Speaker 1: Welcome to the five o'clock show. It's time for common sense. Now it's Kats and Gosby with John Kassimatids and Rita Gosby standing for truth, justice and the American Way bringing common sense to the world. Now here's John Katsimatidis and Rita Gosby breaking news w ABC.
Speaker 2: Well, what's going on with the Pierre de Care text and the renfreeze.
Speaker 3: There's some interesting stuff with the renfreeze case?
Speaker 2: Right and uh, right now they're trying to shake it up. And who's winning, who's losing?
Speaker 3: Rita, Well, I think, uh, Staten Island, it's getting moved. I think, bottom line, yes, because I hate to say it. The whole process has become so political and that's not the way it should go. And we've got two very smart attorneys and well dressed ones by the way, in the studio with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very well dressed Judge Richard Weinberg, very well dressed on the phone, have another attorney and an accountant and the borough president.
Speaker 3: We love him, Vito Facella, of course of Staten Island. Vito, will you fill us in on this big decision? Essentially what being moved suggested you should be moved out of Staten Island.
Speaker 4: First off, I'm not well dressed.
Speaker 3: Well, then we gotta go. I only talk to well on the radio. I only talk to well dressed men.
Speaker 5: Veto I'll take you across the street, I'll got you suited.
Speaker 2: Up, no problem.
Speaker 4: I can never compete with these judge. So yeah, this is one of those just it's you know, there's a challenge as a problem. Uh you know, free groceries, free this, free that, And unfortunately, long term you're right, Rita, people are going to lose because the socialist approach to rising rents is to freeze them. And that's what with the rent Guidelines Board that froze for the first time ever, if I'm not mistaken, two year leases as in addition to one yearlyase, so zero and zero rent increases. And I know that sounds great if you're paying rent, you don't want to increases. But long term, if you want of those owners and need to make improvements to the house or the apartment, the chance of you doing it gets less and less over time, and therefore people are not going to make the investments that they should. And what happened was a bunch of owners of people who are going to get part of my expression screwed over the long haul by.
Speaker 3: This we understand that by the way, we understand that, yes, very important go ahead.
Speaker 4: So a case is brought in Staten Island, which I think has about eight thousand rent stabilized and this only applies to rent stabilized apartments, is about a million throughout the city to sizeable represent maybe a two billion people. It was brought in Staten isl and the judge today ruled that the venue was not to be Richmond County but Manhattan because that's where the process and the decision was made, and the Article seventy eighth that was brought was still advance. I think the facts still very strong for the people bringing this case and the law. But most importantly this folks should get the impression what's happening once again with the city instead of doing more of the free market approach to solving problems, is embracing a socialist model that sounds perhaps attractive on its face, but long term is a disaster.
Speaker 3: So Judge Weinberg, essentially the judge is saying, right, it should be moved to Manhattan. Now here's I'm just speaking as a layman I'm not speaking as an attorney. It sounds to me like that's good news for the Mundani administration because they'll get a more favorable judge than if they were in Staten Island.
Speaker 5: The assumption on the Mayor's office and Corporation Council is exactly that they'll have a more favorable judge who will lean more ideal logically in their direction than in State NA. That's why they did it, and of the factor of matter, that's very regrettable that you have to worry about where case is brought and worry about the disposition of the case based on a concern about the bias of a judge. That's a terrible thing to people's faith in judicial system. I think it's outrageous.
Speaker 2: The fact of the.
Speaker 5: Matter is Veto is right. Economically, this is a disaster. You're gonna have less housing, people are going to abandon their properties. Rent's going to go up, rent controls, rent regulations never work. A freeze will be a disaster. Buildings won't be maintained, people will lose housing opportunities. It was a stupid thing to do, but they did it because of ideology. Hopefully the judge's assigned to in Manhattan will have enough frames to understand the economics and the unfairness and the bias of the decision of the so called rent Guidelines Board, which was packed by this mayor. It was a packed decision where they ignored the economic data.
Speaker 4: Way, judge, the Guidelines Board is supposed to be independual. They're supposed to analyze the economic data. And part of my favorite expression that John has expressed repeatedly and all of you do is common sense. If you own a piece of property and you're making ten dollars, but over time you're losing nine to eight, seven, six, down to one, at what point do you just walk away. We're saying I'm going to sell this and get out of town because I'm actually losing money on the property that I own, And common sense has a back and forth, and the Guidelines Board is supposed to assess it independently. But to your point, Judge, it was a political ram job that basically said you're out with freezing the rents, and I'm the messiah.
Speaker 2: I think somehow they have to get it into federal court, and I don't know how because I'm the only non lawyer here. I'm me and rita ed.
Speaker 6: Is there any federal issue that I think the change to Manhattan and to a more liberal judge is very important because they'll turn on the facts. Was the rent board fixed or not? And did they actually consider the facts of the case or did they just do what.
