Speaker 1: The following segment is brought to you by her Title Barbecue, some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your life. Locations in Mansfield, Arlington, and Fort Worth, two locations of globalife Field, and one's now open in Dallas in the Farmers Market. So if you're in the nine seven two or two one four and you want her Title Barbecue, you no longer have to go out to the eight one seven. But if you're in the eight one seven, you got a lot of options out there. Go enjoy the best barbecue you've ever put in your mouth, the greatness of her Title Barbecue. But right now it's time for this tab's good listeners, Here comes kt fun tweets. We're the round. Now let's go around the sports kt fun tweets as all the sports.
Speaker 2: Yea, guys, what are we gonna do? We lost her backup quarterback.
Speaker 1: Trey Lance. Bro keep him.
Speaker 2: Cooper Rush has signed a two year deal with the Baltimore Ravens, and now the Cowboys have no plan if Dak and his hammy fall off the bone again.
Speaker 1: I really didn't see did Trey Lance sign somewhere? No? I don't wait to bring him back because I mean they all hate him. Oh really, I think so you need I mean, honestly, you could just it doesn't even matter because if you don't have Dak, you're done, You're You're totally cooked, I think.
Speaker 2: But also I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I do think Let's see what else the team looks like by the time we get to the start of the season. The first thing is, it's very sure that Cooper Cooper's got a two year deals, so he took it right, But so you know, he didn't run the same offense Lamar Jackson runs.
Speaker 2: That's a little weird to me. But the Cowboys current fetish for former first round picks, I'm thinking Carson Wentz could be a guy the veragain is the backup if they the Chiefs don't want him around anymore because he apparently the guy sucks as a human. No one really wants to be on him either.
Speaker 1: Oh well, well, if I mean, I think it's a fair point you make, skin, Let's see what the rest of how it's built out, how the rest of the offseason goes. If they have this badass team and they're going for it, and they've made the investments to go for it now, which it doesn't even doesn't feel like that. You know, it's not like they're going out and spending a bunch of money in free agency to fill holes and like really go for it this year. They're kind you know, they're paying their guys that they're keeping or whatever. But there's nothing here that says it's not going to be an eight to nine season. But if they were like really going for it, then yeah, I would want to have a good backup, so if you missed Dak for two or three games, your season doesn't fall apart. But I don't know that they have that. What are you expecting scheme wise? If can we even have an expectation of that? Because this man has never really been a head coach, and he hasn't been the offensive coordinator running an offense in a really long time, and he.
Speaker 2: Hired a bunch of coaches who've got a lot of different backgrounds, which I like, So we don't know. I don't know what to expect.
Speaker 1: It's also complicated because you don't know how good your offensive line is going to be, right, and you don't know who you're starting running back is going to be, and you really only have one receiver and you have a bunch of You've signed a bunch of guys to one year deals or whatever. I mean, you don't really at this point, it's your your roster. It's not like you the coach has a system to your point, and it's not like you have immense talent dictating a system like I don't think Dak can really move around. He's not going to be mobile anymore. So, I mean, you've got Cede Lamb and that's all you really have to build your expectation around. You know who I would like to see as our backup quarterback since Dak isn't mobile anymore. Joe Flacco. Just work with me.
Speaker 2: Joe Fleco's in negotiations with the Giants. Giants to look at Joe Flacco and Jameis Winston.
Speaker 1: And Jameis Winston would be fun.
Speaker 2: That'd be really fun.
Speaker 1: I think Jameis Winston would beat Dak out.
Speaker 2: I mean, no, Jamis is not good.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind, this is the first year that you're paying him sixty a year. I'm looking forward to it, Jamis. But no, no, no, we got that number down.
Speaker 2: We got that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were structured, were structured.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got flipped.
Speaker 1: Apparently, when you restructure, that money just goes away.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you what I think they're gonna do. I think they're going to draft Texas Longhorns quarterback Quin Yours. Let's go where well, if he falls to well, they don't have a fourth round pick, falls to the fifth round, they take him in the fifth round. They got Mingo, And honestly, I think when you should be fifth round pick because this quarterback draft sucks, though he'll probably go fair round.
