Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And it's time to find out what is going on. What's up with Nick Poliochini who joins me in the studio.
Speaker 3: Nick is good to see you again. So you on Saturday. I got to see you on Saturday.
Speaker 4: And if you have not tuned in to Later with mo Kelly tonight, I found out that I'm a condiment according to real Mark Ronner. So you have to make sure that you check out the podcast so you catch that. So people put you on hot dogs, you can put me on hot dogs. You can put me on toast. You can spread mews to that one.
Speaker 3: That's your own business, all right.
Speaker 4: So going to Saturday hop Keto Invitational was incredible. So is the SoCal hop Keto Invitational. The first one. I have never experienced hapkto before. I have seen karate like you were talking about with the Karate kid before, never seen hot keto. Absolutely an incredible experience. If you have not seen a I don't know exhibition, a.
Speaker 3: Confistration turn it. But it was even cooler.
Speaker 4: On top of it was then because now real quick, just to pull back shirt. Hopketo is based in Korean culture correct, correct, as opposed to U karate is Japanese correct, Okay, I just want to make sure everybody understands that. So we saw an exhibition from a group of incredible young people that was showing some of the arts and the performing culture of Hapkto as well, I'm sorry of the Korean culture as well.
Speaker 3: That was Cape, a Korean American youth performing artists.
Speaker 4: So it was well worth the five dollars when we talked about it last week. You got to see Mokelly, who did not get to see much of it himself, only orchestrating, m seeing, refing, you name it. He was calling the shots. It was incredible, but it was so much fun. So thank you again for having me out. But it was a great opportunity again one of those last call, not quite free ninety nine, but five bucks to see an incredible Pilar shows. It was a real show and it was really really impressive from the eighty bitty mini little teeny tiny little guys and girls all the way up through.
Speaker 2: You know, and the black were kicking assames.
Speaker 4: They really were, and especially some of the exhibitions with the knives and the difference.
Speaker 2: Knives gun defense. I'm thinking in short stick defense, right. I saw it was really really good. So anyway, that was incredible. Good to be here.
Speaker 4: What I want to talk about is what's happening for me tomorrow and Friday and Saturday here in the Southlands and tomorrow. If you happen to be going to Disneyland, you can be a part of this as well. So this is something that Gary Hoffman from the Gary and Shannon Show here on KF and I are very much into. And it is the Savannah Bananas, which is banana Ball out of Georgia, and they are actually going to be doing Savannah Banana Days at Disneyland. So if you're not familiar with the origin of Banana Ball and Savannah Bananas. Back in twenty fifteen, Minor League baseball left Savannah, Georgia, and after ninety years leading Grayson Stadium without a team, Jesse Cole and his wife Emily arrived with the ambitious goal of making baseball fun again and reviving the stadium spirit.
Speaker 3: Long story short, it is.
Speaker 4: This absolutely incredible two hour limit game that has a very strict set of roles. No stepping out of the batter's box, no bunting, doing so actually gets you ejected from.
Speaker 3: The game, so we't showing it right now on you.
Speaker 4: Yes, if you want to see a new act factor, you can actually see Mickey Mouse and Jesse right now. The man in the yellow tuxedo. He very much reminds me of Curious George and the Man in the yellow hat. But this is a slightly dressed up version. But yeah, this is something that is so unique. And so it is four teams in the Banana Ball League currently. It started out with Savannah Bananas and their arch rivals, the Party Animals. Also they have added the Firefighters and the Tailgaters to it. Allegedly, all four teams in Banana Ball will be at Disneyland tomorrow and I will be finding it out because I will be leaving here getting a nap as I was just talking about with stuff fush and getting up at five am and over to the Disneyland resort to enjoy a lot of that. But if you have not seen the Savannah Bananas or the Party Animals, or the firefighters or the Tailgaters, then you've been living under rock. Because this is the for me, the epitome of what baseball is meant to be. This is America's pastime, and these are incredibly talented athletes, predominantly men, but they're also gone co ed in the last couple of years, since twenty fifteen, so there are quite a few really talented former Olympian women from the women's softball team they also are playing. So it's a really really fun thing. But I've never I mean, tickets are only forty bucks per seats and I'm going to bed and even if you wanted the high end version, seventy five dollars. And they're going to be performing here performing what am I saying? Playing at Anaheim Stadium, so Angel Stadium over in Anaheim, and then they will be back in September and they'll be down at Petco Park in San Diego.
