Speaker 1: Back on the Big One seven hundred WLW. It's twelve o eight. I'm Dan Carroll. One more day in for Bill Cunningham. So we rock and roll till three this afternoon. A lot going on with this show. In about a half an hour from now, I'll be talking to Sheriff Richard Jones of Butler County. I talked about him a little bit last week when he wasn't on the show and talked about the petition that is going on in Butler County right now to try to get Sheriff Jones to remove a sign from in front of his office. There's a sign out in front of the Butler County Sheriff's office that reads illegal aliens here, and some people in Butler County have their panties all in a wat about that. So we will talk to Richard Jones about that and some other items. And right now I don't know what those items will be, but it may have something to do with integration, So stick.
Speaker 2: Around for that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of immigration, we get an update on the border today from Todd Bensman of the Center for Immigration Studies, and there's a lot happening at the border. I mean, there's been so much news coming out of the White House and what Donald Trump has been doing, and.
Speaker 2: It's hard to keep up with it all.
Speaker 1: And what is happening at the border is that Mexico has sent ten thousand troops to the border. The cartels apparently do not like that. So we'll talk to Todd Bensman. I'll ask him about the possibility of the cartels frowning on the troops of Mexico being there at the border and what may happen as a result of that. And also I'm hearing a lot of stories about self deportation and things like that. So Todd Bensman, who there's no one better at covering the border than him. Bill Mlusion for Fox News does a great job too, But Todd Benson will be here in the one o'clock hour and then two of five. Daniel Greenfield, who is a great writer, had a website called front Page Magazine. We'll be here and uh he and then and then and this guy writes about so much. So one of the things he's written about recently and I mean today is there is, uh, I guess, an escalating war of words between Donald Trump and the Pope right now, and the Pope has said a lot of things in recent days aimed at Trump and the Trump administration, and the latest one today is that Pope Francis has issued a major rebuke against the Trump administration and their mass deportations. Well, well that was actually I'm looking at the wrong story. That was actually from or No, actually this is today. But not only is he upset about the deportations, he's also set upset about the USA.
Speaker 2: I D right, the U s A.
Speaker 3: I D.
Speaker 1: The organization that is paying for the transsexual surgeries, the organization that is paying for the LGBTQ operas, the organization that is paying for so much craziness like we have, like we've never seen before. And when I talked to brad Winstrop yesterday and I said, I said, did you have an idea? I think we've always had an idea that the government is spending ntold, untold amounts of money on things that the average person would find completely ridiculous. And brad Winsterp admitted that he had a sense that this was going on, but to the extent it's been uncovered and been published so far by the dot, No, you know, he didn't know. He didn't know, and neither did we. But the Vatican is talking about the US plan to gut us AID, and they're talking about I think they may have already done it, but they are cutting out. It turns out there are fourteen thousand employees of USAID and they're cutting that down to just under three hundred, which I think is a pretty good example on the face of it of the amount of fat and the amount of sluggishness that I mean, And really that's probably the most benign part of what was going on with USAID. But the Vatican's charity said that the plans to got UASAID were reckless and could kill millions. So this came from the point man of Pope Francis on this, and this is Cardinal Michael Zernie, a checkborn Canadian Jesuit, one of the cardinals most closely associated.
Speaker 2: With the Pope.
Speaker 1: He heads the Vatican Office for Responsible the Vatican Office that is responsible for migrants, the environment, and the Church's Internet, national charity and development. And he said that millions of people could die because well, now this decision to stop USA funding is reckless and we don't have a final dispensation on this yet. What is happening right now. Is I believe that all these spending items, all these different things that money is being spent on out of USA today or not USA today, but USAID, all these things are being evaluate and I don't think all of them are going to wind up going away. Marco Rubio, the Secretary of State, has taken over USAID, fired a whole bunch of people. It's going to bring it into the State Department. And then it doesn't mean that there is going to be an end to aid that America sends to other countries. It's just going to be done in a lot more fiscally responsible way. And isn't that what we want instead of throwing down and throwing away a few million here, a few hundred thousand there, like the number for the Fauci exhibit at the NIH Museum, which I believe was only one hundred and eighteen thousand dollars. But still, do taxpayers need to be on a hook for an exhibit that celebrates Anthony Fauci at the Museum of the National Institutes of Health.
Speaker 2: Do we really need that?
Speaker 1: I think reasonable people can look at that sort of thing and decide we don't need that. And so now you've got the Vatican, coming after Trump and the Trump administration telling them not to gut this organization, millions of people could die well. Daniel Greenfield writes in Front Page magazine that what they're really concerned about is the budget of Catholic relief and all these different organizations that operate under Catholic charities, these different NGOs, USA AID or USAID's apparently responsible for fifty to sixty percent of their budget. And I think that sheds an important light on this about why they're trying to tell Trump and the Trump administration about why this is so irresponsible. So you couple that with what the Pope said about the administration and this idea of mass deportation, and again, we're going to talk to you. I mean, it's I mean, you see how all these things are connected. But we're going to talk to the Center for Immigration Studies about this and Todd Bensman, and we're going to talk about these master portations. I probably asked Richard Jones about it too, because I know he's all in favor of it. But I find it rich that the Pope is the one who is talking about the deportations and how this hurts people's dignity. So here's what the Pope said. He said the Trump administration's mass deportations of migrants, that this is a major problem, warning at the program to forcefully the port people purely because of their illegal status deprives them of their inherent dignity and will end badly. Francis took the step of addressing the US microcatdown in a letter to the Bishops to US bishops who have criticized the expulsion as harming the most vulnerable history's first Latin American. Pope Is long made caring for migrants a priority of his pontificate, demanding the countries welcome, protect, promote, and integrate those fleeing conflicts, poverty, and climate disasters. So the Pope sits there at the Vatican and says that all these other countries need to do these things.
Speaker 2: So you would think that.
Speaker 1: Someone like the Pope might want to lead by example, you would think, and the article, you know, I mean, all the of this reporting has been out there before about what goes on at the Vatican. And in case you haven't been brought up to speed on this, the Vatican, Vatican City, the best known as the spiritual and administrative heart of the Roman Catholic Church is a unique sovereign state governed by its own civil laws. Despite the small size and population, the city state is really seriously safeguarded from both physically and legally, under a set of stringent regulations that define its borders, citizenship, and residency. Encircled by the imposing Leo nine walls, the Vatican City's borders stretch approximately three point two kilometers, marking the boundary between the state and Italy. These walls date back to the ninth century. They rise up fourteen meters high, serve as a formidable defense of the world's smallest independent nation. The Vaticans military may be modest, but it's not without But it is not without defense. The Swiss Guard has one hundred and four soldiers. It is one of the smallest but most iconic armies in the world. Armed with modern fire firearms, these guards are responsible for protecting the Pope and the Vatican borders. Alongside them one hundred and thirty strong Vatican and international or internal security that maintain public order.
Speaker 2: Let's see Vatican citizenhip.
Speaker 1: Citizenship is a rare status, tightly controlled, highly coveted. According to official records, only six hundred eighteen individuals hold Vatican citizenship, making it the most exclusive in the world. Even fewer just sixty four possessed the state's official passport. The majority of the citizens do not reside within the Vatican walls, but are instead dispersed globally, often on diplomatic service. Only two hundred and sixty four people actually live within the Vatican. In May of twenty three, Pope Fancs have proven a new fundamental law for Vatican City, reinforcing stript their strict criteria for citizenship and residency. The law stipulates Vatican citizens residing in the state and individuals whose roles are essential to the Vatican. Functions are granted under type conditions and can be revoked at any time. Marriage and family ties offer no guarantee for continued residency. The Vatican's approach to immigration and access is one of the strictest in Europe, reflecting its need to safeguard a small population, so they have very strict rules.
Speaker 2: A fourteen meter high wall around the Vatican.
Speaker 1: And the Pope sits there and wants to criticize Trump for trying to protect his country, for trying to protect his American citizens, do you think the Pope do you think the Pope hates people who want to get into the Vatican, maybe live there, maybe enjoy some of the largest that the attain has to offer. I don't think the Pope hates those people, but he's not going to let him in. They've got very very strict rules there. But yet when we want to instrict some or put on some strict rules ourselves, well, the Pope frowns on it. So the Pope and Trump are apparently not on good footing right now. And I'll talk to Daniel Greenfield about that in the two o'clock hour. And the thing is that, you know, the farther we get away from the Biden administration, the more we are finding out about what really went on. And one of the things, and how many times did we say this that Joe Biden was on a particular drug cocktail whenever he would have an appearance on television or he had to be lucid for an hour or an hour and a half.
Speaker 4: Or two hours.
