Speaker 1: It's excitety six nine in the Valley's Best makes Priscilla here. So new study shows that seventy percent of parents feel guilty because they don't think their kids are drinking enough water and listen. While I understand the well intended parents out there, I also think we're a little too hard on ourselves, because let's be real, I don't even know that I knew what water was until I was like twenty five. I can't really remember a time that my parents had me walk around with a hydro flask or a stanley making sure I drink enough water. Like Stephanie's on the phone. Stephanie is in Gilbert. Did you do you remember drinking water as a kid growing up?
Speaker 2: Well, we used to get locked up of a house, so I don't really fit in this category exactly.
Speaker 1: I think parents are too hard on themselves these days because I remember going outside and playing and if I ever drank any water, it used to be out of the water hose.
Speaker 2: Yes, me too, If you need a drink, don't run in and out of the house.
Speaker 3: It's toom hot.
Speaker 2: They're letting all the cooler parents.
Speaker 1: Back then, they felt guiltier for letting the ac air out of the front door than making sure their kids were hydrated.
Speaker 4: Yes, and listen, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: That may have contributed to our drinking habits now like Stephanie do to even drink water nowadays. Sometimes sometimes you're like, I get my hydration from Coca Cola and coffee.
Speaker 4: Thanks for that stuff.
Speaker 1: All right on the way, we have what's trending with your tickets to the Phoenix Mercury plus your tickets to train coming up just after seven right here on Mix it took scinety six to nine.
Speaker 4: The Valley's Best Mix.
Speaker 1: Priscilla here, So Lizzo opened up about taking a year off.
Speaker 4: She's calling it a gap year to protect her piece.
Speaker 1: And she's not doing any projects and she's doing a lot of traveling. So I'm curious, Gabrielle, she's on the phone from Peoria, what is your opinion on taking a gap year?
Speaker 2: I honestly, I feel like taking a break is great, and I applaud especially famous like singers for actors, because they're just like us too, so we can get overwhelmed, and I'm sure like their type of business, like they are extremely overwhelmed at time. So by recognizing that they can, you know, be exhausted or just need a mental break. I think it's great.
Speaker 4: I do too.
Speaker 1: I think it does relay an overall message. But here's my little hang up is that she has a lot of resources, Like she's able to take a year off, she's able to go to Thailand. She's able to regroup and really prioritize her mental health. But then I think of people like us who work full time. We have kids, we have friends, we have to maintain a life. How do you balance that? Like what do you do to prioritize not getting burned out?
Speaker 2: So I work full time and I have kids, and I have not taken away like obviously, like I can't step away from my family but in or work because I have to financial support. But I have been able to step away from like activities just for like when I felt overwhelmed. The people who are in your life, like if they're truly meant to be there, like they will support you no matter what.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then you see what Lizzo does and you kind of relate it to your everyday life. It's like, well, she stepped away from things, so maybe that gives me permission to step away from certain things, even though our lifestyles are very different. Absolutely, I can get down with that. You can see what she's trying to say obviously doesn't apply to us, but find a way for it to apply to us, right, And you know a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people I think forget like you know, she's a superstar and they put them on a different pedical and it's like we're all human, Like everyone makes mistakes, everyone needs a time off, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be honest, I don't think I could handle that kind of platform, like I get my feelings hurt too often.
Speaker 4: Thanks for that, Gabrielle. Good morning.
Speaker 1: It's mixed eighty six to nine, the Valley's Best Mix. Your chance to go to twenty one pilots is coming up. It's your last day, by the way, and that's coming up just around eleven thirty this morning. But sid football season is almost upon us, well I should say it's here.
Speaker 3: So excited.
Speaker 4: You are a big football girlly, aren't you?
Speaker 3: Yes, I love football season.
Speaker 1: How has your fantasy football league been going, by the way.
Speaker 3: Well, we just drafted and it was very hectic and the first pick I didn't know there was a time limit and so it ran out and I was screaming at my phone. It just picked someone for me.
Speaker 1: And what was your strategy after that? After that, it was to pick all the Packers that I could. How has that gone so far? It went pretty well. I got jord Love, didn't you They got some good players. Didn't you say, like your cacker already got released?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my cacker already got released. I somehow ended up with the Bears defense. I don't know how because I put it on an auto pick after a while because it was getting late. So you're supery.
