Speaker 1: Lad with MOA.
Speaker 2: Here is my final thought. I didn't acknowledge it earlier.
Speaker 1: You might have heard in the news reports that thousands of people were protesting in Washington, DC and all around the country on this being President's Day. People are quote unquote angry at President Trump and what Elon Musk are doing. And they're calling this a five oh five oh one movement, which stands for fifty protests fifty states one movement. Do you all know what I'm getting ready to say? Can you tell me what I'm getting ready to say. I understand that some people may not support President Trump. I understand the anger intellectually at what Elon Musk is doing, and how he has not been elected, how he has not been appointed and also confirmed by the Senate as a member of the Cabinet, how he does not constitutionally have any of the powers that he is using right now, be it to look at your personal IRS data or any other data for that matter. I understand why you are concerned. I understand why you're even angry and quote this is what one of the organizers said, as far as the protest was concerned. To oppose tyranny is to stand behind democracy and remind our elected officials that we the people, are who they're elected to serve, not themselves. The events over the past month have been built to exhaust us, to break our wills.
Speaker 2: But we are the American people. We will not break close. Quote.
Speaker 1: It's a nice quote, it's a nice sentiment. But once again, if you actually were paying attention as an informed voter, Donald Trump, the candidate and then former president, told you step by step exactly what he was going to do. That he was going to bring Elon Musk into his administration, that he was going to allow Elon Musk to form DOZE the Department of Government Efficiency, that it would not be an official arm of the government. That he was going to empower Elon Musk to root out government waste quote unquote wherever that is, and however he was going to do it, and he had free reign. He said that before the election, and you know what, you did nothing. You did not show up on election day. You were not there. Either you stayed home or you had a protest vote a protest of another kind of people like Jill Stein. Maybe you thought, like in twenty sixteen, that Donald Trump could not possibly win again given the events of the past few years, given the court cases, given the belligerent behavior in the debate, you thought there was no way he could win. But he did, and he told you it advanced what he was going to do. And you can protest three hundred and sixty five days of the year in all fifty states, and you can raise your voices and keep on crying as loud as you want, and not a g damn thing is going to change. Why Because the election is over and you again missed your moment. So whatever happens, you allowed to happen because you had every opportunity to make sure that it did not. For KFI AM six forty, I'm O Kelly. Earlier in the show tonight, I was talking about how there was legitimate speculation as to whether sports broadcaster and analyst Steph A. Smith would throw his hat into the ring and run for president. To be fair Smith, he said that he's more disinclined to run than anything, but it is something he at least casually has considered. And I don't know personally. I don't personally know the guy. I only pseudo met him once while on opposite sides of an issue, you know, debating politics on MSNBC many years ago. In fact, it was the Chris Matthews Show. I say that to say he has been trending in this direction for a mighty long time. But I wouldn't presume to know him or his politics. But this is not about that. This is not even about him per se. This is about us as a country. This is about how we have devalue the importance of the presidency, where now it's just about whether someone likes you enough on TV, or whether you have a large following, or whether you have a large social media presence. If you do well, then you can be seriously considered for the position of leader of the free world.
Speaker 2: Ain't that something? Carry the nuclear football set both our.
