Speaker 1: Hi, everybody, This is Chandler and this is Chris. You're listening to X Reads the podcast. Everybody, we are back with another episode of Just Chris and Chandler. No guests, that's right.
Speaker 2: We are on episode one three and today's episode is going to get a little.
Speaker 1: Horrific, a little Scaryoo. Well, you know there's an exciting thing happening in the Marvel Cinematic universe. Oh yeah, why don't you tell me about it. Well, there's a little show called Marvel Zombies. It's coming out on Disney Plus, and we are here to celebrate how the X Men and Marvel Zombies have intersected in comics.
Speaker 2: They sure did, and they intersected in a big gory way they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are specifically going to do Marvel Zombies Resurrection issue number one. However, of course, the Marvel Zombies' original run, there were all sorts of Marvel heroes in that. Did you ever read that original run? Of course I did. I was obsessed. They were so silly. I remember the zombies. Their personalities were so funny to me because they lived on like zombie planet, right, so there wasn't that many things to eat, so they kind of were bored at the same time.
Speaker 2: That was kind of like later on down in the line and like that first set of issues that arc that was like the destruction of Earth. Oh you know that was everybody was getting torn apart.
Speaker 1: Oh right, yes, it's all about goriness and the cameos galore. Yes, yes, I remember I was reading the Runaways and really liking it. And then you can like see them as a cameo, like you know, as zombies in the background.
Speaker 2: You just have to keep your eyes pilled. Oh, there's so many Easter eggs.
Speaker 1: Wow. Well, you know they were super fun obviously. And then in What If the animated series, they did a Marvel Zombies episode and that was so popular that Marvel Animation decided to make their own season and they made a four episode season that is coming out on September twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: I believe one of my favorite writers is actually the writers on Marvel Zombies.
Speaker 1: Oh Zeb wells oh yes, we know Zeb Yeah. Yeah. Zeb was a guest on our Hellfire Gala Green Carpet live stream that we did with nerdst and he was super fun. So if you guys have not seen our live stream that we did, it is hyperlinked in our link tree. It will take you to the video on nerds Instagram page and you can watch us interact with all sorts of fun creative types in the X Men comic universe. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Well, this is going to be coming out on September twenty fourth this week and it is tvmah, so you know, do not watch this with the children, y'all right?
Speaker 1: Perfect for the Halloween season.
Speaker 2: Yes, and if you are in the Hollywood area, join me at Scummon Villainy Cantina where we are going to host a watch party and our special guest is going to be one of the visual effects artists.
Speaker 1: Very cool, how fun? Mm hmm. Well, it is bringing back some pretty epic voice cast members, I should say on camera co members that are known for their roles, but they're coming back to voice their characters in the series. We'll start with Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Rudd, Florence Pugh, Cmuleiu Aquafina, Hailey Steinfeld, Tessa Thompson, Randall Park, Imman Villani and Dominique Thorne. So awesome that everybody is coming in for these roles. I cannot wait to see this show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I actually heard some gossip. I believe there is going to be a new Blade variant that's going to be premiering in this called Blade Knight. It's voiced by Todd Williams.
Speaker 1: Oh cool, that's awesome. I can't wait to see him in action. Yeah wow. Well. Also, what's interesting, a nice little tie into X Men is that the character designer of what If Slash Marvel Zombies is Amelia Vidal, who is also the character designer of X Men ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I love her work. Yes, you have to follow her on Instagram because she's every now and again she posts the concept art and it's beautiful for all the different characters, like everyone you can think of.
Speaker 1: Very cool. Well, I can't wait to be shock, gord and amazed by Marvel Zombies when it comes out on Disney. Plus, I'm going to devour it, so to speak, the brains.
Speaker 2: What are some of your favorite like zombie shows or video games or movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good question because obviously I am not a horror girly, so I'm not into a horror genre. But of course I know lots of zombie properties. You know, obviously walking Dead. Oh you know what, there's a great Korean zombies series that Dylan Carter introduced me to, and it is called All of Us Are Dead and it takes place in a Korean high school and it was very entertaining. So I would definitely recommend if you guys like zombie content. I assume you haven't seen. It's on Netflix, it's in Korean, or you can do the English dub. And it was really cool. It was good, awesome.
Speaker 2: Well, I probably would be so vanilla and pick The Walking Dead just because, like I've watched it since the beginning. I read most of the comics and it's still going. They actually you know, end at the series, and now that they have a new way of you know, showing television through streaming, they broke all the characters up and you know, two characters to a new show and they just keep pumping them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like Dead City with Meagan, yeah, and Maggie and then Carol and Daryl, Carol and Darryl. Yeah. I actually just finished the Rick and ma shone one. Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I don't know, it's it's not groundbreaking, but it's good to have on and just continue a story and turn off your brain for a minute.
