Speaker 1: You want to get on the show this morning. That is uh, that is how we'll do it. Coming up. I told you this week is gonna be just crazy with all the names getting thrown out, so we will. We'll give you a little round up with some of the other folks who will likely serve in the Trump administration. Obviously there's gonna be Senate confirmation for some of these folks. Yes, I'm aware the Republicans are going to control that, but you get a you know, you get like a gotta Ran Paul and uh, maybe one or two other people, and a lot of influence can be flexed. Mansion might even play into that, so uh, we'll get there. But the one that is obviously the big one is who it who Trump wants for Secretary of State. And I'm just curious how you're all feeling about that, Lil Marco and I I know this is going to irritate some of you, Okay, and that's that's fine. We're going to be adults and we can go and have that conversation. This isn't me judging whether I think Marco. I'll give you my opinion on it, but but I just when I set this up, whether Marco Rubio is going to be a good fit as Secretary of State. It's the oppo, right, So anyone who is out dealing on the world stage on behalf of the United States. And it doesn't matter whether you serve in a consulate somewhere, if you have a governmental facing position meaning you and probably even if you don't. Going back to the sheer dossiers that we saw that even in Africa. Al Shabab remember when we like we went in and rated their headquarters there in Somalia and they found business records that literally look like the HR department where you work. They'd be like, ah, Muhammad didn't seem very excited to blow himself up. We'll talk about that in his next review. Of course that's not coming right. It was just it was If it wasn't so damn serious, it would have been funny. All right, It's a little funny because they just because there was also like HR conflict resolution. I want you to think about that. This is one of my favorite stories I ever did. I don't have it all in front of me, but I remember deep diving it for a whole show. Like in the same way that you have a petty squabble and you take it to your superiors. They would do that and then they would document it. And by the way, I have to assume that would be the most dangerous office setting to steal your coworkers' lunches. Can we agree on this? Like, you know, you go into the break room to al shabab hq, right, and you know Abdul bad himself. Oh, look at that. His wife made him a nice sandwich and his otherwise made him another nice sandwich, and then his other wife threw it a drink in there, right, and you're thieving that thing. You don't think Abdul's going to get some ideas as to how he might be able to push back on your thievery. I'm telling you it's a minefield, absolute minefield. They had dossier's on US consulate members, not just for the purpose of murdering them in the same way that Russia takes compromat and all that. And I'm not saying that's where we're going with Marco Rubio. We're going to the machismost side of this, okay, And that is when they look up little Marco and this isn't a height thing. So as they say on the Internet, all you short kings, Calm down. It's the idea that the commander in chief of the United States called you little Marco. Do you understand what I'm asking in an administration and a philosophy that is born of strength. Right, Hey, we're America. Don't f with us. You know, we hit one button and it defeats your whole military and we are on lunch while we're doing it. You know that kind of attitude?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Do you think that when Marco Rubio then has to go in front of and then just insert whatever dictatorial piece of crap, citizen murdering despot you want to think of, when they have to do something with them and they look up all the little Marco stuff. Do you think that that period of the relationship between Marco Rubio and now you can say it was a primary and it's politics and all that. And what's crazy is people like the same insane crap that we say in political uh uh political contests where like it just go. It's where they'll be like your father helped try to kill JFK. Right, and then they're hugging it out and endorsing each other. That is not purely an American thing, and it absolutely happens elsewhere. You should be aware of that. I read that what's the name of the book. It was the same guy who did Primary Colors wrote uh maybe I think maybe he co authored it. But basically they were talking about, uh, how like the dirty tricks they play in other stuff. And it's weird because like in the British Parliament they say all the same stuff. But like you ever watched the British Parliament work, it's it's it's I don't want to say it's controlled chaos. I don't know what that is. It's funny. It's funny to watch them all scream at each other and r R and bang on stuff and and then they have the giant you know, I have the giant weapon re sitting around the table there. I'm sorry, some British listeners gonna get back. I'm aware that it's not just a weapon. It's a cool weapon. But my point is, I understand all that stuff happens. Do you think it undermines the ability of Marco Rubio if they're like this guy's boss calls him little Marco. That adorable And I don't know the answer to that, but I have somebody that we're gonna ask we have a Senator Ted Bud joining us because there's two things going on. That's eighto five, right, Ross, I'm sorry, just my phone closed from your text here. Yeah, eight o five, So Ted Budd senator, he'll join us eight o five. So that's one we're gonna talk about some of these appointments. That's one of his colleagues. Now what do I expect Ted to say? Probably like that he'll be fine, and most likely he'll be fine. But I'm just curious, like some guy who you've you've you've attempted to demasculate, you're now gonna send to be the face of America around the world. But then I think to myself, well, we sent John Kerry, we sent Hillary Clinton. Although Hillary Clinton actually is terrifying. So yeah, I remember, remember there is uh there is there are published pieces out there that where the where the who have not been sued that the the marriage on the skids that that took place following the Monica Lewinsky sandal, where Hillary literally for months didn't talk to Bill was only they only fixed it because she was berating him to start bobbing the hell out of Sarajevo, and he's like, if it'll shut you up, which is a horrible way to choose conflicts. So yeah, she terrifies me. But can can Lil Marco go out there and uh and have enough respect? Maybe the answer is the guy he answers to is Donald Trump, and that's the dude you're scared of anyway because he's quote unpredictable. Then uh, maybe maybe it's a moot point. And then the second one is and this is the big fight Senate Majority Leader, which I've always been bothered by the Senate Majority Leader versus the speaker. Uh, the way that they do things because the Speaker of the House, it's out there right, everybody knows how everyone's vote, and you're on the record with Senate it's it's a secret ballot. So will it be Corning from Texas, Scott from Florida or excuse me, Scott for Flora, Scott from South Carolina or no, Like there's uh, there's there's three kind of mains and then there's four or five. Maybees can a non senator be it. I was gonna look that up, thought maybe we'd make ross the head of the Senate. You just rule over there, then maybe they get some stuff done. So yeah, so uh he they have they have bud marked down here because I'm looking at a list of who they've stated support for for John Cornyn from Texas and what's and what's wild is like people either hate with the passion and the and and the the fiery heat of a thousand suns all the other people, or are want to marry the person that they're with, Like there's no middle grade because usually if you got four or five names out there, you kind of rank them like there's the person you want to see, and then there's the person okay, I guess, and then maybe somebody you'd hold your nose for, and then you got you get down into it where you're just like no, no, you could never convince me. And that's you know, and that's fine. Everyone's got to uh make up their make up their their own minds, but they also don't have to explain it. And I'm always curious how people get there. So I want to ask Ted how he's gotten there. Maybe he hasn't, and maybe he's just erroneously listed in here. Senator slender Man looks like he's gonna he wants to go in a different direction. What time is slender Man's interview today? We got but at eight oh five we're gonna have the full Oh oh oh, that's right. We don't put him on the show anymore, so we'll just have to go with printed reports. Uh, then we get into like recess appointments, it'll get there's a lot of ground to cover today, and so I'm really really happy that we're going to have the Senator on. Okay, all right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. It was, uh, this is not new, but the fact that it's still how it is is why I'm going to explain something to you. So going back to the first oh November, Politico ran a report talking about the response rate of people who were calling FEMA. Right, because what do they tell you, anyone who was impacted by the hurricane? What they tell you call FEMA. Here's the number we were running. We were running PSA's for the number. And that's fine, that's what they should do. Right, here's that. And I understand people go, well, you know, sometimes the phone. I understand that the phones and the internet aren't there, but it's a starting point of launching off point eventually you get to sell service. There is no perfect way other than maybe shooting flares in the air. And I also recognize that the staffing for FEMA when there's not disasters going on shouldn't be the same for staffing for FEMA when there are disasters going on. It's just not practical. And so the complexity of that is FEMA contracts. They roll people over from other parts of the government for more of the administrative stuff. Right if you can answer a phone for the Social Security Administration and run a phone tree, you can answer a phone and run a phone tree for FEMA with a little bit of training. And it's not going to be perfect. But like everything else in disaster response, nobody expects perfect. But you keep putting, You keep doing things that are insane, Like we have the amount of money that we still have that has been unspent, and these zero amount of homes in many communities going back to Hurricane Matthew that have been built. That's a thing that still exists in North Carolina. And if you're a new storm victim and you know that Hurricane Matthew people are still waiting on getting their homes rebuilt, what level of confidence does that give you. All right, So what was the thing? Well, first, the FEMA lady down in Florida says, she doesn't deny that she said don't go to Trump homes. No, she now, and keep in mind she did lose her job. She says she's a patsy. All right, I'm listening. She says she was a patsy. What she said is that this attitude, whether it be official or unofficial, that it's in the best interest of workers to avoid going to homes with Trump signage was not her idea, or at the very least not only her idea. And you know what, again, I balance it that she lost her job. But here's where it kind of makes sense. You're sitting around the lunch room or you know, wherever these middle managers gather. You're sharing your experience and yes, you have some opinion about Trump people. In the same way that that photographer who we talked about yesterday doesn't like the outcome of the election, so he's stopping any volunteer work for hurricane victims. He's like, well, they're mostly read County screwing. They get what they get. So if you're FEMA and you're sitting there and you're