Speaker 1: Welcome into Fantasy Football Night in America. This is f FPC Insider Access on the Better Sports Network. My name is Eric Balkman. You know me from the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour. The road of is high Stakes, low down, and of course the Fantasy Football Players Championship. You can connect with me on x at Eric Balkman as well. High Hello and welcome. It is going to be a fun one tonight. It is late August. Two weeks from today, the NFL season will begin with the Cowboys and Eagles kicking it off live from Philadelphia. Cannot wait. The only thing I could think of is jamming in as many Fantasy football drafts as I can before that hits. And you can do the same with the Fantasy Football Players Championship. We had the FFPC Big Gorilla Tournament going off, filling up a dozen plus drafts a day. Next week, that's going to turn into two dozen plus drafts today if you count slow drafts, it's gonna be like three dozen plus drafts andrea a day. Everybody's trying to get in to try to win this million dollar grand prize. Remember you're gonna get a fifty dollars discount on every third team that you buy for that and the seven bananas promo is live too. So even if you're not winning or drafting good teams, as long as you keep getting that seven pick randomly multiple times in a row, you're gonna get three teams. We have given away I believe now sixty free FFPC Bestball Tournament teams. We've given away five FFPC Main Event teams for those teams that have gotten the seven pick twice and three times in a row, respectively. And if those people keep getting it, they're gonna get a free high society draft as well. And if you get it five times in a row, and that's a ten thousand dollars entry, and if you get it five times in a row, we're gonna give you a Jungle Safari for four or fifty thousand dollars, whichever you'd prefer. That is at my FFPC dot com, same place as you're gonna find the f FPC Main Event. It is our flagship contest again, another million dollar grand prize in that tournament as well a six million dollar plus prize pool. We have draft slots available yet tonight if you want to draft, and of course slow drafts going on as well the FFPC Best Ball and super Flex Bestball Tournament one hundred and twenty five and thirty five dollars respectively to enter those three hundred thousand dollars and one hundred thousand dollars grand prizes in those and we added one hundred thousand dollars runner up prize in the Best Ball Tournament this year as well. Drafts are available with thirty second, sixty second, two hour, and six hour clocks right now at MYFFPC dot com. Dynasty startups going strong as wellyffpc dot com. We've been doing dynasty for a decade and a half. We have more than two thousand dynasty leagues on our website. None have ever folded. So if you're signing up for a dynasty league with the FFPC, you know you're in it for as long as you want to be in it. Again, that's YFFPC dot com. And if I could bring you some bit of news here tonight, the six hour drafts be it in the Big Gorilla, the Best Ball Tournament, the main event, the super Flex Bestball Tournament, or Dynasty leagues. We are anticipating the last day we're offering those six hour drafts will be tomorrow. That's going to be it, and then we're going to switch to two hours or live drafts. So if you like the six hours six hour per pick, register your teams now at myffpc dot com. Shout out to our producers. Show on Angle filling in for Matt Deutsch tonight, I will bring in my guest co host here shortly. But before we get to that, Before I bring him on, I do want to talk about what's going on around in the NFL. I think we have a game tonight. I want to say it's the Steelers and Panthers. Yeah, that's gonna kick off any minute here, I think. So we'll be following that action and we'll also have Patriots Giants at the top of the hour as well. For those of you who are looking to follow along with what's happening on in the NFL, you can check that out now. Okay, let's get into what's going on around the NFL. The We'll start off in northeast Wisconsin here where I'm at, talking about the Green Bay Packers. Matt Lafleur talked to the media today talking about Romeo. The Romeo Dobs trade rumors that are out there and Lafleur said, that's not gonna happen. Lafleur went on to say that Dobbs is out there competing. He's done every thing that he needs to or that the Packers need to see from him. Remember last year, Dobbs was suspended for a game, and we got the feeling that it was because he was upset with his role or upset that he wasn't you know, getting the ball and off or what have you. After that one game suspension, came back, caught two touchdowns and seemed to me that all of his you know, the guys that congratulated in the end zone first were his fellow wide receivers. So it sounds like this is this is a nothing burger and he's not going to be moved. I think if you connect the dots, it's pretty easy to see that there are certain teams around the NFL that need receivers, and there are certain teams that are pretty rich with wide receivers, the Packers being one of them. It's part of the reason I have been staying away for from Green Bay receivers this year, including Tuckerkraft. And I'll explain why the Packers offense last year shifted to a much more robust running game, right, a power ground game. I think a lot of that had to do with Jordan Love in his knee injury. There wasn't a whole lot of fantasy goodness for wide receivers on a week to week basis. Yeah, Best Ball you probably made it work with Jayden Reid, but that only lasted the first two thirds of the season, and then he had that shoulder injury kind of got shut down without being shut down after that, where the Packers just never really used him. Obviously, Christian Watson is a huge threat when he's out on the field, and teams have to respect that. The fantasy production was just not there. And then you think about don Tavian Wicks had the opportunity to make a lot of big plays and get some spike weeks for Best Ball leagues, but he dropped a lot of passes last year too, which was really frustrating. You get Matthew Golden this year, you get Savian Williams, but all these other guys are back. Watson is probably going to be back at some point this season, and so now you have a situation where you have all this talent. The Packers are probably going to be passing a little bit more than they were last year, but maybe not all the way because they found something in Josh Jacobs. When you look at where you have to take some of these Green Bay packers, pass catchers and drafts. And I'll go with Fantasy Mojo's website. Darren ARMANI the godfather of the FFPC pros versus Joe's competition, a guy that anytime we cite ADP we are using his website fantasymojo dot com. Connect with them on x at Fantasy Mojo, and there's a ton of other tools on that when it comes to blind bidding for waivers at the stack counter, everything, stack tracker, everything like that is available at a fantasymojo dot com. And what I want to cite here is these packers ADP values for Big Gorilla drafts. Right, so you have Matthew Golden the first one off the board, wide receiver thirty nine at the seven O eight. Jayden Reig goes quite a bit behind him. Obviously he was in a walking boot until recently. He's going at the nine to eleven right now, by reading that, right, yeah, nine to eleven. Romeo Dobbs a sixteenth round pick, Christian Watson eighteenth, Dantavian Wis eighteenth. The value is fine for Watson and Wix there, but when are you going to know when it's a Watson week? When are you going to know when it's a Wix week. I'm fine with taking the chance on Matthew Golden, but now his price because of his big preseason and training camp, he's ascended to a mid seventh round pick. I don't know if I want to mess around with that, concidering that that is a valuable pick and I can get other receivers around him where I know what the role is on that team. Jayden Reid too is I think you could you could make the same case with him as well, so and Tuckercraft. That could be completely wrong about mate. If he's the top five tight end this year, that that should not surprise me, and it probably will. But for me and talking about the Packers, this is what it's all about. It's it's fine for best Ball not mess around with these guys and manage leagues. I was messing around with Matthew Golden briefly, but his ADP is getting a little too out of control for me. Now in the seventh round. In fact, he went as high as the early sixth in an f FPC Big Gorilla Draft yesterday. So that's something that we're following here with these packers. And if you've got a good handle on it, go with God. But I sure cannot figure it out and I don't plan on trying to figure that out going forward. Here, let's talk about Spencer Ratler. He is going to start the final preseason game of the season here for the Saints against the Broncos. The quarterbacks for New Orleans have had their moments against backups. Once they get to the starters is starting defenses. I don't think it's going to be all that great. Rattler actually started the second half last week, and I would imagine this might mean that Rattler is going to be the starter week one. Although I don't want to read too much into it. I think this is the take home with this. You don't want to be interested in Saints' quarterbacks in chuck In and Rattler this year, Well you should be interested in what I'm interested in. Juwan Johnson, Chris Olave, Rashid Shaheed I'm talking about and Alvin Kamara, I'm talking about taking all those guys, not on all the same team, but definitely at their prices in drafts. The New Orleans A offense last year was about as bad as one could imagine, and you know, I don't know how much worse it's gonna be this year, but you're gonna have Chris o'lave to start off this season. I still think Alvin Kamara there's something there. In regards to Rashid Shahed. This is a player that I just drafted him again in a KFFSC draft today. I just can't get enough of this guy, and he's going super late in drafts. If you look at the mojo on Rashid Shaheed right now, a player who has been working in the slot in training camp and in games as well, which is only going to add to his target volume this year. Shihed is wide receiver fifty four at the eleven oh seven and and Chris o'lave, Yeah, he's a he's a mid seventh round pick. But I think that the thing to understand with the Saints is both of these guys, Olave and Shaheed are gonna do numbers this year. I'm big fans of of Olave, and Shiheed, and Kamara is another running back too that I'm drafting as my number two in a lot of drafts. I think if you go robust running back, you might be able to get him as your third running back, although that might be getting a little bit aggressive dependent upon how your draft is going. Look, New Orleans gonna be passing a lot. They might be involved in some shootouts in that division with Tampa, Atlanta and Carolina. You don't necessarily, you know, like talent is not everything, and elite offenses are not everything. You know, Sometimes you just put up stats because you're forced to put up stats, and that could be the case with New Orleans this year. O Lovey's got talent. Sheheed's got talent. A lot of people were telling you to take where she Shiheed last year. I wasn't one of them, but I definitely am this year. I was on the Roda Wire Fantasy Football Draft marathon with Jim Coventry earlier this week and we were all assigned a team. Well, we got to pick a team, and I picked the Saints just because I saw some value there that I think was being underappreciated by FFPC drafters, And I think you need to take a closer look. When you're on the clock in the mid seventh, when you're on the clock in the midle eleventh, quite frankly, when you're on the clock in the in the early fourth Camara O Lave Shahid. These are guys Juan Johnson late too at the nineteen oh four in FFPC Big Gorilla drafts. It's crazy and you can get him as your third tight end, So I love that. I'm a big fan of that as well. Some Chargers news here and I want to lead things off. This will be my Omari and Hampton story. Daniel Popper, who covers the Los Angeles Chargers, cited Jim Harbaugh not talking about Naji Harris whether he's going to begin the regular season on the NFI list or not. He was asked about specifically by the media, and I don't know if it's Daniel Popper himself who asked it, but he was asked about, Hey, are you gonna put Naji Harris on the NFI list, and Harbass said, quote, when Naji is ready to play, Naji will be ready to play. And then speculation about whether he's going on this list or not beyond today goes over the eagle limit of what ifs. God bless Jim Harbaugh, a master wordsmith. Here, here's the takeaway the tld R and this isn't good for Harris and you shouldn't feel great about drafting Naji Harris right now. You know the thing is with with this Chargers running back situation. To me, it's all about Omari and Hampton. If I'll say this, when you were drafting Omari and Hampton after the NFL Draft, you knew he was going to be sharing the backfield with Naji Harris. Right Jim Harbo has already said that he's going to be sharing the backfield with somebody. He was always going to be in a rotation. That rotation is going to be Omarion Hampton, Kamani Vidal, Raheem Sanders. None of these guys should scare you off of Omari and Hampton, who could be in for a big baller year. I understand the Rashaan Slater injury that was not great. In fact, there's there's some people that are saying that this is really going to destroy the offensive line in the Chargers offense in general. I'm not one of those people. I'm still team Omari and Hampton. He has ascended right now in drafts in FFPC Big Gorilla drafts. Over the last two days. You're looking at Naji Harris's running back fifty four, excuse me, Marion Hampton running back thirteen at the three h four. John Dagel from established the run in his pros Versus Joe's draft after the news came out about Harris where you know, he couldn't open his eye. He was wearing a weighted vest and walking around. John Dagiel and his pros Versus Joe draft took him at the end of the second round, like at the two ten, and we thought that was crazy. And now it's just like he was just being aggressive because it could be wheels up for Hampton this year, with or without Slater. He's gonna get volume, he's gonna do numbers, He's going to catch passes, he's gonna do it all. Naji Harris to me, I mean, I don't know how late he'd have to go for me to consider him. At this point. In fact, I'm kind of regretting drafting him after the fireworks incident. I think it was gonna be as bad he has fallen to the thirteenth round, and I still don't know if he's worth taking in the thirteenth round. This could be something