Speaker 1: Last week, with little to no coverage from mainstream media, was an important ruling that came out of a federal court in New York by a George H. W. Bush appointed judge named Loretta Presca. Judge Presca entering an order that states that grand jury materials that were previously sealed by another federal judge in the lawsuit that was for defamation that was brought by the late Virginia Geoffrey against Glen Maxwell, well, those grand jury materials can be unsealed. Those materials were provided two federal prosecutors that were seeking the indictment against Jeffrey Epstein. They were grand jury materials. They were a part of that case that was built against Jeffrey Epstein, and they have been under seal since then. And then you have to think about the universe of information that's there that could be incredibly helpful in the pursuit of transparency.
Speaker 2: In this federal judge.
Speaker 1: Said, despite Glenn Maxwell's attempts to quote Lodge a veritable kitchen sink of objections to the government's request to publish the sealed materials in compliance with the Epstein File Transparency Act, Judge Presca said, I am going to unseal the remaining materials in the government's possession because they should quote become part of the public record, subject to any victim protecting redactions authorized by the Act end quote. Now think about this, though, these are documents quote in the possession of the government.
Speaker 2: Remember these were grand jury materials.
Speaker 1: So there is a very real likelihood that there is going to be a challenge to dislodge these materials in any meaningful way to be able to discern information from them, because they are held by the Trump DOJ. All of that being said, that is not the end of the fight when it comes to transparency. There was other news an order that was entered just yesterday that deals with a lawsuit that was brought by Epstein victims against the government, specifically against the FBI for its failure to investigate, do anything, especially after this information was provided by people like Maria Farmer and by a woman named Andre Christiansen, a former Playboy playmate who was living in the Hugh Hefner Playboy mansion, told Hugh Hefner that she had been raped and trafficked by Epstein. Hugh Hefner himself calling the FBI and repeatedly advising that she had been abused, raped, and trafficked by Epstein and the FBI did nothing. Those are the allegations that are made by Christiansen. We know that Maria Farmer decades ago let the FBI know what the hell was going on, and they did nothing. And so this lawsuit asserts that the FBI failed these victim survivors in their inaction. I went into great detail about all of this news Insidebar Live. Take a listen. Okay, let's pull up this order Sidney. Okay, this is fresh out of the Southern District of Florida. People, here's some breaking news. Now what you're looking not here is something called a report and recommendation from a magistiate judge. Now you've heard me explain it, Katie Fang News. You've got federal courts that have the district court judges, and then you have these judges called magistrate judges who are assigned to those district court judges. And these mag judges, as we call them in short hand, these mag judges take over some of the work that the federal judges would do or could do. But you know they're very busy handling stuff, right, and so this report and recommendation you're looking at here was just entered today in a federal court in Florida. And this lawsuit was brought by several Jane Does. They are victims of Epstein, Maxwell and others, and they sued the United States government because.
Speaker 2: The FBI failed them.
Speaker 1: The allegations in this lawsuit is that the phone calls and the reports were made I'm talking decades ago people by somebody like Maria Farmer, one of the original reportees of this abuse and of the crimes. Maria talked to the FBI. The FBI told her we will look into this, and then they did nothing. And then there was a woman who was a Playboy playmate, and maybe you've seen these headlines and you didn't understand what was going on. Her name is Odra Christiansen. She alleges that she too was a victim of Jeffrey Epstein. She talked to a man named Hugh Hefner. Do you remember Hugh Hefner, the guy who was the Playboy magnet. I guess is what we could call. So apparently Playboy playmate Odra Christiansen was living in the Playboy mansion. She was sexually abused by Epstein and trafficked to other men by Epstein. She was so upset by what happened. She told that to Hugh Hefner. Hefner said, Audra, report it to the FBI. She said, please, Hugh Hefner, will you call the FBI in my behalf, because I think that you have connections and clout and that people would take it seriously if you were.
Speaker 2: To do so.
Speaker 1: Here we go, folks, Hugh Hafner, and look, I see your comments. I'm not saying Hefner gets his angel's wings at all. Let me be clear, but I want you to listen to this carefully because this deals with the FBI. Ready, Hugh Hefner called the FBI multiple times to report Jeffrey Epsen to the FBI, and the FBI ignored it. Okay now, for more than fifteen years, according to this lawsuit, the FBI failed to investigate tips filed by Maria Farmer, Audra Christiansen and others. Now, after Epstein dies mysteriously in twenty nineteen, as we know, Christiansen again reached out to the FBI to report that she had been raped by Epstein and by a Hong Kong billionaire by the name of Stanley Hoe. She also claimed to the FBI that she had been trafficked for ten years. Do you think the FBI did anything about it back in twenty twenty No. As we sit here today as well, twenty twenty six, do you think we think the FBI has done shit.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: Now you want to get a little bit angrier about them not doing anything.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 1: The FBI, in defending this lawsuit that has been brought by these victims of Jeffrey Epstein, Maxwell and others, says, too late, so sad, too bad. The FBI claims they're not liable because these women should have called again to the FBI.