not immune to the politics of all of this, and you're like, and that's normally who you see every day on Fox News going, Hey, I'm Darryl, and Darryl's running a red hat and Daryl's got himself a big old Southern drawl, and Daryl's home just floated away. And if he's on there a week later, living in a pup town with his wife going where the hell are you, there's a you could take that personally, and then you see it over and over, and then you see politicians or you see jackass radio hosts like me continuing to point out these things like what do you mean you won't drive one hundred feet around a thing, a wooden barricade to go look at this house so that person get disaster assistance. Well, sorry, can't do that. It doesn't matter. It shouldn't matter, but it does because we're human and we hear stuff, and that's people being critical of your work or in this case, lack of work. Look at that. I'll never get my house fixed if I ever find myself in a hurricane. So the idea that that was an additude, which she says, Patsy, because let's face it, in the world of Patsy. That's not even a good Patsy, right, h that's a forgettable Patsy. I don't even know her name off the top of my head. I just know where is the female lady? I'll get it for you, though. You're gonna sit there and then you develop an attitude and then you sit around that lunch room and you're like, oh, yeah, yeah, I tell my guys not even to go near a Trump house anymore? Are they just yelling and stuff? They're like, where why is my Why don't you guys return my calls? And there's an interesting reason that that would be said, because remember I said that something from November first is still the same today and I'm blown away by it, or as of last night. I should say what that is the audio for you? And some thoughts next here on the CaCO Day radio program to say, should I leave it for Jamal to say that's that's part of it because this is a two parter this opening this morning. Yeah, I'll leave it. I'll leave it for Jamal. I'll let you have your moment because uh, let me let me make the other point and then we'll get phone calls. Okay, all right, exercise. This is what I need you to do. I know it's early and you hate it when I do this. You're like, I'm just trying to get ready. My kids are little terrorists. We're very busy. Just do you have a coin or do you have a coin, or do you just have anything you can flip? Okay, take it, even if it's imaginary, call it in your head and then give it a give it a once over. Did you win? Not all of you? Statistically, probably about half of you, although it's it could be way, but you know that's the point of flipping a coin. So fifty percent of you on one side of things, fifty percent on the other. Now, pretend you're all hurricane victims. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: But it looks like the agency's problems go deeper than just one employee. We also found out that FEMA didn't ads are half the calls it received for disasterrate. Half the calls to FEMA after the hurricane went to voicemail, no response.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine sitting there in your community in western North Carolina, a community that's devastated, community where people you went to church with are dead and are not coming back. But it's okay. You may not be able to find the church because maybe the church isn't there anymore. And as all of you take the advice which you were told from FEMA to go ahead and reach out and make that phone call, and even if you get a voicemail, to not get a response. And by the way, again, that reporting originated November one, on the heels of all the daily wire stuff, and I should say on the heels in that window there as we were learning about the daily wire FEMA woman. And as of last night's reporting is a cent actually the same that one. That's been almost two weeks two. It's coming up on two months since the hurricane what was it? What was landfall? The twenty sixth of September, give it a day, twenty seventh into the twenty eighth here in North Carolina, and you know what happened. And that's not just North Carolina. That's also Florida, that's Georgia, it's South Carolina, it's probably I think a little into Tennessee, I believe. And half of the people who were told this is how you deal with this don't believe. Those other people don't believe that guy on the radio's he's a peddler of misinformation and half of it. What do you expect people to do? And the audacity of some of these videos that I've seen coming out, and I have held off getting in deep diving the specifics, although I've reached out to a couple of people in these videos and they have either clarified some thing they said or they were not the first they were not. They're not sure what's going to happen yet. But there are folks who are having to make a decision, who have been staying in shelters, staying in some sort of temporary housing, their family units or at least half family units, maybe a single parent with some kids, and that what they're where they're staying and what they're doing, time may be running out. And the inevitability is if they don't have a place for their family and they have kids, and you know, they don't have a running water or which, by the way, I'm here to tell you, or a hot water. Even I'm here to tell you. I lived in an entire summer as a minor. As a minor, an entire summer, so end of May, right after we drove cows up basically until early September, because bo season was getting underway, and then it was right back in the mountains. I lived and built in a half constructed cabin with some buddies one summer, and we got our water from the creek. We granted we you know, we hold food and stuff. There's uh, we did a lot of fishing too, and and we were fine. And we were miners and and my mom should have had us taken away. Well, I can't speak from other budies. Maybe their parents would have owned them. But yeah, and so you're telling family units they are now in this position where if whatever a shelter assistance may be coming to an end for whatever reason, that even if they want to move into a facility but it doesn't meet all of the normal occupancy requirements, that there's a possibility the state could take their kids. Those are the videos you're seeing emerging. We're I'm keeping a sharp eye on this and and I promise you if I if I get a hint that one of those starts to transact, that's going to be the show the next day, especially when you couple it with that coin flip you just did and half of you you haven't even getten a call back. I can't fathom that. I can't understand why you're not and I'm not suggesting him do this. I can't understand when you're sitting there and you don't even have a call back. Although I saw people go go who leaves a voicemail? All right, we're not talking about idiot cell phone stuff. We're talking about people who may have had to go borrow a sat phone from us, from somebody so they could even get in the hopper there, who don't even get a call back. The amount of you wonder why people are enraged. That's maddening. Now let me give you the other side of this, because FEMA will say things like, well, we have to have a way to get back in touch with people, and I understand that within the early days, and I also understand that FEMA with two storms is going to be overwhelmed. And I recognize that, which is why let me there's the last thing I'll say on this and then before we get into some phone call phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. By the way, I understand that there is zero reason to have staffing levels during non where there's not emergencies going on at FEMA. The same as when there are you would just have literally hundreds, if not thousands of people just sitting around, which kind of describes parts of the government. But no, in all seriousness, that's not functional, and I'm okay with that because that's not how a business would handle things. When a business has an emergency, people have to change it up. They adapt and I'll give you an example, and it is this exact thing. Okay, Ross, what happened when we had to go a full hurricane coverage on this year news talk station? Was it just you and me?
Speaker 4: No, it was every station in the cluster.
Speaker 1: Oh weird. You mean the people from the music stations came over and did news.
Speaker 4: Talk product They did, Oh okay, the country station is well.
Speaker 1: But not the not the classic rock station. Right, they didn't come out. I know they came over to Oh those those people can, but not the It was alternative not the alternative rock. It's just Chris and those got no.
Speaker 4: Just to point out that had to happen because people are gonna say, well, why didn't your stuf because they're like, there's like two people here, like three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well it overwhelmed like our Ross and I got most weekday we got it handled. I don't know if you've heard this, but for the most part, but with something like that where we're going, what what did we go thirty six or forty eight hours straight? I think we uh uh, and we just did it in shifts, right, and you have to transition over to do stuff. And then we had people outside of normal broadcasts who are in management, who are there and they're essentially they essentially turn into interns for a lot of this. They're running copy, they're coordinating. Not to mention, our news department, and this is how you do it. And our company also has a mechanism where if we need a lot more news people on stuff, we have a network with the ability to do that. You know why, because that's how businesses plan for things, and that's why you need more business in there. I get when it's busy and everything's to the wall. And this is not a critique of somebody who works at FEMA who sits there and bangs out every moment of their day trying to help people. If you're not getting it done, this is a management thing. And it sounds like management's just sitting around telling people to not go near Trump signs. It's positively enraging. And yet here we are, all right, let me grab this called Jamal Gorett ahead, sir, you know what, cac.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Jse and thank you off as well. You know what case if this had been a white lady and this had been Jamal the Harris supporter, every news agency would have declared it racism. They would have said this was racism, too great, this's a no.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on. I thought you were going in a different direction with the how the meat is reporting this. Let me add to what you're saying and I'll let you finish. So because I understand you're saying, well, if it looked like they were intentionally targeting, because they would make that argument if it was a bunch of Harris signs, or if it was in an area that had a higher minority population, you bet some idiot be out making that claim. But what was crazy is the amount of stories I saw where the photo that they paired with the story was not this woman's photo, which was readily available, you've all seen it, but they would just they would put the FEMA director's photo in there. And that is a decision. Who, by the way, is a white woman and It's like, why would you when you're specifically doing a story about somebody you have a photo of, why would you put her boss?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: You would? They would say, well, because it goes up the food chain. And I'm like, that's fine. But when JD. Vance does something that you don't like, are you gonna run Trump's picture? Now, You're gonna run gd Vance's or you know, go down the list. Whatever it is Marco Rubio said, doesn't something doesn't go well at the G eight. You're not putting Trump's picture. You're putting Marco Rubio there looking like something's not going well. Absolute absurdity. I'm sorry, go ahead, hey, And.
