Speaker 1: Hey, everybody. So here's the thing. So here's the thing. Everybody in Tuesday. Welcome to the Giant Podcast. I have your host for this week, Nikki Grayson, with me as always, I have a cavalcade of chuckle fucks, and we're gonna we're gonna talk about video games. But I'm just want to walk us all through what happened. Sean goes, listen, you know where the key is the music will happen. You're watching the stream, right, And I said absolutely, But yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure. I click on the stream, the music starts for two seconds and then I get a big error on the scream that says streaming pause dermashun has minimize the application sit.
Speaker 2: Well, that's it. That's it for me. I came back for a second. I was, I came back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but welcome.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure the music went through everyone at home.
Speaker 1: That's all that matters is that we made it here together on this fine Tuesday, April eighth, at nine to eleven am. What does it mean? That's true? All facts with me, as always, this is the normal cast for the show, always has been, always has been, and always will be. I have Sean Turbashawn McDowell, Hello, Sean.
Speaker 3: Hi, as everyone knows deep within you spiritually, there are two jams. We have host Jan and producer Jan. I took both of the GB kids to uh you know, complete that jam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, two guys is one guy. Sometimes. I also have the bad boy of games media, Mike Manati do so many bad things.
Speaker 4: I must still be the bad boy of Gabe, Like how bad I am?
Speaker 1: Listen to my bad voice. Always say that your voice is so bad, Mike. But Michael Jackson Yeah yeah, Uh, Dan Reiker, how are you on this fine day?
Speaker 5: I'm doing all right and I'm feeling fine. I woke up and had a breakfast and coffee like always, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, dude, listen. As long as you can have that, nothing bad can happen. And the continued co captain of this ship that frankly, I didn't understand why your co captaincy does not afford you the ability to become captain when the other captain is gone. I'm busy. Ah yeah, Jeff, Hi, I'm here.
Speaker 2: You said bad the Michael Jackson bad, And it took me several seconds to decode which Michael Jackson bad?
Speaker 1: We were talking about. It's kind of a.
Speaker 2: Numerous bads. Now anyway, you think, okay, so we couldn't get the UK switch to. Do you think we maybe I'm like about to call off store in.
Speaker 5: France and we Russian switch ts. We were trying to British ones. Today, I think Russians get Russian switch to. Actually, so do Russians have video games?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think they get video games in this moment in time from other countries due to trade embargoes and all that stuff. They're an a war with Ukraine and so they don't usually right now.
Speaker 1: They don't get a lot of stuff.
Speaker 5: PlayStations in Russia.
Speaker 2: I think they had previously had PlayStations, but they started a new war through Ukraine. That put anyway, can't don't worry about it. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: Don'try about it. I'm Jaesius. Seriously, you can't. If you wanted to go to Russian best buy right now and buy a PlayStation, you couldn't. You can't do it. If you got a PlayStation from before, or a guy got you a PlayStation and brought it to you, you could probably connect it and use it.
Speaker 5: But they make PlayStations in Japan, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but the Japan likes to do business with the United States, and the United States has embargoes with countries that try to do make money from Russia right now, and we'll put you know, we'll put a like secondary embargoes on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's almost like you can't just make blanket decisions kind of unilaterally for no reason because it'll have what some people can it seems so. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They also we'll talk about this in the news, but they delayed pre orders in Canada, and I'm just we stop making them hate us, Like, I know, we're doing a good job ourselves, but that's yet another reason why they're going to be unhappy with us. I don't know what I'm gonna do. Like, do you guys think the switch to is actually gonna make the June fifth launch date?
Speaker 1: Nope? Yeah, I think it'll make the date. I think it will also be seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's more likely. At this point, I had.
Speaker 1: No idea it's going to happen. I have no idea. It's everything's weird, yep. I will switch to though, Yeah, No, that's the thing, right, It's like you just want it would be nice to have the toy should be able to machine toy. Yeah, that would be really nice. Can I talk about holiday in for a second? Yes, Okay, I was in Yes, exactly. The hotel was a holiday in. I was in leverk in Utah yesterday.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 1: I went to Zion National Park.
Speaker 5: That's a great national park. I've been at.
Speaker 1: Place, fucking love it, delightful zone to be in. I was in the newest holiday in in Utah, which is the leverk in Utah holiday and which is outside of the park. Why is, Why are holiday inns like that? What's wrong? Elaborate? They feel liminal in a way that feels impossible to have designed, but a person, a team of people intentionally made them that way.
Speaker 2: You said, so, you said it's the newest holiday in holiday inn in Utah, which I think is a weird sentence. But we'll move past that part of it, the.
Speaker 1: One that it's just the one that they built and opened the most recently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but just like knowing that is there's something weird, like like all holiday ends just have always been their day. It does it like still look like a holiday inn? Like have they updated this.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it looks like a hospital building. Yeah, okay, so like yeah, yeah, inside it that it faces to the to the where sun sets in the west. To the west it faces a big dirt lot, and then across the way you can see a supermarket and then it's the most beautiful landscape you've ever seen in your life. And then on the other on the back side, it is the second most beautiful landscape you've ever re seats in your entire life.
Speaker 2: You're describing like most holiday and like the holiday an is very nostalgic for me. That's where my family would say when we were like doing car road trips across.
Speaker 1: The you know, the Midwest.
Speaker 2: We wouldn't go very far, but like, yeah, the holiday inn is where I had the indoor outdoor pool, like you could swim under a wall and winter and it was all heated and that was really cool. And then you would swim back inside and it was just like the self contained. Like they would try to put a lot of outdoor greenery in a holiday inn, like in a space like this, but it's still had like tile everywhere, like everywhere you look, just Tilele Holiday Inn is very weird. I think the tile helps to make it feel extraliminal, like the space between places.
Speaker 5: It's the newest one, like was it like built in nineteen ninety four they finish.
Speaker 1: They finished construction at the end around the end of last year. Oh wow, yeah, it's like internet new stuff. Now they do have they have internet. The TVs don't work. Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Lognet yeah, Lognet.
Speaker 2: They have Lognet in sixty four lots.
Speaker 1: God. I remember saying at the Jolly Roger in which was outside of it's outside of Disneyland, and they had the loget and sixty four and I was like, wow, this is the best day of my life. And I said, Mom, can we play it? And she said no, And I said, okay, well I think that's because its got an hour or some Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We got in the room and my parents. But for me when I was this age, it was a super Nintendo Lodget. My parents saw that and they just knew it's like we're gonna have to get this, like sorry, like I was surprised they said yes, but they actually did. And then I played what's the Blizzard Weird Shooter with the guy Thorn Black Blackthorn Black, Yes, yeah, I played Blackthorn.
Speaker 5: I always loved like if you had like you know, uh, as a kid, you had a sleepover something and you rent, like you know, we only had Genesis in my mom's place. The Super was my dad's and so it's like, oh, I got to rent Superintendo the new you know, Mortal Combat two is great on there whatever, and they give you like a little case like an Agent forty seven cass. It's like, you know, hard backed and stuff, and you open it up and it's it's a clam show with like spots for the trollers and everything, and it's like, oh, we got three days of Super Nintendo's.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The only time I rented a console was when they did it for Dreamcast before it even came out at Hollywood Video, I believe. And that was amazing. Go back to that liminal like space thing, like like that's been the trend forever now, was just making things more and more spartan and just kind of like minimalists. And I was like, I was over it ten years ago. It's like, well, good thing about trends is that they go away eventually, and they somehow still are pushing it. I'm not expecting us to go back to the nineties where every McDonald's has like a giant statue of a chicken McNugget, and then the McDonald's itself is the shape of a chicken McNugget. I do should definitely more in that direction againstead of just everything being a white box.
Speaker 1: And wonder, let's go around the horn.
Speaker 5: How much would each of you pay for Remember the old sixty four and I think they might have done GameCube chaos at McDonald's where it's like all attached to the thing if it was a work anything with the screen for controllers. What what is the maxim amount you would pay for that? This is something I think about a lot.
Speaker 2: I would probably for dollars, Yeah, I would probably. I mean I've seen things like that. I'm the mic the Dreamcast one that you share keep showing up on three thousand.
Speaker 5: The first group that's just for kiosks and stuff like that, and it's like, man, they sell for quite a bit.
Speaker 1: I would probably go up to like twenty five hundred three twenty five hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, key difference for the McDonald's one, not much, but for like the stand up GameCube one like at Walmart or whatever, you know, toys R us that one probably, like, yeah, a couple of grand for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm lucky. I'm looking at a listing for on the Electronic Bay the Nintendo GameCube Kiosk replacement part controller, which is the one that has the little the soft sleeve on it. They want five thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: For ye and it's sex to because like man, I work to make it a Funko Land and GameStop from like two thousand to two thousand four and I got all of those things. I had a giant Warrior World thing that was like a warrior throwing a bunch of coins in the air that I would kill for now. And you can't move these things around there They're big and I'll come something. God, I would kill the heaven.
Speaker 4: The one thing I had, I had the Mario Galaxy one Kiosk that like did have a battery so it's spun around. It was just cardboard, but it was like, you know, three dimensions and it spun around. And I had that thing going for a while to it just eventually disintegrated.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so of Chets's like they think kiosks are lame? Why do I like them so much? Is it just that like when I was using them, I.
Speaker 4: Had such a like it's this desire to plays having like a vending machine in your house.
Speaker 1: Teams cool, It's like, well, that doesn't belong here. I used to a part of it.
Speaker 5: As as a kid, I would go into Blockbusters and I remember I did this for the Rock the Action film, not Dwayne and they had a big display thing and it was like three D and it was just a giant explosion with heads of Ed Harris and Nick Cage and Chunk Connery and had quote from Roger Eber that said a slam bang action thriller. And I loved it, and so I asked them. I was like, hey, when you're done with that, what do you do with it? And they're like, oh, we just throw it away. It's like can I have that? And they put my name on the back of it. And so I had that all through high school. In junior high in my room, this giant cardboard the Rock House. But they kept doing I kept going in and they just throw these things away, and so I in my room as a kid, I had all these action movie cardboard things all over my room.
Speaker 3: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that rules. My My grandpa used to work for Warner Brothers in like the market, like the print marketing department, and then eventually that company got spun off. So the amount of like my biggest memory is that when Destiny came out, he was like, we're printing the boxes for Destiny and I said hell yeah, and he was like, I think I'll be able to get you one. And at the time, I was like, Oh, that means I'm gonna get the game. That's awesome. I'm gonna get the fucking game. He brought me. So the Destiny one Special Edition came in a big box, like a big white box. It was maybe like maybe like thirteen or fourteen by fourteen, so it was a it was a cube, and it was supposed to it had a bag inside, and then it had like a couple of books that were like art books, and then it was supposed to have the game. It had everything in there except the game in the bag. And he brought me three of them and he was like, congratulations, No, there wasn't. It was just that was before the game code was in there. That was when you bought the special edition. They still sent you the disc whow. It was just the it was just the prayeraphernalia and none of the good stuff. And he brought me three and he was so happy. He was like, I've brought I've brought my grandchild something nice, something that they want. It's Destiny won and here's three of them. And then I said, there's no video game in here. Then I saw the video game one day. I'll not tell a sad story on this program. Does anyone want to talk about video games?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I saw the Micraft movie. Oh shit, Oh okay, tell us do we have movie music the music to the movies with Mike Manati.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's let's get my going to come in on this. That he's getting Nicole kidman in here in the well. The kids really liked it. Okay, well you're a big kid.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. That's a good review. Was the funniest joke, Ah, there was.
Speaker 4: There were some jokes. There was like the hardest thing to get over was Jack Black. This is a wrestling reference that I apologize, but I think all you hear No. When Shawn Michaels fought Haul Cogan, so basically out of bitterness, Sean Michaels became a parody of himself.
Speaker 1: And that's exactly. There's not a bitterness. Sean is a dick.
Speaker 5: But also it was a pure motive of hating Whulle Cogan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like something about Jack Black's performance and this reminded me of that, Like Jack Black became a parody like where I imagine he was doing takes and then the director somebody was like, give us more Jack Black. We need GV more like more Jack Black, Like that's what.
Speaker 1: We paid for. So then he just turned it up to fifteen. And it's the most epodoxious version.
Speaker 4: Of what Jack Black would be if he was turned out by a computer.
Speaker 5: Well that's what it feels like, like, yeah, that's just that's just life.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a wacky character.
Speaker 1: Famous guy with ideas.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's got a rule when Jack Black hays to do all that in the Zelda movie because he's like like we need him tingle Wow, ting will be great.
Speaker 5: Actuallyah go on, yeahd be the one that dances and let's you ender the fire temple.
Speaker 1: Okay on board. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was a it was a dumb nonsense movie that wasn't that. Look I could I could get through it. I've seen a lot of kids movies. I definitely prefer it when I think there's a bit more for like not the kids, like, you know, it's no Lego movie, which like, whoa, I can't believe how good the Lego movie was, right, this one was like, that's exactly how good. I thought the Minecraft movie would be.
Speaker 1: So nuts because it feels like they well but I guess also, the Lego movie didn't make a bajillion dollars actually did it? Oh so why just make the Lego movie? Well, because this one's also.
Speaker 4: Making even more money I think this one's doing. And I mean, like again, like my especially my one niece who really likes Minecraft, was ecstatic and you know, it's like, oh, I cadd all the references and she was telling me about them, smiled spoiler for the post credit scene here, but what it's.
Speaker 3: Fuck a post credits That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I was like, how can Minecraft have a post credit scene?
Speaker 2: You're upset that it's just Minecraft and not that like he's spoiling something.
Speaker 4: I thought you were upset about that, all right? How incredible that. I was like, what could this possibly be? And then it happened, and oh boy, the kids were excited, like, oh my god, I can't believe they like.
Speaker 1: It's basically that I'm like loose tails for by Craft, and I guess there's an answer for that question. Who is the Alex or something? No one cares, No one.
Speaker 4: Look at christ Wow, Okay, that's on you, that's not on spoiler Jason Momoa's character was basically just Armacgregan from Nubes.
Speaker 1: Screenshot is not real. The screenshot that I'm looking at on Forbes dot com is fake. Show me, I'll confirm, deny, cannot be confirm or deny, show me.
Speaker 3: Just say it.
Speaker 2: This is a picture. Jennifer Coolidge, Oh, I just like God, it's the New York Alex.
Speaker 1: It's the HD thing.
Speaker 2: That's oh yeah, Yeah, she's in the movie a lot.
Speaker 1: She doesn't go to.
Speaker 4: So that's a publicity. She dates one of the weird villagers, were the ones with the dank dick knows Yeah she I guess, Yes, she has a romantic tryst with one of.
Speaker 5: Them, just as Marlene, a human woman who falls in love with a Minecraft villager.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was kind of funny. Sometimes the bit went on too long. The bit went on too long, but there is something there. In the end credit scene, Steve returns to the real world and visits the house he abandoned. The new owner welcomes him inside, and though her face is never shown, she you were building tension. She introduces herself as Alex, making her the second defense player's skin to appear in the film with.
Speaker 4: His mom is now Alex is just like the he goes back to the real world, the new owner of the house.
Speaker 5: The new owner of the house, which the real world like like that Trehouse of Horror where Homer goes into the real world and gets a sexy cake.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: Steve is from the real world, but he went to minecraft world for a long time, but then he goes back to the real world.
Speaker 1: Wait to see Mario Mario's Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: In the real world. It's an except like he shouted a rock and then other people get Also.
Speaker 5: He stilln't completely but so it's like real people, real footage. Is that the real world?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? Yea yeah? Wait yeah, do you know nothing about Do you haven't seen a trailer for this movie? What do you think it is? Okay, what happens to? What happens in this A.
Speaker 5: Bunch of cg I think Jack Black is an actual guy that gets I think it's Mario, but Jack Black gets pulled into a Minecraft world and everyone else's blocks and animals are blocks and music guy with a beard.