Speaker 2: The FBI said, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, victims, you should have been on notice that if you didn't hear from us at the FBI, that you should have been letting us know again. And guess what, you dropped the timing ball. So your claims are now time barred from being able to move forward.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: Federal prosecutors defending this lawsuit, and by the way, kudos to Julie Brown, one of my personal heroes.
Speaker 2: But listen to this.
Speaker 1: Federal prosecutors defending this lawsuit said that the victims must have known about the Epstein crimes for years, given the extensive media coverage, But because they failed to file their claim against the FBI within a reasonable time span, their lawsuit should be dismissed. Close your ears. Those that are easily offended, are you fucking kidding me? Timely complaints are filed with the FBI. We've seen some of those three O twos, haven't we in the Epstein files that had been publicly disclosed footnote not all of the handwritten FBI interview notes that are a part of my lawsuit right now, right in the prellminary injunction. But the FBI, I'm not surprised, right if you guys think about it. I mean, it's kind of on brand for the Trump DOJ to take the position that the victims should be doing more, that the victims should be doing more. It's kind of similar to this idea, like you know, when they're like, well, you know these quote illegal aliens, Well, they should have come here legally. What about all the people that are here that do the legal process and then they get their asylum or their temporary protective status or they don't even you know, get to participate in the process, and then they're deemed to be illegal, and then they get their asses right round it up, deported, and maybe they even die.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's the same idea, right, It's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, the victims, you should be doing more because we're not going to do our own damn job, and or we're just going to sit there and make it more difficult for you to be able to do stuff.
Speaker 2: It's outrageous, people, It.
Speaker 1: Truly is so thou now that you have the background, are you ready that order that I was showing you. What's so great about this order is it is denied the FBI's motion to dismiss. The FBI filed a motion to dismiss this lawsuit brought by these Epstein survivors, these victims.
Speaker 2: Now listen.
Speaker 1: It's a reported recommendation, which means that the FBI can quote like do like a mini appeal to the presiding district court judge. But this is a well reasoned opinion that it's been done by the magistrate judge.
Speaker 2: And let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: This this is important because if there's accountability to be had, we have to find it every which way we can, and we have to pry that accountability out of the cold dead hands of this Trump dj and this Trump administration.
Speaker 2: And this is yet another way of doing it.
Speaker 1: Now, some more good news on the Epstein files Transparency Front check this out. Just last week, a federal judge in New York, her name is Loretta what's her last name, dunt dund dum.
Speaker 2: I just had it right here.
Speaker 1: Loretta Presca, us district or Judge Loretta Presca ruled that the late Virginia Gufrey's twenty fifteen civil lawsuit against Glenn Maxwell can be unsealed. She this federal judge has ordered the public release of the files from Virginia's defamation lawsuit against Glenn Maxwell. Now, remember I mentioned Julie Brown a couple of minutes ago. Well, let's mention her again, and let's give her a amazing round of applause for her tenacious reporting and for her and the Miami Herald local journalism doing good fighting for the unsealing of this civil lawsuit. To refresh uracollection, or perhaps to let you know what happened, Glenn Maxwell defamed Virginia Duffrey when Glenn Maxwell publicly stated that Virginia Gufrey was a liar when she said that she had been sexually abused and trafficked by Epstein and others. And let me be clear, Virginia brought this defamation lawsuit all the way back in twenty fifteen. People, that's eleven years ago, because Glaigne Maxwell publicly said Virginia is a liar who had made up allegations of being sexually abused by Epstein, Maxwell and other powerful men like Alan Dershowitz and the former Prince Andrew. So, Virginia sued Glenn Maxwell for defamation and as a part of that lawsuit, can you imagine how specific and detailed the discovery was that went back and forth from side to side. That lawsuit settled in early of twenty seventeen. The former presiding judge on that civil defamation lawsuit, who this guy's now dead. His name is Robert Sweet. He issued a blanket order that sealed the entire documents because he said they were too sensitive and private. He says, there's a protective order. We're not going to let things like hearings, judicial decisions, depositions and other evidence be released. But now, but now, this other judge, Loretta Presca, says, because of the Epstein Files Transparency Act, having been passed into law in November of twenty twenty five. This judge says that Epstein Files Transparency Act trumps and I will use that pun all the way to the successful end of my own lawsuit. The Epstein File Transparency Act trumps any of these prior protective orders or any of these blanket sealing orders that came from this other judge who's now dead over this defamation lawsuit. So all of this information can be released to the public. But wait, let's talk about the details. What I always say here at Katie fang New is the devil is always in those details. Check this out now, Judge Presca, up until now has been doing a victim by victim evaluation of what should be released and what should not be reased, Like whose name stays redacted? Whose name doesn't stay redacted? Does that kind of sound familiar to you? You know what I am struggling with in my own case that now Blanche has allowed people and my lawsuit to self identify as victims, or to allow them to use lawyers to it to identify themselves as victims. And that is why Blanche is redacting everybody's names from being able to be revealed.
