Speaker 1: Let me get to Pete King.
Speaker 2: Pete Friday was everything. It was advertised that was going to be President Trump, and you had Todd Blinch, and you had Cash Patel, Caroline Levett, all these Long Island people.
Speaker 1: You were there. Of course, the great Joe Cairo. What an unbelievable day.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, everything went well and great. Couldn't have asked for more. And I spoke to the President for you know, just a few minutes before the events started. He was in great spirits. He is one thousand percent behind Bruce Blakeman. And also, you know, one of the reasons that all fell into place though, is that it's tough to put together one of those programs and pat ryder Fitt, McCormick, NYPG. The work that they did, the security work they were doing right up to including and afterwards, was phenomenal. I mean, if it was for awless, everything went well. Bruce made sure the counties that it had to do because he was the county executive besides the candidate, so he was responsible for making sure that that facility worked fine. The cops, the police did a great job, and again it was just a tremendous show. Joe Cairo had the Republican organization now, but it really as as strong as Republican organization is. The fact is there were tons of people there who had no connection to the Republican organization now, rank and file people you see them before during afterwards, they were just happy to be there. And the President was in absolutely great spirits. And I don't think you wanted to leave the stage. I mean, you know, you and I had good seats. You can see him, Yeah, you want to leave suddenly that he did his dance, that he came back to dance and then waved you did.
Speaker 2: He danced a couple of times on the police behind him. They absolutely loved him.
Speaker 1: And if you were the Long Island candidates, Pete spoke that day to bring this up with Bruce. They were great. Janeens Driskell running for that seat against Laura Gillhum.
Speaker 2: And Michael Petrie money again says he calls them two base. Tom Swasey, I actually thought the Petrie was really good.
Speaker 1: What did you think of those folks? On body?
Speaker 3: Mike? Mike is good. He's run several races before and he said a good up and I think he's going to do well in November. I thought Janine was excellent. I mean she's really in the big leagues now, and sometimes your first time out because then she's run for local office, is the first time she's run for a federal office, national office. And I thought she was great. I mean she really, she had no nervousness. She was aggressive but clancy at the same time. And in fact, you know, his son's the NYPD and her connection to Long Island, a connection to Queens where she grew up in Queens. Now she's right on the the border there and so she's saw firsthand when they had the all the illegal immigrants station right across the Nastrok County border there in Queens. And also you know the harm of that course in nastro County. I mean they had to tie some of the park benches down, everything else. Anyway, it's a whole well anyway, she's a real she's a real candidate. I think she and Mike are going to do very well. And Janine lives in my district. I live in what's going to be our district, and so again I'm campaigning for doing all I can. But the president definitely the star of the show. And Bruce, I mean Bruce is in major leagues. I mean, you see all these national candidates, always national racist. I don't think anyone you can do a better job than Bruce Blakeman. And you say he's got their white hair. You know, it looks like a combination of a movie star and a statesman.
Speaker 1: He does, no, he does, he does. He's a good look in.
Speaker 2: You're right, the movie star the statesman and him and Trump are very, very close for a long time. I think people now saw the bigger route. When I said a while back how close they were, that I wasn't exaggerating. Also, the former congressman who now is the general inspector for Trump in his labor department, and Trump made it, made it a pack to come out and say, my friend to use that word.
Speaker 1: Anthony Desposito. He was great on party too.
Speaker 3: Andy is really good. He's really an effective speaker. It's really unfortunate that he didn't make it the last time, because again he is superbly qualified. He's again an NYPG detective as town councilman, fire chief. He's done the whole thing, and he did a great job in Congress. You know, those things can happen. But Anthony's staying active. He's all over the place. He's doing a great job nationally as he inspector General. He's also very active still locally. Segos all the civic events, and so we'll have Janine will be in Congress, Anthony will be there doing all you know, continues to do. And I'm sure there's a great In fact, I know there's a great future for Anthony and me too. And I just took out of your New York politics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just an amazing county, really is, Peter. I mean again, with you and Joe Cairo at the lead of the whole thing. You two guys won the whole thing, and you put together quite a county. It's just And again I like Suffolk County too. Ed Romayne is terrific and right Tierney's great and their police commissioner is terrific too, Don't get me wrong, Luca Bella. While the guys with the Suffolk County, you know, people.
Speaker 3: About Joe Cairo is that his his his world. He's dealing with the White House all week, getting ready for that. He's there with the President of the United States, He's there with the next governor of New York. He's out of the Hampton's with us, and then he'd leave to go back in for a sanitary district election. It's I mean, so talk about it, going from the White House of the potholes. Yeah, in one day without skipping. And that's why he wins. He never takes anything for granted, he didn't counts to them, and he believes in national policies is important, state politics is important, but it all starts at the local level.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Last time I saw him actually was at Horrible Lights with Bruce.