Speaker 1: That's right. That's all right, Dan, if you ever want to go to is just go. It's a Jumanji.
Speaker 5: It's a I forget. They got pulled into a boardin right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they got pulled into a different world. That's all that matters. Yeah, okay, I get it.
Speaker 1: Some Mario. Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 5: Just yes, absolutely, somebody who has a Last Action Hero that's a direct for me, Like Last Action Hero.
Speaker 2: That's reverse. I guess the kid does go in the movie, so.
Speaker 5: Totally, and then Jack Spader comes into the real world.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah. I saw the Mario movie four times in theaters. I think I did, but I don't remember literally any of it. Powers before he went in, No, just the power of Italian is just okay. So but he couldn't even jump weird or anything like that.
Speaker 4: No, there's nothing special about him except gumption until that moment I believe gets superdumption or moxi.
Speaker 1: So there's.
Speaker 5: So there's no is there any examples of like an actual east Kie that happened.
Speaker 1: Stop, guys, Dan, what are you asking?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know the parameters of easty kai.
Speaker 1: So it's like.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying I know. No one in real life has been pulled into like an alternate universe.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if.
Speaker 5: I if you hit me in the head with a frying pan and I woke up in.
Speaker 1: Peru, is that an easy kai.
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: But at the place, I don't know?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's irrelevant.
Speaker 3: It's literally or other world.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well the guy in the world is another country.
Speaker 1: Guys, they didn't get sucked there. They went there very deliberately.
Speaker 5: Apo the moon. Okay, So what if you hit me in the head of the frying pan and I woke up on the moon?
Speaker 2: I okay, are you aware that the moon exists and every night? But I mean, I know, but when you wake up from the because I think if you woke up from the frying pan hit and you lost memory of all these things, I think you could make an argument that it was Kai like but like no, if you like yes, if he would like had ambution complete ambution, didn't know where he was, and he was discovering the world for the first time, those are all aspects of what East guy's trying to get across.
Speaker 5: He's not Actually, can time be an easy ky? Like was black Knight?
Speaker 1: Martin Lawrence? Ye, black black Knights?
Speaker 3: Yes, times, alternate reality, alternate reality, that's the phrase you need to know. No, no, you trying to tell me about anime, Jeff grub you trying to tell me about anime?
Speaker 1: Kind of Yeah.
Speaker 2: The term definitely gets used for kid in King Garthur's Court and a Yankee or whatever it was when the guy originally wrote it, Yeah, or like enchanted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well that's definitely an.
Speaker 1: For girls play the video game music.
Speaker 2: Darkness A darkness is an easy ky, Yes, Harvey, darkness isn't he's a guy?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah it was fine. I guess I don't want to watch that movie again. Whatever it was, maybe less than fine. Talking about Minecraft ship Dan would hate it, well, I think I did not like it, and I think everyone else would like it much less than me.
Speaker 5: I don't have any ill will towards Minecraft. I've enjoyed Minecraft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you liked Some on the right side and the guy that made it him, I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's no references nobody shut up with that stupid Fedora.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: They were desperately trying to get a Jack Black catchphrase across uh.
Speaker 1: That was kind of trying to get over.
Speaker 4: He kept saying sneak attack and like doing a thing, and at the times it would not be sneaky or even an attack. He kept saying that before he would do things. And that was I know all the kids are freaking out about Chicken Jockey and I don't understand that. And that's that's that's just where I am right now. There's a scene Jack Chicken Jal. There's a little mutant kid who is on a chicken in Minecraft and Jason wants to fight him, and like, Jack Black's biggest job in the movie is to say the names of the things that appear on the screen for the audience, like like no, not joking, like sneak in a flask. Every it's like Jack Black, so that's an ender pearl, or like that's a creeper, and like that's he has the entire time. But when the Chicken Jockey shows up, he has this deliveries like Chicken Jockey, and for some reason, all the all the zoomers and younger than zoomers think this is the greatest thing in the world.
Speaker 1: Well, because the chicken Jockey's rare. It's a rare drop, it's a rare it's a rare mob Yeah, pop hard Okay, wait sorry, did they die in it and come back? Does anyone die in it and come back? Like you can't mind? Like the people?
Speaker 4: You know, there's no, no, the people don't die. They kill a lot of the pigs and they don't seem too upset about it, and some other things seem to die. But only minecraft people died. The humans are They have souls and are protected ansumers like thirty.
Speaker 1: Now are No, they're getting there at the oldest are you? I'm on the cusp? But while I think, what whene were you born? John?
Speaker 3: Same as your ninety five.
Speaker 1: Okay, but when in the year ah manh yeah, I'm a I was born at the end of ninety five.
Speaker 3: They like expanded it out further though it's like yeah, two years.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, we are. We are the youngest millennials on the cusp of gen Z. My sister, the old generation generation messed up.
Speaker 2: Old people in our generation do this movement when we're exciting Okay.
Speaker 1: We're not pumping their youngest gen Z or the oldest gen Z I think is like twenty seven right now, or like twenty twenty five, twenty in between twenty five and twenty seven, depending on how you do the math.
Speaker 5: And jaz zoomers. And then Alpha's Alpha.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they will literally have a generation of Beta's folks. It's time to talk about Blueprints. You've got three folks on the podcast who have played it, well, four didn't like it, which is fine and fair and allowed. I was told that the game worked on the Macintosh. It doesn't, so I haven't played it yet, but please tell me about the game. I still don't think I understand what it is.
Speaker 5: It's hard to explain, isn't it fellas a little bit Yest's.
Speaker 1: Look, explain what people explain? What you think it is?
Speaker 3: It's pipe dream with the witness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not. It's a deck building roguelike card game that you live inside of, is what it is. It's it's it's run based.
Speaker 2: You have a playfield that you walk through, so it's not like a playfield you're placing cards in. You walk into the first room, there's three doors. You pick one of those doors, and then you are given three random cards from your deck that represent rooms, and then you walk into that room and it has certain elements in it that can do things for you for other puzzles. But you are doing this with the goal of getting to a forty sixth room. It's a nine by five playfield where like where you're building out the house and you go in room by room and trying to get to the end, and you'll discover there's a lot more to it than that. Every room's got some peculiarity to it where it can teach you more about the world. And then there are so many more layers and layers and layers of puzzles on top of all of what I just described there. But it does not make that obvious when you first start playing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there are persistent things that happen where it's like because it's easy at first to just kind of keep going and being like, all right, I guess am I just trying to get to the end here. Okay, well nope, I had a dead end. I guess I'll researt the day or whatever. But you start picking up on persistent things. There are first and foremost there's an allowance, so there's like a gold system and there's chop tiles you can place, and so like right now, like every day I start, I've got like thirty two allowance, so I've got like all this money I can spend where it's like in the earlier run thirty two.
Speaker 1: At thirty two.
Speaker 5: Well, here's another thing I've realized is that I might be a real dumbass with this game because I got to like one hundred and thirty days, which is one hundred and thirty runs, and then my save got wiped and then I restarted. But it actually wasn't that terrible because it is very much that like Outer Wild type thing, where like knowledge is the thing. So it was so much quicker for me to get back to stuff after I reset. But now I'm on like day thirty, so basically I've done like one hundred and sixty runs of this game. I'm talking to Minati here on Discord, and Minati like what saw credits at which I still haven't seen credits. Both Manati and Grubb saw credits early. It seemed I.
Speaker 4: Saw I got credits last night at day number thirty two.
Speaker 1: But like, but like you're doing a lot the thing is, yeah, there's so much more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right.
Speaker 4: That's what's great about this game is that you start off in like you can make an idea your head of what it's about. You can look at and like, okay, so it's some kind of roguelike maze game, and then you realize, oh, it's it's more complicated than that, and this aspect of it is deeper, and this aspect of it is deceptive, and everything matters the rooms that you're picking. What is in those rooms where the exits are, If you're using that room too early, are you prioritizing trying to get to a specific room, or are you trying to get to the end of the hallway? What are you looking for in these rooms? It just keeps getting deeper and deeper, and there's so many mysteries in here that don't even necessarily revolve around seeing those credits. I think Dan has done a lot more of those, and I happen to kind of start pulling on some threads that got me sitting here.
Speaker 1: Credits. I accidentally got credits.
Speaker 2: I was working on a million other things where it was like I'm like, I'm aware, I'm trying to get to the this last room.
Speaker 1: I'm setting that aside.
Speaker 2: There are things that I'm interested in between that and now that I'm going to focus on. And then I just kind of set things up in a perfect run where I was like, oh, I think.
Speaker 1: I could just do this right now. Oh my god. I'm like, I'm looking at a map.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I think if I go over there, I could do this, and I could try Let me go try that right now. I happen to have the right room to try to test out this hypothesis. It's a game about like coming up with ideas about what you want to do next, and then that feeds back into the card game aspect. And again I say card game. Don't you're gonna look at this and be like, this is not a card game. It's but you really you've got to play your deck. You have to under you have to have a drafting strategy. The game eventually just starts giving you tutorials about this. If you go, you find certain things where it'll teach you aspects about coming up with a drafting strategy, like if you're trying to accomplish a certain thing, maybe you should be playing your rooms in this way. And I'm like Okay, I have an idea, I'm gonna try to do that, and I just kind of was able to have this perfect run where I had like no keys left and I like found the right room to get some stuff open, and.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I just barely skirted into that last week too.
Speaker 4: I have to say, like that the run where I won, I thought I was cooked, and then guess what I came across that helped me get to the end above it of fucking apples.
Speaker 6: This.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, sorry, does this game have a have a narrative that comes together? Like Outer Wilds? So the thing that I liked so much about Outer Wilds is that, like the the the key into lock was not particularly sometimes it was mechanical, like you you go into the dark bramble and you're like, oh, I get like I oh, I get it now. Yeah, But the the keys into locks that happen in your brain are are narrative ones where you get to a place and you're like, oh, I understand how they specifically and explicitly how they fucked up here and why this is happening, and now I understand what I need to do when I go back to this other place. Is it only so it is narratively keys into locks and mechanically or.
Speaker 5: There are literal keys that go into specific locks and stuff like that. But then there's also things where it's like there are a lot of books, there are a lot of notes that I'm taking screenshots of everything. There are notes, and then if you have a if you encounter this note with a magnifying glass item and you like zoom in on a picture, you might see a code for something, or you might see a little scribbled and erased message that tells you a little bit more context. But yes, if you just want to mechanically get to the endency credits, that can be done. But there is clearly a much larger story here that is being told, where it's like you're learning history of this lore of this kingdom and the people who like inherited this house and the family tree and like this stuff all kind of ties into the actual puzzles and things like that, And there are still I'm forty five fifty hours into it now, I haven't even really needed to go into that yet, but there are definitely things. I know if I want to really see all of this, I will need to have a greater understanding of this I'm trying to decipher languages. I am like it is. There are things where it's like forty five hours in, I'm just now seeing things that Grub reference to me. Uh you know when you were like five hours in where you were talking about like Grub said something about like, oh yeah, I'm thinking about like we're I'm placing the rooms in terms of like the yield.
Speaker 1: Of like crops, and I was like, what the fuck are you?
Speaker 5: Then I just stumbled upon that and I saw something was like, Oh, this is what the fuck Grub was talking about where he's like, oh, yeah, I got I got a bunch of money at the casino.
Speaker 4: I was like casino, m M, like I said, even though I rolled credits, like right like that same run, I opened up this whole other area and I learned about a game mechanic something with sigils, and I'm like, what the hell is this?
Speaker 1: And I still have no idea what that is.
Speaker 2: You'll you'll find out. You're right a point now where're you'll find out very soon and it's like, oh, there's a whole there might maybe just like two other games in here.
Speaker 1: Still I was chess. I just I just done some chest stuff last night. Yes, I'm curious what you selected there.
Speaker 2: Actually, so yeah, I'm yeah, you just got to get to the end of the game with credits, and it's like, okay, I'm going to push forward a little bit further. And it's like, oh, if I want to keep playing this, like I expect to easily double my time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I've got these notes everywhere, and then I've got a Google doctor. I'm literally like pouring over the periodic table while I play this game.
Speaker 1: Rais and shit like that. Yeah, I did hate that. I love I love a game where you finish it and you're not done. Yeah. Like but there is like it's not like I'm not talking live service, but like I'm very explicitly being like, okay, the game is like, well, you did do the thing if you want to get out of here, when you built.
Speaker 2: Up all this knowledge, right, Like it is like it is like a game you play in your head. That's what It's the kind of game I'm into these days. I'm into a lot of games, but definitely I like games that like get in my head and like force me to think about things and all right, well, I've built up all these skills that are only applicable to this one video game. Yes, so I'm not going to stop playinge And.
Speaker 5: A lot of people are asking I've seen people asking like, oh, is this like an Animal world thing where you can see credits and then like there's a bunch of other stuff if you want to keep going. It's like, I guess in just that form that like there's more after the credits. Yes, But like I beat Animal well, I appreciated the Animal well, but I was like I did not feel the hook to like, all right, I don't need to go all the way over there and figure out everything there in the sub level and all this. With this one, I do feel that, like I don't want to stop playing this game. This is so much deeper to me than like an Animal will.
Speaker 2: Just placing the rooms is fun, like just that first dreams element then yes, yeah, the pipe dreams element of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, is that is satisfying?
Speaker 3: All right? Oh kay, I'm gonna trying it in here for a second. First of all, when you guys say runs, do you mean the days?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Okay, So I think that's part of why you guys are thinking of it differently than I'm thinking of it, because when I look at this game, it's important. This was not like stressed to me when I first picked the game up. Ultimately, you are looking at a like, was it eight by eight grid at least to start, Yeah, nine by five, okay, something like that, And what you are ultimately doing is that the game takes place in first person, but you are placing tiles on this grid to build a path to the end room. Again, at least in the beginning, that's what the goal is presented to you as being. And so you need to build a path to that room. And every time you like walk up to a door to place the next path, the next like tile, if you will, you are presented with, oh, you'll have like a straight hallway or a cross shaped hallway, or maybe you'll be a curve. But then there's a puzzle in it. Maybe you can get gems, keys, coins, one of the different current resources.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's that's the base level of what the game is. And so it's not it isn't a deck builder, because it's it's ultimately not card game. No, no, no, hang on, hang on, because you're not specifically correct me if I'm wrong, if it changes later, you are not making a load out. Per se, you are unlocking rooms that can potentially be dealt into the pool.
Speaker 5: Not just that, so you are unlocking rooms, you can also there are rooms where you can adjust the frequency of them.
Speaker 2: So it's like, okay, you can adjust that how frequently they show up, and you can add new rooms to the deck.
Speaker 5: You can get a devil. These two observatories in my deck.
Speaker 1: Now you can deck that you can't get rid of for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but then they're also like, okay, so the parlor is the one that has like a wind up key in the three boxes, and one of them has a gems in it, And then it's like, oh, okay, I was able to find an upgrade disc and I was able to upgrade the parlor and choose how I wanted to do it.
Speaker 1: And it's like, as you go further.
Speaker 5: A lot of these puzzles, specifically the dartboard and the parlor puzzle, people who played well know what I'm talking about, Yeah, very very hard. And so I was able to upgrade the parlor to where, oh I have two wind up keys now, so now it's the sixty six percent chance I can just not even look at the clues and I can just you know, have a better chance of openings.
Speaker 3: Are are you changing the frequency in which that room appears though, or is it a physical element to it?
Speaker 5: You can I can go into the is it the conservatory or something, and I can say like, okay, I want the parlor to show up extremely rarely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're adjusting the rarity of the cards.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's that's a more of a distinction difference, so it doesn't really matter, but okay, just want to I don't.
Speaker 4: Think I don't think it's ever going to like, yeah, it's not going to be a deck builder in that way that you're thinking are once Shawn.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: It's not right those mechanics. Yes, it's like and again it's you are living inside of it, so inherently it's just different. It's the first person solve them up first.
