Speaker 1: Today we discuss a rare crime, one so heinous even death row inmates look down on you if you commit this, an act where you remove the life from another human being for your own gain, even though that life is neither yours nor theirs. In fact, it's a brand new life all on its own. This is the story of a rare crime called fetal abduction.
Speaker 2: Warning.
Speaker 1: The following podcasts and material intended more at your audience. Listener discretion is advised. Hey, how's it going.
Speaker 2: My name's Ben and I'm Nicole, and you're listening to Wicked and Grim, a true crime podcast, and we're by it.
Speaker 1: We're back from Halloween. Yes, took a little bit of a hiatus. Hopefully you guys are doing good.
Speaker 2: Feel like we haven't been on here for three months, even.
Speaker 1: Though we took what one week break.
Speaker 2: Pretty much, it feels like three months.
Speaker 1: Well, we hope that everyone had an epic Halloween week ll seven days of epic noss.
Speaker 2: That was awesome. Yeah, hopefully by now you're caught up because we're back to our regular scheduled programming every Tuesday. There you go, there you go. So, do you have any news you want to tell anybody? Miss vacation. Well okay, so yeah, first class. We meant to I'm just gonna put out there. We meant to have an episode out last week, but some shit got in the way. One of the positives was I went to San Diego, which was an amazing trip. I went there for like part vacation and then part it was a photography retreat, so I have to learn and connect with like their photographers and the industry, and it was it was awesome. But the reason, the other reasoning why we were a bit behind is not so great. Oh okay, yeah, we are going there, okay, And I mean we have to announce it on here because like you guys have you know them. So we unfortunately had to put I'm gonna cry, like I can't announce this with that. But we had to put Mika down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our oldest dog, Meca. In the spring, she was diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer. We thought she wasn't even gonna last much longer into the spring, but she ended up lasting all spring, all summer and into the fall. However, eventually caught up to her and her time came and we had to say goodbye to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it was I mean a lot of people there are also animal lovers and you just like they're part of your family. It's literally got wrenching.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so we want to just kind of designate and say that that Halloween Week was in lou for Meka because we didn't want to say anything during it while it was happening, but we had to put her down during Halloween week. So yeah, we just want to give that one to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she deserves that, So.
Speaker 1: This one's for her too, because why not.
Speaker 2: Something kind of cool on a side note in regards, so we have like this this calendar, this local calendar, and it's an it's through the city and then it's also like a fundraiser through I think our SPCA, which is our I don't know if SPCA is a thing worldwide, but it's our animal shelter. And so I had put in this photo of our two dogs and like trying to get in this calendar and it was just kind of an honor of Mika and they picked the photo. So there will be little miss Decembers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's awesome.
Speaker 2: So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're stoked. And just so you guys know, you don't need to reach out to us. We appreciate all the kind words and everything. We're not sharing this with you guys to try and receive sympathy. We just kind of want to keep you guys updated because we do know that you listen. You know about our dogs, and we just kind of full transparency. So just letting you know we've kind of made peace with it. It's still sad thinking about her, but it is what it is and we're doing okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but there will be one less for baby running around, So we disfigured we'd let you know a few less dog farts in the podcast. Yeah, maybe we'll get distracted a little bit less, but probably not.
Speaker 1: But we should head over to our patrons now. We should thank our patrons absolutely, and I do have a correction. We do so they never said anything either, They never corrected us, but we realized on a rown we totally mess it up. So, James Harrington, last time we mentioned our podcast or our patrons subscribers, I said, Jamie did, so that's totally on my bad, so we.
Speaker 2: Didn't even realize. Actually, so thank you, James.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry James for messing up your name, but we're known for messing up names anyway, so it's.
Speaker 2: All good, right, Yeah, maybe you loved it.
Speaker 1: We also have Corey Burnell, Jen Lyles zero zero just or oh, I don't know. It's just the letter O or the number zero. That's all they put in for their name. Nicholas Vigasis Vergaeis the grayis there you go? The grayis okay, Nicholas the Grayisa. I think I've got it.
