Speaker 1: Casey Talk Talk Testing one, two three.
Speaker 2: Casey's Microphones on, Casey's Microphones on. All right, all right, now we can do the intro. Okay, Hi everyone, Tony from Hack the Movies here and today we're talking about Final Destination three, the most interactive of the Final Destination movies. Today on Hack the Movies. Hello Casey, Hello Tony, Happy New Year. Happy. I mean this is coming out like the end of January. It's a little too late for me. Here year, Happy New Year. And I'm glad your mic is on and we could all hear you clearly.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was just going to ask you if you could check that because the last two episodes my voice has been weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your voice went from being really rough because you were sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I screwed up and plugged the microphone in wrong two.
Speaker 3: Of my favorite movies. But now we're starting off the new year with another one of my favorite movies for my favorite horror movie for franchise.
Speaker 2: And now I'm panicked. I have to make sure every cave because I feel I filmed the Bonus thing with Manny and I forgot to put his camera on. But no, Red, Red, Red, We're good we're.
Speaker 3: All paranoid like the Characters movie.
Speaker 2: I need to have control, like the girl in the.
Speaker 1: Full Control.
Speaker 2: Yes, Final Destination three, I like you, I really love this franchise, mostly the first two. I realize I don't really rewatch the sequels too much. Other than the first two. We have the trilogy with which we're going to talk throughout the field, like the super interactive Oh my god, an original animated. Sure.
Speaker 3: Oh, you have no idea how much fun I had with this, because I knew when you asked me to do this episode it's my favorite Final Destination one a movie. And so I was like, I have to go home and find my thrillogy. And so I went where I knew it would be, and the only Final Destination was there. I'm like, you gotta be kidding, open up, not even in there, and I'm like, okay, it's in this other place. So I go down and I find the box and it's only one and two and I'm like, oh, it's only one and two because my favorite one is a third one. Go up to my room and I'm like, okay, there's the third and now I have them all because I love that one so much.
Speaker 2: I'm currently ripping the DVD, so I have a list. I looked up everything I could on YouTube, but if I missed anything it's currently ripping, I will insert it into the episode.
Speaker 1: Exciting.
Speaker 2: Oh but yes, finally the Station three, so final the Station one bake it. I was surprised to find this out in the Final Destination two episode. But Final Destination two in the theater didn't do as well as Part one, right, But me and Crystal theorize and I think we're right. It must have killed on home video because it was like everyone knew that movie, So I'm guessing. I'm guessing on home video it did really well. So they're like, we gotta do a third one.
Speaker 3: And when I was going through like all of the money that it's made, like the franchise, the fourth one made the most.
Speaker 2: Out of all of them because well yeah, because the second one became like a cult him not really could hits. Just that was back still in the early two thousands where home video could save your movie, because what was the big one? The Bourne Identity not a big hit in the theater, obviously they made a shit on because it like it. I think it was the most rented movie of that year. So I think Found of This Nation to really launched that movie. So of course everyone came out for three. They liked it, and then they were like, well, we gotta go see the fourth one. And then the fourth one was like what's right? Which is a shame because the fifth one's really good.
Speaker 1: They're all so good.
Speaker 2: It worked because this ended up being before the fourth one. This was the most financially successful one.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so Jeffrey Reddick leaves, the writer of the first Zoom he leaves, but James Wang and Glenn uh No, yeah, Glenn Morgan come back. I forget because Glenn has a brother called Darren Morgan who also wrote for the X Files. And I think I screwed up in previous episodes and I was like, Glenn Morgan is my favorite X Files writer? Is he?
Speaker 3: So he wrote this one?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, he wrote this one. And Glenn Morgan is a X Files writer. I love his writing. But his brother Darren wrote some of my top favorite X Files So I always screw those two up. But yeah, Glen Morgan, who I talked out in the Black Christmas episode. I really wish Black Christmas two thousand and six didn't flop because he was on a roll for a baby. Did Willard this movie? Yeah? He directed it. He directed that.
Speaker 3: I liked that one. And one of the girls from that is in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well my girl is in the YEA.
Speaker 1: Two of the girls, Oh, there's two.
Speaker 3: Two of the girls are from it. I forget who the other one, Yes, the Tanning Salon.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't. I don't know. But yeah. So James Wong Glen Morgan returned because originally I mentioned in the first episode, this whole series started as an unused X Files episode. Uh so they're back, baby, They're bringing it back. They wanted to bring in the theme of control and taking control and trying to control and teens, yes, their teens again because the last one they were like college.
Speaker 3: Ages and what stop it as a death coming?
Speaker 2: I thought, I thought the Alexa made a sound.
Speaker 3: But I think your things done.
Speaker 2: That's what it was. Okay, Actually, real quick, I'm gonna mute the speakers so I don't get any other messages. Sorry, okay, said we're back, all right? Yes? Uh so I didn't see this in theaters. I actually have only seen one Final Destination in theaters, and that was the fourth one. Uh but I caught it on video and at the time I was let down. I was let down by it. But do I still feel that way. Maybe it's because I was watching the regular cut and I wasn't making decisions about the character's fades, which I have notes here when you can change the character's fades. And I was real happy to find about what you could do for one character and save him, and like, well, he needed to be saved above all the rest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this DVD is one of the best ever. It has great bonus features. There's literally a documentary on the making of Final Destination three that is just as long as the movie, and they just dive even into the writer and direct relationship.
Speaker 1: It's so good, all right.
Speaker 2: People were telling me the Final The Station two Infinite Disc DVD was really cool too, which you have.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I lent it to my cousin because she was showing her daughters the movies, and I guess they really like Fun of This Station too, because I never got it back.
Speaker 3: But yeah, the sorry the special features on there are like every filmmaker's dream.
Speaker 1: They're so good.
Speaker 2: I was bummed. A few years ago, I got the the Walmart five DVD pack because it had a glow in the dark cover of course, but I was like, it didn't come with any features.
Speaker 3: Oh damn, that's like the Monster Squad Blue Ray. It has no special features on it.
Speaker 1: So dumb.
Speaker 2: That was like the original John Carpenter's the thing. Blu Ray had nothing. It was just the movie looked great, but I had to keep my DVD because it had all the features. Anyway. Yeah, so it was let down. But yeah, let's go through this film.
Speaker 3: It was let down this time. You weren't.
Speaker 2: We'll see, we'll see, we'll see. So it opens up. It opens up on a carnival. It does full of rides and also a really cgi pinball machine.
Speaker 3: Which I never noticed. I never noticed it going into the fate or what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I never noticed the title screen is like Tarot car fun. I like, and because it's been a while since I watched this one, and I remember being like, do Tarot cards play into this? I'm like, I don't think they do.
Speaker 3: They do not, but I guess the whole carnival theme. Yeah, and that's just like, what, what's that movie drag Me to Hell?
Speaker 2: It has like, yes, which I actually really want to do. Drag Me to Hill?
Speaker 3: I have a shirt so I can wear it. And also the opening titles reminded me of the remake of When a Stranger Calls Too, because that takes place.
Speaker 2: You know, I need to watch that whole series.
Speaker 3: Yep, and we're gonna cover it. I volunteer as tribute.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're covering it. I was like, yeah, I should probably watch. Her was like, yeah, we're reviewing it. We're gonna review Okay, I guess we're I'm.
Speaker 3: Already every episode I should be in this year.
Speaker 2: It's probably gonna happen to be what is the best When a Stranger Calls? I think there's like a hand Yeah. Speaking of Taro, did she end up watching that? No, it's bad. Don't watch. Watch, don't watch. Because I was thinking about it, I'm like, oh, that hit Netflix. I'm like, I can feel like she would be interested in that film, but you're gonna be left down. Don't watch it. Yeah. So we get introduced to Mary Elizabeth Winstead or Winstead, I say, Winstead, who I am obsessed with, who I've been crushing. Actually, at this point I wasn't crushing on her yet. It wasn't until she was in the cheerleading suit and death Proof, and then I'm like, hold on, I got to pay attention to this girl that she was a diehard for. And then I was like all on board.
Speaker 3: When I was watching this, like, oh, Tony loves this woman, don't.
Speaker 2: Get me wrong, not enough to watch all her movies. I see, like previous horror movies. I'm like, oh, that's really bad. She looks great though, well.
Speaker 3: And I us as much of a crush on Ryan Merrimam.
Speaker 1: Which one was Merriman?
Speaker 2: Which one was he Kevin? Okay, yes it was that one. I thought he looked familiar. That's the number one.
Speaker 3: I know him from Disney Channel original movies.