Speaker 2: Then I'll tell you the truth. I think I would go to the US Attorney and say, you decide if this this is fixed or not. I think this is You know, the fact that New York creates their own law is all a bunch of crap. And I think that the US Attorney is going to be tough enough. President Trump he called me this morning. I was on the phone with him this morning, and he loves New York. He specifically said that, and he wants a couple of US New Yorkers to go and have dinner with him and talk about New York and how we fix it.
Speaker 6: The way you fix it is through at this point in November, elect a Republican.
Speaker 2: Yes, but he wants to do what he can do to make sure that things are good for New York.
Speaker 6: Well understood, he loves New York, he loves the or here right, go ahead, veto Well.
Speaker 4: If anybody understands the dynamics and economics of real estate. It's President Trump as well as John, and you cannot it's unsustainable to be able to do this. And don't forget as a part of it is you're a alluding to this was a campaign promise made last year. We will freeze your rents. But reality is it's supposed to be an independent decision by the board. But when you stack the board with your own appointees and either wink wink or tell them you see who you've been raised the rest at all. That's not right.
Speaker 5: Okay, last point on this street, Veto. The problem is you have an administration that's dedicated that personal property, real property is onerous, it's awful, it's a bad thing. They want to seize property. They're against private property. If you understand that, you understand the people who are around Mondami, that's what they want to do. They want to grab it, and this is their excuse to grab property.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is it, Veto, thank you so much. Keep us posted because I'm sure this is far from the last word on it. Bedo, thank you so much. And John, I understand we have somebody calling in right now, laras in why you started.
Speaker 7: And joining us now here on Kats and Cosby is Lara Trump, of course, the great host of My View with Laura Trump on Saturdays at nine pm on Fox. John watches the rerun at three o'clock. It still counts towards the ratings, which we love Laura and Lara. So this week, I know you haven't nas canter freedom. We're going to get to that in a moment, But first in Florida. I can't believe that a DSA, a full blown DSA radical, is now running for US Senate in Florida against Ashley Moody.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well that tell you really how seriously I think people need to be taking these midterms, because at one time we kind of joked about these people. We didn't take them seriously. We kind of said, well, no one will ultimately vote for them. And to your point, Hrita, she is actually running as a Democrat Senate candidate in Florida. People think of Florida, they think bright red, they think there's no way this can happen here. But it shows you that all across the country, these people are picking up steam and gaining momentum. And it's up to us as Republicans to shine a light on not only what they want to do for our country, but I think we need to be cheerleaders for the accomplishments Republicans have had in the past several years, especially with Donald Trump back in the White House. You turn on the TV every day and you don't get a sense of exactly what has happened, but whether it's the largest tax cuts in American history, no tax on tips, overtime social security, securing our border, bringing manufacturing back, leveling the playing field when it comes to trade, all of these great things that have happened for America. We've got to talk about them because we cannot allow these lunatics to actually make it to Capitol Hill. Imagine they get a foothold, they get a majority. It is just going to spell disaster for the United States. On my show this weekend, as well as ans cancer freedom, I have who I believe will be our next governor here the great state of Florida. I have Byron donald On and he obviously just won and he will be on the ticket this November for Floridians. He's got big shoots to fill. Ron De Santis has done an incredible job as our Florida governor, and he's got a lot of thoughts about exactly that and why people in Florida cannot take our great state being read for granted.
Speaker 2: Tell us, you know, we saw what happened in Florida, and I was told we had a Democrat on and I asked him what happened in Florida and he says that the opponent that Nixon had at thirteen million dollars in the bank and I only spent three or four looking forward to keeping the rest of the money, and they screwed up. And that's the reason that the Nixon won. What do you think, Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean that could be part of it. Look, I think money really does play a big factor in these races, and that's why I think. You look at what the RNC has under their belt right now, what the DNC has in the bank, and it's completely different. You have the RNC with about one hundred and thirty million dollars cash on hand, that's going to be huge. You contrast that, John, with what the DNC has going on. They just had to leverage their building in Washington, DC to take out a fifteen million dollars long there's still three million dollars in debt right now, they're in dire straits, they're in shambles. It kind of shows you how the American people feel when you look at the money that's been donated to these two different entities. But money does make a difference, and that's why the audience listening right now. From now until November, guys, you're going to see all of these advertisements out there for these candidates locally, you know, in your state, in your district. Make sure you're supporting the people you want to see in that way, in the in the capital, supporting the president in the White House, because honestly, these things will really matter two years. Donald Trump has left after this mid term election, and if you allow these radicals to take over, if you allow the Democrats to become them, we know they're just going to go after the president. It's going to be impeachment nonsense and all of it.
