Speaker 1: And did you hear that?
Speaker 2: Come on, did I hear what that whistle? That's the Rinsol White whistle? Oh yeah, and Rinso means us.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Rinso gets clothes, Rinsol White, and Rinso presents the Amos and Andy Show. Just about this time every year, I try to remember the New Year's resolutions I made last January, and if I can remember one out of ten, I feel like I'm doing fine. Of course, there are some resolutions you just can't help but keep. For instance, if you ladies resolved to use Rinso for clothes washing in nineteen forty five, come nineteen forty six, I'm sure you'll still be using Rinso because those Sophie rich SuDS make wash stay easy. As little as a short ten minute soak plus a few quick finger rubs on extra soil places gives you a wash that's spotless all over all. Your lovely washable colors come rin So bright safely through wash after wash, and you'll hang out a white wash that's Rinso white. So don't forget get Rinso. And now our star Samos and Andy. Well, it's almost New Year's Eve and the big event in Harlem is the New Year's Eve party to be given by the socially exclusive Charles Jackson family. At the moment, we find Andrew H. Brown in his office telling his secretary Miss Blue, why he knows he will be the only one among his friends to be invited to this smart affair.
Speaker 2: You know, Miss Blue is a shape that I ain't gonna spend New Year's Eve with my friends this year. But I is the highest society type and Charles Jackson's only wants them kind of people's at the party.
Speaker 5: You know, mister b is a Charles Jackson's really society people.
Speaker 3: Oh, show there is RICHI all right?
Speaker 2: You know they is the only family in Harlem that's got a cooking upstairs.
Speaker 5: Made upstairs made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, I guess the downstairs must get pretty dirty.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 5: It must be almost wonderful to be invited to a real society party and get a beautiful engraved invitation invitation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well tell you the truth, that's what I'm waiting for. Mine ain't come yet.
Speaker 6: Well, if you.
Speaker 5: Ain't got your invitation yet, how you know you is invited?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll be invited, don't worry. You see, I done took the Jackson's daughter comedia out a couple times, and they got to invite their daughter's boyfriends.
Speaker 5: You know that's right, I guess.
Speaker 2: Oh, show, I showed her swell time on two different nights. Why the last time I took her out, my bill comes over six.
Speaker 3: Dollars, it did. Yeah, I wonder how much hers come to.
Speaker 5: Mister Brown. You mean to say you didn't pay her bill too well?
Speaker 2: Being a rich gals. She says something about a Dutch treat. You know she likes me all right. By the way, when does the morning mail do? Maybe my Graves invitation will be in that The morning.
Speaker 5: Mail come two hours ago. There was nothing anybody bill from your tailor for turning the lap heels around on your suit. M we only get one more mail before New Years, and that ought to be here in the lofile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's the mail that the invitel being alright, no question about that.
Speaker 3: I showed it that. Wait a minute, Wait a minute, he come, Ama, but.
Speaker 5: I'm going in back office and finished for work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, well hello, hello, yeah.
Speaker 6: And I just dropped in to find out what you do in New Year's Eve. I thought maybe you'd like to go with me and Ruby.
Speaker 2: Now wait a minute, Damos, wait a minute. I was sorry that I ain't spending New Year's Eve with none of my old friends this year. This will be the first time I ever missed the New Year's Eve?
Speaker 3: Would you?
Speaker 2: But Amos, I was going to a very exclusive party only the very high society types like me.
Speaker 3: Is going.
Speaker 6: Oh, well, I'm glad you're going to a high class party, and me and Ruby figured it maybe you was invited to the same place were so we could all go together.
Speaker 2: Well, look, Amos, I am sorry, but let's face the thing. You was a good enough guy, but we just don't revolve around in the same social circles. That's all, by the way. Whereas you invited to, oh, I don't guess I'll be very exciting. Me and Ruby are going to a little get together over to Charles Jackson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it's too bad that we can't at where as you.
Speaker 6: Say, uh did Charles Jackson.
Speaker 3: But that's where I was going. If you show you was invited.
Speaker 1: Well I guess they ended they sent us an invitation.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Well I guess they invited you because they want you because you was.
