Speaker 1: What a good album. This was so throwing copper.
Speaker 2: I interviewed these guys. They were super nice, but that was it for them. That album, was it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had a couple of more. When the Dolphins Cry or something like that, when the dolphins cry, throw I'm sorry. Of all the animals I picked out.
Speaker 2: Lightning crashes, the placenta hits the floor, it does. Okay, this is not an upbeat.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's pretty clumsy.
Speaker 2: That throwing copper. Because one of them rolled in to surprise their buddies on a drinking day and kicked the door in said I'm ready to throw some copper, as in, you know, firing their gun or something.
Speaker 1: And it great album. That's a great album. Name dude, speaking of throwing coppers cops rock a little later on today. Absolutely not throwing anybody, no, specially off a bridge. We're talking them off it. I know former firefighter now OMPD officer will praise him tomorrow. Matt Sanders Well mention the story today, but we Sander's gonna come on tomorrow ten oh five.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: This is one of the best CDs of all time. And then that's all they could do. There was another album afterwards it was pretty good. It is all right, but not like this yet selling the drama. I alone all over you. I mean good stuff. Oh, Placenta falls through the floor.
Speaker 2: Jim Waters will join us today at ten thirty five school Choice debunking the lies that have been said by the governor and Lieutenant governor.
Speaker 1: Including our newscast at the top of the hour. Yes, but sheher's just lying. What corporations are you talking about? Corporations are trying to take money out of your kids podcasts? Name one they'll do that later. Name one not right now, Name one you don't know and the other lot challenge them. Please newspapers yeah, radio stage, they watch newspapers.
Speaker 2: They won't do that, even though school choice will help Latino black and poor kids, which usually is what the newspaper is all in for.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what they're doing. So Jim Waters will come on.
Speaker 2: We're gonna book somebody almost twice a week until the election day.
Speaker 1: Not one cent will come from JCPS, not one.
Speaker 2: They will get the same amount of money whether they have ninety thousand students or eighty thousand students.
Speaker 1: Are you in the same money? Are you in a school now without an sro with fights. Are your kids nervous? Are they scared to go to school? Do they hide at lunchtime because they're gonna get jumped? You will have an option to go to a different school. Then JCPS can either fold or they can get better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every state in the country has school choice except for North Dakota and Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, you're with North Dakota. That's a great idea.
Speaker 2: So debunking the lies that have been said. So vote yes on amendment too. That's a fact.
Speaker 1: Just do that because it'll it'll help kids.
Speaker 2: Get out of situations in schools they can't they just can't stand and it's just a failing school and they will get to a school where they can blossom.
Speaker 1: Why are you afraid of competition? JCPS? No, it's not. It's not the money thing. You keep bringing it up, But it's not that. I tell you, who's afraid of Vegas is afraid of Marty Virginia Will Marty Brook Oh, eleven thirty five. We'll talk to him about this weekend's football games. Indiana's got a huge game at home. We'll talk about all that. I can't believe I just said that. Indiana has a huge game at home. When's the last time that's been said. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I've never said it ever on the football field ever. Then Friday, of course tomorrow ten o five, Matt Sanders from LMPD and then Sherry Donahues, she was one of the members. Fascinating story. She was the one were you out of town at that time? She she went to Purdue, she worked for the Navy. She worked for the Navy shipyard out here, not shipyard, but the weapons ordinance.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it was funny because she said when she first started in the early nineties, women were allowed on ships. So she was designing weapons and then couldn't go on the ship to tell the well to help and you know, help with the situation.
Speaker 1: I'm implementing the weapon on the on This is because the sailor's tongues would drop.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're in the service, right, so not in combat situation. So they women weren't allowed on Navy ships. It was like at any time, Yes, at any time. That seems crazy.
Speaker 1: So we'll talk to Sherry donahue, not about that, but we'll talk about cyber security in the election coming up November fifth. The sad news.
Speaker 2: One of the more popular bands of ten years ago, maybe the most popular band ten years ago.
