Speaker 1: Somebody dot TV new meddle add a strong style.
Speaker 2: Saba Son, you're gonna ring in the bat water. You going over the top like talking about Salon. Well it's the laps fan Mann the one in the ring. Forget about Osada with a real king of swing when the bell goes in and the kick like men throwing in the corner with its rash like sting.
Speaker 3: Even Jerry King and take off the crowd nodded.
Speaker 1: In his head like his tean low Brown were just getting.
Speaker 3: Low down, goat even higher, flipping you on your head.
Speaker 2: But you no cool, drive more knowledge and dragon spits fire leave you more.
Speaker 1: Shock than when their tree tire dropping more truth than the con of sniper.
Speaker 4: Bless you with a Coca nut.
Speaker 3: Roddy Piper checking JP.
Speaker 1: He like j y D drop the cupcakes and got the brain boy means the best podcast Frost start to close, clown if you all better fit this floss sick and polls as play.
Speaker 4: Live is going to take the stage again. This time we're invading Times Square. There goes the neighborhood boss.
Speaker 3: Oh you're damn right.
Speaker 4: Doing live steps from WWF New York and The co Chairman Comedy Village August third, at noon, in no small part due to our partner in crime. In the past, when he's put the bat signal up, the co chairs have responded and taken a live stage at Philadelphia or Los Angeles or New York in.
Speaker 3: This case, all these fucking major major metropolis. This here, that's all we do. We don't do small venues. We only do the big cities.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, Vegas? Vegas was too small?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't have the residency. But Ray Goots is back with us here. You know him, You love them and Ray. First of all, how you doing? Long time no talk here on the airwaves?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know. How's it going, guys? We haven't done this in over a year, which is good to be back on the show.
Speaker 3: It's uh, it's it's it's crazy. Why do you keep doing this to us? You keep making us suffer here?
Speaker 5: You know, I think if SummerSlam wasn't the first two night extravaganza, I would have had this idea. But it's a two night extravaganza, and I don't know if people are going to travel for this because they're not doing a good job promoting it. But hey, let's give it a shot. You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't really know the degree to which kind of post those early post COVID years like twenty twenty one, the degree to which people travel to a summer slam. I guess we're about to find out. But fortunately for your co chairs, you know, we happen to have known over the years that we've got a really strong base in and around the area. For sure, we felt confident going going forward and going hard. So raking it. What can you tell them about what they're going to be seeing and what they're going to be experiencing. This is a venue you know quite well here Comedy Village in Times Square.
Speaker 5: Yes, so this venue actually opened a year ago and I helped the owner PJ, get it together. You know Times Square. We used to have in Times Square Carolines, which I was, oh yeah, which was famous venue. So many people started there, Mike bur Bigley, a Bill Burr, Paterrees O'Neill being cooked. A lot of people started there and it went out of business sitting in the twenty twenty two and at the time I thought, well, someone big is gonna come in and take a club, and nobody did. And my friend PJ was looking for a club, and I said to him, you gotta do Midpound. No one's doing Midpound. Everyone's all over the place. That's where the tourists aren't build up a year ago. It's a big success. He's got two rooms. You guys will be in the upstairs room, and it's said, it's the great thing about that club is you know now big names are going to come for a while. I don't. After he performed on Glengarry Glenn Ross, when Bill Berg got off stage, he immediately went to this club and worked out a special. So he was there every night for at least a month.
Speaker 4: Or two Hallot halls. So so wow, by the time we're done, he'll be the second most famous New England or to work the club.
Speaker 3: That's right, you damn right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, yes, three fifty two West forty fourth Street. For those keeping track, Comedy Village dot com to join us thirty five bucks, to drink minimum food and drink right. People can can make plans to satiate themselves in every conceivable way.
Speaker 5: Yes, so yeah, So the club has food bar like more like bar food, you know, but it has a full menu and they have drinks and you know, you're gonna want to get plastered. But the other great thing about this venue is the ease of access to it. And what I mean by that is, I.
Speaker 4: Mean they don't have to spend six weeks trying to assuage people's fears about getting to the Comedy Chateau.
Speaker 3: We don't have to. We don't have to create carpools and stuff to get up there.
Speaker 5: You know, I gotta tell you, you know, the Comedy Store is such a more I've I've learned now in the pastory is the Chateau is like the most reviled club here in LA.
Speaker 4: But especially after we were done with it, exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm kind of glad we didn't get the Comedy Store two years ago. Beca dude, I cannot find parking in West Hollywood. I was supposed to go there the other night. I was driving up and down, up and down. I think like the show would have had to start like three in the morning if we had gotten the Comedy Store three years ago.
Speaker 4: Wow, I just have to say, well, can you give me any tips? Boss? As a former Angelino?
Speaker 3: No, okay, so there you go.
Speaker 4: You are fucked. That is that's extreally clear. I do have to say, though, Ray, when you talk about driving around, I feel like a proud papa because close listeners will know that, really, the only reason you even got your license in the first place was that you could drive to Philly to book the venue for the co chairs.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, that was my first dig trip was to go to Helium because the GM blew me off and said maybe we can do it in August or something, and nobody cares about WrestleMania. And then I went to Punchline Philly and they believed in you. And let me tell you, I don't know. You know, I'm a year behind the podcast, so I don't know if you guys have talked too much about Philly. But Philly was beyond the home run. I mean we had one of the best clubs. I don't want to say the best club in Philly. It was the best best club in Philly. It was packed to the rafters. You guys put on a great show. I mean your show last year was probably better than WrestleMania. I mean it always is, but like that was a home run. That what you guys pulled off, what we pulled off, and the fact that Punchline Philly believed in us and they gave us so much support. I thought that, I don't know what you guys proud of that show. I was very proud of that show.
Speaker 3: I've certainly speaking absolutely, I mean in in so many different ways. I thought it was. It was such a great turnout. It was nice. It was a good, uh sophomore effort, I thought on on on all fronts. It was. It was nice to not have to not be completely freaked out, you know, the whole time, and you know, hoping to God we could make it on time, uh to the place, and uh, yeah it was. It was a great crowd. And honestly, you know, I'm I'm grateful. I'm grateful I got my voice back by the time that it all panned out. You know. That's that's still the horror show for me was just the idea of waking up with that swollen uvula that morning and I couldn't fucking speak.
Speaker 4: We k fab on that or do we clue you in on that? I don't remember when we got to.
Speaker 5: Filled me in on that. You filled me in on that, and I think it was because you guys were like into freezing cold while Rock walked to the rain for forty minutes right, it.
Speaker 3: Was yeah, I mean it was well yeah, I mean who I don't really know what it was exactly, but I mean, I'll definitely put the cold to part of it. But it was just it was just so weird to wake up like that. And I mean that was just a miserable, honest to God, without a doubt, the most miserable live experience ever had watching wrestling.