Speaker 2: Now here's the thing.
Speaker 1: We're not talking about thousands of documents that are currently held in some random location in this lawsuit that was brought, this defamation lawsuit. We are talking documents that are a part of the Epstein files as defined by the ones that are held by the DOJ. So guess what's going to happen Now we now get this order from Judge Presca saying unseal and release, and that is going to collide with who Todd Blanche at the DOJ. So according to Julie Brown, the documents are in the possession of the DOJ. The DOJ will have to redact and then release. But we're talking almost a ninety one hundred thousand pages of documents. We're talking a lot of documents here, and they speak directly to the allegations. And remember we talk about this a lot here. Defamation is a very interesting legal claim to make because when you sue somebody for defamation, you put at issue what is claimed by one side to be a lie and the other side to be the truth. And that is why you put at issue the story. And so you can I can imagine the nature of the discovery in this lawsuit the depositions, the interrogatories, the production of documents, the communications. I mean, there is some serious overlap here. Especially remember my lawsuit seeks the production of the entirety of the Epstein Files as held by the DOJ, and that would necessarily include these documents that have now been ordered to be unsealed by Judge Presca. So I foresee a battle on the imminent event horizon with Todd Blanche and the DOJ. But you have the power of another federal judge stating that the Epstein Files Transparency Act, the purpose of it is to make this type of public disclosure, and that is exactly the crux of my lawsuit. It helps my lawsuit, folks. So I am grateful for this order. I'm grateful for the continued or reporting, and I want to just say again thank you to jul Brown and the Miami Herald for pushing for suing to get to get these records unsealed. It is a basic tenet of journalism that the public deserves to know the information in this type of lawsuit, of course, with protections for victims that.
Speaker 2: Are afforded those protections. But as Judge EMMITTT.
Speaker 1: Sullivan said on Thursday, at the hearing that we went to that status hearing in DC. The public and the victims have the right to know what the hell is going on in my case and now in this other case that had been brought by the late Virginia Giuffrey Katie Fang. Here, we launched the Katifang News Channel in partnership with the Midas Touch Network, so we could bring you the latest and legal and political news straight, no chaser. So if you're a fellow truth teller, hit that subscribe button and share the word about this channel so we can build a information America together. I want you to consider this reporting from the New York Times because I found it to be absolutely fascinating. There was no public polling ahead of the Democratic primary for the United States Senate seat in Florida that is currently held by incumbent Republican Ashley Moody, and that Democratic primary last night resulted in a huge, a huge upset by current Florida State Representative Angie Nixon against alex Vinman. And I'm talking big, big numbers for Angie Nixon. Now, there's a lot of labeling that's going into this announcement or this analysis, right because Angie is a member of the Democratic Socialists of America. But during our conversation I wanted to explore that with her because for me, in my opinion, the labeling is not helpful. In my opinion, we should be looking at the candidate and the issues and the policies and the positions that the candidate holds. And for somebody like Angie Nixon, who understands how hard it is to earn a dollar and let that dollar stretch, she's somebody who understands the value of affordability in the truest sense of the word. So I wanted to speak to Angie immediately after her amazing win and talk about the prospects going into the general election against Ashley Moody in November, and why going back to what it really means to be a grass roots campaigner, why that made sense for her joining me now is the person that is going to be the next United States Senator from the state of Florida. Angie Nixon, first and foremost, congratulations on a race well run.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me. I'm super excited.
Speaker 1: Look, may I call you Angie, because look, I know you technically have a title of state representative, but I'd love to be able to let the viewers know, Angie, just how much hard work went into this incredible win. I want to stay on the numbers. The numbers are so important here always. You secured at least fifty six percent of the vote, and when it came to fundraising, nine hundred and seventy five thousand versus Alex Vinman's sixteen point three million, and you still pulled off the primary win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we pulled off the primary win with old fashion organizing. And what's important to know, we knew we were going to win because we are organizers. We just didn't know we were going to win by that much. Look, Katie, we traveled all across the state of Florida, having conversations with tens of thousands of Floridians from the Payhandle all the way down to the Keys, and we had tough conversations with people as well, folks who we didn't agree with ideologically. But you know, at the end of those conversations, they respected me because I showed up. And they literally told me that they respected me because I showed up and I didn't run away from those conversations. And that's what we need in the next United States senator. Too often, many of our lawmakers, particularly unelected Ashley Moody, they won't even have in person town hall meetings. She very rarely goes on the news unless it's a favorable news organization like Fox, and people don't want that. People want someone who is accountable and will answer their question, someone who's transparent.
