputy uh jumbre yes, I do. It does get discouraging, doesn't it?
Speaker 7: Only when I consider the daunting task of cleaning the house?
Speaker 4: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 7: Well, it's a lot of vacuuming and wiping. Oh yeah, clean the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So having all of these problems, that's why it's great when we can facilitate change and make a difference. Now, this guy says, Tom, your survey, I went back and did a survey and found eighty five percent of the people complaining about conditions had disabilities and were on the public dole. This guy says, as you're survey did and take into account. People who pay one.
Speaker 1: Hundred percent of their rent will most likely have a management team that will take care of their property.
Speaker 4: Much better. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, how is your life? Man?
Speaker 1: It's a day of days, isn't it. It's a it's a day of days trying to help people, all right? We have an update now this Small Business Administration. A year ago, she says she was contacted by the SBA and told she defaulted on a small business loan taken out during COVID, and those small business loans was it was a PPP loan and so they started garnishing or social Security check and she has no idea how much they think she even owes. She submitted tax returns, IRS, transcripts, ID, etc. She has an identity theft complaint number, but doesn't know where to go with this. Deputy D contacted the regional administrator of the SBA.
Speaker 4: What's going on with that? D? What's going on with it? Tom?
Speaker 7: I got a hold of a deep, deep, deep insider at the Denver SBA. His name is Christopher Chaves, and he says he knows you from a long time ago when you worked at a TV station and they had a help center across the street.
Speaker 4: Yes, of course, yes, he told me to.
Speaker 7: Say hi to you. Yes, is very enthusiastic about helping both Mary Anne who called us yesterday, and you know, Deputy Scott is working an identical case from last fall. You may recall another elderly lady up from Longmont I believe is getting her Social Security check garnished because of a fraudulent SBA loan through the Small Business Administration. So he says, the SBA is well aware of this problem, and he said it's going to take many more years to clean this up because presumably there was an enormous amount of fraud. I think we've heard that from you know, previous news reports on this matter.
Speaker 1: I mean there, yeah, there have been so many people that got rich during COVID.
Speaker 4: Illegitimately rich, yeah, wrongly rich, right.
Speaker 7: Including the manufacturers of the Satanic vaccines. But that's a different issue. But mister Chavez is very enthusiastic to help. He said that there are several specialists around the country who work on matters that are exactly what mary Anda strived to us yesterday. One of these specialists is right here in Denver. So mister Chavis says that if I and Deputy Dollar email him the callers' names and their phone numbers, he'll personally contact them.
Speaker 4: And he'll walk the matter.
Speaker 7: Is so good a system, and he understands that, you know, these are elderly, lonely ladies who also don't have a lot of income, So not only is the money important to them, but they may not have the wherewithal of the energy to work the system on their own. So we are very much looking forward to working with mister Chavez, and I told him that we'll keep updated on that wonderful on this matter as it progresses through the system.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just so hard when when you're up against the man like that, you're up against the government. I mean, one of these these ladies are in their seventies, their late seventies or.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 7: They all sound kind of elderly, but not frail in case they're listening.
Speaker 4: That's a dinger. That's, let's put it this way, a premature dinger maybe, but at least we're getting somewhere with the government, and that's important.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 7: He also agreed to be on our angels list.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because we from time to time get calls about that. So anyway, by the way, for those listening, I'm getting reports of golf well sized hail in the Parker area, Parker and Franktown area, that there's a lot of giant hail going on. So those listening beware, man, that's scary. Deputy Dollar, Deputy Chopper, any other follow ups? I have one, Tom, Yeah, go ahead, sir, Deputy Deputy Chopper, go ahead.
Speaker 21: Yeah, this one here. I don't know if you want to light up their phone number or not. But this came from a lady named Carol, probably about three weeks ago, and I've been trying to work on it, but I was sick there for that week. Yeah, she had the wrong spring put in her garage and oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, supposedly they put in a spring that was too heavy.
Speaker 21: Yes, that's true. And she gave me the name of the company that now does the garage door. This company has bought several other little companies and they only answered their phone as garage door. And I probably have called them maybe seven eight times, and every time I can't get it out of my mouth that Hi, I'm calling from Tom Martine and they hang up on me. They won't even.
Speaker 4: Talk to me about it.
Speaker 21: I talked to Carol two days ago. Nothing's ever been done. She's giving up.
Speaker 1: But what are the symptoms? Is she having any symptoms or is she just wondering about it?
Speaker 21: I think she was just wondering about it. But one clear choice garage door came on out and took care of the problem. It's still cost her, I think four hundred and thirteen dollars.
Speaker 4: Then she should just proceed, you know what, She should proceed to small claims Court because she's already had it repaired.
Speaker 21: Yes, and I think that's what I've asked her to give this a call back or call in to the show. But I'm going to make contact with her after the show and tell her that, like you said, small claims Court is.
Speaker 4: It's a judgment that seems to get people's attention. You know, Major Mark Major has made quite a hobby of this. Well, he hasn't done any recently, but he wins almost every time. Or better yet, they contact him beforehand to settle. And I don't know if Deputy D can talk about it, but he's been using maybe he doesn't want to talk about it.
Speaker 7: I can talk about it.
Speaker 4: I find it fascinating what you're doing. Quickly tell people what you're doing.
Speaker 7: I sue spammers. So you may recall that it's illegal to send spam to our phones, whether it's.
Speaker 4: Called except no one does anything about it.
Speaker 7: Well, the government just doesn't have the resources because the sheer volume of spammers and spam. So both of the statutes under which I sue have a right of private action. There's a federal statute called the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and there is also it's state analog in the Colorado Consumer Protection Act. And so I've been saying.
Speaker 4: So there's a right, there's a right to private action.
Speaker 7: Yes, and so there are both statutes also specify what's called statutory damages.
Speaker 4: So if you win, do you get attorneys fees? Yes?
Speaker 7: Now, I yeah, Now I'm doing this on my own right now, right, and so I have no attorney fees. But but both of those statues do have a fee shifting provision, so that if you do successfully sue a spammer, they're required to pay your attorney bills or at least the court the court, the court will award your attorney fees to you.
Speaker 4: And to be a spammer, what does it mean.
Speaker 7: Well, unsolicited you know, unjust any unsolicit text. Yeah, like I'm getting a lot of texts about Hey, do you want to buy some health andsranty.
Speaker 4: You have to be on a no call list for it to work.
Speaker 7: Yes, you have to be. There are two no call lists. They're both free, and your entries on those lists never expire. So there's a federal no call list.
Speaker 4: But if you're not on the list, you don't get to sue.
Speaker 7: It's a lot harder. So there are other reasons you can sue, but you have to prove a lot more so.
Speaker 4: It's easier if you're on one of those lists. So the very first step, and we got to take this break. I want to give people the steps of getting on that list, and that's their first step. More right after this