Speaker 1: Jenny, would you like to do the honors?
Speaker 2: Yes, Welcome to the I'm Still Fun Podcast. When I walked into the studio this morning and I found Fallon Lane flat on her back on the floor, and I thought she was dead, and I was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: You should like get out of the way. Oh my god. Oh.
Speaker 2: I slammed open the door because I thought maybe i'd scare you did and then I realize you're on the ground, and I felt like I was about to hate you.
Speaker 1: I got here so early, Can I be honest? I'm avoiding my dog and which one rank? He's so annoying. He's so he's in this like puppy phase that is driving me crazy. He eats shit constantly, like your things, like oh poop, yeah, stuff, And I got the little pills to try to break him of eating poop. It is so disgusting the guy it's and you it can cause like real health issues. He is in the yard, he's excavating shit, and he comes in the house and he's like, oh, let's go to the cat litter box. He'll poop eat his own poop. And I'm constantly watching him. I'm screaming like stop and then Edith the cat. I told Jaco's like it was endless yesterday, which shows how much work Jake does. Edith pukes on the carpet. I run to get cleaning stuff. I clean it up, and He's just like, oh, yeah, one taste, and I'm like, get the hell. It's so gross it makes it's making me not want to cuddle him at all, like well, yeah, grossing me out, poopy breath, mouth and and he's just and he's I can't relax. I cannot relax because I'm like, what is he chewing? What is he eating? And yeah, and you know, so that's where I'm at. I'm avoiding my dog. So I came in early. Yeah, I had some emails just in too that I've been putting off there, like the kind that takes mental thought of do I want to say yes to this commitment or no? So that's where I'm at.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: How is your weekend going?
Speaker 2: My weekend's going good. I haven't done barely anything. I've been hiding in the shadows of my house because I got a like laser treatment in my face and so, yeah, I have this one sunspot and I I think you might have still been the show on the part of the morning show when it started appearing, because I thought maybe it was skin cancerous and I was like, what the heck is this And my esthetition was like, no, that's like some sun damage starting to come in. And basically this laser treatment just pulls the pigment right out and it goes away. And I know you have to like probably consistently be doing these, and I don't like to think about that, but I've done one before. So anyways, my face has been puffy and now it's like sandpaper texture right now. And so I told Pan and I was like, get ready, you're gonna get to see my big old puffy face.
Speaker 1: You can't tell the texture right now. Yeah, it only looks puffy around like your upper cheek eye area. Uh huh. But I because I got the same thing as you, and I remember it did stay sandpipery the full ten days, like they said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I'm like, great. I'm looking at my week ahead. I don't have anything too crazy. But this coming weekend I'm going to Wisconsin where we got tickets for a concert to take my mom too, so I'll be back home with them. So it's like whatever. But I'm doing this pickupball events on Tuesday, where I'm going to be sweating, I think, and I am like, great because I'm probably gonna be in prime peeling and i have to it's like for charity whatever. I'm like, well, it's hard to do these treatments and plan around your life, is what it came to. Because I was going to do it last weekend, but we had a three day weekend, so I kind of wanted that to be free to go do something over the weekend. So anyways, that's that. That was pretty much my entire weekend. Andrew and I did very basic necessities we needed to do around the house, and I just dropped him off at the airport. He'll be gone in Europe for the next week and can I know this. So he's going to go see his friend who's originally from Macedonia, and they were supposed to do this ski trip.
Speaker 1: Where is Macedonia.
Speaker 2: It's close to Greece, okay, and so they're supposed to do this ski trip, but they're not getting as much snow anymore and whatever, things are up in the air now and his friend is this fantastic like chef baker whatever So Andrew's going to Europe to like almost go work with him. Like I think he has his own shop now, I don't really know. He does all kinds of random business ventures, and so he's gonna go work. They're playing on hiking, They're gonna hopefully still go snowboarding one a couple of days. They have to like drive out of the way. It just depends on like the weather and stuff. But as I was taking him to the airport, I'm like, man, I can't believe you're going to Europe before I am.
Speaker 1: Like, really, how did I not know? You haven't been?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I've only been out of the country to Mexico a couple of times, and then Thailand and Tahiti, so well never Thailand.
Speaker 1: But still you're right, Europe is like Europe is usually the first place people go.