Speaker 3: A friend of mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they figure I wanted that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, doing me a favor.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you say you've got your invitation already.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I got it right here in my flak hit and grave and everything.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, pretty.
Speaker 3: Excuse me and excuse me?
Speaker 1: What do you see outside?
Speaker 2: I thought I see the mailman across the street, but tain't him. Uh well, amos, I guess I'll see you at the Jackson party. Then right now, I got to get over the shortage barber shop and start getting fixed up for the affair. Hey wait a minute, shorty, what is that stuff you're putting on my hair?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: There are just.
Speaker 8: Stuff that it's a special hair or I mean, if it's got alive work, if it's a part me that can put it's important, important hair, then that can just plain lard.
Speaker 3: Log log on my hair. How much is that costing me?
Speaker 8: Fifteen cents and two red points?
Speaker 3: Two red points.
Speaker 2: Listen, shorty, after this, please keep my scalp vegetarian.
Speaker 3: What say?
Speaker 2: By the way, shorty, I want to tell you that this is a nice smooth shave.
Speaker 3: You're don't give me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That can here.
Speaker 8: I'll hold up this looking glass so you can see how your hair looks in the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, look nice and smooth. Yeah that's the best. Hey, wait a minute, shorty, wait a minute. The way you got that looking glass held up their eyes looking at the back of your head.
Speaker 3: You will, Yeah, I do look back there.
Speaker 2: Well, never mind how you look. The important thing is how I look. I was going to the richest New Year's Eve party in town, real society stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's nice old that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ain't got my invitation yet, but no eyes gonna get it too bad too, that my friends can't be invited to a high class party like this one.
Speaker 8: It's bad old that, you know what I'm saying. I sure, sorry, we can't be together New Year's Eve.
Speaker 3: Andy, Yeah, me too, shorty.
Speaker 2: But that's how it goes when you was high society type like I is. By the way, where's you invited to go New Year's Eve?
Speaker 8: Oh? I ain't gonna no place, specularize. I thought I'd stay at home. I'll be by myself. I'll just take it easy and I'm going to Charles Jackson party.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the last mail here and my invite didn't come. Oh me, this is gonna be some New Year's Eve for me?
Speaker 3: All right? Well, oh then, oh, hello, Lightning, Hello the matrimanda.
Speaker 1: How come you look.
Speaker 2: So down and the dumb Oh, Lightning, I is regusted. I takes Camelia Jackson out and shows her big time, and now her mama don't send me no invite to their New Year's Eve party.
Speaker 6: Maybe Jackson's don't approve of you for that daughter.
Speaker 2: Oh you're crazy. Certainly they approve of me outside of the fact that I ain't got a job and ain't got no money at the bank. I as the most legible bachelor in town.
Speaker 1: Well, some parents are very stuck up that way. They don't want to see that daughter stalls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, Lightning. They must be peculiar people.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't feel too bad about the movana. The Jackson's is very exclusive and a lot of people wasn't invited.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Besides old pall, Now me and you can spend New Year's Eve together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we could ever one thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was that me and.
Speaker 6: Mway was invited to the Charles Jackson party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, so long, Lightning. I'm going over to see the Kingfish. Look like he's the only one left that I can spend New Year's Eve with all kingfish you two, yeah, you'll see, and being one of the reporting citizens of Harlem.
Speaker 6: Or it was natural that the Jacksons sent me the invitation. Yeah, but tell you what, Son, you come over and hang around the open window at the Jackson's. Maybe I can toss out a hunker turkey.
Speaker 3: Or something like that to you. You know.
Speaker 2: Now, wait a minute, just a minute. I got pried like anybody else. I ain't hanging around no wonder why I wasn't invited waiting for somebody to toss me out a hunker.
Speaker 3: Turkey like a dog. Uh could you make it white meat?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, Anna, after the way you took this comedia Jackson, now I don't sure you'd be invited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I thought.
Speaker 2: You just go to show you that where human nature is recerned, you can't trust human nature where it's recerned.
Speaker 6: I ain't quite figured out, but I think you got something there, all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh you know that Communia don't give you a raw deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and ies mad Oh, I don't blame you.
