Speaker 1: So would you have the gay intercourse with a man fifty years older than you?
Speaker 2: Man for for.
Speaker 3: Well, now for me and Ben, it's one hundred year old guy.
Speaker 4: All right with with epan with I'll show you're gonna ruling ahead gexcept with some more sweet pursuing it to hold out shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chill in that day, Eagle? Yeah, we're doing in three clock on the doc. Got a habit for my house, a go status. How we'd starting to get ratic? Shows that enough multiply like a rabbit, two end zone out, creak it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 2: I'm on I hang out with her friends, rocking it on any radio. My boy's face talking on the radio. It's time to to this one.
Speaker 5: All it.
Speaker 3: Kat Christine, let's see all the lady. Oh yes, Happy Tuesday, everybody. This is the world famous Spin and Skin show. I'm Ben Rogers, joined by my close personal homie since nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Two, Jeff skin Wait.
Speaker 3: Hey friends, the pride and joy of the only varsity baseball team in the early two thousands.
Speaker 2: Right, what you were you eighteen? Kevin kt Turner? Hello, everyone? Have you may twenty? What years were you playing varsity baseball, and only.
Speaker 3: All of them really pretty much since the seventh grade year freshman to super.
Speaker 2: Seventh grade, y're also joining us.
Speaker 3: I feel like there was only like three kids in your graduating class, so like the lunch lady played shortstop, like I feel like it was just like anybody who wants to play grapic glove. I want to hear more about that school that baseball coach lusted after you to play third base for him. You're talking to me or Christina christ the Pride Joy. I'm sorry, she just said she didn't play baseball. She didn't say the coaches didn't love that, Okay, all right, The Pride and Joy of crandall Texas and uh one of the Shredders from Oatmeal Pizza, Christina k Ray Coornbrad little Baby corn Bread Ray?
Speaker 2: Are you I'm doing great? I think I'm doing better than all of you. What happened?
Speaker 3: Because if I was to tell you, hey, listen, on Thursday, you're going to get to meet your hero, I mean, who would that be? For KT, Dave Matthews, definitely for you, it would be Chuck Barry Kuck Barry Man.
Speaker 2: I'd be like dog how much.
Speaker 3: You'uring you guy, Chris Arnold, it might be David Letterman, Okay, David Letterman. Then for Christina, it would be one of the bulge guys from led Zeppelin, Jimmy Jack White, right, Jimmy Paige. Christina, you know the song to play for me? You know who it would be for me?
Speaker 2: Right? Do you know what it would be?
Speaker 3: Oh, carv Eric, I would love to be Kitty.
Speaker 2: Loggins, Benn's hero. It's Kenny Loggins.
Speaker 3: That would make me so happy, dude, hard to heart my Kenny Loggins. Great song. All right, I've we've got all right? How about this switch switched? The music we need? We need either crisis movie or developing crisis music or developing news.
Speaker 2: Why don't we just play the Mission Impossible music? Play the YouTube verse you have the Missionary Impossible music.
Speaker 3: I mean, did y'all hear the breaking news about Protestant singer Bono what?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay? The other day?
Speaker 3: That is, I got to go to a sneak preview of Mission Impossible, the Final Reckoning. Let's go, and I want to say, arguably the greatest film ever made ever that does not seem like hyperbole? And I laughed I cried, I cried, I laughed. It was a roller coaster ride. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: Did you ask your chance? Dude?
Speaker 3: They gave you complimentary diapers just because they know it's it's exciting. I had a Mission Impossible logo on it, Mission I Possible logo. Wait, if you ever needed to wear a seat.
Speaker 2: Belt in a movie, it would be that, like it felt like it instead of the popcorn bucket?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Why is there an upside down World War One plane logo on these Mission Impossible diapers?
Speaker 2: So I had this incredible time, and I was so grateful that. Remember I told the story, they reached out to me. I thought it. I thought it was fake.
Speaker 3: It was just like, hey, do you want to go to see a sneak preview of this movie?
Speaker 2: And I thought, I'm not clicking this link.
Speaker 3: This is fake, I responded, And it turns out they were like, no, we're real, we're local. We know the Bene skin show. We thought we heard you guys talk about it a lot. So somebody told us that, so we thought we didn't bite you. Tom listens whenever he's in Dallas, and so I had mentioned they told me when I saw him, they go, hey, you know, Tom Cruise mentioned that he was coming to Dallas Fort Worth. He said, I'm going to go eat some barbecue and go pop up at some theaters. And so basically the idea is, go see this movie. It's incredible, I promise you, and go see it in a theater because it's one of those movies that's made for the big screen, in the big sound system. I saw it in the THHX Dolby whatever the state of the art one is it. Does it premiere tomorrow? What is it premiere Thursday? Of the official premiere?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: You know, they sometimes they release big movies or Thursday, so Friday would have been the actual release date, but I think yes.
Speaker 3: But then because it's the Memorial Day weekend movie, Okay, it's got to break the record. Yeah, So on Thursday in Dallas Fort Worth, if you go see the new Mission Impossible movie, the Final Reckoning, if you go see it in a theater, there's a chance that Tom Cruise will be there.
Speaker 2: That is so dope.
Speaker 3: And I mean it's tiny odds because I don't know how many he'll stop by. But let's say he stops by five or ten or whatever, and there's a bunch of theaters, but it's worth going, just going like a Tom Cruise lottery.
Speaker 2: But also he might be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so I was saying, they did the same thing for Paddington goes to jailer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, padding, so I'm going to jail yet, that's next.
Speaker 3: So the the the lady who hooked me up and got me in to go see this, to go see this sneak preview, you know, she was like, probably a little scared, she'd go, Okay, you're super fan, you know, but she was like, so I can see you, you guys, I can see you really are a Tom Cruise fan.
Speaker 2: Do you really like his movie? As a fan? I love him. I love him.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about cocktail. And she goes, there may be a chance when he comes to Dallas. I don't know yet, but if we don't have enough of our people to do the introductions, because there's going to be all over town, would you be available to maybe introduce him to a theater?
Speaker 2: Incredible? And I was like yes.
Speaker 3: Anyway, they texted or they emailed me and said, hey, we're just following up seeing if you might be available on Thursday. I played it cool. I was like, well, I have a show. I don't really know what time. You know, depends on the time because they didn't say to introduce Tom. Yeah, they just said would you be available. You're like, I'm taking a meeting with Pedro Pascal around lunchtime on Thursday. So I responded, was like, if you can tell me a little more details about it, that would help.
Speaker 2: No response. I responded again, I said, if this involves Tom Cruise, then yes I can be there. No response.
Speaker 3: And so we're getting ready to start the show a few minutes ago, and I went ahead an email and I was like.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'm available.
Speaker 2: It's the most desperate.
Speaker 8: I was like, hey over here, I'm available, remember me.
Speaker 3: Thirsty Yes, right, no, I know, And she said can you call me right now on my cell on her and she'd give me her sell And so I called her and she goes, hey, listen, I need to know on Thursday, would you be available to introduce Tom Cruise at a theater? And I was like yes, And I was like, oh no, what time are we and so o'clock? So I can't say the time and I can't say where because it's a big mystery. I just know that if you go to watch this movie on Thursday. There's a chance Tom Cruise might be in your theater and you won't see him in advance. You'll just see him at some point. It'll be hello, Tom Cruise is here?
Speaker 4: Cruise?
Speaker 3: Yes, you already know what theater you're guardia, what time?
Speaker 2: And I know where, and so you could.
Speaker 3: Conceivably tell me and then I could sell that information on the boy. Yes I would tell you, but I don't trust you. I haven't known you long enough so I knew you a little better.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I have some questions about your character.
Speaker 3: So anyways, I was like, loose lips, I said, can I? All I care about is is getting a picture and meeting him right, And I was like, She was like, you'll be in the hallway with him before you introduce him, And I go, can I take a picture with him? And I go, because I know with a lot of athletes that we work with there, you're not supposed to take picture.
Speaker 2: She goes, oh, yeah, Tom.
Speaker 3: She knows Tom is the nicest, gracious, most gracious superstar ever, Like he'll he'll look you in your eye, he'll be super kind to you, and like he's.
Speaker 2: The real deal.
Speaker 3: Does this lady work for Tom or she works for the studios, I guess and so and so I was like, hey, uh, can I bring my assistant because I want to have someone with me to.
