Speaker 1: The US and Canada reached a last minute deal, delaying terriffs. According to the President, who says deal in a big social media post in big letters with exclamation points and the latest thrills in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: I'm Kate Delaney. That's when we go into the man cave.
Speaker 1: At first the top, we roll into the rundown here on America tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a.
Speaker 2: Big night politically speaking.
Speaker 1: In the Florida governor's race, the November matchup to succeed term limited Republican governor Ron DeSantis is all set. Representative Byron Donalds, who is endorsed by President Trump, will face David Jolly, a former Republican congressman and prominent Trump critic who left the GOP in twenty eighteen. Here's the excitement around Donalds, who's been campaigning in the Sunshine State.
Speaker 4: We've been cris crossing Florida.
Speaker 5: We've been knocking hundreds of thousands of doors, taking our message to all Floridians, and tonight.
Speaker 2: Because of your sweat, because.
Speaker 6: Of your hard work, we have won a massive victory.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Democratic socialist Angie Nixon a major upset over former National Security Council aid alex Vinman. In the Florida Democratic Senate primary. Republican Congressman Corey Mills, who had Trump's backing, lost his primary in Florida amid a Florida of probes and super negative publicity. In the Alaska Senate race, Alaska's primary is going to determine whether Republican Senator Dan Sullivan faces a candidate with the same name on the ballot in November as he navigates a really tough re election race. It includes for Rep. Mary Helltola, a Democrat, the other the other Dan Sullivan's involvement has drawn attention of the Justice Department, with the Grand Jury issuing subpoenas to compel info from witnesses linked to the campaign, So there is.
Speaker 2: That curve ball.
Speaker 1: And in Florida, two other Trump back candidates lost House primaries.
Speaker 2: I mentioned briefly.
Speaker 1: Former TV journalist Ryan Elijah defeated Corey Mills. He's got the whole House Ethics Committee stuff that he's facing in Justice Department investigations, so that didn't help. And in the nineteenth District of Florida, local conservative talk radio station owner Jim Schwartzel won the Republican nomination over Catalina Loff, who had previously run for Congress in ill a noise. So there's a couple of things that happened. Maybe some of you were out there.
Speaker 2: How about this?
Speaker 1: With almost sixty percent of the expected vote counted, Democratic California state Senator Show Wahab has fifty one percent, a fellow Democrat, Melissa Hernandez forty eight percent in the race for former Representative Eric Swaalwell's district. That seat is open after he resigned this year amid sexual assault allegations, which he continues to deny.
Speaker 2: I'll throw another run at you.
Speaker 1: State Senator Eric Barlow has won the Republican primary for Wyoming governor. He emerged from a multi candidate field that included a state superintendent, Megan Denger Felder, who was endorsed by the President. Meanwhile, what is the latest going on in Iran? And the answer to that question is it's the same situation.
Speaker 2: Nothing has changed.
Speaker 1: The needle hasn't moved in any direction that the last couple of days we haven't seen since the memorandum of understanding is now more than a few days byered. Here's what the President said a few days ago and it really just still stands right now.
Speaker 6: After we finish defeating Iran, which is being very badly defeated, pretty soon, I'll be declaring the hormoes straight a territory of the United States.
Speaker 7: Shade say this one.
Speaker 8: We have the blockade.
Speaker 6: No ships get through unless.
Speaker 4: We want them to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's what did happen.
Speaker 1: Iran fired two ballistic missiles toward the Strait on Tuesday, triggering air defenses in the United Arab Emirates. According to that country's Ministry of Defense, they say the missiles were targeting maritime traffic, but they just fell into the sea. Earlier on Tuesday, and irani An attack hit the engine room of a bulk carrier in the straight east of Oman, leaving the chief engineer dead. The UAE says Iran has attacked seven of its ships this month so far. August counts for twenty percent of all attacks on shipping in the war, which is now approaching its six month mark. US sent Command, which overseas American forces in the Middle East, hasn't announced any kind of a retaliatory strike that we know of on the targets in Iran since late July. The us as I mentioned is continue to prevent ships from visiting Irani imports, however, including firing hell fire missiles to stop vessels trying to breach the blockade, because there certainly has been that. The strategy right now is to back off military action in favor of tightening the economic pressure on Tehran. But we'll see, because remember earlier in the summer of the US launched punishing strikes after Iran tacked attacked ships, and then that prompted Iran to lob missiles and drones across the gulf. So pretty much we're seeing the same thing, tightening the economic screws. But I don't know how long that's going to last before there's some other kind of before there's some other kind.
