Speaker 1: Welcome to the two seventeen Recovery Broadcast.
Speaker 2: If you don't make mistakes, you won't learn.
Speaker 1: With your host Corey Winfield, you know how you know fish as bad as you can't put on pizza and special guests.
Speaker 3: Justin Burke, the thumb nail totally does not dictate.
Speaker 1: The move at all. Jesse Smoker. I called the string and take it. Tama Mitchell O'Brien, he goes you recorded new o sleepig and I was like nope. He goes Winfield dead.
Speaker 2: You got this terror in his eye and I was like nope, and then he's like it was Smoker, got your ass.
Speaker 1: It is the twenty first of September twenty twenty four. Welcome to the two seventeen Recovery Podcast. My name is Corey Winfield.
Speaker 2: I'm Justin Burke, Mitchell O'Brien, Jesse Spoker.
Speaker 1: Hold a string, Oh, hold a string. A surprise. Now we're all doing a Saturday podcast today because we're hitting the road going to a place in Michigan. There's a city called kel Caska, Yeah, and probably many have driven through it. Yeah, there's a drive through yeah, yeah. Thinking they were going to go up north to some pretty stuff, and they're like, we'll pass through Kelkaska.
Speaker 2: Could you see that big fish?
Speaker 3: I was about to say, the only thing is that big fish?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I went to the Westco. I think they have a Westco there.
Speaker 3: They they don't have no Wesco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they do, don't wear no Westco. Pretty sure. Would you like to bet a paycheck on this? Justin Burke?
Speaker 2: They have a Westco there in kel Caaska. Yeah, you take it right, have the shell and the west goes on the left.
Speaker 1: Still betting them. Would you like to make a bet justin Burke on a paycheck?
Speaker 3: No smart move, damn it.
Speaker 1: So I've been to it. Yeah, been there. That's pretty cool. Yeah, And I didn't really spend much time other than just at the Westco. Probably just getting a donut or something, you know, maybe some gasoline. But that's that's kind of all. And I think we were invited to go to the Trout festival, but we would have had to man the tent all day or something, and I was like, I don't really have staffing for that, especially since I hate fish. Yeah, let's go to a festival that you hate. Don't go on pizza? Yeah, yeah, I have a pizza festival. Your boy's gonna be there, right, I'll be there all day. Don't have at festival. I'm there. Have a Westco festival. That's what we need to do, Westco. Yeah, I start at Westco Festival. Yeah, and then like, don't name it Waco. Yeah, well we'll spell it different. We'll spell it like Gaylord spells Gaylord. Yeah. Yeah, we'll say no, it's it's not Westco. It's we see you know.
Speaker 4: But I just googled it and there's no West Go in keol Casco.
Speaker 3: I should have bet you your paycheck.
Speaker 1: We'll see when we stop at the Westco in kol Casca today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it. They closed down.
Speaker 4: There's not one there. I've never The closest West Go to Traverse City is Benzonia, and then the closest one south to US is Lake City where Cadillac.
Speaker 3: M You could be you could be right.
Speaker 1: I didn't take that bet, huh.
Speaker 4: I wasn't trying to lose paycheck. I got a kid feed. They're expensively. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well that's on the recovery and this is kind of this is the recovery ads. Yeah, we're doing two seventeen podcasts. Today. But yeah, we're going to Kolcska today because they are having it's being called the Talents of Recovery up north. Yeah, that's going to be good. I'm excited. I don't really know what we're going to get into, but never know.
Speaker 2: It's it's going to be exciting though, a good day whether it looks good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the inaugural festival that they have, and yeah, it's one of the coalitions up there they're doing, like, hey, we want to do something for our area, and they invited us and they're like, hey, you guys are pretty fing awesome. Would you crace us with your presence? And we're like, yeah, sure, nice, will be there do some tomfoolery.
Speaker 2: It was a little disappointed that that isn't the annual.
