Speaker 1: Quick Wick wit ethan Win, I'll show you're gonna bruing ind to be except with some sweet pursuing in donld out Shaw Shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chill in at day Eagle? Yeah, we're doing in three your cloud on the dot. Got a habit for my house, a goat status. Howard starting to get crabbit shows that enough multippled like a rabbit, tuned in so out, creak it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 2: I'm on hang out with my friend, locked in on the Lady Kat, Christine, all up on radio.
Speaker 3: All up on my radio. Indeed, Hello and welcome everybody.
Speaker 4: It's the world famous Ben and Skin Show, Ben Rogers, Jeff skin Wade known him since nineteen eighty two. Christina k Ray corn Bread, a little baby corn Bread Ray, Kevin k T Turner, pride and enjoy of only Texas.
Speaker 3: Skin. I noticed you're wearing a suit.
Speaker 4: You're fired up because tonight you will be broadcasting at the AAC for the Laker Return of Laker Luca. I'm almost as excited about that as the fact that Corey Seger has had another home run in this Ranger game been six to one, Rangers two bombs for Corey Seeger.
Speaker 3: Yep, these bats are back. Yeah, Cory Seger, I guess we do know? Hold on Presidy, Can I hear that again? Well the paraphrase Corey Seeger, I guess we do know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the power phrase. So Luca is back. This is an emotional night for all of DFW. It's the biggest story in town, one of the biggest stories on planet Earth. Nobody can understand how we the Mavericks traded a twenty five year old global icon and it's just not done. It's as you just don't see it happen ever, like maybe a guy demands a trade to go somewhere, maybe, but to be traded, to be blindsided. And look, it hasn't gone well for the Mavericks, and for a lot of different reasons. Almost everyone in their organization has been hurt. I mean everybody. It's the walking wounded. Guys have been banged up and hurt. I got injured doing a game. God, there's so many roster problems, like there was a question of the mapsn't even have enough bodies to suit up for a game. Good news Ben, not for tonight, but for the Toronto game, we got Brandon Williams back, great wedding. Back from Friday and Sunday against the grizz things are I never imagine a millionaires. I'd be so excited to get a two way player back.
Speaker 3: He's that's great.
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, do you know who's questionable for tonight's game? Dante XM Yep, look out dude. That means he might be back in time for the play in.
Speaker 3: That'd be huge. Great.
Speaker 4: Look, these are tough times. These are tough times, and emotions are going to be high. This is the weirdest sporting event maybe ever, because there will be more Luca fans in the house than Maverick fans.
Speaker 3: Do you remember, like.
Speaker 5: Usually these these are go bad the return you know of someone you usually it's man. Do you remember when the Rangers had a rod Well when he went to Seattle for the first time and Seattle would printed out like money and they're like throwing fake money on the field and stuff because he signed for two hundred and fifty two million dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that's what.
Speaker 5: It's never like this where I think everyone in the arena wants the other team to win. I think a good portion of them. What I mean, I want the MAVs to win, but I think a lot of people there are going to be pulling for the Lakers tonight, and that drives me nuts.
Speaker 3: But it's what it is.
Speaker 4: The that'll be The real interesting thing is how noticeable it is. That's what I'm so I guess anticipatory about more than anything, because look, everyone didn't cancel their season tickets.
Speaker 3: That didn't happen.
Speaker 4: Okay, there's a lot of people, and I see him at games all the time that are still season ticket holders, and those people are probably going to be rooting for the Mavericks and Luca at the same time I will. And then there's going to be keep in mind, even before Luca, the Lakers always traveled really really well. Anyways, we always make jokes about look at all these Kobe jerseys. And then on top of that, there's gonna be people that are no longer Maverick fans, but they're only Luca fans, and they went out of their way to come to this game to show it. And so when the Mavericks make a bucket, there's gonna be noise. There's gonna be your normal home crowd noise. However, when Luca makes a bucket, there's gonna be probably more noise than anything, and then there's gonna be Laker noise whenever Austin Reeves makes a bucket. So it's gonna be the strangest crowd reaction in a home game that really anyone has ever seen.
Speaker 3: There's really nothing like this to even compare it to. I need I need an offseason.
Speaker 4: I just can't get to the off season fast enough to really process emotionally how I feel about all this. To be honest with you, yeah, I don't even know how I feel about being a mass fan moving forward into the future. I love this team. It's always been my team. But I'm gutted by this. I mean it is I don't even on. My brain is having a hard time processing it. And it would have been so much easier to process if they had been healthy, because what we saw in the one half before Anthony Davis got hurt, what we saw in that one half was like, Okay, they could be going to the finals again this year. That's how good they look. They looked like they could beat anybody. But it's an incomplete work because we didn't even get to see that, right, So it does nothing for you that tonight might be Clinch night. Clinch that ass clinch what a plan? I mean, yeah, because there's three.
Speaker 5: Up with three to play on and Phoenix plays Oklahoma City. So if the MAVs win tonight.
Speaker 4: If the maths when they're in, because the magic number with two is Phoenix and Phoenix got drummed last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's two they win. Yeah, they're in. They're in the place is Clinch Night. Anything happens on Clinch Night. You always say that. I don't.
Speaker 4: There's not a lot of hope there because there's no like getting in. All I want is the best bet draft pick possible. Well, I want to get better and contend or can And they're in the middle.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: Now, if they were to upset Oklahoma City, that'd be insane. If they get into the play in and advance and then to upset Oklahoma City.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh my god. Okay, this has been a magical ride.
Speaker 4: But I think that's just a series of other guillotines waiting for them right now. I mean, it would be very difficult to beat Oklahoma City unless Oklahoma City had similar injuries, right, me a crack.
Speaker 3: At doing something that's never been done before.
Speaker 4: I mean, shot, yeah, I think the likelihood of having a pick that's higher than twelve is so minuscule. I'd rather just see what you can do. And dude, I mean, look, you're not going to beat the best team in basketball without Kyrie Irving probably it seems very unlikely. But they will have a good portion of the rest of their team healthy. And so if they did get Dante XM back and then they had Spencer and Dante and Brandon Williams, well, then it can be a more competitive thing. And then Oklahoma City has to do with Anthony Davis and Gafford and live. Here's the thing I'm also very excited about tonight. This will be the first game where you have your full front line without minute restrictions. Now, because of the way they play in general, it's not like some guys gonna go out there and have thirty eight minute game. Like I still think I doubt Ad plays more than thirty two minutes or whatever. But this is a this is a battle of teams that play way differently, and so the you know, Luca's gonna have to be great for them to go in there and do what they want to do and Lebron and Austin Reeves. Those three guys are gonna have to be great because the Mavericks should be able to play baller defense, and those guys are gonna be amped up for this. It's the most anticipated regular season basketball game in the NBA in a decade. Yeah, and I wonder how Jkid approaches the game. You know, we'll get into this later, but it certainly if you read Mark Stein, it certainly feels like Lucas Campus does not think this was all Nico the trade. They certainly think j Kid is culpable as well. That would be his prerogative as the coach. But like, how much of Luca's angst is directed towards j Kid because he'll be able to see him the whole night, right? And then how does Jake Kidd approach it? Does anybody in the Mavericks organization care how it goes other than just winning? Like in other words, you have everybody knows Luca's game exceedingly well. He's played his whole career here until recently. So they've seen some teams try to blitz Luca and get the ball out of his hands. This happens with a lot of superstars. They've seen some teams go no, we're just gonna play you straight up. And if you know, so, which way will they choose to go? And like they do they care if Luca has a pedestrian game statistically versus like the owner does you know the governor does he would he much rather Luca had a pedestrian game or does it hurt more if he goes for sixty against him? You know, I don't know, that's super interesting. I haven't even thought about whether or not Patrick Dumont will be in the house else does he want to be in the house for this, Like you know, Nico's changed where he is in the arena. Yeah, though I think he's going to be in the tunnel where he's been Yeah, I mean I I would be surprised if he if he moved.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's maybe the NBA wants for security reasons for them to not have those guys, And that's how volatile the thing has been that that would even be a consideration.
Speaker 3: And it could be too that.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't know how those guys feel. They may be like I don't want to be a distraction, so I don't want to be here. But man Nico was in the building in La and it wasn't no thing. You know, he was down there on the court. So the other side of the ball, when when the Mavericks have the ball, clearly they're going to want to attack Luca, right, so who does that?
Speaker 3: What's the matchup that works best for that? You, Kyrie? Right now, they don't really have that.
Speaker 4: I mean, Luca's probably going to be covering Clay most of the night. I could see a couple times where he's covering. So the problem, well know, because then you could you could put Austin Reeves on vincer Dinwiddie, and then you could put Luke on Clay. It's but then they go even smaller with Vincent. That's gonna it's that's part of the fun of the intrigue of the matchup. The Mavericks are way bigger and stronger, and the Lakers are more perimeter.
Speaker 5: You know what really speaks to how big this is. It's like growing up as a kid, you would say, oh, one of the bulls come into town. Okay, you try to get you know, tickets for you know, Michael Jordan, when you said Lebron a minute ago or one of you said Lebron a minute ago.
Speaker 3: I went, oh, yeah, he's on.
Speaker 5: The Like, dude, this is like like maybe last five, six, seven times Lebron will ever play here in town.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I ain't thinking about him for a second. What are you talking about, dude? He's having his best year ever and he's got like zero percent body fat. Is he gonna play how I play for another decade? It is interesting depending on what role he wants to take. You know, he could he could play longer, Like would he ever be cool with coming off the bench?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: He's not close to that now, but I think in two years if he wanted to play fifteen minutes and now off the bench, I would love that on my team. Now, you can't pay that fifty million dollars a year or whatever, but it's certainly in play if that's what he wants to do with his life. I'm I'm struggling with this in so many ways, and I feel bad for every Mavericks employee because not every Mavericks employee made this trade, and so they're like, even you guys as broadcasters are are put in a tough spot. But like I see a lot of the stuff that's out there, like saying thank you Luca and Slovenian and things like that, and there's gonna be montage videos and appreciation and it's like the people that made those videos, man, God bless him for making those and but Party of You is like.
