Speaker 1: God, it's getting amped up. Wow, you're taking this serious, putting my energy levels up.
Speaker 2: Hey listen Commander Who podcast, episode forty three on Brandle.
Speaker 3: I'm here with Brian Gay. We're gonna return to form with an energy.
Speaker 2: Deck now in our theme. So hey, Ryan, We're back for yet another whirlwind adventure.
Speaker 1: How you doing good? What is going down?
Speaker 3: Whole bunch is going down.
Speaker 2: I have an infinite itch right here on the corner of my nose and it's horrific. Oh, you're watching on YouTube, which it should be. You'd see where I'm pointing. Well, we also have some stories to tell, some people to thank. A very interesting listener, Pardon me.
Speaker 1: I told you to get my tried my hard today.
Speaker 3: Listeners submitted deck to talk about.
Speaker 2: Before we get to any of that stuff, you have to thank our official business daddies. Fusion Gaming Online dot com are your source for all your gaming needs, where you can use special promo code c CEO holiday to get all your energy stuff final fantasy stuff. I think there's a tark here set coming up right away. You might be able to get that stuff. I don't know when it's coming out, and neither to you, which is great and We also have to thank Pilot Bones Brewing Cold.
Speaker 3: They are the second.
Speaker 2: Coolest thing to come out of Regina, as well as being the official beer sponsor for c CEO Sidewalk Slam Season three. Next episode recording chronologically tomorrow for YouTube.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, so pumped so much to unpack big thanks to producer Gary and LB in the booth today for the dufferin Avenue Media Network Media Network Media Network. Yes, so Sidewalk Slam coming up season three well underway. I would say, we are making a shot list and we've got some good friends coming, some Patreon supporters. I want to get right into that because we are graciously extending an invite to all of our Patreon supporters from Magic Con Las Vegas. Baby planning officially underway. There's nothing else in my way, full steam ahead, nothing else in the way between our trajectory and our velocity, which I know velocity has done. It's the whole thing. What and Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: That's right, Velocity only increasing until Vegas because that's how velocity works.
Speaker 1: There we go. Yeah, we have started planning in the discord. It's one of the benefits to becoming a Patreon supporter over at Patreon dot com, slash ccio podcast, and we are planning food, extracurricular activities. We are putting in for a panel, like a community panel that we would love everybody to come, and we're looking for ideas for that, whether it be game etiquette or brackets, like we've talked about so much over the last month or so sure that I don't even know if I remember how to do a deck tech. So all of that is coming up. And because we've been talking about Patreon and Vegas and all of the exciting stuff that and the community that our patrons are a part of, we actually have to count two new patrons to thank you. I'm sorry to say thank you too and give one of their other official benefits their CEO nickname.
Speaker 2: Oh it's been a whi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've gotten finger blasted in the discord. That's when you get the middle finger by like one hundred people all at once. Yep, don't google that.
Speaker 2: Why you probably google what's the worst to come out?
Speaker 1: We've live googled stuff on the show before.
Speaker 2: I am not going to do that much. No, no chance, no no.
Speaker 1: But first, thank you, shout out if you. Nickname goes to Shane Fisher Shane.
Speaker 2: Shane were like, shame, shame.
Speaker 1: Shame, name the floppy fish. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it a euphemism?
Speaker 3: Who can say?
Speaker 1: It's always a euphemism.
Speaker 2: It's a euphemism. It's a Shane the flopp shame the floppy fish.
Speaker 1: Yes, shame the floppy mister floppy also a euphemism.
Speaker 2: He does the flop of shame. That's what that's what she says.
Speaker 3: There it is there, it is.
Speaker 1: There's the nickname, the flop of shame. Oh man, that's it's been a good long while since.
Speaker 2: We've liked do that. I like that she butchered somebody's name. Let's do it again.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, big f you, thank you, middle finger blast to Charles Crawford. There's gotta be something hiding in Crawford. That's funny.
Speaker 2: I mean, Chuck is short for Charles. Call chuck. What about like not the chuck rhymes with anything, but like what about.
Speaker 1: Like raw raw? I was going raw.
Speaker 2: Chuck Ford's raw. That's like a thing where he just goes in dry.
Speaker 1: Raw dog chuck Ford. That sounds like a wrestling name. What's his finishing move the raw.
Speaker 2: Dog chow dog chuck Ford. I don't even know the It could be a truck reference. It could raw dog roadkill, It could be a meat grinder reference.
Speaker 1: So many.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's it's a meat grinder.
Speaker 1: The meat grinder, Raw Chuck Crawford the meat grinder also could be a euphemism, yes, or a wrestling move, which I mean they do kind of.
Speaker 2: They're usually the same. The impaler, the unwrittier, Oh, the meat and paler, the tombstone, the six one nine, all of those things could be could be sexy time six one nine, real awkward because you're trying to get at the good bits and like you're banging on the back of somebody's head while they're butts in your face.
Speaker 3: It's weird. But you know, we're not here to talk about that. We're a magic the gathering.
Speaker 1: We're we're here to talk about Chuck Rawford, raw Dog, drive by meat and paling pounding a. Yeah, that's his nickname. It's gonna be like one hundred letters long as this.
Speaker 2: Flop shame and raw Chuck Ford the meat Grinder.
Speaker 3: Welcome aboard, and we're sorry.
Speaker 1: Yes very much, very much so. And if you're coming to Vegas, make sure to get into the Vegas uh thread on discord and start the planning, start dropping in ideas for the panel. Now, we do have to apply for a panel, so there's no guarantee that we're going to get it. That's why I'm a little bit crowds CCO nation sourcing crowdsourcing to make sure we come up with a good idea that we can demonstrate, like kind of has the oomph that they expect to hold, like an audience's attention for like an hour.
Speaker 2: We could just roast the other creator for an hour.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that would be so good. Oh I want to do that so bad.
Speaker 2: We could do that.
Speaker 1: I don't think that they would approve of that. But if we got all the other creators on board, we know all those guys and say, hey, like everybody up on stage, everybody's doing a roast of everybody.
Speaker 2: It's like, listen, we're gonna sit up there and roast each other, or we're gonna sit in the front row of all of your panels and roast you. Anyway.
Speaker 1: Yes, can you imagine a Joey Schultz and Dana Roach roast the Roach roast? Oh? Oh my god. Can you imagine if Max Crandell still did content? Oh? Man, that'd be He'd be the end of them.
Speaker 3: They'd cancel Magic Con after that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, after I got finished roasting Max Randell would be the end of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I wonder if Charles Crawford raw dog roasts guys.
Speaker 3: Does he raw dog roast people?
Speaker 2: I bet he does. He's a member of the nation, and that's how we do it.
Speaker 1: Charles the raw dog Roaster. There's the nickname. I knew it was hiding in there somewhere. Okay, So panel ideas.
Speaker 2: They get him to us in the in the discord or if you want to send him to Commander Cookoa at gmail dot com or Ceco Brando Ceco podcast on Twitter, like anywhere you can get at us, get at us with your ideas. We'd love to hear him. Will incorporate them and see if we can get Watsea to give us the time of day slash free stuff, slash an opportunity for us to show off how cool we are, and by we I mean all of us, not just me and Ryan in front of the crowd of Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very very good. So now we have a deck I want to get into it. It's from very long time listener, time cop cable back.