Speaker 1: They knew, they heard, they know, yeah, they know, they knew, knew better put that on their flyer because that's how people know. Yeah, because I bust their balls. You don't put first annual. There is no first annual. No, it's not annual. It has to be annuals to be an annual, so it's inaugural. So yeah, proud of them for that, Thanks for listening, Thanks for just knowing twelve to six is with the time they say it's going to go on. We're going to get there eleven, so maybe set up. Yeah, it's at the Railroad Square in Kelcaske. And if you listen to this podcast and you're like, damn, I should have went to it, well that's why you listen to the podcast. When you get the notification that's new, they listen right away. Drop everything that you're doing, yes, and listen. But if not, you know, like I said, some tom foolery, we might do some audio stuff from out there. We'll see how they goes. We got some new technology, some equipment got upgraded yesterday. So you probably will have some videos finally, at least for our Recovery Dad's podcast, because we're all going to be there, why not take some videos and some pictures like yeah, the opening and close says that. Go to our website for all the videos and then you go to the Recovery dads dot com and this is not any videos.
Speaker 3: You know, we try and we're coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we'll do that and it'll be a good time, it really will. So look for some pictures and stuff like that. How was how was your guys?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Your Friday yesterday it was was It was a good fun Friday for everybody, smashing good Friday.
Speaker 2: It was a good, pretty good Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, justin Yeah, it's pretty wonderful.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: My boss hooked me up with some new technology.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, cool boss.
Speaker 4: My ride was all right, all right, good, went down to Richmond, very nice.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: I got to exceed some expectations on the recovery rides that we do.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Somebody had said, I like to use you guys to transport people because you're there when you say you're going to be there. That's what we do. And I rolled in just a couple of minutes early and it felt good. They're like, this is they literally said, this is why we have you guys transport.
Speaker 1: People out communication. Yep, they don't have to wait around two days. And are they coming here? No, you know exactly when they're coming. Eight pm?
Speaker 2: Rolls around, here comes the guy is supposed to be there.
Speaker 1: At eight a m. Got a hot date, but you can't go on it because yeah, run a silver living home and this dude is supposed to come in. You gotta drop everything to do that. I could see what that would be a pain, the answers. That's why we communicate with them, why we do what we do.
Speaker 4: And my stunt my son stopped by the office yesterday. The stunt son, Yeah, it went good.
Speaker 3: Good. We're gonna go out for dinner after we get done at Kolkascar.
Speaker 1: Fantastic, nice, any special some fish?
Speaker 4: Probably not really, he wanted to go out back.
Speaker 3: I told him. I was like, you think I'm rich or something.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, it's nice though, I mean it is nice.
Speaker 2: You get that dark bread and butter at the beginning.
Speaker 1: Eat ig eat that and a cup of soup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotta get a balloom and onion.
Speaker 1: Though, Tell your waiter to be like, look, bro, I got a twenty spot in this for you. If everything that kid orders that's over nine ninety nine is oh, we're out of that. You say we're out of that. I got twenty spots just for you. I want to flame out out of that. Oh, I want to out of that.
Speaker 2: I think all the garden right now is doing that endless possible ooh, which is always good.
Speaker 1: I don't want that. I want the Trio sampler. Yeah, well, you know, out of that, out of that Tonight twenty eight ninety nine yeah, I think we all go through that. You can't even go to McDonald's now.
Speaker 3: No, it's like Tony Bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a bacon or a sausage, egg of cheese, McMuffin. It's almost five dollars for just that.
Speaker 3: So I don't get the egg.
Speaker 1: Wow, So how much is it without the egg?
Speaker 4: I get two or halfs I I get.
Speaker 3: Two of them and it's like three seventy five.
Speaker 1: Oh no egg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the bread and the meat, ye, meat and cheese.
Speaker 1: You're getting your protein from the sausage.
Speaker 3: It's very unhealthy protein from them.
Speaker 2: I need to I need to double protein.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm not a protein it's not a neurologist nutrition. I'm not one of those people.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 1: Protein ologists, could be it could be anything. I wouldn't know. I'm gonna make a bet on it.
