Speaker 1: You're listening to kf I AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. By the way, you know who invented the Molotov cocktail?
Speaker 2: Molentov?
Speaker 1: No, mister cocktail, here's stupid. Thank you, and now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: Good morning everybody. It is a Wednesday morning, June fourth, oh, coming up June sixth, D Day. I haven't thought about that until just now. We gonna do anything for D Day? I have no idea we should put something together for D Day. A little bit of history. All right, let me say hello to everybody here. Good morning, Amy?
Speaker 4: Is it Bill? Is it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: There was last night? How much it just it just poured.
Speaker 4: Wasn't it great?
Speaker 1: I mean the rain came down and it was just was it? I don't know if the were we did we know about that? Did the way? The report? Yes, the forecast said it was coming.
Speaker 4: We had news stories about it yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, obviously I didn't pay attention, but it told.
Speaker 4: Me you don't pay attention to my news.
Speaker 1: That's because I'm preparing for the show. Okay, It's not that I don't pay attention to your news. Well, I don't pay attention in your news, but I do prepare for the show. I actually read a story or two as go ahead.
Speaker 6: Oh, I was just going to say, we were actually thinking it was going to be mostly in the valleys and mountain areas, but it really kind of hit all.
Speaker 4: Over the place because you got it right County.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I got it right in La and I thought it was great. I love the thunder and the little bit of hail.
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was that summertime in the city. Okay. And good morning, good morning, or there you are chewing on something and cono, yeah you are, well, good morning, well, good morning, good morning. There you are microphone and yeah, good morning everybody. I don't know why I go through this. I really don't. Okay, we don't either, Yeah, I want to. Neil will stop it right there. All right, A couple of things going on. Today is the last day that you can enter the contest for Saturday Night's Dinner at the Anaheim White House. And it is the first time we've done this at all the thirty year north of thirty years that this show Morning Show has been on with me and We've never had the entire crew go to dinner at one time, and that's exactly what we're doing Saturday night at the Anaheim white House. And five winners plus one plus again are going to join us, and it's going to be infinitely fun and with absolutely insane food from the Anaheim white House. And so here, today's the last day to enter. Here's how you enter. You go to the iHeartRadio app during the show and you click on the bill handle show in the upp right hand corner. There's a microphone. You click on that and then you record why you want you or you should go to the dinner. We'll take some of the more fun ones, throw them in a hat and pull a name out, and the five winners will be notified tomorrow that you have been invited, and we'll play some of the well, actually we'll play all five, I think, to show how sick and to prave we really are. By the way, since you know we're coming Saturday night, all of us, there may be a few of you who have decided that you're also going to the Anaheim white House just to say hello, we are going to be there, and we are now right now writing a song for those of you that are showing up just to see us? Is that? Haha? You have to pay for your dinner. And we'll be putting that one together. We'll see what happens. It should be a lot of fun. We're gonna be in our own room and making fun of everybody else. So what more can I say? Hell?
Speaker 2: Would anybody come out to see us?
Speaker 1: Well? First of all, the food is that good at the Anaheim Way? Okay? So there there is? And just harass us? Oh I forgot we bring do we bring Dana security this time around? Usually whenever there's an official KFI event, there's always armed security because they are crazy people.
Speaker 2: Out there now talking about it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. You know, yeah, you may be right. You may be right, Cono and I will be caring. Yeah, okay, all right, don't know you figure this out. This is not well thought out.
Speaker 1: I put this thing together and I just have not planned this out very well. Okay, anyway, moving on, moving on, let's do it. We've got a bunch of stories today. Oh, just a great story at eight fifty about you stopping, you know, stopping at a hotel the night before you're going someplace. You go to a hotel, a Saturday night hotel. You know, you're flying out and you decide you're going to overnight at a hotel at the airport. And I've done that. You know, you spend a few dollars because you want to get close to the airplane. You want to get close to the airport. The next day it's five hundred bucks a night now and it's it's gotten to be insane. So I'll talk about that later on. And I have exactly that's going on with me coming up in the next couple of months. Okay, let's do it, guys. It's time for Handle on the News on this Wednesday morning, June fourth, with Amy Neil and me lead story over the.