that dogs them all year. So this is this is something that we will be following over the next two weeks. But FFPC Drafters are certainly not pushing him up boards right now, and I don't know what the ceiling is. I don't know what the upside is of taking him in the thirteenth round either. There's some contingent upside I guess if Hanton were to go down. But Harris is still probably gonna be sharing the backfield with these other guys and rotating him in sticking with the Chargers here, let's talk about the receivers. Trey Harris Quentin Johnston are both in the news. Trey Harris is not going to be playing tonight. He left yesterday's practice early due to tightness. Jim Harbad did not speak to this much. Here's why I don't think it necessarily matters, because of the signing of Keenan Allen, because of the big time play of ca Andre Lambert Smith. I think that you have to start looking at Trey Harris as just kind of having a lost year in twenty twenty five, he's been out played by a rookie that was drafted after him. The Chargers went out and got their old familiar slot guy in Keenan Allen, who's actually been playing on the outside now for the Chargers. So Trey Harris is fine for Dynasty. I drafted him a couple of spots. I'm not cutting. I'm gonna keep him there obviously, but for redraft purposes, I think he just let him go. I don't I don't really see the upside here with Trey Harris. Not to mention Quentin Johnston, who we were worried about this this injury that he had. He had a neck injury. I believe it was late last week. I don't think it was early this week, and he came back to practice. Quentin Johnston, as much as he's been kind of a punchline over the course of his rookie year in the NFL, he took some strides last year and he's been showing out in camp this year. We just kind of always assumed that these first round receivers are ready to go, but there were people out there telling you, and I quite frankly was probably one of them. Maybe not as loud as some other people that it might be, you know, Quentin Johnston might need some extra seasoning to try to get going here in in the NFL. And it did not surprise me at all that he let us down his rookie year. It also didn't surprise me at all that he took a step forward. This is sort of like the path of a lot of rookie receivers, whether you're drafted in the first round or not. So Quentin Johnston, I'm actually in on a little bit this year. I think when you look at the values of these players, as far as the receivers go, Trey Harris, I'm not taking him in the fourteenth Quentin Johnston in the eighteenth. I could see a path there in a managed league where he might make some Sensekeandre Lambert Smith, Okay, maybe still because he's the rookie, he's the unknown. It's an eighteenth round pick, you know whatever. I guess I can get on board with that, But definitely in on Keenan Allen. He's still a double digit round player. He's probably gonna catch eighty balls this year for you know, seven hundred some yards and half dozen touchdowns, and there's value in that in manage leagues, and obviously Lad McConkie is a guy that I never really dropped in in my rankings at all. He's a guy that was going in the late second round for the most part and then after allan I mean he slipped a little bit over the last two days. In the Big Guerrilla Tournament. Mcconki has gone as late as the three oh seven, but he's also gone as high as the two o six, So that's like a full round there where he's kind of going all over the place there. But he's a guy I don't doubt this season. He's a player that I definitely want to be in business with going forward. Death taxes and t Higgins injuries right, well, we had another one earlier this afternoon. T Higgins resumed practice today after he had his left ankle examined by Bengals trainers. Now it looks like he's gonna be fine, and I would think that there's you know, the fact that he resumed practicing, I would think that there's nothing here. But if you look at what T Higgins has undergone, what he suffered through the core of his career, his lower body is not exactly made of iron right. He's had some problems there, Higgins. But here's the thing. This is what you're doing when you're getting into business with T. Higgins when you want to draft him, and right now he is going as wide receiver thirteen at the three oh six. If you want to take him as a high end wide receiver two, low end wide receiver one, you have to understand that with this elite offense, with this bad defense, with all the numbers, the yards, the scores that Cincinnati is going to put up this year, you have to understand at the same time, there is a bit of an injury risk, and you have to be prepared for that. Now, if you know before the week starts that he's hurt and you can put somebody in, hey great. The thing I always worry about with drafting these guys, starting them when they're healthy, and then they get dinged up in the first quarter or the first half and you end up getting very little from them that game. I don't draft scared when I'm thinking about drafting T. Higgins. I understand the injury aspect of but it doesn't play that much in my mind. If I'm trying to win a big national tournament like if you're trying to win the FFPC Main Event or the FFPC Big Gorilla. I don't think you have. You should be drafting with that fear in your head with T Higgins. Recognize the upside, Recognize what he can do when he's right. I can't remember who said this. It was referring to Christian McCaffrey. I want to say it was Ben Gretch. I think I've referenced this on the show before, Ben Gretch from from Stealing Signals. Sometimes we ask ourselves the question about drafting these guys high, and I think he was referencing McCaffrey, Well, what happens if he gets hurt? You know? Then what does my team look like? What happens if this guy goes down? Then? How am I going to cobble together a line up? What happens if this guy can't play for me? How am I going to win games and put up points? And Ben said, well, maybe the question we should be asking ourselves what happens if he doesn't get hurt, What happens if he stays healthy? What happens if we get seventeen games from T Higgins? What happens if we get seventeen games from Christian McCaffrey. You know, it's these types of things, and we got that answer with Saquon Barkley last year with the Eagles, Right, but I'm worried. You know, he's he's had some lower body stuff and over the course of his career he's missignificant time. Well, he stayed healthy for seventeen games, put up two thousand yards. I had a legit shot at winning the MVP in any other year except for the years that josh Annaen and Lamar Jackson had. So the question was answered last year. What happens if Saquon Barkley doesn't get hurt, You're probably winning a lot of fantasy leagues. This is a guy that was going in the early second round and finished as the best running back in football. Something to keep in mind. I think sometimes we often think about the bad so much and we don't necessarily think about the positive. We don't necessarily think about the good. All Right, I want to move on here and go to Southern California. We may or may not touch on this later on in the show. I don't think we will, actually, so this is good that we could break this down now. Matt Stafford is practicing in full this week. This according to his head coach Sean McVay. Remember, he had that back injury that prevented him from starting training camp, was unhealthy or not healthy enough to play, and McVeigh said he feels quote unquote good about his current participation level, and obviously you want him to not suffer any setbacks, not needing the extra days off. And the reason I bring this up is not necessarily, hey, should I be drafting Matthew Stafford this year? The reason I bring it up is what it does to Kien Williams and then specifically DeVante Adams and Pukin Nakua. I have been with the acceptance of just drafting DeVante Adams in one draft about three days ago, two or three days ago, I can't remember. I haven't really drafted a whole lot. I think I have Nicola in one draft so far. I don't think I have Karen Williams anywhere. Matthew Stafford is never then the guy that is the fantasy beneficiary of having two great targets. He had Cooper Cup and Pokin Akula for the last couple of years, and those guys were great when they were out there, but at the same time, Matthew Stafford wasn't putting up big numbers. So this isn't a question of Matthew Stafford. This for me is a question of the likelihood that Stafford is out there for fourteen fifteen sixteen games this season throwing in Nikouah and Adams. The thing that you have to understand is Jimmy Garoppolo is the backup, and the backup plan to Jimmy Garoppolo may or may not be a trade with the Atlanta Falcons to get Kirk Cousins on board. Those are two not great plans. Now, I think Garoppolo is gonna be okay enough to keep DeVante Adams and Pokinakula from losing you weeks in fantasy. But at the same time, I don't know if he's going to be able to get the best out of these guys so that they're helping you win. And they need to help you win and not just help you not lose. Because Niku was the first round pick, you know, DeVonta Adams the third round pick. These guys need to be difference makers for you. That's the Stafford side of it. Who by the way, and I'll bring this up too. They have the big RV or whatever it was called. I don't remember the name of it, but the thing that he was going into for treatment. I guess this is something that the RAMS pay for for their players to go in. There's some red light therapy, there's all these different things, and like I said, that's a big I can't remember what it was called, but it's like this big, giant tube, this big RV trailer sized thing. And Stafford used it, but so did a lot of the other Los Angeles Rams, and it wasn't I don't even think he got his back worked on in there. It just got some other stuff like that. So I think that was a little bit overblown. But dude is thirty seven years old. Stafford is not being taken down in practice right now. He is not being hit in practice, and he's practicing every day this week, which is great. So what happens when he takes that first big sack of the season, How does he get up from that? What happens when he's got to bounce back from you know, a Monday night game and then playing on Sunday the following week, or what happens if he if he's if he plays on Sunday and he's got to go on Thursday. You know, the wear and tear of the body of Matthew Stafford or the course of fifteen years in this league is significant, and it could get even more significant this year. And like I said, it's Garoppolo and maybe Stetson Bennett or kir Cousins. I don't know, but it's not great solution. And then you look at the wide receivers themselves. Pukakua a guy who we love watching. We are a huge fan. We are huge fans of watching Pukainakua play football. He's fantastic. He goes, He's just always going all out every single play, no plays off. Here's the problem with that. Human body isn't meant to do that. From the wide receiver position, guy needs to take care of his body and he does not. He does not care about what happens to his body, doesn't land right. He's always going the extra mile and that has cost him games before. It's probably gonna cost him games again this year. So I worry. I love the reckless abandon from a selfish fans standpoint, I don't like it from a selfish fantasy standpoint because I don't know if that's what you want for your fantasy players. DeVante Adams too, he's probably gonna be okay. I feel better about his draft capital and investing in him. I like the investment of Devonte Adams at cost better than I like the investment of Pukaakua at cost. I'm a big fan of Adams. Over the course of his career. What he's been able to do as a Hall of Famer, a future Hall of Famer, He's fantastic. But he is getting up there in age, and I think if if you look at certain metrics, you have to kind of pick and choose. But there were certain things that we saw last year. Maybe he is slowing down a little bit and he's not a spring chicken anymore. So that's the other thing I think. I recognize the upside with the Rams, and you don't want to draft scare So if you are a believer in those guys, hey, you get the bulky stamp of approval on that. For me and my teams, I'm probably gonna go a different direction on a lot of those guys as it stands right now. For where these guys are going in drafts right now, Puka Nakua wide receiver seven at the two oh three. I mean, give me Brian Thomas there instead of Nakuah there, Drake London goes after him. Drake London can lead the league in targets this year. I'd rather have him than Nikua. Then you get into the aj Brown lad Mconche and then it's it's a little bit dicey then, but these guys are going a full round after Nikoua. And by the way, if you don't like Nikoua, it's not like you have to take a wide receiver there. Derrick Henry is going after him. Devon Chan, depend upon how you feel about him, he's going after him, Chase Brown, Bucky here, Mcjonathan Taylor. The list goes on. There's plenty of people that will tell you that all those guys are better choices than Nikoua, and I might be one of them for the Rams right now in general. And then oh, getting back to Devonte Adams right now, he's wide receiver eighteen. I think you can make a strong case that Tetero McMillan's a better choice than him. Xavier Worthy, Courtland Sutton, I think I'd rather have all Well, let me think about this. I'd rather have McMillan than him, for sure, I'd rather have I think i'd rather have Marvin Harris. Yea, I'd rather have Marvin Harrison than I'm xavier' worthy. I'd rather have than him. And then it gets a little bit. I'd probably split it down the middle between Adams and Courtland Sutton. That's that's just a feel thing for me at that point. Some things, I might take Sutton. Some leagues, I might take Adams, but all those guys are going after him in ADP right now, so something to be monitoring. Bryce Hall is also going after Davante Adams, but I think I'd rather have Adams there. We might may or may not get into the Jets running game later on in the show. Let's talk about let's see what do I want to go to next? Here? I think I will go to Travis Hunter because this is a of all the players that I have drafted so far this year, and I'm in probably i don't know, maybe fifteen, ten to fifteen Best ball Leagues and twenty to twenty five Managed league somewhere around there. As it stands right now, I think that I'm more of a managed league Best Ball's fun, but I like to be able to mold my clay, so to speak, throughout the season. So I'm definitely in more managed leagues. Travis Hunter's on a lot of them, and I'm not panicking yet, and I don't think anybody should be