Speaker 2: Now, there you go. It sounds good.
Speaker 1: Pat and Alison halliwell nice. So thank you all you guys for signing up for Patron. We appreciate you so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all are the bomb ye And if.
Speaker 1: You want to head over and support us over there as well, no pressure, but the link is down below.
Speaker 2: Feel free. We appreciate you just the same though. Yeah. Yeah, like we'll be posting out. We did a pre show before we recorded this that we'll be posting in there and just where we what would we say? Just talk shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just shoot the ship kind of warm up to mics, get ourselves ready to go and podcast. Yeah it's fun time, but speak ready to go. I think I'm ready to go?
Speaker 2: Are you? I don't know because I was literally just like scroll on Facebook as Ben did his little intro and then I just did like the side slow glance over at him, like.
Speaker 1: The fuck because she knew nothing about what case.
Speaker 2: I do nothing nothing. I'm honestly often blind, like coming in blind here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So this is the story of Tika Adams and her experience with what is known as fetal abduction.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, we're in for it.
Speaker 1: Yes, So warning up ahead of time. This can get graphic and a very squeamish, especially for potential mothers or something like that. So consider yourself warned right now. So it starts in Washington, DC in two thousand and nine. A woman named Tika Adams described herself as a very rebellious individual. She created her own rules and didn't want to live by anyone else's. She was twenty nine years old and was living on the streets day with no way of knowing where her next meal would come from. Oh, she was homeless. She was heavy into drug use. She was in and out of prisons, and continued to wander alone through the city as her feet hit the concrete leading her to her next unlan location each day. It was a life no one should have to endure. A life of loneliness, pain, and often even shame and regret. However, after living this life for what seemed like an eternity, Tika decided that she needed to do something. She wasn't going to keep living this way and the only person who could change it was her.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, I love that. This is okay right, yeah.
Speaker 1: So she's turning over that new leaf.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: She decided she was going to leave the streets behind, and her first step to become the woman that she wanted to was checking herself into a shelter.
Speaker 2: Okay, good for her. Yea, that's not an easy choice or easing to do.
Speaker 1: No, definitely not taking life by the balls for the proverbial saying, or however you want to say it. Yeah, that's a big step. Yeah, So good for her for making that call.
Speaker 2: To literally step back, see what situation you're in and then have the courage to change it. Is amazing. It's huge, huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So she did that. She went to a shelter in DC which was being run by the Community for Creative Non Violence, and there she began to stay in the woman's section of the shelter and she officially began turning over that new leaf. Now, as such as life. When you go searching for something, you will generally find it. Some call it karma, others call it fate. When you put out a good energy into the universe, you can really generally say that you'll find good energy come back your way. So when Tika checked herself in ready to leave her old life behind, her new life presented her in the form or with good energy, in the form of a man named PJJ. He was also checked in the shelter. He was in a very similar situation. He decided he had had enough of the life on the streets and it was time to turn his life around.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm I was going to say they seem like a good match, but hopefully this guy isn't an asshole.
Speaker 1: No, he's a good guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's a good guy. Okay, because you never know sometimes where we going to like this person? Are we not going to like this person?
Speaker 1: This is a true crime podcast, so you know a true crime is going to occur, and we already discussed what kind of crime is.
Speaker 2: So well, well, I'm going to say he's the dad.
Speaker 1: Yes. The two instantly made a connection and their love for one another began to develop quickly. Now, while still in the shelter. The two would eventually get married wow, and Tika would soon be an expecting mother Right on yep. So everything in Tika's life was beginning to turn around. She was off the streets, she now had a family of her own, and her future was looking brighter.
Speaker 2: Every day, no kidding, it's like a three sixty.
