Speaker 1: That is the dolly that i've been in love with uh because she always struck me as real country and uh and uh and so that was a wonderful story i was happy to write it and i was just happy to learn it to be honest with you i'm ryan gresham and this this is gun talk nation.
Speaker 2: Gun Talk Nation is brought to you by Ruger, Leupold, Range Ready, Colt, MTM Case Guard, Shooting Sports Life, and Remington Ammunition. Hey, welcome into Gun Talk Nation. Sometimes it's fun to talk with our buddies, and sometimes our buddies are really smart people who cover pretty much everything in the world of guns, and I mean everything in the world of guns. We got A.W.R. Hawkins from Breitbart News. Welcome in, man.
Speaker 1: Hey, good to be with you, buddy.
Speaker 2: You've been working overtime, I think. I mean, you got a lot of stories popping out. First off, the fun one is obviously Dolly Parton passed.
Speaker 3: She's in the news.
Speaker 2: Kind of just unbelievably how beloved she is across, you know, all countries and cultures and everything. But there's a tie-in for guns with Dolly, right?
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, it's that story she tells. Late 60s, early 70s, going to New York City. it's funny when she tells it or when she told it, but you know, uh, we embedded the video there in the Breitbart article. She told was, I think she was talking to Conan O'Brien and told him, uh, that some guy approached her and her friend and thought maybe they were, uh, prostitutes or uh yeah that's probably the best way to say it and uh then apparently he got super interested and was pulling on her a little bit get the image he might have been pulling on her clothes a little bit trying to touch her and uh she jerked a pistol on him from her purse and told him that if he touched her again she was going to shoot him and uh It's pretty remarkable. Conan's blown away, and I don't know his political views, but I could tell he wasn't ready for that story. He was kind of blown away that she had a pistol in her purse, but I was going, yeah, that's awesome. That is the Dolly that I've been in love with because she always struck me as real country. That was a wonderful story. I was happy to write it, and I was just happy to learn it, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting because, and gosh, I mean, if this was New York in the 70s, it was pretty rough. But you can, like, take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl. And she says that, yeah, if you touch me again, I'm going to shoot you, which is pretty clear. And she said she's never gone anywhere without her 38 cents, which I love that.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love that, too.
Speaker 1: And I saw yesterday, and I can't remember where, but some... Either a distributor or big chain yesterday said they were going to give away the Smith & Wesson model that she carried. Not her gun, but the same model as a used gun, of course. They were going to raffle it off or do something to give it away. And that's pretty interesting. But I love it because, and I know you know it, Ron, but you remember about 10, 12 years ago, we started seeing this slide, maybe 15, where one of the biggest demographics for concealed carry emerging was women. And I would say, you probably checked me on this. I think it was 15, maybe. It was during the Obama years. And you start seeing this extreme growth in women getting sealed carry. And it was important. Women needed to know. Guns are not just a man's thing. They are our thing. The central point of owning a gun is protecting life and property, regardless of whether you're a male or female.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: And that's another reason I love this story of Dolly. She was just like, hey, I'm a country girl from the mountains and I'm going to protect my life.
Speaker 3: Well, at some point, you're right.
Speaker 2: At some point when we had that big boom in gun purchasing happening, it was 30 to 40 percent of the new guns being purchased were being purchased by first time gun buyers. And a large percentage of those were women. It was the same thing with concealed carry permits.
Speaker 3: You know, a large percentage, 30 or 40 percent.
Speaker 2: Were women, and I've noticed that, it's been a little while since I've been in a concealed carry class, but it was a pretty, I would say it was probably 30 or 40% the last couple times I was in concealed carry classes, so you're absolutely right, and if you think about it, I know that the gun world skews male and all that stuff, but when we're talking about guns for protecting.
Speaker 3: Yourself, there are categories of.
Speaker 2: Audience that you are you are, you know, someone who probably should be carrying a gun because as Dom Gresham says, women are, there's a particular category of violence and crime that is fairly women specific and it's particularly horrendous.