Speaker 2: So, Laura, the most important thing you said that the American people are starting to get the pulse that the Democrats have lost their mind.
Speaker 8: Well, that's exactly right. I mean, you can't spend it any other way.
Speaker 9: That's the reality of the situation.
Speaker 8: And I think we need to be sure we highlight that I think, you know the problem is that it's easy to write these people off as just being totally crazy. But then when they start winning these primaries and they are actually on the ticket this November, this is when we have to take it seriously. But the Democrats really backed themselves in this corner because they allowed the momentum to completely slip away from themselves. They put all their eggs and they hate Donald Trump and anti Donald Trump basket. They had Joe Biden as the leader of their party for four years who was a completely empty suit and did absolutely nothing, and they allowed for these socialists to basically slip in the back door and take things over, and now they're in a situation where it seems like their party is split to a certain extent. The bottom line here for the American people is whether we're talking about the moderate Democrats or whether we're talking about these socialists that are trying to take over, neither of those two groups are going to do what the American people want. The only group that actually will will be the Republicans come this November.
Speaker 7: And Laura, one of the things, as while as we're talking about this Florida race, this woman Angie Nixon actually came out and say I played it on my show where she came out and she said that it's told some fun to take her kids to drag shows. I don't know how older her kids are, if they're kindergarten or high school, but to me to take your kids and it's okay to take your kids to drag shows. That leads in perfectly because you I love this A nas Cantor Freedom, who of course made huge headlines when he said he's to try out forthy WNBA. He's of course an NBA star. Talk about this sort of this whole craziness. If you go to the public, the American public overwhelmingly says no, there shouldn't be guys in girls' sports. So talk about this weekend and also this craziness of the DSA.
Speaker 8: Well, first of all, I mean, we have to protect our kids first and foremost, and kids grow up fast en us as it is. To infuse all of this sort of gender theory and all the crazy nonsense in school curriculums, and then to expose them to drag shows and all of this stuff. It's just that kids should never be exposed to these things. It's why you know, here in Florida, one of the things Byron Donald talks about is ensuring that the parents are in charge of their child's education. It couldn't be more important than in a moment like right now. But to your point about and that's in what he's doing, we have seen just how crazy things have gotten. The common sense has completely left the picture when it comes to the left, because you have within the rules of the WNBA a very specific statement that says only women are allowed to participate and be players in the WNBA. They fail, though, guys, to define what a woman is. Where have we heard that before? One of our Supreme Court justices can't even do it. And so because of that, they left this window open to allow, as you just said, Rita, men to compete against women in these WNBA games. And because it has become such a hot button topic, and that said, you know what, just to prove what would happen if men were allowed to compete in this sport, I will put myself forward as a WNBA draft pick in twenty twenty seven. So I sat down with him yesterday. It's going to be on the show Saturday night. We talk about all of it. The people he's also talked to who are former professional basketball players who want to join him in this pursuit. His message to the WNBA, and then he and I may or may not have played a little game of one on one, and I'll let you decide who is the triumphant person on the other side.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much for calling in, miss Friday. Friday. But you know what I looked forward to Friday. I get to listen to you and see you and talk to you on Saturday too.
Speaker 8: All right, welky everybody there Tomorrow night, nine pm. Fox News.
Speaker 3: Thank you, guys, thank you.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 7: We're going to check out your dribble, Laura. We're going to check it out.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've news WABC and a big Supreme Court decision in favor of President Trump about the White House Ballroom. So let's see where this is going. It sounds like he can continue construction. I just saw today that it's about sixty five percent done, and that includes some stuff on the bottom two of course beneath it. So let's go who better than Professor Alan Dershwitz. Professor Dershowitz, your reaction to the Supreme Court decision and what does this mean good news, right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but before we get there, I want to be included in that one on one basketball game.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 10: I played in Madison Square Garden. I guarded a kid named Ralphy Lipshitz. He changes name to Ralph Lauren, by the way.
Speaker 3: I don't blame him for changing the name.
Speaker 10: Well, but I played so I had a pretty good jump shot from the corner. And when I was eighty five years old, I'm going to be eighty eight next week. When I was eighty five, I played against my varsity athlete, grandson Horse.
Speaker 9: And I beat him.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, wait, we need an apply.
Speaker 10: Beat off the ground.
Speaker 3: And professor, professor, hold on. It doesn't matter how many decades did as ago. Here's here's you, here's to you years ago. Bravo, bravo.