Speaker 3: And I'm looking forward.
Speaker 4: To being that type of person for them when I become their next United States Senator.
Speaker 1: Well, it's consistent, it's who you are. You'll just have it with a different title as you a senator. But I think this is important. I want people to know this. Enerji, you drove yourself sometimes in your own personal call. You're those couches. If that's what it took, I mean you did what we've always called grassroots. I think people have lost sight of what it means to be grassroots. I think people use it as a throwaway term because look, we're you know, we're driven by technology these days. It is the twenty first century, but nothing beats the literal look me in the white of the eyes, sit me down and talk to me about what makes the difference in my life.
Speaker 4: You are exactly right, and folks love that because they crave community, especially in a time where we are so disconnected via social media and people are going through a lot right now. People are working harder than ever and they are still struggling. And meanwhile you have folks like Ashley Moody and Donald Trump who are working less and less and less and they're getting richer. And so that grassroots organizing is something that they understood. They saw me when my tire split on the road. I told my videographer who was with me, I was like, girl, go ahead and video tape is because people will not believe what I'm going through right now.
Speaker 3: And that really resonated with folks.
Speaker 4: They want someone who understands what they're going through. And me, having been a single mom for twelve years.
Speaker 3: I number one know how to stretch a dollar.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that's why we were able to do what we did on this campaign. But also I know about grit and I know about what it's like when I had to decide whether or not I could afford my daughter's EpiPen and asthma pump, or if I wanted to make sure she had enough food to eat, And those are decisions that people shouldn't have to make and there's so many people in our country that are having to make a decision about what to do in that situation, and it should never happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let's be clear, number one, these poor economic conditions are the fault of Republicans. And in Florida it has been Republicans for decades now. We got governors that are Republicans, we got state Senate that's run by Republicans, we got a state legislator for our state reps run by Republicans. Right, so, if there's anything going on in Florida, it's Republican. And then you also have a what I call the power trifecta on the federal level. You got a Republican president, a Republican controlled Senate, a Republican controlled House of Representatives.
Speaker 2: Which is why these conditions, even though.
Speaker 1: We're all being effected regardless of our party affiliation, it's because of Republicans that have become lazy.
Speaker 2: They are entitled.
Speaker 1: And for example, something like Ashley Moody, she never even had to run.
Speaker 2: For the job that she has.
Speaker 1: She was hand picked by Ron DeSantis to be able to serve in the role that she has right now.
Speaker 4: And she was hand pied after she allowed ten million dollars that was supposed to go to wars our most medically needy kids, to actually be diverted to defeat two citizens. We had ballot initiatives that we signed petitions to get placed on the ballot. They decided to push back and use money to make up lies about what it would have done, and so it defeated those ballot initiatives even though an overwhelmingly big majority voted in favor of it. And y'all, that is so corrupt. But I mean, that's who Ashley Moody is. She also is the rubber stamp and the water holder for Donald Trump, who is the biggest, the biggest scammer in our country's history as a president. And folks are tired of it. And so I'm looking forward to going to Washington, d C. To provide every day, hardworking people with some relief after we work to you know, impeach and I vote to remove Donald Trump and we hold his administration accountable. I'm so excited, Katie. I'm really looking forward to Ashley Moody calling me her senator.
Speaker 2: Well me too.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing, Angie, I want to talk about something because I think this is a really important part of letting people understand what you are all about. So I am over people getting too attached to a label. Right, So I'm a Democrat, You're a Democrat. You technically, quote unquote, we'll say technically you you are a member of the Democratic Socialists of America.
Speaker 2: And I urge everybody to calm down.
Speaker 1: Calm down, and I urge everybody to look beyond what these labels are, because what's really important is finding out what does somebody stand for and what do they fight for. And as a mom of an eleven year old daughter, as a wife, as a working mother, as a working person, as a business owner, that's where my priorities are.
Speaker 2: Am I going to be able.
Speaker 1: To afford healthcare for myself, my family, my aging mom? Can I make sure that my taxes are affordable so I can continue to have the American dream of owning a home, running a business. Will my child be safe when she goes to school from gun violence? Will there be enough food and basic necessities that are at an affordable price for no matter who you are across that financial spectrum, these are the things that are priorities for me. Unless so the labels. How important is it to unite people going into the general election in November, Angie, behind the person, not what somebody wants to label you.