Speaker 3: I forgot. I was trying to come. I knew his name, I knew his cable back, but I couldn't think of his because.
Speaker 1: Because way back in the day, which was probably a Tuesday, was we said cable like that sounds like a real badass, like comic book name or like it is a comic nineties movie character.
Speaker 2: Name wasn't in the nineties, but he was in one of the movies.
Speaker 1: Yes, and Time Cop is a movie that was like a real action movie from the nineties. So Time Cop, cable back, Welcome. We're doing a deck And he actually says in his email that he sent to us, he says, it's been almost a decade that I've wanted to do this, So we're actually going back in time thanks to Time Cop. And we've got an Energy deck today, helmed by none other than Energy Commander Staples. What Frickin' elmar Uvenwald Informant and wrenog riders chaplain, what the fuck? I don't even know what cardinals are?
Speaker 2: What wait?
Speaker 3: No, wait, no, I know who those are.
Speaker 1: Those are the Stranger Things, the.
Speaker 2: Best friend assholes. Yes, it's the girl. It's the little girl with the red hair and I want to say the cop sure from Stranger Things.
Speaker 1: Editor Joe will have him up on the screen if he feels like it. If he doesn't, we'll show the regular ones. So big, thanks the energy, Joe. We don't want to make any more work for him than we have to. Okay, So elmar is green red one three two human. In haste, whenever you cast your second spell, each turn untapped target creature then investigate, which is to create a clue token that has two sacrifice draw card and it has friends forever where it can partner.
Speaker 2: With another thing with friends forever.
Speaker 1: Yes, Warnog and Warnog is a black white, so we're everything except blue right one too human. When it enters or leaves the battlefield, each opponent may investigate. For each opponent who doesn't, they lose one life, and we investigate x times, where x is one plus the number of opponents who did investigate. So essentially, what you've got is like artifact tokens that help you draw cards in the command zone. Let's call it what it is, though, we're here for the colors.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, we're going to talk about that after we talk about the other cards in the deck, Because like why there's better things we could do with that all important spot on the deck. Also, there's one hundred and two cards in this deck. Cable, get the cutting, get to counting.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, hey, I did that the other day. So I got I got a set of sleeves, one hundred and five sleeves, and brand New picked them up and they did the thing yep, where they went fricking everywhere, and Rebecca had to like crawl behind the fricking filing cabinet and I had to move shelves and shit to find then counting like it's a fast pissed off one hundred and five cards.
Speaker 2: Hey man, I picked up five cards to my deck.
Speaker 1: Then I realized, oh yeah, I used every single sleeve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't do that no more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, AI armor sleeves. Those are who are getting to make our sleeves for our kickstarter coming up.
Speaker 3: We're quite good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, quite good. They give you one hundred and five in a pack. We haven't forgot about that. It's just takes long time to get art done, so.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned, especially when you're painting it yourself and you're already busy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See that was me putting you over, dude. Yeah, Ryan's painting one.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 3: We talked about it.
Speaker 2: I had some input. It's gonna be fucking cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very cool, very John Wayne, If you will, and you will.
Speaker 2: I was trying to make a reference to what we talked about, but without giving it away. But I can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh all good. Let's start at the Man of Dorks, rocks, dorks, whatever.
Speaker 2: Okay, ten of them.
Speaker 3: Let me read them real fast.
Speaker 2: But you have to turn the computer towards me because it's too far away from you to see.
Speaker 1: Well, I zoomed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's still far Okay. We have Nature's Lore, sol ring far sink into the into the North, Etheric amplifier, Secure Tribelder, arcane segment conversion apparatus, what elves, and solar transformer. Now some of those you know, some of those I virtually guarantee you you don't because they are energy cards, and why would you. So we're gonna talk about some of those quickly. Starting with solar transformer. It is a two drop mann of rock that comes into play tapped. When it comes into play, you get energy energy energy. You can tap it for a colorless or you can tap it and pay one energy to get a man out of any color.
Speaker 1: I actually like that card in it's fine by itself. Yeah, fine, but anything that has also incidental like energy stapled onto a card that I'm just playing this card becomes a lot better.
Speaker 2: It comes into play tapped it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're not using that one turn two anyways. Yeah, put you on the four or five man on turn three or four.
Speaker 2: Just play a diamond. Yes, don't play a diamond. I was being facetious. That's bad advice. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: I play those.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't I play them.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then we've got a conversion apparatus. Three drop taps for colorless. But you can go three tap, get three energy or pay three energy tap add three mana of any combination of colors. That's actually really good.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. I like that.
Speaker 2: So it makes three energy or use the three energy to make mana. And it also makes mana by itself. That's a cool one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Archaic amplifier is a new one actually from Ether Drift Commander Decks. This is a three dropper. It taps to add one of any color, as three drop man of rocks tend to do. You can go four tap, choose one activate only as a sorcery, double the number of each kind of counter on target permanent, or double the number of each kind of counter you have. This card is insanely powerful in this deck.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's also very good if you have an experience counter commander, as I do in All Three Sons Fury or Sons Glory. Yep, I'm gonna tell you right now. This card will slap the taste out of your neighbor's mouth.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 2: I don't mean the persons sitting next to you. I mean your physical neighbor in the house next to you you don't even talk to, but you're annoyed by their dog because it's barking all the time.
Speaker 1: Tape out of their mouth and out of their dog's mouth. Yeah, man, my neighbor lives like four acres away.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he'd lose his sense of smell.
Speaker 2: You hit him so.
Speaker 1: Hard, man, alive. This card terrible. If you have poison counters on yourself.
Speaker 2: Yes, very bad. Don't yeah, don't would not any other kind of counter though, very good?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is there a game where if you have nine poison counters you win? The game is you're a card that does that.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't have said that out loud, because now there's gonna be yeah yeah, builds in the mail.
Speaker 1: That's why WATSI doesn't listen to other people's content.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's draw some cards.
Speaker 1: Let's do some removal now. I think it's kind of important to say that all of these are in here because they have energy, So what stapled to them? So we're not running like the swords is and the paths and the lightning bolts and stuff. Yes, we do have a card called harnessed Lightning and a card called Reiterating Bolt, so we could kind of.
Speaker 2: Make there's a Wrath of the Skies really hard, right, if you try really hard, you can see there being some cards in here.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I love how it's like watsy just typed in removal spells into chat GPT. They call all these things that are like, oh yeah, Wrath of the Skies. Okay, pay x energy and then you may pay fucking some more energy or something. Destroy each creature, enchantment, and artifact equal to man of value or energy you pay.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you pay x to get x energy, then you can pay any amount of energy to destroy each artifact, creature and enchantment with that. I see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's bullshit. That's a stupid's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 2: An energy static prison.
Speaker 1: Probably exiles something until this leaves the battlefield and you get energy.
Speaker 2: It's an oldring that comes in and gives you two energy. We should keyword that, so I'm not to say it's like a hundred cards that do that. Every fucking card of this deck comes in, it gives you two energy. Yep, God damn it.
Speaker 1: Okay, at the beginning of your pre combat main phase, you got to sacrifice unless pay energy.
Speaker 2: It's a bad card. Yeah, but I know it's thematic, but it's a bad card. Okay.