Speaker 2: No, but as the number one res Tard, I saw him, and I'm like, I'm feeling a special connection to this guy. And I think it's because he's in the best Halloween, the best Halloween, the best Fourth Halloween movie, go back and watch, or what is the best fourth Halloween movie. I'm so glad. I'm so glad. Next year it's just what is the best version of Halloween six? We don't have to do the timeline shit anymore? Oh god. And then after that we got to do the first Robs hombie movie.
Speaker 3: I love that movie.
Speaker 2: Forward to that anyway, Yes, sore. At the they're at the carnival. She's taking pictures because she works for the school paper, the yearbook, the yearbook, the yearbook, by the way, my yearbook. I got most likely to become a celebrity.
Speaker 3: Get out of here and it came true.
Speaker 2: Wow, I mean he didn't do that. I didn't have a clown on the internet. At the time. That wasn't considered celebrity, but it is now.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. No, we did do that, but I didn't get anything.
Speaker 2: Yea. So she's taking pictures and she's starting to get hints that something's gonna happen. She takes a picture of the high dive ride, but then the v goes out in her camera on her nice little pantason. I wonder if I had back. I think I had either something almost exactly purple.
Speaker 3: But they're coming back. They are digital cameras.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love those batter Eastress always were crap out on them.
Speaker 3: But she's already so scared of everything anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she needs to be in control. That's like her thing. Uh, I forgot if they explain why. No, she's she's just a control freak. I guess sure. So, yeah, she's taking pictures her friend care reveals that she's gonna break up with her boyfriend Kevin. Yeah, which is horrible after graduating. Oh hey, it's it's bad to plan a breakup after a graduation.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, just what's coming up?
Speaker 2: Oh I was gonna say, because I was totally doing that in Ice. I think I did it early.
Speaker 3: I mean it makes sense.
Speaker 2: I think they caught on, so I had to pull the plug a little earlier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before that, he grabs the camera from her and takes a picture up a girl skirt.
Speaker 2: It was two thousand and six, Casey, we were all doing it.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's really a lot going on in this first scene now that I think there's a lot to cover this one.
Speaker 2: I think so they're all just a little bit comedic all the movies, but this one got a little goofy off the gir like they are cartoon characters, these characters, and.
Speaker 3: They're just really on the nose, Like what is it called, Like we have our jock we have oh.
Speaker 2: Like I'm gonna say, like stereotypes or there's a different word on it, tropes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, for yeah, type And I don't know.
Speaker 2: We got it. We got it. Someone in the comment right now is like, you idiots, it's this work. Yes, I feel bad that she's gonna break up with Kevin because I think throughout the rest of the movie he doesn't know that she doesn't. Thank god she doesn't tell him. I would have been bad. Yeah, but yeah. Then we meet uh Ashley and Ashley and they have the whale tails sticking out. Yes, are whale tails coming back anytime soon.
Speaker 3: They're coming back, but I remember they were in Casey.
Speaker 2: We're bringing whale tails back. I'm gonna be whale tailing all summer long, and I expect everyone else on the show to be whale.
Speaker 3: But I don't like high waisted pants, I mean low waisted pants.
Speaker 2: So okay, well you'll be the one loser, not me, Me, Joey c Manny Musk kids, We're all gonna be whale tailing.
Speaker 3: Kevin's like, if you want to sell some eearbooks, you should get a picture of.
Speaker 2: That, And then She's just like you, you got a good point.
Speaker 3: She totally goes over there and takes a picture.
Speaker 2: Ashlyn and Ashley are the hot ones, so which wait she was?
Speaker 1: Which one was?
Speaker 3: In Black Christmas. I don't remember which character, but she didn't have banks, but she's in Black Christmas. And the other girl was the younger girl in the original series it she was the one that was she's first killed. That sets off the story, I know. And also she's from a movie that I don't think anyone else but me has heard of. It's called the It's called Rats, and it's about these two girls who find this ring and they like make wishes and stuff. They wish that these two boys were their boyfriends, and they wish on Rats, and then they become the boyfriends. And I have it on VHS and I can't find it anywhere else. I only have it on VHS.
Speaker 2: So the Rats turn into boys boys.
Speaker 3: And that's their boyfriend. She's in it. She's like the popular girl.
Speaker 2: Do they still think like Rats? Yes, well that's a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Who else is in that? Someone really famous?
Speaker 4: A woman.
Speaker 2: I'm to watch Rats now.
Speaker 3: And the girl that's going to break up with Kevin. She's from one of those Predator movies.
Speaker 2: We watched right. Oh god, MEP, I'm looking it up, right, AVP, I'm looking it up. I'm looking it up. Yes, Casey, she was the pregnant waitress in Aliens Versus Predator Requiem, which we talked about in our What is the Worst Predator Movie episode, which was then clipped for the second channel. If you just want to watch that segment, and I believe we have a commentary track on it.
Speaker 1: Yes, we did it all good.
Speaker 2: We're plugging early. Thank you, thank you for that. Okay, So this carnival. I saw a lot of familiar things at this carnival, although I don't remember. I don't remember carnivals having roller coasters. That feels like a theme park thing.
Speaker 3: And no, no, I think that's why I like this one best, because it's like a theme park.
Speaker 2: I guess so. But I saw like the Zipper and all the other But my carnivals never had a cool black guy with shiny glasses, glasses dancing. Where's that shit?
Speaker 1: That was the best part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got on the roller coaster like you get on your death track. I'm dancing with this guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kevin was, and he did the little clicking of the feet which he does in Luck of the Iron.
Speaker 1: It was a call back, Yes, it was.
Speaker 3: It was great that they casted him. Yeah, two thousand and six. I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and six we were all at carnivals. Black guys were dancing.
Speaker 1: With shiny twenty years.
Speaker 2: So it's not making me feel a little all right, Let's just keep going. Let's just keep going. You know how hard it was to say Pagemaster was thirty. Let's just keep going. So Wendy's sister Julie is there, and that actress was in the comedy sex Drive. Do you ever see Sex Drive? Comedy is awesome. She's in a bunch of stuff. I was looking her up to see like what she's been in, because I only really know her from this and Sex Drive, and I think maybe one other movie. But she's in like a romantic comedy where like a guy wants to get back together with his ex girlfriend. She's the ex girlfriend, but she's a wrestler. It's called choke Slam, and like, I gotta watch that. That looks awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds different. She's also in She's the Man Okay, Comanda Mines, And she's also from a workout DVD I used to do all the time in high school.
Speaker 1: What's it called polloxing?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: Pilates in boxing also certified.
Speaker 2: In both of those.
Speaker 3: Plates in boxing, you're certified in boxing. I'm ploxing, which is Ploate's in boxing. And she's in the video.
Speaker 2: I think we figured out our next Rocky reboot. Yes, Rocky's granddaughter is gonna.
Speaker 1: Be pilloxing, let's write it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, she's Wendy up. Mary Elizabith Winsid is Wendy. She's Wendy's sister. She's not supposed to be there. She's like, I'm trying to control me. It's like, we got it, control, we get it. We get it. And then we meet football guy. Lewis, total jock, total meat head. He loves it. He's he's doing the what the hammer strength. He's so strong he knocks the gimmicky thing's head off, goes flying. He's just a total badass. And then he's not physically in the movie. But Tony Todd has two voice cameos, and the first one is the is the voice of the Big Devil outside the roller coaster. I don't know who designed this, but I don't really want to design a roller coaster where it's just going you're gonna die before you get on. Apparently it does, and they're trying to cut them, which reminds me. They shot a log and I put it on the Patreon a few years back. But Johanna and Ian went to animal Cam. Do you know what they did with the animal kingdom sign. No, it's apparently a very popular thing. But you take a picture and you frame it up right where your head blocks some of the letters, and it says anal kingdom. So you were what were you expecting something like that is like a hidden thing. Well apparently this, Yeah, there's a picture. It was like a picture of like this just anal kingdom. Vie.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's Tony Todd's cameo. I wonder why they didn't just put him in this like physically. Although this one they decided at this point to be like standalonees, whereas the first one was a little bit connected to the first one. I think this was smart, just being like we know the formula now, so I'm like, it's a premonition they try to figure out a way how smart and.
Speaker 3: I do think they continue to connect them to They.
Speaker 2: Referenced the other ones, but like the second one, like specifically, Death was targeting them because they were left over from the first film when they had to read, and Ali Larder comes back in that one, But this one is just kind of like the same things happened to me and just a new people, which is usually what a sequel does, which maybe is why I like Final Destination too a little bit more. I'm like, oh, I did a clever way to do that. But yeah, Wendy does not want to go on the ride, and her boyfriend Jason is like, it'll be fine, and you.