Speaker 5: You know what, Casey and noticed this in the manner in which the media are even talking about it. See, like I said, she was white when she said there is a culture there. Why haven't we heard Joe Biden come out and talk about it, mister unity, Why haven't we had Kamala Harrison, Because remember Kamala Harris was going on around here.
Speaker 1: She doesn't have a clue what's going on. She may have been running around here, but more chicken with no head than you know, doing stuff she doesn't care or no. In my opinion, and I think right now, especially in Lame Duck, she's gonna care no less if that's possible.
Speaker 5: Where's Josh Style? Where's Josh Style? You know, mister you know, mister oh, I'm where the terrors have been? Mark Robberson, you know, mister Josh Style. Why doesn't an investigation at what happened on western North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Just seem this happened never in a thousand years. But he is Attorney general. To your point, frankly, at the very least, he should be out there with his hands in the air, going what the hell is going at fifty Thanks for the kuljamm you did. Fifty percent of people who've requested haven't even gotten a phone call back, and that number doesn't seem to be vastly improving.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 1: Where's the Where's the guy who once a week sends me a press release about how he and eight of his buddies shook down a pharmaceutical company or or you know, insert whatever company it is. You want to be the big fighter here, get into this, Get into this. Half the people, how angry would you be? And for those of you going, you know, maybe the people in the mountains or the you know, the people talking about this, they're just jetting it up and they're making it harder. How could you make it harder not answer or any of them? How angry would you be if you live where you live right now? Let's see, you live on a street with six houses. You all know each other, and you all get together and you're like, oh, that was crazy. All of you suffer damage, and three of your neighbors like, yeah, no, we got they came out in an evil and you're like, well, nobody called us back. And then you find out that it was essentially half, you'd lose your mind and frankly, your neighbors, if they're good neighbors, would lose their minds on your behalf and probably help you because that's what normal people do. But we're not dealing with normal people. And where are the news agencies trying to hold this accountable? Other than me and a handful of others, I shouldn't say just a handful. I've seen some good reporting from what we would consider mainstream, but it's few and far between. Where's the big boys, where's the CNC, and where's one am I? Where's the I will go with uh? Fox eight or XII. Well, some of them are doing reporting on the on the triadside. I think Fox eight has run some decent stories. But where's w R e L. Where is you know, if they're the they're they're the leader there. Where's w r L? Why aren't they on their uh? Why aren't they on Twitter right now with their half million followers putting shedding light on this is a question I asked myself yesterday when I attempted to go count and check to see if there was any posting social media or posting of stories by w R e L and others on this craziness with the FEMA stuff right because they, like many others, were the ones telling you you're a horrible person. And as I go to check something amazing, something amazing occurred to me, and you just wait for it. It's coming up next. You do not want to miss this. Hang on, I have I have a gazillion things. He's gonna really regret scheduling. I'm kidding now, He'll be fine, But no, we got a lot of We got a lot of ground to cover, so we'll get on that. Unfortunately, though I I have some bad news. We're gonna do a canceling. This is not how I wanted to start my morning, but it's frankly can't be helped. All right, So what are we canceling Trump administration? Part due? Yeah, they got him, They got them, or they will they will soon have him. And no, not even for the reasons we discussed yesterday. But something new and exciting. Are you ready for this? Tip hawk astrologers? Yeah, do you remember these folks as the folks who, let's see, were slanderously trying to solve student murders out in Ohio or Ohio, Idaho. That lady's so whacked. I don't know if you saw that, like the double down on that lawsuit. Yes, TikTok astrologers who overs almost overwhelmingly used the stars and the planets and everything to predict a decisive Harris video victory are now making videos explaining what's going on because they kind of look like maybe they're full of crap. There's a possibility you ever talked to you ever talked to somebody who's really into astrology, which is fine if you really want to be into it, if you want to be into it, but like people think it's weird most of the time. Now, I can just be like, all right, that'll be amusing kind of like conspiracy theories, but like some people, really, some people will base super life decisions over, you know, astrological alignment. As I'm reading this article, this is a TikTok astrologers are convinced the election isn't over. Oh wait, you know what, ross I didn't. Oh, I tweeted this yesterday. So actually, if you want to retweet it, but if you don't have to, if you just roll down a little, you'll see this tweeted out there. All right, so back back to back to this bad boy. Why would it take my I hate websites like that. You scroll and it auto loads the next story. I just hate you so much. So a the gaggle of TikTok astrologers, who, by the way, if you can't trust a TikTok astrologer, who can you trust or a TikTok psychic they're at they're everywhere. They're usually like twenty three year old women. Some claim their witches, some claim there don't claim that they're just this that's more on the psychic side, and you had to pretty high profile example. Were one of these lunatics who also by the way, is still making content on this who started the whole thing that the college professor at the University of Idaho up in Moscow where those students were killed by that lunatic with a knife allegedly. That whole story's bonkers when you when you read into it. But what's even crazier is you had a professor there who this girl just fixated on. Was like she did it, making up relationships all that, And what was the most insane part, if that isn't insane enough already, is the court battle because she'd get served literally with a law suits. She would she pretended to wipe her backside with it, which is always courts love that, but also it was she decided to represent herself and it's a train wreck. So you're not dealing with the best and brightest. However, if you got a main line to the the Cosmos all lists. So why exactly is the fight not over? Well, for a couple reasons that are going to sound equally as insane. One meg Lee, who doesn't trust Meg Lee? Right, the astrologer probably all heard of her, she said, in the fact that they all seem to predict a Harris win. She said I stand by what I said. I don't think we've seen the end of it all. It's just the beginning. Based on the astrology alone, Harris is president. Did you guys know that? Because one, she's not the president right now, and astrology wouldn't have anything to say because Joe Biden's the president right now. But I think she means in January, and that's not the numbers I saw. So here's where it gets. I'm gonna avoid being a four year old for this whole thing, but I'm going to slip into it, and there's nothing I can do. I apologize in advance.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: When asked to explain why exactly Harris is the president regardless of what the American electorate said, uh meglie, let us know.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: Apparently she was checking out the chart alignments on the candidates and she said that this on Tuesday. This is Tuesday morning. Harris's chart showed that Saturn was transitioning her tenth house. Well, why didn't she say that at the beginning, she's getting her tenth house transitioned, which, by the way, is six more houses than the Clinton Foundation built in Haiti, which are probably demolished. Now we got a Haiti story we'll get to but anyway, so her tenth house is being transitioned. Meanwhile, on Tuesday morning something amazing effect. Let me get the breaking news sounder for this, because I didn't realize Trump was having to deal with this. Unfortunately for Trump, as of Tuesday morning, when Harris's tenth House was transitioning, Uh, they determined that Jupiter was conjuncting his uranus. I'm reading this verbatim. I'm not making any of this up. I'm not I'm not repositioning words. I am reading this verbatim. On Trump's chart, Jupiter was conjuncting his conjuncting like a conjunction uh, his uranus, which sounds you know what that sounds like. It sounds like your your your hands are tingling, or you're you're you got some lower back pain and you pop on web MD and it's like, oh, I'm sorry, you have a conjuncted uranus. By the way, who wants to hear that? Man? You're running to your way, probably not running like you're over the doctors, off doc, doc. I just found out I have a conjuncted uranus. Who did it? Jupiter? Which, by the way, if there's gonna be a planet in our solar system to conjunct your Uranus. Jupiter's worst case possible, right. I know it's very gaseous, so maybe it's appropriate. But remember, like how much what do you can? You feel?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: What thirty? Maybe it's more than how many earths can you fit in just that eye? It's some crazy number. That's the last planet? Like you, you gotta go Neptune, brouh, you got you gotta wish that they brought Pluto back if you're gonna have one of these planets conjuncting, you know, Uranus. I told you, I told you how hard I have to try to not be that guy in this segment. But I this, this is what they're and they mean this seriously. They're serious. So the stars have spoken, the planets have spoken. Trump's got a conjuncted Uranus and Harris, I guess in Janu where he'll be the president. Let's see here? Who else do we go? We gotta buch You know, I'm not gonna read all these losers. Yeah, I think Megley really summed it up very well. There she's got Are you not gonna believe this? Most of them have crazy eyes. Who saw that coming? Who saw that? But let's get down to what this is. It's clicks, man. If you look, every time there's something there, it's about And frankly they probably do good at a social media company. The ones who are really good at this, they tease, well, these are all these are things behind the scenes. So like in radio, they'll tell you. You know, you gotta be able to tease. So when I'm coming up to a break like I did earlier, where I'm like get you know, I'm like, hey, we're gonna flip a coin when we come back, and you don't want to miss it. That's a tease. But you better pay off your teas. That's the part they haven't figured out here. Because Kamala Harris will not be I'll risk being in that montage video like the one about Trump. He won't be. Kamala Harris will not be president after inauguration day. Okay, I'll go out. I'm gonna go out on a limb here. In fact, in honor of one of my favorite movies, Trading Places, let's bet the usual. Ross you want to bet the usual from trading Places? I think we bet the usual. So and if if what If Meglei wins, then I will send Meglei the usual and she can use it to get her crazy eyes fixed or at least have a down payment. Or maybe she gets her uranus conjuncted and needs to seek help for that. I don't know, but thank you TikTok for the only really useful thing you do, and that is highlight the crazy for me. All right? Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Now I'm the only I'm the only one who gets to be immature about this. I'm looking at my email here. Some of you are not being mature. Could I instead take you over to a new growing trend, conspiracy. Okay, watch for it. You're already seeing at emerge, but it's important that you understand it. There is a period of time and we're in it right now, following the election. Once the media has accepted who they believe will be their on inauguration day, and I know not all of them have, but for the most part, they may say one thing, but they do the other and it doesn't matter which direction it goes. It requires them to move the narrative on stories and it's something we do politically. Like you're guys, in charge. It's not as bad. They're guys in charge, their bloodthirsty killers. Sometimes that's the case. A lot of it's just politics, but it also requires a momentum and an opinion shift. And so what you're going to see is all all of these things that you who voted for Trump have been losing your mind over, whether it is hurricane assistance, whether it's the border issue, whether it's the UH, whether it is the inflation, just the cost of groceries, cost of gas at certain times you have been told for three and a half years, and there is there's some remarkable stuff coming out about what happened. I swear I thought I put this in the stack? Did I know? Did I?
