Speaker 1: Old time is here.
Speaker 2: No time to fear.
Speaker 3: Corilla is so near because show time is here.
Speaker 4: So on with the show. Let's give it a go. Carrilla is the one that you need to know.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: It's show side.
Speaker 1: All right in just sixty seconds. The most fabulous I mean, he's really something. The best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, bigly. And he's funny, this guy. Have you heard him? Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 4: He's almost here.
Speaker 1: I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay because I mean he's really quite fabulous.
Speaker 4: Oh alrighty Didy, Happy Monday to you. It's Monday, April seventh. Do you feel the economies crashing around the globe? Because they are. You know, I've read a lot about the Great Depression, and guess what, we're in another one and we're headed straight forward and not stopping. We're gonna talk about that.
Speaker 2: Uncensored, Unfiltered, un Hinged a'slkuel Cast listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 4: Forget Travall's come on, Get happy good morning. It is a correlcast. I am corel a little tiny bit late. Uh, you know sometimes the back ain't working right, and just got to be here when I can be here.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: But uh, what a day. You know, this morning I made the mistake of turning on BBC News. Uh, and it's like, oh.
Speaker 3: Economies collapsing, stock markets, you know, collapse, worldwide trade halting and no, just on and on and on it went, and none of it good.
Speaker 4: And you know, I've been thinking about leaving the United States because I don't like MAGA and I don't like Trump, and I'm gay and I'm a liberal. But I gotta tell you, he has now infected every single nation. There's not one country that he has not now infected. He is truly like the COVID of politics, or as my mom would say, he's like horse crap spread out all over fertilizer. Get it. So there's really no escaping in every country you go to is now going to be dealing with economics or something else based around Donald Trump. And it's really quite sad because you know, we've got so many people across the globe are preparing for horror, and it's because of him, and you know, I started reading about the Great Depression because someone asked me, you know, we've heard that this could lead to another Great Depression. So I started reading about the Great Depression. I asked chat GPT, I said, you know, what were some of the indications, What were some of the conditions that people lived under during the Great Depression? The first it said was economic hardship, unemployment sword, Hello, have you seen the layoff statistics? Have you seen the new hiring statistics? Unemployment is going up, up, up, up up. People who had jobs often saw wages being slashed or had to work reduced hours. Hello, companies not letting you work forty hours a week so they don't have to cover you for healthcare. Companies cutting back your hours, wanting to pay you less. Companies increasing your hours and wanting to pay you the same. Hello. Many lost their savings due to widespread bank failures and stock market collapses. Hello, knock, knocknuck anybody there? Twenty twenty five sounds a little familiar to nineteen thirty eight. Families were forced to move in search of work or live with their relatives. Hello, we have more families cohabitating now. Except during the Great depression, kids who can't find a home, older parents who now have to move back in with their kids. We are at an all time cohabitation high for the last almost one hundred years. Almost okay, So what else typified the Great Depression? Housing and living conditions. Homelessness increased drastically, and makeshift shanty towns or Hooverville's sprung up. Hello, We've had these encampments now for five ten years and they just keep growing. They're not getting smaller in your town. The homeless population is not falling, It's going up, up, up, up up. Some families lived in cars, tents or shacks. Hell, am I reading ninth? We should play the game? Is it nineteen thirty five or twenty twenty five? Which which? Because which do these apply to? Because everything I've read so far applies to right now some family. Let's see rural families face drought and failed crops. Hello, Hello twenty twenty five. Nineteen thirty five calling food and basic needs, hunger was common. Well, we have over sixty million Americans that go to bed hungry every night, so hunger was common. Soup kitchens and breadlines became the norm.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 4: Over here at desert Breeze Community Center. They have that food bank, and the lines are around the building and around the corner and around the block every time they have it. So people often bartered goods or services instead of using money. We're not quite back there yet, but almost where the plumber will say, well, you know, give me two loaves of bread and a dozen eggs and I'll fix your you know whatever. Families grew their own food. I'm thinking about moving to a place where I can grow fruits and veggies. They getting too expensive. Let's see family life. Traditional family roles shifted, children and women had to work to help support the family. Hell. However, there was some good news. Let's say kids often dropped out of school to help out at home, and birth rates dropped because people could not afford to have children. I am I describing nineteen thirty five or twenty twenty five. Can you tell the difference, because I sure as hell can't. Entertainment this is the only good news. Despite hardship, people turned to movies, radio, and music because they were a cheap form of entertainment. That means that commercial broadcast fast it's called television is going to rise up again because