Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm tell you easy Boston News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks very much, Dan Watkins. Let's get back to the calls. Let's give them Ken an opportunity. Ken, you wanted to add something before you left, Go right ahead.
Speaker 3: You had talked about, you know, are we comfortable, you know, with where we are. Trump's you know, moderate modifying or moderating some of his positions. The Bureau of Economic Analysis released their advanced estimate for Q one of twenty twenty five, right, and they're saying the GDP is going to contract by zero point three percent. So if that's true, you know, it's going to be interesting to see how the markets are.
Speaker 4: Going to react.
Speaker 3: Also, you know, some a lot of some economists are saying for this year it's already too late, right, that orders have gone way down because of the terrorist's threats of terroriffs, that kind of thing. So I'm not comfortable yet, Love, each that was just.
Speaker 2: Well, would you get comfortable? Be sure to let me know. And if you kid continue to be uncomfortable, feel free to always call the program and make whatever whatever point you'd like to make. I was listening to one of the newscasts today and there was I think there was a poll that someone did. I kind of heard it out of the corner of my ear and basically said that Trump people couldn't understand why Trump was holding as strong as he was. Uh. And someone said that they did a deep analysis of the poll and they essentially found out that the people who supported Donald Trump, you know, didn't pay attention or it was basically trying to say people supported Donald Trump was stupid. I just think that, you know, that's you know, so, you know, We're three months into four years of Donald Trump, and I'm just saying that if you if you look at the Middle East, if you look at the fact that he's on the phone with Putin today. To the best of my note, I don't know that Biden ever attempted to to push Putin towards peace talks. I mean, I guess Putin can't continue this war as long as he wants, but I'm hopeful that at least he's talking to somebody.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know what, I'll back off on my I'll say, listening to Trump this week, it sounds like he's trying to give piece a chance to quote you.
Speaker 5: My argument has always.
Speaker 2: Some singers from back in the day.
Speaker 6: I know who you are.
Speaker 3: I'm a baby boomer too. But what I was just going to say, Dan, My final point I was just going to say is my argument has been Trump has been trying to get he's been trying to broke Ukraine surrender. It has been my opinion, now that he's finally getting irritated with Putin, maybe he'll be able to, you know, make something happen. I don't see.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't want to see World War III. I'm not looking to witness the nuclear exchange between Russia and the United States. It's okay. I just think it's a weird deal going on over there. You've got Chinese troops over there, You've got North Korean troops going on. I don't think that most people realize what's going on over there. That's all, you know.
Speaker 3: If China's yeah, I mean, the real problem I had I've mentioned this year before, just that if if we don't show strength, we don't support Ukraine one hundred and ten percent. I mean, you've got to figure China's going to go into Taiwan or at least that raises that risk. So that's the other concern, right.
Speaker 2: But then the question, and again we could go on all night, But then the question is wet show strength. Do we put the eighty second Airport Airborne Division in there? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: But Russia's paying an awful price. I mean, they are losing more troops than Ukraine. We just stay with Ukraine, stay the course and home.
Speaker 6: That would be enough.
Speaker 2: It's hurt China, all right, man, I got to run long, long gone. Thank you so much, Dan, enjoyed. Tell you friends, Okay, I have a great one ken okay, one line at six one seven thirty. We have one couple of two lines. Actually it's six one seven ninety. Jump on board. The question is pretty simple. Do you get a sense that the political wins have shifted a little bit in the favor of Donald Trump? That's what I'm feeling. Maybe I'm wrong. Let's see what Rick up in Dover, New Hampshire has to say. Rick, welcome back, How are you?
Speaker 6: Hey? All right? How you doing damn good?
Speaker 2: Appreciate your patience holding through the news. You're up next, go right ahead.