Speaker 7: You didn't have to trade him. Why are we doing this montage? Like he still could be you know what I mean. But it's like it's it's complicated because it's not their fault.
Speaker 4: They're just I know, but that's like getting caught up in something that's never gonna change and is in the past.
Speaker 3: Like that, doesn't you know at some point you got to move on with your life.
Speaker 4: Just not there yet. I can't take me a while. I get I need an off season. I need this season to be over with and just move forward. Unless they go on a huge run and beat Oakums and then back in I mean that's probably not gonna happen. It'll be this offseason, all right. What are we gonna do next? I got something I want to tell you guys. How I knew today was not going to go well for the Mavericks And I'll tell you what that is next. Did you guys see who's officially listed as out for tonight's game, stopped looking hold on Kyrie, that's probably one out for season, Christina, Okay, yeah, is there another bad.
Speaker 3: Injury thing that's going to hurt our hearts? It depends on who you're rooting for.
Speaker 5: Is it that one Redhead fan who's been yelling fire Nico for months?
Speaker 4: Is it Bingo card once again? Maxi Cleve has been ruled out for tonight's.
Speaker 3: I don't think about that.
Speaker 5: Him and Dorian are back and we're not even doing that. Are we having tribute videos for them?
Speaker 3: Yes? Pretty serious.
Speaker 5: In fact, I think they're merging the Maxi Dorian Finney Smith and uh, I'm blinking on the name of the twin Morris market.
Speaker 3: We're having a Morris Brother. You're making a joke, right, Yes, they should do a Maxi tribute video.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I so they're in a horrible position because if they do a Maxi tribute video, they'll get killed for it. And if they and if they don't do a Maxi tribute video, someone's gonna go Wait a minute, did they do a.
Speaker 5: Maxi tribute video last night? I don't remember that. I'm mad about that now.
Speaker 3: The disrespect. I remember I was so mad every time they resigned it. But I want a tribuo video right Man. By the way, tribute videos are out of control.
Speaker 5: What do you mean we did one for Spencer Dinwiddie didn't do and we every team now does a tribute video.
Speaker 4: I mean, did the Lakers do a Max Christie? I wouldn't be surprised if they did. The tribute videos are out of hand.
Speaker 3: Man has something to do.
Speaker 5: Man, we got we need more content. We can't just you know, see if this guy can make a half court show.
Speaker 3: And here's the deal with that.
Speaker 4: So if you're playing against somebody who is going to use something you're doing is bulletin board fodder, the easiest way to get them from not being angry is to give them a tribute video.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: I was pissed.
Speaker 7: I was gonna murder you, but then you broke my heart with that touching video that gave me so much love and respect.
Speaker 5: Wait who edited this thing? I would have made a way different video for me than this. I'm pissed now I'm going to drop fifty. You need a tribute video for a guy.
Speaker 4: I think there should be a limit, Like you should have scored a certain number of points, a sister rebounds to play a certain number of years and had a certain win percentage. Kind of like a hall of fame. Don't put everyone in the Hall of fame. Don't make everyone a tribute video. Everybody gets a tribute video. Now it's like being an Oprah's audience. I have been thinking about this. I mentioned this on the podcast we did yesterday with the tick that with you guys. I think Luca, in his mind is already won. Like he's played in Dallas. There's gonna be a packed house of every There's not one person there that's gonna be anti Luca. There will be a ton of people there that are pro mav and pro Luca, so the nature of a home game, right, and then there will be Lakers fans that are pro Lakers, pro Lucas. Oh so many Kobe jerseys. He's already won. And so I just I think he may like succumb to the emotion of it all. And I don't think he's gonna play with vengeance in his heart like we've seen him do before, like somebody on the second row piss him off, like the guy who got him ejected last night. In OKC, whatever, I don't think it's gonna be that type of a night from Luca. I think he'll he'll be emotional. I think he'll be great, But I don't think he's gonna have a huge numerical night. I think I think you're right. I'd be shocked if he put up big numbers tonight for a lot of reasons. And I think part of it is I didn't see the game last night, but man, getting kicked out of the game with the circumstances that are going on to me as an indication that his head might not be where it needs to be. Yeah, and again, this show, if you've listened to the show, you know it's a very pro Lucas show. But part of the criticism of Luca was when are you going too mature? I'm talking about internal critics.
Speaker 5: I means, anyone who's ever done a talk shows segment bitching about Luca, bitching at the refs, you probably just want to take it back now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get in line, O. Hey, it could be way worse, right, he could be gone.
Speaker 4: So but anyways, I think that that's a really telling sign that he was in the mind state to get kicked out of a game last night.
Speaker 3: You saw the second one. I'm sorry, no, no where you said.
Speaker 4: He might have twenty assists tonight, right if they forced the ball out of his saying, I could see that.
Speaker 3: But he was when he got ejected.
Speaker 4: He was yelling at that fan, the tattoo artists he got into it with last year at Oka See, and the ref thought he was talking to him. He was talking to the fane, and the ref ejected. Did you see all the Lakers going no, no, he's talking to that guy, talking to you, he's talking to that fan.
Speaker 5: The OKAC coach is like, there's a line and if a player crosses the line, he should be ejected. I thought the refs did a great job, and I was like, stop kissing ass.
Speaker 4: That's it in the Oklahoma City community, though, you should kiss ass like that.
Speaker 3: Nest questions super.
Speaker 4: I mean, as far as I know, they're the only sports franchise that begins the game with a prayer. I've never seen that anywhere else that that's not indicative of what the community is. I don't know what else is, right, Okay, we're all going about, Oh we're okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'll bow my heads. I don't need it always does out the opening tip.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what is the deal where it seems when there's a lot of stress and a lot of things that are just you're up against where things start cratering and everything starts creating. Well, no, So I got here today and I'm in a hurry, and I'm already stressed out, and there's someone parked in my spot again, which there's rarely people parked in my spot because there's really people parked here really, to be honest. So I'm like, all right, I can't deal with this. There's you know, normally i'd want to deal with that just too much. There's too much going on. It's a busy day, there's a lot going on.
Speaker 3: It's a lot.
Speaker 4: And then the second that I get up here, my food order is completely wrong. It's not even remotely close to anything that I ordered. You were having a Michael Douglas falling down moment.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 4: But I'm like, it is weird that multiple things like that will all happen at once or do you just notice they have it all the time, You're just noticing them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess could be. That's true.
Speaker 4: They do piles up at times, your sandwich place always forgets to give you mustard. This was I went to Bueno. Uh huh, completely different order. Not a single thing I ordered was in the bag. And I probably should have known when the dude that took my order was gone for about from the window for about five minutes. It took my credit cards gone for like five minutes.
Speaker 3: Now that's weird.
Speaker 4: And then I saw him run out the back door checker. Statement, that doesn't seem.
Speaker 3: Normal, screws wade.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: But then you know it's like, wow, So did the next person have my order or did they just decide to make whatever they wanted.
Speaker 3: But there is that thing when you're up against it and things just keep piling up. That's the saying.
Speaker 9: When it rains, it pours. There isn't there a limp biscuit song that we play, a Luke Holme song. No one of those days when you go to good yeah, yeah, breaking stuff.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well it's going better now and we're hard charging towards a six forty three tip. Tonight we'll have the pregame at six Luca back in town to play the Mavericks. That game heard right here on ninety seven point one, The Eagle the home of MAVs basketball.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Coming up next, another huge story in the world Hawk to a girl emerges and Dallas Fort Worth is on the edge of their seats right now wondering what is going to happen tonight as Luca Dodgic returns to Dallas, this time as a Laker, playing in front of his old hometown fans, and man anticipation is through the roof. We'll get back into this momentarily. Coming up in about ten minutes, we'll talk about streaming rankings, but right now it's tough for this.
Speaker 3: Juicy news hot god every stay on top in they shovel.
Speaker 5: Do you guys remember a few years ago, Eli Manning did this thing that was like a commercial where he was a fake quarterback named Chad Powers.
Speaker 3: It kind of rings a bell vaguely, So it was.
Speaker 5: One of those things, you know how like sports funny is different than actual yeah, you know comedy. Yeah, like it doesn't take like the sports world will laugh at anything ESPN funny. So ESPN's like Jason Kelsey, who's great, here's a late night talk show, and then it's like not very good.
Speaker 4: It's because I used to do all those commercials where it's like, hey, here's an athlete in the pit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I like some of that stuff too.
Speaker 5: I love the the old This is Sports Center commercials with you know people I think are funny, Stuart Scott and Rich Eisen and Kenny Maine and Dan at the office. Yeah, well they did a bit, you know, ESPN. It was just a commercial series. Well, Hollywood, clearly, as we've talked about a lot this week, out of many ideas. In fact, they're making a Hershey movie. Okay, Hollywood. Is that it's a love story about how the Hershey people met. Well, you saw who's in it though, Alexandra de dead and with two d's that's double d's.
Speaker 3: Hey, that could be a great story. Though you don't know that, Like the it could be wonderful.
Speaker 4: The story of the guy that's that Rake wrote his name Ray Crockett that started, uh is that his name? The guy that did McDonald's with Michael Keaton. That movie is amazing. It's called Founder. I think, hey, you never know, dude, that movie's bad.
Speaker 5: But it just it's like a long line. We talked about Monopoly yesterday. We made fun of kool aid from Great Show on Apple TV the studio And to.
Speaker 4: Me, if it was a show about the Peanut m now that that's going to be cheesy, this could potentially be good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tell you.
Speaker 4: I mean everybody said, wait, a movie about Facebook and it was Now the Social Network was an incredible movie.
Speaker 5: I think an edgy adult swim type show of the Eminem's characters would be great. And they're cat calling the hot Green one. You remember the Hot Green Eminem you know what I'm talking about. And then you kind of got the SpongeBob Squidward dynamic with Red Eminem and the Peanut Eminem.
