Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty powered by Nova Insurance Services Insure your most Prized possessions.
Speaker 2: Hey, good afternoon, everybody.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Eye on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifteen. I'm Steve Rivera.
Speaker 4: You're Blake Eager from Southern Arizona Sports Tourism and film authority.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're busy, You're busy, and we got one for his last show with Ie on the Ball. Tears, napkins, cupcakes, everything are out there. Everything, well, thing's out there, finally one your Top Secret Agent ninety nine. Job is what I will be a producer of residence in Louisville, Kentucky for a company called Techna that oversees a bunch of news stations across the country, basically learning how to be a news producer. Anything they asked me to do, I'll do. And there's gonna be a good experience. I'm gonna be out of my element. Coffee please, donuts?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's what you have to do, right, just you're you're essentially a runner for hire for you, but fos work, work works fourteen hours.
Speaker 3: If you have to meet as many people in that industry as you can. I'll be there in May. First week of May. Stay up the couch. Are you going out the derby?
Speaker 2: Baby? Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Forgot free room? Are you going to ride a horse while you're there? Bet a horse? I don't know what it is. Right now, two year olds are talking up. Yeah that's true either Bob, Bob have a horse? So yeah, my ticket to Louisville is my boy right here. So you're talking about next May obviously, because this may pass good good one. I know, I see when I put things. I'm also not firing and all sin. Yeah, a long time ago, and I would say more athlete than student. Uh so you think you think one in a year is gonna want you sleeping on his couch?
Speaker 2: Uncle Steve Hell, Yes.
Speaker 4: I I said I would bet against that. Well, you get bet on the horse. I'm gonna bet against that. One is going to answer those calls?
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 3: Twenty two two? You'll be twenty two still or you'll be twenty three by next when's your birthday? Twenty twenty three? Okay, with twenty three. So let me see. I was twenty three. I had little money. People came to.
Speaker 2: Visit guests who bought dinner those people. So yeah, he'll take me in.
Speaker 4: Listen, I think one you've got to have. You've got to have some requirements, right, First, Steve should take you grocery shopping because you're gonna need it no matter what.
Speaker 2: Of course, twenty three year olds need that.
Speaker 4: Food for sure, dinner, right, maybe some adult beverages that's in the cards, right, Yeah, and then in return you can show him around.
Speaker 3: It's a fair share enough. I'm fine with that. I've never really spent a lot of time in Louisile. I have a little bit, not a lot of time, but this is the bucketest thing I need to get to because you know, I've been to the breeders, I've been to other things. This is one of the last things I haven't done.
Speaker 2: Have you been to the track?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just drove, you know, kind of didn't go in because it was closed.
Speaker 2: We went a couple of years ago and we showed up.
Speaker 4: Obviously wasn't Derby, but they were running and we got to bet on horses and have been. It was awesome to the breeders I think the following day and they had a horse auction, so it was really cool.
Speaker 2: To see that kind of environment. Yeah, so we'll go there and see. Good.
Speaker 3: Good for you, Senor. One of the very few people I'm sure they got a job in the business.
Speaker 2: Very few. But it's really impressive.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I don't think to our listeners out there is I mean, Steve, you and I have had this conversation. The industry is very difficult in the first place to break in, but because the downsizing that's going on and things that are leaving and simplifying and cost cutting, it is it's very impressive right now.
Speaker 3: You just got to kill it, knocking out of the park and you don't keep Steve, I don't have time, you know. It's like cats in the cradle. Yeah, silver Spood, I don't have time for you.
Speaker 6: Dad.
Speaker 2: I gotta good. I gotta go do a story. That's why. Just give me the keys of the car. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't want to. I want to read a car. This is a sweet deal for you. Yeah, that's why I do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. D's in San.
Speaker 3: Diego in LA. My boy want a little.
Speaker 2: That's how it works out for him. Do you think I do this for free?
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, though, Man, there's a place I think it's in Lexington called the Blue Door, which is a barbecue place.
Speaker 3: Absolutely legit. You get a chance to go. Okay, so you head out pretty soon. You're starting it later this month, right, yep? Okay. In the meantime, we have a pretty good show today. Thanks for coming in there.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, I wasn't supposed to be here, but you convinced you. Yeah, that's let's call it convincing.
Speaker 3: Andy Lopez here by the professor the philosopher, I should say, yeah, three seventeen. I love having Andy on, like one of my best guests all the time. He's on, gives wax's poetic on life and in baseball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also maybe arguably the best public speaker I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Yes, I wouldn't argue that in a second.
Speaker 4: I spoke to his son this morning, did you, Yeah, because I'm trying to get him in Dallas.
Speaker 2: How who's on? Is that the one that was on with us?
Speaker 4: That's Dallas. I spoke to Dallas too. I spoke to David, who's Andy's blood son. And the Maccabi games are coming, have you the mccopy games? We had them on last week? Yeah, so they're coming, and so they're looking for some extra coaching help, and I think it's a it's a great time from our community in international play.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, fantastic, fantastic.
Speaker 3: So we'll have Andy on the three seventeen talk about you of a baseball and his time obviously going for the title or two.
Speaker 2: And then at three Sports seventeen.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have mister Michael lev Is kind of almost a regular now, given that he's been covering the baseball team for a while, just to see what his thoughts are on the chances of getting to the World Series.
Speaker 2: You should just create a Lev's Corner and have him on a weekly basis.
Speaker 3: He'd expect me to pay for him, and I'm not staying at his cot this couch, so.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I would.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if I want to know what the trade offs are for this, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, advertising for a month, it's called it's called what he got trade. By the way, sports, the sports people, you got to give you the thirty second spot on my show, although you're here a lot.
Speaker 2: I have to get a thirty second I'm you.