Speaker 1: However, a very dark twist would come into her life. When she was seven months pregnant with a phone call. Tika began receiving phone calls, calls from a number that showed up on her caller ID as unknown. She brushed the calls off at first and ignored them, but they kept coming. So one day, while she was on her way to the grocery store with a friend, the phone rang again with that same unknown display. She decided she would see who it was and what they wanted, so she answered it. I know a lot of the times, I'm I'm really prone to answer those phone calls, even if it is a telemarketer. I like to just like hang up on them and stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm the worst. I won't answer them. I won't even answer the goddamn door if someone's there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the door's a little bit different. It is a physical location. It's like right there, you're confronted with them, you know. Yeah, so I can't blame you for that.
Speaker 2: This podcast has made me scared.
Speaker 1: Shilla, close your doors, your windows, watch your bathroom mirror.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say your medicine cabine's Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, Tika found on the other end of the phone was a friendly voice of a woman, and she introduced herself as Stephanie Mills. Now step began to tell Tica who she was and the reason she was calling. She told her that she works for a company that assists women who are homeless or underprivileged, potentially in a shelter program. Things like that individuals who like her are pregnant.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, the idea is that the company she works with helps women by providing such things such as baby clothing or other supplies that expecting mothers would need but can't quite supply for themselves. Understandably, many women in tika situation would have a difficult time purchasing many of these items that they need to raise a child, so the support would go a huge long way for her.
Speaker 2: Well, absolutely, you need so much shit.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, kids are not cheap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like so many things.
Speaker 1: Right. So the conversation continues and she tells Tica all about the items that they have in a warehouse, baby clothes, like you name it. Most of it's being donated or secondhand, but they have a lot that they can pass on and help her. So, needless to say, Tica was beyond excited. This would help her and PJ tremendously and they would be able to give their new baby a great start in life. PJ, however, seemed to be a little bit skeptical.
Speaker 2: Though I'm skeptical of the warehouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wasn't so sure of the situation. A feeling Teaka was not too fond of sharing. She reassured him that it was fine and it's the help that they just need.
Speaker 2: M Well, she was probably like thinking, this is just oh, they've answered my prayers kind of thing, like we need we need help, like I want to give this baby everything possible, right, and then this phone call just so she's it, this is like kind of a tricky spot, especially because most people think other people are good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well definitely. So if you receive a phone call like because there are organizations like this hunter are so you receive this phone call to help your child. Of course you're going to take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would. Generally, I feel like you have to kind of reach out to them more.
Speaker 1: So, potentially, I'm not too sure how it would work in a shelter situation because they might have names of individuals and send it out yeah for you, So I'm not too certain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean giving I guess the situation that she was already and maybe they passed her information along, right, So where's your head going with this?
Speaker 1: So far? Though, I'm curious.
Speaker 2: I think this warehouse is shit and she needs to run for the hills.
Speaker 1: You think the warehouse is shit?
Speaker 2: You? No, just the warehouse? I was like, no, Like, just don't I in my brain, and she needs to go with someone. She's going to pick up shit. She needs to take someone with her, a buddy.
Speaker 1: Fair enough. Well, Tka and Stephanie continue to be in contact, discussing her needs and getting her set up to come pick up the items that she'd be needing. It was early December two thousand and nine when Tika Adams was nine months pregnant and the time finally came where she could be picking up her goods. Oh my gosh, Stephanie came and picked Tka up and they both headed out together to the wear house.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just have to say, so, the Stephanie chick is really she's forming a relationship with her.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: That's longer than just a phone call.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So I mean that it makes it even worse because of course you'd think that this person is investing in you.
Speaker 1: Makes what worse?
Speaker 2: Well, what might be going down here because.
Speaker 1: You're making a lot of assumptions.
Speaker 2: I am okay, maybe I'll just shut up. So it's fine. Everything's fine, everything's great. This warehouse is just peachy, and there's full of baby clothes and stuff. Yeah. No, I don't know. I'm just like, Okay, she's literally investing in this person. For two months, they've been having conversations like she's really going next level here.