Speaker 6: Well, I think maybe Trump's starting to tone it down, at least I hope so you know, I don't know if he's just getting tired or old or whatever. But I mean, I look at his pledge. You know, it's all to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution. And then he says a national TV he doesn't know what the Constitution says.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 2: He didn't quite say it that way. Rick, I mean, I again, don't put me into the position where he said he was asked for a definition of due process, okay, and in answer to the question from an NBC News reporter, he said, uh. And his answer was, actually, I thought a pretty sophisticated answer, which was he has lawyers to figure that out. And we've been through this before, not you and me, but the phrase due process in the Constitution, in the fifth and in the fourth and again in the fourteenth Amendment talks about equal protection, due process before the law, which are which are what all of us would aspire to. But it doesn't mean that every human being who happens to be standing on us oil has the same level of due process. That's that's not what he was trying to say.
Speaker 6: Okay, I can get that, But what I'm saying is, wouldn't you ask your experts, your lawyers before you decide to just go and do it. Oh well, at the court figure it out afterwards. I don't care if it's legal. I mean, what part of the oath doesn't he know? He's supposed to find these things out before he just goes and does something.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you that he's had plenty of conversations with his lawyers, and as a matter of fact, his Solicitor General today secured what is a considered to be a victory for the Trump administration at the US Supreme Court dealing with the temporary protected status of Venezuela.
Speaker 6: I've got that, and I think that's well within his rights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all.
Speaker 6: I think that's fine. I agree with that. I'm just saying I don't have much confidence of the guy that takes an oath and doesn't know what's in the oath, because maybe he didn't read the Constitution.
Speaker 2: I suspect that.
Speaker 6: I kind of wonder.
Speaker 2: He has a passing familiarity with the constitutions. Okay, so look, look, you're not a Trump guy, which is fine, Which is fine.
Speaker 6: I'm trying. I'm trying to be open minded, you know, but I guess.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you. Let me ask you a couple of questions. Okay, let me ask you questions. Were you happy that he was spending a couple of hours talking to Putin today about Ukraine and Russia?
Speaker 6: If we only knew what he was talking about. Is he talking about another playing or a golf course or what is he talking about?
Speaker 2: That's well again, maybe he's talking with Putin about the NFL draft coming. I mean, if you want to be serious.
Speaker 6: As long as it works. If it works, it works, you know, got something done? Yeah, well all cheer on that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well nothing's been completed. But at least he's talking to Putin about standing down? Okay, how much? How many times did Joe Biden talk to Putin about what's going on in Ukraine?
Speaker 6: I don't think he talked to him at all.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 2: You're correct, you're correct, No, you're correct, you're correct.
Speaker 6: You know you're correct.
Speaker 2: You're correct.
Speaker 6: You're a caller, and when I agree with you're on a caller. You just talk to that us. Not standing strong with Ukraine kind of opens the door and he gives the okay to China to go ahead and grab Taiwan.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, so so standing strong with Ukraine? What does standing strong with Ukraine mean to you.
Speaker 6: Well, it means standing with the European Block and Europe that basically saying we're going to stand with Ukraine.
Speaker 2: I mean, so what about if so? What about if? What about if Zelinski calls you President Rick? It's says President Rick, I know that you think you should stand strong with us, and I need about twenty five thousand members of the eighty second Earborne to parachute into my country and get these Russian sobs out of here. Is that standing strong with Ukraine? I think that's standing strong with Ukraine. Do you think that's standing strong with Ukraine?
Speaker 6: Bob, Yeah, I'd have to say. I mean that's what Churchill did, right, Churchill, that's nothing. Didn't want to get into that war, but Churchill documento it.
Speaker 2: Churchill didn't have much of a choice once. I look, let's.
Speaker 6: Stay with it.
Speaker 2: You know. Church it was the Germans were bombing the heck out of London day and night. Yeah, okay, so Churchill chose not to surrender. Churchill is sort of what Zelensky is right now. He's not gonna surrender. But what again, you're saying to me, we're gonna have standing strong, all right? We should stand strong. So I'm asking you, Rick, let's say tomorrow morning. Donald Trump said, I was listening to Night Side last night in Boston, and Rick called and said we should send twenty five thousand US eighty second AMP one troops. Do you think that's a good idea, Rick.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't like to see it.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh good, okay, how about this, about this, about this? How about if we decide, President Rick, I got a great idea, let's stand strong with Ukraine. And how about if we threaten we get you on the phone with Putin tomorrow and you say to Putin, if you don't end this war within seventy two hours, we're gonna nuke Moscow. That'd be standing right. Okay, good enough. So at least I've found something that President Rick, even though you're ready to stand strong, will not do. President Rick always always good to talk with the President. Rick. We'll talk again. Okay, you have a good dud. Thanks, good night. We take a break. Coming back on Night's. I got some lines six one, seven, two, five four to ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. I just want to get a definition of due process and standing strong. We'll be back on Nightside. Don't blame me.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on WAZ Boston's news radio All R.