Speaker 1: Well, now there is a Democrat donor that says Biden was doped up before campaign events. Former Democrat donor turned to mega supporter Lindy Lee dropped more details about Biden and her former party shenanigans during the twenty four election. Lee has been eager to spill on all things about the delusions that engulfed the Democrats to the point where some thought they could win Iowa. More than two billion dollars was raised and blown on Kamala Harris's campaign for the White House. After some expenditures were made public, some mega donors warned that they would never write a check again. Lee says that after Joe Biden's disastrous CNN debate that Hunter Biden commandeered the White House and sat in on sensitive meetings without a security clearance. That's who was basically running the show. Hunter Biden basically batten down the hatches and made sure his father would only receive intel pre approved. There's more. You remember how we joked that Biden was dropped or doped up for campaign events and that this was really Obama's third term. She says that it's all true. So this is this is you see and you've seen this gallon TV before. Lindi Lee major major Democrat bun lerned donor. So much money flowed through her and she was so upset after the way Kamala Harris treated the money that she was made available to or was made available to her, that she started dropping dime on the Democrats. So while we were joking that Joe Biden was getting drugged up before all these events, and there was a couple of events where they probably didn't have the right mix, didn't have the right cocktail, and how bad he looked and how poorly he performed, Well, it turns out now according to this major donor, Lindy Lee, that all this was going on and it was Hunter Biden who was running the White How many times did we sit here and ask who's running the White House, who's in charge, who's calling the shots? Well, we found out a couple of months ago that it was some junior staffers along with Hunter Biden, at least in the White House on the surface, behind the scenes, there are probably a few more hands involved that we still don't know all. I mean, we have our suspicions, but we may not yet know all the details of that. That is all yet to come. We got to get to a break. We got news coming up at the bottom of the hour, and then Sheriff Richard K. Jones will join us and we'll see what's on his mind as we roll on till three o'clock this afternoon. Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Back on the Big one nd WLW.
Speaker 1: Dan Carroll in for Bill Cunningham. Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones is standing by. We're going to get to him in just a second, but first I want to relate this bit of breaking news right here. The Department of Homeland Security is firing four staffers at FEMA, the Federal Emergency Management Administration or agency.
Speaker 2: Why why are they being fired?
Speaker 1: Well, we heard the breaking news yesterday that last week fifty nine million dollars was spent the how's illegal immigrants illegal aliens in New York City at luxury hotels. Well, the Trump administration and Christinome, the head of Department of Homeland Security, has responded, effective immediately, FEMA is terminating the employment of four individuals for circumventing leadership to unilaterally make egregious payments for luxury New York City hotels for it says, migrants here, but they're illegals. Firing includes the FEMA Chief Financial Officer, two program analysts, and a grant specialist under President Trump and Secretary of NOMES leadership Department of Homeland Security will not sit idly by and allow deep state activists to undermine the will and safety of the American people. And so that is what is happening right now. And Sheriff Jones, welcome again to seven hundred WLW. And so when we hear about fifty nine million dollars spent under the Trump administration the House illegals in New York City luxury hotels, and then one day later we find out that those individuals have been found out and they are fired. This is what the American people voted for. This is what the American people want. We do not want our taxpayer dollars wasted and thrown away like this. And when we find people who are doing it, we are holding them accountable.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Sheriff lesson fifty nine or sixty million dollars. Those four people, there's probably more people than just them. Hopefully they had enough time to cancel the check. But listen, when people they talk about illegal migrants or migrants, these people aren't migrants, they're illegal aliens. A migrant is somebody that migrated to this country legally. When you are an illegal alien, which is the court terminology. You sneak into the country and steal from us, steal our taxpayer money, steal our system, gain the system, the school system. Everything. Well, it's it's a terrible tragedy. And this is just the beginning, my friend, sixty million dollars, and there should be more people President Trump is talking about. You know, when you look at the people in the South with FEMA and they still live in tents, their little shacks, and it's our whole country is upside down. And then when we go in to do these raids, it's leaked by people in the.
Speaker 6: Deep State, leak it and they're.
Speaker 5: Going to cause some some police officers and law enforcement to be be killed because of this type of actions.
Speaker 1: Well, Sarah, how long how long did we go in this country where we had behavior like this? Uh, simply excused or the you know, the head might have been turned the other way. And those individuals who did stuff like this, you know, enjoyed a long and prosperous career working for the United States government or maybe they got a medal, and certainly, you know, their retirement wasn't endangered in any sort of way.
Speaker 2: But for too long.
Speaker 1: We just excuse this sort of behavior and went and we know, went about things as it was, you know, like business as usual.
Speaker 5: Well said they should lose their retirement and if not, be criminally charged. There's more than four. This is just the beginning. The whole systems upside down, and we're President Trump's only been in there, what twenty one twenty two days, and they're trying. It's like he's been there for a year. They're making out. And these people in these organizations, these federal organizations like the USAID, there's ten thousand people working there for crying out louds. There's thirty thousand working the Pentagon.
Speaker 6: Think about that.
Speaker 5: Thirty thousand people were more working the Pentagon the building itself.
Speaker 6: I don't know where the hell they put them all.
Speaker 5: We got to do so much whack and the cutting the education system, and these people that are instilled place, they're going to be fired and rooted out, all of them. Start all over. Every president when they come in, they change people out. President Trump didn't do it the first time. He learned a lesson this time. Got to get them all out of there, start all over, and we got to work on our damn deficit. People don't pay attention to that, but you're looking at trillions and trillions of wasted, unlawful money and these other countries. We got to start paying off our gat. Listen, paying your dead off is not a bad thing.
Speaker 6: If you're in a household and.
Speaker 5: You have debt, paying your dead off is a good thing. I listened to one time they were talking, if everybody just paid a nickel more out of the tax doarf they just took a nickel out of what we already paying taxes from everybody, just a nickel already that we pay, we could have the deficit paid off. And like, uh, in like five years, wouldn't that be freaking great to be able to do that. This President's going to get that done. And I like Musk, I don't agree with everything he says or does, but I don't know of anything I don't agree with. Uh, Listen, go in there and cut and whack and get our country back. Build some bridges. Cincinnati needs a bridge, some highways. Ay, take care of our own people first. And these other countries that are just killing us and taking advantage year of Mexico, China, all of them, japaying Hey make them pay, We defy.
Speaker 6: All of them, we fight for all of them to die.
Speaker 5: It's time we take it back. And these people should be prosecuted if they can. And it's probably more.
Speaker 1: Than just them, you know, Sheriff Jones, I know you're not surprised. I'm certainly not surprised. I think people that listen to this radio station are not surprised when you see the reaction of this from the left and from Democrat politicians, you know, I mean they have barely when and I'm talking about Trump and Doze and Elon Musk, they have barely started scratching the surface on this, and already Democrats are having meltdowns. They're having condiptions. They're running to every nearest camera, every nearest microphone. They're calling for impeachment. They're talking about a constitutional crisis. They're finding friendly liberal judges to issue orders trying to shut down and stand in the way and to block the Trump administration from carrying out the duties that are specified in the Constitution and the duties that Donald Trump finds important. So I mean it is amazing. I mean, we are again barely scratching the surface, and then they and they are talking about they're already talking about impeachment for this guy.
Speaker 5: Listen, we got an attorney general that won't take any stuff off any of these people. We got the majority, and we got the federal courts, and we got judges. We got conservative judges. We just have to find another judge that will overturn what the liberal judge done. It's it's all part of the business. And Trump's gonna appoint more federal judges and we're gonna get through this twenty one days. And he's already found all this stupid, stupid ways. Imagine sesame street gay, sesame street couples or transgender. I can't keep track of all you do. How do you defend that? I mean, but I assume you do. They do, But listen to these other countries. They don't want that stuff. We're meddling in their business. And before it's over, President Trump going to have us out of that stupid war with Russia and UH and the stupid UH and and we're going to be out of the yet sending this money to these different countries and stealing our stuff, stealing our treasury, stealing pretty soon, if.
Speaker 6: They're not careful, we'll be fighting there.
Speaker 5: And Putin doesn't want this war no more than that Lewinsky guy.
Speaker 6: They all want out of this.
Speaker 5: Get them out of it. And the Israelis, we're gonna fix that deal. Uh. And Gaza they are torturing these prisoners. And it's time we just go in there and finish the job, get it done, and then be done with all this. The whole world's gonna be better to include Europe, China, Uh, India, Everybody's going to be better for it. But we just got to have our president. He needs the tools at his job. Oh, he's going to get it done. Uh. And we've got to get the FBI person approved. We've got to get Kennedy approved. We got who who doesn't want to eat healthier food? And how can you fight that?
Speaker 6: But when you look at all the money they.
Speaker 5: Received, Uh that Sanders guy, Uh, hey, well he gets more pharmaceutical money than anybody does. He does, and it's yeah he does, and he lies about it. But it's time to and the tide of change. The president was elected. Whether people that are listening don't like him, are liking and you can't defend whether they're spending this stupid money. Wait till they get into the Pentagon. They haven't passing all the years we can we can have more equipment and we can't.
Speaker 7: We can't.
Speaker 5: Let China build ships and tanks and we just sit back and do uh stuff on Uh. Hey, who who's woke enough in the military. It's but it's changing, my friend, and people have had the lick and today those four people should be fired and they should be prosecuted and there's more to come.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Uh, Sarah.