Speaker 2: Of of movement. All right.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, really strange, a couple of really strange things. One was this squid. Twenty tons of squid spilled when a tractor trailer was trying to make a turn and it ultimately spilled over so that on that highway it had to be closed for eight hours. It happened at nine thirty in the morning and was not opened, was not reopened until five fifteen.
Speaker 2: But you, Thak, I got to.
Speaker 1: Think about twenty tons of squid and what that would be like on a portion of a big portion of the highway, and the driver was cited for fail to secure a load by the Rhode Island State Police. Nobody was injured. That's certainly the very very good news there. But it's a really strange, strange, strange, strange range thing. Zz Top's drummer died. He's some of that was very familiar. I think to a lot of people that were fans of zz Top, I would count myself as one of those. Frank Beard was part of that rock trio. He died at his ranch in Richmond, Texas, with his family members at his side. No cause of death was given. Seventy seven years old. Rip to an incredible, incredible drummer for that group. I mean, it's interesting because he's been with them since nineteen sixty nine when that band was called the Moving Sidewalks and then they flipped their name. I mean he had some he's had some signature moves, I would say, you know, with some of the big songs for zz Top, and since I saw them, I have to say they put on a really really, really good show and of course inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Hall of Fame in two thousand and four. Excuse me, He struggled with substance abuse early in the band's history before checking himself into rehab in the nineteen eighties, but again ripped to Frank Beard at the group ZZ top. All right, coming up next, it's all about sports. We'll check in on training camps. Who's in danger now because it just seems like we've had a lot of injuries, that's for sure. And then major League Baseball there's always some incredible highlights and Tuesday was no different. We're going to hit that up coming up on the Flip with me Kate Delaney here on America Tonight.
Speaker 9: Did you know that healthy arteries make a gas?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 9: Actually three known gas is doctor Mitch, and nitric oxide is a gas that's readily made all day long to keep our arteries open by relaxing the blood vessel walls. By doing this, our circulation is increased, bringing blood, oxygen and nutrients to every part of your body. Both age and poor diet can lead to a loss of this precious gas, and in turn, blood pressure can go up, energy can go down, and you can get tingling in your hands and feet well. Our product Ultimate nitric Oxide can easily help fix this lack of nitric oxide. Go to total Wellness dot com. That's total wellness dot com, where we are helping you to look good, feel good, and enjoy total wellness.
Speaker 3: In today's troubled world. Are USA Armed Forces stand ready to protect you, your family, and our American way of life when veterans return to civilian life life. If they deserve your recognition and support, you can help put vets to work by donating your car, truck, or van to Patriotic Hearts. Your donation will directly support programs to help vets find jobs or even start their own business. Donate today for fast free pickup of your vehicle running or not. Operators are standing by to answer questions about making a tax deductible vehicle donation. Find out how you can make a difference in the life of the United States veteran Call eight hundred two zero nine four five eight zero for twenty four hour response. Call eight hundred two zero nine four five eight zero. Eight hundred two zero nine four five eight zero. That's eight hundred two zero nine four five eight zero.
Speaker 11: Finding great candidates to hire can be like well trying to find a needle in a haystack. Sure, you can post your job to some job board, but then all you can do is hope the right person comes along, which is why you should try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter dot com slash free. ZipRecruiter doesn't depend on candidates finding you. It's powerful technology identifies people with the right experience and actively invites them to apply to your job. You get qualified candidates fast, so while other companies might deliver a lot of hey, ZipRecruiter finds you what you're looking for, the needle in the haystack.
Speaker 12: Four out of five employers who post a job in ZipRecruiter get a quality candidate through the site within the first day. ZipRecruiter the smartest way to hire, and right now you can try ZipRecruiter for free. That's right free. Just go to this exclusive web address ZipRecruiter dot com slash free at ZipRecruiter dot com slash free, ZipRecruiter dot com slash free.