Speaker 8: Take that picture, all right, because I don't know, like what the rules are.
Speaker 3: And she goes, well, you can just hand the phone to one of our staffers and they'll take it for you.
Speaker 2: She goes, or, sure, bring an assistant. That's fine. So yes, yes, I.
Speaker 3: Don't have been talking.
Speaker 8: I didn't want to say, can I bring a friend who would also like to meet Tom Cruise?
Speaker 7: I didn't know how to say.
Speaker 9: It has a really good point there, what.
Speaker 3: You say she would have been talking to your assistant the whole time.
Speaker 8: Then I have a terrible assistant who won't even deal with hues.
Speaker 3: I don't understand what the assistant does. So here's the thing, Skin, I need this to be you. But and here's why. I also get to introduce the director Christopher McCory. Oh my god, I went to high school with him, and so he wrote Usual Suspects. He wrote the Usual Suspect? Didn't that have something to do with you going to film school? It was one of the two movies I saw that made me think you know what, You should write a screenplay, okay, everybody, and the only the only danger is that you forget to get the picture of me and my new best friend, Tom Cruise. I got about thirty seconds to win him over and be his new best friend. But you're gonna set a screen. You're gonna set a screen, okay, sper McCory, okay, And I'm gonna flow right by you and have a one on one opportunity with Tom. I love this man. Let me think about it. I may have because there's Paddington screening on Thursday. All right, listen, coming up next. We were very inspired by what we saw this morning with our friends at Cars for Kids in the Texans can Academies, and uh, we're gonna launch something and we need the whole metroplques to get behind it. We'll do it next right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle, Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 2: All right, coming up at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 3: Controversy over a famous musician in his new movie. What are the critics saying? What are the fans saying? We'll give you all the details about that, but right now it's time for this track.
Speaker 6: Another edition of things.
Speaker 3: Is tracking right Earlier today, me, Ben and Kat went to our friends down at the Texans Can Academies right off the car. Not the kids you hear us talk about it all the time on the show. They've been in those matchpucks for a really long time. And so what they do is they help kids that have had to drop out of school for whatever reason go back and get their education and then get acclimated. Now, I had never been out to the oak Cliffe campus before.
Speaker 2: Had you been been?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: I hadn't been.
Speaker 3: It was very impressive, very impressive. You've been before, right, Kat? And so you know, not only did we talk to, you know, the people that run it and what they're doing. Our buddy Raoul, you know, we've met him many times and he was out there. But then as well, we met some kids that have gone through the program. And then we kind of toured the school and saw what the kids were doing and got to say, in some ways I was kind of.
Speaker 2: Jealous of what was happening.
Speaker 3: Well, but before I get too far into that, what was your main takeaways from going to take you first been? So I'm a career class clown and you know, I was a lot to deal with in regular school, and because these are kids that are getting a second chance, I assumed things had the wheels had spun off in some way, and so I thought they'd be more disruptive even than I was. Yeah, dude, they were about their work, they were dialed in learning. The staff was awesome. The teachers were great. Like, I was incredibly impressed. I was like, man, y'all are way more mature than I was with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, age, I think that's I think that's rock solid.
Speaker 3: What about you just funch because a part of the tours they let you go into the classrooms and you see what's going on.
Speaker 1: There's projects going on, or they're just doing lessons. And then it kind of took me back to that place because I haven't been to a school in twenty years, you know or whatever.
Speaker 2: Right, So that was kind of cool.
Speaker 1: The thing about this though, it's always really fun to go out there because you see all the teachers too, and how much they care about this as well. Yeah, and that's a part of why this works.
Speaker 3: When you donate your car, your truck, your boat, your RV, whatever, it goes to auction, that money is used to help pay for that school. Yeah as well, and you know, get these teachers some money as well. And I'm glad you said that part because I didn't want to make an assumption that everybody knows. You know, they take anything with wheels basically that you can donate and then you get the ride off and then they auction it off and then they take that money and they put it into the school there. And so I'm sitting there and I'm watching everybody talk and talking, you know, thinking about their process and everything, and I'm like, man, I'm just I'm jealous that I don't have anything like this for myself, and so I'm gonna do something about that. I mean, you're gonna go take a course. No, you're gonna go teach kids. No, you're going to start a nonprofit bingo okay, and I'm gonna help kids hit the music.
Speaker 2: Christina.
Speaker 3: Hi, everyone, I'm radio personality and community community advocate skin Wade. A lot of people call me a leader, but I have no time for such accolades. Earlier today me, Ben and KT went to the Texans can Academies where kids get a second chance. And you've heard the slogan right off the car not the kid. Well, it was an inspiring experience, and me and Ben and KT got to tour the campus and I paid very close attention to what was going on there. KT and Ben spent a lot of time on their phones playing Candy Crush and swiping left on tender, but not me. I was inspired, and I said, you know what, if they can do it, I can do it. And I too want to start my very own five oh one C three po And so it's time for me to let the world know about skin Wades Texans Slim Academy aka Carbs for Kids. What we do is we take your unwanted carbs. If you have a lasagna laying around, or a giant loaf of bread, maybe crackers, chips, maybe an enormous bags of chips, a hoy, we take them and we feed those carbs to skinny kids like I was when I grew up, and then we try to prevent them from going to the bathroom and hopes that they can put on a lot of weight, retain that retain that weight. God, see, Ben, I might let him be a part of what I'm doing. And so then once we kind of get their weight up and fat and these little Weezer kids up. What we found is they're eighteen percent less likely to get picked on by a big lineman kid.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I like those odds, So.
Speaker 3: Won't you join me in my new organization, the Skin Waves Texans Slim Academy and right off the carb not the Kidable.
Speaker 2: Well done.
Speaker 3: What do you think I mean? I think you got a shot here and you have so much free time. This makes a lot of sense. I think I was taking appointments during our tour.
Speaker 2: Anyways, go online it is.
Speaker 3: It is a true five oh one C three po So you'll get the ride off skin Weeds, Texans Slim Academy aka Carbs for Kids.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. All right, let's get this thing going.
Speaker 3: Coming up next in the Hollywood shuffle, Uh, the Weekend has a new movie and speaking of poop, we'll talk about that movie that's next. You are listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show. Thank you for making us a part of your daily routine. More and more folks are tuning in and we love it. Thank you so much for rolling with us. Now we got a news quickie. We're gonna do a story about the Mexican Navy coming up here. Briefly, we're going to talk a little science with you. Flying cars could be right around the corner, and Jason Kidd stopped buying hung out with our friends at d l LS. So lots of good stuff coming your way here momentarily, but right now it's time for this juicy news.
Speaker 2: Hot God stay on the top in the.
Speaker 3: All right homework assignment And Santa Skenasina, I've seen the movie Friendship Tom, Tim Robinson and Paul Rudd. So Christina and Ben, whenever you get to it, let us know and we'll discuss on the air.
Speaker 9: I did see my first preview for it, and it looks amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun, but I will say no more your audience time as well.
Speaker 3: I'm one of the biggest Tim Robinson super fans.
Speaker 2: Well, you would you just tell me? Does he deliver to the hype?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: He does?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say he delivers to the hype. It's almost that I really don't want to tell you anything about it.
Speaker 9: Well, the preview said it's like I Love You Man for Sickos. Was that accurate? Okay?
Speaker 2: But this does hammer home that I love you man.
Speaker 3: It's a better movie than Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I would disagree with that. I would also say that there are there's a lot of the movie that co opts the tone of I think you should leave, but it's not the entire tone of the movie. Well that's kind of like the Detroiters then, because it definitely has his tone, but it doesn't it's not the show I think you should leave it, right. I saw it when I saw like a screening, so it's like a special screening, and there is a guy who I didn't know who he was, and I later found out he was in the Detroit Ter's and when he was in the movie for about the four minutes he was in it, when he entered the screen, people cheered wildly. So the people that I saw it with were super fans of Tim Robinson because I had no idea who this person was.
Speaker 2: The guy's the husband of Adie Bryant, formerly of SNL. Is that right? Who is This guy's name is the guy he's talking about from.