panicking. But Travis Hunter did not practice today. He's got an upper body injury. Don't know what that means, and he's not going to be playing in Not only he missed the joint practice today with the Dolphins, and he's not gonna be playing in the Saturday game against Miami as well. Apparently Liam Cohen considered allowing Hunter to play today this is Thursday, but he wanted to avoid any chance of rea aggravation of the injury, so no setbacks have been reported. If it was a game today, Cohen said that a Hunter probably would have played. None of the starters are actually playing for the Jaguars against the Dolphins, so that's good. It doesn't make me feel great, But at the same time, part of the reason I love drafting Travis Hunter so much this season is he's a unicorn. He is a true unknown. We talk about drafting unknowns as far as rookies go, Like We just don't know how they're going to perform at the NFL level. Justin Jefferson was far from the first wide receiver drafted the year he's picked in the NFL and then went on to have an absolute baller season and he's on the Hall of Fame trajectory right now. So we just don't know. And then you know, John Ross a former top ten pick, Corey Davis, a former top five pick. We thought those guys are going to be great, they weren't in the pros. So you just never know. And yeah, when you draft players like this, some of them are gonna bust. But sometimes you have to live dangerously. And I don't think there's a whole lot of danger and Hunter, I think this guy is a freak. I think what he was able to do at the collegiate level blew my mind and a lot of other people's minds. It was absolutely crazy town banana pants that this guy was playing, you know, nearly every single snap offense and defense for an FBS program. It was just crazy. Wins the Fred Blitnikoff Trophy for the best wide receiver, wins the Heisman Trophy for the best player, and now he's wide receiver thirty one at the six oh five. I get that Brian Thomas is going to command a lot of targets, but Jaguar's paid a lot of draft capital to move up to select Hunter. And you know we're talking about I think Liam Cohen said that eighty percent of his practices we're going to be spent on offense. I don't know if that means eighty percent of the snaps he's gonna play. That'd be a really high rate, especially if he's playing defense. So I'd definitely be down on that or down for that, I should say. The thing with Hunter is though, like I don't know what this guy is capable of and not in equal parts, but that scares me, and it also excites me of having this guy in my team as my third wide receiver or if I go heavy wide receiver early on hav him like my fourth wide receiver. Travis Hunter is your four. There's a non zero chance that this guy is a top fifteen guy this year. And I know you have to be bullish on Liam Cohen, you have to be bullish on Trevor Lawrence, and that hasn't really worked out in the past. Being bullish on Trevor Lawrence. But at the same time, you have to recognize the upside, and there's a ton of it with Travis Hunter as long as he stays in the mid sixth round FFPC Drafters. I think he's a player that you need to seriously look at. Who you know, who's more exciting there, Travis Hunter or Jerry Judy. Travis Hunter is a Flowers Travis Hunter or Rashie Rice who could be facing a you know, a suspension of you know, nearly half the season. It's Travis Hunter for me. Now you want to get into a Mecca Agbuka, You want to get into Ricky Pearsall. Okay, I get why there's excitement there, and maybe you'd rather have Pearsall, who's probably going to go into the season as the unquestioned number one wide receiver for the San Francisco forty nine ers. I get why you'd take Piersoll over a Hunter. I get why you take Aggbuca for Tampa. You know, coming off the season that Tampa did last year, and now you know the running out of warm bodies in Central Florida right now, So ag Buka could be the featured guy on a lot of passing routes. We've heard nothing but good things about Agbuka so far this season, so I think that's so far this preseason, so I think that that's a fine pick if you want to take him over Hunter. I still would rather have a Hunter over Agbuka, but I will admit that it is getting closer to me taking pulling the trigger with Agbuka over Travis Hunter Junior. Right, Yeah, Aguka over Travis Hunter. Okay. The scare for Lamar Jackson seems to be just that, a scare and nothing else. He had X rays on his foot that came back earlier this afternoon. Lamar Jackson's foot has no damage. According to those x rays. The foot after being stepped on in practice yesterday, is a little sore, but he's fine. He didn't practice today and it sounds like he's gonna be fine. So anybody who was worried about Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen, if you were saying, oh, you know, I don't know about Jackson's foot, I'm gonnake Josh Allen instead. That's fine if you still want to do that, But I think it's to me this I hesitate to use the word nothing Burger. But I do think ultimately this is just a blip on the radar the leagues I have Lamar Jackson in I feel good leagues that I have not drafted yet. I'd feel fine taking him as the first quarterback off the board. Isaiah Bond. This is interesting. So Mary Kay Cabot from the Cleveland Playing Dealer, I think she's still with the CPD. I could be wrong about that, is reporting that Isaiah Bond is going to be playing in the third preseason game against the Los Angeles Rams. He has practiced three times and already we're finding out that this dude is playing in a real life NFL preseason game for Cleveland. I can't believe he is anywhere close to mastering the offense. I can't believe there's any kind of chemistry going on with Isaiah Bond and presumed Week one starter Joe Flacco. Well, not presumed, it was announced that he's going to be the starter for Week one. I'm not going to get down with Isaiah Bond in redraft leagues dynasty. Okay, see what can happen. But this is a guy who's going to be coming off on a slow start, not only because he's a rookie, but because he missed all this time, so I think you can look elsewhere and focus in on Jerry Judy and Harold Fannin and David and Joku Cedric Tillman, for God's sake, over Isaiah Bond. I would rather have Bond than Deontay Johnson for what it's worth. But that's the whole mystery box thing that I would tell you that you need to be paying attention to Deontay Johnson is I wouldn't say probably not making the team, but it's like a fifty to fifty shot at this point. Dan Quinn. We'll get into more commander's talk later on, but I do want to mention this, John conn reporting this that as the commander said, Coach dan Quinn says, he quote sees the ascension taking place with Jalen Lane. I know there are a lot of pundents out there that were on Jalen Lane after the NFL Draft when he landed excuse me, with the Commanders. He was a fourth round pick this year, Day three, early day three pick, and apparently he is responding very well to the coaching. He's getting there and at some point could be the number three receiver or maybe higher. If Terry McLaurin doesn't get into camp at this point, you gotta stash him in dynasty just to see what happens. You want to take him at the in Best Ball Drafts, a twenty eight round Best Ball Drafts. I can get down with that. I still think he's a borderline redraft pick right now. Noah Brown right now is hurt or actually I shouldn't say hurt. He's close to returning. We don't know exactly what's going on with him, but we will find out here shortly. Here's another thing that I think is important to understand. Dana Rassini brought this up for the athletic We have cutdown day coming up. In the NFL, We're honestly going to be paying very close attention to what players make the team and what players don't make the team. Maybe not so much at receiver and tight end and quarterback, but definitely at running back because this is where things can change quite a bit. With one signing. The Saints, the Browns and the Chiefs are among the teams making calls trying to acquire rushers. The Browns, we don't know what's going on with Quinn Shawn Jenkins, He's no higher than a tenth round pick for me, so I'm probably not going to get him in a lot of spots. I just don't know what is going to happen with him. Maybe doesn't sign a deal at all, and him and the Browns can't come to any kind of agreement. I think that you have to understand that he's a rookie and it was always going to be It was never going to be a fast learning curve with him either. So when you have a situation with Quinchun Judkins coming into a backfield that already has dron Ford, that already has Dylan Simpson, Dylan Samson, excuse me, this is not ideal for him to all of a sudden take the reins after he missed all this time and become a low end running back too. So I think I'm out on him. Russini is saying that the Saints, the Browns, and the Chiefs are among the teams trying to acquire running backs. Here. The Chiefs have Pachecko, the Saints have Kamara, but really nothing behind them. I know the Chiefs have a ton of bodies behind Pachecko, but I don't know if any of those guys are a dude. Maybe Brichard Smith, maybe not Devin Neil. To me is it was more I don't think he's all that athletically town and maybe he's a good football player. He missed two weeks of camp as well, and he's fighting for the backup role with Kendra Miller. Here's what I want you to understand, and this goes for any of you drafting Jamonte Williams, drafting Jayden Blue, drafting Miles Sanders in Dallas, and there's some other running back situations that we could make mention of this. Just because a player makes a team doesn't necessarily mean that his standing on the depth chart is safe. After cutdown day, Brian Robinson, in my estimation, probably not gonna be on the Commanders for Week one of the season. And I think that might be a safe bet right now. And if that is the case, where's he gonna go? Is he gonna go to Kansas City to disrupt things with Pacheco, with Brishard Smith, Elijah Mitchell, all those other guys there. Is he gonna go to New Orleans to maybe be a between the tackles banger to go with Alvin Kamara being sort of a very experienced and very you know, a rich Man satellite back. It's possibility as well the Cowboys, you know, all of a sudden, that makes at least two of those guys not draftable, right if Brian Robinson goes to Dallas. So I think we have to understand you draft in the moment you draft for today, understanding that you have to have caveats with a lot of these running backs. If you wait, you go zero RB. Hey, that's cool, but you better go heavy on these players in the middle of draft because their value, their role is a lot more volatile than somebody you'd see in the first three rounds. You don't need to watch the show for me to understand that point. You already know that point. I'm just bringing it up once again here that these backfields are still going to be fluid even after the preseason ends, even after cutdown day comes. So something to keep in mind as well. We did and I'll go back to Tampa here. I know I was talking about Aguca earlier. We got some pretty good news in my opinion from Greg Alman, who covers the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Todd Bowles told the media today that Tristan Worse, despite his knee injury, he's going to open the season on the fifty three man roster. Now, that doesn't necessarily similar to what they're saying about Chris Godwin too, doesn't necessarily mean they're playing in September. In fact, I think it's a virtual guarantee that while Worf's and Godwin are going to be on the fifty three man, I don't think that they're going to play week one. I think Godwin is still not going to play until October. But they're leaving these guys on the roster so they can practice with the team if they are ready. And is week four unrealistic, I don't think so. Week three maybe unrealistic. The Tristan Worf's thing, I think is so important because and Evan Silva has been driving this thing home all off season ever since Worf's got that knee injury. You don't have a super talented swing tackle on Tampa to come in, so Baker Manfield has just as much time as he did last year to find Evans and Godwin down the field. Kaye Otten too, you have like probably below level replacement or replacement level at best tackle coming in there, and that can really change your offense. We already thought, or at least I did, thought, that there's gonna be some significant regression coming for the Buccaneers offense this year, and I'm not backing off that I think it will happen. But the earlier they can get Worfs in there, the better. And as soon as he comes in and makes his appearance, I'm gonna feel much more warm and fuzzy about that entire Buccaneers offense, Bucky Irving included, than when he was not in there. Wurfs makes a big difference in that Tampa offensive line. Let's go to Houston. Djb Enemy, who covers the Texans for ESPN, has reported that rookie Jaden Higgins, first second round NFL draft pick I believe in league history to get a fully guaranteed deal, is rotating with Xavier Hutchinson on the outside when the Texans go to three wide receiver sets. So for any of you who thought that, hey, this is gonna be great, this is a tailor made situation for Jade Higgins to be the wide receiver opposite Nico Collins, I think I'm gonna have to borrow a line from Steve Harvey and say slower role player on that Higgins was the starter on the depth chart for a good portion of training camp. I don't know if it was all a training camp, but apparently Xavier Hutchinson has made enough plays and done enough that he is gonna be forcing a time tare at least early on in the season. Listen, Hutchinson is no threat to Higgins long term, at least I don't think so in Houston, so I think more often than not, you're gonna see Higgins out there. However, it's to understand that we can't just take for granted that Higgins is going to be out there a bunch. The guy I think that I'm more intrigued with over the last two weeks in drafts in Houston than I was earlier. It's probably Christian Kirk, a guy who is going to be cut by the Jaguars till the Texans reached out with a seventh round pick to acquire his services, and he'll probably be playing in the slot. I think Collins and Kirk are going to catch a boatload of passes this year. I know Collins is and Kirk probably will too. I think Higgins and Jalen Nole they're going to be worked in, and obviously Xavier Hutchinson as well. This is a situation where it's rookie receivers non first round rookie receivers, and it takes a little bit, and I think we're seeing that right now as we get closer and closer to the season. Two weeks away from the season, you can't count on Higgins as a wide receiver for right now, and certainly