Speaker 1: How it goes when the season kicks off, Well, I cannot wait to see how it goes through, especially the baby all the way I know. But justin Jefferson, he is one of the highest paid wide receivers in the NFL. He plays for the Vikings, and he currently still live and his four hundred thousand house or four hundred thousand dollars house his townhouse, and a reporter was asking him, like, you like make tons of money, You're one of the highest paid athletes, why do you still live in a four hundred thousand dollars townhouse.
Speaker 3: Here's what he said. I'm a one person. I ain't got no big family. Man, I don't need to be in no ten million dollar mansion.
Speaker 5: And that's not that's not something that I came from.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: I grew up with parents that was grateful for what they have, and I was grateful for.
Speaker 1: What I grew up with, So I never grew up having no big, big old house. What do you what says you? Would you if you had that kind of dough would you stay?
Speaker 3: I don't think i'd buy a big old house if I'm not young. You know, he could get traded. He doesn't have a family yet, Like put yourself up in a nice apartment. I would spend my money on like trips, experiences, being out and about because he probably isn't even home a lot anyway, traveling with the team and games and all of that, and probably having a nice life.
Speaker 4: I don't know that I would buy a ten million dollar mansion.
Speaker 1: But I don't also don't think i'd still be living in a townhouse.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have a family of four and a dog, so it's very different.
Speaker 1: All right, So Sid coming up, I'm sure at thirty five weeks pregnant, you're feeling dishevel just like all over the place, like a little unhinged.
Speaker 4: Yes, all of the above.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm in that same place, but except I'm not pregnant, and something happened this morning, and I'm like, how did I.
Speaker 4: Leave my house like this?
Speaker 1: This has never happened in my thirty seven years of life.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Well explain it.
Speaker 4: Just a few songs your capital city.
Speaker 1: It's mixed ninety six to nine in the Valley's Best Mixed or chance to go to the Phoenix Markey game is coming up just after seven to ten. But sid I every morning, I am very particular about a routine. Okay, like things have to go a certain way. I wake up, I turn certain lights on the right way. So I'm very particular because my head's all over the place.
Speaker 3: Yes, routine.
Speaker 4: Tell me why.
Speaker 1: This morning I'm driving to work and I'm about five minutes from work, and I realize that I left the house with.
Speaker 8: My house sandals on.
Speaker 1: Your slides, the sandals that are buy my garage door that I used to like take the.
Speaker 4: Trash out and only.
Speaker 1: Put on when I got to grab something out of my car. And for the record, I have socks on too, So it's like socks and slocks and slides. I gotta get a better look. I'm so embarrassed, and I'm like, I have meetings today after work or after the show in the building, I have an off site client meeting.
Speaker 3: You I do.
Speaker 4: I'm almost I think I'm gonna go to like Target, switch.
Speaker 3: I bet you could fit my sambas.
Speaker 4: What size shoe do you wear?
Speaker 3: I mean these are pretty fried, but these are like an eight. I would say, oh see, I have a bigger foot thing yet, but I'm a nine and a half. These are a tight nine.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm thinking, I was like, do I go to Target and do I get a new pair? I could buy a new pair of shoes and use it as an excuse.
Speaker 3: You could.
Speaker 4: I cannot believe.
Speaker 1: I've never done this in my life, and I know people do it, but I even sock is the best part. I even so I have a shoe like closet. I even remember going in my shoe closet and turning the light on to grab pair of shoes.
Speaker 3: I don't know how, I don't know where they are. Maybe you put them by the door and then I didn't for prepare it.
Speaker 1: I just that's see. This is when you have ADHD before you take your medicine. Literally a split second can derail you. And it's what happened this morning And I can't physically remember why.
Speaker 3: I thought you're gonna say you left a dish like dishes in the sink or something. No.
Speaker 4: I forgot shoes, literally forgot shoes, Like how embarrassing.
Speaker 1: So if you want to see my new fashion statement, I'm no Regina Georgia.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's on our instagram right now.