Speaker 4: Oh dude, it was so fuck it. And then and then to think they were going to Mini the next year, which of course they didn't, and of course it indoors I get it, but that was just It's all people could talk about in the needed aftermath was how cold it was. So we're just swapping out. We just swapped out the anxiety of having to run from so far while Cody counted his tears to waking up in a state of can we even do the show in Philly? So who knows what awaits us this year in New York. But we're proud to say that, you know, because it's closer to home turf. We're not even concerning ourselves with the biggest two night Summer Slam in history in terms of live attendance and met life We've been to Met Life plenty of times. Okay, we've got our run of the place. But we will of course be able to take the stage and recap Night one of Summer Slam and a preview Night two as part of the as part of the festivities. But yeah, Ray, that's great to hear about last year. I'm just personally speaking, it was. It felt like a total home run. It felt like a real moment where you kind of realize what ten years gets you, you know, right, yeah, feeling pain?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you know that's why, like this year, we're not going to have any any comedians on stage with you guys. I just think it's better that you guys just do your thing and maybe even members of the Solar System who you know, you guys know well can chime in and give their opinions and and and and give you guys something to talk about rather than because you know, most comedians were great, but every now and then you got a comedian being like, oh what was he talking like Vince or something?
Speaker 4: Oh, they have so much to learn?
Speaker 3: Do they do? They do?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So I think it's better like this is you know what this is? Like? This is like remember like Vince eventually went like Russell Badie, we don't need the celebrities. We're the celebrities. That's this, that's this year. That's the summer Slam Labs fan live show in New York City.
Speaker 3: Yeah listen, I don't listen. We're at the biggest party of the summer right there at the Comedy Village.
Speaker 4: I don't think MTV should buy w w F. I think w W should buy MTV. I think w should by w W Well, we're not could be too far from where they went public and put shares on the public exchange, right where they converted that that that year of year and years of goodwill and cash flow into into into Wall Street, Cheddar, we'ren't going to be too far from those tickers. That might be that might be a fun little uh uh uh unt little john down to Wall Street. And this is where Vince were a black turtleneck and rang the bell.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, oh yeah, that's right there. That that is. Remember they didn't they have like a ring. They had like a ring, Oh my god, did right.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it was right on Wall Street, but it wasn't far away. Yeah, they had some I.
Speaker 5: Mean you guys are gonna be very close to where Diesel and Lawrence Taylor did the lie workout.
Speaker 4: That's another good call. Look at that.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of there's a lot of good New York stuff there, you know.
Speaker 4: And I would be and doing the Coliseum Collection recently. I'd be lying if I told you that I did not write down the address that they used to give you in the Colosseum videos, like a mile away to save your letters and thoughts.
Speaker 5: I'm there. Yeah, that's that's true. That's very very true.
Speaker 4: I'm going have told us. But I'm sure it's a total ship house whatever it is. But that's that's what we're here for. That's what we're here to talk.
Speaker 5: Wasn't there a gym? I remember now you brought back to Colseum Collection and again I'm still catching up with everything with you guys. Wasn't there a gym in Times Square where Rodny Piper worked out before Wrestlemingia one and they filmed in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think no, But I think there's a gym in Midtown. Maybe Hulekgan and mister T worked out there, But I think that gym is still there in midtown, so you could, you know, still there and patribu to the Holster.
Speaker 3: See if there's any people remember, See if anybody who works there remembers. I do love doing that with with people, and see if they have any recollection of these monumental wrestling events that happened. And nobody does. Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, By the way, Gleason's gym is still there. That's still in Brooklyn. Johnny Rods is still a part of that place.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's wonderful. As they were still training wrestlers. I don't know if they you know, I don't know if you remember this, if this ever came up in the podcast, but Vince Russo trained with him for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Oh goodness.
Speaker 4: Yeah there's someone we should drop in on. But he's as far from the possible these days. He doesn't really he doesn't really associate anymore with the area. Too many enemies perhaps, I don't know, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 5: Too many enemies, but you know, he's never really you know, I said this, he's not a New Yorker. He's a guy from Long Island, like people from on Island and even this cityot Eddie Kingston, who's from upstate New York. He loved to go, I'm in New York. I no, no, you live in the city of New York, all right, but I watched you guys are New Yorkers, like I'm so sick of everyone. And then the youth had excuse me because all of Vincrusso's excuses why he didn't work out with Cornett. You didn't I'm a New Yorker. No, you got you're a fucking loser from Long Island.
Speaker 3: Hey, he's not wrong. He's not wrong in that. You know, you gotta live in a burrow, all right, you gotta live in a borrow, born and raised in a borough, then then you're a fucking New Yorker exactly.
Speaker 5: He's just he's another small town pump pumpkin, just like Jim Cornette looks all right, that's the same.
Speaker 3: You don't see Mick Foley going around saying he's a New Yorker, all right, he's a long he's a Long Island all right, a Long Island iced bitch.
Speaker 5: That's right. Yeah, dude, I got One of the reasons I left New York was just so many people I live in La Now updated case any LABS fan fans were wondering, just so many people like moved to New York and within a day they start calling themselves New Yorkers, and they start acting like they're the experts of the city.
Speaker 4: Really really a rough look, really rough.
Speaker 5: And I remember you guys are talking about that on the nine to eleven episode and JP nailed it, Like they come to New York and then they just make that their whole identity, living in New York, and.
Speaker 3: Then it's a miserable, nauseating it's nauseating.
Speaker 4: Yes, m it's very self congratulatory, you know, yes, you know, it's like I would move to New York and I'm in a running club and and I know a place that has good espresso. It's like, you know, that's enough. Okay, We've moved on as a society from having any cash angry. Okay, do you know how to keep your sanity? That's the only question. I'm glad you mentioned Ray the notion that you know, just more of an intimate time, you know, possible here with with the with the members of the Solar System, because that is something that that that's kind of been an identity crisis. You know, it's like we do these shows and everyone's here to see just a live version of us, just chopping it up. And it always feels like we owe the people so much more preparation than that. But I don't know. I think you're right. I think people just want to be able to wrap with us and hear top of mind when I hear the podcast taking the stage that you know that they do prepare some stuff, and we will prepare some stuff. Don't make any mistake about that. We can't help ourselves. But but you're a solar system. Remember you stepped up out of nowhere and put this on our plate years ago. What do they want? What do you think they want?
Speaker 5: I think I think the great thing about the LAPS Fan Live is number one. I'm assuming you guys are doing this. I don't want to speak for you, but this this will not be of recording.
Speaker 4: Right, That's where we stand. That's where we stand at the moment. Yes, it's people always need it so bad and we always feel so bad, but that's kind of where we have to listen.
Speaker 3: There is nobody above the law, that's right. Okay, that's that's the bottom line.
Speaker 5: But I think the great thing about going to see the laps Fan live is that you know. The great thing when I you know, because I when I was in New York and it's harder over here to do this, But I would go for two three hour walks just listening to you guys, right, and I feel like I'm in a room with my friends bullshitting about wrestling. These are conversations I would happen ninety eight ninety nine that my friends got lives. And but what I'm saying is like these conversations are very much like I feel like I'm part of a conversation with you guys, even though I'm not. You guys are like it's I'm a year behind as well, so it's a year ago, you're another part of the country. It is what it is. But I think being there live and not having you know, and I love these guys and I'm not pooping on them, but not having a comedians step over your words, where you guys can free flow and bring in the characters and lab Vince and laps Hogan and playoff whatever's going on that weekend, because I'm sure it's gonna be a newsworthy weekend whether it's a good show or not. That's up the need. It's gonna be a newsworthy weekend. I think you I think you know it's gonna be really fun to hear you guys in person freestyle bullshit. And I think you know the great thing about you two is I think of a fan. If you do a Q and A or a fan calls out something, it could take the show into a totally different direction. Yes, you know, yep, And you know, I just think there's when you guys are on, there's like nobody better.