Speaker 3: So, you know, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: You know, you want your daughters and your wives and your moms to be trained up and caring to protect themselves.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. You know, I'm like you, you know, I don't like talking about those particular crimes. But they exist. And that's the thing with a man I always think about. And this is just how I think. I always think about a man's protecting his life and his liberty. And a woman is doing the same thing. But there's a third category for me with a woman. She is also protecting her dignity. And there's nothing that does that like a firearm. If you have a firearm, you're trained with it. You practice with it. You take care of that firearm. Make sure you have good ammo in it. a woman could travel through this world quite safely if she has that. And I'm all for it. And I love stories like Dolly's where you see a woman use a gun to protect her dignity. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And when someone, and not just women, but certainly, you know, I've heard it from like my wife, who's been through several classes and is very proficient. There is a level of comfort there of knowing how to use it, knowing how to operate it and saying, I know how to handle this.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 2: You know, now it's all of a sudden, it's not like, oh, okay, I'm going to have this gun or I'm nervous. Like, no, actually, I'm not nervous.
Speaker 1: You know? No. It's great. No, I'm not. I'm actually nervous without it. Right. And I see that with my own wife. She keeps a particular handgun that's very reliable, made by Springfield Armory, in the compartment there in her door where it's no problem for her to reach it at any time. She knows how to use it, and she uses it pretty well, to be honest with you. So I like that, and I especially like it when my daughters are with her, and I don't have to worry about them. They're all out and about, and they can protect themselves. And even my youngest daughter, holy cow, she can do it. And so I love knowing that they have a firearm they can use in case they need it. Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: AWR, you've been covering a bunch of other stuff. There's been a lot of stuff in the news. I mean, you've got a new Rasmussen poll of gun control support falling among likely U.S. voters, which is probably the opposite of what some people think is going on.
Speaker 3: But, I mean, talk about that. Why do you think that's going on?
Speaker 1: Well, I think if you look at the fall, the fall was between October 2024 and now. So basically, you're looking at from Trump's election till now, from Trump's election for a second term till now. And I believe if you look at how DOJ has handled itself, how law enforcement has been allowed to work, how the Trump administration overall has basically, in my opinion, looked at as the Second Amendment as a solution rather than a problem. Then I think there are people who are going, wait, wait. wait, if we'll just let police do their job, wait, if I just carry a gun for self-defense, wait, if we don't demonize gun owners, if we enforce the law, if we give strict penalty for gun crime, so on and so forth, I believe this all has hit critical mass in the minds of many people. And they go, wait, gun control is not the solution. The solution is to treat criminals like criminals. and to leave law-abiding citizens alone. If I had to tell you my opinion, that's it. That's what I think has happened. It's great news. It's still not moving as fast as I wish. I want the drop to be bigger. I want even fewer people to support more gun control, but at least it's moving in the right direction, and so I'm happy about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that you hit it right on the head. I mean, is there common sense— a lot of this stuff doesn't pass the sniff test. You know, they're going, wait a minute, you're telling me one thing, but that's not the reality I'm seeing in the world. And that's, that's not what's going on in, in my town and my County. Like, you know, just call the police and then just say, just call the police to most people.
Speaker 3: And they're going to go there. What are the, how are they going to react?
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: They're going to like, you mean while the guy is like in my house, just call the police.
Speaker 3: Like, dude, it's going to take them.
Speaker 2: Eight minutes, 18 minutes, 28 minutes, who knows how long?
Speaker 1: Right. No, you're exactly right. I remember once, just for an example, and this is probably extreme, but I was camping in Arizona and we had to call a enforcement over an individual who kept coming in camp and things he was doing. And he had a firearm with him and that's all right. But when I talked to the sheriff's department, they told me it would take them one hour and a half to get there. And they asked me, are you okay between now and then? I said, well, I'm going to be okay. Yeah. But, but I just, and I didn't say anything in a threatening way to that individual, but I did tell him, I said, but you know, I'm prepared to do what I have to do to keep my family safe. So you all need to get here as quick as you can. Cause if he rolls back through here, you know, I might do what I have to do, but it's just to your point. And I'm all pro law enforcement. I know you are Ron, but it's just reality. You call the police, even if you live in an urban setting, what if it's three or four minutes? That's an extremely quick response time. But three or four minutes is an eternity if the guy in your kitchen with you is either armed with a knife or a gun and you have nothing. That's an eternity. And so you've got to be ready in that moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, the fact of the matter is when you're the victim, you are the first responder on this thing.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, I mean, it makes sense.
Speaker 2: The CDC has been concealing some data about guns, and it just got released because some changes were made, and we're going to talk about that.
Speaker 3: Right after the break.