Speaker 1: At Mix ninety six nine FM, plus all the details on hiking when those tickets to twenty one pilots because today is your last day. Here Cheryl Coral, It's six ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. Priscilla here, it is time for what's trending, brought to you by Helo Rivert Resorts and Casinos.
Speaker 4: And I am a woman of convenience.
Speaker 1: So anything I can add to my Apple wallet on my iPhone, I am here for it. And right now it looks like you can add your z ID card. So all you have to do is hit that ad button in your wallet, select the driver's license or stay ID and choose Arizona and just go through the verifying process. It only takes about a few minutes and then not only do you have your credit cards on your phone, all your apps, all your information, you also have your ID, so do.
Speaker 4: You even need a wallet anymore?
Speaker 1: Lincoln Park launched one hundred hour Countdown Time or on their social media accounts. It's set to go off August twenty eighth today, sparking rumors of a potential announcement. Speculation includes that they possibly could be doing a reunion tour with a new vocalist. We'll see what that looks like. I am excited to see what the announcement is going to be. The Kelsey brothers Jason and Travis Kelce, well Travis Kelce Taylor shifts Man. They just sold a deal or had a whole deal with Amazon for one hundred million dollars for their podcast.
Speaker 4: How nuts is that? And I'm wondering listen.
Speaker 1: I know they're very talented and their podcast is a lot of fun, but I would be curious if there was someone out there that could do the Taylor Swift effect, like strategy or statistics whatever, to see how much influence this.
Speaker 4: Was because of Taylor Swift. It would be super cool to find out.
Speaker 1: Also, Instagram is featuring new features for you. If you want to be better at social media media ing, you can improve tech. They have improved text tools like fonts, animation effects, and they have texts and stickers to photos. You can add texts and stickers to your photos and carousels.
Speaker 4: So you could check that out.
Speaker 1: That should go live today and they're rolling that out.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do this.
Speaker 1: Let's hook you up with tickets to the Phoenix Mercury. Now is your chance to go to the September fifth game. Give us a call right now six oh two two, six oh oh nine six nine at six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six nine.
Speaker 4: It's Excity six nine in the Valley's Best Mix.
Speaker 1: It is time to play American Aidol.
Speaker 3: We have Tatum on the phone.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Tatum, Good morning. So here's how it works.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have Ai sing a very popular song that we play right here on Mix ninety six nine, and you just got to guess what song it is and you'll win those tickets to the Phoenix Mercury.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have producers.
Speaker 1: Sit in here to cheer you on, maybe give you some clues. If you know you want to be nice, today said.
Speaker 3: Yes, I got you Tatum, all right, so here we go.
Speaker 1: What artist and title of the song is Ai singing?
Speaker 9: We were good? We were gold kind of dream that can't be sold. We were right till we weren't build a home and watched it burn. And I didn't want to leave you. I didn't want to lie, started to cry, but then remembered, I can buy myself flowers, write my name in the sand, talk to myself for hours, say things you don't understand.
Speaker 4: Tatum, what song is that?
Speaker 6: It is Flowers by Miley Cyrus.
Speaker 1: You didn't even need anyhow a name and sydy, congratulations.
Speaker 4: You are going to the Phoenix Mercury game. And uh, you have a.
Speaker 1: Four pack of tickets so you can take some friends or family whoever you want. Po thank you of course, haying Ty, all right, we'll do that again tomorrow morning. On the way, Sid, I just moved into my new house. Yes, And as people that are learning their new homes, you realize there are views of your house that the outside can.
Speaker 3: See that others can peek in on.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, And we discovered that yesterday. We'll explain in a couple of songs. Had Chili Pepper's on Mix ninety six nine. This girl is getting roasted on social media because her unpopular opinion is that.
Speaker 4: They are trash and she is wrong. Not cool, lady, not cool.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's six ninety six ' nine, and so sid When people buy houses, they have to learn the layout and kind of see where everything's positioned and where they're.
Speaker 4: Going to make their routine happen.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, of course, Well that's what I'm trying to do in my new house. And we our bedroom is upstairs and the primary bathroom is facing this back of a like a I would say, a main road because we don't have a neighbor behind us.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's kind of nice, which is very nice.