Speaker 3: It's very important to unite people just period. Right.
Speaker 4: I think it's important for me to highlight that I am a recent member of DSA as well as a recent member of the Working Family Party. I joined those organizations because they were organizations that were actually pushing for medicare for all, right. They were pushing for universal childcare, they were pushing for housing being a right of folks, and unfortunately the Democratic Party was not always necessarily pushing for that. And so I want to be perfectly clear. The Democratic Party is supposed to be a big tint of a lot of folks and a lot of thoughts, and DSA and moderates and Conservative Democrats and liberals and whatever. They should all be welcome under this big tint. That's what makes us stronger. Our country is super diverse. It makes we made up of different socioeconomic statuses, and so that is how our party should be reflected as well. Look, I believe that hard working, everyday people should get to shape what their economies look like and what their communities look like and as a big ten, we should want this diverse thought and opinion so that we can actually work towards building these beautiful multi racial, working class community and country and state so that we can make sure that everyone benefits and no longer just survives.
Speaker 3: But we can thrive and always flourish.
Speaker 1: You've been a state representative since twenty twenty and one thing that was a remarkable act of courage was protesting in Governor Ron DeSantis's office recently over the illegal jerrymandering and redistricting efforts that have been plaguing the state of Florida at the hands of Republicans.
Speaker 2: And talk about why.
Speaker 1: It was important enough for you to actually be there, speaking up, speaking out. It ended up getting you arrested. And you know, I feel like a lot of people talk the talk, but they certainly don't walk that walk when it comes to being committed to the ideas of of real free speech, real protest and the bringing you know, and highlighting the things that are the inequities that impact all of us, because when you have this illegal gerrymandering and redistricting, it's gonna affect your ability to vote. Because we tell everybody, quote, we'll just go out and vote. But if you can't even vote in a way where your vote actually has value, then that defeats the purpose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 4: And so you know, we just have to make sure that we are talking to folks, we are uplifting them. And look, democracy was under attack, Katie, it was. And I could not sit idly by as a black woman who had elders that are still alive that were protesting and risking their lives for me to be able to have the right to vote, for them to be able to have the right to vote.
Speaker 3: And as I.
Speaker 4: Witnessed, you know, Ron Desanta's doing the bidding of Donald Trump so that he could help ring maps. I couldn't just sit there like democracy is literally falling and under attack. It's not falling, they are attacking it. Our institutions are under attack. And so now is not the time to send strongly worded emails, Katie. Now is the time for us instead of just going high when they go low, Like First Lady Michelle Obama stated, we need to get loud and we need to push back because if we don't, they're gonna do a little bit and see what happens. We don't say anything then it gets normalized and they can do a little bit more. And what was just normalized is like it's not a big deal, and so they gonna keep going and keep going. And right now it has to stop, Katie. People are struggling.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 4: There are parents that are killing their children because they're so stressed out, and then they're taking their lives because they lost jobs, right and like that's what Donald Trump, Donald Trump presidency has gotten us. I have seen so many parents killing their babies because they just they're hurting. Folks are hurting, and it doesn't have to be this way. And I am going to fight like hell to make sure that we stop it and we build a Florida and an America that benefits us all.
Speaker 1: One of your main campaign pillars is the idea of affordability, and that includes the idea that we have free health care Medicare for all, we have free childcare, a federal minimum wage of at least twenty.
Speaker 2: Five dollars per hour.
Speaker 1: What do you say to critics that may say, well, that sounds good, but how do you actually make it happen financially. It's not like there's just this pot of money that's available. There to be able to fund all of these programs in these policies.
Speaker 4: So number one, we're already paying the cost of Medicare for all right now, paying that cost because there's so many people that don't have any insurance and they're already going to emergency rooms. And the government gets that bill, we get left hold in the bag. And so we can stop that from happening by going ahead and passing universal healthcare Medicare for all. The only people KD that don't want that to happen are these insurance companies because they're mad that they won't be able to deny people's claims so that they can make a larger profit.
Speaker 1: And the billionaires that own the insurance companies.
Speaker 4: Are not exactly KD exactly. And so these things are a no brainer. Universal childcare. For every dollar the government spends, it puts three dollars back into the economy because it allows people to be able to get to work. And so these are things that would benefit us all. And again, the only folks that don't want it, like you said, are these greedy billionaires and these corrupt corporations. And I don't care about any of them. I care about every day how are working people.
Speaker 2: Angie Nixon.
