Speaker 1: Ah, Yes, it's the Bend and Skin Show ninety some point one the Eagle wrapping up our show out here at the chalk Taw Casino and Resort, Durant, Oklahoma. I see that big lucky and love standing billboard there thing right there in front of me where people are getting their pictures taken. I think about someone is going to win their share of one point eight million dollars tomorrow just by coming out here and having fun having the Choctaw Rewards Club card, So make sure you have that when you come out here.
Speaker 2: We bumped into some friends from.
Speaker 1: The prosper area that are out here with their daughters getting ready to go see a concert. So this is a fantastic place, lots of fun. Come on out and make it a part of your weekend. Now tomorrow. If you're not here, we would love for you to be up in Salina at our brewery, Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery that Ben and I are partners in. There are the sponsors of this segment, and tomorrow is the Big Wild West Chili Fest Cookoff celebrating Texas independence. That's a great day to be up there at Rollertown. Head to head chili battles. You get to taste it's magically delicious. It's always a lot of fun. I really enjoyed last year's And then aside from that, we got twenty fresh local beers on tap up. There so much beer to choose from. Make it up to Rollertown in Solana. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: If you can't.
Speaker 1: There's all kinds of restaurants all around the DFW area that carry Rollertown on tap. And then of course you can buy cans at places like ch be and Total Wine and more.
Speaker 2: I know some liquor depots have it.
Speaker 1: For example, if your favorite spot Pogos right there in the Park Cities. If you don't, if your favorite spot doesn't have it, ask them to carry it. Say hey, they're Benny Keith. Those guys are distributed by Benny Keith. Get the roller Town in here. We'd certainly appreciate that. But right now it's time for this kill.
Speaker 3: Thing's big thing is big. That's big Sunday. That's the Academy Awards, that's the Oscars. Yep, ten movies are nominated. I'm seeing a few of them. We'll discuss on Monday. See whatever happens here. I let's have a fun here though, nineteen seventy three to twenty twenty three. That's fifty years of movies, okay. And the way this game goes is you will pick a year. I'll tell you the movies. You tell me who won, and if you don't get it, you the other guy can steal.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, so we'll start with your skin.
Speaker 3: Just give me a year nineteen seventy three to twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Give me the year Ben and I graduated from high school nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 3: Nineteen eighty nine. That's the strategy in this game, you might know, all right. Here we go in alphabetic quarter. All right, Born on the fourth of July, Dead Poet Society, driving Miss Daisy Field of Dreams, and my.
Speaker 2: Left foot driving Miss Daisy. One. That's correct.
Speaker 3: One point for Jeff Skinway, well done, thanks man, Ben. Give me twenty twenty three, twenty twenty three. I like what you're doing here, dude. I like what you're doing here. American Fiction Anatomy of a Barbie, The Holdovers, Killers of Flower Moon, Oppenheimer, Maestro Past Lives, Poor Things, The Zone of Interest Oppenheimer, Ben correct one to one over to Jeff's skin.
Speaker 1: Wad give me the year two thousand because of the whole y two k thing?
Speaker 3: Okay, two thousand, chocolate lot, crouching tiger, hidden dragon, Aaron Brockovich gladiator and traffic.
Speaker 1: Uh, that was a crouching tiger, hidden dragon.
Speaker 2: It's incorrect. You can steal chalk a lot.
Speaker 3: That's incorrect. Christina at the house gets the point, all right. What one gladiator, oh, gladiator got the win?
Speaker 2: What year was that? Two thousand? Yep? Okay, uh? Ben your year? All right? Give me twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Okay, twenty twenty two. All quiet on the Western front, Avatar, the way of the water, the banshees of inch Elvis, everything everywhere, all at once, the fableman's tar, top gun, Maverick, triangle of sadness and women talking everything everywhere all at once, that is correct. Ben takes a lead back to skin.
Speaker 2: Give me nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 3: Nineteen seventy three, fifty years ago, fifty and more, American graffiti, cries and whispers, the Exorcist, the sting and a touch of class. I believe the sting one that's correct. Wow, the skin up to two Ben at two.
Speaker 2: Ben give me twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Ben working backwards, doing a good job of not testing the memory too much. I like it, Belfast Coda, don't look up, drive my Car, Dune King, Richard Licorice, Pizza, Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog, and West Side.