Speaker 2: Let's go to John and Framingham, John and freming him.
Speaker 7: Welcome back, John, Dan, Good evening, sir.
Speaker 2: How are you doing great? Doing great? What's your take? I'm simply positing the theory that things in the last couple of weeks have been going better for Donald Trump. Just just a simple suggestion. I'm wondering if you agree or disagree.
Speaker 7: No, I mean, I'll tell you I I certainly agree.
Speaker 2: I think you know, you.
Speaker 7: Had the Trump trade coming through the end of last year into this year. As far as Walfree goes, that's a lot of momentum moving forwards.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: Liberation Day didn't seem to help to too much or with a following you know, subject went two and a half through weeks. But but since then, man, I mean, things have been things have been good. I want to give President Rick a shout out from last ashon that was pretty good.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I get my ball room one day. I don't know, we'll see, but uh yeah, man, I gotta say things have been good. And I'll tell you I was at the Red SOX game tonight, which which you know, put the spark in my head. We were listening to on the way home, you know.
Speaker 4: But you know, you hear, you know, a minutor.
Speaker 7: To a banter and you're like, okay, I'm not as well die with phone.
Speaker 9: Uh you know, I forget that, I forget the gentleman's name, but uh, there was it was a you know, whatever was the hamas you hostage four hundred and seventy some odd days, probably more they you were, you.
Speaker 7: Know, five hundred days or so. Yeah, you know, we got there and through the opening pitch and you know, I mean, oh, really about.
Speaker 2: So that the American Israeli hostage who was released about a week ago, throughout the opening pitch tonight. Oh that's great.
Speaker 7: I can't I can't confirm it was it was that particular one, but it was pretty recent, got to tell you. And you know, young guy, handsome guy, and and threw the pitch and just you know, everything, you know was America pointing to the flag, hand over the heart.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: I was surprised how good the guy looked, and because he's been there with the five hundred days and yeah, as a matter of fact, that was in he actually gave some credit. He said I wouldn't be here, not today. But when he was released, he said he wouldn't be here for it was of Donald Trump, right right.
Speaker 7: And that's what and that's what really makes you angry about. I mean, it doesn't matter what year it is, doesn't matter what presidential cycle we're talking about. Is come on, guys, we're on the same team, you know. And I was listening to a couple. I mean, I've been listening, as you can tell, on the phone, for you know, twenty some odd minutes. And okay, great, you know, Okay, people hate Trump, people love Trump, but it doesn't end here. It doesn't start here. It's gonna happen throughout time, and we can just learn to get together and learn. Okay, it doesn't matter who's in charge, but something good happens, you know, clap my hand, so be it. I'm not a Trump guy. I wasn't a Biden guy. I did vote for Trump, but the other day, you know, doesn't make a difference to me independent, you know, through and through.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: It was time. I think it was time for change. And obviously I feel very sorry for what was disclosed about President Biden in the last twenty four hours. Uh, and clearly, uh, he was struggling and and the media chose to ignore it for the last couple of years. It was a tough couple of years. By the way, it was interesting that, you know, the Mets who lost tonight to the Red Sox, they had a pretty good pitcher going for them who had an era of like a buck and a half, and the Red Sox kind of lit this guy up tonight. That's a pretty good sign for the Red Sox tonight because they won three to one. I like this Kick Dobbins who started. He didn't get the win, but he's pitched like five or six games now and he's you know, I don't know where he came out of, but he wasn't considered it is going to be in the starting rotation. How'd you what does you feel about the Red Sox start at the time, he only went four and two thirds and didn't qualify for the win. But he's been pretty impressive of this kid.