Speaker 2: If you've ever dug through a truck bed, trailer, or gear room looking for ammo, optics, or hunting essentials, you know how important organization can be. MTM Case Guard offers purpose-built storage solutions, including the tactical rifle crate, the mule mobile gear crate, ammo crates, shot shell cases and rifle cases, and water-resistant dry boxes designed to keep your equipment protected and accessible. Built in America and family-owned since 1968, MTM products are trusted by hunters and shooters who need rugged, dependable gear that can handle the demands of the field.
Speaker 3: MTM Case Guard. Need to get on target fast?
Speaker 2: The new LCO Pro F2 red dot from Leupold was built for exactly that. It's true one power design and wide field of view helps you find targets quickly.
Speaker 3: Four selectable reticles are available.
Speaker 2: To match your mission or shooting style. Add crystal clear glass, 20 daylight and 10 night vision illumination settings and you've got a red dot that's ready for anything.
Speaker 3: Learn more about.
Speaker 2: The new LCO Pro F2 at loophole.com. The next evolution of Colt's established carbine platform, the EPR2, blends proven TDP components with certified mil-spec materials, coatings, finishes, and proprietary processes, ensuring every Colt EPR2 is built to professional standards for reliable performance across a wide range of conditions. Several different configurations for the enhanced patrol rifle from Colt. Your new favorite TV channel is here, Shooting Sports Life, the first and only TV channel dedicated to the shooting sports. It's a destination for enthusiasts who push the limits of skill, athletes and public figures who share a genuine passion for the sport, and creators who truly live life on the range. To learn more about how to watch Shooting Sports Life, go to shootingsportslife.com. It's a free, live, 24-7 TV channel available for streaming apps and also on your smart TV. And you can learn more on how to watch it at shootingsportslife.com.
Speaker 3: All right, we're back.
Speaker 2: So after, before the break, I said, all right, the CDC, there's stuff going on at AWR.
Speaker 3: You've been covering it.
Speaker 2: There were some, there was some data that was being concealed, suppressed, whatever.
Speaker 3: Um, and, and now it's out. Let's, I mean, tell people what happened.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This data disappeared. Uh, it's data on self-defense gun uses. It disappeared, uh, after CDC took a lot of pressure from gun controllers and, uh, And if I remember correctly, the gist of it was that gun controllers were saying this news basically undercuts what we're trying to accomplish. And so this data was pulled from a CDC website. And you could find it on the website up till then under the firearm injury website under CDC. And now it's back. And what it shows, and when you see what it shows, you go, oh, well, no wonder they wanted to get rid of it. What it shows is upwards of 2.5 million defensive gun uses a year. Now, that's pretty impressive. And, you know, those numbers, I've always looked at Gary Kleck's numbers, the criminologist from Florida State, and I believe his minimal for a year, minimal is 770,000. And so now we have a range. If I use him for the low end, 770,000, I use CDC for the high end, 2.5 million. We have a range of justifiable defensive handgun, or I shouldn't say handgun because it could be long gun, but defensive gun uses that literally eclipses this is why they hate it, literally eclipses the criminal use of firearms. I mean, I think if you do what the gun control groups do and you add firearm homicides and suicides together, roughly you're at 38,000 to 40,000 a year in the U.S. That's an approximation. Sixty-six percent of that figure is suicide. So the homicide number is probably about 15,000. approximately, let's say 14 to 17,000 to make people happy. So you take 14 to 17,000 firearm homicides. Now contrast that with 2.5 million defensive gun uses a year. If I'm a gun controller, I sure don't want that news out there, but it's out there and it's wonderful. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The, the gun control groups worked with the Biden administration to and CDC to say, you know, we'd rather not, you know, put those numbers out there. If you guys wouldn't mind just, you know, like sort of turning the volume down on that and don't tell anybody. And then of course, now we've got a new administration and they said, whoa, whoa, whoa, we have these stats. Let's put them out there.
Speaker 3: This is, this is the stats are the stats. Don't be mad at the stats.
Speaker 2: And, you know, in the defensive gun use, it doesn't necessarily mean someone drawing and shooting and all that stuff. It could simply mean, you know, like you said, your wife with a gun in the car and a guy comes up to carjacker and she picks it up and says, get away from me.
Speaker 3: And the guy runs off.
Speaker 2: That's a defensive gun use that prevented her from being carjacked, from kidnapped, from robbed, from, you know, something worse, right? And this is stuff that's, it is stopping crime every single day. People, legal carrying people are stopping crime.