Speaker 3: Something. This is very differently not spoilers. These are mechanics. This is the first hour of the game.
Speaker 2: This is the first This is the game as presented in the trailer.
Speaker 4: It's weird because it's a game you both like, don't spoil it all, but it's also kind of hard to spoil because like Dan and Jeff were just talking about this game while I was like in there before I started playing, and they were talking about things, and it all sounded like complete nonsense to me, because it is until you do.
Speaker 1: It, you do it right. Yeah, right exactly.
Speaker 4: But like, the thing I love about this game is that trying to describe it is so difficult because there's all these things you can compare it to, like deck Builder or Roguelike. It's a mist like it's the bridge, like it's it's amazed like these all these things, and it's like but it's like and it's both not any of those and all of those, and that could so easily turn to a mess of a game. It's combining something really new here.
Speaker 5: It is so cool, the moments where it's like, you know, you could be playing the game for ten hours and then you find this room we've never been into before, and you read one note and you're like, oh, this is what all that shit meant, like this thing I've seen in like every room, and then all of a sudden you're pulling out the paper and you're like, oh, I had no idea. I thought that was just set dressing, and you realize, oh, it's a whole fucking puzzle.
Speaker 2: This is incredible yep, And yeah, I just think it's going to probably click with a good number of people. I think for a lot of people be like this is not for me. I think that is going to happen despite all the really good reviews. But it's on game Pass, it's on places Extra.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was base it right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also a very pretty game too. It's just like not cell shaded, but it's got this great style to it's kind of it's kind of cell shaded, and like just the whole vibe of it is very sort of it's like.
Speaker 1: Creepy serene, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Also, the music, especially when you get to very important points, or you get to a certain like rank on the on the board, or you go to certain areas you haven't been before, some new instruments.
Speaker 1: Kick in and it's like deeply moving. It sounds so cool.
Speaker 2: It's like it makes you feel like you are doing something that is a breakthrough, because you probably are, but they really it really hit. Makes those moments hit very hard for me.
Speaker 5: Here here's the kind of non spoilery thing of just like the type of like ways you think in this game is like I ran into a safe at one point, and it became clear to me that to open the safe, I would need to figure out what because it was like a time release safe and I had to set, yeah, the date and time that it opens, and I can only set up a certain window and it has to be in the future. And that led me to be like, wait, when is the set And I'm just like walking around his house looking at like when am I like and I'm like trying to decipher the date and like that is just one of a million little things that's like, oh fuck, I didn't expect to be thinking like this, you know, And.
Speaker 2: It's it does a nice thing as well, where it's like I did that same thing Dan did, and then the next day I found something that basically just told me and it's like, oh, I did.
Speaker 1: All this work.
Speaker 2: And if I had just got like if I didn't feel like doing the work and I worked on something else, I probably would have just run into the game being like, we're gonna make it easier for you at this point moment. And it does that a lot, like I'm I figure out a lot of mechanics that later I'll find a room that is maybe a little bit more rare, a little bit specialized where you have to do a certain thing to get to a certain level of that room where it's like, okay, at this point where it's going to actually teach you how to do some of these things. Or there's a there's like a library system where you can get certain things that kind of give you just a rundown of house something's work, and they also gives you rundown of the lore.
Speaker 1: Maybe a little bit of both.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, yeah, it's there's like multiple avenues that get to the same solution. And yeah, like very early on to kind of being clever, I found a password that I needed, and then like almost when I beat the game, there was a point where the password was just sort of like in a note somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yes, like deeper what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like, hey, in case you didn't find this yet, you probably should know about this thing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's very smart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then that was one of the first things I found. So when I got that note, I was like, damn it, I wish you would have told me something else that I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Xactly the things.
Speaker 5: Grub made a joke on a stream that was not related to blueprints like two weeks ago, and I was like, I know he's been playing that. I wonder if he said that, because then I typed in the password and he's like password accepted. Yeah, on your mind when you said this word, it's a rogue.
Speaker 4: Like, you know, there's some random elements, but at least from what I seen, the solutions to puzzles are persistent. So it is a game where you can talk to your buddies a bit. And you know, I never like asked Dani Jeflee, like what's the solution to this puzzle? But sometimes I was like, hey, am I crazy? Or is this thing not doing this thing? Or am I you know, like am I missing something here? Just getting some insurances and some nudges was very hopeful.
Speaker 5: And that's been very fun. I would highly suggest that no one look up actual solutions because in the pre release we didn't get on the benefit. But you know, me grubbing Mike, we're definitely in a discord being like am I poking up barking up the wrong tree here? Or Greb definitely helped me with like, oh do this and then maybe go check out this area and like never explicit directions.
Speaker 4: Is there anything else I can do in this room? I did this, this and this, and like no, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, you're just starting to run. You've done everything you can do. Yeah, that's and that's the kind of things that are.
Speaker 1: It's fun.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I want to talk about it. I'm like, that's enough, alright, great. We had a little conversation about this game.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. Yeah, this is the studio's first one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was like written, directed, and kind of like designed all by one person like Conday.
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah that's that. Which, by the way, I had my issue. I got reached out to by the social account and had an email back and forth about my safeting.
Speaker 1: It's just the creator is doing everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just like wow, okay, yeah, incredible, incredible stuff it is.
Speaker 1: It's without a end of the year. Yeah, my friend name of the year so far. Yeah, me too, it's my game of the year so far.
Speaker 4: How did Lucy know? How did Lucy draft this number two? In her Fantasy critic counter Something.
Speaker 2: It's demo did very well, is what I remember saying. God, and I think she might have talked talked to because the publisher's raw fury and raw fury is they got a good track record, but I think this is going to be there.
Speaker 1: This is going to be their ballottro for sure.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, uh, poor poor Jeff Backolar counterpicked it, so that's not gonna be great for Yeah.
Speaker 1: What is it on Open Critic right now? Like is it stole ninety one on Open Critic?
Speaker 4: So that's bonus points when it's a good those are good point, good points.
Speaker 5: This is a special Like I think the comparisons like Outer Wilds are apt. Yeah, yes, it's a different vibe than out of Wild but like I think I'm enjoying it like on that same level. And and and people ask on Animal, well I do like it. I like it more than the Animal. Well, for sure, I like it more than the witness But like these are the type of game is that, Like it makes sense why people are bringing these up, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, like the Witnesses.
Speaker 2: Like for me, like the way that it's just hey, one puzzle right after another, and it builds like very quickly, and that fits with my brain really well, where I'm just like give me the challenge one right after another. I just figured this out. I built up the skill, let me use it. This is a little bit more like, here's one puzzle like this over here, here's one puzzle like that over here.
Speaker 1: But once you.
Speaker 2: Start piecing the whole world together and realizing just how interconnected everything is, it really does rise and kind of surpass something like the Witness. For me, it's just like I'm in that moment still right now.
Speaker 5: I love where it's like you've been seeing something throughout and it's just been like, Okay, yeah, I see that. I don't really have to worry about that now. But then, like I'll get a message from grub me like I'm at the point where I have to understand this thing.
Speaker 2: It's that there a little bit too, so I'm like excited to go back and play more.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: God, so that one big message. I'm like, what does this mean?
Speaker 4: It works really hard to get this message, and I gotta figure out what this means. But yeah, I like The Witness, Obra dand those are games I like but but didn't and love. So if you were like cool on those, don't be worried about trying this one out still maybe because yeah, this one, there's just something about those games would get up to to me or I just wasn't on the wavelength. Sometimes I felt on the wavelength of this one the entire time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like just getting those items and at a point where I'm like, I got credits and I never really did much with these tools you get, and it's like, Okay, now I'm doing that.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, that's opening up whole new things for me as well.
Speaker 5: Spend some time in the workshop. You can make some more.
Speaker 2: Get in the workshop, everybody, for sure.
Speaker 1: Good game, incredible. I love it again. That is blue prints, which you can score. Is a pun by the way on because blue prints.
Speaker 3: That's the long time.
Speaker 1: Sean. There's a new Katamari.
Speaker 3: There's well on a bunch of stuff. It's on Apple Arcade, and so you can play it on your phone, on your iPad, on your Mac, on your Apple TV. I'm stalling while I get the headline up. But yeah, I'm playing out on my phone right now.
Speaker 5: If I don't want to pay a subscription, but I do really like Katamari, how do I play it?
Speaker 3: Suck up and I spend seven dollars, Dan, it's seven dollars for Apple every month.
Speaker 1: No you can, I'll forget. No, just do it as soon as you cancel, just go to the apisode give them seven dollars. You can get it for one month. No, you subscribe and then before you can eat, before you even start anything, you just go into the settings that you just type in subscriptions and you just cancel it. Yeah, and then they don't get you. Okay, I'll tell you anyways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm playing on my phone. I don't currently have a controller from my phone, and I wish the touch controls were a little bit better. It's it's probably what you guys think of the older ones in the room when you think of touch controls, where it's like, why I say touch controls, you probably think of like the old iPod touch games where it's like a static analog stick on screen.
Speaker 2: That's how I control my robot lawnmower.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do that in here, and that's just so outdated. Nowadays games do it where like when you put your thumb on the screen, like the circle like goes around your thumb and then like if you lift it and then press it down again, you'll like adapt to that. Yeah. So touch controls aren't great, but what is great is the game in general. I think it's it's just a new Katamari. You know, remember Camar Damas from back in the day, Ps. Two and everything. Yeah, it's fun having this if you've never played it. This play as the Prince, this little dude, you know, in a human world and you have this little ball that's about you know, it's it's not non It this little couple inch high, little little sticky thing that you roll around to like pick up objects, and then the objects all collect together after you've been rolling around for a while and turns into a planet at the end. Is what's going on there. What's funny about this is that bringing Backhead of Mari, they put a spin on it where the King of all Cosmos is a streamer. Now he's a twitch streamer, Oh yeah, but he's the King of all Cosmos, so he's an asshole and doesn't want to do the streaming himself, so his streams are all the Prince rolling up Katamari's that like his collaborators say we should do.
Speaker 1: It's like, hey, hey, I want to do a short. Shorts are all the.
Speaker 3: Rage right now. He's like, all right, Prince, you know what that means. You need to roll this up in a short amount of time. It's like dumb wordplay like that they also do sort of. I was talking about this with Warrio World, where Warrio can get away with things that other characters can't, and so the King of all Cosmos will just like have textboxes that pop up directly over your screen, like where you need to be looking, and it would be like, hey, pay attention to me because I'm the streamer. Like it's the kind of thing where like in any argument, I love that. But yeah, they're doing intentionally, so it's like funny and if.
Speaker 2: You all Cosmos is a great character, I'm glad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, if you if you hit the skip bun like, you get one more textbox that says, oh no, I'm being ignored and then it goes away. It's just a delightful little game. It is. It's been so long since I played a Kadamory that I don't remember exactly how it played out, but there is a three star system now. They had something like that where you got like bonuses for doing more I think.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but that feels so explicitly mobile game coded it like that's that's an angry bird's vocabulary. That is like the translated over to mobile. I remember trials.
Speaker 3: But yeah, the thing is it absolutely works for Katemori because it's a very like Arcadie sort of score ish based thing, so it makes sense to have like, okay, you know, hit this goal within a timeline or a finish or get it like twice as big to get the extra star or you know, three times it's big to get the extra star. Stuff like that. And yeah, like I said, it's in Apple Arcades, so it's you know, it's like to Apple devices for now, which is a bit of a bummer. Maybe I'll come to our stuff later. Who knows, maybe Apple fronted it, so maybe I'll never come to something else, but for now, yeah, you can play on Apple device and it kind of just is a Katamari game. It has funnel spin on. So I'm having a good time.
Speaker 1: Cool, I just want to have the Apple device. I'm gonna do this. I just opened something. It's opened arcade and okay, so the number one game on Apple Arcade right now is something called Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic Plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I saw that. I downloaded that. I haven't checked it out yet.
Speaker 1: Though there is not a game on the planet that would rather play less on my phone. Roller Coaster Tycoon one. Well it doesn't look like the Yeah, I don't want to the screen too small. No, not the same though, because part of the appeal of the roller Coaster Tycoon to me is that screen big can see a lot of but at the same time the whole time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nicky, I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with Nikki. Okay, Well it's a good thing.
Speaker 3: It's not phone game. You can play it on the big.
Speaker 1: Like Taiku two from when I was a kid that Saturday two thousand. But you do want to know what the number ten game on Apple Arcade is. Yeah, Space Invader's Infinity gene Evo. Oh, that's also familiar, Sean. Have you played that one?
Speaker 3: I've also been playing Space Invaders, So this is an interesting one. I didn't know this game existed, but maybe you guys do, because it's an old iOS game from way back in the day, like two thousand and nine or ten that got ported to X B L A and p S three.
Speaker 1: Oh. I probably played and then I got reported back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's what they're doing here, is there basically bringing back a game that had died due to iOS incmpatability or the course of over a decade, So.
Speaker 1: That's why I had three up titles. Yeah, kind of.
Speaker 3: It is back Ris capable on Xbox. For what's worth. It's a cool game because you start out and it's like nineteen seventy eight and you're just playing Space Invaders, but you know you like move your finger to like move the ship back and forth. Well, what happens after that is that you get a quote from like Einstein or something, and then the game is like evolve and then every time that happens, as the game goes on, a new element is added to the game. So at first it's like, oh, now only can you move left and right? Now you can move up and down, and then it'll be like evolve and now there's color, and then it's like evolve and now you have a counter move, and then evolve. Now there's music swapping between like adding things to the game, and sometimes it's all you expect, like oh, now the bosses are in three D. But then other times it'll be like, yeah, now you have this gigantic like counter attack move. Yeah, yes, very cool. How you start with just Space Invaders, but then like I'm I don't know, I'm on it survived by Worlds it's like Mario like three Dash one or whatever, and so I'm like on the third world and now it's like a bullet hell game with like vibrant colors and like really cool music and stuff.
Speaker 7: If you die is it it's a live space and stage based so you get like three lives to start, and if you know your three ships are taken out, then you do you start.
Speaker 3: The level again. And yeah, there's also like you one of the I think this isn't an evolution, but it's just x amount stages. You'll get a new ship and so start off, you know, you're just like pep little space invader ship. But the one I just unlocked is like Seeker where it's fire slowly but it's homing beams that will like go like in random angles and ship until it hits an enemy.
Speaker 1: It's just a really great see.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, I was talking about how Katamari is, like the touch controls aren't great, and so like maybe you would I want to play it on like another Apple device. This is uh it started as a mobile game, but it is so made for mobile that has it'd been a great experience because then I just play a level or two, you know, as I'm winding out at the end of the day and it's a it's just a really fun Arcadie time and so I'm having a great time with that too.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, dude, why aren't you playing Fruit Ninja though? You know the only good doodle Jump? Oh? Okay, Well, speaking of doodle Jump, did you know that on Apple Arcade you can get doodle Jump two plus? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have some like Apple Kid has some like two games of like the classics, but it's like revamped visuals and then no micro transactions.
Speaker 1: And so Tiny Wings we are checking.
Speaker 2: I like I would like to Oh I never played Tiny Wings.
Speaker 5: It was fun, but I will still no, I'll never forget. Uh when as a game Informer and phone games were kind of a thing, Ben Hansen excitedly coming up to me and saying, like, do you want to see the face of God?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 5: What download Triple Town on iOS.
Speaker 1: It's a fine little iPhone.
Speaker 5: That's the most handsome way to put the face of.
Speaker 1: God described the horse from a Shadows.