Speaker 2: I know in Mexico. I know the first place mine was was Mexico, but then Thailand was like the first thing. Yeah you really just bab went crazy, I know. So he's like, yeah, but I'm not going to like the good part of Europe, and I was like, Babe, You're still going to Europe though it's still a different landscape and whatever. But he's like, yeah, but it's not like I'm going to Italy and doing a bunch of things there without you. And I'm like, I know, but I'm jealous. And I told him yesterday that I will be planning the next trip for us while he's on this trip, because I want to go somewhere in like the summertime. And I don't give a shit that he's like, oh, they're spending a ton of money and doing that, Like Mama still wants to get out and travel the world too. So but I want to ask you this because I feel like it's a pretty normal thing in relationships, or maybe I'm just a little crazy. So yesterday we're sitting on the couch and I don't know what my deal was. I was just like irritated because I got up a little earlier and I wanted just some me time. Well ten minutes later, I hear him clonking down the stairs, just.
Speaker 1: Kind of abnormal. Won't He usually kind of lay in and rest a little bit in the morning.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's up in the air sometimes with him. But yeah, so I think he started to get up earlier again, but for a little while he kind of started to sleep in after we had put Mickey down because like he didn't have that responsibility of taking care of her anymore. So I hear him clonking and I'm like, oh, I just like wanted to sit around and enjoy like a peaceful, quiet morning. Yeah, and he is just chatty chatty chatty all the time, and five days a week I have to come in and do that for work. So I like to just sit and like enjoy some peace. And he sits down and everything he does is bugging the hell out of me. Okay, everything like a voice to text he was doing, or talk to text whatever it's called. And then he goes and gets raspberries and he's eating raspberries next to me, which isn't that a lot of a food, But you know me, I don't like chewing noises, and I'm like, oh my god, I can't focus on anything, like any little noise he made. It was like oh yeah, you know. And so I was irritated with him like half the day yesterday for no reason, like he wasn't doing anything that I should be irritated with. But then as I go to take him to the airport this morning, I'm almost crying because I'm so saddy, okay, like and like, what who is this person?
Speaker 1: Isn't possible even though you have an implant, your period would be arriving.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is very possible, but I'm like, this is such a drastic change of emotion from one day to the next. But yeah, I were like, just for the racket. I am you are crazy, but I am too. So there was never a point where like I snapped at him about anything yesterday. But I definitely wasn't like super like happy, go lucky when we were doing things, Like I was pretty quiet and just like kept to myself most of the day, and like when he'd want to talk, I just like give him the bare minimum he needed to have a conversation. But I didn't really like talk a ton. So anyways, Yeah, I just like was laughing at myself as I waved goodbye to him, and I was taking a bunch of pictures of him like leaving, and I'm like, god, you crazy lady. He probably thought the same thing. He's like, gone, got him.
Speaker 1: Get away for a week from this lunatic.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that if Jake and Andrew sat down and shared stories, they probably like, shoot, them and they'd be I mean, because we did that about them anyway. But Jake has also gone. They he took the kids to call it they're skiing, So I'm solo too, but I didn't. I like, I don't know what to do solo anymore. I have felt very stir crazy. Yesterday we had pre planned because I knew they were going to be gone. So Tina and I went because she had reached out to me kind of over Christmas break and she's like, I want to do Plate's class with you, and I said okay, and then I never like set one up with her, so I was like, hey, would you want to do it? She's like yes, and she was. I felt like she seemed naturally very good at it. And when we left, she said that she thinks like her dance history really because it's really like it's it's a very dancery kind of but not like I think it's made for kind of dancer people, if you will. So I was like, she goes, was that like an easier class or a harder class? And I was like for me, you know how like you rate instructors, you know, it's just like peloton. If I don't want my ass kicked. I'm not going to take a certain instructor. Yeah, so I in my mind have my list in order of hard to less hard instructors, and I did this one is like lower on my list.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: However, when I said to Tina though, I was like, cause she's like, I remember you said like you wanted to cry your first one. I was like, Tina, I was far more out of shape than you are right now when I did my first one. I go. My first one though, was with what I consider the hardest instructor, and but I still think I would have thought that one was hard on my first one. But it really does make me really proud because, like, especially with AB stuff, how much I can tell my AB area has strengthen your core strength. It's very good. Now.