Speaker 1: Right, right. I mean, this is anecdotal, but to your point, you know, my wife was in Santa Fe, New Mexico once, I remember, on a girl's trip, and a guy came up and grabbed the handle of her door at a stoplight, wanted to open it, and she just raised the pistol and tacked it against the glass. And he looked at it and turned and I tailed it. That is to your point. That is a self-defense gun use. That is a defensive gun use. Excuse me. And she didn't have to pull the trigger. We're all happy. She didn't have to pull the trigger, but having the gun accomplished the job. And that's how it goes.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: And I mean, and that's, that would be the goal, right? Like we're going to, we're going to help, uh, criminals make better decisions here.
Speaker 3: Okay. We're going to be a little, you know, help them. I'm going to help you help, you know, me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to work together on a better mental process here where you come to better decision making. That's what we're going to do.
Speaker 2: AWR, what else has been going on? You've been covering a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, there's a lot going on in, you know, normal things. Shootings continue in Chicago. I say continue apace. They continue to hold the gun control there. They continue to blame guns. You know, you've got the mayor there. His biggest, latest response is basically to create a quote-unquote, well, I won't quote, I'm paraphrasing, a type of gun violence task force like you saw in the Biden administration. So they keep going down the same path there, and where you have people keep dying. And that's how it's just going to be until they finally do something different there. But, you know, you look throughout the country, I cover... I have so many self-defense gun stories I come across almost daily that I have to pick and choose which ones to cover, which one will stand out and pull the reader's interest because there are so many. And I think that's very telling. I try to write as many of those as I can because that makes a statement on its own. The reader reads that and they understand, look, People armed in their homes, people armed in their cars, people armed at the workplace, they're saving their own lives. They're saving their coworkers and their family members' lives. And that is an ongoing story. That doesn't change regardless of who's president. That is an ongoing facet of American life. We just talked about it with the defensive gun uses. And, you know, I see that all the time. So that's something that doesn't change in America. Good guys with guns do good things.
Speaker 2: And it's and it's the main reason why people own guns i mean let's let's be honest here like i love to go sporting clay shooting i love hunting and all that but it's always been the number one reason people own guns and it still is the reason people buy guns we're talking about first-time gun buyers for the most part first-time gun buyers are buying it to protect themselves and their families right.
Speaker 1: You're exactly right and uh And again, I love that. As we said earlier, I love that a lot of those first time gun buyers are women. But I also love that a lot of those first time gun buyers are minorities. And I love that because I think it's so important, Ron, that not only that we understand the Second Amendment isn't just for me as a white male. And I hate to use racial language, but I'm just making a point. It's important for us to understand the Second Amendment is also for women. It's also for people who aren't the same color as me, other Americans of all walks of life, law abiding Americans. The Second Amendment is for you. And the broader we can get that understanding or the more widely we can disseminate that understanding, the more people come to grips with the fact that, wow, I can have a gun in my house to keep my family safe, regardless of your socioeconomic background, your skin color, your gender. You can have a gun in your home to protect your family. That's what the founders intended. And I want to see that broad-based understanding because the more gun owners we have, the harder it's going to be for a tyrannical government to ever get the idea they're going to sweep through here and take guns away, be it by force or by legislative action or even by executive fiat. It's going to be harder for them to ever consider taking that step if our ownership is so broad and among so many classes and so many types of people. And that's a pragmatic reason that I love seeing that growth. That's well said.
Speaker 2: And for people listening, AWR is not just a good looking guy with a smooth Southern accent. He's also a PhD in military history. So we're going to tie that in. When we come back from this quick break, we're going to talk about What you.
Speaker 3: Just said, I'm gonna let you expand on.
Speaker 2: That because there's a lot of history of what you're saying and why guns are so important in America. The Ruger LCP Max is still one of the most popular pocket-sized personal protection pistols, and they just made it better with the Magpul Enhanced Handgun Grip. So this one is the LCP Max with Magpul EHG. Has nice texture, has a little bit bigger grip module on it, so you can get a little bit more grip on the gun. Has a 13-round magazine, also a 10-round magazine. So it's just been enhanced a bit. Still small, still easy to shoot. and still very reliable as a Ruger. So go check it out, the Ruger LCP Max with Magpul EHG.
Speaker 3: Shh, go quiet.