Speaker 7: Now, let me so, I'll tell you in so, I'm not well, I mean I haven't followed, you know, religiously last you know, half a dozen years. Uh, But I'll give a quick shout out here, real quick. Uh So, me and my my brother and my parents went down to see the Red Sox mess game because they're all die hard uh Sox fans, and my uncle who passed in the fall was a die hard Mess fan from Long Island, New York. Okay, So we said, what a what a perfect game to go through. So shouts uncle Kim, Well we miss your brother. Uh and he's up there looking down at us right now and he's you're probably clap in his hands as he passed. More of the election, big Trump guy. But but so uh no, that's great.
Speaker 2: But well, it was nice to see the Red Sox win and let him went at home.
Speaker 5: Let's do it.
Speaker 7: I was happy to see it.
Speaker 2: You got it? Hey? Have you called before, John or no? The first time calling?
Speaker 7: I've called a longtime listener, second time caller, But it wasn't you on the other end. It was back in September. I don't remember where you were, but I called in to talk about the economy and the election if that was going to push and pull election votes.
Speaker 2: And I'm asking some of your callers. You sound like you're a young guy.
Speaker 7: How will you twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Do me a favorite. I want you to make it a point of listening more to nightside, and I want to hear more from you. I mean that seriously. I get a wide variety of callers, but I really want to try to develop as many an audience of younger young callers as well. So please, it's true.
Speaker 7: It's true. Absolutely, it's a little bit damn. Let me ask you, what do you want to hear from me? I can talk all night.
Speaker 2: Well, any subject we talk about, I want to know. Also what I want to hear from you also is what topics are you interested in hearing about?
Speaker 5: I'll tell you.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you. So I work with a lot of young I mean, I'm twenty seven, but you know I work with young people compared to me professional you know, I said, and won't disclose where I work, but you know they're all postgraduates, professional careers in finance. And you know I mean, and every time I listen in it seems to you somehow, one way or another, get political. I guess that's just like anything else these days.
Speaker 5: But well, you know, I think.
Speaker 7: I'll give you some undisclosed opinion, not undisclosed, but unwarranted and unasked for. But I mean, you know, I guess you look over history and the young people always want to go and they want to be the contrarian. They want to be you know, grunge or whatever you want to call it, which which funny enough. I mean, this could just be my opinion from from my point of view, because you know, I'm I guess said twenty seven. Don't have the news, don't have anything. Any news. I guess from the radio is ten thirty if you a night that when I'm driving. But I'll tell you from what I see, you know, on the day to day is I think young people who want to you know, prove themselves to society as contrarians. I think I don't know what happened in the last X number of years, but everyone's everyone's talking about, you know, economies as economy that you know, republican, that's republican, that farther than I am. And like I said before, I'm not so you know something to think about. I think I think it's it's they love the underdog story. I think they want to be, you know, whatever they think the most people aren't, frankly, and in these days, I think it's you know, being a Republican right, wrong or indifferent.
Speaker 2: So well, look, I appreciate it. And again, whatever subjects that we have interest you, and we do politics, but we don't do politics night after night after night. I couldn't stand ding politics night after night after night. We try to hit a variety of topics during the course of the week, so that again we try to It's it's like if you go to a steak place and they only serve steak. After a while, you're gonna feel like eating chicken and you're gonna go somewhere else. I want to have a menu here that appeals to as many people as possible. And I got to tell you, John, I you know, I kind of I can't tell you much. I appreciate that you take the time of call in tonight.
Speaker 7: I really may appreciate you doing what you do.
Speaker 2: Thank you, buddy, talk to you soon. Thanks, have a great one. That's a great call. That's a great call. We'll take a break. It's eleven thirty. Ready for the news. I got Tim, I got Patrick, Larry and Paul. Ladies. Where are you tonight? Women?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: One of our best callers tonight was Lauren from Plymouth, ladies, light it up, coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Ray on WA Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Let's keep rolling, Gonna go to Tim and Wilburn, Tim next to Nightsick, go right ahead, Tim.
Speaker 6: Thanks you taking my call, Dan Beny. I haven't take my hat off to Trump for uh dealing with Putin. He's trying, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, Putin's a tough tough nut to crack, but maybe he can convince him that it's in his country's it's interest to stand down. And if he does that, you gotta give him credit. I mean, at least he's trying to he's trying to talk to him. He did spend two hours today. That's a that's a lot of time, A lot of time.
