Speaker 1: I didn't make this terrible model my dad did. Why can't you guys let us do things for ourselves. In the words of Oscar Wild, experience is simply the name we give to our mistakes. I saw him too, Dad.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I gotta carry it away from now on. The Only thing I'll ever do for you is coad syne. If you want a gun four.
Speaker 3: Finger Discount, dude, welcome to four Finger Discount, where this week we're here to review father knows Worst.
Speaker 4: I'm Dando, and I am guy who knows the worst.
Speaker 5: Out of you. And I well, I was about to say, you're the father? Do you know worse? I think the Godfather?
Speaker 4: Please excuse me.
Speaker 5: That's that was a terrible brand. Now let me try that again. Then though, when they can bud guess.
Speaker 4: The Bible hit the difference between that one and the one you just did.
Speaker 5: Are you kidding? The second one was like fifteen percent better. But you're the father here, and look, based on the children that I've seen you raise so far, the ones you acknowledge, I.
Speaker 4: Thought you were implying father of fourthing a discount. My I'm actually a father. I may I understand you now, I'm on the same wavelength. Sorry, sir, oh okay, Well you've birthed so many things. Well, actually you have, you haven't birthed them.
Speaker 5: Yes, you had like ten seconds of effort, and then there was like nine minutes of come on again again. I overestimate. But you are a father of many things. You're a father of a podcast network. You're a father of two lovely children. You're a father of three rambunctious cats. You never know worse, everything's running smoothly. I mean I came into the fourth Finger Discount Studios today. Dat know it's looking neat in here or a change? What's going on? So, yeah, you've clearly got your life together. You're clearly the patter familias. What's your secret.
Speaker 4: Having guests come over to the house and go we need to clean up now?
Speaker 5: This is why I don't have guests at the house anymore. Lou said to me, the is a bit at your place. I said, I know this.
Speaker 4: Strategically planned to be this way.
Speaker 5: What's your point.
Speaker 4: I actually have a house, been living in a box. I saw that to pay for the box.
Speaker 5: Please move your cube, so father knows worst.
Speaker 4: I really liked this, I said, I always watched them twice. First time I watched it in bed, I was tired and I fell asleep halfway through. I was like, whenever, this is stupid.
Speaker 5: Second time I.
Speaker 4: Watched it, and I watched it more of a father mindset. I thought Homer for the most part in this one was genuinely trying to make an effort to improve button Lisa's lives and not really for any personal gain. Was it was, if anything, maybe the embarrassment of having kids who weren't succeeding, but it was. It's not like he was getting anything really out of them. Winning the award, Like the thousand dollars wasn't going to him, it was going to Bart's college.
Speaker 5: No, No, but it does feed his ego in some way. As he said, he says, ah, my son's a loser and my daughter's a loner. I'm not a parent. Of course, you want what's best for your kids. But at the same time, do you ever feel like your kid's accomplishments, all their personalities or anything they do sort of reflects on you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all the time. And I and I.
Speaker 5: Don't necessarily mean that, and they're like, yeah, in a personal sort of ego kind of way.
Speaker 4: No, you can't help, but just say, like, if your kid's misbehaving at the restaurant, you can't help but feel like, oh, it's reflecting on your parenting.
Speaker 5: Yeah. How many times have you know, we've been in the supermarket or as you say, in a restaurant, any public place where a kid is acting up and you you know better, of course you do, in your heart of heart, in your mind of mind, you go, look, it's not the mum's fault that you know. This kid is clearly having a bad day or has issues of some kind or whatever. I can't blame the parents, but you know, for a split second you're going to go, didn't raise that kid?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And I think before I was a parent, I was more of the mentality, especially on a plane, right and the kids crying, I'd go, shut your kid up, will you. I now have the mindset of I know how you feel. Sometimes I don't mind if the parent is trying. If the parent is trying to control the kid and the kid is just not cooperating, I feel sorry for the parent now where I never used to. I just go just shut the kid up, will you? If the parent is still making no effort That's when I get annoyed, because I know I've been in the situation. I go, if you just try, if you're just trying, then I forgive you. But if you do not even try, and I guess sometimes you just want to throw the towel and go, I've tried. There's nothing I can do. But when you when you're in a public space, you made these kids. Unfortunately, I know the behavior doesn't always reflect on how you're parenting. Some kids are just they need extra help. They can't control, harder to control. But you've got to try.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, otherwise you're pulling at James cordon You know that story, right, Yes, we don't need to repeat it. Look up James Corden playing parents and you realize why people hate that. Guys never met.
Speaker 4: Parenting tips though from Dando and go oh, but it's why people tune in. That is why I tune in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and not really tuning in for the incisive pop culture commentary anymore. It's daddy tips from Dando.
Speaker 4: But I like this one though, because I just thought that Homer was actually making an effort and I think they strategically the March B plot here again similar similar to the similar to the B plot with Lisa last week, where it felt like it was just kind of giving them something to do.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: So, Marge's B plot here, I think was strategically done right to a. We don't question why she isn't also helping because she's busy doing this and she's off for the fairies, because she's a relaxed blah blah blah. B Homer thinks he's now the last hope because Marge isn't going to help. And see, she can't talk home or out of it because what he's doing might necessarily be the best idea, and if she was focused, she might go no, Home, No, No, don't handle it this way because Lisa doesn't want to be one of the cool kids. That's not what she wants. Good for you for loading a lot of thought into that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the whole March B plot it will be minus plotters, I'm calling it. Yeah, just seemed like, what the hell is the point of this? And you're right, it's a it's a it's a very effective sidelining technique. Yeah. Wow, I'm going to give Robert Lezebnik a.
Speaker 4: Little more credit than he initially had because he couldn't have the Homer plot without Marge being distracted somewhere. That's true, because she would chime in and give her two cents yea, and she would. She should be helping. We'ld be sitting there going Why is marginal helping? Why is she not being part of this as well? Yeah, why she's not staying home? I don't do that. So to take all those elements out, she's often disauner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, look, a very valid point. I agree with you about Homer certainly acting from a place of good faith, acting with very very good attentions. Interesting tension in the episode, because yeah, he is, as you say, doing the right thing and actually going about it in some pretty effective ways, but at the same time acting even more not even idiotic, just downright stupid than usual, and not stupid in an aggressive way, but just like he got hit in the head with a blunt object kind of way. You know, there's a lot of real dumb dumbness in this.
Speaker 4: I was more annoyed, if anything, that my main critique was that I thought Bart's motives were incorrect, because Bart's not an idiot. Bart is not dumb down. He's just misguided and easily distracted, lacks motivation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what we maybe used to call hyperactive and now we call yeah something else.
Speaker 4: So I think it needed to be more of a sense of Homer pushing him in the direction of showing put your motivation into something more successful, as opposed to my kids moron. I need to do it for him, because Bart's not a moron.
Speaker 5: No, that's correct. Yeah, So there were things like that that made me that took me out of the episode a bit. Yeah, they felt like, we're going to alter the way characters are, We're going to shape characterizations for the sake of convenience, for the sake of the story that we want to tell here, for the sake of this episode. And it didn't necessarily rub me the wrong way, but it did feel like you're doing a lot of heavy lifting here and sort of in all the wrong directions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's just elements where it just feels like this is the classic case of getting a writer in who is changing a character's personality. Guess you could say, yeah, for the sake of a story, I'm willing to go with it. But when you're just getting Bart and you're completely making him idiotic and moronic for the sake of being able to tell this story when reality, you could have told a better story if you just kept Bart as Bart.
Speaker 5: Yeah, essentially, when you look at Bart and you look at him in the classroom and you look at him like, oh, I've got my record, my report I look at my report card and it's like, oh no, d's and f's and et cetera. It's like I never get the feeling. It's like, oh, he got that because he's dumb. It's like, you got that because he didn't pay any attention.
Speaker 4: He's an underachiever. That's what used to call him underachiever and proud of it was the slogan, yeah, very much. He's just a kid who just needs extra help and yeah, that's it needs motivation or direction exactly right. So yeah, to make him someone who is dangling folders from basically going due apologies with that, folks, but that's what he was doing in the episode. Yeah, it just didn't feel right. It felt like, as I said, a misrepresentation for the sake purely.
Speaker 5: Of this episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're getting back to Homer's parenting known in this every parents want their kid to succeed, but it shouldn't come at the expense of their happiness either. So that's where the least the story comes into it as well. You need to find that balance of you're a kid and you're only a kid once, so have fun, but also work hard in the sense of try. That's why I always say to Elliott, I don't care what scores you get at school mate, as long as I know that you're trying. When as school time you try, well, that.
Speaker 5: Sets the foundation for one of my favorite sayings is how you do anything is how you do everything. Yeah. So, yeah, you learn to do the work, even if it's not necessarily something that you're into. It's just like give it a red hod go give it your best shot. If you didn't, if you didn't get an A plus, that's fine, as long as you put in the hours, put in the effort. Yeah absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 4: Balance your work or balance your diet. Everything everything is a balance. Oh yeah, we all know lives about balance.
Speaker 5: Balance. Dan know you're the one who will bring balance to the force.
Speaker 4: I do think the ending was a bit predictable with Bart, just Homer winning because he's they thought that he was at Bart's was done by Bart. We've seen variations on this before, Frank Grahame's thing when Homer did there was it model contest that kind of stuff, right, yeah, and just yet this couldn't possibly have been done by your parent first prize, it's just thought because you can see that coming a mile away.
Speaker 5: But by in the case where Lisa was Florida as well, I mean she did she get or she does she's got.
Speaker 4: Like yes, yeah, no, yeah it was ruff was Idaho, Yeah, and she was.
Speaker 5: She was Florida, Florida not a state amongst.
Speaker 4: Them, gamble. But I did think though it helped convey the messaget the end when Bart comes clean and sort of says, no, no, you need to let us be us. It's don't control your kids' lives, allow them to make mistakes and grow from them.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, look morally and socially and psychology psychologically. Yeah, absolutely, it's on point.
Speaker 4: What was the quote that Oscar Wilder, isn't this about mistakes?
Speaker 5: Experience is just the name we give mistakes. Yeah, experience is just the name of good mistakes. We made Oscar wild Damn with the one liners.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure that is that one Bark quotes at the end he does yes, yeah, which doesn't sort of make sense because how did he know who Oscar Wild is? These guys, well, apparently he visited bart As well. Yeah, yes, didn't like that. Well I didn't mind it, say too, dad, stupid.
Speaker 5: I don't know. There are certain people online who are reading into that, certain things about Oscar whild who apparently liked him young. Oh really not young young, but you know young enough. You like his twinks, some young guy. Yeah, what does it remains? Well, cream of some young someone someone we know who may have employed both of it. Some stage thought it was the height of comedy to refer to me as some young guy. Yes, indeed, I don't think it was all that. I don't think it was unfunny.
Speaker 4: It really wandered the cream, that's correct. I'm working over town, so they set up here of the tongue. What do you think? I thought it was a bit wacky, kind of painless. But for me, though, the only problem was that it just kind of ended. There was no follow up to it.
Speaker 5: That is a very good point something I wanted to raise. It's like funny how those hyper sensitive taste buds sort of went away here, like the episode just forgot about.
Speaker 4: That, because that could have been an episode in itself with Homer. He's learning to live without his favorite foods. Perhaps he loses some weight, he gets more fit, he gets better sleep, so he's not eating lead at night, that kind of thing. And then as the story, he still had the bar and leasa thing. But as the episode progresses, then he realized, oh, I can eat all these foods again. He has to find again we get to about to balance the work with. But the Homer story is all about balance as well, balance your diet, balance your work, or balance everything. So it's all about make the choice go back to my unhealthy lifestyle or eat a bit healthier. But he's learned to live like eating healthier food.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wouldn't make it an A plot. I'd make that a B plot. But yeah, certainly the idea of it.
Speaker 4: I just thought that the tongue taste. But I know we usually have stories that sort of set up the main story than the first act. But I would have thought it would have been nice to sort of bring it full circle in some way.
Speaker 5: I think it's a really good concept. I think it works really well with Homer, or of course, as someone who likes to eat, he enjoys his flavors, all that kind of stuff. I think it could have been really interesting from a visual standpoint as well. You know, like he takes a little nibble of something that's even vaguely spice and all of a sudden will it just explodes it with fruit flavor, all that, all that kind of stuff, you look an interesting way into the story. I thought they handled it, actually, I think think they handled it visually very well. When he's got his whowie pops.
Speaker 4: But he takes it is the cherry one that he has to be. I looked at lemon thing first and I went, that's just stupid. The way his face sucked it was cherry first. Right then I remember to this sour gummy and how's the hell's a gummy? How's the candy? Because the sour candy and his face is sucked in, and I'm like, I've been laughing at this for twenty years. Why would I'm laughing at it?