Speaker 1: But next to that main road is this big field where people go exercise and they go walk their dog and they're just out and about. Right, Okay, well, right now, our house is currently waiting window treatments because our windows are shaped weird, so we're just waiting for our blinds to come in, right, gotcha.
Speaker 4: And the meantime, I asked my husband, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, since we don't have blinds and there's nothing like blocking, can people see into our bathroom?
Speaker 4: My huss like, no way, there's no way because the angle of the house.
Speaker 1: There's no way, oh no. And I'm like, okay, I'm gonna take your word for.
Speaker 4: It, but I just you know, women, we have our gut feeling, our intuition.
Speaker 3: You're like, even with the lights on at night exactly.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna send my eight teenage daughter outside at eight pm I'm gonna have her walk across the street and I'm gonna have her take a picture of what she sees. And I stood by the window so I can see if she could see me, clear as day, I can see her eyelight. Literally, you can see the gray hair on my head that has not been dyed yet.
Speaker 4: Like you can see what t shirt I was wearing it?
Speaker 1: What I like, my stomach.
Speaker 3: Fell out of my behind.
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, when she showed me that photo, she've probably been in the buff in front of that window. Well that's what I was like, Oh my gosh, what have these people across the street that go to this field and exercise and walk their dogs?
Speaker 4: What have they seen?
Speaker 3: I like, these new neighbors are naked all the time in their window.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go crawl into a hole. I don't I gotta move. I gotta sell my house.
Speaker 3: And my husband did the same thing because our whole back are our bedroom, bathroom, it's just all glass. Oh my god, there's the fence. But then I can see the house behind us when their windows, and there's teenage boys there. So this is like, I'm like, if I can see them, I feel like they can they can meet.
Speaker 4: Oh girl, they can see you.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh no, the sun glares. Boys know nothing.
Speaker 1: So I'm suing my husband for emotional damage.
Speaker 4: I'll let you know how much I win.
Speaker 1: And if you want to see the view, no, well not love you because we're not putting that up on the internet. I just mean, like the picture my daughter sent me fully clothed, fully clothed on my Instagram or our Instagram right now at Mix ninety six nine FM, it's Valley's Best Mixed Mix ninety six to nine.
Speaker 4: Priscilla here.
Speaker 1: So today for a hot topic is very relevant to today's times. So it's sharing in this study that the election is affecting Americans dating lives, and it says about seventy two percent of daters are having politically charged conversations with the match on dating apps.
Speaker 4: Before they even meet, So before.
Speaker 1: They even meet, they're already having these very heated conversations. So the question today is can you be with someone that has opposing views?
Speaker 4: As you now listen, this isn't.
Speaker 1: About who believes in what and what you think is right or wrong. This is more so about finding love and do you need to align in that area in order.
Speaker 4: To be with someone long term?
Speaker 1: If you have a perspective, give us a call six to so two two six to nine six nine, So we have Jeff and Chandler on the phone. Jeff, do you think that it is a deal breaker or it affects your dating life when it comes to your different views on the world.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean, me and my wife is we've been together for like five years. And the beauty of it about communication is that we can, you know, calmly talk about stuff and we talk about a lot of different topics. You know, there's a lot going on in the world right now, but I think communication is key, and I think as long as people just try to hear each other out, I think that's, you know, the way to move forward.
Speaker 4: And you guys, have opposing views.
Speaker 6: We do, okay, you know, I think that's what love is about, you know, I mean hearing different sides and just you know, accepting and moving on and making things work.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, Jeff, appreciate the perspective. Let's move on to Christina in Surprise. Do you think you have to have the same world views as your partner in order to make it work?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, explain why.
Speaker 10: Because everything has just been very divisive. My husband and I do not align and things have been a lot more difficult. So if I were ever to have to start over, I would not be able to date somebody that had such differing.
Speaker 6: Views of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's a tough one, and I totally understand, especially if you are so passionate about your perspective. So if you have an opinion on this, or maybe you have a very personal situation and you figured it out, or maybe you're just like, yeah, absolutely not give us a call.
Speaker 4: We want to hear it.