Speaker 1: His name's Conra O'Malley, But it's again he's one of those guys like you see his face and you go.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, he's in I think you should leave. He's the guy who is at the campaign headquarters. He's working on the campaign headquarters and he's like trying everyone's taking their fast food orders for and he's the one who makes the guy follow his Instagram account and he does this Franken stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that sketch again. This is the thing.
Speaker 3: Tim Robinson and Nathan Fielder have this thing where they're able to make me feel like I'm completely stoned by watching what they do. And I never remember some of the thing. I remember the things I you know that, but there's so much of I think you should leave. I've seen it all and love it. I've seen it multiple times and I don't remember. He's the guy that owned Calico pants and he can only afford to eat burgers. He's barely keeping this thing afloat.
Speaker 2: See I would. I just like it's not sticking with me. Now.
Speaker 3: Another movie that we need to discuss is one that dropped this weekend called Hurry Up Tomorrow, and it stars the Weekend and uh, Jenna Ortega. And what is she best known for? Jenna Ortega is Wednesday. She was in Beatle Juice, Beatle GAA and now she's in everything.
Speaker 2: She's gorgeous. Yeah, she's in a ton of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this movie from the critics is getting fourteen percent on Rotten Tomato. I'm honestly surprised it's that high. A musician played by Insomnias pulled into an odyssey with a stranger who begins to unravel the very core of his existence.
Speaker 1: Now, he did a TV show on HBO called The Idol and it felt tremendously. They spent a lot of money on it and it was awful.
Speaker 3: It was a trip through Weirdoville. Man, he needs a new movie, like his character was so odd and it was it was just soft core. Yeah, but my heart executives loved it.
Speaker 4: They did.
Speaker 3: There's a guy from something called the fort Worth Report, a guy named Joe Fryar his review on the movie.
Speaker 2: Test Fay is his name, able, test Fay is his name in real life. It's the Weekend.
Speaker 1: Is very charismitic and charismatic and can act. Unfortunately, he doesn't get to showcase his skills in this plotless story written by the musician with Schultz saw whoever write it.
Speaker 2: I did hear someone say that.
Speaker 3: There's a point in the movie where there's a QR code that you can click going to download his new.
Speaker 2: Album, Oh my God in the movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, So my son and his homies went and saw this Saturday and I was like, so, what was it about?
Speaker 2: He goes, Man, I really don't know.
Speaker 3: He was like, he goes, they just did a lot of drugs and then they they were tripping, and he goes, I don't know. None of us knew what it was about. And there were we just were laughing at how bad it. It's a never ending bad music video. Yeah, honestly, Okay, my son and he's not like he has the highest standards in the world. I mean he's a pretty normal teenager.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, and he was just like, man, it was just so bad. We just we were just laughing at it. We couldn't even explain how bad it was.
Speaker 9: How bad was bat Girl? If it didn't even make it to the theater and.
Speaker 2: This start did? Was it?
Speaker 4: That girl?
Speaker 2: What movie? That girl? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think Batgirl was the one that got even release it. Yeah, because they didn't want to spend the extra two hundred million on advertising.
Speaker 2: It was like, let's just take the l who was in that was? Who was the star of that? I forgot the name of the girl. Think it was. I'm looking it up.
Speaker 9: Something pretty big.
Speaker 1: Hard to tell here, Yeah, Leslie Grace would have been her name.
Speaker 3: Really all right, we'll go google her during this song and then we'll be back talking about the Mexican Navy in just over three minutes. Don't go anywhere, We'll keep this conversation going with the news quickie that's coming your way next right here on ninety seven point one The Eagle, The Nskin Show, ninety seven point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us on a Sunday Tuesday afternoon. We're all very excited to be hanging with you coming up this Sunday b FD. It's going to be a big deal. Dos Ekis May twenty fifth, will be in the house. Later in the show, we'll be giving away tickets. You need to listen to the Today Game and then listen in the five o'clock hour for your chance to win free b FD tickets.
Speaker 2: But right now, it's time for this.
Speaker 6: Give me that moves quikie.
Speaker 1: All right, couldn't make time for this on yesterday's show, so I wanted to squeeze this on to today's show Saturday night. As I was kind of getting ready to add the stars had won, and I was had a little window ten ten just kind of looking at my phone. I was getting ready to watch Saturday Night Live and watch it live, and then you see like breaking news, ship hits the Brooklyn Bridge, which, my god, I mean I remember the last eighteen months coming into work one morning back when I did the morning show, and that bridge in Baltimore that collapsed was a wild story to wake up to and realize we're going to be talking about this whole day. So my first thought was, ay, I hope this doesn't interrupt this Saturday Night Live finale.
Speaker 2: Not I hope the people are okay.
Speaker 1: Because two hundred and seventy seven people were on a ship that was a Mexican Navy sailing ship and it was headed to Iceland. But the power went out and so they had lost, you know, a control of the ship.
Speaker 2: And as it's going, the.
Speaker 1: Mast I believe is the thing at the very top hits the undercarriage of the Brooklyn Bridge over the water.
Speaker 2: Two people died.
Speaker 3: I'm assuming they were people, because there's people up on that mass. There's a lot of dangling happy up there. So it just lost its power and it started floating backwards. Yes, there is, Man, I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often. There is another, and I'm trying to remember which boating accident it was in the last probably decade. Maybe everything feels weird because of the pandemic, but I know there was a big boating accident in that New York area where a ship had lost power temporarily and they lost control of its course.
Speaker 2: And there was right around the same time as the other one.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I'm trying to remember exactly what it was, but I remember the footage of all the lights going out on the boat.
Speaker 1: So I don't know about that met like where this boat was that it was at Peer seventeen, and it was going northeast towards if you crossed the Brooklyn Bridge into the Manhattan Bridge, you're going into New York City.
Speaker 2: It was supposed to go south.
Speaker 1: So it apparently once it got out or undocked from Pier seventeen, never had control and was just kind of their floating.
Speaker 2: Wow, you said it was the Mexican Navy, Is that right?
Speaker 3: The Mexican Navy, sir, Because when I looked at it, it looked like a kind of like a booze cruise. It looked like it had string lights. It looked more like a sailboat type giant boat. But uh, you know, and with people up there danglings like they were doing some sort of a show, right, like they weren't. I thought the same. I was confused when it said Mexican Navy. I thought it was some sort of thing you pay to be on or something. The commander of the Mexican Navy Ramundo Pedro, Morales and Hells. They have so many names.
Speaker 2: Is any of that hyphenated?
Speaker 1: He yeah, that's the he said. Basically there, they've got a big investigation going on. They had tons of uninjured cadets working cadets. Do they use the same thing we use, like, you know, colonels and sergeants to they the candets and Conquista doors and Conquista doors are not from Spain.
Speaker 3: Oh, but I think their boats are a little more festive than ours in our navy.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's really I don't. I think it was decorative. I don't think that there. I don't. Yeah, I don't know. I'm confused by that.
Speaker 3: But I did see like a streamer, you know, somebody recording as it went by.
Speaker 2: Did you see any of this stuff?
Speaker 3: I saw a bunch of I mean there were so many people down on the pier that I saw a ton of different angles. Yeah, there was a lot of different angles, and you know one of them was this person goofing off and like laughing about it. Well, you could see there was people's lives, you know, they lost their lives.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, god, lord, this is a this is a crazy story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't understand this has not getting enough coverage. Honestly, I also think it's pretty wild, not wild, surprising, pleasantly surprising that only two people died. I can't believe it. I thought that more of the people that rep top would have died. So they maybe there's a bunch of critical injury that I'm not aware of. But I when I saw that there was people all the way up that and saw how it hit, I was like, oh my god, how many fatalities. So those peers, there's you know, you can go there if you're just a tourist and sit there by the water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so, and there's bars and nice to eat. I've been down over at Piers sixteen. They said that there was a large crowd that had gathered and there was emergency workers just wheeling, people with neck braces on and gurneys and blood everywhere, and crowd. They said, a crowd gathered there and was chanting Mexico, Mexico. But it's like for support. And I guess it's very that's about the decision. But I think, you know, kind of in the moment, people don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Mexico has a navy.
Speaker 3: According to the Internet, it's called the Armada de Mexico Let's go, and they have one hundred let's see, fifty six thousand personnel and almost two hundred ships and one hundred and thirty aircraft. And the picture I'm seeing online looks like a regular navy. It looks like a battle like a I don't know, like a destroyer like you would see the US Navy. That thing with the string lights and people hanging off the top of it and all that.