Speaker 4: How do people know that true exist? I mean, I hope people know I exist. I mean, but the but the authority. I don't know Major League Baseball, World Baseball Classic Garment. Oh, you like to do the Winter League team. I mean we're in quite a bit of stuff, you like.
Speaker 3: At the nightclub in l A. And he says, who are you? You're not on the list World Baseball League. We got this, we got that, You're still not on the list.
Speaker 2: I throw out, don't you know who I am? Exact? Do you know who I am? All the time? And that worked? It doesn't it's awful. In fact, in fact, I did that.
Speaker 3: I did that for Did you go to the Baseball You went to the Baseball World Baseball?
Speaker 2: No, so I did. I didn't you know?
Speaker 3: He got his tickets and it was kind of a long line, and I said, where are my tickets? What do you mean is there at the front? Where are my tickets? I'll go down and me go down. I'm running a huge event. You're like, where are my tickets? I was like, I guess I'll go down to the ticket office. I able to pick up a hand them to you like a child.
Speaker 2: Don't you know who I am?
Speaker 4: That's how it works, he pressured me coming in today, after I told you last week that I couldn't make it.
Speaker 2: And then I and he's here, I'll be right there. I'm here for any let's say, hey, I know you're not here for me.
Speaker 3: So we'll talk about a lot of a lot of baseball stuff. I love having them on a lot of things going on, baseball travels. They play Friday, right Friday, North Carolina Softball.
Speaker 2: We waxed poet that.
Speaker 3: Was a little heated like them today about white all these women, all these women leaving the team and we and we don't know the real story, why the money, blah blah blah. But everybody on the on the internet has their theories, and of course they're just throwing stuff up. I don't think they realize you're not on right, you're not on No. I don't think they realized it's a public forum kind of like this, so they can say anybody can read which which public foreigner and they say some stupid crap and they throw out these theories. And if you don't know what you're talking about or just throwing stuff out.
Speaker 2: There, don't do it. It creates more problems.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you're going to see players read that, You're going to see coaches, assistant coaches.
Speaker 2: Then it's just not a good look. And then he as a community.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and then you have to I don't know if you have to, but I know if my name was you have to refute it.
Speaker 2: Not really, but you know, where did you come up with this? Yeah? Yeah, I mean it's the same thing like if you're questioning.
Speaker 4: X's and no's, or the calls or their plays or maybe you know, lack of effort at times. Okay, understood, right, it is a public form, but you start doing that stuff, it gets into the private sector a little bit too much, and that's a really difficult and that's that's a really bad look.
Speaker 2: That's my problem with it. Yeah, yeah, yeah. So and because they don't know, why don't we this, why don't they hire this guy? This girl? Well, how many who just left yesterday? Who just put in kaya omar? Yeah so you just put in for the portal? How many is that total? Now? Yeah? So I said dilemma. But every school is going through it.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to alibi anybody, but every school's going on through it. If you if you want to be better as a fan, you might have to help out with some cash. You don't put it in a pot. We talked about all this yesterday, you know, because everyone has an answer, a solution will.
Speaker 2: Be part of it. Yeah, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 4: And you know we talk about revenue driving sports, right, you've got basketball in football, But you know, I think they averaged like twenty eight hundred at hell Brand this year, right it pans. Yeah, I mean it was great, and I think baseball was thirty one, thirty one, get the numbers. We just looked it up on Monday, actually because there was a larger discussion about something else that we're working out with Major League Baseball that I was trying to put together kind of a presentation for him. So, I mean, you're talking about three game series right at home. That's a pretty good driver for revenue from a non revenue driving sport.
Speaker 2: No question.
Speaker 3: Still a loser in money making, absolutely, but it's a it does really well.
Speaker 2: I think in the stadium folds three three to two, so you're averaging twenty eight hundred.
Speaker 4: That's almost to sell out every single game, which is pretty impressive. So I think you're looking at the world of college sports and now the trickle down effects happening in softball where you're seeing the pitcher at Texas Tech at a million dollars leave Stanford to go to Texas Tech.
Speaker 2: Right. I think it's awake. It's it's it's an awakening.
Speaker 4: Moment for players, and it's probably an awaking moment for a lot of colleges saying, like we this, We got to come to the tables for money to get these players.
Speaker 3: Sure, but here's I'll give you the flip side of this, because I don't know who it was earlier, yesterday morning or last night. You baseball some of your wheelhouse, the Vanderbilt out, Texas out. Ye, all these studs. Look at these stud players that must be getting some money, a pretty good money get beat by the Yeah, And isn't that isn't that a joy to see? You don't have to pay me a ton of money to kick their ass.
Speaker 4: I think it's a great thing to see, right, because we didn't have it this year in March madness. So the supplement you're getting right now of it happening in baseball is awesome. Like mid major you know, mid major schools coming in are kicking butts of the SEC schools, which I don't know how you feel about it. There's something going on that they're able to get that many teams in at that high of a ranking, especially in softball, where Texas Tech was a yeah, I mean it's what they are, twelve seed Texas Tech right in the in the tournament, they're number twelve, Okay, yeah, which is but sure you win the Big twelve. You literally have the best picture in the country, arguably the best picture in the country, and this phenomenal team and they're proving it right now. I mean, you just beat Oklahoma that one, back to back to back to back World Series.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I questioned the people who picked the teams as well, because it's there's a they have a bias.
Speaker 2: Of course there's a bias. Yeah. It was the same thing for me in basketball this year.
Speaker 4: You get in that many s and I know that was by far ahead and Hills the best conference, but you can't tell me the bottom four outside of maybe Arkansas on the run that they went, were worthy of getting into the tournament, right It's just anyway.