Speaker 5: An exactly? No, it was it was like it was a good visual representation. I'm like, oh my god, this is how it feels now. Did he haven't had a cherry one first? And then a lemon?
Speaker 4: Right? Too much? Cherry said it with the lemon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gets sucked seeing Have.
Speaker 4: You seen a cat try something sour? I have? Indeed, have you seen the video of the white cat that tries it? No, no, sorry, this isn't sour. This is a cat smelling something sour that's gone. Have you seen that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just pulling incredible faces.
Speaker 4: I'm going to show you this one video. I saw it yesterday thought I'm gonna have to show guy this because it's hilarious.
Speaker 5: There are so many of dogs and cats trying various things that taken a bite of a lemon, or you give a cat a salad, for instance, and I'll try a little bit of it and then just like no, they pulled a Danny DeVito face.
Speaker 4: From a Nope, watch this cat. It's smelling bad yogurt. Watch his face.
Speaker 5: Dan is going to edit this in or what But this cat is basically pulled this way as leaves. Don't use that as a string video.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get us in a good mood.
Speaker 5: Well, you're well aware that my instant serotonin or dope mean boost is yeah, the dog dancing to Africa. But I don't know. We love our four legged friends and we love it when they react in they think they're people. Yeah, so no, that was that was good. But yeah, I love animals reacting. Yeah, it was dry, reaching poorly to food that they don't really enjoy.
Speaker 4: So, speaking of what was talking about waste opportunities there with Homer, right, Lisa story I thought was also a bit wasted as well. I also thought this could have been an episode in itself. We have seen it before, Lisa trying to be cool, trying to fit in and realize that she just needs to be herself to be happy. Yeah, but there was it just felt like it was just again, I felt like three stories here that weren't fleshed out, thrown into one episode.
Speaker 5: It did feel that way, didn't it. Yeah, I think something I've written well, to quote my notes, this is a little all over the place, and it certainly was. I mean, essentially they've taken if not the plot of Mean Girls and certainly the concept of mean Girls. I'm not sure if there's around this is probably around seven five that feels around.
Speaker 4: The four four and five was Ween Girls early, Yeah, early two thousand and this was two thousand and nine, so it was, oh.
Speaker 5: Okay, it was definitely taking off Mean Girls.
Speaker 4: Then it was Me and Girls taking off something else? Though, Was Me and Girls an original concept of girls being pitches? I don't think it was an a viginal concept. Well not really, no, but there was. Actually if the.
Speaker 5: Book was called Mean Girls, the book might have been called Queen Bees and Wanna Bees okay, which was actually like sort of a sociological study by this by this researcher who spoke to a lot of high school girls and sort of not worked out the pecking because the pecking orders existed at the time immemorial. But this is what it's like in the nearly twenty fifth century. This is what your teenage daughters are up to. And the ogual maybe here here, here, here, or here, and yeah, it's nothing new, but this felt very much in terms of like, oh, they're sitting at this table, Oh you can't sit with us, all that kind of thing. If you've watched Me and Girls, like, oh, that's how they act.
Speaker 4: It was worth it for me for that bar scene, though. I liked the bar sceam where they're showing off how girls or how people in general manipulate others, and I'm like, this, this would actually work. These are legitimate, These are legitimate cases of how you manipulate people.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, i'msults and what's it called the Toledo take back or something like that.
Speaker 4: That was one of my favorite most I just fought. Dan was so funny in that just getting the favorite moments?
Speaker 5: Shall we? Yeah? Well, by the way, shout out to Dan see heh yes, he won an Emmy for his voice work on this particular episode. Did yes, fourth Emmy? Well done, Dan? See my favorite?
Speaker 4: All right? My first favorite moment was Ralph saying, oh, he said, date your daughter, buddy. I'm here to eat, not to make interesting conversation. I could have really die anymore. But it used to be we used to call the oasis where you go inside the factory at FOURT and you'd eat your lunch and some people just want to talk and I'm like, dude, I don't want to talk to you. Oh yeah, I just want to eat my lunch, read my phone, leave me alone. And it's employee of the month there. But it's just you know, but you know those points where you're trying to eat your lunch and you found something interesting to read or watch and someone's talking to you, and you want to be polite and pretend like you're trying to engage, but also imply I'm done now though, Can I just get back to what I was doing? Please?
Speaker 5: Friends? There was a time when Dan when I used to work together, not only work together, but actually sit next to one mother. And this was very much the case, like we are watching their dinner something. Daniel was always extremely friendly. But a blind down where the plank came from it lunchtime was dandos. What else did enjoyment?
Speaker 4: I also enjoyed as silly as it was. I lined time as helicopter away when he crashes black dog down, I'm.
Speaker 5: Like this, black hog down? Black dog down was fun like this is stupid.
Speaker 4: I found myself laughing and I went, I don't know why I'm laughing, but I'm laughing. So to put us in a favorite moment, you got me.
Speaker 5: They ran the helicopter gag into the ground by the first many times, but first time was good. But black or damn, Black or damn was funny.
Speaker 4: Harllycufter away?
Speaker 5: What else?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: All the various ghosts oscar while I was throwing all these quotes are there?
Speaker 5: Whatever happened to boo?
Speaker 4: A great lineup of ghosts in Westminster Alley. Yeah, Ali, you say Westminster Alley, I said Westminster Abbey, said Allie said, like Ali to the tape.
Speaker 5: By all If I've got it wrong, Westminster Ali is actually the back street outside Weinstminster Abbey. Did you know that?
Speaker 4: That's what a lot of fun happens?
Speaker 5: Right? Yeah, No, I actually made that up. That's that's that's complete, complete lie. But I'm so convincing. But yeah, a great lineup of ghosts in Westminster Abbey.
Speaker 4: Maum, we get to ruin one of my trivia questions, but go for it?
Speaker 5: Go why not? Because it's you know, the author of the Canter Retails, Jeffrey Chaucer. You may know him better as Paul Betany from A Night's Tale. Anne of Cleves is one of the wives of Henry the Eighth. Story about that, I'm sure I have told my show Busy Jason stories many times. But back in I think it was twenty ten, maybe around that time, I went on a lovely press tour to Ireland to visit the set of a show called The Tutors, which was basically mentioned this what if Henry the Eighth but sexy and yeah, Henry Cavill was in it.
Speaker 4: You mentioned Henry Covery. You mentioned this story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, it's where my crush began and never ended. But the actor playing Anne of Cleves was the singer Joss Stone. Are you familiar with Johnstone? She charmed us all. She was just pants flew off. Absolutely, Oh yeah. She was so delightful. And you know, I think we were talking about how an and of Cleves was generally regarded as one of the less attractive of Henry's wives, to which Joss replied, oh yeah, I'm a right mega. Well, miss, I think we love you now.
Speaker 4: Sometimes people just have that reaction within ten seconds. You just hear in your head it must be love, love love.
Speaker 5: So yeah, Anna Cleaves and yeah, Oscar whild played in the movie by Stephen fry So. Yeah, good crew at Westminster. Abby.
Speaker 4: All right, my first question for you, I got a favorite. I'm thinking of trivia, right, I'll say that.
Speaker 5: I know I'm talking a lot, but yeah, man, don't jump ahead. I think I've already mentioned good visual gag with the flavored lollipops. I thought that worked very well. We talked about the mean girls a little earlier. Some terrific burns from those gowls that's one of the best. I thought you might have it. Yeah, I hope. Well, that looks like a really nice lunch. Today we're having a cold shoulders like, oh damn, I'm doing the ice cube and Chris Tucker and Friday.
Speaker 4: I think. But I'm getting soft because I watched these scenes. Now when I see, Yeah, you're afraid that's going to happen to Holly, Yeah or just Ali.
Speaker 5: Yeah, worse for me, But Holly's going to do this to someone. That's what if you turn out to be a mean girl that I actually worry about that. Sometimes I go, I hope my kids don't have to be bullies. Elliott won't be a bully.
Speaker 4: Holly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you just don't know yet.
Speaker 4: Because you're still twenty four. It's like sometimes Hollywood wouldn't share this, and I'm like, she my sister was never a bully, but she was in clicks. I don't want Holly to be in clicks because clicks aren't fun for anybody.
Speaker 5: Aren't fun? Friend groups are fun?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, but what was I saying?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I watch these scenes though, and I just worry, worry, I just see Lisa and I feel really bad for it because it's just she's sitting in a corner by herself, and Homer seeing this, he wants to help her. I don't think he sees that and goes, I'm going to benefit from this. I just I don't want Lisa to feel this way.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I've said this before on a few of our podcasts, especially recently. But you know, you listen to podcasts where they talk about the difference between the way boys bully and the way girls bully. And boys are like carpet bombs, you know, they're like scorts to Earth, but then it's over, it's done with girls are like strategic strikes. They're like the bunker buster. You know, it's like, uh no, I will never recover from that. You will wake up three decades down the line recalling what a girl said to you. If it's like, oh god, they know exactly how to how to hit me.
Speaker 4: That's like when I remember when she was like is that it stayed with you already?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but nine months lady got Elliott. Well a couple more things are like you mentioned, Yeah, buddy, I'm here to week. That's a great, great, a great Homer line. It feels very Homer and it's a great line, and he.
Speaker 4: Would be sitting with Ralph. I just speke he would be sitting with.
Speaker 5: Mosaic. Well, yes, we should all go Scandadavin in the sauna. What are we doing here? I thought that was very funny. But the the best gag something Rybald was the misunderstanding between doctor Hibbitt.
Speaker 4: No right, Holy.
Speaker 5: Homer's tone is going to be out of action for that might impede your love me. No, No, He'll just ride down what he wants. Brilliant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's so many layers to that joke.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I've got to give yeah, rob My, Well, first of all, if you're listening, Hi, writer Rob Zebnik, I hope I'm pronouncing you'll sooner grectly.
Speaker 4: If you're listening, hello, good to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Having He said, that was so fun to watch. I'm gonna sit in the room.
Speaker 4: You don't looking at me, look at the camera, have any conversation with someone who's never gonna listen to this.
Speaker 5: I'm going to sit there like I'm here too.
Speaker 4: I'll get back to you and I'm right down.
Speaker 5: My attentions all roll. What you have a conversation. He hadn't written an episode for eight years. His last one before this was Homer Versus Dignity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which doesn't bow well for his reputation. Correct, that's what my HomeOS Sex with the Panda.
Speaker 5: That's correct. On a fan forum, someone who did not like this episode basically said, Rob please disappear for another eight years. I don't wholly agree with that. I love the the degree of burn, I think it's great, sure, but I will give you props for that particular gag. I thought it was very very good indeed, and that was guys favorite moments.
Speaker 4: Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in ad free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Seifeld, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four figure discount.
Speaker 5: Next question, you there eating.
Speaker 4: The Beast trivia time. My first question for you is the prize at the basketball game at the squid Port was a flag of what was it?
Speaker 5: Alaska?
Speaker 4: No, so that was the.
Speaker 5: Because that's the forty last state.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a lunchbox.
Speaker 5: Okay? Was it a flag for another country?
Speaker 4: It was Milwaukee Braves, the team she now knows the Atlanta Braves after nineteen sixty six, but they were the Milwaukee Braves from fifty three to sixty six and they won the World Series in fifty seven. Okay, then they moved to they originally with Boston and Milwaukee and now Atlanta. I can't imagine that ever happening in AFL, but like it did happen because you're still called the Braves, Yeah, Atlanta, the Atlanta Braves.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah yah, because you know, the Cleveland Indians had to become something.
Speaker 4: Else, yeah yeah, and then they're the Cleveland Guardians.
Speaker 5: You'll get this because I think everyone was talking about it. But what kind of dinosaur is Marge riding?
Speaker 4: That would be a sticky saw? Stikus checks out. Well, you've got one of my questions with the westmins aabby ghoest. My next question for you is what is the name of the Ali behind And the answer to that is Ali sheety she is in short Circuit? Right, that's Ali Shedy she is, Yeah, Stephanie. I was so funny because the kids watch short Circuit down there, say you're talking short circuit up a bit love the short circuit?
Speaker 5: Right? Did I tell you?
Speaker 4: That's why I called Daphne daff So I always go Daphanie, Daphanie, And I was like, I watch sort so oh it's Stephanie Japhani. My instinct is I love short circuit as a kid.
Speaker 5: Is that the pronunciation by Johnny five or by the Indian ga played by noted non.
Speaker 4: No no By Johnny five, he says Stephanie, Stephanie. Now I'm always like Daphanie, And.
Speaker 5: Why why do you do that? Nicols like what did?