Speaker 3: The point is this Eli Manning thing. It's a weird thing.
Speaker 5: His name was Chad Powers, and it's a bit that he goes to a college as a walk on, but he truly Eli Manning. Well, Hulu's like, oh, I'll make a show out of that. So Chad Powers is a show starring Glenn Powell.
Speaker 3: Pow Powell, Okay, so this is the guy that's in everything.
Speaker 5: Glenn Palell, who's in everything, is going to play a guy who goes and walks on at a school as a hypertalent guy.
Speaker 4: He's Chad Powers. So he's the character that Eli Manning was playing in a commercial. Yes, bad as tell you wait. Ted Lasso started out as a commercial. It was commercials of NBC promoting soccer. But wait, that was funny because it was an NFL quarterback pretending to go back to college.
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 4: Is a guy that hooked up with Sidney Sweeney pretending to go back to college?
Speaker 3: Is he a former NFL quarterback going back to college?
Speaker 5: His character is Oregon Ducks quarterback Russ Holiday and he goes undercover in prosthetics. I don't understand what's gonna happen with it, but he gets drafted to the XFL. And this is why this is a story because TMZ is reporting that he bumps into Hailey Welch, the hot Tua girl, and she will be in the show. No, I think probably just a cameo. It sounds like this is not.
Speaker 3: Coming from her. This is reported. No one's heard from her in a long time.
Speaker 4: Wait so Glen, so wait Glenn Palell bumps into Hailey Welch. Okay, so this had probably this is probably shot, already been shot, That's why it's probably getting out. But y yeah, people know that it was shot. But before she disappeared. She did re emerge, I thought after and they said they she's not gonna get fined or anything.
Speaker 3: After the coin, I thought, so, you know, I haven't seen her, so I don't know, are you looking for her? Not really? You know, things came across the algorithm.
Speaker 4: Does she still have the number one podcast in the world about a hillbilly that spits on that thing?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: She disappeared?
Speaker 5: Ben Dryen says, there the SEC wrapped up its investigation on howt coin or hot tua coin, whatever it was.
Speaker 3: Creek Jungle, what dream Tom? Okay, I'm sorry, she's a genius. That's amazing, seems fun. Did I hear that again? Creek Jungle? What dream Tom? I? Why do I?
Speaker 4: I see like an animated woman whistling and walking down the street.
Speaker 3: When I hear that, people do forget.
Speaker 5: Before she said her famous line, she was working at a company that made springs for vending machines, a real thing. So she is going to be in this and uh yeah, I don't know if she's going to do that act to Glenn pal chat Powers. I'm not sure what her thing will be.
Speaker 3: What does that act? Is it?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: Man? Is she is so movie or series series and what on what format? Hulu? Okay, I don't watch a lot on Hulu. Come on, man, you gotta get there. Man, They're doing all kinds of greatness. What is their stuff? Right? Apple's got Severance.
Speaker 5: Studio, Sir, the studio forget Severance, Old News the studio on Apple plus America's number one TV show.
Speaker 3: HBO has the White Lotus.
Speaker 5: They have Last of Us, This Last of Us, the Sunday Hulu has this line, the Family Stone documentary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Netflix has a lot.
Speaker 5: I watched a bunch of crap on Hulu, though, just on like random stuff, late night type stuff, broad City.
Speaker 4: I gotta get reorganized because you can have Hulu, Max, and HBO all in a bundle. And then when I realized I was way overpaying for Hulu, I got mad because I already had this other stuff, so I canceled the Hulu. And then I just need to go in there and cancel my other stuff and then you can get it all together in a bundle and it's cheaper. But I never went around to doing it, so I currently don't have Hulu.
Speaker 5: Did the Arrangers close out that victory? They did right behind us. They did Rangers got the wind.
Speaker 11: They did.
Speaker 5: Put White Langford on the il. He's got his right side's hurting. His left side was hurting in spring training, but now it's his right side. It sounds like something an old person would say, right side, it's hurting. Sounds like a hockey injury. Like they're being vague.
Speaker 3: Do we know why Jack White was there? Does he have a show? He lives in?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Wait, always Chicago. It feels like I thought, I'm getting it confused with Detroit. Now for sure, I'm an idiot. His show is May sixth. I don't have ticketshed probably on that. Huh Is that just at the south Side Ballroom where playing outside?
Speaker 3: Ball room? Outside?
Speaker 5: I think it's sold out. He plays in Chicago tomorrow night at the Salt Shed. That's why he's there. You go also real quick, you know our good friend Jesse. Yeah, used to work on the Kimmel Show. Yeah, huge Buffalo Bills fan. Right, So the Dallas Stars last night we're playing and they lost, and they had a big comeback loss in the last minutes, like a terrible loss, even though they're one of the best teams in the league. And it was very fun to report the news to him today that his other his favorite hockey team because he quit the Mavericks, is the Dallas Stars. They're just the Buffalo Bills. They're gonna go deep in the playoffs and they're gonna get beat in the end.
Speaker 10: What is this?
Speaker 3: This is pessimism. I appreciate it. Where's the ring? Not the time? Leave that out nineteen ninety nine, dude, leave it out on Luca. Oh, this is a lot of days.
Speaker 5: Today's National Gin and Tonic Day, which I'm about to go get one from the bartender at iHeart open house in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Man, Well done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you for letting us know what's going on with Hawk Tour Girl coming up in less than five minutes. Let's talk about the streaming rankings. We're just talking about some of the platforms. What are the number one shows in the world that are stream according to math Ah, Yes, it's the Beninskin Show ninety one point one the Egle. All right, this segment right here is brought to you by our friends at the Sunset at mckinniy Amphitheater. You can own a piece of Dallas's most luxurious amphitheater coming to McKenny in twenty twenty six. Go to Sunset Texas dot com for information on how to own a fire pit suitet or join the Akman Club. Okay, lots of things to get to. Obviously, we keep hitting on this because it is a big deal. Uh luka, doncic in town. You can hear the game right here on the Eagle. Pregame starts at six tip is right around six forty three, and it's gonna it's probably the biggest story in America right now that's not related to tariffs.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's a huge story.
Speaker 4: And uh obviously there will be the game tonight and we will be all over it and talking about it with you tomorrow. So you need to be listening at old times. All right, kat you got these streaming rankings for us?
Speaker 3: What do you got?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so this come in from like a month later. So this is from the first week in March. Okay, all right, but it still tells you what everyone in the world was watching. And they've done this by you know, millions of minutes. So the overall top ten shows from a month ago, right will be number ten, the White Lotus, number nine, Grays Anatomy of course on Netflix. People just rewatched that shows that staying power. Ncis eight number seven. My daughter watched all of Gray's Anatomy all of that.
Speaker 3: That's like twenty five seasons.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't believe n CIS is still.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and these are shows that have like commercial breaks and there's no cussing or sex, right, yeah, because there were network TV shows a bunch of mark harm.
Speaker 5: It's not of bingeing. I think at to throw them on and just it stays there and runs through them.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, no, okay, no, wait, Gray's Anatomy. That wasn't the one with Patrick Dempsey, was it?
Speaker 3: Or wasn't it?
Speaker 10: It was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, yes, okay, oh my god, please pull.
Speaker 7: That thing.
Speaker 3: I thought General Hospital, but that's a soap opera.
Speaker 4: I was thinking er but that thing has been on so long. Patrick Dempsey is a race car driver.
Speaker 3: Now what, dude.
Speaker 4: I just learned this this past weekend. I was like, Yeah, he left that show a decade ago and he races cars.
Speaker 3: Now what kind of cars? Formulas or something formless?
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I just know I saw the footage of him in that fire resistant suit and he was talking about it and how.
Speaker 5: Much horsepower torte. Well, Christina's right and left brand were fighting each other.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was bad. Sorry, lot going on right now. Number seven Despicable Me for the movie.
Speaker 5: Okay, wait, how to one episode eight hundred and thirty two million minutes, so one compared to n CIS which has five hundred episodes.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: Okay, shout out. What's that guy's name? Root, what's the name of grew grew, grew grew?
Speaker 3: Okay. Number six Bluie, I thought that would be Number one.
Speaker 4: Our friend Danny Baylist, that's all he watches because he's got a four year old.
Speaker 5: Something called Beauty and Black on Netflix. Number four leve is Blind. Three Family Guy on Hulu. People just watching through it.
Speaker 4: My wife loves that Love is Blind show, didn't. Yeah, you cranked on it with vil.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's blind people, right, Yeah, yeah, it's the blind people.
Speaker 10: It is.
Speaker 9: No, here's people. You get in a room, you don't see the other person, and you talk to each person. You only see their genitalia.
Speaker 4: No, so you are It's like the whole deal where you've you've fall in love just by having a series of conversations on the opposite side of wall.
Speaker 3: You have no idea what they look like.
Speaker 4: Of course they're all smoking hot people, because that's the whole game. But your roll the dice. It's but then the one smoking hot lay is like, oh, you're a program. And then I think you get points to this, and you can drill a hole in the wall. Yes, you Canshi through. There's a glory hole, and then there's one wild card. It's like Russian Roulette or one person has herpes.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love that. Also, sometimes you don't know the sex of the person on the other side of the wall.
Speaker 5: Number two running point Kate Hudson with the gloriohole. You don't know what's the so it's good don't know and tell you ticket through there. Wait, the Kate Hudson thing is number one.
Speaker 3: Number two. Oh, I've been wanting to watch it, so I've been not wanting to watch it. I watched part of it.
Speaker 4: She's awesome, She's still got her fastball, she's still great, She's I don't know what. I just it's hard to do with it being a fake team and you know it's an NBA team, and like the main guy, the actor, I feel like he's five to seven. I don't know that he is, but maybe he's six feet tall. But you know, you're used to seeing NBA players are all over six eight.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: Number one was Reacher on Prime Video. I can't believe it.
Speaker 4: I watched this show and it's something you can watch while also scrolling the internet.