Speaker 2: I don't believe the thing that really hurts me is that I don't open my big mouth to everybody telling them that I was the only one that was gonna be invited, and now I was the only one that ain't.
Speaker 3: Now look and look at it.
Speaker 6: Uh, why don't you just forget it and take out some other guilt and celebrate New Year's Eve that way?
Speaker 3: Oh I can't do that, eyes broke.
Speaker 2: That's why I was so happy that I could be with Comedia at her house and not have New Year's cost me nothing. I wish there was some way that I could think of so I could be invited to that party.
Speaker 3: And the wait a minute, was the matter? If you think of something, Listen.
Speaker 6: Phone Communia, tell her you was coming over the airth or something. Then when you get there, act like you don't know there is giving the New Year's Eve party and invite her out for all the swell nightclubs in town for a big evening.
Speaker 3: But now, what good is that gonna do?
Speaker 1: Well, you'll see.
Speaker 6: And when she hears you was inviting her to all these places, she gonna might ashamed of herself for not inviting you to the party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, she will want you. Yeah, that's the point in it. Now, look us.
Speaker 6: Then after that, what else can she do but invite you to her party right then and there.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll tell your son of Kim.
Speaker 3: That is called the art of hinting, Kingfish. I think you're right. That exactly what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 5: H Comedia, Comedia, Dear, what is it, Mama or Comedia? A terrible thing has happened, and I feel just awful about it. Why what happened?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 3: Just went over the invitation list again?
Speaker 5: And of all people, I forgot to send one to your boyfriend and the brown Oh, don't worry about it, Mama, and the phone, and he'll be here any minute.
Speaker 9: I can ask him.
Speaker 5: Then.
Speaker 7: Oh that's fine.
Speaker 5: I'm suddenly glad I discovered it before.
Speaker 1: It was too late. Oh that must be Andy.
Speaker 5: And now Mama, I don't let him in. Well, say hello to him for me, Comedia. I still have so much to do before the party, all right, Mama, Hello, Andy, come.
Speaker 3: In, Hell hello comedian. She it's good to see you.
Speaker 4: Andy.
Speaker 3: Uh, look, Comellia, I come over to ask you something.
Speaker 2: I got something to ask you too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'll ask you mine. Now.
Speaker 2: Listen, Comelia, how about going out with me New Year's Eve? You're about three of the biggest nightclubs in hollm, we'll really have a big time.
Speaker 5: Oh Andy, I love to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'm sorry you can't on account of you got a what'd you say?
Speaker 5: I said, I'd love to, you know, I was just about to ask you to come to the party. My folks are give him for what's a no party at home compared to the New Year's Eve you've got planned?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But uh uh, Camellia, don't you think on the second thought? There? Your folks might not like you not being at your own party.
Speaker 5: Oh no, they won't mind.
Speaker 3: Oh well I couldn't do that.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'll cancel my reservations at the nightclubs and I'll come to your party.
Speaker 5: Andy, don't be silly. It's all sells now. I'm going to you on your New Year's Eve.
Speaker 7: Mm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, anyway, I'm certainly glad there's a new year coming. It's got to have less trouble for me to get into than this one did.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: The Kingfisher is brilliant. Idea has hardly gone according to plan, and it looks like Andy is Dougie's on grave. We'll see if he can get out of it in just a moment. Folks, Remember the visitor I had last New.
Speaker 7: Year's Yeah, remember nobody forget me?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, he said, Hey, wait a minute, who are you?
Speaker 3: You know who I am? I am all the time.
Speaker 5: I'm on my way out, but not until I came up on you will hawk.
Speaker 3: Remember that woman in Peoria, Illinois.
Speaker 4: You you mean the one who used to run her washer for nearly an hour at a time. Well, look, Spirit, I told her about Rinso. Now she knows it takes as little as a five minute run per load to get clothes rinso white.
Speaker 3: Don't haunt me, spirit, please?
Speaker 2: Well what about that woman over and Aville, North Carolina?
Speaker 4: The one who used to wear herself houts, scrubbing every what day skirt? I told her about Rinso too. Now now now she lets Rinso Sophia rich studs, soaker clothes clean, good will.