Speaker 1: One Direction, the lead singer has passed away. Really he was he fell or was Here's the reports that someone pushed him off a balcony. We talked about this yesterday about cruise ships and how cruise ships more people are falling off cruise ships. This band sold so many songs in a ten year period, it was crazy. One Direction was the most popular. I don't know what the most popular song is. I got a bunch, But he was thirty one years old, thirty one. Didn't they open up for you too when they were here at the Cardinal Stadium. I don't know one of those bands.
Speaker 2: Did thirty one years old been pushed or fell from a balcony overseas? He was in the Caribbean somewhere, I think so. He's Liam Payne. Is his name, Liam Payne?
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: He's passed away. He died obviously from his injuries. We'll try to That story is developing, so just stick around there, okay.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately the One Direction was down. Yes, it was too soon, too soon. That's sad. But anybody under twenty five that's there, that's okay though, because the Caribbean law enforcement they're always on these things and they'll make a quick arrest. I don't know where it was, but I knew it was down south somewhere.
Speaker 2: Are we not going to talk about the woman that put her mother in the pot and was cooking her in Kentucky?
Speaker 1: Are we not going to talk about it? And they showed her picture. Yeah, and she looked like a woman who would put her mother in a pot and cook her. Yeah, there's no jury. That's not going to go yet with eyes with eye of nudes, yes.
Speaker 2: Kentucky State troopers responded and found a dismembered body lying behind the residence, along with a bloodstained mattress and blood on the back porch and to the threshold of the back door there were drag marks. This looks this sounds like a damn Netflix crime and punched.
Speaker 1: She was supposed to like living in California because she wanted to get into acting like it's like so many do. Then was in a motorcycle crash over some kind of head injury, and then chopped up and cooked her mom.
Speaker 2: The citation stated the body had its arms, legs, and head removed from the torso, and the spine was severed in half and the organs were removed.
Speaker 1: Well, it wouldn't fit in the oven otherwise.
Speaker 2: You know, usually I say, don't, don't claim crazy, go to prison. Oh this is definitely psych ward. The body parts inside had appeared to have been cooked.
Speaker 1: Oh cook, yeah, cook, okay, yeah, another tragic story yesterday. Welcome to louis of everybody.
Speaker 2: One hundred and twenty four homicide including I know, I'm sorry, the young man's not passed away yet.
Speaker 1: Three thirty in the afternoon, third in St. Catherine, Third in Saint Catherine, Old Old Louisville. Isn't that? Isn't that really nice area? Isn't that? Isn't Louisville. University of Louisville right there? And Old Louisville is there, which canna be a little sketchy in pockets, but mostly beautiful.
Speaker 2: Victorian homes man shot in the face three thirty in the afternoon, which debunks my rule of get your butt on the front porch at midnight.
Speaker 1: I've lowered that to ten pm. In Louisville these days, it's going to be noon pretty soon.
Speaker 2: Absolutely three thirty in the afternoon, So welcome to Louisville murder capital of the Midwest.
Speaker 1: Okay, I wish you were making that up. I wish I was. I mean, per capita, we have to be one of the worst right now.
Speaker 2: Well in Boston and Miami have less murders and homicides than we do by a wide margin.
Speaker 1: What are we doing? Come on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So the Mike Tyson Jake Paul fight. I've I've taken Jake Paul since the beginning. Everyone thinks I'm crazy. Vegas doesn't think I'm crazy.
Speaker 1: Mike Tyson had a hard time beating and not getting knocked out by substandard boxers. Yes, this guy's a pretty good boxer. Yes, he's younger, he's bigger, he's strong. Oh my gosh, Mike Tyson is fifty eight. Yes, he might die in the ring. I'm not making a joke. Mike Tyson in his prime against Jake Paul right now would murder him. Now what we are not correct at fifty eight? Correct? Not at fifty eight. He could get hurt. Here's the deal.
Speaker 2: They've made, rules, they've they've they're gonna prop each other up. I don't know if anybody's gonna go for a knockout.