Speaker 2: Well, if you know something about anything, you're just an ologist of that thing.
Speaker 1: I'm glad. I'm glad that you guys had such a great Friday, though, did you? Oh, thank you, thank you for asking Friday yesterday. It was twentieth September twenty twenty four. It was tough for the Winfield family. The little Parker included he was there with us on Thursday, the nineteenth of September twenty twenty four, roughly four thirty pm when we walked out of the vet as I had to put my precious Nico to sleep for Equid. So it was a tough day yesterday, you know, coming back from that and waking up and looking over to where Nico normally sleeps, kind of down by my bed, in between the bed and the wall. We had this little bed for that and where she refuses to lay on, but she would just lean on it like a pillow, and like during the night Thursday night and a Friday morning, I just kept waking up looking over there where I'd always see her, and she always look up at me and go, I'm like, you're being good. She was gone. She was in there. So it's just weird starting my day trying not to trip over her, trying to have to step on her. She was in there, step on and I missed those days that I used to have to work myself out of bed. It's hard for a fat guy because you can't just like where you gotta roll. It's a process, especially with back problems. You know, you gotta kick your legs over and you go. So it was tough. It was a tough day, man. Yeah. My cat Andico, who was with me through some really dark, terrible times man. And when I first got her, it was in twenty ten, and right after my grandma had passed away, and my boss at the time, because I was like, I got to go to my go back to Michigan for this funeral, and he's like, well, fourth of July is right next weekend, you need to be back here for the July in case there's an event we're doing. So I had to leave the family early after burying my grandmother to come back to fucking Arkansas, and there was no event to fucking go to. So I just sat there. We can sew. I ended up looking through the paper and getting a cat. It's free kittens, and so I drove over and I picked this cat up and lady said, oh, yeah, no, it's never been outside. A'm I doesn't have fleas, no, And it's good. I'm all right, we'll get home just fleas everywhere. So I give her flea bath and stuff. But like that was kind of like a healing thing for me from losing the grandmother, and so she kind of helped me with that, and then I bought a home down there, and she moved in, obviously, moved over from the little duplex I was renting for three hundred and seventy dollars a month.
Speaker 3: Wasn't running so amazing, dude, just.
Speaker 1: An Arkansas a loan. I mean she was cheap. Yeah, I mean, it's it's insane. Like they were like, hey, you can get this. You guys would be like, let's go. Yeah, Like, I mean, it wasn't big, but damn it was nice hardwood floors and stuff. Roaches every once in a while all the time, but that's all right. They caught the water bugs down there's a water bug. I'm like, that thing is as big as my cat. Like nikos. She would get them for me. She got into getting bugs. And then like when I went through the whole kidney failure thing, like it was the first time I were really laid on the couch because before I would just sit up and then I would pass out, you know, like just pass out drunk. And so when I got home from the hospital, I had to keep my feet elevated because my legs were still swollen. And she like would jump up and then like really started cuddling with me. And if I would say, hey, Nico, you want to cuddle, she would jump up like let's go. You know. She was a very smart cat. And you know, moving home and then leaving radio, having to go back to live with mom and dad, you know, and all that stuff, and Nico was just in this little room when I went to treatment last time. You know, she was in this little room because I ended up moving out and get my own place, but then she had to go back and she was just like stuck in this little room. And I think my mom and step dad for least allowing that, and for my stepdad for getting attacked every time he would try to feed her. I appreciate it. Yeah I don't believe it because she was a sweet baby kitty, but yeah she was. But just to leave her there for five six months because I went to treatment for three months or two months, and then I went to sober living from their six months. So all that time Nico just was just hanging out by herself in this little last room and I felt bad for I remember one time I came home for something to my mom was like, you're gonna go see your cat? And I said no, because it was too hard, and I don't think my mom understood that, you know that it was very frustrating for me. But I've seen so many people use that, oh, I can't go to a sober living because I got a dog, can't go because I've got a cat. And I did not want that to be an excuse. I didn't want to have excuses. And I looked at the bottom line, like, yeah, I love my cat, but at the end of the day, I