Speaker 4: Do you remember JP when we were in Vegas for Star Cast two, Yes, and there came a point in the show where the lapsed Vince was let's say he was being heard but not seen, okay, And we took a mic out into the people and we asked them to ask lapsed Vince questions.
Speaker 3: I do I remember this, but I don't remember. Go tell me it, do it?
Speaker 4: I mean there were you know, I can't say I'm gonna recall an exact specific moment. As much as the general like people were like they loved it. And at the same time, there were some people there who I think half ascidly put their hand up and you're like answering questions about like if if Sasha is getting the correct push. What a moment to be in a situation where they missed the lapsed part of the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Right and they're asking like legit questions and it's like, what, I don't believe.
Speaker 4: Why aren't you pushing? I'm like, you know that's not vincent.
Speaker 5: I don't believe you correctly predicted Cody Rose would go.
Speaker 4: Back to that was show one before, but he made several predictions on that one too, that that will come to fruition eventually. That was the night after John Moxley went to a W that was the Double or Nothing weekend, and so he had a lot to say, especially about Brett coming out with the a W championship, and then his ass ended right back under that that tightening is you better believe he's he's fee he's feeding again. He roll his eyes at Triple H. But when they're in Calgary and the phone rings, guess who's on Guess who's on a plane?
Speaker 5: You know I you know, I wouldn't be I don't know if he's coming up for the weekend. I would not be at all surprised that he was at the Goldberg Manches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll be watching closely.
Speaker 5: Are you guys loving Jesse Venturn commentary as much as I am?
Speaker 3: By the way, I I definitely. I I think I think even when he's his most annoying, he is a breath of fresh air on on on on commentary because he just talks circles around these clowns who have no idea what the fuck to do, and he's bringing up it's like, you know, they're so they're so you know, sucked into their into their stupid storytelling that they forget that there's like real shit that that actually makes real sense that he's calling out and they have no idea what to do with that. They have no idea what to do when a referee fucking makes a mistake, or when you know, when someone when when a wrestler does something bad to somebody else who just did something bad or whatever, it's like, you know, they have he's got, he's got no again and no matter how annoying, and he can get annoying on commentary, no question, but just to hear him like he's got such a keen eye for catching a lot of stuff that I, you know, I feel like people like Michael Cole and that fucking idiot football player have have been trained to not notice, you know, and it and it and it's it's it's almost like, oh, yeah, this is what real people fucking think when they fucking watch this ship.
Speaker 5: One of the greatest moments I think was the Drew McIntyre walking I mean, I'm sorry, jamiean priest walking out of the cage and the fact that Jesse just went on how stupid he thought he was, and Pat mcavee and Michael Cole did not know how to respond to him. They it's almost sounded like robots malfunctioning.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was.
Speaker 5: It kind of exposed how I mean, we always we always know it's how fake the product is. But the scariest thing to me is a lot of young fans were like, why is Jesse pulling out this on the storyline. He's rooting the storyline, and it's like even the fans don't know how to react when someone's a human being for thirty seconds on ww television.
Speaker 4: That's such a true point. I mean, they because they all think that somewhere along the line they'll be they'll be brought in under the tent, you know, right, They think one day WW will fuck them.
Speaker 5: You know, WW will have the on the pre show like they did with Sam Roberts.
Speaker 4: I mean, not even that, even just you know, give them a little boost on socials where you know, all of a sudden they drop a comment defending the E and then a bunch of people follow them or their engagement stats go up, and then you got that and forget it. They're just you'll never see them in.
Speaker 5: The video video.
Speaker 4: That's another huge one. You're damn right about that.
Speaker 5: Showing people react another way to control the fans, because now everyone's making fake reactions to everything that is so true, screaming when our truth comes out. I know that you've seen the guy now for forty seven years.
Speaker 4: You know, we talk so much about how much shame and pain is involved the being a lifelong wrestling fan of our vintage and being steps from the guard, and will really I think drive it home in a lot of ways coming up August third, But we think back to those days and one of the things you could always say about wrestling announcers, the television announcers is that as silly as the general public considered that the violence, as foolish as they considered the pretend fights and the pretend characters and all of that. The announcers were allowed to comment on things in a way that was part of the show, but somewhat ironically distant from the show, so that you know, as much as someone would have made fun of you for being a wrestling fan when you were a kid in the nineties or the eighties or the seventies, they wouldn't, I would wager make fun of the announcers in the same way, because the announcers, while part of the circus, were allowed, like a Gorilla Monsoon was allowed to call something out that happened in the ring that was a miss, that was unflattering, that wasn't part of some you know, pre decided fabric of how we weave our Disney style storytelling to a crescendo. You know, these sort of like and all it is is heuristics. All it is are these like these memorized beats and patterns of things that have worked before that they're trying to systematize. They're trying to make it seem like because one angle got over once that that's like a blueprint as opposed to just what was right at the time for the wrestlers involved, and so you know, you get you get four thousand attempts at Savage and Ran Savage and Elizabeth as we just talked about in the costume collection, yep, and just you know, oh yeah, very rareer the performers, they're gonna be able to rise to that, and even rarer other performers who have kind of the backdrop of legitimate you know, tension and fear that existed come to find out between Randy and Elizabeth so that it really penetrated the camera in that way. Rare is the case of a Jake Roberts who has been through so much crazy shit in personal trauma that he can actually channel real pain in front of the camera instead of playing a character that's been through pain.
Speaker 5: Brother right, well, I mean, I mean, I think one of the one of the biggest things that the biggest story of this year, and I think Hull Hogan should be very happy this has happened. Is the other failure of the John Cena Heiltern and how much it makes the Hull Coogan He'll turn better retrospect when you think about the fact that Hull Coogan was the most successful wrestler on the planet. No one can argue nineteen ninety sixties the most successful elsort ever lived. He turned his back on everything everything he did, He did everything different, and he kind of forced Vincent Man. I mean, you go to the ausoling, but because of the success of ww Vince had to change his whole business strategy. And John Cena is terrified, terrified to go against anything he's ever done. He has, He's you can just see the doubt in his face every time he cuts a promo. Yeah, it has been one of the biggest failures I've ever seen in wrestling, the John Cena hill turn. I can't believe how bad it is every week. I'm shocked how worse it it gets every week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, going into Summer Slam in the rematch with Cody, he's been carefully threading this needle to such an absurd degree that we're all just sitting here wonderingly, what is what is this? Besides we're just waiting to see if Seena has come up with six more singers this week, and he'll get thirty times the promo time of anybody else, and we'll go, oh, and that's that's it. That's what we're watching. John Cena for after all these years. I don't know. Boss Sina said not too long ago that after he turn heel, he's here to ruin wrestling, and I'm looking around, I think he's succeeding.