Speaker 3: Only don't like it because you don't have control.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, he's like, that's the only reason you don't like it. It's gonna be fine. I'm not going to be impaled on a spike. No one's gonna get shredded or anything. You're overreacting.
Speaker 3: You think that way, but it never actually happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, then we have the guy who wanted to frame the balls. He's my favorite character. Was it Frankie Cheese? Was Frankie Cheese? Was that Frankie Cheeks the worst? What are you talking about? You're telling me the annoying guy with the camera in high school in two thousand and six is annoy is bad? Is the worst person?
Speaker 3: I was the one, the girl with the video camera, But I wasn't videoing boo TNA.
Speaker 2: I wasn't either, but I was annoying with my video camera.
Speaker 3: But his story on getting this part is very inspirational if you watch the documentary on DVD. He said he was like homeless and he called his mom, and his mom like, don't worry, the sun will come out tomorrow. It did, and then he got a call or no. He went and auditioned for this movie and they really liked him, but New Line didn't like him because he had a receding hairline and he didn't look like a yes, and they also fill it in a little. But then he I don't know. His agent was in a meeting with the New Line people who were watching his stand up act and they're like, I don't know, guys, you think that he looks like a high schooler. And the agent's like, yes, yes, he does. Put him in this movie and that's how he got the part.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, New Line, do you forget like wigs exist? Like what's going on?
Speaker 3: They filed in for sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I'm glad he got it. And I love this character, like Franky Cheeks, you deserve to live a long, happy life. And I love that he calls himself franky cheeks. I'm like, everything about this character is just winning for so gross Olso. I don't know about you, Casey, but if I saw the tracks of a roller coaster kind of coming apart and wiggling not getting on that roller coaster, I'm gonna avoid that one.
Speaker 3: Roller Coasters aren't my favorite in general.
Speaker 2: Okay, depends on them roller coaster time. I might have talked about this another episode, but we'll repeated here. Uh did you go on the Velociraptor roller coaster? What was it? Two years ago? It was my first time back at Universal. My mom and I were like, wow, a new roller coaster. We love roller coasters. Let's go on. And I didn't know it didn't have the shoulder thing. It's just the last bar. Yeah, they put the lap bar down. Me and her are like, but this has loops. We're like, my mom cursed oh so much in front of all those little children. We like because like it feels and I looked it up the engineers and stuff like, it is physically impossible for you to fall out of it, but it feels like you're falling out. I was like, I was shooken I'm like, I'm like, that's my first roller coaster in like ten years, and I love roller coasters and that I'm like, I can never ever go back on it again.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't like that one. That was not a fair honestly, if it just had and I know, do you remember how it's set up to be honest.
Speaker 2: It's like you're there, they're like raptors are getting out and then it launches you.
Speaker 3: I can't remember how you sit or you stand or no, you sit, you sit, and it's just a lap bar, okay, but it has loops and it spins.
Speaker 2: You around and like I'm not used I'm used to if it has a loop, it does this, but.
Speaker 3: Like right into the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And apparently, like the velocity and everything it is, you will never fall out, But mentally I feel like I'm gonna fall out. I'm like, I can't, I can't do it anymore. I can't do it. I'll never do it again. It was just too much, which is why I was excited to see this movie because I knew the roller coaster would be the opening for her and I'm like, I love roller coasters. I'm like, but because the plane crash one everyone's thought about a plane crash. Yeah, obviously the highway one really took people by surprise because of how like traumatizing it was. And when I saw a roller coaster, I'm like, this is gonna be the best one. Yeah, it has to be. So Yeah, Wendy is just like, I don't want to get in the front seat. I don't want to get in the front seat. We can't get in the front seat. So they do they do the coin flip here right, the same. Yeah, so we're gonna see who gets to be in the front. So Carrie's boyfriend, Kevin is gonna sit with Wendy.
Speaker 3: Which means no sense me. The boyfriend was just feel like, okay, I'll sit with you in the back like her boyfriend.
Speaker 1: It was so dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's being a bit of a kill joy.
Speaker 3: Also in line we meet the other characters Ian, yes, the punk kids.
Speaker 2: I just have punk guy punk girl.
Speaker 3: He's from Ginger Snaps.
Speaker 2: Yes. I looked at he did look familiar and I had to google him, which there's a review of on the show. Yeah, so she's gonna sit with Kevin, and Jason's gonna sit with Carrie in the front. I do like that. Some little kids get kicked off the ride at the very beginning because they're like, hey, you can't sit there, Like what do you mean, I'm this many inches tall. They're like, no, get out of here. And then I felt bad because those are like little kids. But there are some people, like in their adult life who can't get on these rides because they're too short, and I just my my heart breaks for kid Osbourne is what I'm trying to say. It's just really heart breaks for kid Osborne. I would just like to see him on a roller coaster. Will never be tall enough.
Speaker 3: Casey oh, I'm not getting it at all.
Speaker 2: I've been putting puppet Kit Osborne on.
Speaker 3: The show for a while, but yeah, if you think about it. Like the ride operators, they were professional about everything until.
Speaker 2: Well they told them no cameras. Can I put it in my pocket or like sure? But then Frankie cheeks here is that, and he's like, I'm gonna hide mine. This does a great job of building tension, especially if you're afraid of roller coaster, because it slowly brings you up the track. The camera shows that this hydraulic cord is ripping and tearing, so it shows that the ride starts. It's fine. Frankie Cheeks's camera drops wraps around and rips the cord out, which loosens their seats so now they can't keep their seats down. It makes a bunch of carts in the front just fly off the track. Lewis is hanging on because he's very strong. He shouldn't have been showing off his muscles earlier. He would have had enough energy hold on. He like falls and gets caught again and then just dies. And then when he does that, he bends a pipe, setting up for another death. They get stuck upside down. Punk kids fall uh huh. I never really see what happens, and they just fall. I think they start to rock the coaster back. They're like, all right, let's uh, let's rock it backwards. Uh.
Speaker 3: Kevin dead and the half of him is in the seat with her. Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, he's the one who gets bicycond okay, Lewis was something else. He gets bicected. I think Jason gets through the pipe, right, I can't really remember. There's a metal pipe that like Ben's. I think Jason gets through it falls out and she's about to hit the track, and then she snaps out of it.
Speaker 3: Can I say the way that they did the camera falling his video camera falling was really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The guy it was literally on like it looked like a fishing wire and it was all green screen and only the guy's face was showing the guy who's holding it, and they just filled it going down like he was doing this with the Yeah, yeah, you can find it in it now.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I was very excited for this opening. Yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 3: What I have written down one of the best opening.
Speaker 2: Scenes, it's it's to green screen. If the CGI is not good at all.
Speaker 3: It's so sad because you would never know how much went into it. Because they also like they doubled the length of the roller coaster while filming it, because they had to film it several different times, and they doubled the length by having the main characters Kevin and Wendy, they had their same costumes on, but everything was backwards so that coast they flipped it so it just kept going and going.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, gotcha. I mean a lot of work when it just could limit it by the technology, it just never looked like they were actually on a roller coaster. It were I know, but it like I just just I guess the digital background and stuff, it just I don't know. I guess I was just so like hyped for it, and again the highway out, I wasn't hyped at all for the highway accident, and it ended up exceeding expectations. I'm like, this has got to be the greatest thing in the world. And I remember just being like a lot of this kind of just looks stupid, to be honest, And then a couple of them are off scar like the kids just fall and like, right now we're having a little bit of trouble remembering who died when where's the other ones? I'm just like, yeah, that guy caught on fire, that guy blew up on this thing. That dude got him pauld see. I remember being just let down by that, but I care less this time. I was more let down by four's opening, but we will save that for the four episode. So, same as the regular form of formula, she panics causes a scene some people get off the roller coaster. She's not aware of everyone who got over the roller off the roller coaster. It's like this running theme where there's a few that they can identify and no one believes her obviously, and sure enough the crash happens.
Speaker 3: Yes, we we're missing details, sorry FILMLF. So yeah, she sees everything that's about to happen that she saw on her vision about to happen again. And then they get off of the ride. And as that happens, like Kevin and what's his name in the movie, the black guy, Lewis Lewis, they get into a tip slapping Aaron the girls, so they come off of it. Other people come off and the boyfriend's like, get let me off, like that's my girlfriend. I want to go help her or whatever, and they won't let him off there like everyone else is staying on this ride. Everyone who's off of it just get out, and the guy that is behind the boyfriend saying, hey, ho, let's go. That just connected with something because there's a Joey ramon bobbleheaded h that's okay, okay. He's from several different movies as well. He was just in like Hot Frosty or something on like but he he annoyed me last.