Speaker 2: See, I would die, I think if I went to pilates, because that is probably my weakest part of my body is my core, and I use it's so weird because that used to be really I used to have a strong core when I played sports in high school and stuff. But I just don't work out that area. So when I see like plates classes, I'm like, I think I would not be able to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the things like you know, like just an example, like where you're sitting on your butt and your legs are out straight, yeah, and you're you're kind of gonna be and you're just sitting there doing like up and down stuff. That stuff would have just gassed me. I would have died. Now I could do it for a very very long time. Like pretty good ab strength now, which is good because she was non existent there for a while. But then we went Tina got a flight of Mimosa's. Everyone thought we were sharing am I posted a picture and I'm like, no, all three were Tina's. I got a coffee. She's out of contrucderance it. But she's already started like kind of actually laying out wedding stuff. So we're gonna have to have her back on the podcast when she gets to that point. Yeah, we should, or at least after the wedding or something, which she's thinking, like a lot of the I'm supposed talk about it. But my friend Abby from.
Speaker 2: College, Yes, she picked out her dress this week and the hotel so I got to see that very beautiful. I'm going to found friend who was like habitually not habitually single, just dating a lot, and then it was never working out with them.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's you know, forty years old. She's never been engaged or anything. And she the last long, long term relationship was like when I still lived in Indiana and then I moved away and she was still with him for a few years after that, and then they broke up. And since then, I don't think she's really had She's had some that last maybe six months, but not like long term. So I'm really happy for her. Are you guys been a bachelot party for her? Yeah? So I actually texted her about that. I'm like, hey, what's the vibe. Are you thinking you want to like kind of go somewhere close to Indiana like driveable or are we going to go destination? She's like, no, I want to do something closerh like drive away. She just wants a cute airbnb she wants She's like, I don't care about bar scenes. I don't want to do that really, I want to go somewhere like maybe they have like a like a river you can float down, or a hike or something. I was like, cool, like yeah that was music to my ears.
Speaker 2: Yeah sounds lovely.
Speaker 1: Yeah me too, And she said She's going to pick some kind of like dark like maybe like a wine color kind of dressed for our pridesmade dresses. And I was like, yep, like that. I lean into something and things that I like, you know, it's about me obviously for her big well.
Speaker 2: Of course, is she having a big wedding.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many people. The place looks like I could hold a decent amount of people. She has a big family. I don't know about her husband to be. I've never met him, which is super bizarre. But I mean, I'm not in the same state dessert. I don't know if I'll meet him before like the wedding weekend because if I depending on where the bachelorette party is, I may not go to Indiana or that right, So I'm like, I may not meet him until the weekend of the wedding, which is crazy. It's not like I'm gonna be like, oh, I don't approve or something, but I don't know. It's it's bizarre. I haven't told you this. I was going back and forth. I'd shared on the podcast. I got into a fight with my sister.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really, your sister that lives in Florida that you're decently close with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I won't go on into too many details because something's got to remain private. But I've felt a very weird distance between us for like a while. Okay, but I think, you know, I I've listened to that book that a lot of people have talked about, you like let the Robbins let them, And one of the things she talks about is just your friendships really really depend on proximity.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So she's my sister, so she'll always be part of my life, but we're not as close as and now we are in very different phases of life. I mean, her kids are grown out of the house, she's like retired, she's now by the way, trying to get her real estate license, which she's like it's so hard. And then she you know, she's like fifty years old, going to be in October, and I'm raising a toddler. I mean, we're just in very different places, and I'm like working two jobs. It's very different. So I have felt some weird vibes for a while. And I can't remember if I shared stuff on the podcast about my fortieth birthday or not with her. I don't remember I did on the radio show because I was being a little petty at the time. Yeah, But basically, I for Kara's fortieth birthday, I threw her a very large, lavish party. I rented a venue, I catered it. I like it was a surprise party. I spent a lot of money on everything. I bought her a very expensive birthday present. And for my fortieth birthday, she venmoed me one hundred dollars. Now, okay, you might have shared that, yet I do not care about the amount. I do not need care I have. I'm fine, I don't need things right. My feelings were hurt because she venmoed me cash like every other birthday. Sure, venmo me cash, if that's what you want to do, I venmo her cat. I don't care. But my feelings were hurt, and I was like, she couldn't even send me a card, she couldn't pick out a single like ho actual physical gift, like it just my It was like that. And but I went back and forth if I was going to say something to her, and then I decided it was just unnecessary. It would just make her feel bad, and I just decided to not. But I still felt like the little ping of resentment in my body because of it. Right, so fast forward, I was like, hey, we had talked about maybe one day going to Hawaii, maybe we do.