Speaker 3: I think, I mean, yeah, I mean, there's there's there's no question about that. I I I, I mean, I can't you know, I don't watch it. I don't watch you a week to week. I don't know what the fuck is going on. We tweak, you know. I completely even forgot that it's supposed to be Cody and Sina at SummerSlam, which I think is the biggest mistake they could possibly do. I think it's so it's just such a waste of everything. I mean, I I've been saying, Ray I, I've been saying from from day one that that that that Codence should be back, shouldn't have come back till after Summer Slam, that he should have been gone the whole summer and not come back until after Summer Slam, and let Sina, you know, essentially run amuck. Not that he would have run a muck, but it would have been great se him run a muck and then and then you know, Cody comes back and beatsn end of the year sort of thing. But you know, have him back. I mean, just don't see what the fucking point is. It's like it just I mean the.
Speaker 5: First match was so was so one of the worst rustling I mean, especially after last year. I mean, see what you will. Roman and Cody had a pretty good match, even the year before he went that horrible finish. They had a good match, and then this main event was just I mean it was something out of WCW ninety nine scene. The scene. I mean, I was shocked how bad it was. I'm like, well, it's gonna be not that great, but it was. I don't I just see other thing. I think people in not admitting scene that just can't move anymore.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, that's a huge part of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I mean he makes Kerry Funk in his sixties look like a twenty year old right now, you know. I mean it's crazy and the same thing like I'm watching him and this is another guy who's benefiting. I said to my friend, remember how much Rick Flair moved so much better at his age than he's moving right now. I Mean, it's just crazy how he's he's not delivering on the promos, and he's certainly not delivering in the ring, and I think it's almost like I would almost end it at I would have to retire.
Speaker 4: That's when we put this match on the board. That's what I thought they were going to do. Interesting, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm sure though I'm not sure, But where my head's going is in the middle of the match, Sina will somehow realize the error of his ways and not reciprocate and not hit Cody in the head with the belt and knock out somebody that you know is more evil than he is, and then do a couple of baby face programs to write off into the sunset. And I don't think I was always the plan, but you just have to damage is being done here, Like seem Punk's not going to be the same. Yeah, Seampunk went the same thing La Night went through when he lost to Roman and Versaudi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I I it is that bad, huh, Like Seampunk is really suffering from well, I just I just you know.
Speaker 4: The big thing ever since he came back is when is he finally gonna get a title shot? And this is how they did it. Yeah, when ninety percent of the story is John Cena saying things that Phil Brooks wouldn't want him to say, Like that's really how you leverage the fact that like one of the fewtuips you have left to play is seeing Punk finally wins the big one.
Speaker 5: I don't know, and you know, you know, I keep forgetting how long ago twenty eleven was, but it was a long time ago, and that feud is a lot of people's childhoods, who who have become laps or whatever, you know, like their version of lapse, and to bring it back, I think it meant a lot to a lot of younger fans. And I know for a fact that my friends just felt utterly miserable and betrayed about how the fact that they had in Saudi Arabia and the fact that it was that dad of a match and he stopped watching again, and it's like, man, this could have been something special and you blew it.
Speaker 4: You know, it's it's going to go down as a very strange, complicating legacy thing for John Cena, I think. And well, Boss, it's not like we didn't call.
Speaker 3: It, no, I mean, that's that's been since day won They they have they have screwed the pooch on this fucking on this heel turn. It's been there.
Speaker 4: There are two or three things that John Cena needed to be willing to do in terms of character for this to work, and if he wasn't willing to do them, you don't do the heel turn. And it's factly been vindicated in that regard. I mean, I'm not trying to say that the business is down to zero, but Cody is so cold now. As a result, Punk is colder now anyone that's cross Sina. Randy's stayed kind of hot. But Randy's always going to sort of be, you know, he always gonna float right beneath that top level. While sorry, why you can't hurt him, he also can't help him all that much to get him over the top to be somebody that, you know, really is the main attraction on the product. He just never been that guy, and I don't think he's ever going to be that guy.
Speaker 5: But go ahead, Ry, Yeah, no, I'll tell you. Also, I did god effect about this is jay Us.
Speaker 4: Another great exent.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, I went to Vegas at the last second, my friend the ticket.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Did go and Jays came out a night one and do you get I don't know how it came across on TV. I'll be honest when I when I'm on TV, it's it's torture watching this guy walk out. But live in the building, it is a party and everyone was going with nuts. And when he won the belt, and I said to my friend, because the crowd is dead for like two hours, I'm like, I go, like, they should have made him wait to win the belt. This guy is kind of like when you see it live, You're like, I think this guy might be the guy. I know, like a lot of older fans don't like it. I don't like it, but he might be the guy. And they've also kind of like downgraded him for the scene of push and for the gun through Push, and now for Goldberg, the Goldberg could actual retire to match without the belt. You know, you've just kind of cooled down a lot of people with this heel turn. And again, it's not like you had a blueprint of how to do it right and how to do it wrong. With hold Hogan, you had the blueprint of how to do it right at the start and not not to fuck up like they did with at Star K ninety seven, and they just I mean, if Hogan fucked this, he'll turn up this fast, he'd be a face by January ninety seven because he would have been like, this doesn't work and I'm going back to face. It would to rout his legacy. I mean, it's legacy is already ruined. But you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But I mean, you know, the the key thing with Hogan though, and I mean, you know, it comes down to they when Hogan turned heel, what also made it effective? Like if he came back out, if he came out the next you know, two weeks or whatever it was after after Bash of the Beach and Hogan came out in the red and yellow, it would have been a complete disaster. It's a very simple thing. Sena needed to change his entire look.
Speaker 4: And they at the box, I was saying, if he's not willing to check that box, yeah, that's it's a non starter.
Speaker 5: It's well rollins changes. Look, he's still doing this stupid singing and he's the supposed to be the biggest heel in the company as besides seeing them, you know.
Speaker 3: It's just you know, he he I mean, we we said it that he should have come out completely different. He should have come out shaved head, completely bald, full beard, in a suit and just you know, the the the antithesis of what we think John Cena. Because the funny thing is is that, you know, the the he comes out and he says, you know, I'm not going to change because you know, because you guys want me to change, so I'm going to stay the same. And it's like, well, not exactly anymore, because the people who you're actually getting, you know, who are excited about you, are people who liked what the way you look like you you actually need to change to get them to dislike you.
Speaker 4: Like you think. There's that much layers to the fans reaction to you that they're thinking, Okay, this is the exact same appearing John Cena that I cheered for twenty years, But I'm going to boo him because he's dressing that way because I want him to dress differently. No, these people go to one show a year, and when John Cena comes out, if he looks like the John Cena they remember cheering, they're gonna cheer him to act like they weren't cheering johnsena wildly for ten years before. This is so stupid, the music, everything. I mean, Jack and I said from the beginning, he after he turned heel, he should have been off TV. He should have been off TV until WrestleMania, not with single promo. And you know that was obviously also before the whole you know, when Rock was supposed to be a part of it, and you know we were like rock should come out, and I believe that rock should come out.