Speaker 2: Hey wait bye bye bye way Hot Adam was giving me ship for the movies I picked on my end of your wrap up and I didn't think to say it at the time, but then he left the comments I got there, like, oh, sorry, I'm not reviewing classics like hot Frosty because he reviews all that Netflix garbage, Like, sorry, my picks aren't good enough for you, Adam, all of you Hot Frosty. Look, look, look, I I'm with him. Mean Girls musical, What the hell? Why did that make it on your top ten?
Speaker 1: I'm like, I just put all the movies I saw. Oh I thought that was your top ten?
Speaker 3: Well, I forgot, like Maxine and stuff. There were some movies I did forget to put on there. I don't know how I miss them, Like uh Omen first, Omen, I put that on there anyway, one of.
Speaker 1: The best episode I digress, You're one of the best performing episodes.
Speaker 3: So yeah, like you said, everyone.
Speaker 2: Dies, everyone dies? Or do they? Because the alternate version on the DVD when they do the coin flip, she can grab it and be like, none of us are getting on.
Speaker 1: I tried to do it and that didn't let me.
Speaker 3: I clicked both options.
Speaker 2: Well I'm watching it here, you do the coin flip. She tells her friends they're not getting on, and her immediate friends all get off. Ride and then it happens and they all survive no way, and that will lead to their character bios at the end that tells you what happens to them when they survive. Sometime later, she's depressed, which is fair. Her friends all died in a free, horrifying roller coaster. My mom was in a roller coaster accident, My mom, and you have the mouse Trap. You ever been on the mouse Troop? Yeah? They were on a roller coaster.
Speaker 3: Action, Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 2: I forget this was it? I think a cart gotcham they crashed into it. So that's what that was the weirdest thing, because my mom would take me on a roller coaster. She's like, yeah, I was in a horrible roller coaster accident once and I went what I'm like, and you still go on them?
Speaker 1: Good for her?
Speaker 2: Well, now, well they try to be therapeutic because she never wanted to go on the mouse Trap again. And then a year the long time ago, they took my little sister onto the mouse Trap roller coaster to confront their fear. Right, my little sister does not know this story at the time. So they're on there and it's not even that impressive. A roller coaster, which is shocking that a crash. They're on there and they get to the turn where the initial accident happened. Apparently my aunt just started crying and went, we're gonna die. Went why did she started working? You might be wondering. You might be wondering, Tony, why were you on the ride?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: And the answer is that I'm a man and I've heard the story and I went, well, obviously, just don't go on the ride again. Why are all of you going on the ride? That makes no sense anyway, that's a weird random actually interview her. I'm like, tell me about your roller coaster accent.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: And then the grim Reapers at the Death Factory they're doing they're up to their shenanigans, like let's do our wind stuff to let her know that we're coming, and someone at the Death Factory'll be like, hey, how about we don't do that? So we actually end up killing them? Why do we keep giving them all these signs? Yeah, Kevin is trying to be there for her because Jason said, hey, I want you to watch her, and he's like, Jason told me to watch you, and she has a good point. She's like for like three minutes.
Speaker 1: You don't have to keep watching the ride.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she tells She tells him, she's like, we're actually not even like friends. We don't even like each other. You only knew my friend and I knew her. Like, we're not We're not like a thing. Leave me alone.
Speaker 3: I want you to know you have support, like you're not the only one that this has happened to. And he starts talking on about.
Speaker 2: Yes, he ends up telling her the plot to the first movie. He's like, yeah, the flight one eighty and all this stuff. She's like, right, what's going I don't know what the hell are you talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, he's just upset that she doesn't want to go to graduation, which I'm shocked that didn't play into the ending at all, Like them going to like their graduation ceremonials.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, that could have been cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ashlyn and Ashley they're sad and they're like, you know what, we need to look our best for all the dead students and graduation. We should go get it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they invite Wendy, and I thought that was really sweet. Yeah, they're like, I know they're supposed to be just like bimbos, but you know they're not neat.
Speaker 2: They're gonna go tanning. At the same time, Wendy is in an argument with Julie because she took her charm bracelet, her good luck charm bracelet. But then she's like starts venting to her. She's like, look, I'm feeling really guilty about Jason and stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know where their parents are. They don't understand.
Speaker 2: She's like, I can't talk to mom and dad, And in my head, I'm like, yeah, because I just didn't want to cast those kind of So yeah, she's just like, all right, you can have the charm bracelet. Can I borrow your cameras? She's like, yeah, but I gotta charge the battery first. While that's happening, tanning guy who just can't get off the phone and refuses to use the store phone. He agrees to let the girls just let them tan her themselves, but he tells her like, don't bring any liquids in there. What are you doing? Don't do that?
Speaker 3: Are rules people.
Speaker 2: These people don't follow the rules now, And you know what it gets how these girls are acting. If I was the grim Reapers at the death Factory and they were like, what should we do with these girls? I would have been like, I just leave them alone. They'll take if this problem is gonna take care, they're eventually gonna do something. I think we're good. Now.
Speaker 3: With every Final Destination movie, there's always a kill that stands out, and they, yeah, definitely stands out the most. For the third one, I think out of the whole franchise as well, it's probably my favorite. And on these special features, the hour and a half documentary on this movie, they go through each death scene and how they did it, and this is what they finally get to this one. I'm like, yes, I can't wait, and they're like, this one was a close set due to the maturity, and yeah, only select people were there. I'm like, no, of course, we can't watch it because they're new.
Speaker 2: I forgot there was dudity in this me too, And I was like, should have been more in the other ones.
Speaker 3: But it's rated R, so yeah, and it wasn't tastefully done. It wasn't weird or anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I mean I guess it was kind of gratuitous, but it wasn't like, yeah, it was fine, Like they would probably be naked in that situation. Yeah, while they're doing this, we're cutting back and forth between the Tanning booth and Wendy, and Wendy is feeling Death's presence while she's looking at the camera.
Speaker 3: As the Joey Ramon bubble head.
Speaker 2: Yep, the wind by the way, her old mac. I think we were by the time I got to college. We were using those mats in college. So that took me back.
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't even notice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then plugging her Panasonic camera into the computer. It was pretty funny.
Speaker 3: She takes awful pictures, by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that was the thing. She was just like, yeah, I work for the school paper and this is my camera. Like that camera sucked back then, like what are you doing? Like, I know, it was convenient, but it was not good. Like now the digital camera looks great, but not at that time. My problem with this a little bit of a weird inconsistency. Like, so Death was planning on the which were called the roller coaster to kill them, Yes, why is it now leaving foreshadowing to their deaths outside of the roller coaster? I feel like that breaks a little bit. I know, but like the foreshadowing should have been for their initial death before she ruined it. But however, I'd mentioned in previous episodes the reason I like this franchise is because it reminds me of the Omen. This is the most obvious it's been the Omen with the pictures of Like now you're not even like trying anymore. You're like, yeah, let's just look at the pictures. And their picture is all orange and glowing. What could this mean? Her light is flickering? The girls they brought drinks into the room and they raised the temperature in the rules it's just too cold. And then because they forgot their iPad, iPod, iPod, sorry sorry I yeh. I'm like, look, Casey, I'm just a young hip kid. I don't know about these iPods. I'm the iPad as a youthful twenty year old. I don't know these things. So they're like, at least we have some CDs. Let me just shit. They just put all my wait onto the shelf and loosen it again. I'm just if I'm death, I'm like, oh, they're gonna take care. I don't even know how they got on the roller coaster, to be I don't know how they got this far, to be honest. Yeah, So yeah, they honestly, they accidentally loosened the shelf and then they go tits out because I have in my note tits. So they're listening to Love roller Coaster. Yes, I would listen to anything else. Uh do you know why they picked that? Why there is an urban legend about that song? The SOUNDI here that goes like ah in the song. The urban legend was and it makes no sense that the picture for the album is a girl like covered in honey on glass and then she got like stuck to the glass and was gonna sue and then like the record guy killed her, and that audio is the recording of her scream. Obviously it's not true. Oh my god, why would you be recording audit? I forget if I'm miss memory. I remember looking this up ironically in two thousand and six. I was looking up these urban legs. Now obviously bullshit. But that's like the urban legend is that the voice you hear is a girl dying in the song, which I think is why one they picked it because it's head roller coaster, which they should have should have used it to or in the roller coaster. Yeah, they picked up for a roller coaster, and they picked it because the girl dying in the song.
Speaker 3: I really think they only picked it because it had roller coaster.