Speaker 2: It over Christmas.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. I said, hey, I'm going to do Hawaii over spring break. We're going to take mom, love for you to come. And then this is where things got really awkward and bad. So she was upset. She wanted to go for her fiftieth in October, okay, And I'm like, okay, well, too bad. I can't take the kids out of school for a week in October. We're doing it over spring break because that's when we have off. And she was like, well, let me look at dates and stuff. Then she's like the resort you're staying at is too expensive. I said, okay, well we could look at other places if that, if you can go, Nope, I can't afford to go. You guys have fun. But I could feel the passive aggressive anger there, and I was like, you know what, let her be passive aggressive angry. My sister is known quoted as saying she doesn't plan vacations until either one month or one week before the vacation because something big always happens that they have to cancel their vacation. We work very differently. Yeah, I book nine to twelve months in advance. She can't book so I. And she also changes her mind a lot. I'm not booking a big, expensive vacation a month out and based on the like the possibility that something quote unquote big is going to happen to cancel the vacation and.
Speaker 2: It's going to be twice the amount. Yes, especially to a place like Hawaii.
Speaker 1: I know so I, but I'm in a place where I can cancel, like the hotel. I booked it for that reason in case for some reason she could figure it out. Anyway. Finally came to a head on like Friday over something involving my grandma, and we were just texting back and forth. I'm like, screw this, I call her. I'm like, Kara, We're never going to like have a decent conversation over text. So it just turned into all of that coming out on her side. She feels like I don't want I don't want her her family to be a part of my life. She wanted to do something big for my fortieth and I said no, She's like I wanted to go on vacation with you and Jake. But you said no, you just wanted to go with your husband and I go. You never once said you want to go, I go. And you're right, I wouldn't want to go on a family vacation. She's like, no, me and my husband and you and Jake. I go, Yeah, no offense, Kara, But for my big birthday I did not. I don't remember you saying that to me, but I still in this moment, would not want to go on vacation with you and Brian. I wanted to go on a fancy ass overpriced, like quick vacation with just Jake, and I don't feel bad about that.
Speaker 2: No, and you shouldn't.
Speaker 1: I was like, I didn't want a party like I threw you. That's my nightmare. I don't like parties like that because I always feel like I have to be the host, even if it's for me, and then it feels exhausting. I don't like parties like that. And so I was like, you're right, I told you not to throw me one. And then she was like, I feel like you don't want to be a part of my life. You don't involve me. You like never call me and I was like, actually, I'm the only one that calls, but I didn't say that. I just held it out back because I'm like, I'm gonna let her have her moment. And then she feels like she's not a part of my daughter's life. And I'm like, well, we FaceTime you. She's like not enough, and I was like, why can't you call me? She's like, you guys are too busy, and I just let it go because I'm like, dude, when she was younger and had two kids and their schedules were crazy, she was never calling me and FaceTime didn't. I don't think it even exists when they were young, but they I had to just call and know that I was probably gonna get a voicemail and they'd call me back when they could. So it's crazy to me that she's retired and she knows I'm working two jobs and has a kid, but it's on me to do all the calls because she says she can never call at the right time. And I was like, but I didn't say anything back. I was just like, Okay, I can work harder on finding time. Maybe we do a once a week thing where all of face times you but man, it's so crazy to me to still have random arguments with my sister this late and late in life. But I also think that it's like it's because we don't talk, we don't know what's going on. We both want to not cause is shoes, so instead we just probably bitch to our husbands about the other one until it finally comes to a head. I guess, but I hope moving forward things will be fine. Because she said that she this one thing. She said that she was mad because I booked Hawaii for my birthday when she wanted it for hers, and I go, Kiara, I cannot help that my birthday falls near Dylan's spring break. That's just how the calendar year works. I did not book Hawaii for my birthday. And she's like, Okay, well, it's like once again, your kids are out of high school. Yeah, I cannot take Dylan his senior year of high school out of school for a week. I'm sorry, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I feel like, yes, I see what you're saying. With like your surprise, you're still having like arguments and fights with your sibling this at this point in life. I just think that that's how family works. Though it's true because I mean I have to I am Switzerland with my sisters, where I have to control the fights that happen between them, because it's usually I know, but like I've had somewhere. I've been frustrated with my sisters. Yes, absolutely, but usually it's the two of them going at each other and me having to jump in and be like, hey, this point of view makes sense, and this point of view makes sense, so let's like see each others and let's come together, you know. But usually, yes, I don't fight with them, but I am like not living with them and so and I know that they're really excited usually when I come home because they don't get to see me as much and I'm obviously the fond one, the.