Speaker 3: Don't have to give it all your time. So it's TMZ.
Speaker 4: He's a huge guy. He plays by his own rules, he kicks everyone's ass. He's the smartest guy in the room and the biggest, most mustar guy. They're okay, so what else? That's all the show is.
Speaker 5: There's a couple more notes swing there's a time ten of original series. Severance came in at number seven. Okay, on that Rich has been an acquired series. This is the one that blew my nuts off. So series that have been acquired by a streamer from somewhere else, Family Guy, Bluie, these kind number eight. Paramount Plus and Peacock are sharing their rights to gun Smoke, a show from the sixties.
Speaker 3: Isn't it the longest running show in the history of television? I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Is that Bonanza at four hundred and four episodes? And you know I mean that for a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I might be mixing it up with gun Smoking Bonanza. One of those was the longest running TV series ever.
Speaker 5: Gun Smoke got more minutes in America than SpongeBob, SquarePants and Yellow Jackets on Showtime.
Speaker 3: Wow, I was like whine. That was like news.
Speaker 5: It was like the top of the article from nineteen sixty five. Gun Smoke makes the top ten on Nielsen for the first time.
Speaker 3: You're confusing.
Speaker 4: This is for people that are trying to create content, like do we invest in creating a show from scratch with actors and set locations and all this, or do we just go buy gun Smoke?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Show God, it's amazing man. All Right, there you have it, these streaming rankings. All right, we got lots coming Your wait is Luca Day here. We'll get back into Luca about four fifteen. You don't want to miss that, But coming up next weird things found in Ubers right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle Ah Yes, the world famous bend and skin show. On Luca Day, Luca's returned to Dallas with the Lakers. We'll get into this throughout the show, but we're really going to get into it next, so don't go anywhere. This is coming up here and just about ten minutes. You don't want to miss that conversation. But this segment right here is brought to you by Brandon Hurtado and her Totto Barbecue, some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your life. Locations in Mansfield, Fort Worth, Arlington, two locations at Globe black Field, one in Dallas at the Farmer's Market. But right now it's time for young Kevin to talk about weird things found in ubers.
Speaker 5: Yes, Uber does this report every year. You know, here are the kind of weirdest thing that we found leftover. People take Uber ride and they leave something in there, and there's always weird stuff. Phone wall at keys those are the big three sex toys, luggage four sex toys didn't quite make it, but vaping vapes you equite those things.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah sometimes.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Dallas came in as the number nine city in terms of being forgetful, So good job.
Speaker 3: That's not bad. Beat Houston. When you say beat where was Houston at they were tenth. They were actually less forgetful that we didn't beat them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I think being forgetful of a normal thing is that per capita or is that just overall gross forgetfulness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, probably probably a percentage. Okay. Uber's probably not a half assed in this.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is a big clickbait story for them every year because I could see Toledo being number one, but they just don't have that many people. But per capita, they're very forgetful. That was New York, Miami, Chicago, La, Washington. Let's get to the weird stuff though. A DJ mixing board.
Speaker 3: Why, hey, DJ's got to get a ride to his next gig. I can see, But how do you even fit that? I guess it's not that big mixtures, you know, eighteen inches by eighteen that's look the one thing you need for a gig. Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 5: Remember pour it out, poor shippy Number forty seven. A taxidermied rabbit.
Speaker 3: Okay, why do you have that?
Speaker 7: Why not?
Speaker 5: You know? Maybe you went to get it taxi dermied and uh, while you're stuffing it, I'm gonna go get a drink and.
Speaker 4: Then i'll Uber home. Are you as a hunter? Are you proud of that kill? Hey man, I shot a rabbit. It might have been a pet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay. When I first thought Thumper lives in the form of being on your desk. But if you're a hunter, I think you do honestly, way more easier to brag about a rabbit than all short of deer. Well, yeah, deers are huge.
Speaker 3: I hunt.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're saying it's a shot, but I hunt rabbits with automatic weapons. Forty six ten live lobsters? Why do you leave ten live lobsters? First of all, they're alive. There's a lot of them.
Speaker 3: They got their little pinchers taped together. They're like trying to pinch the uber driver. What we had some fake blood? Of course?
Speaker 5: Halloween? Right's that seems that's easy to put that one together. It is hard to kind of make some of these work. Some ozimpic, What what is your vile of mozipic?
Speaker 3: I guess they take that to a lab to make sure that's what it is. I like this one. Divorce papers. Okay, oh, you're cleaning out your car. I think that was on purpose, the divorce papers or still out there? A sewing machine, yeah, Harry Potter wand Christina.
Speaker 9: See it's so the smaller things I can see leaving behind, something like a sewing machine or a DJ mixboard.
Speaker 3: Here's what I think happened on the sewing machine.
Speaker 4: I think an old lady passed away and the sun went in there, and he was like, God, my mother loved this sewing machine.
Speaker 3: I just can't give it away. But what a beat down.
Speaker 4: They have to keep the sewing machine. So his plan was to get into an uber and purposely leave it there and go, oh my god, the sewing machine is gone. You can't track down an uber. I do wonder if people are purposefully leaving things, yeah, because I know that, like certain things are hard to throw away, Like it's like you can't Apparently you can't just throw away a flag. You got to take it to a police department or fire station or something like that. You can't just throw it away.
Speaker 3: I'll throw it away. No, you can't.
Speaker 4: It's a federal Marines will come and get you. Yeah, it's proud of the Marines. The trash guys. No, the only way that you can properly dispose of a flag is to actually go overseas and engage in combat and just you know, while in the middle of combat, the flag gets destroyed.
Speaker 3: That's the only acceptable way.
Speaker 5: Any of those who are triggered right now, I didn't say an American flag. I said an old cowboys flag.
Speaker 3: Respect.
Speaker 4: No, the only way you can throw away an American flag is to go deliver it to like a I think a post office or a police department or fire departner, something like that. So they're like, I don't want this, But if you've gotten an uber, though, you could actually get same goes with an American League pennant, are you lighting around here? A photograph of me and my friend at Benny Hannah. They come out with the polaroid. It's so great every birthday.
Speaker 3: A plunger.
Speaker 4: What why are you traveling with a plunder I hope it's a brand new pluger, not a youth one again.
Speaker 3: Sex toys, an aquarium, fifteen hookahs? That is not convenient. Two mattresses to be small. Wait, no, they're not going to accept a mattress.
Speaker 4: I could see where it would have happened once, but to how do you even fit a mattress in an uber?
Speaker 5: A DNA testing kit? Shrek ears a turtle live breast milk. I think a turtle is the easiest pet to travel with a chainsaw? Is that turtle breast milk? Now?
Speaker 3: Just two different things Okay, have you ever seen a turtle going right off the nipple?
Speaker 4: Hand, it's hard to get under there in a mannequin head with human hair. Yeah, pretty standards could travel with that, most of us do.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Coming up next, let's talk Luca DFW, a little Luca talk for that ass. Next just say, in less than five minutes is the Bin and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. And as you know, today is a crazy day in the Metroplex. You can feel it in the air. There's weirdness all around and you'll be able to hear it later right here on the Eagle because pregame for MAVs Lakers, or should I say Lucas starts at six o'clock tips around six forty three. Don't miss Coop and demeris on the call. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 8: Now, let's go around the sports KTD tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 3: Y Yeah, I mean, let's not mess around here.
Speaker 5: MAVs Lakers Tonight here on the Eagle, it is the return of Luca to his home base. I imagine he is feeling some pretty high emotions after getting ejected from the game last night, Loom the City.
Speaker 3: I think it.
Speaker 4: I think like that's that's probably the most intriguing thing to me about all of this, is whatever he is dealing with and whatever he's going to think about, because you know, he's not I mean, obviously he's mad at the front office and mad at Jay Kidd, but like some of those guys he was partying with like two nights ago, he's not mad at them. And every time he touches the ball, he's going to feel more love than he feels in La.
Speaker 3: Right, what a weird deb what a weird situation.
Speaker 4: I do think he must be going through a lot emotionally, because we've heard his emotional support system.
Speaker 3: Is going to be there and very visible and all around him. Not I'm not talking about mass fans.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about the people closest to him are going to be right there at key locations to where they'll be very visible for him to see. And so to me, that speaks loudly about what he's dealing with emotionally, what he's going through. And you know, it's one hundred and ten million dollar loss to be traded and not be able to get that Supermax right, one hundred ten million, somebody knows some thereabouts, you know, to be uprooted, up ended unexpectedly when you thought your future was going to be there for a long long time, and you know you're settling in with your family, your house. Probably the getting traded was probably the last thing he would ever expect, right, So he was blindsided. His world was turned upside down, and he's probably been reeling ever since, because it's not like there's been a lot of downtime, no, And I'm I'm fascinated to see how j Kid handles it because Luca, you know, when he's playing in a game, he finds someone to direct his anks towards the easiest person it's going to be for him to direct his anks towards the Jason Kidd, Right, he knows exactly where he's going to be standing, and he feels betrayed by him. And so man Jake operates in some really interesting ways. I mean I didn't know, I mean I always you know, we made not made fun of it. Talked about how he would walk up to an official as a player and he would hold his jersey over his mouth and he would very calmly as if he was just waiting for a light to change. Tell the ref what he thought of him. Like he is, He's a very intense person that is not demonstrative. And man, there was one time where I was doing the game in Oklahoma City and where they have us doing the game, Jay Kidd is like five feet from me, sometimes sitting down in front of me, and he was the coach for the Lakers. He was an assistant coach for the Lakers when they won their title in with Ad and the Bubble Year, and one of the guys on the team was Alex Caruso. And so in that game in Oklahoma City, Alex Caruso was walking off the floor and Jay Kid was in front of me and said something to Alex Caruso which I didn't hear, and Alex Caruso's response was, you can go f yourself, okay. So whatever J Kid said to him very casually upset him. And so what I'm saying is is if Luca, which I think he will, directs some of that anks that that fires him up towards JA Kid, I'm dying to know how J Kid handles it. Yeah, I am too, And dude, people still don't know how involved Ja Kid was in this. Just general public is putting one hundred percent of this on Nico. I was listening to a sports talk station yesterday and one of the hosts was talking about, do you think Jay Kidd'll want to get out of here because they traded Luca? Because he's so mad that they traded Luca? And I'm like, don't you realize he wanted this, he was a part of this, Like how are how are you know? People don't haven't fully wrapped their arms around that because Nico is wearing one hundred percent of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think you know, and I don't know. I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean, I have a feeling j Kid knew something about it, but I you know, it hadn't been publicly stated. I mean, it's pretty obvious that Luca's people feel that way. And that's that's what I should say, because if you read mark Stein, that's basically what mark Stein was laying out. Ye, Luca is going to be upset at Niko and he's going to be upset with Jay Kidd, right, so at least that's what they feel.