Speaker 1: Is this a bracket level zero deck?
Speaker 2: Probably you're dumping on this guy's deck. I know, I know. And it's not because it's his deck. It's because it's an energy deck and they're still not very good. And we're gonna get to that when we're done talking about all the cards, including Behemoth of Vault zero.
Speaker 1: This followut card Enters gives you four and when it dies, you can pay any amount of energy equal to target non land Permanent's man of value. Then you destroy that permanent. Sure, that's probably.
Speaker 3: It's a six six for six and when it eats shit, you can kill.
Speaker 1: A thing with trample that gives you energy. Sure territorial hell kite six five flying haste for six. When it enters, you get two, and then you can pay one or more energy. When you do this creature deals that much damage to each other creature.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good.
Speaker 1: This card's actually good.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's like a one sided wrath. You get to keep your guy pound somebody for six.
Speaker 2: It's a pyroclasm right away on its own, or it could be up to and including a chain reaction if you really want it to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's a six five with haste. Yeah at you and if anything survives, it flies.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Pretty good. Okay. Localized destruction you get energy and if hmm, then you may pay energy or more if you do. Each creature you control with power equal to the amount of energy gains indestructible and then destroy a creatures. Sure one sided wrath if you do it right. Reiterating bolt, pay three energy. It deals three energy or three damage to a thing.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: That's not very good at all.
Speaker 1: Oh, but it replicates. That's what when you when you get three energy.
Speaker 2: Oh, the replicator is three energy. Yeah yeah, yeah, h.
Speaker 1: We're not doing a very good job of describing these reful spells.
Speaker 2: That's because they suck.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, okay. Harnest lightning two for an instant choose target creature, you get three energy, then you may pay an amount of energy. Harness Lightning deals that much to that creature.
Speaker 2: Way, it's cineraate.
Speaker 1: This gets you energy. You could pay zero energy and not kill something.
Speaker 3: Why would you do that?
Speaker 1: Because if you've got like a boring clecks out, you actually get six energy, then you can use six energy to like take an extra turn with Gante's ether heart and he's eight. Well we already have too. Let's just pretend. Okay, okay, galvanic discharge man, I would see a doctor if I had that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, especially since like it kind of looks like that's what he was doing. You can look if you're watching on YouTube, you can see the art of the thing. It's like a shaft that he's holding in his fist and it's being struck by lighting and grumbling.
Speaker 1: It was a shaft.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's not anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: Just going for it and the static electricity build up caused it?
Speaker 3: Galvanic discharge? And what did it do? Ryan?
Speaker 1: It it discharged? No?
Speaker 2: Just read the card, read the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I was trying to just summarize it. Choose start Creature or planes walker. You get three energy. Then you may pay an amount of energy to deal that much damage. Boom. Sure that's like lightning bolt, but doesn't hit a player. Sure, man, that's almost lightning bol You almost like that card? No, I don't you almost do? Though? No? Can you imagine if it said player on there, you'd play that card. I wouldn't you fucking shut your stupid mouth. You would play this card? No, if in a world, in a world, in a word where Uncle Brando can play forty lightning bolts. This was almost one of them, very close.
Speaker 2: But not quite there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Galvani, just discharge a guy. You're gonna die young? Yeah. Choose target creature. You get two energy. Then you may pay any amount of energy to give minus one minus one equal to energy.
Speaker 2: If you're wondering if you play live Fast, Yes we do. We're gonna get to that in just a minute here.
Speaker 1: Okay, card drop is live Fast. The card draw version tis okay. Uh Now, some of these are easy because they're just draw to paid, draw to loose to.
Speaker 2: He plays, he pays plays basically every you lose to get to whatever is.
Speaker 1: The Night's whispers, sign and blood, read the bones, and live fast. But that one also gives you energy.
Speaker 2: Yes, draw did you pay three? Draw two, lose two, get two energy.
Speaker 1: Oh and dire site. That's the surveil to draw to lose to. Yes, okay, so onto unstable Amulet.
Speaker 2: I kind of like this card.
Speaker 1: I like the art on this card. I like that card.
Speaker 2: It's a neat card. Okay, give it a read? Can you read that small?
Speaker 3: It's an artifact for red one.
Speaker 2: When it comes to play, you get two energy. Whatever you cast a spell from anywhere other than your hand, it deals one damage to each opponent. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: And you can tap it and pay.
Speaker 2: Two energy to exile the top card of your library. You can play it for as long as or entail you exile a different card with it. Hmmmm hmm, it's pretty cool. I like that card.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a neat card.
Speaker 1: Then yep.
Speaker 2: Good in an energy deck, so lets you draw a card over and over again.
Speaker 1: Okay, amped Raptor is a two to one first strike when it enters a battlefield to get two energy. Then if you cast it from your hand exile cards in the top of your library until you sile a non land card. You can cast it by paying an amount of energy equal to its man of value instead of actually paying for it. It's like a sort of cascade, but you gotta have energy.
Speaker 2: So it's not really a two drop hi if you want to take advantage of it, because you have to have lots of work to get enough energy to play the things that you're gonna cascade into.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I was gonna say, if you have a deck that's only like fucking too drops, that it's fine. We don't, but we don't, but we don't. Okay, it's probably good though, because.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it's bad.
Speaker 2: I just think like it's kind of it's wasted in the early game, which is unfortunate.
Speaker 1: If we had a commander that, let's say, bounce this guy a whole bunch of times, so we could just dig through our deck and kind of make him into a a pseudo tutor. Man, I've got a joined word that a suitor. Nope, frick not not like a suitor, A suitor like with.
Speaker 2: A p no.
Speaker 1: No, okay, noo. People at home know what I'm talking.
Speaker 2: About them, Sure they do, but it's still not the right word.
Speaker 1: Glint sleeve siphoner. Ooh, I hope this guy and his glint sleeve don't get galvanic blasted. Okay, when it enters or attacks, you get an energy and at the beginning of your upkeep you can pay two energy. If you do draw one, lose one. And it happens to be a two to one menace. Sure, that's fine, Pima Trailblazer.
Speaker 2: I like this one. This is actually a really cool card. I like this one.
Speaker 1: Okay. This is an Elephant Warrior.
Speaker 2: Give it a read. Yeah, all right, and it is a three three for three, one of which is green.
Speaker 3: It has trample.
Speaker 2: Whenever it attacks and deals damage, you may get energy equal to the amount of damage that you did. Then you can pay six energy. Put two plus one plus one counters on this, and then you draw cards equal to your biggest.
Speaker 1: Bro Oh that's actually and it's a trampler.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So even if it gets blocked with a two two chumper, let's say, you're still gonna probably draw like three.
Speaker 2: It makes lots of energies and then itself. Let's you draw five, and if you're playing green, which you obviously are, you'll probably have an even bigger dude that you can then use to draw even more cards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this card. I think that this card is probably a real good card in the deck.
Speaker 2: And unless somebody kills it it almost there is a point where after the third like full on hit it does on somebody in activation, it just enables itself.
Speaker 1: Because it gives you six energy when it hits them. Yes, yeah, so walkers or no.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a pretty good card. I like that one lots.
Speaker 2: That's a new one from the New Energy deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's got exhaust, that's the thing about it. You can only do that one time.