Speaker 1: Life of the party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I still get shocked because I mean there's still things that irritate the shit out of me with both my sisters that I want to argue with them and be like, hey, you realize this and this that and one thing I will back you up on with the thing of face timing and like her being upset that like she feels like you don't want her in your life. I am the one who facetimes my sister to see the kids. And yes, it's a fifty to fifty that I get an answer from them. But then she does always call me back, like usually that same day as she can. But it's pretty rare that she facetimes me, and I am not upset about that whatsoever. She has two little kids. One that's like probably like having three kids, because my nephew is a handful. Yeah, so I don't care that I have to like call and I understand that, and I think I think so many people get frustrated when a person has little kids and their life revolves around that kid in their schedule, and then you feel like, oh, you don't care about my life at all because it's always about you and your kid's schedule. And I'm like, well, yeah, they have an added factor in their life that I like. For me, I don't have a kid to like work around and stuff. But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I actually have to make like a mental note sometimes to be like or like even in my notes app like, hey, make like text this person this week, check in with this person this week kind of things like that, because I my days are very, very full. Yeah, and I'm a super crazy schedule, and so I don't want people to feel like I'm so self involved. It's I mean, I am to a degree, but I also am just like exhausted. So I now try to like I'll try to call people on my ride home after work, but I usually like, I don't want to even talk because I've talked all day long. But I'm like, that might be the only time I talk to people, so I've been Yeah, I try really hard to like, remember, Okay, my sister's taking this test, let me check in with her and see if she passed. Like, I'll put notes in my calendar to try to check in with people, but I still am gonna miss stuff and.
Speaker 2: We'll get I want you to know that I don't give a shit if you don't check in on me about things, like it's okay, you are very good at checking in, so like ends on the week, No, I feel like you are, especially if I'm ever dealing with anything. You are super good at checking in. But I that's like one thing I've gotten frustrated with friendships is like them thinking that you should always be checking in on them, but then they don't reciprocate. Yeah, and it's like okay, but I have a life too, and it's not that I'm not checking in on you because I don't want to. It's because I have a life and I got busy, you know what I mean. Yeah, so yeah, I will. Can I tell you since you brought up having that note in your phone? Yeah, a note that I started in my phone as of last week.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 2: Yes, It's titled things my tummy doesn't like.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I am good to take. It's good track that Jenny.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I decided because after we had gotten back from going up to mom Bohemia last week, there was not a lot of food in the house, and I ate this bowl of spicy ramen. Absolute worst thing I could have done, I know, but the thing icy rock. Okay, So Andrew always eats it and I'll have like a bite of it here and there, but I never make it for myself. But there was just nothing that appealed to me of what we had, and so I'm like, whatever, I'm gonna make this, so I ate it. Thirty minutes later, things just hit the fan, you know. So I'm like, okay, I really have got you. Like I have ideas in my head of things that don't work with my system. But I really got a hone in and stop eating things I know are going to make me miserable because it is a domino effect. When something hurts my stomach, it then lingers for days. It fucks with my serotonin, it doesn't let me sleep well, and then it infiltrates into my work life. And so like that whole week, I just felt like garbage. And so that anyways, so I added this into my phone as a reminder to me myself when I go to Costco or Target or wherever, like you do not buy these things. And so so far is just spicy ramen and peanut butter. But like peanut butter, that's one of your top food groups, I know. But so I can eat peanut butter as like you know, if we went on a ski trip and we had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch, that's not bad. But the problem is your girl can't be left alone in a house the jar of peanut butter or else she gets a spoon out and she starts spoon feeding her mouth with it. I cannot be controlled. So the other day I made this like protein puppy chow, just to start getting the peanut butter out of the house because I needed it for a different recipe I recently made. So that's the update on my life and my notes app and the things that I just laugh at when I look at my notes app.