Speaker 3: Like, what's that? How many points you think he has to night? Is the over under on that thirty one and a half.
Speaker 5: I was wondering because I think I'm going to take the under, just because I think I think it's the under. Jason Kidd is your coach. He's going to at least have all the attention on Luca to scapp him.
Speaker 4: We were talking about that when we did that podcast yesterday, and I wonder is it does it benefit the Mavericks if Luca doesn't have a huge knight and anyone, does it benefit the owner? Do they say, hey, let anyone else beat.
Speaker 3: Us but Lucas. Let me say something about this.
Speaker 4: If Luca has a big scoring night, it's one of the most incredible performances you've ever seen. Because Luka Doncic has played three games. This will have been his third game in four nights, and he's traveled multiple nights in that stretch. So this is not just second night of a back to back. This is a road trip. This is third game in four nights and in including traveling in between. So if he goes out there and he drops the forty burger, my god, that is one of the most epic performances you've ever seen. All Right, we're gonna get back into this. We'll be talking about it throughout the rest of the show. We're gonna go big on this at five point forty, right before the pregame show starts at six. Coming up next, KT investigates the world of cockfighting and Weatherford. You don't want to miss this.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's the world famous Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle. We've got Luca returning to the Metroplex. That's coming your way right here on the Eagle tonight. The pregame starts at six. Tip off's going to be right around six forty. You don't want to miss that, boy. The entire Metroplex is ready for that. But right now KT has something to talk to you about with regard to cock fighting.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, Parker County. He has no Parker County out there, Weatherford area, sure do you. Officials arrested nine people, sees nearly one hundred live roosters after breaking up an illegal cockfighting operation. Now the Sheriff of Parker County, Sheriff russ Es.
Speaker 3: First thing for us.
Speaker 5: He says his department got a crime stoppers tip. So that's good that crime stoppers are still happening.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 5: Take a bite out of crime, please arrive. Forty people scatter into the woods, least go investigate. They go into the barn, they see the cock fighting ring, several dead and wounded roosters, and the owner of the property is a guy named Jesus. He told investigators that he owned six of the birds and he was hosting the event for work friends much like us. We're hosting a big open house up here for work friends. At iHeart today. I think there's going to be some Cockfight's a cockfight out in the hallway. Investigators believe he was charging forty dollars per person spectator feet. They ended up seizing ninety six live roosters, fifty razor sharp slashers, which they attached to the talon. Oh that's how I go kill them? Then they you know, fight to the death. They also found fifteen thousand dollars believed to be procy. It's from the gambling operation.
Speaker 3: Can I yes?
Speaker 4: Then I struggle with understanding this one. Why it's illegal and and here's why. Okay, if it's a pita thing, I'm like, okay, these animals are it's not fair to these animals. I get that, But what about when we eat chicken tenders, well, like, like, are we are we that emotional about that?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 4: Someone called crime stoppers over that too. I'm just trying to understand. No, I think it's fair. I think there's two reasons it's illegal. One is because probably three honestly, One is that it's cultural and it's not a part of mainstream culture. Number two, it generates money that is not tax just like gambling or drugs or anything like that with our bags.
Speaker 3: And then number three.
Speaker 4: Happens to gambling not being money not being taxed. What happens all the time. I'm sorry, it happens all the time. Yeah, it's illegal, Yeah, but it happens all the time. No, I, And they try to stop it because it's illegal.
Speaker 5: It's an unstoppable force. Okay, you want to go have side bets with your friends, that's untax money, agreed, But it's illegal. Yeah okay uh. And then number three, I forgot number three, animal cruelty. Oh, number three, animal animal cruelty. Yeah it is because the idea is that it again, you are going to kill them to eat them, but you don't tape razor blades to their talents and make them kill each other. Rights.
Speaker 4: But while they're standing in line waiting to go get slaughtered so you can eat them there.
Speaker 5: Still, it's not a great situation for them. I would say, Yeah, slattering cows is animal cruelty. What's that then, slaughtering cows animal cruelty? Well, it's all it's all to me, it's all. That's all animal cruel I get it. This is more cruel, But let's not act like all of it isn't cruel.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I don't disagree with that at all, But I think there is something too like, Hey, but and there's actually some people that are vegetarians that believe this is that when you are eating the meat that you eat, you're inhaling the stress of another creature, right, yeah, And so if you're the very final moments of that creature, is they have a blade tape to them and they got to fight for their life or they're in line to be slaughtered while their friends around them are all slaughtered in that line, you're next, you know, or the bull fighting you know. Yeah, So it does beg the question, how much chicken do you think you've had in your life that was a direct result of cock fighting.
Speaker 3: That's surely a small percentage. Surely, surely.
Speaker 4: But if you're at someone's house and they're like a world renowned chef and they're like, hey, look we made some chicken betas. These are actually fighting roosters, you're gonna say, oh my god.
Speaker 7: I cannot eat these. These animals died in a cruel way in battle. Oh I can't eat these. I Oh, it's gonna say that.
Speaker 3: No, I just I don't even think about that part of the meat, the rescue chicken.
Speaker 5: Do you guys want to know the names of the roosters, Yes, Poppy, Chulo, Puppa, Judeo, Hannah fer Aniston, Okay, egg, Shearon RuPaul, Stevie Chicks, Luke, Skybalker, Amelia, Eggheart, Mary Poopins, Tyrannosaurus Pex Christina.
Speaker 3: Figured you'd like that one.
Speaker 5: Huh. Cluck Griswold, Stephen Squawking, Russell Crowe, Featherlocklear, that's good. Cluck, Norris yolko Ono, Punky.
Speaker 3: Rooster, what was the rue paul one, I don't get it.
Speaker 5: Rooster, Darius Clucker, Bradley Cooper, Chick, Van Dyke, Johnny Coxville, Hendrick Lamar, Steven spielbird Waylon Hennings, WHOOPI Goldbird, Kelly Cluxon, Oprah Wingfrey, Margaret Hatcher, Courtney Cox and lastly found dead at the scene, Dwayne the Cock Johnson.
Speaker 3: That's great. Is that a list that you put together last night? Those are the names the actual roosters that are suffered.
Speaker 9: They put a lot of hens in there and like eggs, like they need to get there, you know.
Speaker 3: Then you figure out what the difference between rooster and it is. So yeah, so is there hn fighting or is it just cock fighting?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Do you see the penis? All right? There you have it.
Speaker 4: There's a segment called KT Investigates the World of Cockfighting in Weatherford.
Speaker 3: That's the name of that segment. Can we bring that back next week? Next week?
Speaker 4: Coming up next, we've got the Today Game. We'll get to that within about five minutes. That don't go anywhere. Then we got Cowboys Kerosene, some big developments with the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: That's all. Next it is the.
Speaker 4: Benen Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle and today has been a crazy day, a lot of emotions. We'll be talking about it all throughout the day, leading all the way up to pregame. Right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle. Yes, Luka, Doncic is in town. That game is tonight. It can be heard right here on the Eagle, and so you don't need to gore, just be locked in with us.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I can't believe this day has finally arrived. Crazy crazy stuff. But right now it's time for this time to play the today game.
Speaker 3: It's a game, It's tonic today. Let's go take it away, jack Wagons.
Speaker 4: It is time to play the today game for today. April ninth, twenty twenty five. And it was on this day, in the Year of Our Lord twenty nineteen, that Dirk played his final home game for the Maps.
Speaker 3: Who will be the first one to side scope to see? I'm gonna go right now? Oh yes, who are you.
Speaker 6: As?
Speaker 5: Who?
Speaker 6: Guys might expect? This was my last home game. Yeah, I'm trying my yoga breathing, but it's not really working that well.
Speaker 4: Let's stand up here. Amazing How does he do that in front of twenty thousand? Remember that time he played Madison Square Garden. Hey, you had a late show too after that that Who cried at that game?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 3: Everybody in the building. I did, you know? I almost tried listening to that too. Man, will you cry tonight? Yes? I won't.
Speaker 5: Well, you be professional in a broadcast the tribute video that's going to get some people.
Speaker 4: Everyone's going to be surprised when it is. Oh yep, oh uh. So here's my here's my favorite moment. This is so personal. Here's my favorite moment from the Dirt Game is during the retirement ceremony. We were at our broadcast position, okay, and so I'm just standing there next to Harp and they bring out you know, the legends and Stellar Strength and all these Larry Bird and when they you know, each one says something and when they introduced Larry Bird, Derek Harper goes, Larry effn Bird, except he didn't say fan like Derek Harper was in the moment and in awe of dirk retirement and Larry Birds standing there like it was just this moment of men. The reverence these guys had for one another is just so intense and incredible. My favorite moment from that game was, you know, Dirk had kept it together and then they showed a video montage of him visiting children in hospitals over the years. Yeah, and he lost it on the court. He's crying, wiping away tears. I'm like, there will never be another Dirk ever, There's nothing like him. He's a one of one.
Speaker 3: That's right, Ben, remember that. I remember that's only one. And then okay, yeah, oh, Christina just made a face.