Speaker 7: Ross?
Speaker 1: Did I put in I guess I didn't put in a stack? All right, because if I don't see it here, Ross stubs everything in. All right, that's I'll go. I'll go back and find well. I don't even need a dubbed it. I'll just tell you what it said, so as you remember how so that they could retain access to the money, because that was the big thing. I did raise all this money. The only other person who could use it as part part of the current cycle presidential candidate was his running mate, and so it had they would have they would have literally walked away from an ungodly sum. I can't remember exactly what it was, which they probably should have looked at all the money you would have saved that she wasted. So they stuck with that, and that required them to essentially just change the name on stuff and then hand it over so that she had access to all those dollars. So the Biden campaign became the Harris campaign, and with that came not just the money, but it came all of the research, the polling, the everything. And I'm actually surprised that Biden folks let some of this go over because it's not really useful with them anymore. The entire time that they were telling you everything's fine, they believed it. These are this is internal stuff. This is this is from a one of the campaign, one of the actual people within the campaign, and what they were now that now they're just burned it down because they'll realize they've been lied to. But they when they walked in and they got a hold of the internal polling and how focus groups were tested during Biden's run when he was telling you, no, this is the best economy ever. They believed it. He probably believed because somebody told him and then it locked in. But like people around him believe that because they were using best case scenariometrics, they were ignoring anything that didn't comport. Probably called one of these TikTok astrologers. And then when they had something they liked, they went with it. And he said that they firmly believed that in spite of a very very interesting number, which I will tell you, so were doing the tea's again, we're doing the teas and you're not going this number. And then the transitioning of the American populace's position on the big issues of our day. That's what's begun. We'll get you the number, we'll play of the audio, we'll get their next hang on, all right, this, we'll catch up to this little conversation Rosser and I are having off the air. But let me hit you with this. Jon Favreau, who was a former speechwriter for Obama. He was a campaign co chair for Biden for one of the regions I think a regional chair. Hey, this is one of the guys that's in the upper echelon of the Democrat Party. Okay, So he's being interviewed on pod Save America, which is not the number one podcast in the world, not the number two, not that I could we go down the list, yet somehow finds themselves with an HBO deal and all sorts of stuff because it's moon bets. It's a bunch of moon bets. So I just want you to understand that this guy, who is a diagn thebold Democrat, worked in campaigns and staff for presidents and would be presidents, is being interviewed, is being interviewed. By the way, for those of you asking me to ask Ted Budd about Senate the Senate leadership, I'm on it. Okay, I got it. I'm good. I have a little trust in your boy. Or I'll just talk about astrology if you keep sending me stuff which would be very confusing to or maybe he's into it and we'll learn something. Anyway, So Favreau, a leftist, is on a podcast full of leftists being then distributed on leftist media outlets. There is no expectation that he has to come in there and and be a wrecking ball. He can do the hymn and the han you know, and even the kind of intimate that the Trump cheated somehow away, that's what I expect, but he didn't. He started talking about that transition from the Biden campaigned to the Harris campaign and getting a hold of all of those documents. And at the very moment, right just remember after the debate, when they said that the debate didn't materially impact their polling, and everyone went, how is that possible? Or when they were telling you everything's fine, how do you believe that? Favreau said two things. One he said that they believed it, and two and here's and I'll explain why. He also pointed out at the exact moment, they took over the most recent internal polling. So in the moment that Biden said I'm out, Har's going to do this thing, the internal polling showed Joe Biden and Donald Trump's race, with Donald Trump receiving four hundred electoral votes. He would have received a court if you believe the internal polling, which arguably some people tend to believe more. I don't know about that, don't know about that that he was, he was, you know, you know, lose by one hundred and thirty whatever ballots or electoral votes. That's my that's like reagan esque and it's not even a fair just straight comparison with the Reagan race when you get into third party stuff. But again, if Favre makes a I say, a fair point in that, I believe I think they're wrong, but I believe that they thought this, that people would sit there and they just they thought that they could beat Trump by doing nothing. And if that's going to be your strategy, you're hosed. Man, You're hosed. Why because he's a semi known commodity. If he's just a rando and you didn't have and you can't feel any of the energy, Sure, fine, you may that may mathematically work out for you, but that was never a possibility. So have you the Harris campaign, Well then what do you gotta do. You got to go big or go home. Unfortunately they did both. We'll get into the financials here in just a few minutes. All right, So here's the audio I wanted to talk about that we were transitioning too, and that is the media now has to unignore things that they claimed weren't happening.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 1: I know, the border's fine. Yeah, it's a little messy sometimes, but it's just a lot of people in h humanity and why do you hate brown people? Or you know whatever the narratives were. Now that thing, even if it's the day after the inauguration, has to be displayed as a dumpster fire of epic proportions, and it has to be squarely on Trump. Why aren't they doing anything? It's been a week. Why isn't Tom Homan fixing it? Although, by the way, I don't think you want to challenge Tom Holman too, telling you, dude, he was very few people do I meet up up in Washington who are already in government where I immediately like them and I and it isn't necessarily for just what he does. He's just he's just a really I don't want to say funny because he's you know what, he reminds me of a little of something I get pegged with. So maybe this is a little selfish where I come ross. Would you say occasion I can come off as a curmudgeon, you can too, for that matter, But would you say that as occasionally a thing? Yeah? Well, but you know, some like the thing is like I don't smile for pictures and whatnot people, but it's it's not me. I want to have a Holman's like that, but then he starts telling you stories and they're insane, and they're I don't want to say they're great, because a lot of them aren't great. But he's also the last dude you want to challenge. If you've ever seen any of Tom Holman in doing congressional testimony, famously with aoc oh oh, it's good stuff, good stuff. He was the one who was on sixty minutes the other day when they're like, what do you do if there's families, He's like, well, we could to pour them together. And then a look on that woman's face at sixty minutes. That's Tom Mahoman. Don't challenge that guy to get up and rolling. He's going to I can't even play his speech that he gave at one of the clothes at the one of the victory parties. He swearing the whole time, not the whole time, but a lot of it. But his attitude is you give me sixty He said that Trump told him he's got sixty days to get some order down there. The border patrol people are over the moon quote. Morale among US customs and Border Protection agents has skyrocketed, according to the National Border Patrol Council President Paul Perez. These guys were in the dumpster. I want to say that they had positivity ratings about the job that they're doing in like the twentieth percentile, and that's now in the seventieth percentile. Acted to be. Trump has already taken action preparing to carry out his immigration agenda, tapping Tom Home and former Acting Director of ICE to serve as the new borders are. I almost I'm kicking myself because last week when I or when the sixty minute stuff I was gonna have, I was gonna ask Ross to try to get home and on. I actually have a I have a number for him. He'll probably change that. That was dumb of him. Give me a cell. No, I won't abuse it, but I want to. I'd like to get him on, but I think he's going to be unget onnable for a little while. But we'll try. We'll try, because he's he's and I've interviewed him at the radio row up in DC. But it is going to be imperative that the media switch it. So everything that wasn't a problem will now be a massive problem. And every single moment of every day it it doesn't. It doesn't. And by the way, to fix it if even if the Republicans say they fix it, if it's not the Democrats solution, that they'll still say it's broken. And that's the job of the media.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: You have to start to flip public perception. You have to figure out a way, just like Biden's health, because you saw what it just did to you. You have to soft roll people into recognizing there's a problem. And you can do it by you write things like spurred on by the election of Trump. People are making a mad dash, even though that's not true. That caravan lost half its people, half the people that they were staged in southern Mexico turned around or attempted to seek asylum in Mexico for most of them. And that's where we're going. That's where we're going. Let's head to the view first show.