Speaker 1: Six oh two two six oh oh nine six ' nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six ' nine. It's fix eighty six y nine. The Valley's Best Mixed Priscilla Here in the middle of our hot topic and the hot bio is this survey saying that seventy five percent of daters are saying that the election is affecting their dating life. And so we're asking today do you need to have the same views in order to have a long term relationship? So we have Brittany and Quinn Creek on the phone. What do you think, Brittany, Yes, I.
Speaker 10: Totally agree that you have to be aligning.
Speaker 4: Why is that?
Speaker 6: I just think sometimes the.
Speaker 2: Politics plain that you're also morals and what side you're aligned with because some sway one way and.
Speaker 1: The other way.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to keep that.
Speaker 1: No, No, I get what you're saying though, because nowadays it is so much different than it was ten years ago, and your perspective on where your views are also aligned with a lot of people's morals. And at the end of the day, if you don't have the same morals, then how do you make a long term relationship work?
Speaker 2: Exactly? Yes, because you would butt heads all the time.
Speaker 1: I feel like that, and then that's kind of that would be tough to live a life like that, right Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh definitely uncomfortable.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I couldn't do it all right?
Speaker 1: Thanks? For that, Brittany, if you have a perspective on whether or not you think that it could work with the same views or not, give us a call six O two two six oh nine six nine.
Speaker 4: It's mixed ninety six nine The Valley's Best mixed. Priscilla here.
Speaker 1: So we are asking you, do you think that you have to have the same views on life, as far as the world, politically, all those things in order to have a long term relationship be successful. So we have Sal in Tempe on the phone. Sal, what do you think about this statistic or this survey that says you have to have the same views or else it won't work.
Speaker 5: Well, I think that's that's definitely false. So a good example is my wife and I we started dating in high school in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 4: Uh huh.
Speaker 5: We have totally opposing views on things and that for the most part, that carries through to today. But our core values are the same. So we make it work because we communicate, we care for each other, and we're open minded. So you know, there's different components to what she believes in what I believe in that we can communicate effectively with and you know, we can see the value in the other person's point of view, and because of that we have such a strong relationship. You know, you can't have that one side of mentality and things selfishly because you're going to miss out on, you know, great things in your life.
Speaker 1: Are there certain things that you guys like keep off the table though, like, hey, we just probably shouldn't talk about that because we know we're not going to agree regardless.
Speaker 5: No, not at all. I mean as a matter of fact, like well we'll even kind of like make jokes and make fun of each other for you know, our opposing views. But at the end of the day, you know we our core values, like I said, are still the same.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: It's funny because a lot of these a lot of things that people like relationship advice and things that therapists share. It's like perspective is everything, and that's just perspective in life. Like having perspective can save you a lot of discomfort.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you're always going to have disagreements with people, Like you might not be happy with, you know, the views of the place that you work at, but you know, for the most part, you're not just going to get up and quit because you know they have different different perspectives on things. You know, you make things work.
Speaker 4: That's such a good point.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't quit your job because your boss has opposing views, would you.
Speaker 4: Quit your marriage?
Speaker 6: Exactly?
Speaker 5: Communication, Well, there you have it.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you're able to navigate that situation where you both are on the same page, or you're able to make it work and not be on the same page. All right, on the way, we have your tickets to train plus coming up around eight twenty five. The fashion trend that's making its way back, and I will rebuke it. I will not accept it until the day I die. You will explain in about fifteen minutes on Mix. It's ninety six to nine The Valley's Best Mixed. Priscilla here, sid did you see the fashion trend that stylists are trying to bring back? I did, unfortunately, listen to this. Just bear yourself, okay, or prepare yourself. I should say all that.
Speaker 11: Twenty twenty four is going to be the season skinny jeans come back. And I'm not saying that baggagejeans out, just that skinny jeans in. I'm going to wear them with our long trench coats and oversized blazers. So the serbs inciling that's most important is going to be with boots. This is coming at a relatively good time for us, because lots of us have some very beautiful statement boots. Let me know what you think of skinny jeans, if you're going to be wearing them this fall or not at all.
Speaker 4: First of all, and I'm notch at all, I'm not going to be doing.
Speaker 3: That with your feb's boots.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, if you have a British accent, you're already way more stylish than I can ever be. And I'm not taking fashion advice from you because we're not in the same category.