Speaker 2: That sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this card.
Speaker 2: Never mind, this card's bad. I thought that that was just like an a.
Speaker 1: I just read that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, never mind, this card sucks. I take everything I said about it back. This card is terrible. To cut it if one hundred and two cards cut this one.
Speaker 1: If you could draw like six off of this and it's an energy like enabler that also does a one time shamanic revelation. Sure, that's pretty good. Now it's serviceable, playable. Okay. Wheel of Potential Okay, this is a three drop. You get three energy. Then you may pay x energy. Each player may may exile their hand and draw X cards. Okay, sure, if X is seven or more, you may play cards you own exiled this way until end of turn. Next your next turn. Oh is this good?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Is any energy card in this deck? Good? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, this is something that are quite good. This this is just again it's a it's an energy version, which means it's the giant tiger version of a better card.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like that with the tiger wish dot com is yeah.
Speaker 2: Wheel of Fortune, it's the t MoU version of the fortune or Wheel of Misfortune, which are just overall, I would suggest better cards to play. These are thematic and neat truth be told. I do own a borderless one because I think it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: And one day, one day you will see me play this card.
Speaker 1: But it is not this day, Uncle Brando's Energy Emporium.
Speaker 2: That's right. Once energy becomes a thing, maybe I'll try it. Probably not, but I could if I wanted to.
Speaker 1: Could you please name the deck that? Yes, Uncle Brando's Energy and Porium. I think this card is actually good, and I love the name. We'll potential, und you really have potential.
Speaker 2: I cracked myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's our card drap.
Speaker 2: That's all the card draps. Like how it's a may and it's all players. Like you could hypothetically pay that play that, get three energy, pay nothing into it and you get say hey, guys, you can exile your hands and get nothing if you want.
Speaker 3: And Matto would probably do it. Shout out to our boy Matto.
Speaker 2: He's a wild card.
Speaker 3: Man's a wild card.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh man, this is why we don't do deck text. We end up just taking a big old dump on everything. Okay, Protection and Recursion. We got four cards total. We've got Consolate Surveillance. When it enters, you get four energy, and you can pay two energy to prevent all damage that would be dealt to you this turn by a source of your choice.
Speaker 2: I like this card in this deck.
Speaker 1: This card in this deck. If you've got ten energy, you can prevent like five creatures hitting you, or like if somebody's doing earthquake for frickin twenty nine. Yeah, I could pay two energy and take nothing. Everybody else dies.
Speaker 3: A great big giant Commander. This is a cool card.
Speaker 2: Those prevent damage from a source cards I think are grossly underrated, and this is one that can be used over and over and over again twice when you play it. I think this is a cool card.
Speaker 1: I play all of those cards that you just described except this one in my hurricane deck, my Enchanter's Hurricane deck, and they are very good. See ye Hurricane for thirty eight. I'll prevent all damage to myself from hurricane. Yes, okay, Flawless Manure. If you control your commander and you have two, so you probably will, you can cast it for free. Creatures you control gain indestructible until end of turns.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is. This is from the Flawless Maneuver cycle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Flawless the New free cycle. There's a freaking.
Speaker 1: Deadly Rolic and deflecting twat and fierce Guardianship and the fucking the green one. Yeah it's a fog, yes it is, which would be good in this deck. If you're playing Flawless Maneuver and don't want to spend seventeen dollars.
Speaker 2: You could pay seven dollars and play Fog.
Speaker 1: There you go okay, and then the recursion, we've got jolted awake. Choose up to one target artifact or creature you control. Oh no sorry, in your graveyard you can get you can uh get.
Speaker 3: You get two energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get two energy. Then you may pay an amount of energy equal to that card's man of value and then get it back to the battlefield. But it's probably good. It's probably good because you're not going to cast us on turn one through five. This is like, I've got fifteen energy. I'm gonna get back my six drop guy that when he dies, I can kill something. I'm gonna get back that dragon territorial hell kite right correct. And then we've got a Schifonian.
Speaker 2: And this is a throwback to the last couple of days we're talking about the band list because this card is it it's Tamu Recurring Nightmare.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's it's got the HTCH in there. That's what threw me off man.
Speaker 2: Yep. So this is when it comes to play. You get energy energy Energy. It's an enchantment for black one. You can pay x energy. Sack a creature, return this to your owner's hand. Return to creature card with man of value extra less from your graveyard to play activate as a sorcery bro.
Speaker 1: If you get twenty energy, this is recurring nightmare.
Speaker 2: Yes, this car I bet you this card fucks probably if you have twenty energy, which I which I never do, so I can't play this one. I'm stuck with my damn banned recurring nightmare. Still, yes, I bet you.
Speaker 1: In an energy deck this card will knock people's teeth though.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll bet you in this deck this card is exceptionally good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about some dudes.
Speaker 2: We've gotta get some energy now and then we'll get to some payoffs. And some of the payoffs are actually pretty fucking.
Speaker 1: Okay, pretty cool now, I think for the most part, I'm just gonna say, like, what how many energy? And if there's another thing.
Speaker 2: Sure, our first two cards do the exact same thing as Red one for a two to one and Black one for a two to one. One has first strike, one has haste. Both of them come into play get two energy. You can play two energy to get a servo when they attack. There. That's what those two cards do. Death touch, you mean death touch, Okay, Ether towards renegade.
Speaker 1: Oh, this guy's got energies printed all over them. He is two to one for three. Enters get four energy, pay to tap pay two energy, deals one to target creature. Who cares. But if you go one, two, three, four, eight, six seven eight energy, he deals six damage to target player.
Speaker 2: Sure, that's okay, that's fine. He gives you four when he ended, he gives you four. That's why we play him.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna see the last card in this section immediately turns this guy on in a good way. Yeah, okay, deck, okay, deck dekotion module decoction.
Speaker 3: Oh like getting what's that card?
Speaker 2: We were talking galvatic glast module.
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 2: Galvanic blast back discharge charging galvatic discharge module.
Speaker 1: There we go, yep, hold on, I gonna find galvanic discharge module. Enters, you get a thing.
Speaker 2: Creature attacks, You get an energy, pay for and tap it. Return tart creature you control to its owner's hand so you can bounce your dude. That gives you four energy back to your hand and play them again.
Speaker 1: You have four more energy. That's pretty good. Okay. Oh baby, this guy's galvanic discharging all over He's long tooth cub two two for two, so he's actually a bear, not a cat. If you know, you know he's two two for two. He's also a wall risk cuckoo could chew deals combat damage to a player. You get two energy, pay two given plus one plus one.
Speaker 2: Now counter sure that's very different.
Speaker 1: Agreed, Yes, very all these ETB energy guys, we should just be freaking blinking them.
Speaker 2: Don't you think we're not playing blue so we can't frick yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, pema ether seer s e r like somebody who is seeing yes, like a prophet.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a three to two for green three. Whenever it enters, you get an amount of energy equal to the greatest powered among dudes you have, and you can pay three energy to force target creature to block.
Speaker 1: Do another one. What's the next one?
Speaker 2: Sage of shalys claim or shallly is shame because this probably isn't a very good car A yes, dunking on everybody. It's green one for a two to one. When it comes into play, you get three energy full stop do another one. Scurry of Gremlins is an enchantment for red white two. When it comes into play, you get two gremlins and an amount of energy equal to the number of creature you have. You can also pay four energies. Creature you control get plus one plus zero in haste until and turn you.