Speaker 3: Yes, of course, Bones one for you. I downloaded. There's a Tycho Drummaster game that's exclusive. Yeah, I went to you know that have the usual stuff. They have like originals. They have like a J pop, they have like uh Namco music, and then went to the anime section and it has like the opening to Cowboy Bebop, the opening to a Van Geli, and the opening to Demon Slayer. Uh, you got a Friend in Me from toy Story, Let it Go from Frozen All the stars are here? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Did you know that they still make those Asphalt racing games there? Wow? Is that game Loft? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think so. I think there was a long family tradition right there. Yeah, there was a Launch three DS game, right, Asphalt three D.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think, yeah, that sounds right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I remember reviewing it being very boring.
Speaker 1: They're on I think the one that is out right now is nine. It's called the Asphalt Legends Unite. Well there are three, but I guess they're making a billion dollars off.
Speaker 3: There's micro transactions or there's like an Apple Arcade versus and again that that's why I like this subscription is that it's like it's original games made specifically for the service as well as mobile games with all the like micro transactions and shit ripped out, and he just kind of is still.
Speaker 1: Very appealing to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yeah, those assphall games are just like whenever you find out there's like ten million people whose favorite game ever is Need for Speed. The same thing happened on mobile with Asphalt.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, I want to meet these humans and that's just to study them.
Speaker 1: You know, Dan, you've been playing a little indie game called Metroid Prime Remastered. Do you want to talk about that done?
Speaker 5: I'm I'm in a Metroid state of mind lately, especially after the Nintendo thing, and so I was playing it. I streamed it last couple of weeks, and then I played it on the plane to and from New York, and uh, yeah, that one is incredible. It made me sad that there was not more news about two or three because now I kind of do want to do two and three before four comes out, because I beat three back in the day, never beat two, and I kind of just want to roll through all noun of mood. But yeah, look, I didn't like it either.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 5: It's just such a good remaster, Like the controls are incredible. And then, like on a lark, I just decided to like, oh what if I plugged in my wave Ford thing to the switch adapter GameCube thing on the switch and it just worked, and it just mapped all of the controls to a wave Ford which called that's a wild thing to do. But then it's like, well, no, the new controls are incredible. Why wouldn't I do that? And you can turn on to like the camera with the like gyro plus uh the stick stuff. That's incredible. So that's all to say, Metric Brime, you haven't played, it holds up incredibly well. Today I did just get I'm late enough in the game now to where it's like, oh boy, there is long stretches between save rooms with like multiple very tough combat encounters and uh gets a little frustrating, But hey, I guess that's just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can do it.
Speaker 5: I have been behaim several times before. It's just like I forgot kind of how it's like, oh man, this does get tough. But yeah, I do want to go on to two and probably what's the best way to play through? I mean I have it on week Well the best.
Speaker 2: I mean there's the best way and then there's the best Well there's all yeah, there's the wrong way with the key mouse and keyboard prime.
Speaker 1: X keyboard and it works perfectly.
Speaker 5: Okay, I want to sounds great.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm going to like do one of those myself here because I want to play two and three really bad two before four comes out. I'm gonna wait until we get a release day for four. If they announced the release stayed for four and they still haven't said anything about Metro Prime two and three, uh, then at that point I'm like, all right, fine, I'm just gonna bust out the w U or try that or whatever it's gonna take. But yeah, I want to play for Prime two so badly. It's weird to me, but they haven't just dropped that yet.
Speaker 5: Almost makes me want to play Dread again. I haven't played it since I came.
Speaker 1: I always people are talking about Metroid Dread fucking bangs. Yeah, Metro Prime Pinball so good. I'm another defender a Mile Hunters Prime Hunters. There was a generation force. God didn't did the Nintendo DS not come with a demo for Metro Prime Hunter first? Yeah? God, I was horrible. It's not good. Yeah right.
Speaker 2: I know a YouTuber who was in a clan for Metroid Prime Hunters, and I think that's how I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Wow beautiful actually let's go what number we'd be ranked number one in the world. Yeah, yeah, right now Samus's angels. Okay, that's pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Do we get jackets? Yeah? Cool, just the.
Speaker 2: Same, the same Yakuza jackets got last year from coin.
Speaker 1: But yeah.
Speaker 5: Speaking of dumb achievements, have I mentioned on here that I became the number ten et speed runner in the world.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you take here.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know if you did. Congratulations, but thank you. I'm the You can check speed run dot com. I'm number ten in the world to go what was your time?
Speaker 1: What? What was your time?
Speaker 5: Oh, it's like a minute forty something.
Speaker 3: I'll put it up. Let me see something out of your way after the stream or do you submit the stream thing?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: After I did the Blake Club thing, I went back to, well, I have all the stupid knowledge now I might as well do something with it. Yeah, a minute forty three seconds, in nine hundred and sixty six milliseconds is my time. There's one person in the world that's done it in under a minute, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: Do you do you know? Do you know where you can pick up more time?
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just like kind of random, Like there's definitely place the.
Speaker 1: RNG at this point.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, yeah, okay, so it's not like I can get like rats and like, yeah tricks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand what I have. Yeah yeah, yeah, you're also playing a game that is not real, but it's under the game section, so I'm going to read it.
Speaker 7: It's East East East.
Speaker 1: Of Dana. Yeah, who's Dana? And what is her? Lachrymosa all of it. I said.
Speaker 5: I don't want to spoil story stuff, but it's very good action RPG starts with a shipwreck. You're that the action is fantastic. You can switch to characters on the fly. Lots of fun like leveling up and get different skills and things like that. There's like a which time mechanic could be dodged perfectly. I played it, uh just on my computer, but I am intending. I got some flights coming up. That is going to be a Steam deck game for me. I intend to keep playing East eight Lachrymosa Dance.
Speaker 1: Now a dance.
Speaker 4: Some people say that the beginning is maybe a little slow and talkie how did you find it?
Speaker 1: You just kind of have a little patience shot from Giant Bomb you have a.
Speaker 3: Question, is this a counter blight because as Dan in the name, and you're worried that they were going to pick an RPG with anime your own.
Speaker 5: No, No, Black Club is the worst games ever. This is like look at the meta, Craig. It's like, you know, got like eighty five.
Speaker 3: That doesn't matter to Dan Reichert in my head.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just it's a good game. It's a good video game. I didn't play it back when it came out, and I figured it's time to give it its due now.
Speaker 1: Yes, Nik, is there a man with a gun underneath your desk? No?
Speaker 5: No, I just ii a video check.
Speaker 4: Who told you about this game? Who told you maybe you should try this game out?
Speaker 1: Mike?
Speaker 5: For a living?
Speaker 1: He learned it from watching you, Mike. Yeah, he learned pregs from you. Who's your wife? And damn is it Lexia? Is it ricotta cheese? It's your wife?
Speaker 5: You know what that you know exactly what that means. But I'm gonna say none of them. This is my party in my adventure.
Speaker 3: This is the ultimate troll. He probably is just doing this to get us to do this. This is just like the ultimate.
Speaker 1: On my own time on my own stream.
Speaker 5: I didn't even I didn't tell you guys about it.
Speaker 1: What's a lachrymosa?
Speaker 5: I don't want to spy stuff with you.
Speaker 1: Is it Escape Italian? Wait? How far it's Latin?
Speaker 5: For a week, I'd say I played less than two hours and I've been in the blueprints hole for a while here. But I do intend on going.
Speaker 1: Back to You're halfway there. I think it's like a thirty.
Speaker 5: Five hour game, just main story stuff. But yeah, the action is fantastic, incredible soundtrack, really good stuff moving.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was I was playing this game in my my early steam deck days and I was enjoying it. I did fall off. I do kind of want to go back to it. I think I think people still think it's the best of the modern yeas because we have a nine, we have a ten now. And I also just like the Island vibes of this. I like the whole Castway flavor going on here. It's a it's a pretty game. It's a bit it is very anime, which some people don't like, but some people can apparent.
Speaker 1: That's about my boy Dan.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just a good video game.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I rated a V tuber After my stream this week, you messaged me.
Speaker 5: You were so upset, I'm gonna go to jail because you're saying some tuber.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're a very nice person. Well, I'm happy that you're learning about the other side. What the what the other half likes. And by the other half, I mean people who like anime.
Speaker 5: Anything can be good.
Speaker 1: Wow. I don't know if that's true. But you know what is always good? Numbers? Yeah, well it can't lie to you. You can't manipulate those things. They're just just a uniform fact of life. And Mike is here to show us how they're made because he's been playing Nubbies Number Factory, which is as it's a pegl like if I remember understanding correctly.
Speaker 4: It's a Peggl rogue. Like Jan talked about this one last week.
Speaker 1: I played a little bit of it as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this sounded this sounded kind of up my alley, Like I'm not the biggest pegl fan, but I like it.
Speaker 1: I love.
Speaker 4: What really got me here is the aesthetic because it's very much like mid nineties uh like web designs, especially people making their own websites. It's all the sort of garish colors and unnecessary gifts right and parents. Yeah, it's kind of geocs rotating. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that aspect of it is great. But even like yeah, like the sort of Peggl Rogue Lake stuff here is fun. It's definitely in that Bilacho realm of being a roguelike where you're kind of working your way to getting certain builds by finding the right upgrades and persons.
Speaker 1: Jokers.
Speaker 4: It kind of has jokers in fact, once you beat a run even like has like the variants right, like we'll now try to do it with this rule slightly different. So it's a lot like that. It was one of those things too, was like, you know, struggling to get through a run and it was like, oh, I'm getting a little for a little for then suddenly I just get the god build where I am just summoning a million cactus spikes and meatball clouds and all these other things that are just going right. Like it suddenly it's not pegl really anymore. It doesn't really matter where I'm shooting the ball. It's just like just trying to like you keep going and getting the bill better. It's great because like if you sort of overshoot the goal, like the points goal. Then you get bonuses based on that that gives you more money and more lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Jan talked about this last week, and I'm just here to say I really liked it. I thought it was it was great. I enjoyed beating it for like that first time. I think I might go back to it at some point, maybe try some of these variant decks and things like that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you're looking for a one.
Speaker 4: Of these, whether it's a pegl like or a Billatro style roguelike. I think this is a great one to get into.
Speaker 5: To get an immediate sense of the aesthetic, just go to the developer's website. It's mogdog blog dot com and you will instantly get what it's going for aesthetically.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Good.
Speaker 5: Also, kind of on that note, I played a little bit of a peg idol. I don't know if you've heard of that, but it's an idle pegl It's it's pegel, but it's an idol game. And so it's just like you are leveling up each individual ball and you know, this is like a big rock one that knocks out like several pegs, and it's just okay. You get auto drop where Okay, I've leveled this one up the super bouncy ball to just auto drop, and it's very very satisfying starting with just pegel and then it's just.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, there's just balls everywhere.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dan a peg idol like idol game okay, yeah yeah Yeah. Within two seconds you'll be like, oh, I see, I see what's going on?
Speaker 1: Here is brain? Oh there's there's a skilled tree. Yeah, it's look at those balls. There's a lot of Yeah, there's a lot of God, that's so many balls.
Speaker 4: There's only a few balls in uh in Nubby Factory.
Speaker 1: It's a very different.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's more about the other bullshit that you summon through hitting your balls.
Speaker 5: It's a good, good time for Pegel likes.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just think that they should make a second one personally. Yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: Why haven't they made a Peggle three or did they do that? And I just never found out, like why I didn't make it?
Speaker 1: More they made a peg three. They made a peg for the phone called blast okay that like people hate people, it's not good.
Speaker 5: There was the phone one in like eighth nine because I remember when I were at the Garmin call center right before game Informer hired me. I would just spend egregious amounts of time on the shitter playing Pegle on my iPhone and I was in there until like my supervisor came in looking for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean listen, but if you're in there, you're sick.
Speaker 5: And that's just yeah, Yeah, I've got body stuff going on. You can't tell me you can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly can't talk my body out of poop.
Speaker 1: And yeah, Nubbies Number Factory, I've been playing, And by been playing, I mean I finished the video game avowed. Oh wow. I don't want to spoil it, because that game is really really cool, but it really comes together there at the end. It felt a little bit spacey to me in the the second to last area, but then you get to the last area, and then I was like, Ah, these fuckers are cooking, Like they know exactly what they're doing, they know why they're doing it, and I don't feel like there is a team better than Obsidian to kind of tell the story that they're trying to tell here. I cannot wait for them to make another one of these. Yeah in a way where I'm like, wow, they they kind of just they from from a video game that had by their own admission, a rocky development cycle got started and stopped multiple times, and then was a different game. At one point, something like the core parkor mechanic was from it, like an is the oldest part of the game, I think they mentioned, because at one point the game was much more traversal based, but they liked it, so they kept it, and then they tweaked the rest of it around it. It really comes together in a way where it feels patchwork, but in a way it's quilt like in the way it's patchwork, it doesn't feel like rough shod or or lacking in any way. So yeah, if you have not played the video game avowed, I think you probably should.
Speaker 3: Speaking of I actually did fire Up. I tried out over the weekend. Yeah, because I finally had the time too. And yeah, you know, typically not my thing, the sort of like more high fantasy fantasy, and that's sort of what they're going for there, very elder scrollzy. But I was like, let me get through some of this because there are exceptions to rules with that if other things I like, And yeah, y'all were right that combat rips that is.
Speaker 1: Taste, yeah, and there and there are so many different avenues for it, like it's not even that. Like I switched up my build for the last ten hours of the game, which is nuts. Like I had been rocking this big like cattle prod basically ended a gun a laser gun, and then at the end, I was like, fucking sword and shields though, huh is? And then I like respect my guy, and I like got a bunch of Perry stuff like added to my character. And then I was like, oh no, like this this shit feels great. Also, the magic feels really good. All this. Yeah, I feel like, well.
Speaker 3: You can like switch between the load outs and they flow into each other like I started out with. This is probably where most people start with, like magic and a melee weapon where the magic, you know, I'll use that to stun and deal damage over time, then switch back to the melee weapon to get ready for when the enemy like thaws out from the ice and goes to attack me. So I wait and Perry with the shield and I get some big damage in with the sword. It is fun how easy it is to switch between the two end how they do help each other out. Like I'm I'm definitely enjoying why I played so far well we'll see how far I get. Again, Like the story and everything not really my thing, but I like the gameplay so much so I do think I'll go back and try some more of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need to finishing that one up is on my to do list. I got a dual pistol build that I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fun. It also like, so this story becomes like goes from being like oh like or it maybe it doesn't go from being it really is whole it's handholding, like we're doing fantasy stuff. And also like this is just politics, like you are you are a guy that has a lot of uh a lot of push and pull in the world, but like it really is the last decision you make in the game is you. It's just you do in politics. That's it. And it's like it's really naked about that in a way that made me go, well, fuck, what, like what do I think about this? Like how do I want this to move? And how do I want these people to move? So yeah, I don't want to I don't want to spoil too much, but good video game. If you haven't played it, and if you have, perhaps finish it, because uh, we'll be talking about it a lot at the end of the year. Anything real quick.
Speaker 4: So that's a first person game of Park Court, Dan, you played up first person game with Park Yeah, this week you rested on it, just you know, real quick.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about Mirror's Edge?
Speaker 5: Now, there are still elements of it that I found a little bit frustrating it, but no, no, I also realizing the exact room where I put the controller down in two thousand funny, being like, well, that's a very stupid reason to stop playing that game. So I gave it some more time and attention this time, and it's like, yeah, I really like the parts where I don't like it as much when it slows down and it's like, you know, you're just kind of like shimmying and trying to make awkward jumps. But when it's all this stuff where you're just like running across rooftops, jumping and rolling and stuff like that and dodging bullets, like, it does a really good job. And I still love the look of it. I think the look is aged incredibly well. So yeah, so I'm I'm now more beforehand, I probably would have been like, oh, six out of ten. No, I'm probably more seven five out.
Speaker 1: Of ten who take it. Yeah, so free will pay five one point five plus two point five. It's four, that's true. You know what else has a four in it?
Speaker 5: The dark board and blueprints where you're going, by the way, get ready to do some.