Speaker 3: No, but I will say I'm a sucker.
Speaker 4: For the fashion. But would you go back to skinny jeans?
Speaker 3: I don't know. See, the look that she is explaining is like a fall look somewhere where it's cold, right, like skinny jeans with a boot over it. We don't really need all that here. We're not wearing jackets.
Speaker 1: Also, every model she gave an example of is like ten pounds.
Speaker 4: Like I'm sorry, I am Latina and I have that.
Speaker 1: I have the booty and the hips and the thighs and skinny jeans. For some reason are not flattering on my legs. They are not most people in general, unless you have like banging legs or very you know, slim, skinny jeans just should not come back.
Speaker 3: I had to go back in my camera and see the last time I wore pair skinny jeans? When was it?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 3: Twenty nineteen? Oh, that was five years ago.
Speaker 1: I know. Oh my gosh, I got a look. I'm actually gonna post it. We should post a picture the last time we were in skinny check. Kay, yeah, that's fun. Let's do it on our Instagram at Mix ninety six nine FM. It's Mix ninety six nine in the Valley's Best mixed. Priscilla here. Don't forget your chance to go to Wow hour fired up this morning. Your chance to go to train is coming up just around nine oh five and Sid there was a thread on social media the top ten reasons couples argue that live together. Okay, and I'm gonna rip through these with you and then see if you argue about any of these.
Speaker 3: Things with your man.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see, let's just do the top five Who left the lights on? And when I say argue, it's like silly bickering, like annoying thing totally. Who left the lights on? What to eat for dinner? Money that's a big one, though, partner not doing their share of household chores, okay, and number one not keeping the house clean.
Speaker 3: It's one thousand percent what we're gonna eat for dinner that no one can ever decide on. Well, I'll just be I don't know, I don't know what to eat again, you know, it's just always and then he'll give like five suggestions and then none of those are what you're feeling, and so he gets frustrated and he'll never pick. I say you pick, and he goes no, because if I pick and you don't like it, then it's my fault.
Speaker 1: So I've gotten I've gotten to the point where I just do it and decide and you're gonna eat what you eat, and that's it. Like last night, I didn't even ask my husband what he wanted for dinner. I just made spaghetti impasta and I was like, what, I don't even know if he wants it or not, but this is what I'm making.
Speaker 3: Seems to be easier.
Speaker 1: I guess if Michael and I were to argue about one thing, it would be him not being sweet enough to me, but not in.
Speaker 4: Like a mean way.
Speaker 1: But just like my husband ninety nine point nine percent of the time is right, but I just don't like his tone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Be sweet, be nicer, be sweet. I keeping the lights on, we don't really do that.
Speaker 4: No, he does sleep with the TV on, and I hate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I have literal ear plugs and a face mask to avoid anything from the TV coming on.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That might be second to food in our house. They turn it off, turn it off.
Speaker 1: The other thing is nothing about the phone. We're never like on our phone too much when we need to be. But my thing, my biggest hang up is that when my kids are driving me nuts and then Michael is like oblivious to it, like he's.
Speaker 4: In the room, he knows it. But I'm like he's turned out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, bro, say something because dad, the energy Dad gives is a lot harsher than the energy mom gives, at.
Speaker 4: Least like the kids taking it seriously.
Speaker 3: Yes, Unfortunately that's always the case.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, can you tell Jacks to stop doing cartwheels in the living room in front of the TV while we're trying to watch it. He's like oh, and he said last night he had the audacity to tell me last night, Well, I don't know if it's worth saying anything, or it's this just something we're gonna miss in a couple of years because she's.
Speaker 4: Not gonna want to hang out with us.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm like, really, you're gonna miss this, Michael. You're gonna look back in two years be like, oh I missed when Jacksonna let us get through a movie.
Speaker 3: He tried to flip it on you like and say, we're gonna miss times like these.
Speaker 6: No you're not.
Speaker 4: No, you're not.
Speaker 1: But if you want to see the full list, will put it up on our Instagram stories right now at Mix ninety six nine. F it's Mix ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. Priscilla Here.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have your tickets to train in just a minute.
Speaker 1: But we got to give you an update on this influencer named Jules Lebron said you've heard about her, right of course, very demure.
Speaker 4: Yes, she's the one that came up with.
Speaker 3: This very demure, very mindful.
Speaker 1: I mean it's to the point where my eight year old is now using it and it's her favorite thing to say, it's very cute, see very.
Speaker 4: Approachable, and we all know it from her.
Speaker 1: But she wanted to create this merch and start posting about it, creating revenue from it and.
Speaker 4: All that stuff.
Speaker 1: But she should, yes, But the problem is is when you want to start doing that, you should trade market so no one else can do it. But then she came across this problem when she realized that someone else trade marked it before she had a chance to.
Speaker 7: This this RCH situation is like really like like like I've just invested so much money and time into this, and I feel like I did it wrong. Like I feel like I didn't try hard enough, and like like I wanted this to like do so much for like my family, Like like I dropped the ball. Someone else has it, and I like don't even know what I could have done better because like I didn't have the resource.
Speaker 3: Though it broke my heart.
Speaker 4: Oh that makes sense, I know, because here's the thing. It's like I like empathize with this so.
Speaker 1: Much because I understand not having the resources not knowing any better. Like you have the talent, you have the ability, but it's like you don't know the legal jargon, especially when you didn't grow up in that environment.
Speaker 3: Right right, And it's her personality and exactly that made this amazing exactly.
Speaker 1: Well, luckily the internet is also amazing for a lot of other things. And they rallied behind her. They were able to get her legal representation. And we have an update, Buz.
Speaker 6: On the trademark front.
Speaker 4: I feel like I have to say something. We got it handled.
Speaker 3: Now, gonna leave it out that we got it handled.
Speaker 8: Mama got a seam now, yes, so we are going to be the first in line to buy very demure, very cute sie.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: Good for her, all right, let's do this.
Speaker 1: If you want to go see train, they're heading to Talkie Stickers or Amphitheater on September eleventh for the Summer Road Trip twenty twenty four tour.
Speaker 4: And we want to send you there. Give us a call now.
Speaker 1: Six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six nine, got dies, It's six ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mixed. Priscilla here and Sid, where did you go for the first time that you were very excited about.
Speaker 3: I'm all grown up. First trip to Costco in the books, I've got a membership, I've got a car.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: So before you tell us how your first trip went, what did you expect before you'd ever been there.
Speaker 3: I expected that i'd be overwhelmed, okay, which is what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you? But I was excited. Oh for the snacks okay. So you were like the samples.
Speaker 3: The samples, okay, and for the food afterwards, because I want to get a hot dog.
Speaker 4: Oh the food court.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that you got a drink with it. It's one fifty huge hot dog. I could hardly finish it anyway. Like, my husband was so weird a first of all, when we signed up, why, we walked up to the thing and he's like, I need to add someone to my account. And I'm standing right there pregnant, and he's like, okay, who do you want to add.
Speaker 4: This young woman to my left?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, his wife, I'm right here. He goes I didn't want to assume. So that was weird off the bat whatever. Then we got all signed up and we walk in and the first thing I see, Oh my gosh, we need toothpaste. Oh my gosh, here's a plant here's a couch. Do we need a plant for the baby room? And Paul's like focus, we're here to look at food.
Speaker 4: Oh, good luck, buddy.
Speaker 3: So it was just everything. I was like, oh my gosh, look at this. Oh my gosh, look at this. I don't know how people do that on a regular basis, Like how often do you go me?
Speaker 4: Personally?
Speaker 1: I go, honestly once a week maybe, yeah, about once a week really, yeah, because if you don't know, I don't cook, so I want to be more as efficient and quick and easy as I can. Costco has great, fresh quality meals that you can just pop in the oven.
Speaker 4: Also snacks for school.
Speaker 1: My daughter loves those, and honestly, their products are so high quality, Like their shampoo is like a knocked off of Nexus shampoo.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. Then we started looking at the baby stuff like diapers, wipes, so it made me very excited a little scared. And then once we checked out, I was like, I'm excited. Think that was a good deal, but I'm not.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a good deal if your heart is happy. That's what I always say. Thank you, I'm excited for you on this Costco journey because your life is about to be changed