Speaker 1: Good time for law and disorder.
Speaker 2: I demand a lawyer with attorney Jeff Kaufman on one oh one one w JR R.
Speaker 3: We are Orlando's rock station. Jeff from Kaufman and Lynn Partner. There fine personal injury firm here in Central Florida. If you or someone you know has been injured, slip and fall, car accident, you know, whatever it might be, and you think, hey, maybe I need a lawyer to get involved, but you're not quite sure.
Speaker 1: Called Jeff. He's a good sounding board.
Speaker 2: Jeff at when you need us dot com. That's his email, Jeff at whenuneed us dot com if you want to call him directly four zero seven five hundred Jeff or pound five four six on your cell. It was good to see you this weekend.
Speaker 4: It's good to see you guys out in your element. You had a coup that you had a little rockstar there you were. You guys are doing it enough that the pitmasters and pores over. We can thank you to everybody who came out. Jeff participated ahead of booth out. There also was a referee in the wrestling extravaganza that went down. You took a bump, I saw a Jeffery. Yeah, Jefferee took a little hit.
Speaker 3: Now, if you get injured doing that, ud, do you sign waivers or something before you go out?
Speaker 4: And Jeffrey, yeah, I was, I was. I was covered under this. I okay, But then again, you know, I was just curious.
Speaker 1: I went down pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Has somebody hit in the head with a sock that had it was a loaded rocks supposed to be a uh remember, I don't know what it was, but it was.
Speaker 1: It left me with a little headache.
Speaker 2: I remember that back in sing sing we do with coke cans in there.
Speaker 1: You remember what he did, the stretching sing sing. Yeah, yeah, my I did my nickel there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, real quick question for you. I'm just curious how something like this plays out. I saw it in the news and this is right up your alley. Woman is suing American Airlines over severe burns to her genital area.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Flight's going on. This is back in February. The lawsuits just now being filed. The pilot captain consans, I need everybody to please return to your seats and buckle up. We're about to hit some rough air turbulence ahead. And as everybody's returning to their seats. The flight crew is trying to secure everything. They hit the turbulence, and the turbulence sent the hot coffee pot flying off the cart and into her lap.
Speaker 1: Is Yes, sory, that's not good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to be on that jury when it comes to photo.
Speaker 3: Is that what's the I mean, they know that they're about to hit their they're taking steps to try to.
Speaker 4: Well, that's that's ridiculous. I mean, yeah, these things move around pretty well all day long. You know, you got to secure dangerous stuff. For those who don't know, it's real simple, and I'll send you to law school real quick. Three elements. First off, damages with somebody damaged, Yes, she got she got burned off it too. Uh should somebody have done something or did they do something?
Speaker 1: In this case?
Speaker 4: They said, definitely, you should secure really hot coffee so it can't fly off something like this. And three us at the cause of her injuries. Yes, of course it's the cause of her injuries.
Speaker 3: So even though they're attempting to get everything, because the pilot has just come on and said all this and boom, they hit it.
Speaker 1: They didn't secure it.
Speaker 4: Remember this, Should you have known? Hey, listen, you know in the air. We have turbulence. So let's see what we don't want. We don't want coffee pots go flying around and dumping scolding water on people.
Speaker 1: Now I'm not advocating for it or aney. Well, no, see, it's not what you do, it's also what you don't do. You know.
Speaker 4: That's that's the definition of negligence, being wrong, having a duty and.
Speaker 1: Not du t wide taco.
Speaker 2: Kind of like when your mom would say if you were going to cuss, and.
Speaker 1: You'd go sullar and she'd go, it's the thought that counts.
Speaker 2: You're still in trouble, Like, just like that, you should have secured that pot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go with that one. You didn't.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't even You know, at law school there's always some dude who puts his hand up and ask this weird ask question, and everyone just kind of goes, okay, where are we going with this?
Speaker 1: Okay, but we all agree, yes, yes, exactly, wash your mouth out. Yes, what's next.
Speaker 2: I'd take a coffee pot at the generals.
Speaker 1: No, you wouldn't. I will. I don't think you say that until you're going wait a second, you know i'd burn your coffee beans.
Speaker 2: A person on an electric bike. Remember please try to keep these short. I summarized this when a person on an e bike was traveling against the flow of traffic on a one way road and ran into my vehicle last year. He hired lawyers. They tried to sue me. I defended myself and was able to get the lawsuit dismissed on the merits. Am I able to effectively sue him for damages he did to my vehicle and for all the time that he wastes, all of my time that he wasted with a frivolous lawsuit.
Speaker 4: In situations like this, sometimes the course will put fees and costs towards the defendant if you can show that it was clearly their faul things like that. But the problem is with these scooters. There's no insurance on these things, so if you get hit with one of these things, especially downtown, they're all over the place and people are getting hurt all the time, and they're the city.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: There's this weird contract the city has with these scooter companies, so they don't require them to have licenses, they don't require them to have insurance, they don't require anything, so people are really getting hurt really bad to their fast.
Speaker 1: They're fast under what guys are they able to? Oh, we don't need any inance. They're electric.
Speaker 4: I guess there's electric and there's no motor and the horse power and all this other nonsense. But they should not be allowed downtown. I can tell you. Every day I live down there, every day I see somebody burn in. They hurt themselves people, you know, And it's not like you have to have a license to drive one. Any any moron goes, oh here my credit card and they hop on these things. It's like a motorcycle in a weird way.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: You these take basic skills to do it, and yes, you could be very coordinated. But there are some people who should never get on these things.