Speaker 10: I wasn't as good as I remember being, but I was a pretty good basketball player in any event. This Supreme Court case, of course, when you have the Chief Justice issuing an order like this, it's most likely that he circulated it to the justices before he issued it, and probably he has a majority on his side. Look of all the dumb things that courts have done, because so many judges are afflicted with TDS Trump Derangement syndrome. Of all the dumb things that they've done, this has to be the dumbest to try to hold up the building. To keep a hole the size of you know, half of our cities, keep a hole in the ground, course in the taxpayer's money, causing even considerably greater damage, is the dumbest thing any court has ever done. And I think the Supreme Court will, I hope, unanimously say to the judicial, to the judges, you're supposed to be the leaf dangerous brands, the leaf activist branch. You're not supposed to interfere with presidents who want to make the White House the most beautiful capital building for a president in the world. President Trump is entitled to do that, just like President Truman was entitled, President Jefferson was entitled. All these presidents, many presidents, expanded the White House, change the White House, added things, you know, and the idea that a court has nothing better to do than to issue an injunction to keep a hole in the ground. By the way, the case was brought months after the the building began, and and and it was far too late. So of course the Supreme Court will do the right thing here and not stop the president from doing what he's perfectly entitled to do under the Constitution. That has served the executive function by building the executive mansion for not only himself but for future president.
Speaker 2: And making it safer than any of those other hotels.
Speaker 10: Yeah, not only that, but having you know, possibly a helicopter port on the top, and all the things that presidents have done. You know, I've been in the White House, I don't know a hundred times since I first went there as a kid. It's beautiful, but you know, it reflects the fact that it was built two hundred something years ago and it can't just keep up without change, is without additions. So I hope the Supreme Court unanimously sends a message to the lower courts stay in your lane, Stay in your lane. Even Justice Ginsburg once through an opinion saying, we are not just commissioners assigned to do justice. We have a very limited role to decide cases and controversies. The government wants to put somebody in jail, the person says, no, I have a lawyer. That's the kind of case you take. Two people are sewing each other on a contract. That's the kind of case you take for you don't take cases trying to stop the president of the United States from filling a hole that already exists by the time you brought the lawsuit.
Speaker 2: Professor, you said, just one of the dumbest cases that was ever held up. What are the similar cases to that? Are there? How many other dumb cases out there?
Speaker 9: There are a lot.
Speaker 10: I mean, trying to stop the president from who he can hire and fire. You know, courts have a limited function to play and they shouldn't be overseeing the executive branch. And it's happening all over the world today. We're seeing it happening in Israel. Courts are playing too great a role in deciding how to fight wars and how to defend Israel against its enemies. It's happening in England. It's happening. You know. Judges are just flexing their muscles now, and judges have to stay in their lane. They have a very limited function to perform at a democracy. You know, the Book of Ruth in the Bible begins with a very interesting statement. It says, when judges ruled the land there was famine.
Speaker 4: You don't want judges to.
Speaker 10: Rule the land. You want elected officials to rule the land, the president, the Congress, but not judges. And it goes back to Biblical times.
Speaker 2: Judge Weinberger, at Cox, anything else?
Speaker 3: You know what I actually have a question for. I'm looking at you guys to John's question about a federal issue with the renfrees. Will you explain that to Professor Dershowitz.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean, I don't know if you're high professor. They moved the Staten Island case to Manhattan, would have more liberal judges to be able to kill the kill the deal that Randy Mashow is running.
Speaker 10: Well, you know, we know that judge shopping is very common on all sides, and it shouldn't be lowed when a case is assigned somewhere, that's where it goes. But look again, these are cases that that generally should be decided by the electorate and not by a lifetime appointed judge or a judge elected for fourteen years. Judges should play a very limited role in any democracy. And that's not me speaking, that's Thomas Jefferson speaking. That's Alexander Hamilton speaking. All three of you fathers. Yeah, all right, I like.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if they played basketball, but I like all of them.
Speaker 10: I know I didn't play basketball because I hadn't been invented yet, but probably a little bit of what we now call.
Speaker 2: We're on a run. Judge went at Cox any for any I agree one.
Speaker 5: Hundred and ten percent with Professor Joshwitz there.
Speaker 10: And if any of you want to shoot hoops, I'm available, always happy. I have a hoop in my backyard, and I you know, I still shoot him. I don't hit him as many as often as I can.
Speaker 2: All right, professors, get off the ground.
Speaker 10: When I take a jump shot, esh.
Speaker 6: For you, is it a two hand jump shot? Or is it a one hand jump shot?
Speaker 10: Very imposed to be. I do a one hand jump shot now, and I do a one hand foul shot. And I want to contest in Boston Garden against Bob Wolf, the sports lawyer. He hit six out of twenty and I hit thirteen.
Speaker 11: Out of twenty.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 10: Wow. We played halftime at a at a playoff game between the Celtics and I think the Warriors, I'm not sure, but I won and they carried me off the court. And that's when I was, you know, seventy years old, So I'm still trying a young song I'm going to be eighty eight next week.
Speaker 2: Together and we'll celebrate.