Speaker 2: AMMA Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Well, this morning we woke up to a fifty percent tariff on steel and aluminum and why not. The President announced that last week and it goes into effect today and we'll see if he backs up on this one. Now, the American steel industry is thrilled. Wow, that's you're going to stop bringing in steel an aluminum. We're going to produce it ourselves. Well, there may be some car manufacturers that are a little bit upset about this. Can aluminum can manufacturers, people that manufacture all kinds of goods that use steel and aluminum. So here we go. The trade wars are going full blast. We want to make a big I'll make a point about this. Do you remember as President Trump started the trade war that he said that we are negotiating with other countries. We are in the middle of negotiations with seventy eight countries, and we are going to have by the end of the week we'll be announcing the trade agreements, the new trade agreements. That was months ago. And you know how many trade agreements have been announced with other countries. Zero don't have any yet. And so people are sweating bullets, looking at recession, looking at where we're going economically. It's not going to be easy. Other than life has changed dramatically. I have no idea where we're going to go. Oh here's a change with Elon Amy.
Speaker 4: Well, the question is, Elon, how do you really feel?
Speaker 6: I think we know now he's posted on x He was did like ten posts really just lashing out against the big beautiful bill. He said that it was a disgusting abomination and said House members, those of you who voted for it, you know you did wrong. He criticized the bill, as I mentioned in about ten posts, he said, I'm sorry, I can't stand it anymore. He said the bill is massive, outrageous, and pork filled, saying it would massively increase the already gigantic budget deficit and that Congress is making America bankrupt.
Speaker 1: Did anybody have any doubt that Musk and Trump were going to go different paths? And I not particularly like each other. We started mentioning that right when must started getting all the publicity, he was getting more publicity and more attention than was the president. And I think at that moment things were going to go south. And then we now have the issue of all of the bill, the big beautiful bill, which was supposed to cut expenses. It's not. It's going to increase the deficit. It's going to cost more. But that's a different issue. And I think Musk is particularly upset because the bill cuts a lot of subsidies for oh, I don't know, electric cars. Huh. No self interest there with Musk is there.
Speaker 5: You called it pretty early on though, that that was a love that was going to break up ugly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it is. And now and who has the bigger stick? Here both saying if you don't agree with what I think you to Republicans, you're going to be in trouble because effectively, I'm going to primary you out. And Musk is willing to spend hundreds of millions of dollars. Trump is willing to spend spend Trump dollars, which is his reputation and his influence. Trump's going to win that. Musk you out of his Musk is out of his league on this one.
Speaker 2: The irony here is disgusting.
Speaker 5: Abomination is what people refer to his cyber truck ads.
Speaker 2: But yes, it is ugly, it is hideous.
Speaker 1: But do you know anybody who has one of those?
Speaker 2: Everybody on the street.
Speaker 1: I know, I know several people who have them, and they love them, right, they love them. Every every every person who has a cyber truck that I know of, and it's probably half a dozen that I either know or i've met, love them.
Speaker 5: They've got to be beautiful on the inside because they are fugly on the outside.
Speaker 1: All right, take a break, we'll be back. What are you munching on there?
Speaker 2: Will?
Speaker 1: Let me see that. Oh they're Fredo's original FreeDOS. How cool is that?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 1: Know it's it's not appropriate to eat while you're on the air. I just want to let you know that. Oh really, yeah, Oh I don't do it to eat. I do it for entertainment purposes. Okay, I just want to point that out. That's correct, all right? You entertaining me myself as I munched through them. Oh, you're right. I haven't done for Tata's in a while. Oh okay, you know, thank you for reminding me. I'm going They're going in the toastrab in a minute. All right, more handle on the news with Oh, someone has to mute Neil and Amy and me.
Speaker 2: So professional and me.
Speaker 5: The horrible attack in Boulder, Colorado on Sunday. The man who's charged with the attack, his family members are now in custody, and you have Homeland Security Secretary Christy G. Nome made an announcement on x calling the suspect an illegal alien and terrorists, and he's facing multiple counts of attempted murder federal hate crime charges. Injured twelve people and now six people Sulomon's wife or Solomon's wife and children were taken into ice custody and now being processed under expedited removal Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're on their way out. And I think the Reasonam called him an illegal alien and a terrorist is because he's an illegal alien and a terrorist.