Speaker 4: I don't know. There's a reason, but I can't figure it out. And then short Circuit came on and I went Stephanie. Everybody has got their their stuff. They've lifted from pop culture and they don't maybe even remember exactly where from Listeners, viewers, if you've got one of these, if you've got a line that you use from a movie or TV show all the time that just entered your personal vernacular, let us know. Mine is from the nineteen ninety six romantic comedy The Truth About Cats and Dogs, where Jenningerofflo sort of spills something on herself while she's trying to impress some guy and says, of course, of course that would happen. I say this all the time.
Speaker 5: I use that all.
Speaker 4: I've never seen that movie, but I've said, of course this happened. Of course what I always back it up? Why wouldn't it?
Speaker 5: But I say exactly that rhythm, of course, of course this would happened. So yeah, your next question for me, I know you just asked me.
Speaker 4: I just asked you one. Didn't know?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well how about I ask you one?
Speaker 4: It was alily sheety was the answer?
Speaker 5: Actually, what is the no? You're taking the okay? In the model store, Alfreddy Newman is holding up two sides.
Speaker 4: I knew you're going to ask this question. I didn't write it down. What was it?
Speaker 5: But one of them is banned the bomb and the other is washer.
Speaker 4: Hippie, Washer hippie, I do something to do with a hippie. My next question was going to be what who has interchangeable arms in the model store. So there's that one out of the way. I'll then ask.
Speaker 5: You, what is the name of the store model store?
Speaker 4: No, No, it's got a it's got a good name, and I didn't write it down either. It's got a pun name crafty arts, arts and crafts. Good name, good name. Yeah, actual could be should be a store name. What did Martin build in the modeling competition?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I do have it, my know. I'm gonna try and remember, just to really really impress myself and me. It was so Milhouse. Did the Beijing one? You did the CCTV's building.
Speaker 5: Is that right? That's correct in Beijing.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna get I'm gonna look that. I'm gonna cheat. I'm gonna cheat. I wrote my notes.
Speaker 5: It's not cheating if you did the work.
Speaker 4: It is the Brazilian National Congress.
Speaker 5: It certainly is. May I tell you some of the others go for it. Utah did the temples at ankor what in Cambodia?
Speaker 4: I believe it is nice to see you, Yeah, good to see you.
Speaker 5: Blind spot for me. I don't know who the who that other kid is?
Speaker 4: It was Noah. It was the smart ass kid. Was that Noah? That was the kid that that's the story. Okay, yeah, By the way.
Speaker 5: No I had to be in it because I guess.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, you didn't make that much of an impression. I actually liked saying Noah. I like the name Noah, and I'm like, it just teakes me back when we're trying to name a kid and I'm like, I don't like that name, Nicoli goes. I really like this name. I don't I would not be called that.
Speaker 5: It's a no One Noah. I just loved when he was getting sort of drilled on state capitals and I was like, Wow, he's terrified of you. That was really funny.
Speaker 4: I was watching this actually, and I do worry sometimes that maybe I am a bit of a helicopter parent. It's just I don't know when I'm watching Elliot do oz kick and things like that, because I play so much footy with Alliott. I'm just trying to remind him, no, remember when I teach you this and get me wrong, Alliot. It's really good at football, right, also cricket, Yeah, also cricket. But sometimes he's playing a game and I get annoyed because they get these kids to do the umpiring, like the kids that play for the local footy. They do it at a local footy ground for a club and they get the like under sixteen kids from the club to do the umpiring during little mock games, for oz kick games and with kids games. Now they have what's called zones, so put cones across thirds of the ground and if you're in the back line you got to stay in the back line. You're in the midfield, you stay in the midfield, if you're in the fords, you're staying the force. You're stay in the Zone's trying to teach the kids not to follow the football because I used to watch Little League footy and it was wherever the ball was, all twenty kids, all forty players were in the one spot, so trying to kick the kids braided. But you watch it and the kids of the parents who are associated with the os Kicks just do what they want. And obviously these kids know them because they're associated with the club as well, the umpires, and they just let them get away. But then they'll pin alliot and I guess, sit down. I'm just going it's just I was kick. It doesn't really matter. But how are these kids a supposed to know right from wrong when they're allowed to do the wrong thing? And why is Alliott. It's making Elliott frustrated because he's going, Dad, he's leaving the zone. Why can't I leave the zone? I'm going, what do I do in this situation? Do I become one of those soccer mums or the dads that interfere, or do I just let it go?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think you sort of front up to the young umpire whoever sort of running the show that day and you're doing it wrong. Yeah, you subtly go behind the scenes and say we sort of establish these things for a reason. Be good if everyone sort of went with it, and you know, if the person who was running the show says it's just a game or it's just a bit of fun or whatever, it's like, hmm, I might start lobbing to actually take this personal job because they're messing up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to say messing up. I want to say something else.
Speaker 4: Because Ali comes to me and he goes, why is he allowed to do this? And I go, I know, mate, that's not right.
Speaker 5: Yeah forwards from run your Own Race. Yeah, it's good advice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but a non parent, I just watch it sometimes and I go, I feel like I want to interfere and I take a step back, but I feel like I wanted to wholly understandable.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Look, the term helicoplic parent get I think it's being used in a bit of a pejorative way these days, but I think probably we used to call it just being an involved or an engaged parent. You can overdo it, of course, any parent can, but better maybe better that than the alternative who asked the last question I think was me.
Speaker 4: Do you want to ask one more? And it would do some stonecup of shout outs.
Speaker 5: Oh I've got one more? Do it hit me? Speaking of Westminster Abby, mister Ali Sheedy. Yes, indeed in the model shop, Kirk said, Homer won't get past what section of the Westminster Addie Abbey?
Speaker 4: Good look, I want all these patrons listening out there in the patrioon group this week, I want you to send this through all verys of Westminster Aby from this way or Westminster Ali shady, Westminster Addie? What were that someone called Addie?
Speaker 5: The Westminster Addie is London's version of the Gelo Advertiser, a formerly great newspaper. Actually now it's say formally great. US shouldn't even say newspaper Oh, this straight to them. I'll never went from again. Uh yeah, the Westminster Abbey model, Kirk said, Homer won't get past what section of it?
Speaker 4: Ah, yeah he does. It's too specific. I won't get that it's the north transset transset. Yeah. Also, I don't want to keep saying we'll get to the review, because the were various moments about this where I really really liked it. But we'll get to what we do a full review. But before we do that, though, there are some names you need to read it, oren't they sure do? Yes? And their names who they called? We called the stone cutter, the stone cutters, Yes, the stone cutters for faces. Pronunciation is fun and exciting. What was it was the other on Salt and Papa. I watched the SNL movie the other day.
Speaker 5: Oh, the Saturday night, Saturday night movie. Yeah yeah, what do you think? I liked it right to bad. I had no idea that SNL ad so late at night. Oh yeah, I thought it was just like you know, eight o'clock till ten o'clock show on a Saturday night.
Speaker 4: It's eleventh thirty to one.
Speaker 5: Oh no, it's it's on late. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, wonder if it's a Stoner's favorite. Absolutely if you like snlbow check out the new podcast.
Speaker 5: Idea, at which point, yeah, Zach is gonna, you know, explain the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he's gone back our main man, Zach prol all the way back to the beginning in nineteen seventy five, and he's doing every episode in order. And I'm like, good luck, buddy.
Speaker 5: You got your work cut out. But now what that. Hey, he's done a great job.
Speaker 4: Yes, Saturday Night dive check out, we're talking about stone cutters.
Speaker 5: We are still cutters. Yes, indeed, do you want to read about well, sure, Hey, you know who we should start with. Is recent? Well, it depends when this episode comes out. It may not be as recent as much, but in three days, two days relatively recent. Birthday girl, Katie G. Thank you for your one hundred dollars support. That is literally keeping the wolf from the door. It's a big, hairy, hungry beast and your one hundred bucks is like get away from their wolf. So thank you very much, Katie G. And thank you very much to the following individuals. They're cutting Stone left and right. Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach Pruitt, the aforementioned Channy Macker, Elliot, j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean Deebe, Pete Anderson, Timothy Berson, Andrew Davis, Kevin Dandrel Plan, Flood, Bella Winderbank, Jack McFadden, Heath Apple Be, Adric McLeod, Mark Trelevin, Ginger and Pickle, Preston Murray. I'm gonna put to Leah Taliah Taliah and Riquez. My apologies, Miss Riquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan b James Sheppard, Joe Reidenzeg, David Pretzels McNally's making me thirsty, Gavin Lang, Damian Miller, and Charlie Joe.
Speaker 4: Thank you for all your support here being top tier supporters on Patreon, being stonecutters. And you remember, if you do join up to the four finger DISCANNT family this month on either five dollars or eight dollar tier, you'll get your name r out on the end of the month monthly mail bank episode.
Speaker 5: Indeed, there'll be no tears if you join us on one of those tiers.
Speaker 4: Indeed, all right, I like that you thought that was a rale played, yes, well, played, sir so much.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: So the original air date of Father Knows Worst was April twenty six, two thousand and nine. What were the top three films at the box office? Mister Davis, Oh no, no, you've got the Google. You tell me, what do you have a guess? Two thousand and nine film? Name any film for two thousand and nine, so if you can get it, I kind of No.
Speaker 5: It's long ago. That's fourteen years ago. Now that sixteen years ago A long time, isn't it. It's a long time.
Speaker 4: It doesn't feel that love, but it's a long time.
Speaker 5: We're a quarter of the way into the twenty first century. Yeah, so for someone like me who was born, you know, in the twentieth century, Wow, the twenty first century. Can't wait for the future. We're well into the future.
Speaker 4: I said to Nicola the other day, we're watching something. I said, there are people who are in their mid twenties now who are born this century. Oh yeah, in their mid twenties. Yeah, I said, no, wonder they don't understanding the shit we're talking about.
Speaker 5: There were people born in this century who can now date Leonardo DiCaprio. Yes, that's why look, let me put this in terms that I understand that you might as well. We're six years past Blade.
Speaker 4: Runner, what we are ten years past back to the future too? What?
Speaker 5: Okay? Yeah, so there we go.
Speaker 4: So the number one film at the US box office this week was Obsessed, Never heard of it.
Speaker 5: Obsessed is a sort of a looser remake of Faith Attraction, okay, starring Idris elba. I think Beyonce, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Just I spoke because he'd been on the why at this point? Yeah yeah, yeah, and hadn't been Knuckles yet though.
Speaker 5: Don't believe so, but I believe he is having a torrid affair with a white lady in his workplace. Horrid affair, yes, and she gets a bit obsessed. One might say, oh, there you go, it's albohy, wouldn't you hig jinks? So Hi Jinx I Jinx.
Speaker 4: Number two was seventeen again, still number two at the box office, and Fighting comes in at number three.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's got a Channing Tatum in it. Oh, I thought it was on.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking of Fighter maybe, which is the one that has Welburg in it. That's the Fighter, the Fighter. Okay, that's not thinking of so Fighting is not.
Speaker 5: That it is not that. I don't really really remember a great deal about fighting other than it has Channing Tatum and it's probably got the most boring Ted.
Speaker 4: Lever speaking of fighting. By the way, if youre not supports about some Patreon we just did a review of Bob Berger's Sexy Dance Fighting.
Speaker 5: It's incredible how your mind works. It never stops. That's that's some A grade spook in there.
Speaker 4: So check it out. Bob's pods avaiable exclusively on our Patreon If you're not supporters yet.
Speaker 5: Indeed, we enjoy making it and you're probably going to enjoy listening to her.
Speaker 4: Indeed. All right, so as we said. Original April twenty six, two thousand and nine, production code Lab F zero eight, written by Rob Lea Zebnik, the man who wrote Over Versus Dignity, and directed by Matthew and Nastark Chopboard Giger will not put hot sauce in the CPR Dummy. I feel the costs is getting thrown around a lot on this podcast lately.
Speaker 5: You can get that feeling as well. This Yeah, also ties into the whole taste buds.
Speaker 4: Thing as well. It does indeed, Yeah, Couch gag March, but Lisa and Maggie swim across an Olympic sized swimming pool to the couch. Bahoma's left behind and he's dead.
Speaker 5: Opinions are divided on the humor or lack there are in this In this couch gag, I.
Speaker 4: Thought it was I've watched this and I went, well, that's a bleak couch gag. I don't feel I feel like in the nineties he would have been struggling in the water. Yes, not face down dead. So the episode kicks off with the It's got Bart, Lisa and Homer at the Springfield squid Pot and due to the what was it the boardwalking laws that have been changed to the truth in board walking laws? That yeah, as Lisa points out, it's ruined the place because now we've got not so hot dogs, cold and droopy, which is what my ex used to call me. Yes, fried dough because worst legal food that never leaves. Every Body shoot an oversized basketball into an undersized hoop, it's impossible, and the prizes have been there for more than fifty years.