Speaker 4: And everyone feels like the feeling we have right now about Luca coming back to town and realizing that we blew it. It's like we're all in an elevator and somebody farted. Yeah, did you have that look in your face? Like this fun Max, Christy. It's a good point. I like that he's young player twenty two. That should be your bingo card thing. If you could mention him every day. Let's get remember that.
Speaker 3: Guys. Parks and Rec debut on this day in two thousand nine.
Speaker 8: The band has had a few different names over the years. We started, we were Teddy Bear Suicide, but then we changed it to mouse Rat. Then we were God Hates Figs, Department of Homeland, Obscurity, Flames for Flames, Muscle Confusion, nothing rhymes with orange, and then everything rhymes with orange, punch Face Champions, rad Wagon, Puppy Pendulum, Awesome Pendulum Pendulum, and Real Suicide Angel Snack just the three skin Jet Black Pope, we went back to mouse Rat and now we are scared for Bote.
Speaker 9: Sorry, I almost changed it to a Ron Swansen clip. There's just so many great characters in that, but that that's just.
Speaker 3: Great Top three show for me.
Speaker 4: He's got this one bit that I always see from that show where he's talking to a doctor I guess, and he's like, he goes, I got this problem when wiping, and sometimes you wipe, you wipe, and you wipe, you wipe and it's still stuff there. He goes like, I'm wiping a marker. And he was great before he got all in shape and turned into a superhero. Ye, let's cook, you got fit. Albert Hammond, junior of the Strokes, is forty five.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: Us that's credit card and bought all the equipment for the band.
Speaker 4: So I think Albert Hammond's senior actually had some songwriting credit on Crete by Radiohead because they used one of his songs as a jump off. Legendary Guy KT's leader, Hugh Huffner, would have been ninety nine.
Speaker 11: Play Boy Mansion has been sold after months on the market. The new owner, i should say, is a ninety year old co owner of Hostess. So that's a lot of ding dongs and clanky's. I'm not I shouldn't have gone there, and I will not go to that.
Speaker 10: I didn't think.
Speaker 12: About it, and I planned to be on the cover of Playboy magazine again. See I did Playboy magazine years ago. I thought it would be such a hoo. If they'll go for I don't know if they will if I could be on the cover. You know again, when I'm seventy five, you'll have to.
Speaker 3: Rest in peace, all right? And Gerard Way of my Chemical Romance is forty eight.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 5: There you have it.
Speaker 3: There's the Today game for today. Good luck to all of our nominees.
Speaker 4: Coming up next, Let's talk Cowboys DFW. A brand new segment called Cowboys Kerosene is next.
Speaker 3: Don't miss it.
Speaker 4: This segment is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. There's only one location of Andrews and it's in Plano, Plano Parkway and Preston So Good. Readers of the Dallas Wunning News have voted it best pizzeria in all of DFW. It is truly exceptional pizza. And hey, maybe tonight you're looking for somewhere fun to watch the game. Stop by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen and plano enjoy the best pizza of your life and take pictures while you're there and post them on social media because we would love to see him.
Speaker 3: But right now it's time for this, all right.
Speaker 5: This is something we're gonna call Cowboys kerosene. The timing of that and that's the intro.
Speaker 10: Is that.
Speaker 3: So we do have a touch of the intro still going, No, it's kind of have to be yeah before yeah, little Cowboys.
Speaker 5: To Marion Overshown has been doing a little countdown on social media over the last few days and then finally had a big video yesterday where he posted his jersey getting printed and he is now changing his jersey number to the numbers zero and he will be the first Dallas Cowboys player ever to wear the number zero. Now, this is a huge story because Ben, this has been up your crawl for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is to me.
Speaker 4: This is the story that of all the stories about the ineptitude of Jerry Jones and the Cowboys and they're weird, the weird way that they do business in some ways, this one was a top candidate to be the poster child, because this one makes no sense at all. The Marvion Overshown war number zero at the University of Texas. His nickname is Agent zero. It's always been about zero. That's always been his favorite number. And you know, for athletes, a lot of times a number means a lot. You know, they might have it on a bunch of jewelry, it could be their social media handle, whatever. And for some guys the number means so much that they'll buy the rights to wear that number of another teammate on their team has that number when they arrive. And so when tomar beyond overshown God here, they're like, what number do you want? He's well, I'm number zero, and he says Jerry Jones personally told him, well, you can't wear number zero because Rowdy wears double zero.
Speaker 3: I like his football mind.
Speaker 4: Okay, so think about that, the sideline muppet that drives everyone crazy. That's arguably the worst mascot in all of sports. That mascot wears double zeros when it makes appearances at Kroger and dances around on the sideline. So we can't let this very important player in our team have the number that he wants. That means the world to him. That is his social media handle, that is his identity. He is Agent zero, and so Jerry Jones told him you can't have that because Rowdy's got DIBs on that number. To me, that's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard in sports. It is, and there's so much insanity to it. Also, the idea that Rowdy did go to a strip club. And I still want to get the answer of whether or not he went to the strip club as Rowdy what did Okay, So double zero Rowdy goes to a strip club. But here's here's the craziness of this story. Why would a player be talking to Jerry Jones about what number he can have? I mean, I believe it, I totally believe it.
Speaker 5: But think about anytime we're a guy who and when he was a rookie, it wasn't like he was the top draft pick or whatever.
Speaker 4: It's like, what number do you want? Oh, you're gonna have to go talk to Jerry Jones. Like this just seems so effing insane. I guess an alarm went off and they're like, oh my god, someone's requested Rowdy's number. We were told to contact mister Jones the minute this ever happens, right, you got to go to Jerry's office now.
Speaker 5: You don't want to well, And I also wonder if Bill Jones was in on it is Bill Jones was the interviewer. Yeah, de Marvion over shown told him the jury here, I'll getting down there and he and he doesn't lean in on this like he really should. This is from six months ago, and I think it's gonna play. Yeah, maybe leave paying out.
Speaker 13: Like that's what I thought, That's what I was looking forward to in the future. And I just thought it was going it was meant to be because at first, when I was already coming to the league, I was like, well, zero is not even available number, so I'm gonna have to find find something else. Anyways, And as soon as that they made the rule that NFL players can wear zero, like the first Dallas Cowboy to wear zero, Like it's just meant to be, coming from Texas wearing numbers zero. You know, this is just meant to be. And uh, sadly, you know it didn't happen like that. Uh you know that's rowdy number. And you know, I guess me and rowdy gonna have to duke it out. But Rowdy my guy, and I think mister Jones is gonna hold on to that, to that number for a while, hopefully.
Speaker 3: You know, thirteen looks so good on the bill. He'd be like, you know what you can has here?
Speaker 5: Okay, so that's my guy, But that's that's over shown young player in the league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fun guy doing interview.
Speaker 5: Patrick Walker from Dallascowboys dot Com has an update on this saga.
Speaker 3: Okay, he said that's not true.
Speaker 5: He said that jarn Kurse was gonna wear number zero in twenty twenty three but made a last minute decision to switch to number one.
Speaker 4: So apparently, well then why didn't Overshown switch. That's Rowdy didn't let him.
Speaker 3: That's why. I that's where the details.
Speaker 5: Get a little murky, because you're like, okay, what actual what actually happened in Jerry's office? I mean assaulting him a griddle.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take what Overshown said to see Chad over any person in the media because he was there. And I think Patrick Walker and Bill Jones are both doing Jerry's bidding. Once the story got out, Bill Jones like a right need to keep this on the down low, So mister Jones didn't kill anybody. And then and then when the when he finally got his number, Jerry went in there and said, mister.
Speaker 3: Walker, you get out there and you tell that story true.
Speaker 5: Javon Kirk, you know, it was really disappointed as a grocery store one time, and there was some bread brand and it was like Harvest Owl Bread. Yeah, you know, I'm talking about Harvestown. Yeah, Harvestown Bread whatever it was. And it's got a Cowboys player on it, and he's wearing double zero. Now it's not the zero, but he's wearing double zero, which is especially only Routy's number.
Speaker 3: But there we go, overshowing got his number. That's good.
Speaker 4: Were you saying, there's Dallas Cowboys bread? It's got to be on the Kroger shelves.
Speaker 5: Right, I might have been Albert, since I don't know. I saw a bunch of Cowboys players in full uniform shopping.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: That's really good information there from KT. Finally at the end of the road on the over shown saga. All right, coming up next in the weekday update, we got a crazy story about something happening here in Mesquite, and we'll do it right on the other side of this corn song right hereund ninety seven point one to eat. It is the Ben Skin Show, ninety seven point one the Eagle. It is Luca Day. Don't forget. We'll have the game right here on the Homa Dallas Mavericks Basketball nine one point won the Eagle. Pregame starts at six. Game starts about six forty three if you want to be super exact. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 5: And now it's time for Basis week Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt Fontweets.
Speaker 3: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 5: All right, the story involves the city of Mesquite and surrounding areas. Here in DFW, let's go to Fox four Steve Eager and Heather Hayes.
Speaker 3: My crew you a new company that will soon be able to deliver up to eight pounds of groceries is now over Mesquite. Fox for Lori Brown has.
Speaker 14: The story Autonomous drones are providing a new way to get instant deliveries and Mesquite.
Speaker 3: So there's nobody flying the aircraft. Ye, the system does itself. Instead of lowering the drone and dangling a box.
Speaker 14: Zip Line has engineered a secondary device, a high tech cooler equipped with a propeller.
Speaker 15: An air comes very gently down to your backyard and it releases the package and it's back up before you even know it.
Speaker 14: The zipline drones remain at around three hundred feet at all times during the delivery, high enough that it can barely be heard when it is above your home.
Speaker 5: Okay, I get a little more, but I want to stop it right there. So it's a drone, it's got a cooler in it. And then when it knows that it's above your house, it's three hundred feet up, so a football field, right. Then a zipline lowers the package down onto your front ord s. What is this?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: So when I think of a zipline, I think of something that's connected to two points.
Speaker 3: This is just a drop rope.
Speaker 5: It's a rope that's strong enough to hold the up to eight pound package.