Speaker 1: Oh is this going to be the dance like we saw with Mayweather?
Speaker 2: So there's rule That's what I'm asking. Is it gonna be like Wayweather? Remember Paul grabbed Mayweather and pulled him back up, Remember because he hit him and then he pulled him back up. So Mike Tyson, Jake Paul fight. So there are two rules that we know about. They're gonna go from ten ounce gloves to fourteen ounce gloves, okay, okay, And they're gonna go from three minutes to two minute rounds, which helps Tyson by a wide margin.
Speaker 1: And after three rounds, there's now what happened?
Speaker 2: Well, there might be naptime anyway, could be you go sleep now I punch you in face.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The last minute of each round is always where someone gets knocked down. You know you saved by the bell? Where that term come from? Because you're getting tired in that third minute. This is definitely the shorter round is definitely in Tyson's favor. Reducing the standard rounds definitely in Tyson's favor.
Speaker 1: The bigger gloves is supposed to benefit Paul, right, they had the gloves are heavier, but are they softer?
Speaker 2: I would think I would think if you are if you have a heavier glove that is going to punch a bigger punch than a ten ounce glove that I just I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Probably a bigger footprint for lack of a better term.
Speaker 2: Yes, Paul has impressive power. When he's knocked people out. It's been like George Foreman Eskcorre. It's like fump and the guy's done.
Speaker 1: And he's become a decent boxer. Technically, Yeah, he was just a braw to start with, and he's huge. He's huge again. Everyone Remember everyone was yelling at me, I can't believe you're taking Jake. Paul was like, dude, Mike Tyson is elderly. He's almost sixty. Remember on the Underdogs, people were convinced that Ronda Rousey could get in the ring and beat a mail box I know, and we all were like no. Turns out she couldn't beat no female wrest the next opponents female. A lot of MMA people too were her, take him down, get down low. I've been ma for years, you know nothing. Pencil neck okay, mm hmmm, still a girl. Floyd would be like, why you grabbing my ankles? What are you doing down there? All right? All right? So do we want to break again or do we Yeah, we can do that. Let's do that.
Speaker 2: We'll take a break again. We're having a little technical difficulties for your room is dead, completely dead. See we're not in the same room normally that.
Speaker 1: Room is dead. To me, it is we're in the same room again. I know, I know. It's just like old days back after this on news radio. Ah, a little bit of one direction, Liam Payne, Yeah, did thirty one? Did it thirty one? It is a birthday boy. He died a couple of years ago at eighty. But Jim Seals all of us sales and Cross Crosby Steals and Nash Crosby Seals, Cross Nash and Young Esquire. We are lucky to broadcast from four Street Live, which next door is the Naturalization Office. I assume. Yes. Once in a while you'll see people taking their oaths, becoming that's why they do it, becoming citizens the way it was intended to be done.
Speaker 2: They become US citizens, and the joy on their face I get. We get to see it every day. It happens almost every day, and a lot of times their kids. One of our large screen TVs in the studio. Dave and I have been in radio since the beginning of time, and we have always felt like monkeys in a in a you know, in a in a monkey ass cage because people just come and stare at you.
Speaker 1: But we have one giant screen TV that is a fish tank, so it really looks like a fish tank because the digital stuff is really Yeah, so the little kids come and put and they put their face to the glass because they think it's a fish tank. What's weird is we have we have fifteen hundred of them today. I don't know why new citizens really, Yeah, are you making that number up? Yeah? Of course I am. Alrighty is they're going to vote?
Speaker 2: Oh stop it, look at you. I can't wait for November fifth. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Tell me about it's only one outcum all right. I need a cigarette. I just I need.
Speaker 2: I need to make If I didn't do this job, I would have committed against social media anyway, I'd be off it. But I really want to say until November fifth.
Speaker 1: I'm not don't I'm not. You just keep that one eye open. You're like, let me peek a little bit. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: All right, So during the Miami versus Louisville game on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Well, first, before you do that, do we have anything new about the One Direction guide falling? He fifty foot fall.
