Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, welcome, welcome, Welcomedia's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, and didn't get much more community than when we have the Salvation Army drop by. How are we doing, ladies, I'm well doing well. We've got Dunyas Wayne, Lieutenant Tinius Wayne, and Veronica Ramirez here with is today. First of all, Tanya, how was your trip to Carolinas? Oh?
Speaker 2: It was, it was Actually it was an amazing experience, incredible and one that I will't ever forget. It was my very first like leaving you know for two weeks for disaster, they'll have very first time and it was unforgettable.
Speaker 1: Wow. A lot of people needing a lot of help, a lot.
Speaker 2: Of people and there's still a lot of people. There are still so many people that need help there. And they put on a website somewhere.
Speaker 3: I forget where it was.
Speaker 2: Well, I see it on Facebook actually, but I don't know where it was originally at. But they showed they had a bigger list of ways you can volunteer, ways you can go out there and help, and here's how you can help. Because you know, they're obviously getting like an abundance of resources donated so much that I think it's kind of being hard to keep up with and so and some of it's like stuff they don't necessarily need, so it's like an abundance of that too. So they put on a list of just here's what we need, here's what they need, here's you know where you can send it different communities what they needs. It was very informative and I shared it on my Facebook, but I don't know how how out there it is.
Speaker 1: Well, we had a local fella who left about the same time you did. I think you throw the Kopan area pick up truck and a chainsaw. He says, folks can need some stuff cleared away. Yah, that's true. There's a lot of trees.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. People like That's what amazed me is people coming from all over us. Like that was one thing that just blew my mind. People come from all over us bringing what they had. I met one gentleman at.
Speaker 3: A fireplace in a fire a firehouse.
Speaker 2: There, and he had driven his it was some piece of large equipment and he had driven all in California.
Speaker 3: He said he got.
Speaker 2: Five miles to the gallon all the way and it was just him, you know, it just people, just their hearts.
Speaker 3: It was it was really.
Speaker 2: Touching to hear all those stories of people just coming to help, not just the community, but all over the US.
Speaker 1: Wow. Getting back to our community, Veronica, I understand that we just wrapped up one big canned food drive.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it was amazing. The schools really came through for us this year. Over fifteen thousand cans donated between all of the schools, Bartisville and do We. We had an amazing volunteer crew groups from Phillip sixty six Connaco, Phillips Stage Art. They came in and just did an amazing job. They cleared that out so fast. We were prepped and ready to go for the Angel Tree Christmas food boxes because of them.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's amazing. That's our community story right there. Goodbye and Salvation arm.
Speaker 4: So we appreciate each and every person and child who donated a can and those who helped us get it in the box.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Wow, you I understand we have We've got some volunteers we need to say thank you too, don't we There's others and then the folks we just mentioned that we've got some folks. Probably we don't like the big light up and everything else like that, and we just kind of do it quietly.
Speaker 4: They yes, they probably prefer to do that, but we do want to thank them again. The group's Phillip sixty six, Rebecca Wright. She put together a large group for us that really did so much good work. Vanessa Sasseto, Knaco Phillips and I guess I can't remember the specific contact name, but we do appreciate you and it was amazing what they came out and did in such a short.
Speaker 3: Amount of time. They met business.
Speaker 1: Wow, business.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they get right in there and start going.
Speaker 1: Speaking of business, we got the business of the community meal coming up.
Speaker 3: Tell us, yes we do, we do.
Speaker 4: We're going to do that the twenty seventh of November. It's going to be from eleven am to two pm. Dinks again as always, they're so fabulous. They provide our turkeys for us. Are Women's Auxiliary. They do the homemade desserts and then I have a group of volunteers that come in and help us finish up with those side dishes, you know, the mashed potatoes, gravy stuffing, all those timings. So you need to join us and it is open to anybody. It is for the community, truly. Come in, no questions, no names, no nothing. We just want to see your face, enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Come be with us.
Speaker 1: Who knows you might meet friends. Absolutely, I say that plural because you probably will. You will. Oh my goodness sakes, this is this is something else. Now I know that there's a little bit of a chill in the air, and yeah, a little bit, especially this morning. The coat drive. I remember when this took off a couple of years ago, we might have had three four, one hundred, yes coats now I.
Speaker 4: Think the first year was around to eighty three hundred, right in that number, and this year it was six hundred and eighty four students who needed a coat. Mary Martha led that, backed by United Way, and we had an amazing group of volunteers for that as well, another group from Philip sixty six. The day that they got delivered all of them, they had them sorted.
Speaker 3: I'm not joking. I think within two hours.
Speaker 4: Two hours, Yes, they had all of those sort of is really we're talking out of off the palettes, yeah, each one and you know, bagaplastic and they had it hung up and on a rack ready for us to do distribution, which yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: I'm not friends to have. Yeah, yes they are. Wow, that's incredible.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of hangers, a lot of hangings.
Speaker 1: You know, a lot of things should go into this. Two kids get older and the upgrowth the first goats, and maybe the parents' resources haven't grown with the kids.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And there are also more and more people who are moving into our area too as our community grows, so the need is always going to grow here too. Now ringing the bell, ringing the bell, ringing the bell got the kettles going ringing? When are we gonna start seeing those that we got a few out or.
Speaker 2: We already have a few out. They started I believe day before yesterday. Yeah, we have a few out. So Walmart doesn't start until this weekend, right, yeah, And so we have Hobby Lobby, Homeland at Woods and uh remember wherever one. I know Walmart is gonna have the two locations. I know we have a new partner. Now, I don't know how to say the name of the store, and people say it someone bealls or bells, Okay, people say I've heard people say two different things like I know what to say, but we have been told that they want to.