Speaker 5: I'm going to the man Cave, going to the mar Cave, going to the mar Cave. I'm going to the man cave.
Speaker 1: In the man cave, boy, there is always a ton to get to. I say that I feel like every single time.
Speaker 2: Because maybe I do.
Speaker 1: So here's one for you. Can you imagine being this guy? I met him once, super nice But ESPN co founder Bill Rasmussen dies at ninety three from the effects of Parkinson's disease. When you think of where it all started, he co founded the TV sports Giant. He hatched the idea for the first all sports cable network with his son. And when you talk about history, wow, I mean just having that vision and coming up with the idea of a network carrying sports around the clock. I mean it relutionized. Let's face it, TV watching habits, right, and it's interesting they were forced out though only a year, after only a year, by ESPN majority owner Getty Oil. I had no idea, that's what it was. And Rasmussen's original idea was a cable channel covering only Connecticut sports, but many cable operators in the state were skeptical, and so someone suggested buying satellite time to reach a national audience, and oh boy, oh boy. The rest was history right after, you know, after that? All right, Meanwhile, when we jump to what's happening in training camps, every time I look, exactly every time I look and I checked, like the reports for injuries, I'm like, oh please, and let's not have another big injury. But it's like the Jets, they they're pretty cautious with injured Breis Hall because look at it's he could be on track for Week one after a growing injury, but he's expected him as two to three weeks after having that injury, which they want to get him there for the regular season opener. And he said, you know, it's interesting, but this happened to Monday's practice and he said he didn't think it was a big deal, and then here you go. You know, you check it out and whoops, it is a big deal because he's going to lead the team, probably in rushing, and he's when since he joined the league as a second rounder in twenty twenty two, he's been one of the most consistent parts of the offense for the Jets over the last four seasons.
Speaker 2: So I'm a Jets fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be careful with him, right, I mean, he's been so good he got a three year, forty three point five million dollar contract extension, so there's no reason for Yeah, there's no reason for that. And in the meantime, this is another interesting sideline to throw out that we've talked about a lot here on this show. I've talked about it on other sports shows. Roger Goodell is saying the NFL is going to add an international team at some point.
Speaker 2: He keeps getting asked that, and he's saying, it's.
Speaker 1: Just a matter of when, not if the league will expand abroad. But it may be not anytime soon. It might be a decade. You know, there's more games as you can see creeping up with other with other countries, you know, taking the game to other countries, with Germany, England, et cetera, all over the place, and every year there just becomes more of those games. So that's not a surprise that the desire is to have a team somewhere. I mean, if the NFL does add a team outside the United States, London seems like the most obvious place that it would go. If they were to put up an entire division in Europe, London could end up with maybe I don't know, multiple teams.
Speaker 11: Teams.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's pretty interesting to think. What would that, how would that play out? What would that look like? All right, let's head to baseball and boy, we have some really crazy scores. I'm gonna start with the craziest of all. When I first saw this, I thought I caught a few little highlights, but I thought, I wonder if this is wrong. I wonder if they just got the score wrong. No, Brewers destroyed the marriage. When I say destroyed, and this happened in Milwaukee, I would be loving this.
Speaker 2: If I was a fan, I wouldn't have left. I wouldn't have left the stadium.
Speaker 1: Twenty two nothing, Yeah, twenty two two zip. So they match baseball's modern era record for the biggest shutout. And I mean the Mariners could get nothing done. They just couldn't get anything done. And part of it is they had three run homers from Christian Yelich, from David Hamilton, from Luis Lara, had a two run shot by Jake Bowers. So the Brewers now they're seventy eight and forty eight. They matched a franchise record for runs in a game since nineteen oh won. The only previous twenty two ZIP victories were by Pittsburgh over the Cubs. That was in seventy five in Cleveland at the Yankees, and that happened in two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean, just when you come out of that game, it's such a laugher. You just got to be feeling completely psyched in a much different way, right.
Speaker 2: How about the Cubs in the White Sox.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is an intercity rivalryad that really is pretty intense. So Pete crow Armstrong makes MLB history the leadoff home run and Alex Bregman's RBI single gave the cubs a second straight walkoff win over the White Sox.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite thing, walk off wins. So this was great for the fans that were there.