Speaker 1: No, pun intend it. Yeah, well you know, yeah, I mean Last of Us. I'm gonna give the Last of a show. Oh yes, well the show. The show is very good, the HBO show. The game was incredible. I remember playing the Last of Us. I've only played number one, but I was so engaged with the game and the story that was played and obviously inspired the HBO the Emmy winning HBO series Last of Us. Starrying Pedro Pascal, who we know as the Internet's boyfriend. Yeah it's Daddy Pedro. Yes.
Speaker 2: I will say that The Last of Us is definitely a cinematic, you know, masterpiece of video game. But I'm cheesy. I like things like Marvel Zombies humor. Uh yeah right, And if you like that like me, you're gonna like Dead Rising the video game.
Speaker 1: Oh highly recommend. Very campy.
Speaker 2: You know, you go around, like, as an example, a mall, and you're trying to save everybody and you know, put them in the safe house, and you know there's a time limit. It's very intense and a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: That sounds like fun.
Speaker 2: And you get to change into different outfits you and go shopping.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that sounds like a great gy. Well we are here to recap an issue for you, Marvel Zombies Resurrection number one.
Speaker 2: The Marvel Zombies rise again when the corpse of Galactus reaches Planet Earth, carrying a cannibalistic virus. Spider Man and a raging group of heroes struggle to save survivors and uncover the truth.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was published September second of twenty twenty, and let's go through the era. We gotta set the era. What was the top song?
Speaker 2: The top song of September twenty twenty was Dynamite by BTS.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, the Korean tie in. I'm not super familiar with BTS's songs except butter smooth like butter, and there's a words and stuff. And I did see them perform at the Grammys, and I remember thinking prior, I'm like, what is this big deal with BTS? And I saw them do their thing and I'm like, oh, they're so literally smooth, They're so sharp in their dance mooths, so charismatic. I love them, and I love K pop demon hunters, So you know, this genre is like opening up to me and like I'm diving right in, right into the deep end, and kpop I love that.
Speaker 2: Actually you know what the bts they were the happy Neil toy like last month or.
Speaker 1: Something, right, right? Yeah, oh funny. Yeah. The top movie of September twenty twenty was made in Italy.
Speaker 2: A heartwarming father son drama about a bohemian artist and is a strange son who travel from London to Italy to sell the family villa, only to confront there shared grief and broken relationship along the way.
Speaker 1: Oh. It stars Liam Nielsen or Neeson Lim Neeson is and Michael Richardson as the son, a real life son. Interesting. Yeah, I don't know this movie. Never seen it. I never saw it, Probably would never have thought it was a top film, but it was twenty twenty. Nobody was in the movie theater.
Speaker 2: You know what I was about to be like, oh, I'll watch this, but it's not Liam Neeson.
Speaker 1: I love, It's Leslie Nilsen. I think, Yeah, make it good. Yeah like what I was getting? Yeah, okay, got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah Leslie wi yeah yeah no, no shade to Leam. I'm sure you're fantastic and all that, but like I love Leslie Nielsen.
Speaker 1: Wow. Well you know that the congratulations for being the top film September of twenty twenty. Well, let's get into the Yeah, let's do it all right on the cover. On the cover is gory, it's a mess. It's Spider Man and he is so winging away from a giant galactus which is right behind him, and the galactus is reaching to him and we kind of see Galactus's face which is all snarled with his red eyes and he's obviously zombie. Yes, this is art by Hyak Lee. I love this artist. Also a Korean artists, Wow, We're all about Korea. And it is written by Philip Kennedy Johnson with art interior by Leonard Kirk, colors by rachel Or Rachelle Rosenberg, who is so incredible. I love her work so much. Letter as VC's Travis Lanham. And yeah, the cover is pretty dynamic. I love the cover artists so much. Now I was confused because I have read the issue that they allude to about how this mission went into space. They run into a zombified galactus. Fantastic forward select members of the X Men. However, this is the aftermath of that. So now I don't remember what that issue is called. But if you know listeners, if you've read this issue, you remember the name of it. I'm very curious to hear your thoughts because I thought that was a fantastic issue when they're in space and like everything precursor to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but on this we follow a different story because as we turn the page, we see the giant coal act is hovering over the city and.
Speaker 1: Everybody is running for their lives. Ah, I see a zombified storm.
Speaker 2: Oh my lord, who else do we have here? Is that a zombified Falcon?
Speaker 1: Oh? Probably? This looks like maybe a zombified Shane Chie. Yeah. Oh my gosh, there's so many different characters. There's zombie four hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You really have to pay attention because the more you look, the more you see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is this guy with the ball and chain on the car at the very bottom? Oh my gosh, I'm blinking. I know it's not It looks like it could be Luke Cage. It could be power Man. No, I don't know, absorbing manhead a ball and chain, I don't understand. But anyway, all.