Speaker 3: Do this as well.
Speaker 1: That's a very busy.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure it is. I'm not sure if we have one other yet or if we're gonna do that with the Walmart. I'm not positive. Luke would normally be here and kind of talk about this, but he's under the weather right now. So but that's that's all I know is so far as that.
Speaker 3: But we also are.
Speaker 2: What I do know with that is we want people to register to RING and you can go on register to ring dot org.
Speaker 1: I like that. It's an easy to remember what it is, very very easy.
Speaker 2: And tomorrow or not tomorrow tonight to celebrate giving.
Speaker 3: At the community Center.
Speaker 2: So we'll have we're gonna have a table out there and it's gonna be great. We're excited about it and we like some people to everyone used to come see us there. We're gonna have some little things just a reminder of register to RING, you know, just you know, ways for people to volunteer, because I know people want to to volunteer there, you know, do what they can, and uh we want to help them to you know know which avenue to go to.
Speaker 3: Come to us, come see us.
Speaker 1: But you know what. It's absolutely free to get in four point thirty to six at the Center. I'll be there a little bit early. I'll be visiting every booth.
Speaker 3: Look forward to seeing you there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't make a whole lot of noise, so they well, I have to call security. But we will have some fun. And this is a great way to find out so much about I think fifty non profit organizations, including the Salvation Army. You get to see the faces behind the logo, you get to meet the real people, and you get to hear the real stories about real things you do in order to help people improve their lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's so many like I have never seen anything like it, having so many like just nonprofit places around the town to help people, you know.
Speaker 1: Looking they're always learning for ways to help you.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. It's just amazing that last year was my first time, obviously because we got here last year, but I've never seen anything like it.
Speaker 1: It was great. Yeah, I understand it's going to be very, very busy and a lot of a lot of folks bustling through there, but I want everybody to go there. I want you to meet everybody from the Salvation army and uh also take a look at registering your ring. You know this, you know, if you're kind of a show person, Oh yeah, I've seen some world class talent, everything from dance and santas to people actually kind of auctioning where they weren't auctioning anything, but they were sounding like an auctioneer. Oh yeah, yeah, you know. And then people who just basically were just good natured and fun to be around. And it's kind of one of those things where the you know, the warmth kind of continues. It's like here you go, you know, yea. So it's it's a great way to have a lot of fun to meet people, and it doesn't take that much out of your day. A couple hours, you're good.
Speaker 2: I think what's great too, is you can you know, you don't if you don't want to go out.
Speaker 3: There by yourself, you can you know, triend to do it with you.
Speaker 2: Or you know, businesses can go out as a as a group. You know, I'm hoping our group can do that this year. You know, have some fun out there. We were talking about it, was it you and I talking about it. When there's a group, it seems to go by faster. But you just don't. You don't realize because some people are like, oh, ring a bell, you know, they just don't.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't sound very appealing to them.
Speaker 2: And once you get out there and.
Speaker 1: Do it, oh yeah, you would come a repeat ringer. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And you know most everybody if you pick a spot that you haven't a you know, an affiliation or a fantasy, like I love hobby lobby and you're not going to exactly exactly the hobby lobby people are great, and you just everybody that is coming in there, you're like, I know you, I know you on don't you stand here?
Speaker 3: You talk to me?
Speaker 4: But yes, if you have a partner though to do that with, and you bring some music and some hot chocolate, and you know.
Speaker 3: You just do your things, make it fun, make it fun, have some fun.
Speaker 1: You gotta have fun too.
Speaker 3: It's fun just doing that.
Speaker 2: And just it's fun watching the joy just you know, of people and interaction, just.
Speaker 1: It grows, it grows. Those Where we can find the Salvation Army here in town?
Speaker 3: It is at one O one North uc Avenue.
Speaker 1: And where can we find it on the world wide web?
Speaker 3: Oh goodness, world Web. I think it's Salvation.
Speaker 4: Army dot org it islle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I was just being fun. Don't make attemption to me. They let me out some.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I was on Google Salvation Army. You're gonna find it.
Speaker 1: That's basically that's what a lot of people do. Salvation Army my town. It's pretty easy. Yeah, and then once you get there, it's very easy to navigate too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Ladies all want thank you very much. Keep up the great work and we will see out there ringing bells.
Speaker 3: Thank you. We appreciate you having us.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to have one quick thing to say, is the Angel Tree tags, like, oh, yes, there, I am picking them up today from the print shop and they will be out in the next couple of days, so be looking, you know, at different locations.
Speaker 1: Let's just quickly give a brief synopsis on the Angel Tree. This is this is a child on the tag.
Speaker 3: Yes, the child.
Speaker 2: Size, what they want, what they like, They have a knee, they have a wish, you know, and so there's it has everything on there.
Speaker 1: It has everything on there. It tells you what to do.
Speaker 2: Forgive you what to do on the back of the tag, and it will show you what to do once you buy it, you know, not to wrap it because we have to go through to make sure that you know they're things, everything's appropriate, and so we don't don't wrap them. You can since wrapping stuff if you want to, but you don't have to, all right, But you just bring it to the our location down on.
Speaker 1: UC all right. That's great, all right, and then hopefully we're going to be talking a little bit between now and then we can get a little bit more in depth on that. Oh yes, ladies and being thanks for
Speaker 3: Being well, thank you, and are we signing you up to ring a bell?