Speaker 1: Get gremlins equal to the energy you have.
Speaker 2: No, you get two energies. Then you get energy's equal number of creatures you have.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: That's not too bad.
Speaker 1: That's that's I like, not too bad.
Speaker 2: It costs four, but so it gives you at least two, which is pretty okay. The odds are you're gonna have not just.
Speaker 3: Those gremlins, so it probably gives you four five.
Speaker 2: I would imagine.
Speaker 1: Practic if you go your one come, if you go commander on turn two, commander on turn three, this guy on turn four, that's like one, two, three four energy break even.
Speaker 2: On mana, and then you can just pay it all plus one plus oh get in there for what like solid nine.
Speaker 1: And haste until then to turn this this card scurry of gremlins, their noses. I'm not gonna say what they look like.
Speaker 2: Elephants.
Speaker 1: We are thinking of different things, but also eaters, still different. This gives me flame kin zelot vibes.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what that is.
Speaker 1: Pay energy to get plus one in haste until and to turn for all your bros.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and even it kind of costs the same magic, except I think flame conzelod is red red white one.
Speaker 1: I think, yes, something like that. And this is an enchantment, so I can't just recurring nightmare. This back a whole ton of time.
Speaker 2: Yes, frick that would be fricking good.
Speaker 1: That would make the depth good.
Speaker 2: You know what we could do, Let's just play flame Conzeale and then do that because we're playing recurring Nightmare sort of.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay. Servant of the Conduit enters you get two energy. You can pay energy to make a man of thriving grubs enters, you get two energy. Whenever it attacks, you could pay two energy to put a plus one counter on it. Ether storm Rock. That's a giant bird. It's a three three bird, and when it enters under your control you get energy.
Speaker 3: It or another creature.
Speaker 1: Oh that's really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Okay, And then when it attacks you may pay two energy if you do put a plus one counter on it and up to one target creature defending player control that part. I don't like that, but this flies and gets big, sure, Okay, architect of the untamed I like this one Landfall Energy, pay eight energy, get a six six beast. That's frickin good. Another one Nissa World Soul Speaker, Landfall get two energy, pay eight energy, play permanent spell for free. Yes, a really good rampaging ether hood also good.
Speaker 2: Keep in mind these last three cards that have been very good all from the most recent pre con.
Speaker 1: They're starting to amp up their energy so people actually give a shit.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so this one's a four to four for five trample with ward two because of course it does. The beginning of your upkeep, you get an amount of energy equal to its power. Then you can pay one or more energy. If you do, you put that many plus one plus one counters on it at.
Speaker 1: The beginning of your upkeep.
Speaker 2: That's too bad. So on your upkeeper will give you four energies, and then you can pay those four energies to turn this intoenty eight and eight eight, And then your next upkeep you'll get eight energies, and then you can put it in to make it a sixteen sixteen, or you can just have the energies.
Speaker 1: Or you can have the energies and once you get it big enough with some of our payoff cards and another the last card in this section. You're gonna see that they really start to snowball. Yeah, okay, Razor Field Ripper. That is when you have a very large discharge out of your butt.
Speaker 2: Well, I was thinking you ever see that movie seven?
Speaker 1: Also? That? Ye? Gross?
Speaker 3: Stop that the hell was that?
Speaker 2: Whoever did that?
Speaker 1: That was weird for people who are unaware. There's some piece of technology in the studio that's talking, and I don't like it, and I don't want it to happen again. I'm looking right at LB and he's looking at me. They're giving me the same look. Okay, Razor Field Ripper. When it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was, I don't know what it was. It said something about a SIM card. Yeah, Razorfield Ripper is a frickin' equipment creature. It's a three three for three read when it or equipped creature attack you get energy until end of turn where how much energy is it? It gets plus x plus x where x is the amount of energy you have There we go and you can equip it either paying two or three energy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, these cards have so many words on them, I know, okay for so little yes, eat their flux conto it. Whenever you cast your spell, you get an amount of energy equal to the amount of MANA spent to cast that spell. Yes, that's fricking good.
Speaker 2: Keeping in mind. If you're gonna do something like cascade, your cascaded spell will give you no energy because you didn't spend mana to cast it.
Speaker 1: Important mana equal to the amount of mana spent to cast the spell. It's not, it's converted mano costs.
Speaker 3: Those are important things.
Speaker 1: Let's see what it does. Tap pay fifty energy. Yes, draw seven cards. You may cast any number of spells from your hand without paying their MANE cost.
Speaker 2: Oh see there, so you can't just do it and then do it again.
Speaker 1: Well I get to draw seven then and basically do everything.
Speaker 2: Yes, which is pretty good. But let's say those seven have a total of fifty man I cost somehow, then they're all Draco's.
Speaker 1: Okay, ether Wind Basker. This guy is basking and he is out in all of his lizard glory. Do not google that. He's a seven to seven for seven with trample. When he attacks or enters the battlefield. You get energy for each creature you control, and you can pay energy to give him plus one until end of turn.
Speaker 2: It's fine. It's a fine card.
Speaker 1: If I'm gonna pay fifty into something, it might be this guy. Actually, okay, ether works, Marvel. This card's good. It's not just cards banned in standard, Wasn't it probably? I think it was. Whenever a permanent you control is put into your graveyard, you get an energy. This is an engine. Yes, this is an engine. Dump my whole frickin everything to get fifty energy. Then I can pay six to look at the top six. Tap, pay six, look at the top six. You may cast a spell from among them without paying its manecosts put the rest on.
Speaker 2: The bottom in a random order.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. Yeah. If I could untap this, maybe do it two times. That's like a pseudo tutor. Yep, a suitor. If you will, I won't. Oh no, you're not gonna make that one happen. I'm sorry, I'm trying to force it. Don't google that ether refinery six drop artifact. If you would get oh, here we go, one or more energy, you get twice that many energy instead, there we go. Yeah, and you can tap you get energy. Then you may pay one or more energy. If you do, you create an xx black ether works creature token where x's amount of energy paid.
Speaker 2: Don't care about that part. Yeah, it's energy doubler. Yes, make energy energy when you tap him. That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yes, evolution stage is next. That's landfall proliferate energy.
Speaker 2: I don't think energy should be counters, but it is. So you play a land you proliferate your energy.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh man, Guide of Souls, human cleric. Whenever another creature enters a battlefield under your control, you get a life and an energy, so that's fine. Whenever you attack, you may pay three energy. When you do put two plus one counters and a flying counter on target attacking creature, it becomes an angel in addition to each other types.
Speaker 2: I'm actually surprised that this is the first time I'm ever actually looking at that card, because that actually seems really cool.
Speaker 1: It's a soul sister that is incidental energy. I don't care about that part because it's a one drop that gives you a life when a creature enters for one man.
Speaker 2: It does what the soul sisters do. Plus it can make your guys big and fly. Yes, you know, just by doing what you're already doing, and it does it all on one card, and it's not like you're out anything. If you're tracking energy, it's not day and night, it's not speed.