Speaker 2: These superhero metahumans, mutants what have you are devouring all the humans who are trying to run away.
Speaker 1: They stand no chance. No, Oh my gosh, he's poor people escaping in the fantastic car. We see Spider Man, we see Mary Jean, and we see Franklin Richards and Valerie Richards. So that he is escaping with the kids. He has promised Sue that he was going to take care of them in their absence, and as they're trying to escape, incomes a zombified vulture. Vulture. I was about to say fulcan, but yeah, culture vulture. Anyway, do you want to do his like cry, Yeah, he's coming in with a.
Speaker 2: Creek, yeah, and he just dives right into that fantastic car, making it explode. They are falling out of the sky banged up.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, but thankfully the Human Torch is flying in to save them.
Speaker 2: But wait, wait, oh no, everybody hold on. We see the Human torches face. Johnny Storm is a zombieod.
Speaker 1: No, he comes roaring in. He is fries Spider Man's face off off. Basically, yes, half of his face is totally charred. He is the Phantom of the Bloody Opera now and he is falling to his death. And you hear in the boxes, says Peter, Peter Peter, and he wakes up and it's just like cut smash cut too the future and we are, however X many years in the future after this event, he is out of his Spider Man suit, I should say where. He's wearing civilian clothes over his Spider Man suit. And we see Peter Parker with a burn scar over his left eye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Moonstone and he's like, what time is it? Past sundown? And we pull back and see that there's more people in the room.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, we get Forge, and we get a Valerie in Franklin, Oh my god, yes, and a little Katy yes. And the kiddy is a flurkin a flirkin yes.
Speaker 2: And as you may remember from the movie The Marvels, there was a flurkin yes, and the florkin was the star.
Speaker 1: Yes. Well, and in fact, in the Marvels movie there was a bunch of flirkins because they had to absorb all the flight with one of the funniest scenes, I swear yeah, I swaar. That was one of the funniest scenes and it was the song use of memories from the musical Cats was so brilliant. So what do you think of Daddy Forge, Well, you know, he's more like Granddaddy Forge, you know, he has aged. We are in the future, and I've always appreciated Forge. I love Forge. I always thought he was an interesting character, and I love that he's a mustached person.
Speaker 2: I feel like, you know, when they do alternate story timelines and dimensions and apocalyptic things. Yeah, Forge is always kind of like one of the survivors.
Speaker 1: Am I right or wrong? Yeah, you're right. I feel like he's he's around. You know, he's a smarty Yeah, yeah, smarty pants. Except in this issue, which we'll get to.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, So now they're wandering through the forest because it's time to go, and we see Moonstone and she kind of lights up her hands so everybody can see. And Moonstone is a really interesting character. I don't know too much about her because I don't read enough comics with Moonstone in it. Yes, but her real name is Carla Soffen, Okay, and she began as a manipulative psychiatrist.
Speaker 1: Oh and she gained.
Speaker 2: Powers from a cree Moonstone. Oh, so that's why powered up.
Speaker 1: She's creed. So that's why she's kind of similar to Captain Marvel, because you know, she also has Cree like powers. Yeah that's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was actually a member of the Masters of Evil and the Dark Avengers.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so she's a baddie. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, she's more like an anti hero anti hero and she's like one of the Thunderbolts too.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. I see, I don't know anything about Moonstone, so thank you for teaching me all about her. As they're going through the forest, they start talking about an entity known as Nana, and they have a little problem with it. They call Nana it. They seem a little scared or sketched out by Nana. And we don't know who Nana is at this pit at this time, but we know that Nana is protecting them, and so we feel like Nana is a good character for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean val describes her as a creepy, murderous slave beast, yes, who is not a real person.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: But you know, I guess the whole reason that Nana was created was to make Franklin feel more comfortable because he was a kid, you know.
Speaker 1: Well right, yeah, So one thing that his sister Valerie says, or Valaria, she says, I'm not treating that thing like family. So my stupid little brother, everything's back to normal, and that sets him off I'm not stupid, and don't call me little. I'm still older than you. You oh nice, insecure much Whatever happened to your powers, isn't my fault, you little? Oh?
Speaker 2: Then everybody's just like h and they get back to back. They form a circle. You know, this is what you do in zombie world. That way they can't sneak up behind you.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, good, I gotta I gotta learn this technique. So well, what we kind of got in that exchange is that Franklin, who is older than Valeria for some reason, isn't he's actually younger or he presents younger. He is not aged for some reason we don't know why. And he can't use his reality altering powers, which is smart because obviously that could just fix the Yeah, I know exactly, So they take them a zombie exactly. Well, guess what happens.
Speaker 2: Crash crash, crash crash, and all the zombies are starting to come running at them all at once.
Speaker 1: Oh, and then Forge whips out his weapon, which is so morbid. It is the head of Cyclops.