Speaker 1: Yep. Well, Tika was investing a lot like you're saying. She was filled with excitement. Her baby was almost here and she was finally being presented with the items to take care of it. During the drive the two talk, Tika spoke all about her life and how she was trying to become a better person. She described her time in the streets, her encounters with substance abuse, and her new baby in marriage, which meant the world to her, and Stephanie shared a bit of her life as well, talking about some of her family, like she had a teenage son and so forth, the worst teenage sons.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know the fact that she's Okay, maybe my brain's going to the wrong place. But she's in this vehicle with this person. They're sharing, they're liking each other. Like, why the fuck does she not have someone with her right now? Like, I'm sorry, but please just take buddies, well, buddy system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she did not take a buddy and eventually the two Stephanie and Tica would arrive at the warehouse location. However, it wasn't a warehouse.
Speaker 2: What was it.
Speaker 1: It was Stephanie's apartment. Okay, it was odd, but Tika brushed it off and thought, Okay, something must have just changed in the details or something. She didn't really know what to think. Yeah, so she went inside the apartment with.
Speaker 2: Stephanie because that seems safer than a warehouse. But maybe not.
Speaker 1: Well, you'd think it would be safer, for sure, That'd be my assumption. Yeah, I'd probably be like, oh, thank god, it's an apartment, not a fucking sketchy warehouse. Now, the apartment was a large, pale brick building. They entered through a glass door entrance through a sliding door glass door story which was beside a front door, and led them into the living room. Now the room was rather empty, with a couch and some scattered boxes laying around, but Stephanie kept leading her through the room into an adjacent bedroom. Now the situation was odd. There were no donated baby clothes or anything of that nature in sight. In the bedroom, Stephanie let Tica sit on the bed and she put a movie on the TV that was located in the room.
Speaker 2: Okay, weird.
Speaker 1: She also fixed her lunch in the form of two sandwiches.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: So the two sat down and began to watch the movie, and by now Tica was feeling quite uncomfortable. She didn't want to be rude. She just assumed that Stephanie was maybe just like a really awkward or different individual, So she didn't want to press or anything like that. Right, But soon enough the time would come and they would go get the items that Stephanie would be talking about. That's what she was hoping for. She's like Okay, movie will end soon, and it's going to happen here soon. She just wants to chill for a bit.
Speaker 2: Who knows, Holy heck, she's very kind.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The fact that she's just like eating the sandwich and watching the movie, Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 1: Well, they sat on the bed with the movie playing. Antika's phone rang. It was her husband, PJ m. He asked if she was finished up and needed him to come pick her up. There was one problem though, Tika didn't know where they were right. She told PJ what was going on. She kind of reassured him that she'd just be fine.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Meanwhile, he's just like, what the actual is going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So the movie would eventually end, and Stephanie got up and put another one on. Oh my gosh, And strangely enough, after that, she would get up to put another movie on.
Speaker 2: Holy shit. However, things would quickly take a.
Speaker 1: Severe turn at this point. At the third movie, all of a sudden, Tica had a blanket thrown over her head and a violent beating and assault began.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I okay, two movies in, like, yes, well, what is going on here? I'm so confused?
Speaker 1: She sat there with her for two movies in this stranger's bedroom, just being polite as far as I can tell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why did this Stephanie chick need two movies? And like, how did she even find this woman? I'm just yeah, we'll carry on here, but I got questions.
Speaker 1: Well, these movies seem to be a bit of a theme and I'm not too sure why or what's with them. But yeah, well we'll touch on it here shortly.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So, as the assault began, Stephanie was on top of Tika, punching and hit her repeatedly, but still the nine month pregnant Teka managed to get to her feet and put her hands and arms up to defend herself as she tried to run. She managed to make it to the nearby front door, but quickly realized the severity of her situation when she saw three locks holding her.
Speaker 2: Oh oh my gosh, I thought there was going to be more individuals there. No, hmm.