gotta love me, I gotta be there for me, and I got to figure this shit out. It hurt me to know that she was up there in that room and she probably could hear me and knew I was there, but it was too much emotionally for me to deal with. And I knew, like I couldn't go up there to do that. My mom was just like, you didn't even see your cat, you know, and she's going to tell you that. She didn't say it like that, but she said it just like that. Oh yeah, absolutely. So when I was able to go to a sober living house and manage the house, that was one of the things. I'm like, well, I need to have my cat, and they're like, okay, that's cool. I'm like, I straight. So then she went from that little room to a different little room, but at least she'd see me. Yeah, and the guys in the house kind of liked her, and she didn't really try to go out of the room too much, and it was a good time. And then you know, Marnie she kind of knew like, oh, the cat's part of the package too, you know. So I was like, if you want all this man right here, you gotta have that little kiddy too. And Nico wasn't a huge fan of other people, and she kind of grew to love Marnie too, and it was just kind of magical how that kind of bond happened. And we had like this beautiful picture and I'll show it to you guys if you haven't seen it. But it was around Christmas time and Marnie was decorated Christmas tree and Nico loved Christmas and she's putting this ornament up. I took a picture and Nico was just looking at her like, you know, I'm knocking that down right.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just a perfect like Christmas picture, you know, and we're gonna have that forever, and you know, you never know why people or things come into your life. But I believe pets have souls. I really do. Oh yeah, and you know, she got me through a huge part of my life that you know how many times I was laying in bed withdrawing and she would just come up there and just lay by my feet, and just to know that she was there was very comforting. So Nico, love you, girl, and I'll see again one day. But I'm so glad that you guys had such great fridays. Though it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry yours is so sad.
Speaker 1: I that you guys had going. Hey man, not to take away from you guys, just praide nothing, but no.
Speaker 2: Obviously I understand.
Speaker 3: Wow, you have had Nico a long time though, fourteen out of the.
Speaker 1: Newspaper fourteen and a half years, you know, Yeah, twenty ten, that's a long time down in Arkansas. I still think that's how they communicate with newspapers.
Speaker 2: It's how long I've had my kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you imagine that, having to put them to sleep too and.
Speaker 2: Put them in the newspaper up for sale. I did that. Yeah, that was part of my day yesterday, my Friday. Probably she could do that, No fleas no tics in indoor child true facts.
Speaker 1: We took her to the bet though, because before she had this huge kidney stone and I thought she just hated me because I would change her litter and she would just ship right next to the little box. I'm like, I just changed it. Like, what are you doing inside? Chase around? I'm like, no, don't shoot on the floor, and and I feel so bad, and again, uneducated as a pet owner, to know like that is a huge sign that something is wrong with your cat. Something's not something's not right. So finally, after like a year or two or five, I don't remember how long, but we took her to the vet and they're like, oh, she had this kidney stone about the size of a baseball. I'm like what They're like, if this was a male, okay, you trust me, you would be knowing. But since the female organs are different, whatever, she can live with it. But it's still very, very painful. And so we had dealt with that, and so I'm like, okay, cool, Well, all of our cats, I don't know that if they're like bleemic or what it is, but they have an eating disorder I think because they're all thrown up and so we're seeing this throw up and the upstairs, downstairs everywhere just cat throw up, you know, cleaning it up. And the other day I saw a cat throw up and then poop. I'm like, all right, which some bitch? Is it? Three of them? And then I just days go by and I see more throw up in the bedroom and I'm like, what the hell. And we're thinking it's a little one because he just runs around his puke and everywhere like that that's his game. And so I pick it up and I go to walk in my bathroom. They go throw the puke away and I step on something and I knew better to put my toe all the way down. I was like, oh, hold on, flip on the light and there's turds. And then I see like where I kind of kicked it. It was like a string of like mucus and blood. I said, that's not good. So I pick it up. I look at it, and I flush it, and I thought I should have took picture of that, but I didn't it. So I just kind of like, eh, let's just pretend that didn't happen. But I knew that that's bad. I start googling it and then