Speaker 2: With Remington's Subsonic Rifle Ammunition, designed for rifle shooters who want quieter performance and enjoy shooting with a suppressor. Operating at subsonic velocities, this ammo eliminates the loud sonic crack, making it perfect for shooting in noise sensitive areas tactical training, or just a day of plinking. The reduced velocity also minimizes recoil, offering better control and faster follow-up shots, making it ideal for situations where stealth and accuracy are paramount. See more on Remington's website on subsonic ammunition from Big Green. What if you could be significantly better with your firearms in a short time? At Range Ready Studios, we offer handgun and rifle classes to help you be the best you can be. You'll be safer, more competent, and just better.
Speaker 1: At the range.
Speaker 2: We also offer special experience classes, which include the gun, the ammo, the gear, and the training. Learn more at rangeradiestudios.com.
Speaker 3: So AWR, you're a guy that actually knows things. They actually gave you a degree. You went through all this school.
Speaker 2: And we always say there is a historical perspective when it comes to guns and the Second Amendment and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: And I've been, I told you I was reading this.
Speaker 2: Book, going back to America from 1492 to 1793 and, and looking at what, how did guns play a role? And cause people say, well, that's, that's old stuff. That's what does that have to do with today? But it does tie in, doesn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. It ties in. And, and I think it's important. Um, and thank you for sending me the name of that book, by the way, that's on my list. But, uh, I think it's important. You understand you, you went from 14, whatever, right there to, uh, the founding of the country. And it's important, first and foremost, that people understand the right to keep and bear arms predates the founding of America. And so it's a right that our founders didn't create. It's a right that preexisted. And it preexisted in the 1400s. It's just a right that is intrinsic to the being of the human. And our founders realized that right was there. And, you know, through readings of everybody from John Locke to William Blackstone to Aristotle to whoever, you know. And so they hedged that right in to protect it. They didn't create it. They hedged it in to protect it. with the Second Amendment, and they understood that the possession of guns is a mark of free people. It's a characteristic of free people, and that without guns, and more generally speaking, if you want to use William's Blackstone language, without arms, it's going to be hard to stay free. And that's not just an idea for a particular decade or a particular year or a particular century. That is an ideal. It is metaphysical in this way. It's an ongoing truth that if we were not armed at any given time, that we are risking the potential of being people who are overrun, either by our own government or by government outside our country. And that never changes. And that's why even right now, it's so great as Americans are that we are armed. And, you know, we talked while ago, again, I don't like to go into racial stuff and I'm not going into racial stuff in the way that the left does, but you know, you have to look at the experience. People talk about the experience of minorities in America. And particularly when they talk about the experience of, uh, black Americans, what did that, you know, one of the terrible aspects of a black American is the way they were denied firearms. And they were denied firearms post-Civil War. Well, leading up to the Civil War, enslavement, part of that was denying them firearms so they couldn't free themselves. Post-Civil War, you look during the Reconstruction era, the first 10 years following the Civil War, they're denied access to firearms. And that is so that they, although they're free, they can still be controlled. And then going from that period as you go to the turn of the century and you you hit the 20th century, they're denied firearms through Jim Crow laws and other things. And these are all being implemented by the same Democrat Southerners or Southern Democrats, however you'd like to say it, who were the people who had the slaves. And so they keep finding these tools to control people. Slavery was a great tool. And when that was taken away, gun control was a great tool. And they could use gun control to keep the black American down. And people hate when I say that, but I'm sorry. If you study history, that's what you see. And that, again, goes to what I said in our last segment, Ron. That's why I love, I said I have pragmatic reasons, and that's one of those reasons. That's why I love when I see gun ownership swell in the black American community, when I see black Americans carrying guns, every day for self-defense, when I see them buying guns to keep them in their homes for self-defense, when I see them going, wow, the Second Amendment is for us too. That's a great day in America. And hopefully when they do that, they have crossed the Rubicon. They've hit a point that they're never going to turn back from. And they're going to be gun owners for life. And their kids are going to grow up and be gun owners and hunters for life and be concealed carriers for life. And that's the kind of America I want to live in.
Speaker 2: And when they see that truth and that truth becomes part of their life and their reality, it's like you can't unsee that truth, right?
Speaker 3: And some of those.
Speaker 2: People have been lied to, whether it's the black community or the Jewish community or the whatever community, they've been lied to about what guns are and who gun people are. And then it's like, wait a minute, that wasn't true. And now it's like, wait, you're right. This is for everyone. And it's great to see just such a variety of people, you know.
Speaker 3: Picking up guns.
Speaker 2: And maybe the first reason is, OK, I want to protect myself and my family. But I think we're seeing a lot of people kind of discovering the hobby part of it, too, which is great.