Speaker 1: Do you think we could trade Mingo to move up and draft yours? I don't think anyone wants him yours or Mingo Mingo? Well, Mingo, someone will want yours. We get it.
Speaker 2: He should have gone back to college and get money there.
Speaker 1: Could he beat dack out? No, I don't know. Man, yours is Yours has an entire quarter of every game where he's terrible.
Speaker 2: We'll think differently about the cowboy Boys when they draft like a wide receiver. There's a wide stuer from Arizona who's really good. It's too early be talking a mind.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to say his first name, but we'll just come Ted. Okay, So if they draft Ted, they should be good. Ted tedaroy is his first name, ted Roy McMillan from Arizona. He's like huge, he's like six to five, and it was like, well, he's too slow and he's ran a four to four eight. So everyone's like, oh god, he's going top ten Now. I'm like, no, he's always been right around fifteen where you would take him. The guyl was picked twelve, that'd be great, and then he'd be a good guy to be to go with Ceedee Lamb red zone threat. Right, and then you're like, okay, well there's two good wide receivers, end up draft running back, and then you've ignored the offensive line and Dak's getting hit in the mouth of all the time.
Speaker 1: You know what, though, there's chance their first round pick from last year could make a giant leap. Sure, brother, there's a chance after a chance their last two first round we got to hope there for it. Last two first round pick. Stop sucking.
Speaker 2: The problem is the whole I mean the I'm less worried about Guidan's development in Cooper Beebe's development. The problem is who's playing the position right guard? Like that's what that's Mike, it's they need to trade the coach.
Speaker 1: I love that they need to trade back. Sure, So they get to twelve and there's a quarterback there, somebody wants genty, somebody trades up. They trade back to like eighteen or something to pick up some extra picks to make up for the Mingo and Trey Lance signings. Don't they just keep Trey Lance? Dude?
Speaker 2: I mean maybe Will Griers their play. They're not speaming, dude. The Dante Fowler signing on Friday was their largest external free agent signing since Greg Hardy. Why I'm not making a jene.
Speaker 1: It's a one year, eight million dollar deal, right hey, at ten and a half sacks, it's it's good. I would I would keep Trey Lance and just not playing at quarterback.
Speaker 2: Try to do that last year.
Speaker 1: Why don't we Why don't we play them at receiver? Dude?
Speaker 2: I think that guy is turping. We already paid that guy six a year. Mark Stein and many others reporting that Anthony Davis and Jaden Hardy at the Mavericks have been officially recalled from their practice stint with the Texas Legends.
Speaker 1: What they just got it out like they had one practice. I don't know what any of that means.
Speaker 2: So five hours ago Steyning tweeted, Anthony Davis is practicing with the Legends today up in Frisco. Oh okay, and then that's gotta party and Kai Jones are in contention to be active for the Mavericks game on Wednesday against Indiana.
Speaker 1: That's gotta be procedural, because I don't think the Mavericks are practicing right now because they don't have enough bodies to practice. Yeah, so they probably wanted Anthony Davis and Jayden Hardy to get run. So they probably had to do some sort of procedural thing to do that.
Speaker 2: Because the Suns are so bad. The Mavericks have the ten seed in the West, which would qualify them for the play in.
Speaker 1: Dude, they were They looked great in the first half against the Philly team that lost thirteen to fifteen. I thought, well, okay, they're gonna get a win, and I was looking at the schedule, going, man, I don't know that Phoenix is gonna win today. They're going to gain another ground and they lost to fill it. He who had lost thirteen of fifteen. And you're sitting going, I don't know where the winds come from. If you can't meet Philly at home when Philly's not trying to win, where did the wins come from? Unless we're about to get news that Anthony Davis is back, which would just blow my mind wide open. I'd be like, Okay, didn't see that coming. What a weird season, man, it's the weirdest I thought Anthony Davis was pretty much done for the year. Now he's playing with the Legends, or he's practicing with the legends. Just show me something else. I can't believe I'm ready for it. Whatever you got that, I can't believe I'm ready to see it, man, bring it on. So Quentin Grimes went for twenty eight the other day. Yeah he looked good. I mean, and it wasn't even like, you know, just forcing it. He played just within that.