Speaker 2: That again, that looked way more like a booze cruise. I don't know what that was.
Speaker 3: But also it begs the question, why is the Mexican navy headed to Iceland?
Speaker 2: Start to change start some wars?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, first they changed the name of our golf. Then they wanted to go get Greenland. Maybe Iceland's next. I can tell you they were on a good will tour throughout the world. Oh good, okay, they were going to spread goodwill. All right, well, thank you for your report there, Kevin. All right, coming up next, let's get to the future. Let's talk about flying cars right here on the ninety seven, and then Sunday is BFD. If you're out at either of these things and you see us, please say hello.
Speaker 2: We'd love to meet you. If you're going to BFD, you'll see us walking around.
Speaker 3: We'll have these shirts that say ninety seven point one the Eagle staff on the back. You know, obviously we're on radio, so you may not know what any of us look like. If you see us there, you know, say hello. Maybe walk up behind KT and give him a reverse backwards hug. Oh he'd love that. And just so you know, I'm the giant, buff ripped guy. Yeah, I'm the one who will be exploding out of my shirt, my real tight fitting muscular shirt. Are you guys gonna wear socks in your underwear to impress people?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that's every day. Every day. I'm just gonna stick to my routine. Yeah, Christina, Uh no, probably not. I was just gonna say, are you going to be fd.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely going to be Okay, good you know where socks down your underwear? Uh?
Speaker 2: Have you seen Christina's bulge?
Speaker 3: We got a big five o'clock hour coming your way. We got food news. The Dallas Observer has the twelve best text mex joints in town. We got an update on the prison break situation, and we returned to the Sports Inferno, one of our favorite bits ever. So that's all coming up in the five o'clock hour, coming up in just about ten minut and it's uh, we'll go around the sports. Jason Kidd was on with the d l l S guys, and there's good stuff for us to examine.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 6: It's time for science.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So we were promised flying cars Michael J.
Speaker 1: Fox and the scientist guy, Christian Lloyd. Yeah they probably the Jetsons. Jetsons were way ahead of their time, by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm yeah smash yeah, dude, smashed dude. Yeah, don't don't uh Dan Jake have some segment about that. I don't know about source material. The worst source material they think they.
Speaker 2: Talk about that.
Speaker 3: I would have always thought you would have been a Rosie the robot guy.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that is right up your alley. He's a maid too. Okay, he's not Schwartzenegger. You don't know my search history. That's a game.
Speaker 1: None of us want to play. Judy Jetson though she can get it.
Speaker 2: Man, that's good for the start of the show. I don't disagree with any of that. Yeah, we all agree, right, we've always agreed with that. Christina, I'm good. What's the daughter's name, Judy? Well, who's the wife? Judy is the wife daughter?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 2: Betty Betty, Betty Betty and both be honest. Yeah, the girls in college. We're assuming it's future college. We've said too much.
Speaker 3: First mass produced flying car will go on sale next year in how much do you guys think this car will cost? Before I tell you some details on it? Four hundred thousand. That's a good guess. I swear that was on the tip of my tongue. So I'll say four hundred and one thousand, five hundred thousand. Christina with the one eight hundred thousand, Man, I'll get.
Speaker 9: One of those flying car.
Speaker 1: Guys say company in Slovakia and they're aircar will cost eight hundred thousand dollars if you want to get some upgrades on it up to a million.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem.
Speaker 1: It's technically a flying car, but it's not like a hover car, like you know, I always assuming this would basically just be cars that hover. This thing is a sports car, but it's just got retractable wings and it's got a propeller in the back so you can lift off and traffic you can't like lift off like in traffic, like past the car in front of you by hovering over it. Like you need a runway to use this thing like a plane.
Speaker 2: So you just jump over a lake and it lands. Like what is this? That seems like it's gonna be horrific?
Speaker 3: Like in terms of because like I would, I would assume that it was similar to a hover car, like a more helicopterish than airplane ish, would like straight forward speed.
Speaker 2: Honestly, what is oh?
Speaker 3: I guess because you have to well, then that makes it okay. So a helicopter is basically now just a big drone and this thing is a mini airplane.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, so we can't have just regular driver driver's license for thing.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and it's not approved in the US. They're hoping to get approval in the US this fall. There will be a big vote on that. Probably not gonna happen. They will be approved in Europe though. They It transforms into an airplane from a sports car in two minutes.
Speaker 2: There's just some James Bond stuff, dude.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It says a top cruising speed of one hundred and fifty five miles an hour at eighteen thousand.
Speaker 2: Feet more like tom cruising speed. That's what I was thinking. Highway to the danger zone, Kevin. Yeah, okay, So how have they tested this?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? I think a lab or space? Like we didn't you guys see that video? You saw it, don't you watch?
Speaker 2: John Oliver? Yeah? John Oliver had.
Speaker 3: One of those flying cars on like two or three months ago, and they showed that thing where the guy was out in the desert, you know, like the sands, Like, yeah, okay, what do you mean, how did like a wide open area like okay, so you know there's areas of flat desert where they tried to set the new land speed record. There's just yeah, Texas anywhere or only out to just strap on a parachute.
Speaker 9: On the guy probably or just do a well, I guess, can't do a crash.
Speaker 2: Testy doing this, it's going to fail.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're flying high enough to where a parachute would work.
Speaker 2: It says eighteen thousand feet. Really do you? That's what it says.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, Okay, I don't know how high we want went out when we jump.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: It's like having a mini plane and fine, it's like having a Sessna. Yeah, well I know that the minimum. I think when my brother was flying, I thought it was like ten thousand feet was the minimum I'd want to be and just be flying.
Speaker 2: I thought I could be wrong skydiving.
Speaker 1: For a skydiving minimum altitude is three thousand to four thousand feet.
Speaker 2: In a commercial jet is like thirty thousand feet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think if this thing is going eighteen thousand feet, this is not a flying car.
Speaker 2: This is an airplane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is not a good idea. Well that's why I cost eight hundred thousand dollars. Yeah, dude, I need my wife to just handle driving up down the toll way before we started.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, there.
Speaker 6: You have it.
Speaker 2: There you have it.
Speaker 3: There is the uh yeah, a little science. Let's talk Science DFW coming up in just over three minutes. Jason Kidd has spoken, he talked to our friends at d l LS. We have audio to prove it. Let's talk Mavericks DFW in just over three minutes. Don't go anywhere. That's next on the Eagle before.
Speaker 6: Now, let's go around the sports KGD twins as all the sports yea.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Jason Kidd was on d l LS yesterday, went to their podcast studio, set down for an hour. The Dills said many things, talked about the Luca trade and all that. Did say it's time for mass fans to move on. He did say they're interested in that kid that used to play for Duke and probably didn't want to say Cooper flag out loud and probably trouble find or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's actually three Duke guys that are going to go in the lottery. Now, I was like, I hope they're I hope they're on the right one. There's a couple other guys there.
Speaker 2: That other guy's basically just Mike Dunleavy junior. Was there anything that he said that was a big takeaway for you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think, like what I've seen a lot of Twitter reaction to is something we were talking about last week, and that there's a lot that could happen with free agency and you know the moves they make. But you know, I was saying last week, I was very convinced that Cooper Flagg was going to be a two guard. And I was not saying that because anybody had told me that. I was saying that based on how I've seen Jason Kidd coach. And again, something could happen with this roster. And there is one buddy of mine that's pretty tied end that was like, dude, they're going to go get a point guard. And I do think they're going to go get a point guard, but I think it might be, like, I don't think it's going to be a big splash point guard. I think it's going to be a stem the Tide point guard until Kyrie comes back. And just looking at the roster, I felt like it was likely they would want to keep PJ. Washington junior, and I was like, the way Jason Kidd plays, Cooper Flag can play a two in the lineup, and that's basically what he was telling the DLLs guys, is we're going to play him at the two.