Speaker 2: You are you thinking of a scooter or an e bike because he's talking about an eBoy the same thing.
Speaker 4: Those things go like thirty thirty thirty plus more. They rent the e bikes and the scooters. It's the same thing downtown. Yeah, but those are the rentals. Those are that's not I'm sure he's dealing with somebody who's doing but yeah, it's it's not right.
Speaker 3: Five hundred pound bag of feathers can still crush youh wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I'm sorry that happened to you. You know what he's going to say, Well, then you shouldn't have representative.
Speaker 2: Well could you sue? Could he see the guy for the damages to his vehicle?
Speaker 1: But the fact is this he has.
Speaker 4: What happened was is I guarantee his car company, car insurance company. It was like a five hundred dollars yeah, deductible, reductible, so you could only sue for what you actually went in. As far as you're getting sued for it, you know that was for your lawyer and most likely you were defended by your insurance company.
Speaker 2: And pat you mentioned, uh, the insurance. It's just like golf carts. You don't have to have insurance on a golf cart, which I don't really get that either. To Jeff quick question, my mother gave me her old vehicle because she got a new one. Left men left the registration and her name. If anything was to occur, does she own any liability? Yes, it's her car until you transfer it over, it's still hers.
Speaker 1: Change it over, dude, yep or man?
Speaker 2: Uh. Since the government requires us to have a Social Security number, how come they don't protect us from identity theft.
Speaker 4: Because they don't care. You want to announce, oh, come on, stop it how many times? And we know what country is involved with most of the identity theft it happens. It's the it's these ending companies they go over. You know, we should make a huge hill of it. You're absolutely right, I said a very Let's just say I was a little cavalier with that concept. I think the government is failing us on a discussing level. They never go after these people. Every day, somebody's trying to screw us over for felonies everything else. And we care more about somebody stealing a podium from Pelosi than we do about people stealing millions of dollars from elderly people every day. So how about we go out and we fight the real crimes. So this has nothing to do with politics. It just has to do with giving a damn about the things that are really important.
Speaker 1: Damn man like weedies this morning.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just you know, he is right, and I'm sick about people like that who get screwed over every day and everything is a problem, and we just put up with it. And for some reason, our government doesn't care because then they'd have to go after you know, they'd have to say, hey, listen, we have to sanction your country for it. They have buildings, I mean just massive buildings sitting there where they're scam calling elderly people in the.
Speaker 1: US from India.
Speaker 4: And you see this, and it's all over the internet. You watch these whole buildings. They're backtracing them there. They have the videos. They're watching these people in these buildings doing it to us, and none.
Speaker 2: Of these people get prosecuted. He's so fired up, I think needs a BWO sticker.
Speaker 1: Come on board. I'm putting it right on the top right here. It's gonna be like a name plate right on the back of your truck. Okay, are your jeep?
Speaker 2: I work for a large company in Florida that has dash cams installed in all of the vehicles. Found out that these cameras also can see in the cab and are monitored.
Speaker 4: Is that legal? Absolutely? Absolutely illegal? Yr You know here, businesses can hide cameras all they want. The second, now, what you didn't say is that they're tracking your voice too. As far as video goes, that's fine, as long as they don't hide them in the bathrooms and they're catching weird stuff. But normally video is not protected. Sounds sometimes is, so you know, it depends on what's.
Speaker 1: Going on where it is, whether you're aware of it or not.
Speaker 3: They're looking out for the their company, and there were cameras behind the bar, and they're not protecting the bartenders there to catch them from stealing.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, they didn't have the camera. Great attended.
Speaker 2: Oh, my wife had digestive not mine, this person. My wife had digestive issues for years after getting multiple colonoscopies, The last one she got revealed that she has stage three colon cancer. I'm terrible story about that and in seriously sorry, and it obstructed nearly fifty percent of her colon. Is it possible to file a lawsuit file a suit against the doctor who missed the mass just six months ago? Uh?
Speaker 3: Pat, that's gonna be awfully hard to prove that it was there six months ago, unless you get somebody who is a fellow doctor to say that that may be the case on the stand in a court of law.
Speaker 4: And that this doctor it was unreasonable for him to miss this is unreasonable for him to treat it that way and because of his unreasonableness. This is how you were damaged. Yeah, that's that's the definition. Unfortunately, it's so hard because you know, finding in medical malpractice cases aren't easy. You know, out of every hundred hundred cases, you might be able to take one of them based on the scenarios. That's how protective. You know, the system is in Florida and we.
Speaker 1: All hope this show and actually in most states, holds through on that. I'm terribly sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sucks if we didn't get to your question. I'm printing them out to do next week. Jeff It when you need us dot com is his direct email, jeffet when you need us dot com or four zero seven five hundred.
Speaker 3: Jeff Yeah, you can get ahold of him right now and you know, get a hold you know, if you need something answered right away this week, you'll get back to you anything else you need to hit here.
Speaker 1: Jeck got a little hot over it. Sorry about that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah we are. Next week we're taking a bunch of people to Joker and we have about fifty tickets left. We're taking about eight hundred people. It's unbelievable how people want to go to this. Do me favorite go to just email me at JEFFE when you need this dot com and you know, click on radio so I know that those fift are for.
Speaker 2: You, Jeff, for you, You know what I mean, Jeff at when you need us dot com.
Speaker 3: Jeff Kaufman from Kaffman and Len. We will catch up with you again next money. Appreciate your time, Ye take care of one.
Speaker 2: Glenchen talking on demand. Download the iHeartRadio app and listen anytime anywhere.
Speaker 1: This is j R r