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'm like, where is this the weird stuff you keep in your notes? But I am excited to hear if they're updates, you can let us know what you're adding to the list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can I tell you one other thing? So, when we went to my Bohemia last weekend, I I just you know, I'm tired, I'm drained, whatever. So I go to chat GPT for a little help because I'm like, I want to do this Instagram post, but I can't think of anything quirky to put in the caption. So I write, give me five funny Instagram captions about spending a ski weekend with my boyfriend, and I'm going to read you some of them. It says he thinks he's my ski instructor. I think he's my crash test dummy. Okay, nothing says romance like fighting over who forgot the boot warmers he shreds. I survive true love on the slopes If we can make it through an icy black diamond. Together, we can make it through anything. Let me find like one or two more old mine. He's fast, I'm quote cautiously adventurous, true ski trip combatibility. Nothing says romantic getaway like me wiping out in front of my boyfriend. So after you heard all these captions, do you see what I'm getting at here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The theme is that he's great at skiing, but because you're a girl, you're not. What the fuck?
Speaker 2: I know? Literally was like, our are you serious? Like this is the first time I think I've ever used Chad GPT and felt it was extremely sexist. Yeah, I'm like, and to be fair, yes, he is a better snowboarder than me, but I'm also good. Yeah, So like, no, he's not my crash test dummy, Like are you serious? So i sat there and I'm reading up to Andrew and I'm like, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Chat GPT dick God, just like that myself being like why from the very first one, I'm like, wait, why is she He's shredding and wheah is she not?
Speaker 2: So I was like cause I'm like, okay, I looked back at my prompt to see if I like put something in there, and I always said was funny Instagram caption about spending a ski weekend with my boyfriend. Yeah, so that should not have to do with the fact, like there should not have been a theme of he was great and I am clearly awful at snowboarding.
Speaker 1: That's weird. Yeah. By the way, we only have like a couple of minutes left, and I do want to jump into Love is Blind, but maybe you need to, like, if you tell chat GPT once like, don't do that, it probably won't ever do it again.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, Okay, it does should I have gotten in an argument with no.
Speaker 1: I don't don't make that. Don't do that, but like be like, hey, this hurt my feelings and maybe just like you know, manipulate it a little bit. But it's like it does learn get to know you. It's creepy, but it's whatever. At this point, this is what life is. I do want to talk about Love is Blind basically because we're caught up. We both watch the new three episodes. I agree with everyone it is one of two most boring seasons of all time. I just feel like everyone is. It's not that I don't want people to be happy. I just feel like there's a little bit of almost fake nice happy.
Speaker 2: Well it's the Minnesota passive aggressiveness.
Speaker 1: Right, So here's what I'll break down. Because now I'm on Minneapolis TikTok. Yes, I don't know if you saw this video, but this guy made me laugh. And he's like, it's not because we're humble, it's because they actively producers have to search really hard to find people who don't know each other. He's like, and I'm going to show you how impossible that is. He pops up a picture of him and Sarah. He's like, I want to problem with Sarah picks up a picture I think, post a picture of like Molly or someone that's my cousin.
Speaker 2: Posted another.