if I'm drafting him, I would be prepared not to start him at all until the bye weeks start coming in and then I'm forced to play play Higgins. So that's the situation in Houston right now. Again, I'm really bullish on Christian Kirk, and now, you know, letting Jayden Higgins slip down my board a little bit. I'll tell you right now as far as their ADP, according to Fantasy Mojo, Jayde Higgins has dropped to wide receiver fifty one. He is at the ten to eleven turn right now. And guess who's at wide receiver fifty three just beyond that ten eleven turn one, Christian Kirk. I do expect with this news coming out earlier this afternoon in Big Gorilla Drafts today. Big Gorilla Draft's main event drafts going on in the FFPC over the weekend. I do expect those guys to flip and Kirk will soon be going ahead of Jayden Higgins going forward. Speaking of wide receivers, let's go to Minnesota. Kevin Seaffert, who covers I believe the NFC North for ESPN dot Com former Vikings report. I don't think he covers just the Vikings. I think he covers the whole division. Don't quote me on that. Jordan Addison and rookie out of Maryland ty Felton are going to no issues going forward after they both had arm injuries in practice yesterday. It could have been an arm injury, it could have been a hand injury. Seefert didn't know nobody when they left practice. They never came back to it. The Vikings avoid a significant injury, it appears with Jordan Addison, but remember he's still missing the first three games of the season. Jalen Naylor is currently week to week with a hand injury, and certainly it felt and the more he can get out there, the better off he's going to be. When it comes to getting fantasy value early on in the season when Addison is out, justin Jefferson is going to get a ton of targets over the first three weeks, and then Addison will come in. Here's why I'm not fading Addison, and I think that you've heard this from a lot of people. That makes perfect sense. He's wide receiver forty two at the eight oh six. Now he has slipped a little bit since the suspension, but at the same time, thought where he was going in drafts. People were just presuming that he was going to be suspended. Jordan Adison is not the forty second best receiver you want to have this year. He should be going higher than that. He should be going higher than guys like Deebo Samuel much rather of Addison over Samuel. You can make the case that Addison is a better acquisition than Jacoby Myers, and some of these other running backs are going ahead of them. I know there's a lot of Jordan Mason love out there, but I think you can make the case that Adison's better. Now we're getting the team construction of who's better for your team. Certain cases of the Addison, certain cases it would be Mason, But Jordan Addison, I think Scott Barrett from Fantasy Points pointed out that he is like something ungodly over his first two seasons in the league or three secondt remember how any seasons he's played now, but he's like top twelve in those three seasons in end zone targets, not red zone targets, end zone targets. This guy has a nose for the end zone and he's scoring. It's not like he's dropping these passes and they're landing and complete. He's scoring a bunch. I know touchdowns are usually not a sticky stat but we've got three years of sample with Jordan Addison and it certainly seems that he is finding himself open in the end zone and his quarterbacks are taking advantage of it. So I'm in on Jordan Adison. I continue to be in on him even with the suspension. The first three weeks of the year are probably the easiest weeks to find replacements on your bench for injured guys or suspended guys. Right, I mean, nobody's on by everybody is coming into the season. I shouldn't say everybody. Most people are coming into the season healthy, So you shouldn't have to worry about anything like that, I think, And this goes back to the whole JJ McCarthy thing, like, if you're a believer in McCarthy, then yeah, you're going to be in on Jefferson, You're gonna be in on Hockinson, You're gonna be in Addison Mason, Aaron Jones, all these guys. And I am a believer in JJ McCarthy. I think this guy is going to have several top twelve weeks this year. I've been drafting him, probably not enough. It was weird because back in March, April and then May, I guess when we didn't know what was going on with Aaron Rodgers, and we didn't know if he I think he wanted to go to Minnesota, but I don't think Minnesota wanted him, but we didn't know that as fantasy drafters like we still had it allowed for the possibility that Rogers could still be going there. So McCarthy was like quarterback twenty nine, quarterback thirty thirty one, sometimes not even a top thirty two quarterback in Best Ball drafts, right, and then he slowly made his way up. And then when Rogers went to the Steelers. He really solidified himself and there's a lot of excitement going on with JJ McCarthy. He went up to you know, quarterback thirteen, quarterback fourteen, which I think was too high. Now he settled in as like quarterback seventeen, quarterback eighteen. That's a good price for McCarthy there, and I'd gladly pay that for sure. We talked about Pearce all earlier joining him on that. That Sanmancisco forty nine Ers receiver room. Sky Moore has been traded from the Kansas City Chiefs to the San Francisco forty nine Ers. Sixth and seventh round picks in twenty twenty seven are swapped. Remember between the Niners in Chiefs, excuse me, he was a second round pick in twenty twenty two and never really developed in Kansas City. Forty three catches four or ninety four yards and a touchdown over his first two seasons. He had three targets last season, did not capture a catch on any of them. He is a returner. In this past week he almost returned to punt for a touchdown, and the forty nine Ers are really beat up at receiver as well. You know, with Juwan Jennings Calf, Yea Brandon and I you coming off the ACL You're looking at DeMarcus Robinson being suspended. Jacob Cowing I think was hurt, but I think he's back now. And you never know with DJ Moore for me, best ball, but he's not He's not going to be a redraft player for me at all. Let's go to our nation's capital here. I've avoided it as long as we could. We cannot avoid it anymore. Terry McLaurin reportedly, according to the athletics Nikki Javala, he asked for more money than Dk Metcalf got with Pittsburgh. As a reminder, Metcalf four years, one hundred and thirty two million on the extension, but he's younger than McLaurin, and the Steelers actually gave up a second round pick for the right to sign Metcalf to that deal. The contract that I think the Commanders are trying to shift the focus to for Terry McLaurin and his management team is Courtland Sutton's four years ninety two million. That is thirty three million for Metcalf per year. That is twenty three million for Sutton per year now I would imagine that McLaurin is he understands that he's going to be getting something between these two, and I think the Commanders understand that as well. But he wants more of the Metcalf side. I'm sure the Commanders want Pam Moore the Sutton side. This has dragged on quite a while. And I know that he's healthy, and I know that he has one of the most talented quarterbacks in the NFL throwing to him. I know he goes back to a team that went to the NFC Championship Game last year, but this is a guy throw all the contract stuff out. I just imagine that there's gonna be negative regression coming for him anyway this season. With all the touchdowns he caught last year, the touchdown rate was obscenely high. And it's not like this guy is, you know, twenty four to twenty five years old coming into his prime. He's thirty years old. This is a guy you could make the argument his best football might be behind him now he does. When he comes back, he will join a team that features Deebo, Samuel Jalen Lane, Noah Brown, zach Ertz, Austin Eckler, Cory Krossky Merrick. These are the other pass catchers. So yeah, I get it that he's stepping into a good situation, but man, the age, the touchdown regression, and the fact that he's missed basically all of camp, these are all reasons not to draft Terry McLaurin, who has fallen and drafts to wide receiver twenty four at the five oh three. Some of the wide receivers going after him that I'd rather have. George Pickens I'd rather have than Terry McLaurin, Calvin Ridley I'd rather have than Terry McLaurin, Jamison Williams I'd rather have over Terry McLaurin, the Vonta Smith I'd rather have over McLaurin. And quite frankly, this may sound crazy, maybe it's not crazy. Maybe you agree. I think I'd rather have Eg Buka over Terry McLaurin the way it's going right now, you get into that agg Buka, Travis Hunter, Jalen Waddle, Ricky piersall area, I think you really have to look long and hard before you push the click button on Terry McLaurin. This year. There these red flags have been around for a while and he's only added more red flags throughout the season. So I'm definitely down on F one and I'm letting somebody else draft McLaurin this year. Buka I mentioned, I'll just bring this up briefly because I kind of talked about it already Rick Stroud for the Tampa Bay Times, so that Jalen McMillan was gonna go on injured reserve. He could be out past the Week nine by for Tampa this year. And consider this. The comment from Todd Bowles regarding Jalen McMillan was, and I'm paraphrasing a little bit, but I'm getting the gist of it. Bulls did not think it was career threatening. This is a neck injury. It's dangerous. I just read a fantastic story on ESPN dot com today about two high school players fifty years apart who ended up dying from neck injuries that they suffered on the football field. It was credibly It's making me rethink letting my Sun flight football. Quite frankly, neck injuries and football are nothing to mess around with. So Jalen McMillan, you're not drafting him anywhere. You're not drafted him in basketball you're not drafted him in redraft. Chris Godwin. Maybe he's back by week four, but I wonder what version of Chris Godwin we're going to see. And Mecca Aguka. I you know, if it wasn't for Krosskey Merit, there would be no bigger, stronger, faster hype train for any rookie this season than a Mecca Agbuka. We heard from the get go that this guy was polished. This is before he got drafted by Tampa. This guy was polished. He was NFL ready. He is the all time leading receiver in Ohio state history. Think about that. So he goes to Tampa, who you know, we don't know how much longer Mike Evans is going to be there. Mike Evans almost alluding to like maybe this is going to be his last year. Chris Godwin, we don't know if he's ever going to be the same after that devastating ankle injury that in a Week seven last year and he had to have another surgery on it this s offseason. He's still not practicing. This wheels up for eg Buka. Baker Mayfield opened a press conference about a month or so ago, unprompted just started talking about how great it's been having a mechag Buka, how awesome he is, what a great pro is going to be. Nobody asked him, just started talking about him. And when that's the you know, this is stuff we have to be paying attention to. Eg Buka. And I can't remember who said this. I don't think it was a beat writer. It could have been somebody else, but somebody said somebody And I'm not just spitballing here. This is somebody of reference. I listened to too many podcasts, I read too much stuff, so I can't cite everything readily. But we could be seeing Justin Jefferson season from meg Buka this year, and I don't know if we'll see that. We probably won't, but it's wheels up, man, and the price is getting higher. You want to draft Agbuka. By the end of this weekend, he's probably gonna be going in the late fifth round as opposed to early sixth round where he's going right now. So that's the latest on Tampa. Here's one that I haven't quite frankly made up my mind about yet, and it's important because this guy could be the number one overall running back this year, or he could be a massive bust, and it's Devon a chance. I had no problem taking this guy in the late first, early second round, and I have a little pause in clicking that button now. Yesterday morning, Adam Levitan posted this from Established to Run. Mike McDaniel, the head coach for Miami, said that ah Chan's absence from practice was preventative. He is not supposed or he's expected not to practice. Haven't looked at the practice reports today, but he was not expected to practice the rest of the week. And this is a player that is going to be handled with kid gloves up until the start of the NFL season Week one, which is coming up in a couple of weeks against the Colts. McDaniel said, quote, calves are the ones that you have to be super proactive, especially with explosive players, he said, end quote. He said that NFL traders have given him and told him horror stories of players coming back too soon from calf injuries and then either reaggravating the injury or blowing out their achilles. Both would be awful, absolutely off. Can you imagine Devon h I don't want to say it because that would be horrible for fantasy be horrible for a champ. Now, Jalen Wright has been less than underwhelming so far, like thirteen carries or sixteen yards or something like that. In preseason, it's been terrible. Ali Gordon has actually looked pretty good, But I think Ali Gordon is obviously a limited guy when it comes to athleticism and certainly not the prototypical Mike McDaniel back. The other thing that we have to consider here is you don't have to be a a casual even a casual football fan to see what's going on in Miami is to create like the Tyreek kill stuff. He could be washed, he could be showing he's already is showing signs of decline and it doesn't sound like him into a tongue of by loa are on the same page the Miami I mean, they could just be a train wreck before October or even early October. And if that's the case, do you really want the running back on that team when he's dealing with a calf? Is the path to winning a million bucks going to go through Miami and devon a chan This is what we have to talk about. Because there was a non zero chance that he would catch a hundred balls this year dependent upon you know how the Miami what version of the Miami offense. We're going to see what we saw last year when they wanted to keep tongue by loa upright, was an offense that centered on targets to jan new Smith and targets to Devon a Chan and they crushed it. So the thing is with a Chan, you have to place your bet. Are you still placing your bet in the early second round with Devon ah Chan? That's where he's going right now. Over the last two days in the FFPC, Big Gorilla two oh five slipped a little bit, still gone as high as the