Speaker 1: Domestic and foreign policy agendas, send troops into battle, maybe even to their deaths, make decisions which could define history and or destroy us as a nation, because that's where we are as a nation. You need not have any applicable experience on any level, because that's how little we think of what it means to become president of the United States. Because right now, as of twenty twenty five, we want to be entertained more than anything. Here's the flip side, and the flip side is that the people considering and maybe even actually running, like Steven A. Smith, they also think just as little of the job. Here's how I know, because they only endeavor to start at the very top. They've managed nothing, they've never led an agency, managed a bureaucracy, but ready to step in and manage more than two million federal employees on top of those other aforementioned responsibilities which are very very important. And they think that they can do that, that they're ready to do that, that they're qualified to do that because they have some sort of cool podcasts or some sort of an engaging TV personality. And don't get me wrong, Steven A. Smith has a cool podcast, he has an engaging personality, but don't tell me he's qualified to do anything that the President of the United States is required to do. And these individuals, it's not limited to Stephen A. Smith, but they aren't content to run for state assembly or mayor demonstrate that at least on a small level, a local level, that they are of the metal mettl e to become any elected official. They just go straight to president who thinks like that. I mean, evidently Stephen A. Smith, Donald Trump and others and of course millions of would be voters, because we're okay with that. It's one thing to think that you can run, it's another thing to vote for that person. So it's all of us. It's about us as a country. We've turned the phrase career politician into some sort of slur or scarlet letter, as if there's no competency requirement attached. Imagine for me, for just a moment, imagine pointing at someone and calling him or her a career doctor or career accountant, or career teacher or career pilot, and thinking that's some sort of insult. Put all those jobs together times five thousand, and they won't ever have the collective responsibility of one president of the United States. They won't touch as many lives, they won't be responsible for protecting as many lives, or appoint Supreme Court justices who will preside for the next forty years. But nonetheless, we require fewer qualifications than any of those five thousand doctors, teachers are pilots. We only require our candidates to become president of the United States, to become leader of the free world. We only require that they say stuff we like retire America because eventually, Eventually, there will be consequences for not prioritizing qualifications for k If I am six forty, I'm mo Kelly.
Speaker 2: It goes without saying that. I'm going to say it anyway.
Speaker 1: This world is changing so very fast, probably faster than any of us could have ever imagined growing up, or at least when I was growing up. I dreamed of the day of just having my own phone in my room.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about my own number.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about my own physical rotary or touchtone phone. Yes, I said rotary that I could answer in my own room. That was the dream once upon a time. Now I got my own phone and personal computer on my hip, put it in my pocket, which communicates with my watch on my wrist, and you know what, I upgrade just about every single year both of them. I can use my phone in my car thanks to Bluetooth. In fact, I can answer of calls on my wrist. I can play music through my wrist. I could talk to my phone and tell it to call anyone and everyone, as if there's some mini person in my dashboard dialing the phone for me. It's like the Jetsons, but in real life. And you got to be a certain age to remember what life was like with the advent of the mobile phone, combined that with the Internet and the world in nineteen ninety five. Back then, it's nothing like now in twenty twenty five. In my day, we didn't have computers in every classroom for all students. We had a single room a computer lab that you had to walk to to use a computer for a limited amount of time. And there was no internet teachers, and this is the point of this. Teachers back then only had to deal with students having sony walkman's remember them, I do, or calculators remember them. And don't get me wrong, I wanted to communicate with the girls in my class just like anyone else.
Speaker 2: It was high school. I mean I was going through puberty.
Speaker 1: But the only way we could communicate back then was passing notes, which was tantamount to the pony Express, very low tech.
Speaker 2: But here's my point.
Speaker 1: Students today have all of that in just their mobile phone, from the computer to the walkman, to the calculator, to the passing note communicator, all of it. It is heaven in a box for an adolescent. They can talk with their crushes all day and all night, and not make a sound.
Speaker 2: Mom and Dad would be none the wiser but worse. In a word, they are addicted. In fact, so are the rest of us.
Speaker 1: And despite that addiction, or maybe because of it, our children are relatively speaking, less educated than ever before. And although LAUSD may have taken a very very small step to try to correct both, there has to be far more done. And parents don't pull the phone news back because those phones serve a purpose for them as well, a constant tether in this very very dangerous world.
Speaker 2: I don't condone it, but I damn sure understand it.