Speaker 4: Mathus with the math of I did more math this weekend than I had in the last twenty years.
Speaker 2: Somebody, yes, and you got some math concepts still coming your way, mic Oh, it's wacky maths.
Speaker 4: I hope because I think I've actually reached my limits.
Speaker 1: It gets ten concepts, some.
Speaker 5: Wavy lines and some diamonds, and yeah, Jeff.
Speaker 4: I thought, I'm sorry because like you're about to go somewhere else. But Jeff, I thought, like you set before that you don't like games where you have to take notes, but this one's very much that, right have you kind of been.
Speaker 2: Well, no, no, I typically don't, especially when the games like you should be taking notes. And I said, unless it really earns it. Now, I'm not taking a lot of notes playing this game. I'm keeping a lot of strain and I'm doing I am taking a lot of screenshots and I'll go reference those if I have ideas about them. There are some things I did have to take notes for I got MS paint out and did some work on that.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: You what with that instead of a spreadsheet, which is beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah wait, because it's it's all the maps already a spreadsheet. So it's like you're good to go.
Speaker 5: You're the version of what I have here.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: Killer out here, only when the game really earns it, because I'm just I've never been I don't I never needed to take notes in school, So I'm like.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to have fun here.
Speaker 2: But if a game is like really special and has a lot going on, then it can do it now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm a Jeff on that one. And I like, from the few hours I did play a blueprints did things exactly the same way, like screenshots and like I'll like doodle something or something like that, visual versus text. I get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm just keeping the ideas all up here.
Speaker 1: Ye. Nicky was trying to get us over to no, no, no, no, I've got I've got another one here. So the retro take four K huh incredible, Yeah, it's the retro take four K.
Speaker 2: See mine came and it was broken, and I you know, everything's a discord now, so in the discord and I'm like, hello, people who live here, I need a little bit of help, please, And they always feel bad because I always feel like I'm bothering people when I do that, but that's what it's there for. And they tell you all the things like have you tried the right power supply. I'm like, I'm homie, I've tried every power supply in this house. I know you guys are gonna yell at me for that. So yeah, here's a picture one it even says the right wattage.
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 2: But they were still like, try other power supplies and I'm like, I'm pretty sure it's just broken. Eventually they're like, okay, email Mike Chi, who's the creator of the retro tank, and I'm like, okay, Like, how do I do that? Just respond to your order. I'm like, oh, okay, and I did that. He got right back to me and it was just him and he had me send it to him, and he sent me back what I thought was a repaired unit. And I'm trying out and it turned on this time, and this time, after like twenty minutes, the image would freeze and it just wouldn't work anymore. I'm like, oh no, so I like wrote back. I went back to Discord first, then went to Mike and he's like, I was using this one, like this was my personal one that I was using before I send it to you, so I.
Speaker 1: Know it works. I'm like, huh, okay, we're gonna try some things.
Speaker 2: And this led me to discovering I was trying to plug it intrough my live game or four K my capture card. I just had that plugged into the wrong PCIe port. So got it all set up and I've been using it and it's been working flawlessly now and it looks it's just so awesome messing around with that with that thing, it's actually and it's easier to use than I was thinking, Like, there are so many options. I thought it would be overwhelming. Just getting in there, going with the profiles, making sure the right input is selected, and then maybe if I have a digital signal. Messing around with some of the other aspects of it has been really fun. But everything just looks so good on it. It really kind of is worth the price.
Speaker 5: Well, it's got all the built in profiles that are really great. I was like Okay, I'm playing this on in the Supernintendo game and I wanted to look this certain way with this certain shader. That's great, but you can also just like it has these auto buttons on the remote. Which a thing I really like about the four K over the five Acts which I had before is that was just kind of a generic remote that wasn't really labeled. The four K one is very specifically like here is what this stuff does. So it's a lot easier to just kind of navigate and do the auto cropping and the auto game and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: So just a lot easier to use.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, we like to play a lot of old games, so it's great device to have profiles, Like, yeah, the profiles are awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have been made by like someone in the community really trusts. If you're going with the default one, I believe they're still fire Brand X, and yeah, they just always do a great job putting all that stuff together.
Speaker 2: There's a handful of folders now in each one where it's like Firebrand X and then there's Wobbly Pixels, a whole bunch of other people that are.
Speaker 1: All making them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all a lot of them are included, but then you can go to the wiki and find a bunch more. But it's just it's looking fantastic and plugged in the N sixty four, plugged in the Mister, plugged in PS one. So yeah, this week over Blood I got, I got looked at the opening video. Looks fantastic now GameCube, all of it. It's just fantastic. So yeah, really happy with it.
Speaker 5: VHS profile and I use it and watch the part of the Best of tool Time VHS. Oh yeah, yeah, looking fantastic. Kind of like an lg O lead playing a VHS of tool Time is like, yeah, all right, my cat striple h Yeah.
Speaker 1: You could even like add auto HDR like it has that in there.
Speaker 2: So it's like if I put a bunch of bullshit on top to make it look like an old TV, it can then kind of use the HDR to get the brightness back and stuff like that, and like, I need to go get it over.
Speaker 3: Have you guys been using the CRT shaders or have you mostly been doing the sharp.
Speaker 5: Scaling for the shaders? Are good using a lot of.
Speaker 1: Shaders, Yeah, especially playing these older games.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can really tell, Like you know, I always sess with Mario six four, because I just know exactly what that game looks like and how I remember it, and like, yeah, if you just do it sharp, it's sure it looks you know, you're used to seeing that on like Switch online and things like that. Put on yeah, and then you put on a CRT shater and just like the way it's like hat smooths out and stuff. It's like, ooh, this is what I remember. Yeah, And that's even.
Speaker 1: When I'm just using the HDR.
Speaker 3: The ACR is for is so that way because when you throw on those CRT shaders there's like scan lines that they add and stuff like that. They simulate the individual like red, green and blue like subpixels off a CRT. All of that stuff add on top is get dark in the image. That way, you can inject HDR to bring back up to like CRT brightness and luminants and it works.
Speaker 2: It's really cool, especially on an o leg which is why I'm like I should know that monitor and no lead look another old T.
Speaker 1: A better time. Yep. Does the retro tink have a thing in it that makes the noise that CRTs make when you turn them?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: I just have that all the time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by the way, for what's worth, it seems like mich is a cool dude. I heard that seems yeah. I think GDC it was where like he was on a panel with like John Lenneman and m VG and some other people. I think Audio was on that one, and like when they introduced Mike to like talk about you know, like upscaleing stuff, and I think apparently the crowd went wild and standing something.
Speaker 1: So that's a.
Speaker 2: Miss thing is more, it's a marvel of technology. The fact that we get this that anyone was like, we're willing to put all the work in to make this thing, to basically make your old games work on a new TV and then look like the old stuff. I'm like, no, like that's a very niche thing. And like he even has like this reverence for composite video that I have as well. I'm like, I can't. It's a miracle that this thing exists.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. Well that was a delightful game segment. I just got my first do you want to make an appointment at SGF email? So we do have to take a yea, because I take a fucking walk. I love SGF, but just like not so soon I'm getting it is April. Well that was games. Anybody else have anything that they want to talk about before we stop talking about video games on this show.
Speaker 5: I feel like I could talk about blueprints for hours, but I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we will do a spoiler cast at some point. Yeah, it's all I read.
Speaker 4: I just read one Pat chucklepic write a much more elegant thing about the Minecraft movie than I ever could.
Speaker 1: So everybody should check that out. While you were on the podcast, Mike, somebody was talking no, yeah, for a while. Okay, we will be back in just a second with the news, of which again there is none. We'll be right back. We didn't talk at all about show hey and how he fucking sucks on the poet.
Speaker 2: I saw people say they say they were done with with him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do I want to know? Well, he's ex and then he they went to the Dodgers, went to the White House, and was like, man, I love Donald Trump. I love this guy. He looks he was very excited to get amped.
Speaker 3: Has someone that someone check out, Michael Hyam, Has anyone.
Speaker 1: Seen I have from that boy? Don't days?
Speaker 2: Did you guys see the story of where Trump was like telling his friends He's like, I just wish I could speak to Shenzo talking about Shinzo. Abe like that's a sentence he says a lot. Apparently, it's like I just missed Shenzo. I wish I could talk to.
Speaker 1: That's the craziest thing that I've ever heard. You get on the Guardians train with me? Come on, I got my shirt on right now.
Speaker 4: It's great that it's the way part of me hopes they don't win a World Series for a few years.
Speaker 1: That's what you don't want, right because then you then you get stuff like this, which is a bummer. It's fine, he's winning, he feels now. Just I bet the news will cheer us up. Yeah, yeah, let's hit the news.
Speaker 5: Totally unrelated stuff.
Speaker 1: There's no Japan America interaction to relations. Do you think now? Hold on, let me put my let me put my MSNBC want cat on was show Hey Otani laughing so much with Donald Trump because he said, please, I just want to play Donkey Kong from my home country's video game company. So he was was he doing some shadow Because here's the thing that is how this guy works. If a guy he likes is like, I don't think you should do this anymore. The odds that he would be like, well, okay, Nintendo doesn't count for them.
Speaker 2: That's true except for some reason Tariffs bitch loves Teriff everything else.
Speaker 1: He else president President. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I switched to goud announced last week. That was after the last BombCast, right.
Speaker 5: Normally would have been which I do want to yet direct people to the BombCast Revengeance yes from Yeah, that was me fresh off the trip, going deep on like everything. I played everything, I saw, all the initial announced news and everything. So check out the revengeans if you didn't see.
Speaker 2: If yes, if you want to hear like Dan dive into actually playing these games, what it's like, what the switch to is going to be like hypothetically in such a world where it comes out like he's got that information for you in the BombCast Revengeance from it's the last episode in the feed. But this happened after the last BombCast, So a normal episode of this would have been like, here's all the details about the switch too, and so I guess here they are.
Speaker 1: It's June fifth, it's coming out. Question mark four hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Question more, question mark five hundred dollars with Mario with Mario Kart World, many more question marks, and then pre orders begin April ninth, Well, not anymore, that would be tomorrow. Nintendo delayed pre orders basically immediately the next day because later that day for the announcement of the directory.
Speaker 1: Next day it was Liberation Day. Liberation Day, that's right. God damn it, I feel like say from a metal gear game.
Speaker 2: Trump announced massive worldwide tariffs on countries including Japan, China, Vietnam, Cambodia. There's a country that's habited just by penguins that has a tariff on it. Yeah, it's just across the board, but especially hard hit are China obviously that one everyone could predict, but also Vietnam and Cambodia, which is where you know Nintendo. Oh, A lot of country or a lot of companies knew stuff like this could happen. There's a lot of other reasons to diversify, but tariffs were definitely one of them. And so they were like, we're going to spread out where we manufacture things, and we're going to go to places like Vietnam and Cambodia which are making things very enticing for us. And now those have forty six and forty tariffs on them, which is a it's a I guess for people who don't understand, if you bring a switch to into this country from those countries, the company that imports it has to pay a forty or six percent tax on the cost, So it adds another you know, if it's a four hundred dollars thing, it adds another two hundred dollars on top of that four hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: Two hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Well, that sounds that the other country has to pay for that all by itself and with no other cost going anywhere.
Speaker 2: Well, the other countries don't have to pay anything like that's the good news. The bad news is it's the importing company and they don't just do that. They pass on the cost to everybody, which is why Nintendo has delayed pre orders because they were going to start taking pre orders for one price. And really the major reason you would delay preorders is to figure out what you're gonna have to charge to make this make sense.
Speaker 1: So this is a it's a it's.
Speaker 2: A new sales tax. Basically, it's a tax paid for by in the end consumers. Effectively, it's paid for by the companies when it happens though, so we yeah, right now, you know, there's a lot of other details. We're gonna go through all kinds of other stuff. We're getting answers about, like what the switch to does it actually support DLSS? All that stuff is in here? Should should we start with like all the fun details or start Let me ask.
Speaker 4: You a couple questions, Jeff, I'm I think you're you're smart. You may be No if I say one else, maybe the smartest one here? No, wow, Let me ask you, this is the switch to price going to increase?
Speaker 1: Yes? I think so? How much? I do? How much? Like a little lot?
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, like you said earlier. I also, I have no idea, but like if I were, then I'm glad.
Speaker 1: I have Mario Kart. I would probably raise it by one.
Speaker 2: Hundred dollars and I would go five fifty and six hundred, and then if tariffs go away, I would shimmy Mario Kart around and try to drop it back down by fifty dollars. So I end up with a five hundred and fifty dollars version with Mario Kart in it. If tariffs go away, tariffs don't go away, then you keep it at Yeah, five fifty six hundred.
Speaker 1: Isn't the big fear though, which like is why this shit is so is destructive for a million and one reasons, But it gets us into an environment where nobody can trust the things we say anymore, which is more debilitating honestly than the uncertainty of the moment when it is happening, because this is a huge issue. It's it is unclear whether or not we will he will make a decision that is like actually just kidding, which he loves to do. He's like, actually just kidding. It's different now, there's nothing from stopping him in six months being like I actually did mean the thing that I said, and it changes it, which puts a Nintendo in a situation where they can't be like, well it's cheaper now, but it's going to be a flexible pricing, so like get in in the next two weeks because then it's going to be more expensive, and then actually after that it's going to go back down a price like you can't fluctuate a.
Speaker 4: Ten point like that gets to be in this fun position where just the way the timing worth out, they get to kind of be the ones to be the bearer of Bend news.
Speaker 5: But I mean it was the same day as that New York event where as the direct Yeah.
Speaker 2: But but y yes, Like that's a good point though, Like it's not just Nintendo. Everyone's going to have to raise prices. Razor was canceling laptop orders that people made in February, like three thousand dollars laptops. They're going to be a lot more expensive than that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Daniel mad On On on Blue Sky Right Now pointed out that, you know, okay, you know what, let's put in this perspective. First we have these are the initial tariffs. This is a trade war now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so today, yes, it was like China today was like all right, bet no more American movies. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also a tariffs on top of what they already had, and that's in response to these, which has now caused Trump to respond. And so the Trump the Trump tariffs on China have gone from fifty percent up to a one hundred and four percent now cool, So, as he points out here, a device that costs that would have been priced at five hundred dollars today will now have to at least be one thoe hundred dollars. So I'm imagining this retro tink four K I just got for four hundred and fifty dollars would probably have to be about one thousand dollars going forward to make it make sense to actually ship it to this country and sell it to us. Awesome, and there's no real way around this stuff. It's questions go away.
Speaker 4: My second final question for you, I mean, is the switch to still going to release?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: What was the date supposed to be June fifth? June fifth in North America because they've also delayed the Canadian pre orders? Now, is this thing still coming out on that date?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 2: I mean they so they said that it's still coming out that date. I I don't know. I think so, like they have to just maybe brute force their way through this. Like the reality is they're gonna have they want to sell it everywhere, and while the United States an environment does dictate a lot of how things happen globally, they're not going to want to punish the entire world because the United States can't get their shit together. So I think that we will probably have special pricing if things continue to be a moving target, Like if you know, Vietnam.
Speaker 1: You know, we'll go through we'll talk about some of this stuff.
Speaker 2: Now, Vietnam was like, hey, we'll get rid of all our tariffs if you get rid of your tariffs. And uh, one of Trump's advisors that's been on TV said, this is not a negotiation.
Speaker 1: I said, well, then what the fuck is? But we get what are we doing? I don't understand.
Speaker 2: But of course it's just he sees a trade deficit, which is what this is really about. We spend more money buying things from Vietnam than view spend buying products for them from US.