Speaker 3: Every time that they that they advert.
Speaker 4: Somebody else that this John Cena hill turn fucked all up.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he he does. He ruined it completely. It's really his fault when it comes down to it, because you know, if John Seen, they advertised John Seen to come in all these different places and then he know shows and Rock comes in and is his is his mouthpiece, and it would have been phenomenal to have him come out and be his mouthpiece and say that John's too busy to come out. John's too busy to make these appearances. He had he had a last minute movie deal, like do the whole Hollywood thing, and they and they just didn't. They just He's just John Cena being a dick. And that's not fun, you know, and that's not interesting.
Speaker 5: He's a lapsed fan wrestling podcast with Jack and Carno and JP Soorro.
Speaker 4: He's the lapsed fan wrestling podcast.
Speaker 5: The other mistake that made is if they knew for a fact like Rock's not coming back, Sina should have if you're gonna have seen it come out immediately, have seen it kind of right off the rock, be like, you know, hey, I'm done with the Rock, you know what I mean? Like, I don't know how you would have had him to say it, but make it clear the audience the Rock isn't coming out again, because I think I think the other reason that hurt Russell MANI is people are waiting for the Rock.
Speaker 4: Of course they were, yeah, because that was part of what was magical. I mean, look, you said before Boss on this show, you know I haven't watched week week in weeks. Go back to our live call. Speaking of live calls, go back to our live call of Elimination Chamber when Seena turn heel. It's a top TLF moment when we react to that, And as you're sitting there, are you telling is there a chance that you're watching week to week because they did something that monumental. Yes, yes, yes, I mean there's not a fan of complain that you would stop watching after that. I mean it was so if to be completely honest, the next morning and I never do this, and you know, we're hungry.
Speaker 3: I was hungry. I was hungry for more and I were hungry again, yes, and I was, and I was looking for all, you know, information I watched the morning after Elimination Chamber. I sat watching the goddamn uh press conference after because I wanted to. I wanted more information. The first time I've wanted more in so long I can't even say with the last time. I really wanted that much more where I even sat through Paul and his fucking press conference for God's sake, and like, and that was it. Like I was really really excited. And and then I got excited about the idea that he better not show up on television, because that, to me, was much more exciting. Hogan didn't show up on television for a while, and I think that would have been better if he just was gone, and it would have created so much intrigue. In the first time we see him is when he's coming down for his championship match against Cody Rhodes ough been great.
Speaker 4: I stand with hol didn't started to coming out every week. It started a weaken as that's Hogan in general. After I turned to Betch to the Beach ninety six, you didn't he showed him like two weeks later, weeks later and he was gone for three weeks and he was back because he's over you, you know. But now no scenes has got merch to move. And you know how how ironic you go from wanting more for the first time in memory yep, to we're not even considering going to Summer Slam as part of our August third live show at Comedy Village in Times Square.
Speaker 3: And you know, the irony is that the merch would have sold. It's like seeing if this is whether he's wearing it or not. Nobody gives a shit. You can tell him like you can. You can post all these things on so many different more you know, places to sell a T shirt then than just on him wearing it on TV.
Speaker 4: He listen, he turned heel and he comes out every week wearing the Farewell Tour short shirt for your city in the colors of your local football or baseball teams. That's that's what they went with and it's just a disaster. It's a disaster in his fucking stations. Everyone would buy it. It's like, you know, I think about it like this. I remember when Rock was you know, back in my two thousand and Rock was telling the T shirts that finally the Rock has come back to whatever your city is on the back of his shirt. He wasn't wearing that fucking shirt on television. He wouldn't wear that, but everyone was buying it. The same fucking thing, the same thing.
Speaker 5: You don't mean, block lesser at Suplex City shirts in every arena, and I remember going to some shows people were buying them. He didn't walk out with those shirts, just walk out with That's only a few years ago, and that's when the show was still garbage and they had that figured out. Some reason, they forgot how to do that.
Speaker 4: It's why people keep turning to us like a flower to the sun, you know, because no matter how much they think this thing's back on the rails, they'll eventually do something that will remind you that the superstructure of our modern situation will not allow wrestling to be as good as it used to be, not as enthralling of a viewing experience as it used to be, not as anticipatory of a thing, but more of just like a debate society Twitter game, you know, which you know keeps fan interest and holds it. But not only people aren't even people aren't even waiting for moments. They're trying to make moments. They're trying to call everything epic. They're trying to call every woman who works in the business iconic. And they're trying to just decide before anyone decides anything, we'll have any staying power that what we just saw was amazing and phenomenal, and maybe I'll be this this wrestler's favorite fan. It's a strange set of affairs. It's why we're lapsed. It's why we're taking the stage at high noon in August third at the Comedy Village three poin fifty two West forty fourth Street. Your coach chairman just gonna chop it up with you. Buy a ticket, Let's chop it up. Let's come to terms with the fact that we can't fully sever ourselves. You ended up going to Mania Ray that's the lesson. Yes, tell me why you And what does that say?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, it says that like when the push came to shove, I was just like, I gotta be there.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what I realized. I don't think WrestleMania is meant for TV anymore. I think it's more like it's basically going to a festival. Like the matches all sought. But we had a great time because we were just there hanging out in the town and stuff, like, you know, we went to the Sinos later and stuff. But yeah, yeah, it's a disease. It's a disease, and the disease continues Summer Slam.
Speaker 4: You yeah, you know, sometimes you got to go see a doctor, you know, if you're dealing with a chronic disease.
Speaker 5: But I will say this, let me just say this to the to the fans. If you are a fan, if you are someone a lapse fan fan, and you have a ticket the Summer Slim, you can't let it go and you're like, oh am I going to be able to get to the stadium in time? You are, Yes, you're right by the New Jersey Railroad. That's that right underneath Mass Square Garden. You're gonna get there in three seconds. Now, how are you going to get back. I don't know. Hopefully they resolve the problem, but a disaster, yeah, you will be able to get there if you do want to. And I you know, and I think if you are going to Summer Slam, if you don't like blacks Fan, you should go to this party, get drunk, enjoy the show, then go to Summer Slam and complain about on the internet. Because I'm scar.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. You'll enjoy SummerSlam better afterwards, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Yes, So it isn't it scary that this is like the biggest risk. I think this is the biggest risk they've ever taken with the Summer Slam brand name. And we have no idea what the card is. It's a less than a month away, and it almost feels either just gonna have ass will be put together the card.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not only not only do we not know what the card is, but we don't even have any matches we feel like are being set up for SummerSlam.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't have like anything that we're excited about. Like there's no like, well maybe seam Punk could fight this guy or so, you know, it just feels like they're just gonna do this to do it, and I don't know I would have. I would have been punning seeds for the show as like back in April.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they would have too. But the problem is we we we were in full reaction mode to everything AW does, so we're we're not in control of our booking anymore because we have to come up with all these bullshit dates to counteract anything they put on the schedule because you know, we're so much bigger than they are. That's really been a bad luck this year. I don't know if it's Nick Con, I'm sure it's some people Triple Ah. This is a bad situation where they're trying to like flood markets like wherever they go and just like like nip at their heels, like, what are you guys doing.