Speaker 2: Yes, you see the head of Cyclops at the end of this giant cannon gun and his zark you know, the red beam is coming out of his eyes and you can see the teeth of Cyclops underneath it.
Speaker 1: It is a very clever weapon. It is. I'm wondering if he was zombiefied because that way it's still alive. Because I imagine if it was just a dead Cyclops head, it would make sense. But if it's a zombie head without its lower jaws so we can't bite you, it's just an undead head that is, you know, And then Cyclops is optic glass are somehow connected to the force world or I don't know, you know, his eyes are like dimensional portals to this place of pure force.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Well, I don't know, but it looks like he has this canister on his back and there's all these cords that are connected to this gun. Oh so maybe there's some stored up energy in there and he's able to filter it through the advisor.
Speaker 1: Perhaps. What I found really interesting, and they didn't quite get into it, is that they also have Valeria and Franklin have guns as well, and Franklin's has a hand at the end of his gun that is forming a finger gun. Yeah, so it's a finger gun on the end of a gun and he's going, I don't know whose hand that is. We'll say it's Havoc. I don't know. And then Valaria has a fire like a what do you call it? Flamethrower type, and so I don't know who's that could be either. You know, it's kind of interesting that there's a choice of this year. And again I bring it up of they're trying, they have been, try to protect these kids and treat them like kids, and you know, time is past and all that.
Speaker 2: But when they started out, he probably got this gun as a young kid and they handed it to him and said, all did you.
Speaker 1: Do is point your finger and go peo, peo, peo. And you know it's not as scary maybe yeah, but they're getting overrun, so they have to call out for Chewy, which is our little clurkin. Oh, and then we get this gory flurkin action going on that just devours the zombiece.
Speaker 2: Yes, with a big sharp yes.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to see if we recognize any of these zombies if they happen to be other Marvel characters, but they seem to be. They're MPCs, NPCs, got it. So the day is saved. Everything is fine. The Flurkin saved everything, but they say, you know, they keep your guard. There could be more. And they hear the bump and we're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, this is this is really freaking Forge out because he's like dark and you're like wildly shooting because this thing can come out of anywhere.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my gosh, cauld you imagine a zombie fie Nightcrawler because we know what bamf means. Yes we can.
Speaker 2: And guess what you were right On the next page we turn and we see Nightcrawler himself coming out of a bath going creepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now this is really disgusting and super cool for Nightcrawler in this sense of zombieism because his bottom half of his body is completely torn off. His entrails are hanging out, dangling everywhere. He has to crawl. But guess what he gets to bamp.
Speaker 1: Yes, he can baff anywhere anywhere he wants. He does not eat legs, no, So he jumps on top of Forge but Moonstone is able to zap him, but he bamfs away, and then he tries to get on top of Peter, but then miss is another shot bamfs away. He can't quite get a bite in but oh my gosh. What I didn't know, of course, is that the zombies can talk, that they're cognitive. I forgot about that part. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So let's see he speaks to German. He sits his mit deesem geshenk verden zd veldt ringing. So that means with this gift, I give you the world. It must be rings ringing, ringing. Anyways, I don't know what that verb is. So he's gonna give them a gift of the zombie bite.
Speaker 2: And then foo, Nightcrawler is exploding in a million pieces because there is a.
Speaker 1: Blast from a hand cannon.
Speaker 2: And we pull back and see that that hand cannon is coming from a sentinel.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's Nana and we learned that, Yeah, a sentinel has been programmed with a British Ladies whatever dialogue to make her less intimidating. M But yes, let's do Nana's dialogue. Do you want to be Nana? Sure?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Nana? How am I supposed to get a meat spond tissue sample? If you disintegrate them all the time, Miss Valeria, you shouldn't be touching such filthy buggers. Are you all right?
Speaker 2: Puppets barely. That was Nightcrawler. We got lucky. Thanks Nana, Oh, Nana.
Speaker 1: What took you so long?
Speaker 2: Are we?
Speaker 1: Are we going to settle on? Nana or Nana? I say, Nana myself? Nana? Yeah, all right, don't do Nana potato potato terribly sorry. Master Peter, I was clearing a nest nearby.
Speaker 2: Find anything of use?
Speaker 1: Why? Yes, Master Forge, I found something of great interest. There's a house just north of here, quite a large house. I believe it was once a skewed some sorts. And we oversee the X Mansion. Yes, and guess what surprise surprise, it is destroyed. Yeah, it's decrepit. Yes, yes, And then we cut to Peter going, are you freaking cadding big? He's like, we don't want to go there. Yeah, seriously, we've been using your routes. Forge, Are you telling me you've been accidentally and leading us to the X Mansion. Well, we're close to the actual Xavier Institute. I'm not taking the kids there. We can't take the risk. Peter's lived at this moment by Forge is admit that they go there. He's like, we need food, we need medicine.