Speaker 3: It's like Navy seals drop it out of a helicopter.
Speaker 5: Yeah okay, yeah, and it looks cool, but there's not a chance in hell that this is going to be flawless.
Speaker 3: Bright, no way.
Speaker 4: Just crowding the airspace alone is complicated where it lands is it easy for someone to seal it. At the end of March, I saw they were testing a drone that was delivering a car battery and they dropped it and it fell through a windshield after a lady had just put her toddler in the back seat.
Speaker 3: The crushed the windshield.
Speaker 4: Luckily everybody was okay, But I'm like, this is by no means a figured out situation. I would also say that this is not a practical situation. What is eight pounds of groceries get you? Like that is going to be someone that's just kind of ordering something daily. I'm glad you said that.
Speaker 3: This actually ends up making a little bit of sense to me.
Speaker 5: Okay, and Dougan keep in mind though, the three hundred feet thing, yeah, football, like, how high are we have now We're three floors up, so it's about ten feet of about thirty thirty feet, so yeah, and that means it doesn't make noise, so you won't even hear it. So you're gonna hear a lady in a second come in talking about how she has used this.
Speaker 15: Your app would have told you that if you're inside cooking right now, that your package is on your back door and the zippled apart before you have even realized.
Speaker 14: The deliveries for missing ingredients or last minute birthday party gifts can arrive in minutes, and the zip can still deliver during rain and certain levels of wind.
Speaker 3: I've done several orders. I was cooking breakfast the other day and I needed bacon I'd ran out, and some biscuits I can order. I can just go online and I did it within twenty minutes. I had my bacon, my biscuits and finish my breakfast.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 5: It was wonderful right now, if you live with it, Okay, Now, here's what I do when I need something.
Speaker 3: I drive my ass to the store. Yeah, I know, that's what I thought.
Speaker 9: It was, like, how long does it take for her to go to the store pick it up? But this is just like us uber eating when we could go out and get it ourselves.
Speaker 4: Well, but this is also this is a test market, like they're prepared for her to order this in the middle of her breakfast. You're mean to tell me that if every one of the Metroplex suburbskits that Walmarty, whoever's right on the case, they're gonna have to have a lot of drones. There have to have a lot of drones and a lot of people. They're loading up the drones. I understand what they're promoting.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: So here is what Walmart is doing right now. This is in Mesquite. Now, this is going to be a moving to other stores.
Speaker 3: But hear this part.
Speaker 14: Hey, Now, if you live within it two miles in the Mesquite Walmart and you order through the zipline app, the delivery service is free. And soon it's going to be expanded to within ten miles of not only the Mesquite Walmart, but several other North Texas Walmart locations, but Walmart has not yet said just how long the service will remain free. In Sunny Bill Lori Brown Foxborn News.
Speaker 5: Charge your ass, Well, there's about five dollars delivery fee on that. If you want your bacon and biscuits.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if you're already cooking and you need immediate emergency bacon and biscuits, I could do it.
Speaker 3: I could see myself doing it.
Speaker 9: It just said two miles within the Walmart. Though you live two miles from the Walmart and you can't just drive it.
Speaker 4: You've got other things cooking, or you can't leave. What if you've got like a toddler or something that's just taking a nap. Yeah, I want to know more about an emergency biscuit situation.
Speaker 11: Dude.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you've got to get him. You got to get them immediately. Yeah, you guys, Oh my god, best guts. Hurry, where's the best cats He's ever planned?
Speaker 10: Damn it.
Speaker 5: I'll say this happens every once in a while when there's some homemade guacama we made or something, Oh, we don't need chips, and then I get in the car and I go to the store and I'm back in five minutes with the chips.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I kind of like I like the idea of KT racing the drones, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, we can really check for efficiency that way. All right, Uh, good stuff there, Yes.
Speaker 3: Thanks everyone, All right now you're doing a wonderful job. Kt ah. Yes, the night is here.
Speaker 4: Luca returns to play the Mavericks as a Laker. That pregame show gonna get underway at about six o'clock here on the Eagle, and man, I don't know about you, guys, but I'm nervous. I'm stressed. Out, can't stop thinking about it. We'll talk about it a little more coming up next, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 10: Sticky covered that you need to soap in an audio bubble bathing.
Speaker 5: It's a strange intro, I'll admit, guys. The month of March had tons of television news bloopers, and I've been combing, combing over all of that.
Speaker 3: What were they? Well, I'm about to play for Okay, why did you pronounce the b comb.
Speaker 6: You guys?
Speaker 4: Ever seen that whole bit with that British comedian on saying the words with all the letters we don't pronounce.
Speaker 3: No, it's badass. This kind of yeah, I like stuff like that.
Speaker 5: It's kind of the Nate Bargatzi, you know, George Washington thing, some words have donut?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, man, that is so dumb.
Speaker 4: Sorry, somebody doing the Nate Bargatzi thing talking about the number eleven?
Speaker 3: Why is that in its own number?
Speaker 4: There's twenty two, thirty three, forty four, like all the numbers, So why isn't it instead of eleven?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 5: Now George Washington decided, I guess yeah, uh, we will get to a female news anchor farting.
Speaker 3: What Christina. I didn't know Wendy Williams was a news anger. Okay, hey, let's go easy on her. Okay, sorry, you're right, Actually not, She's fine.
Speaker 5: She's doing interviews at the Breakfast club and probably was on with Bobby Bones earlier. Who knows there's a town in Wyoming called McNichols, Wyoming. McNichols, Wyoming, coming at you fast here, Oh my volume's not up here.
Speaker 6: We go.
Speaker 16: That includes areas around West seven mile mcnipples, Wyoming.
Speaker 3: I would totally move to mcnipples, Wyoming.
Speaker 16: That includes areas around west seven mile mcnipples, Wyoming.
Speaker 3: West seven Nipples, Wyoming.
Speaker 4: When that happens, like was he staring at a coworker and a cold studio set, Like what what causes that? Like Chevy Chase and vacation. It's Nippley in here, Nippley in here, Nippley they looked up at the traffic girl.
Speaker 16: That includes areas around west seven mile mcnipples, Wyoming.
Speaker 3: I also think that's now a funny name.
Speaker 5: And I am against all forms of bullying, but it's calling someone mcnipples is kind of funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like McLevin.
Speaker 4: I like the idea of a drive through menu, and McDonald's it offers up nipples as well.
Speaker 16: That includes areas around West seven mile Mcnipples, Wyoming.
Speaker 5: Okay, you drive through, you get your breakfast or your lunch or your dinner, and it is just a naked chick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you have giving you your food. Well, if you have a baby, just let her take a drag and while you're making your order. Wait, so you hold your baby out the power window and attach it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, you hold the baby out and let it suckle and get its fill while you're placing your order, and then pull the baby back in and continue through the draft.
Speaker 5: Just throw it in the back and that little baby seat and keep driving. So now we move on to a weather man who is trying to a golf coast. Now I want to ask you, guys, is it Golf of America or Golf of Mexico to you? I'm not doing I call it the Gulf of Texas.
Speaker 4: I on every map in the world it says Gulf of Mexico, and okay, changed it.
Speaker 5: Ye, I think Gulf of Mexico just sounds. I think it flows better, just what we grew up with. Yeah, I was like Golf of America. I don't know, it's so unnecessary. I have a different golf not the point. The point is this guy, I think, was thinking about that change that's happened or is trying to happen, or might not, I don't know. When he's just just just said Gulf Coast for our neighbors there over the Gulf of Golf Coast. So he was going to say the Gulf coast of America.
Speaker 4: Dude, KT, that sounded like where you wanted to go, the Golf Coast, Golf Coast, our neighbors there.
Speaker 3: Over the Gulf of.
Speaker 5: Golf Coast, So yeah, guy confusing, is it three or four for our neighbors there over the Gulf of Golf Coast? So wow, wait, so he went three obs and uh and then back to the other Yeah, for our neighbors there over the Gulf of Golf Coast.
Speaker 4: So it was like skipping a rock on the body of water across the Gulf again.
Speaker 5: March news bloopers. This is a guy who's ruining a murder story. You know it's a story, but murder, we need to take it seriously. And this guy comes in and just.
Speaker 3: Now it's six thirty oo. Young woman is shot and seriously hurt in Chicago's Lawndale neighborhood. What police they led to that gunfire?
Speaker 17: She spoke with New Special Share of Park about the far, the frightening moments, and the ultimate relief when the victim was safe.
Speaker 5: Okay, he must have just farted, and he said no, I think he knew that the word relief was coming up, okay, and he was thinking about what a great feeling it is after you fart and you just feel the relief.
Speaker 3: We gotta thro into an amateur though. Now it's six thirty oo.
Speaker 9: Young woman is shot and seriously hurt in Chicago's Lawndale neighborhood.
Speaker 3: What police they led to that gunfire?
Speaker 17: She spoke with New Special Share of Park about the far, the frightening moments, and the ultimate relief when the victim was safe.
Speaker 4: Man, God, they have a live brass section in the studio at the very beginning.
Speaker 3: I forget.
Speaker 5: Ye six a crappy synth. Let's go to Australia, mate, and you've got a guy. They're gonna actually check the tape too. So you got a guy, and I'll tell you I saw the video. It's three hots and it's one kind of forty year old guy and uh, here we go.
Speaker 18: Quaynsland are still without power this morning, making storm well even more difficult.
Speaker 8: Just once more.
Speaker 18: Once more, are still without power this morning, banking storm recovery of.
Speaker 3: Real Tuesday. It's disgusting.
Speaker 18: I just want to apologize to all the people in Southeast Queen's work without power because I wasn't laughing at you.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I say. You don't have pow, but she's got plenty. I start watching that newscast. They're fun. He made that declaration. I've never farted on it.
Speaker 4: So that was a four person newscast with three hot chicks and a guy who's saying I'm not the one that farts. Oh man, great work, Kevin. It's love to hear, the love to hear the Aussies make fun of each other farting. All right, we're talking about Luca. We're doing it all day.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do it next right after this Lenny Kravin song right here on ninety seven point one.