Speaker 1: You know I learned a long time ago doing this business that you're not going to please everybody.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: That is a lesson that you learned along time ago as well. And out front of your office up there in Butler County, there's a big yellow sign that reads illegal aliens here, and you've got an arrow pointing towards the door of the Sheriff's office. But apparently there's an individual in Butler County, guy by the name of Sam Hibberd, according to the Journal News, that doesn't like that sign being out there and has started a petition getting people to sign this petition trying to get you to take this sign down, the sign that reads illegal aliens here. How's the petition going? And I think they've got like four thousand signatures on that thing or something. Now, how's that issue going there in Butler County?
Speaker 5: Hey, I could care less what. I actually put it where they could go and sign it on my Twitter and my Facebook. I could care less. I hope they get forty million. I don't care. They're not my balls. The illegal alien is used in court, it's used in legal documents, and that's what the terminology is. And I don't care about the petitions, but I want people to have a fair shot. So I put it on my Twitter to where they could go and sign the petition to care less, And most of those people aren't from this county but from all over the United States and other countries. And don't care. I get elected by seventy five to eighty percent of the vote, so I might. And I've been on this illegal alien issue for twenty years. That sign's been up and down for twenty years, and it's going to continue to be up and down. So no, I don't care what they what they signed petitions for till I've signed petitions in my life myself, and most of the petitions I signed, the people that were receiving them didn't care either.
Speaker 1: So tell me a little bit about that sign, because according to what I'm reading here, I guess you had it up during the first Trump administration and then you actually took it down during the Biden administration.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 5: That's correct. I had it up in two thousand and four. Also, hey, getting I'm in the process of getting a billboard put up in Butler County with that owner. I'm in their heads. Look, and they can't get me out of their heads. You know how much I think of that, Not at all. I'm deporting people and doing everything that I can to make my accounting safe and safer. And if that little sign tweaks a few people off, good for them. They don't like me anyway on a good day. And that sign's been up a long time, twenty years and I've been elected sheriff twenty two years.
Speaker 4: So what's that tell you?
Speaker 5: Doesn't affect me one iota, and it's going to continue.
Speaker 6: Wait till they see my billboard.
Speaker 1: I can't well, I can't wait to see it. That's going to be a thing of beauty. I'm going to be talking with Todd Bensman from the Center for Immigration Studies in the next half hour. Sheriff, and I wanted to ask you give me your take on the status of the deportation, the deportation exercise that is going on right now. And I know you're in close contact with Tom Homan. Are you satisfied with the pace of the deportations and the way they're going about carrying these things out right now?
Speaker 5: Oh? Absolutely, everything's changing. And Haley's only been president twenty one days, but to Homan's only been there twenty one days, has to change everything, had to fire everybody to the top of these organizations and then start getting in there and getting it done. They're working seven days a week, twenty four hires a day, and all of us we want it done. It's gone perfectly. And I was in DC last week mister Homans stated that they're going to start workplace enforcement. I can't wait till.
Speaker 6: They do that.
Speaker 5: And we all know companies that hire these people illegally and that they don't pay taxes, they don't have social Security numbers, or one of them will have the same social Security number as forty other people have. People. Hey, wait till they raid the first one company in Butler County or the person that employs them and they arrest them. Hey, it's gonna be a it's gonna be beautiful to watch. And all the rest of us that the people that work every day and can't get a fair wage because these people come in and work for free or half price. Then they get welfare, they don't have to pay taxes. They go to the grocery store, the people ringing their food up don't eat as good as the people with these the illegals bringing all these food stamps in.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 5: And then the illegals that are born in our hospitals for free, and then they get baby formula. And I've been told by people that work in the hospital that most of the people, the Latinos.
Speaker 6: Don't use baby formula.
Speaker 5: They breastfeed and they sell the baby formula in everything. People are telling me stuff. They're calling me on places of business that are hiring it leg and you can't work there unless you speak a foreign language. And the whole systems broke down. I'm very satisfied. Twenty one days, my friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the components of this is that a lot of people are actually self deporting, that they are picking themselves up and heading heading south, heading for the border, because they would rather do that than go through the whole process of getting arrested and maybe being held and the rest of that. Are you seeing any of that in Butler County? People self deport.
Speaker 5: I've been told it's happy, and I encourage to self deport. If you get rounded up and arrested, you won't be able to come back for ten years. You need to go back now, get in line, go through the legal process that brings in.
Speaker 6: Two million a year legally every year.
Speaker 5: That's got to be revamped. We got over two hundred visas. Nobody knows what kind of visas they are. Imagine two hundred different kinds and colors and numbers, all out of control. If you're listening to their and you're here illegally, you need to pack up and go back before you get rounded up.
Speaker 4: Pretty simple, Kenny.
Speaker 1: So let's well, let's say let's say someone is listening to this right now and they are here illegally and they want to self deport. Can they walk into your office and say, how do I do that? What do I need to do?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know, is there anything you can assist me with if if I want to take myself out of the country illegally?
Speaker 5: I can try to get that taken care of. I can contact the ICE form. But what they need to do is pack up. You can go back across the border and get back into your country. And uh, they know how to do it. Uh. This isn't the first time. Hell, some of them have been arrested, sent back, arrested, sent back. I have won eight years eight times, then deported out of my jat eight times.
Speaker 2: That's lable eight.
Speaker 5: Times, and finally murdered somebody. Don't tell them how many have done that. But if you're listening to this and you know somebody, you need to self deport before you get arrested. Around it up and sent back and you won't be able to come back right away. It'll be years before you can come back.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Sheriff, that's going to do it for our time. For today. We got to run during the break. I'm gonna get online and sign the petition and have your sign taken down.
Speaker 5: I I hope you get.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, even though.
Speaker 1: I'm not from Butler County, I'll go ahead and sign the petition anyway.
Speaker 2: But Sheriff Jones, believe me.
Speaker 5: Hey, they're all sir from all over the world sign that petition.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful. Out of that is beautiful. Sheriff Jones again, thanks for the time. Always great having you on, my friend, and all the best to you. Take care and we'll do it again before too long. All right, there you go, the one and only Sheriff Richard K. Jones of Butler County twelve fifty five. Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW. Seven hundred WLW Dan Carroll in Bill Cunningham And one of the things that I have talked about a lot and I am going to continue to talk about, is what is happening at the board and when it comes to the border. There is no one who has spent more time or written more about it, or really knows more about it than from the Center for Immigration Studies. Todd Benjman has been a great guest on this show and some other shows. Here on seven hundred WLW and Todd Bensman, it is great to have you back on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so great to be here. Thank you, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Give me a just give me a snapshot of today right now, what is happening along.
Speaker 2: The southern border of the United States.
Speaker 9: Sure, the numbers coming across are at a historic low. Now, we haven't seen numbers this low in maybe decades, somewhere in the four hundred a day crossing from one end to the border to the other, compared to you know, at the peak of this mass migration event, you know, we were looking at ten thousand a day and fourteen thousand a day, you know, eight nine thousand a day for years, So four hundred a day, and all of them that are being caught are being returned immediately to Mexico or they're sent to their home countries, so none of them are being released. So, you know, they said that all during the campaign. You probably heard, Wow, we need this big Senate bill, if only we had the Senate bill. Trump killed the Senate bill. We need comprehensive immigration reform. We have to do, you know, rebuild foreign nations, all of that. It's going to take years. Really, the whole thing just ended in about an hour with some policy changes.
Speaker 1: That is unbelievable. When you talk about the Trump policy at the border. I guess one of the big factors right now is that ten thousand Mexican troops are heading to the United States Mexican border are they there yet? Are they there now? And I've also been reading about the Mexican cartels are not going to take this line down.
Speaker 4: Yes, those are two different things.
Speaker 9: But the Mexican military is rolling out right now in Tijuana and Juarez and some places along the Arizona Mexico border, so they the deployments have started. But I'll point out that you know, in my opinion, that's added reinforcement.
Speaker 4: We'll take it. But the Trump.
Speaker 9: Policies alone of returns and expulsions and deportations was really enough to do it.
Speaker 4: But it doesn't hurt to have a.
Speaker 9: Bunch of Mexican troops plugging up the gap on their side because you know, if you don't keep your pedal to the metal, they will figure out a way in and start pouring in. So it's good to have the double lined, uh you know, containment policy down there. And as far as the Mexican cartels, you know, I did predict, I am predicting maybe some trouble. Definitely heightened possibility of trouble with the cartels because those troops are getting in between the cartels and the American border for their drug loads. Their mission officially, per Trump's deal with them is to dismantle those cartels and stop fentanyl and drug trafficking. So if they're actually going to do that, and remember there's tear, there's a teriff threat that Trump is holding over the Mexican's head, you know, a sort of domicles sort of thing, very damaging to the Mexican economy that if Trump doesn't like what he's seeing, if fentanyl's still coming across, he'll hit that tariff button in wreck the Mexican economy, probably send them quickly into a depression or recession anyway.