it's just like, oh no, that's bad, and if there's puking involved, then this and this shit. So then like a couple days later, I see another puke spot in the bedroom and then right behind that, like she was doing double duty, like it was puking and pooping at the same time. And I picked that up again with some toilet paper, looked at it and blood and I took pictures and then I sent that to the vet and they're like, yeah, bring your cat in. Yeah. So I did that on Wednesday night, and then Thursday they call and they're like, can you bring her in like now? And I was like, yeah, I'll bring her in. So I brought her in and then they called and they're like, okay, well we did blood test doesn't really show too much. One thing that really is freaking us out is her body temperature. It is extremely low. And sometimes when the cats get freaked out and like she was, she was real nervous and like vomiting and stuff like that in their catcage. Normally that spikes it. And it didn't do that, and she's still not. Her body temperature is not warming up whatsoever. It's nothing near normal. So they're like, if we do an x ray, I can tell you that it's going to show something that we're not going to like, and that even if we did like a surgery on it, she's not going to survive. So we would recommend, you know, like if you can take her home and you know, let her live it out, but that's not going to be a very good life, and she probably is in some pain. So I was like, all right, let's let's do this. And I was trying to mentally prepare myself when I started looking up the blood and all that on Google. I was trying to mentally prepare myself, like this is happening, so all the stuff. But yeah, having Parker there with me did help right in there. And like Marnie's crying, I'm crying, He's just like, ah, talking and smiling and.
Speaker 2: Good, you got me now.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's it's a tough loss. And how many times has somebody lost an animal or a pet or a loved one and went right to drinking or using again, you know, like I could have easily used that as an excuse. Yeah, very real for me, thank god. And I'm about to cough. I know if this sounds like I'm really choked up here, which it would be understandable if I was, but you know, and I'm in such a better place that that there's still a chance, there's still one percent chance, you know, that that could could have made me lose it. And you know, but I'm glad and I thank God that I'm in a better place now. And I think God that Nico was in my life. You know, That's how I kind of look at things, and I think that's how we kinda look at even when we lose a loved one, you know, like, thank you Lord for letting me know that person and letting me spend that time with them, you know. And I'm a better person because of Nico. You know, Like there was many times that I had to buy cat food instead of the expensive liquor you know, side that right, and to get that rock gut stuff. But it makes me want to throw up when I think about it today, So that's good. Yeah, you know, I wasn't living that high life, so yeah, it's it was tough. But now we're here and now we move on, and that's part of life. You know, death is a part of life. When I got that cat, I knew one day she's gonna die. Yeah, And I'm glad I didn't just like walk around the corner one day and there she is. All. I think that would be worse.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I like the fact that you weren't selfish and brought her home either. You thought about her.
Speaker 3: She's hurting, she's not in the best shape.
Speaker 2: Got to do a hard decision, but you made the hard decision.
Speaker 1: There's some people that let them, like my mom not to be ragging on her nothing, but I'm like with her, she had a cat, and that's this thing. It was, you know, once they get him newter, they kind of get bigger and all this stuff, and this cat was huge, and then it just se s hearted just withering away, and it's just like, Mom, you take him to the vet, you know, like what's going on? You know, like get him to the vet, put them down. Yeah, you know. And I think that she eventually did. I can't remember, but Marnie had kind of a similar situation with someone that she knew with her dog and like it was blind, couldn't walk. I like you had to like physically take it outside to pee.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 3: Blind.
Speaker 1: I mean, It's just it was like what the fuck? Yeah, let him go.
Speaker 4: Man, My mom did that too to a cat, and it was it was sad. I'm like, why don't you go put him to sleep? Like and so he quit suffering and like he already can't walk around your house because he's blind. You know, just be nice to him and do the nice thing. Don't be selfish. The dog that I got when I was a teenager, we're fifteen. His name was Cooper and he was almost seventeen years old when we finally put him to sleep. A year before that, you were starting to really notice, like he stayed in his youth for a really long time.