Speaker 1: What He's like, I don't even live in Minnesota, and I know every single person basically on the show. He's like, it's impossible for in Minnesota to find people who don't know people. So he's like, and I was like, that's a really good point. Secondly, the guy Davey a lot of people. I actually know people who know Dave, but I don't know Dave. He got some people say a bad edit in the beginning, right because he was the guy doing the why you single, ye, what's wrong with you? What goes wrong with you? That thing? I thought it was annoying, but I was also like whatever. I also truly thought he would pick Molly based solely on the sexual aspect of things. So when he picked the other girl, I was like, Oh my gosh, maybe he really is trying to change, right, So now this whole narrative that he cannot quote unquote get past someone she hooked up with. Fake, He's trying to be the nice guy. This girl made the perfect TikTok. As soon as he got his phone back, he went and looked up Mollie. And he is now trying to find a way to not be the bad guy to America and end it with Lauren without being the bad guy. And because this is ridiculous. To think that these people did not have sex lives and partners before this show is insane and I just feel so bad looking at this girl, Lauren or whatever her name is. First of all, Lauren skin, hair, eyes, perfection, okay, and just everyone's comparing it by the way, those two they're saying she looks in actions like Pam from the office, and he looks and acts like Roy, her shitty first boyfriend who worked downstairs, and it is killing me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yes, oh, so I also have mutual friends with like lots of people who are friends with Dave and then also someone who's really good friends with Lauren, and so they know a lot about stuff. But we haven't asked like Andrew and I haven't been asking people for that because we do want to watch it in real time and then like discuss after the season's done. And yeah, I feel Andrew said that he feels like they would not be acting the way he's acting if they would just have sex. He's like, if they would have had sex in the Baha or wherever they were hunder us, He's like, I bet you a million bucks that he'd be like whatever.
Speaker 1: He is, that's all he wanted to talk about, Like you guys fuck yet Yeah, it's all her though, you know, I just want to go, oh, you get to see it just stressing out. He just wants to have sex so bad.
Speaker 2: And I also feel like I have so many opinions about these people, but it's also weird for me to even say it because I have people who I'm actually friends with that on the show and then really like very close connections, not like a friend of a friend of a friend that knows this person, like pretty close connections. And so I don't want to be a dick because I also know that production plays a huge role in building how the show shows a person on there, and so I feel like some people are going to be really salty, being like I got the worst at it ever and this is why you think this of me, But this is who I really am. And it's just it does suck for them, But at the same time, you can't feel bad because they sign up for that, you know.
Speaker 1: The other thing with Dave is on TikTok I'm getting is that he can't commit to Lauren because he's actually in love with his sister. Because yes, I've seen that has ever been more like there's a moment it has made me so uncomfortable where like they're like, this is the moment Dave realized he's in love with his sister. Yeah, And it plays a clip of them like on a couch talking and he's talking about his sister and he like says something super complimentary and his cheeks flush.
Speaker 2: He like has this like look.
Speaker 1: Back in his head and everyone's like, oh, like, and I'm like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not gonna do that to him.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not gonna be laugh because especially since are you watching this season A White Lotus yet?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did we talk about this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Yeah. So I'm getting super super super incest vibes from Patrick Schwarzenegger, the sister, and the brother.
Speaker 2: It's so weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's super creepy, all three of them. I'm getting it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's just on the top of my mind. I think too that it's making me laugh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And once again going back to the like everyone in Minnesota knows each other, I like, for a brief moment, was like, Man, if I would have been single when this was going on, I absolutely would have tried to go on the show, I think, Yeah, But I also would have known for a fact that I would have known so many people, because there was a point in my life where I walked into the loop and I knew five different groups of people, all of which I slept with one person in each different group. So it's like, it really is hard to like unless you live really far out of the metro area and you don't come into the city at all and you stick to like your one city you live in. I just feel like this season was hard to find people who don't know each other, and maybe that is how it's been in other seasons and we just don't know it. But I just I don't know. I feel like I've never seen people seem to have mutual connection rights. But I haven't watched all the Lovesplining seasons. I think I've only watched like three of them.
Speaker 1: I've watched most. I think it was DC or one other one that was also super boring that I fast forwarded through a lot. There's usually one super toxic couple that keeps me in so right now it's like a play between a couple of them that are decent, but I'm still fast forwarding through the others because they're boring to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I hope they found love, but whatever, I know. And so Andrew's gone this week and we've been watching it together, and I go, Babe, I'm not waiting for you. I'm sorry, like I for my job because we talk about it on the show obviously, and you do two. It's like, I need to watch these. I'm going to watch them because he's not back till next Monday, and he's like that's fine, Like, just don't tell me anything.
Speaker 1: Though, I tell that about White Lotus. I'm like, I will be watching this without you. He's like that's fine, I'll watch it okay. So anyway, that's our time. Thanks for listening, yep love yeah bye