Speaker 5: Have you ever been taken by a carnie in that regard? Is like, I get the feeling I'm being scammed here if you go to something like the Geelong shoh yep.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that. I always said to them, can you show me how to do it? First?
Speaker 5: You're such a clever consumer. I mean sometimes you get a bit carrying with it or Darren, but you're very clever consumer.
Speaker 4: Well, if you can prove to me that this is possible, I said, just drop that basketball into that hoop, just make it go in. And usually it's the way they do it is how they get you, because if you hold it directly.
Speaker 5: Know just like how they get you, that's how they get you.
Speaker 4: But my mate used to run one of these right, and he says, the way it works is the basketball fits if it's directly above it. You're dropping it straight down into it. So when they show you, they go see if it's in there. But if you throw it on any form of an angle, it will never fit in two. It's like CARNI friends are no fool.
Speaker 5: They know that you're going to ask, yeah, show me how to do It's like, oh, yeah, fine, no worry.
Speaker 4: That's what I was going to say, to ask them to show you if it goes in on a slight angle, not above it and just sort of like throw it in. They can't do it. They can't, They will never be able to do it. They can't do it.
Speaker 5: That's the trick of it.
Speaker 4: So what they imagine, what they say to you then is like, yeah, go ride the dodgings. Man, you're not gonna lie. I'd appreciate the honesty. If I was walking past and I was being honest like this, would it make me try it out?
Speaker 5: Probably?
Speaker 4: Not.
Speaker 5: Well, they don't guaranteed to win. I think that they try your skill, try your luck, you get lucky.
Speaker 4: They always have these giant toys across the top. Right. And there's another thing my mate used to tell me. He goes, because he did it for like two or three years.
Speaker 5: He goes.
Speaker 4: The trick is every like twenty or thirty customers, you let him win a big prize, right, Yes, So they walk around the scene, walking around giant pan That's the key. Of course, everyone has to see at least one person carrying a giant toy because they then think, oh, I can win one too.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, everybody wants that codeac moment of like you know you're walking along the boulevard or whatever, and you know you got your arm around your gal and yeah she's holding onto a big old teddy bearers like, yeah, that's right, I won that for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you didn't win it. It's just that you were lucky. You were chosing that time to be the winner. That's true, that's true. Anyway, I've held the story before. My Daddy's been really good at the duck shooting ones alone. But he used to always have the first go of working out because the games are never never straight. It's always off. Work out the aim and then just go be like, Wow, that man's a mass shooter. They were furious as my dad. But Homer then mocks the juggler, claiming he can do it too, classic usually does, throws the kids in there, throws himself in there as well. Kids yes, and then jumps in himself, knocks the guy over, and he says, man, I love Saturdays and the custom Marge saying the same thing in the basement. Finally I can have fun with something that I bought for myself, which changed it to be the water heater. But was this meant to be also a sex gag or sex toy gag? That she bought a toy for hersself and she can use it as no one else is in the house. That's if you want it to be. Yeah, I mean it's because we had the kind of kind of correct gag. Later on, I was like, is that's another.
Speaker 5: One maybe otherwise just oh, I could be myself, but it's for everyone else because that's Marge. That's large. It's a lot in life. I had a water water heater incident in my place not long ago, from a very long, hard, just day at work such as it is, and from the from the study to the landron correct yeah, with a detail to the kitchen. But I was i was lying down at the end of the day. I's like, oh, I'm just going to take twenty minutes just to get my breath, get my bearings and nord and I heard this sort of dump dump dump. Oh god, there's another possum on the roof or something like that. Then later on I went out of the laundry and one of the braces that was connecting the water heater to the wall had come loose, so the water heater was kind of like on a forty five degree ankle, and I'm like, oh, bully, it's like and it's like Nelix of course, it's happened. Of course, of course this is what happened. But it's like, you know, it's six o'clock on a Friday night. I'm like, I'm not even calling my my man David the plumber, or first of all, who would I call? How do I YouTube fix this year? Our Ghostbusters? Real? But I'm like, I'm turning on various hot taps and haws. If I don't have hot water, well I'm stuffed as well. But luckily the hot water is still going. But the water heat heater is just on this forty five degree and are looking very precarious, I know, just sort of stacking stuff around it to sort of put it back to be it in It looks a bit like the leading tarrapiece of the angles, not quite.
Speaker 4: A can next sort to stand next to him push It's like, timmy, what do you know the next eight hours we'll make ten bucks?
Speaker 5: Then his parents said, taking out and prostrating order. But yeah, so I'm sort of currently looking at ways like Okay, how do I fix this? I mean, but it's still working fine, there's nothing wrong with it's not falling over again. But it's like, but when your water heater goes man, that's just bad news. Particularly you know, we're we're smack in the middle of window right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's it's chilly out here. We had was that was that going? And then it came and fixed our thing?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 4: Bruce Bruce? Yeah, what a legend. Bruce Maybe can trust I know, right, Bruce Campbell Bruce Bruce Willis Willis Springsteen. Yeah, Demagie, she loves the old water heater. Back into the attic five more and she gets a free one and we see the floor collapsing into Maggie's room. Yeah, not great.
Speaker 5: One of the great sort of fears of a homeowner. You're looking up at your roof. Yeah, well all the time the rooflet were you hear an al lea. I was here when you told me about it. Man, life fixed it. The water to started pouring through it. I know that's positively satanic. I was terrified. Yeah, the room's gonna explode. That's my mate who was a spark, and he was like, dude, you find something had to happen in the house. The powerl have tripped out, and I was like, ah. But at the time, though, I was, I was scared. Turned on the switch off. I'm sorry, water and electricity in the you know, in the same neighborhood. That's too great taste that don't taste great together. It wasn't just a spilled drink. It was flowing I know, right Still, those are exactly the words you want to hear from a sparky electrician. For our friends internationally, but make you're nothing to worry about.
Speaker 4: Oh. Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week. Our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Sciefild, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. So then she comes across this mysterious door, which turns out to be a fully functioning sauna. It's like a sauna in here, and then this is the first good surprises house has ever giving her.
Speaker 5: Indeed, Dan, there you have cats. Now you will be familiar with the concept of the big stretch. This was what we call a big stretch.
Speaker 4: A want of you people do big stretches. It makes me just want to stretches, to find a good stretch. It's just like to describe, isn't it just so nice? Oh yeah, feeling all the bones.
Speaker 5: Crack those ligaman's going.
Speaker 4: I was walking down the hallway the other night feeling my feet cracking. I'm like Jesus Christ, I'm just getting old. I creaking crack just walking down the hallway.
Speaker 5: Now, Oh yeah, the cacophony of sounds I make. Yeah, when I get up from anything from a chair, I can't wait to tell everyone.
Speaker 2: Oh it is great, Honey for telling me about it. I hope you don't mind. I invited Lenny and I hope.
Speaker 5: You don't mind. I invited Carl and Mo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, my invitation didn't say nothing about no towels. So I guess we should all just go scan the navy and ha ha.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll keep this to myself for a while.
Speaker 5: That's pretty much her story for the entire episode. She's just she's just sounering.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just sawning. That's it. That's all she's doing for to see her on the catch. Relax, that's it. I think we haven't seen it in the sauna again until the end.
Speaker 5: That's correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just see a post sauna. I never have you ever been a sauna guy? I used to have one at the Norlane Water where to go to the local pool, and I'd go in there, I'd go I was too young. I don't get this. It's just boring to me.
Speaker 5: It's just like, yeah, I get where you're coming from with that. I really liked the idea of the whole sauna experience though, you know, like like going scandy, where it's like, first of all, we got and we plunge into the apologies for this accent anyone who's Scandinavia. We plunged into the cold water.
Speaker 4: I love you still did it anyway?
Speaker 5: Well, I apologize covers. We're going to do this, but I feel real bad about it. But first we plunged into the cold water, and then we stand in the cold for a little bit, and then we got into a hot room. Then we're going into a room that's slightly left hot. Then we got and plunge again.
Speaker 4: Then you got into the hot Is that is that the gimmick? Is that what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 5: I don't know exactly routine, it's something like this. It's it's definitely changes in temperatures and you're just getting bigger out. You figurate the hell out. I told you to do the height the ice Bar challenge recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, said, And then some grabs out of your shirt off and you're like, I'm not taking my shirt off.
Speaker 5: Well correct, but you know I did it regardless. And you you get out of this freezing cold water on a freezing cold morning and all of a sudden, ye, your skin just feels like you feel like Homer's taste buds. It's like, oh my god, I'm feeling everything. I'm feeling a really weird combination of temperatures and sensation.
Speaker 4: And I it was like a rock they always are, but yeah, it.
Speaker 5: Was kind of wild. So I would like to do the whole sort of sauna experience, not just sort of sit in a hot room, but like you know, twin go, it's like a sauna in here. I'd probably make that gag and everyone's like, get out.
Speaker 4: To read the sign, do not make this jo.
Speaker 5: It's like, get flugging way, no stairway, no stairway, no sauna, gag. But yeah, I like the idea of the whole process. So if I went to somewhere like Scandinavia in Lindell, Greenland, where's apple Jordan, promise he Finland or Finland or Iceland? Finland, Hey Jordan, if we're wrong, come back to us in neither of these plays like I I mean London, New Idiots.
Speaker 4: Yes, But back at the squid port finds the Cloff colush Man. It was cloth closh Man from New York. But he's selling lamb kebobs now kebobsbobs. Yeah, we takebabs. We do the way the words actually spelled to day spelled it with a.
Speaker 5: No sh kebob. I think they're referring to it as yeah, so it might be kebobs there, but yeah, language interesting differences all all around the wind doing. But they got kebobs. He's what We've got a lamb kebob and he's got a chicken. And then they which is not actually kebob at.
Speaker 4: Least it tries to warn him dad no bus his dad yes, and then he obviously eats it. He needs some water. But gives him some lighter fuel. I didn't like the fire a bit. I thought it was just it was just silly.
Speaker 5: But went on a little long for mine and all honesty, I'm I'm not about to tell the folks at the Simpsons how to do their job, except we do that all the time. And I'm definitely going to tell Robert lea Zebnik how to do his job. Actually, no, sorry, the director of this is Matt who was stuck. Stuck an mistake. This was a good opportunity for like a Godzilla gag. You could have had like the iconic Godzilla theme and you know, I'm just trudging along and doing fire breath. I thought they would have been nice.
Speaker 4: Just die Bardi die blowing water and fire into his mouth, just down.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think a god Zilla gag would have been a terrific shoutout to the actual Caju king of the monsters. Like my comic book guy there, thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 4: It was okay, it was possible, but I watched this going. I say this though, but is this something that maybe Conan or Swartzworld would potentially pitch or try and attempt maybe m the whole fire breathing fire breathing into his face kind of thing. Possibly it fits into that cone and wacky universe.
Speaker 5: Yes, as we've often said, you know you're working in animation, take advantage of that.
Speaker 4: I think just him chasing him would have been bad as post to just grabbing him by the throat and burning him in the face. The chase him a shooting fire would be a better funny visual, I think.
Speaker 5: I think it certainly would have been. Yeah, yeah, picking him up and just breathing fire in his face. Like now you could say, oh, this is just taking the traditional, tried and true Homer choking bark gag and putting a clock in it. But yeah, I'm not sure played on that way. I think the timing was just wrong. I think just went on just maybe three or four seconds too long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Homer is now at home with a cast on his tongue, a massive cast by the way, how digs his tongue fucking march Wow. Yeah, but him says he's going to put a cramp and put a cramp in your love making. I'm afraid of his tongue would be in that cast for a few weeks.
Speaker 5: Should me put something of a cramp in your love making?
Speaker 2: If he wants me to do something, he'll just write it down.
Speaker 4: That's a really funny gag.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: And even just throwing the way cramp now because he tongue gets cramps, well, yours does, but but then writes moren on his cast is a bit stupid. Is it complimentary? Yes? It is runs outside. Hey, we go to look at my comments like whatever, I don't think that whole ten seconds that need to be there at all just felt silly. You mean, the whole gag I think, I mean, yeah, but it's fine. Then fine, everybody look at my compliment.
Speaker 5: How much should yeah? You should have animated a satisfied looking face.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, him looking happy, knowing that at some point he's going to realize it's not you'd have to actually see it. Yeah. A few weeks later, we're at the hospital and Hibbitt has removed. He goes, how do you want removed? Yankee or peely and he puts up two fingers to say peely.
