Speaker 1: You are listening to video games to the max. Hello, and welcome to the promised Nintendo switch to Direct discussion. And it's such a big deal that we we are. We brought in mister Randy is Bill for this one exactly, and also Mark Morrison is here as well. I'm your host, Sean Garmer. As usual, we did do a regular episode since we were gone for the supposed to be two weeks, but it wound up being three weeks, so you could find that on YouTube or on the feeds as well. We talked all the news from this week and then kind of caught up on some of the big stuff that we missed. So yeah, for sure we will be talking all things Nintendo switch to on this abbreviated episode here. Hopefully all y'all watched that thing. If you haven't, I would definitely recommend going to see it. It's an hour worth your time. Even though some of the important information was left off all of the Yeah, that direct. I wonder it's because they didn't want to deliver any bad news at all. What did you guys say? Mark? What'd you think about the direct in general?
Speaker 2: I don't think it was particularly great, and I think that's kind of echoed with a lot of people on my Twitter feed, but this is it or you know, some stuff look good, but some of their stuff they introduced was like what, like, you're really doing this when other companies have tried and failed or don't care anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's also it was very interesting, like some of the games that we thought we're gonna the major one we thought was going to be here, right is not here. No three D Mario, and still we got a three D Donkey Kong, which kind of solidifies the whole. You know, they've really made a big deal about Donkey Kong this year with the him being added to the Nintendo Switch World and all that stuff. So I think that kind of makes sense in a.
Speaker 2: Way until they've had the Donkey Kong wrapped version two point Oh I'm that interested.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, what do you think, Randy, I guess of the of the whole thing in general?
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, honestly that we're going to get into discussions about about the negatives that we're in there. But I'm more positive on it than Mark was. Yes, a lot of the stuff that they showed is not stuff that I'm ever going to use and that's for the most part for the Internet people. But you have to remember the large base of people that played the Switch, most of them are not going to even watch that direct and they're going to absolutely love that that video set up and the chat functions and stuff. My sister is in town and she has three daughters, and I can guarantee you if we both end up with a switch to at some point, that's going to be a great way for them to stay in touch and communicate if it works like it did, and they're not gonna worry about frame rate and they're not gonna worry about any of that, So that kind of stuff works great for the casual person. And again, I really think that they did a really good job of showing that hey, you know, third party companies actually want to work with us again. And it turns out to be a pretty good launch lineup for them, mostly because of the third party games that are going to be on it. So it's not a slam dunk, you know, Grand Slam kind of a direct or a launch for the Switch too. But all in all, I think they hit the key points that will get people excited, and as you said, they hit the stuff that will make people less excited overall. The directors fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah for me, I think you know, there wasn't the Fall Fancy Niner remake that I was hoping you would get after they Jesus with the website. But on the direct yeah, that Bravy Default First Fairy remaster. They knew what they were doing there.
Speaker 3: Yes, you were not the only one that during.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, I was good. I was happy to hear that Ben Hanson also thought the same thing. I was like, Okay, I wasn't the only one. But honestly, it's I think the docor Kong game looks great as a being a Doc Kong fan, I was kind of happy to see that that he is going to get his own game and it looks really fun. He's just going to destroy stuff, you know, and I don't think you can go wrong with that at all. The some of the things that they showed with the the switch that are going to be like, you know, big features. I don't really care about the chat thing unless I I'm happy to be using games Share, which with something that we talked about we're going to talk about we might be using a lot more of maybe. But it is interesting that intendo finally decided to like basically bring out their own version of Discord to have on your switch, and then you can watch all your friends for at a time play other games also, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: In beautiful ten frames a second, well.
Speaker 1: Ten frames a second exactly.
Speaker 3: That might be generous.
Speaker 2: Let's let's yeah be honest here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder how bad that's gonna bug out for people, or people are just gonna get knocked off constantly playing that, Yeah, because I imagine it's not going to run anywhere near as great as they're trying to say.
Speaker 2: Trailer.
Speaker 3: So no, And honestly, was it mid Max that I was watching that? I think we said that is like give them kudos for not hiding the fact that those those other screens do not run at a fantastic frame rate. They didn't try to hide it or or fake the video like we've seen in a lot of other things. Hey, this is exactly what you're gonna get, so don't expect anything else.
Speaker 1: Like sometimes it's gonna work, sometimes it might not work at all.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's a screenshot of what Sean is playing, and then.
Speaker 2: You got you guys gonna per order that cameractly.
Speaker 1: No, especially because you don't need it. You can hook up any USBC camera that you want to appear, so I could tell if I use the camera I'm using right.