Speaker 4: So I think that the cartels are going to fight back. I mean, that's what they do. Yeah, So we'll see what happens. Yeah, Tod bears watching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Todd, Benjamin.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, where so you're talking about for about four hundred a day now coming across are we talking about? Those are individuals coming across where there are not ports of entry or between ports of entry, and at the ports of entry where you can come into the United States, and and and if you have business here, you're coming into the country legally, you'll go through a port of entry. What is has anything at all changed at those ports of entry where you come into the country legally.
Speaker 9: It's mainly the illegal crossings between ports of entry that I'm talking about. Okay, the ports of entry is going to be kind of business as usual. I think there are not going to be a lot of asylum claimants coming across at the ports because we have remain in Mexico now, so we'll just turn you back and say, yeah, we'll take your asylum claim that you're going to have to wait in Mexico for five four or five years or whatever. And nobody wants to do that. They came to be released into the US on asylum claims, and if they can't do that, they're going home. So I'm going to guess that the number of those that are trying to cross at the ports are probably minuscule at best.
Speaker 4: The whole thing is pretty hermetically sealed. Now. It took all of about a day to do that.
Speaker 9: This was not you know, we didn't need comprehensive immigration reform. Climate change didn't suddenly stop, you know, corruption and horrible stuff didn't all of a sudden stop happening in all of those sending countries. It was just policy. We're going to detain you, We're going to expel you all. You're not getting in. We're going to stop all the releases. And once that word of that spreads all around through the world, they're like, why am I going to drop ten grand on smuggling for that?
Speaker 1: So I was reading a piece that you wrote last week about what's happening in Mexico, and you talk about Trump's blockade of the border has forced Mexico to support thousands of foreign migrants. So is this a situation where Mexico is now swelling with people who really don't have any business there or people who were trying to come to the border with hopes of getting into the United States there And how much of a problem does this create for Mexico now that they are going to be the ones instead of these people just passing through, but that now that they are in their country in Mexico.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Mexico got stuck with the hot potato, a terrible, big, expensive one. So there are nobody knows how many, but presumably there are hundreds of thousands of migrants that we're en route, hoping against hope that you know, they'd still be able to get over the border, you know, praying to God or whatever and just keeping their fingers crossed that maybe the American president, the new one, will change his mind about everything. So now Mexico is stuck with them, and that's a very expensive burden. They have to you know, care for them and find housing and shelter and you know, try to figure out how to deport them and manage their asylum claims.
Speaker 4: And a lot of them want to stay there.
Speaker 9: And hopes that something in a year or two, three years will change at the American border.
Speaker 4: So they're going to They're going to stay there.
Speaker 9: But you know, the Mexicans don't really want them to stay there, because no country wants that, except the United States during the Biden administration, but no normal country wants that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, doesn't Mexico have a pretty harsh policy when it comes to people crossing the Mexican border into Mexico illegally? Don't they frown on that in a pretty serious way.
Speaker 9: Well, they probably do now if they're coming up from Guatemala. But you know, as long as the people coming up from Guatemala were continuing to pass through to the United States, they were fine with taking a cut of the money that they spent on their way through. But now that they're stuck with them because they can't get through.
Speaker 4: They don't like it. Who does Nobody likes that.
Speaker 9: So but luckily for the Mexicans, it looks like those numbers are way down too, coming in through from South America through the Darien Gap into Panama, those numbers are down by ninety percent of what they were last year. People all over the world realized that the American border really is closed. They're gitting at live time on their cell phones from all their friends and relatives saying I just got expelled, I just got deported. I couldn't get through, I got detained, and immediately put back this isn't what I'm spending ten grand or twenty grand on. So they're staying home, and so the numbers coming into Mexico seemed to be way way down because of that. But Mexico's got to, you know, they've got to do something with the population that they got stuck with, just like the United States is trying to contend with the population of ten million that it just got stuck with over the last three or four years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I wanted to ask you about that where you talk about the Darien Gap and those numbers being down ninety percent if memory serves. In the last month and a half or two months of the Biden administration, the administration Kamala Harris, Joe Biden was trying to take credit for the numbers at the border falling off and the number of encounters, as they like to call it, coming down, and they were saying that because this Joe bid I get tough policy all of a sudden on the border was having an effect. Is that true that those numbers were coming down and were those numbers going to be any long lasting in any sort of way if the Biden policy would have stayed.
Speaker 9: That's a great question. A lot of it's complicated, A lot of Americans do not understand this, but it is true. The Biden administration did cut a deal with the Mexicans in December of twenty twenty three, with the onset of an American presidential campaign that was going to pitvot on this issue. They absolutely could not have thousands and thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands crossing the border during the year of the campaign. So they cut this deal, and the Mexicans played ball because they also wanted Biden to win.
Speaker 4: And then later Harris, so they kept it in place.
Speaker 9: They had a military operation called Operation Carousel that swept up all the immigrants on our northern border and forced them down into the southern provinces and contained them down there. I reported on it elaborately. I was with them, I was down there. I reported on it. The trick is that after the election they were going to give it up and say, all right, go on. Everybody moved through during the transition, and that's when Trump came and took over and said, twenty five percent tariffs if you let anybody through, and then fifty percent, and then one hundred percent. I will not the day on an office. I will put a massive tariff on Mexico if you get if you stop that operation. So he basically took it over, and since then the numbers had fallen by two thirds of what they were during the last couple of weeks of the Biden They were still coming in two three thousand a day. Even at that, they just weren't coming in at thirteen thousand a day like they were.
Speaker 4: Now they're down to four hundred.
Speaker 9: A day, five hundred a day tops, and they're probably going to drop even further. And by the way, the people that are coming across are running, dodging and hiding, not just turning themselves in like they used to by the tens of thousands to be processed in because we're not releasing them. We're catching and expelling, and nobody's paying money for that. That's not how it works.
Speaker 1: So on the other part of this, where Tom Home and his people are going around and finding those who are here illegally, arresting them and deporting them, I don't know if you've been keeping much of an eye on that, if you have any sense of how that operation is going. And then I guess the other component of that is the amount of people who are else deporting. I've heard a lot of talk about this, but I don't know that I've seen any real solid numbers on those who have decided to on their own sort of put their hands up and say, look, I'm not supposed to be here, I'm going to go ahead and head on out.
Speaker 9: So yes, the Trump administration, with Tom hoden Homan leading the charge, has begun rounding up the worst of the first or the first of the worst, I forget how he puts it, meaning criminal aliens, and there are plenty of them, there's about seven hundred thousand plus criminal aliens and I mean felons. Four hundred five hundred thousand of them are not in prison or jail right now.
Speaker 4: They're out, and.
Speaker 9: So the first roundups are of those politically acceptable, non controversial roundups.
Speaker 4: But they're also.
Speaker 9: Picking up a lot of people that are around those criminal aliens who are not criminals. And so far, I think the last number I saw was about eighteen thousand are gone of those in just the first few weeks. Now they want to ramp that up far to far higher numbers.
Speaker 4: Be patient.
Speaker 9: They don't have the capacity for detention right now. We've got to put them somewhere while you're processing them out and getting aircraft. So that's why they brought Guantanamo Bay online. They almost doubled the number of beds that they because the Biden administration had systematically dismantled a great many of the detention facilities there are, like, for example, none for women and children. So we have an infrastructure problem and they're working on that. So those numbers should start to climb every week. The numbers, total numbers should climb as ICE is out there with DEA helping and federal agents from all different uh DHS agencies working alongside them, and they're perfecting everything and trying to figure out how to find people in sanctuary cities. They need to up, they need to increase the numbers, they say, to get to mass deportation or anywhere near where Obama was during his term, which was like a million to two every year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's still a ton of work that needs to be done. And just because we're at a point now where it seems compared to what we had six months or a year ago, things have really quieted down as it relates to border crossings and people coming into the country illegally, that has quieted down. But that's, I guess said, nothing to hang your hat on at this point to say that we've we've cleared a major hurdle on this, or that we are at least we're taking a step towards the right direction. But it is indeed just the very first step, yes.
Speaker 9: Yes, to undo the damage of ten and eleven twelve million. Nobody really knows how many they let in, but there are millions and millions of immigrants that cross the border were let in on these very legally dubious parole programs where they were allowed to fly in. Those people are still on public welfare by and large, and it's just costing billions of dollars, so they want to and it's clogging up schools and criminal justice systems and really medical youth health systems and everything else.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 9: You know, and there's crimes being committed and all that. So you know, there's a lot of work to be done to reverse the damage of just the last three or four years.
Speaker 4: But I do.
Speaker 9: Believe that they are going to do everything they can throw every bit.
Speaker 4: They need money, they.
Speaker 9: Need infrastructure, they need personnel, and they need really good plans to go beyond Mexican criminal I mean, sorry, to go beyond criminal aliens to everybody else who's here illegally.
Speaker 4: They're all on the table. Nobody is safe, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, Todd Bensman, there are so many components, so many elements of this story. I really appreciate you taking the time as always to fill us in and let us know what's happening at the border. I'll continue to read all your dispatches on Center for Immigration Studies, and I encourage everyone else to do that as well. And I know you're gonna You're always in the belly of the beast there, my friend, So stay safe and we will talk to you again before too long.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks for having me, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: Todd Bensman from the Center for Immigration Studies on seven hundred WLW back on the Big One, seven hundred wlwe Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham. No students report today. Bill Dennison is attending the other are other duties that he has, so we wish him well and everything that he's got going on. But the segment is just fine. But no student report today, and that means the phone line is open five three, seven, four nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred the Big One, if you want to get on board. And you heard during the news that the there are varying opinions on whether or not the judiciary can act to shut down President Trump in his official duties, and I am of the opinion that they are not. And I've talked to a lot of the illegal experts.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: Had I known that segment was not going to be here today, I would have had one of them on to talk about this. But the Federalist has written a really good piece on this and it's by Daniel John Daniel Davidson, and he writes about America. Is what's happening right now is that the Democrats, having been thrown out of power by American voters in a land slide victory for Trump, have decided that they are going to apply a deploy a widely used tactic from Trump's first term to toward the president's agenda. They're going to use the federal judiciary under the false pretexts that the lower federal courts are part of a coequal branch of government with the executive. They're aiming to shut down Trump's reform efforts with a fuselage of preliminary injunctions. So that's exactly what is happening right now. In recent days, dozens of lawsuits have been filed against the Trump administration by Democrat attorney generals in various left wing groups. These groups have carefully selected their venues, ensuring the lawsuits come before rapidly anti Trump activist judges. So far, the tactic seems to be working. As of this past weekend, eight different rulings from the federal bench have temporarily halted the president's executive orders. Federal judges and Democrat majority district have issued preliminary injunctions blocking Trump's executive actions to end birthright citizenship reform and downsize the USAID offer buyouts to federal bureaucrats. A federal judges past weekend blocked the Elon Musk Department of Government Efficiency DOGE, and other political appointees in the Trump administration, including the Treasury Secretary and his deputies, from accessing payment data at the Treasury Department. One judge even issued a restraining order halting a Trump order that would have ensured federal inmates are housed according to biological sex, not transgender identity, and would have also prevented tax dollars from being used to pay for gender transitions for federal inmates. Another judge took the extraordinary step of ordering the administration to pay back every cent of federal funding that's been paused or canceled, and threatened anyone one who violates his order with criminal contempt. So these are the things that have happened with the left and Democrats running to federal judges and again friendly federal judges and getting all these different orders. And now they like to say because they are doing all this and all these orders are coming out that we are now facing a possible constitutional crisis. The problem with this is is that federal judges have no actual authority to do this. They can't decide on their own who the president can talk to, what data he can access. They cannot bind the president at all according to the US Constitution, their inferior courts and therefore don't have the authority over the executive branch. Yes, the three branches of federal government are coequal, but the only part of the judiciary that's equal to the presidency is the Supreme Court, not all these federal district courts scattered across the country. The Supreme Court is in and if I'm mistaken on this, you can you can call me on. But the Supreme Court is the only one that is called for in the Constitution. So we're going to find out how all this is going to play out. But all these injunctions and these federal judges getting in the way, you know, might look like they can have some effect on this, But in the long run, I don't think these things are going to stand. Let's see who's on the phone this afternoon, and let's go to Ross, who is in Portsmouth and Ross Smith seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: How's it going.
Speaker 5: Pretty good? I've been listening to you's all day and make some comments. All right, First off, what the news media and extreme I guess you're for the better term extreme left and the everything don't understand and what they want to push down our throats on this immigration, this illegal immigration. They don't want to call them illegal aliens, which is what they are. They want to call them migrants to suit their vocabulary, to try and make you think we're being mean to people when all countries, including ours, have up have laws set up how you can enter their countries. These countries don't want us going in theirs without following their laws, and we don't want them coming in ours without them following our laws. So you know, everything's pretty much clear and cut now. And these judges on these rulings of these judges, and I may be wrong on this, but I thought a judge's job is not to make law. The third job is to enforce the laws on the book, which whether you you're a Democrat or a Republican, whether you like the law or you don't like the law, your job is to enforce the laws that have been written by the lawmakers that they're not lawmakers. Their job is to enforce the laws when they come before them. And as far as the aid, the US AID goes, I think, you know, we've got a bunch of two year olds been throwing a bunch of fits and crying and screaming to get attention on this, and it's sort of pretty obvious. I think to the general public, even the Democrats should be aware. Why are they screaming, whining and crying on this stuff. It should be pretty obvious. I'm sure there's money coming back to them somewhere along the line, because you've got people that went into office that was just a common, average working man. Before they got into office, they wasn't millionaires, and they will become millionaires one hundred and seventy thousand dollars a year job.
Speaker 1: Well, Ross, I think you may a good point there, and I think that is what we are starting to get close to, or at least we're getting too close for comfort for a lot of these Democrats who are in office right now. When you talk about all the money that they have made and all this money that goes out the door, six point three million to study men having sex with other men in South Africa, sixteen point eight million to support equitable outcomes and inclusion in Vietnam, five point five million to promote LGBTQ causes in Uganda. So when we are spending money like that, there is a very good chance that some of that money is going to find its way back in the form of kickbacks into the pockets of those who who say such things are okay. And I think what is happening is that Elon Musk and the Doge is getting a little too close for comfort for a lot of these individuals, and that's why they're fighting and clawing and kicking and screaming the way that they are.
Speaker 6: Well, I agree with you on all of that.
Speaker 5: And something else is, you know, I don't have a problem with helping people that need and things like that, but I think there should be an accountability to where that money is going, how it is being spent, and every penny should be accounted for.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the one thing. Listening to the that's the one thing they do not what is accountability?
Speaker 2: That's a fact.
Speaker 6: Well, that's yeah.
Speaker 5: But I was watching the news one night and they was talking to the UK President and I believe they's talking about two hundred million dollars or maybe two hundred billion.
Speaker 6: But anyway, they.
Speaker 5: Asked him where this money had been spent. He flat out said on TV, I can only tell you where about half of that money's when I don't know where the rest of it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said, yeah, he said, he said, there was a whole bunch of er. Yeah, I think And I remember seeing that report. I think the number was around seventy billion that never got to where it was supposed to go. So and look, I mean, and Ross, thank you very much for the phone call. Your phone's breaking up there a little bit, so we'll let you go. And look, I understand that a lot of the aid, a lot of what has been sent to Ukraine is money that gets spent with military contractors here in the United States and that and then so the resulting military weaponry, whatever the case may be. If it's a vehicle, it's a missile, if it's a gun, that stuff winds up getting shipped over to Ukraine and it's used in the war effort. But there is also a component of this that is that is money that gets shipped over there, and we've seen the reports, and that's all, and that's all we asked for. At least I've asked for is from day one is to have an accounting on this and that has been the hardest part, is to get a legitimate accounting on this and find out how this money is being spent. Let's go to Columbus and we'll say hey to Kevin, Kevin, you're on seven hundred ww Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, it's really a shame that he wants to address the problems like the border and the reducing the government, and all he gets is resistance. We need to reduce the deficit, we need to do something about the border, and all they want.
Speaker 5: To do is.
Speaker 3: Talk about what they're in constitutional I don't know what they are interested in. Progressives are not interested in progress at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: They want to block him at every step of the way. And and when you look at you try to find out what the motivation for that is. And normally the motivation is their own self interest, their own political interest, and their own self.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: These problems Congress should be addressing, but they won't do anything.
Speaker 6: And that's the trouble.
Speaker 3: That's why they got to do the executive orders.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I mean, I heard, and I should I should have brought the sound bite with me. But Chris Coons was on one of the programs I think it was on cn over and over the weekend, and the issue of spending twenty million dollars to produce a version of Sesame Street in a Rock came up, and he actually sat there and justified the spending of twenty million dollars so kids in a Rock could watch Muppets and uh and and be indoctrinated into whatever the hell they're being indoctrinated into over in a Rock or Iran or wherever the hell this is. I mean, look, if their.
Speaker 10: Own muppets show up, they wanted that.
Speaker 3: Money. We don't have money. We're borrowing. It's crazy. Hey, I'll just hang up and hear what you got to say about that. We got to do something ab the deficit.
Speaker 1: N You're right, And look, I also understand there are those who want to make the argument that this is only one percent of the overall budget for America, and that's true. It is a very small portion of what we spend as as a nation in our annual budget. But we have to change the mindset on this that it's not okay to just throw away one and a half million dollars to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in serbian workplaces. I mean, I can't think of anyone who thinks that's a good idea. Eight million dollars for Sri Lankan journalists to avoid binary gender language. We need, you know, if we can stop there and realize that these things are not a good idea, then bigger things would be ahead.
Speaker 2: It is one fifty five.
Speaker 1: We got to get to a break, and then after the top of the hour we'll talk with Daniel Greenfield, a great writer and a great author. As we roll on till three this afternoon, Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham, seven hundred WW back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW. It is two nine. I'm Dan Carroll. We rolled till three o'clock this afternoon, sitting in for the great American Bill Cunningham. Always my pleasure to be here, and I am glad you are here as well, and always glad to welcome in my next guest. Daniel Greenfield is a prolific writer for front Page Magazine, and he is also the author of a book, Domestic Enemies, The Founding Fathers Fight against the left and Daniel Greenfield, Welcome again to seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: It's been a little while. How are you.
Speaker 10: I'm doing great. Thank you so much for having me back.
Speaker 2: It's great to have you here.
Speaker 1: For a guy that writes as much as you do, and you write about and I want to talk about some of the things you've written recently. But what has it been like since January twentieth when Trump swore into office? Trying to keep up with all the daily news that comes out of this Trump White House. What's been like for a guy like you?
Speaker 10: That's been an absolute tornado. It's been a storm, but you know, we've had that on their Bindley. We've had a storm and a tornado of ladical legislation. Here, the wind has been blowing the other way. The wind used to be blowing to the left, it's now blowing to the right.
Speaker 2: It's blowing to the right.
Speaker 1: And I guess the reaction from the left is probably everything. I mean, it is so predictable what they are going to do, how they're going to react, the kind of things that they are going to try to do to to stand in Trump's way and keep him from doing what he wants.
Speaker 4: To do.
Speaker 10: We've seen that we were seeing a judicial cup really now being under way where federal judge is appointed by Barack Obama and Bill Clinton and Joe Biden are stepping in and saying, you don't actually have the right run a federal government just because you won a democratic collection. No, it's these judges of the rights run and it's the federal bureaucrats. It's their unions last year in charge of America. So we're seeing whe are you the primal conflict between who actually runs the country? Is it the voters or is it.
Speaker 2: The government well?
Speaker 1: Or is it these federal judges who can look at whatever it is that's brought before them and can really be activist judges on the bench and trying to tell the executive branch that they can't do the things that the people elected them to do. And I don't know if this is truly a constitutional crisis, but I think this is an issue that needs to be addressed once and for all. The current state that we are in, do you think that we will get to that point where this issue gets addressed in a meaningful way.
Speaker 10: I think the one step forward toward addressing it is for President Trump to do what everybody from Thomas Jeffersons Taber Lincoln did, which has questioned the idea of judicial supremacy, challenge the idea that federal judges have the right to review everything. At this point, you have federal judge stepping in and saying that the President Trump cannot remove political appointees, he cannot reconfigure agencies that were created by executive orders, he cannot overturn executive orders from previous administrations. And that means the country is not actually run by the president. There's no executive branch. There is only an executive judiciary, and that is fundamentally un American. Ointon rejected it, Jefferson rejected it, the founding fathers rejected it, and President Trump needs to go ahead and reject it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is an excellent point, because the executive branch is the president of the United States, and you know who is if they you know, all this business about being coequal, If the president has to acquiesce to the demands of the of these federal judges, then how is it that the executive has any power at all? So I think that it is a great way that you put that. Another issue that is percolating right now, is it seems that the Pope and President Trump are not on the same page. You've had the Pope criticizing the president's policy as it relates to getting illegals out of the country, as it relates to immigration, and he's also been criticizing the Trump White House as it relates to USAID and the money that goes out the door through that conduit. And it turns out that fifty to sixty percent of these Catholic charities, and I guess these Catholic mngos and all these other organizations that come under this Catholic Charities moniker get about fifty to sixty percent of their funding from USAID. So I guess it only makes sense that the Pope is saying, hey, you know, you need to restore all this funding.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, Castal Services, which is their international arm it's getting sixty percent of its funding in twenty twenty three from USA Catholic Charities, which handles a lot of the refugbsettlements in the United States.
Speaker 4: They're great work.
Speaker 10: Handle Glove obviously also funded by all these open borders policies that President Trump is throwing out. So the Vatican Pope Francis are obviously very determined to keep.
Speaker 4: This funding going.
Speaker 10: They want it, they want that money coming in. They're quite upset in their cookiness and the banner of religion. But really it's the American people saying we cannot stand open borders policies like these. And the interesting thing is that the heads of these various organizations are coming out and saying hope Francis is coming out and saying that maybe we disagree with some of the promotion of radical gender ideologies and other things that are being funded, but our priority is getting our organization funding. That's not a religious position, that's a economic position.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and where and where does the Pope come off trying to tell President Trump that he needs to check himself on his policies regarding illegals in this country, deportation, open borders, closed borders. I mean, when you look at the Vatican and you look at the security measures they have around there, a fourteen meters high wall, extremely strict limits on citizenship and who can come in, who can go out, and all the security that they have at the Vatican, how can the Pope sit there and be the head of a nation state or a city, a city state or a city nation, whatever the phrase is, and then on one hand and have all the security, and then on the other hand, sit there and tell the United States that we have to accommodate any illegal that wants to come into our country.
Speaker 10: That's a very good question. And the Pope has been saying. Pope Francis, who is really a radical up stuff with most American Catholics, has been doing these lectures also to the Europeans. But at the same time, yes, the Vatican is type security. You cannot just immigrate, migrate to the Vatican. So there's one position for the Vatican, which has a Swiss guard and all the security and all this firepower, and another position for American Canada, in Australian England and France and so on and so forth. And that's fundamentally hypocritical.
Speaker 2: Daniel Greenfield.
Speaker 1: The other thing I've been meaning to talk to you about is a few days ago when President Trump had his joint news conference with Benjamin Netanyahu, and he was he put out this notion that he wants to rebuild Gaza, that you know, the people who are refugees from there can live somewhere else for the time being, that he wants to, you know, have this notion of going in saying the United States would own it, we would go in, do the cleanup and rebuild back Gaza that is bigger and beautiful, more beautiful than anything that they have ever seen. And there has been so much criticism of that. But the one person who is not criticizing it is is Netanyahu, and he's talking about how President Trump is simply thinking outside the box, that he is not going to try the same things that have been tried over and over again in the Middle East and we keep getting the same result. So when you hear Trump talk about this, and then last night he talked about he wants the hostage is released by Saturday or the you know, he said, all hell is going to break loose. What are your thoughts on that approach to what's happening between there in Gaza with Israel.
Speaker 10: So Natanielle Sertly looked surprised at that press conference. I was surprised anybody was expecting that was definitely not it. But it's absolutely out of the box thinking.
Speaker 5: And if President.
Speaker 10: Trump actually wants to take on Gaza and remove the current population and make it an American territory, it's completely out of the box. But it's certainly very different than what every administration has done, which is in some version of you've got to create a terrorist take, you've got to create a terrorist take, you've got to create a terrrist state. And President Trump has come out and said, what if you get rid of the terrorist and make it an American territory. And that's certainly out of the box. It always deals with the central problem, which is that the place is populated by terrorists, and every free administration has argue that, well, you need to make nights with the terrorists, you need to give the terrorists the state. And President Trump is completely upended that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, in your opinion, is this at least a starting point for a conversation about what happens next in the Middle East.
Speaker 10: It's definitely. In the past, the terrorists have been able to continue press rating for a maximum negotiators negotiations because they were able to comment and say, we're going to conduct terrorism n those who give us more and more and more. President Trump, for the first time, I said, we're going to take things off the table instead.
Speaker 1: As it relates to the hostages, this last group of hostages that was released, they were paraded around on the streets and used for the terrorist propaganda, and that did not sit well with Donald Trump. Now he is demanding that all the hostages, alive or dead, be released by Saturday at noon. How do you see that throwing down the gauntlet. How do you see that happening, and how do you see the response to that, and how do you see that possibly playing out by Saturday?
Speaker 2: That's twelve noon.
Speaker 10: So even before christ and Trump went ahead and said this, come said they were not releasing more hostages. It is really unclear how many living hostages they even have. Part of the Biden deal that's being played out now required Israel to release terrorists for the bodies of hostages. So it's possible that Comas doesn't even have more hostages. But either way, Prisident Trump has done what Joe Biden should have done on October eighth and made it very clear that America's position is we don't play games with terrists, we hold them accountable, we stand up to them.
Speaker 2: Where's that yahoo on this? What Trump said.
Speaker 10: Last night, he certainly this was exactly what he wanted, what Israel's wanted to hear from an American president reportedly there are preparations for military offensive. But you hear a lot of things and you don't know exactly where the truth lies. But it is very important for that to take that actual moral stance to say that you cannot just play this game. You cannot really a few hostages at a time, You cannot humiliate and pouring them around. We are actually putting our foot down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that was there is absolutely horrific. I think the way they've they've been behaving in light of the ceasefire that is going on is from as violating that ceasefire.
Speaker 10: As far as you know, they're certainly violating it, but that's fairy difficult. Terrorists who always violate the ceasefire. They haven't violated in a grand way by launching an attack, but they've done some small stuff as far as preparations for attacks. There's been an attempted border incursion, they're storing weapons, they're moving into areas where they're not supposed to be, And the plan for themabili last time is for them to rebuild, give them a year or two a lot of US taxpayer money, which is what would happened under Camala and then they launch another attack like they did on October seventh, before which there was a ceasefire.
Speaker 1: By the way, Yeah, do you find it do you find it rich that these groups that are funded through George Soros's uh you know, one or or more of his organizations are now crying foul that Donald Trump wants to put a freeze on money that was being spent through us A.