Speaker 1: Now. Tica by this time had a large cut across her head and had blood pouring into her face, but she still continued to fight. However, Stephanie was just too much, even more so when she got a hold of a fire poker and began to beat Tika with it over and over. Wow, she was beaten into unconsciousness. But it is estimated that she was struck with that fire poker approximately forty times.
Speaker 2: Holy, okay, that's that's incredible.
Speaker 1: That is brutal.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's incredible that, like she was putting up the fight of her life there, like she's trying to save herself and her baby. She's doing this all well nine months. Yeah, Like to withstand that much just shows how much strength she has.
Speaker 1: Oh, one hundred percent. I'm sitting here and I'm like, I got a poop and I can barely walk to the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I feel like I get hit once and be like done.
Speaker 1: Well, Tica's definitely different than us because she managed to just take a lot. Yeah, she did manage to regain consciousness as she was being dragged down a hallway.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Yeah, this is just gonna get worse and worse, isn't it from here on out?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah, she was being dragged down the hallway by her ankles towards the kitchen, but she was now bound and gagged, Okay, left helpless to her attacker. She was also still quite.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: She just went through a severe beating. She has a bell runk, so she's not quite with it right. Hell no, Next though, she remembers hearing rustling coming from the kitchen drawer, and then she sees stiff Stephanie kneeling at her side with a box cutter.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is just brutal. This is brutal.
Speaker 1: She remembers Stephanie telling her what she was going to do. She remembered her saying she was going to take her baby, then feeling a sharp pain in her side. Man, as Stephanie began to cut.
Speaker 2: It'd be more than just a sharp fucking pain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you try writing a podcast and describing that.
Speaker 2: Oh I know. Sorry, I'm not I'm not saying anything but bad about how you wrote it. But that would be for going excruciate it.
Speaker 1: She felt an excruciatingly sharp pain. How's that that's better? It's all gold. So as quickly as it began, though, it luckily stopped, and Tika could hear Stephanie's voice as she began to pray as she said, Lord, forgive me, I've sinned. Forgive me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a big ass sin.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is then she began to start cleaning up the large amounts of blood that had saturated the floor surrounding the two of them, And as she began cleaning, she also instructed Tica to stand up, but she was unable to due to her injuries and the restraints, so Stephanie helped her get back to the bedroom where she laid her down on the bed. There, she takes away Tika's cell phone immediately, and Tika starts telling Stephanie that she just won't tell anyone what happened if she just lets her go.
Speaker 2: Hey will was her baby still in her?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, so this Stephanie, she.
Speaker 1: Did not take it yet.
Speaker 2: She started cutting, but she didn't finish.
Speaker 1: She did not.
Speaker 2: Finish, and then she realized that she's a piece of shit. Mm hmm okay, gosh, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: So Tka was thinking back to the conversation the two had when they were in the car driving to the apartment or what she thought was the warehouse. Yeah, and she remembers Stephanie talking about her son. So she tried to use this to her advantage, saying that she wouldn't say anything because she doesn't believe in breaking up a family. She's trying to tug at those heart strings.
Speaker 2: She's smart, she.
Speaker 1: Is she's she's a badassy to say that.
Speaker 2: I just think this woman is incredible.
Speaker 1: Her words seemed to actually be making an impact on Stephanie. Stephanie began pacing around the apartment, struggling with what she was going to do next. This would go on into the night. In fact, it continued for the next three days.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Tika was held captive, unsure of her and her baby's safety as her captor paced around the apartment, all while Stephanie had movies playing on repeat, over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: Well, and she's so injured too, Like, it's almost amazing that she could even have lasted those days without getting medical attention.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I guarantee you she at least has a concussion, not alone her lacerations. Right.