Speaker 1: The only caveat is it's creature enters under your control.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if we're paying fifty and casting seven creatures, we could just do that, you know, we just have creatures come into place, like we're playing any Yeah. Yeah, we're playing lots of creatures.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ether Refinery, great card, Energy Doubler, Final Energy Doubler, and very good card and most expensive card in the deck by a lot. Vorn Kle's Monstrous Raider. This card is awesome, this card. I do you know what?
Speaker 2: I like literally everything about this card. I like that it's a six six for six. I like in the al Dart he's just fucking eating somebody.
Speaker 1: He's chewing a guy in half. Likes that that. What's the paint the famous painting Saturn eating his own baby or whatever?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably, Editor Joe'll have it on the screen. If he wants, then he has trample, then he has haste. Then if you would put counters on anything for any reason, anytime, anywherever, you duble, then there's even more because there has to be more.
Speaker 3: And if your opponents will.
Speaker 2: Put counters on anything for any time anyway ever, they get half of them instead. So if they activate a planes walker ability it's a plus one, they get fucking nothing. If they tap their guy to put a plus one plus one counter on it, nothing. If they have a Cather's crusade, that's gonna make all their dudes big. And you don't want them to have to manage all those tokens because that's.
Speaker 3: Why you play this card.
Speaker 2: They get fucking nothing. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, and this guy works the way you want it to. With Doubling Season two right like not just when a planes walker enters, they get double the loyalty correct. If you plus one your planees walker with this guy, you actually plus two it. If you plus three year planes Walker, you're actually plus sixing it. In addition to when it enters the battlefield and gets its loyalty counters boom double Yeah, say Doubling season this card.
Speaker 2: Is so good. It's so good.
Speaker 1: And last time I checked, like one minute ago, energy counter that's true. You get double counters guy, yeah, and you can beat your opponents to death with it.
Speaker 2: You can also just stop them in the faith.
Speaker 1: Yes, now, if this guy wasn't an enabler, an engine and a payoff all in one, we've got nine other payoffs. And this is when we're starting to we're starting to really loop up the joints, if you will.
Speaker 2: We're plumbing the death.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're plumbing everything here. Okay, this is automated assembly line. Sure, okay, So to drop artifact whenever one or more artifact creatures you control deal combat damage to a player, you get an energy cool. Sure, fine, but you can pay three energy to get a tapped three to three robot artifact creature token.
Speaker 2: I don't hate that.
Speaker 1: I don't hate that because I can pay thirty energy, get ten and get thirty power worth a guy. So, uh, three at a time you can convert your energy into power.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: That's a good rate.
Speaker 3: That is a solid rate of return.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it's bristling hydra. But my brain told me blasting hydra like that.
Speaker 2: I like that card better, like what you said, except instead of having heads, it just has cannons. And there's like a little goblin sitting in a chair in the middle, like aiming them. That'd be awesome.
Speaker 1: No, it's the same guy from Galvanic Discharge aiming blasting hydra four to three Hydra for four. When it enters, you get three energy. You can pay three energy to put a plus one plus one counter on it, and it gains hexproof until end to turn.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's a very good payoff.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: No, Like it's.
Speaker 2: It's fine, but I feel like that's more of an energy getter retter more than a payoff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like ether wind Basker. I like that blasting r either wind blaster or blasting Hydra.
Speaker 2: I like Guide of Souls better than pristing Hydra too. Oh, because you pay the same amount, but you give a dude flying in twice the power, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see if we can one up that. Okay, we've got brotherhood brotherhood describe. Okay, this another two drop. It's got metal craft, so you have to have three or more artifacts to make this actually even fricking work. Okay, Okay, tap get an energy.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, whenever you get one or more energy during your turn, creatures you control creatures mind you plural get plus one plus one until end of turn.
Speaker 2: Why is it during your turn? Why can't you use this when you're blocking?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because you can galvanic discharge and kill a guy and then you can also kill more guys and you blow your opponent all the way out. Good.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's not like they can't see it coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, you're playing fucking energy. You need to be able to blow people out somehow.
Speaker 1: Blow out your opponent coming galvanic discharge.
Speaker 2: Don't google any of that, especially if it's together. And if you do, uh, send us the deck list exactly.
Speaker 1: Wait, no, this is it?
Speaker 3: This is it?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: You have to send us the uh whatever?
Speaker 2: The the third from the top web pages, that's the one.
Speaker 1: I want to say. No, you know what I want to see. I want to see the the AI generated art of that. Yeah. People with like six hands and they're all somebody off Okay on the top.
Speaker 2: I fucking love this card. I love this card. Okay, do not unabashedly love it. It is a sorcery for Red Red five. Each player reveals a number of cards off the top of their deck equal to the number of permanents that they have. Then they put all the permanence in those cards into fucking play and the rest of them go to the bin, and then the game fucking ends because it always ends after you do that always, And in this particular Decks case, you probably lose.
Speaker 1: Games got end, but I'm going to be the loser. So everybody just reveals seven and gets the best stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or well it'll be more than seven because it's equal number of permanents you have.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like if somebody's plan, like let's say you're playing shrufas, yeah, and somebody plays this and you have like ninety five things, you just and then you've decked yourself and you die.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you know, Loredom, Could I make gruel Mill with Shrufus and over the top, Yes, oh man, send me that deck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, too many tutors because you have to make Shrufus happen.
Speaker 1: Dang it.
Speaker 2: The whole deck just is scrufus enabling frick. But it could be done, yes, very very easily.
Speaker 1: Birthing pod. Is there a birthing pod that finds me creatures and sorceries? No, dear March okay, century bot Uh. This spell costs one less to cast for each creature attacking you. It has flash. It's a two five for five.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: When it enters a batlefield, you get energy for each creature attacking you, which might be lots, but probably it's like three or four.
Speaker 2: It's a couple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the beginning of combat on your turn, so you got to survive. You pay three if you energy. If you do, put a plus one counter on each creature you control. Sure, sure, sure, I don't think we have enough creatures to make this happen, like to make it worth it, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean again, I keep dunking on the deck as if it's bad, but I'm not. It's just the card selection available to the deck is kind of low, and our creatures therefore are kind of low end, with the exception of a couple of guys and boren Clecks. Right, continue with Ether Revolt.
Speaker 1: Okay, ether Revolt. Hey, this is what this is when they name a card after a set. Sure, this is the Ether Revolt. I guess, I guess. So it has the ability revolt on an enchantment for four as long as permanence you control left the battlefield this turn. If a source you control will deal damage to an opponent or a permanent an opponent controls. It deals that much damage plus two whenever you get one or more energy. Ether Revolt deals that much damage to any target. Who wait a second, that's actually good because we could do something where we get like four energy and then we can freakin deal eight.
Speaker 2: Is there a crazy for this card, because that could actually work in Norn?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because he leaves the battlefield.
Speaker 2: I don't give a I don't give a shit about that bottom line, but him leaving the battlefield turns it on, and then him coming back makes the deck work.
Speaker 1: Well, this is a rare for modern horizons three, so it might have a widescreen version, not good enough.
Speaker 2: It'll probably be there's a new secret layer coming out what tomorrow will probably be able to get.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and if not, if not, then on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's a seventy cent card. I'm sure it'll be printed in a secret ever.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, probably has a secret card.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Lightning Runner, it's a two to two for five death touch Nope, double strike haste. When it attacks, you get two energy and then you may pay eight energy. I love how they just put eight energy.