Speaker 1: Hop good do one more little matter?
Speaker 3: Did you ever speak for that lady and Saint Louis Missore?
Speaker 4: Uh about doing the dish with Rinsto? You mean, I'm sure sure she's been using rinstou? She says, dishwashing is a snap.
Speaker 3: Fine. Fine. He bought the good Wite wellbox. You the.
Speaker 4: Friends help me to have a good report. Next time, will you get rinsto? And now back to the Amos and Andy show. Well, now it looks like Andy is definitely going to spend New Year's evilone by taking the Kingfish's advice. He's gotten himself hooked up for an expensive evening making the rounds of the best Harlem nightclubs. Andy is broke, and right now he's telling Amos his troubles.
Speaker 2: Well that's the story, Amos, and I ain't got the money to take.
Speaker 3: Her to a picture show much. Let's the three big nightclubs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I tell you one thing, and well you are concerned that certainly ain't.
Speaker 1: No trouble shortage? Uh, what is you gonna tell Comedia Jackson?
Speaker 3: Now I've done already told her.
Speaker 2: I phoned a little while ago that I was called out of town on business. Oh Aim as a fine New Year's eve, I'm gonna have wait a minute, there'll come Fred win Dlle.
Speaker 1: Well hello there, for its happened New Year to proof of you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, saying to you, Fred, And the reason I dropped in was to ask you to do a little favor for.
Speaker 3: Now wait a minute, to wait a minute.
Speaker 2: I ain't in no mood to do nobody no favor. I as in a mess, and I don't see nobody trying to help me out.
Speaker 9: All right, But then look here, I done been invited to the Jackson party. And since I hear that you ain't going, I want you to do me a favor so I can go.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you wants me to do you a favor, so you can go.
Speaker 3: Everybody goes there but me. Well, I ain't gonna do you no favor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, since you ain't going to the party, and at least you can listen to what Fred got to say.
Speaker 2: Look, fellows, look I got enough trouble without listening to either one of you.
Speaker 3: Now, when y'all get out of here and let me alone, both of you, I ain't doing no favors for nobody.
Speaker 9: Well, and that's the way you feel about all right, So long, wait a minute, I go with you, Fred. I gotta drive by and pick up the woman that's gonna stay with our children, so ruben me can go to the party tonight.
Speaker 1: Well, so long, and sorry you feel like you do, but so long.
Speaker 2: They sorry that I feel like I do. They all get invited to the party, But I have a loan, and that's almost New Year's Eve too. Well, well, Reverend Johnson, come in, come in. Oh, thank you didn't see your church this morning, Andy. Yeah, well I've been pretty busy today, Reverend Johnson. I'll be there next week though.
Speaker 10: Yes, I can understand about people being busy. Yes, a lot of our friends are busy preparing for the new year.
Speaker 3: Oh. Yes, yes, so that's right, That exactly what I've been doing.
Speaker 10: Yes, you know, Andy, preparing for the new year in the right way is just as important as coming to church, maybe in some cases even more important.
Speaker 3: Tears.
Speaker 10: Huh, yes, you see, Andy. To most people, the new year's a symbol of hope and promise for something better. It's the opportunity to erase the mistakes of the past, to make new friendships, and to strengthen the old ones. But deeper that, Andy, the hour of twelve, that line between the old year and the new is actually a horizon beyond which all hope for a better world. Yeah you're right, yes, sir, we're all hoping to find a better world.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 10: Ah, but that's mistake, Andy, find and imply, luck chance, we don't find a better world. We make a better word?
Speaker 3: We does? How do we make it.
Speaker 10: Well by doing things for other people. You see, when you do things for other people, Andy, they love you for it. And when there's love, there can't be greed. And when there's no greed, there's no hate. And where there's no hate, there can be no such thing as war and bad. Andy is a better word.
Speaker 2: Reverend Johnson, you mean that if I does another fellow of favor, someday they'll come.
Speaker 3: Back to me. Is that what you mean?
Speaker 10: A thousand fold? Remember these words, my son cast by bread upon the waters.
Speaker 3: Cast I have bread.