Speaker 10: Tell me on my birthday.
Speaker 3: We love you, we love you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Let's take Let's take a break right now in La Te're Tenny and then Steve Moore to find out what dek is going on.
Speaker 1: Are Common Sense recap of the day's biggest stories. It's John Katzi, Medidi's and Rita Cosby, Cats and Cosby on seventy seven w WABC, and.
Speaker 3: We are back here on Kats and Cosby before we get to the economy with Steve More. Steve, you wrote in your blog about Nick Shirley and alaw in California. I went to Nick Shirley as the kind of courageous independent journalist who's been uncovering all this fraud across America and what California is trying to boot him out.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's an amazing story. Actually, it'd be almost like, you know, if you saw a bank robber and then you tackle them so we couldn't get away, and then the police came and arrested you.
Speaker 2: Not the background that's happened. I remember when they were breaking the criminals were breaking into one of our stores in grucebe stores and they arrested at Scooty Gun.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, exactly. So that's what's happening here. We know Freud is completely rampant, and Nick Shirley is a hero. By the way, when we have our ten year anniversary, which I want you guys to come to in October, we're giving the what we're calling the Evans and Novak Award out Starning Journalism to Nick Shirley because he did what nobody else at sixty Minutes or CBS or Wall Street Journal Will Washington Post or any of the major news people that he exposed all of this fraud that's going on. And now the people in California, instead of giving a medal, they're saying what you did is illegal.
Speaker 3: That's incredible. By the way, I love that you're doing that award to him too. He is really like one gutsy guy. You also talk about data centers too, and what's going on with West Virginia, because that's a hot topic.
Speaker 12: Steve Well surez, And and you know your governor there in New York is to put a moratorium on more on data centers. At the same time she wants to have five thousand acres paved over in the solar farms. But this is the economic development of future. I know people have very you know a lot of people have very negative attitudes about these, but we need we need data centers just like we need power plants. And so if they're not going to build them in New York, they'll build them somewhere else. But it makes sense. They create a lot of jobs. By the way, have either of you ever been to a data center?
Speaker 3: Not recently?
Speaker 12: They're no, they're pretty very huge.
Speaker 3: They're enormous.
Speaker 2: I heard Elon Musk is building one.
Speaker 12: That's right exactly, so put massive, yes, And so this is the well they're saying that the tech company saying over the next twenty five years and have spent seven trillion dollars on data centers because look, people might not like them, but I wouldn't be talking to you on my cell phone right now. We wouldn't have the Internet, we wouldn't have GPS system, we wouldn't have our National security radar system. None of that works if we don't have data centers. So we need to build them, but we know we should only build them in my opinion, rito where people want in communities where people want them where where they want the jobs, and they want to I've never seen when I was out the one in Manassas, Virginia, I never saw so many construction workers in my life.
Speaker 2: Before we go off, tell us about the markets. And you're going to be on tomorrow from one o'clock to three o'clock the More Money Show, More Money, And I believe that Larry Kuddough is coming back from vacation just to do the Saturday show with you time.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so five hours, John, No other network in America has five hours of live economic politics.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 12: And we're gonna have a great show tomorrow from under one and I'm on from one to three on the More Money Show to make more money.
Speaker 11: I want that.
Speaker 2: I will be listening tomorrow.
Speaker 12: Thank you, Steve More John, can you come on to morow.
Speaker 3: You can need me.
Speaker 2: I'm in the bullpen.
Speaker 12: I watch it. Okay, have a great week.
Speaker 3: I gots thanks to you too, and John. I understand we have calling in Claudia Tenny from the great State.
Speaker 2: Of New York Friday night. Well, thank god it's Friday, and what is today is Congresswoman Claudia Tenny and one of the smartest ladies I know, and really defends her state and really defends a country. Claudia, Tenny, what the heck is going on? What kept you up last night? What do you have sleepless nights about?
Speaker 13: Well, John, I just want to say thank you for the kind words, but you know what keeps up it right right now. I was in New York City yesterday. I had a great event with Steve Scalise and we had a speaker Johnson here talking about you know, where we go in the future, what the midterms are, in our two hundred and fiftieth anniversary, and the Democrats talking about communism, socialism, subverting what our very constitution stands for. And part of the reason is there's three Democrats who will likely win running on this socialist communist mandami agenda, will likely take seats in the House of Representatives, and how they're going to take an oath of office really kind of bothers me that if you're going to take an oath to uphold the principles or constitution and you claim to have a socialist, communist subversive agenda, you can't support individual rights and freedom and a free market system, and you can't support self governance because everything you're claiming to stand for is the opposite of what our government is about, and why our founders came here to get away from a king and to provide for private property, something that they all stand against, and the ability of every American to have the opportunity to actually become seat happiness not guaranteed, but to actually own private property as well, which by the way, is mentioned or referenced indirectly more times in our US Constitution than even the concept of freedom.