Speaker 3: It's just the people's perceptions of a good team versus a mediocre.
Speaker 2: G is a perception of team or perception of league.
Speaker 3: League yeah league, Yeah, well, the team would be would be Teller Powry's Arkansas. I mean, they had a pretty good showing and eventually get into it the Sweet six I think, yeah, but they weren't that good overall overall. No, they had some guys and they went on a round. Oh yeah, every dog this day. How are we doing with time?
Speaker 2: We're doing? We've got three minutes before we talk to him.
Speaker 4: I mean we're coming into I mean, this is an exciting time to be a sports fan, right, You've got the College World Series for softball, You've got the Super Regionals for baseball. You've got the NHL NBA Championships. You've got women's baseball tonight, yes, okay, you've got you've got Major League Baseball going on the Bellmont Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it's a it's a solid time to be a sports But guess what it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: I know you're going to come in every now and again, but for me here on the show for the summer, oh god, coming up with people and topics.
Speaker 2: I told you.
Speaker 4: I know you have to ask your listeners on this, but I think you pull somebody different in on a weekly basis and we have like a corner with him and talk about stuff. Maybe that's connected to sports, but overall maybe more community.
Speaker 5: True.
Speaker 3: No, In fact, I mentioned you with that Monday Friday about yeah, just talking about films, whatever, music, whatever, just to get the change.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, curveball. I can hit a curveball. Yeah.
Speaker 7: We usually have least one one segment where we just go off script talk about best Mexican food and best films and yeah, well.
Speaker 3: You were yeah, and films too. Yeah, so we'll do that eventually. But you know, Blake's Corner.
Speaker 4: Don't call it Blake's because everybody will turn the radio station that you.
Speaker 2: Know, you'll have five listens. Maybe maybe my dad will listen, maybe my mom, And that's what you'll say, what's your favorite music on this one? Really?
Speaker 3: Answer? Didn't mean this listen it's gonna there is a wrong answer. Sorry, there's a wrong answer. Great went to a great country last night. Another Charlie Crockett. Yeah, you guys know who Charlie Crockett is.
Speaker 2: His brother Dave.
Speaker 4: No, that was his uncle, really really good country artist. It was a like true country. So you've gone from Kendrick Lamar to Crocket. Yeah, and then before that we were at Joy Division and Beach House and so yeah, I'll cover everything, man, I'll go to reggae.
Speaker 2: I love reggae. H Okay, didn't know Wan loves reggae.
Speaker 3: I do, didn't know Regaeton, Gasolina, give the gasoline. Okay, let's go now, we can find them, We can find get out open.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 8: Ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games, to award winning dining, to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 2: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 8: Discover with Soul Casino del Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 2: Are you ready enterprise so Fasco.
Speaker 9: Yaki Try The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Frowsy aisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 9: Visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for ready to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the Window deepot dot com the window depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Materials.
Speaker 3: I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work? I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Given we'll call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 10: Spring is in the air and the school year is coming to a close. Time to order your academic and spring sports awards for your student athlete.
Speaker 2: Creative Awards with fifty two years as.
Speaker 10: Your top awards and promotional products supplier.
Speaker 2: Give them an award they can be proud of.
Speaker 10: They have trophies, plaques, acrylics, art collapse, fine crystal, metal, name badges, stock and custom awards. Come visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight West TrackMan Street across the Street from PEMA College Downtown campus or visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 11: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's volpe team dot com or call five to two oh six eight five six two six Today n MLS three oh eight seven arizon A b K NINEZ two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity. Got to commitment to lendrickson credit rates and available loan programs or subject to change the NUNT notice.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 12: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at start or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best and four cards and trading card games from rare fines to the latest releases.
Speaker 2: Showtime Cards has it all.
Speaker 12: Check them out at showtimecards dot com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere shou showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 10: Richard Bacall Law Office defending Arizonas for over thirty years and a Wildcat fan for over sixty. If you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Richard Baccall five two oh seven to four to Zho twelve thirteen, broud sponsor of I on the Ball.
Speaker 6: Go cats, got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management. Specialist's can't run or high from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free value was today.
Speaker 2: Why is mining so important?
Speaker 13: It's a foundation of everything that defines a society.
Speaker 2: Everything you see is a product.
Speaker 13: Of mine, no matter when, no matter how, no matter why. Every society on this planet has developed, grown and modernized based solely on the minerals apple process. That's why mining is so important.
Speaker 11: DONNYBYBM dot com.
Speaker 9: Looking for quality windows without the weight, Come to the Window Depot. We carry a huge selection of mill Guard windows in stock now and ready for pickup. Need something custom, no problem, from new construction to full home replacement. Will help you order the perfect mill Guard windows built to fit your space, style and budget. Whether you're a homeowner or contractor, the Window Depot makes it easy to get the windows you need fast. Visit the Window Deepot dot com to find a location near you and see why we're your mill Guard window experts.
Speaker 1: Streaming live on the Ihearts Radio while this is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to my in the ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: I'm Steve Rivera.
Speaker 3: In with me today is Blake Eager and now when the phone we have former UA baseball coach and the Lopez Andy.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm good, Steve, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Great to have the philosopher on you. You've been turned into it.
Speaker 5: I don't know about that, brother.
Speaker 3: You've turned into a two, your three. Your status has been You're you're tougher.
Speaker 5: Blake, Blake knows man. Hey, I'm committed to my son in law, my son's travel teams.
Speaker 2: Man too.
Speaker 5: Hey man, I'm out there from five to nine on Tuesdays and Friday nights. You kid me. I'm working harder now on a baseball field than I ever did.
Speaker 2: Did someone tell you this was it? Don't retire because you'll be busier than what you were.