Speaker 2: Apparently this was in Buenos Aires, and he sounds like he was upset, he was trashing his room.
Speaker 1: Rumors alleged he was.
Speaker 2: Trashing his room before he fell from the balcony fifty feet to his death.
Speaker 1: What is it with musicians and hotel room I don't know.
Speaker 2: Liam Payne, lead singer of One Direction, is dead at thirty one years old. One of the biggest pop bands, yeah, in the world. And obviously when he was doing it and at the height, he was in his twenties. So I don't know what happened or what's going on, but fell. That will be a lead story. There were rumors, at least on National News this morning. I heard someone again speculating that there was a They described a kind of a husky. I don't know where Dwight was a big husky person in the room that maybe you have thrown him off.
Speaker 1: But had a great, great personality. Yeah, he was a little husky, but sir is nice.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, guys. You never want to be never be. Oh, he's so nice kiss of death.
Speaker 1: Just move on.
Speaker 2: If you hear that sounds familiar. That's why you always I tell him what I tell you. Forget their name as soon as possible. They love that.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Have to have one to remember, that's right. Sorry, all right.
Speaker 2: During the Miami versus Louisville game on Saturday, obviously, Teddy Bridgewater from Miami is a perfect game to do this. They're gonna put his jersey up in the Ring of honor to join Lamar Jackson, Johnny Knights, Brian Brahm and more. Teddy Bridgewater jersey up during halftime at the Miami game here in Louisville.
Speaker 1: One of our favorite players NFL career, which I thought was promising, derailed by that horrible leg injury. I mean, never was quite the same.
Speaker 2: He really was Minnesota's answer and in face of that franchise because he did everything everywhere he went. He joined the community stuff, he did the kids stuff. That's why he's coaching high school football in Miami now.
Speaker 1: Because Teddy is just that. We got so lucky and oh Man, to have lucky, to have Teddy Bridgewater, Lamar Jackson, but to have Teddy who went to school here obviously in Miami Dade County. Yeah, which funnels a couple one hundred Division one prospects every year, guarantee it. That's not bad. No, that's not bad.
Speaker 2: And we all remember the Teddy Bridgewater UK game where he was Remember he was sitting in the bench because what is now maybe the best offensive coordinator in the country, the Trinity quarterback and now I can't remember his name, will Stein. Will Stein is maybe the best offensive coordinator in the country.
Speaker 1: And he was starting at U of L.
Speaker 2: So he gets hurt and we're all wondering, why isn't freshman Teddy Bridgewater, the four starter right quarterback from Miami starting And will Stein was a great quarterback. He was, he was good, but not Teddy Bridge. Teddy, he gets hurt. Teddy comes in. It's at Commonwealth Stadium and Teddy goes, yeah, we're winning this game. Two touchdown passes, boom, boom, they went. Louisville wins and they're like, oh okay. And then the broadcaster, the UK broadcaster ke on on the air that night and said, well, this is what you get when you pay players.
Speaker 1: Oh that's rich. I remember that one. That's rich. Oh come on, let's look at the invoice for the basketball team. Come on, and now you can do it. And who cares if he did, right, I don't care. Yeah, I don't care either.
Speaker 2: Reason one thousand why I'm glad I don't do sports radio happened yesterday. I just, I just I'm so. I can't believe grown human beings.
Speaker 1: The silly arguments they have every single day, grown human beings with kids, yes, and and they have jobs, they have responsibility, and they are arguing whether the picture the Louisville basketball picture.
