Speaker 1: Yes, we go down on the farm Dodgers Minor League top prospects from TRIPLEA Oklahoma City, all the way down to Rancho Cucamonga. In between at Great Lakes with the Loons and Double A Tulsa. We'll get an update on Dalton rushing Alex Friedland coming up in just a couple of minutes with Alex Friedman, the voice of the comments. But let's get you caught up on some other top prospects. Host Wade Depaula, the nineteen year old outfielder in High A Ball with the Great Lakes Loons. Ten games in so far, so good, deep.
Speaker 2: Thrive to right field, hit well, smith running back, watch that ball fly a grand slam for the teenager to take the lead in the eighth inning. Soon enough, he'll do it in Hollywood, but he is bringing Hollywood to Midland right now.
Speaker 1: LUN's Radio Network with the call a grand slam. Fro Swaye to Paula a couple of nights ago. He's got two home runs on this season, six ribbies, ten walks, three doubles, a triple. He's hitting just two forty three, but an ops of nine to forty five. About Jackson, Harris in Double A Tulsa, the twenty one year old left hander. Two starts, no wins, no losses, but a one to eighty ERA thirteen strikeouts already for Jackson Ferris in ten innings of work. Zayer Hope, the twenty year old outfielder. You got a glimpse of him in spring training in the Freeway Series against the Angels. He's in high A ball with the Great Lakes Loons. Eleven games so far, three sixty four average, four doubles, a triple, and a couple of home runs, fourteen ribbies on the year for Zayer Hope, he's got an ops over one thousand, and a few nights ago had a four hit game.
Speaker 3: Here's the pitch. HiT's a high fly out to right field toward the corner. Nate Nankill, He's at the wall and that hits off the Lansing BWL sign. Hope's around, so taking for third. Their relay throw arrives late, hitch to Hope. Ground ball saysled past Montero at first base, hit into the right field corner on the two run double by Zayirra Hope three two. A ground ball weekly struck towards second off the backhanded attemptive yama Uchi, you staggered. It kicks into shallow center. Hope reaches single, charged by the official scorer, and he swings and drives it center field. Rodney Green Junior goes back over his head and one hops off the wall. It's a double for Hope, an RBI two bagger, and the Loons go up seven to three.
Speaker 1: LUN's Radio with the call Zayir Hope quickly having a good twenty twenty five season in high a ball. Kellen Lindsey, nineteen year old shortstop down in Rancho Cucamonga, the six to two to one and seventy five pound first round pick a year ago, his first professional home run.
Speaker 4: Here's a high fly ball into right center. This ball is way back into the gap in it is gone. Last year's number twenty three overall pick in the first round. Kevin Lindsey goes yard. He deposits one into the right center gap.
Speaker 1: Quakes Radio Network with the call, thirty five at bats already for Kellen Lindsay two eighty six average. There's his first home run. You just heard the five Ribbies in eight sixty five ops. They like his speed and they like his defense. Ed Wardo Quintero, nineteen year old outfielder signed out of Venezuela two years ago. A lot to like about him, speed, defense, A five tool guy. He's an a ball in Rancho Cucamonga. Thirty nine at bats to eighty two average, and he's got a couple home runs.
Speaker 4: Here's a high fly ball into deep right center. This ball is way back, this ball is gone. Eduardo Kintaro goes yard. It is a long ball Sunday for the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes.
Speaker 1: Eduardo Quintaro with the home Run Quakes Radio Network in eight fifty eight ops to start the season for Quintero. Jion Ja Vargas, nineteen year old shortstop, also in Rancho Kucka Manga, thirty one at bats so far for the young Men at the Dominican Republic, two ninety average, six ribbies and his seven forty four ops. Kendall George, the Dodgers first round pick in twenty twenty three. He is in high A Ball with Great Lakes. Ten games so far, one ninety seven battian average, two home run, six ribbies, ten walks, so he's getting on base with a six sixty six ops just a low batting average. Young Siuk Jing, twenty one year old right hander out of South Korea, the top pitching prospect signed out of Korea in twenty twenty three. So far three starts in Rancho Kucka Manga oh on one record six fifty two ERA, eleven strikeouts, but in nine to two third innings, Jang has got eleven walks. How about Jared Carroll's Eric Carrolls's son. He is in Double A Tulsa, the twenty four year old two starts so far ohen one record with a ninety seventy two ERA and five strikeouts. All right, an update on some of the Dodgers' top prospects in A Ball, High A Ball and Double A Tulsa. Let's check in though with Alex Friedman, the voice of the Oklahoma City Comments, the Dodgers Triple A affiliate, and yesterday Alex Clayton Kershaw made a minor league rehab start for you guys, three shutout innings. How did he look?
Speaker 5: I think for any pitcher, whether it's Clayton Kershaw or someone who's essentially making their first spring training appear into the year, because this is what that is for Kershaw to go three innings, three scoreless and face just ten batters and be very efficient is very encouraging. The fastball velocity is a little bit down from where it was last year, but that's expected from any pitcher, you know. Like I said, basically their first game action of the season. But that slider had its traditional bite to it, got a few swings and misses on it. The curveball he dropped in a few of those as well. Nickson some changeups too, So overall, I think just very encouraging for him to have three innings, to get those three ups back on the mound to start his season.
Speaker 1: Evan Phillips has made some appearances. Looks like he is going to get recalled with Bobby Miller be an option back to Triple A. Ok See today. Tony Gonsolin, the Catman Dodger. Fans haven't seen him in over a year. He's in Triple A Oklahoma City. He's made three starts. Now, how is he looking as he looks to come back.