Speaker 1: He was a good dog.
Speaker 2: Like got him right after the car accident that killed my grandmother. Like we kind of got him as like a almost like a service dog, you know, like therapy dog, and he was really good at it. He was there when my son was born. Loved that kid, give him all his food. You know. He's like through all these big things in my life, like basically my entire life of addiction almost. And we took him in because he just looked like he was getting older. He we thought, like, you know, he's getting slower, and thought he was in some pain. And they ended up telling us like, no, he's got some time left. He definitely has arthritis, and we had got a medication for him so he could be more comfortable. And he lived for another year and and then then it got really bad and kind of similar, like what you're talking about. Your story about Nico reminds me of the end with Cooper.
Speaker 1: A lot so. And it's cool that Nico knew me sober for you know, almost six years, so that was kind of cool. And she got to see that. And it was a few months ago I could tell there was something she wouldn't just she wouldn't come downstairs as often. She would just stay up in her bedroom the whole day. And then I mean these past couple of weeks, like when I would get out of bed, I'd make my bed, my part of it, and then she would jump in there and just like that's her spot now now that if daddy's in there, it's daddy's spot. If Daddy's not in the spot, it's Nico's spot. And then she stopped doing that, so I knew, like, oh, but before that, when Marnie was pregnant with Parker, I just started seeing some signs of her not coming downstairs a lot, and I remember having a conversation with her. I was like, Nico, you need to just hold on to me, my son. And she was the cat that wasn't freaked out. And I thought she would be the one that would be freaked out by Parker's crying and just being around, but she was just cool with it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: She was just like, all right, that's a little man. And she would still jump on the bed when he starts crying. She's still up there like all right, man, what's up. And the other cats are like they're out out of the room, like oh no, get out of here. And it's pretty cool that she did get to me my son, and you know, she got to see me be actually sober and complete the process.
Speaker 3: So it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I rest in peace, Nico. You're a good kiddy.
Speaker 3: She was, Yes, she.
Speaker 2: Was so thank you for sharing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's something I kind of wanted to do and I want to do it yesterday, but it just it wasn't really fitting and and today we actually had some time to do it. And I appreciate you guys being a part of the podcast to talk about it before we don't have some fun today because you know, there's that morning period, but then there's that time where Okay, well I'm still alive and I still have duties and responsibilities and things, and I just sat home and moped about it. You know, it's not going to do do any good. So yeah, proud of you, Thanks Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Proud of you too, Man.
Speaker 1: Thanks Justin Copycat, Well.
Speaker 3: I mean you could have took a really wrong turn.
Speaker 4: Jesse just gave me the because it was a very devastating moment, you know, and you did it. You thought about everything else that you still have to live for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ye know. And it's a little different too when you have a kid. You have a child, and then like you actually become super busy and other things are going on in your life, you know, like before that was that was my kid, that was it. That was Nico, that was that was my responsibility. It was my job take care of her. And once Parker came along, well, once I got married too, then it becomes okay, well now it's Marnie and I and Nico. And then Marnie started like wanting to sort of cat farm, so it was like and then oh no, Luna needs a friend. And now it was Brent and then Brent we had to put Brn down and Marnie had to take Kiv and that was very sad because he was a sweet little kiddie and he got the cat COVID and his like belly just started like expanding me. It was that little poor guy, Marty said. When they poked him to do a shot, like she said, it was just like oh, plus just scored out and it was it was bad. And yeah, he was just such a sweet little boy and that that was a tough one for us. And then we got a little Hudson, his crazy little ass. Yeah he's something else, man, that little mf or Like, I feel bad for him because he wants to cuddle. But we got a Parker of the bed so and then now you help him running up and just the head butt me AND's like bam, like what are you doing? And so I started swearing at him and he's a cat where if you hear this, he's gone. And he's not just gone, He's gonna run over your face, hit the lamp, everything that you have next to the bedstand, knock all that ship off, run around and then finally leave the room. You're like, dude, if you're really that scared exits there? Why run across my face my body? He did, but I got to touch everything first. Yeah, calls out too. You know he tore Mourney up the other day.