Speaker 1: For Crow arms Strong leading off of that homer, that's his thirty first for the second straight game in six time this season. How about that. He's a fun player too. He's a fun player to watch, no doubt about that. And for the Cubs they pick up their seventy fourth win too, So that's pretty significant. Hey, Twins fans, wake up, where are you for to one beaten the Brewers?
Speaker 2: I like it?
Speaker 1: Point at it, Josh Bell, he had a two run jack Ryan Jeffers drove in Minnesota's other two runs, and it's a big night for the Twins. For Bell, it's his seventeenth homer of the year went flying over the right center wall in the first inning. Yeah, Pad, that sucker right from the start. Get some runs right in the beginning of this thing. So pretty significant, Pretty significant there, all right. More scores to report from Major League Baseball. Guardians beat the Giants eight one. The Phillies pick up number sixty nine. Zach Wheeler, how about you won the Mountain five innings pitched, giving up just two hits and seven strikeouts four walks in that one. For the Phillies, they like it, they need that. The Yankees beat the Orioles out of camping Yards three one. Pirates pick up number sixty two by beating the Tigers. There's pretty decent rivalry or history there, certainly with that team that goes back a little ways. But Braxton Ashcroft allowed five hits over eight innings and O'Nell Cruz homered in his return from the injured list. So for the Pirates, that was a nice, nice win for them to pick that up. And you know, Detroit's in a tight race with a handful of clubs for the final Al wild card spot. They've lost four out of five. So the series wraps up on Wednesday, and both teams pushing to get those pulling out those scraps, getting any win that they could possibly pull off. Blue Jays knocking off the Rays, that's pretty big. This was out at the Troup ten five the final there. So the Rays have been on a They get on these like little tour in tears and then they fall down the mountain again. So kaz Yakamoto broke Toronto's rookie home run record for this twenty fifth. Josh Smith and Alejandro Kirk also homered. So for the Jays, beating the AL leading Tampa Rays is a very big one. The Blue Jays have won thirteen of their last nineteen games. Pretty pretty significant. I would say there, Padres knocked off the five two. Where are my diamondback fans?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Red Sox out at Fenway nine to four the final nine to four Royals beat the A's four to three, and then we also will sneak in. I think there's one more score I wanted to sneak in. Oh yeah, the couple of them. The Rangers blanked the Nationals out at Global Life Field five zip. And if we look at that game, I still love covering the Rangers. Cal Quintrell gave up. Quintrell gave up four hits in seven innings, and Justin Foscue hit a home run. Rangers knocked off, knocked off the Nationals. So it's a four hundred foot home run over left field wall in the second inning. So again picking up those early runs and what that does for your picture, just again, just that little just that little extra something something right, that little extra boost there, all.
Speaker 2: Right, coming up.
Speaker 1: It's not about home runs and records now, it's about something completely different. It's about influence. Big Mama. Part of the discussion that we're going to have an author's Corner and a really intriguing book that's written like a novel that addresses all kinds of things, including grief. That's coming up round the bend with me Kate Delaney.
Speaker 2: On the Show of Coner.
Speaker 8: She asked of.
Speaker 1: Doctor paulot Ola, Sogi joins us, and she's got amazing book, Death in the Values The Big Family Lie, a thuriller about the life and death of Big Mama. We had an incredible off air conversation and so I'm really pleased to introduce her here on Author's Corner with me Kat's Laney on America Tonight. Thank you so much for joining us on the shelf.
Speaker 10: I'm so glad to be here.
Speaker 1: So the question that people always want to know and are always curious about is what made you write this book in the first place and how tough was it to write?
Speaker 10: Well, when I first started writing it, it was at the end of a book. I was writing for a conference. And sometimes when I do conferences, people will ask me to write a book because they'll have like a book circle, a book club. And I wrote a book that will call Lost in the Loss, and it was dealing with grief. And that book almost like devastated me. So I realized that I had some unresolved issues around grief that.
Speaker 9: I had not dealt with.