Speaker 4: A lot of times.
Speaker 6: I don't think Biden has done that.
Speaker 2: No, No, I don't believe Biden ever talked to Putin during his four years in the White House. I think that he watched as Putin, uh, you know, amassed his troops on the border. I think that Biden Biden said to him President former President Biden said don't do this, don't do this, and Putin did it. And I don't think that they ever had you know President Biden has Former President Biden had his trips to Europe and talked with the NATO people and all of that, made a trip to Kiev, he went to remember, he took that train trip, but never engaged with Putin. And again, I think that even if he's a bad guy, I'd rather talk to him and see if you could, if you could figure out what he's thinking.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, I think Trump is a smart guy. He's smart.
Speaker 2: Well he I think that in terms of this what he's endured. Uh, he's certainly been tested. Uh. And let's see, let's see where we are. I think that in the last few weeks the political wins have kind of shifted in his direction. Now they may shift out.
Speaker 6: Without a doubt, without a doubt, I think too, you give them a little time. I think the gas only price is going to come down. I think things are going to get better.
Speaker 2: I would hope so, for all of our sakes, that's all, man. I'm root for things to get better. Whoever's in the world, who's ever in the White House. I want I want my gas prices lower. I want people to be able to buy homes and want all of that. That's what that's what the country's about. Tim. Thanks.
Speaker 6: I want the gas prices.
Speaker 2: Lower and the food lower. Same. Same, We're in the same page, absolutely, Tim, Thank you much. My friend will talk soon. Okay, thank you again.
Speaker 6: Thanks for the uh you.
Speaker 2: Bet you Let me go to Patrick and chops down Patrick next on nightside.
Speaker 5: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Hey, how you doing, Dan?
Speaker 2: Hey, sounds like you're outside tonight. You are outside?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, I'm sitting on my phone.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe it was maybe a course to speak a button by accent and hamming out perfectly perfectly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounded like there was wind blowing. I thought you might have been out.
Speaker 4: I have a fan at my desk when I'm working late at night, man, So I always I always have an artist me cool manead Yes, uh so, just this isn't my main point, but just just that that older gentleman seemed like a really nice guy who.
Speaker 6: Called the one thing.
Speaker 4: It always bothers me when people bring up the statement on the Statue of Liberty about you know, give us you're tired, and you're poor and and all that stuff. It always bothers me as that as a means to end a debate, as a means to forestall and preclude any debate on immigration that for now on. When we invoke that, anyone who invokes that ten to just be of the mindset. But that means that we can't have any reasonable restrictions on immigration whatsoever, or we are just terrible people. It doesn't preclude us from debating having an immigration debate.
Speaker 6: It doesn't.
Speaker 4: So that's that's the first thing I said.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. And also, by the way, I remind people that President Obama was characterized as the Great Deporter because he deported somewhere around three million people during his term in office.
Speaker 4: And however devisive President Obama's administration was in certain ways, I actually have some respect for the guy. He actually did a lot of reasonable things, to be honest with Yet I'm not a Democrat, but one of them I just wanted to. Uh So, second thing, you asked if the political wills, the wins would change it, right, I almost believe that that was more of a statement than a question. And I agree with you that they are, and you can tell with this key things that show us that they are. Number One, Maura Healey. Maura Healey is proud and she's she's she's actually publicly proclaiming how it is a good thing that she's doing something to shut migrant shelters. That was impossible two years ago for a Democrat to say. Second, off, this is going national. Trump is a he's a historical figure. Keer Starmer, a radical left winger in England, in a paper, a paper from newsweek three days ago, says that they're worried about him using Trumpian language. He's starting to talk about enforcing borders in in in the United Kingdom for the first time in a long time. So the winds changed and absolutely, and uh, you know, you know if people criticize this guy, you know, I was a readonauticle.
Speaker 8: From the New York Times Dan and it was it.