Speaker 5: Ever heard that? But it's true, man, it's true. So the one thing in my contract is I don't go to games.
Speaker 2: Good deal which is no recruit.
Speaker 5: I don't have no recruiting, no nil money, no transport portals, and I don't go to games. So I got a pretty good deal.
Speaker 2: You are smart, man.
Speaker 3: So can you reflect on what Arizona's going through right now given the situation?
Speaker 2: You did it a number of times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you know what I think their situation right now similar to the year in two thousand and eight where we had to go to we went to Michigan, we were one seed. Now you know a little different now because you have high core. But back in two eight, we were still at Sanset and we were one seed. We were one seed like three or four times, and we had to travel as a one seed. Two thousand and five we went to Fuller ten. In two thousand and seven we went to Utah Wichita State, And in two thousand and eight we went to Michigan as a one seed because we couldn't host that Sanset. That was one of the beauty of getting high Corbett as you know, they could host now. But anyway, we went on the road to Michigan and we were one seed and we went right through that regional pretty easily, and then we got the gifts that we got to go to the number one seed in the nation. We went to Miami uh and a great series. Man, we won on Friday night, got beat on Saturday, and then we lost I think two to one or three to one. Yonder Alonso hit a little blue bass hit over the third basement's head and they ended up beating us. They went to Omaha and we came home. So yeah, you just you know, you got to be ready mentally and and they look like it. I mean they played well up at Oregon, and you know, I mean, if you're going, you know, the West Coast Baseball has been under sold forever, Steve forever. It's it's just it's you know. And I lived in the SEC for seven years and I had to listen to all the stuff that you are out there. And don't get me wrong, the SEC is a fantastic conference. Facilities are second to none, media covers second to none. Uh, it's you know, it's what it is. But you know what, you've got to get on the field and play. And when you get on the field and play, West Coast Baseball can match up with anybody in the nation. I know they're going to an ACC school, but I would I would tie a CC and SEC togethers in my opinion. You know, they get great, great facilities, great media coverage, great, you know everything, everything's eight plus A plus a plus. You know what, you got to get on the field, pill strikes, play catch and play put the ball. Play West Coast temn do a bit. They do a good job with that. So I'm he'll be fine. They'll be fine. They played with baseball, they'll be fine. He'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Andy, what do you what I mean, have you ever considered stepping away from baseball in its full capacity and just being a motivational speaker on tour on a yearly basis?
Speaker 5: Goodness, safe? Lake?
Speaker 2: Are you sober?
Speaker 3: I often wonder that when he's covered, what do you meant?
Speaker 5: One day? Wait, it's three o'clock. I you know what, man? You know, I'm enjoying my life right now. You know, my wife and I we watched our my mother in law, Paula, moved here three years ago and during their nineties, so we you know, my wife spends a lot of time with them, and I helped out around that. But other than playing, other than going out with you know, Dallas and David, my son and son in law, with these travel teams, I really enjoyed just kind of doing nothing. I really do. And I know my players laugh at me all the time when I tell them what I'm doing. I had Kevin Guy had who pitched us. In two thousand and four, we went to Omar. If you recall me at you know, the program hadn't been been the two reasonsly thirteen years and then we came here in our third year.
Speaker 2: We went to Omahan.
Speaker 5: It was our Saturday night guy and great curveball. And he called me just a couple of weeks go just a check in, and he said, so, what are you doing, Lopes? And I described a normal day for me he went doing and I went, no, man, I'm getting really good at it. I'm getting really good at it. I'm getting so good at it. It's scary.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, because you're in the in here every now and again. You coach twelve years old?
Speaker 2: Ten years old? How old? What's the age?
Speaker 5: Uh? The Okay, two teams are twelve year old and then the other two teams are fourteen year olds.
Speaker 3: Okay, so give me, give me. Maybe they don't have it. They don't have any idea who you are? You know, to you of your karate coach? And so do they say the funniest things to you baseball?
Speaker 2: Are they kind of?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, hilarious. Man, a classic story, Blake, you can relate to this. I have a little tiny eleven year old who came to my waist and he's really fast, i mean really run, really good. And you know, I'm looking at how to win baseball games. I'm thinking, Jesus, this guy hits the ball on the ground. He's gonna get on base, he's gonna second, he's gonna st third. They're gonna score a run every time this guy gets on base. He just needs to hit the ball on the ground. But he's got this long, jangled approach and he's hit the ball near, hit the ball, near hit the ball. So after he hits, get him off to the side and go, hey, listen, uh, you know you're really fast and dona da. This is how you win games. And you ought to do this. Hit the ball and ground and get on base and steal bases. Nobody's gonna throw you out. Don't even very throw the base. The catchers. And he looked me right in the eye and he said, Coach Andy, they don't pay you big money in the big needs. And well that's when I realized, I'm just I'm gonna come here, and when those guys asked me to say something, I'll say something other than that. I'm going to enjoy my life out there.
Speaker 2: Phil Old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well yeah, I mean it's not as again, it's not as bad as as what these four guys are doing. And call it that athletics, right, I mean, you know what, And I am on a transfer portal and the rest of the matter. So you know, every time something like that happens, I call my blessing. Oh man, I'm not dealing with that, thank god.
Speaker 4: Aye, how would you deal with it? Do you think now if you were a college coach? Because the constant.