Speaker 5: It says the second one, yeah, yes, but instead he reads it as oh, that's a wife a yankee. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He yanks it off.
Speaker 5: Not again. Not a bad gag. Yeah, I'm giving rob some stick, but he's actually he's not going to few out of the park here.
Speaker 4: I gotta say this is it's so funny with season twenty six, as I found so often we were doing the reviews with Washington gun it's there whatever, and we reviewed me go when you actually think about it?
Speaker 5: What an accurate representation of when you really think about it? No, I think we have said that, but pay attention to people. I don't think we've given the episode as a whole pass. I mean, I think there's I want to say, more wrong with it than right. But the overall quality is such that when you've got these little diamonds, there's a lot of rough and there are some diamonds. Let's put it that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not the fairway, No, this one, this one landed on the green. There's gas land on the green that could be going forward.
Speaker 5: So you're using a golfing metaphor.
Speaker 4: So gags land on the green, gags land in the fairway, gas land in the rough, and gags landing the bunker. They're just bad.
Speaker 5: Some gags just get shanked.
Speaker 4: I love that word because whenever it does a bad kick, he's like a shanked it.
Speaker 5: Where did that feels like that hasn't been used in football for all that long. It feels like it's a recent development, because I mean, really.
Speaker 4: I've always said it ever since I was a kid.
Speaker 5: Because I was about to say when I was a kidding, and then I realized that's not recently. It was never said, you know when I was like, ah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Like you're stuffed it up. Yeah something, Yeah, out on shanked it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But it seems it seems to me that only in I guess the last ten twenty years or whatever.
Speaker 4: I'm thirty six, and I said when I was six, So thirty years.
Speaker 5: Oh my god. Yet no, man, oh my god. But yeah, shanking.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so he tried the cherry lollipop is too much, Cherry tries a lemon, his face sucks in, and Hibbitt says, I think I know what it is, but we should do some expensive tests just to make sure.
Speaker 5: Big big medicine. Yeah, but I loved it. It's like, well, after the tests go, yes, you're you're a lot of nice little bits in this as well, I mean, the whole the new the newly developed taste.
Speaker 4: Yeah it taste so he tastes to being burned off he's got new ones now.
Speaker 5: Looking a bit like an underwater lava lamp.
Speaker 4: I love the coral.
Speaker 5: Yeah, coral under it look like unless they call him a coral forest.
Speaker 4: Do you think I'm not too sure. We'll go with it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, let's say that, but yeah, I just go with it. Just go with it, starring you know what we're talking about. We're recycling gigs because we're environmentally friendly here at four Finger discoun But that whole thing about even a tackle could drive you insane.
Speaker 4: So little tacos, I thin you're gonna sybout the Christmas cart. I said Christmas cart this year because marg just likes the visual of it all.
Speaker 5: By the way, yeah, about two episodes in a row, they've gone gone all in on tacos.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, because maybe it was Taco Wednesday when they wrote these episodes. It almost makes me forget all about tackles, taco flavor kisses, Southar check out our South Part podcast. But Marge has boiled some all already out of the beats for him. I can still taste over tones of pink and Alisa comes in with some other food, which is from the school cafeteria, mac and cheese, which has absolutely no flavor at all. It looks like food, it feels like food, but it has no flavor which brings in other things. It's like tofu cubes, tidy Joe's cream of steam. You guess them's. And who comes up with the.
Speaker 5: Name of these the formerity comedy writers who are now working at in the school cafeteria, particularly one who was well, I think the alpha male there is the guy who used to work for Charles in Charge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Charles in charg John tell us what it is?
Speaker 5: Well explaining that explained what Charles in Charge is.
Speaker 4: No one knows my age knows what the show is. I know what it is. Got I've written here, but I thought you might want to describe it.
Speaker 5: I've never really watched it all that much.
Speaker 4: It's just a sitcom that ran from ninety two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, starring Scott eight ninety Sorry, yes, starring Scott Bayo. Yeah, he was Charchy on Happy Days.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Doing a description of the show, yeah, please give me because I just a beautiful, well educated woman takes up the job of babysitting three children of a wealthy couple. However, the equations between them change. I don't know what that means. Wait, that is the Google description of Charles in Charge. It doesn't make any I looked at the show and I was like, that is not what I expect.
Speaker 5: No, because I thought that there's like an apartment building or something, and maybe she's like a career woman and she's got these kids, and Charles is some guy who lives in the building and he actually sort of helps out.
Speaker 4: Five seasons, one hundred and twenty six episodes. Yeah, it's like a plot on the page of premise. The series takes place in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Charles, who has no given surname, is a student at Copeland College fictional perhaps meant to represent Rodgers University, where main campus is in New Brunswick, and it's nineteen years old when the series begins. What the hell is that to do the description of Google look at Honestly, that's what Google look at. Google here Charles in Charge.
Speaker 5: Look we called ai slop.
Speaker 4: It just look a beautiful while educable and takes up the job. Is that just wrong or is that just like an episode storyline or something.
Speaker 5: I think that sounds like an episode beyond a wiki.
Speaker 4: This is that I was just reading that. What I was read it was from the wiki.
Speaker 5: Here we go. Okay, Ah, so eating a place to live while attending school, Charles applies for a job working for Stan and Jill Pembroke, an affluent couple in search of a living house.
Speaker 4: So he's the beautiful. So he's the beautiful, he's the manny. He's the manny. Yeah. So I just assumed when that's a beautiful you'd say handsome, right, I mean, could beautiful, But it's Scott Bayer a beautiful But it says a beautiful whild hecaded woman.
Speaker 5: That's not right.
Speaker 4: Scott Bao is not a woman as far as I know. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, we're all for you know, gender fluidity. Here a four thing in discamp. But still it's just what a random description, that's so odd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he takes up the job of manny for Jill and Stan Pembroke.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Feel free to play the Charles in Charge theme, which is sort of like a quintessential eighties sitcom theme. There's a brand new boy in the neighborhood, something something certain, thing something, and it ends with you, I want Charles in charge of me, which is what this guy is saying. It's like the guiding principal Charles and Charles Charles is always in charge because rule.
Speaker 4: It's a good rule to live behind. He's everywhere in the shirt Still I'm the guy from Charles in Charge.
Speaker 5: They've probably got the sign up in the writer's room.
Speaker 4: Remember Charles is in charge, sum underlying charge, Yes, underline Charles in charge.
Speaker 5: No oneline, it is just I remember.
Speaker 4: But then we get lunch Lady Doris and she's asking for the lunch cards, and now Trust McNeil's doing the voice here. This is apparently the first time that Doris Groun Doris Grouse since she passed that lunch Lady Doris has spoken. And I'm gonna be honest, I love Tress, but I think either just replaced lunch Lady Doris or just don't have her speak, because hearing her do this was just I was. I didn't work for it. It just didn't sound right at all. Just I think she's done it. I thought she'd done it in the past. And because I said that in IMDb, I think that could be wrong because I'm pretty sure she says I have no son, and that wasn't Doris grou that was Trust doing it could be wrong though, But anyway, I just don't think trust did are very good.
Speaker 5: Well, I think Doris was sort of so it's an overused word. Our power. Leonard Maltin hates the word, but I think she was so iconic in that particular role. Yeah, that you don't want to mess with it too much.
Speaker 4: Just retire the character.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great, a new lunch lady.
Speaker 4: Also just have trust a new lunch late have crazy cat leader to be a new lunch lady.
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 4: Why not give us something to do?
Speaker 5: Just got plenty to do with those cats. You know what that's like?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Boy do I But Bart notices Homer here, who says he will be eating all of his meals here because he's able to eat them without going crazy. And he says, don't worry, I'm not going to embarrass you. And then he has no money, so he has to work off the food. She puts him on jello. He takes his shirt off, singing some random song about jello. He says, bar can't have any because it will keep him up all night, like when he got into bed with Mummy and Daddy the other night and he takes off his pants and getting too hot and don't worry. I'm not going to embarrass you. And this start very Homovest's dignity scene.
Speaker 5: It did a bit. Yeah, so we talked about diamonds on the rock before these were kids.
Speaker 4: Was in the bunker. The cubs cony is in the bunker. Ralph then says I used to date your daughter, buddy. I'm here to eat, not make interesting conversation. We already discussed that. I like that, and asks Homer, why if they hang out here, why do you have to be here all the time. There's bad enough that I have to be here for three days a week. He says, I know when I'm not wanted. I wanted.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: Then he leaves and he sits at the table with Noah and his mum as he calls us with his hot mum later on, and she tests him on state capitols and oh my god, he's terrified of you, and he's confused as to why she is. Now, why are you sitting here with him? He's clearly good at school and she's just making sure that he gets good grades. And I was like, it's not what we pay overpriced wages of public teach us for. And she says, no, no, no, She just call me over involved. But one day your son will be my son's chauffeur. That's pretty big. That's a pretty big diss. Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, And it would hurt your ego as well. If someone's that to me, I would be annoyed. I feel like it's I take it personally.
Speaker 5: Absolutely. The video is off, unfortunately, but if you are watching on YouTube or one of the many wonderful reels and Instagram stories that Dano puts together, you'll notice it's wearing his Space jam t shirt. He actually put his hair on Michael Jordan's heart when he said. I took that personally. I appreciate it. I thought it was good.
Speaker 4: Well, call me over involved, But someday your son will be my son's chauffeur.
Speaker 2: I hope your son enjoys being driven around by the president of the United States.
Speaker 5: Really, let's see what the future president's doing right now.
Speaker 2: You don't see many presidents doing that. Maybe he'll be j you know.
Speaker 4: At the end, and then we see Bart doing the spaghetti in his nose, and I was like, Bart would not do this. No for the sake of why are you making him? Ralph Wigham, Yeah, it doesn't make any sense, does it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean another sense is that he needs him to be this way for the sake of the story that Rob's trying to tell. But this shouldn't have been the story they're trying to tell.
Speaker 5: That's correct, be better, do better. By the way, the parents actually show up at schools the helicopter in this fashions, they do not.
Speaker 4: Oh fetchesn't it. I hadn't actually thought about that? But yet bit far fetched.
Speaker 5: Again, this episode is full of big stretches.
Speaker 4: But Homer also sees all this is way. She tells him that you need to be a helicopter parent, need to do more helicopter parentinga and that's where he gets the idea. Then he sees he's look, well, I've got a backup plan, and it's called Lisa. And turns out Lisa. She says, how can she be successful if she's not popular?
Speaker 5: Do you mind if I join you? Well that depends.
Speaker 1: What are you eating? Baked potato side salad?
Speaker 5: And well we're having cold shoulder? Is this seat taking No? Go ahead, take it take it way over there.
Speaker 4: It's so cruel, And they take that chair over there. Just the visual Lisa sitting in the corner by herself or what she's going. God, I hope that's not my kid one day.
Speaker 5: But these are burns worthy of a character who later appears in this episode, Oscar Wild.
Speaker 4: I would say, yeah, Oscar. Oscar had a.
Speaker 5: Whole slew of one day.
Speaker 4: It was a catty fellow. Then we get Homer. He gets home and Margine super relaxed, and he asked where she was, and she's not speaking very well. She's just on her own little worst. He tries to do it via possibilities in his head and he gets the skin and a six stecker. Soe, that makes sense and moving on. I think that's just a crush to just move the story along, right, I think so? Yeah. Homer is worried that the kids will be failures if they don't if he doesn't get more involved, or they don't get involved in their lives, and he doesn't want them working for Noah, but March likes the name Noah, and Homer just realizes he, well, if she's going to be in her own world, I guess it's up to me. So he asked the mayonnaise for some extra how much like Popeye would ask spinach. And again that's a random visual gag where he just eats all this mayonnaise and feels sick in the stomach, and that's it.
Speaker 5: I guess, so yeah, And I mean again, there are some gigs that going a little bit too long, and there are some gags that are weirdly cut short, like you know, when he has all that mayo and all of a sudden and something like a split second and then that's it. And also I'm going to look. I know, mayonnaise isn't exactly the most the spiciest of the condiments, but still doesn't have hyper sensitive taste buds.
Speaker 4: I mean that is true. Maybe that's why maybe.
Speaker 5: A shit ton of mayo, I think it would still yeah on your virgin taste.