one to twelve, so some people are still taking him as a first round pick. He has slipped behind Ashton genty. He's now behind Derrick Henry as well, and quite frankly, it would not surprise me at all when we look at this Big Gorilla data from Fantasy Mojo on Monday would not surprise me at all. If Devon ah Chan goes from running back seven to running back ten, with Chase Brown, Bucky Irving and Jonathan Taylor moving ahead of I think you can make a case there are gonna be certain people out there that would rather have the quote unquote safety of Josh Jacobs rather than the volatility of Devon ah Chien. Do we have the same concerns about the Packers offense putting up points and moving the ball that we do in Miami? Probably not. Now. I think I'd rather have a Chan than Jacobs, But the point remains that it depends a type of fantasy player you are. But a Chan is not trending in the right direction now, and I think I think I will probably let some other people take him rather than me grabbing him going forward. Let's get back to it. We've avoided Jacoory Crosskey Merritt for so long. We're an hour into the show, we haven't I mean I mentioned him a little bit, but not a ton. Commanders running back Brian Robinson is not expected to play for the Commanders in twenty twenty five. This according to one Ian wrap up port. Okay, we already saw on Monday night against the Bengals that it was a mutual decision to hold him out to I don't know, maintain what trade value he has. Ian rap said that the Commanders might even take on salary to trade and trade him. So you can get a draft pick in return. He's twenty six years old. He hit escalators in his contract over the last few years, to the point where Washington likes their cheaper options behind him rather than keeping Robinson on his team. He's gonna be entering his fourth year in the NFL and the Commanders are shopping him around. I don't expect the Commanders to trade Ryan Robinson. I don't think that happens. I could be wrong. Jerry Jones is capable of anything, or I don't know. I don't know what he's capable of, quite frankly, but when it comes to Robinson, he could really muck things up in Dallas, Kansas City, New Orleans. We mentioned this earlier, Cleveland, quite frankly. Houston maybe maybe not. I don't know, but this Jakoori, Krossky Merrit, I think this is This is what people everybody's and their mother is talking about right now. Krosskey Merritt is a seventh round pick who barely played last year because of some NCAA A not violations, but he and the ncaa A had differing views of how eligible he should have been for college football last year. There has been nothing but glowing reports on him all training camp. Uh. He has done nothing but impress in every single Washington preseason game and as a result, has moved up in drafts to the eight oh seven in f FPC big Gerrilla drafts, eight oh seven is where Krosskey Merritt has ascended to. That is that puts him ahead on ADP, ahead of Zach Charboney. He's moved ahead of JK. Dobbins. He is now being drafted higher than traves Etn. He has moved the head of Joe Mixon, Cam Skataboo, Braylen, Allen, Jaden Blue, all these players Krossky Merritt is going in front of. I was commissioning an FFPC Big Gorilla draft a couple of nights ago, and Krossky Merritt went at the three to eleven. Now, granted the guy who made that pick it was an auto pick, and he asked me to stop the draft. So I thought, you know that something went haywire with his internet or something, and finally said, you know what, my dogs were attacking the mail man. I had to get out there. I was going to take Krosskey Merritt anyway, I just end up grabbing him a little bit earlier. Let's let's keep rolling. I said, okay, we kept rolling. So he went at the three eleven. And you say, Balky, that's crazy. Well, bear in mind later on that same day, Krossky Merritt went in the fourth round of a big gorilla And I want to play Devil's advocate because I think a lot of people. You're looking at me, you're listening to me, and you're saying this is crazy. Who would take krossky Merrit that high? Allow me to tell you that Austin Eckler is not a young running back. Chris Rodriguez has had multiple times to get this a significant chunk of this of this commander's backfield, and he hasn't taken advantage. Krossky Merritt is the unknown, He's the mystery box, and he steps into a situation that is wide open for opportunity, ripe for opportunity, with a team that was one game away from the Super Bowl last year, and no obviously he has Super Bowl aspirations this year. An offense led by an MVP candidate, the reigning Rookie of the Year who looks to be an absolute stud in years to come. It's only been one year, but Jade Daniels has looked the part. Isn't there something to be said if krossky Merritt does turn in not necessarily to the Bellcow, but the one A or even the one B in this offense? Is he not explosive enough? Is he not talented enough? Is he not athletic enough for at least to intrigue us that, Hey, maybe this guy could be the definition of a league winner this year. That's the argument I'm gonna make for krossky Merrit. It's not an argument I subscribe to. And I certainly understand people when they say that they love them, they want them on their team this year, so I will avoid him. I'd rather have all those guys I mentioned Dobbin's etn Charbone not Mixing. I think I'd rather have krossky Merrit than Mixing. Mixing is just do not draft for me at this point. But I'd rather have all those other guys than krossky Merrit at this point. And listen all the advice that we talk about on this on this show, all my shows every week, it all comes down to what type of fantasy player you are. Some people love taking big risks because they love hitting those home runs. Some people like swinging for doubles or singles and just cobbling a team together. For that, you do need some mixture, and you can't just have all doubles. You can't have all home runs and strikeouts. You gotta have a nice bounce of high floor and high ceiling players. This guy definitely is a high ceiling player. I think he's not likely to hit that ceiling, but I understand the reasoning on why people think that he might and why he's worth a pick in the mid eighth round, and quite funkly that could go up as the weekend and drafting season goes on, of which we only have two weeks left. I want to go back down to Houston and this will you guys are like this because I actually just just drafted this player. I was talked into him, and you guys can be the judge of whether this was the right call or not. Houston Chronicles Jonathan m Alexander covers the Texans for the publication, said that Nick Chubb is going to likely work as the lead back for the Texans if if Joe Mixon misses any time in twenty twenty five. Okay, here's the thing. When it comes to Nick Chub, you have a player that is completely washed. In my opinion, I don't see now. He looked good in this last preseason game. It was probably against backups, but early reports on Nick Chubb they were talking about his you know, the coaches were talking about his wisdom and everything he's been through. That's not what I want to hear when I'm talking about a running back in the NFL. I think young, explosive guys that are gonna, you know, get chunk yardich Chubb at this point in his career, and you know you loved what you saw originally, he is not that guy anymore. Alexander said in this report for The Chronicle, the Texans signed Chubb specifically because they fear Joe Mixon was gonna miss time with this foot slash ankle slash. We don't know exactly injury that he suffered this offseason. Now there's a non zero chance Mixon misses the whole year. I think we all recognize that. I don't think that's a good chance. I don't think he misses the whole year, but he could be on the pup list to start the season. I think that's a lot more likely. That probably is likely to happen, and mixing be out the first four weeks, and Chubb would be the RB one on the Texans for those four games. He is twenty nine years old. Five carries twenty five yards against the Panthers' backups last week. Woody Marks actually had seven carries or forty yards in that game. I like Woody Marks a lot better. He's the pass catching back, caught a ton of passes in college, and Chubb would obviously either be the one A or the complete one. Because we have to recognize Damian Pierce, while not great the last couple of years, the offensive scheme that's been installed, the run blocking scheme that's been installed this year, is the one he thrived in his rookie year. So I think we have to recognize that. So I co owned this KFFSC main event team, and my buddy Jim, who I co own it with, he talked me in the Chubb He said, I just can't quit him. He was our fourth or fifth running back. So I said, the hell with it, let's go with it. We'll see what happens. I don't envision this being a great pick. For us, but it could work out. Chubb is not He's been ravaged by injuries he has. He's not a young man anymore, and the offensive line that he is running behind in Houston is significantly worse now that Laramie Tunzel and some other changes that were made on that Texans offensive line is not there anymore, or are not there anymore. You have to understand that these are all One of these things is fine, like you can deal with it, but all of them together. We probably should have gone elsewhere other than Chubb, But I'm trying to be a good co manager, and we ended up going with Chubb there and we'll see what happens. But going forward, I think you can do a lot better than Nick Chubb in your FFPC drafts. Not that I'm trying to trash Gym. He's one way more than I ever have. So this will probably end up working out. But Nick Chubb is going in the area of Tyler Aljeer, who I'd rather have right now, I guess I'd rather have him than Naji Harris, who's going right behind right behind him. I'd rather wait and take will Shipley. I'd rather wait and take Woody Marx Ray Davis is going just ahead of him, and that's probably gonna continue. So I'd rather have Davis Girndo's back. I'd rather have Girendo there as well. And then you know, Rashad White is interesting, Jerome Ford is interesting. Their coin flips when it comes to Chubb. But these are thirteenth round picks in the FFPC, so I think that you look at your options there and maybe you go elsewhere other than a run back, because there's not a lot of them that I like there as well. Speaking of running backs, let's go back to Los Angeles and talk about the Los Angeles Rams in their backfield, which is a fun one to talk about. The Rams took Blake Korhum in Day two last year. They took Jarquiz Hunter on Day three this year, and there could be more opportunities for Jarqui Hunter, according to Rams offensive coordinator Mike Lafleur. In fact, the quote from him was, the more opportunities Hunter gets, the better it's going to be. He's twenty two years old, fourth round pick this year, talented pass catcher, and the Rams coaching staff the drumbeat has been constantly praising this guy throughout camp. Not great news for Blake Korum. I don't think this is a threat to Kyen Williams, because you know McVeagh, he's going to use his guy and he's gonna run him hard. So I still think that this doesn't affect Kien Williams at all. But I definitely think if you are looking for the guy behind the guy, who do you take Quorum versus Hunter? Right now, I think we're getting kind of an answer, an answer that many people forecasted when the Rams took Hunter Blake Korm running back sixty four at the fifteen oh seventh. Right now, Dark Wes Hunter is going as running back seventy one at the seventeen oh two. I think that's gonna flip at some Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I think that's gonna flip, and we'll see what happens with that RAMS back. Honestly, what's probably gonna happen is Kyen Williams stays healthy all season again, he puts up efficient enough numbers, and Matthew Stafford stays healthy, and Karen Williams finishes as like running back eight a running back seven, and Quorum and Hunter rarely get into the game. However, we have to allow for all possibility abilities when we're talking about high stakes fantasy football drafts, and there is a possibility here that Karen Williams were to go down, and maybe it's a time share between the two, but my guess is McVeigh does not want a time share. That he is going to roll with one guy or the other and he's going to play. Let these guys play it out on the field, and whoever steps forward and makes more plays is going to be that guy. And at this point, I believe the guy who's going to make more plays is probably dark Jarkis Hunter. So there you go. That's that's my thoughts on the Rams and their running back situation. I'd rather wait two more rounds and take Hunter than take Blake Korum in the fifteenth. And that's if I don't have kyon one. If I have Kien Williams, I'm not taking either one of these guys, you know, playing I play in the kff C main event national contest, like I'm trying to beat hundreds thousands of other players. So for me, unless I'm in a closed twelve team league, I'm not going to try to stack backfields. I'm not going to try to stat stack as they call it, and make sure I lock up the Rams backfields. It's not worth it for me. I want to increase my variance as much as possible, maybe to my own detriment, but that's how I feel about that Ram situation. The Kansas City Chiefs, we tease this before when we were talking about possible landing spots for the Brian Robinson. You know, ultimately, if he's gonna get cut, where's he gonna go. We'll mentioned Kansas City as a team that Diana Russini is reporting that they're looking to upgrade their running backs or at least add a running back. The Athletic has a reporter for the Chiefs, Jesse Newle, covers the Chiefs for that publication, and Jesse Newle believes that Burchard Smith might actually get some first team action in the preseason finale for the Chiefs this weekend. Newell actually described Smith as a gadget type role for Kansas City, which would showcase him both as a runner and as a receiver. And it sounds like that the roster spot, if it comes down to it, between Brichard Smith and Elijah Mitchell's probably gonna go to Brichard Smith. Elijah Mitchell is not signed for any kind of big money at all, so that's something that we will be watching going forward. I like Burchhard Smith late. We shall see what happens with the Kansas City running back situation. I want to bring on tonight's co host. Ladies and gentlemen, you know him, you love him. You read all of his work at Rotoballer dot com. You connect with him on x at f F Underscore Stallion, please welcome into the program the incomple Dave and Trusca. Dave, welcome aboard. Man. Appreciate you having me on. Eric. Sorry for the delay.