Speaker 2: Well, Congresswoman Tenney, you had dinner with Sievescalice, I had lunch with him, and I had breakfast with the Speaker yesterday morning. And the fact is I brought up the fact that all these migrants that came in, whether if they're going to be applying for green cards or if they're going to be applying for a citizenship, eventually they have to pledge allegiance to the flaggerty United States, like we did through Ellis Island, and they have to salute the flagg of the United States, and they got to believe in the Constitution. So some of these socialists don't do that. So what do we do with them?
Speaker 13: Well, by the way, they are supposed to do that, and my grandparents came through Ellis Island as well, a long time ago, the turn of the century, in nineteen ninety early nineteen hundreds, and they were grateful to be able to come from overseas, to be able to come to this country and find a job and work and raise their families. And I think that's what most new immigrants want. I think there's been this just open border, just an flux of immigrants, many of them human trafficked, many of them brought in you know, just you know, not really understanding what they're doing here. And so many of the Democrats saying, you know what, let's just keep everybody here, regardless of how they feel about our constitution. Our system doesn't work if you don't have buy in from the very people who are supposed to be operating it. It's supposed to be we the people self governments. Governance means that each.
Speaker 10: Person has to believe in what we're doing. So how are they going to swear on the Constitution. It'll be interesting to see some of the Democrats are trying to backpedal.
Speaker 13: Really discouraged to see Chuck Schumer continuing to double down on his support of l Sied the Michigan you know, a nominee for a Democrat, nominee for the US Senate. You know, I don't care whether you're a Republican or Democrat. You can't support someone who is so subversive, so against our constitution, so anti Semitic, to come in and represent our nation in the US Senate. There's only one hundred of them, and to have one that it stands out so far and so extreme, there's not really much he can say to disavow what he claims to stand for. But this is getting to the point where these types of people are getting mainstreamed in our communities and it just really concerns me. I know the speaker is really concerned about it. I know, Steve Scalies. We welcome immigrants in our country. Nothing greater than New York City and having the Statue of Liberty here I mean.
Speaker 2: Judia. We want immigrants that don't want to change our way of life in America. We want immigrants that are thankful for being in America.
Speaker 13: Exactly well, they eat lubus unhem from many one. People come from all over the world to believe in our philosophy, which is what our enduring themes of our constitution at two hundred and fifty years. Let's hope that that's what we're going to make sure that we have people.
Speaker 10: Like that that.
Speaker 13: Are going to be in this country that aren't going to commit crimes, that aren't going to take advantage of our system or our taxpayers with fraud, abuse and ways and take that money, go back to their country of origin and put it in the Swiss bank account and build the US taxpayers. That's what we're seeing happening. That's why, you know, enforcement of our laws, rule of law is really important, all those things that we stand for as a nation. And yet you have Democrats in New York City and some parts around the country running and saying they're against the police, they're against prisons. Nobody's ever wrong about anything. And this is you know, beyond just you know, socialism, communism. It's like anarchy and subversion. And that's what really worries men. I think people understand the rule of law has to be honored. That's how you can have a system where everyone has the right and the option and the ability to prosper.
Speaker 2: So all of us listening to us on Friday night is immigration, yes, invasion, No, we want immigrants. We want them, but we want the with pledge allegiance just like our grandfathers did to the flag and to the United States, not to come in here to change our lifestyles.
Speaker 9: Well said.
Speaker 10: I couldn't say it better.
Speaker 2: Claudia Tenny, great congress woman. Thank you so much for coming on this Friday evening. We have so many things to talk about. Let's talk again on Sunday.
Speaker 10: Thanks great talking to you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's one great lady and she yeah, yeah, and I love you fire. She's a tough lady. And you know you need tough women in Congress.
Speaker 3: Well, and you know the good point that she made, you guys. She was talking about it particularly at Cox the DSA group that's coming in potentially we'll see, right, they're trying to come into Congress, and what that means for New York and what it means for the Congress, and how much is at stake with.
Speaker 6: The very narrow majority in the Congress. It is a real problem that a small group or that who do not like America.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'm glad she's sounding the alarm and let's go.
Speaker 2: We had the top news of a day sponsored by Golia Foods and Sunday night. I'm going to be having some more goloia beans.
Speaker 3: I knew it, I knew it, ed what about you?
Speaker 2: Yum?
Speaker 3: All right, all right, that's the seal of approval.
Speaker 1: It's the tough News of the day, sponsored by Goya.