Speaker 4: Was about Portland, Maine, so it sort of hit close to home a little bit for us. We knew England and says that sentinel death slow meth comes from Maine. So this is how this honest the New York Times is right. So what they do is they bury in this article they focus on how meth is rising. Right, And if you read in the third paragraph that it says in Portland, where the fentanyl has become increasingly diluted and costly it's the first sentence of the third paragraph, which clearly shows that Trump's shutting down on the border has stopped the fentanyl trade into the United States and is saving lives by the thousands. The New York Times, instead of saying that, says meth is rising in Portland. So if you think tides are changing, man, I don't know that you're I think you're right, and I think it's for the best man.
Speaker 2: By the way, and when you refer to the Prime Minister of England, it's important to make note of the fact that he's a Labor Party prime minister. He's not a Conservative or Tory.
Speaker 4: That makes it even more amazing.
Speaker 2: Exactly, exactly, Patch, Thank you much of great content, and thank you very much for joining us tonight. And uh and keep it. How old are you Patrick?
Speaker 4: I'm how old are you?
Speaker 8: Ben?
Speaker 2: Uh? Don't tell me you're anywhere close to my age.
Speaker 4: Probably ten or fifteen years shy you, man, I told you when I was doing my l L m APU, I used to see a picture on the wall, so a little while, but not to the seventh or eighth floor, I can't remember, but I think it was.
Speaker 2: I think I was on the I was on the wall with Ed Brooke, uh and and and Cohen, Senator Cohen, Bill Cohen.
Speaker 4: That Olympian guy uh so. So the one last thing before I go, Dan, if you, if I may, Dan, I just an idea came across my head. Dan, why don't you call have your your producer called the Russian Embassy. Dan, you're an influential guy. Maybe Putin will come on your show, man, Maybe you'll come on your show. Maybe you're you're have more power than you realize. A lot of influential people listening to you.
Speaker 2: Man, Well, I appreciate that. The problem is there's going to be a lot of it. I don't think his English is too too good, and my Russians the only word in Russia I know in Russian.
Speaker 4: Is yet, Dan, you've dealt with a lot more, a lot more dangerous guys than him, I think. I don't think it would be much of a stuff for you to do this.
Speaker 2: I know, I know the guys. I know the guys. I know the guys you're talking about, and they were they were ex FBI agents who had guns and badges and were willing to use them for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, criminals with badges.
Speaker 2: Thank you, damn thanks Bell, thanks Patrick, appreciate it very much. LLM bu but take a no, I got a couple of open lines. Now fail me not, folks six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty and six one seven ninety. We've had a great night here, so let's finish with a bang. Gonna go to Angelo and Newton, my friend Angelo, Angelo, welcome back, Angelo, Thank you again.
Speaker 8: I hope he will be able to hand me.
Speaker 2: Ye know what, what do you got some lary gititis going on there?
Speaker 8: No, I got some health issues. I got a m Yeah, they'll p It's a different reflex I have coming on.
Speaker 4: The Okay, a lot of my voice for a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you go ahead, God, go ahead. I'll listen to what you gotta say. Go ahead, Angelo, take your time.
Speaker 8: Did I hear you saying that they that they wanted to let the the what is the ven Whalen come in here?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, no no no. What happened today?
Speaker 4: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Then, but the US Supreme Court ruled today. They they basically said that Trump could could get rid of the the temporary protective status that had been extended to about three hundred and fifty thousand venice whalens. Temporary protected status meant that none of those people could have been deported as long as temporary protective status existed. UH protected status. And as a consequence, those people now can be can be deported. The case in chief, that is still going to be decided at some point. We'll have to see how that how that gets resolved. But yeah, that's we're talking about.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a victory. It was a victory for the Trump administration at the US Supreme Court today, And I simply was poisoning the argument or the hypotheses that he just had a pretty good trip in the Middle East. He was on the phone with Putin for a couple of hours today. Uh, the border situation seems to have gotten a lot better than it was so and then I just felt the political wins were kind of shifting in his direction. That's the whole conversation.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, if they want to come in, they should be legal, like everybody else came in. This kind of illegal again.
Speaker 4: You know, when.
Speaker 8: Everybody came here from the long las Islum, they had to go through a lot, a lot.