Speaker 2: I think we had something go down with my docking station here, but I think we got to figure it out. But I'm thrilled to finally be here and honored you would have me on and excite it to get the co host for a little bit alongside the man who, in my opinion, hands down, has the best beard in fantasy football industry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not bad. It's not bad. It's it's a little. Now, listen, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: When you when you first reached out, my first thought was, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Have to shave before I go on here. Yeah, I listen. There's been plenty of people that have told me that I need to shave before I go on and do the show. I haven't yet. At some point it's gonna happen. Roping it. Thank you, thank you. I appreciate that's that's another popular opinion. A lot of people wanted. I've had people at FFPC drafts. I think Adam Hahn has said or he has named some of his teams save Bulky's beard, and so there's plenty of people that don't want to see it going away. Damn, I'm gonna I'm gonna throw this one to you right away from the from the fire frying pan into the fire. Let's talk about the Indianapolis Colts big news this week. Jordan Schultz, I believe, was the first to report it. The Colts have named a starting quarterback and it is not Anthony Richardson. It's going to be Daniel Jones. Apparently this competition was very close, and Shane Steiken said, not only is Daniel Jones going to be the guy for week one, he's the guy for the season. He wants to give him a long leak. He does not want to, you know, make all these changes, you know, back and forth with your quarterback or with his quarterback all season long. So I think for best ball, we obviously know if you're drafting a Colts quarterback Lake, it's now Daniel Jones, It's not Anthony Richardson. The question for you is what this does for guys like Michael Pittman, Tyler Warren, Josh Downs. I think initially, I know, I was pretty excited that it was ended up being Jones. I really think that this is this is best for fantasy because it's gonna make those guys a lot more valuable than they would have been if Anthony Richardson was a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think for our purposes for fantasy football, I think it's definitely an improvement compared to the disaster that was Anthony richards in the last two years. I don't really know how it's gonna affect Michael Pittman. I think the bigger beneficiaries are going to be both Josh Downs and Tyler Warren. Wan Daryl Robinson was really effective last year, particularly in PPR leagues with Daniel Jones, and I think both Warren and Downs kind of had that undernase skill set that I think is going to fit really well and could really one of those two I think is really going to become like a cheat code in PPR leagues. I was kind of initially like you when I heard the news with Daniel Jones, and I felt like it was, you know, full real up for Josh Downs. Now I'm kind of starting to wonder just seeing sort of the usage in the preseason and plus downs hamstring injury. We don't know, you know the severity of that yet and if it's going to keep him out, But I'm kind of wondering now if Tyler Warren is actually going to be the guy who really is the one who benefits from that. I still like Downs, but I'm kind of starting to waiver my views on that and wonder and if Tyler Warren might be actually the way to play this passing game.
Speaker 1: He is the way to play this passing game for me, I've been I don't know, man, I probably drafted Tyler Warren in a bunch of leagues. The last time I drafted him was probably like two or three weeks ago, because I feel like I just had too much of him or other people were drafting him higher than I was willing to take them, but I got a bunch of them, and I think going forward here with Warren, this is only I mean, if you watch that Colts Packers game last week, he was heavily involved when the Colts starters were out there, so I would imagine that's going to be the case again. He has been drafted right now in f FPC leagues the big Gorilla as tight end eight at the seven ZH two. I don't know if he gets much higher than that, but certainly is possible once you know it. Will see what he does this weekend, if he plays at all. But I think that last memory we have of Tyler Warren as it stands right now, is a really good one. And those last memories tend to drive up ADP as we get closer and closer to the start of the season, which, as I've said several times, tonight only two weeks away. I want to talk about the Saints. I touched on this earlier. I want to get your thoughts. Kellen Moore said Tyler Shuk and Spencer Ratler are going to play in the preseason finale. He also said Ratler is going to start that game as well, I remained bullish on Chris o'labbe. I remained bullish on Rashid Shaheed and Alvin Kamara Juwan Johnson late in FFPC tight end premium leagues as well. My reasoning is this, Kamara did numbers last year and the offense was terrible. This year, they get Olabb back, hopefully for the whole season. They get Shaheed back, who's coming off an the injury, who's been getting work in the slot. They're going to have him back hopefully for the whole season. So I just think that this offense is significantly better and in a lot of spots and the same in others. I don't think it got worse. So why would we expect bad things from the Saints offense when we should have gotten a ton of bad things last year? We really didn't from the guys who were on the field. I think Kamara Elave or Shahid Johnson they're getting underdrafted in the FFPC right now, and I'm definitely bullish on their ADP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would probably say I'm on the other side of that, and I feel like while the offense may not set may not necessarily be worse, I think we do have a pretty big, in my opinion, downgrade in the offensive coordinator and play call they're going from Clint Kubiak to Kellen Moore. I am also not a huge Spencer rattler or a Tylers Schug fan. I would probably say the guy who if you're gonna want to play passing game and take a shot there, Kamara.
Speaker 1: Is not a bad bet.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's going to be involved in as a receiver as well. Excuse me once again, Chris Olave would probably be the guy that I would take a shot on here and been planning to do that in my drafts coming up here, you know, is a good dip on it. He's going to be the clear Number one should see a ton of volume. I'm just not entirely certain that Kelvin Moore is going to be an improvement for these guys, and I'm not exactly sure what we're going to get from the offense as well. I just feel like this is a team that is going to be really, really bad this year and is probably going to be in a position where they're looking for a new quarterback in twenty twenty six, and that might actually be the time when it's best to get in on this offense with the Lave Shaheed all those other pieces. Once they actually get a legitimate franchise quarterback in there, the pair with more and you can kind of get his vision on offense and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm definitely with you on on the Saints next year needing a quarterback because they still don't have one. I don't think Shuck is the answer. And the thing is with with with the Saints. You can be bad and still put up fantasy numbers, which is what I think those guys will do this year. But I do I am with you. I think they're going to be so bad that they're going to be in prime position to have a pick at the top of the draft where they can have any number one of some pretty good quarterbacks in next year's choose them up.
Speaker 2: Drew Aller, we'll see. We'll see about Arch Manninger right.
Speaker 1: Coordinator. Yea, the NFL is right. The script is writing itself. Art Smeyer. You heard her here first, the starting quarterback for the Saints next year. If if you agree with Dave and you're fading the Saints. If you agree with me and you're targeting Saints, you can do either one or both when you join the f f PC Big Guro Tournament. I don't know why you do both, but you could million dollar grand prize, three hundred fifty dollars entry fee, a fifty dollars discount for every third team that you got that you get seven bananas promo is live. You keep getting that seven pick randomly assigned to you when the draft order randomizes, when the league fulls Phil's you keep getting that seven pick multiple times in a row. We're going to give you escalating free teams with the FFPC. Sign up now at my FFPC dot com at best Balls more of your slant check out the FFPC Best Ball and super Flex Bestball tournaments one hundred and twenty five dollars and thirty five dollars to enter three hundred thousand dollars and one hundred thousand dollars grand prizes, respectively. One hundred thousand dollars runner up for that Best Ball tournament this year. Drafts are available thirty sixty, thirty sixty, two hour and six hour clocks, thirty second, sixty second, two hour and six hour clocks, although those six hour clocks are going to start winding down tomorrow that's all at my FFPC dot com. I want to step out and take a quick break. When we come back, Dave ben Treska from Rotoballer is going to give us some of his targets in fantasy football drafts this year. Who will they be? Who does he like in the Jacksonville backfield? Is there a ball? It's a more pass catcher that he perhaps like, perhaps likes, And let's get his thoughts on the Minnesota offense as well. He's Dave Vintresca from Rodoballer. I'm Eric Balkman. You're watching MFPC Insider Access live here on the Better Sports Network.
Speaker 3: What's up, guys, Andrew Cooper here Fantasy Alarm, and boy do I have great news for you.
Speaker 1: It's that time of year.
Speaker 3: The FFPC main event is open, the Flagship Contest, in my opinion, the biggest number one contest in all fantasy football. It's not just about the prizes. You can win a million dollars, but if you win a contest like this, you are gold plated, gold stamped in this community. That puts respect on your name when you go in there with the big dogs and you win a tournament like this. So get set up with my FFPC now when you use promo Coda Alarm, but'll give you twenty five bucks me you deposit thirty five dollars or more if you've never drafted there before, and you can get in there with the big dogs. If you really want, you can actually go to Vegas and draft it the Paris Casino live. In these contests, you don't have to do that, though you can draft online. They have six hour, two hour and sixty second clocks. Depending on what you're feeling. You're gonna want to draft early and often these to give yourself the best possible shot at winning. And let me tell you, when you go over to your social media bio and you throw FFPC Main Event Champion in there, people start thinking about you at a different way. You are now an absolute champion and legend in this community.
Speaker 1: If you win the FFPC.
Speaker 3: Main Event Open now over at my FFPC dot com.
Speaker 1: Event event PC two thousand dollars three grand prize of a million dollars. I'm looking for one top prize. Main Event season is a first sling. It is time for the FFPC Main Event, our flagship competition over at m y f f PC dot com my f FPC dot com. Check that out. A six million dollar prize pool just ready and willing to have you jump into it. A one million dollars grand prize sign up today. We got let's see two more live main events going on tonight that are still need some spot or need some fillers. I do believe I'm gonna bring it up right now. Just so I'm not talking out of my rear, ed, I want to make sure that I'm giving you guys good information on this show, not about fantas, not necessarily just about fantasy players, but about the drafts at the f f PC. Yeah, we do have the eleven thirty Eastern main event live draft already half full, so I'm sure that's gonna fill. Make sure you're popping in as soon as you can on that and draft for a million bucks tonight. What a way to spend a Thursday evening. Dave VN Tresca joining me from Rotoballer dot com. You follow him on the ex at f F Underscore Stallion. You have really the f F Stallion moniker to a new level. How did you come up with this? Dave?
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, you know it really just started my home league since I was, oh my god, like twelve years old. My team's always been just Italian Stallions. And when I decided to get into this crazy industry we've all decided to join, it just felt like a natural carried it over. Yeah, yeah, exactly, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I love it. It's it's It's definitely been working out for you for sure. You can check out as a reminder, Dave's work at Rodoballer dot com as well. In fact, this is where I found out, uh, some of the players that you like and maybe not like so much this year, I think I think these well, well I'll just ask you about these guys. You let me know how you're We talked about Tampa earlier in the show, and I was just talking about how much praise I had for a Mecca Buca. But what about the backfield. Tristan Wurks, we found out, is not going to be on the pup. He's not going to open up on ir He is going to be available at the top of this at the start of the season, maybe not the first few games, but hopefully by week four, week five. What does that do for a guy like Bucky Irving, a player who is ready to move ahead of Devon A Chan in adp as. He's very close right now he is at the two eight eight. Chan is now at the two to five, So it's definitely closing in Bucky Irving running back nine. Is this guy a target for you at the two toh wight and FFPC drafts right now?
Speaker 2: Dave absolutely is. And I think, you know, first off, supreme talented player. And what I thought was most impressive about what he did last year finishing his PPR over the overall PPR be thirteen. He did so despite not being a full time player last year, Like he only played sixty percent of the offensive snaps in just two games last year. I fully expect that to change this year. Lew Todd Bowles had no problem making Rashad White the full blown belcal back two years ago. You know, now that he's got a year under his belt, I fully expect Bucky Irving to completely take over that role. It's a good thing Tristan Wurf's is not going. It doesn't look like it's going to be an extended absence to begin the year. Because the Buccaneer assume the Buccaneers rushing game actually has according to Sharp Football, they have the third easiest projected rushing schedule this year. And you throw a healthy Tristan Wurfs in, you know, I think that's going to be a great thing for Bucky Irving could easily finish as an RB one. Now we might see a dip in efficiency this year, you know, maybe in those first couple of games and the Wurfs is out, but also with no Liam Cohen in the mix. But I believe that we'll see an increase in volume and that should be able offset like any dip in efficiency we might get. And he's also still going to be involved in the passing game, you know, I know you still have a shot White there, but he's still dealing with the hamstring injury. I mean, who knows Sean Tucker might end up passing him him on the depth chart. Tucker doesn't really profile as a receiving back. So I fully expect Bucky Irving to you know, lock down that passing downs role as well. Great target as an RB one if you go wide receiver in round one, or even as your RB two if you decide to, you know, go with an RB RB start.