Speaker 2: And Pej, right, that's his name, Pj. The husband must just be worried sick.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I guarantee you he was.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So all this time, Tika refused to sleep in fear of what could happen to her if her eyes even closed for a moment. Gosh, now, possibly even if she wanted to her senses may not even allowed her to rest. The one and only good thing Stephanie did for Tika was she helped keep her fed and hydrated, most likely to ensure good health of the child.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: On the third night, Tica witnessed a very ominous sight as Stephanie entered the room carrying a large metal bowl full of ice and carried six towels, some rags, two box cutters, and a knife with her.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, too much shit. She's like just getting the courage to have done this and do it again.
Speaker 1: Yep, fear struck her, But she was helpless in the whole situation, and she had her head wrapped in duct tape so she couldn't scream and she wouldn't be able to see what was going on. Wow, okay, yep, Stephanie began to start cutting as Tica laid there helpless. She began cutting at her pelvic pelvic region, not knowing what she was doing at all because she is no surgeon, And after a few minutes of trying, she started physically poking and picking and at Tika's open cut of fingers. Oh my gosh, presumably because she wasn't getting the job done. With the knives because.
Speaker 2: She has no idea what the fuck she's doing.
Speaker 1: Zero fucking clue. All the while Tika is awake and feeling.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, okay, this is almost too much. Okay.
Speaker 1: In the background, Tika remembers hearing the movie Michael Jackson's This Is It playing, and Stephanie would stop and rewind the movie in certain parts to hear him sing and perform as she continued to do her grotesque procedure. Really, yes, a very odd fact in this case, okay. So, like I said, Tica was feeling all of this the whole time, and eventually she would pass out from the pain and blood loss. And when she woke up, she was in severe pain, and Stephanie was lying in front of the bedroom door, sleeping in the fetal position. It seemed that again she was not successful, and Tika still had her baby.
Speaker 2: Holy okay, I cannot even imagine the shape that this woman is in at this point.
Speaker 1: Yep. So now what happens next is insane. It's not too clear on how her restraints worked in the situation with the duct tape around her face, or how she was restrained, or if she got them removed. Somehow. But we do know is she managed to roll out of bed, and she prayed all the while while she was saying, please just give me the strength. Slowly she crept towards the door and stepped over Stephanie, trailing drops of blood across her as she slept.
Speaker 2: Oh, she was sleeping there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Stephanie was sleeping in the fetal position on the ground in front of the bedroom door. Antika stepped over her, bleeding on her while she's sleeping.
Speaker 2: Well in men's pain. I can imagine how that? Could you keep quiet while you were doing that, when you were in this much pain?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and miraculously Stephanie didn't wake up.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Step after step Tica kept pushing, kept going towards the door, slowly making her way down the hallway. As she's doing this, her stomach and internal organs began spilling out into her hands.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, I'm not surprised though.
Speaker 1: Amazingly, she makes it to the front door and unlocks all three of the locks one by one. So they're not like key locks. Their locks to keep people from outside getting in.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yep, which is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So finally she managed to open the door to the apartment. She made her way outside into the hallway, where not too far she would pass out.
Speaker 2: Oh no, okay, please someone come. She woke up again to see Stephanie.
Speaker 1: Leaning over her.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, as.
Speaker 1: She began dragging her back to the apartment.
Speaker 2: You're fucking kidding me, as I'm pissed.
Speaker 1: Why don't you tell me how you really feel.
Speaker 2: I'm pissed because I was like, no, like she's going to make it out of there, like I really thought she was. This is this is horrible.
Speaker 1: Well, Tica was once again ready to put up a fight, and she began screaming bloody murder, which got the attention of a neighbor. Good, and he poked his head out into the hallway.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, Tika looked this guy right in the face and she screamed, please help me. She's trying to kill me, and she lifted her it's a navy blue colored shirt, so it wasn't showing the bloodstains, but she lifted her shirt to show her stomach to the man, and the man like probably went just ghost white seeing that, and he screamed immediately that he's calling the police, and Stephanie booked it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Thank goodness he fucking ran because I was like, now this guy's in danger, Like, what's how up and next? Here? Because this lady is literally something's I don't know. I don't want to but she's crazy. I don't know if I'm allowed to say that, but she's crazy.