Speaker 2: They certainly did. They certainly did. I want you to rest your voice. Angela, give me a call back next week and you're gonna feel better.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you, Dan, You have a good event.
Speaker 2: Take care, Anchel'll have a great night. We'll take a break. I got some wide open lines. Come on, let's go six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty one line at six one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. I got Laurie coming up on the other side of the break, and I got some room for you. Let's finish this thing strong tonight. My theory is that in the last two or three weeks, stock markets come back. Things are going a little bit better. The political wins. The political wins are now shifting a little bit towards in favor of Donald Trump. You don't have to agree with me. You can agree or disagree, disagree, make your arguments. We'll be back on Night's side right after this very quick break. It's eleven forty five. I got room for you. Give us a call, coming back on Night.
Speaker 1: Snid Night Side with Dan Ray. I'm w BZY Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: OHR, I gonna go to Laurie and Melroy's. I know what will happen. There'll be about four people that are gonna call in the next two minutes and only one or two will get on. We got wide open lines six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, six, one, seven, nine, three, ten thirty. Let me talk with Laurie and Melrose. Hey, Laurie, welcome back.
Speaker 10: How are you okay?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 10: I am just very annoyed with all of us because Trump. Trump has been a fool with Putin for a long time and he's not exactly doing much at all. He'll call Putin and the people. I can't think of his name, but you know who he is, the Senator Conrad, very conservative southern Southerner. That's all for Trump. He knows that he has stated that Putin is it can't be true.
Speaker 2: I assume you might be talking about Lindsey Graham.
Speaker 10: Is that from I've been a republic in all my life, work for two national and local Republican I do not care for Trump. Trump has got a big ego and.
Speaker 2: He's no doubt about that, there's no question, but promises.
Speaker 10: And a lot of other things. And I'm sorry, but I don't like this happening has had happened in Gaza, with all the four children that have died and in the famine that's going on right now, and he's not. I don't see any progress with him working on the Israel Primary minister to get food in there for the national associations. I don't believe that he. I think he's is foolish and he's got that ego. He wants the real estate, he wants the God. Even he's stated over God could kick people out, take it over and make it into resort. His a lot of gold. But still it's like he's going to take over Canada and all these different things. Why do they focus on real issues and be a.
Speaker 2: Real Let me, let me, let me engage you with a conversation if I could. He I think has pretty much effectively closed the border. Is that something that you applaud or something you think is a mistake.
Speaker 10: Oh, I think I think that that has been But I'm they're saying all him, he's exactly doing it by a lot of threats. I would have preferred the Congress to get to have gotten together and finally you get some strong policy or give you a chance to figure out what you think. And he he shut it down because he didn't want. He didn't want He's afraid that the Democrats would get credit for it, so he shut it down.
Speaker 2: For a second, I'm trying to understand you. Okay, would you agree with me that for four years under the Biden administration the border was in effect wide open?
Speaker 10: Yes, just a scab on somebody else back now in the politics we're talking about now today.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly what I'm talking Worry what I'm trying to get at, Laurie. But I'm here's what I'm trying to get at. He has been president the second time for three months. So yes, So my question to you is the border now seems to be secure because of policies he put in place, and people are not coming over the border. Oh I'm sure there's a few, but they're not coming over the border at the pace they were coming over.
Speaker 10: So yes, that's nice.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing.
Speaker 10: There are other issues that are very bad. I don't like to see thousands of children discovering to death, okay, and Gaza. I do not like to see children that have been kidnapped in Ukraine. That doesn't get mentioned very often.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you what would you have him do.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't think too much as he can do because he's been kissing Putin's you.
Speaker 2: Know, no, we're talking guy for a long time. He likes Laury.
Speaker 10: He thinks Putin liked him.
Speaker 2: I'm desperately trying to have a conversation with Laurie here without much success. Laurie, what would you have Trump do about Gaza?
Speaker 10: Have the Gaza try to get the all this trucks and all the recent sources that are there to let them in. These four doctors will if you hear the news, the doctors and everything else is now he's going and bombing. You know, more children have been He's probably like twenty thousand kids have been killed. And then you got now seventeen thousand. Okay, sorry, I know two thousand and six that was not I mean, you know so October sixth that was wrong. It was horrible, but it's not their fault. It's not the average woman.