Speaker 10: And so by the time I finished that book, I realized it had something to do with my grandmother's death. And so I started on this book as a healing journey for myself, but I felt like it could help on the people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Big Mama really was the head of the family, right, And when you take the head of the family away and you deal with the funeral and you deal with the conversations, but then suddenly you go back to everyday life, it really becomes tough, right.
Speaker 10: It really does. And a lot of times people look to who they consider the strongest person in the family. And so you start going to the funeral homes and you start picking up death certificates and dealing with a lot of stuff, but you never deal with the issue of how Big Mama affected you when she was alive, and now that she's gone, you've lost a very important chapter in your life. Now, when you think it's all over, grief hits you when everybody else is going.
Speaker 9: On with their life.
Speaker 1: And what was Big Mama like.
Speaker 10: Big Mama was not only the head of our family, but Big Mama was the head of almost every family in the community. People came to her when they had medical issues, financial issues, kids issues, everything, and Big Mama was there. So you could not walk in with a need and walk out with some kind of answer. You couldn't be hungry, and she wouldn't send food home for you to cook as well as off of you a meal. So she was the one. She was very spiritual, very very spiritual, So that's where the spiritual side came in, and it was almost like she kept me close to her dress tail and when other people in the other kids in the family would go please, So she would say, no, you can't go because you're different. She never would tell me why I was different, but she would always teach me things. So I learned a lot of stuff from her, and she was a great teacher. But she was a very spiritual person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and your book is so interesting. You talk about the Big Family lie, and we don't want to tell everyone everything because this book will really grab you and you want to read this. You can get it for a song in Amazon or or Barnes and Noble. But what tell us a little bit about the Big Family lie?
Speaker 10: Well in the story, And like I said, I don't want to tell everything any that'd be interested in it.
Speaker 8: But it was like when.
Speaker 10: Big Mama dies, because of her status in the community, nobody wanted the truth to be told about how she died. So then they created, fabricated this lie and weaved it through the family and weaved it through the community. And so the young lady in the story had to keep rehearsing it because she knew that was not the way it really happened. But to keep the status, to keep people looking at the family as who they were, they would not tell how Big Mama really died and Big Mama really didn't do anything wrong. They were really covering for somebody else, their family image. And I wanted it to be like a self help book as well as a thriller. And because I've been writing for so long, I've been writing since I was a kid, I wanted to weave in certain areas of help. And I've always gone into help ministries and help life stories and stuff like that. So I write books that's going to help people to read but come out of been learning something that's going to be able to be applied to their life. So I dealt with grief.
Speaker 13: I dealt with the stages of grief.
Speaker 10: And how one can come out. I dealt with unforgiveness. I dealt with all of that in the book, because even though it's a thriller, it's going to help you come out and deal with some of the issues in your personal life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and E've been writing since you were a kid. When you and I talked, what did you tell me? It was something crazy like forty five books.
Speaker 13: Forty five books.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And I finally finished my children's books since I've been here, you know, mos sabbatical. So I finished my children's book the Shoe that Would Not Go. I was like a little kid in here laughing as I wrote the pages of that book as well. So I had fun with that one.
Speaker 1: We can't wait to hear more about that. Let's talk still more about death and the body. So with this book, what do you hope people take away? You know, I read the book. Other people listening to us, they read the book, they're curious, they get it yay. And when they read it, what do you hope The big takeaway is?
Speaker 10: I hope that people will walk away knowing that something may happen in your life that may cause a pause, but it doesn't need to make you stop and not be able to move, even if it's a death or the loss of a family member, whether they walk away from a friendship, a loss of a pet. If someone walks away, life does not stop. Their life ends in a way, but the memories cause them to live on forever. And because of what you can grab from the past or what you learn from them, they stay alive within your life. They stay alive within the things that you do. And in spite of the fact that Big Mama is gone, every time I write something, she shows up somewhere and something that I write, something that I teach. And so in this book, I'm hoping that when they get through reading it, they'll go through the grieving process, which is normal. Some processes last longer than others. And we're going to give you a chance to go through however long it takes. But you don't have to die yourself in the process. You can come out better because you'll go back remembering the bad things, but you're going to remember little words that people said to you, Little things that Grandma said, you know, to her grandchildren that they can even say not And a lot of times you'll be sitting down and saying, oh, I remember Mama said. One of the things she said, don't cry over things that can heal. Well, we may cry, but we don't have to linger in the grief because we know that maybe next year this time you're gonna think about that same thing and laugh about it.