Speaker 2: He's their only player right now, right Yeah, he's still role player. He's not a star. Star numbers right now.
Speaker 1: Right now is that there's not a single player on the team that can protect the basket. And so teams that are smart, like the Spurs did this in the second game. They just went and shot layups the entire game because no one's coming over to help. Is Caleb Martin hurt again or he didn't play yesterday. Okay, and he's on a minute restriction. Anyways, such a bad season in so many different ways. Man grind look good though, Yeah, he looked. That hurts. It all hurts. And that particular trade is the one that pushed them over the apron. Right. Yes, if they hadn't made that deal, they might have more maneuverability with the roster. Yeah, I need to look at the money, but I believe that's accurate. I believe that Buddy would have had enough space to keep signing guys he wasn't going to stay so presumably, right, Yeah, yeah, I'd heard her so, and he asked out of Detroit. I don't I don't know what is to be gained by ad playing. I worried that he's going to get hurt. Obviously. I would just like to fast forward into the offseason. And you know, but these guys compete hard every night, and I mean, if they make the playoffs or they make a play in game, and I don't know what the real upside is there. I think for this fan base, the best thing could happen is just hit the reset button and shroop start over. Get it. If they were to luck out, And this is a team that's in desperate need of some luck. But if they lucked out and got a top four pick, which if they got all the way down to like ten or eleven, that's not that outrageous. A team has gone from ten, I believe a team I think Chicago one year went from ten to the first pick. I can't have to go back and look at lottery history. Now. The Mavericks have never had any lottery history luck at all. But if they were to land in the top four after not making the playoffs, that would be like, okay, they could probably use that pick and make another trade and acquire a player that could stem the tide till Kyrie's back, or if the right players there, one of those guards out of Rutger or whatever, maybe they could draft him. You know, but that's still that's squinting. You know, they're gonna have a lot of ability to make moves this summer. And yeah, I mean, I know everyone's kind of operating under the assumption that they think Nico is gonna be fired. And man, I'm being as sincere with you as I can be. I have no idea what Patrick Dumont thinks about the any of this, and unless someone's talked to Patrick dumont. I don't think they know either. There's no track record here at all unless you've like can somehow equate it to something that's happened at the SAMs court before. Like, there's no track record to understand what this owner thinks about what has or hasn't happened. So we're just al center going, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe right and if Nico's gone, he's got to wear some of what's happened too. Right now, a lot of this Nico is wearing.
Speaker 1: There's to me, there's only one thing that can happen that could restore faith in the organization. I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but it's to bring Dirk on and have him be the GM or something to president of basketball and so in some way bring Dirk into the organization. It's the only thing that could help. Honestly my feel I don't know what the role would be. You don't have to fire anyone, but if you just made Dirk in charge, Like hey man, we're just we're we're building this casino. We're just gonna hire Dirk and let him run everything. Everybody reports to Dirk. Now I think the fan base would go Okay, I agree that the fan base would be on board of that. I can't imagine Dirk part of that, right exactly. Yeah, but I agree with you. I think you're right.
Speaker 2: But let me just throw out another option. Let's add Romo to the roster.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go on, Kevin, Let's go, come on, Kevin, let him cook gun before I mean, let ktkuk Yeah, yeah, yeh, get in the ball.
Speaker 2: You don't want me in the organization. I have some Tomorrow's MLB opening It tomorrow's MLB Opening day, and I have some Rangers news, both good and bad.
Speaker 1: Or you're sitting on Rangers news until tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Because tomorrow's opening day. Tomorrow morning at three ten am is opening day.
Speaker 1: What do you mean opening it's what you got?
Speaker 2: Some japan Ball happening.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'll be glued all right, and we'll be out at opening Day.
Speaker 2: See you on in ten days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, thank you, Kevin. There he goes Kevin Turner. Yeah, coming up next. It's the only segment of the day that won't be podcast at the Today game. Right here on the Eagle