Speaker 2: Instead of energy energy energy energy energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If you do, you untap everything and you fricking do it again. Pretty good, and it already has double strike.
Speaker 3: Also pretty good.
Speaker 1: If you could like say, pay eight energy and then three more energy to like give your whole team plus one and you've got a double attack.
Speaker 2: Step.
Speaker 1: Now, now we're starting to galvanically discharge on our opponent. Yes, yes, okay, Gant's Ether Heart. Okay, six drop legendary artifact. When Gante's either Heart or another artifact entries benefit under your control, you get energy energy. That's good.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good. And I guess here's finally, finally a card that works with our commanders.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, yes, yes we are. We're investigating. So I guess there's always card draw on the command zone. Hey, sure, pretty good. Then you can pay how many eight eight eight energy, exile Gant's either Heart, take an extra turn. Sure, that's just fine. This is just a powerful card when I have like a bunch of energy kicking around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 1: And especially if I've got the guys again that I can give my whole team plus one plus one and then get a second and dairy double combat in right, So instead of doing eight, I'm doing sixteen, and then I'm actually doing thirty two. Yeah, over the course of two turns and double stuff.
Speaker 2: Right, and that's that's not horrific. And it's one of those extra turn spells that nobody's gonna give you shit about exactly because you can't recur it problem unless you're playing Rift Sweeper and a bunch of tutors, and then you're probably not playing this deck anyway.
Speaker 1: So yeah, get over it. If infinite turns, Ganti's eat Ganti's eat their heart with rift Sweeper and pull from Eternity on a frickin' isic coronceptor there it is. It sounds like a lot like a Arkslagger corom.
Speaker 2: And I think this might be the second best card on the deck. It's probably the second most expensive card on the deck. Also, that is the land All Will be One also a card named after a set yep. It's an enchantment for red red three. Whenever you put a counter on yourself or something else, it deals that much damage to something. And whenever a red permanent you control deals damage. I think you put a counter on something too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, All will be One deals that much damage to target opponent, creature and opponent controls or planes, walker and opponent control. So it basically gets everything.
Speaker 2: You can't get yourself with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, essentially, if if you're just starting the energy train and you've got the energy doublers, and you've got either the guys at EATB to give you energy or fricking reoccurring nightmare sacking and then getting back the guys that give us energy when they eat TB, Like we can start to make a little bit of an engine.
Speaker 2: Right, Plus the Catholian Nightmare also gives you three, which would then do three damage. Oh yeah, right, so it's or six if you've got like a a ya, a double room some kind yeah.
Speaker 1: A vorn Klecks or what's the other one? Eat the refinery.
Speaker 2: Honestly, just because it's there's no tutors in this deck, correct, I would suggest humbly because it's a bit of a low power deck.
Speaker 3: And sometimes game has got to end.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna play this deck in the wild, you're gonna want to cut two things to make it one hundred cards. That's the first thing you want to do.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Then of the ninety nine cards that are left, you're gonna want to cut one of them, and you're gonna want to play the red Terror as well.
Speaker 1: The Red Terror, the card the Red Tear.
Speaker 2: The Red Terror is a card that goes infinite from with all will be won and it just game's gonna end. And sometimes I'm gonna die on this hill. You need to have a way to beat a deck that's just way better than yours. And again not dunking on the deck, but this one is going to run into that fairly often.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, you know what if somebody, if an opponent steals your worn clecks, you can't make energy anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh high risk, high reward, baby, Yeah, game gonna end.
Speaker 2: Or if you play me because I play warrang clecks and lots of decks just because it does that, yep is it's fucking awesome.
Speaker 1: So okay, let's let's keep moving on. These are classic CEO deck tech things. We're looking at strength and weaknesses, strengths strength. I love that it fights on its own access me too. Probably nobody else is going to be doing this. Probably nobody else is playing fricking leeches from fallen Empires or the dark or whatever to remove all your counters.
Speaker 2: I hope not. And that's great, And let's be honest. If that happens to you. If you can't, you can't be mad. You need to that person a beer because they weren't hard for that.
Speaker 1: You got to give them a galvan a discharge under the table.
Speaker 3: They've been waiting so long to do that. Let them have it. Just let them have that.
Speaker 2: Wain.
Speaker 1: Lots of new, interesting and powerful energy cards have come out recently, and.
Speaker 2: We're gonna see more in the future, I would bet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this is a deck that's if you keep it around, it's always gonna be. You can toy with it and it tune it to your liking, which is cool.
Speaker 1: We've got a bunch of i'll say a bunch of but a few good energy commanders now, and because energy is in all five colors, we can do the partner mix and match to give the deck the flavor or like the sub strategy that we want. I think that that's kind of an understated one that we aren't really taking advantage of in this particular deck. But it is a strength of energy. It's in all five colors.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is very good.
Speaker 1: Now, moving over to the weaknesses. Usually because of the lack of energy color or energy and it being in several color, you do have to diversify your manabase, which can be expensive.
Speaker 2: Yes, you have to pay money to make sure your energy works, and your cost to return ratio unless you already own the cool Lands probably not gonna be worth it for you.
Speaker 1: It's probably gonna be a slow deck.
Speaker 2: Yeh. And I'm gonna say this one now. I talked to about the Priestow yesterday. In my opinion, I think that this deck kind of wastes its command zone by having just two random guys in there for colors when there is a commander.
Speaker 3: Like Saskia out there.
Speaker 2: I talked about it. I'm minute to go play the Red terrorst you have, like that game end in Combo, just to make sure you can beat the really difficult decks. Saske helps to do that too, because she comes into play. You pick the deck that you don't think you can beat, and then you hit everybody else with your creatures, because that's what you're doing is just doming them with mid sized guys.
Speaker 3: And as you're doing.
Speaker 2: That, you're also hitting the player that you're gonna have a hard time with. So I think that sask It might be a better choice of commander for this deck.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Saskia good f Smitty plays ask.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's just my opinion, but I think that that's the thing. It also frees up a slot for red Tear.
Speaker 1: There you go, oh yeah, because you're losing a commander I've got I've got another strength and weakness kind of will make the strength and weakness kind of complement Eiffel Tower. And you could morph this or morph a energy pre con into a deck like this, a customize energy deck that encompasses more colors or more energy cards. That's great, but you've got to start with a pre con. And the pre cons that have energy as a theme, there's only two or three of them, and pre cons only available for so long, and once they're out of print, pre cons can actually get quite expensive. So if you want to do an energy deck, I think a pre con great place to start, correct, But if you want to do it, do it sooner rather than later. Like time Coop Cable back waited ten years, probably had to go by every single one of these cards.
Speaker 3: No, because one of them is current.
Speaker 2: If you're listening to this as we release it, which should be, and we really appreciate you for doing it. The easy to find deck that nobody wants of the pre cons is the Energy one one.
Speaker 1: It's half as many monies. Yeah, and if you want to save even more money, you can get it at Fusion Gaming online dot com with CC holiday promo code.