Speaker 5: Time, honestly, blake, I couldn't. I couldn't, man, And I don't listen. I have so much respect for all these guys. You know. I stay in close contact with Walls, Mark, wall House, good Origan. He's like a son to me. And uh, he calls every every week. He's on the phone with me during the season. My son, youngest son, get married here in a couple of weeks, and he'll be there. He wanted to be an omeal, but he'll be at the wedding, he said. And uh. And it wasn't like a son to me. And and and I stayed close contac with David Asgrit Stanford, and you know guys that I really stayed, you know. And there's a couple of guys in the set I did in close contact with. And honestly, I couldn't blake. And I'm not embarrassed to say that I couldn't. I just couldn't I you know, the heart surgery, Yeah, that sped the process up. But honestly, I saw I saw things coming, you know, my last couple of years. I went, WHOA, man, this is I don't know this is gonna be good for me. I mean, I thank god I got out, you know, and and you know my health, my family, you know. But but I don't think it's a I think it's a really challenging job. I mean really, I mean, what my son, my son's in it, right, it's just a coaching in your next door. He called me yesterday, he says, hey, Dad, two thousand guys at the Stratford Portal first date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's wild. And so now what do you do if you're a high school recruit that's being recruited or you signed and spen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I mean, get it, man, it's a it's it's it's a travesty. It's a travesty. And I'm again I have nothing but respect for the guys that are doing it. They're getting paid well now, which is nice because they deserve to with all that's going on. They need to get paid well. But it's a travesty. I don't know what you tell Blake, I honestly don't know what you tell an all state player in the state of Arizona. I mean, unless you're in the top ten percent right now in the country, in the country, I don't know what you tell an all state player that's had two really good years and he's all state about Hey, man, you know you're probably gonna get recruited by guys that's probably not the case. Those guys are going to the case. Those guys are going to the north Woods.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 5: Those guys are going to summer leagues. They're getting transfer portal guys. They're getting portal guys. You know, they really are. I used to have a saying I had with my clubs, and I said, call it fatal success. Fatal A F A T A L fatal success. I said, Listen, I grew up in the project in l A. I saw guys that were successful in terms a nice car, that nice gold and money in their pocket. They're selling drugs, so they were they were successful in the eyes of the world, but it was fatal. It was eventually going to die. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's true, though, I mean it's not sustainable that it's not sustainable moving moving forward like no man.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry to say it, but you know the things that are being taught right now, with all the with all this, I mean, there's no oil, teacher's no commitment. It's how much money you got, and I'm gonna go to the next guy give me more money. I'm going somewhere. I mean, that's that's in my opinion. Hey, I'm a seventy one year old idiot, but I'm gonna say right now, there's gonna be fatal success. There's gonna be fatal success. Well, he's gonna be a guy that when he's four years old, he's not gonna know what the work commitment means. He's not gonna know what you me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we talked about that, I think last week or the week before.
Speaker 4: But Andy, you and I grew up in similar neighborhoods, right, So if you would have given let's say you give eighteen year old Blake.
Speaker 2: That much money, I would have. It would have been a problem.
Speaker 4: If you blew through it, I would have just the whole lifestyle would have been a problem and I wouldn't survived.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Crazy, it's crazy, It's it's madness, it's madness. I know what I felt he's looking. I'm gonna be real. I'm gonna Steve and I have been for a long time, Blake, I've known you in the years i've been here. I'm gonna be very transparent with you. Guys.
Speaker 2: Ready for this, please.
Speaker 5: I don't even watch it anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't blame you. I don't blame you.
Speaker 3: You know I'm not a sports fan, I think any We've talked about that with link to I'm just not. There's no loyalty. I don't even know who's on rosters.
Speaker 5: It doesn't it doesn't entertain anything. It used to entertain me. Even when I was coaching, I couldn't wait get back. I couldn't get well. I'll be honest with you, guys. I would be in postseed and I couldn't wait to win. Hopefully get back, get a shower, get something to eat, and put on a game and watch who we might be playing in a week or so. I was entertained.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 5: It was it was challenging, it was a chess match. It was unbelievably exciting for me and now man. Other than watching the University of Mexico on live stream, I don't even watch them. I watched a little here, a little there, a little this, a little bit. Don't watch a game, I'll put it on. I'll watch a game and oh man, it's close to the seventh thing. Okay, I'll watch the last three aning. But I can't honestly tell you the last time I watched a college baseball game.
Speaker 2: Totally makes sense to me.
Speaker 5: And I'm sorry to say that.
Speaker 2: No, no, I hear you.
Speaker 3: Let me say a couple of days ago, this came up to me and I asked the West Comments or Steve Strong yesterday, I'm assuming just throughout the tournament, you know, the baseball tournament that is probably the oneest, one of the toughest, if not the toughest tournament to get to Omaha and win the title. You know, basketball, you have six games, right, and you have the teams. Blah, well, softball maybe equal, But baseball to me is just land minds upon Landok.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, It's a grind, man, It's a grind. It's a grind, it really is. It's and it's the craziest thing because you know what, you gotta you gotta catch some breaks, you know, you gotta. Hey, let's let's be real honest. I mean and I chips on a marvelous job and they got a good club, and I'm happy for them and all the rest. But man, they caught a break organ stubbs their toe and get on that thing in two games. Yeah, that's a that's a good break. That's a good break.
Speaker 4: And were you said this earlier West Coast Baseball, And that's what we were talking about, I think last week because you were asking me, you know, I think one and and and Steve, you guys were asking me about that. That the matchup, and they said, you're going to face a Friday night guy from a West Coast team that could probably play and pitch for any team in the country.
Speaker 2: You don't know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 4: You're gonna see that's ninety ninety four with a feel for and the change up and probably a pretty good spinner, whether it's a slider or a breaker, and you he can beat you on any night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's all it takes. That's all it takes. And now you're adding to the mix old players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty four year old.
Speaker 5: Baseball right now? Or yes, there's twenty four year old guys out there. Men. I mean, you're gonna face a Friday night guy, that's twenty three, twenty four years old. You kid me, the guy should be in double.
Speaker 2: A yeah, absolutely, or out of base guy.