Speaker 2: And he was he had a run back to Long Island at night for like the guy ready brought golf tournament to something.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You're right, He's right, and you too, by the way, Pete, you were tired and you still made your way from the President's event to the Hampton's. You were out there with the Roberts household, you were there for Steve wood Cough, you were there with Bruce Blateman. So you're right there with Joe kiro Pete. You're doing an amazing job.
Speaker 3: That's important to get this done. I mean, he'd just sit around a bitch and tell man Domi's terrible. Oukle's not getting it. Done. The state's falling apart. Let's get out there and do something. That's why you're doing it. You know a lot of guys, even the radio, just sit back and they comment and then they go home. You're like a lunatic. You're all over the place. You never stopped, you know, And that's really what we have to do. We gotta and still we also gotta tell our people to stop saying that Bruce is not doing this. Bruce is not doing that, He's doing everything.
Speaker 1: Oh hold on, but what what are they?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm glad you brought that up, because even at that house in the Hampton's on Friday, some guy walked up to me. I don't even know what his name is, handsome guy, you know, probably has a lot of money. And he goes, you know, Bruce is doing good, but he could be doing better. I go willly, like, what should he be doing?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: You know his message he's strong, but he's not strong enough. He needs to yell and scream like you do, and he needs to be in more cities. And he went on for about three or four minutes, and then I stopped him and I said, you know, he's gonna win, And I couldn't disagree with you more.
Speaker 1: I think he's doing a great job. But it occurred to me afterwards that yes, even Bruce supporters, not many.
Speaker 2: The very very small minority Pete, but even Bruce supporters tend to be so pessimistic.
Speaker 1: Why is that, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, feely annoys your hell out of me. I mean they come up to me. You should be doing this, he should be more in social media fight. If youre upstate, he's everywhere. Then people say in the city, say, oh, you spend so much time up stated, he's forgotten us. Then the people upstate scheme he's up here, he's always down in the city. He's forgotten about Long Island. I mean, it's crazy. This guy is. He's like a one man band. He's like a lot of people behind him, obviously, but he's got to get all over the state make himself known, and he's got to run the Knessa County at the same time, but still be everywhere. And if you follow him, and the guy's in everywhere upstate, he goes through the five boroughs, he's out in Nessa County, he's in Suffolk County. And again I wish they would just get behind him and appreciate the Maya what he's done. And there is a reason why even under the Siena pol which is a Democrat leaning pole, he went from twenty points down to ten points down in two months. And the fact is the real campaign has even started yet, so obviously the guy is doing something right. And I've said this before. You know, people are going to vote on the Democratic line for Kathy Hockel, But no one who's going to get up on election morning and say I have to go out and vote for Kathy Hockel. I don't know anyone who is a strong supporter of Kathy Hockel. They will vote maybe because he's a Democrat, because he's not a Republican. They don't like trum up there like this, But nobody is behind Kathy hoakless a person. People are more and more getting personally attached galvanized by Bruce Boikman.
Speaker 1: It's true. I'm donning and droid that too. Of a cormo went slee wan erics.
Speaker 2: That's why he won, not because they flew in Muslims or because of foreign money. People were enthusiastic to vote for him and not the other ones. Same thing here they're enthusiastic. And again Bruce made this point. Pete, you were there, you know that the Roberts House on Friday night in the Hamptons.
Speaker 1: More than half of that crowd were Democrats.
Speaker 2: And they were there for a fundraiser for a Republic and they're going to vote for Bruks right.
Speaker 3: And I have the the guy who's name in Jersey.
Speaker 1: Which one the doctor?
Speaker 3: No, Frank Lattenberg's widow is. I know, I know, and he was I knew Lattenberg. He was a big Democrat, my guy. He never stopped yes. And so the fact his widow is supporting Bruce, to me, speaks values about the undercurrent that's out there. So no, let's say that's a great great to be uh Boce Bruce and as example, as important as she is, and that is it's really a metaphor what's happening all over the states. So I say, if you want Bruce elected, shut up about complaining about this and that. Just get out there, don't be an out there and get the job done.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you mentioned that was the name. I said to Bruce. Somebody famous, that's exactly who it is. Great job, Peter King, Lautenberg's wife, God rest Frank's soul.
Speaker 3: I'd be honest. Rosemary just yelled out to me Lautenberg.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh is that right? Rosemary? We love your Rosemary. Great job, Rosemary.
Speaker 2: Thank you, because I couldn't think of it all morning long, So a thank you Rosemary.
Speaker 1: You're great. Peter, I love your bond. I know she's great. You're both great. I love you both. Have a great day.
Speaker 2: An amazing appearance by both Peter and Rosemary King.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Guys. You take care.
Speaker 1: That's a great job by Rosemary. You're right there. That's right, Lautenberg's wife.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to Sit in Friends in the Morning. You can hear Sit and Friends in the Morning weekday mornings.
Speaker 1: It's six.
Speaker 4: If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcasts platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 2: What the heck is going on here.