Speaker 1: Something's not right there.
Speaker 2: That's something is really not right.
Speaker 1: But I don't know about you. I would not have made it as far as Tika has made it. No, I would have been dead long time ago.
Speaker 2: She's incredible.
Speaker 1: I am shocked, right, But I haven't given her the title you're thinking about just yet because there's a certain point.
Speaker 2: There's more.
Speaker 1: There's a certain point where I want to pin it on because it just makes it all so.
Speaker 2: Sweet because I'm like kind of been waiting. How is he not? How can you tell him? How is he?
Speaker 1: Just just wait for it, because there is one moment where it just it's it makes sense. So hold on to that thought.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So Tika was thankfully rushed into hospital and immediately went into emergency surgery. When she woke up, she had the sight of her husband PJ sitting next to her at her bedside.
Speaker 2: Oh and she just probably just melted like of happiness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was safe, she was alive, she was filled with joy. But one question plagued her mind the moment she regained consciousness the baby. What happened to her baby? What do you think happened to the baby.
Speaker 2: Has to live? Like I'm sorry, but the mom can't be that badass and the baby not lives like this, like this needs to end. Well.
Speaker 1: Well, just as she was about to ask this question, a nurse walked into the room the baby and congratulated her on the birth of her healthy baby girl. O. Yes, Tica and PJ named their daughter Miracle for obvious reasons.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, dude, that makes me want to so hold.
Speaker 1: The look on your face when I said that, like.
Speaker 2: Instantly, my eyes are just wandering. That's the most amazing thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Oh you're good.
Speaker 2: I'm good, but well I never expected that.
Speaker 1: So as for Stephanie, well, if you're not surprised to hear this, her name isn't actually Stephanie. Her name is Veronica Derrin Moose. She's forty one, and she definitely was not part of a company that helped less fortunate women.
Speaker 2: No, she's freaking horrific person. Yeah you think so? Yeah, Yeah, I think so as well. Yeah, I can't. I can't stop thinking a little miracle. I'm really invested in this one.
Speaker 1: Well, surprisingly, Stephanie or Veronica, I'll be calling her now. Surprisingly, Veronica actually called the police on herself and turned herself in.
Speaker 2: Really yeah.
Speaker 1: Now. A trial was held in November of twenty ten, where on a plea bargain she pled guilty but initially claimed Tika had actually agreed to sell the baby for five grand. Oh wow, right, what? I want to call her all sorts of names just for that alone.
Speaker 2: But I really think something's gone really bad for her.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely, definitely.
Speaker 2: What's her name?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Veronica?
Speaker 2: Veronica? Like so, I think that she's probably suffering from something pretty serious. But that's a pretty five grand. That's like a real shit lie there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I can't. I can't imagine what someone would have had to have gone through to, let alone contemplate actually go through with the actions of Steele an other woman's child.
Speaker 2: She came up with this crazy plan and went through all the steps and and you can even tell through the story obviously that she struggled with what she was doing. Because it took her too taught well two times and she didn't even succeed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I like, what would put you in that position? You know what I mean? What would say, Okay, I am traumatized to the point that I am going to cut open your stomach and take your child from you for my gain and think that's okay.
Speaker 2: And think that that's going to just end well.
Speaker 1: Or even if it does you do get away with it, How do you think you're going to live with yourself after that? Like, there's got like I can't imagine what someone would have to go through to justify that to themselves. So I do feel very bad for Veronica because I can only imagine what put her in that position. Yeah, however, she did do this act and it's like fuck you.
Speaker 2: You know, oh yeah, it was terrible. Yeah, And I'm just do you touch on how she ended up finding.
Speaker 1: Her like at this That just no, that's actually not something I have ran across.
Speaker 2: If I'm being honest, Oka's wild.