Speaker 13: So she will tell you just little little.
Speaker 10: Things that we can pull from it. And I hope that the people will be able to pull those things. And the main thing I remember Grandma is saying was truth may cost you, but lies will bankrupt your soul. And every time you think about that, it's like people have to keep covering a lie and covering a lie and remembering the last lie they told. But when you tell the truth, it's almost like a freedom. And I know you can't tell everything, but you don't have to keep building lie upon lie upon life because that will bankrupt your soul.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean she's alive in that. Just the hashtag lies will bankrupt your soul. I hope everyone hears that. And it's tough, right because we classify our lies like a little white lie.
Speaker 2: Oh, my dad, And.
Speaker 1: Then you're right, because then you forget and then something that maybe was nothing becomes bigger. So big Mama nailed it.
Speaker 8: Right, right right.
Speaker 10: I remember she used to say, uh, don't let one bad chep to write your home or your entire book. So you may have had a bad day, but that doesn't mean you're going to have a bad week. You may have had a bad week, but it doesn't mean you're going to have a bad month. This might not have been a pretty good year, but the next five years might be great. So I learned learn from the older things, and I learned from the things that were not really so good. But then when you begin to build on it, and you can begin to see I learned something from that, though I'm going to forgive you, but I learned something from that. So now you've got something else to build on. So I'm hoping that people will read the book. They'll find things that they can build on. Things that may been crying over for years they can now go back and laugh at. And I know, like for the first couple of holidays after her death, it was like we could not have a good Thanksgiving or Christmas. Now we laugh about it. And now that we do videos, now we didn't do it back then. We do videos. We'll show some of the videos of some of our loved ones that die. And my family have longevity, so they live to be about one hundred hundred two, one hundred and four or five, you know, and so we can go back and look at some of these people and go, wow, But a year before we were still crying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a great blessing that is. You know, as you said, you're on sabbatical and you're a life coach, and what a wonderful thing that's perfect for your personality and the way you can reach and touch people and now children this with the book about the shoe tell us a little bit about that. Once that comes out, I think it's fascinating. I've never heard anything like this.
Speaker 10: Well, I was sitting at my dinner table and I was just thinking, and I started, I have a little cousin. He's about I think he's five now, and he has autism, and I would keep him. So that's why I became an autism coach, because I would keep him and try to help him. And he's nonverbal, and I would show him little things and he would point out what he wanted me to do. So I was thinking about him when I wrote the book. And so in my mind I saw this closet full of shoes, and there was always this little purple shoe that wouldn't go but so far. And so the other shoes would go out and come back and tell them what a great time they had. But the little purple shoe always said, I can't go but this far. I can't go but this far, And so they kept encouraging to go back and come back and tell the story. So I had the little purple shoe to step out of the closet one day saw his shadow and got scared and wanted to go back. In and one of the shoes said, that is not anything to be afraid of. That is your courage. I see that shadow every time I go out hunting and the sun is shining inside you. It's a shadow, but it's called courage. And every time you see that shadow when you walk out, you know that you've got courage. That's something special that dwells on the inside of you. And that thing just let me up. So I decided to write about it like that, and I wanted to dedicate that book to him.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I can't wait for that one, and what a great gift that will be. Doctor Paul let Alisoji, thank you so much for coming on Death and the Values. The Big Family Lay, a thriller about life and death of Big Mama.
Speaker 2: Go get it.
Speaker 10: Yes, I was so happy when I found out I was going to be talking to you, and I'm honored first of all that you even allowed me to be on your show. So I was really grateful to you, and I invite everybody to go out and get this book. I read it again. I told you the last time. I read it again because somebody wanted to do it at a conference and at first I said, well, this is a church conference. I don't think this is going to be good, but when I looked at the message that it gave in the book, I said do it and they say yay. So I'm going to go to that conference as well. So I'll be presenting as a part of the book club. And I want to tell you find those things that you know that's been a life lesson and share it with somebody else so they'll have a reason to move forward and not backwards.