Speaker 5: Well, it's been nine total innings for Tony in eight of them have been really good. There was one that it wasn't even bad. He kind of got singleed to death. There was a lot of soft contact, so I don't think it's as bad maybe on paper as it seems that his last start two days ago against Tacoma, where he gave up three runs over four innings. Again, all three of those runs came in that one inning where just balls found some spots against him. But I mean hit his second start with us in Round Rock Boy, he was looking phenomenal. Fourteen swings and misses over forty six total pitches, twelve of those fourteen on the splitter, and you could see why at the time the Dodgers were saying, well, maybe it is just one more for Gonsolin, or maybe he could join us sooner than that, But they, I think, have the luxury of making another start at least how things stand now with us next week in Saul Lake, and that should be the final one. But overall, Tony, of course, you know, he'll be such a big lift for the rotation, veteran guy who knows what he's doing out there. And again, I think the majority of the results have been really good so far.
Speaker 1: Alex Fraeman, the voice of the Oklahoma City Comments, joined us here on off night Dodger Talk. All Right, some of the young guys. We'll start off with Hayesong Kim. They signed him in the off season. Many thought he'd open the season with the big league team. He struggled offensively in spring training, alex and that was the one thing that the Dodgers really wanted him to work on before they call him up to the big leagues. How has Hayesong Kim look so far for OKAC.
Speaker 5: Well, the batting average is in a decent spot right now. It's dipped down a little bit the last couple of games to sixty eight. But I think the thing that's been encouraging is especially for the Dodgers, has been the slug It's a five twenty one slugging percentage so far for Kim, with a total of eleven extra base hits, so over half of his hits so far have gone for extra bases. He's also played all over the field, second, short, center. A lot of people have been asking, well, how has he looked in center. He'd never really played there before. He's played a little bit of left field in Korea, and talking with him through his translator saying he's adjusting just fine. He perverse playing up the middle the way I've said it is he doesn't look any different than any other center fielder that I have seen this year. And I say that in a good way, but offensively. Yeah, there's still some adjustments to be made. I think velocity, and he'll even admit the velocity on every pitch is higher than it is in Korea. And another point that he brought up again when I was interviewing him and assisted by his interpreter Joe Lee, is that the overall speed of the game is just faster. He's said, everything is faster here in the US. You don't have a pitch clock over in Korea, you don't have the pace of play in disengagement rules that you do when comes to holding runners on. So he's adjusting to that as well. And again it's some encouraging results, but I think he's certainly the first to let you know that there's more work to be done.
Speaker 1: Alex, what's the plan for hay Sun Kim? You mentioned he's playing center field. He has opened the eyes a lot of Dodger fans saying, well, maybe that's the long term plan form Is that the case or is it to make him versatile like a Chris Taylor a keyk Hernandez a Tommy Edmond, a guy who can play multiple positions infield and outfield.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think I can definitively answer that question. I think you have to ask another Friedman spell differently the answer to the answer to that question. But I think we know that the Dodgers value versatility. I don't think that there is a plan to stick him at one position. I think it is to just keep him up the middle basically second, short, and center, knowing that he can handle any of those positions.
Speaker 1: Dalton Rushing, we saw the experiment in left field at the end of the year last season. Is he back behind the play at full time? How is Dalton Rushing the Dodgers' top prospect looking so far in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: Alex, Yes, he is mostly behind the plate, and that's nothing to say that he can't play left field. He did play a couple of innings there one of our game when he pinched hit, like in the eighth inning, and it just made sense for him to continue the rest of the game out there based on the rest of the lineup in defensive alignment. But it's mostly catch. There have been a little bit more first base then we saw last year. We basically saw none in Oklahoma City, so there have been some games at first base.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 5: The thing for Dalton is last week in Round Rock hitting before one of the games in the cage back locked up on him. He used the final four games that series. But he's been back this week the same guy that we saw last year. Really good knowledge of the strike zone, a really good hit tool as well as power, and he's had some really good early results too. But again that's been a little bit limited, just between again that minor injury and the fact that being a catcher he is going to get some days off as opposed to other position players. But it's in the starting lineup back behind the plate tonight, so looking.
Speaker 1: Forward to that Alex. One of the guys Dodger fans saw in spring training was Alex Friedland, the twenty three year old infielder out of Central Florida third round pick back in twenty twenty two. He shot through the system last season, played really well at every level that he got to. Here he is in twenty twenty five. Is he still primarily a shortstop? Are we seeing maybe a little bit of him at third base? And how is he doing here in the start of the season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, still, I think you nailed it. They're still primarily playing getting his majority of reps at short, but they have nicked some third in as well, and he's been totally fine, I think at both spots and a really good hands, strong arm. The offense has been the biggest difference for the most part. Last year, he struggled when he was with us, but he was starting to figure it out at the end of the season. Had a really good last series in the season in Salt Lake City, and it was one of those situations like, gosh, you just wish the season was kind of going to go on for him because, like I said, he was figuring out. It's carried over to this year. Talking with Alex, he says, I'm just playing free again. I got tight when I got here to triple A last year. I wasn't having success, develop some bad habits. I'm getting back to the player that I usually am and again a free Alex Friedland it is in his last name. Since it has been a really fun to watch again offensively defensive league. I can run too. He's got five stolen bases in six attempts since April of fourth. He leads all the minor leagues and hits, so he's been a hot hitter as well well.
Speaker 1: Alex, I appreciate the time and the update from OKC on some of the Dodgers' top prospects knocking on the door to get to LA. Thanks so much.
Speaker 5: Happy to join you any time.