Speaker 2: Story, the Chris Pizza. I would like to steal Coda. Coda is correct.
Speaker 3: Child of Death Adults.
Speaker 2: I believe a story of Craig Coda poolmaker. That is a joke for one, and I celebrated he did. Skin three been two. Uh, it is your year here, Skin, let's go nineteen seventy four. I remember when I was three. He's working his way up here.
Speaker 3: We have a clockwork orange fiddler on the roof, the French Connection, the Last Picture Show, and Nicholas and Alexandra.
Speaker 1: It's either the French Connection or the Last Picture Show. And I believe it was the Last Picture Show.
Speaker 2: It's incorrect.
Speaker 3: Steal.
Speaker 2: Uh, let me get him agoin.
Speaker 3: The French Connection, a clockwork orange fiddler on the roof, and Nicholas and Alexandra.
Speaker 2: I'll go to the French Connection.
Speaker 3: That's correct, Bennett. Three, damn it been your year. I will go twenty twenty dent d d d dn't d d d d dn't twenty twenty we have Oh yeah, we play in this one. If you remember The Father, Judas and the Black Messiah, No Madland, Mank Manari promising young Woman, the Sound of Metal on the Trial of the Chicago Seven.
Speaker 2: Damn, I do not remember. I'm gonna go Manari incorrect. Can I hear those again?
Speaker 3: Yes, The Father, Judas and the Black Messiah, the mank No Madland.
Speaker 2: It was no mad Land.
Speaker 3: Yes, Uh, she went number two in that bucket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: I had to watch it because we did a bet on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, terrible. No Madland was your winner.
Speaker 1: The Sound of Metal Real Quick one of the status movies I've ever seen. Oh no, it is a really incredible performance.
Speaker 2: Though. What's it about. It's about a heavy metal drummer going down. Oh that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It have been quite a five years for deaf movies. Yeap four for Skin Ben has three It is your ear skin. Let's let's have some fun, Let's go nineteen eighty. Nineteen eighty, that's your definition of fun. Coal Miner's Daughter, The Elephant Man, Ordinary People, Raging Bull and Tess.
Speaker 2: I know which too.
Speaker 1: It's down to me too. I believe it's ordinary people. That is correct, skipt that was not one of my two. That is a That movie will rip you apart. I don't want to be ripped apart enough and dude or anymore. What a performance by Mary Tyler Moore, who everyone loved and ended up giving the performance of the biggest be Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Twenty nineteen, Ben goes to twenty nineteen, a year we do remember. Things were pretty normal back in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: I like this part.
Speaker 3: Ford versus Ferrari, the Irishman, Jojo Wabbitt Joker, Little Women Marriage Story, Parasite, nineteen seventeen, Once upon a Time in Hollywood Parasite correct? Oh, I love that movie.
Speaker 2: Really good?
Speaker 3: Uh Parasite, Okay, let's do It's a skin five been four, Let's do nineteen seventy nine, seventy nine, back when baseball was popular, all that jazz Apocalypse now Breaking Away Kramer versus Kramer, Norma Ray.
Speaker 2: The winner is Kramer versus Kramer. It is Kramer versus Kramer.
Speaker 3: Michael Richards great in that movie.
Speaker 2: Hi epics, funny joke.
Speaker 1: I would have given it to Breaking Away, which still holds up, dude, breaking Away absolutely still holds up.
Speaker 2: Give me twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: Twenty eighteen, Here we go, Black Panther, Black Klansman, Bohemian Rhapsody, the favorite green book, Roma, A Star Is Born, and Vice.
Speaker 2: Damn, I don't none of those immediately come to mind. Let me hear him again.
Speaker 3: Black Panther, Black Klansman, Bohemian Rhapsody, the favorite green book, Roma, A Star Is Born, and Vice.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with the favorite.
Speaker 3: Incorrect skin for that's also incorrect. Christina gets the point in the house, Christine, do you know what it was?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: But Roma is a great restaurant in Bishop Arts. Okay, there it is, shout out Roma, what was it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Green Book, which I haven't seen, but it often makes these like a little list of like movies who won that shouldn't have?
Speaker 2: Dude, Black Clansman's great.
Speaker 3: I mean this was good, but you know, yeah, uh six for? Skin been with four?