Speaker 2: That seems to fit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does. And the video, if you've seen the video, they have video of him actually throwing the Molotov cocktail and it's just horrific and people exploding into flames. I mean, it's just crazy, including an eighty eight year old Holocaust survivor, and it's just it's tough. This was a pro Israeli demonstration, only a few people that.
Speaker 2: Were there, and no one tackled him. No one did anything. Huh.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody tackled him. He was holding molotov cocktail. I mean, the police showed up very quickly, and I think he threw two of them and he had another sixteen or whatever at his side. Here's a story and horrific.
Speaker 6: The USS Harvey Milk maybe taking its last voyage. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has ordered the Navy to rename the oil ship that was named after gay rights activist Harvey Milk.
Speaker 4: Of course, he was a.
Speaker 6: Former Navy lieutenant who served during the Korean War. He had to resign from the Navy after four years and accept an other than honorable discharge because he's gay, And then he was elected to He was the first openly gay man elected to public office in California back in nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 1: I have a question, and that is, look where we're going with this. Also on the books or on the shopping block are names of civil rights leaders, Harriet Tobman, for example, and a few others. Are we going so far backwards that homosexuality is going to there's a move to make it criminal again. Is that where we're going?
Speaker 5: I don't know if it goes that far, but certainly it makes zero sense when I saw this, especially during Pride Month. I guess makes it even worse, but it just seems like a horribly stupid and cruel.
Speaker 1: Cruel marginalizing it once again. It marginalizes gay people and says you are you are no better than it's just you know, those first gay elected official in California? Right? Is that something to be proud of? I am. I look at where we have gone in terms of LGBTQ rights, and it's you know, I think it is progress in terms of accepting gay gay rights LGBTQ rights. And now we're moving way.
Speaker 4: Back well, and he was assassinated, right, Yes, he was.
Speaker 2: He was assassinated.
Speaker 5: Defense Bill, the famous defense of the guy that shot him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the twinkie defense.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The guy was he had eaten so many Twinkies that he had a sugar overload, reacted to that, his body reacted to sugar. It didn't work very well in any case. Or it did work actually to some extent. And this is how Diane Feinstein became a figure. She was a member of the city council. She became mayor because George Moscone was also killed, and then she stepped in she was lieutenant or whatever she was on the city council to step in for him. And then she became ram for Senate and won. I mean, it's a hell of a story, but come on, guys, really.
Speaker 5: There's no reason, right, there is no I think.
Speaker 1: Was right on sure, No, there is there is a Okay, let's take a break. We'll come back Wednesday morning, June fourth. More Handle on the News with Amy Neil and me.
Speaker 4: I think it's neat right.
Speaker 2: FBI Director Cash Patel, Yes.
Speaker 1: Hell, yes, yeah, you're on all right.
Speaker 5: FBI director Cash Ptel told Fox News Digital that the case involving two Chinese nationals who were charged Tuesday. They were charged with allegedly smuggling in a dangerous biological pathogen into the US to study at the University of Michigan Laboratory, and he says it's a serious national security threat to America's food supply because what they smuggled in can cause disease of wheat, barley, maize, rice, and could cause a lot of reproductive defects in humans and livestock and all kinds of problems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm assuming that that didn't go through regular channels. I can see university studying pathogens. But my guess is there has to be some kind of procedure where they bring them in. These guys brought them in what little plastic bags and were caught.
Speaker 2: Oh lovely, they smuggled it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course they did.
Speaker 4: Did anybody else see the Last of Us?
Speaker 6: I mean, come on, you did, no, Like the fungus overtakes the world and kills their everybody and turns everybody else into zombies.
Speaker 1: I did not see that. It's a documentary. Is a documentary?
Speaker 2: Right? Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay?
Speaker 4: It's based actually, it's a series based on.
Speaker 2: A video focus is real.
Speaker 5: It's just oh, okay, it doesn't but it doesn't affect close.
Speaker 4: Well, you never know though it could, of course, you never know.
Speaker 2: Well, one one can hope, yeh God.
Speaker 4: Well, at least she doesn't have to lie.