Speaker 3: So those are the two local ones.
Speaker 4: But last season Gary Hoffman even found tickets for one of the resailers and literally hopped on a plane and flew up to either Sacramento or Santa Clair. I don't remember where they were performing or playing. It is kind of a performance. That's why I'm getting it a little bit tongue tig here, because these guys sing, they dance, they perform, and they're incredible athletes you've got right now, one of the players is actually on stilts. If you're watching YouTube right now, you can see exactly how fit these guys are. So if you're into that kind of thing, I don't know. I'll look in the chat in a minute. But these guys really put it out there, and they're equally as talented as major League baseball players, if not.
Speaker 3: I used to have abs like that. I have no doubt my minds that see.
Speaker 2: I tell you it was nineteen ninety It was when I tested for my black belt to tile this together, So it was nine twenty seven, ninety seven.
Speaker 3: That's what I last had a six pack, and that was the initial because your fifth degree? Correct?
Speaker 4: So was that at fifth degree or is that your original black Yeah, but you think that your fifth degree?
Speaker 3: Now that's wild.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's been a lot of injuries and workouts in return, but you know, flowing down in my old age on.
Speaker 3: You know, you're compared to some of the other people in this building, you look fantastic. I appreciate it. Yeah, it's hard to get out of the bed and more I'm not sure no, I feel that.
Speaker 4: But so anyway, if you want to see any of this fun and excitement going down at Disneyland. If you're not already have a reservation, there are still tickets available if you're going to Disneyland. Uh, the game on Friday and Saturday are both sold out, so you might be able to find some resale tickets sold They sold out just like you were talking, like in minutes. So this is such a popular thing, and I think it really That's why I say it really is the best representation of quote unquote America's favorite pastime, baseball, because they play their hearts out, but they're also so versatile in the creativity that goes into it. So it's it's something that's very unique and different. If you want to see all the fun and excitement going down to Disneyland or this Friday and Saturday over at Anaheim Stadium, always check out Nick Pouliochanni and this weekend with Nick on Instagram.
Speaker 3: And this has gotten Oh my goodness, no, it's wild, Like it is one hundred percent well worth checking out.
Speaker 2: I can't you couldn't pay me to get on stills and then try to swing a bat and hit a ball and run down the baselines.
Speaker 4: Well, the funniest part is so this and I don't. I apologize. I do not remember this player's name, but I do remember his story. Look on YouTube. He went and try it out, just like you would any type of baseball, any type of sports. He tried out for the team and he was solid, but he wasn't great. He didn't shine, and they asked, well, do you have any special traits? He goes walk on stilts and they said, well, can you hit a ball on stilts? And he said, I don't know, let's try it. So they literally and that's his claim to fame. And so now he literally is with the Savannah Bananas, travels all around the country. And this, to me, the easiest description that I haven't hit on yet. If you love the Harlem Globe Trotters, which are an incredible ambassador team for basketball, this would be baseball's version of the Harlem Globetrotters. The difference is Harlem Globetrotters is one team that takes on other teams.
Speaker 3: No, they take on the Washington Generals. That's it.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't ask me how I know that they play the Washington No.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 4: So anyway, long story long, Yes, you can check these guys out They're incredible. Both Savannah Bananas, the party animals, the firefighters and the tailgaters will all be there. I love it, even to the point that they're cheerleaders. They have the Banana Mamas, which are all I believe, over forty women, hey, and then they have the age group the man Bannas is the males, and let me tell you these are Dad bought extraordinary, So all of it's worth checking out again Nick polio'channy this weekend with Nick on social media, and then you can also see them Savannah Bananas, Party Animals, the whole nine on social media and you can find out the Lincoln bio at Nick poleio'channy This weekend with Nick.
Speaker 3: It's later with Moll Kelly.
Speaker 2: We'll have more with Nick poulio'channi is as far as what's up with Nick in just a moment, we're live on YouTube and I can't stress this enough because the show is growing by leaps and bounds. If you can see if Nick is talking about it, then Daniel is showing you it instantaneously, instantaneously, so you don't have to wonder about it, you don't have to rush to some other link to find it. Just come to YouTube at mister mo Kelly lock us in subscribe like and it makes it easier for you to join the party each and every night. It's off the chain in the Motown Chat. Motown is where we live, evidently.