Speaker 9: There is a problem at the border, and there's been a problem for decades and decades, and every administration has come through here and no one has fixed it. It ballooned in this last administration. And that's what the people voted on a referendum on that. Because right now, one thing I've never understood and actually think We'll wait to see how this looks. But either we have laws at the border or we don't.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's very clear, and we keep playing it the joy and will have not yelled at her this far two months ago, they would have cut her off. You can't convince me otherwise.
Speaker 9: We're asking people to get in line to come into this country while incentivizing people not waiting in the line. Like we've seen things where sanctuary cities like California and Illinois kind of like get to the country like kick the can. If you get to base though, you're going to be fine.
Speaker 6: You also have.
Speaker 9: Tim Walls signed into legislation in Minnesota that allowed undocumented immigrants to receive free in state tuition. All these are lovely in spirit, but there are people that can't pay for food for their own families. In New York, they were giving the five hundred dollars meal cards, and obviously we want to help someone for the humane interest, but there's a lifeboat here and there. I think the rage about the border was also people here that are maybe insecure, homeless at times, making ends meet, and they don't have any of they can send their kid to college. That's the outrage of what I saw.
Speaker 1: The voters all right, all right, so and it took a minute and eight seconds for one of these Banshees to start screaming at her. I don't know, I know it doesn't sound like progress. That's progress, man, And it goes on morning Joe shall.
Speaker 2: We The Washington Post, Matt Bye writes some part I do think the prosecutions fed a narrative of Trump as a victim. I also think Democrats dug themselves into a hole on cultural issues and identity politics.
Speaker 1: Trump I love this, I love, love love the way she says identity politics. It's a little inflection, but she's almost surprised that she's reading the quiet part out.
Speaker 2: Loud vicious transgender ad In the closing weeks, She's for they them, He's for you. Was probably the most effective of the cycle. I think that probably landed with a lot of traditionally Democratic voters who feel like the party is consumed for the cultural issues while the economic issues don't really change. I think people needed a reason to feel good and hopeful about voting for her, and absent that, a lot of frustrated voters apparently decided to go with the guy who wants to burn it all down.
Speaker 8: Let's dig a little deeper, because you have that stacked on top of what happened on college campuses this fall, stacked on top of what's been happening on college campuses over the past four or five years. I have said this on the air, and every time I've said it, people said, Oh, you're just saying that because you're a white conservative. No, I'm just saying it because every Democrat that we have ever sat down with dinner with over the past five years who have kids that go to colleges say their kids are afraid to speak in class because they'll be canceled.
Speaker 1: I mean, the first part of making the transition is you have to come off the one side right. It's like an upside down bell curve. Man, you gotta cut. You're over there on the left, your way up the hill. And that is because you're protecting your candidate. You don't have anyone to protect anymore. So as these problems continue, they will become bigger problems. Why is Donald Trump allowing college campuses to melt down? Remember they remember the first time around the college campuses. Every time they'd say it is they would say it's a result of Trump merely existing, which is a heckler's veto. But you should look that up if you don't know what that is. But now you got to you've got to repeal and you got to put in. You have to be like, you know, we were always here saying this. You heard morning Joe there that Loune to tell. Oh, yeah, every time I went to a party on the Upper East Side or where they wherever they hang out, I'm sure that's probably where it is. We go there and uh, you know all the rich people say their kids go to colleges and they're all insane, all the colleges or insane. Well, I don't remember saying anything about that. And the grifters have to continue because they still have to have this aura that they got it right. One of the king grifters in this case somebody who has photographed himself, campaigned for in previous times and co chaired a campaign with in the form of Jesse Mister Rainbow Push Jesse Jackson is Al Sharpton, who was Trump's buddy. There's a photo of Al Sharpton kissing Trump on the cheek or like leaning in for one would, and he's not even holding a bullhorn and he's not in a tracksuit. This guy's got to pivot faster than anybody.
Speaker 8: Progress that's on the four to four left said we're going to save you black and Hispanic people of America. A lot of black and Hispanic people Americas ain't no thanks. You're kind of wild, like you're too far left. We believe in the American dream. We want to be part of the American dream. Thanks, but no thanks.
Speaker 3: Keep that in your college classes.
Speaker 7: Breath.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, the whole goal of the civil rights movement and the movement now is to correct the system, not to overthrow the system, and to make things work equally for everyone, not to just upturn everything and change everything to some undefined utopia. And these latte liberals that speak for people that they don't speak to, that want to lead people that they don't even like.
Speaker 1: By the way, how rich is this coming from Al Sharpton? Have you seen his houses? And then he's over there banging around Harlem trying to get another Hasidic Jew killed. If you don't know what that means, you should look it up to Wanta Brawley. Go ahead, I'll let you google it. This guy's so full of it, man, and yet they have to start the trans position so that eventually, by the time you get in there, you were right all along. Donald Trump's the problem. And look, this problem that we chose to ignore is now a big problem. Mark my words. It's coming seven forty six race stage from the weather channel. He's coming at you with the weather Yo, yo yo. What's up?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 7: How's it going?
Speaker 1: I'm glad. As long as I'm not flying on Spirit Airlines, I'm good today.
Speaker 7: So oh what Spirit?
Speaker 9: Do?
Speaker 1: What you did? You not see the two Spirit stories this week? So wow, it's not really a spirit's problem. But one of you was a JFK or gligor. One of the airports up in New York. A raccoon popped out over the gate. Oh wow, you know, right you they scan your little thing before you get on the jet bridge. Yeah, raccoon came flying out of the ceiling. Everyone freaked out. But yesterday a Spirit Airlines flight flighting to Port of Prince they were shooting at it it.
Speaker 7: Oh wow, now it is.
Speaker 1: Well hold on, well, but it's Spirits. So do we know the shots were coming from outside? I don't know, Oh, your red.
Speaker 7: Spirit, No, I don't know if I fit from what I hear.
Speaker 1: You know the front they have the front, they have like four front big seats, right, you probably enjoy those, but and I've got them a little grief. But Spirits got a little bit of a rep because it's a low cost carrier.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm just saying, did did Barbecue and the Haitian?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: I can remember what they call the liberation whatever? Barbecue? Who's the warlord? That's his name? I didn't name him, it's his name Barbecue. Interesting you know why his name is Barbecue?
Speaker 7: I probably don't want to know.
Speaker 1: You don't. You do not want to know exactly?
Speaker 11: Thank you very.
Speaker 1: Barbecue and team shot at the plane or tell me it was Ross barked OUN's spirit is never advertised on the show. Probably anyway, whatever, I'm just joking. You know, it's terrifying. We shouldn't be flying over to Haiti. They need to be done at place is. It's got some problems right now, and I know people need to get there. I don't know what the answer maybe flying to the Dominican across him in I don't know, But so what's is it good going to Haiti?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Today?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Sure, sure if that's what you'd like. I mean, looks pretty good this morning. There's a statement there's some patche fogg and cloud in the area, but nothing too widespread.
Speaker 7: A beautiful couple of days coming up.
Speaker 12: Cooling trend, though by tomorrow morning you're gonna be like, huh, what's this. We're gonna take ten twelve degrees off of what you see right now in the Karth thermometer. So if you're seeing forty seven or a fifty or a fifty two, it's even fifty five right now. Over at Duke of the University, you're gonna see like thirty five thirty eight tomorrow morning. So some chillier air on the way, but back to where we should be this time of year, so it shouldn't be a surprise. Sunny today, probably get load of mid sixties. Tonight mid upper thirties with maybe some frost, especially from the Triad west into the mountains and some of the nooks and crannies. Wednesday sunny and cool, mid upper fifties, but that is closer to normal, which is about sixty degrees Thursdays. Some rain possible in the afternoon and at night. Quarter and a half an inch of rain not a severe weather threat, not a flood issue. Behind that front. We'll have sunshine back for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and again we'll get back into the sixties and maybe well into the sixties by Sunday, maybe seventy degrees for the triangle, returning by about Monday, and more sunshine, so a little chillier, especially tomorrow morning, and then a little wet weather, then some beautiful weather for another four or five day stretch, and we're gonna have to keep our eyes on the tropics because there is something that may try to come out of the southwest Caribbean.
Speaker 1: He's just gonna say, I'm like, hey, you're not threatening us anymore, but he is. So there you go. When what is the timing on the maybe for something like that.
Speaker 7: Just real late next week?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so we oh good, So maybe people can get just before Thanksgiving?