Speaker 3: Ruining my life?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: God, it forces them to book things on gates that make no sense. There's no reason for Goldberg's retirement match to be on fucking Saturday nights main event other than the fact that they need something that's going to make people watch that show instead of All In.
Speaker 3: And there's no reason to have fucking four fucking you know, non premium live events on a fucking month for God's sake, wor Basically.
Speaker 5: There's three pay per views this week in w W. I mean, if you counts, I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't XP.
Speaker 5: And the thing about the crazy thing about is that AW hasn't been particularly good this year, I think, so for you to be going this nuts against them, it almost takes people who don't watch AW be like, am I missing something really good this year? Why are you doing this? Like? I kind of think you kind of just let Tony confole in his face Bike, You don't need to do anything, You're right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well are you afraid to let them have a night?
Speaker 3: To them? Else? Like? It makes you It makes you really really think honestly, it makes you think, who's really pulling the strings back there? I know, because this sounds like a lot like somebody else who supposedly is not in the company anymore.
Speaker 4: Who might just be like who might just take the stage August third, who likes to be honest?
Speaker 3: Ship I I I picture the text that go but that go on Okay, a lot of a lot of one letter words going on to a lot of different people back there, putting, you know, pitting people against each other in in the w WE. From one one individual who's getting his dick.
Speaker 5: Sucked the whole cm Punk John Cena build, and that match felt like Vince book the whole thing. It didn't feel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well wait, when Sena came out, well, pardon me, when Punk came out dressed as thug life John Cena, I was like, Nope, that's it. We've lost someone's lost their grip. Someone has just capitulated to Vince somewhere somehow, Yep, yep, yep, because this.
Speaker 5: Is stuff Fence would have made him do. How'd he come back in twenty nineteen? This is all stuff Fence would have made this guy do.
Speaker 4: He make him do is exactly right, make him do? And that's where we're at. And yeah, but you know, and if you've been following us, you would know that that's where we could end up. But there's there was a lot of denial along the way because for maybe for eighteen months, Vince took his eye off the ball so that he could not go to prison. And so triple H could you know his his action to figure Federation.
Speaker 3: I was never going to go to prison. Never I knew that I already paid off the police, I own the courts. Listen, I'm in the White House.
Speaker 5: I mean the fact that is a podcast. Now, let's just kind of feel like they're putting all the pieces back together.
Speaker 3: Let's not forget I am in the White House.
Speaker 4: Now, wrong, stop the one he's lying.
Speaker 5: No, I got it. I think that one of the things we're going to find out years from now is that he was giving Trump advice every step of the way, every step of the way. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it's been published and it hasn't been retracted that you know, Vince was one of the few people that Trump would take his call and like leave the room in the middle of other meetings.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Very simple, very simple, folks. It's this American work. It has been right since the beginning. And who's had their finger on the pulse the whole time? Your fucking co chairs and and and where do you need to be to get under the hood and get get sort of like a you know, a closed circle. Uh, come to Jesus assessment of what the hell is going on? August third, exactly August third, Comedy Village. You already know what it is. It's a New York state of mind. I don't want to let you go ray without asking you other element of what they're doing now, and they're doing it again SummerSlam weekend. I heard about it right around the time that I feel like we decided to do a show curiously enough, and last time it was much the same. What did you hear about the roast of WrestleMania and this idea that they should try to do what we did in La.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you? I said to people, they got this idea for a Musc and Laps fan. And some people are like, no, because they don't understand that people listen to you. Guys that shouldn't be that probably don't admit they listened.
Speaker 4: To you, especially within Yes, Yes, And I was.
Speaker 5: Like, they could have been doing this for years. They could have been doing something like this, and they never thought of it until we did it. And let me tell you something. You guys packed out that chateau. You guys packed it out, and you proved that a post WrestleMania event can work. Suddenly, now they're doing it with Tony Hank Cliff. They're doing it again, by the way, Saturday night in New Jersey, Tony, I listen did you I sing the audio the roast? Did you listen to the audio of the roast. I feel like that deserves like a whole.
Speaker 4: To a good amount of it. That's that's coming, and it's coming hard.
Speaker 5: The thing about roast with wrestlers, and the thing is is that they think that they can take choking around, but they can't. You got the Paul Haymond just is livid and angry and he's yelling at Gabriel Glesa, who by the way, Grega Glazers the guy sold out Dodger State and all by himself. He's a massive star. And Paul Haymen is screaming at him like he's a bus boy and it's not funny, and it's it's very uncomfortable. It actually made me.
Speaker 4: The insecurities come out big time when they're on the stage with somebody and more interesting than they are big time.
Speaker 5: Yes, between Hayman's reaction to that roast and him not really commenting when Sabu died and the way Sabu died, I really want you guys, and I know JP's gonna get god No to a deep dive on E. C W. And I guarantee you there's something there that's gonna expose Paul Hayman and send them to prison because I can't stand this fucking guy after that fucking roast. He's a fucking comment. He fooled all those guys. He basically, you know, he was Vince's bitch the entire time. And I have a theory now, and I don't know if you guys ever have ever said this, but if you notice, CCW came along and he got into a e c W when Vince was on trot, and sometimes I think Vince put him there. Maybe you guys think I'm crazy, Maybe some ECW fix but he sold everyone this bullshit lifestyle and this bullshit and he had some of these guys mortgage their homes. Uh Tamulin sitch when the credit card and it was all lies. It was all bullshit. And the moment the con was no longer good, he ran to raw and he's been sitting there ever since. We gotta pretend this guy is a good promo. We gotta pretend this guy gets anyone over. He gets nobody over. Rock Leicester would have been over with her without him anyway. Sorry, what about All Roman need to do is turn heel? How did he was just stand there like a fat pig?
Speaker 4: What about Curtis?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're all Curtis Axel, remember they put him with Czarro and there was but he is such I uh. And then and also when he yelled at somebody at the Pack mcavee and the fact that Knight wanted Russell and he ended with him, I just like.
Speaker 4: Fucking Deck at the Hall of Fame. I was like, this guy is kind of losing it. Yeah, there's some wall closing in somewhere in this guy's life.
Speaker 3: Listen. He believes his own hype and that's a problem.
Speaker 5: But I really do think that he spent You know, so many guys, including Saboo, suffered and died because of ECW and none of them knew that he was in Vince's pate ok at the entire time. And to me, it's like he and he's never really done anything to make it up for these guys. I don't I don't know, do you guys agree with me with this? I just the longer time passes what he does.