Speaker 2: Yep, we need that and this is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is a giant mansion that is relatively untouched.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and specifically with Peter, his spider sense is tingling so hard all day, every day, all the time because the whole world is up in flames. Everything is in danger. He's suffering from horrible migraines all day every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they need some relief. Yes, so, you know, much against Peter's desire, Forge is like, let me put this another way. You don't own me or the rest of us. I'm going home with or without you, come if you want. And he just takes off into the woods and Peter is with a set face like, oh my god, I gotta go. Then they get to the school and you could tell it Forge is a little excited. He's kind of like, oh my god, this is great. But I love this this interaction of that at the very front.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ford says it has seen better days.
Speaker 1: Is the lawn like booby trapped or anything? What? Like a mind field? Geez man, this was a school. I remember this place getting bombed out like fifty times.
Speaker 2: Kids used eat lunch out here.
Speaker 1: Nana, did you ever were you ever here before? Dana? Oh, I'm afraid I have no memory of my time before you took me in, Master Franklin, why do you ask no reason? Yeah, so it's interesting to think that Nana. Oh maybe it was as a sentinel, is what they mean? I was like, wait, is Nana like a personality that was imported? I think it was an import personality into a sentinel, Like but like a consciousness. I mean, like that somebody's like psychic consciousness put into the sentinel or is I think this is like aih okay, So really the question is do you as a central did you ever the mansion? Yeah? Okay. I was like, wait, is it like a consciousness of another mutant inside the sentinel? Anyways, Nana has to stay outdoors, obviously too big to go inside and guard, and they're going to go inside and inspect the house and inside it looks spooky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything is just destroyed. But I like seeing the Easter eggs of all the portraits and paintings on the walls. A different X men like Professor X up there in the background. Yes, I see a beast in one of the portraits wearing a suit. Yeah, so they're about to explore everything. You know, They're gonna hit up the pantry first and work their way down to the science wing.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they circling down a hallway and it is filled with graffiti. Yeah.
Speaker 2: One thing to note is that the last time Forage was at the mansion, you know, when everything went down. Yeah, there was a brand new set of students that had just arrived and were enrolling, right, you know, and they were loud.
Speaker 1: Yes, And Beast was a teacher at that time. Yeah. Yeah. He makes a comment how while child's Xavier is great, Beast was actually the best teacher. He was the best with the kids. Yep.
Speaker 2: And you probably shouldn't give the name Beast to a guy like.
Speaker 1: That, indeed, is what he says. So they're walking down this graffiti riddled haled way. They hear a noise from the pantry and they bust it open, and he says, we're armed. If anybody's in there, back away from the door. And they opened the door, and oh my god, it's full of people.
Speaker 2: Oh, not undead, by the way, They are alive. We got old people, you know that lady back there.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they want to know if the others are gone. So obviously they must have either been trapped in there or they were hiding in there from somebody. Is that a zombie rat? Oh it is, Oh my gosh, get away from the shelf. Got gosh, don't put your finger there. Yeah, scary. So Peter says, come on out. We won't hurt you.
Speaker 2: In my head, I just had a whole fantasy of routituo wee zombie, you know, And he actually takes.
Speaker 1: Over the chef.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that just pulls his hair. It's like pulling his brain.
Speaker 1: And so as they're letting the people go free, this old woman comes up to Peter Parker and she goes, oh, you're Spider Man. You saved or I watched you save like a van full of people. Uh, it went off the bridge and you caught saved the whole family. And she says, God bless you Spider Man. Godness, that's so touching.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's so tragic because it's like that whole moment like was so meaningful at that time, but like where a living out right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah it feels so meaningless. Yeah, I know. It makes Peter start to cry and he reflects that he's so changed since the zombie apocalypse. Caden, what is he say? Chris?
Speaker 2: He says, when we found them in there. You know what, my first thought was, thought, they'll lead the dead right to us. They'll never survive out there on their own. It's kinder just to lock them back inside.
Speaker 1: These last few years, I've done things I never thought i'd do to protect Franklin and Valley, you know, but I've fallen so far that I'm weighing the pros and cons of saving strangers' lives. I don't deserve to wear the suit any And it goes Master Peter. Living humanoids approaching the main's entrance, and they run to the main entrance and oh my gosh, there's mutants. Oh lord, I think they're all mutants. At least two of the one is a mutant. They're definitely mutant.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, So we have this one savage dragon looking at mutant and yes, he's.
Speaker 1: All like, wait is he old and nool? What I'm like, you know, he looks like savage, but I was like, I remember anole kind of looked like that at one point. But anyways, Yeah, what he says is, boy, you all must be desperate as hell or just playing crazy? Do you even know where you are? You thought this would be a good place to hold up and I love how you know Bishop or not Bishop? Sorry how Forge says, don't tell me what this place is, Psycho, This was my home. And they're like, oh shit, that's a that's that's.
Speaker 2: Like he's a real ex that's like the real X man, like in the X Mansion.
Speaker 1: What yes, Yes, our savage dragon guy says X men. That don't matter a bit. Any one of us could have been an X man. That's why we came here for when the Galactus Hive came down. But we didn't find no mutants here. We found one, Oh the all strong whose hunger is gonna.
Speaker 2: No disrespect to your creepy monologue in cred but I'm gonna move things along here, says Peter. Your dead heads you were gonna feed instant people to the respond to save yourselves. That's about as low as it gets for me. But despite all that, I find myself holding a little bit bad for you guys.
Speaker 1: You know why, because you just walked into a fight you couldn't hope to win on your best day. Vlarius says, our cat could literally eat you for breakfast. It's a flirkh shut up, So do yourselves a favor. Take a pass, walk out that door and never come back here. Oh. They start arguing and we hear doom doom, Oh and he's begging. He's just like, oh, this is sir, you know they let they let the Actually I'll just read his lines. Master. We we we brought you mutates as offerings. They stole the others we are keeping for you. But but mutates that's even better, right Doom From from flesh came hunger, and the hunger was made flesh. Doom the vote spake. Of all my works, the greatest is the eighth. Were only through it. We won't be writed.
Speaker 2: Sprouch.
Speaker 1: We get a big chump as a zombiefied beast who's he like ten times the size of this massive cuts to the cat going this is I love Marbles. Is that it's like big bloody guts chomping. Then a cat reaction and they're all like fuck.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Franklin is very quick to think because he's like, oh my god, it's bast beast was on the Galactus mission with mom and dad.
Speaker 1: And then Forge is like, hey, Hank, it's me. It's like, no, Forge, we should we know. As for a super smarty pants You're not that smart in this moment.
Speaker 2: Stay back, Pete, he says, and then Forge continues, Oh my gosh, she.
Speaker 1: Says, I know you're in there, Hank. The smartest guy I ever knew was still in there, and we need you your old labs here. You cured the legacy virus in that lab. We can cure you this too, and be says cure it's you were curing.
Speaker 2: And what happens?
Speaker 1: Chandler tears Forge and half basically, oh.
Speaker 2: My gosh, it's like Dazzler at the half hour all over again. Forge, No, says Peter.
Speaker 1: And Beast goes, shh, it's not your fault, old friend. You just haven't seen what I've caught. Crash and Nana.
Speaker 2: Nana comes in. Guns are blazing. That hand cannon is firing off, and Nana is saying, do you.
Speaker 1: Hoar it, little Beast? For us, there is no death.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, Florkin is getting in on the game, extending all those tentacles out of their mouth and swap and trying to wrap up Beast.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Forge, that guy loved you, But can I be honest, I always thought you had a lot more fancy talk than game and Peter is just railing into Beasts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a very to me a Buffy the Vampire Slayer scene, because she's always doing her Quippi one lines. She's beating up people without punch, And this is what's happening with Peter.
Speaker 1: What does he have in his hand? Is that like a we controller? To me, it feels like it's two extension chords or like, you know, one of those multi prong things. I don't know, it's it makes no sense. Whatever he's flipping around, I don't understand it. And then it shows this scene of him rushing to a flip whip, whip whip. It must be just chords or something ripped off the wall. Well, all of a sudden, we hear a thump. Yeah, how did he cut the head off? I guess the cords with the chords and he goes, oh, he goes oops. And Franklin's doesn't want them to kill it. No, he knows about his mom and dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Nana reminds everybody. It's that they have shaer hive minds and as long as Beasts sees everybody, they all see them.
Speaker 1: Uh, And he's like, where are my parents? Franklin Richard, most beloved of the Eighth Pillar, says beast severed head on the floor. You were stolen from us. Your family is with him. He Who's Hunger will cleanse all worlds. They wait for you, He Who's Hunger. You were talking about Galactus. They're in the galactus hive. Oh, but nobody's seen Galactus hive in years.
Speaker 2: It's still near. Yes, and he continues, He who hungers gathers his Arby's in the Black Spring, the world behind the world where.
Speaker 1: The ending begins.
Speaker 2: Your parents wait for you. They are Franklin, come and see.
Speaker 1: And then Moonstone fries that skull because Moonstone's kind of over it, Yeah, to the point of where Peter's like, okay, well Moonstone. You look at the rest the mansion and Moonstone Moonstone and she walks out and she's just like listen, I'm so over this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like she is done, and Peter goes after her. It was just like, where are you going?
Speaker 1: You remember that resistance cell we ran with during the New York invasion, Max Bucky, those guys, Yeah, those were good times. I Mean the fighting was intense, but we all knew it mattered, you know. Good guys, bad guys, all of us and your whole devoted dad thing turn me on. It was cute, it made me want to help. But the hero gig was never my thing. Hell, it's barely your thing anymore, and suicide missions to the Galactus Hive are definitely not my thing.
Speaker 2: I won't let them go after Galactus. I'll stop them.
Speaker 1: Keep telling yourself that don't go. Good luck, Pete. I hope you make it, and she flies away off into the sky and he has abandoned Forge is dead, moonstones on. He has a robot and two kids and a flirk in yep, and they're literally already working on how to get to the Galactus.
Speaker 2: Right, like wasting zero time. And they're they're really quick, like they're far along in their plan. They're like seven steps ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. He's like, we're not going the Galactus high oh, but they're they made up their mind. They're like, we're going, We're going and cut two Actually.
Speaker 2: I know, I just but before that, I just love Peter's tan Trump.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just like, will you please listen to me for once in your lives.
Speaker 2: There's no cure.
Speaker 1: You think we didn't try that From the very beginning, those things cells die, they even turn as science whiz like you doesn't get that you can't cure a dead organism.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm sorry. I know it's been hard, and I'm sorry I haven't done better by you. But Moonstone just left us. Forge is dead. It's just us now. The only thing I have left is keeping you guys alive, looking for your parents, looking for the Galactus hive.
Speaker 1: His suicide, yeah, suicide. And they're a little defeated and they're like, Okay, well more dead are gonna be coming, so we better just get out of here. Oh, I know.
Speaker 2: And this is a very powerful panel because Peter looks down and on the floor he sees the gun of Forge with the Cyclops visor attached at the end of the I mean not just the visor, it's his whole skull yea. And in the background, one of the portraits fell to the ground, and it's kind of the team in the old original costumes. Yes, and we see Forge and I believe that's Gene Gray and in the background is Beast and on the left is Cyclops alive.
Speaker 1: That's horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So to see the juxtaposition of that gun and that portrait is just so powerful.
Speaker 1: It is. It is. The artist did a great job with that. We flashback to New York City. The Fantastic Car has ran into the building. Peter's face is half burned off. He's looking for MJ. Of course, because we haven't seen MJ in the future yet. What happened to her in the Fantastic Car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Franklin val because there is also other people there too, And then yeah, he sees Franklin.
Speaker 1: Are you guys okay? And he says, spider Man look out, So crack spider Man goes flying and he goes not married, Jane spider Man, thank you for watching the kids. Mother will take it from here.
Speaker 2: Ooh, and we see the Fantastic Four and they are all dead zombies.
Speaker 1: Oh. Then Peter wakes up from Miss Nimara who kids Chewy Nana No no no, no, no, no no, and he's looking for them. He's running through the flour She cannot find them, and he's like, please, don't go after them alone, and like alone, they're not alone, Pete. Oh, and we see that Moonstone is now a zombie.
Speaker 2: Destroyed and the kids are knocked out unconscious.
Speaker 1: And so is the flurking. Oh no, the flirking. Oh my gosh. But she's like, you'll see, this is so much better, and we hear quick, quick, quick, quick. We have no idea what happens, but all of her body parts fall apart.
Speaker 2: Wow, now let me see. Yes, and all you know, everybody looks up to see who this is, and we see who Blade And he says, before this one showed up, I overheard the other two saying they knew how to find the Galactus hive room for one more amazing. Yeah, and he looks like he is about to kick some major booty.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh so cool. Well, how fun. That's a fun issue. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Next the failing swall.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, the failing swall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a really cool cover. I skimmed it and I did not see Nightcrawler in there. I think he's dead.
Speaker 1: So he was on the cover of number two. I know it's a track.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for doing that with me. I am the scary really a lover eim a scarly girly or not. And I'm so glad that we got to go do a zombie escape blow.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right. Yes, it was super fun. Yeah, that was actually kind of the jump scares kind of scary. I had no idea all those hands are going to pop out of that thing when we all locked that other thing with the key to the thing. Yes, escape rooms are a blast. Like when there was that moment where you had to get on that like slide and like lay down and go in the creepy like like a refrigerator thing. I was like, absolutely, I'm not I'm Robbie, you're doing it, said our friend Robbie in there like that wheel in there. I'm not going in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we we we started the motorcycle you know that was in this like shack or whatever to escape, and we escaped the zombie horde.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Unlike when at San Diego Comic Con we did the Walking Dead experience and they turned Peco Park into a giant optical course.
Speaker 1: That was the.
Speaker 2: I know, but like we're talking about zombies and I had a giant fishball margarita, and then we were going through the course and you pushed me into the zombies. You said take him, and you ran away and you were safe and I dined.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly. I don't have anything to add to that story. I'm just I had this episode. I know you now, bro. I learned things about myself that do whatever it takes to survive. And the drum come over. A friend has no chance of surviving. No, we're gonna sacrifice them to the zombies so that others may live.