Speaker 2: I D unbelievable. How many billions is this guy?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's it's most of their budgets.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 10: One of the organizations now suing President Trump over the funding freeze, it's something called the Journalism Development Network, which is funded by Sorels. It's funded by the Force Foundation. Its material was actually used as a basis for President Trump's impeachment, and now they're suing and they're claiming that people will die unless we get money.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's I mean, it's it's just a simple matic of the kind of upside down world that we continue to live in. And I mean, you know, Trump's only been in office for I think twenty or twenty one days, twenty two days at this point, and it is absolutely amazing the sorts of things that have already taken place, Daniel. Before we run, I want to talk about your book, Domestic Enemies. The Founding Fathers fight against the Left has been all since April of last year. But how's the book doing? And give our listeners just a little thumbnail about what this book is about.
Speaker 10: This book, I call it the sixty to nineteen Projects for the American Left. Domestic Enemies tells the real truth about where the Left in America came from. And it shows that we've been fighting this fight back in the days of George Washington and the origins of the Constitution. The left was always here. They always had the same agenda, replacing the individual with the government, replacing God with government, and pushing equity over equality.
Speaker 1: And is it just a matter of how far how powerful they are? Is you know you have that that imaginary pendulum that sort of swings one way and then swings back the other way. Are we just on on that that swing to the right now to where they're having less power and throwing the conniption fits that they've been throwing over the last three weeks.
Speaker 10: That's exactly right. So goes by different names, they call themselves progressive Socialist, Bill bros. But they once we see that there everything that they do has failed miserably, they renamed themselves. They all go on to call themselves work for example, and they get reborn again. So the cycle does go back and forth. It's been going back and forth over two hundred years.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Daniel Greenfield, it is. I always love probing your mind and talking about all these different subjects. And I look at your writings just about every single day on Front Page Magazine and thank you for the work that you do. Thanks for being a guest here on the show, and keep up the good work, and we'll talk again before too long.
Speaker 10: Thank you for a great conversation for having me on.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, the one and only Daniel Greenfield of Front Page Magazine.
Speaker 2: Check that out if you get a chance.
Speaker 1: Two twenty five, Dan Carroll for Bill Cunningham, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: There has been thought, I believe given to this. Senator Ron Wyden has already issued statements, for example, advising what we should do in a situation like this, which I concur which is that I believe that the Biden administration should ignore this ruling. I think that we know the courts have the legitimacy, and they rely on the legitimacy of their rulings, and what they are currently doing is engaged in an unprecedented and dramatic erosion of the legitimacy of the courts. It is the justices themselves, through the deeply partisan and unfounded nature of these rulings, that are undermining their own forment.
Speaker 4: So what you're saying the Biden administration should ignored this court. But what does that look like? What does that actually mean?
Speaker 7: You know, I think the interesting thing when it comes to a ruling is that it relies on enforcement, and it is up to the Biden administration to enforce, to choose whether or not to enforce such a ruling.
Speaker 4: But is that Hello, Buyant, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: Well Rock, you knew it was going to happen.
Speaker 1: The word snow was in the forecast and Seg said, I'll see you later. So I mean, I mean, you know, I've known SEG's, you know, going back to the nineteen eighties, and then the minute there's the word snow and you know around he's he's hunkering down there in Middletown.
Speaker 4: It's funny.
Speaker 8: He is loyal, he works hard, he does everything, but when it's snow that's his one bugaboo.
Speaker 1: I mean it was literally the only time he takes time on.
Speaker 2: I mean really seriously, exactly right.
Speaker 1: I remember, I remember when he was working here seven days a week and they and they made him take a day off. They made him take Sundays off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he hadn't had one in like a decade.
Speaker 1: So I think now he's, you know, taking weekends off. But I mean for so many years there he didn't take any days off. Then he finally took one day off, and I think, you know, after twenty something years, he's moved up to two days off.
Speaker 8: Maybe you should wish it snowed a little more. He might get a few more days days at home.
Speaker 1: So so Eddie was back in the studio yesterday. How's your boy looking a little little green around the gills?
Speaker 8: So you might know the story. So on Friday when he was out or no, shoot me, Thursday when he was out, Jason Williams was filling in and he had a story about how on a real cribbyan cruise that the whole boat had gone down with a sickness, Like one hundred and plus people were in the infirmary with flu and all this sort of thing, and I joked, I'm like, oh my god, what if that was the boat add he's on. Turned out it was the boat that he was on. So I texted him like, hey man, how you doing blah blah blah blah, and he's like, yeah, I'm fine, absolutely fine. So he came on the show and talked about it, and everyone else is puking their guts out. And now he claims, and I think he's probably right, he had too much gray goose flowing through his veins to get sick. They're just killing all the germs. Bo I had a buddy in college that drank a lot and he never got sick. Well, he said, I have too much tanga ray flowing through me to uh get sick. And maybe there's something to that.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that's that you know back back in the Old West. You know, you see you watch those old Westerns and the guys walking into the saloon, what do they order whiskey? Boom whisked there because they know they're not going to drink the water. Yeah, speaking of a Western on the dusty trail, you can't be getting.
Speaker 8: Sick man, Speaking of Westerns. Do you have Netflix? Yes, we've seen that Prime Evil Serious. I liked it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just finished last night we binge watched the whole thing and then and then my wife found another one that was on there called Godless.
Speaker 2: Have you seen that one?
Speaker 8: I not, but I will ill your recommendation.
Speaker 2: Follow write it, write it down, follow my recommendation.
Speaker 1: It is called Godless, and I think it's seven or eight episodes, so it doesn't take forever to watch. But yeah, those two American Prime Evil and Godless really really good.
Speaker 8: Good, Yeah, really good. I didn't know how and I don't know. I I want to check and see just how accurate or biased or whatever. But how Evil bring them? Young seemed to be.
Speaker 1: Well, I've seen more of the different Westerns out there that they talk about Brigham Young and guy was pretty ruthless, ruthless.
Speaker 2: He had to be character, that's right. It was a ruthless time and he was the head.
Speaker 8: I got to protect my people, and that comes to the expense of your people, so be it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's one of the things I liked about the shows is that they don't they don't sugarcoat know how bad it was out there with the Native Americans because I mean that look and when I got into this whole history thing with the Native Americans back when in my school district, the Anderson High School used to be the Redskins. You played against the Redskins when we went to say yeah, and then now they changed the name to the Raptors. But we got into this whole history thing talking about, you know, the Indians and the way they used to treat each other, and they'd raid each other's camps and they'd take slaves, and they'd steal the men and you know, kill the men and steal the women, make them the women and kids their slaves and all the rest of it. So, I mean, they were terrible times, that terrible thing that these people were doing to each other. So all this nonsense about, you know, and I think some of this is true about the way they treated the land and had respect for the animals they would hunt and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: But the other stuff is true too about how brutal they were to each other.
Speaker 8: There's a book out there called Empire of the Summer Moons about the Comanches. Read that, and those dudes were ruthless. Again, they were loyal to their people, and you happen to be in the way, You're gonna get out of the way.
Speaker 2: Right next time night next to Rockies. Rules on the books, on the book.
Speaker 8: So there you go. So that's how all civilizations have been. It's like, hey, I don't really trust you because I don't know you that well. So if if you get a little too close, we're gonna go at it.
Speaker 1: So the numbers are out for the super Bowl. Rock Ah, Yeah, did you see that? A record after we a whole week? Two weeks you said it, I said, everybody said.
Speaker 8: The super Bowl no one cares about. The super Bowl set a record twenty six million viewers.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, but if you look at me going into this game, two really great teams, I mean, if Philadelphia had been good so oh, you know, it's been so good all season long, and then you've got the specter of the Kansas City Chiefs possibly hitting that three repeat, and it looked like they had a damn good chance to do it going into this game, and of course they go out and get curb stump the way they Well, I.
Speaker 8: Think you're right in that there are some people that were tuning in hoping that the Chiefs would get it put on them, and they did. Yeah, you know, like people, you want to see the rietal war, the best team or the evil team go down. But I still think it's overall just a It just shows how powerful the NFL is and just how ubiquitous, ubiquitous it is, just how I mean, how it has just taken over America and modern sports and everything. I mean, people can't get enough of it.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think a lot of that has to do with the NFL slowly walking away from all the wokeness, all the you know, all this, all the the the social stuff that they were involved in, you know, all the virtue signaling, and I didn't see really any of that going on, especially during the Fox pregame. No, I can't tell you how many times I heard the phrase, especially when they were talking about New Orleans and how they were dealing with what happened on New Year's Day when the guy came driving through the French Quarter right running and killing all those people. I can't tell you how many times I heard the phrase that what unites us makes us strong. There was none of this diversity makes us stronger. I mean, they they that I didn't hear that phrase uttered the entire day.
Speaker 8: What what united?
Speaker 2: And I think that signal is a pretty significant.