Speaker 6: La Mayor Bass will not be called as a witness in a multi day federal court hearing that could determine whether the city's homelessness programs.
Speaker 4: Are placed in receivership.
Speaker 6: The La Alliance for Human Rights had subpoenad Bass and city council members Monica Rodriguez and Tracy Park. They've been going back and forth over it. They said that they would have delayed the proceedings by several months, so they just withdrew the request or the subpoena.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the city fought it and didn't want to appear, so play chicken and they won.
Speaker 6: The city hired some apparently some very powerful attorneys with our money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very special. I think Karen Bass is going to be wiped out at the next election, or I certainly hope. So one can hope.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: President Donald Trump asking Congress to clawback some nine point four billion in federal funding to reflect a portion of the cuts made by Elon.
Speaker 2: Musks Department of Government Efficiency.
Speaker 5: In this particular case, this request is looking at Corporation for Public Broadcasting that's NPR funding and PBS funding, and some foreign aid agencies such as US Agency for International Development and the World Health Organization.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're, we're. Life is changing very quickly. Coming up at eight o'clock, I'm going to do a topic that's going to expand this a little bit more in terms of what's cutting, what's being cut, and what is being funded. And was an article out of The Atlantic that Anne found, and it's pretty scary stuff, you know. It is. I'm sweating bullets over where we're going. And I'll explain a little bit more at eight o'clock. And the scary part is that there is a good portion of Americans to say, oh, yeah, that's exactly what we want. And so I'll talk more about that at eight.
Speaker 6: All I can say on this one is thank goodness there was some common sense on this one. A four year old girl who's up in Bakersfield is being treated at Children's Hospital LA for something called short vowel syndrome. She basically can't ingest food and process, so they need to give her nutrition intravenously. She and her family were granted humanitarian parole, but then they were possibly facing deportation. Well, now the US government has said that they have been granted humanitarian parole, which allows them to stay at least for another year, probably as they continue their fight to keep her eye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were originally granted, as you said, humanitarian parole, and then DHS changed its mind and a letter went out to the family, it is time for you to leave the United States. If you do not depart the United States immediately, you will be subject to potential law enforcement actions that will result in your removal from the United States. Now the optics of that, what more on in the department said that wrote a letter to a girl's family that she was going to die within days if she was deported.
Speaker 4: I think they sent it out to everybody, didn't they.
Speaker 1: I understand. But she got that letter and they knew about it. I mean it was or maybe it just fell through the cracks and they didn't care. Which I was talking to someone and it may be. Yeah, I don't think that the administration is going specifically after people who are about to die and go after them. But I think what's happening is a lot of collateral damages being done. I think a lot of people are being just swept up, like that guy from you know who was deported to Venezuela, you know, to the prison and he's still there. And I think just a lot more people are unfortunately being swept up than this huge move. So yeah, and they did. She got the According to the family's lawyers, she received three letters from the Department of Homeland Security. I said yesterday, the problem is going to be I'll tell you who the ones that are going to do the best, who are illegal aliens, are the ones that the government doesn't know about. If you were dumb enough to apply for asylum, if you were dumb enough to under let's say the Dreamer Act, where they know who you are, they know exactly where you work and where you live. You're in trouble, all right, take a break, come back, and we'll finish it up on this ever lovely Wednesday morning. Okay, guys, let's finish up handle on the news on this lovely June fourth, Amy, Neil.
Speaker 2: And Me speaking of getting drunk. Point of pride.
Speaker 5: Here a Stein holding contest record was set in our very own Big Bear up the hill not.
Speaker 2: Far from us right now.
Speaker 5: Two national steinholding records were broken Saturday during the eighth annual Big Bear Mayfest, vaulting the mountain town into the spotlight, which is pretty darn cool. So you have Bob Shellak of New Jersey. He set the men's US record holding a full beer stein, which is about five pounds, with his arm outstretched.
Speaker 2: For twenty five minutes and twenty nine seconds.
Speaker 5: And then yeah, that's actually that five pounds gets heavy pretty quickly, it does.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, O, Neil and Anne and Amy. Now I understand we're holding back the story that World War three is just about to start for a stein holding record in Big Bear. Very very good, excellent.
Speaker 5: Well, we were trying to make it tied to your own interest.
Speaker 2: We originally thought he was holding out a Jewish man.
Speaker 1: That's not bad. I was thinking along those terms, but I was not gonna Yeah, no, I understand. You know, stop Steinhold's division.
Speaker 5: Celeste stealers Latic made history as well.
Speaker 2: Six minutes fifty four seconds.
Speaker 1: Okay, look at the okay, look at the difference between what twenty five minutes and six minutes for a woman. Now, if they put a trans in there, it would have been probably three times as much as the five minutes. All right, moving on, Since.
Speaker 6: You want doom and death and destruction, we can thank Canada for our dirty air. There are two hundred and six wildfires burning in Canada, one hundred and six of them are out of control, and all that dirty air, the smoke from the fires is pushing down into the US. North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Minnesota air qualities reached unhealthy levels and the plume has gone as far south as the Florida Georgia line.
Speaker 1: What is this about Canada that last year the same situation, hundreds of fires going across that part of Canada.
Speaker 4: Do they not fight them?
Speaker 1: Of course they fight them, but I just don't get it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: But in certain places they don't like it.
Speaker 6: When wildfires were breaking out in Oregon for a time in a wilderness area, they were like, it's natural. They let it burn and then it got too big. And I'm wondering if Canada has some of those same policies.
Speaker 1: I'm just thinking that that's we didn't hear this years ago, and now all of a sudden, this part of Canada is burning up, and you know they do fight them. You know those super Scooper airplanes, those yellow ones that fly in scoop water off of bodies of water.
Speaker 2: Those Canadian Yeah, they're from Quebec.
Speaker 4: Well they've loaned them all to us, so they.
Speaker 1: Don't have any Well, they don't loan them to us. We pay a pretty penny for it. They're leased to us.
Speaker 4: They lease them to us, so they don't they lease them.
Speaker 1: They lease them to La County. No, La County could buy them. They just want to lease them and they stay parked during fire season.
Speaker 2: Do you think this is God judging them for being mean to Trump?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that tracks all right.
Speaker 5: More face parent Meta Platform has announced twenty year deal with a massive nuclear energy provider to supply electricity to power its artificial intelligence data centers. You know they suck up a butt ton of electricity to run those things.
Speaker 1: I mean, so does the Internet. But this is yeah, this is crazy. It's on a level. It's a magnitude level of magnitude. Yeah, it's nukes are coming back as they should because there's no way that we are going to get rid of fossil fuel, the coal burn well, not coal burning, because I don't think I'm any of those, but natural burning, and now a natural gas burning power power companies that well, the power plants they use natural gas. And you can't do it without nukes. It's impossible, and Meta understands that. And it's a twenty year deal.
Speaker 4: It's close to free for your furry friends. If you're looking to expand your family.
Speaker 6: It's on Saturday. It's California Adopt a Pet Day. So the SPCA LA is offering twenty five dollars adoptions for dogs, cats, and kittens at all three of its adoption centers. There's the SPC A LA adoption center in LA there's another one in Hawthorne and another one in Long Beach. They're all open on Saturday. Again, twenty five dollars to adopt a dog, cat, or kitten does not apply to puppies under three months old.
Speaker 1: We were making such strides in terms of stopping euthanizing animals with the shelters, with people buying or adopting shelter dogs, rescue dogs and cats, and now it's going the other way. And so you know, adopt an animal they're great, you know. I mean they eat your kids, granted, and they crap all over the house.
Speaker 2: But so what your latest dog adopted? Was it a rescue?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, latest dog was not. We went through a bunch of shelter dogs this time, this time not. It's one out of three. I wonder why it's going backwards exactly. Yeah, that's that. Don't look at me on that one. Okay.
Speaker 2: Does he have fun writing your private elevator?
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's a public elevator, going to invite. We invite people in every morning.
Speaker 2: Want to get high?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I think we're done. I think we are done and coming up, no surprise, And it makes a lot of sense. And Musk is right on this anyway. He rails against Trump, calling the tax bill a disgusting abomination. So let's just say Musk and the President are at odds now and that is a shocker, isn't it. We'll do that when we come back. KFI Am six you've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.