you're not going to have the money for the Netflix, for the Hulu, for the Cinemax where or the max where. Last night we all watched The White Lotus. I'm not going to ruin it for anybody, but oh what an episod. It was the golden age of Hollywood, and films offered a temporary respite. Hello, escapism, Cabaret, it's happening. Jazz, wing and folk music became wildly popular. I don't know what genre will become popular in this depression. The crisis led to major changes in government policy. Well we'll see labor unions grew stronger. I don't know. They're trying to kill those. And here's the part that really got to me. Many people felt a deep sense of shame and failure, even though the causes were largely out of their control. It shaped an entire generation's mindset about saving frugality and security. That's the part I want to get to because once I read that, I realize we are just inches away from a new great depression. And these tariffs could be because look, he's banking that all these companies are going to start, you know, building labor here in America. It's not gonna happen. And even if it did, it takes years to build factories and put people back to work. And we don't have years. Okay, we don't. None of you have enough money to pay all these increases for years to come. They do, the rich, but you don't. I don't. So as I was reading how we are so close to a great Depression, I realized the great Depression is already here. I'll tell you what I mean by that in just a moment. But for me, and I think for millions of others, the great Depression is already upon us, at least in the emotional and psychological effect. That's what we're going to talk about when we come back. I'd like to thank everyone watching on Instagram. Thank you. It's really Corell on Instagram, TikTok, even the haters, Hello TikTok haters, it's really Corel on TikTok. I've been having audio problems on TikTok. We're gonna try to work that out. And then, of course, my YouTube family YouTube dot com, forward slash really carell, where I'm in the chatroom reading your chat uh and Patreons, my patron, I love and adore you, Patreon dot com, forward slash really Carrell become one today. Let talk mychological effects of the Great Propression at how we're feeling them today when we come back. I want to support the Corell cast. Then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Correll channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, that's kr e l and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 2: If you're not visiting reallycorrell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrell dot com.
Speaker 4: By the way, I read another story from another Canadian that was thrown into our detention for sixteen days, and she spoke very succinctly about why Canadians should not come to America, and it's working. They're not coming, Mexicans aren't coming. People from Canada. Many foreign travelers are now not coming because even though they're legal, they're legal, they're getting detained ten days, fifteen days. I think these companies that were paying billions of dollars to to detain these people get a bonus if they're there after fourteen days, so they keep everybody at least two weeks, even if the person says I have enough money, I'll buy a ticket, I'll go home. I'll s self deport You can bring me to the airport. They don't care. They keep them for at least fourteen days. Canada's media is telling Canadians don't come to the United States. That's bad for us, that's bad for our tourism economy. Florida is going to suffer. And good for them, really, I mean, they voted for this, so good for them. But the entire nation Las Vegas, our visitors are down from Canada, from Japan, from Mexico, from China, and we don't want that. But it's happening, and it's going to keep happening as we keep hearing these horror stories like that guy legal citizen sent off to an l Salvadorian prison. Now the courts are saying, get him back here. And the lawyer that said his deportation was a mistake, the DOJ got fired. It's horrible right now, just horrible. And these people giving Trump a pass. Oh, he's just doing this by treasury stocks, they're gonna soar later. Oh, he's just doing that. What he's doing is hurting people, millions and millions of people. There's no excuse there's no need and there's no reason except they don't know how to friggin govern. They don't know how to govern. He's using a sledgehammer where one is not necessary because he doesn't know how to govern. And that's depressing, you know. And I think of the Great Depression, I think of extreme poverty, but I mostly think of depressed people. My parents live through it. They weren't happy people, Okay. They always worried about the next meal. They always worried about access to healthcare. They always worried about having a roof over their heads because when they grew up that wasn't a given and that stuck with them and most of you, if you have parents, her grandparents that were alive, same thing. So what is it doing psychologically to us every day to wake up and hear that the world is in disarray because of this guy's policies? What is it doing to those of us with a brain who are not cult members to realize that a very small group of America, seventy seven million people, one fifth of America, and one man that they elected, is causing all this turmoil. Seventy seven million cult members, one fifth of America, are causing all this trouble for all of America. That's depressing. It's depressing that the good guys didn't show up enough in numbers for whatever, stupid Kakamemi reason. I don't like her cause she's black, or I don't like her keuseh she this, or I don't like her because she's that, and you stayed home, and look what, I don't like her stance on Israel. Oh really, well, now, not in Yahoo is annexing Gaza with Trump's blessing, So you like his stance better you