Speaker 4: I think he thrived in an environment where all those guys also thought. I mean, you know, with the exception of the mid to lower card guys who would get no other work in the business, and so they really had to wear that thing on their on their sleeves so they could get work. Saboo was just as much of a manipulator as anybody else.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: That's why that's why I think he and Paul butted heads so firmly, was because Saboo thought he could out manipulate Paul, you know, and yeah, and kind of play him against others and and and and take bigger paydays and have Paul come come crying back, which you played pretty much did what you pretty much did. You know, Paul had to do a lot of verbal gymnastics to make it seem like it was sort of his good graces in the ECW fan's decision to bring back Saboo as opposed to him really really wanting seb I mean, Sambo at one point made the remark, I remember hearing he rate made the remark that, you know, Paul's kind of got like a homo erotic thing for me. It seems like because it's like this these ties that bind that should have been snapped, and all the way through to you know, the resurrection of ECW and WWE and Paul, you know, counseling Sabo, as we talked about on the tribute on how to get Fonsie in how to Get the Best Payday, pushing him pretty strongly on sci Fi when Paul had some semblance of the book over there. So it wasn't like, you know that re relationship disintegrated to the point of no return. But I just think that, you know, it was a great environment for someone like a Paul Hayman to operate in because he was he was dealing with people who hadn't succeeded more than he had, and so you know, he was able to he was able to match them wit for wit and trying to get more out of them than they were really being fairly compensated to provide. Whereas when he's when with Charles w c W, you know, it's it's it's scandals around, you know, gimmicking up expenses on the road and having a fight every six months with management and and all that bullshit. So it's it's a he's a fascinating guy. I mean that that's probably the journey right there. You know, when when we lose.
Speaker 5: I do you think you guys said something with Paul. But my whole thing with the roast, it felt very it didn't you know, I think the modern w WE fan, the modern like the nineteen year old, twenty year old is year old day they don't really want like race chokes against gingerhole. Also, it is kind of weird to be shooting in general hole. The guy was fired, you know, the guy's probably never gonna work again. I don't know, And it kind of came across as weird. The kind of came ross. But they're doing it again. I think it a roast though, No, because these these wrestlers, like did you hear Nia Jackson like basically like basically just like shit on Charlotte as a human being.
Speaker 4: Wow, it wasn't It wasn't a roast at all. It was just like, yeah, Caddy sort of like it's.
Speaker 3: Just fucking mean, that's amazing. Oh, I got to listen to that audio. That sounds great.
Speaker 5: It's I I think it's worthy of an episode of The Labs Fan the whole roast, I really do. I think it's I think it's worthy of a whole episode because it really is like it kind of I don't know, it kind of dispelsing the wrestlers a happy family and stuff. But yeah, a lot of people that went didn't enjoy it. But again they were they're trying to you know, they're trying to take something that that we created. I really do think that I will. I will put all my money. They got the idea from you guys doing this at the Comedy Chateau, and you know, hey, listen, great. I'm sure they're gonna sell a lot of tickets for the next one, but it's not labs Fan. And the thing about labs Fan is you're not gonna We're not gonna have wrestlers on because number one, they don't they don't they don't know how to run with the joke.
Speaker 3: But you guys, they definitely don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys are way funnier. It's gonna be a way better show seeing you guys before SummerSlam that it would be to go to this rows stuff and listen. I love Graborg Glacier. I don't really know Tony Hincliff. I love Gregory Lacy. He's a great comic and he loves wrestling. I mean I used to talk with him about Fandango. He made me this is a great story. But he had his birthday show at Caroline and I was the manager and I played the Fandangle theme in the lounge and he paused, and he said, can you put on that? This is twenty thirteen? Can you put on the fandangle theme? And I put it on and he fandangoed for five minutes on stage and a lot of people and he said, this is a wrestling thing. Dance with me, and he started making everyone dance with him. Was a great moment, and he loves wrestling. You know. I just think the way if he tries to joke around with these wrestlers, they're just gonna get racist and and just cool and mean. And they don't know how to have fun or they know how to nail it break their bodies, and.
Speaker 4: They don't know that's exactly right because to them, like part of the reason they're successful is at some point alone, the way they cut somebody down behind their back, right, Yes, And that breeds a certain guardedness that just can't thrive in an environment like a comedy stage. You just can't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know the thing about it is that I think they probably think that they're a bigger deal than someone like Gabriel Glacier down deep like oh I did. But hey, he by himself sold out Dodger Stadium he wasn't on a card with other wrestlers, he didn't have to have an angle with Andre the Giant. He did it all by himself. But I think sometimes that eats away at these wrestlers that a comedian could do that.
Speaker 4: You know, that's fascinating.
Speaker 5: I can fill out a room just by myself talking into a mic for two hours.
Speaker 4: So what do you say, bos, Should we stop in on the Hingecliffe thing and stay up till two in the morning the night before we do our live show so we can have some commentary?
Speaker 3: I mean, fuck it? Why not?
Speaker 5: Oh he didn't say no?
Speaker 4: Ray?
Speaker 5: Oh wow, Hey maybe go in h listen.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be hurting anyway, all right, it's going to be a life while it's going to be a weekend of just pain and suffering, like fucking just needles in my body for the whole fucking week. Make it worse.
Speaker 5: Plus, my favorite mini episodes was when you guys went to the Undertaker one Dead Man Show Undertaker JP. You have because I listened to his podcast now because I'm a fucking misogynist. I'm misogynous, different difference, and man, you nailed him to a t. He is such a blow Hard. He has no good stories. I get the sense he didn't like Paul Bear. I get the sense he does like anybody. Yeah, miserable blow Hard. That basically his whole life is. You have to see how great he is even.
Speaker 3: You know, just I just you know, I just I. Whenever whenever the I hear a reference to the to a stupid fucking show, I I I always just picture him in his hoodie and just walking around the stage doing nothing. And I was like, that to me was the epitome of what this is. This guy does not know what he's doing. He's he's got nothing, there is nothing in there, and it was just it was just awful, which is why he's perfect for the right.
Speaker 5: Every story on this podcast is the if he tells her about the past, the wrestler in the story looks like an idiot, including Hulk Hogan, and he looks like a genius, or he looks at mister Cool or the fonnds and I'm like, I guarantee you it didn't go down like that. And the other reason I just tells you everything about this guy. I know he has a new and now now Michelle mcpoole's his co host, he had some guy in his own version. He never once has ever started the show like this is my co host, or said his name, or said hey, Kelin Kane's on the show. The show just starts and there's this other voice on and he never once tells you who this guy is. And to me, that says to me, because you don't consider this guy a human being. He's just a means to an end like everyone else is.
Speaker 4: In your brother, I think, what a good way to do that. We'll just start in talking.
Speaker 5: You know who is this guy? How do you know him? Telling me? Fourteen fifteen episodes in I have no idea what this guy came from.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean he had the podcasts that he had the fucking ted talk thing on his face, and his Hall of Fame speech that abortion, that was his Hall of Fame speech, and he has you know, he said clearly which was clearly meant to be the Hall of Fame speech to end Hall of Fame speeches. That was like supposed to be the greatest fucking Hall of Fame speech of all time, and it just sucked. It was like it was so bad that I can't even imagine that I saw what I saw in retrospect, I can't imagine that he thought he was gonna launch basically a Tony Robbins gimmick, you know, for the second half of his life. And now here he is in a warehouse somewhere, shooting for ane, pretending to teach people how to bump, and and and and having a podcast that no one asked for. He's the ultimate guy that his second his second act in life is doing a series of things no one asked him to.
Speaker 5: Do exactly exactly because nobody nobody. Once you kind of reveal that you don't because he said about I don't even remember half of what happened, what.
Speaker 4: I was going, right, if I wasn't the best person.