Speaker 2: And for the record, when I say nobody wants it, it's because the other one is so good. The other one is so good. This one is also very good. But because it's sitting next to the best one, nobody gives a shit about this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, for sure. Mesure.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna say one more small weakness of the check. It goes back to the commander choice of commandment. This is just a thing Ryan talked about it. We have all the good, cool energy commanders that have been released and are powerful that do energy stuff, and we're playing none of them in the deck. Yeah, we're not playing any of them because we're not playing blue because all the which I understand why we're doing that, the color, the color choices and all that stuff. I totally get that, but we are kind of missing some of the command zone payoffs. So the deck is a little bit weak. If they if people know what you're doing and they just get your payoff, now you have like a thousand energy and all you're gonna do with it is put one plus one plus one counter on the two to two that you attacked with. And they don't block because they think it's funny. Yes, and it is, Yes it is, and it is. But that doesn't make it a bad deck. It's just yeah, you're limiting yourself based on card selection. And I can appreciate that because not every deck has to.
Speaker 3: Go fuck a ball to the wall.
Speaker 1: Five color. Yeah, how we do over time there producer Gary oh perfect timing, Okay, budget section, and then the classic CEO spice rating.
Speaker 2: I haven't done this in a long time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and you can see on the TV behind us if you're watching on YouTube, Spice rating stickers on sale. Get them while you can. Okay deck four hundred.
Speaker 2: And twelve bucks.
Speaker 1: That's what it would cost if you were just gonna build this deck wild. If we take into account the most expensive cards in the deck, that is the lands. That's what I was talking about. The manna bases and stuff in the four and five color decks can get to be cumbersome. We've got triumes and shocks. Take them all out. We're saving one hundred and ten bucks there, yes, And does that make the deck less good?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Does it make the deck less consistent? Yes? Yes, Does it make the deck less powerful? Yes? Technically no, but because you're less consistent.
Speaker 2: It is less good. Yes, yes, So.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to do about that other than play less colors.
Speaker 2: You slow it down, and you play the lands that coming to play debt Oh, yes, yeah, the classic pre con thing. Yes, yeah, Okay, well, the deck's already slow, I bet. Yeah, so, I mean slowing it down by a turn. You're probably not going to notice, but here we are. This is the world we live in.
Speaker 1: Yes, now, most expensive card in the set, warn Kleck's eighty fricking US dollars to buy that piece of cardboard.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's like two hundred and sixty seven Canadian dollars.
Speaker 1: Like seventy eight mortgage payments. Definitely the best card in the deck. Buy a lot cut it. Don't cut it.
Speaker 2: If you own it, play it. If you don't own it. You don't need it to make this deck go there, you go, use buy a doubling season instead.
Speaker 1: The joke is doubling season costs the same amount of money, also expensive, though you could save five percent. If you don't want to buy a sealed deck, you could buy the single. That's true CCO holiday promo code. That's how you're going to pay less money to still play Magic. That's right, Okay, flawless maneuver eighteen bucks probably cut that you can switch it for obscuring Hayes.
Speaker 3: That's the green.
Speaker 1: That's the green on you.
Speaker 2: It's the green. It's a fog. So it's not necessarily the same. But you know, we're trying to save money here, not necessarily make the deck ye super much much.
Speaker 1: Just play something that gives your guys indestructible. There's like seven hundred cards that do that.
Speaker 2: That's eighty two thousand things to do that. Correct.
Speaker 1: So if you make all those cuts, you are cutting two hundred and eight dollars from the deck. We cut the price in half, and it's a two hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Deck, which is what a deck fucking costs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially if you're gonna start with a fifty dollars pre con and then and then put like one hundred and fifty bucks into it, that's two hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: And you've probably got most of the shit kicking around anyway, and a lot of this stuff is gonna be in your LGS. Is like not chaff box, but like, let's be honest, it's the chaff box. That's where you're gonna find this shit, and they're gonna be happy, happy, happy you came for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm happy, happy, happy that we're doing this spice calculator.
Speaker 2: Let's hit them.
Speaker 1: Anybody who doesn't know you can go to commander crookou dot com and there's there's like a little drop down menu you can find the spice calculator and there's instructions on how to use it and their stickers to mark on your deck box how spicy your deck is, yeah, or what bracket it belongs in, whatever you.
Speaker 2: Want to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, Popularity on edh reck, these Commanders have nine hundred and twelve decks.
Speaker 2: That's I think that makes them the third I think I looked at the third most popular of this color dune brood or whatever the hell is is color pairing. There's only like six different ones, sure, and it's like the third one.
Speaker 1: Whatever average man of value of deck three point one two.
Speaker 2: I would argue that that is precisely where a casual deck should sit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember when we used to say above three point five was the number. Yeah, wow, time they be a change uniqueness rating. This is the number of different cards in our deck from the average deck for this partner pair on Eda Treck kind of takes some time to physically count, not counting lands, not counting land. Yeah, fifty six.
Speaker 2: Of course it is.
Speaker 1: We're playing energy because we're playing it.
Speaker 2: We're playing energy in a clue commander.
Speaker 1: Yes, a cu Man, number of tutors, zero, number of dedicated wind conditions. Now, this is different ways to win.
Speaker 2: And that doesn't mean we have this card and this card. It means we're gonna win by attacking with creatures. We're gonna win by burning you out with all of be one what's the other one?
Speaker 1: And then the other one was just like energy bullshit.
Speaker 2: Well there's no energy bullshit that's gonna win you the game, though, Yeah, I feel like there was. If there was an energy fireball, then maybe, but there is.
Speaker 1: Okay, I had it set at three, but I'm setting it at two. Spice Calculator says, eighty eight point three. It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I'll burn your face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll something. Galvatic discharge Card of the Day, Card of the.
Speaker 2: Week card of the Week week week.
Speaker 1: We get it at Fusion Gaming Online dot Com c CEO holiday promo code. Gonna save you some cash there on your pave your driveway with galvatic discharges. I don't know, that's what I say. Big thanks to Fusion, Big thanks to time cop cableback for sending that in, and all of the Patreon supporters, everybody who's gonna help me in Vegas. Plan the frickin thing. Yeah, we were talking about tacos and chili and all the taco chili, all the stuff that we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Can you make taco chili?
Speaker 1: Chi? Can talk chili nachos?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Is aiding all?
Speaker 2: Killer Chiller? Philler Miller going, Buddy, you sink got coming. Hey, listen you guys, I want taco chili.
Speaker 1: We've already talked about it. Don't worry about it, Brando, We've got you covered.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: Final thought of the day and let's get out of here.
Speaker 2: Taco chili is the final thought of the day. That's the only thing I'm gonna be thinking about until Vegas, which is handy because it's the only thing I have to look forward to in my life right now. So I appreciate you all for giving me something to look ahead to, and I thank you the cable back for sending this in to us. I thank Gary for giving an opportunity for us to record something where we talk about this.
Speaker 3: Who else do we think?
Speaker 2: We thank Pilot Bones for giving us beer while we actually physically do this, and to keep us hydrated while we do sidewalk Slam tomorrow, or as we could say, sidewalks Slam tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: What are we gonna do next week? I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's probably like seventeen sets and forty two secret layers that we got to talk about here.
Speaker 2: Probably maybe we'll talk about that SpongeBob counter spell. Oh maybe we'll talk about the SpongeBob counter spell on the next exciting episode of Commander cook count podcast Hit Our Thing,