Speaker 2: You know, they take one official picture at the beginning of the year, they did that. Yesterday, well one got leaked that they said was the official picture, and no one's smiling, and there was two different someone doctored the picture. There was two different jerseys like this the same number of jerseys, and and so all of Kentucky sports media jumped on it and was like, look at this, and everyone looks miserable. What a terrible star. No one's they don't even have matching jerseys. One of the UFL guys just took a picture in between the official taking the pictures and posted it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, I'm so glad I don't do sports radio, could you? I know we're talking about it now, stupid but pretending to care about the team photo. Oh my lord, what's interesting about the team photos? You look back in Denny's day, you have a whole bunch of players and a couple of coaches. Yeah too, Now you have more coaches than players. Yeah, they have a massuse or a masise. Well that's more than one massuse's They might have more of the one than one. Mm hm, you don't know that is David pad just still hanging around. They do have a massuse, did they really? We're a masise? Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So yes, I'm so glad that I'm not a grown man that have to laugh and argue over a team picture.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't get it, No, me neither. All right.
Speaker 2: The hunt continues for the killers for the Harvest homecoming. Bryce Gurlock was supposed to go play football next year in Division one.
Speaker 1: Marshall.
Speaker 2: A lot of events are happening up there in Courton, and it's just it's so sad to watch all of it because this kid apparently was very very popular, did a lot for his own community. So final home game is tomorrow night in Cordon it's going to be a special, special sendoff.
Speaker 1: I know people like to blame the guns. We got to blame the people that pull the trigger. Yeah, there are thousands upon thousands of guns in the wrong hands. Yes, people pull the trigger. They need to go away forever. Yeah, there's no doubt about it. You have forfeited your second chance by killing somebody. Yep. Bath and body Works upon apologizes because Becky loves going out on a soap hunt o seasonal soaps. She's got about ten different Halloween soaps. You gotta get those quickly. Those disappear. They I've never seen anything like it. It reminds me of the old Black Friday days where people would shove people out of the way. Jackie is the same way with Bath and body Works soaps and candles. Soaps and candles, the little three wig candles. She will go in there and buy twenty at a time. The bags have cardboard in the bottom. We like nine or six of them in at a time. We like the Tuscany candles at krogeruse They are usually about eight bucks and they have a bunch of Halloween themed ones right now. Tuscany. It smells like an Italian man is what it smells. I'll trust you on that. Bath and body Works apologizes because one of their candles looks like a KKK advertisement. Oh I saw that the apology.
Speaker 2: They cleared the shelves of these after people went, hey, what is this.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things where I didn't see that until somebody mentioned then I saw it. Kind of like the Kentucky logo with the Wi Wi in the mouth I.
Speaker 2: Know, strangely resemb white ku Kux Klan Hoods, the company that produces the candle, intended the photo to look like a close up view of a snowflake.
Speaker 1: It does not look like a snowflake.
Speaker 2: It clearly is not what came across, especially when social media got to anytime social media.
Speaker 1: Go hey, put some crying millennial with a man butt on the candle, then it would look like a snowflake. Name of the.
Speaker 2: Candle is snowed in, So if you want to, I don't even know if you, probably pull up a picture of it.
Speaker 1: Now they might have scrubbed it from.
Speaker 2: Social insurance in the news, but this snowed in candle has been removed from shells from Bathroom Bodyworks. Again, I don't know what Bath and body Works does to our wives. But damn it, they love that place. If there's the sale, it's like I'm going to I gotta go.
Speaker 1: Now. How does no one see that before it goes out for mass consumption? Not one person said, you know, I'm not seeing the snowflake, but what I am seeing. What I am seeing is something very white. Maybe their brains don't work like that, dude, that's true. Either're not thinking of the ku kux Klan. It doesn't look like a snowflake though.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean it's an artist, right, h But they said they're listening to the customer and they pulled them from the shelves. Okay, what did it smell like? Not like when is Paltrow, which I thought was legitimate.
Speaker 1: Called Chris Martin.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much meat we eat a year in this country, but the fact that there is a ten million pound recall ten million pounds?
Speaker 1: Wow? Of is this the boreshead stuff again? Yeah? Like lunch meat chicken Ham ten million pounds of product due to lasteria concerns. Okay, they were sold at get Ready Now, Walmart, Kroger, Trader Joe's, Publics, Aldi Target, Amazon Now. The last one did not affect our state, does this one? There was a certain plant that did not distribute to content Ucky last time.