Speaker 4: I thought we've completely forgotten that story, isn't it. It's like we're completely forgot moving on. So now at school and he sees all the other helicopter parents. Apparently there's just tons of parents now at the school looking in the classroom. It's just for the sake of the story, and he sees Bart being dumb again. There's no future in that. Missus K says that on Monday, there is the Bolts of Wood model building competition first prizes one thousand dollars towards your college fund, sponsored by the American Bolswood Society. That yeah, yeah, and Homer says, that's what my house is worth. I know what the point of that was, really, But Bart doesn't know what he's going to build. So Hama looks for some sort of time for me to take control. Looks on various posters on the water, gets some inspiration, and he sees the Eiffel Tower, too obvious they see out of space, need or something, they need something from Earth, and he sees the blood Drive tomorrow You're no help, and the Washington Monument, which is perfect according to Homer. So he makes the paper plane with the words Washington Monument written and it throws it into Bart. He reads it out and finally he's outed the question from missus Kay. Then Ralph's just randomly there, He says, I like Bart's answer, what are you doing here in this class? And really swept me in here? Yeah, just excuse for a visual gag. I guess so many scenes are ending with bizarre moments. Yeah, don't need to be there. Yeah, it's sort of like weird segues or bits of connective tissue. That's all we're trying to say at the start, Like, there is definitely a really good episode in here somewhere, but it's just patted out with this random shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean, I love the idea of someone in the writer's room or someone higher up, as Simpson's HQ, saying helicopter parents. Wouldn't it be interesting if you know someone as seemingly disinterested and uninvolved and disengaged as Homer. Yeah, yeah, I got the ideas like helicopter parenting, you know, or something happens with the kids, like I need to be more involved, you know. Oh I hear about this helicopter pairing and now I'm way too involved. Yeah. Yeah, it's a good concept. It's a really good sort of launch pad. But yeah, I want to say this says failure to launch. I'll just say there's some diamonds in the rough was in the bunker. We're cading some terms here on this episode. I feel we are, indeed hope we're running these down stre I certainly hope we're recording.
Speaker 4: This four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Sci Fiard, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four figure discount.
Speaker 2: I did it. I help my son Hello Copter, Homer Away.
Speaker 5: Blao Cock jown bloo cock.
Speaker 4: John Hopeything gives Lisa The Chicks with Click's book to help her get popular, and she says, I'll be the kind of person that I hate if I do this, though, and Howmo says Country was founded by clics, Continental Congress, the dolphins, they swimming clicks. These are my two examples. These my two examples. How often do you do you have examples? You go? These are two? It's more than one.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to I'm branching into copywriting. And one of the things I've learned about is ab variants.
Speaker 4: Do you know, I don't know what that is. This is.
Speaker 5: Like anything, It's basically we've got a secret language. And that's secret language is actually, oh you mean you just mean this? And so yeah, when I'm learning about ab variance, it was like, oh, so I'm basically offering you two options. You can have this or this.
Speaker 4: That's like Nicholas. She has her office speak because I'm so I've been soling out of the office. She has everything's an acronym. Now, oh yeah, I'm like, I don't know what you mean when you say these things. Yeah, speak words please, everything has to be abbreviated. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, I don't know if it's in The Big Short or Wolf of Wall Street, but yeah, they basically say we talk like this, so you think you can't do what we do? Oh, it's just this.
Speaker 4: What's so Nicola was doing she was doing a job interview and she was to go and she goes, yeah, they just ask me like KP I S and CPUs and old and I'm like, it's ABC's and I'm like, I know what some of these things mean, but can you just how did it go? Use? It's like we knew what I said. We watched it out at the moment and they're saying all these big words like dumb, a damn for me, please, sir. It stands for emergency room. But quite often I'll be running in and I'll go, we've got a m v A. It's a motivehicle accident. I'm like, you have to sort of like yeah, I'm like, okay, I can work that out. But they just like, but even there, yeah.
Speaker 5: Even then with that, it's kind of like the way they're delivering, Oh, that sounds serious, like, Okay, we're going to book you in for an MRI. Okay, coloney, you're saying, yeah, you're not. You're not saying that. They're kind of like, you need it right now, we'll book you in. Okay, I'm not too.
Speaker 4: We can't. Yeah, we need to crash. That sound pretty when the music starts serious business. We watch an episode last night that is arguably the most intense forty five minutes of television I've probably ever watched.
Speaker 5: Since the last one because you told me about the one with the gang shooting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a moment. This is just a fully fledged just edgy your seat just made me anxious the entire time. It's called Love Labor's Lost, and it's when this one and it's the main what's the main character's name Mark Green. Mark Green has like Anthony, but it's a top gun fact. Yeah, it has to deliver a baby because you're not gonna make it. And it's just I won't spoil anything cause I s thirty years on, but it was if you've been through the ordeal of your wife giving birth and having to sort of just allowed and things get not going.
Speaker 5: It sounds like worst case scenarios.
Speaker 4: He's not going to You have a plan and then you realize in the moment, okay, plans gone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh shit, we better play.
Speaker 4: You stand over to hear what we do it and you just have to stand back helplessly and watch it all unfold. I was getting like PTSD from it.
Speaker 5: Even when we relaunched TV launch Pod. Yeah, we'll do the pilot, Yeah we have to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it. We tried the pip Yeah, sorry, it is.
Speaker 5: Nothing's going to recapture that magic.
Speaker 4: It's just I watched well we got loft half an hour in a Nicola, looked at me and she goes too many quips and I was like, too many quips. Oh no, it's just a bunch of not bratty's bratty something. The word just smart as.
Speaker 5: People younger than news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's just and they're equipping at each other, and I'm like, you're a team. Why does everything have to be a smart ass quip at each other? Like why does television medical drummers have to always be smart asses to each other? Like in er, they're a team, they like each other, they hang out after work, they're friends. Anyway, I watched it, I was like, oh, I had such good high hopes for the Pitka.
Speaker 5: Clearly we're not doing that on TV. We'll talk.
Speaker 4: There was a dig loving on the first episode, and I was like, oh, I was not expecting that.
Speaker 5: No one likes a dig loving.
Speaker 4: Not good.
Speaker 5: Look, I was. I had my fingers gloves on this morning because it's cool here in July. I was reluctant to take those off. Yeah, imagine another layer.
Speaker 4: Not thinking about it. No, not good. But yeah, so he's given her the book.
Speaker 5: Again, a relatively saucy gag because it's sort of a play on an antiquated phrase that is just very out of fashion in twenty twenty five. Yeah, use your imagination or do your own research. I'm not going to say it.
Speaker 4: But I was with two thousand and nine so in the moment.
Speaker 5: Oh, look, the Simpsons probably probably would use it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then we we have him. He demonstrates it, basically says that these will work, all right, So he goes to Mo. He demonstrates on the rats aka the barflies, and he shows off the unsold, which the insults disguise as compliments, and he says to Lenny, takes a lot of courage to suspenders when you're not in the circus. And I just as mean as these were. I just thought that was very funny. Oh yeah, and the reactions were pretty spot on.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely, this is basically negginggging yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see it works and unsolts just the beginning. There's also invitations hate hugs, spamming with faint praise and hey everyone when I get frozen yogurt. Yeah, I'm sorry, Mo, I didn't mean everyone everyone. Hope you don't mind.
Speaker 5: No, that's all right, I didn't self booze. They probably wouldn't even come here, And that.
Speaker 2: My dear girl, is called the Toledo take back listen.
Speaker 4: I don't want to have anybody's feelings though, And then I froze back on her. Yeah you're right, maybe you're not ready for this book. I think it's more of a bigger girl thing. And she's like, oh no, I need I need, I need it. She tries it out on line and carn, one of you said something bad about the other.
Speaker 5: Just the real entry mind mess with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, where Crafty Arts Arts and Crafts buys a lot of airplane in glue, but no models, as wise guy says, what's going on there? So he buys a Messer Schmidt and two sixty two, a sixty seven ssgto and an Alfred E. Newman interchange with interchangeable arms. Strows me in the bin on the way out. I want that Alfred E. Newman.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean you've got a lot of lego around the place, and also logo whatever it's called from Lepon. Are you like a like a scale model kind of guy.
Speaker 4: Though never have been. I've got lots. So I bought When I used to work at the old PC, there was a board game and it was Star Wars like miniatures. It was got x ME miniatures or something like that, and but the actual miniatures of the ships were really really cool. So I just bought the ships because like, I just like these models, like the little mini and many of Falcon it's really detailed, so I've bought those. But when it comes to building miniatures.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't have the patience or that, or the motors. I don't have the skills, mate, Yeah, likewise motor skills, but something like that. I remember when I was a kid, like a little kid, single digits, and back in those dark ages, you'd sort of get give. It's like that when you're a kid. I mean, you're having your birthday party and your close friends know, oh, we'll get Guy Star Wars action because because that's what he likes. But you've also invited people who are sort of beat your friends and they don't exactly know what you're like. All their parents have said this is popular or on sale, Guy might like this. I ended up with like a couple of model kids. I'm like, no one, no kids do models kids anymore? Thank you so much. I appreciate the gift. It's very very nice of you. Yon gets thrown in the pile and gathered dust.
Speaker 4: Never never use nineteen seventies equivalent of marketplace. That's where it went, essentially the back of the cabin or bobin.
Speaker 5: Apologies. The people who gave me gifts that I didn't like.
Speaker 4: I've always thrown out these kids home and butter in there to try and buy some bals of wood for the monument that they're going to build. What scale you're using, what Kalonama were in? None of your business, He says he was at one five hundredth of the size. I had no idea what any of that meant until I went at PC, because we used to sell all the figures and stuff that were like a scale. But then Skinner mocks them, saying that that's uninspired, and it's basically saying, I don't care. My son's a loser.
Speaker 5: He's got sort of a point. You look at the Washington Monuments like it's just a.
Speaker 4: It's just a redtailo point on the top, or as one of my favorite Simpsons Dads gags, we're looking at it in Washington and Marge whispers in home is he oh, March grow up? But they decided, well, there's a there's a school of thought that is basically designed like that. It's basically saying to visiting diplomats or ambassadors or other parts of the world, it's like with a big swing and dick on the block. Here apparently we know what the funk we're doing a lot of.
Speaker 5: Places in Washington are actually designed like the design to intimidate.
Speaker 4: But then Homer asked the wise guy, what's the most challenging one to build Westminster Abbey? So he announces to all the parents, children, and childless widows in the store, and that's pretty spot on.
Speaker 5: It makes sense that scans.
Speaker 4: I like the when he announced it. One guy's like prepared to be frustrated, and he says, how hard can it be? You're just going to follow the instructions, and he can and follow the instruction that's on the door. Yes, he pushes, he's pushing the pull door and eventually he pulls, pulls eventually just kicks the window in and climbs out. When you see people do this, right, you help them, But you gotta try and do it in the way. It's not going to embarrass them because we've all been there, We've gone I didn't read the size, Yeah, but one of us seeople. I'm like, will they figure it out?
Speaker 5: Look?
Speaker 4: How long do you wait before you go? I don't think I've ever been in that situation. I have, Yeah, I say it one time to warm and she's like a pull and she's like, oh, pulls it and walks off. I tell she was dying inside of embarrassment.
Speaker 5: But are you a helpful person, like at the supermarket or something in what way? Well, say, you've got a little old lady who you can see, she's like on tippytoes trying to get something off a high shelf. Do you can I help you with that?
Speaker 4: I say, for any lady, no, Yeah, I will obviously always help you. I've helped ladies pushed their trolley to the car and kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it feels good, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: It does. It's done my job for the day.
Speaker 5: We've got my calmer back in alignment.
Speaker 4: I do it usually by just giving a couple of bucks to the guy that's begging at the front. That's how I feel better.
Speaker 5: I have done that every once in a while, and I did. I did want the other No, a couple of months ago. Actually where you know, there's a doe that from the front of the woolies. I had a quick chat with him, said here right man, as oh, yeah, cal on a bit, and I said, you want a coffee? Actually end up having to go like three blocks to grab a coffee and a pastry, took it back to him, gave him.
Speaker 4: Mate. Yeah, I prefer to buy food for them or whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, yeah, but oh look, I don't think of myself. It's too much of a bleeding heart. But I mean, particularly around this time of year, when you see someone, yeah, out front of somewhere, it's like, holy shit, you're going to be adding this tonight.
Speaker 4: Look the question.
Speaker 5: No, that's the thing. Yeah, maybe I'm a sucker.
Speaker 4: There was one.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm not going to say he's fifty bucks.
Speaker 4: No, no, but there's one guy that one the strand here near out near our house, and he's sitting there and you had the full gear, you know, you had like the dirty clothes, dirty hands, like the gloves that were sort of like ripped. He's pay me the iPad and I'm like, mate, you're killing the gimmick.
Speaker 5: Here's my here's my peep.
Speaker 4: I've ben if you're scan the Q.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I mean I think it's just in at in human nature, inheriting human nature that go, oh man, it's getting down to like two degrees. This person is going to be outside From a couple of bucks, then if I can get a half.