stayed home. If ten million more of you, five million more of you would have shown up, we would not be in this mess right now. But we are because one fifth. Never forget, it is not a plurality of Americans. It is not a huge mandate of Americans. It is seventy seven million, one fifth of Americans. That's it. That's it. And it's depressing as hell that this one fifth of Americans are destroying the world, not just a meanwhile while they go off and work on you know, terrorists we don't need. The Midwest is literally drowning. He hasn't Trump hasn't said a word about all of this. The Midwest is drowning. High heat is coming to the West coast. We are a nation in trouble on multiple fronts, and it's depressing that none of that is being addressed. Social security is now falling apart. Their website has been down four times in the last seven days. You cannot get through on the phone. Doge is cutting, cutting, cutting. That's scary. That's depressing. So there's so much going on right now that is so depressing. Living check to check is depressing. Not having financial security is depressing. Knowing that prices are now rising, and grocery prices they just said they're going to go up five to ten percent. You already can't afford the grocery store, and now you're going to have to spend If it was one hundred and fifty, now you're going to have to spend one hundred and sixty five. Yeah. No, that's depressing. All of this is depressing. So I maintain if you listen to segment one and go through what the Great Depression was about, and then you match that with the mood of the country, we're already in the Great Depression. We're already in it, and the same mistakes that led to that are happening right now. And if you know history, then you know this is happening, and you're depressed. So what do we do? You know? I think that in the description of the Great Depression, when it said entertainment and escapism, that's what we're doing. We are wrapping ourselves up in television shows like The White Lotus, where we get to watch the problems of the wealthy. We are wrapping ourselves up in music. We are wrapping ourselves up in our own communities and trying to insulate. We're not listening to the news. We're watching other things. We are not spending all the time reading newspapers or online papers. We're not watching the MSNBC, the CNN or even the Fox News. We're not watching. We're escaping. We're listening to podcasts that we like. We are listening to music that we like. We're binge watching TV programs that we like. We're watching movies that we like. We're tuning out. We're escaping. Escaping was huge. It was a golden era of entertainment. Why not because there was money, but because it was the one thing people wouldn't give up. Vices, smoking, drinking, drugs, those are all staring right now and why escapism. We're already in the Great Depression. The country's mood is only MAGA is happy. And that's just one again. One fifth of America, one fifth of America is happy. They won't be when their trucks, their big giant trucks, start getting repossessed, when they can no longer afford food, when they're laid off, when they're rench is so expensive because corporations have bought everything that they can't pay. Mag is not going to be happy in definite, but they're happy right now because they're too dumb to know. So what he's doing is going to destroy everybody, including this. They still think they're going to be a muttube. They're not, and we will see all of that happen. Hey, Carrel here, and i'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell cap, then please go to patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's patreon dot com forward slash really Corell and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com Forward slash really Corel. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, Really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show through Patreon at Patreon dot com. Forward slash Really Correl. Thanks for almost thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can. Just a programming note, Tomorrow's show will be later in the day. I have an MRI on my brain and throat tomorrow. I'm scared. Every time I get an MRI like on my brain, I'm scared. Are they going to find white matter changes that signify dementia? Do I have lesions for ms? They're trying to rule out everything because of this festiculation going on all over my body, meaning muscle twitches. They're ninety five percent sure it's benign that it's benign festiculation syndrome, but we still have to rule out MS. I'm waiting for the blood test for myasthenia Gravitz. Those blood tests come in Friday. I had a negative TV test. They threw that into the mix. I don't know why, but negative, So I never come in contact with that. That's good. Tomorrow I'm having a brain and throat scan and that's to check to rule out any other issues instead of neurological ones. So I'm scared. I'm scared. I gotta tell you. It's occupied a lot of my life, this fear, and you know, it's the times we live. And I'm grateful to have the access right now to the healthcare. I don't think that's always going to be the case. And I just keep hoping that I don't have ALS. I don't think I do. I don't have any weakness, and that's a key symptom. So I still lift weights and I'm still jogging and all of that. And after a year of my muscles twitching, and they've been twitching now over twelve months without any weakness presenting, it is ninety five percent. Not ALS still could be, but ninety five percent, probably not, So a brain scan see if it's multiple sclerosis. They'll be looking for lesions in the brain. Hopefully it's not that. So that test is tomorrow morning, so the show will be later in the day. By the way, Rachel Kapper, if your norm does come to Las Vegas, you tell them to look me up. You guys have my number, all right, NAB is in town