Speaker 1: Is it is like, and I said, I think I said, I don't remember where I said it last week, but it is like going into target and being mad that the target is not buying clothes from your house. Yes, it's exactly this, exactly like talking about like and.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing Target might actually hire you for, like consultant services. Right, we have a service based economy. Now, like that's that we sell services. So yeah, they don't buy products from us. To the trade deficit, the actual like trading of goods looks out of whack. But we we have way more money than any other country, so necessarily the trade deficit is going to be in their favorite It's not a win loose scenario. It is we both win because I get a cool thing and you get some money, Like that's what we want. It's that that was the whole idea of free trade. We built a whole world around free trade now and he doesn't understand it, so he's running like a wrecking ball through everything and making it just way worse.
Speaker 3: The other the quote I heard on the news the ore day was that no, no, we don't have enough money.
Speaker 1: All right, Oh well, no hold on, because if you put all the money at the top, we done, it'll just start in our pockets. Crazy. The other thing that I was I was trying to like rationalize because I drove from from Los Angeles to Utah and the middle, the middle bit between there is a is a weird slice of this great nation. He had a lot of weird stuff. And then I kept thinking about all of the like the guys that have lifted their Toyota Tundras four and a half inches and then have also the biggest American flags you could ever see attached to the back of the truck, and I'm like, where do you think your car came. You bought your car here for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, well this is a good point, Nikki, because trucks especially are an interesting one because those have had tariffs on it for a long time.
Speaker 1: Right, So the.
Speaker 2: Argument, so the argument that a lot of people on the other side would make here and the other side like they don't even really understand this, so it's not really a side. But the argument that a lot of people are making on TV is that this will bring manufacturing here. And they'll point out, hey, a lot of those Toyota vehicles they do like manufacture in Alabama in the South. It's like, well, do you know what they really do, because what they do is they build two halves of a truck in Japan, Yes, and then they ship it here and someone stitches together. Yes, yes, that's what really happens. And they do that to get around to terror shipped.
Speaker 3: One way, then shift the RWA, then ship our way again.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, yes, there's and so they just come up with all these ways to get around around teriffs, and they build entire business models around avoiding.
Speaker 1: These specific taxes.
Speaker 2: You know, that's is that a reason not to do a tax? It's like, well, not alone, but the fact that it's just a shitty policy across the board and causes prices to go up right after we got done with you know, we can talk about the price of the games. Eighty dollars from Mario Kart World. That is a lot of money, but in twenty seventeen dollars, that's a cool wint to sixty one dollars and fifty cents of purchasing power. That's how much inflation has just been in the last eight years. So they're just keeping up the price that they had before and.
Speaker 1: The wage we get to the tariffs also, yes, so we're all god war. It's a huge trucks. We have all this money. Good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, Nikki, I was seeing my taxes yesterday and I was having a lot of fun. How about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of cool. It's kind of cool to be alive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good time you're paying there on that one, because yeah, I got all this contract work now, so I don't know what a I don't get anything back.
Speaker 1: They're making a thrums off game though. Yeah, so okay, so we don't know, Mike, answer your question. The prices go up, probably will it actually come out on June fifth? That's got it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have to answer something here very soon. So the creators were supposed to begin tomorrow, and I feel like tomorrow we have to get some kind of answer. But they just might not know what to do or say at this point. That's how uncertain you think.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they even have a plan right now, if they still are kind of like stalling like.
Speaker 1: I would, I would think they know what their conversations are.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I mean, part of it is definitely stalling, but they're like, you know, the president of Nintendo almost certainly is talking to like the actual president of Vietnam right like, hey, can we like then go to the United States and like present something to them? Like that's what's happening right now. That's the level of conversation we're talking.
Speaker 4: It's a really hard position for Nintendo right now. I'm trying to say, like, you know, have sympathy for a corporations because they have done some things with the pricing and switch shoes stuff that is absolutely ridiculous and greedy, especially the ten dollars for that stupid demo thing, you know, stuff like that, but.
Speaker 2: It never just kind of their game, right something they only started this lession, right, but they.
Speaker 4: Can't lose a lot of money selling switch shoes. And yet they also can't not sell switch toos, right because then you can't sell the video games. So like, what what do they do there? They have to sol them a like kind of a loss. Is it still a lot of money at that point because of the tariffs? They could sell us like for a loss and it would still cost like five hundred and fifty dollars or something like that.
Speaker 1: Is the world?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, Sean, Oh just real quick on topic four fifty, the profit margins were not huge on that price because now there's so many things that you have to factor in, think about the power of the de and everything, like four fifty, I know, it seems like a lot. It's not that much more of that Steam Deck. I know the Steam Deck is you know, older device at this point, and it's a different kind of device. But switch to U is better in a lot of ways, So think about the power level there. I think it was the Verge put together a hypothetical parts list that came out to the Wai like three fifty fifty is just how much they're charging in Japan, right, But that's also not how much it would cost them to just put it on a shelf. You have to think about all the other factors.
Speaker 1: That bring it somewhere about it exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And but you also have to build in all the risk mitigation as well, like the currency could like that's one of the main reasons that the pricing is weird between Japan and the rest of the world, Like the again is very weak and has been, but that could change. They've seen that change a lot during a console generation, so they price it be like loost, we could sell that thing for three hundred and fifty dollars and that's worth any in right now, but they are expecting that to be shaky going forward, especially in the right too, because the dollar is dropping right now. So they could have set up for one price and it immediately would have been like we have to do an entire generation. Never really been able to raise the price, So they are building in a lot of risk mitigation and like you would with anything that you were doing with your own money.
Speaker 1: So that Yeah, God, the Wei was two fifty at launch in two thousand and six, and if you do the inflation calculator, that's four hundred dollars. So then if you the extra fifty dollars, because that was just two GameCubes put together, right that like that math makes sense, just like the amount.
Speaker 4: Of exactly, yes, you could have done a Wei factory here.
Speaker 1: We could have got away with that. Just we'll just make the Wii in Ohio. Do you think that isn't three months? We did a couple of months to make the Nintendo We we isn't that fucking crazy? We don't even have the capability in this country to make a Nintendo whe let alone an Nintendo switch to.
Speaker 2: So it's like, yeah, like we like there are our chips would make here, Like Texas Instruments still makes like t I eighty four chips here, Donkey video. You could make a lot of the of the switch to here, just not the expensive part, Like that's the reality the screen and the chips would be way that would take years to get that off the ground. You could in two years you could start making the plastic.
Speaker 1: Class I guess yeah. The thing that I'm kind of holding out hope is I don't think the verbiage I want to use. There are already a bunch of switch twes here. Yes, So that's where they could get a little creative.
Speaker 2: But they but they would probably treat that, Yeah, they would treat that as like another thing where they can buffer themselves against risk and be like, let's.
Speaker 1: Make some profit on these at that higher price. And then if we have like.
Speaker 2: It's going to be difficult for them to navigate because even if the tariffs go away, there's no guarantee that they stay away. So if they if that happens, they can't immediately be like, and the price is back down to what we said before, because they could come back and then they have to raise it again.
Speaker 1: I suppose they maybe.
Speaker 2: Could try to tie it explicitly to the teriff, right and say it's gonna be the price is gonna be a moving target going forward for the United States and just the United States.
Speaker 1: That's just so confusing, though, because I feel like you can't go you can't tell someone go to the best Buy, and you actually have to google something else to determine how much this thing's gonna cost.
Speaker 4: Here's the the aspect of it I find interesting is because like Nintendo could come out and they could very directly try to blame this on the teriff. They can evoke the name of Trump, and like I've seen how that sort of thing has worked out for another company, like a lot Disney, right, where like Disney suddenly became an enemy and a target of the Republican Party in this weird way that like actually did impact it in terms of like you know, politics and laws and finances and all of this stuff. And I and Entitled probably doesn't want to do that either. So it's it's.
Speaker 1: Just weird and strange. It's kind of scary all around. Yeah, especially it seems like Nintendo has Disney aspirations with the their bread right, and it is too early in their quest to do that to be as loud, I think, as too early. It's a multi billion dollar company, gang, So it's like it's not like they don't they're powerless in this situation, but it is. It's it's a it's a bad situation to be in, and the thing is no way to prevent it either.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing we could do is so I'm pretty close to Canada, I'll just go up there and I'll pre order my switch too up there.
Speaker 1: I just got.
Speaker 2: I was gonna go to Right Winds, and.
Speaker 1: They canceled, they delayed the pre order dates in Canada. Also, yeah are bad? Yeah, are bad everybody. We're ruining it for the entire world and.
Speaker 2: Especially our closest neighbors. That's our move, Okay. I the real answer to all these questions is we don't know, So let's talk about some stuff we do know.
Speaker 1: I guess the switch to.
Speaker 2: S horsepower makes developers extremely happy. Dan, you did you did see you have to go over everything, but just to your like first take, you were like, hey, these games look next Gin, you know, relatively speaking, what would you think of like the visuals.
Speaker 5: I mean, the thing is the like Nintendo art style always looked incredible ever since the HD with you. But I think you were like, Mario Kart still looks like Mario Kart. It's not like this generational jump where it's just like, oh my god, the Mario looks incredible now, No, he looks like Mario. Where you see the differences is things like you know, the twenty four racers on screen, and like I talked about how the first time I threw a blue shell and I was like, oh shit, there's a whole cluster of like it knocked out, like six cards going flying everywhere, like stuff like that. Where it's like, okay, this is this is great, and things like Donkey Kong where you're you know, destroying the entire area and then you know that's being rough in the map, and it's like, okay, there are things here that I don't know if the Switch one would be able to do as well. I ever hears of the Kingdom Breath the Wild running, you know, demonstrably better on the switch too. So yeah, it looks fantastic. It's definitely like I think, across the board, you don't see the generational leaps we saw from like PS one to PS two anymore, but undeniably it looks much much better. Metroid, for instance, looks so fucking good on the Switch two.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was just so happy looking at the things, like, oh yeah, this is what I want, especially, you know, the big thing I wanted was smoother frame rates and something Switched one struggled with a lot, and everything here looks really smooth, really vibrant, And I hated the rail for a second. But I just got a headline in my emails. Can I read you guys's breaking news at lease?
Speaker 1: Please Paramount Pictures to release The Angry Birds Movie three in theaters wide on January twenty ninth, twenty twenty seven. Oh, just a little bit before the Legend of Soda movie. My kids watch that. Then they liked it.
Speaker 4: Liked like a movie made for children, you know what.
Speaker 1: I thought?
Speaker 2: It was like I liked what was the other bad Disney movie that came out recently?
Speaker 1: I liked Wish Better? Oh no, I like, I'm with the I'm with the kids. I also didn't think t was very good, but then I did have I did wake up. This is not a joke. I woke up sad the other day because I was like, was I too hard on that flip? And then I thought about it somewhere. I was like, no, it's just not very good. No, I thought we didn't. I thought Angry Birds was cooked. I thought that was done.
Speaker 2: I think it's like one of those things where it's like, actually the movie still makes money, so we'll just keep doing those instead.
Speaker 1: So yeah, switch right.
Speaker 4: I mean, I want to be excited about the switch to because, like, I think the games look great. It looks very pretty. I was I was fine with that fourge fifty dollars price tag, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, and it does sound like developers like it. So really the story here is cievdevs have said they're really happy working with this thing, like it's it's very easy to work with, which is I think when we get follow up devices for successful consoles, there's a lot of pitfalls that companies traditionally fall into. Getting aggressive with the pricing definitely one thing, and I think what we can say Nintendo guilty of that to a certain extent here. And then the other thing is often hey, making your hardware byzantine and weird, And it sounds like they avoided that one at least, so they were listening to developers and I think gave them the amount of RAM that they need.
Speaker 1: But it sounds like the tools are also easy to work with. We'll probably find out more about that soon.
Speaker 2: We also got to support that switch to does in fact support DLSS, something that we could assume was going to be the case, but they basically said, and this was from Nvidia themselves, the new RT cores will be will bring real time ray tracing to the system that one's okay, really on the switch to, but they're saying so, so it's going to deliver life like life reflections and shadows for more immersive worlds and then the tensor corese power AI driven features like deep learning, super sampling, boosting resolution for sharper details, and sacrificing without sacrificing image quality.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we've had any games come out and confirm, hey, this one has to DLSS, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just like something that's just happening, Like it's just part of getting a game working.
Speaker 3: Probably, just like all the third party stuff that you know is on PC has a good PC version, they'll just also use DLSS on the switch too, because presumably it would be the same muscle. And with the RAG tracing, don't think like ray trace reflections and like super fancy stuff like that. I think more like ray trays global illumination RTGI. That's the kind of thing where you might remember people talking about the PC version of like Indiana Jones and Assassin's Creed Shadows needed a Nvidio two thousand series graphics card in or to run that. That's what's going on there, is that like they're moving to the base level of ray tracing as being the lighting model period for the game, and so you just need like base level support in order for those games to run on a system. That's the kind of we're gonna be looking at here.
Speaker 4: What if it's a type Actually it's Roy Tracing, and it just means that that one Mario Car.
Speaker 1: Special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a Mario paint feature.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 5: That should be Mariot, that should be a Jamboree mini game.
Speaker 1: Is way too proud of that one by himself. Yeah, I think I just killed Sean inside.
Speaker 3: I was expecting a moment sounds there and then yes, and I was very disappointed.
Speaker 5: Everyone hes out his own joke.
Speaker 1: We all just uh many others always boys for sure, all right.
Speaker 2: Nintendo confirms switch to joy Cons won't feature Hall Effect sticks.
Speaker 1: They can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got my hopes up though, I really did. I'm like, they don't want to get they don't want to get super making bad ones. I'm like, oh, they'll just make it more like sustable this time.
Speaker 1: It's just it's so much the number of people who are going to do a class action lawsuit is so much lower than the number that they'll make off of selling you more joy conep so like.
Speaker 3: Taking you know, like, yeah, of course it's the cheapest thing they can do. You're just gonna buy new joy Cons. That sucks. That's them, that's what yep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also if you want them to be hal effect, I'm sure six Well no, never mind, I was gonna say, you can probably just buy them later. You're not going to be able to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, maybe for like four hundred dollars switch to won't have achievements, Nintendo confirms. Funny just because how they were asking Bill Trennon, who what is this title now? Vice President of Player and Product Experience. He was asked about this, that would be his job. He just said, nope, nope.
Speaker 4: That has to be a long argument in Nintendo of some people who want it, but ultimately somebody the tops like, nah, yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: So case by case basis though Zelda's got.
Speaker 2: Them in the games themselves right there. This was definitely asked about system level, but you're.
Speaker 3: Right, I know people really like thatied system.
Speaker 1: I know. M yeah, what's no hold on? What's the Mario Kart achievement that you wish you could get? Roy Tracing?
Speaker 2: So no shop music, shop music, Yeah, there's they're not gonna have U shop music, and they're like it's likely never to return, and it's for the reason that I think you would guess. They just want to focus on the performance of the shop. And then they also had so many games have videos and trailers built into their store page. Now they don't want to have to stop the music so you could start that up. They just thought that would be weird.
Speaker 4: But there's a spirit to the question that isn't just about music. It's about making this stuff kind of fun and aesthetically interesting. Even if you can't do yeah, you can mute the music you sick of.
Speaker 1: Real issue.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's nuts, but I don't think it's ever coming back, and it's for Nintendo reasons.
Speaker 1: At this point.
Speaker 2: Let's see Nintendo says it will continue so to support Switch one because they got to sell you video games on something and I'm gonna be able to sell a switch to They also think we want to keep players engaged and we like had that Switch one direct that has games coming out in twenty twenty six, it was very clear that they were going to do that, and with backward compatibility, it won't be like a three DS situation where the three DS got left behind.
Speaker 5: Well, it kind of rinds me like remember when DS came out and they were like, oh okay, boys not dead pretty much top with the game after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're so way on that new game Boy. We thought we were gonna gonna get there.