Speaker 1: What a great message of perfect place, henis.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much, Thank you so much for having me on this show.
Speaker 14: Carlamuri here to tell you about our newest website for old time radio lovers. It's one hundred Radio Shows dot com. At this site there are five old time radio shows waiting for you to download free as our gift to you, and be sure to browse the additional seven hundred old time radio shows available to you for seventy percent off by using the promo code radio at checkout. This is a limited time offer, so log down to one hundred Radio shows dot com. That's one zero zero radio shows dot com.
Speaker 4: At Hotshot Secret, we share the science behind common diesel problems. For example, fuel additives. Most fuel additives either impact performance or provide protection. Hotshot Secret Everyday Diesel Treatment provides both performance enhancement and fuel system protection. Everyday Diesel Treatment delivers a six and one premium fuel treatment for every fill up, every time. Every Day Diesel Treatment is available at truck stops, tractor Supply, O'Reilly's Autoparts, and online at hotshotsecret dot com.
Speaker 8: Yah.
Speaker 7: I Brandt and her name is Sherry.
Speaker 12: Hello.
Speaker 7: She's a friend of mine whom we were just praying for because of a surgery. She just went through.
Speaker 15: Yes, and I am very happy about something you actually talk about all the time, which is metashare.
Speaker 2: That is right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So what was your experience like with meta share and the healthcare a buility?
Speaker 15: Honestly, brant seamless and what a blessing that is when you're nervous about a health issue which I was. Members shared my expenses. There were zero problems. And let me tell you, having people pray with you when you call in with your need that is.
Speaker 7: Just yes, refreshing.
Speaker 15: Yes, that's what it is.
Speaker 7: I keep telling people. People love meta share and they love saving money. The typical family can save five hundred dollars a month.
Speaker 15: I am very thankful for Meta share. It is so different, and I mean different in a very very good way.
Speaker 7: It is good different Call now. They're easy to talk to and you can get a price within two minutes. Call eight five five share forty. That's eight five five s h a r E forty eight five five share forty.
Speaker 11: Finding great candidates to hire can be like well trying to find a needle in a haystack. Sure you can post your job to some job board, but then all you can do is hope the right person comes along, which is why you should try zip recruiter for free at ZipRecruiter dot com slash free.
Speaker 12: That's right free, the smartest way to hire. Just go to this exclusive way have address ZipRecruiter dot com, slash free that ZipRecruiter dot com slash free, ZipRecruiter dot com slash free.
Speaker 9: In a study, it was found that thirty three percent of forty four herbal supplements had no trace of the advertised herb. Don't let that happen to you. Hi, this is doctor Mitch. If you want to ensure quality, please go to Total Wellness dot com. Supplements made for physicians only now available to you too, total wellness dot Com helping you to look good, feel good, and enjoy total wellness.
Speaker 2: We've had him before. He's one of my favorite people.
Speaker 1: I love the way he speaks, and the way he writes is the way he speaks, and I think that's a sign of a great storyteller. His name is George Mills, and he joins us here again on Author's Corner on America Tonight with me Kate Delaney and this book, Clay's Battle Between True Love and Lust. Oh, George, it's so good to have you back on.
Speaker 8: Thank you for having me, ma'am.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about this adventure and this is another unique one. Tell us about what happens here.
Speaker 2: How'd you come up with this? And tell us more about the story.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, I've written several books and the Battle between True Love and Lust it was ideal that came to me when I was writing Clay's in the Dreams. I wanted to find out what the difference was between true love and lust. I could go on through a divorce fifteen well you know, about eleven, twelve years ago, and.
Speaker 13: That's what.
Speaker 8: Started me writing all of the books that I have written, was the fact that I went to the divorce, but plays in this dream really gave me an insight to search out what's the difference between true love and lust? And as that's one of the answers that This is one of the answers that I gave mister Nick on this questionnaire as I set out to see if I could find the answer to that question, what is the difference between true love and lust? And I asked several friends what their input would be, and all of them was different except for one answer, and that answer was, read your Holy Bible, reading God's word, you will find what the meaning of true love really is all about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that that. That's the one area where you can go to because, as you know, and you expressed this in the other books, it's really tough going through divorce. You kind of get blindsided, don't you.