Speaker 3: Here is Rita, and guys, here are the Goya Hot Hot Hot headlines of the day. President Trump's going to headline a campaign rally for South Carolina Senator Darlene Graham tonight at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center. Graham is facing Congressman Ralph Norman in the state's GOP senate primary runoff on August twenty fifth. Of course, she is the sister of the late Lindsay Graham, so we'll see what happens a runoff next week between those two. And also, security plans for the US Open tennis tournament are in place. The NYPD will be using their own drones plus a dedicated twenty four hour police detail mounted units, and also the bomb squad deployments are starting a week earlier than previous years due to obviously a lot of big security issues. And those are the big headlines in John. When we come back, we got one of our favorites, Brigadier General Blain Holt.
Speaker 2: We're going to find out what's going on in Iran in and who's playing games and what the heck is going on? This is today break.
Speaker 1: First your commuting home with Katz and Cosby. Now here's John Katzimdidi's and read it Gosby on seventy seven WABC, and we.
Speaker 3: Are back and joining us now to talk about Iran and everything else. Is one of our favorites, Brigadier General Blaine Holt, of course former C seventeen commander, also deputy there at NATO, and we love having you on. What do you think is going on with Iran? One of the things was so interesting? Did you see this general that there was a statement from one of the leaders in Iran today saying, we hope the war is over soon. But I don't know what that means. How do you read that? We hope so too, but a different way.
Speaker 9: I think he's going to get what he wants. H git Ter, watch what you ask for in this world, because you might just get it and they are what I'm what I'm understanding is is that this new escalation in Secretary of the Treasury Scott to sense actions in really really air tight, sealing up the money, going after those that still think it's okay to do business with Iran, slamming the straits closed. The straits are closed to Iran, not the others. And what we're going to next is I am told from a very close source of mind that most of the conditions are met so that we can tell the Iranian people it's yours for the taking, go get it.
Speaker 3: Wow, So how does that happen if assuming they're still unarmed?
Speaker 9: Right, Well, it's a big assumption. It's not an assumption that I would be making at this time.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so all right, So now now knowing you're all right, so assuming they have something, what do they have?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 9: So you know, we did this in the early days of Operation and during freedom in Afghanistan. We were able to advance the things that the Northern Alliance needed to get started with the removal of the Tall Monera, at least taking them on at that point in time. Forget where we're at right now today. But in the Iranian case, it's largely the same. We've got great friends in the Kurdish people, We've got a lot of clandestine allies and partners that are on the ground in Iran, and they have for some time now been organizing resistance, getting them the things that they need, and I think we're just on the eve of that being a possibility.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 3: So when you say eve, are we from what you're hearing? Yet you've always had some good sources. Are you're talking days weeks? What are you talking?
Speaker 9: Days?
Speaker 10: Two?
Speaker 9: A couple of weeks most likely. I saw some materials today that we're very encouraging in terms of what we call preparation of the battle space and look really good.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, so I mean hopefully it is a matter of days and versus a matter of months.
Speaker 3: Wow, that would be amazing, John, Do you think.
Speaker 2: Well, we got so many problems. We got problems that I wan Hamas, any update on Hamas, any update on h I guess Hasbala or the.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So again I got to go back to one of our field generals, Scott Descent. He's doing a masterful job of making sure that their life support on all free proxies are gone. And then what we really have to work, well, I'm sorry, not we, but President Trump. He's working inside of Israeli politics on the you know, we're not very far away from where Israeli voters are going to go to the polls, and we're trying to get Israel and America aligned on what the Board of Peace wants to see happen in terms of our preference for disarming Hamas. That's the fly in the ointment. You can certainly appreciate the it in Yahoo's position by trying to get re elected and not push back too hard on his electorate while we're demanding a certain strategy and a course of action be followed. So I think we'll I think we'll show that one up. I think we'll do it really well. But but but when I look at Iran, Iran is now the key and and and this is going to also depend on a wild card the Iranian people. When we say green light, goat, they got to go. So so that's the next part we have to have some faith in and hopefully they'll understand this is their only chance.
Speaker 6: General when they the ed cox here, when they say go will there be a split in the leadership, because that's the way these games or these regimes fall, there has to be a split in the leadership.
Speaker 9: Well, I you know, I would say that at this point in time, the regime is probably about a three to four headed hydra that that all of the heads of the beasts hate each other's gut. They they're turning on each other. They can't talk to each other. They're very isolated. You know, we're moving ships through the straits at night now because they're blinded and can't see, and so they're in a very very bad place. And that kind of chaos and disarray is just perfect. That's part of the preparation of the battle space. But another part of that is suppression of enemy air defenses, command and control, all of the types of things that they're going to need. And again it'll come down to the fortitude eventually when we tell the Iranian people, well, all the conditions are met now it's yours, but you have to do it.
Speaker 3: Wow, I mean, that is really interesting. We'll see. I mean, if it's going to be days or weeks, that would be amazing if they had the ability to take back their country with support of the Kurds or great fighters, And that was incredible.