Speaker 7: Right exactly? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, well all right, thanks man, we'll talk in an hour. Have a going there you go, Racetagic from the Weather Channel. All right, coming up, you heard Ross and I banging numbers. These numbers coming out of where a lot of this money went to the Harris Camp is a whole lot of egg on the fan. Man, maybe we like Ross and I were saying, we don't. Maybe we don't understand how political endorsements work. We'll let you be the judge next hang on pay week, your day month, however long it takes. And when I say pay, I mean we are finding out who is getting a new gig. A lot of names coming out on the administration. And of course we're also trying to figure out who is going to be head of the Senate now that Republicans have re seized control. And to help us do that, one of the guys who's going to get to vote that is if I can get my phone screener to work. There we go, our own Senator Ted Budd. How are you doing this morning, Senator?
Speaker 6: Oh, it's great to be with you.
Speaker 11: I mean, what amazing win last week.
Speaker 6: So we got a lot of work ahead of us, but we're looking forward.
Speaker 1: To it now. Normally I would ask this question and I would only be able to rely on on your own take. But I made the I made the I was in DC this weekend and it didn't vibe how it normally vibes, and some of the conversations I was overhearing while I was at the airport and then at a couple of the restaurants. Everybody capital over by Phoenix Park and over there there's people like talking about resumes and stuff and us, and you know what, here's here's why I feel bad, because people are human and I work in an industry where a lot of times they may just be that you don't work here anymore, go move across the country. It happens. I've been fortunate, so I don't wish that a pond, but there was a secret part of me and you can scold me if you will, where I'm just like good good.
Speaker 5: So that is the goal.
Speaker 6: That is the goal.
Speaker 11: I mean, President Trump talked about shuttering some of these buildings and while it may hurt the small city of Washington, d C. It would be great for the rest of the country. Or at least move them out, you know, put them out in the Kudzoo area where where real people work.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, put them on the other side of Dulls or something. And then the other don't even get me start. You know, when I have to fly in and I fly over, just endless. Seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars, million dollar homes. But what does that look like in DC? When you start getting how does it normally look in DC? Because you've been through, you know, all these two year cycles for what how long have you been one? Or either Senator I came.
Speaker 11: I came in with President Trump in twenty sixteen, was sworn in, Yeah, I mean House and Senator sworn in seventeen days before the president. So I came in January third, twenty seventeen. He came in January twentieth.
Speaker 1: So so frankly, you've always been in the swamp, so or not in the swamp, but in the hurricane, if you will. So when he says things like we're going to close the Department of Education, the vision that people see is bulling sorrow or not bullon sorrow. The Argentinian guy whipping those Remember he's ripping all those departments off the wall. They're out of here. And so is that what we're looking Is Trump going to do that? First of all? And what is your comfort level when he says things like the Department of Ed is out and we're going to give it back to the States and that's a lot of money. I mean, where does Ted bud land on that well.
Speaker 11: I think you've got a message in a certain way, and that's I mean, you've got to say we want more education, and we realize the very Department of Education is an.
Speaker 6: Obstacle to that.
Speaker 11: I mean, when you look at how much money is spent per student in North Carolina, what's at thirty thousand per student or so there's a huge number. And remember sixty percent of our state, not our federal but our state's budget is on education. So there's plenty of money being spent, but it's not getting to the benefit of the student to get them ready.
Speaker 6: For the workforce and to be great citizens.
Speaker 11: So we've got to translate how those dollars are used, and I think that these bureaucracies are in the way of helping the student. We need more for teachers, and we need more in the classroom and more for students. So as long as you message that, I think we're in good shape and you realize that these bureaucracies have turned in on themselves and they're not benefiting the American people.
Speaker 1: No, and I'm reading reports of people were at the DOJ who are already resigning. It's how much of that is normal versus I don't know that I can do. But here's something I did notice when I was in DC, and then I want to get into the Senate stuff. I was it was a nice day over the weekend on side. Were you up in DC on Saturday?
Speaker 11: It was kind of yeah, we're I'm in North Carolina as much as possible, So I was, no, oh, no.
Speaker 1: In d C. I was in DC Saturday and it was a nice day. So I just said, I haven't walked them all in a while. It's a beautiful day. I'm gonna go do that. So I did the I walk from essentially just north of the White House down to the Lincoln Memorial. I wanted to see the new Korean War Memorial, which I don't know if you've seen it. It's really cool. But what I didn't see is pink hats, lunatics, people burning recently immigrated people's limos which contained literally that's their whole career. They're probably living in the thing. I didn't see the unbridled insanity that I have come to expect from where you work, sir. And my question is is it that people avenged? There's people who are losing their minds. Are they going to take it better? Or is this going to manifest in a different way versus what we saw last time, because it's injurious to the ability to get things done.
Speaker 11: I mean, you saw a confluence of some horrible things last time. I mean you had the George Floyd reaction in twenty twenty plus COVID plus and then the anti anti law enforcement sentiment. But we said, like, look, the reason that Trump was elected overwhelmingly in every single swing state and the most you know, the biggest landflight in like thirty six years, is because people feel unsafe and things are unaffordable. And if you're unsafe, you're going to be respectful of law enforcement. You're going to say we need law enforcement.
Speaker 6: So I think the crazy stuff.
Speaker 11: Is on the way out. I mean you got to watch it during swearing in and all these different moments of heightened security. But I think people are ready for some law and order again so they can get back to having their lives and they want to be safe. They want their family safe, they want their kids safe, they want schools safe. And I think we had more of that under President Trump. I know we had more of that, and that's what people are. You know, did a landslot election for and.
Speaker 1: If people do want more of it, it's going to require a lot of heavy lifts. You guys, while you're going to be in control of the Senate and the House, it's over on the Senate side. It's not as though you have sixty or sixty you know, sixty six votes? How do you do that? And how important is this vote you guys are about to take for Senate majority leader? And by the way, where are you on the big three that are being thrown out Cornyn, Scott and thun Where where's Senator butt? At question?
Speaker 11: But the question behind the question is, Look, who is going to be lockstep behind President Trump? Who is going to use the levers of the Senate to a pomplish what happened in a landslide election just a week ago? That's the question. You know, who has when they been given a chance to lead, how do they do? You got to look at their voting history. So I'm listening to everyone. We're going to have a discussion tonight. We're going to have a discussion tomorrow. I haven't made up my mind.
Speaker 6: It's a secret ballot.
Speaker 11: There's probably several several ballots are going to happen, probably not the first ballot, somebody is going to be eliminated and it's going to go from there. So it's going to be it's going to be, you know, an interesting ride. But again I'm I'm open to everybody, but the goal is supporting what Americans North Carolinians overwhelmingly voted for last Tuesday night.
Speaker 1: What's okay. But so what do you make of the record? I have reporting that says you're you're voting for recorded, so the reporters are wrong.
Speaker 11: You know that same that same list that you know I read probably the same Twitter.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm asking you because I don't ask believe it. This is why I'm asking you.
Speaker 11: Go pull that list, And it had one of the the people running, John fun was voting for John Cornyn. So well, I wouldn't get on that list because that's crazy, right, So that just shows you. I think there's an updated list out there that shows I have not First of all, I'm not determined, and I certainly haven't gone public other than saying I'm not determined. I'm listening to everybody and I'm looking for who's going to best support President Trump's agenda.
Speaker 1: Will you tell people how you vot? I don't like that it's a secret ballot. I'm sorry, I just don't. I don't trust government. It's not necessarily you, but yeah, don't let it be you. But like you, should it be secret over at the House. I get to see how that thing pans out. Or is that just because you know the Senate's always got to be different? But what is the Why is it secret? Shouldn't everybody know where you guys, where your head's at.
Speaker 11: I think kind of the goal is to come out unified, uh and say, even the leaders who get vote it out. And again you're going to have two people that don't win. I mean, unless somebody else jumps in the race. I don't see that happening. It might, but you've got to make sure there's no retribution to other members. They don't get stuffed in a broom closet and not able to help their home state. So I don't think they would, but I got to make sure there's no retribution for North Carolina, you know, or anybody has to protect their home state to make sure that they don't select somebody who doesn't ultimately win.
Speaker 1: What do you mean retribution if somebody up there is threatening North Coast This is the stuff that makes me so angry. If they're going to punish North Carolina because they don't get what you want. I want their name. I'm as powerful as you, but I have a bigger radio audience, and I'll be happy to we'll have fun with that. I got friends in other states too. I'm sorry, I'm just sick.
Speaker 7: Of this stuff.
Speaker 1: I just want I just want to finally run smoothly for five seconds because it's Kathy.
Speaker 11: Would it be a long distance call to call you in Wyoming or you know, Center South Dakota wherever you get moved to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what you cant good? You know what? Wyoming wouldn't be bad. I know some people, but your younger generation want to know.
Speaker 11: Man, does your younger generation even know what a long distance call is? You know?