Speaker 2: Okay, I want to do nineteen eighty one and eighty one.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Atlantic City, Chariots of Fire on Golden Pond, Raiders of the Lost.
Speaker 2: Arc and Reds.
Speaker 1: It was Chariots of Fire, which is movie you reference all too often it's so good.
Speaker 2: Kind of boring though, Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, that's how I would kind of describe half of The Brutalist and a Complete Unknown, which I really like both of those movies. Honora is not boring, it's fun, but I was like, is it better than those of the two.
Speaker 2: There's my editorializing good. That's good. Shot Clock twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: Twenty seventeen, because I've been mentioned Shotclock. That was our double up phrase of the segment twenty seventeen, you said call me by your name. Darkest Hour, Dunkirk featuring Harry Styles, Get Out, Ladybird, Phantom Thread, The Post, The Shape of Water and three billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri.
Speaker 2: The shape of Water.
Speaker 3: That's correct, Ben for two points up to six Exkids at seven, Uh.
Speaker 2: Let's do nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 3: Nineteen seventy eight was a year that had coming home The deer Hunter, Heaven can wait Midnight Express an unmarried woman.
Speaker 2: It was the deer Hunter.
Speaker 3: That's correct, two point Skinny's up to nine.
Speaker 2: Back to Bed twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: Ben working his way backwards methodically.
Speaker 2: And he has he's a reverse cow Ben.
Speaker 3: Arrival Fences, hack saw Ridge, Hell or high Water, Hidden Figures, La La Land, Lion, Manchester by the Sea, and Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight correct famously Moonlight Yeah from the Ned Baby screw Up, Ben eight, Skin nine, His name is Warren.
Speaker 2: Two minute warning, Oh my god, two minute warnings coming to the wire.
Speaker 4: Uh give me nineteen eighty two, Et Gandhi Missing TUTSI, The Verdict Gandhi, Gandhi's correct up till eleven.
Speaker 2: There's only four of them. That was five?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 2: Should he give me like nine movies? Wait?
Speaker 3: It should be.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what happened later they started adding more movies as Yeah, all right, I.
Speaker 2: See where you're better off going older. Give me twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: Twenty fifteen, The Big Short Bridge of Spies, Brooklyn, mad Fury Road, The Martian, The Revenant Room, and Spotlight.
Speaker 2: Spotlight it is spotlight up to ten.
Speaker 3: Did you end up seeing that it was spotlight and moonlighting back to back years?
Speaker 2: Oh? Huh uh okay, I'll do nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 3: He does not want to go to the nineties, Annie Hall, The Goodbye Girl, Julia, Star Wars, and The Turning Point.
Speaker 2: Annie Hall.
Speaker 3: That's correct. Skin to thirteen, twenty fifteen. Ben already did twenty fifteen. You go to fourteen American Sniper, Boyhood, Birdman, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Imitation Game, Selma, the Theory of Everything in Whiplash, Birdman correct, Ben up twelve skin What am I at thirteen? I'll take nineteen seventy if I done?
Speaker 1: Six?
Speaker 3: Nope, Okay. All the President's men bound for Glory, Network, Rocky taxi driver.
Speaker 2: Wow, God, there's not even that many of them.
Speaker 1: I forgot. I think it was actually network. Network is incorrect. Ben for the steel and the victory. If he does not get it, Christina wins the entire game.
Speaker 2: Do you give me the remaining choices?
Speaker 3: All the President's men bound for Glory, Rocky taxi driver.
Speaker 2: Did you say all the President's men? Did you also say taxi driver? Look at me?
Speaker 3: Did you say to all the President's men bound for Glory, Rocky and taxi driver the man, all.
Speaker 2: The President's men. I think it's Rocky, not the one I'm choosing. Christina, what do you think of I just said it's not the one I'm choosing. I'm going, what are the other ones?
Speaker 3: Time to go?
Speaker 2: What are the other ones? All? Right? Rocky? It's correct, Ben, Rogers.
Speaker 3: And with that he will be meeting everyone outside the Love Sign here at Choctaw.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget the.
Speaker 1: Time that KT played the Academy Awards game. He looked at all of Choctaw and he said, you know, Pelicans have a throat pouch, have a good week, and everybody Chris team is playing some tunes. Next here on the Eagle, here are you going.
Speaker 2: You're I'm gonna get my sack back, dude, All aright.