Speaker 1: I want to wrap up our conversation by quoting your victory statement, we have seventy seven days to flip Florida blue, win the Senate seat, and help take back the US Senate. We cannot waste a single one. They tried to stop us. We won anyway, Now we're coming for the US Senate. You know, I don't want to call you a former community organizer because in my mind, I feel like you're always organizing, honey, but number one, but number two, I think community organizers should be and are our politicians right, They should be the people that represent us because they understand the community best. So what is your message right now to people that are watching this and listening to this interview and saying, I'm in Florida. I care about my kid, my neighbor, my family, people I haven't even met. Because I'm a decent person who wants to make sure that there is a good, promising future for Floridians and for Americans.
Speaker 4: What I would say is they need to come on and join our people Power campaign at Angie Nixon dot com.
Speaker 3: Sign up to volunteer so that we can.
Speaker 4: Expand our people powered infrastructure that's actually going to help uplift our communities to a point where we are no longer just surviving, but we're thriving and we're flourishing. And I'm looking forward to take building a new vision this next two hundred and fifty years alongside these folks to build.
Speaker 3: A Florida and an America for all.
Speaker 1: Katie, power of the people, people over the profits. And Angie Nickson, the next United States Senator from the great state of Florida. It's good to see you. Congratulations and we can't relent. Put the pedal to the metal on this one. We got only a few days left between now and November.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you so much, Katie. Let's do you get into existence.
Speaker 2: Have a good day, absolutely, Katie Fang.
Speaker 1: Here, we launched the Katifang News Channel in partnership with the Midas Touch Network so we could bring you the latest in legal and political news, straight no chaser. So if you're a fellow truthteller, hit that subscribe button and share the word about this channel so we can build a high information America together. We've got some major developments out of the criminal prosecution of journalists Don Lemon, Georgia Fort and some incredible organizers in Minnesota that were protesting the draconian immigration enforcement tactics by the Trump regime. Earlier this year in Minneapolis Saint Paul, as you'll recall, several people were indicted and charged with a conspiracy relating to an incident that occurred at a local church. The allegations being that people like Don Lemon, Georgia Fort and others were intimidating and they were violating the Federals actually called the FACE Act fac Act. The FACE Act stands for the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act of nineteen ninety four. It criminalizes the actions taken to be able to prevent or obstruct somebody from being able to gain entry for a place that provides reproductive health services or to a place where people go to exercise their First Amendment right of religious freedom, like a place of religious worship, or if you intentionally damage or destroy the property of a facility that provides reproductive health services, or you intentionally damage or destroy the property of a place of religious worship. So these people were all alleged to have conspired to do so earlier this year.
Speaker 2: Now we know.
Speaker 1: That Don Lemon and Georgia Ford have been fighting back, as have the other co defendants, But I want to focus specifically on a motion that was filed by them a few months ago to be able to disclose the grand jury proceedings because there has been a lot of very bad, unconstitutional behavior by the Department of Justice prosecutors and other jurisdictions, including in Minnesota, concerning this particular prosecution. So just yesterday a federal judge, Judge Laura Provenzeno in Minnesota, enter this order. It's entitled Order for in camera Review, and what she has said is this, the Department of Justice must turn over no later than August twenty fifth of twenty twenty six, a copy of the transcripts and a thumb drive of any multimedia evidence that will be reviewed in chambers by the judge. And it's going to cover the waterfront when it comes to the presentment of evidence to the grand jury to obtain the indictment that was entered and returned against Don Lemon, Georgia Ford, and the other co defendants. This includes the presentation by the Department of Justice attorneys and case agents to the grand jury on January twenty ninth, twenty twenty six, resulting in the indictment and the presentation by the Department of Justice attorneys and case agents to the grand jury on February twenty six, twenty twenty six, resulting in the superseding indictment. The materials should comprise any introduction, legal instruction for the two counts, witness testimony, and closing, including answers to questions from the grand jurors. And that's an exact quote from the judge's order. Now, how did this come to pass?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: As I mentioned a few minutes ago, Don and Georgia filed a motion to disclose the grand jury proceedings. But what happens in a federal case is a magistrate judge, who is a judge that works in tandem with a district court judge. But if you had to look at the hierarchy of things, it's the district court judge here and then below is the magistrate judge. And oftentimes the magistrate judge takes over listening to motions, maybe handling disputes, over discovery, whatever, because the district court judge is very busy. But again they work together, right, they are within the same division.
Speaker 2: So the magistrate.
Speaker 1: Judge in this case Judge Douglas Mico, he denied Don and and excuse me Don and Jorge's motion for disclosure of the grand jury proceedings. Now, as it also works in federal court, a report and recommendations is entered by a magistrate judge or an order is entered by the magistrate judge, and you, as a litigant, have the right to object an appeal that magistrate judges findings to the district court judge. So I'm going to repeat this again for clarity. Let's say that the magistrate judge that is assigned to your division in which your case is located makes a ruling on an issue specifically here on whether or not the great and Jury materials should be disclosed to defendants Don Lemon and Georgia Ford. If you disagree with what the magris Should judge decided, you can appeal it to the district court judge. Now that is the judge whose word is going to be the final word in that court. Of course, you can try to appeal that ultimately to an appeals court. But just for interests of time and for interests of this conversation, we're focusing just on the magris Should judge and the.