Speaker 5: And you know, when you have to hear someone talk for an hour a week, or you guy's case, seventeen hours a week on average, you kind of get a sense of who It's almost like you can't hide who you are if you're gonna be if you're gonna talk that long, you can't hide who you are. And you know, Bruce Purchet's full of shit. But I kind of get the sense, like, all right, this is kind of a likable bullshitter, but guys an Undertaker and even mcfoley and Matt Hardy and even for an Angle, but just become you start to resent them. You just feel like, yeah, God, you have nothing, You have nothing to offer the world.
Speaker 4: We need self deprecation, right, yeah, right, until they sit, right until they come out and tell a story that's very unflattering about themselves. Right, we're sitting there with our hands in our pockets, right because you're telling us stories about a bunch of people who aren't here to react, right, instead of telling us stories that we know only you uniquely can tell, because you're giving us an insight into your psychology in the moment.
Speaker 3: That that is the key. If you can like it's you're you can't really you can't have a podcast like that, or really, I mean for most podcasts unless you're doing unless you're doing a a some kind of a historical like strictly historical podcast or whatever. You really cannot do a podcast where you create yourself as as as this star without being able to be self deprecating. You can't. You can't. You can't do that and not make fun of yourself. You have to be you have to talk like make fun of yourself. Otherwise it's otherwise you're an idiot and you look like a dick, and they come from a business where if you, if you're like that, you're giving your enemies the rope to hang you with, right, I mean, it's like where where the really the the idea, the the truth is, you're you're an essentially essentially hanging yourself before anyone else can do it. If you if you actually just fucking lay it in on yourself like you're, you're doing it before anyone else can. And that's fine.
Speaker 4: And Jeff gets that, and Jeff gets that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, the thing about it is is like I kind of had no real opinion of Undertaker as a person. I like the character, and he's had a lot of great matches. Sure, you know Bad ninety seven, But now I can't think he's a fucking loser. I like him talking for two hours a week has Maybe this guy's I would never want to hang out with.
Speaker 4: That's why we're lapsed, because yeah, how many times you have to say this? If you grow up on souper spider Man is in fucking Superman, you don't have to come to terms with the fact that he's a fucking dipshit when you become an adult, right, you don't have to confront that we do as wrestling fans, and that makes us uniquely.
Speaker 5: You know what's what's really crazy about modern wrestling though, is that, like, you know, like the way wrestlers overshare on Twitter and Instagram. Like I think this guy Swerve the way Swerve Scott, but his post on Instagram or Twitter wherever it is, he just comes across a complete loser. And I'm like, you know what magic It's like you went, imagine after WrestleMania is six, you go on the computer and Ultra Warriors like complaining about data from there.
Speaker 4: It's you know, it's over. I can't follow this, I can That's what I'm saying. That's why the system doesn't allow wrestling to be as good as it used to be, because there's too many ways to bring these guys down to earth, right, and they do it to themselves. It turns out they get on national television. You think, okay, now we can put the phone down. Now, I don't need all of this external you know, sort of re reinforcement. I don't need it anymore because I've made it. No, it's just begun. It's just begun. They've only begun to send themselves into a self destructive psychosis around what these people, you know, these randoms that they can't stop talking about somehow that they're random, they don't mean anything, but every other word out of their mouth has something to do with it.
Speaker 5: They quote heat, I don't want to say this good day. But they constantly go after this one podcaster who I think is a loser, and they yell at him for his opinions. And this guy. You cannot convince this guy that he doesn't matter, because it's like, hey, you just wrestled on live TV, and then you go to your phone and to yell at me because I don't like the show, I must matter. So you're making these people think they matter. You know.
Speaker 4: That's all that's left of what it means to be a wrestling fan. It doesn't. You can't. You can't get wrapped up in it being a real fight anymore. That that's impossible. You can't. You can't have favorites anymore because everyone has to be uh, you know, because you get made fun of for having favorites. So what are we doing here?
Speaker 5: Boss?
Speaker 4: What are we doing here?
Speaker 5: Listen? You know what I'll tell you what we're doing. I'll tell you what we're doing. Jack and GP. We're the biggest party of the summer.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you we're gonna I'll tell you what. You know what, I'll tell you what. I'll tell you this. This is what it is. Really. Let summer Slam be the biggest party of the summer. Okay, that's fine, they can have that. We're gonna be the biggest pain of the summer.
Speaker 5: Yes. Perfect. By the way, I know you guys need a verry funk giveaway to Uh, you want to do a SID giveaway. I haven't listened to. I can't believe you got that many hours out of SID. By the way, don't tell me how you did it.
Speaker 3: But you want to give away the show.
Speaker 5: But you guys should give away something that relates to especially your blocks away from his big title win, the biggest night of his life, survivor series.
Speaker 3: Night could what it could be? You know, we could just get a we get a bunch of I get like a you know, a whole pack of Vienna's.
Speaker 4: We could give away the actual vienna is that the Church sent us.
Speaker 3: That's just true, that's true. I mean, if we have them.
Speaker 4: Would we Oh my god, so many possibilities. Yeah, maybe we'll bring some fun giveaway at him. So that I got so much ship around true, we got so much ship, oh my god.
Speaker 5: S with Terry Funk and now Sid. I mean, I know you did Saboo, but Saboo wasn't as long as Sid. So I don't know, something maybe like a rough shirt in like the way Sid warks Summerson. Wow, he really has a big history in New York City. Summerson in ninety one.
Speaker 4: When he had the he always used to say, yeah, I'm over that. You know when they'd go when NWA when he was with Dan Spivey would go to Philly or in the East Coast cities, they would go nuts for Sid without him even being pushed as a baby face.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, man, I'm excited because like so I just says I'm a year behind on every podcast I listened to a lot, and you you ended Barry Alive the last episode I heard. You're like, yeah, we're gonna like really talk very briefly about Sid and then uh the ninety seven raw or he wins the Belot and I'm like, I know that. It's like four months of Si wit. How did this balloon into low? Almost as long as Terry fun But I'm excited because I do love Sid. I do think he's a guy that people shot on unnecessarily. He's not as bad as everyone says he is, and he had something that really you can't teach. I don't know if you guys said that, but he does.
Speaker 4: Well, how does it balloon? That's the question you put to the solar system? Right, Well, you're gonna get a good front row seat on how it? Let it balloon? High noon, August third, Comedy Village three fifty two West forty fourth Street and Times Square. The CoA chairman take the stage once again to lay the law down. We are well, we are the regulators, we are the deciders, and let us issue forth many final opinions.
Speaker 3: And if if we're ballooning, if we're ballooning, you keep your balloon not tight.
Speaker 4: Right, Thanks for being with us again and thanks for the help. Thanks for putting up the bat signal.
Speaker 5: We're headed to Gotham, guys, and listen again. If you're in the area, don't hesitate. It'll be easy to get to, it'll be easy to get out. Go check out blabsphere. You're not going to regret it. Thank you so much, guys, always a pleasure working with you.
Speaker 4: TLF Live Bitch.
Speaker 3: It is a production of the Lab Entertainment Group. Its content is intended for reven use only.
Speaker 5: We want