Speaker 8: Shift, right, agreed, what unites us? We're all Americans and we're all football, so let's let's celebrate it. Yeah, I thought Fox you could tell they they really made an effort to stay away from all that, and I think it worked. I think it worked. I mean, even look at us point on yesterday, look at the commercials. Most of the commercials were went back to kind of what we were used to seeing a decade ago, where they were funny, a little bit kind of risk a, you know, the Carlos Junior back tohead, the kind of the supermodel. Looking all the commercials that went the route of funny. Everyone liked the commercials that went the few commercials that went the route of let's here, let me give you a message. Everyone's like, eh, forget it. Yeah, funny, funny works.
Speaker 2: Wis one? What's on? Which one was you? Did you have a favorite from Sunday?
Speaker 8: I thought that it was what was it? The Stellar atoil with the Matt Damon and that's the one, Beckham.
Speaker 2: I thought that I thought it was hilarious, it was good. I thought that was hilarious. People like when I do this, just kicks the ball a mile is the thing I do.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 2: It's like a parlor trick, chick the football out of his face.
Speaker 8: But what was interesting, Dan? Back to the Super Bowl numbers. We're gonna talk about this today. Super Bowl numbers one hundred and twenty six million, record high. The College Football Final down there's twenty two million, down twelve percent from the week from the year before. Now, I still believe a lot of that had to do with the fact it was just a date MLK Day, It was a day of the inauguration. A lot of people are switching over trying to watch that, you know, the balls and all the hoop loss. I think that had something to do with it. But it still makes you wonder. I mean, what is it if the NFL in a game that supposedly no one was interested in, but a ton of people still watched. Why Ohio State Notre Dame despite some of the other difficulties going on with it, didn't more people not watch that game?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it would be a lot easier for the NCAA to move that championship game to a Saturday night. I think would be a much, a much bigger deal for them. And I was talking to a guy a week or so ago, and we were talking about the whole twelve team playoff, and I think really, for the first year I was interested in the playoff. I was interested to see who won the first round, second round games, all that kind of stuff. And then and there already was talk of tweaking that or changing that format, or receving the teams or how all that's done. How much how much work do you think they're going to do on that.
Speaker 8: I think they will, because I mean I get the stats from ESPN, they sent them to us, and by and large, people love the concept of the twelve team playoffs. They love the fact that, Okay, there's more teams involved, more fan bases involved, from from C to certain and C all that sort of thing. But I think people had some of the issue was maybe just how the teams were seeded. I still think the length of the season. You know that they need to find a way to cram it a little bit earlier, in my opinion, so you're not competing against the NFL. It problem is if you put it on it, say you put it on that Saturday before that Monday, you're going up against the NFL playoffs.
Speaker 2: No one's gonna true, that's the hard thing.
Speaker 8: So they can find a way to sneak that in, you know, like that first week of January, like right right around January first. I think that that's still I think traditionally is okay, this is college football time. People are used to watching. Get it around that and then say, Okay, we're not even going to try to, you know, shoehorn this in when people are really into the NFL and the NFL playoffs. Let's make this our own separate thing. I think they need to move the season up a little bit. I've heard the idea floated because one of the weekends that is quote unquote lost and I don't mean it this way, but like, you know, the Army Navy game happens on its own weekend and it's the only game in town, which is wonderful, but it's it's like in like mid December, right kind of move. I had the idea of put that at the beginning of the season. Let's kick off the college football season with Army v. Navy the hooplah.
Speaker 2: That might but that actually might make it a bigger deal.
Speaker 8: I think it was kind of moved things up a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's like having the Daytona five hundred for the first race of the season. In racing, I mean, everyone pays attention to the Daytona five.
Speaker 8: I just think you find a way to move the season up a little bit, condensed a little bit, and so you're not battling the NFL every week because it's clear that people love the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I saw the NFL today is putting out an apology about the halftime show. They apologize to Lil Wayne because they chose Kendrick Lamar over and I guess Lil Wayne.
Speaker 2: Is from New Orleans. Yeah, I mean does the NFL need to get involved in that?
Speaker 8: I mean the NFL literally, the NFL was putting out an.
Speaker 1: NFL sent a letter of apo to Lil Wayne after choosing Kendrick Lamar over the New Orleans rapper the the for the halftime show. Lil Wayne said he was denied a chance to headline this year's show. Uh you know which, uh, which sparked outrage, like giving his famous association with the Big Easy where he was born and raised.
Speaker 8: Man, I think as far as rappers, go that's your thing. I think he's talented, very talented in that in that realm. Yeah, the fact it seems like that would be a no brainer. NFL usually does miss stuff like that, like, Okay, we got a New Orleans guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's I always thought he was from Atlanta though, but straight out.
Speaker 1: PR right there, I mean, yeah, I mean the then NFL's probably got some of the best PR people.
Speaker 2: In a little pushback go to protect the shield man.
Speaker 8: I think not a lot of people really liked this halftime show.
Speaker 2: I didn't watch it, Yeah I was I didn't.
Speaker 8: I had no problem with it, like and I didn't try to get into the deeper meanings and of course all this stuff they had people it was kind of a less busiest kind of stripped down were dressed in red, white and blue. There wasn't a bunch of social social messages that at least I saw. I didn't love it, but I was fine with it. So whatever. Yeah, they're not doing that show.
Speaker 1: For That's what a buddy of mine was saying yesterday that people were telling him that, you know, I guess he was at the gym and the people were talking about it, and people were telling him that he didn't understand you know, the I guess the.
Speaker 2: And all that kind of.
Speaker 8: People aren't trying to do all again. People funny works. There was funny and entertaining, no hidden message.
Speaker 1: Yea, I need something for me, I need something spelled out a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct, exactly. They gotta make more clear for guys like me.
Speaker 1: Okayez oh man, I mean, I guess there has to be a super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 2: It's not like they're going to get rid of it.
Speaker 8: And it's it's something for people to talk about. And if they're talking about it, good or bad, it's great and interest in the NFL. They love it.
Speaker 1: So Trump gets another hostage released about that. About that, I mean, but I mean, since what's happened on January twentieth, the news has been so fast and furious. I mean, it's it's actually I made it a point getting ready for the show today, I said, I'm gonna take a little bit of time and I'm gonna I'm gonna hit on some of the stuff that I know I haven't talked about since Trump because it's all coming out so fast, and you try to and you try to talk about it, you can't talk about it all on one show.
Speaker 8: The strategy is flood the zone, and that is, you know, you just bombard your opponents with everything and they can they can't focus on all the things that are going on. I always say this, and people don't understand this about Trump, And if even if I feel like I understand his m O, and even if you don't like him, you should understand his m His MO is walking to a room, throw a hand grenade and let everyone freak out. Okay, And while you're over there in that corner freaking out about this, he's over in that corner getting the thing done you really want, and you should you should realize that, like does he do you really think he is spending endless amounts of time on getting rid of paper straws?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 8: Does he want to do it? Yeah, but he's not spend a lot of time on it. But he knows you're gonna obsess on it. So while you're obsessing on that, he's over here attacking the USA I d or he's getting hostages released. He's like, you know, it's like it's a diversion. You should realize this by now.
Speaker 2: He likes, he likes getting that big picture out there.
Speaker 1: Everyone else is gonna worry how he's gonna get good point A to point B.
Speaker 2: And he's got other people to figure that out.
Speaker 8: Ye, get it out there.
Speaker 2: It's gonna happen down the road.
Speaker 8: The amount of people that are upset that people that there's a team of folks exposing government corruption that is that is mind blowing to me. That people are viscerally upset. And I'm here at news departments all across the country. They're like, oh my god, they're going after idea. They're doing this, they're doing that. And the fact that they are upset that someone is finding ways that the government has been abusing your tax dollars for decades and decades and you're upset about it. I can't relate to that.
Speaker 1: Well, they're getting this because they're getting closer to the target and when you know when it's going to be your rocks and Gord, I mean, you're the one that's out there. And I talked to Brad Winster yesterday and I said, you know, I said, did you know it was this bad? And he said no, he did. He was in Congress, you know, twelve years. He didn't he knew it was bad. Didn't know what was this bad?
Speaker 8: Well, well, that's the thing. We all knew it was bad. We all knew what was happening, but he couldn't prove it. But now they got the team of people with the help of AI, which I go read up on that how they're using AI to find all these sort of wastes and things like that, along with the whole Doge team. I'm glad it's happened.
Speaker 2: All right, what do you got coming up right out of the gate.
Speaker 8: We're gonna have Mark Sheldon live from spring training on that front.
Speaker 2: Catchers report important today. Yeah, oh that's big, So.
Speaker 8: We're gonna get He wrote an article that I read it was appear on MLB dot com. And also that's talking about his projection for the roster, and there's gonna be some competition and maybe a little shake up, which is always a good thing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: It's not like we're coming in and you know, the twenty five man roster right out.
Speaker 2: Of gate resteritory. Frank conne Man, it's gonna be big.
Speaker 4: Should be good.
Speaker 2: All right, Rock have a great shop.
Speaker 1: Thanks bre We'll see you later on seven hundred ww mm hm