Speaker 2: I think it's both. I gues it's a two front right, a song about a roller coaster, and also there's an urban legend attached to it of a girl dying in it, and we're about to have two girls die. I think it works out. This is we have our fa My favorite thing about these films is the Rube Goldberg domino effect that death does. So the drink leaks into the HVAC system that ends up making the sauna way or not sauna, the tanning moveth way too hot. And then because they set up the air conditioner, the air conditioner turns on, knocks over the coat rack, which knocks down the shelf, and then uh it like yes.
Speaker 3: Somehow gets in between both opening.
Speaker 2: It gets in between and locks them in there while they're frying. And I'm going to talk about the alternate version in a minute, which would have ruined this death scene. But this is great. You're right. It's the standout kill of the movie of them just frying and screaming. The jump cut sells it. The jump cut had me dying with the Tanning moon's.
Speaker 3: On fire and it hard cuts to not jump cuts.
Speaker 2: Bravo. That is so good. Also, that funeral happened really quick, Bravo. Yes, yes, And the reason they no one was able to save them is because the guy propped the door with like a tube, like a tan Yeah.
Speaker 3: First it was a can of soda and then it was yeah, a bottle of Tanning lotion yep. Which and they also put a sign on the door. They locked the door and yeah, saying be back in thirty minutes because so.
Speaker 2: No one can save them. Alternate version, Yeah, what is that? The alternate version? It's a I don't know which one's which, to be honest.
Speaker 3: And at this point, this was in the movie that you could have picked.
Speaker 2: I think, So I look, I looked up I'm gonna find out for sure, but I looked up the deleted alternate scene. So I assume this is part of the Choose your Own fate or it's just an alternate scene. So in this one, uh, the one of the girls gets out, she makes it out of her tanning booth, and she like crawls over and she's trying to help the other girl. And as she grabs the other girl, the tanning both like short circuits and electrocutes both of them.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then the girl like falls in the middle. And so I mean it's still like brutal, but the the ash, the jump cut to the thing to the it works so much better. Yeah, it works so much better.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I couldn't stop laughing at that. So they have the funeral. They have the funeral and they're like, ah, yes, death is you know, equal opportunity or whatever, and punk kids like, no, it's not.
Speaker 3: Why are you young girls ahead their whole life ahead of them, like they never do anything wrong.
Speaker 2: And Osama bin Laden's still alive. It was two thousand and six. Oh, he's like, what the hell. That's not the only time you're going to hear about him, by the way. Uh, They're like, what the hell is going on? Why why is this happening? And we know why it's happening. We get told why this is happening? Why did those girls die? They were trying to look good for Frankie Cheeks. They wouldn't have felt the pressure to look so good press Franklin Cheeks. I should have what does he say? I should have like respected their mind more than their booths or something.
Speaker 3: And the sister's like, okay, not everything is about you.
Speaker 2: Now. I'm looking at it and I'm just like, Frankie, you're right, You're right, right, Frankie, you're on the money. They did that for you. There probably was a deleted scene where they went, this is for Frankie. He's just even at that.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen him in anything else. I feel bad.
Speaker 2: He should be in all these movies, and according to one of the alternative versions, he could have been in all Wendy starts talking to Kevin about how she feels Death's presence, and I thought this shot looked weird. I'm like, why does this Like they're obviously outside, but why does she look weird? And it's because they digitally replaced the trees to make them all blow, and I'm like, yeah, I know the trees are blowing like unnaturally. I'm like, oh, that looks weird because I don't think they green scread. I think they were just outside, but they decided to add more digital trees blowing and it just looked weird to me. So yeah, that's Death being like we know you're onto us. We're gonna scare you. It was two thousand and six, you know, it was like five or six years. I think the picture of nine to eleven was just a little I think it was a little too soon, a little too intensive, like let's maybe do too soon. That was definitely too soon. They may not use real tragedy and.
Speaker 3: They don't really talk about it.
Speaker 2: They didn't know well you notice you never actually see it's all like inserts. I think that's something they might have added in post okay, like when they were doing like Second Unit. I feel like they added in a picture of nine to eleven because I would have been like, all right.
Speaker 3: Well that's They do have the one of Abraham Lincoln, and I'm like is this real? Like are all these real? Was that real picture?
Speaker 2: I don't know about it. I mean that is a real picture, Araham Lincoln. I don't know about the I mean maybe photography was new. There's probably a lot of scratches on old pictures. But yeah, the nine to eleven one, I'm like, all right, well yeah, because the Abriye legal one, like look there's a crack and that's where the thing would be. And then there's like nine to eleven, like here's a very obvious plain shadow like, well, that's not subtle like the other one.
Speaker 3: Come yeah, bad.
Speaker 2: Reminds me of I'm sorry, it reminds me of like insidious when the pictures of the evil lady in his childhood, and I love how they start off subtle and then it's just I literally.
Speaker 3: A selfie with him. Yeah, but then she's getting a little woozy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because she hasn't eaten in.
Speaker 3: And he's like, all right, let's go get you some food.
Speaker 2: Let's get some food in you.
Speaker 3: Where I thought, honestly, I would have thought that this movie took place somewhere.
Speaker 2: Where we lived. Well, it's in Pennsylvania, is it. They say, McKinley, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: Get out here.
Speaker 3: They say, Pa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay, that makes more sense to me because then there's this it looks like San Francisco or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think they do mention Pennsylvania. I forget where the first two were set around. They mentioned Pennsylvania in the previous one, but I think this one is set in there.
Speaker 3: That makes way more sense.
Speaker 2: Oh so I forgot the kid who dies at the very end of final this Station two gets blown up by the grill. That's the gay angry dude from Shameless. Sorry, I realized while editing, I'm like, oh, that's that guy from Shameless. I'm like, I should have mentioned that. They go to get food. On their way, they almost run into a truck, scares the truck driver. He ends up sucking up his emergency brake or something. This is setting up, so we're setting up for another kill. So they're looking through the photos and they're like, okay, Frankie Cheeks had a necklace of the mudflap girl that you see on trucks. She's like, so it must be truck related. Okay, so that's where she she's making like connections. So death is setting up to kill. They catch on that something's about to happen.
Speaker 3: The radio kicks on and they also think a ladder. He's on a ladder, or it.
Speaker 1: Could be ropes.
Speaker 3: Maybe he could bit suicide or something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so then the the song starts playing.
Speaker 2: Was that song in the first one?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't think so either. I should have rewatch first one before this. So yeah, the song starts playing. I love that. She's like, please tell me you have like a short and you're like, He's like, now, I'm like, okay, well, this is death fucking with us. It's about to happen. So they look in the rear view mirror. They see a truck coming down and another truck backed up way too close to them. So there's sandwich between a car in the front who won't move and a car in the back.
Speaker 3: It's so dumb.
Speaker 2: There's a bigger truck coming. They beat to the guy in front of them, who just gives them the finger, but they doesn't turn around. They're like, oh no, what are we gonna do? So they get lucky. The car behind them sees it backs up, they get out of their car, truck hits their car. The engine pops out of the truck into the back of the car in front of it and just cuts the back of the guy's head off. And who was that guy? Frankie Cheeks.
Speaker 3: And the only way that they got out was because they had to kick their window.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wept for Frankie Cheeks.
Speaker 3: But but he not.
Speaker 2: But don't worry, he rows again, Casey because one of the alternate.
Speaker 3: Versions alternate version.
Speaker 2: So in the alternative version, while they're beeping, he actually turns around and looks at them and gives them the fingers, so they know it's Frankie chick. Wow, they're able to get out a little earlier and they pull him out of the car and save him. That's so cool. I'm sewing fish. I'm rich. Oh wow, I've never seen him again. So in that timeline, Frankie Cheeks is alive and well, I'm sure he'll be in all the future.
Speaker 3: It's a great kill though, because we all.
Speaker 1: Do that, go through a drive through, and yeah, I do love that killed.
Speaker 2: I love that it's just so suddenly the engine comes and just chops up his head. But I love that you don't know it's him at first.
Speaker 3: And it's like, oh no, it's Frankie right, oh man. And that's where they filled in his receding hair. The poor guy, he was the dummy. I don't know.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they go home, they're like, Okay, we really got to study these photos a little closer. And they realized that there was a fan behind Frankie and then he was the fan from the engine.
Speaker 3: Yah, there was a fan behind him in the picture that Kevin took up the girl's skirt.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's why it.
Speaker 2: Was that picture. So they look at Lewis and they're like, okay, something with the hammer. He had a hammer and the head came off and they look at the swords. Wait, that the Sultans. That's the team that he's trying out for whatever that he's training for. We gotta go visit him at training camp toward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is like they go to a gym. So it's like, this is really like so many possibilities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the movie knows that, and it does a really good job of throwing a bunch of opportunities out at you.
Speaker 3: Wait, is it the Sultans? Is that a real team in real life?