Speaker 2: See, Reverend, I just remember a favor I refuse to do for a friend that I'm went out and do it right now? You know what, I'm glad Andy by doing this favor, you make this a better word. Yes, sir, you can count on me, but don't expect too much of a change.
Speaker 7: The first day, Fred.
Speaker 2: In other words, when you was over there and asked me to do a favor for you, you know I was a little short with you there. My mind was on something else, and I think that I give you kind of a short answer.
Speaker 9: Well, and sure we are nice ever to come over here and tell me all that. In other words, you mean that you will.
Speaker 2: Do me the favor, oh Shore, I will show like Reverend Johnson, say, cast a few crumbs of bread on the waters, and you get back loads of bread.
Speaker 3: Now, what do you want to do for your Fred?
Speaker 9: I went Now, look here and hear what I want you to do, and.
Speaker 1: I still will appreciate it too.
Speaker 9: You know, I a doing a lot of jobs over the newspaper there, and one of my jobs is a society reporter. Yeah, I know that, and I got some work to do to night. But if you could do it from it, you see, that would make it so I could go to the Jackson party.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, Fred, I'll be glad to do it for you. What you want me to do?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 9: Look you here exactly what I'm gonna ask you to do. I supposed to make the round of the best Halem night clubs and get the names of the prominent guests spending New Year's Eve at these clubs.
Speaker 3: You see, I make the rounds of the best hall of night club.
Speaker 9: You say, yeah, that's right, then exactly right, And the headwaiter in each one of them will give you a list of all the guests there, you see. Now, now here's a press pass that will admit to you and one friend all of them, and by the way, and you being a representative of the press, the management of each nightclub will give y'all all your refreshments and food free of charge.
Speaker 3: That's what they do. Boy, that Reverend Johnson really know his stuff. Dn'y.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is great. I'll call comedian tell her ies back in town. That bread eye cast on the water this time is coming back in the shape of a wedding cake, Reverend Johnson eyes on my way over to pick up my gal Camellia. But I just dropped in to tell you how much I appreciate your advice you gave me, you know about helping others and getting repaid for it.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad to feel that way. Andy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, from now on, I as a firm believer in that helping and getting repaid stuff. I never seen nothing work so fast. Andy, I wonder if you'd do a favor for me right now. Well, I got a handful of bread. Where do you want me to throw it?
Speaker 10: Well, there's a young couple, the soldier this girl. Well, they're waiting in the chapel for me to marry her. That was on my way out to find a witness.
Speaker 2: But now that you're here, oh, Joe, Joe, I'll be glad to be a witness at the wedding show.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, Andy.
Speaker 7: Heh.
Speaker 10: Here's a young couple now, Sally, Jimmy, come over here with you. I'd like for you to meet Andrew Brown.
Speaker 3: How you doing it? Brown?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: Congratulations?
Speaker 7: Uh uh.
Speaker 2: I suppose now the two of you is getting married. You're going out and have a swell time celebrating New.
Speaker 3: Year's Eve and you're a wedding both. Well, we should like to, but I'm afraid we can't do much.
Speaker 2: Celebrating getting married is taking about all the money we've got.
Speaker 10: You mean, you two young people aren't going to celebrate your winding and on New Year's Eve too?
Speaker 1: Well, you see leaving. The reason we are getting married so unexpectedly like this is because Jimmy's going overseas ain't day now and we just got enough money left for me to get back home.
Speaker 3: Oh well, that's a shame. You could photog out somewhere, though, could you.
Speaker 10: Well, I don't know, Andy, it's pretty expensive going out on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 3: Man, That is right. The cafes is charging say, wait a minute, I got idea.
Speaker 2: Why couldn't I give the soldier and his gal here the press pass that I wonder if I was overdoing just catching the bread stuff?
Speaker 3: Andy, what are you thinking about?
Speaker 2: Well, I was just thinking that I could give the bride and the groom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll help make a better world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look here, Jimmy, you and Sally are going to have a wonderful New Year's celebration for your wedding. Now listen, here's a press pass. Both of you go to the best place in Harlem and it won't cost you.