Speaker 2: Hades two will be a Nintendo Switch to exclusive. Oh wait, no, updated Switch one and to exclusive on console. Obviously it's already on Steam, but they did a Nintendo creator's voice video because again they love Hades and Nintendo huge fans of that game. Clearly they want to like they want to push it. So Hades two confirmed when it launches, it's gonna do the thing that Hades one did. It will launch in one point zero on Nintendo Switch first and then come to other consoles. So the first one did that right, Yeah, exactly, it did exactly that, and it sold a ton on Switch that it looked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet it did.
Speaker 4: It's a video paying for this time exclusive. You think the Haities sep were just like happy to do it.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 2: I don't think Nintendo does that for one thing, and I think the Hades people are happy to do it because, for one, it worked out so well last time, and now because it did work out so well that Nintendo fell in love this company in this game, and it will just give them like a big spotlight in directs and things like that, so they can kind of.
Speaker 1: Trade that because that's worth a lot of them.
Speaker 3: Exactly. Yeah, it's sort of a like you know, obviously business thing there, but like sort of a friendship thing of like, oh, yeah, you're supporting us a lot, so yeah, well you know, we'll help you out with some stuff and everything like that. Like, yeah, that's probably what's going on.
Speaker 2: Actually, they saved sports Story and made it better and had it ready for the switch To launch that would move there. Yeah, visitors discover that switch To has already been added to the Nintendo Museum, so your experience is out of date.
Speaker 1: Dana, we go back. Dane and I are going back get some switch Tos while you're there. Yeah, for real smuggling for us. Uh.
Speaker 2: And then Nintendo is actively assessing what the trade war means for switch To. That's the last thing that they say.
Speaker 1: Same.
Speaker 4: It's been fun watching like some people I have interviewed Trinan and other people like just asking about the price and they kind of have to like even like not just a console, like hey, why is Mario Kart eighty dollars, and you know, they bring up variable pricing and stuff, but you know, it is funny when it's like trying to be like, well, because the game's so good, it's like, well, if you make yeah, if you make a game that you think is better than Marvel, does that mean that could cost ninety dollars?
Speaker 1: What does that mean? And they don't.
Speaker 4: They don't really have a good excuse for that tech demo being ten bucks, like.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's more than you think. I'm like, yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 2: And then they said like ten dollars is not a lot of money. I'm like, well, that doesn't look like a lot of game either. So I don't know what you want from me, but yeah, this is you know, Bill Trennan, Doug Bowser, they're the marketing guys. They represent the marketing side of Nintendo, and so when you get answers from them, they have to position things so carefully and they have to like of like, and especially when they are asked about the price in tariffs, Bouser's gonna have to say, listen, everything we've done so far was perfect and on a saleable going forward, who knows what's going to happen, but it will be because other things have changed, not because previously or didn't account for something. So yeah, we'll see. I hope we get news from Nintendo tomorrow. But if I'm them, I don't feel like things have like settled down enough that I could give people a solid answer and.
Speaker 1: Feel good about it. So they really will have to.
Speaker 2: Come up with some plan to be agile going forward with this, and I just don't know what that could look like.
Speaker 1: You should just walk into the Best Buy and there's a big wheel, and you spin the wheel and that's how much you have to pay for the switch to It's like a bunch of different random numbers.
Speaker 2: Everybody, what would it average out to? Like six hundred? They still get that amount of money, but there's a chance you only have to pay like two fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can then record be tied to the wheel like a medieval device and taunting me the entire time?
Speaker 1: That's yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: He's taunting you, even though he's the one strapped to the wheel, like still would be taunting people exactly.
Speaker 1: He's like, Oh, you're gonna be paid twelve hundred four. I could see it. Yeah, I've used my foot to cover the one dollar.
Speaker 2: All right, more related Nintendo news, but not switched to necessarily unreleased Nintendo games allegedly leak online, including Retro Studios prototype.
Speaker 1: And I can't even read this. What's to say? Ridecer Racer? Remember that one that was good? I think that was that was fantastic?
Speaker 2: Yes, including Nintendo Switch Ridge Racer title, Lego Civilization, and an unannounced Retro Studios play called Harmony.
Speaker 1: Like SIV SIV but Lego. Yes, I think so. It's a really good idea. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: Do you think it would go back to being uh like the Squares because it's Lego and not the Hexagons.
Speaker 1: I think it should that would to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so they found a bunch of stuff here this uh, most of these games aren't gonna come.
Speaker 4: Out though, so yeah, that's At first when I saw so, I was really excited, like, oh crap, they're making a ridge racer switch WinGen. Was this from what twenty seventeen? Oh no, this game made. Looking at the video, it's it's very early. It looks to me like it was clearly a successor to those PSP Ridge Racer games that were basically a best of but with the boost system that we had starting in.
Speaker 2: Made an unreal five, so it seemed like they were kind of uprising all that stuff.
Speaker 4: So, you know, Lego good enough. I would have liked that. Gosh, I don't know, like we're getting this Arcade Archives thing. Hopefully there are still some plans for Ridge Racer in the future. I just want a new Ridge Racer game.
Speaker 1: Lego thank you Sorry, Oh no, go ahead.
Speaker 4: It's just say thank you to every thank you take all three hundred people who messaged me about this.
Speaker 1: By the way, seriously, I love that.
Speaker 4: As soon as anybody sees anything Ridge Racer, I get like Bombardo with like, hell yeah, people associate me with Ridge Racer.
Speaker 1: That rules Johnson Racer.
Speaker 4: I was clear like John linnits so number one Red Racer guy, Like, you know, I'm a happy second.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: Ah, let's see other things here. But this is a long expected Elder Scrolls for Oblivion could be released at any moment this month.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Kind of confirmed, but some other people, I guess, we're saying it's gonna shadow drop probably later in April. So they have apparently an Elder Scrolls online event. I think it would definitely happen after that, and then some people were mentioned that Microsoft might have an event later this month, the month, like the last week of the month. I think it'd probably happen around there. So yeah, but when it does happen, apparently it is going to be a shadow drop, so just kind of out of nowhere, Mike's grimacing.
Speaker 4: I'm still so skeptical shadow drops, rightly.
Speaker 1: Even for Oblivion, because it's not High Fi Rush.
Speaker 4: It's I understand that, and look, it'll probably find It's just it's I always get to this thing of like, all right, if we're saying that marketing doesn't matter, then why do we ever.
Speaker 1: Do it for things like this? There must be some value in it. I mean, look, maybe that whole thing is a lie.
Speaker 4: It's this think possibility, but that's upsetting too, and it's just it's just hard to know, right, Like you know, I've heard some people say, Wow, they did it for Ninja Guide into Black and that did well, didn't do well?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't really know.
Speaker 1: Too Black is closed, like on the grand scale, I think that game is closer to High Fire Rush than it is Too Oblivio. Yes, that's just a big game game to be fair.
Speaker 3: Do you think that the excitement is diminished because this has leaked fairly, thoroughly, not necessarily an imagery, but just like how much people know about the planning for this where it's like, all right, just put it out there. Eventually, Oh it's a shadow rock that's not exciting anymore.
Speaker 1: It's hard to say.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, like you say, Sean, it's like the people who do know about this still, but that's like such a small group.
Speaker 1: I mean, just look at all the people who were absolutely shocked.
Speaker 4: About Donkey Kong Bonanza when you know, I was surprised, but we had heard that this was a possibility.
Speaker 1: Jeff, I saw your hand up. Please.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just this is a I gotta ask you a question that's unrelated. If Square Enix were to tweet an image it says, my memories will be part of the sky.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Oh my, it's like that is a I believe that is a quote from the ending of Found Fantasy nine, if I remember correctly.
Speaker 2: He says, if you know, you know, I do know. So yeah, I mean they continue to tease that game. This is still not confirmation, but yeah, yeah, but again.
Speaker 4: It's like it is the anniversary of that game. They've been doing stuff, so they could just still be getting cute with that point. I still, oh, I still want to see some foun Fantasy nine stuff. They'll shadow drop that too.
Speaker 1: I'm sure if if I liked Final Fantasy seven a lot, which and I would say that Final Fantasy seven was the first one I played for real, because I played Final Fantasy which ones were on the game Boy Advance, so that was three of them.
Speaker 4: There was Don in Sorrow, which was one and two together, and then four, five and six the.
Speaker 1: S n S game, So I think I played Donald Sorrow, Don Soul the Man talking again. What I like nine? If I like, yeah, seven and the same.
Speaker 3: If you like because the more traditional fantasy aesthetic, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think you'd love it because it's basically more of the like the old school aesthetic of the Super Nintendo Ones with the presentation chops of seven, a lot of the gameplay stuff from seven, still that active time bat you'd like nine a lot.
Speaker 1: Nine is great? Great, Well, I hope they'd make it again so I can play it.
Speaker 2: Last thing, the Minecraft movie Mike's favorite movie of the year. Have you seen any other movie in theaters this year, I.
Speaker 4: Saw that Looney Tunes movie that most people don't know. I said, I liked that. That was really fun. It probably made like six million dollars, so probably made a fraction of a fraction of what Minecraft's doing.
Speaker 2: That's interesting to bring that up because Minecraft Movie broke records with a one hundred and fifty seven million dollar US opening weekend, surpassing the Super Mario Brothers movie. And also, let's see here, I think it made some like three hundred and fifty dollars three here and fifty million dollars globally in its first weekend.
Speaker 1: That's pretty It's.
Speaker 4: Already made any more in the US in that opening weekend the Detective Pikachu ever did in the US.
Speaker 1: That's pretty well. That's nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were trying to diagnose this on your stream, and I don't have a good answer for this as well. I think it's like Detective Pikaju just had this vibe that kids didn't like.
Speaker 1: I think, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're comparing because of the style.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm like, why did Minecraft make so much money and Detective Pikachu didn't.
Speaker 1: I just want to answer to that. Well, movie, just tell me if you know, I'm happy to hear it.
Speaker 3: Minecraft. That's it, end of story. It's the big Minecraft, just as Minecraft. Like kids use minecrafts are like, we gotta do the Minecraft thing to their parents.
Speaker 1: I thought they did that for Pikachu. That's all. Is my big worldwide with kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeahs not popular with kids anymore because.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure the enthusiasm for a Pokemon movie would be the same. It wouldn't be in the same way, you know, because like kids just are ravenous about Like think about the Fortnite movie, you know, where it's got like or whatever, and like all the kids are go go nuts for it. Yeah, it's I also bet they are, so Chad is pointing out Detective Pokemon is like, not really what you think is really what you think? It's point thing Pokemon.
Speaker 1: It's a movie that has Pokemon in it. It is not, but it is also yes, obviously a Pokemon movie, but it is, Like I think you're right.
Speaker 2: I know you're saying that. Yeah, I agree. I think that's a big part of it. Honestly, I think if they shoot, like if a Pokemon movie came out the same vibes as this Minecraft movie, I don't know if it would do minecraft numbers, but I think it would be closer.
Speaker 1: To like Mario. Yeah, so yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: All right, that does for the news that I've I've gathered here and collated for everybody. I'm handing this show back over to our host Nicki Grayson.
Speaker 1: Thank you, I have it for not watching the program. Jeff had a small basketball and just threw it at a wall and knocked over like three things one thing, and I caught it with my foot, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say what it was because it's an expensive thing and it's embarrassing I saw it.
Speaker 1: Well, folks, that's it for the news. Nothing else will happen because we've talked about all of it. Never again, never again. We will be back momentarily with some electronic males. Wow.
Speaker 5: So there was Jingle Boom that was their Christmas one. That was their third song, right, and then there's we Bring the Boom was the original one, that's.
Speaker 1: The DK one, that's that's that's the yes.
Speaker 5: Still bringing it was another one, but then the new one is just unbelievably terrible.
Speaker 1: You should say, actually batter you just still kind of I.
Speaker 5: Want you to hear it, Kim, can we do the audio on.
Speaker 1: Theo Oh, are you saying Nikky that he's beefing? Are you trying to still be beef.
Speaker 5: I still follow them. I still like their stuff. I think it's on TikTok.
Speaker 1: You love playing ees as well.
Speaker 5: I like playing Ease. That's a good videos.
Speaker 1: It's just the one where they say ohio a lot.
Speaker 5: They do say ohio a lot And Okay, here it is. I got the the link here, I'll put in the chatays always gonna boom aj in Big Justice. Yeah, it's it's really terrible. And there's this new guy that just talks and memes and he's not part of the family.
Speaker 1: So yeah, wait, they got an outsider in the Yeah, he's.
Speaker 5: An outsider who does like these meme songs, and so he says the way he says quarterback in this song makes me so mad. I don't know if way to say that. He did a new way.
Speaker 1: To say quarterback, and it's awful. He's got a new way to say quarterback. They dropped a new way to say quarterback.
Speaker 5: And apparently it's a reference to a meme and I had to look it that. It was like, why is he talking about what's that's my name? Quarterback or whatever?
Speaker 2: People were mad that we're talking about just get shown on social media. He insisted this is all his idea.
Speaker 1: A j Big Justice started this ship. Let's see here, you're a dope.
Speaker 3: Here we go here.
Speaker 1: Can you do the video? No, I just have the music.
Speaker 4: They're walking backwards a lot. That's all what's happening.
Speaker 1: In the video. See kids like Pokemon.
Speaker 4: You love this the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 1: I'm sending this to my wife as soon as we're done here.
Speaker 5: You jelly House is the guy who jumped in on this.
Speaker 1: He's a whistler, is doing something.
Speaker 5: Oh that's yeah. You didn't get to the second. It's broke up into two different things. Damn you didn't even see the real bad quarterback.
Speaker 1: No, I'm looking for a second part.
Speaker 2: They have like five thousand videos though, so I don't know why is Big Justices?
Speaker 1: Why is his.
Speaker 2: Name like an American flag?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, all right, Well.
Speaker 5: What a new song about anxiety?
Speaker 1: Senator? Oh okay, for anxiety?
Speaker 5: I would give it a doom.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, someone have to play the part two in checks. I'm not going to go through all these videos. And he has a nation cruise to Rebecca Black over the Friday Music.
Speaker 2: I feel real bad about that because she's hot now.
Speaker 1: But that's all. Yeah, all we're doing now, okay, thank you. Yeah, Rebecca Black will be performing at the.
Speaker 3: It has been slain audio listeners.
Speaker 1: This guy, we bring the ball tik tako alive. I'll go. Patrick's is not the same part? No, not the same. Let when we to the room, it's let me hear you never gonna doom joom zoom.
Speaker 5: Just not what we just hurts the back to the same, never gonna.
Speaker 1: I think this song is good. Yeah, here's more. Here's more.
Speaker 3: Sure about them?
Speaker 5: Oh no, one grab.
Speaker 1: Right away.
Speaker 5: And now we gotta find another. That one's listed as part one?
Speaker 1: What is this? What list? It is? Okay? Actually, can we talk about what Donkey Kong games are? Mainline? Somehow that sounds.
Speaker 5: I'm moving the gold books.
Speaker 1: Play the emails music please emails uh email addresses bombcasts on bomb dot com. That's where you can send an email to us. I've never seen the email in box, so I assume it's only good stuff in there. When you have to put an email address in for something you're signing up for, you should just use the BombCast email.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coming back to this, just just use the BombCast email one time.
Speaker 1: It was I think it was mid pandemic, like midpan pandemic. It was the summer of lockdown. I signed John Warren of vgb's up for a knife defense class because I thought that would be funny. And the second email they sent him had an unbelievably graphic image of a guy who had been sliced open by a big knife. Gez just in the email. In the email was a picture of a guy who had been sliced open by a knife. So don't do that ideally, but game yeah, no gore please, but vore maybe bombcastigiant bomb dot com. This one comes in from Kevin in Tennessee. Any S must have is? Hey, bomb crew, what are some of your lesser known must play and S titles? I've started collecting recently and I fell in love with Blades of Steel. I also bought Fester's Quest after Blight Club. Wish me luck, Love, Kevin from Tennessee, Son. The black iPhone Steel is very good. I preferred ice hockey. Ice hockey is my favorite hockey game.