Speaker 2: So then I'll ask you this if I can. What should have net Nyaho done? Since it was net Yahoo who was fighting Hamas? Do you I assume you don't agree what what Yahoo was done?
Speaker 10: Don't No, I didn't. I just said I did not agree with that, and obviously nobody will.
Speaker 2: What should have he done? Should have he waved a white flag and said, Hamas, please don't do that again.
Speaker 10: But he hasn't. He hasn't he had any consideration for the people. He's just he's using it as an excuse to go in even when he's gone in what should have done, Laurie, Laurie, people's homes.
Speaker 2: And kill I've enjoyed this conversation thoroughly and ippreciate it. I hope you'll call back again and we can continue a good conversation. Thank you very much. Let me go to John in New York. John, save me, John, welcome. You're next on Night Side. John.
Speaker 8: I'm on that.
Speaker 6: I'm on this quick already.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you should have called earlier. Go ahead, John, what's on your mind? Yeah? I know.
Speaker 6: I always called the last minute because that's when I'm in the car going down the road.
Speaker 2: You know, okay, but we're running out of last minutes. Here, go ahead, I know.
Speaker 6: Are you ready for a joke.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, John, but give it a shot.
Speaker 6: One of my thoughts when you I didn't know this, you're you're a newscaster. Two. In addition to a talk show host, I worked wh.
Speaker 5: Whoa, whoa, whoa?
Speaker 2: I worked for thirty one years for the CBS affiliate in Boston WBCTV. I was an investigative reporter. Go right ahead.
Speaker 11: I know I read about that, but you're still You're still doing it on your show. Also, you know you haven't you haven't lost the touch. You're very good at it.
Speaker 6: Anyhow, go ahead, when.
Speaker 11: You're talking about Trump talking to Putin for two hours, I think you know what a smart guy Donald is. I'm a businessman.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 11: I think he was taught not only the whole purpose of the call, but he might have mentioned that, Hey, pal, if you give me a building permit to put a gigantic hotel up in Moscow, I'll make a deal with you.
Speaker 2: I think that would be a little blatant. But I don't know if that's a joke or if that's what you really believe.
Speaker 6: I'm just kidding around.
Speaker 2: I know you're called lady. Got a call earlier. I got to get one more in here, Okay, man, But I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, thank you very much for taking my call. Have a good night, and I'll speak to you later on something.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks John, to talk to you soon. Ed in Worcester, Ed you're late. I got you for a minute. You go right.
Speaker 5: Ahead, Okay. I had to stop drafting my articles of impeachment for President Rick to call in and remind everybody of one of Rush Limbaugh's nostrums, which is, and this is in regard to your caller, Laurie there from a minute ago. Yep, anytime somebody calls into a talk show and identifies themselves as a conservative or Republican, they're a fraud. No, they're not.
Speaker 2: Well, there was a lot of self identification there, but I was able to get her finally to say that what Trump did on the border was kind of okay, just.
Speaker 5: Kind of yeah, she's a Bernie Sanders Republican.
Speaker 2: That's the way that they're a Bernie Sanders Republican's Ed. I love it, you know what. I'm ending the show on a on a smile with you. Man. I really appreciate that call. I really do you almost read my mind. If you get my drift, then I think begs Ed talk soon.
Speaker 5: Okaye, man, all right, we're.
Speaker 2: Done for that night, Rob Brooks, great job. I want to take all the callers, particularly the new callers and the young callers and the older callers. I thank all the callers. Thank you very much for joining us. For those of you who listened, whether you were driving home for the Red Sox game or you listen for all four hours, I appreciate you very much. Done for the night. I want to thank Marita as well. Been a long day. All dogs, all cats, all pets going to have That's YPL. Charlie Rails who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's all your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you're going to see them again. I hope to see again Tomorrow night at Night SID I will be on Facebook Night's Hour with Dan Ray in about two minutes. Join me there and I'll tell you what I really think. Have a great Wednesday or great Tuesday everyone, then, have a great Wednesday,