Speaker 2: This is obviously made up for the movie. There probably is a team called the Sultans in Oakland? What are they?
Speaker 3: The Raiders?
Speaker 2: No, oh, well they're not. They're not in Oakland anymore.
Speaker 3: But they were, right, yeah, raiders. So I think it was Glenn what's his name, the raider Glen Morgan. Yes, he said in the documentary he was like it would be funny. They they wanted to have that kill because raiders would think it's funny. But like if you get did it a forty nine ers, like they would have thought that was stupid. Sorry, I don't know if that's that's okay.
Speaker 2: You might have seen the Raiders sign over there.
Speaker 1: My dad is, oh great, when this was supposed.
Speaker 2: When this was supposed to be his man gave I didn't use there's a leftover Raiders. He's for some reason, he's really into the Raiders and always has been. I don't think he's ever been to Oakland. I know he wouldn't go to Oakland now, but now the what they're the Las Vegas Rangers. They were like Los Angeles I think in Oakland.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again, it's not a football guy. I've had to hear a lot about the Raiders growing.
Speaker 3: Up, but there was a lot that, like you said, went into this scene, yes, and how to design the machine coming up.
Speaker 2: I forgot to mention. They're hesitant to look at their pictures. They want to stop the people in front of them so they don't have to look at their pictures. I guess. But Kevin does go like does something go up my ass? Like that's how he's swearing the bell. So they're begging Lewis to listen and he's just not listening to them. Uh, and like this is great. So she's like look at the picture. He's like all right, there's a stuff there, and then the guy's punching stuffed bail in the gym.
Speaker 3: All meatheads like everything she sees the swords above.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have to ask you, because you're more familiar with Jim equipment than I, what the hell was that pull down machine? What was that?
Speaker 3: So it's literally it is a pull down but he's just doing it from the front, like you know how you would do like yeah, yeah, pullovers on a bench machine.
Speaker 2: But like, why are the weights there in full day? Is this a real thing or something.
Speaker 3: They pull down because the knives cut the sword? No?
Speaker 2: No, but why is that even like a thing that would happen on the machine? I would I don't know, because.
Speaker 3: It's a plateloaded machine. Yeah, but it all goes into it in the special features the girl who designed it.
Speaker 2: But okay, but yeah, but they designed it for this movie. This isn't like a real machine. This is a real machine because I've used pulled down machines.
Speaker 3: So they nervous from the you know this way, but this way you're coming forward.
Speaker 2: I would never work out on this thing.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't either, especially after this.
Speaker 3: But I had to ask my boyfriend, who is a personal trainer because I didn't really know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was looking at that. I'm like, I mean, I'm like, I've seen machines like this, the machines like this, but never like, I know, this one looks horrifying. And I don't like this mechanic of the weights. If something cuts it clam. Yeah. So they're doing this and it's all janky. It's the swords, but I love that she's looking around. So they're like, there's this spill near an electro outlet and then someone cleans it and it's just and everyone's screaming and yelling. It really puts you on edge.
Speaker 3: And he's like, I'm gonna win, yeah, win die.
Speaker 2: He's talking about like all these things he's gonna do, and it literally reminds me of the one Simpsons episode where they're watching that cop movie and the guy's like two days to retirement. Me and my wife for got a boat. We called it to Live Forever, and then he dies right away. This is what it reminds me of, Like I'm gonna do this and I'm gonna live that. He's like freaking out and then the weights come down and crush his.
Speaker 3: Head and they did a pros. They did the head thing, yeah.
Speaker 2: That they may have mold.
Speaker 3: Or castle, yes, and it looked so good and it's like you barely get to enjoy it because of how the SGI blood so dumb.
Speaker 2: It just splashes, splatters. Yeah, it's pretty insane. Yeah, so yeah, the Swords wouldever cut the cable that connect the TWB. Alternate version sucks?
Speaker 3: What is it? There's this is a treat you guys that you're getting to hear this alternative there's no build up or anything.
Speaker 2: They're like, we're gonna do this, We're gonna explain this, We're gonna explain that, and that's gonna happen. They walk in, he literally goes, what the fuck are you doing here? Boom, and then his head just gets crushed.
Speaker 1: Yeah they didn't.
Speaker 3: They probably had enough at that point, but I'm just like there's no creators.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm like, there's no tension or build up or anything.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that version sucks because do you think that the director and writer had to go into this with those different alternate like if they wanted.
Speaker 2: This honestly, this one feels like they just wanted to breeze past it and gets on some other kills. But then they were like, wait a minute, maybe if it's movies running too short, let's make it. Let's go back and spice it up. But yeah, that's what I can think of, because like, it's just such a nothing scene. I'm like, why would you make it that lane?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And what really irked me was when they were getting into the car like afterwards, and they're wearing all the merchandise because they had to buy new club.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that they had to buy never buy it. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, oh my gosh, I.
Speaker 2: Get what else you can't? You want his brain matter?
Speaker 1: No, I guess not, but.
Speaker 3: That's a constant I guess that's more of a constant reminder his brain matter than the logo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the punk kids are next. Yes, so they're still confused who the mystery people on the roller coaster are. But for now they got to find the punk kids who are working at a hardware stort, because of course they are. Of course they're working.
Speaker 3: At a hardware And he had to really learn how to use the forklift.
Speaker 2: He's forklift certified, I think so.
Speaker 3: But he's like, if you see some really good forklift driving. My acting is just terrible. And then if you see really good acting, my forklift driving is terrible. Seems like I couldn't wait to show off my skills.
Speaker 2: That was like a meme a few years ago where people were bragging about being forklift certified, and it was like there were memes were like girls who just like, he's forklift certified. He must have been say he's chasing pigeons with his nail gun pretending to be Tony Montana.
Speaker 1: Terrible.
Speaker 2: The pigeons are set up for the alternate version of what we're about to say, because I was wondering what the pigeons were. Maybe there were they the same pigeons from Final Destination to they survived and made it to this movie. Don't believe them? They're like, come on, like, like you have to believe us. You're gonna diether. Can you at least tell us who was behind you on the coaster?
Speaker 3: Which I really wish that they could have believed them a little bit, because he's the one who made that whole speech during the death the yeah, the funeral for those girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well I think he's all like, I don't believe in fate or any super nice, just science hardcore like statistics, energy and negative reaction and all this stuff. But yeah, while they're doing this, he drops a box of nails off a shelf into another forklift that just happens to be parked on the other side of the shelf. I'm pretty sure they park them in certain areas, but what do I know. And then punk girl is magneting all the nails and she's like, I'm sure there's a home for this tool, but I'm gonna leave it in this shelf that's gonna knock down a bunch of chains, and we're just not gonna hear the chains, although I'm pretty sure they'd be echoing pretty loud. Story. Yeah, and the chains knocked the box onto the pedal of the fork cliff. So punk guy starts sawing wood because again this movie. Upon rewatch of this, they were wise. After two movies, people are gonna be looking for the setups. The best part of the second one was the mislead where you think the girl is gonna blow up, but her death leads to a different explosion.
Speaker 1: I feel like they went all, okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember because you think she's gonna blow up with a cigarette and the gas but yeah, the airbag. I actually just hurt my nose doing that. So I feel like with this one, they're like, let's just keep showing so many possibilities. So you're just you're like, you don't know what it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: And after you watch these movies all you can, everything you do, you start thinking like, oh god, that's that's the step of something like every little Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he starts sing when the fu like as they're closing up.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I feel like they're just hanging out there. They don't need to be there. The fork lift crashes into a wall, which knocks a hammer down, which it hits the lever, which starts lifting the wall that's connected to a robe show. No one hears any of this, even though it would be very loud. Oh wait, why they don't hear the soul? Oh them, Okay, they figured that one out. I still think you would have heard the chains falling. So yeah, while he's doing this, I think he's talking about like, well, look, uh, if death has a plan and there's this motion, this thing is emotion, we could like screw it up. He implies, like if you kill yourself, if you're supposed to be the last one, but you kill yourself. It throws off the whole design. But he didn't watch Final Destination too, where he doesn't know that death won't allow you to kill yourself because remember guy the Kai tries to shoot himself and they're like, well duds, like all six bullets can't be a dune.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And Wendy keeps looking back at the picture just to try to find different things that could be happening in the Yeah.
Speaker 2: So again not buying it. So uh the ladder Uh yeah, this knocks over a ladder, which drops a bunch of steaks in wood on them, but Wendy is able to save him. She's able to save him, so death skips him, and now it's got to go to Erin. Yes, we're there's like a there was like a bag that was had a bunch of sawdust, I think, and it explodes and it scares her. She trips onto his nail gun, which just starts shooting nails through her face.