Speaker 2: That is so freaking exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that means you have a dominant shot blocker at the two guard position and you have you know, phenomenal defenders at two, three, four, and five. There's gonna be and I've seen people say this, and I think it's fair. There's going to be a lot of pressure on Cooper Flag to be a good shooter out the gate. But Jay Kidd was saying, we think he's a good enough shooter yesterday, and you know, we're sitting here in May. A lot of things could happen, and I would It was a very different roster. And I also think Jason Kidd was kind of sending a message to the front office when he told everybody that O Max and Derek Lively the second we're going to start as rookies. It was a different roster back then. I think he was kind of saying, hey, we got to change our roster. I don't think he was like, oh, yeah, these guys are going to but this is different. I think most people that are NBA talent evaluators think Cooper Flag can start for an NBA team on day one. Man, for as much time as I was spending lamenting the Luca trade and being miserable and just my thoughts going there every day, I spend an equal amount of time being excited about Cooper Flag. Yeah, and you know what I was thinking about too, Ben is you know for a while, no matter where I went, multiple pop would come up and go, Man, the Luca thing.
Speaker 2: What happened? You know?
Speaker 3: They just want to talk about it. Man, I'm getting a lot of people coming up. They're not saying, how good is Cooper Flag? They're just going, can you believe we got the number one? Like, just the absurdity of it all. People want to talk about it. And I think, you know, college basketball is so different than it was. I think people watched it with way more frequency fifteen years ago than they do now. But I think even your average sports fan knows that Cooper Flag's a big deal, even if they haven't paid attention to him.
Speaker 2: Did he say anything else that stood out? Talking about him? Defensively? He was talking about the idea of PJ. Washington Junior.
Speaker 3: To me, if it was a kid in charge of things, they would keep PJ. Washington Junior just the way that Jay Kid was talking about him, the versatility of stuff, and then also talking about you know how quickly Kai can get back. Did you see the report Kai was rejuvenated by the Cooper Flag No, I mean they know the guy can play. Yeah, he's respected that he's cool, He's respected already. Naji Marshall was on what is It Old Man in the three podcast, and he was talking about how it hurt his soul because Luca was his guy. But he was like, man, Cooper Flag's a dog like me. Like he said that paraphrase. He basically said, that guy's a dog like I am. That's so rare for established veterans to feel that way. He's eighteen, about a guy who's barely you know, old enough to even be in the league. And even the guys that weren't Avail, you know, a part of Team USA last September, that clip was crazy viral. It was everywhere of Cooper Flag bawling out against all those adults.
Speaker 2: When he was doing that, he was seventeen. Geez, that clip.
Speaker 3: That was going around to him going up, remember when. And then there's another where Anthony Davis blocked a shot and he got it right back and took it right back to the rim like he didn't freak out.
Speaker 2: He was seventeen when that was happening.
Speaker 1: Another cold ass white boy in the MAVs organizations.
Speaker 2: Yeah me too. All right?
Speaker 3: Coming up next, what's going on in Dallas? KT brings us a shocking reddit post that you have to hear. That's next.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere? What's going on in Dallas?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I have more reasons why Dallas and for worth top ten cent. I saw the Sun reddit last night and beware there's you know, there's subreddits for everything, Like there's a subreddit for Richardson if you want Richardson news.
Speaker 2: A swing in there, just see what are people talking about?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, land on Dallas last night and took a peek, and I think you guys are going to enjoy what I stumbled across.
Speaker 2: I'm going to read this to you via retit. Are you ready?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 3: Looking for a hospice friendly mail stripper for my terminally ill friend. Let's okay and go I've heard of this type of thing before. Well, really like a final wish, can you can you? I want to hear the phrasing exactly again. Well, let me read the post too. Wait, is it a hospice friendly mail stripper? Is that what she said?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Excellent.
Speaker 1: Hello, My beautiful friend has terminal cancer and has been fighting it for years. In June, she's going to go into hospice care. Right now, she's still fairly active and able to enjoy life. We're having a party for her in a couple of weeks and want to hire a stripper.
Speaker 3: Skin you said you've always wanted to smash the headboard of a deathbed. Oh, dude, that's a dream of mine. In fact, well, I'll leave that alone. But yes, thank you for putting that out there, because I'm sure there's someone out there that can help me.
Speaker 1: I assumed if that's something that you'd say out loud in the break room, that's good for on air.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's when we taught anything we say around each other it's okay to share with listeners.
Speaker 3: Golden loves that whole routine.
Speaker 2: Did the deathbed headboard thing again?
Speaker 1: I've been googling and looking at all kinds of stripper sites and I'm still so confused because I've never done this before. Many of the websites don't have pictures and want payment before requesting a specific dancer. We'd be fine with that, but we just want to make sure the dancer is going to be comfortable with dancing for a hospice patient. My friend said that if we were going to get her a stripper, she would prefer a man with blonde hair and lots of tattoos.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I'm so close.
Speaker 1: You would think there would be thousands of these, and maybe there are, but I'm having trouble locating them online. She said, Please don't message me offering your amateur services, no offense. We're looking for a professional stripper, not a prostitute. I posted this ten minutes ago and I've already gotten three random people messaging me offering to come sex up my friend. He also said that you have made a GoFundMe, but they couldn't put for a stripper on there, so they had to put a magician on the on to keep it up.
Speaker 2: You said, you've heard something like this, Ben.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard of people being, you know, termally ill and wanting to go out with one last bang.
Speaker 2: Hell it was in fight Club, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: What movie was that? Yeah, wasn't it?
Speaker 3: I think it was just your life? No, I think there it was in a movie where this lady. Yeah, because she goes, she she gets on the mic at what you know he kept going to these support groups. Huh, and so one of them is all these terminal ill people. Is the only way he could sleep is to go to those things. Oh and she goes, I've got condoms, and it goes feedback on the mic.
Speaker 2: I remember him going to those meetings, but I don't remember that.
Speaker 3: God, I haven't seen Fight Club and I wanted one last go round before she left, you know, so it's not uncommon.
Speaker 2: Was that inspired me to watch Fight Club again? Was that fight Club? Or was that club? What did he say? Jesus, I really don't know what just happened.
Speaker 9: Did you actually say it? And this is just a stripper, this isn't banging it out? I know, I'm shocked to skin. I can't believe.
Speaker 2: What what just happened? That is amazing. He's the best ever. Uh.
Speaker 3: Well, we're on satellite radio now, So what else is in the story?
Speaker 2: Were you saying Christina?
Speaker 9: You were saying that she's just looking for a stripper, not prostitute.
Speaker 2: You're looking to have some intercourse.
Speaker 3: It doesn't right, Yeah, I mean, I mean you know, things get going, the dance goes well, Yeah, it goes well.
Speaker 9: I don't think strippers want that. Their strippers, not prostitutes.
Speaker 8: Male strippers want that. I think they look at us a way to me to meetustomers. Yeah, okay, what percentage of strippers are prostitutes?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 3: One four, seven eight seven one nine one. I thought you're gonna ask the age old question. What percentage of hospice patients have STDs?
Speaker 2: Man? I felt like I learned a lot about STDs this morning too. But at the school, that's amazing. Let's say it like that. Really Yeah, yep, all right.
Speaker 8: Man, pretty good sounds that's a weird way to say it the way you said there was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a lot of stuff that just happened that I will never quite fathom. Coming up next, yeah, just over three minutes, it's time to play the Today game for Today Tuesday, May twentieth, we got food news, we got a prison break up date, and we got a sports Inferno prank. It's all coming your way on the Bit and Skin Show. Don't miss the Today Game in just over three minutes right here on Eagle. Thanks for following us on all the social media platforms. We love staying connected with you. This segment's brought to you by andrew American Pizza Kitchen in Plano, Texas Preston and Plano Parkway.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: They were voted best pizzeria in DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News, which speaks volumes. What a high honor for Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. They got pasta, they got local craft beer. It's a cool place to hang out. We highly recommend Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. And speaking of food, it's time for this.
Speaker 6: It's time food.
Speaker 2: Do you guys like Mexican food?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hell yes, especially lote? Do you like it with a little text?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think a lote is more traditional Mexican fair. I don't believe it's considered text mex But I could.
Speaker 2: Be with you like text mex over Mexican food.
Speaker 3: What is a LOTEI usually got usually got mayo or butter in it, like street corn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 1: It's got the juice. Dallas Observer here with their list of twelve the best text Mexsan Dallas. Now I do uh. I would like to put Lauren Drews Daniels to task here, let's rank these things. It's okay, okay, we can put but she didn't just put them all out there. So you so you've seen the list. We haven't the list?
Speaker 3: Is it real? Is it text Metro? Did they throw in like Mexican.