Speaker 3: In Motown.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love this, and you can watch the show as we talk about it. It's not abstract, it's in real time and it's live on YouTube.
Speaker 3: We'll do it live. We're doing it live.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from kf I a M six forty.
Speaker 5: What's for You What.
Speaker 2: Kf I YouTube, Instagram and the I Heart Radio app. It's Later with mo Kelly and I'm continue to be joined in studio by Nick Poliochini.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: Nick?
Speaker 3: What's up? Brother?
Speaker 4: Let's go to San Diego, which I know that so many people in the chat enjoy when I talk about San Diego, Orange County, the INLN Empire. I have got a handful of those things available for you right now. But the San Diego Zoosa Bary Park, that's where I took my mom and my nieces this past Sunday for Memorial Day holiday weekend. And it was incredible and I had not been there since it used to be called the Wild Animal Parkark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you're going back to regen what.
Speaker 4: I was saying, like, that's how we grew up. So you had the San Diego Zoo and you had the San Diego Wild Animal Park, which are both the same company, both the same family. But a number of years ago they rebranded the San Diego Zoosa Bary Park in Escondido, so North County, San Diego out the fifteen to the Spari Park. And it is legitimately that you get so many opportunities to be able to check out all of these animals in a very open environment. So while there is a protection and barriers, you can see if you're following us on YouTube right now at mister mo Kelly, you can see there's a between you and the animals here they get to roam free. And the thing is the vast majority, if not every single one of the animals, other than being born in captivity, are all rescues. And I think that's the biggest thing that's really important is to hammer home is this isn't people going out and poaching animals. It's just you know, the same idea with SeaWorld these days, they're not going out and getting new animals. They're taking animals in that are rescues. They're taking animals in that need to be taken care of a lot of times. It's been a good number of years, but there was even a period of time for the Wild Animal Parks, specifically before becoming Safari Park, that they were actually taking retired Hollywood actors quote unquote animals, you know, four legged Hollywood actors, and they were being able to retire there. So if you have not gone, it's really good now. I was able to get seventy six dollars, got me season passes for my nieces and they are six and nine.
Speaker 3: But even for me, it was.
Speaker 4: Only it was it was less for me to take my nieces and my mother and myself and go there than to go to any of the local theme parks to us here, and we got to go on the African Tram, which takes you through the back area in Savannah. I would say, if you're looking for something new, fun and different to do for summer, since we're almost there. I mean we literally came out of a Memorial Day, which is the unofficial holiday like beginning. This is a great opportunity for you to go check out because it's both fun and educational.
Speaker 2: I would want to go again because obviously haven't been since I was a child. Sure, honestly I wouldn't remember it. I wouldn't recognize any of it. But as we look at it on YouTube, it looks like a completely different experience than anything I remember hundred percent.
Speaker 4: And I think the thing too, especially because both of my nieces are very into animals. Haley, my eldest that's nine, she wants to get into equine so she wants to take care of it horses specifically. And then Ella, who's my six year old, she specifically is more into the smaller animals. She was in Heaven with all the small wild cats because she loves cats in general, domesticated cats collective. That's but yeah, So I agree with you, having not been since I was a kid, and going through and not just experiencing it again for the first time myself with the new Safari Park and everything else, but then taking the younger generation and watching it through their eyes. I have some incredible memories that were made, so it's definitely like that insight out from Disney.
Speaker 3: It's the core memories that are being made.
Speaker 4: There a couple other things that are coming up this week and this weekend in the Southland one of my favorites, which unfortunately because I will be dedicating my time to the Savannah Bananas. If you didn't catch that part, be sure to check out the podcast. You should definitely tune into later the Low Kelly nine o'clock on Tuesdays when I get to join the team.
Speaker 3: But and we have the YouTube podcast.