Speaker 2: Now, what it won't have Nintendo Brandon.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I'm pretty sure that camera is not great. It's like the fact that they're even charging fifty bucks for that. It's probably not what that cost, you know. But I mean, they did introduce that they're gonna have like the games share things, so you can technically share your games. I guess some to what you do already mark on the PlayStation.
Speaker 2: So I'm just going to log in every fourteen days, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah you do, But I mean you can technically finish the game in that time.
Speaker 3: So I wondered if they will just rent it at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which I feel like we're going to be doing a lot of because one of the things that they I guess I should mention that the first thing they did not talk about is the price of the system, which is four hundred and forty nine dollars for the base system. If you get to pack it with Mario Kart World, it is five hundred dollars. If you buy Mario Kart World separately, it is eighty dollars digitally and ninety dollars physically. There will be other games like Doctygong apparently is seventy dollars, So it's kind of the same thing they've already been doing, where some things will get the premium price of eighty and some will get the not so premium I guess some seventy, which is still pretty high. How much stickers do you have now of this is what games are gonna cost.
Speaker 3: Scary, It's scary. It's more scary now that I can guarantee you it is almost locked that Grand Theft Auto six will be, especially after this direct It.
Speaker 2: Won't be a hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: I mean it might be eighty, but no, they're gonna go look what the car? What Mario could We're better than Mario.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind of the lux edition that's gonna cost one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that'll be That'll be for sure. But I just mean will be seven years.
Speaker 1: I don't yeah, I mean I definitely think g t A six will will know you know, two K will definitely or sorry, take two will definitely go out there and charge at least eighty base for it now because Nintendo has basically told you, yeah, it's cool, you could do that.
Speaker 3: I guess we should say if all of this goes flying off the shlves as we expect it to, then then they will. But if all of a sudden, like Nintendo is struggling to sell Mario Kart because it's eighty dollars, then then maybe that'll little scare things we expect Mario Kart to find.
Speaker 1: I Mario Kart and I and Mario carl Is gonna have a problem with selling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they know what they're doing because they know that's the game that will sell and then he won't buy. They may not buy another game, but they will buy that.
Speaker 3: They know people are going to complain and complain and complain while they reached and grab their wallet and hand out that eighty.
Speaker 2: Buck or to just wait until like Christmas or like the you know, the Junior July sale and it's by crap, then.
Speaker 1: That's seventy goes on sale.
Speaker 2: I mean I bought I just bought Mario RPG for twenty bucks at Game Stop New.
Speaker 1: Right, But that's physical I'm talking about. If you buy your stuff digital. It's never going still.
Speaker 2: They knocked off twenty bucks, so it's be forty I mean currently, so I can done at sixty.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, they'll knock it down to yeah, sixty or seventy or be like, oh yeah, it's at the budget price of sixty five dollars, like what they usually do. So, like their big sale is the game is forty five. Yeah, and you should be happy about it, you know. So, yeah, it is. It's obvious that this is why Donkey Kong is not eighty. Right. They don't want to, you know, cut that game off at the knees, right, So they chose Mario Kart because they know that that is the highest selling game on the Switch one, and it's gonna be the packing title, so you can get it cheaper and then you can have your sticker shock later when we have the the three D, the actual new three D Mario or whatever.
Speaker 2: Are you guys going to get the pack in or not?
Speaker 1: I feel like you have to no, right, Like, who doesn't want to save thirty bucks on that game?
Speaker 2: I mean that assumes you want the game, and I'm kind of indifferent towards it, you know it.
Speaker 1: I mean I will say the game looks great, like, I mean, I don't know about the free roaming stuff right like that.
Speaker 2: That's the question is, like you can free Rome, and my question is why is there anything to do.
Speaker 3: Or that there's going to be secrets that are showing costumes and stuff that you can get. I'm sure some of those are hidden. I'm sure they're getting characters that are going to be throughout that whole world that you can unline.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, No, I mean I think they know better, Like they know that they can't just make a barren, open world that has nothing for you to go find when you're free roaming, like you know, they have to provide you with reasons as to why you need to go out there, aside fam just going to the next track right right, like uh, I mean for the Horizon five is out there to basically take all the notes from on why that game is successful.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure a lot of people will go into free Rome and make up their own races, come up with with goofy tracks with friends and stuff, so there's plenty of reasons for their different Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great thing because they can also add on to it. Yeah, right, Like, that's definitely something they could put DLC. It gives you more things to do as they learn from what people go and do with the Free Road League and things like that. So like I think that that's a it's a I mean, what else was there for them to do with Mario Kart at this point?
Speaker 3: How could be really useful in Free Rome?
Speaker 1: So now that's true.
Speaker 3: That's this is the perfect game to bring it back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I mean, what what do you guys think of the I guess you know with all these the features that they they kind of showed off with this, which you could see obviously with some of these games. The screen is seven point nine inches, so almost eight inches. One hundred goes up to one hundred and twenty fps even in handheld, but it does drop down to seven to twenty if you do. But it does go to ten ADP sixty on handheld, and then obviously you can go up to four K with the dock. It has a fan inside the dock that keeps the system cool. Uh So that kind of stuff probably needs it, Yeah for sure. Uh, I mean I was happy with that. Like I did not think that they would do the ten eighty screen with sixty fps. So for me, that's already they have justified at least the four hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought they speck wise. I thought they nailed it as far as an upgrade, uh to the original switch. So that's exactly what you want to things to upgrade and and and get better. It's it's not ever going to be on par with where Microsoft and Tony is at the moment, but yeah, I thought they they closed the gap with a lot of the stuff that they so very happy with what they did there.
Speaker 1: If you know the screen, Yeah, well that helps you that like, yeah, two three years.
Speaker 3: You know, anybody that thought the old head was going to be a launch thing, as I understand that Nintendo has proven and proved thirty seven times in this direct that they are not afraid of making money. They know what they're doing to get the money out of your pocket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they've done it for such a long time where they do all these refreshes of console. You know, well, it's.
Speaker 3: Creating a game to show you off all the new cool stuff for the switch, and it's kind of like an instruction to everything on the switch too, And it's everyone that I watched went oh cool, it's their version Astrobat and then they went, oh, yeah, you have to pay for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was cool.
Speaker 1: That was something else. Man, How are you going to introduce this welcome Tour game and then tell me that I got to pay for it? And I wouldn't be surprised if they charged twenty bucks for it too.
Speaker 2: No, I'm only twenty. It's seventy or sixty.
Speaker 1: Come on, no, I mean what, there's nothing gamified about that game. It's literally just.
Speaker 2: What it was like many games in it in it I'll be I'll be more. It'll be more funny when they introduce like the Ola Twitch and they have to like release a version two point zero of that.
Speaker 1: Thing, like yeah, hey, uh. The fact that Nintendo didn't even do like a trailer, like they didn't even show like they have not put that into e trailer by itself because they know it's Hey, at least we know that we got the game cube for Switch online, so you know it's.
Speaker 3: A good improving. I mean, obviously it's only three games to start, but like all of the other ones, it just is a slow trickle stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do have fun because I again, I rarely play my switch. My daughter plays mine mostly and my son does his own stuff with his. But I do have fun every like three or four months just getting on those virtual console lists and just seeing what was new. It makes it feel like a lot has happen because just because I only check every few every week or whatever. Yeah, it's a It's another system that they can start throwing in there, and and in a couple of years hopefully we got a good collection of that.
Speaker 1: Are you disappointed that you're not getting the h TV masters now because they're doing this?
Speaker 2: Or I think what people it's what people you know remember, it's more in line with their memory of it. So sure, I'm p you can't just buy it outright? Or just can't you know, I want to buy TV radio. I just can't do it how you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't. I don't understand what the big deal is with them of like, why can't you do what somebody does with their PS classics right where they are available in the in the subscription, but you can also buy them separately. Yeah, I don't understand. Are you that worried that no one will subscribe to your thing if you let them buy the games outright?
Speaker 3: Like as we know, with any of these technologies or description services or anything like that, Nintendo is ten years behind.
Speaker 1: So they have but they already had that with the virtual console. They literally just have to make that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. At the moment that we went away, they went, oh, now you can buy them all again to be great. Everyone's gonna love it, and everyone went no, no, I did it once.
Speaker 1: Do you guys think the I should have mentioned this when I talk about the price. Do you got think the price is fair?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Four fifty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was predicting four were to be lower. Yeah, I predicted slightly lower, but I thought it was going to be like four fifties, not out of the realm thing. I think that is a suitable price, especially because with the Mario Kart being five hundred and like Mark was saying, most people are going to go for that one anyways, because they want Mario Kart five hundred with an eighty dollars game.
Speaker 2: I'm split. Like the console itself, the price is fine, but the game price that's the crazy thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for me, it's I don't really care about the price because that's a one time thing, and it being four fifty is still less than we paid for PlayStations and xboxes, you know, and they definitely have shown you that it was worth as far as like the specs of what the system could do, it is worth the upgrade, right if you're into that, as far as like getting your games in four K and and all that stuff, and then the fact that you're not, it doesn't look like there's gonna be. There's gonna be updates to several games, including like Pokemon's Call and Violet. I think Odyssey is getting an update. Even some smaller stuff like the game garage and whatnot, are getting like free updates that will like improve the game. But a lot of as we saw right brought the Volunteers of Kingdom. You have to buy a switch to edition with which they did not give you the price.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm so wad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like what is the upgrade path? Are we talking about the ten dollars that you pay for on PlayStation side? Are we talking about more? Right?