Speaker 1: Bucky Irving was a guy I hadn't really been drafting. I just I picked him in a Best Ball draft a couple of weeks ago, and I felt good as my leader. I bet it did. I bet it did. It's just like the way that the team came came together around him. I just I felt really good about him being my lead running back. The lead running back in Seattle is Kenneth Walker, a player I was on earlier, and now I'm starting to have fading. You going some charbona? Yeah, the charbon a taste good. And part of the reason why is Brady Henderson, who covers the Seahawks or ESPN, has reported that sharbon A is going to have a significant role in the backfield this season. He's been looking really good. Clint Kubiak has been gushing about him. Who's the new See there. Kenneth Walker has missed significant time with a foot issue, and listen, Kenneth Walker is no stranger to the trainer's room. Charbon A has not missed any time in rushed for forty five yards on five carries against the Chiefs last week. Walker. The best availability or the best ability in the NFL is availability, and he's having issues with that right now. I here's the thing, and I'll couch it like this. You tell me what you think. But when you compare the ADPs for these players, I have had a significant shift and how I feel about the Seattle Seahawks backfield right now. Kenneth Walker is running back sixteen. You have to draft him at the three to nine to get him. Zach Charboney running back thirty two, eight oh seven, So he is going five rounds and sometimes I think with the guy going earlier, yeah, maybe he's still going to be the guy who puts up more numbers. But is the juice worth the squeeze in the third round for Kenneth Walker.
Speaker 2: For you right now, Dave, I still think think it is because I still feel like if he hits the ground running, you know, it be s healthy and that's the big if that's the gamble with ken Walker, you know like that that's the play that he's going to be healthy. And I still believe like he is a superior back than Zach Charbonay. You know, Zach Charbonet is a really good player. I love them at UCLA. I have a decent amount of him in Dynasty. I was crushed when he landed in Seattle, but he doesn't. I don't think he has the same upside that ken Walker does. But the home run hitting ability, the big plays like that is the type of stuff that if we get him in an ideal scenario like the Klink Kubi X scheme, like behind an improved offensive line, with you know, them drafting Gray's Abel in round one of the draft this past year, if everything aligns like this is a guy that we could be drafting around one about that PC drafts next year. And that's often the key, you know, that's what you're trying to find when you're trying to win a million. We're trying to win a million dollars, right, these are the plays you want to make. I think, you know, at this point, I did read that report last night, and you know, my takeaway from that was I thought Mike McDonald's quote stood out when he said, at some point, you know, you know, we've been living in ken Walker. We were a planned for him, but at some point he's got to be he's got to be here and he's got to get on the field. Now he has practiced three straight days, which I think is a good thing.
Speaker 1: He's got.
Speaker 2: He's gotten in the joint practice with the Green Bay Packers. I kind of read My takeaway from that story was more of a like, hey, like a direct I guess he was directly speaking to the Ken Walker as sort of like, hey, you know, we love you, we want to make you a guy, but we also have this other running back behind you who's pretty good, who you know, if you can't find a way to get on the field, you know, we've got this guy ready to take the rings.
Speaker 1: So that was kind of my read on that.
Speaker 2: And you know, if it's a split, then I think to your point, then I think Charbonnay, there's really no debate at that point, and Sharbonnay is going to be the way you want to play this. I just you know, they have, you know, McDaniels or m McDaniel. McDonald's been you know, been quoted saying that they have intentionally been limiting Walker's reps, you know, to keep him fresh for the regular season.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 2: At this point, I'm still willing to play that. And you know, at the three oh nine, you know, if we're just talking traditional redraft leagues too, like that's not going to kill your team if you whiff on that. You know, what I mean, Like, it's not like you got Christian McCaffrey going in the one oh eight, one o nine, where that's that's literally either you know, you win your league or you strike out and you're done. Ken Walker at the three oh nine, like, yeah, all right, you missed on a third round pick. It's gonna sting, but it's not gonna end your season. So I I I still think there's upside there, even you know, with that report coming out last.
Speaker 1: Night, I I have to bring up JK. Dobbins here, and this is an interesting story. So so Harvey in the in the first preseason game seven carries twenty five yards. They beat the Niners thirty to ten. He also got to catch for four yards. He was listed on the first preseason depth chart for the Broncos by Sean Payton as running back five was Harvey. Harvey opened with the starter's got every rush attempt while he's with the first team. Then we later phoned out on Twitter and I think it was Ben Albright had posted this on X sorry that it was. The plan was to start Dobbins, but he couldn't find his helmet and as a result, Harvey was the guy in there. He pulled a Chris Comer from Friday Night Lights his helmet and then Booby Miles goes in thank God to end up the same way for R. J. Harvey. But the thing is with Dobbins, and I'm gonna do this the same way. We're talking about the Seahawks running backs and then'll give you the ADPs for both these players. Right now. RJ. Harvey running back twenty at the five h two. JK. Dobbs is running back thirty three at the eight twelve. That's almost four rounds difference here. Which one of these Broncos running backs do you preferred? Dave and tell me why it's JK. Dobbins. Well, I like him both. You know, I want to get shares of both. You know.
Speaker 2: The thing that I just want to touch on first. I know Harvey's getting a lot of love, But the thing I just would say, you know, he's not going to be a bellcal back in this offense.
Speaker 1: Neither is JK. Dobbins.
Speaker 2: Right, That's just not what Sean Payton does. You go back through his entire history with the Saints, even with Denver, like, there's always multiple guys, so there's always multiple ways to play this backfield.
Speaker 1: You know, I think R. J.
Speaker 2: Harvey probably if you were if you can have an Alvin Kamara like twenty seventeen rookie season and you know, average over six yard six yards of carry, be heavily involved as a receiver, could he finish as a top five back.
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: I would probably put that in like the one percent range of outcomes at the ceiling. Dobbins is just you know, I've always been a big JK. Dobbins fan. You know, I had a lot of them in Dynasty. Was crushed when he towards Achilles a couple of years ago, and then suddenly he came back to life last year. I feel like he's probably gonna be the receiving back in this offense. He's the better pass protector, so he's gonna get a ton of targets in this offense. He's running behind one of the best offensive lines in the league. You know, I just feel like both of these guys are going to be similar ish production. That Harvey hits the ground running, you know, and we do see like a massive rush, you know, big time spike and efficiency from him, then he's gonna be the preferred play. But I don't think Dobbyins is a bad way to play it either. I think he's gonna have the edge on passing downs at least to start the year. And you know, maybe he's gonna be the better goal line back too. I was reading something all next I don't remember who uh had had had posted this, so I'm gonna get that wrong. But Sean Payton and their offensive coordinator Joel Lombardi were both quoted as saying he still has a tendency to bounce runs too much to the outside and right and it's not taking which you know that was something that kept Reggie Bush off the field all these years in Sean Payton's offense too, so you know that's going to be something that could potentially come back and bite him as well.
Speaker 1: And you know, I like both. I don't know what i'd say. I have a preference. I want to make sure I get exposure that both across my leagues. But yeah, I'm fully on board to get Dobbins. Lombardi, I remember that that quote he was talking about. He's like, yeah, he still has a tendency to bounce it outside, but he still usually beats the guy to the court, Yeah, right, which is awesome. Like the Jacksonville backfield. Do you have a preference here? I think we could throw Laquinn Allen out unless you're drafting a twenty eight round best of all, I think, but but definitely not lea Quinn Allen. Okay, But when it's Biggs, b Etn, and Baselle Tuton, I don't know. I feel like there's there's value in all three of these guys. Are you leaning one way or the other?
Speaker 2: I think the way I'm leaning is really just anything but Travis Etn. And that is mainly because he's the most expensive one of the three, which when you get one of these, you know scenarios, you don't know who it's going to be. I think the better play I think most people would degree is is go get the guys to the cheaper I'd definitely taken some shots on Biggs bms taking some shots on Tuton as well. We'll talk about Bigsby right now.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know Etn's big problem the last two years, really since his first year, he hasn't been a very good rusher. He's been extremely in the fit. Even during that that RB three finished two years ago, still averaged under four yards to carry you know, and Bigsby was actually Jacksonville's best back last year, and he finished higher than ETN in a ton of metrics. Like I have it right here on my notes. Bigsby finished higher than ETN in next just next gen stats, rush yards over expected PFF, rushing grade pff E, lucive breathing yards after contact per attempt, and fantasy points data Suite's explosive run weight run rates. So if we're just talking between ETN and Bigsby, Bigsby is a better play.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I the thing we don't know though, you know, we're all trying to draw parallels between what Liam Cohen did in Tampa Bay and what he's going to do here. Truthfully, we really have no idea. You know, Tank Bigsby could be you know, Bucky or Ving, ETN could be Rashad White, bay Shall, Teuton could be Sean Tucker. But there's also a scenario where, you know, any one of these three guys just takes the job and runs with it. I am making sure I get some big schel Tuton. I loved him in Virginia Tech. I think, you know, homeworking threat. He does a lot of fun things. I don't really you know, even though I said that out on the e TN, I'm not going to fight anybody who you know, says that's the way to play this backfield. They're all so cheap. But I think you just when you go into your drafts, man, you got to make sure you get a piece of this backfield, because we saw a Cohen can do in Tampa Bay and figuring out this backfield could be the key to winning your league or even could you know, winning a million dollars in the FFPCI.
Speaker 1: The thing that is important to realize here, it's like two rounds. ETM is going two rounds ahead of both Gigsby and Bachelle Tooton right now. So to your point, Gret went in deut grab the cheaper guy watching us tonight on Twitch Potato Juice Triple o one. Would you trade Ced Lamb and David Montgomery for Bjon Robinson and Courtland Sutton. Now, obviously this question requires nuance kind of you know, it depends upon what your team settings are, what type of league this is, whether you need a running back. But if I'm answering this in a vacuum, Dave, I would rather have the beajon Robinson Courtland Sutton side than the CD LAMB David Montgomery side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you get a young running back entering his prime, Like I think Robinson's probably gonna end up finishing as the RB one this year. Atlanta has another easy rush schedule.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: You know, you can get probably five six good years of Bijon and you know, pick up n Okay wide receiver too, if it's in PPR leagues. Yeah, I would take that side as well.
Speaker 1: The next team or player I want to talk about is Trad Benson. I drafted him in a bunch of dynasty leagues last year. Did not see much return of my investment, But will that be different this year? Dave, Is Trey Benson a target for you on the Arizona Cardinals in twenty twenty five? I think he is.
Speaker 2: I think he's a great like bench dashed kind of running back, and like, look, let's not let's not pull punches yere. Benson stunk last year. You know, I thought he I thought.
Speaker 1: He looked hesitant and indecisive as a rusher. You know.
Speaker 2: But the thing that I think we all kind of forget sometimes when we're playing fantasy football, it's, you know, what I think think about the player doesn't matter. What you think doesn't matter. What does matter is what the team and what the coaching staff thinks. And through Arizona's own actions this year, we're in action. It shows that they still have a lot of faith in Trey Benson. Like in what was supposedly a loaded running back class this year, right Arizona had the chance to say, you know what, Trey Benson wasted that third round pick last year, Let's find someone else from this draft class. Well, they didn't add anybody of note, and so that's what's the only other running back I leave behind him is Michael Carter. And so you know that does speak volumes to their confidence and their feelings on Benson. You know, there's been some sort of there's been some mixed messages out on next like the coach speacondex. You know that we have quotes from John you know, Jonathan Gannon, the head coach, and Drew Pets and the offensive coordinated kind of indicating that James Connor is still going to be the bell cow. But we also have quotes from Connor himself, Kyler Murray saying, yeah, Trey Benson is going to be more involved. Probably my stance on Benson this year is probably more of a fade of James Connor than it is like a ringing endorsement of Benson. You know, Connor, he's been one of the most undervalued players the last two years, but he's now thirty years old, and you know, this is that point for running backs where production can unexpectedly fall off a cliff, like any time, Like Melvin Gordon a couple of years ago with the Broncos. He you know, still split with Javonte Williams and I forget the season, but he was great, and then he once goes into year two and he just completely knows dives and he wasn't the same player, you know. So I think there's a possibility Benson could have some standalone value and if Connor starts to decline or he gets injured, which he's had some struggles with injuries as well, you know, you could have a plug and play like Borderline RB one.