Speaker 3: Still such a great kill, and that they made a whole dummy for that, well they had to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks so real.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Alternate version of the Death instead of sawdust, the pigeons from earlier flying in front of her, and that makes her trip and I'm like, oh, why I even put that on the deep, Like why I can't believe this. Some of them are cooler than others. I'm like that one, that one's dumb. I'm like, okay, so she just tripped for a different reason. Oh, the foreshadowing she saw she saw like a banner, like those little triangular banners, and there was a banner earlier. But it turns out it was the steaks above him. That's when she clicks like, oh no, it's pointy steaks. We gotta save them. Julie takes Wendy's charm bracelet when she's sleeping because she wants her good luck bracelet that her grandmother gave her or whatever.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Wendy wakes up and she's studying the picture and she sees that the mysterious people in front of of her we're wearing the charm bracelet. She's like, oh no, it's Julie. And I think Julie gets into an old scion like my car, but a different bottle. Uh. And she's going to the tri centennial fair at the town. Oh, we've had to imagine punk Kid's name is McKinley, like the school, because that plays in what's coming up. Kevin happens to be working at the fair as security. Oh, we've also forgot to mention that they did go to the cops and explain everything they did. Well, he was like, I didn't say anything, dumb. She's like, I told him everything. They didn't listen to me.
Speaker 1: So brief, we're of the FBI.
Speaker 2: Go guys from the first one ever, go because they should be like, this keeps happening.
Speaker 3: Oh god, don't don't. Oh my gosh. The guy that we met at Monserenia sat Nick.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Uh, Daniel Daniel robu Daniel is one of the final Oh he.
Speaker 2: Was, wasn't he?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh crap, we should have asked him about that. Yes, that was a wonderful movie. Saint Nico Beth laugh. We met in We should have did the double feature.
Speaker 1: Her idea.
Speaker 2: I know we could have watched two Daniel Roebuck dresses Santa movies, one very family friendly and Christian theme, the other one art the clown idea. They must have heard us talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they probably did. So she figures out it's her sister and then she gets on the phone with Kevin saying I know Julie is going to go there, and he's like, okay, like you know, I want to know how I die before this happens. And then she looks at his picture. She's like, I don't know, it's all like overexposed, and he's like, oh, like a bunch of fireworks, one in my face, and then he turns around and there's the fireworks.
Speaker 2: It's a bunch of fireworks. But I like, I think her picture she just sees McKinley on her shirt.
Speaker 3: And her boyfriend's in the picture and he's blurred.
Speaker 2: He's all blurred, so she's not sure what McKinley means. But then we see punk guy mcan following her to the fair. But you're great with Kevin. I love that he's at the thing and he's just seeing all the flammable objects around him. And then it's Ben Franklin who's just like, hopefully we'll get some lightning, and he's just like, fuck you, Ben Franklin.
Speaker 3: That's what made me think it took place here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in Pa, Pa, a fictional town, but still so yes, then death is up to its tricks. A cannonball falls off and rolls and makes one of the fireworks carts uneven.
Speaker 3: And the only way that that ball fell off was because some guy bumped into it so with.
Speaker 2: All his yep. And then some jerks decide to get some like firecrackers to scare a horse who then takes off into the crowd with a rope and the steak is like it's dragging a steak along.
Speaker 1: Yeah before all of that.
Speaker 3: Which part before all that, He finally gets there and tries to find her sister to tell her you're in danger, and like Kevin finally gets her and tells her and she does the same like middle finger like she does in the picture. And there's a horse in the back of the picture. So like you said, that happens, and the horse comes down and I guess trips her and gets the rope around her neck. Yeah, it tangles her in the rope and she did all those suns herself. Oh really, she was on a harness, but it was wrapped around her neck.
Speaker 2: The road. Yeah, the horse is dragging her around. It's about to drag her into some like old tiny like for yeah, farm equipment. Yeah, so she's about to get spiked, but luckily Kevin grabs a sword. Oh, grabs a sword from like one of the reenactors. Yeah, cuts the rope. I guess it wasn't. Dull cuts the rope and saves her. So death skips her and her friend comes over like what's wrong?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like who is next to you on the ride? Who is?
Speaker 2: And then a different horse is running and launches this state this flag and it goes through.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Kevin almost blows up next to a grill like a kebab, gets down and plugs something. There's about to be a big explosion, and Wendy saves him. So we've skipped multiple people so far. Now Wendy thinks that McKinley's gonna murder her, which isn't.
Speaker 3: He just lurking in the back and finally find them.
Speaker 2: Which is how And he's got this new confidence. He's like, well, death skip me. I can't die. So he's like confronting her. They're afraid of him. I'm not really sure what his plan is. I think he's just trying to scare her because he's angry. The fireworks cart tips over and it's about to kill her, but she ducks yeah, and it misses him. He's like, see I told you I can survive. But now that they've skipped enough people, it's gone back to him. So the big yeah that's attached to like a cherry picker. Yeah, the firework explodes and just splatters and cuts him into half. Alternate alternate death. It just flatters him. The top part of his body doesn't fall out. It just actually I like it better that it just splatters him. It doesn't show him half. It's just it's like a fucking watermelon. Wow. But yeah, he gets crushed and split in half.
Speaker 3: In theory, that was meant for Wendy.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I guess since she I guess, since she avoided it, it went back to him because he was next line. Yeah, so everything's good. Everything's good now, even though they don't know the rule that you're supposed to create a new life will break the thing. They don't know that rule because they haven't met Tony Todd. He didn't tell them that. Five months later, Wendy's on the subway and the guy is singing the song that's been singing throughout the whole movie, and she realizes she's on train one eighty and she's like, I don't like this. I gues saw her roommates talk, are you all right? She's like, nope, we gotta get out. And I like that. On the subway, all the ads are for places where they died, and the last one is like death and taxis, and then the train conductor trimes in. By the way, I've never been on a subway that, like a regular underground subway that had a conductor who talked to you. Maybe I just don't. I guess I just don't use subways that much. I hate using New York.
Speaker 3: But it's never like a person. It's usually just it's usually like next stop, yes, yes, but they say.
Speaker 2: The conductor is Tony Todd, and he says stop. The next stop is the end of the line, which is funny because I think the train, either in this or the ultra version, it literally says end of the line on the front of it. So yeah. While this is happening, Rat eats a candy bar that falls onto the track. Julie happens to get on the train as Wendy wanted to get off. She's like, oh my god, my sister Julie is here. What a surprise. And Julie tells her like it's gonna be fine. She's like, hey, I'm feeling weird again. She's like, hey, it's gonna be fine because remember it has to go to Kevin, and Kevin's not here. Uh yeah. So while that's happening, Oh yeah, so they look over there. Wait a minute, that's Kevin. They're all on the same train. The rat gets shocked eating the candy bar, which causes the track to move over. Oh my gosh, Juliet, there's a big pile up. Julie super gets gets killed something like, falls through the chrain, smash her. Kevin falls out the window and gets grinded up and shred it. Wendy somehow survives all of this. Everyone's dead around Yeah, everyone's dead around her. And then another train comes. Now this hasn't happened before where they got another premen Usually it's you get the initial premonition and then you just see signs. You don't get like a full on premonition again. So I thought that was interesting. Well, maybe going forward they did, but the previous one they didn't get that because even like Ali Larder in the last one, she's like me and him we avoided it like fifteen times. But they never said they got another premonition. Yeah, so yeah, it cuts back. She wakes up and she's like, it's going to happen again, and they all start panicking and they try to get out, and then the movie ends. Alternate Death well one the setup to it, there's a homeless man reading and like with a newspaper on him. The newspaper falls down. We find out the survivors of the previous film both fell into a wood chipper, Like the girl fell into the wood chipper and the cop went to grab her and also got sucked in. I don't like that either, because why would Tony Todd give them the solution to beat it. I like that they were able to beat it. It won't stop everyone from being saved, but I like that there's a way to beat it, but you have to know that information. These characters didn't know the information, so they can't beat it. So yeah, I'm glad they cut that out. I don't like that, but yeah, they Uh, it's pretty much the same thing, only instead of it being premonition where she snaps out of it, it just ends she actually does get hit and splatters. Yeah, and then it cuts to a cover of Love Train. Everybody all over the world joy. Hey, I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, come on, love true How all the T movies ended with a big song.
Speaker 2: That was you know, it's ready to be noticed? It in like Scream two. But yeah, that nineties early two thousands, they were like weird bands were just covering old songs. Wasn't in the Scream two was I think I Love you because he sings it earlier in the movie, but then there's like a fast version everyone over the world. Yeah, I really love it. I guess we don't know if they did or not. I assume they didn't, I think, but yeah, upon a rewatch, I think initially I was let down. I still think the roller Coaster could have been way better, and I know a lot of work went into it, but I think maybe the effects weren't there to really sell it.