Speaker 1: It would have clearly have been through the shelter of some sort of way, But I'm not too certain how whether she was scoping it out or.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, yeah, or could even been like volunteering there or it just came across her or something. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm not too certain. That's not something I managed to find. So Veronica was found guilty of first degree assault and was sentenced to twenty five years in prison.
Speaker 2: Oh okay. I was wondering how long it would be because it's like murder assault, Like, I wasn't sure the difference in kind of time there.
Speaker 1: And I do think that this is something that hasn't seen a lot of like court time, like a fetal abduction. So I'm not too certain if there's like a standard on what the sentencing should be. So I would imagine that would have been a difficult call for the court process to do. Anyways, So on to the moment where I said that Tika has that moment to be given that title.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So Tika, at twenty nine years old, brought her daughter back into the courtroom to stand against her attacker, even though she was already proven guilty. She didn't need to stand up there, but she wanted to stand up there to show Veronica exactly who she was and that she didn't take her or her child. So Tika lives in an apartment with her family now in DC. They are no longer homeless and have turned their lives around, just as they said they would. And I want to quote something that Tika has said. She said this, I survived because I was coming to a point in my life where I started to love myself and respect myself and cherish life. I survived because of God and my support system. I know a lot of people love me, and I know that my God loves me. And like they say, God looks after babies and fools, and I had a baby and I was a fool.
Speaker 2: Wow, hey, so do you.
Speaker 1: Want to do the honors and give her the title?
Speaker 2: Well, I know with like literally just chills this one. H Yeah, she is one and ten percent like the badass of the day. More so I think, yes, she's a title bigger than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah she is. She's well, she's our badass the day, through and through. Like there's I don't know how I could ever even hope to do something like she has done, Not that I would hope to go through that, but like to achieve that sort of like bad ass or you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, No kidding, because I'm just thinking the amount of blood that she would have lost and the fact that she could, that she still could regain consciousness is mind blowing.
Speaker 1: I do think the fact that it was over the course of a few days helped her in that situation.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she had an initial assault where she probably would have lost quite a bit of blood, and then it was three days later where the second assault occurred. Right, So I'm thinking within those few days her body was able to help replenish the blood in her system.
Speaker 2: Okay, huh, I'm not too And because that chick I still can't remember her name. I'm for some reason can't remember either of her name for the life of me, which is fine. But she was, like you said, giving her food and stuff too, Yeah, because that would have helped, because if she had no nourishment in those days, then who knows how much she would have regained her strength and stuff.
Speaker 1: Right yep, Yeah, that's totally fair.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: So that is the tale of Tka Adams and her little baby Miracle.
Speaker 2: Oh I have never heard of this and that name. Okay, Miracle has literally like a badass mom. Oh that would I do? I couldn't even imagine what she would do to protect her like that's incredible. I mean, she already did. Gosh, she was protecting her at that time. Holy heck. Okay, so that my mind is going all over the place. This one I really am wasn't expecting.
Speaker 1: Why do I feel like as soon as these mics are turned off, the waterwork's going to turn on for you?
Speaker 2: I don't think they will. My eyes did water when you announced her name, because.
Speaker 1: They're watering right now.
Speaker 2: No, they're not.
Speaker 1: I'm fine, they're glistening.
Speaker 2: Fine, I'm fine. Everything's fine. This was a story that I just really wasn't expecting for some reason. I don't know why. I don't know why. Maybe I'm just emotional. Maybe it's an emotional day.
Speaker 1: No, that's totally fair. All right, Well, thanks for listening, guys. We appreciate you being here. If you guys want to check out our social ledia bibit our social media links there we go all in the description of the podcast down below. We got the good old Instagram, the Facebook, the Twitter, the YouTube, you name it. We got Patreon down there where we can sign up to a little bit of extra support if you'd like. If not, we appreciate you just being here just the same. So thank you so much. We seriously appreciate you even listening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was a good welcome back episode here.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was a heavy one, but it had a good ending, so I like it. Yeah. So well done, Thank you and of course until next time. Until next time, stay wicked.