Speaker 1: It was funny if you go to Dulles Airport, which I happen to be in, they have payphones still up there because government efficiency, and it says free long distance call for five minutes. And I just thought that was funny because one there was a phone.
Speaker 11: It looks like I think that's the portal to like the like the men in Black or something.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming the Cia snatch you up man for fogyu guys obviously not from here, so but no, will you commit to say who you voted for or does does that cause problems? And if it does, why.
Speaker 11: It could call the problem?
Speaker 6: I saw it calls a problem two years ago.
Speaker 11: And I saw people that were trying to serve their home state that got yanked off of good committees that were helping to their state because they went a certain way in some of those votes. And I don't think that's great for their home state, and I don't want that to happen in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about other folks, including some of your colleagues. How do you mitigate the risk of snaw atching House members and Senate members in the case of Marco Rubio. And I'm curious your thoughts on that, where you guys just got your majorities or you bolstered your majorities, and now you're snatching people like Ali Stephonic and Zelden out of New York seats and Ruby now Ruby out of Florida the governor appoints. But you know, how do you mitigate any potential damage while still getting the best people?
Speaker 11: Well, remember Lee Zelden in particular great pick by the way, super smart, great veteran, will do wonderful at EPA, and you'll put the right people around him that are material, you know, experts in the in the various areas of the EPA. But he's not currently in office, so you're not losing there. He was in the House. I served with him for four or six years, and but I think you governor.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I was meaning Waltz Walts and then I was pointing out but yeah, okay.
Speaker 11: So with the House, it's always selected by the people, So the governor will set the date of the election, uh a special election to replace them. Now, in New York, that's a problem because they could they could kind of mess around with a date and make it long, so you have a long period without filling you know, filling that slot for at least stephoning. So you've got to watch local in New York, uh with the election date replacement issues. But in Florida, you've got a friendly enough relationship between DeSantis and Trump where and he they're all Republicans and they're going to say, you know what, We're going to move.
Speaker 6: A date as quickly as possible.
Speaker 11: So that's fine. Now, that's the House shouldn't be a problem with the House member there. Now with the Senate, the governor gets to appoint the replacement. And that's why anybody that I mean this is likely anybody that Trump uh selects from the Senate, he'll make sure he's got a good relationship with that state's governor. And you've got to get in that relationship with DeSantis. So I think, like with Waltz, it will be a House issue, so it's an election date issue.
Speaker 6: But with Ruvio, it will be.
Speaker 11: An appointment from that governor directly to the Senate. And then who ever's I think Rubyo was up in twenty two, so this person will have to run in twenty six and then run until they're fully you know, kind of in sync with their their seats cycle.
Speaker 6: Sorry for the details.
Speaker 1: What do you think of the Rubio pick? How well do you how well do you know Mark and Marco? Excuse me? And you think that do you think that it undermines his ability to do things? Because when I think of Marco Rubio, the words little Marco come to mind, and I'm sure other countries are aware of this.
Speaker 11: Well, you don't want to be on the wrong side of President Trump. He's so he's such a great campaigner. And I was with him, you know, all over North Carolina. And then the last time I was there, the last big rally he did in North Carolina, was there in Raleigh at Dorton Arena, like at the State Fairgrounds, and he had Marco Rubio with him, like they're for at the very end, you know.
Speaker 6: That's when he did that big four rallies a day put.
Speaker 1: He did have Middordan, You're right, yeah, yeah, So he.
Speaker 11: Was there, and so that's a great sign that you know, they're having discussions should he win, which we knew, you know, at like at three am the next that night. You know, they were probably having discussions on the plane.
Speaker 5: Who knew.
Speaker 11: You never want to take these things for granted, but I think Marco would do a great job. He's Chair of Senate Intel right now.
Speaker 6: I think he'll do great.
Speaker 11: One of the things I noticed on a trip last year was how in the Biden administration and prior with the Obama administration, there was such us neglect to our south. We were looking east and West, China, Taiwan, Ukraine, all these things, but nobody was looking at the threats to the south, China playing in our back door through Cuba, other influences in Brazil. So we've got to pay attention to the south. I think Rubio will not only looked east west to.
Speaker 6: Those threats, He'll also have a great ability to look to our south.
Speaker 11: And you know, whether it's securing our border and dealing with Mexico, or whether it be dealing with Latin American countries right as our next door neighbors.
Speaker 1: Oh, because his name's Marco Rubio, is that what you mean.
Speaker 11: He's fluent in Spanish. You know, he's got the Cuban descentive. He's so valued freedom, and I've got great trust in him.
Speaker 6: I think I'll do a good job.
Speaker 1: All right, last question on that front. I like Tom Homan. I don't have to work with Tom Holman, but I got to know him during our radio rows, the guy that's say pitbull Man. What do you think of Tom Holman? You have in sixty days to start getting things in order. You think he'll do it.
Speaker 11: He's exactly what we need. And I just really like what Trump's doing.
Speaker 6: He's so decisive and he knows what he needs.
Speaker 11: I mean, he saw what he saw what worked in twenty sixteen. In the four years following, he saw it didn't work, and so I think his picks are as good, are so much better than last time, and I really like where he's headed.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just remind her of the TikTok astrologists say that Kamal is still going to win it because the planets are misaligned, so things may change here in a week. I love idiots.
Speaker 11: Man to pull that up on my government computer. Oh it's been blocked.
Speaker 1: Sorry, all right, thank you very much, senator. We appreciate it, and let's try and talk, you know, like once every couple weeks leading up to it, if we can, please, because there's.
Speaker 11: Any astrology thing on TikTok, sure.
Speaker 1: We can do that or whatever. And we're gonna have to get into some hurricane stuff here pretty quick too, because this femous stuff is crazy. We're just out of time. But thank you so much. Appreciate it, my man. All right, there you go, Senator Ted Budd, who I just called my man, so maybe I I'm sure he'll be okay with that. So anyway, we'll be back. Henga. We got to cancel some stuff. I don't want to do it. We're going to do it. Unfortunately, it's just the way that it is. Although to be fair, well, let me get my taker Bill here. To be fair, some of the stuff we're going to be canceling you might be okay with, but we still got to use the bell because rules is rules. Just like the Senate with their tradition of secret votes, we have our traditions around these parts. So AnyWho, all right, Number one? So yesterday I'm scrolling around, I'm looking and I kind of got sidetracked earlier. I know you're shocked, but I was looking to see how different news outlets covered things and if they covered some stuff, which is something I do and it's really nerdy, but it helps to inform me. And that's why I can come on the radio and be like, can you believe such and such outlet isn't even talking about this?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: You gotta look, You can't just assume. So I was looking to see if Ril was covering some stuff and on Twitter, and the other reason is is then if they have the story and they've tweeted it, I can then tweet comments over and include links or graphics above it. If you know how Twitter works, you know what I'm saying, if I got to put a link in there, it becomes more difficult to embed maybe video or stuff with it. So I wanted to see if ral I'm dreaming here had touched a couple stories so that I could use that, so I also don't have to embed my own link, which roster we still have the opinion that if you embed a link versus media, the algorithm is less favorable. Is that still the general consensus? Or do you pay attention to this stuff?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So links are bad. Media is good. So if I can find where you tweeted a link, I don't know exactly how it impacts a quote tweet, but if I just put media in there, like a photo or a video to rebut it, So that's what I prefer. Playing the game and I start scrolling back, I'm like, what what is going on here? Like where's all the pollop? And then I realized they haven't tweeted anything since last week a week ago. Nothing. And just to be clear, this isn't a throwaway account. Wral has four hundred and sixty thousand followers. They're halfway to a free blue check mark four hundred and sixty thousand, as best I can hell, it's probably. It's no. I shouldn't say it's probably because we know what we know on average, how people engage on both Twitter and other socials. It's it's hands down gotta be their biggest reach. It doesn't mean people necessarily engage, but eyeballs are seeing it. I follow Ario a lot of you do. I follow them for a work thing. I see them all the time, and so I start looking and it says, you know, it says like five days, six days since the last post, and none of it's about. None of it is the election results. They pulled the rip chord or something's going on. So I thought, well, maybe they had maybe their social media manager left or whoever handled I don't know how they assign it. And so right now they're just not doing social because they're prioritizing other stuff. Because I'm fair and I want to know what's going on, So I start going to their other socials. They're posting away, man, good stuff you know, are important? Stuff not important? So you know the stuff you put on social just like I do. They're throwing up what I'm a little smart here, there's more straight news, but they're putting it out there all the weather stuff which gets good clickthroughs, by the way, on social, and I understand why they do it. You can't, you cannot, you cannot. Yes, I was at the Dublin or you know, it's very sad, sir, that many of you know the exact Irish restaurant I was at. Bar I was telling you I was at, and I didn't even say the name talk to somebody anyway. So so anyway, I'm I'm sitting there and I'm