Speaker 2: I don't know. This cycle makes me think that like if a Wata was still alive, this thing would be lower, either the price of the splitch to would be lower or the game to be regular priced.
Speaker 1: I think that has more to do with the politics than it does them actually wanting to raise the price. I think it's them basically trying to avoid having to do a price increase later when you have already gotten accustomed to okay, this is what the games are going to do. Now you automatically know when you buy this system, Okay, be prepared. The games are more expensive now, so you know that going in instead of oh, it's been a year with this and now you're going to jump up the price to eighty like.
Speaker 3: But again I bring back the point that Nintendo is and this is not a knock or anything. It's more for actual fans, and that's why it sold a bajillion systems and stuff. So the fact that they did not put any of that information and we still don't know how much the upgrades are going to cost, the fact that they hit that stuff into the internet where gamers like us that that scour stuff to get answers, and we watch other people that will will give us those answers. We know that Mario Kart's going to be eighty bucks. There are a lot of people like my brother in law included, that watched that event and then went but how much is the switch and then I told him and then he asked, and I go, but you won't even believe what the game is going to cost you, and he was shocked by that. Again, they're not going to go out and try to find that answer. So when the switch comes out, they're going to go, wait what And then from then on, the President has been said, I just wish that they would have put this stuff in it, just just own it, like PlayStation and Xbox have both had really high priced systems. Look at the PIS five throw that. The price of that was brutal, but they owned it, own this stuff and not just put it in the little baby text of Oh, by the way, this game you thought should be a packing game, it has to cost you money and then everything else we're just not going to tell you. And then when we drip feed it on our little app thinger and then you'll forget about it.
Speaker 2: It was really weird when the developer, like the third party guys were talking and they're like, oh, it'll be released this day, or it'll be like this game is coming up the day of the Switch to release, and it's like, why didn't I mean, I don't know when they've sown those things.
Speaker 1: They because they wanted to do their special part in the thing where they said, okay, the switch who comes out June fifth son, and I don't know.
Speaker 2: At the front, not at the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's what I'm thinking. Maybe things got that got switched around where they were going to show the date and stuff at the end, So then like they wanted to build it up, build it up, and then I don't know why they ended up showing it again when at the end you don't have a price or anything. I don't understand why. At what the fifteen to twenty minute mark, you're like, all right, here's a date. Now, here's forty more minutes of this stuff, and then you're thinking, all right, at the end, that's when we're going to get if there's other skews or how much money things are going to cost. So it was interesting that they put the date where they did. And then I again, as Mark said, then you got all these third party people going oh, yeah, when the switch comes out, our game's out. Like that felt like it was going to be this big build up. It's like, oh, yeah, the longshot is going to be great, but when and then you find out it's in June and then then you get really excited. Some interesting Nintendo choices is what you're always going to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. Speaking of Nintendo choices, they showed off this It looked like it's from the Arms team called Dragon Drive with like a wheelchair basketball. Essentially, they want you to use the mouse controls. Yes, how much are you going to use these mouse controls?
Speaker 2: Because who cares for this game?
Speaker 1: Apparently you have to.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but people are gonna play this game for like five minutes and then either get tired or get bored and then you know, deleted or around their life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for me, the most mouse support I'm gonna give, at least from the games that we've seen, and of course is Mario Party. And that's just because they've thrown some of that stuff. I will I will say real quick that I did find that trailer really funny because again, as a fan of Maximilian dude, he does his uh pre stream bets where he'll give out free subs or whatever, and he went, all right, we're gonna get the sequel to Arms. It's gonna be called Legs. And then instead of called Legs, it was a game where you can't use your legs and yet that worked out pretty well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was That's funny. Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I feel like the mouse control it's a good thing because it does allow you allow them to port I think games that maybe they couldn't in the past, or or like they showed with like SIB seven, Right, you can use the mouse control so it feels more natural. I mean before that you couldn't.
Speaker 2: Like seven is already on consoles, though it's not like it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Now you can do the whole mouse thing where it feels better on PC. I'm still hooked on Blatro, but I would wouldn't mind having it where I have mouse support so I can move things around. Because sometimes I.
Speaker 1: Think it's great for uh they showed a Metro Prime four you can use it, and I think that's great for shooters, like when you bring Call of Duty over people that love to use mass controls. You know, that makes it easier for you to use that way. So I think it has its purpose. It is the like one thing that makes it different than Switch one, other than the graphical announcements. So I want to see more more games that maybe it's an option and perhaps makes the game flow better, don't. I don't want to see a lot of games like Drag and Drive where it's forced on you because I didn't want to use the Wei waggle when I had to use the we waggle, and I don't want to be forced to do that with this either, And.
Speaker 3: That's fair having it as an option, I think in some games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think for the most part, they kind of there was like, I did not expect that the game you're going to show before Donkey Kong, your your other big tas is Kirby air Ride too. Obviously it's the Sacara, It's the you know, Soccarai game that he's been working on that's not Smash. But I was like, all right, I did not expect that. I didn't put that on the Bengo card at all, any of either one of you fans of Kirby ear Rider, I want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: That happened right before Kirby though I'm not a big fan of from Soft Games, But what in the world that I think that was the biggest shock of the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, but that's more like Night Rain. Yeah, Yeah, I think a lot of people were very, very excited for that game. As soon as they found out that it was pvpv E, they weren't that excited about it. Yeah, because it's very much like it's night Rain, it's another night Rain essentially.
Speaker 3: The fact that a from Soft game is it exclusive on the Switch?
Speaker 1: No, No, that is huge. That is huge, no doubt, no doubt. I think there's gonna be It's just like like what you said, this is gonna be a game that a lot of people are gonna buy because it says from Soft on it, and they're gonna have no idea that it's a it's a multiplayer game, and they're gonna go, oh, shoot, okay, well I bought it, so I guess you know. But it is being uh the night Rate is not being made by Miyazaki at all. This one actually has Miyazaki's hand, so maybe there's gonna be more stuff in it than you know, Night Rain. Or you said Yen's turned on it, Mark, But like, are you interested in it it all or no?
Speaker 2: Because it sounds like you have to like you have to beat up there their players to get to the boss, and it's like, I don't I'm not competitive a guy. I don't really care that much so I'd rather just beat up on the boss itself, not you know, a bunch of idiots.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean it's interesting in a way that like, you know, Live Service has become this thing of like almost a lot of the games are kind of samey, right, Like at least they're trying to do something different with the you know, the multiplayer games. So if this kind of helps Benninamco and from Soft by extension be able to kind of make other games, then you're.
Speaker 2: Not a small company. It's not they're hurting for money or you know.
Speaker 1: But everybody wants that cascal that they can just keep updating and you know, doing stuff with. And this technically has like I guess you're a vampire in this game, and you know, it does have a feels like a different premise than say elden Ring did. So I mean for Nintendo, this is huge, like Randy was saying, like to get probably one of the most if not the most popular developer outside of the Nintendo themselves to make an exclusive game for you Like, what does that say?
Speaker 3: You know how it's like Nintendo of old at that point, because how long has this been since we're third parties in Nintendo just haven't ever gotten along like that. It's always been all right, well we'll do a sad part to the Little Brother.
Speaker 2: I mean that'll be two years from now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean are they also did an that we're getting gelded a ring on.
Speaker 2: I mean that's a whole bunch of old games coming to the switch too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, remakers coming to switch to which I'm sure Rebirth will come.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The fact that that was announced before Xbox was able to have it was pretty wild on top of it. Yes, And I made the joke to de Seawan like throughout the day that I've always felt like the switch to had we U vibes again, not that it was going to sell like the Weu. I think it's going to be very success, but it has just a small iteration on a highly successful system for this as the mouse controls. The other one was the very plastic key tablet, which ended up, you know, made the switch goes bonkers, and then you just get a bunch of ports of games that you just go, what what yakas is going to be on Nintendo now? And we're going way back then it is again looking over at my Wiu games and like Watchdogs is on that thing, and Mass Effect three was thrown on that that system, and you just get the weirdest ports of games and that's kind of what we was. And they spent a lot of time on on games that made me go, oh, interesting, that's gonna end up on a Nintendo now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Even the Silk Song was shown in a It was like, man, people have been waiting for this game to get shown off, and this is.
Speaker 2: Where you put it on the actual date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like Delta Roode chapter three and four got revealed on this thing, which is like, Okay, that's huge for people because there's a lot of people that are you know, Undertail is a huge cult game, and you know people have been waiting for these next chapters in you know, Toby Fox's next thing in Delta Rune and that coming on Switch To is is a big deal in the release of Switched to exactly, it's a game. So you know, I was surprised the x Xbox didn't have a bigger showing on this then you know, I would have thought, yeah, I would have thought maybe Call of Duty would have shown up on Hereford. Yeah, it was great getting to show off the Borderlands four is going to be on.
Speaker 2: Hey, at least you got your to for like five seconds and that was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Haities two is going to be on Switch. It's the only console it's on right now, which I mean it does follow the trend, right it was on PC and Switch and then it came to the other consoles. You know, I guess it's going down the same route.
Speaker 3: But how about that one game that that was so good that it broke the stream, Survival Kids, Yes, all over the internet. That screenshot of where it froze on the Nintendo of America. Yeah, two pages like this one screenshot is going to be remembered.
Speaker 1: For years exactly.
Speaker 2: It's just there was like no game.
Speaker 1: No, they did show Star Wars Outlaws for like five seconds.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're right, but no new Ubisoft game. Let's say that. Then they're normally pretty pretty with it's Nintendo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the I mean all the sports games were I mean, the only new one that's not been on there is w W t K is coming back. And then Madden was not on.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was shocked at Madden had not been on the Switch ever, I mean no.
Speaker 1: Ungraded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the Dreamcast of its era.
Speaker 1: Exactly. I mean, that's what this kind of felt like to me too. It's like Nintendo kind of doing a victory lap for itself of saying like, look at all the publishing partners that work with us. Now they introduced you know, new Blood. It's not the same people that have been doing those switch to rects previously. It's you know, it felt like younger people kind of leading this on throughout the Yeah, yeah, Zach, there's the answer. The Dungeon two which was cool, and now it's in three D, which was different. So are are you gonna go get this that launch? I guess is my question.
Speaker 2: I'll probably wait until a better bundle comes because I don't care about mart card at all.
Speaker 1: So what game would make you push the button?
Speaker 2: Donkey Kong, possibly Mario like three Mario, maybe Zelda or Fire Emblem. All right, fair enough in real in reality that uh, Ice Climbers, we.
Speaker 3: Need a new new Ice Tamers.
Speaker 1: For sure, You're not You're not getting to switch to editions of Tears of the Kingdom and the World.
Speaker 2: I don't like those games much to begin with.
Speaker 1: So no, Well, but now you can use the the app to voice with the guys.
Speaker 3: I forgot about the GPS. Oh man, the GPS. That that moment, just that one was really.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 3: I'm still I'm still unsure about getting it at launch. I know myself and I know I will probably break and get it. I also know my wife might break me if I get it. That might be my excuse. But that showed a lot. Obviously, Mari cart would be great, but again, my my switch Colex Duest. I know the kids would absolutely love it. So I got two months to do. I'm I'm on the.
Speaker 2: Fence right well, the prayer is open. I'll probably pre order it, I like some like Amazon, and then I'll really think about it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's my thing too. Is also, pre orders go live April ninth, by the way, so thank god they did not try to do it today. That's another reason. I think they did not put the price in the directess. They didn't want people thinking that there's pre orders happening like right now. So I think that that's that was another reason perhaps they didn't want to put that in other than delivering you know, negative news.
Speaker 2: What do you think of the physical thing, like the carts are basically worthless?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean now they're red for one instead of black, but they're the same size apparently. But now they have this like thing that essentially it feels like it's just made so that you can't mix. It harder for you to emulate, but it doesn't actually have the cart on there.
Speaker 2: Well the end of that, Yeah, like it's a mandatory download now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's essentially like you know when you get a special edition and you get the key code, it's like why right, So I feel like more people are going to go digital after they realize that you're not actually getting the physical card.
Speaker 3: With Honestly, I think that's kind of where they want on everyone to go. Anyways, that's why digital is cheaper than than physical, and that's why they were showing off that whole digital Kart deal and trying to fix the family plan set up that they had which they showed last week and stuff. It seems like Nintendo's basically went again not to get political, but with all the stuff that's going on, as I listen, if we're gonna get charged more to try to create this stuff and send it to a certain country, Nah, just buy it online. We don't want to send.
Speaker 2: Any of that stuff.
Speaker 1: It also felt like they were just like introducing you to stuff constantly in this thing, Like you know, you can't use the normal SD cards anymore. You got to use the Express SD cards. Although the system does have two hundred and fifty six gigs of memory. That's so it's better than the thirty.
Speaker 3: Times more than the nothing they had before before.
Speaker 1: You couldn't even fall like more than like one game. So at least, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I mean, you can get not there not to skip the Express one. You can get a thirty five twelve gigabyte micro SD car for thirty five bucks from Amazon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you gotta gets one now, So how much how much one does that go?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm saying, like like the storage and the you know, the internal storage isn't just some like hidden SD card like it's an actual like flag memory. But like she fifty six is incredibly small.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah for sure, But I think that's also like if you add more to it, they're gonna also have to charge you more for the system, so they I don't think they wanted to go full five hundred dollars just to put more memory in the system at launch, So it makes sense. I mean, it's better than uh it's still cheaper than the PS five and Nextbox option for a memory, so.
Speaker 2: You know, yes, but those systems also come with way more memory to begin with.
Speaker 1: So I mean, yeah, but you know, at least you can get most of your indie games in there or whatever. But you know, if you're bigger games, yeah, you're definitely going to have to start getting that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're gonna put call duty on this thing. You know, you know the hard drive as it is, or you know the storage as it is, so great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if that's the only game you play, then I guess you're good, you know, but for sure. Yeah, but I mean they were like constantly just between the game chat, between the D card, between the date, between the everything else is like, okay, you're going to do this and this and this and did you see the the actual how you do game sharing thing on the previous direct?
Speaker 3: Randy, Yeah, do I know how it works? No, I need the PlayStation version of it where they just hand the thing over it. This is how you share your game. But right at all, we don't have a family plan, so I don't know. I've heard that those that had it said it was really bad before and it just should improve it, but as somebody that's never messed with it, it just seemed complicated.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Is there like any game you wish was shown off that we didn't see in this?
Speaker 3: Oh, Mario just one hundred percent. I mean, I get why they wait, because again, their first party set, for the most part, is coming out in the first couple of months. But Mario Carter's a launch and Donkey Kong is what a month or two after it. I still have no idea when Metroid's coming out. I was dead set that that was a launch game until they showed it last week and switched one deal and still then put a date on them and barely showed it here other than you could use the mouse, so they got a lot of stuff. It's just I'm a Mario guy, so I'm excited for that. And then of course anytime they can bump up Mario party is totally fine with me.
Speaker 2: I'd like legitimate Star Fox game. I had one, since.
Speaker 3: There's one that is just it feels like a pipe dream at this point, a Star Fox or or I just had another one in my head. What F zero zero new?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: F zero is just tough? How about punch Out? Can we get a punch out, man. I know all the games are very racist, but we can make it out.
Speaker 1: I think the last one didn't do that hot one.
Speaker 2: That was kind of like that.
Speaker 1: The GameCube getting the F zero game kind of.
Speaker 2: Zero.
Speaker 1: Ever, hilarious that once again they have an indie version of an F zero game that's coming out. Just it's like the first for the first Switch they had that fast RMX or whatever they came out on launch as well. It's Nintendo's like cool with promoting another company using, you know, doing an zero game, but they won't do it themselves.
Speaker 3: So it's like I I will say to answer your question here right at the end, even though it's not something that I would really want. But something I was shocked was not part of this was no Mario Paint like game with the Again, I thought that was a slam dunk with the mouse feature. Maybe it's down the line, but I put that as a launch deal and.
Speaker 2: Or Mario Maker three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I expect that I want. I didn't know if that was gonna be a launch thing, but I do expect that in the life cycle of the Switch too. But yeah, I just thought some simple version of Mario Paint would have been just a perfect tie.
Speaker 2: In, even if it was just like Disness version of Mario Paint. Yeah, it's like, hey can use you can use the mouse and this that's gonna be like forty five bucks.
Speaker 3: That is fair. The one game I did think was a free packing game to make us pay for it. I should have known better. What about you? What it was something that you wish was on this thing?
Speaker 1: I mean, Mario is someone that I was just like, wow, really, we're really not going to show this here. I guess they're waiting for they they have that direct in June that they still have.
Speaker 3: To do and that should come out right after this comes out, and has it come out? What is the Odyssey team the ones that are making this Donkey Kong game? Because it looks I.
Speaker 1: Think that's the speculation, which we know how Nintendo is about They don't like to tell you who the developer is for their games, so until the game comes out, then you find out whatever. But that that's the whole idea, is that apparently it is Bonanza's being made by the Odyssey team because of how it looks. H you know, so you would assume that Mario is not I was surprised, Yeah, that there was no fire amblem as well, with as much as they always seemed to really push fireing them, that there wasn't some kind.
Speaker 2: Of fum I can see that being announced in June, like it's a more end of the year type of thing possibly or like early next year.
Speaker 3: I also, I would think that, like you got to think you got Mario Kart, and you got Donkey Kong and you have the Kirby Racing game. This year, you know, does do a good job of kind of spreading stuff out whenever Metrod comes out. So you gotta assume next year is when fire in them could happen, an animal crossing could happen, Like a lot of people. That's the one thing I know is everyone's like, oh, where's this, Where's that? Where's that? Like they're not gonna like unload everything.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna show games or whatever and be like here you go.
Speaker 3: I'm we got spoiled with the switch because they showed Zelda and Mario, but those were released what seven eight months apart.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was all about the launch window and they had one huge game every month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they needed to nail that one because they were coming off Tou they didn't have to nail this one because the Switch is so successful, so I think they.
Speaker 1: Cart World people are going to be playing that thing like forever, so they're good. They you know, people will will buy that game and be fine until DONC and Kong comes out or whatever. So I mean, like right now, this is the actual lineup for launch, unless they we have other third parties that announced that they are. But it's like the Bavery Default, HCUI Master SIP seven which is already out, but it's going to get a switch to edition. Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven Ultimate Edition, the Complete version of Delta Rune Fortnite, which obviously got to have that fast Fusion game, which is the game I mentioned, is like f Zero, Kanitsu Goami, Paths of the Goddess, hit Man, World of Assassin Nation Senature Edition, hard Words Legacy, which already exists on the Switch, is gonna have a switch to version. Mario Kart World Nintendo Switch to Welcome Tour, the Tetris two s which I'm sure Mark is excited about, Street Fight or six, that Room Factor game, No Monaga's Ambition, Survival Kids, Split Fiction, the two Zelda switch to editions and Your Cause Kuza zero Director's Cut, which has new new cut scenes. Yeah, so I guess that's now the official best version of you Quz zero. I'm sure that's coming to other consoles.
Speaker 2: I thought it was really interesting. There's a whole bunch of Switch games that aren't compatible yet. Yeah, that too, right, like some like and the ones and the ones that you would expect would be on the list aren't. Like, I don't think Labbo will be compatible with this thing, definitely.
Speaker 1: I think that would pretty much to them admitting that it will not be.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think ring Fit will be either, but like.
Speaker 1: The gotta make another ring Fit man or have a.
Speaker 2: Rocket League, Like why isn't that compatible? Or you know, what's the deal.
Speaker 1: Because they want you to buy Dragon Drive. That's right? No, but is anybody was anybody kind of surprised that essentially it looks like there's not going to be like a game boost kind of thing with your Switch one games.
Speaker 3: No, you expect too much from Nintendo at that point.
Speaker 2: I think when once moners get a hold of it and they correct that thing open, there will.
Speaker 1: Be I wouldn't be surprised of like the DLSS that's supposedly in this thing, we'll make it to where your Switch one games have like a decent frame rate or whatever, but they will not like automatically get boosted to run sixty fps or whatever. That's what the switch to edition is for. I also think that there's probably either you're going to get free updates for some of those games, or there's more switch To editions that they haven't announced yet that are going to happen eventually. I predictions on the price for that or you think they're gonna need ten dollars? Do you think they're gonna be more?
Speaker 3: Oh? Ten? But I'm gonna predict twenty, especially for like the Kirby and the Mario Party where they added a lot of stuff. I think that's what they're going to use that as a a a reasoning to base basically make it like a DLC. So I'll say twenty.
Speaker 2: I think there'll be one hundred for that Zelda thing, the Zelda GPS.
Speaker 3: I would I would spend one hundred dollars on that if like different Nintendo characters were thrown in as the voice vps, Yeah, Mario or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised that eventually they add more to that, whether you have.
Speaker 3: I need I need Warrio telling me where to.
Speaker 1: Go, and yeah, that would be great. I would love it. But yeah, that's it. We know it's coming June. Fit pre orders April nine and fifty bucks or five hundred if you want to get the whole thing. Your Pro Controller two is going to cost eighty dollars. Your any joy cons you buy are going to cost ninety dollars. The camera is fifty bucks, you want that, and if you want to get the doc it's one hundred and ten. So get ready to spend some money. Aside from just buying the console. You're going to be spending what probably like double that if you want, Man, I want that pro controller that that pro controller too looks so good.
Speaker 2: I mean, did they say it the old one would work?
Speaker 1: They did say that the old one does work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't care about the sea button. Yeah, and I don't care about the back buttons either.
Speaker 3: I think that was the main thing, was the back button.
Speaker 1: You could get the GameCube controller.
Speaker 2: Too, you know, so everyone's favorite right as worst controller, even.
Speaker 1: Though that's locked too. You have to be a switch online right member or whatever to go buy it, but uh, they do allow you to pre register your interest in whichever one you want to buy, whether it's the packing or the regular edition. So I don't know if that means that they're going to be doing uh where you can buy the game on the Nintendo website or the system on the Nintendo website as well aside from the stuff. So I guess go pre order, Go pre order your interest. You might get an email and who knows if you want to.
Speaker 2: Go buy it from Amazon though, or you know, because it won't charge me for two months.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with that. That's That's where I'm going to be aiming to hopefully buy it off of his Amazon. That's where I got I think my Xbox, the switch the I had to get the PS five through the direct but you know, it is what it is. I will be happy with whoever lets me buy the thing and have it lonched. I hope it's not going to be nuts, but I'm sure it will be.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I expected to break the internet.
Speaker 1: Hopefully they announced some times at some point and not just like oh, you got to stay up till like twelve in the morning and hope to god it doesn't release.
Speaker 2: I mean it'll be like it'll happened during the day. It'll be like, yeah, eleven am or whatever.
Speaker 1: Usually it's like ten am or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but all right, I mean next this time next week, I guess we'll know who got one?
Speaker 2: How about it? One?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right? But all right, thank you guys for being on this thing, and we'll be back on Monday for the regular show. See y'all later.