right now. I'll be going later today to the National Association of Broadcasters. I'm gonna go watch Randy and Fenton from World of Wonder do a speech and reintroduce myself to them. I met them twenty five years ago, so reintroduce myself and I go to a few panels and try to get some information about the entertainment industry and bring it to you here on the show. So a lot of people in the chat room agreeing, you know, saying, you know, what do we do? And that's the whole thing. I think we all feel we have to tighten our belts. I don't think anyone's into throwing. See that's why I worry about Las Vegas. I really do, you know, Because a lot of people are tightening their belts. I don't see Vegas you know, thriving in a really down economy, but the vices always do. During the Great Depression, Vegas, you know, and gambling and prohibition, you know, people still went and did their vice. I just don't know Vegas is going to be the choice because it's so expensive now. They charge you for everything, resort fees, parking fees, it's just like really expensive. So people are like, I don't have it. We'll see. I'm worried for all of us. And this morning I woke up at four twenty and I couldn't have Ironic, and I couldn't go back to sleep. I couldn't because I just all this worry just started. A the medical worry, you know, because they are looking for some pretty serious diseases. So I'm nervous about that. Be the financial worry. I live check to check like everybody else, and the entertainment industry day's world is not expanding like it did in the Great Depression. It's contracting, and I just wonder every day is their room for me? You know? There are people that go live on TikTok that you know, just get dressed and they make more money than I am, so, you know, and I understand TikTok is not the audience that wants what I'm selling. You know they want conservatives brainwashed. You know they want or because they most of TikTok now is mega They liberals and progressives. They're not on You've shut out social media most of you too, because it's too depressing. So I can't tell you there's a magic bullet to make you feel better right now. In fact, I'm not sure we're supposed to feel better right now. I don't know that we're supposed to be happy right now. I don't because given what. Look this last weekend, I got a ton of pictures from Sibyle. She was in Santa Cruz at the Hands Off March, and I thought it was great because at least it makes these people feel better. They're out there doing what an American can do. They're protesting Trump and Musk and for them good. I'm glad they did it. I'm glad people hear that there is descent, and I'm glad it makes them feel better. It's not going to change a frickin thing. And I don't mean to be a naysayer about that. I'm just a realist. Yes, it's great that everybody was out this weekend showing their upset. But unless Congress, unless some Republicans in the House and the Senate not Democrats, we need actual Republicans to remember their Americans first and Republicans second. Because Congress tomorrow could slap down all these taras. Tomorrow, they could say no, They could go in and pass resolutions that withdraw them all and if they did it with enough majority, the President couldn't veto it. But that would take Republicans actually being Americans first. MAGA has long ago forgotten that they're Americans. MAGA thinks that their America is theirs and theirs only that either you think like them, you approve of what they approve of, or you're not an American. They call gay people pedophiles. They refuse to call trans people by their actual gender, so they miss gender trans people on purpose. They belittle gaze, They fear drag queens. They now control a woman's womb. They want full control of a woman's If you're black or Hispanic, they no longer want you to have a fair shot at a job or education. If you're an immigrant, even legal, you could be deported, and the courts are trying to stop it. And they're defying the courts. So to MAGA, that's all great till of course they come for one of them, or until their farm fails, or until the federal money they were getting for whatever runs out, and then suddenly they change their tomb. Oh, this ain't what I voted for. Yes it is. We told you, this is it. So I'm not sure we're supposed to be happy right now. I think this is the summer of our discontent, and maybe it can lead to a midterm that will throw out anyone that puts party over country, Democrat or Republican. Maybe in the midterms we can get actual Americans who want to save America from MAGA and Trump and their extreme actions. No matter how well intentioned whatever Trump is doing, if he really believes that we've got to bring manufacturing back to the United States, that we've got to build plants, to build cars and all of that, if this is his real belief, this is not the way to do it. Okay, Making the rank and file suffer is not the way to bring What he should have done was announced two years. These taras will go into effect in two years. If I don't see growth in the manufacturing sector in America and then he should have used public fund to help some of that grow. I mean, even if he's well intentioned, he's doing it the wrong way. I am, Corel. You'll be who you want to be, fun and hurt, you, buddy. We'll be here later in the day tomorrow, probably in the afternoon o'clock somewhere around there. So we won't be here tomorrow morning. I just know that until then, say day, I would stay, try to be happy. But that's a rough prescription right now.
Speaker 2: Bloodcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 4: Yours.
Speaker 2: Listen daily to the Corell cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 4: Yours.
Speaker 2: Listen daily to the Corell cast on your favorite streaming service. Old Time is here, No time to fear. Corrala is so near Beaca show Time