Speaker 2: We have Oliver and he's the he's the head butter.
Speaker 1: He does that.
Speaker 2: I'll be like pouring his food.
Speaker 1: He comes up.
Speaker 2: I think it's a thank you, but he hits my and then it's all over the place. So I'll come up to him now and he'll be sitting there waiting and I'll have the food and were like no headbudding. And then he sits there the whole time. And he won't if I tell him that, he won't do it. But yeah, when other people come around, he's talking about Hudson, like Chase running and stuff. You don't see him leave, like he's there and you look away. Somebody new comes into the home and he's gone. He does not exist anymore until they're gone. You can go look for him and you will not find him. He's going downstairs, in the back rooms everywhere. He's just no longer exists. And then they leave and all of a sudden, he comes walking out like he was never even missing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Nico was great about that, like before, like back in the day before, like door Dash and the Domino's Appetoe. You when the person's coming, Like if I got food delivered, which I did most of the time because I was drunk, couldn't drive him anywhere. Niko would just be like did you. I'm like, oh, food must be here, like she had like she knew when someone was at the door or coming up to the door or something. Man, it was it was actually kind of convenient put pants on, like okay, we go pants on, I'm not here. N She'd be like all right, but yeah, Hudson Man, he's he's something else.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: He'll crawl up on the this pillow because I'm like, I don't want to crush my child. So I'm like, hey, we got to have this pillow between me and Marnie and the child. That way I don't roll over and just kill them all. So I have this pillow there. But then Hudson Hill He'll try to come up and I'm like, no, it'll stop. And he was just way on the pillow and then you like close your eyes for me and you open back up and he's like what are you doing? And then I caught him. I faked closed my eyes, you know, and I still see him, and he's like just inching up, you know, like he's military style and this belly just like stop it in your eyes. He stops like I ain't doing nothing. He's a little closer to you, and you're like you a little mf.
Speaker 2: Or there's that video. It went around the internet for a while. There's a cat like further away and somebody with their camera like peeking out, and every time it was never moving, and every time they peaked it out, it was closer.
Speaker 1: Man, he's a trip. But he's the most loving male cat that I've ever seen in my life. Like most male cats are kind of like, all right, that's cool, man, whatever, see you later. This dude loves the cuddle, loves to get up in you. And well, I mean like obviously you know what I'm saying. Yeah, Award, hold the string.
Speaker 3: That's a tail.
Speaker 2: I've never had to do this thing.
Speaker 1: Richard Gear's story was bad. Let me tell you about Cory Winfield. Yeah all right, well I guess that'll wrap us up before today. Then yeah, it's we end done a little fun good note, but yeah, we're gonna be a kal Kaska. It'll be some some good times for sure. So even if you hear this podcast and it's Sunday or Monday or Tuesday or whatever two years from now, go check out the pictures from the event, because we will take pictures and we'll have some videos for recovery dads. I don't know what kind of videos or what, but well, planning on doing some timefoolery today. Yep, absolutely all right, thanks for listening. And if you want to go back and listen to say when I had four months clean, because the podcasts are much different, then you can go back on the app, which is free in the app stores, search to seventeen Recovery and you can listen to all of them. You can listen to twenty twenty, twenty nineteen, twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three, and then this year's as well. There's there's tons of podcasts and episodes have listened to, so if you want more, they are there and you can also find them at two seventeen recovery dot com.
Speaker 2: He later, bye, Bia, thanks for listening to the two seventeen record podcast.
Speaker 1: Listen to over nine hundred episodes on the two seventeen recovery app that's free in your app
Speaker 2: Store or online at two seventeen recovery dot com.