Speaker 4: You have the YouTube so you can see the video component of it too, which is great. But Monster Palooza is going off this weekend at the Passing and Convention Center. This is one of the many events that I talk about because my birthday is Halloween and I'm a big fan of Halloween, horror and Haunt. But Monster Palooza, what is even cooler is it's the art of monsters and movie magic, so it's not just scary things. You actually get to see some of these incredible industrial light and magic which used to be part of Lucas Limited. They always represented there, even the New Iterations and a lot of the incredibly talented makeup artists that are from that do show up at this event. So that's well worth your time to check it out. Relatively and expensive and it is so incredible, especially if you're looking for something. This year, they'll be offering the famous Monster Poluzat Museum, which is going to be featuring a lot of different private collections of so people who have been in film or television and they have some of these really epic masks and everything else. These people are opening up their homes and letting the collections go to the special museum. That'll be at Monster Pluza that's in Pasadena at the Convention Center, And you can still get tickets. Also, we're coming up on Pride Month, so that is just around the corner. Out Loud Music Festival.
Speaker 3: We hope.
Speaker 4: Pride is happening this weekend at West Hollywood Park And what this has become more than anything, is a music festival, a mini version of Coachella. So Saturday it'll be Lizo, kempetra Uh and a lot of other headliners, and then on Sunday you've got Remy Wolf, Honey de Jon, and Paris Hilton. If you're into it, even Rebecca Black will be there from ants Friday Friday.
Speaker 3: Paris was just here a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, that's what I was saying, Like, so all of this stuff these are going down in West Hollywood Park or at West Hollywood Park for the Out Loud Music Festival. And then if you're looking for something in the Inland Empire, and I'm kind of excited that I might try to figure out how to get out there, even though I've got so much going on this week. The Beaumont Cherry Festival. Never even heard of it until I was doing a little bit of homework, but it starts Thursday, runs through Sunday, and it's at Noble Creek Regional Park out in Beaumont. So Beaumont is pretty much where the ten and the sixty come together in the Inland park is that it is Sanbardino County, Correct County, Okay, right, so Sambardino County, but it's heading out toward Cavazon. So if you have ever been to any of the KFI Casino Marongo events, it's closer than that, but you'll be able to. Family Night is on a Thursday, and so that is from five until nine pm. Friday is from five to eleven, Saturday at noon to eleven, and Sunday from noon to nine again it's in the Ie, so it's a little warm. It's gonna beautiful weekend, but the Inland Empire definitely a little bit hotter. The coolest thing that I saw and I love. If you're familiar, one of the stations I worked with was ca Cal ninety six seven k Cal rocks in the Inland Empire, and I was a part of Stu Tupinian Gjimbo their morning show, and we got a lot of different artists because we used to do the ke Cal Caegers and Red Hot Cholo Peppers. We're one of the artists, so think of Red Hot Peppers, so think of the Red Hot Chili Peppers catalog with a Cholo spin. It's an incredible thing to see. So that's going on on Thursday. You've got all sorts of different music acts. Eighties Ladies, a female cover band of eighties music is on Saturday. You've got a Swift Nation, so a cover band for Taylor Swift is on Sunday, and so much more. So you can get details of this and everything else checking out the Lincoln Bio at Nick Pouliocane This week I'm a Nick on social media. You can also check the show notes here for either the YouTube podcast or for the audio podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: It's perfect. You could check out the YouTube podcast. It is archived immediately after the show, so you can watch it whenever you want to watch it. And everything that you're seeing live right now on YouTube will be there later for you. No putt intended, and you can find it and as if we're live in the moment.
Speaker 4: And the biggest thing too, if you do any of these events I talk about, or there's anything else going on in the Southland, slide to my DMS, let me know what's up. I always love checking out new things. I like finding out different areas for San Diego, Orange County, Riverside County, San Renino County, ventor you name it. I've smoking a test cover a lot of ground.
Speaker 3: Yes you do.
Speaker 4: And it was great seeing you this Saturday. It was so much fun. Thank you again, and I really had a great time. Because supporting the local community is something that we all kind of It got a little rough around twenty twenty when we had a pandemic and it was kind of odd. So getting out there and being a part of the community is so much more important. I think that's why I was so excited to sit there with the moms and dads watching their kids compete or having exhibition game.
Speaker 3: It was amazing and those kids.
Speaker 4: Be they the little itty bitties or up through the twenty somethings, were so incredibly talented. So it really is well worth. It a very different and unique way to spend my Saturday.
Speaker 3: So hope to do it again next year. But I hope to see you again very soon. Oh absolutely, you'll see me plenty.
Speaker 2: It's Late with mo Kelly. Thank you very much, Nick, Paula Leucchini. We're live everywhere on YouTube, Instagram, at the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty