Speaker 1: Judge me and I'll cut your friend.
Speaker 2: What do I care? That's a yellow pumpkin.
Speaker 1: You're a racist.
Speaker 2: All pumpkins are racist.
Speaker 1: The difference is I admitted four finger Discount dude.
Speaker 3: Ooh is Trespar nineteen here on the four fingered Discount network.
Speaker 2: I'm down and I'm going that was a pretty half hearted boom.
Speaker 3: All right, this is the one I do with the kids that scares them. Right, and Holly always goes, do this, do this, do the creepy laugh, and then when I do it, you stop it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You ready? That's pretty fucking creepy. I heard that in like a spook house or a ghost train. I'd be suitably weird out. I chase up and stop it at the up. I'm dye. It sounds both goofy and spooky. Yeah, which is a you know, two great tastes that don't taste great. I think I can trust this guy, but he's kind of scary. Oh yeah, no, you certainly perv It sound like trus Foreign nineteen. I really enjoyed this. I know about you. I thought this was a nice blend.
Speaker 3: Again of I could have done without the start, the political stuff at the start, pretend that never existed.
Speaker 2: Right that. That's because you know what that was.
Speaker 3: That was a little what would you call that little one of the things at the start, they're bumpersump bumpers, like between you. Yes, So that got leaked I say, leaked with those a few weeks beforehand because I think the Simpsons are trying to see him somewhat.
Speaker 2: Cool and hip. Yes, on the cutting edge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that got leaked before this episode came out, and I think that sort of threw it on there because they're like, oh, yeah, this is from Triosa hors.
Speaker 2: We had to put it on there.
Speaker 3: Now, it's incredibly data makes no sense, almost to the point where I feel like you just take it away.
Speaker 2: Now. It's a time when voting wasn't a horror show.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I just watched this going political stuff in teen era. The Simpsons just never lands anymore because it's they make it so specific.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're not talking about the broader political machine. They're talking about specific candidates in twenty twenty four. You know, no one really no, I mean, and you lived through it. Yeah, we think about Obama because we never know how good we had it. We'll be back we'll be back in Michelle form. Yeah, this Treehouse of Horror not necessarily my favorite tree House of Horror Peanuts fans. That surprises me. I must admit that was We're gonna go ahead to favorite moments already.
Speaker 3: Just as as a parody. I thought they did a lot of respect, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad that they rounded out with that, because you know, if you finish up with something solid that sounds a bit sketchy, that will make up for any problems you may have had at the start or in the beginning. It's like, oh, at least they stuck the landing. And you know, anytime you do Peanuts and you do Peanuts faithfully and lovingly, yeah, that's all right by me. And I just think it's this.
Speaker 3: I think it's great that we review this specific Treeouse of Horror on the week of Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Essentially it worked out well, is still sticking the landing of it. It just lines up for us like this doesn't it? It does? We don't planners, watch is going not everything lines up, but this does. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I just thought I was nice that they were able to blend Thanksgiving and Halloween together to one thing and make it makes sense, and it's actually a lot of love went into it because they had to go through a lot of loopholes in order to make it happen, to the point where they couldn't even call it It's a great the Great Pumpkin because the legal issues that changed the name. But they finally got that iconic music, even getting well the.
Speaker 2: N's I want to say, Ben's Garaldi, isn't it, yeah, GARDI, Yeah, I think if you get that, that's pretty much shorthand for like we got the ok from Peanuts. Yeah, if you get that music you're doing, and you get some very Peanuts are like characters. I'm not there are the Peanuts characters, but I know that they've got some Simpsons characters doing. They've designed Charlie. Yeah, when you've got the dance at the end, when you're going, it's just like it.
Speaker 3: It's a spot on parody, even to the Twins, three and four coos. Yeah, and there's there's one can't know who who is little?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, that looks like the same kid from Peanuts. So yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I just appreciate just from a visual perspective, I liked this. Sometimes though they do these ones and It's almost like they do it just because they want to make the Simpsons look like these characters without any story there. But I thought this a good twist of we actually know you actually do see the Great.
Speaker 2: Pumpkin and he kills people. Oh yeah. So I enjoyed that one very much. Having said that, I mean, I've got to say for the other two, but then for the notes for the first one is like, oh, that's it rot parody, yeah, and then then the second one like yeah, pretty weird premise. So I really I think the second one was my favorite of the three. Really, I just think I felt.
Speaker 3: Very much old school Tres to me, where it was gory, but at least I had a point to it in a sense that it wasn't just killing people for the sake of killing people, and it wasn't really a parody of it.
Speaker 2: It almost felt like an original idea. That's what I liked about it.
Speaker 3: I had the mad Men intro and it was that's the time for the advertising, but it wasn't a mad Men parody in any way. I just liked the original idea of Homer gets paid to kill celebrities, and I mean, me being a marketing guy, I just love the idea of these guys would pay someone to kill somebody to use their image, because like, what's wrong with those guys?
Speaker 2: They're alive? My marketing brain, I really enjoyed that story. Okay, well, you've been very persuasive because you are a marketing guy, so you're selling me on this concept. I've benitially it was a pretty weak premise, and there the aspects of it that I did like.
Speaker 3: I the Transformers one. I was never a Peanuts kid, so I mean, I appreciate the Peanuts one at the end, and I know all about it now, but I think I enjoyed I'm saying that nothing. I enjoyed the third one more than I enjoyed the first one. The first one I like because it's taken the mickey out of the Transformers live action films, not the original animated one, where it's just why are you coming to Earth and fucking our planet up?
Speaker 2: Leave fight somewhere else please. You're talking about Michael Baby Uncle Baby films. Yeah, I must admit that makes a whole bunch of sense. I'm really I haven't revisited the Transformers movies. I mean, I kind of admire them for what they are. But at the same time, I do not enjoy them.
Speaker 3: I admire the fact that they made him and the studios a lot of money, Like, you've got a good concept, milk that cow, you know what I mean. But I just got to the second or third one. I went, but I'm not enjoying these anymore. It's just cgi robots just crashing into each other.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's just a lot of sound and fury signifying.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but now that you mention it, and now that this episode mentioned like why are you on Earth? Is there any specific dog because the all Spark ended up here? Or didn't he find the all Spark there? You can fuck off?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's about to cyber trump. That's what they're taking a me you here, like go away now. Yeah, it's just pointing out the flaws of those live action films. But I just liked the and I can imagine the animators enjoyed the transforming. I thought that was a cool concept seeing all the little.
Speaker 2: It looks smooth, and it seemed like they had fun with.
Speaker 3: And there were some genuinely funny moments in there as well. I thought throughout each segment had genuine funny moments, which is what we want to watch the Simpsons when you get it as much anymore. So when you get it, you got to cling onto it.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, you can tell me about those when they come up, and I will say yay r nay. All right, my favorite favorite moments. I've got a bit of green here in the notebook. What are your colors? So green is favorite? I've got pinker slash red for trivia questions, always these colors.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, I'm going to make a T shirt pink red is going to say the trivia to say yes and favorite.
Speaker 2: And orange for any final words for our amazing listeners. Okay, why do you highlight that? Why do you just run it at the bottom? Why do you highlight the final ways? Why don't you right at the bottom? I like highlighting enough. I'm not going to I was just wondering. It seems like you're ridiculum of system. But a bit of green in the notebook. There are a few favorite moments, or at least talking points. Everyone who listens to the show knows that I am a big fan of Sawney, So I'm a big fan of Slunky because I like a good knockoff. So yes, the square slinky that is completely impracticable, the slunky. I enjoyed it. Also, I think this. I think this Transformer's segment of tree House of Horror indicated something I always found sort of mildly horrific about the Transformist movies. Imagine being an Optimist Prime when he decides to change Optimus. Primes are pretty cool, dude, seems pretty chill looking at your best interests. I don't think he's going to you know, it's not like you're going to be in a terrible car crash or something and you just end up an absolute bone heap. I think, right, I'm going to change now. But you know you're going to be safe. You know, you're buckled in measure people in an insensitive Transformer who's just like, I give a ship, it's not going to change, and you know I've got a person in there bad like you're gonna get purade. When it was happening, was watually going, oh this is horrific. Oh yeah, oh yeah. The first time you said it in the first Transformers and like poor Shire, you probably signed up for three movies. Uh so, yeah, that's horrific. I thought it was kind of funny that in the end they realized much like why are you guys fighting? Blah blah blah blah. I was like, oh, yeah, now that I'm fighting, which is the enslaver, which is the point of the segment. Indeed, yes, well I thought it was still funny. As I mentioned earlier, you get the do Do Do Do Do Do Do? I love the Peanuts music. Oh yeah, who does not feel good when you when they hear the Peanuts?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: I love that they got Psycho Killer as well. Again, yeah, they've really got a deep, deep pocket to fit the segment as we did. And also Millhouse's prayer to the Grand yeah, pretty good, not bad. It's a real prayer. It's a real prayer. Yeah in this sense, Cree, it sounds like a real prayer, but it's just been adjusted to it's just tweet as it. Yeah. Yeah, so here the pumpkin, Millhouse's prayer to the Grand Pumpkin is similar, similar to the ninsense Creed. Yes, yeah, so I enjoyed that bread.
Speaker 3: Nice sense, Creed. I'm not religious, I know how to pronounce it. Nice sense creed is that it I wouldn't know. I apologize saw you people out there who I may have offended.
Speaker 2: Please don't with my idiocracy. Oh it's not idiocracy, just ignorance. Please don't strike us down. Please don't please force your gold on us. Any favorite moments from you? Oh? I enjoyed.
Speaker 3: The fact that the robots in the first one were kind of so when HA was like something, we're going in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no no no no no no.
Speaker 3: I liked you mentioned something before and you ruled one my favorite momentes. What were your favorite moments?
Speaker 2: Again? I ruined.
Speaker 3: I didn'truin it, but ruin. What were your favorites? I was going to explain it. I've got nothing written here?
Speaker 2: Was it so longer? He was a team? Yes, it was Planet of the Taste. Damn, Now you up one of my tricker question. I got ahead three.
Speaker 3: So that's the kind of human that I love, Like seeing a ridiculous mickey like but in an advertising format, the Planet of the Taste, I'm like, that's good. Anything else that I enjoyed, I'm sure we'll just get into it. Whilst where also doing our review.
Speaker 2: Someone pointed this out the other day, and I mean, I grew up with the original Planet of the Apes and its sequels and all that kind of stuff. So it's one of those things you never really take for you never really considered too much if you've sort of seen it when you were there at a formative age, and it's like, oh, my feelings about it are not necessarily said in stone, but you know, I've got a default setting for how I feel about it. Then someone said the other note, like, it seems pretty weird that Charlton hesn't didn't twig that that was our planet when you know he's landed on a planet there where it looks a lot like a and breathe the air and all the apes will speak in English. Were you food at the end? It's not such a fool. It's kind of like, did you see it though?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but I was about six, but didn't everyone When I first watched it, wasn't that one of the first oh shit moments?
Speaker 2: I think? So yeah. But at the same time, it's like, oh, yeah, that's right, a lot like our planet.
Speaker 1: Is.
Speaker 3: The question, though, is if we went to another planet, it might speak English. Maybe I might speak a language that is spoken on Earth, not necessarily English.
Speaker 2: But true. The Lovely Luis and I were watching last night, we were just we're both exhausted. We don't want to think what can we watch on Netflix? Investigation Alien was what we watched where you watched some horrific it was we weren't so goes down every time you listen the new show, you were so that we weren't able to watch it with some degree of critical thinking. Would you tell the latter malt is the kind of ship that you watch on television. I'm sure he watches some shit as well.
Speaker 3: I'd like to know what shit let the letter Malton watches and like when he and his lovely wife when they're sitting down on the couch, we can't be bothered. What are we gonna watch? Imagine if the letter Malton just watches nine Fiance, I mean that he may do, he may do.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not a completely dumb ass persons, you're dumb mass But what I'm saying is that you know, even the smartest and most sophisticated among us will occasionally watch Investigation Alien, where.
Speaker 3: Some of those shows I enjoyed in the first time I watched, they're all just the same thing.
Speaker 2: I was viewing it from the degree of Okay, well, you've got this veteran journalist like I've been on the UFO beat for forty years. Amazing, I've stayed employed doing that for that long. But the more evidence they were putting forward, it's like, I'm really interested in the subculture of these people who are, you know, from various so called branches of authority. And it was like, yeah, I used to be an Air Force pilot and wow, no planes don't do that, you know, Yeah, I used to work with this a someone's keeping secrets.
Speaker 3: It's like, it's great, I saw I witnessed a great boss moment when it came to someone trying to take the mickey or bring down someone who belieds in the possibility of alien life and your flahs blah blah blah games that we're having one night, and we've got a couple who are pretty religious, right, and they're doing it and they're talking about UFOs and the religious. The husband from the religious couple said, there's never been proof of faith. It's all fake. You actually believe that stuff. And he goes, you know, church, he goes, and he goes prove there's a god.
Speaker 2: Next game, please jujitsued me with faith. Everyone sat there going is that the time.
Speaker 3: He has some more rice crackers, please, Alan's ally biscuits. It was it was just one of the most to be like, man's.
Speaker 2: Got a point. Oh yeah, oh yeah, that's always checkmate when it comes to religion and stuff. Yeah, you don't want to be questioning someone's faith if faith is the want a stone of your sort of belief system, buddy, Yeah, I believe. We want to believe. I don't care.
Speaker 3: We don't bring someone else down because they believe in it, correct. Yeah, I enjoy like I said, I enjoy watching it. Like you said, it's fascinating scenes people who are so absorbed in that world and they just they believe, and that's that's up to them. That's the choice, right bus watch's going it's just the same story told by a different person. It's just all the same shits. Like you know, I was abducted and the photos are always blurring. It's like if they were real. We living twenty twenty four guys. Everyone's got full four K devices in their pockets.
Speaker 2: If there was literally.
Speaker 3: A spaceship in the sky, it wouldn't be blurry footage. We would have footage of it.
Speaker 2: Well, this has sort of this had some I won't say four K footage, but it certainly had mobile phone footage of you know, there is lights in the sky and whatnot. All the song is dan though, was I want to believe? Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the beginning, it's like the following documentary May and when I contain AI used footage.
Speaker 2: Next question, you there eating the beast? What are the names of the two I guess quote unquote transformers that are duking it out in the city city square.
Speaker 3: They name each other by name they do. I was gonna write down I'm glad you did because I didn't Optimus and Megatronic. But who were they?
Speaker 2: They were Carnage Destructicus and Bestamus Muccho.
Speaker 3: Yes, actually one of my favorite moments I did, like sex Toy? Where haven't I been?
Speaker 2: Doube's about sex Toy? It was very, very obvious, but I was like, I'm I appreciate that you went there. There are times when I'm thinking the ship is the Simpsons a show for kids? Is the Simpsons a show for adults? Is the Simpsons a show for both? And how far can you sort of push the needle in either direction? Yeah, you're going to strike that fine balance and sex. So I felt a bit like, well, let's pushing it the critique.
Speaker 3: I would have a secure to come up with a creative name for rather than just just sex toy. Yeah, if it was something else, we like, the adults knew what it was, and the kids at home were like, hey, he spoke in a funny voice.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 3: Where if you it's one of those perfect jokes were in the classic era of Simpsons, it would have been a name where the joke would have went over youhead the name of him, and were going, oh, that's what he meant. The name sex toy needed to be something that implied sex toy that wasn't sex toy.
Speaker 2: Yes, it would have been funny, funny play on dildo.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what I was thinking as well. Yeah, and as you go, you would have gone, whoa wait a.
Speaker 2: Minute, Yes, as opposed to just sex toy.
Speaker 3: And as an adult, you wouldn't care if your kids saw that because they wouldn't have got it anyway.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just sex toy. I thought I liked that you went there. I thought, just make a little bit more created, just a little bit, just more as a tree.
Speaker 2: What he fixed that joke. 't see any more jokes. We fixed this episode. We're the fixed boys, were here to fix your episode.
Speaker 3: What booth did Homer go into first? Did you try to get into it's too wide for it?
Speaker 2: Was it booth number three? Great? Yes? Yes, I have one more question for him. Neil Armstrong is pushing country style of ragou on the billboard. Where will it send you? Mars? We'll send you to write all those down all that's all the slogans.
Speaker 3: I was this big marketing man. I I liked all the slogans, all right? Which dvd' did home aget for Christmas?
Speaker 2: TV? Show? And season? You got sign film season save correct?
Speaker 3: That's all I got, boy, And I liked that because it feels very nostalgia. Now, when you get a season eight of sign felds out, I'm going to get it for Christmas, it's like getting us paying fifty bucks for a particular season of a DVD.
Speaker 2: It meant something. It was special.
Speaker 3: You'd get it home, you'd open it up, you'd watch the special features. It was just it was a thing. It was indeed a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't get that anymore, do we? But they did.
Speaker 3: They even make special features for TV shows anymore. What's the point.
Speaker 2: That's a really good point. It's been a maybe not locally. You might have to sort of go international for.
Speaker 3: That, because there's some shows on Disney Plus, like Andre and I have four K releases. Special features are few and far between. They're not nothing special.
Speaker 1: Ooh.
Speaker 3: It was like we like special feeds, fifteen minute retrospective documentary kind of thing.
Speaker 2: But it's just like that's not an Oh, he was so great to work with, those bullshit things. It's like, that's not a red no. I think you have to wait a few years or even a decade or so down the line before you know, start getting retrospective documentaries about certain things.
Speaker 3: All the rings your favorite documentary, correct, I like them very much. I really like Empire of Dreams. I think I've mentioned that before.
Speaker 2: That is a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very good one. When a documentary has its own name, Oh yeah, when it's a feature onto its Yes, it's very good.
Speaker 2: I've got it on my plex as its own standalone film. I'll ask you one more. You got more questions for me? I have no more.
Speaker 3: I'll skin through my notes and try and find one more for you.
Speaker 2: Then, because I like to have three. It's just plays on my OCD. I can find one more of it if it will ease your OCD. If I two have three questions, that would be much to make it feel better. Yeah, homers ring the newspaper in the first segment of Tree has a horror. What's occurring on the front page. I don't know when was you watten the newspaper. It's when it's like in the kitchen. Yes, okay, now what was it? Christmas occurs?
Speaker 3: Christmas that's a good name. Christmas the ca that's just a classic. That is classic, simps as Christmas ocurs. My final question for you is what do they end up having? Prince sal Uh?
Speaker 2: It's sea So I've forgotten exactly what drat resistant grat resistance seeds bad that they killed Prince. We lost Prince not long after this, eight years after When you get to my age, time just goes died yesterday?
Speaker 3: I was Bowie's twenty sixteen or the Prince die the same year? What did Prince pass away?
Speaker 2: And have a look that sounds better because I think I think twenty sixteen. Yeah, I think we were talking about twenty sixteen is like shit, yeah, wasn't it Rickman as well Bowie, Prince, Rickman, maybe some others. We passed away in January. We lost Prince in April. What a two piece feet of shitness. That was.
Speaker 3: January and April within three months was Prince and Bowie's like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: And then then the end of that year, you know who got voted into the White House. Oh? Rickman died four days after Bowie. Oh my gosh, same week, eh, twenty sixteen. It's when the tide turned man. Not a good term, isn't when you met love of Luiso? No, that was twenty nineteen o ninety. I thought you did it for seven years? Those five years? Is it? Do your mates?
Speaker 3: I thought, I thought you said seven last time. Anyway, Nikola and I doing no. Twenty sixty was a good year for us because Ford closed, right, which meant we finally got to go on our honeymoon and we went in the Holiday of the Laftime and we got to spend great time with the lovely folks at Simpson's HQ. And then we went to Dubai, which actually surprised me. Dubai was the place where Nicholas, We've got to go there, And I was like, do we have to got there, and I was like, this is the cleanest, loveliest fucking place I've ever been. Like, they do a good job at cleaning this place up, but this place.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Let me let me just read out some other people who died in twenty sixteen, just because this is fun. Alan Rickman, David like Gene Wilder, Glenn Fry, the Eagles, will he won't go by the way. Oh yeah, happily, the author of A Bird to Kill a Mockingbird, Abe the Goda from The Godfather. Can you get me up the book for old time sake?
Speaker 4: Can do it?
Speaker 2: Sally Gary Shanley, Muhammad Ali died in twenty sixteen. Leonard Cohen, Prince, George Martin of the Beatles Fame, Carrie Fisher taking Way Too Young, Anton Yelchin. Oh, and also Maurice White of Earth Wind and Fire. Ah, what a good year. I suppose I guarantee you if you go any year. Oh yeah, that's the okay, everyone homes like, yes, people die every year. Guy.
Speaker 3: That was a lot of people and a lot of high There was a lot of people who people loved in a very short amount of time. When we lost Bowie Prince and Rickman altogether so closely. I was like, Oh, Harry Potter's no can reunion, Bowie's gone, Prince is gone too. Princess felt like the guy that was just gonna live like a hundred. Yeah, it's like the Keith Richards. Obviously it was never died. Okay, how's Keith Richard still going? It's incredible, right, It's because he used really good heroin. Yeah, apparently that's what. And didn't he snorty his dad or something? I think that's an urban legend. Print the legend, print the legend. Yeah, exactly right. If you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger Discount, but you're tired of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discount family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities.
Speaker 2: And so much more.
Speaker 3: So go ahead join the family today and support your pals Guy and Dando for as little as one dollar per month at patreon dot.
Speaker 2: Com slash fourth Finger Discount Stone cutter time for you to read it the names. Go for it. I'm gonna need to turn you want to read them out? Actually you should do it. You should. That's a bit of fun here right on four figure discount and turn the laptop around, all right, turning laptop around, read them out, mister Davis, and you'll need that to scroll down at Okay, Well, first of all, a big shout out to our one hundred dollars patron Katie g Yeah, his hands together as excited our fifty dollars patron Andrews. You have to provide a little commentary here, Andrew. That's right, Yeah, there's nice like Freaky Friday.
Speaker 3: Uh you know, beauty of Because sir Andrew isn't actually on a Patreon, he just don'tates fifty dollars to PayPal so that we don't have to pay the extra Patreon fees each month as well. What an absolute champion? What a lord has have any else of you considered doing? And what I do is I send him the unlimited Patreon feed so he gets access to the podcast, but he's not paying us through Patreon because Patreon take a percentage as well as like I'll pay you straight to PayPal that way friends and friends and family, so it costs him we get no fees.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, that's the way to do it. People and a skirt in the system. It's pretty sniff, that's say. It's pretty sweet line. We're not saying it all the time. I mean, he knows, he knows what he is. What is it. Let's talk about our production buddies, Zach Prutt and Andrew Swanny mcswan. It's just Andrew Swan. I don't know we're giving him the mix. He's not Bodie mc bow face. He prefers the mix swany. I think does he Okay, you're mcswaney to us, Swanny, but you know, keep up the good work, Lord of disc good Now. I've got a big list of names here. It's not in the usual order. The Dando does it. I don't think it seems like there's some new ones in here, or the two at the top of the ones we always forgot.
Speaker 3: But we need to start with our man Mark Mike Salter, because he's in posting memes each week. Because every time you guys forget to read my name out, I'm going to post the meme asking him why am I getting the memes.
Speaker 2: I get my name it out. Mike Salter, supporter of ours on Patren read the name out, It's done. It's done now, Mike Salter, you say it, Mike Salter. Mike Salter, Mike Salter, like Shelter, Mike Salter. Now get any more mean people just like saying Salter? Are we going to? Hey, Mike, make with the memes. You know we like him. We've said your name a lot, but still keep with the memes. Here's some other names, top not stone killers. I was about to say, stop top tier. Maybe they our top tier.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I think the top tier guys are the ones who just read out anyway. Paul Warner, Isabella Murphy, Jonathan Rossi, Rag Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean Deebe, Pete Anderson, Timothy Belson. I'm getting into the Dando rhythm because now we're in the familiar one. Ryan done. Did I just say Ryan done?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: You said it now though? Ryan done that? Kevin Dental Plan Flood, Shannon Hofer, Bella Winderbank, Jack McFadden, Heath applebe Adrick McLeod Lewis Cavana, Mark Treleven. It's funny. I'm saying he's all in my head, cause I've said it so many times. Rhice, Roberts, Ginger and Pickle, Preston Murray, Talia andez Leah See, I'm not used for this said not tre eleven. By the way, is it treleven or true? Evan?
Speaker 3: It's true even I said tre eleven. I think it's true, Evan, I don't know said. We've said both.
Speaker 2: There we go, you get both versions back. I'm gonna get it right, Taliah, Taliah and Talia Enriquez, Jake mccarto, Decklan Phoenix, Brian Masado, Jake Mesado, you say McCay mabe, I've said it on this whole time. Hey, Jake, get in touch. Let's I've been in touch with it, so I'm just assumed I said it right. He's probably gonna get in touch up this. Don't let guy read in the names anymore. He's fucking them all up. Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Josh Elliot, Logan, b James Sheppard, Joe Ridden Sick, Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavin Lang, Damon Millier, Damon Miller, pardon me, and Charlie Joe.
Speaker 3: Now, of course, if you have joined us on Patreon this month, you'll get your name it out on the final episode of the month. You get to you give your five dollars plus supporter of our on Patreon. If you are a twenty dollars plus supporter of ours on Patreon as a Stonecutter, you will get your name it out on every episode.
Speaker 2: That was fun reading those out. I felt like I took Dad's car out for a spin. You robin your hairs together a lot. Well, yeah, it's cold. Let's get into our review of Trios of Horror nineteen al let's get to the meat of it all. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: The original edit of this episode was November two, two thousand and eight, production co kab F one six. The featured music was Stuck a Killer by Talking Heads and the Peace.
Speaker 2: That's is it called the Peanuts? That it's called the Lucy? And what's it is it? Lino? I wasn't a Peanuts kid? What's who was our millhouse in this episode? He was Linus, Linus, Linus and Lucy song. I think it's called Yes, I think it's called anyway. It's great, great music. Yes.
Speaker 3: Written by Matt Warburton and directed by Bob Anderson. No chopboard gag or couch gag, which is a shame. I hope they don't do too many more of these. I think that was just still every four years.
Speaker 2: But the Simpson's gonna have.
Speaker 3: Political based episodes if it's a taking the mickey of politics in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not timely shit like this. Look, but it's once every four years. I can live with it.
Speaker 3: No, I don't, because The Simpsons is forever, and I just think you're watching this now this makes absolutely no sense.
Speaker 2: Well, you've got wonderful technology in the power of your hand. We can go. Man, it's give you a head ten seconds, it's give me her twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: Okay, thirty So the first episode is our first seven is untitled Robot parody, but we get different version of Transmorphis or I.
Speaker 2: Know you do. Don't want to talk about the political stuff. I did think it was a nice, funny sort of side gag that Kernie was voting.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, yeah, they are. Basically the plot of the political start is it's election day two thousand and eight. They're claiming that McCain's going to rig the elections.
Speaker 2: Turns out he did or no.
Speaker 3: In this Episodeyeah, yeah, as I say, I don't think you didn't real life, I don't. I remember President McCain.
Speaker 2: No, we had thanks a bum.
Speaker 3: Yes, so then we get the untitled robot parody. But it is Christmas shopping for Lisa. Christmas shopping. I've done all my Christmas shopping weeks ago. I got out shopping at Christmas Times too many people, Elliott had a birthday party at Times and at four thirty on a Sunday laser quest at time zone and and with I'm was like, God, look everyone just looks stressed and unhappy and look at their phones, and it's just I'm like this, I feel I used to enjoy going out at Christmas time. No, you don't now I don't.
Speaker 2: Is it Lord twenty twenty? Has has it changed? Or is it just I'm getting older? You have changed? And also the world has changed. Yeah, I don't know. I was just like Ice.
Speaker 3: I like going shopping with mum, but Mum probably dreaded it. It was like pick up the Christmas present. Mum was always there picking up the Christmas presents of Christmas Eve, kind of mum that You're.
Speaker 2: No, no, Mom, We're not like that. Okay. I have found myself going to YouTube and finding footage of like Males from the nineteen nineties as well, and then I'm so old. Yeah, it's got a nice sort of synthwave soundtrack, which is, you know, sort of taking the music that you're here in malls and just sort of, you know, fuzzing it up a little bit, putting a synthwave spot.
Speaker 3: Like when there's no music over, it's just the sound of the mall, and that just sounds pleasant. No one's on their phones, people are talking to each other, they're probably you know, kids are hanging out.
Speaker 2: It's a good time, good time to be alive. People are shopping. People speaking of people be shopping. Yeah, actually, do you forget me? Forgot me? What so you forgot me?
Speaker 3: Not the last minute gift store. I like the joke taking Mickey out of themselves, like I've got time to read all this. It's a sidekay, but you haven't got the time to read it all. But he goes to the ninety nine cent box, go through a bunch of stuff that listing and he an Optimus Prime esque truck drives up and he transforms into the truck goes now at least doesn't want a truck and can transform into a malibous states invertible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll buy that. It's Christmas morning.
Speaker 3: They give Grandpa three minutes of oxygen through more extra minutes, he goes outside to play with it, and then passes out.
Speaker 2: Through the window. Let's it for Grandpa for the episode, I believe. Let me ask you something. Do you give Tree House of Horror episodes a little more? Do you cut them a little more slack when it comes to blackly funny gags? That's what these ones were designed for. A Yeah, yeah, so you'll cut them a little more slack. Yeah. So if you had Grandpa's like, oh, I've got my auction. Oh I've used my auction. I passed out in the snow. If you saw them in a regular episode that was not Tree House of Horror.
Speaker 5: You go.
Speaker 2: Might you be inclined to go, oh, it's a little mean to Grandpa? Or I think at this point probably not where you think your nerve ends are just deadened. I think they'd probably even do that joke in the golden era. I'm just curious. I'm just answers. That's not just asking questions, because know what.
Speaker 3: It is, it's not them being cruel to Grandpa. They gave him three minutes of auction. Can I go away side and play with it? Sure, go for it, and they're too busy, apty, more present. I don't see him.
Speaker 2: Pass out if hover turning went oh well pull the blind down? That he did turn ago and then but did he? I thought maybe I actually remember him going, but I thought he was just or maybe he was looking at one of his other presents. I don't maybe, Yeah, you're right, that could have been it possibly. Yeah, well that that is anyway not needed. Like Joe Rogan, I'm just asking questions.
Speaker 5: Hey, Lee's I think I see one with your name on it. I don't know how you could tap last year's gift A box of your burps?
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's your stocking stuffer. Wow?
Speaker 5: I now with Stacy convertible. Oh by an actual present.
Speaker 2: That's right, Maggie, it's a car.
Speaker 3: I thought they could have done more with this, and they don't. So Maggie sees the robots shoot the angel and it puts the dummy in her mouth, the pacify in her mouth when she's when she start trying to point to it, I thought, maybe the story is going to be no one sees these robots except for Maggie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's trying to get everyone's attention and it's just a baby. Yeah. Could you drag them out for seven minutes? I don't think I would make it central, but I would make a little sort of feature. Yeah, yeah, that Maggie's trying to get the message these robots are evil. But are they evil? It's just they're just using Earth as a battle as their as their ring. Yeah, wrestling ring, that's right.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Maggie, I highly recommend if you haven't already, I'm assuming you have fan check out the shorts on Springfield on Disney plus the Maggie based short. So the longest staycare is one. I think that's what he won the Academy Award for Best short Field for. My two kids love them. They've watched them repeatedly.
Speaker 2: Have they promoted those shorts with the tagline eat my shorts? No they haven't. Okay, interesting, you know Bart's tagline was eat my shorts for didn't you ever say eat my shorts? Go with the bit? I know you, but you're so convincing. You're such a good actor, almost Pacino level acting there, Pachina, What was that for a tease for we might be doing we might be talking about the might be we are we are, We're working at the finer details of it. But the next episode of the movie Guide with Malton and Davis that we record uh is going to be an al Pacino special because he's got his memoir out and Leonard and Daniel and I would like to talk about al Pacino.
Speaker 3: Each going to pick their favorite performance by Alan do a brief sort of summary of his career and his highlights or whatnot as well. But you're going to go into detail about your specifically favorite performance.
Speaker 2: At one word, duncancino. Don't we now return you to tree Housebards? How the film was that it was Jack, Jack and Jill. Yeah, oh.
Speaker 3: My, but it kills Meliby Stacy whilst Lisa is sleeping, and he says possibots, So they call possibots possi bots, transform snooze three ways, so they get like a kind of a dog gag there with the three way there go all the way with sex to story Yeah, which, as we've already dicussed, could it be funnier? Homer then notices the robots in the kitchen something different. No, no, no, no, The toaster transforms into no toast has never lied to it before. Then Homer leaves and the car transformed into Optimists. But I thought, wasn't that the toy that he bought for Lisa?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Has has the Simpsons car been a pozzibot all along along?
Speaker 3: Don't ask questions anyway. It transforms turns into what we know is Optimus Prime, and he fights the megatron s version of them, the Robots, which is Flanners Car.
Speaker 2: You're kind of stacking the deck against Team Megatron when you call his team the Decepticons, right, stacking the deck in what way? Well, it's oh, you're just so, you're just evil? Is calling yourself the Decepticon? I can't trust you? It's like this, they're so good at what they they're so evil they don't give a shit with your trust them or not? Okay, would Acepticon call himself a Decepticon? Come on, guys, really, who are we fooling it? Finally, your boxing David lives up to its name.
Speaker 5: Well, if I had to guess, I'd say the two alien robot racers who've been battling for centuries, it's chosen our planet as the site for their ultimate confrontation.
Speaker 2: It is a good planet to settle things.
Speaker 3: And the robots is battling all over town. I've got the fight in the quickie mark and making the Nacho machine cry. The Margins confronts him and says, what are you doing? What are you fighting about? Like, we actually don't know. Maybe that's playing what you were talking about earlier. It's like, wait a minute, the first film, we got what we came for. Now, why are we fighting. I'm pretty sure there's a reason.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure that at the very end of Transformers one, they've got I've betrayed the old bark or whatever, and you've got is it Peter Cullen as the guy, he's the voice of Optimist. To this day, he's the voice of or. Oh wow, he's got range.
Speaker 3: When Jim auditioned, he spoke to you were there. It was Jim auditioned for Winnie the Pooh and he actually thought he was going to get e Or and they called that this and the agent said you didn't get and he was like, all right, whatever, it doesn't matter, but.
Speaker 2: You are winning in Tiger. Well that's much better. But I believe that optimistic voice by Peter Callen gives a bit I put the call out to all transformers.
Speaker 3: I am optimists, pretty dope. I remember leaving that first film going well, Ship's changed.
Speaker 2: We talked a little earlier about sticking the landing. You close out with what was it? Lincoln Park? Do Do Do?
Speaker 1: Do? Do?
Speaker 2: Not a good movie Transformers, But that first was all right for what I have to be. It was pretty good for what it was. Live action toy commercial with boom, crash off, maybe cry. I think in that a c g I robot Bumba was about to die. He's being held hostage. I was like Ship, but it closed closing out with what I've done. That's pretty rad. Yeah, I'm getting fine. I'm thinking about it right now.
Speaker 3: Looks like when Matrix finished with Troupe. Yeah, what's the fish machine? Yeah, it's not killing the name of it's wake up, wake up, of course, it's wake up.
Speaker 2: He wakes up. Yeah. When the end of a good song is what does iron Man end with? He said?
Speaker 3: Or it just I'm Ironman? Yeah, because we don't get the iron Man's song until the second one, or was it in the first one.
Speaker 2: It's on the it's on the trailer. Yeah, but in the movie, I don't think it is. I think that's a little too I think it was a little too on the nose. That's black Sebath. What's they use a lot of a C d C in the in the Iron Man movie? Do they not Black Sabbath? I think Black Sabbath do Oh? Yeah, yeah, but I think Iron Man Iron iro Man one at least has got back in black it really Yeah, what point at the very are when Tony starks in the convoy and it gets blown out? Of course it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, speaking of we just showed Elliott and Holly School of Rock for the first time. Oh yeah, they fucking loved it. Jack Flake is so good at that movie.
Speaker 2: See, there's that's the other I mean when I was saying before, I don't know if I was saying it while we were recording, but we're talking about you know, new movies are out starring I don't know, Beloved gen X and Millennial Figures. New movie on Disney Plus called Nutcrackers with Ben Stiller. Isn't new be on? I guess it's on Foxtel at the moment, Called Dear Santa. Oh no, it's Santa or dear Satan. That's right. Yeah. The gist is that the kid sends the land letter, but he's dislexs it, so he said it to Satan. But Jack Black, isn't it. It's like, why is this not like a bigger deal? Like this is stop Black? It's stay Black? You know you love him from the School of Rock and those Jamalji movies. Just be we are mad at each other, doesn't mean you have to destroy our town. That does not compute, really good, compute a little.
Speaker 4: What's this whole intergoactictive about? Anyway?
Speaker 2: You know I don't remember, neither do I. Hmm.
Speaker 1: Maybe the non transformer thing is right.
Speaker 2: Thank you human grandmother for pointing out that it is futile to fight if we do not know why.
Speaker 1: And now that we are not fighting each other, we can team up through it.
Speaker 2: Slveral flood it.
Speaker 4: That's great because working together you could Okay.
Speaker 2: Who's the idiot who taught them what foosball was? Heyt They might enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Now we get how to get ahead in devertizing. We get a parody of the mad Men introes, which I appreciate now because I have seen all mad men and this was just something that Aligine had the idea of doing this parody. It's almost like, we'll do this intro, let's just base the story around it.
Speaker 2: But I thought that.
Speaker 3: I think that's why we got the original idea. I just like the original idea here in this story, just Homer has got to get for killing famous people so advertisers.
Speaker 2: Does he really? Maybe he sort of does by accident. That's the thing that kills Krusty. Yeah, I know that's the jog.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, so crazy Ethel's DAYCA. They're dropping off Maggie here where your child learns to trust strangers, and they say they'll be back in three hours, and I can say.
Speaker 2: Should be.
Speaker 3: It's always hard the first few days when youre droppingr kids off a DAYCA and they don't want to leave, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, imagine it would be tough as a peop whenever you do it.
Speaker 3: You're always on your phone constantly seeing the updates and have enough dated like an hour, what's going is she alive? What's happening here? That's kind of like when you drop Lloyd's kids off a school and they said, don't leave, guys, that's true, we want to stay with you. You ever drop the kids off for school.
Speaker 2: I picked them up from school. Yeah, I might have dropped them up once or twice. So make you park around the corner. Oh yeah, it's like you no, now real dead. I'm not even a fake dad turned into Denzil. We cut off this ship out right? Wait, okay, let me do it in regular boice. I thought it was pretty fun. Yeah that voice is fine. Okay, we just watched the Pelican brief last night. Good movie. Some guy got roasted on Twitter because he was doing like every other actor. He was doing like a TikTok of every other actor in Gladiator Too. That's right. I will fight for room because I've got an inexplicable inlex accent. Denzel Washington Gladida two. That's right, my man. Those are all pretty racist. Second old bad Denzel impersonation I had that glad Air Too is pretty out there. I've heard it's kind of not good. Yeah, we wanted to be good. It's just yeah, anyway, I said, with all due respect to the great, really, Scott, make a Valien and Blade. Dude's pushing ninety. Yeah, I wouldn't have him. You should not be in charge of a car let alone, a two hundred million dollar production. Really's not He's got no skills, no more. I want to burn. I guess someone's not appearing on the movie game. Actually I think really can he seems like a salty old dude. Yeah, anyway, this may not make it anyway.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so Margeres dropped them off three hours so much as concerned, and Homer points out that don't worry. That's there's just a face you can trust, the face. You know, it's Crusty, the Crusty mural. She's going through and she's having a great time.
Speaker 2: And then the real.
Speaker 3: Crusty is there fully justified asking him to Sam blast his face off the wall because there's unlicensed use of his image. I get that they make money. You go some daycares and you're like, you did not pay for this Disney mural on this wall. There's such a little fish there to get away with them, thinking you could just come here one day and go take it down.
Speaker 2: Unauthorized. Yes, but Sam blasts.
Speaker 3: Crusty's face off, and crusts on the phone. He gets us and the troops what have they done for him? But if I hear some say, what have they done?
Speaker 2: For me? What have you done for me?
Speaker 3: But Homer confronts him, saying, you maye my little girl cry, and he accidentally sends him into a wood chipper. Just various wackiness ensues and he ends up in the wood chip. But the Goldberg contraction incredibly, incredibly brutal. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did like Home trying to get pushed the heart though it's been gruesome. Maybe my tree has a horrus standards, but yeah, I get where you're coming from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes you got to go pretty gruesome. But I wouldn't the kids watched this one though, if that's for sure. I was wondering about that when I was working out. I did like the joke about intellectual rights being infringed.
Speaker 2: You know what that's like? Hahah because Krusty is based off Home's design. Ah, yeah, that's right, little in joke there.
Speaker 3: But he Crusty has passed away and the blue head lawyer arrives with I want to say, advertisers, right, is that.
Speaker 2: Who they are? I guess so, yeah, they're meant to be quote unquote mad men. Yeah, they might not meant to be Don Draper and Rogers Stonele. I would have liked it that it would have been good. That got the Madman cast for this, That's true, it would have been cool. Yeah. I just think they have mad Men ended so well. Yeah, I won't say we don't want to. I don't want to be few don't spoil him. But it does have an we go. It's nice, makes a whole bunch of sense. Yeah, it's in keeping with the what's the show's about? Over and it makes the show feel like this was in the real world. It's a happy ending.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's also a to a guy who probably didn't deserve it. I'm gonna throw it out there.
Speaker 2: He was just a He's a complicated man, old Don Draper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, complicated but also not very nice. I mean he but yeah, as I like to say, who among us? Yeah, he did things that you and I probably never do though, oh probably not. It was a different time and it was a different and he was a fictional character. That's that's what the show are lot heavily on. It's a different time. Yeah, but it was a different time.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you finally did it. You mixed buzz cooler with the smooth, rich teaste development. Unfortunately, there are certain stars who won't do what we want which their problem.
Speaker 2: There's still alive. And then we thought, who's good at killing celebrities?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: That's right, Homer. Would you be willing to acquire some more accounts for us? Well, you know it is awfully hot today. No, I'm too cold.
Speaker 3: The first one he has to kill is George Clooney in the quicksand very deep cement or whatever it was. Yes, then he kills Prince just very brutally with the guitar, just like smashes him of the head and stabs him.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I didn't like that.
Speaker 3: And Neil Armstrong, what's the way of getting back at Prince for sucking up that episode?
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: They wrote a script and he was like, I'm going to have my man rewrite the whole script. You know what you're not gonna do.
Speaker 2: Rerune a caron Brian script.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Neil Armstrong here, this is funny, all the elaborate stuff, and it ends up with just the golf club getting hit with the golf club. Then he sees their ads in Times Square. This is Times Square, doesn't it it does? Yeah, homoson Times Squad. Look at all the various ads, so novelty vomit with more chunks. It is brought to you by George Clooney've got Princess Choice, drought resistant grass seeds, and country style country style Love country Style the way Mommy used to make it Country country Style. Ragu sends you to Mars. Everyone's now in heaven and they're all angry at him, and they show the ad about John Wayne. They're using John Wayne's license and whatnot. Then what what of Lincoln's gay jokes here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? See we mentioned this on a previous episode. How there has been the kissing pennies. Yeah, kissing pennies and recent allegations or discoveries or whatever that Abe didn't mind the company and men on occasion or his wife had an understanding. Yes, well according to this episode, Yes, but George Lucas, George Lucas, No, George Washington, I should say, and Lincoln not equally important in the development of American culture.
Speaker 3: Exactly right, Yeah, and especially when it comes to South Park. Yeah, that's one of the best episodes of South Back of all time.
Speaker 2: I loved it. Anyway, So George Washington here on Lincoln there in an ad were being married together. Prob. Jimmy Stewart here just cops it you can call much. Yeah, he tries to stop rush. Okay, wouldn't see Now you're you're doing what we always do. We're trying to do Jimmy Stewart. Yeah, but we end up doing that. What did you rum? And I love speaking of that was actually one of my favorite moments. We'll get to that one gag. Yeah, Lennon says, all we are saying is let's eat some brains, host ronning a big kick ass party now with a chocolate fountain. The money you got for that was by killing Kate Winslet. Okay, Wednesday, She's one of my favorites. Don't ever kill that. Never never died Kate Wensdow. She was on my first crushes. Besides, I was like, oh my Winsley, come on the movie guy, Kate Winsley, Yes, do please do for just unlimited praise.
Speaker 3: Of you so golden my throes at Ninja stars and Margin's head on explaining golds God was the the Prime Minister of Israel from sixty nine two seventy four. Good knowledge, guy.
Speaker 2: There's one thing I know. It's Israel. Yeah, well, if Hanker's area is going to do a dreadful Prince Boys. In this episode, I'm going to do a very stereotypical Jewish voice. But that was its time. It was a different time. Thirty seconds ago. I made the episode. When I did my offensive, you ripped me off.
Speaker 4: She no, I didn't. Gee, you're gonna pay for what you've done.
Speaker 2: I always thought i'd die of heppatitis. Gee, that's awesome. That's pretty good. That was very funny.
Speaker 3: And Rip Taylor's and retailers was a funny man. Oh yeah, somebody to check my apartment. She mentioned how Rip Taylor was on the Adams Family animated series with him. Every time you want to share Rip Taylor, it's just that's who he is.
Speaker 2: He's just that guy he commits to the next He's that he would shop in the Jackass movies, Yes, thrown confetti around, and it's one thing. It's one thing I appreciate the Jackass crew that they're very inclusive.
Speaker 3: They're very Yeah they always hope been, haven't I yeah either, except that included a chick.
Speaker 2: They haven't Jackass forever. In the New one, yes, but at the beginning they went inclusive with chicks because it just bros. Sometimes you gotta hang it with the bros and the stupid ship. Chicks can be there. I'm sure they can, but they probably be going, don't be doing that stupid ship.
Speaker 3: Don't pull on each other's faces, please, it's too smart. I'm beneath this is beneath me. Indeed, I gave up on Jackass three. When the guy was shitting through the old cane, I was like, I'm.
Speaker 2: Done, my man, Chris Conscious. I think that was Chris. It was no. It was the guy that wore that did the ship in the in the toilet in Jackass one. He's the one that like no one England Dave England, Yes, that guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like I knew, oh he's on Jackass, but I never knew his name is like the there's a couple of them. You're like, you're in the crew, but you're not one of the crew.
Speaker 2: You know, everybody knows Knoxville BAM properly conscious and Steve.
Speaker 3: Steve owned and Knoxville the two top dogs when it comes to Jackass. Yeah, widespread, Steve O and oh yeah, most famous. I guess, yeah, I mean you've got your top tier guys. Sunday's just the guy got his gear off. He's just the naked guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. I don't think. Yeah, we do many stunts. You just you would take his clothes off in public, Yeah, got his dick bitting my scorpion. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But when it came to like the intense stuff, it was usually Knoxville and Steve or Steve O was the ones. Like Steve Oh was the guy. I always felt sorry for him, Like, this guy seems like a smart dude. It's just with the bad crowd.
Speaker 2: No, No, I've watched some DOCCO when they were talking about how Steve O became part of the ground and he was very much like a hanger on. Okay, oh, I just want I just want to be part of the jack crew. And he was just doing more and more intense ship to sort of like get them to notice. Yeah, like yeah, fine, came.
Speaker 1: Along people, please, we're here to kill this jerk.
Speaker 2: Before you kill me. You gotta know what is the One true religion.
Speaker 1: It's a mix of Voodoo and Methodist.
Speaker 3: And Homer has beat them to heaven locks. The maccually left the Count of the Mat and Lincoln invites him to a poker tournament. He refers to mister Pennyface and by it looks like Lincoln is going to try and get him someone from Homer. Well look at the backside grabbing ad ass. Yes, indeed, if you're a fan of everything we do here at four Finger Discount, but you're tired of hearing these pesky ads, then you'll absolutely love being a member of the fourth Finger Discount family on Patreon, where you not only get access to over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, but you also get access to this show early and add free every single week, as well as access to our exclusive Facebook and Discord communities, and so much more. So go ahead join the family today and support your palas Guyan Dando for as little as one dollar per month at patreon dot com slash four Finger Discount. Final segments at the Peanuts, It's the Grand Pumpkin Millhouse, Got the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Millhouse and Lisa. Basically, it's just the first bit here is just it's all just the animation. You can sort of just admire it, the music. It felt it was nostalgic, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: Oh very much so? Yeah, because you would have grown up with Charlie Brown Christmas and whatnot. And I don't know how often those got shown on Australian TV really okay, but I certainly. I mean I read the books. I had so many Peanuts books. Do Peanuts have a TV series? I never watched it, that's the question. I don't know if it did. I think it had surpris if it didn't. Yeah, but I think Charles Schultz was fairly intive. Yeah, of his property and good for him, Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, I think he had he was pretty sure about what he wanted to convey with his comic strips.
Speaker 3: As it came to Snoopy merchandise everything, why not. Yeah, yeah, that's what I say as well. I remember they did one of the more iconic McDonald's happy Meal toys was Snoopy around the World whatever. Every country had its own version of like Snoopy, and I was like thirty to collect it's just Snoopy with Australian our back hats, Snoopy doing this with Japanese flags and Snoopy doing this. It's like, hey, yeah, I feel that wells.
Speaker 2: Everyone's got a bottom line to flesh out. Yeah. So Milhouse and Lisa are walking in and they are Lisa and Linus. Lisa are Lucy and Linus, except it's confusing here because Lucy is Line's sister in peenis Wise. Yeah. Yeah, but yeah in this l Brown, Yeah, there's no relation. Yeah, in the in the Peanut Skin, Yeah yeah, just their take on it. So I think Millhouse is the right choice for the kind of Simpson's character to believe in this and to fall for the years a belief. Well that's because he's he's naive, yeah, or he's a little wants to believe. Yes, yeah, I mean, which is not I think the easy choice, or maybe more of his choice would than to have someone like Rob Wigham too wouldn't work.
Speaker 3: I'm glad because they've kind of ruined the Ralph character by this point. Yeah, but we get a little sat a little helper redesign here of Snoopy seeing on the doghouse at the backyard home and tries to get inside. We have the good grief, which is Charlie Brown's catchphrase.
Speaker 5: You bet I like your witch costume, Lisa, I'm not a witch. I'm a wicked Why is it when a woman is confident and powerful they call her a witch?
Speaker 2: Like you say, Mom, nothing, I'm practicing my trombone. So this is meant to be a take off the parents of Charlie Burn's teacher, essentially whenever they were in the classroom in pain, naturally, because that's how adult sander kids. Yeah, except though it's not March shame, it's March practicing the trombone. A gap there.
Speaker 3: Millhouse says he's not going to the Halloween party. He's going to be going to the pumpkin patch to wait for the grand pumpkin. He explains that the grand pumpkin he brings Kenny to the kids who truly believe in him, and they just kids are like, yeah, whatever, mate, They don't listen to him. He starts praying, they all leave. Kids will arrive though, to the patch where Millhouse is waiting, and they mocking, basically, don't they your God is wrong? Oh yeah, oh, they go all out.
Speaker 2: I was surprised.
Speaker 3: They said that we're going for the Granny Smith apples. I'm like, Granny Smith's good, but it's no pink lady, no golden delicious.
Speaker 2: Are you serious? It's been a while since I had an apple that's out of an apple part. Do you eat fruit? I have occasionally, but more sort of berries every day. Good for you. I've gone off oranges. I like oranges, want to play footy. I was never really big on oranges. I like orange juice. Yeah, I like eating Yeah, I don't like eating oranges. Never have apple and fat free yogurt's my breakfast every day with some oatmeal. Well that's great. I'm very happy for you, you know. Want my breakfast is oreo cookie and a couple of black coffee and oreos not that good. I don't mind.
Speaker 3: Elliot likes the normal ones, but you got flavored ones now and stuff, and Ali's like, by the normal ones.
Speaker 2: Please these flavor I don't quite like the flavored ones. They do one that's like a New York cheesecake one that's actually pretty good. Elliott. I bought Elliot the Coke zero ones. Yeah, here's the thing. They're shit. They're not great. I'm a slut for variance, as you know. So it's like limited oh coke coke flavored oreos. I like that. With shapes, yeah, and there's meat pie shapes at the moment, they're fucking delicious. Did I have those ones? Or did I? Maybe I did meat pie and sauced shape they're so good. I didn't loathe the coke brand Oreos, but they're no New York cheesecake. If Elliot won't eat it, you know it mustn't be good any Oreo. But guy will eat it. And so there you go. I've got something in there if you want them. No, I'm off them. I thought you said you had it for breakfast. No, no, no, I don't have an for breakfast. I have three. I have a cigarette.
Speaker 3: So basically, yeah, so they're going to get the Granny Smiths before the apple bobbing and Lisa then she decides to stay with Milhouse, which I thought was nice. Yes, and she wakes her up though rehearsing it's here, it's here, and she's like, I'm over this. She sees the like every time she cuts to the school, it's the music and he said playing. So she goes to the party at the school. She leaves him alone. Millhouse starts crying, cries onto the leaves of the of the Pumpkin and it turns into the Grand Pumpkin, and he at first is going.
Speaker 2: To be nice to Millhouse. Yeah, your child, I believe brought me to life. Happy Halloween. The Grand pumpkin.
Speaker 1: You are real. That's right, Millhouse, your childlike belief has brought me to life.
Speaker 2: I know you'd come.
Speaker 4: I even baked you a loaf of homemade pumpkin bread.
Speaker 1: How delightful bread made especially for pumpkins.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, Actually it's made from pumpkins.
Speaker 2: Who reveal.
Speaker 3: Says Homer carving the pumpkins home. It's just they got a bit too far of the line. He's like, and I'm gonna make all your friends watch it on my head. It is just being silly, So he ates Homer. Then Millhouse stops the party to warn everybody. My god, you gotta be careful. This Grandpapa's gonna end everybody. And the pumpkins seeds all the various atrocities. So they've got the pumpkin seeds. You roast the unborn. Nelson threatens him with a yellow pumpkin. It turns out they're all racist, I admit it. Then Nelson's I'd rather die than hate. Listener gets an idea. Wait a minute, so you brought this into life of your childlike belief. I never heard of Tom Turkey. He starts believing in to Turkey.
Speaker 2: No, but who is he? And what's his origin story?
Speaker 3: Yes, and he burst in, stops the pumpkin from eating skinners, brains, kills him, just puts the thing in these mouth and blows that doesn't both because called yeah kills him. Homer can't live on the outside well though, like a guy who's been in prison. And the child like innocence of Milhouse saved us all. And then the turkey realizes, oh wait, you guys eat turkey as well, revenge, and we just get the very silhouettes of them being eaten by turkeys, and Marge does the outro, which was a nice little call back to the original treeos of halloween'shen Marge used to do the intro saying, maybe we'll turn the kids away from this one.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be scary.
Speaker 4: Looks like those kids found the true spirit of Halloween or Thanksgiving or whatever. And for those of you who feel like we've trampled on a blo love the children's classic, I encourage you to write to the following address. Happy holidays everyone.
Speaker 2: And that's it. I thought was a nice ending to this tree as of horror. It was a nice ending and a nice way to round out is with the Peanuts one you're a very persuasive fellow, Dano. You've convinced me that this tree House of Horror xix not xcx um shalli. Yeah, that was a shout out for the kids. Was actually better than I initially who it was so well done. You what do we learn bomb? So what you learn from the episode, mister Davis, It's not so much a learning as a reinforcement that Abe Lincoln just seemed to swing every which way, and hey, good on him. Who among us? Who among us? Is not? I learned me never. You should not be cooking pumpkin seeds. They're the unborn. It's true. It's like it's like the chicken in the egg. Yeah, don't do it. No, I can't. I enjoy a nice pumpkin seed.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't like that. I like pumpkin in rosotto, but as long as that's like, not too chunky. Nicola likes she just loves pumpkin. I'm not the biggest fan of pumpkin. I'm a roast with some gravy, not so bad with a bit of beef or whatever, a bit of chicken, but just by itself. And I enjoyed in a risotto as I do enjoy it, but I just don't like sometimes Nicola cuts it in chunks. It's a bit too big, and I like the texture of is really soft and MUSHes in your mouth, and it's a bit over bearing.
Speaker 2: The taste of it. I get where you're coming from is the same for me. I don't mind cap skim like a tie, Yeah, like a bad tie. What you call it good power? I think it's called big good power, but like in a stir fr or whatever. But I think capsicum has a real strong taste and there's too much of it can really overbear everything else that is going in your mouth. As a term, I use a lot of flavor balance just right do indeed, But what we're going to talk about, you're talking about pumpkin seeds. Yeah. I will sometimes have them in lieu of nuts there really. Oh yeah, it's a brand at a local woolies, although maybe there's not much there because well, he's kind of on strike at the moment.
Speaker 3: Now I've realized what because I'm like, the guy kept saying to me at the shop as a shortage, and I was like, why is that of a sudden the shortage? I was like, Oh, no, one's delivering shit, that's right, And I'm like, what I'm coming?
Speaker 2: I got a nicola? Why has coals got everything? Then? Because their workers don't get on strike, they're gett paid, right, you got to walls. And it's like being in Soviet Russia. Oh it's really bad, isn't it. It's kind of sad. It's a little dystopian. The stores are empty. But besides that, but Woolies has this particular brand of pumpkin seeds. They do a very nice one that's kind of savory and salted, and they do one that's got cocoa powder dusting on it. It's a bit of a sweet treat if everyone's trying to be healthy.
Speaker 3: I never used to eat seeds and anything that I ate, because I used to be scared an apple tree would grow inside of me. So when I did an apple, I'd go the seeds at the throw them awake, might grow inside me and then I die.
Speaker 2: Fucking strange. Why no, that's not actually now that makes sense. Six years I was like, you're six, Yeah, okay, I mean now, Jesus does imag don't give me sheet?
Speaker 3: When I was a kid, I was just like I think my dad probably my dad used to do all the time. You can't do this because you're horrific things And I'm like, that wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Lie to me? What Dad from forward your name will be?
Speaker 3: It is a time for the Guy Davis New Name Championship. The current leaderboard stands at this In the first position, his name is Garrett on six points. In second position we have Brian Hughes on three and in a third position we have a three way tie on two points for Shannon Dawdell, Chris Clark and Steve Roberts.
Speaker 2: Take it away, I will indeed take it away. One point goes to you.
Speaker 3: Should You should make everyone at home realize that everyone, if you do a Treos of Horror nomination for new names, you have to give a title for h three ones.
Speaker 2: You have to do triple the work for the same amount of reward. Yes, exactly, Welcome to podcasting. Should we should we get the one point extra for now? We can't change. We can't do it now, too complicated.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: One point goes to dough bots In Doe scar Psycho, ad Killer and Mashing Pumpkins.
Speaker 3: That would be Nathan briggs first time on the leaderboard this season. One point, well done, Nathan.
Speaker 2: Briggs z briggsz Well on Brigsy. Two points goes to Car Troubles all Kill, a new Shiller and Gordzilla smiling because he's back. It's Phil Hawkins. He's returned.
Speaker 3: He's now on two points, currently four points behind the leader, who is Jared on six. So let's see you gets the three points.
Speaker 2: That Jay is within grass Yeah, three points goes to carlateral Damage, ad Sassin and wack o' lantern. Is that first one again, carlateral damage? You said its clever car lateral damage. Goodness, Oh his name is clever Cever.
Speaker 3: Carl has made a bit of a comeback here three points. He was on one point on four, which means he's now in second position on four points, two points behind nimi's Jar Jared no points this week, no points last week either.
Speaker 2: Now West and we.
Speaker 3: Promised Jared guy is not deliberately doing this. I'm throwing all the new names to him and he's just choosing.
Speaker 2: I'm walking in blind. This is your game, your game, all right.
Speaker 3: So the currently, as I said, Jared is still in the first position on six points, Kyle Muldoon on four and second and Brian Hughes on three in a third position.
Speaker 2: What a Lord? Who's the Lord this week? Mister Davis, Oh yeah, what a lord? Triple Lords this week? Lords to the power of three. Lord's cubed.
Speaker 3: One might say, um, would that be lord cubed? Because of it was Lord's CB that would be nine?
Speaker 2: Right, that's correct? Yeah, anyway, didn't you you?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Are you aware of three gentlemen known as A J, Big Justice and the Rizzler? I am you know? Why? Why is this?
Speaker 3: Because they were on a w wrestling last week on the paper View and turns out that dad was a former pro wrestler. Oh my goodness on the ind and he's fucking awesome. But they are everything I love about pro wrestling. Can cut the pro is the thing cutting a promo?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: He named the venue they're fighting at, the date, his finisher. What is he going to do to the guy? I'm like, this guy is just ticking all the boxes.
Speaker 2: This man's a pro. He is a pro. He's just like, put a microphone in front of me. I'm going to nail it. Yep, and he and his I guess his offspring yeah, just I don't know. Representing the modern culture that we're in came up with catchphrases. They're monetizing their brand. They're building their brand and monetizing it. They are appearing as the boom or whatever they've got, the boom versus doom thing. Yeah, they were able to take a little social media presence or whatever online presence and just swell the shit out of it. Yeah, they are inspirational. Dando On myself, even if you find them, I don't know, vulgar, empty calorie nonsense.
Speaker 3: I was mentioned to Guy Off there before that I watched Idiocracy again last night with Nicolas. It feels very much like an Idiocracy kind of celebrity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you watched me.
Speaker 3: Just can't have but appreciate even Rizzler. It looks like how old he's like ten or whatever. He hits all his spots.
Speaker 2: They're pro, they they're polished, they're going they're not going through the they're not phoning it in as we like to think.
Speaker 3: He was on Jimmy Fallon recently or on one of the talk shows. Think it was Jimmy Fallon and they were trying all different foods right and like doing like taste tests, and at one point the Wrizzler kid is just like this back and took a bite and he gets and found like ignored him or whatever, like okay, i'll eat it.
Speaker 2: It eats it. Also, these are just great names. The Rizzler, the Rizzler, Big Justice. Yeah, and I ate well a J I mean it's kind of a.
Speaker 3: A J boom something though it could be something like that anyway, but like genitally like good wrestlers, right, Big Justice comes intoes like a spear on the on the heel when he wasn't ready for it. The Wrizzler is the ring the ring bell guy, and he's just like ringing the bout and everything, the cameras on him. He's just like he knew one came up. I'm gotta play my bit. I'm gonna do my stick like he just they knew exactly what they're do.
Speaker 2: I was so impressed, exemplars of the modern media age. So Triple Lords, Triple Crown for the Lords, shout out to age, Big Justice in the re.
Speaker 3: Big Justice, I love it, Like it's so stupid, but you clearly see why. You know what also I appreciate to is they're a family that clearly love each other. Yeah, having the time of their lives. Oh god, Yeah, go for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And this is the thing I always say, they're not hurting anybody, They're not putting anybody down.
Speaker 2: No, they're just bringing joy. They may may eventually go on to social media with some dodgy, questionable political beliefs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, up until right now, it's like yes, TWI girl, Yeah, I'm kind of over it. Yeah she's But the other thing is she just felt like these guys felt they were going to got one thing, but they're tweaking episode slightly for like like boom versus doo, Like they seem to be far more charismatic than the hot is like a charming because I've got my accent and you know I spoke about giving a gay blow job.
Speaker 2: Is like that's all you got though? Yeah, pretty much. Yeah. I also push still out a podcasts. I was like, people are still listening to this thing. Oh oh, give it two more episodes and be out. But I hopefully look hopefully she got that paper. Oh yeah, good for her. She was quid bit of what a lot as well. She seems lovely what a lady. Yes and yeah, but this trio of people are definitely the lords of the week.
Speaker 3: I approve they not approves all right, So that is our review of Treous of Horror nineteen. The next episode of Four Figure Discount from season twenty, we shall be reviewing Dangerous Curves. I'm sure what that one's about, but we shall soon find out. Indeed, don't forget guys, you can't support us on Patreon. It would be much appreciated if you can't afford to do so. No, it's Christal time and money is tight. But for a little as a dollar we can't support the show and keep lights and here at four fig a discan get early in the are free access and all the good stuff. You also can continue to please rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify wherever you do listen to the show, give us five stars and upper podcast. If you can give us a a few kind words as well, that would be much appreciated. Can't get in touch with us as well a mailbag at four figure Discount dot com, dot au, sadayver saend you findal words for those incredible listeners out there.
Speaker 5: S