Speaker 3: I think you're right, because when I rewatched it too, I also thought, oh.
Speaker 2: That was quick and that was yeah, and it just didn't look as good as the first two. But upon a rewatch, I really enjoyed. I this is when they got a little bit more cheeky with the comedy, which I think five. I'm excited to rewatch five because I think five went reach I did, Oh you did you not see it?
Speaker 3: When I told you that I had seen it, like when it came out and then I had it. I was rewatching all of them, and then you spoiled.
Speaker 2: Five for me. No, that's not casey. I can't spoil something you've already seen. I was just reminding you. Yeah, and I had for that's that's that's different than the spoiler. That was a reminder.
Speaker 1: Side.
Speaker 3: But can I say another thing about this movie which I texted you this morning when I was watching the special feature, Oh of the documentary so wonderful. The composer of this movie. It's so funny because they go, yes, they go through all the deaths, and then they cut to this jolly woman just composing the music for it. And then she pulls out this thing that she created and it was the grosso meter and they like wanted to reach different parts of this meter with the musical score that they created, and it's you have to include the image, like, yeah, wow, how creative are they?
Speaker 2: And then she died shortly after this kid and I think she scored the first two I believe really, I could be wrong, but she worked with a lot of huge composers. She conducted for a lot of them. I know her from Batman the animated series. She's the one that she like took Danny Elfman's theme from the tim Bert movies and changed it to her own. Uh. And she knocked it out the park when they did Mask of the Phantasm, which we have a review of. But yeah, her music was great. She's like probably one of the biggest like female composers that I know. Uh.
Speaker 3: Tapes from the CREP to make a shirt with the Grosser meter on it?
Speaker 2: Do anything?
Speaker 3: Final Destination three theme? Thank you?
Speaker 2: Yes, I will let tim know who I'm wearing now spot Oh yeah, I think at the time of this recording the sax guy from Lost Boys.
Speaker 1: Oh, I already.
Speaker 3: Have a Turbino Man one.
Speaker 2: Uh. But yeah, I enjoy it. Like I said, I really like the series. The next one I think might be the weakest one, But I don't know. Maybe I'll rewatch it and be like, you know what, it was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have to rewatch them. I know Emma Bella's in the last one. She was in Frozen.
Speaker 2: My problem with the next one coming up, it's the director of two and it started off with the racetrack, So I'm like, well, he killed it with the highway stuff. The racetrack is gonna be even better. And then I forgot it was the three D one. I'm like, oh it was that was another letdown.
Speaker 3: So I want to know, like, what kills stand out for you most for the movies?
Speaker 2: Well, I can't care the first one.
Speaker 3: What's the first kill that you think of?
Speaker 2: The first one? Uh?
Speaker 3: Band out kill?
Speaker 2: Stand out kill for oh? Bus? Bus obviously the bus. Oh okay, bus, that's the big after the plane. That's that One's the one that gets like memed all the time, So it's definitely buss true.
Speaker 3: Bus number two.
Speaker 2: Uh, number two is the highway.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, the number two for me, like to kill that are after is when she gets her hair caught in the elevator.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that one didn't do it for me too much, just because the first Resident Evil movie had a decapitation. It came out like a year before that one, however, Okay, aside from the opening premonition into glass plane crushing, that one.
Speaker 3: Cool, and then this one totally I really think of all of the movie.
Speaker 2: Theatrical version of the Tanner Bed, not the alternate version. This version with the hard jump to the coffins.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to remember for the pool.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember the pool. I remember the car washing movie theater, I remember the escalator.
Speaker 1: Okay, the fifth one, you know, it's funny.
Speaker 2: I really loved five, and I'm having trouble remembering specific ones.
Speaker 3: What the what's it called that you put your in your back? You put needles in your back?
Speaker 2: Oh, the occupant ocup? They did an accupunt. I have to rewatch.
Speaker 3: That's yeah.
Speaker 2: However, the end of five was really good.
Speaker 3: But I love all these movies. They leave me feeling so good. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I don't make you feel really good people being horrifyingly mangled.
Speaker 3: It's the best franchise in opinion.
Speaker 2: That it is good, and I'm excited for Bloodlines. At the time of this recording, there's still no trailer out, but I know that that actress Anna Lorea is in it. She's popping up in a bunch of stuff the last few years, so I think she's about to be more bigger stuff. That's all I know. Oh, apparently someone let me know Tony Todd is in the new one. He filmed all his stuff a while ago. Yes, so yeah, although it isn't although it is a prequel, I think it's supposed to be flegal. So I don't know if they're going to digitally deage him or will they just do it. Sul ten when and just went, I just pretend it's.
Speaker 3: Twenty or like an alien Romulus.
Speaker 2: Oh well that's what I'm saying. Well they did. They did do the digital d aging for Tony Todd and the candymake so I could see them, which wasn't even the original ending. The original ending was different?
Speaker 3: Was the original ending? The original ending was? I think they just end?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh and then the subway scene, isn't there?
Speaker 2: Oh? Can I read the character stuff? I don't know if this is all of them?
Speaker 3: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So if you join the Hacker Movies Patreon the five or ten dollars tier, you get into the Hack the Movies discord where I have fun talking with all of you, and House of Fire sent me a bunch of the So. Yeah, so the initial opening, when you can save all your friends, they give you character stuff what happens to them after the movie.
Speaker 1: So Carrie, wait, save all your friends?
Speaker 2: So remember I said the coin flip where you can save your friends. This is the ending, the little text they give you at the end to let you know what happened to them after they were saved. So Carrie the girl desperate to start living. Carrie dumped Kevin the day after the incident. She enrolled at Berkeley, dropping out after one semester to travel the world presidently. Carrie is a groupie for Doctors Without Borders.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: Kevin. After the incident, Kevin's obsession with Wendy grew dramatically. To avoid being slapped with a restraining order dictating he stayed one hundred yards away from the Christiansen Home, Kevin joined the army and was sent to Iraq okay, citing bizarre and erratic behavior. Kevin was discharged after refusing to go on patrol in Barsa because three consecutive coin flips landed on heads. The patrol was subsequently ambushed, so he got a bunch of people killed. Kevin Fisher is presently back in McKinley, staying one hundred yards away from the Christiansen Home. Okay. Jason the other Guy. After months of intense contemplation and study of the various world religions including Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Orthodox, Judaism, she Heite, Muslimism, Taoism, Unitarianism, yo and yoga. Jason emerged from his room. So he was doing this in a room for months and found that the Church of Ultimate Beliefs preaching enlightened preordination. Jason and his followers have built a self sustaining compound in New Hampshire, so he became a cult leader. I don't know, but they were having a lot of fun. This is on the DVD when You Save All your Friends apparently option. I don't know when these would have played. Okay, wait, this is Wendy Ming Girl. No longer in denial about her gift. Wendy Christiansen changed her name to Ming Oh.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 2: She advises politicians and celebrities and often gives pro bono readings to police departments around the country. Last report it's seen in Vancouver, British Columbia. Her present War of Pats are unknown. Someone had a lot of fun with this DVD. They really had a lot of fun with the DVD. But yes, that is Final Destination three. Let me know if you like to choose your own fate stuff. I'm gonna through it and see if there were more options. And but yes, Casey, where can we find you?
Speaker 3: Yes, you can find me on Instagram at Casey the Final Girl.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you can follow us like, share, subscribe, sign up for the Patreon Patreon's gonna have a lot of fun this year. Yay. Listen to the podcast feed, download the podcast feed. I've been putting some bonus audio on the podcast feed, Like whenever I do streams with Adam where we talk about like movie news and stuff, I'm like, screw it, I'll put that on the podcast feed. Adam Everyone's favorite. Adam does booth he. I don't know if you saw, like I made fun of them on the wrap up because I'm like, yeah, that's rot is out and everyone loves it. And the next slide was his thumbnail saying nass for yeap. This is another gunsill of minus one moment.
Speaker 3: But yeah, here's to a great twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's do it this. Yeah, we're not gonna die. And also I slacked off a little too much last year, so I'm going harder this year. We're going harder. Let's do it. I'm probably gonna die tomorrow.
Speaker 3: But let us know what movies you want to see.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope we don't die, Casey. We gotta go tanning now because we have to look good for this year. And Casey died a horrifying tanning.
Speaker 3: I used to love to go tanning, but they It's over now.
Speaker 2: Goodbye everyone. Remember to like, comment, and subscribe. Check out our other videos and Patreon page.