Speaker 1: Trey Benson is a guy I'm looking forward to bigger things this year, and hopefully bigger things for my Dynasty teams that I have him on. If you want to play Dynasty in the FFPC, pick one, up today. Dynasty startups going on right now. Entry fees ranging from one hundred dollars, although we have to five thousand dollars two thousand plus leagues over the course of fifteen years and no leagues have ever folded. That's at n y f FPC dot com. My f FPC dot com is where to go for that. We'll step out take our final break. When we come back, We're gonna put one Dave van Tresca from Rodaballer on the clock. Would he rather draft Jacoby Myers or Chris Olbvey. Would he d rather draft Baker Mayfield or Boon? Next David and Joker or Tyler Warren. These questions and more will be answered. You are watching FFPC Insider Access right here on the Better Sports Network. Main Event ray evcast PC two thousand dollars, Mry Team Bram Prize a million dollars. I'm luck about one benue dollars Top prize. Main Event season is enforced lan FFPC Main Event FFPC Big Girl at FFPC Dynasty League's Best Ball and super Flex Bestball tournaments live now at my FFPC dot com. About twelve minutes left in the show. Good time to put Davin Tresca from Rotobawler dot com on the clock. You follow him on the ex at f F Underscore Stallion. Let's kick things off with one of the teams in action tonight. Actually, I take that back. No, DJ Moore is no longer a Panther. DK Metcalf is a Steeler, but the Steelers and Panthers playing right now to go, I don't know. All of a sudden, it was twenty twenty two to me all over again. That's all right, It all blends together, it does after a while. Yeah, Now, if you are in a redraft league, who would you rather draft this year? Dave? Is it? Is it DK Metcalf or did you rather draft DJ Moore in Chicago?
Speaker 2: So I would rather go DK Metcalf, And that might that might be surprising for some people. I just well, first of all, we know that CAS's gonna be the number one target hands down.
Speaker 1: There. There's really no competition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Arthur Smith's offense, the run ratio, run pad not great, But how much of that's gonna be Arthur Smith and how much of it's going to be Aaron Rodgers? You know, Aaron Rodgers, even though he declined last year, you know, DeVante Adams and Garrett Rolson, they were still very playable for fantasy leagues. So he's still you know, he has that tendency to lock go on the one guy in his offenses he always has, and Pittsburgh doesn't really have anybody else. Dj Moore could totally end up being the number one target in Chicago this year. I just don't think we really know, you know, what that offense is going to look like yet. Plus there's a ton of target competition. You know, Romo Dune say, he's been standing out. You know, he could emerge as the one They drafted Colston Lovelin, you know, tenth overall. They also have Luther burn the third and you know Greg Olsen last week, don't know if you call it that on the Bears broadcast, they had Ryan Poles in the boots for a little bit. Poles stepped out and Greg Olsen kind of let the cat out in the bag when he said, Poles thinks that burden can end up being better than, you know, than more er doing by seasons end. So there's just a lot of uncertainty for me with the I think the Bears offense is going to be better. I just don't quite know that Moore is going to be the beneficiary. So you know, I'll take the guy who maybe lesser offense, but you know he could we could see one hundred and sixty targets if everything goes right.
Speaker 1: If I shift the question to New Orleans versus Las Vegas, would you rather draft? And by the way, all these players that I'm talking about are all basically going back to back in FFPC drafts. Right now, if you're on the clock and you're you're taking a receiver, Dave, are you going to take Jacoby Myers or are you going to take Chris Olavey. I know you talked a little bit about a lobby earlier.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I know I kind of trash New Orleans offense, But in this in this scenario, yeah, I'd rather take the the the stab at Olive. I like Yakobe Myers, super underrated player. He is Las Vegas is wide receiver one, but he's not gonna be the top target right that that that's gonna be Brock Bowers.
Speaker 1: Does he see more targets than Ashton genty this year? Myers?
Speaker 2: Mmm mmm, I think there's award where he doesn't You know, I think gent could wind up being the second leading receiver. Yeah, the second target target owner there. That's an interesting.
Speaker 1: Jacoby Myers could be the rare WR one, but PC three right on that team, right right? Yeah? Yeah, but yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: A lave, it's it could be nasty, but you said earlier they're gonna stink, but you know there's still potential for on the targets and you know, like we had the Jacksonville Jaigua wires. Oh my gosh, there's ten years ago now, that famous Blake Bordles here. Plenty of garbage time points.
Speaker 1: You know. The other thing I always bring it back to his fantasy football is supposed to be fun. Chryst Olave to me, is a lot more fun to draft than Jacoby myersd. So that's that's the other reason I would agree with you and say a lot of there. I want to skip two quarterbacks, Baker Mayfield or Bone Knicks. Quite frankly, I've gone back and forth on this one.
Speaker 2: I don't have any see it's it's bonnets for me, and it's it's it's not really close. I just feel like like Baker Mayfield way better quarterback than a lot of people including myself, gave him credit for Like, you don't throw forty one touchdowns by accident and have a seven point two percent you know that, just that, just you're a good quarterback of that, right right. The problem is Mayfield's probably the single biggest regression candidate out there this year, like set career highs across the board, career highs passing yards, touchdowns, touchdown rate, He even set a career high in rushing yards. Like he is going the regressor's career means in all of these areas. And even if he drops, you know, that touchdown rate comes back closer to his career mark of five percent. Like that, that's going to make a significant debt Nicks. You know, it's an interesting one because I do think there's a world where we actually saw bow Knick's peak last year. But I feel like he's gonna be safer in that. You know, he's still.
Speaker 1: Gonna run a lot.
Speaker 2: He's got, in my opinion right now, the better offensive play caller. We don't know what Josh Grizzer is going to be. You know, just because he was in the same system, that doesn't that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be better. You know, we saw that a couple of years ago with the Eagles when Shane Stiking got hired by the Colts and I think it was Brian Johnson took over and the offense was a mess. So plus, you know, there is a scenario where bow Knicks takes a significant year or two leap in the system and you know, makes a major statistic statistical improvement there. He just he just kind of feels like the safer pick for me.
Speaker 1: I think. And we're running out of time here, but I want to get to a really fun one, and this is a first round one. If you are dead set on taking one of these running backs in the first round, or maybe the better question to ask you, Dave. Let's say one of your buddies is drafting and he says, you're gonna co own this team with me, but we have to take either Saquon Barkley or Christian McCaffrey in the first round. What's the advice you're giving him? Which one? Is it going to be Barkley or McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be McCaffrey. And I don't even hesitate to say that, And the main thing is, like Barkley All World rushing season last year. You go look at the stats from any two thousand yard rusher, you know they're rushing production all significantly declines the following year. For Barkley, what's his role going to be going to be as a receiver. He wasn't heavily involved as a pass catcher last year. McCaffrey like that, he's locked in for that role even if even if his rushing totals go down, like he's gonna be, maybe there's their second target arder, Like you know, San Francisco wide receivers are dropped on left and right. It's looking like it's going to be Kittle, Pearsall and Caffrey for sure. And you know that work as a receiver is what for me makes that a pretty easy call. Plus, if he still is getting the work as a rusher, you know, we know, we know what.
Speaker 1: He's capable of. He can put up one of those All World seasons. Yeah, Joe King already chiming in on YouTube CMC is the last man standing already in that San frans guy. Although Girndo did come back now, so we do have Grendo, which is which is good. Let's talk about another running back situation. These guys are going back to back right now, and both of them have been steamed up the board a little bit. Jordan Mason now in Minnesota or Jalen Warren in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: I'm going Mason, and you know, Kevin O'Connell has been gushing about this guy since they acquired him in the offseason. You know, it's going to be a better offense. I feel like, better offensive line. He might even be the goal line back. You know, Aaron Jones. I know they gave him an extension this offseason, but all the metrics for him, they point to a player and client. So there is a scenario where Jordan Mason take completely takes over this backfield by mid season. Jalen Warren look nice player. I think he's going to be another great option in PPR, you know, in PPR leagues as a flex maybe an RB two. My thing with Jalen Warren, though, you know he sat behind Najie Harris for three years and that could never beat him out. You know, we all know what Najee Harris is at this point for whatever, and look, jayn Warren's clearly looked like a superior rusher for whatever reason, that coaching staff didn't seem to think he was good enough, better than better enough th Naj Harris to give him the RB one role. Now, they brought him back this year as a restricted agents as a restricted free agent, and they signed him to a restricted free agent tender for five point three million dollars. It's not not exactly a ringing endorsement. And so I know Kayleb Johnson is having some issues and pass protection everything. I'm a big Kayleb Johnson fan. You know, I'm not as concerned about the lack of athleticism as others. And so the thing I just get caught up on with Warren, I just I'm just not quite sure that. I'm not quite sure why we think he is going to suddenly take over this backfield when he couldn't be down Nachie Harris for three years now.
Speaker 1: It's a good point, it's good good thinking there in regards to Jalen Warren. I think as much as I've drafted Jalen Warren, I think I might be with you on Mason here. Final one for the night. We'll go back to the wide receiver room. De Mario Douglas in New England or Joshua Palmer in Buffalo. This is another fun one, an underrated one, and quite frankly, not a lot of chatter going on beach No versus Palmer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I have shares of both both players across my dynasty leagues. But it's it's Pop Douglas, and the big thing is I think Douglas. You know, again, we don't know what's going to happen in New England as far as he's gonna be the wide receiver one. Douglas is wrong with Rave reviews. The thing with Palmer, I think he's a good player, but I think he could just be more of a rotational player. I expect, you know, Joe Brady's still the play caller, and I just still expect them to kind of go with that spread the ball around approach. I don't know that we're ever going to see it, you know, someone truly emerges as the wide receiver one there. I still think Palmer could be a great like deep league flex or like in some of these dynasty leagues where you know it's a start twelve and start thirteen things like that. Palmer could be a great flex play. But if you're forcing me to choose one. It's got to be Douglass just because I think he's the guy that has the best chance to emerge as his team's wide receiver.
Speaker 1: One. Yeah, I think like for me, I'm down on Shakir because of that high ankle spring. So yeah, I have shares of both of these players. Like you, I think it's Joshua Palmer for me as the way I would leave. Okay, of what Dave you ask me tomorrow, I might switch my mind to right between these guys. Always fun to put the guests on the clock tonight and Dave with with that, we're going to wrap up the show. I want to remind everybody that we can find you on x at f F Underscore Stallion. You're doing a lot of stuff for Rotoballer though right now too. Yeah, yeah, I contribute on a little bit of everything. You know.
Speaker 2: I'll have some fantasy football stuff coming out, you know, I contribute on the sports betting side of things. You can find me in the Rotorball or Discord there. I kind of lurk around there, release my you know, my weekly best bets and some player props for them on that week. You can also catch my work on Rodballer dot com as you said, and check out the Roaderballer app. You know we have live news updates, rankings, breakout, sleepers, bus dfs, plays, betting picks.
Speaker 1: You know we've got it all going on over there. It is your companion for Fantasy football drafting season, that rotorball or app Rotaballer dot com and of course make sure you're following Dave on x at f f Underscore Stallion. This was fun, man, I'm gonna have to have you back on again.
Speaker 2: Your Yeah, we'll do it after I throw my whole documentation happens to the best of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't you worry, don't you worry. I want to thank Dave for coming on tonight, Dave n. Tresca and of course our producer Sean Engel I fellow Rotoballer. We were just Rolloballer all over the place tonight with Dave and Sean. We will be back this coming Thursday with the season four premiere of f FPC Insider Access with Tyler Bucker from Fantasy Guru. We'll talk with him. It's gonna be a lot of fun. FFPC Big Gorilla Tournament, Main Event, super Flex Bestball Tournament, Classic, Bestball Tournament, and of course Dynasty startups, all going on at my f FPC dot com. For our producer Sean Engel and Dave Dan Treusca, I have been Eric Balkman. This is FFPC insider access on the better sports network. Go and crush those drafts, everybody,