Speaker 2: I know, like if I were in like a zombie survival settlement, settlement might like you know, used to the group will be like the Canary and the coal mine thing.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, oh, no, Chris died. We're in real trouble now, you know exactly he's in the red shirt of the group. Oh my gosh. Well, yeah, what is zombie coded episode? We love it. We love a good zombie moment. It's also you know, spooky season. We love October, yeah, slash late September, fall, autumn, bring it all on. You know, as somebody who lives in Minnesota, I get actual autumn, so you know, we actually grow pumpkins. Oh you know, you know, it's like it is a real deal. So well that's awesome. So when you are watching it on movies and you're like, oh, that's what Halloween's supposed to be, like, it's actually real in Minnesota. Wow, not here in La where it's like ninety degrees never yeah. Never Halloween here. Okay, everybody, it's time for un County news segment. Yes, the news. We are going to be appearing at Los Angeles Comic Con. Oh, we got so much going on there, that's right.
Speaker 2: Los Angeles Comic Con is coming up this weekend at the Los Angeles Convention Center Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And we are not bringing just one, but two Marvel casts to the show. We are having a X Men ninety seven booth where you can meet leonor Zan Rogue, Adrian Huff, Nightcrawler, Holly Chow who plays Jubilee, JP Carliac who plays Morph, as well as Gi Augustini who plays Sunspot for autographs and photo ops.
Speaker 1: Very cool. Yes, and we also are bringing five cast members of Marvel Rivals, the epic video game by net Ease Games. We have Daniel Marin, the voice of Nomore mar As you know she is. Sorry, Mara Mahra. I always pronounce your name wrong if you're listening. I know you're not listening, but Marrage, you know, the voice of Storm, Jordan Reynolds the voice of Adam Morlock, Alpha Takahashi the voice of Silock, and Elia Mountjoy the voice of Winter Soldier. Also in addition coincidentally is Xanthi Hoon who is the voice of Dagger, and Stephen fo the voice of Iron Fists, who are also at the con. However, they will all be appearing on a panel on Saturday at four o'clock on the Gaming main stage in the West Hall, and stick around for the cosplay contests where we will be doing Cosplay Contest and Alt Line Contest and the cast will be judges and we'll have cool prizes. I believe we're just finalizing the details, but that Funkalo Pop is going to be bringing some of the new Marvel Rivals funkos. I don't even think they're out yet. Wow, this is like your chance to get early access to the new Marvel Rivals Funko Pops. That is amazing. That's worth entering. Oh my lord, my gosh, Well that's pretty cool. Yeah, I'm excited about it. Yeah, Los Angeles Comic Con.
Speaker 2: I used to work there for half a decade and it's like coming home every time.
Speaker 1: So exciting to see everybody, a big reunion.
Speaker 2: What else do we have coming up in the news, Oh, my gosh, don't we have a show called The Uncanny Experien.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we do have a Yes, The Unkey Experience will return in twenty twenty six, September twelfth and thirteenth, So we are a year out, but man, we are cooking some really fun Oh oh.
Speaker 2: We got a big head start and we are laying the ground work for some epic things. Yes, I guess we can already announce. We have our first guest announcement out, which is Leonora Zan, the voice of Rogue.
Speaker 1: Yes, she will be returning. Of course. We have Eric and Julia Lee Wall, the creators of x Men, the animated series, returning. They've been with us every year. We love having them mm hm.
Speaker 2: And you know we are going to be announcing something very cool. If you love the world a Xavier Institute and you want to live the life of a mutant student, you are going to want to tune in and stay tuned too. Uncanny exp On, Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yes, Blue Sky, Facebook, all of those channels will be announcing something pretty cool on October first. So yeah, I can't wait. Yeah, the world that we've built with our House Exavier, House Health, fire House Pride, and House Morlocke. You know, we have we have an institute full of personality and we can't wait to see how it's going to shake up.
Speaker 2: So be sure to visit thee Uncanny Experience dot com and get your tickets.
Speaker 1: You can also sign up for text alerts to be the first people to find out about this exciting stuff that we reveal for the uncan Experience. Just text the word unc hanny to six one two four zero nine seven zero seven to three.
Speaker 2: That's right, and you will receive Cerebro signals and the X men will be dropping y'all text.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, all right, Well we'll see you on SCHW next year.
Speaker 2: Yesin Skew Bye. X Reads is recorded in the United States.
Speaker 1: Our theme music is written by Austin Wintrey.
Speaker 2: Please make sure to follow our podcast to be updated on when new episodes appear every first and third Wednesdays of the month.
Speaker 1: Follow us on social media at X reeds podcast That's the letter, X riads podcast on Twitter, Instagram, at Facebook. Thanks so much for listening. Bye