Speaker 5: Should be in double yeah, he should. He should be inching double A baseball and either on the fast tracks of the big leads or they're saying, hey, you want to be a coach. Yeah, no, he pitch it on Friday night. He's pitching on Friday night. So you got a you got a lot of little twists. Now, that makes it, It makes it pretty. Yeah, it's a it's a yeah. It's tough. It's not easy, so you gotta play well.
Speaker 3: So I think just happened maybe a month or so ago or a few weeks ago. A memory in my Facebook page came in that you had retired. I think it was a ten year anniversary. Has it been ten or a little bit more?
Speaker 5: Twenty fifteen was my last year.
Speaker 2: That's ten years? Does it field ten? Does it field ten?
Speaker 5: Honestly, it feels like one hundred and ten? No, no, no, no, I'm not lie, guys, I'm not lying. I'm being transparent with you guys. I really am. I feel like I'm gonna be honest with you guys. I watched the game. I hear the stories from my coaching friends, my son. I watched the game. There's very little chess mask going on. It's home run derby. It's throw as hard as you can. I mean, how many times you see a hit and run? How many times you see a first and third. I mean again, I'm not knocking. I'm saying that's the way the game is today. That's fine. But the game I grew up and was pushbunt, hit, run, slash and run, person third and two strike situation. You know, you get a guy, you get a guy from from You get a freshman and he's a he's a pitcher, and he's not you know, he's okay. So you pitch him on Tuesday nights and the midweek is freshman year, and then you put him in the rotation on Sunday, and by his junior year, he's your Friday night guy and you're hoping he gets you to Omaha. You know those things. You know, that was the reality of my life. Yeah, I watched the game now and I go, oh, this guy from Arkansas is pretty good their Friday night guy. He's a left hand right on his vand at the moment. But I watched him the other the other game. Man, this guy's pretty good. And then I, you know, because I'm a fool, now I google the Arkansas roster. He was at East Carolina in the last two years. Whoa, that's shortstop, man, that's shorttop. Can lily play at Arkansas?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 5: Look at the signing? This kid from Hawaii? I google? You know that Sacramental States freshman year. Freshman year at Sacramental State. You know, it goes on and on and on and go, like what development is that?
Speaker 3: So let me ask you, this is a weird question now to you, Blake too, both you guys, because you were in the business. Blake, Uh, I know the reasons why you got out, blah blah blah. But as we move forward with generations and the kids come through, was there a time or two or ten that the kids now said, you know, you know, they talked back to you, they said, I ain't doing that coach, you know, or became kind of violence is not the right word, but just kind of snarky and kind of responded to you that way. And Blake, you had teammates, maybe you were that guy that it started to happen recently in recent years.
Speaker 2: I mean nobody else. No, you go, Andy, Okay, I have.
Speaker 5: A guy named Mark Mullanson. You remember Mark, you Pitchford.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were in winter ball together. He was with the Yankees, and we were actually very very good.
Speaker 5: Pleasus love love Mark, love him, just you know, still stay close contagles him. He's living in San Diego now with ton Lee down. But anyway, Mark was a strong Christian, great Christian family. We share the same faith, so we had a lot in common off the field and on the field. He was an animal, an absolute animal. And we had a freshman I'll leave his name out of this story. We had a freshman who was pitching one night at sunset and he was begging for pitches on the mountain, you know, in his body language. He threw a pitch and you know, why didn't you call it a strike? And we had we had a theory in our program like, hey, if we got to get every pitch and we got to get every call from every umpire, then we're not very good. If we got to get every pitch and every call to win a game, we must not be very good. So let's make sure that we're good. And that way we don't have to worry about getting every pitch and getting every call. Let's just make sure we're good, okay. And that was our philosophy wherever I went. So this guy's digging for strikes. They got for strikes in the thirty and I can't take it anymore. And I'm gonna I get out of my chair and I get a drink of water because I'm about to share with him my honest opinion about pitches. Okay, I'm going to give him a little chat. Okay, little chat. I can't get to him because before I get to him, Milancin grads him. Milancis grads him, cased him in the corner of our third base. Doug got a sand set and proceed to tell him things that I would never have said. But I agreed, and that guy in the kitchen for us in Omaha, you know. And by last year I got a guy at Phoenix Municipal. We were playing Arizona State, and on the corner of my ear, I heard two of his teammates say, he's just an old man. He's just an old man. Don't worried about it. He's just an old man. And they're right. I wasn't old man. Could he just had heart surgery. But I remember thinking, wow, think you.
Speaker 2: Ta little right? Like No, I mean.
Speaker 4: Andy knows it now because he's with the youth aspect of it. I think that's when it's probably my last year coaching A couple of years ago, and one of the kids talked back to me and I sat him down, and then we had to have a comfort We had to have a meeting with his parents. I mean, it's just like, nothing disrespectful from my side. I was trying to give him a life lesson about and then the parents wanted to get involved, and then it was a it was a bigger issue. And at that point I said, this is just not It's not where I want to be anymore. And if you don't knows this better than anybody. If you don't enjoy drive, the drive to the field, if you're not excited about getting to the field, it's time to step away.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, I say it all the time to these kids, and I'm working with these little guys, and I said it to my players wherever I coach. I said it felt the most important part in your life as an athlete is going to be the drive home. If it's your parents driving you and they say, hey, what about that coach, and you proceed to say that coach is an idiot. He's he's talking about, You're going to have problems in life if the coach. If they say what about the coach? So, you know what, I got to get better, Mom, I got to get better. Dad, You're going to be okay this world. You don't care. You're gonna be fine. You gonna be fine. Yeah. And and I've said, man, to drive home, even in the college level. I said to my asset, to drive home. When you were twelve years old, Mom and dad were driving. Now you're driving your buddies. So you're driving back to Dorman, you drive back the apartment. And what about practical me? Wow, Man, that guy didn't know what he's talking about. He's an idiot. Okay, that's okay, all right, granted, grant it, okay. Or you know what, I gotta get better. I gotta get better. Yeah, I really gotta get better. Now I wonder about the drive home? Ready, Hey, you think him of going to the portal? Right here? Sol and so got some money if we.