Speaker 2: Food best text Mexan Dallas? Okay? They went text Max No on the border, all point on the borders.
Speaker 3: A huge basket of chips, which is really having a bag of chips before you eat, and a margarita like mandatory Act one in the Constitution. Chili co Let's start with tip A Cooas. That's off Northwest Highway. Have you guys been to tip A Cooas?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: She says they discovered it last year. It's near Bachman Lake, Oh, okay, west side. So if you want, you can get your authentic Mexican dishes, your menudo, your Lingua, things like that. But the real big plate is the text mex Ta ketos. That's what you really want. There any type of chicken flow to count me in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, magical play get this on Mondays Beef chilatas for seven ninety five?
Speaker 2: Hey, get that.
Speaker 3: What's the difference between a flouta and a taketo corn and flour.
Speaker 2: I believe that's accurate. Which ones which? Yeah, flower is a flout.
Speaker 3: That would make sense, right, although I've always thought I feel like I've had flopped as before that work corn.
Speaker 2: They used to call it a flower to flower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a Vilos Mexican restaurant.
Speaker 2: This is off Maple. It has been to a Vilas I have.
Speaker 3: I used to work near there a thousand years ago, and it was there back in the day.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's right when you were selling your butt for money. Look at him man, Yeah, to excuse himself. Uh, why not? Because the rule in Texas.
Speaker 1: Avila's has been there since nineteen eighty six. Yeah, it'll tip our hat to them. It's good.
Speaker 3: Casa Nevadro off Marsh Lane there so probably close to joseieh Reckords, I would assume, Yeah, Marsh, that sounds like the Thomas Jefferson neighborhood. I have never been to that.
Speaker 1: They said their first review of Casa Navarro was thirty years ago, and they're reminiscing their old days of Judas Priest in Northtown Mall.
Speaker 2: Oh you guys ever been to Northtown Mall?
Speaker 9: No? No, but it does look like it's in a strip mall area.
Speaker 1: With the chips and salsa. They give you a bowl of bean soup? Is that what they give you a glorias? We were, uh, that's luxury beaned it because.
Speaker 3: That bean soup is it's usually like charo beans and it's real brothy. It's not the kind of thing i'd throw down on. Yeah, but I recently saw my dad consume some. All right, and more on that tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Things Desperados Greenville Avenue really good.
Speaker 2: We've all been there as damn fine. I got prank there a time or two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a long time talk about it, Okay, now I want to talk about it.
Speaker 2: I care more about that than anything.
Speaker 1: So back when I worked at AM station in town, they they desperate was brought by a bunch of food and then a guy over there named Killer was like, hey man, they left some some bags of stuff, some goodies for the morning show. But those guys are gone, so you can have them. And the idea was to get me to take free stuff. And then they were gonna call me later be like why did you take that stuff? But I knew what was going on, and I'll tell you who had a hand in this was Christina's boyfriend one Mike's Roy, and I remember, for this is over ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Now clearly he.
Speaker 9: Didn't have my good influence yet.
Speaker 3: I so I remember being at my crappy day job, but right across the street this oil company over here, and like can he take a call with Junior Miller?
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, I know what's going on?
Speaker 3: Like I did, and then Sir Roy was mad at me, like dude, why couldn't you just play it up like and it like went into the weekend like.
Speaker 2: It was a because you're not a fraud. Well, like here's the thing.
Speaker 1: He then he took me to this brothers and they were going to take a picture of me and hang it up on the wall. And I was like, I don't do this, but I and I'm not trying to brag that I caught it. I got lucky that I caught on to what was going on. And I caught onto what was going on, but this killer did a horrible job of selling the pranktor.
Speaker 3: But they were all mad at me because I sniffed it out. And I'm like, well, prank some dumbass, then don't prank me. Oh you're saying the non on air guy did a bad job of setting it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: True, but then I was also going then I think, because you know, memories work, I do think the musers actually think I stole their stuff, which though not really.
Speaker 2: Oh it's good. I think we're good now, but I don't know. All right, where are we in the list? We're more good next?
Speaker 3: Coming up next, we'll continue this list and find out any other pranks that Kat was able to swash before they happened. Banan Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle don't forget. We're going to be at the Chalk Talk Casino and Resort on Friday doing the show from three to six. Come join us up there. Now, let's get back to KT and part two of The Dallas Observer's Best Tex Mex Restaurants in Town. You got through four, so it was eight to get to her. E Bar text mes off hash school.
Speaker 2: Yes it's good. Yes, let's have always heard of Ebar, never been.
Speaker 9: It's packed all the time.
Speaker 3: It's not a real big place, but yes, it's packed all the time. It's worth it, they say. The sour cream chicken Enchilada was on their one hundred Dishes in Dallas. Dude, that used to be my go to I've never been to this place, but that used to be my absolute go to text Max order.
Speaker 2: It's a jam.
Speaker 6: It's so good.
Speaker 2: It's a jam. Wow. Jefferson Boulevard El Ranchito, that's.
Speaker 9: Right by me.
Speaker 2: I've never had l Rangeeto.
Speaker 9: I don't think we've been there yet.
Speaker 2: Wait is it open? Twenty four to seven.
Speaker 3: Doesn't say is it right down from the Kestler. I have been to a text right down from the castle. I've been there and I didn't know the name of it because when I was stumbling there. It's three in the morning after a concert.
Speaker 9: But it's packed, it looks it looks awesome. The sign looks real old school and it's packed all the time too.
Speaker 2: I have been there. It's good.
Speaker 1: Also on Jefferson, there's Gonzales Restaurant. Maybe you're talking about that one.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of good options off Jefferson at three am. Yeah, Herrera's oak Cliff hold On. We've definitely been to Herrera's.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know that he was a great shortstop for the Rangers, Toby for many years. Yeah, Toby Hara Men's right was Toby Herrera Toby had adam thirty combination plates there in addition to apps and specials. That's there's no way they could rig that with thirty combinations? Can people even read menus that are that big? Now, that's too much reading for people, right, it's a.
Speaker 9: Little too much anxiety for me.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know like that one reads anymore. We all skim. It's like when they hand you, oh god, what's on air?
Speaker 3: When they hand you the menu at cheesecake factory, you feel like you have to pay tuition?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yes, how much do I owe you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god? Do I get three credits for this?
Speaker 9: Or?
Speaker 2: Don't worry?
Speaker 3: Baker Mayfield's outside and he'll take you in his s uv and knock off some of those funds.
Speaker 2: La comedia is that kitchen? Is that the food? Food?
Speaker 3: Food?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Coxina is kitchen.
Speaker 3: But it's law not l right, So it's the feminine food, it's masculine. It's a comedo el food. I'm fluent, it's been I mean, speaking of speaking of generic names, is the Boy still open? The Boy?
Speaker 2: El Chico Chico? Way back in the day. I love going to al Chico. All right, let's go to the Boy and get some food.
Speaker 3: I love going to Al Chico and ordering some American chicken strips as a kid. Maybe that's what the Dave Matthew songs about. Show me the menu, They show me the whole minden, little boy, show.
Speaker 2: Me the menu. Whatever I say, alright, a lot of little boy. Well whatever gets you in the rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Am I right? Hell? You'll pool on anybody to get in there.
Speaker 3: One of my favorites, uh Lost Palmis. This is down on a Route Street.
Speaker 1: It's the same guy that runs Mike's Gemini twin the Oh yes, yes, Palmas is dope.
Speaker 2: Dude, get a reservation.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Mike's Jim and I Disco Soul Party twin Lounge and they have the hot dog roller.
Speaker 2: I wonder if this spot has like a Taketo roller.
Speaker 9: It looks super nice inside. Is it two stories or no?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. If it is, I didn't go up there. I was.
Speaker 3: I was had be a patio guy because I had the reservations inside.
Speaker 2: Would you go? Do you get Arnie Palmas to drink?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, but I should? Which is half tea, half lemonade or what else? That's it?
Speaker 1: It can't be just those what it is nice lost palmis. Everyone should go trying Mariano's Haciendo ranch. Yep, is that the one that's got the huge bear?
Speaker 3: Oh well I don't that is a hat siendo ranch.