Speaker 2: District court judge.
Speaker 1: So the district court judge, Laura pardon me, Provenzeno gets the objections to what this mag judge decided, and she says, I actually need to look at all of the grand jury materials to determine whether matri should Judge Miko's order is appropriate. Makes sense, right, She says, give me everything, because I need to decide whether or not the mag judge made the right decision. And hey, by the way, this judge, Judge Miko, had actually previously said maybe a little bit of material can be disclosed, but this judge, she says, uh uh, I want to see all of this material now. I want to read to you some portions of the objections that were filed at the end of June by Don Lemon and Georgia Ford's lawyers to this ruling by the magig judge who said, Nope, you don't get your hands on the grand jury materials introduction page one quote. There's substantial evidence of grand jury irregularities in this case. Multiple judges, including at the Eighth Circuit, which is the federal appeals court, found that there was no probable cause to charge Lemon and fort A federal agent fossely attested repeatedly to judges that Lemon and Fort engaged in quote chanting inside the church, including to obtain a search warrant for Lemon's iPhone, an allegation not originally present in the denied complaint affidavit, and which was subsequently revised in future affidavits to clarify that only quote some individuals engaged in chanting. Another judge found no probable cause for warrant seeking subscriber information from Lemen and Fort's YouTube channels, and the government persuaded the grand jury to indict at least one person, only to concede she was completely uninvolved in the events. Meanwhile, the government emits to making material misrepresentations about four and at least eight affidavits, but tellingly refuses to confirm whether it repeated those falsehoods to the Grand jury. Despite these glaring irregularities, or perhaps because of them, the government has yet to produce all but one of the Grand jury transcripts, even those plainly containing Brady material, meaning material that is required to be turned over to a defendant because it has exculpatory value, such of those containing misstatements that led to the indictment of an innocent person and the accusation that Lemon and Fort conspired with her. Given this prosecution's checkered history, Lemon and Fort respectfully asked if the court reviewed the grand jury proceedings to ensure no further improper conduct occurred. The grand jury is not merely an investigative tool of the prosecution. It is also a protector of citizens against arbitrary and oppressive government action and unfounded criminal prosecutions. There is every indication that the government prohibited the grand jury from playing that pivotal role here. Review of those proceedings is therefore warranted. And that, my friends, is how you practice law. And that is what was presented to the federal judge and that resulted in her entering this order yesterday demanding that the Trump Department of Justice turn over the entirety of the grand jury materials, including transcripts, and including any type of multimedia evidence, maybe a power point, and other evidence that was presented to this grand jury to convince them to return a true bill indictment against Don Lemon, Georgia.
Speaker 2: Ford, and the other defendants in this case.
Speaker 1: One more thing and to do process point, which is where I live in a courtroom. Everybody gets somebody whose entire job is to argue for them. That's the design. Now, Medicare process is about thirty five claims every second, over a billion a year, and when yours comes back tonight or the bill is wrong, nobody inside that system has the job of arguing for you. A clean claim clears in about two weeks. One dispute and you're sixty days in on hold up again, something counting on you to just give up and pay it for me. That's troubling. So here's what I want you to know about Chapter. Chapter isn't a plan. They're independent Medicare advisors, the only Medicare advisors that compare every plan nationwide. And here's the part almost nobody knows. Once you've chosen a plan, you'll get their advocates team year round, wrong bills, prior authorization, denials, appeals, They take it on and they stay with it. Most agents don't offer that at all. Free under twenty minutes call six eight two eight nine zero seven two six, or go to ask Chapter dot org, forward slash fang and get Medicare support that truly advocates on your behalf.
Speaker 2: Now, I want to.
Speaker 1: Also turn back the hands of time a little bit to go to the original motion that was filed by Don Lemon and Georgia Ford to get their hands on these grand jury proceedings, because there's some allegations contained within that motion that are powerful, and it just highlights exactly how far and how low the Trump doj will go to be able to go after political opponents of Donald Trump, simply because he's asking them.
Speaker 2: To do so.