Speaker 2: Go right right? Total to drive home? Different, that's to drive home.
Speaker 5: That's a little scary, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta go.
Speaker 4: You all got agents, right, Yeah, everybody's got That's what's wild to me. Everybody's agents. Now, can I say two more things?
Speaker 2: Please? Please do so real quick.
Speaker 4: I just want to tell a funny story about the World Baseball Classic because Andy came out to the first pitch, right.
Speaker 2: So he comes out and he didn't even have to text me, Steve. He was able do it on his own. He didn't call me to get him tickets.
Speaker 4: Steve had to have me hand deliver his tickets to him because he didn't want to wait in the line.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it was the first pitch, right.
Speaker 4: We give each other a hug, and I'm like, hey, I want to take you around and meet you to the front office.
Speaker 2: He's like, now I got to run back to High Corbett.
Speaker 4: I'm giving the team speech to Pepperdine before the game, like that's Andy, right. So if you think about Andy. I don't know if everybody knows this about coach Lopez, and they should, but and I'm saying this true to heart, Andy, you are the coach's dream of a lifetime because you are in Mount Rushmore for what you were able to do at Pepperdine. What were you able to do at Florida and for sure Tucson as at the UV what you were able to recreate with a program that was stalling a little bit there for a while. So from as a two stone in, as a baseball player, as somebody that has watched from AFAR a long time, I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you've done for the community that you continue to do.
Speaker 5: Do I send the check to you or to ce that you was right?
Speaker 2: I'm his agent, cash. What do you know about its cash? I'm his agent. I don't know what.
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna say this to you, Blake. I appreciate those kind of words. And you know my mom and dad are blessed right now for you saying that about me. But man, I thank my Lord the Savior for this.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: I never took myself seriously. I didn't, Man. I was forced it to be a part of a college game that I loved. I'm sad for what college athletics athletes has turned out to be today. But you know, I'm just one little Mexican guy hanging around walking and golden Retrievers in the morning.
Speaker 3: So well, Coach Andy, I appreciate you know that I bother you a lot and thanks for coming on.
Speaker 5: You guys are the best man. Take care of yourself down the trouble fellows.
Speaker 3: Thank you and thank you. That's great. Great we went over, but doesn't really matter. He could have gone to the top of the hour. Let's go and come back pure in Arizona Man's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for newly forty years. Now take a look back at the Ludelson era. In my new book, Lessons from Loot. It was a labor of love to the twenty five former players, coaches and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Net is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one Email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 7: Arizona Health, Arizona Health, Arizona Health.
Speaker 14: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the.
Speaker 2: Leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty.
Speaker 14: Second just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 10: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. FEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial laid available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot Edu. Slash Someday, Hey.
Speaker 3: Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Markets All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of Home and Auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance. With the Edmond Markets All State Agency, You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen note tample or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 2: Where do you buy exercise equipment? Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 14: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the lead marriage an exercise report on twenty second, just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 15: Craving, Tucson's best burger, the Fourth Avenue Legend is back. Lindy's on Fourth is celebrating twenty years and Lindy himself is back behind the grill. We've got new mouthwatering burgers and great daily drink specials. Don't miss our upcoming twentieth anniversary summer Bash and year end celebration. So come down to Lindy's on Fourth or order online at l fourth dot com.
Speaker 2: Lindy and Tucson's Best Burger are waiting.
Speaker 16: At Pyramid Federal Credit Union. We believe less is more. Let's bees need more money in your pocket. Less hassle meets more time for what matters, and less stress means more confidence in your financial future. Pyramids Less is More philosophy is coming to your neighborhood with a new branch opening at the two Sound Spectrum permid Federal CRDIT Union, where less is More federally insured and by NCUA an equal opportunity lender.
Speaker 1: Steve Rivera, he's got his eye on the ball on Tucson's sports station, Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 3: Hey, welcome back to an on the ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty on Steve Rivera, you're break eager and you're one got about an hour more than an hour left for you?
Speaker 2: One how much? One last hour on one last hour, one direction. That's what we needed. We have to have him call in. We'll do one's last hour, one last hour, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, calling from Florida, first time color long term lester, Uh, what was gonna tell you? I'm shaying, we'll got about seven minutes, six six minutes. Yeah, that's good though. Over time with overtime with Andy Lopis.
Speaker 4: I told you we do him on the break that I could. I could literally listen for five hours him tell stories and talk like it's unbelievable what he was able to, right, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, how does it?
Speaker 3: I'm sure you know when your dad, you have your dad. I had my dad and great, I love my dad and his stories and this funny stuff. But I'm and then you then you're goad just you know whatever.
Speaker 2: You don't say. But the other kids other things, other kids say, God, your dad's it's smart. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I'm sure his kids and we have oh yeah, I'm sure, ye, David, Oh another one of them stories, one of these stories.
Speaker 4: And I don't think you like, tell me more, Yeah, tell me more. Yeah, but they're around him twenty four seven. I'm sure that's like okay. But yeah, for me, I'm like a kid in the candy stock. I mean, you think about what he was able to do from a coaching career of me took Pepperdine like won a World series with him, right? Did you ever play for him? Just in just in any No, we would watch them, You watch them, Yeah, of course, So.