like, okay, well they're still posting on the other social, they're not posting on ral. Did they take their ball and go home? So then I thought I'm gonna go because I follow a bunch of Ril's reporters, and it's harder for me when they when they lock their account or freeze their account, because if you know, when you see where it says, only people who are mentioned in this post or who are confirmed followers can comment. I've been followers back and forth, and I've interacted with enough RAO people. Generally I don't see that if they if they freeze hers, So thank you to some of you who are then posting where like Laura Leslie had her she had kind of froze her Twitter. Now the other reporters were still a lot of them are still tweeting. But I also noticed something else in the header, where you know you write things, Sometimes Ross writes things without telling me. I'm just looking to make sure Nope looks good. Just as host Morning six nine. If you look at the header of their Twitter, it's driving people to blue Sky and blue Sky abbreviated BS, which I think is great is the current awe. It's the parlor of the left and the current off ramp so that they have a crisp, clear echo chamber to go scream in. So and then people are on Twitter using the largesse of Twitter to promote people to go there. And and with all of those pieces, I am left with zero other conclusions. Then Ral had a tantrum and left Twitter. And if I'm wrong, I will let you know. But with the evidence that I've just laid out, stopping tweeting on a five hundred thousand person account four hundred and sixty thousand, changing headers to drive people, hey, come join me on blue Sky, and still tweeting on the other social media, what am I to think? And then you really is somebody who's in this business that is insane, and it's insane because you're throwing four hundred and sixty thousand followers down the drain. And with modern media, maybe not TV as much as newspaper having to adjust and adapt and find new ways to bring in money, and digital is a huge thing. I can't tell you the number of time ross have we ever sat in a meeting where somebody doesn't bring up digital revenue. It doesn't exist now in the past ten years. No, it's it is a it is a wildly important component and it's a component that is live or die for people that work in this industry because are we have salespeople who digital is all they do. So in digital can be websites, but it also is podcasting for us and all that, and Ral's got their own way that they do it. So for the TV station of record, or at the very least the high the one that generally although ABC eleven does kind of kick him in some day parts, but one of the top tier stations, just go I don't want to talk to those people anymore because for the most part, you would post stuff and a lot of people wouldn't engage with it. But if you posted one of your insane op eds or I don't know a cartoon of a lieutenant governor dressed in a clan row. People had some thoughts and you you are a legendary regardless of what you think of w L wr L is a legendary media fixture. It was the Jesse Helms station. It was it was a lot of things. There's a lot of officials and Dan Leba not leb Attardi. It's got it's a really long like people that many of you who are from North Carolina grew up with. And maybe you've watched that transition, maybe you have some fought, maybe you love RIL right now. But to walk away from a half million people. If I'm an advertiser and it depends what your component is and you are willingly sacrificing impressions as we call them to make a political point, I don't know what to think of that.
Speaker 4: Let's be honest. If you're a quote journalist and you're throwing a tantrum and crying over election results, you're not a journalist.
Speaker 1: Well, and I want to say I want to say this, I don't know how the staff of RIL feels about the idea that they're not posting if in fact, that is a conscious decision, you know what I'm saying. So I'm going to be fairer than they would ever be. I don't know how Laura Leslie, who's one of the accounts that I saw with the blue Sky thing, or any of the maybe they think it's dumb too, and and so yes, But at the end of the day, if you're the head of it journalism, you're still a journalist. You're just on the on the the executive side of it. I don't know what to think. So my my thing to you is because I want to be accurate. If that's accurate, that's insane, that's crazy, And I'll just little me. Just get that for you're gonna need that in a bit. But if you see r L on Twitter, for all the Twitter folks, if you see them posting fresh stuff, hit me, just email me your message, mere tag me. Okay, And I'm very very curious. So that's number one. Number two Disney's Hall of Presidents. Now technically it will be early next year when it actually closes. Disney has announced they're closing the Hall of Presidents. Some Okay, what I.
Speaker 4: Thought you were gonna say that? Like the their latest Trump one was like a black.
Speaker 1: Ee, don't you dare, don't you dare, don't you do? Don't you dare? Don't you dare? You're not stealing this one. Frobby didn't talk about this. No. Now, it's one thing when they deliver the Hillary animatronic and you throw a Trump wig on it, and I just tweeted out, by the way, a video of right up on that thing. You can't tell me that's not Hillary. You can't tell me. Disney didn't have their imagineers or whatever they call them, put the you know, the the Hillary cyborg together and went, oh crap, put a yellow wig on it. That's a lot harder when it's a Harris animatronic. Is that what you're thinking? Yes, yes, so I was hoping the story was gonna be Ah, it's not. That's not what they said. So no, it's about as a little. Things are a little contentious right now. But also you don't have to make another one. Is there two Grover Cleveland's in there? Do we know? Is there two Grover Cleveland's? There's probably just one? Right, I got I've never asked myself this. I've never been to the Hall of President's. I don't know the answer to that. I've just seen where they're all standing up there like you don't have to do anything. So also, are you taking your ball and going home to you absolute lunatics? Also, can I have the Harrison animatronic use it to like for Halloween decorations or maybe put a Santa outfit around Christmas and anime like? I hate for that to be a waste, but please God let that be the reason. Because they announced it right after the election. So there you go. All right, Oh wait, hold on one more little cancel bell while we get rastagic from the weather channel here, Who better give us a good forecast or we'll cancel him?
Speaker 5: That's up.
Speaker 7: I gotta go.
Speaker 1: I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 12: Sorry, Yeah, I got some good weather next few days. Most of the areas of fog around gone, a few clouds of the wise blue sky. Mid sixties today, upper fifties tomorrow, so cooler day tomorrow. We're going to wake up in the thirties, So certainly that may require a maybe different layer, maybe different jackets. Some rain Thursday after it into Thursday night. Sun will be back Friday sun for the weekend with milder tempters. Thursday is going to be a cool day only in the fifties, but back into the sixties, maybe seventy by early next week in the triangle. And Casey, do you have an area of disturbed weather in the Caribbean could move north next week? Some could be talking about in the tropics.
Speaker 1: Can you have the Haitian shoot at it so it doesn't well?
Speaker 7: All right, you know that would be the hope, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know Floridians are not supposed to shoot at hurricanes, but you know, maybe the laws are different there. All right, thanks, man, appreciate it. That's right. I'm going to create jobs in Haiti and we're just gonna have them shoot at hurricanes. Hey man, why not build stone walls in Ireland? Shoot a hurricane, James in Haiti. We do what we do. We'll be back with Jeff Bellinger. Hang out out with Jeff Bellinger. Jeff, what's happening? Well morning, Casey.
Speaker 13: Stocks advanced yesterday, with the Dow, Nasdaq, and S and P five hundred all settling at record HIGHS futures are mostly higher now. The S and P future still down two points, but the NASDAK futures are up five points, and the Dow futures are up sixty eight Tesla shares rows another nine percent yesterday. Fans of the electric car maker are reinvigorated by Donald Trump's victory in the presidential election. Southwest Airlines is looking to cut costs. The carrier announced plans to offer voluntary severance packages or extended leaves to employees at its headquarters and to groundworkers at airports in eighteen cities. Southwest says it has to trim its flight schedules because of aircraft delivery delays, and the cutbacks will avoid overstaffing in some locations. Raleigh based Red Hat is making an acquisition. The technology company is buying Neural Magic. This is a privately held technology solutions provider based in Somerville, Massachusetts. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. More than half of all Americans telling trip Advisor they planned to travel this winter. A lot of families are planning trips around the holidays, when schools and many workplaces will be closed for a week or more. Can Kun is the top international destination for US travelers. New York City the number one domestic destination. Small business owners grew more optimistic ahead of the election. The National Federation of independent business sentiment reading rose last month to the highest since early twenty twenty two. Home depots comparable store sales declined in the latest quarter, but not by as much as feared That passes for good news on Wall Street and Casey. This is getting a lot of reaction, a lot of head scratching on social media. The Food and Drug Administration is forcing Costco to recall nearly eighty thousand pounds of perfectly good butter.
Speaker 1: Tell them, why tell them? Why tell them?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 1: That's right?
Speaker 13: The label doesn't mention that the product contains milk.
Speaker 1: We're so stupid. We're all just collectively, we're just you know what. I saw some people trying to pivot and they're like, oh, well, they'll just they'll repackage it. I'm like, they're recalling it for people's how people have eaten that and probably realized there's milk in there? So did you did you have before you read that story? I'm sorry to cut did you know that there was milk in there?
Speaker 13: Okay, I know, but no, I mean I wouldn't have thought in butter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, craziness, all right, I'm sorry to cut you off. That that story just got me this morning all right, I haven't No, it did me too. I had to get it in. All right, have a good day. Yeah, yeah, eighty pounds of butter. Because it doesn't say contains milk on the package, it has a picture of milk. There's a jug of milk if you look at the packaging for the there's a little jug of milk in the little logo thing there.
Speaker 6: So