Speaker 1: Back in February of this year, Don and Georgia's lawyers filed this motion to disclose the grand jury proceedings, and I'm on page eighteen of thirty two of this motion. It's entitled the sections entitled the substantial Likelihood that the government carried gross misrepresentations and material issues of fact and law into the grand jury preceding Warren's disclosure of the grand jury materials. This is another way of saying that the prosecutors who went into that grand jury room made such egregious misrepresentations of material issues of fact and law that that would be the only way that these grand jurors could return an indictment against Don and Georgia. So because of that action, and because of the extraordinary scent of events that led to this indictment. Even coming into fruition, it calls into question the validity of the indictment, and the federal rules allow disclosure of grand jury materials when they are quote needed to avoid a possible injustice in another judicial proceeding. Don and George's sought disclosure of these grand jury transcripts to determine if the grand jury's probable cause determination was based on the same inaccurate or misleading representations that the government is making publicly, which would cast great doubt that the decision to indict them was free from substantial influence of these violations.
Speaker 2: Now here's the thing.
Speaker 1: This motion also cites to the fact that not only was the Department of Justice making public statements that were wrong on the law when it comes to the Face Act, but there was a very real risk that will be confirmed by these grand jury transcripts, that these DOJ lawyers are presenting the wrong law and it sounds like the wrong facts to the grand jury to convince them to indict Dawn and Georgia. They gave an example in this motion that I wanted to make sure that we remembered back in November of twenty twenty five, a federal judge in the Eastern District of Virginia granted former FBI Director James Commey's request to be able to access all of the grand jury materials. Remember when he was indicted for some BS allegations of mortgage fraud and all that other stuff, right, Well, he sought the same relief there. He wanted access to the grand jury materials, including the transcript of the grand jury proceedings when no witness was present, because the indictment that was returned against him was f and nuts, and a magister judge said, yeah, I agree, I'm gonna give it to you. And I remember eventually that was a Lindsay Halligan special right, and this insurance Lauryer Lindsay Halligan. It was found by a judge that she was invalidly and illegally appointed as the acting US Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, So that indictment against Comy, in the indictment against his James gone. But it was important to remember that there was such bad irregularities and bad conduct by the DOJ that a judge says, absolutely, I'm turning over these records to James Comy. The Court's reasoning in Comy applies with egal force to down in Virginia, including the Court's concerns that quote statements by their prosecutors to the grand jurors on their face appeared to be fundamental misstatements of the law that could compromise the integrity of the grand jury process. The motion goes on to cite that in this case, if you'll recall, the doj tried to get this indictment, couldn't get it. Then they tried to strong arm the chief judge of this district to do it, couldn't do it. Then they went above, went to the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals to do it. It's it's like, whoa piece of the hell out, what are you doing here? You can't do this. And eventually they secured a grand jury indictment against Georgia Don and the other defendants. But it was just so irregular, and it was outrageous, the pressure campaign and the conduct that was done by these federal prosecutors just to be able to satisfy the lust and the need to punish of somebody like convicted vollon Donald Trump. We all know it rots. It stinks and it's really bad. And the reality is you now have people that are having to pay attorney's fees and have to go through the stress, anxiety, and the whole pressure of having to be prosecuted illegally and unfairly. So this ask by Don Lemon and Georgia Fort is incredibly reasonable because the allegations in the grand jury indictment against Don and Georgia Fort are almost exactly total mirrors of the allegations in the original affidavit when the judge found no probable cause to arrest them.
Speaker 2: Right, So think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is a law, and the law militates towards protecting grand jury proceedings their secrecy and confidentiality.
Speaker 2: But it's not absolute.
Speaker 1: And if you, as a defendant, can show that and meet the burden that your need for these wreckords outweighs this idea of preserving grand jury secrecy, then yes, you can get your hands on these grand jury records. And that's exactly the case here, at least at this point. No, let me be clear, it's not like Don and Georgia and the others are going to get their hands on the Grandeur materials right now. The presiding District Court judge says, give me all of the materials Trump Department of Justice, and I will decide whether the magigate judge appropriately ruled to deny Don and Georgia their access to these materials.
Speaker 2: It is good news.
Speaker 1: For the rule of law. And look, there's always so much going on these days. It's hard to keep track of everything. But you and I both know that this criminal prosecution is always top of mind for people like Lemon and Georgia Ford and the other people that were unfairly and unconstitutionally and illegally indicted in this case. And that is the reason why we have to stay on top of all of it. So when we have developments of this, I make sure that you know them here at Katie Fang News. Like and subscribe. Also, don't forget we have an audio podcast that you can subscribe subscribe to excuse me for free. In the meantime, be mad, be outraged, demand accountability. That is exactly what Don and Georgia are doing when they are seeking these grand jury records.
Speaker 2: I'm off to rattle more.
Speaker 1: Cages Katie Fang Here we launched the Katifang News channel in partnership with the Midas Touch Network, so we can bring you the latest and legal and political news straight no chaser. So, if you're a fellow truthteller, hit that subscribe button and share the word about this channel so we can build a high information America together