Speaker 4: It is the Bin and Skin Show, ninety seven point one the Eagle, and it is a crazy day. A lot of emotions for the people of the d F dub But we got something for you, and that's Rollertown Beer Works, the brewery that Ben and I are partners in up there in Salina, Texas tonight. That's a great place to go watch the game because not only is it the home of Recovery Beer in honor of Luke, you can recover with twenty percent off all of our canned beers. Ben, this is our five year anniversary. We called our Canniversary when we had to open during the pandemic only selling canned beers, and so we have twenty percent off all of our can beers while supplies last, and some of them are going to go pretty quick. This is the first day of this, so get up there if you're in the Northern Burbs, watch the game up there, have a Recovery beer, and celebrate Canniversary. It's a great place to feel close to your favorite local basketball team at a time like this. That's therapeutic and let's all get together for some group therapy. And there's a whole wall in there dedicated to Dirk. It's Dirk Wall. There's a beer dedicated to Dirk the big German. So it's a good place to be to watch a game like this. Absolutely, it is right now, it's.
Speaker 3: Time for this ack. This thing's big. It's big. You guys gonna go the game tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm actually about to kick down the door and sprint there. So I'm I'm really on the fence. I'm on the fence about this emotionally, I'm on the fence about this. Financially, I you know, for me to go to this game, I can't sit in the upper bowl. I'm too bougie. So for me, the cheapest seat in the lower bowl is about six hundred and fifty bucks. Now I have a media credential to get into the game, so I could get into the game for free, I would just roam about, which I don't love, and I'm not sure if I can find my media credential. Dude, how come no one ever says I'm on the gate about this. It's always on the fence. Well, the gate is the part that swings open and then you'd fall off if somebody opened it. Oh interesting, I thought the gate was like a different style of fence, like a chain leak gate. It's also the gate is the part that swings open and closed, and a gate is also the way that people like you remember when you commented on how much Katie's gate was sexy. Yeah, the gallop, the way they walter. Yes, that's spelled g A I T.
Speaker 3: What about you?
Speaker 10: Guys?
Speaker 3: Are Katie and Christina going? I'm going? Oh, I'm going away. She's the dressed game and good seats, aren't you?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 9: Yeah, and like skin, I'm gonna like bolt there and get there as fast as I can because I'm sure people are already. You know, pack in the I almost said stadium, pack in the arena.
Speaker 3: It's the stadium.
Speaker 4: The second the second that I got out of my car way far away from you because someone took my parking space. I could tell Christina was going to the game because of how she's dressed. You're saying she got all dolled up for work today. She got she got Luca dolled up. There's a specific kind of dolled up. There's dolled up for concerts, there's dolled up for mav game. She got Luca dolld up.
Speaker 3: Up for Lucas go. We'll see if Luca plays. How come you won't answer that question, Kevin, I'll be there. Oh, let's go.
Speaker 5: Media credential man I like to go up into the press box and get some of the corn, and I sit next to Peasley, Corella and Tim Cato.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're asked, do.
Speaker 4: You mind if I go and shadow you and critique everything you do over the course of the night.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm glad you. Honestly, you should do that. You should find your press pass and go to the press box with me. Yeah, because me and our buddy Matt from from MAVs Studio forty one, we all do TV shows for the MAVs and you know, uh, you can watch them all this week. Great crossover episode that porch spacing did. How do you say his last name Physick? Because I've heard Chiswick a couple of times. I say Chiswick even if he says it the other way. I think that makes more sense. I'm gonna start going to Chisick. Yeah, I think a physic.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not gonna think.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're mapping out a bit because guess who's got to be back at the arena on Friday night for iHeart karaoke cam duties. That's right, why it's on me, Cavio Cavill. So me and Matt are gonna map out a bit, you know, maybe a karaoke camp, because you know, most fans don't have the pleasure to understand what it's like to see to be the featured guest on karaoke cam.
Speaker 4: Right, I would say more than most fans, I'd say every fan does not know what it's like, since it's usually just an iHeart employee art.
Speaker 5: That's true, it's not always that though. When it's not that, it's very shippy. They still they turned the camera away after three seconds. I even asked last time, is like, do I even really need to do it because the camera guy just goes to the crowd.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 5: But so the reason I'm doing it tonight is because last time they canceled it because it was in the aftermath of the trade.
Speaker 4: iHeart, You're not doing it tonight, You're doing it Friday, doing it Friday night, Okay.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: With regard to tonight, emotions are high. Emotions have been high since the moment this trade happened, to where everybody in the world thought this is fake, This is a fake Shalm's account. No one has been able to make sense of this. I've never seen one person, no one person anywhere say yep, this trade makes sense. It's a great trade unless it's in the Lakers favor. And so the fact that this city, this town, this fan base was so in Lowe with this guy that Devin Booker says, when you land, you can feel it.
Speaker 3: It's all different. I mean, he can Dirk. Dirk goes to uh Dirk.
Speaker 4: You know, you don't see Dirk at MAVs games, but you see Dirk at a Laker game, at Luca's first Laker game.
Speaker 3: So will Dirk return to the arena tonight?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 7: It's like the emotions could not be higher. And I don't even know if we all know what to root for, Like we're all rooting for Luca, I'd be I'm not I'm rooting for the Mavericks. I'd be real surprised if Dirk wasn't here tonight, because I don't know, man, I think he would send such a weird message to be there in La and not be there in Dallas, you know.
Speaker 4: But it also will send a message if Dirk is there tonight. Okay, he's been been there in a long time, but he's there for Luca. That's powerful too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point. Whoo.
Speaker 4: But no, I will definitely be rooting for the Mavericks. They have an outside, it's very outside chance of securing the number nine seed in the play in, which would be good. It'd be good to not have to fly to Sacramento. But man, that's a very outside chance. Right, They got to win tonight. But like, I'm rooting for the Mavericks too, But I'm also rooting for Luca. Like, I don't know that I'm rooting for the Lakers. I don't want them to win. I just I'm rooting for Luca. Man, that's our guy. You can't ask us to fall in love with this guy and rip our hearts out and trade him and then expect us to immediately not still be in love with the guy.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what the metroplex is feeling. I think that's why this is so huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I also think there's one nice little side effect of all of this for you know, mav fans, because they are paying attention to the Lakers now, it's a unique opportunity for them to fall in love with Austin Reeves.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like he has flown under Maverick fans radars in a way, and he shouldn't have he should have been in the trade, Like, didn't Windhorse say it was malpractice not to have him in the deal?
Speaker 3: Obviously that changes the deal, but it's like, how's he not in this deal?
Speaker 4: You know, would have been cooler if Windhorse said that when the trade happened, as opposed.
Speaker 3: To I told you guys he was out of shape.
Speaker 4: Winhurst did that for a week, and now that he's realized everyone's on the other side of this, it is malpractice that they didn't get that little white guy in return. He's such a grand standard. You're minimizing him as you also hype him up. Winhurst. No, no, no, I've been on team Austin Reeves forever. He's one of the best stories. He's also a scratch golfer undrafted. Uh, incredible value.
Speaker 3: Did you watch an Austin Reeves documentary or no, He's been one of the best stories in the NBA like the last two or three years.
Speaker 4: Like, but it's it's with Elon on your Bingo card every day, So we're just wonderings. Did you ever like, uh, cause you get the Bingos square for free, and so if I knock out Elon Austin Reeves and Porky's and.
Speaker 3: There's really only brain candy in there. Oh yeah, do you guys see brain candy? I think the the that's true. That's also on Bingo card.
Speaker 4: I think about the last night I felt this way, And we mentioned this earlier in the show is six years ago on this day, Dirk's final home game. Right, So that was a night where you just felt like you had to be there. You need to be in the stadium. Sure, you could watch it on TV, you can listen to it on the radio, all those things. But there's some magic and being at events like this, you know, whether it's some Nolan Ryan milestone or I don't know, some huge playoff games, something significant going on locally, some massive thing. Feel compelled to be there. It pulls you like a magnetic force. And when the A's are in town, I say, that's not it. That's not the same thing. It depends on what time of year it is. If it's closer to the trade deadline, it's intents for KT. For you, it's like Morgan Wallen or Jelly Roll being in town. You have to be at that concert. Gotta be there, man. Those are the guys who played the most Three basic three chords.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was not well executed. There was almost over.
Speaker 4: There's never been a game like this in the history of Dallas Fort Worth. There's nothing maybe sports, maybe sports. There's really nothing to compare it to because even like when you know, Babe Ruth got traded, nobody went to baseball games back then.
Speaker 3: They had to work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, they were just waiting for the economy to recover. It's a lot like now. But but there's never been anything like this, and the players are behind the scenes acknowledging there's never been anything like this.
Speaker 3: They expect to not be the home team. Usually a return of a player that's been traded, yeah, or something like that.
Speaker 5: It is a nasty thing. Yeah, it's never this like open arms, welcome back. It's usually bigger than our team thing.
Speaker 4: It's usually the player that requests the trade of a superstar leaves like that and you don't ever trade him if they are not requesting a trade on they're twenty five. Yeah, I think like even like the Lebron comparisons are so way off. You know, when Lebron left for Miami, people burned his jersey from Clee when nobody was outside burning a Luca Jersey. They were like they were doing nasty things to the home of the GM, Like there's never been a game like this in which a home team is playing in its building and it's almost going to feel like a neutral site at best. Yeah, and it's getting ready to come up right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle. I'm sure we will be talking about this tomorrow. Thank you for hanging out with us today. I'll never forget the time KT had the chance to look Luca dead in the eye and he said.
Speaker 5: Maybe you've lost a step. You need a little more energy the low T center. There's something you should maybe try out. If only you had done that, we would have been able to keep him all right. Maverick's postgame mavericks pregame. Rather is up next right here on nine some point won the Eagle.
Speaker 3: There you going, I'm in recovered, heer a art