Speaker 2: But what was the first part. I don't think that's Mario Mariano's has sienda. That must be a different one without a bear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one's on Skillman opening nineteen seventy one on Greenville Avenue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's different joint. It's this is the guy who may invented the frozen margarita machine. Oh it is this is Mariano Mariano Martinez. Really I thought, wasn't that a brinker thing? That wasn't a chili thing. Didn't they invent the margarita?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I know a guy from Dallas did? They just perfected it? Okay, okay, Well there's just been a big cock fight about that over the year. It does have a giant beer on the inside.
Speaker 2: Kt Okay, is it then it is?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I never won.
Speaker 3: I always have just called it la Hacienda Ranch. I think that was racist for Katie to call it a cockfight.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, they have each one has their Maybe maybe you're right, yea, Pepez and Mito's. I've heard a lot about this. This is off Elm Street. Never been uh deep Elm.
Speaker 1: Very good guy. Fiery actually went and made this one of his stops.
Speaker 2: Got his hair dye everywhere.
Speaker 3: Went back there, told them their food was great, ate it, then moved on to his next spot.
Speaker 2: He never criticized any of these places, snorted a line of pepsid.
Speaker 3: And then off Lemon Avenue, MIA's, tex mex Okay, of course, obviously Jerry and Jimmy the photo. I'm I'm I'm pretty sure that that's the same family that started Mekosina. I think me Cosina is a split off of that family. But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I just always thought that was the case. I just I'm realizing I live so far away, so far away from everything.
Speaker 2: None of those places are within an hour.
Speaker 3: Of realizing every single one of them is south of six thirty five?
Speaker 2: Is that the whole list?
Speaker 11: That's it?
Speaker 3: Okay, And there's three that I would think need to be on there. One is, and I don't know if it's Vassino or Vaccino. It's right over by Berger Schmerger.
Speaker 9: Probably Vosino.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a good little neighborhood. Text mech spot, it's really really good. I've been there a couple of times. I love Bandidos and Snyder Plaza. Oh yeah, I think it's great. And man, it's a partial family friend. But it's a Dallas institution and Dallas Observer once said it's the best hangover taco in town. Tupanambas. Yeah, Twope's tacos good, Twopie's rules, shout out to Panamas.
Speaker 2: All Right, there you have it.
Speaker 3: There's the food news of Double Dose before we get out of here. In the last thirty minutes of the show, Don't Go Anywhere, we got an update on the prison break, and then we turn up the Benin skin wayback Machine and we listen to some sports infernos. We're going to keep you smiling on your drive home. Don't Go Anywhere. The Ben and Skin Can Ben Skin Show continues next and now it's time for Basis Day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt F on tweets.
Speaker 7: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, we told you about the New Orleans prison break, where ten inmates escaped through a hole in the wall behind the toilet and sink fixture, and on the wall they wrote we innocent and too easy.
Speaker 2: Lol.
Speaker 1: As of yesterday's reporting, three of those men had been found, seven still on the loose. They have found one more. Okay, so we're down to six on the lamb.
Speaker 2: That was really funny.
Speaker 1: Four have been caught. But the big development is this a maintenance worker has been arrested.
Speaker 2: Helping them.
Speaker 1: Thirty three year old Sterling Williams shut off the water at the jail allegedly, and then it allowed them to remove the metal toilet and the sink fixture from the cell wall. He He claims one of the inmates threatened to quote shank him if he did not help them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough dilemma. You guys called this.
Speaker 3: You guys guess there was a you know, what do you do in that situation? Either get shanked, help them risk going to prison, or just quit.
Speaker 2: I put him by two weeks.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say he is very, very stuck to the idea of no narks, because it just seems to me, since the guy's already in prison, that you could go to the warden and go that guy threatened to shank me if I didn't help him Britain and then they can put him into the thing right then what if the shank is out though, like you, there's no time to go to the warden.
Speaker 9: Well, but you tell him like, yeah, I'll do it right now, and then instead.
Speaker 3: Of going to do it, like he didn't get to walk around with you with a shank next to you until you walk to shut the water off. I feel like you, guys are I'm following you, I see you, I hear you, I understand you.
Speaker 2: But here's the problem.
Speaker 3: I think we're just assuming that the warden's highly available. I'm gonna admit I haven't been to prison in a long time, so things may have changed. But it seems to me that like prisoners may just be threatening people all the time right in its prison of life. And I feel like if you go tell the warden on somebody that it's not gonna work out good for you no matter what, or why couldn't you do this? Why couldn't you go through with it and tell the warden in advance? I was threatened with this, So let's have the whole crew. They're ready to just grab the guys and stick them in in solitary confinement for trying to break out, and then I've told you what I'm doing, so we're in on it, like when I wore a wire for the FBI, Like we went through the paces, dude, So you'd immediately have to go get a job somewhere else. You couldn't be around convicts knowing that you just busted ten of them.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad at the age of eleven, I changed my career path because I grew up wanting to be a maintenance worker at a prison profit and when I decided, you know, broadcasting could be fun.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So also, the inmate's left the jail doing these three things, and I just wanted to see what you guys thought would be the hardest thing to do of these three things for you personally. They left the jail through the loading dock, okay, so you have to jump off the loading dock. They scaled a wall, and then they ran across Interstate ten, which I could do.
Speaker 3: You guys think you could do all the trifecta. There's no way I would break a leg and at least one of those things.
Speaker 9: My knees started hurting as soon as you said jumping off.
Speaker 2: The loading the same here, Like, I could not do that, that would hurt. I don't even like taking the stairs. I'm not. I'm just gonna say, I'm just gonna do life.
Speaker 3: What about the story where old ten prisoners got arrested at the loading dock because they were unwilling to jump off of it? Oh my god, you know what's so funny about that video when they are all jumping off of it and they're all on a single file line running, probably just adrenaline bump and probably some giggling going on. Go back and watch that same video, but superimpose the Peanuts music on top.
Speaker 2: I know, seriously, it's kind of funny to watch it.
Speaker 1: So, a civilian employee of the sh af's office was the only person monitoring security systems in that part of the jail where the escape occurred. But he had left his station at that time to go get some food. Okay, what is that he went to pee?
Speaker 2: Was that another story I saw?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And in fact, our buddy Mike p textans he goes man, there's a story that says that guy wants to take a pee.
Speaker 2: When that happened, he says he went to get food in the new York Times. But you know, multienant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Mike p is reporting that he went to take a week Okay, so uh yeah, and that guy's not being questioned that he left his post at the exact time he had to go get his third hot dog, and his roommates with Sterling Williams.
Speaker 2: It all seems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'd only had two hot dogs for lunch, so he was going at dinner time to get his third and fourth hot dog because he was starving.
Speaker 2: Gay, I respect that he had an appetizer hot dog.
Speaker 3: He was many times he ran down to Mike's Gemini Lounge and was waiting to get some right off the right, off the left, another appetizer hot dogs, just to get started.
Speaker 1: Here, doesn't he Usually this might just be an understaffing thing, but usually you would go, hey, man, can you watch the cameras for a minute. I'm famished. I gotta get my fifth hot dog? Dude, Why doesn't anybody do that? Like we have sliders, why not have tiny hot dogs? Excuse me, fny hot hot dog apetizers?
Speaker 3: Excuse me, waiter, what's the difference in the entree hot dog and the appetizer?
Speaker 1: Why is it the warden bringing these up like an order and just kind of keeping his staff doing what they're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 2: Right, and you need some replenishment. Aren't those pigs in a blanket?
Speaker 3: Those are pigs in a blanket, for sure, a little smoky, but well does the croissant make it that? Yeah, it's a little hot dogs in a bunt normal. I've always thought it was a pancake and sausage made it a pig in a blanket?
Speaker 2: Oh, never noticed?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Coming up next, we crank up the Wayback Machine. Don't go anywhere. This is coming up in less than three minutes. We're gonna get you laughing on your way home. We return to the Sports Inferno in just over three minutes. Next, the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. As you know, we BFD on Sunday, May twenty fifth, Dosaki's Pavilion, headline by Chevelle and Marilyn Manson. It's going to be incredible and we're gonna give away some tickets right now using the iHeart app.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do?
Speaker 3: You're going to use the talkback feature and the third person to leave their name, their phone number, and their email address. And can answer the question. In the Today Game, we celebrated David Letterman for what reason? What happened on this day in history for David Letterman. We talked about it during the Today Game. The third person who knows who has their phone number, email and their name right there on the talkback feature, you are going.