Speaker 3: A single cent.
Speaker 2: Well, this is great. Back home, four walls by myself and they go get soft out.
Speaker 3: They can't give that press pass away to them kids. I could be dancing with Comedia right now. Some nightclub just ain't a mess. Wish everybody let me alone? Come in? Well hello there, and then, oh amos, what you doing here? I thought you and Ruby was at the Charles Jackson Park.
Speaker 6: Well we couldn't go, and and the woman that was forced to stay with the turan couldn't come, so me and Ruther stay at home.
Speaker 1: And then Reverend Johnson dropped by and he told us what you'd done. And how you'd be all alone tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I was a sucker, spoiling my New Year's Eve for a couple of strange kids. Reverend Johnson told me to cast my bread on the water to come back to me. I was unhappy, amos unhappy?
Speaker 1: Andy? What's you done tonight? Or to make you the happiest and proudest man? I know you see Andy?
Speaker 3: Uh wait, wait, wait, lions to the phone out in the hall.
Speaker 1: Yeah waiting, Yeah, well take your time and to go ahead. Hello Andy, this is Fred Greindell again.
Speaker 2: Oh listen, Fred, I couldn't go to the night clubs for you, but I got a friend of mine that's going and he'll get you all of the names.
Speaker 9: Oh that's great, Andy, Carse. I was gonna ask you to change your plans from anyway.
Speaker 3: What's your mean?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 9: You know over the newspaper. I take care of the theatrical.
Speaker 10: News too, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, a girl that just got to town and she's been invited to a big private party tonight, and I was wondering if.
Speaker 3: You would go with her.
Speaker 9: You go right to the party, you'd have a swell time. Well, who is the gal I'll hold your hat and it's Lena Horn.
Speaker 2: Lena Horn. She is the best looking gallon the country.
Speaker 9: Yeah, when I look you, put on your best clothes. I'll meet you in front of your house with the automobile and I'll take you of an introducer.
Speaker 2: Okay, see you in ten minutes. So long, amos That Reverend Johnson is the writer's two rapids?
Speaker 1: Oh what happened? What happened?
Speaker 2: I don't cast some crumbs of bread on the water, and somebody done sent me a bakery.
Speaker 4: And now i'll hear our Amos and Andy again?
Speaker 3: How do you do?
Speaker 1: Folks?
Speaker 11: Hello everybody, Well, all the time it is about chop off another year, and before the year passes, we want to again tell you, folks how much we really appreciate your friendship and loyalty which you have shown us in the past.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are very grateful for the way we have listened to our program each week, also for your very nice letters, and we are very grateful for the fact that so many of our friends have tried Rinso through hearing Harlow Wilcox tell about it.
Speaker 6: Yes, we feel particularly proud of that because we know you have found NSO to be a great help to you.
Speaker 2: We're going to try to merit your continued friendship during the coming year by giving you the very best shows that we can possibly give.
Speaker 9: And now from our hearts, we wish you a very happy New Year, hoping that nineteen forty five will bring victory and.
Speaker 2: Happiness that goes for me too, folks, good night and happy New Year.
Speaker 1: Be sure to be with us again.
Speaker 4: Next Friday evening, the makers of Rinzo once again present amoson Andy with their guests that shy little funny man of the movies, Victim Moore. This program is broadcast to our armed forces everywhere. This is Harlow Wilcox and before we say good night, here's an important announcement. You ladies are doing a swell job of saving used kitchen fats, but you've got to do more than just save them. You've got to turn them into your butcher regularly. The used fats you've got tucked away and your refrigerator aren't doing anybody any good. And since further point, rationing has become vitally necessary to ensure a fair share of food supplies for all you need more than ever the two free red points which you receive for turning in a pound of used fat.
Speaker 1: They listen.
Speaker 4: Burns and Allen fans don't get left behind. Tune in on Mondays from now on. George and Gracie have changed their showtime. From now on you'll hear them at eight thirty Monday. Remember the fun you can have with the Burnses. Remember the new time, George Burns and Grazie Allen Monday Night at eight thirty Eastern wartime. See your paper for station.
Speaker 3: This is the National Broadcasting Company.