Speaker 2: Let me say I don't.
Speaker 3: I watched him a little, didn't follow him all that much because of basketball. But to me, he had the perfect mix of get on players, motivate them, get on them and tell them like and to know when to ease off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he would hold them accountable right for their actions no matter what it was.
Speaker 3: And to tell you the truth, in my mind, that's how good coaches are or who should what they should be, because if you get players to respond and respect, they play harder.
Speaker 4: Has he ever told you the story about their team manager? No, I'm not gonna tell it. You to ask him about that. That's a great story. So yeah, I mean, you know, his his his theory on everything that he wants in one or three He doesn't want to two, right, which it's perfect and that translates so we talk about sports in life, that translates across the board.
Speaker 2: Right, So it's just it's phenomenal what he was able to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, in life and work, you know you want to be the star, Well, if you want to be the star, be a star. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just it's so funny because he's coaching this twelve of you and this fourteen. There's four teams. They've got four and the two of them they've got one that's like legit nationally ranked team. But I don't think they haven't no clue who he is, of who he is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny. He doesn't go to the games. No, he did that.
Speaker 4: You don't want to go to the games? No, which makes perfect sense. Yeah, because it's travel. You're going to Phoenix all the time. Like for him, that's not what he wants. And you know you want him at practices. It's not at the fruit. It's not about the fruit. It's about getting them ready for the fruit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If I'm a young coach or wanting even if I'm a dad that wants to coach, like I'm finding a way to go to those practices just to watch him coach. Right, you don't know, you don't know anything about baseball, you don't, I mean, just be honest.
Speaker 2: I had no clue like I had.
Speaker 4: Mark Chandler, who was the head coach at Suo High School my first year coaching, pulled me aside and be like, hey, do you have a practice plan like what I was like, I have no idea, Like, I'm just coaching because I was a professional baseball player.
Speaker 2: I have no ice.
Speaker 4: Like he took me under his wing and taught me like you need that. He I'm being completely honest. You should figure out how to go out and watch him coach, right, yeah, no question him.
Speaker 2: And I remember going to Candreda and he says.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and like loot and something, guy said, you win games Monday through Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not not games. You don't win games on the weekend. You don't. You don't win games the prep provs. This is key to everything.
Speaker 3: And it sounds a little cliche, it's not a lot, but it's true. Yeah, you get better by playing the game. Yeah, learning the game, learning the game, dedicating, learning how to dedicate what you need to do the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: You know, something struck me during the conversation. You talked about Mount Rushmore, who would be Arizona's coaching Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 2: Loot here's because there's tough. Yeah, because.
Speaker 4: Andrea bush Well carea no doubt Andrea maybe no yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, I'll give you that, right Bush, Yeah, and and possibly well.
Speaker 4: Kindle, you're absolutely candle. And then you've got to if you're putting Loot on there, you've got to put you got to put coach Lopez on that. Well there's five now, you can't put five, you got it? Four rights?
Speaker 2: Four?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's crazy. And we're not even when we're not talking about the other teams that are the their sports. Well, yeah, they've done really well, right, right, I mean I I have a really soft spot for Tony to put him on there, because I mean, national relevance is for the football program he created, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well that's why you put lut I mean, but do you want a national champion Tucson is because what it is? Because you know, and but coach Lopez, come on, yeah, if you if you justify Loot, you have to justify Andy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think Loot's in the same aspect.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: He gave us natural he gave us true national relevance coming from Iowa, and then to do what he did in the eighties and the nineties and obviously in two thousand's.
Speaker 2: Well he has people believing that you're a blue blood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean, statistically we talked about it regular season, you are for sure no.
Speaker 2: But Andy is the same way.
Speaker 4: He came into a program that had had a huge name, I mean national name, national brand, but had lost a little bit of its steam right and was able to he came after coach or yeah and sitters like he's my mentor and godfather in my life.
Speaker 2: If I had one would be Stitter. So uh yeah. Perspective too.
Speaker 3: Perspective brings that if you kind of balanced what you just said, yeah, you know, kind of have to start over, regroup and then win, win a title.
Speaker 4: I mean, think about the I mean, that's a really good question one, and it would off the cusp. Those are the names that I would come up with. But if I had to sit down and go through that, there's probably a couple more that you want.
Speaker 2: To throw in there. My rushmorees are my favorite. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tough to put only four, right, right, Yeah, If you had to narrow it down to four, that's a really good question. Oh my god, if you had to narrow it down to four, who would it be?
Speaker 2: Those four? It'd be ca Andre and Loot for sure. Yeah, Bush, you have to He did a heck of job with that. Swimming team a lot.
Speaker 4: I have to put Bush in there, and it gave us Olympians, and it gave us everything else, and then you've got four spot.
Speaker 2: It's it's probably I mean, and I'm not gonna answer.
Speaker 3: It, probably probably Kindle, I mean you have to yeah, I mean multiple World series, Yeah, couple titles and for deck aids multiple decades, right, yeah, yeah, you think you could do this for players? Yeah, in each sport or overall overall overall? Yeah, yeah, we'll do how much time we have got about a minute.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll talk.
Speaker 3: About more about this later. But okay, So Sean Elliott, yeah, Baseball, you'll have to help me with that one. With Francona, it's crazy because well, I mean I would go I would go Trevor Hoffman, but that's he was a short stop. Yeah, he was a shortstop. Yeah yeah, but here while he was here here, he was talking about Arizona stuff, right, do pros and all stuff like that. Francona, I mean, Chipper has the all time hits record. Well, okay, we can debate. Let's debate this on the other side because we do this every now and again, because there's so many other places we got Jenny Finch, We got a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Sir Anakosaurus stam, I mean, do we have We'll go, we'll go, come back,