Speaker 4: A roast chicken that's still on the sailing side or whatever, the one I have. The dogs always get me well, of course that's like that. Yeah, it's like a hell move. Yeah that's a real side. I don't care about two legs, but four legs. Yeah, a little sachet of what's a dog for pal pal that's the that's the the go to it or Chum.
Speaker 5: I think Powell came first and then Chum.
Speaker 4: Yeah maybe was like we can't have power friends a little on the not buddy, too many letters. Yeah, chum pale works. See chump can be taken as friend and also just sounds good. That's rhymes of young chum. That's true. It's a good word to say. But poll, yeah that works. The hell pedigree pedigree.
Speaker 5: I'm just imagining like some don draper guy. Oh, we've got our terrific pet food. It's called Smithers pet chow. It's like, yeah, it's good. Let me let me run something by you. Pale eyes, whiskers, it's a great name. Yeah yeah, and they don't exist in a vacuum.
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, sorry, we've got one of our AFL football players and renaming whiskers great.
Speaker 5: He already had a nickname. What a good name go, And honestly, that's just a really good brand management before brand management even existed.
Speaker 4: Before everyone everyone mocked him. You look back now, you're like, what a genius move that was?
Speaker 5: Who would have thought that Gary Butderhawky, who.
Speaker 4: Greatest mullet in the history of football.
Speaker 5: Terrific footballer by all accounts of terrific Fellow didn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed hard nut, though, hard nut? Who would have thought that? He was? Just a genius a brand what a lord Whiskers Whiskers hocking just the one match, right.
Speaker 4: Something like that? Yeah, yeah, I had to call him Whiskers for no commentating the game brilliant.
Speaker 5: He had like a twenty twenty five mindset in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 4: Five because he played for the Geelong Cats, which is what cats. Yeah, Whiskers everyone, everyone is going to make it into the episode. Everyone laughed, but he laughed. I've still got the label my name cabinet. She's like, I was still in the camp of butdhhocking on the fucking label of Whiskers cat food for that week you give buy whisk his kafee with Butha's face on it.
Speaker 5: How did we get to talking about this?
Speaker 4: Oh, supermarket asking if I was nice?
Speaker 5: And then we were nice to people outside occasionally those people have the dog.
Speaker 4: Can't some pound open the door?
Speaker 5: They got out of the door.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just relaxing.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 4: Homer gets home and he says he's hosting a decorate your own cell phone party in the backyard. Brittany and Caitlyn arrive, so he tries to spray himself with spray tan, but he sprays himself with ant poison, and again with nowhere and scenes with random guys that go nowhere. But we're at the party and they've got all the Ryanstones, tassels and stickers, everything to make a one hundred dollar phone look like a five dollars to one hundred doll the phone.
Speaker 5: You say, wow, those weather days, lady.
Speaker 2: We've got it all Rhyin stones, stickers, cassels, everything to make those one hundred dollars phones look like five dollar toys.
Speaker 1: Lissa, this party is twisted. You are fierce.
Speaker 2: I never called fierce before.
Speaker 1: Strident hectoring has been tossed around.
Speaker 4: Let me take a picture of you from my cell phone.
Speaker 5: I'll put you on my desktop. I'm going to make you my friend on Facebook. Please confirm can.
Speaker 2: Fam I am such a great parents to both my kids? Hello, little girl?
Speaker 5: Who do you belong to?
Speaker 4: This is probably my least favorite moment in the entire episode because everything that I just hate about the modern Homer, this gag wasn't needed. You can have this same kind of moment with Maggie being jealous. Just see sineye from Maggie and have him say something like sorry, keep my services of eaten up or just something, just something, something him not knowing who Maggie is. I'm like, you've done. You're trying to make a scene. The story is that Homer gives a shit about his kids. Why would you then throw this in there? It unravels everything you're trying to do.
Speaker 5: Just a visual gag of him sort of walking back, sort of walking backwards, uh, surveying you know, his good work because of that, and he nearly steps on Maggie. Maggie sort of scrambles out of the way. It's like, oh my, it was a good father to all my children.
Speaker 4: Two episodes ago ended with Maggie and Homer having a sweet moment.
Speaker 5: At the end two episodes ago.
Speaker 4: I know it's all about living in a vacuum, but why this this gag here of hom not remembering his kids and names knowing they exist, is just so levels, so many levels are stupid. It is that you just you do not need it.
Speaker 5: As we recently explained Daniel, there's no such thing as cannon. Yeah, but I know.
Speaker 4: We also discussed I don't think this is necessarily canon. This is just it's just.
Speaker 5: In that episode, was like, yeah, you don't necessarily need to have canon, but you do need internal logic. Yeah, and this is a betrayal of it and a contravening of that internal logic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just I don't know, just annoyed. I was like, why stupid? Didn't need it? Again, a funny scene ending with a stupid moment, all of those in this episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and if you don't stick the landiere, it ruins the gig that went beforehand. It does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hoving the offers to build the thing for bars stand back a little further, little further, don't you do it? It doesn't even want him to watch because he thinks it's a little bit creepy. So having then as asleep as he's doing it, and he dreams about talking to the ghost of Jeffrey Chaucer because he's buried in Westminster Abbey and of Cleaves. She says Butt needs to do it by himself, and then Oscar Wilde arrives with various Bodo liners. There are two tragedies in life, not getting what one once, and the other is getting it. Experience is simply the name doesn't make any sense. Experiences simply the name we give to our mistakes. That makes sense. And these days man knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. And just like what happened to the boo, happened a boo? Just scare me? Just And Homer wakes up and he's been smashing the model in his sleep basically because he's trying to get the ghosts to go away. They arrive at school and Homer says, when we could smash the real one? And so it looks just like this, But there's no flights to England until five, So it's time for the contest next Top Model building contest. Milhouse has built as you said this season.
Speaker 5: Also that just Little Kenny, that's your show. What's it? One time? Because it's funny, because it's true, because you know, I'm sure parents have said that, like that's that show that you like, oh min, Yeah, but it wasn't really a need for random?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and why.
Speaker 5: Can and not funny enough to be there to be so random?
Speaker 4: You could have been better. This is where the bullies could have actually worked. You could have had Jim and go, hey, Kennie, it's your show because don't changey shit. That would be funny as opposed to a random mum and random character.
Speaker 5: We don't know. Why do we care about Kenny in his viewing house anyway? So Millhouse has built the CCTV building in Beijing. Martin Brazilian, as you said, you've listened them all charmers, and walks past them all, says they're all great than he sees Barts And clearly they've all been the case of meddling parents the previous one. So he wanted to Bart because at least you followed the rules. And Homer says, this helicopter is taking off a bar says, Snow stopped the hovering because Homer, you made this. My dad made this, and he pleased to parents to let them do it theirselves. You know, you stop doing this as what skua one said I saw him too, and he uses the quote about the which one does he used the experience of the experience. Yes, that's right home, and then apologizes and he says the anything I'll do for you now is co signed for a gun. And then he sees gets a text from Lisa I liked this be here. I hate this.
Speaker 4: Because she doesn't know people are still working at.
Speaker 5: Lingo the abbreviations and whatnot. People are still.
Speaker 4: Using Lemeo and Lowell all the time. I feel like people not use Lowell all that often anymore, not lamau. But I think lol is still maybe. I think LOL has been grandfathered in kind of yeah, but I think people are more inclined to use emoticons now probably Yeah.
Speaker 5: Actually that's a really good point. I honestly don't remember the last time I tyed LOL.
Speaker 4: Because a smiley's face or whatever emodicon used really sort of tries to show off this is exactly what I'm trying to say with that word low that's correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm laughing, and it's usually the yeah, the face that's going yeah, but also tilted a little bit yeah.
Speaker 4: Because loll can be I'm laughing with you. Or at you, and sometimes it will be misconstrued, and that's what a lot of arguments start. Or as I said with my mum, she'd write a loll with everything because she thought it was lots of love.
Speaker 5: That's right, who did the loll? Lots of lovely? Oh is your mom?
Speaker 4: I'll see you, I'll see your Elie's party. Loll. We're still going for dinner tonight? Long, I think, so you do? Do you want dinner? What are you saying about happy birthday?
Speaker 5: Do you think I meant that one?
Speaker 4: She then looks miserable, or he looks outside and she looks miserable out the window, and she says, there's too hard staying this shallows hard work. Yeah, hard work. Yeah. Homer then says the best thing he can do as a parent now is simply check out. No no, no, no, there's a middle ground. No no, everything is either on off.
Speaker 5: Well, as you said before, a balance, Well, it's all about balance.
Speaker 4: That's what it was because of this line that I sort of had the whole balance. Balance should have been the theme of this episode. Balance him learning to eat bright Food's balanced. It could have worked. Maybe we can just ride an episode. We should spec we should do a spec. We should definitely do some specs, right, Yeah, absolutely, let's do some Yeah. But he gets home. He's sad and disappointed because he tried to fix his kids' lives, but it just led them to rich and rewarding decisions of their own. And Margo's a place he can really relax. The dog matches and the cellar, No, she gave that away and got stuff with cash and it costs with them in the sauna and she pours some beer on the Stones's head, so it's beer in the air. Feeling better, super Dad and she and then he says, if I feel like I've died and gone to hell, And we get the smoke and we see the silhouettes of her and him with the towels off, and I was like, oh, damn, march I was about.
Speaker 5: To say it was like, that's a pretty sexy moment to end on. Yeah, Marge with the hair down. I was always like, damn.
Speaker 4: And we get Westminster Abbey there with the exterior hysterious shop and Oscar Wilse ghost comes out and I think it's a Nutcrackers playing over the top something like that like that, and then we get.
Speaker 5: An a cappella version of the Simpsons theme. Yeah, sung boy, who was I think the group was called Canvas or Canvas, but also the arrangement was gone by a guy named Open. Pronounce to this greatly Cason's Swindle, which may be the greatest name in history, name Cason Swindle. If I was writing a screenplay like an Aussie Ocean's eleven or something, it's like an our head guy's case and Swindle'll be like, I'm sorry, go away, that's too obvious. But it's a great name. Haysten Swindle. That's a good name for you.
Speaker 4: Couldn't do it for like a someone who's trying to like cheat people good year, like an artist. This swindles in the name.
Speaker 5: Imagine if you that is your actual name and you go into real estate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no one's believing you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this place isn't about to fall down. I'm sorry, Caseon Swindle. Can I believe you? Is the manager of JB buying new TV? I was going to ask the manager, mister Swindle, but that was But it was a nice little version of the I initially thought because it's it's rather the sort of blurry video footage of them, and I was looking at going. I thought one of them might be Yardley Smith. Okay, yeah I didn't. Sorry, I didn't do my research. Who's in Canada. I don't think it was.
Speaker 4: I think this is This seems to me like one of those things where maybe someone's sent it in or whatever.
Speaker 5: I like that, let's just use this. This is true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I use over the closing credits and that is there of your father knows worst good story in there somewhere, good moments throughout, but a lot of random moments are sort of just attract from the good moments as well.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm going to say fifteen percent diamonds eighty five percent rough. The rough was not necessarily all that rough.
Speaker 4: I fine, it was more better than that. But yeah, this I enjoyed this, Okay, but that's not a complete Doing the critique made me really put a spotlight on the moments that bothered me more. They didn't bother me in the moment, but critiquing it, I was like, yeah, that really doesn't make any sense. I guess what that's what it critics for exactly, Ryan, Yes, So we focused me highlight the things that are working, and we hilight things that aren't working. It just seemed like there are a lot more things that didn't work that I didn't realize when I was watching it doing this, But yeah, not terrible. So just it's there.
Speaker 5: It's there, Yeah, and occasionally you're glad that it's there.
Speaker 4: Gave us an idea for a specscript, Sure did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll get cracking on that after Well, we got to record another episode one of our mini shows on four Finger Discount Network.
Speaker 4: Four figure Discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows each and every week. Our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Sidevard, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four finger Discount.
Speaker 5: What do we learn Bomb?
Speaker 4: What did you learn from the episode, Mister Davis That I thought I was.
Speaker 5: A Yankee kind of guy. It turns out I'm a Peelee kind of guy.
Speaker 4: Appeally, Yeah, really, I'm more of a Yankee if I've got a band aid, I yike, really, really? By do you pause and wait and then do a little bit more than I'm a hairy guy, you have very hair. I'm a wookie. Louise knows that too, she should do and how? And I guess I just I revel in the pain. And it's also a cheap wax in this. So do just get bandaids whacking on your arms and go shook?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 4: Do we'll about your chest? Would you ever get the forty year old version style chest wax like that?