Speaker 2: To win BFD tickets. Good luck everybody.
Speaker 3: This second ride her is brought to you by Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Salina, Texas. At ME and Been are partners in and we are getting real lit for all things that involve Playoff Hockey. For all the games, We're going to be open at Rollertown beer Works and we're going to be cranking with good food, shoals, crushable pitchers, those are our pilsners, our loggers, things like that. We're gonna have green beer, green cocktails. The game sound will be on. We got that gigantic TV right there in the tap room, perfect for watching playoff hockey. And then we're gonna have good food Wednesday Gothic pizza, and then Friday and Sunday during the game Mueller Wagu which is incredible food.
Speaker 2: So make it up to Rollertown.
Speaker 3: You can also pick us up to go at places like Tom Thumb, HGB, Total Wine, and more so many different places. Thank you for supporting Rollertown Beer Works. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 6: It's time to Doleburg.
Speaker 2: It is that time. The Sports Inferno is back.
Speaker 1: If you don't know who that is quickly, I can tell you it's Carl Spoon and Rational Bill. And if you're new to the show, this would be somewhat of a prank interview. It's more of an interview with a blogger for the Red Sox whatever blog they were doing, probably Green Monster Nation or something, a guy named Brian.
Speaker 2: This will take us back to the year twenty fifteen.
Speaker 3: But if you're not familiar with these prank interviews, basically, you know, these guys agree to be interviewed because they're dying to be interviewed, and so the listeners in on the prank, and we're in on the prank. The only person who doesn't know what's a prank is the guy getting interviewed. And we're kind of making fun of sports talk radio with the weird pairings, the juxtaposition between two weird hosts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, we just have fun with all of it.
Speaker 3: I kind of always felt like it was improvisational sketch comedy in which one of the members didn't know what was happening.
Speaker 2: He was in on improvisational sketch comedy.
Speaker 3: So here it is Sports Inferno, Red Sox blogger Brian on this day a long time ago.
Speaker 7: Welcome back to the Sports.
Speaker 2: Inferno Inferno with Choral and Rational Bill.
Speaker 3: Won.
Speaker 5: Come back to the Inferno at Simon to heat it up in this It's.
Speaker 2: Your boy Carl's Food, Rolling.
Speaker 5: Strong on a Tuesday afternoon with my main man, Rational Bill.
Speaker 7: How you feeling today, Rational Bill?
Speaker 11: I woke up and had a little bit of a fever, but I feel pretty good.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: You're a warrior.
Speaker 5: The Rangers better get their act together in Boston against the Boston Red Sox.
Speaker 7: We thought we'd check in with the enemy.
Speaker 5: We're going behind enemy lines and today from the over the Monster blog. I know you've read it as you keep up with Mike Napoli and Robbie Ross. We're joined by Brian Joyner. Brian, how you doing. Welcome to the damn Inferno.
Speaker 10: Thank you. It's good to be here.
Speaker 7: Brian. I'm pissed off about Deflategate. What is your thoughts on this? What does it mean?
Speaker 10: I very much wanted Robert Kraft to do everything he could do.
Speaker 6: My god, you gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 7: You've gotta be kidding me, Brian.
Speaker 5: That's a disgrace to sports for that so called man to take a dump over all his fellow owners. I think it's the damnest christ Brian Joyner.
Speaker 7: E Brian your thoughts.
Speaker 10: I'm just happy we have the trophy because if we didn't win, this would be miserable.
Speaker 11: The people in the Boston area respect Tom Brady.
Speaker 7: Great question, rational bility, Brian.
Speaker 10: Uh yeah, but I don't think that they are rational about it.
Speaker 2: Well, still have the Green Monster.
Speaker 5: The interesting follow up over the Monster blog is Brian Joyner, So what is the fallout up there on the playgate?
Speaker 10: Everyone is waiting now to see if Brady will get a reduced suspension, and he already knows that, and I think everybody assumes that.
Speaker 2: That is what's going to happen.
Speaker 11: I feel like a Brady's pretty good and the punishment is good, but maybe it's not as it's not too much, but it's okay, just the right amount of four games Brian, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 10: Were your thoughts Brian Cougan?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: That being damn travesty? Are you if they ever don't say to games, I'm gonna be pest off rational.
Speaker 11: Bell dak to see where they would do it. I can't say it, hell though, I can see both sides. I can see why you would keep it it for and why you would make it to.
Speaker 10: What side are you on, Brian, don't be a okay then no?
Speaker 9: Damn?
Speaker 2: Hey, Brian, you remember that year that dead or Andy Moss? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Good question.
Speaker 2: Who's your favorite cowboy of all time?
Speaker 10: I really liked them when he played What a.
Speaker 7: Front runner this guy is?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: I like the old time Yardist leader.
Speaker 11: One of due my favorite with Gen Gamp. You like the Shark, he just hustled so much. I like Biddle Bass too hard worker?
Speaker 6: Brian.
Speaker 11: Yeah, do you like Kiddy gamp who he's a special teams player. But I don't like the front running superstars as much as I like the other day.
Speaker 10: The Marion Barber when he was good to watch.
Speaker 2: Mary and Barber was a running back.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, I know you of those.
Speaker 5: Arts in Rational Bill talking to Brian Johnson, I'm sorry, Brian Joyner.
Speaker 7: Brian Johnson's the lead singer of a c d C. Do you like a c d C?
Speaker 2: Brian?
Speaker 10: Of course?
Speaker 7: What's your favorite a c DC song?
Speaker 10: I don't know. Thunder Struck, Oh that's.
Speaker 7: But you know what that one about your rational Bill, there's a good one. I'd love to hear you sing it.
Speaker 11: Don there donder to roll and may.
Speaker 7: Bolting out a c DC. Who's your favorite band?
Speaker 10: Brian, oh Man, I don't know whichever one? The Patriots like?
Speaker 7: God, what a bench rider you are.
Speaker 11: You're trying to antagonize this with your talking about the Cowboys and Patriots, But I want to talk to Red Sacks.
Speaker 2: Wait, are they good this year?
Speaker 10: They're okay, not as bad as the Rangers?
Speaker 2: But wow, is Robbie Ross a closer?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 10: Who?
Speaker 2: Whatever happened? Is he still in playing the baseball?
Speaker 10: I mean, I guess he's you guess I.
Speaker 7: Thought you're a rat Sox blogger. You gotta be on top of this, Brian. We gotta know what is Robbie Ross's roll.
Speaker 10: He's a left handed guy who gets a couple outs or doesn't get them, and it comes out of the game.
Speaker 11: He was left handed here too, I remember him still left handed.
Speaker 7: Up in Boston. We're talking to an expert broh troiter.
Speaker 2: On they over the mother in fun of my question. I can tell you how no, no, no, not a baseball guy.
Speaker 6: I'm okay.
Speaker 2: I'm a football expert and none of baseball.
Speaker 5: And he's talking about European football. He's a soccer guy. Yeah, any soccer questions for rational.
Speaker 10: Bill Brian Uh, who does he think is gonna win the Champions League final?
Speaker 2: Follow fah, yes.
Speaker 8: You never, my god, having brought Brendan Time's voice come in every time with that stupid explosion, Carlsman can roll with anything and turn it into sports content.
Speaker 7: All right, what do you think? What's your favorite a song?
Speaker 1: It's amazing too because it really was a situation though, like asking Ben who was going to be in the Champions.
Speaker 2: Track he told him about was an expert? Asked me one question that I could I ask?
Speaker 9: He got a little exit.
Speaker 8: Was that your tattoo? Do you remember when Randy Moss plaited? And then who's your favorite cowboy?
Speaker 2: My favorite line is that he was left handed when he was here too.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was a good way to ended Tuesday. Man, I'm smilling old big Wow. So back in the day, Kat used to go into the Rangers clubhouse and grab audio. I'll never forget when he walked up to Robbie Ross, he looked him dead in the eye and he said.
Speaker 2: DM me for socks and panty purchases.
Speaker 3: And Robbie Ross passed, that's gonna do it for us. Christina is gonna stick around and play some tunes here on the Eagle.
Speaker 6: Here you going, well, I'm gonna get my sock back.
Speaker 2: Dude had enough fun in games al art