Speaker 8: You do. And it was really tough on me because it was today, that my birthday, when she confronted me that she no longer was in love. So to me, what is the difference between true love and us? To me, it was true love. And that's one of the things that I've struggled with here lately. And that's what also inspired me to write a book What Is Love and What's Lush? We meet people, and as I discussed is in the book with one of my characters, he goes into a long background that that's what the purpose was was for us to repopulate the earth. And we have that mentality of seeking out the person that we feel would give us a strong offspring, you know, to carry on the genes that we have had in our lives.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, It does make sense, and that's why it's interesting that you and your friends had a few different answers, and in this book that's the idea. Clay wants to get an understanding of what true love is all about because of being stunned about being all of a sudden going through a divorce after twenty five years and now finding himself in that situation of wow, what do you do and what do you encounter when you're alone and along the way, and you really have some clever things that you write about in the book. Because life becomes different, right it.
Speaker 8: Does, and it's for me. It gave me that what is the difference between true loving us? I want to know, you know what likes that animal instinct kick in and the only way you can find the answer is going through the Bible, God's words and everything and seeking it out. He said, ask and it shall be giving. And if you seek the answer, you will find it. And I hope I found it. Yes, other stuffcoming, Look, Clay finding sighs is true love.
Speaker 1: Mm, which is great, you know, knowing and learning the difference between true love and lust and then finding that true love. So you think you can find true love even when you thought you had it and lost it, and no matter what age.
Speaker 8: Right, right, that's true. You can't you can't even stop learning, I guess you can say.
Speaker 2: And not stopping and learning.
Speaker 1: That's part of the that's part of Clay's mindset is that, Okay, now I have to dust myself off. I've got I've got these new found friends, and I've got to go on these different adventures and encounter different things along the way. And that's what happens in this there's even some kind of I guess heated arguments. There's some back and forth a few times in the book.
Speaker 13: Right, yes, ma'am, And those are my way of saying, you.
Speaker 8: Know, it's funny how each other us have our own opinion on what we see as true love and this it's definitely a challenge trying to figure out, Okay, is this person being sincere about their answer or are they just telling me something other yes, to get me to go on about my business they didn't sell. Don't know for sure, like the answer could.
Speaker 1: Be yeah, it's the great mystery, that's for sure. And also in this book, I want to make sure people know Clay's battle between true love and lust is very clever and very funny, just like George is.
Speaker 2: George.
Speaker 1: You are clever, and you do have this way of speaking and writing the same way which you can get this book and all of his books on Amazon, Barnes, Noble for a song, paperback or kindle. However you want to consume it, so you always weave humor in there. You find a way to make it funny, don't you.
Speaker 8: Yes, ma'am. And that's one of the takeaway is I want him to enjoy, but at the same time take its sears about before they jump into holy maxwell, because that is a holy natal money that God created for man and woman, as they did for Adam and Eve. It's serious and like you said earlier, you go through a divorce after that many years, it really destroys you to the point that you got to find an answer to that question was it love or was it lost? And I've had a few friends that's going through a divorce and I don't know, I hadn't talked to them about their experience with it. But for me, it was definitely a knockout blow that I had to bounce back from.
Speaker 1: I love what you said there that one of the takeaways is you want people to enjoy the book has humorous nuggets in it, but you want them to realize to be careful when you jump in.
Speaker 8: Right. That's great because, like I said, that is a holy matrimony that is meant to be for life, and life is too short to not be with the person that God has created for you. And that's another thing that I talk about is searching for that soul mate. God has created each and every one of us a perfect soul mate. And just because you see that one that you think can produce you a good off strain is not necessarily the one that He created for you. He let us make our own minds up. And that's one of the other things, the choices that we make. We gotta be careful with them because it's clat and death situation. If that's a proper way to put it.
Speaker 1: It is, and it makes complete sense. And again I think you have just a great way of speaking and a great way of pulling it all together. So this is a good read, my friends, as your other books are too as well. And it's always fun to talk to you. George Mills, thank you so much for coming on the show.
Speaker 8: Thank you, ma'am for having man. I appreciate it.