Speaker 2: Let me make sure ice hockey is that the one where you select skinny guy, middle guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a great concept. The fat guy. It's like you're just your.
Speaker 5: Guy, just a team of three fat guys. You're just reckoning out one. It's incredible play. So I don't know if it is pick the fat guy. Kickle Cubicle is one that no one ever talks about, and I love kickle Cubicle. And recently Mike was talking about, uh a little Nemo the Dreammasters, fantastic.
Speaker 4: That's a great capcom one. Another fun capcom one is Yo Nooid. It's starting the guy from Domino's Pizza. My sports game that nobody talks about that I liked was Bad News Baseball. Everybody does RBI Baseball, but I like.
Speaker 1: I do Bass Wars Robots playing base Wars.
Speaker 2: That was gonna be like, if you're playing sports games, forget that nerd ship that News Baseball, get some bass Wars has robots.
Speaker 5: Robots like five Baseballs out as a pitch.
Speaker 1: Yes, threads robots.
Speaker 4: A better Sunsoft license, top down kind of action game would be Gremlin's to the New Batch. Credible music and that was well. Also, Journey to Silly As is a great sun Soft game that maybe you have or have not heard of. Check that one out as well.
Speaker 5: Right, Radical Ninja.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good I really I had a great time making that one.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah when you were Kidney?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 2: I can't be alone in this. I can't be the only one who just heard this. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: You should go back do it again?
Speaker 5: Okay, everyone, Hey, will you take it again?
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 5: Quarterback. I was on stream the other night and I'm just who is this motherfucker? And I looked up his name is jelly House. Go to his YouTube and watch anything. Oh wait, it's like it's likely tought of chicken. How to say the word quarterback?
Speaker 1: Quarter back?
Speaker 5: Okay, yes, if the world was edging is the name of his son? Yeah, that's right. I'm gonna post that in the chat. This is if the world was edging?
Speaker 1: Us the juice? Get us the juice? All right?
Speaker 3: Hang on?
Speaker 1: Is this like if if I could buy the world a coke? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But he's wearing the same ship yeah and walking backwards again?
Speaker 1: Is he related to rollants.
Speaker 6: And phantom tags? And happened in Egypt? What are you out streaming? Were you in the war room? Sip and Johnny? Welcome ma man, it's a bear. Now think I'm gonna crash out.
Speaker 1: He's just saying thanks from the internet and protest stop stop protest. I'm gonna scream up right now.
Speaker 4: No more stop stop stop?
Speaker 1: Did it stop some more? Stop?
Speaker 4: Stop?
Speaker 1: Stop up Hello bodcast, I promised this trivia.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny is none of this would happen of jan here.
Speaker 5: Like oor way more of it or way more the right one or the other. Yeah, yeah, hell, I think because Mike too much, we need to get more promise.
Speaker 1: This piece of trivia is nicer than last week's chainsaw one. Bubble Wrap was originally created by two inventors putting two plastic shower curtains together for the purposes of a textured and insulated wallpaper that did and work. When they heeded the two shower curtains together, it produced bubbles between the curtains. They then thought it could be used as an insulator for greenhouses, which it didn't. They patented it for loads of things, including a sob condensation on toilet tanks, but none of it worked. Finally, IBM needed something to put in their boxes for shipping computer parts, which actually worked. Thanks for all you do, Simon from Saskatchewan.
Speaker 2: Funny, you could invent something and it could just be ship for five hundred iterations and finally, so I guess works for this and now I can make money. That's a sticky notes. They were trying to create like really strong glue for airplanes and like, so we need the strongest glue that's ever been made, and they're like, well we tried to do it. Here it is and it was the weakest glue.
Speaker 1: Possibly need weak glue? Floor, Yeah, here we have Look I put the paper on there. Yeah, yeah, thank you so much, Simon, thank you for all you do. You know, oh Simon or me? Are you thinking I'll let you pick?
Speaker 4: I did just save you from the meme songs fucking.
Speaker 1: Stop light on the Mountain tonight.
Speaker 4: To Kingdom of I chorus and it looks like I'm the queen and the snow is whirling like a thunderstorm inside.
Speaker 1: Couldn't keep thicking. Heaven knows, I tried. I think it stopped. I think it stopped. For hey, gang, remember that time the British government made you pay too much for your tea so you had our capital, our revolution. You should do that again. But for the switch to you could call it the Nintendo Revolution. Well that's pretty good. Seriously, though, I.
Speaker 5: Don't think Mike should be able to filibuster a bitch by singing Disney.
Speaker 1: I think that's a great I am getting what he wants. He does know a lot of Disney songs.
Speaker 5: You know, it's scary.
Speaker 3: Jeff, are you recording these songs for a local track?
Speaker 5: You could say, Sean and time them right?
Speaker 1: A show will in New jack City. Uh, yeah, no, that's true. Thanks appreciating. Let email again. I feel bad if you all start over. Hey, gang, remember that time the British government made Uke welded it.
Speaker 4: I went to I went to the Boston Tea Party Museum in Boston last year.
Speaker 1: We were there for Pexy Soun was great. It's a pretty good museum. It's like a show. It's like a yeah, you're a character in it. It's dinner show. There was no dinner. You can buy tea at the end, teas dinner if you're poor. Next question, Fargo TV in the bedroom. This is a yes or no question. Okay, for I.
Speaker 4: Thought it was TP like toilet paper like it was corn who wrote this.
Speaker 1: I have toilet paper in the bedroom because sometimes I don't have tissue box sometimes tolet toilet paper.
Speaker 5: Bedroom over over TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: As a kid, I loved having a TV in my bedroom.
Speaker 1: It's an adult se No.
Speaker 4: I look, I love I don't have a TV amore. It's just because I have a laptop that I use as a TV in there. But no, I loved having a TV and I need to. I know it's maybe impacting my sleep, but I like that time too much. I love my in bed just watching ship and playing the best.
Speaker 1: Part of the day. It's the best part of the day. I'm not sacrificing that for anything. My room is the front room of this house. It's the living room, and I have split it up into two distinct zones, so I have the living room side in the bedroom side, and there's no bedroom. I can't see the TV, particularly from the bed, which was intentional, and I have the couch in front of the TV. But normally I am. I do not think there should be a TV in the bedroom. I think it makes me sick.
Speaker 2: It's like the TV specific what Mike, what you described like switch and stuff. I do feel like TV in the bedroom feels like wearing a robe on a weekday. Like during the day. Something about it just feels slovenly. What's that word like, Yeah, slabbish, slovenly.
Speaker 1: I get you.
Speaker 4: You know what's messed up is that the audio version of this podcast is not gonna have those songs. It's just gonna have me screaming and everything.
Speaker 1: Get mad at me. That's not realizing. Just take the back up audio for that part.
Speaker 2: Please, no, just you don't do that anymore because I have got it set up correctly now.
Speaker 1: So if we want more music.
Speaker 6: If the world was edging.
Speaker 1: That, if the world was edging, oh my god, God, whoa what note was that? Buddy? All right, I've had enough.
Speaker 2: Also, boy, just now, when you have your breck at black Glow up, maybe get come back later.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Episodes we made a long time, you know.
Speaker 1: We listen and listen. There's there's always got to be a last one, uh, the folks. I was recently playing Allan Wake two, and for a good portion of the game I thought it might be one of my favorite games of all time. It unraveled for me a little in the back end of the game, but then my enthusiasm for it was completely destroyed by and this is a spoiler. Okay, are you ready for Allen Wake t spoilers? Yeah, the decision to force players to play through the twenty hour plus game for a second time to get the true ending. I believe this was an update to made some time after initial release. What is this some ghosts and goblins tribute that's in reference for old people? That created decision? That created decision left such a bad taste in my mouth that it's killed any love I had for the game, and even, at least for the time being, any interest I have for any future remedy project. Has there ever been a single creative decision made in a piece of work that you've otherwise loved that just led you to walking away from it forever? Love? CJ from Wellington, New Zealand. PS. I don't have anything fun to say in a PS, but it just seems to be what people do around these parts. Thank you, CJ. Wellington is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been into my entire life. Congratulations on living there. Yeah, does anyone have any creative decisions that made them so mad they walked away forever?
Speaker 5: There was that room and mirror's edge.
Speaker 3: You had to look up and yeah.
Speaker 1: People turn around.
Speaker 4: I don't know about like walk away forever. I hate to bring this thing up again, but the ending of Mass Effectory was so bad. I don't think I ever quite really respected that series.
Speaker 5: Again, I did not understand that blowback. I thought it was totally fine.
Speaker 1: It was awful. It was such a bad that was okay bullshit. Yeah it was nothing.
Speaker 2: It did not come up to what they were said it would be.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we don't have to drudge up this very old argument. But no, let's fight about it. Let's start check in with the meme guy. Yeah, okay, that's good.
Speaker 4: I seem like, I will say, it seems like everybody is on your guys's side.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Everyone's like, it wasn't that bad.
Speaker 4: I see some people be like, oh, changing it was bad for arts in general.
Speaker 1: I was like, I thought it was really bad relative to the blowback because you're not you. We just didn't.
Speaker 2: You weren't involved in the blowback. You weren't being a crazy person in mine. I just didn't like it.
Speaker 4: Who knows, it was like two thousand and ten. Who knows what I was up to, But.
Speaker 2: I don't think I was listening to little Exploding bar all the time you were not attacking the mass effect developers, sure.
Speaker 1: But like it was.
Speaker 2: I just like, at this point, relative to the blowback, I'm just like, yeah, this was totally fine.
Speaker 1: I feel like a lot of people. The good I was people should be allowed to end ship poorly if they want.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well I don't think they, but yeah, I felt that way about like the Matrix sequels that I just like, I don't want all this stuff in the real world, you know, like this is kind of like I like this stuff when they're on the highway doing cool stuff in the matrix, but the real world stuff if that sucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well I don't think. Well it's hard if Game of Thrones is not a video game, but this is. It's the one that came into my mind to answer this question, and I started to be like, oh, Game of Thrones, I liked it. But then I was like, actually, I don't know if I ever liked Game of Thrones very much, but oh, but that did get me how I met your mother? The end of that tell, the last season of that TV show has made me more mad than I think anything I've ever consumed in my life, because it it made me retroactively hate the multiple years of television watching enjoyment that I had, and then it made me sad that I had spent so much fucking time.
Speaker 2: TV show that, yeah, because it's years, it's not a video, yeah yeah, and it's like an time investment of my life. I do add that up in terms of like, Okay, I've been watching this for years. Oh it's hours of TV, sure, but I've spent years thinking about it. And then here's your answer they had with like Battlestar Galactica for sure, where I'm like, oh, that was one of my favorite shows, and it's like, oh, you just didn't have good answers for all these things you wanted me to think about. Why was I spending my time thinking about it?
Speaker 1: But you clearly weren't the worst part about not to fucking get on the fuck how I Met Your Mother horse. I can't respect when people don't have the the fucking courage to stand by the decision because they made an ending to that program that was would have been boring but better, and they were like it'll be on the DVD, which probably Oh really I met your mother? Oh they did? Oh yeah, it's really annoying. I am.
Speaker 4: I used to like start Trek a lot, and I was excited with the Picard revival and like I didn't stop watching immediately, but that whole first season was really weird. They kept doing strange things and kind of gory things, and they're like one scene where I had to watch a guy while restrained, get his eyeball kind of plucked out.
Speaker 1: And then the re cut and like showed.
Speaker 4: It was like, oh, why am I watching this on us Star Trek? It looks like a big like what does even happen? What is going on anymore? It's like it's hard to ever go back or tear again.
Speaker 1: That's tough. We've got one more email, Uno mass Hey bomb Gang, first time long time. Just wanted to shout out the crew for doing an insane amount of work. I love the addition of Mike manaughty and love it even more when he's being a fuddy duddy, along with the injection of youth from GB Kids is a Powerhouse and Dan is dan parentheses super positive. Good stuff, Gang, When did you realize your pet was smarter than you thought? Cheer singular Jan from San Francisco, whoever that is.
Speaker 5: You don't know My dogs I'm smarter than my dogs.
Speaker 1: The no, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Gizmo seems like he knows what's going on there. You know Razor laws, No, Razor smarter like Razor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he's dads comes in with sane, But Gizmo is just cute and dumb as rocks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One time, like shortly after I moved into my apartment in Providence, I set up my TV and then I put the remote down, and then I lost the remote. The remote was fucking gone, and I was kind of just stracked because I, like was I had just moved and didn't even really have the like the liquidity to buy another TV remote, So I was kind of pissed. And then eventually I got the I got the new remote, and I put the batteries in and I put it on the table and then I swear to fucking God, ten minutes after I put the remote on the table, Barley comes out with the remote in her mouth. This dog does not carry things in her mouth. It is the only time I've ever seen her do it. Offer this dog a stick or a ball to play with. She says, what do you think I am? Pull? What's this? This is this? I watched television. I am not going to Yeah, it is now stick in my mouth and no, his dog fucking walks in with the remote in her mouth and I'm like, you, motherfucker, like you could do you can do so much thing, so many things. You were actively making decisions and choices to not do the things that I'm asking you to do. And I was like, I respect you more this way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that that person said a lot of nice things about our show.
Speaker 1: I wonder, I wonder if we could get a check back in next week after they listen to this.
Speaker 3: One way or another.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think gang that is going to be it for this week's edition of the Giant Bomb Cast. Don't go anywhere though, known Tabby Touchy because Tam is going to play South of Midnight in just a couple of minutes, depending on how long this outro takes, and at this rate that could take another forty minutes. You want to play Joe played jelly House for the next fifteen minutes. We're just going to be great. So yeah, don't don't touch that tab No Tabby Touchy. Tim is going to play South at midnight tomorrow and for the rest of the week. We've got game breaking news. We've got dump truck on thys Day Over Grub episode three, tomorrow. Listen, that fucker is dead. You know out there he's dead. Why did you listen? Did you never love people like you should? And that's not true. I've always I love people. I've never said anything bad about people.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you did.
Speaker 1: The thing about people is he was with us for so long, for so long, and that's why I love him so much. Over So that's tomorrow over Grub.
Speaker 5: Yes, changing the time a little bit, Yeah in the day, Yeah, one pm.
Speaker 2: I think it's one huge Eastern time.
Speaker 1: We Eastern, okay. And then we've got Marvel Rivals season two stuff popping off this week. We're gonna play a little bit of blue prints. Uh and then on upf should we announce it? Now? What what our plans are? Yeah, let's do it? Opening a supermarket. Oh no, let's go back. Remember when I said we might be out of here and then the int the exit might take a long time. Where are you getting wax? I'm joking, it was a funny bit. Oh I'm sorry, Well, now you gotta go get wax. But ye guilt them into getting wax. Now we are opening a supermarket. We're gonna play Supermarket together on UPF this weekend. Uh. Then, yeah, it's in your genes. It's a blood record, the return of records market. That's what the bloodline is actually about. Record acknowledge me as I put a kit kat into the shopping cart and Sean did a bunch of computer work recently downloaded all of Steal My Sunshine, which is one of my favorite GB features. Uh and now that's free for you on YouTube dot com. Uh, free for you and for anybody. So just go go ahead and watch Steal My Sunshine. It's a good game. I think that one's one of my favorite ones because the cadence that you play it in. None of you are playing it for long enough to learn how the game works. And also you play it so infrequently that you don't remember you you got to play it, but Abby, Vinnie and Alex have no recollection by the time it comes back around. So it's something like the best memory. Yes, it was impossible. It's it's one of my fucking favorites. So go go watch Steal My Sunshine. And I think that's it. Thank you so much for listening. So I think actually, you know what, Sean, just turn it off there, just don't even don't even do anything, just kind of fade us out.