Speaker 1: I agree with you 100%. And it is a great hobby. I mean, I was trying to make a little time today. I've got a Dan Wesson 10 millimeter I need to shoot because I'm going to take it on a hog hunt. And I was trying to make a little time to get to the range today. It's not going to happen because I've got a day full of writing and some other video material I need to make. But as soon as I get a chance, I'm going to go out and I'm going to shoot that Dan Wesson. And it's because, number one, I need to and I need to zero it and different things. But it's also just because it's just fun. It's fun to go to the range. It's just fun to shoot that steel and hear that ping and get that. immediate satisfaction. And so I look forward to it, but I'm like you, all aspects of gun ownership, all aspects. I love to see that spreading in different demographics and more Americans realizing this is for me too. This is for us too. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Guns are allowed to be fun too, guys.
Speaker 2: I know we get all serious, but you know, go out there and, and shoot some steel and bang away and all that stuff. The AWR people think that all we do is just go shoot guns, right? Sometimes we've got to be on email and make content.
Speaker 1: Right. I mean, there's a good chance I've been up since 5.30 today typing. I know. And, you know, that's just how it is. But, you know, you're talking about clinking. I'm just going to, or having fun, I'm just going to mention to any of your readers, right now I'm shooting a FTW suppressor for. 22s. And I'm going to tell you what, you were talking about putting fun back into shooting. I've got a little, one of those Smith & Wesson M & P 22s. Oh, yeah. So it's a 22 on the AR frame with that FTW suppressor on it. It's called their OG suppressor. And I'm going to tell you what, I cannot buy enough 22 ammo. I have so much fun. And it's just like, I don't know about you, Ryan, but I'm just loving the situation we're in right now with the changes in how we're getting our suppressors from the removal of the tax, from lowering it to zero, from that to what seems like we're into a period now where we may change how we acquire suppressors, make it easier. It's a new day in my mind for the American blinker because nothing puts fun back in and shooting soda cans or steel targets like having a little rifle with a suppressor on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it just keeps getting better. It keeps getting easier.
Speaker 2: I mean, and I know we're at this new world in the last few weeks of like this NFA situation and people are kind of trying to figure out what to do. The dealers, some of the dealers are like, I need to get a little guidance and all that, but we're getting there. I mean, we're already eliminated the $ 200.
Speaker 3: We've sped up the process.
Speaker 2: And I mean, it's one of those things that reducing the noise, reducing the recoil, it makes it that much more fun.
Speaker 3: And it actually kind of ties into what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Like, as far as bringing more people into this, if you can reduce the noise and reduce the recoil, guess what? More people are going to want to pick up a gun and shoot it because there's less hesitation with it.
Speaker 1: Right. You're exactly right. And you know a point, and you're already making it, it reduces the noise, but Something I've argued at Breitbart that I really wish the pro-gun politicians would pick up on more is we don't just reduce the noise for our benefit. It's not just hearing protection, although it is hearing protection. But it reduces the noise in the environment. And I believe that's a point we need to stress so that the left takes that away from the left. You know, that's one thing the left talks about, the noise of the range and blah, blah. Well, guess what? We can take that noise away. It's no problem. We shoot suppressed, and it's good for our ears, and it's good for the environment. And when we hunt, it doesn't alter the environment with noise because of the suppression. And so, I mean, I see so many selling points in that way that I think we need to be making that argument that a suppressor is not just good for my hearing, but it's good for the ambiance of the environment. And I think that's a point that we need to make as often as we can.
Speaker 3: It's a peaceful, civil way to shoot guns.
Speaker 1: That's right. It's a peaceful, civil way to use that gun to destroy concrete blocks and steel targets and all kinds of things.
Speaker 3: AWR, always fun to talk to you.
Speaker 2: I mean, probably if you're listening to this, you probably know Breitbart, but if you're living in a hole somewhere, go read AWR Hawkins on Breitbart, not only on their website, but I mean, their social media is easy to follow and you guys are putting... out so much content and really kind of keeping people up to date on what's happening out there. So if you want to stay informed, follow AWA and read, AWR and read his stuff.
Speaker 3: Man, always fun. Always good to see you. And thanks for being on with us.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me. Good to be with you, Ron.
Speaker 2: AWR, thanks for being on with us. Always a good time. You guys, thanks for watching. Thanks for listening. And we will see you next time on Gun Talk Nation.