Speaker 5: Years ago when I married, before the wedding, I thought I'll spruce myself up for my bride to bee and I got waxed. I got my back wax. I didn't get my chest waxed. And men, we're strong, we're powerful.
Speaker 4: We're soft, we're WIMPs. Yeah, you know all this, but but also look that's not the first of wall that. Yeah, I know, the man flu is nonsense. We just we've just got the flu. All right, Oh we've got a cold, but don't feel that great. It's something said what we have. It's how we react to the flu.
Speaker 5: Well, I like to think I'm quite practical about it when that happens, Like, oh, I feel like a cold coming on. I'm not going to be like, oh no, please bring meat chicken shoop. I'm like, honey, I think I've got a cold coming on. I'm going to take the day and just try and knock it on the head because, as we all know, the best cure rest. Yeah. Yeah, I've never been one to like em. I'm good I've got a cold anything like that. Having said that, yeah, that forty year old virgin thing where.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh I got to hit my hair ripped out of my body way way wait wait, wow.
Speaker 5: I got it done. I was bracing myself for absolute pain. I was like, well, that's unpleasant, but yeah, I've had worse.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like when I got a tattoo. Everyone goes, it's going to hurt so much.
Speaker 5: I got it.
Speaker 4: I went, I know, various pace plays on your body hurt more? Yes, oh god it. I was like, this is not that bad. It just feels a bit stingy.
Speaker 5: What Yeah, It's like that's all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The greater pain such as this is like, oh, I've got to keep my arm in this place for this amount of time. It's like can I can? I He's like not the middle of it, so uh yeah, So I had the wax like that's actually not that bad. The lovely Oheze recently was like chest hair is getting on a little unruling, So yes, I fix it. I did a little bit of man escaping, and now that's much better off of these weird I'm a hairy chest, right, you've got these weird.
Speaker 4: I've got a gummy bear. I have hair on my back right, but it's not I wouldn't look at this and go, this is a hairy back.
Speaker 5: It's just patches of hair. I've got that as well. I'm pretty hairy on the back, but there are certain patches that are like now, I don't know if that's oh your shirts three dart has wrapped up against it, and now you maybe you've warned away. I don't know.
Speaker 4: You get hair on the top of your arm sort of here's the thing.
Speaker 5: I shave it.
Speaker 4: I get away from me.
Speaker 5: I don't recall it sort of growing. I just I just woke up one day and it was there. I remember when the first name I was mortified having a hair and shoulds I won't be able to wear it. Yes, we just call the wife. And then it's like, oh yeah, if I go to the beach and take my shirt, look at that, look at the freak over once.
Speaker 4: This is years ago. I you know, it's be like really in shape, playing footy out, took my shirt and then someone's like, oh, you're so white, it's blinding me. And I was like, I was just for the rest of the day, I'm gonna put my shirt on now.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: It ruined me, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 5: And I had that combinations because I was I'm pale as milk and hairy as hell. It's like, who's ever going to want to touch any of this? Who can even look at it? Look away?
Speaker 4: I remember when I first met Nikola, I wasn't having hair on my chest. She brought that. She gave me a hairy chest.
Speaker 5: She made a man.
Speaker 4: But I said to her, do me to shave it off? She goes, no, no, I prefer you have an a hairy chest. Okay, cool, This is turning in.
Speaker 5: A real true confession time. This is what you're learning in this episode?
Speaker 4: What have we learn about each other?
Speaker 5: Have even got the dad? What Dad? I've learned yet? But yeah, in the in the times when I've been single and you start to see someone, or even you get lucky at the club and you take someone. I was like, when I remove my clothing or at the very least my shirt, are they just going to be repulsed? I got a lot of hair there, don't switch the lights off? Had that dog get into the bed?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I learned that Marge is a very generous lover. Apparently correct, Yeah, Marge is the whole package, right.
Speaker 5: Well, it is is marg or is Homer now?
Speaker 4: Because she says, basically, they're implying that Home usually does He implied that Homer is usually doing the deed, which is why their sex life is going to be cramped for a while. She said, no, if you just want some hitters to write it down, because does Homer actually do that? Or is she just you know, she's just thinking I'm always the one giving. I'm the generous lover.
Speaker 5: Okay, because it sounds like Homer's being a generous guy as well. Although we're sending in the barbary.
Speaker 4: Love, he's just yet that's the one good trait of going downtown, one of the best traits of this relationship and the Simpsons in general is just how good their sex life is and all the faults of the characters. Certainly no middle class family. They haven't got a great deal, but they love each other and they get it on. Get it on, yeah, exactly, Rod Forward, your names will.
Speaker 5: Be all right.
Speaker 4: It is now time for the Guy Davis New Name Championship for season twenty. The current lead the board stands at this In first position we have Jared Hornby Jared on twenty points.
Speaker 5: What is his name?
Speaker 4: You need me Yared, thank you. In second position we have Phil Hawkins on that Jay yeah, on nineteen points. And in third position we have Brian Hughes m Hughes.
Speaker 5: It's important to point out that his name is actually Brian Hughes, not mchughs. But yeh, he's Mick Hughes. Oh yeah. The project has come to a close on Channel ten here in Australia. News delivered differently for WOW a decade and a half. Apparently my good friend Lee worked for the work for the project. But Lee also has just written a movie that is in cinemas now. Starry Pierce Brosn and Samuel Jackson couldn't believe that really it's called the Unholy Trinity check it out. Yeah, apparently a lot of what Lee rose is not in the movie, so it's kind of disowned it. But at the same time, is.
Speaker 4: He called a writer or is he just a collaborator? What's their credit for that it's a co writer? Well no, it says written by Lee Zachary. It's okay, so he's got the name, he's got the credit, but it's not actually his story for the most of it.
Speaker 5: I get the feeling there was probably a bit of improvisation on the set, maybe a bit of rewriting and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: He wrote something and they went, you're given us something and we'll work with it kind of thing. That's how writing credits. Wait, you look at the Simpsons. They often say I write the episode, I'm the writer. Oh yeah, what I've written is never anything like what comes out in TV.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, certainly with the right with a writer room, absolutely yeah. They will break down story ideas together and it's like, okay, we're going to delegate it to robs it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, zeb Yeah. Because I think it was Carolyn and Meine I was speaking to in general, there was an episode she wrote and she was saying that she hates the ending of the episode, and I said, why did you write it that way? She was like, I didn't write it that way. She goes, That's why it annoys me because I had a different ending. But they it.
Speaker 5: Comes back in and everybody as their two cents and yeah, there's a general consensus like all right, this works, and yeah, you were the one who was delegated to write it, so it's got your name on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so forever, everyone's going, oh, she wrote the episode that has that crappy ending, She goes, I didn't write the crappy ending though. That was the writer's room.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I don't want to misrepresent Lee when I was like, oh no, I'm disowning this movie or anything like that. But I I feel like I'm telling tails that it actually.
Speaker 4: Keep going, which like a shovels their But yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: But the reason I measured the project because they had the finale episode. Hughesy was one of the original hosts on that, and he came back and I wonder, I start watching after the first episode, Yeah, pretty much, And he came back and was like, oh, yeah, that's t I did this, didn't I.
Speaker 4: I I saw him recently. I looked at it and I went, you look sick.
Speaker 5: He didn't look well. He looks unwell.
Speaker 4: It looks tired. He need a haircut. It's just I know what's.
Speaker 5: Going Someone was making Yeah, possibly slanderous or libelous suggestions like he looks meft out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just I don't know.
Speaker 5: He just looks he looks exhausted. Yes, yeah, well making people laugh is yeah. It's a full time business. Why is it? Yes? Indeed, and also whatever it is that he us he does is from full time business as well. But new names, that's right, new names.
Speaker 4: One point goes to do the parenting, dover parenting not bad. That is Dave McNally. That gets him up to four points. Now, well Day, that's Dave. Pretzels me pretzels me Nolly pencils pretzels. Two points goes to push pop, push pop. All that would be oh, Philip j. He's climbed up. Has he got Jay Hawkins twenty one points? So he's got the j back, He's got the javack twenty one points, Jay Day on Philip J. Jared Horn name me Jared is on twenty and second human Let's.
Speaker 5: See what happens three, We let's see what happens. West have got three points to give out, and three points goes to model Father Little Father.
Speaker 4: His name is Jared.
Speaker 5: Sorry Phil, say the line guy. It's important to point out the guy. Dada's New Name Challenge is a blind competition. I do not know who has given us these names, so I'm not trying to gin up drama here, but well, look well done Phil, drop that Jay, and well done Jared, and hey, well done princels McNally.
Speaker 4: Indeed, so that means Jared Hornby is now he has climbed to twenty three points, which puts him now two points ahead of Phil Hawkins, who was in the second positions on twenty one and was Brian who's mc hughes in third. So it's coming. I think we've got like two episodes less. Maybe this is this is episode seventeen. Episode eighteen is episode eighteen? Maybe this was episode eighteen? Yes, I think there's only twenty episodes this season, twenty one on too sure anyway, there's only a couple of left, so but it could be anyone of using mc hugh. You're gonna have to get some three point as a catch up. You're get a little bit far behind now Phil Hawkins on twenty one and Jared Hornby on twenty three.
Speaker 5: This is very exciting.
Speaker 4: It is very exciting. Indeed, who's gonna win? I'm gonna throw my chips in and say, Philip Jay Hawkins is going to come through.
Speaker 5: M all right, just to make things interesting and pit us against one another. I think his name is Jared and he's the win.
Speaker 4: A Kyle somehow wins from ten points well in, okay, in that case, we're both looking. We are, indeed, yes, but Jared Horne is currently Winny on on sir, well done, Yes, your name is Jared. Now the next episode of four finger Discount, we shall be doing our Guy on Springfield review of The Boy Who Knew Too Much. The patrons have voted for it one second, so yeah, The Boy who Knew Too Much? The Freddie Quimby episode and episode free Willy, Oh what a mess that is next week here on four figure Discount. Thank you for voting for that, and say it.
Speaker 5: Can't wait? What do you reckon?
Speaker 4: The theme for j August should be that's going to be July's that's.
Speaker 5: What happens in August? What happens in August. It's the end of a end of winter for us, end of summer for them.
Speaker 4: I'm too sure. We'll think of something. We'll just pick a random theme. Maybe the Patrins let us know, so just the thing will decide, We will decide what will the theme be? Think I just want to addsource. Let's go something more related. It can be a funny MO moment is in the episode, it can be a episode. Let's go of a a moment that's not bad, A moment. Yeah, yeah, I was gonna go with more money, more problems. Yeah, but I like yours better. Mine sucked?
Speaker 5: No it didn't.
Speaker 4: Let's go with the theme is MO.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, a most centric episode, A momentous as long.
Speaker 4: As it's going a good moment and it'll be included in Yeah, we'll pick one. All right, So thank you guys for all of your support. He had four finger discount.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I'm hanging on a moment.
Speaker 4: This hanging that version? Do you mean hanging by a moment? Hanging by a moment? Here with you? Is that the song you're saying? Yeah, yeah, that's what did I say? Hanging? I think it's a hanging a moment I was hanging by a moment. It's hanging by a moment, here with you, hanging by a moment, here with you?
Speaker 5: Who're saying it? Oh?
Speaker 4: I should know this. It's one word something house. I believe life house, life house. Yeah, let's have a look hanging by a moment? Yeah, lifehouse a play for changing stuffing for closer where I started? Jason Banger funny love with you, hanging by a moment.
Speaker 5: What is the word.
Speaker 4: Let's look falling even more in love with you, letting, letting go of?
Speaker 5: What of hell? Onto standing in?
Speaker 4: Do you make me move? Hanging by a moment?
Speaker 5: Here with you? It's the same. We don't have the cameras going because Dan I did that thing where he puts his hand up to the they have to It looked like the way the world recording and you give me the sid MJ was Have you seen when m J gives the side eye? That's the greatest.
Speaker 4: He's like, what are you.
Speaker 5: Doing to this song?
Speaker 4: That was?
Speaker 5: That was a really.
Speaker 4: Bitchy mood, wasn't it? But yeah, yeah, and Louis he was he and Lewis he was like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just like, what the hell is this? Because he was putting a bit of hot souce on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh man. Anyway, all right, so that is our review. As we said of Father Knows Worst. Next week is going to be The Boy Who Knew Too Much. Thank you to everybody for all of your support. It does mean the world so worst. Don't forget to continue to write in for us, into us with your mail bag questions. Input us put it right into this mailbag at four figure discant dot com dot au to be have your question right out on the end of the month's mailbag at the end of July. But for now, Asa Davis and you find a word for those incredible listeners out there.
Speaker 5: Listeners, it's hard work being in the shallow