Speaker 1: But I do wonder if we are better off today with this proliferation of cell phone technology, because we're all pretty much generally dumber than ever before. I'm not sure are we more dumb than ever before? It sure seems like it, It sure sounds like it. We surely act like it from the way we talk to each other, from the way we communicate with each other. Ask a teacher. When a child turns in a paper, they're turning in shorthand, they're turning in text shorthand they're not even communicating in complete sentences. And that is a direct derivative of the texting the environment and the way we speak to each other on our phones. And we know from the State of Education, at least here in California, we are performing worse than ever before, although we have this technology which is supposedly making life easier for us, more so than ever before.
Speaker 2: I just don't know.
Speaker 1: Are we generally dumber or not given all this technology. And after I send these texts, and after I post on social media, and after I check all my emails on my phone, I'll let you know. For k if I am six forty, I'm O Kelly. Earlier in the show, I was talking about Beaesels and it disappointed me where we've progressed or regressed actually as a country. And I was asking the question, did you know that one hundred and seven thousand, five hundred people worldwide died from measles in twenty twenty three, not infected, not hospitalized, but died from measles? And did you also know that most of the one hundred and seven thousand, five hundred people who died from measles were not only children, but under the age of five, children under the.
Speaker 2: Age of five.
Speaker 1: Did you know that about one in five unvaccinated people who get measles will be hospitalized about twenty percent, and one out of every one thousand people who are infected with measles will develop brains and quite possibly brain damage. And you probably think, well, that's reassuring, that's not a very high percentage. All right, Well how about this one in twenty that's five percent of those infected will develop pneumonia. And we all know about the complications of pneumonia and how it's pretty easy to die from pneumonia, especially with an advanced age. But here's some other stats to at least consider. One to three people of every thousand infected with measles will die even with the best care. In other words, it doesn't matter if it's in Asia, it doesn't matter if it's in Ukraine, doesn't matter it's in Africa where most die from measles because they are the least vaccinated. One in three who are infected out of a thousand will die even with the best care. And it kind of goes back to the whole asteroid hitting the Earth and the plane hitting the side of the mountain, analogy that I often use.
Speaker 2: It may not be a.
Speaker 1: High mortality rate until it involves your child and the possibility that he or she might end up as one of the one hundred and seven thousand, five hundred children worldwide who dies of measles. There's just some things you don't play with. There's some games you don't play. And I'm only talking about those who are unvaccinated and infected. And speaking of unvaccinated, here's another step that I really want you to consider on this evening. More than ninety percent of those who were unvaccinated, including your unvaccinated children, and also come in close proximity to someone infected with measles, will also become infected. In other words, if you're unvaccinated and you come in contact with someone who's infected with measles, there's a ninety percent chance of you contracting measles. If you are elderly and unvaccinated for measles, your outcomes, of course are worse, worse in terms of contracting it, to pneumonia, to brain swelling and even death. And what bothers me the most is we're not talking about a COVID vaccine, which was relatively new. I say relatively because it's twenty twenty five now. COVID was twenty nineteen and twenty twenty MMR measles, mumps, and rubella. That vaccine has been around since nineteen sixty three. That's longer than anyone on this show has been alive. And my ass is getting old. It wasn't luck or heard immunity that measles had largely been eradicated. It was because people still trusted science, still believed in doctors, and that had not changed in the sixties, seventies, eighties, nineties and so forth. Measles, polio, whoopee cough, and others have re emerged in twenty twenty five because we collectively stopped believing in science. We the non doctors, the non physicians, believe that we knew more than the doctors, than the virologists, the pathologists, the immunologists, the epidemiologists. But here's the truth. We don't actually know more. We just believe we know more, and it ain't true. And because we have placed YouTube research over peer review studies, here we are dealing with another measles outbreak in America. Two doses of the measles vaccine are over ninety seven percent effective. Just in case, math and science are still welcome in this country. Twenty YouTube videos espousing the contrary are zero percent effective. Now, it may be just me, but I'll choose the ninety seven percent over the zero any day of the week. But for you, choose wisely, for our children's and Grandmammy's sake. For KFI AM six forty, I'm Moe Kelly
Speaker 2: The Lad Sad at T Series, The Many Word Sad