Speaker 2: The USDA has a three hundred and twenty six page document. If you want to whittle through it, I don't think so, Okay, cliff notes, I'm just gonna throw the meat away just in case that sandwich isn't worth me sitting on a toilet, even though would lose about ten pounds pretty.
Speaker 1: Quickly, that's true, and your breath would be good. Yeah. Really. The products include though salads with the little chicken chunks and now you buy the salad the premium. We don't do bag salads. Yeah, whenever there can be a frog, or it's eight weeks old already and it's still kind of green. I know.
Speaker 2: But I got to tell you why when they make the little three for ten dollars at Kroger, when you just pull it back and then you turn over the cheese, the bacon and the croutons.
Speaker 1: And oh that's a plastic container made there, not the bag. Yeah, yeah, yeah, John Johnny from the News go ahead.
Speaker 3: To answer your question. The current the most recent boards had listeria recall does affect Kentucky because it affects Public's, Kroger and Target stores.
Speaker 1: I thought, oh and Targets.
Speaker 3: Yes, those are the three grocery stores in the state that they affect.
Speaker 1: It's probably good it is now. Lots of Pasta bakes their own ham and bakes their own turkey. That's true. They do have a couple of boris Head products. I'm not sure how that's being handled, but they do bake their own turkey and they bake their own ham in house. If you need to lunch, met, get your butt to Lots of Pasta thirty seven to seventeen, like since you rode in the heart of saving and get your tuna salad, get your chicken salad, get your family sized downtrees, your salad dressings, your olive oils, all of that, your coffee, lots of Pasta. Louisville dot com. I was running late.
Speaker 2: John knew it, so I had the station on and he goes, I'll stall for you. So then I turn it on and John goes, this is John Shannon WHS News And I was boy, he's dragging that out for me. I was a good job. Hey, I'm here for you guys, for the team. Thank you, brother, Thank you John for doing that for sure. And now for our Spanish speaking listeners, barquillo somnos as potos head on us one direction, wannas ares? Oh, man, what is thats South America? Where's bornis? Areas at Argentina? Is it Argentina capitol?
Speaker 1: Oh? You know, that's where of the Nazis, big city allegedly not allegedly, a lot of the allegedly as Hitler on the submarine to Argentina. I think some of the coolest stories ever are the Jewish soldiers that they put those teams together and said, oh, you want to go to Argina. Okay, cool, We're going to track you down. What's true stories. By the way, the.
Speaker 3: Movie The Boys from Brazil that had Gregory Peck in it was based on that true stories.
Speaker 1: To your point, yeah, man.
Speaker 3: To your point about Germans fleeing to Argentina, one of the greatest basketball players on the world stage came from there.
Speaker 1: His name was Oscar Schmidt.
Speaker 2: And by the way, our NASA program took a couple and the CIA took a whole buds.
Speaker 1: The CIA took old buds and the atomic weapons program.
Speaker 2: Russians took one half and we took the other half of the CIA.
Speaker 1: Guys, it was like picking a basketball. Give us a nuclear scientist, yeah us, give us the guy von Braun. I think I'm von Braunron.
Speaker 2: He's the He was the B two rocket, which we based an entire space program around. I mean literally had a rocket world War two. They were a little ahead of the curve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were having jets and rockets coming right at the end of World War Two. Yep, you didn't have enough of them to turn the tide though. Yeah.
Speaker 2: A lot of those scientists that worked for NASA said they were on planes, American planes, uh, you know, at the end of the war, and would see those things whizzing by and go, well, that's what we'll be doing in the next couple of years, right there. All right, short break, We will come back, Dwight'll be back on Monday.
Speaker 1: We're gonnaday.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry, Tuesday, and I've got finally got jury duty on Monday.
Speaker 1: We'll have another best of show on Monday, orchestrated by more. I don't know how much of a jerk I should be on Monday or just sit. Do you want to get out of jury duty or not? I do?
Speaker 2: I do because it's stupid. No defense lawyer wants me on their case back after this on NewsRadio eight forty WHS