Speaker 2: Listen, I had breakfast me and Ed Cox and Judge Weinberg had breakfast with Speaker Mike Johnson yesterday and then we had me and we had lunch with Scalise, and well, we better win in November because if the if the crazy is going charge or whatever we want to call them, the the Democrats that the socialists get getting charged in our countries can be in trouble.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: One thing I might add is, Uh, if it's very obvious to the American people in the coming weeks that our great grandchildren and our grandchildren will never live under the threat of an Iranian Mulla's nuclear weapon, they gotta believe that's going to play very well into the midterms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great point. And uh, and it's incredible progress too, and especially if they can get wrapped up in the next few weeks, that would be amazing too. Also, Uh, General blain Hole, you always have such great intel. You got to keep us posted because you always such great important stuff and you're on it. So definitely keep us posted. Make sure you message me or John when you get some more info.
Speaker 11: You bet you.
Speaker 9: Happy weekend, everyone.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you so much. And John, I understand we have calling in right now the GOP chair from Florida. Of course, lots of interesting elections there, John, you want to take.
Speaker 2: It, okay? Well, let's go to Florida with us. Today is Evan Power and he's the Florida GOP chairman, and he's gonna give us an update what the heck is going on in Florida at the home of lots of our friends. And we may be uh there soon too. Uh Well, Evan, give us an update. You had the primaries already, give us an update what the heck is going on?
Speaker 14: So we have the primaries this week, and aren't We have our nominees. Byron Donald's is gonna be a tremendous top of the ticket along with Senator Ashley Moody. But you know, we have a Democrat socialist and Angie Nixon who won the Senate primary, so that makes it a little easier. And you know, we have a one point five million voter advantage here in Florida, so we feel confident going into November. But we're gonna work hard and we're gonna make sure that we continue to build that lead because I think you know the reason why many of our friends from from up north have come down is they love the Conservative government and we're continuing to grow it.
Speaker 2: And I mean, there was one hiccup, what was it? Jacksonville where a left wing well a socialist one. What happened there? I understand from the Democrats the person running against only spent a few million dollars and kept eight or nine million dollars in the bank instead of spending it to win, and that's why one of the reasons he lost. And the socialist one, what say you, well.
Speaker 14: You know there's Jacksonville is a unique situation. I think there's a city council race that was a little difficult, but it's a tough environment there. Some people spend money, there's a socialist but when they're facing off against Republicans will take care that. You know, Florida is a place where people moved from Venezuela and Cuba to free these failed policies. So when we have the general elections, we're going to be able to put them in their place.
Speaker 2: Understood, So you feel that common sense will prevail in Florida in what is it seven weeks? Eight weeks?
Speaker 14: Yeah, have seventy something days, But yes, I think common sense will prevail. I think when you look at what the infrastructure we built here at the Florida GOP, we have the best turnout operation in America.
Speaker 2: We turned out eighty.
Speaker 14: Six percent of our Republicans last election. We intend to turn them out again this time.
Speaker 9: And I think we're going to send the message.
Speaker 14: Loud and clear that this DSA socialism mess does not play in Florida and it shouldn't play in the rest of America.
Speaker 2: Anything else you want to tell to all Americans. I mean I used to hear it from all your people down in Florida, and they used to be able to say, come on down.
Speaker 14: No, we'd love to have more conservative minded prids, come on down, bring your businesses, bring bring your families. We are the beacon of freedom for the rest of the country and it's a lot of fun here and we're continuing to build a conservative mecca.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much for coming on this Sunday morning and giving us an update. Evan Power, GOP chairman. And what city do you live by.
Speaker 14: I live in Tallahassee, which is actually one of the few liberal bastions, but it is the capital, so we've got to defend it the best we can.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much, and give all my friends down there in Florida a great hello. And we love Florida, we love Texas and God bless you both of you guys, and thank you so much for calling it. Thank you John freaking News WABC.
Speaker 3: Well, the defense has rested in the Lindsay Clancy case. This is a wild case, really horrific crime. The woman there in Massachusetts accused while she killed her three young kids. And the question is was it postpartum depression? Lots of people are talking about it's a battle of experts and John, I understand we have calling and why don't you take it? Doctor Mark Siegel? Who better than that?
Speaker 2: What is today's Doctor moff Siegel? And a good friend, a great personality. I love to have dinner with him. He always comes up with common sense answers and solutions. Dr moff Siegel.
Speaker 11: This whole week I've been involved with trying to analyze the Lindsey Clancy case from a medical point of view, whatever that means. It's become a great deal. It's an attention seeker. It's gotten a lot of attention in our society. Women in pink are fighting on behalf of mental health in a postpart period. They should be okay, we need to raise awareness for that. A lot of women suffer when they're having babies. There's a change in body image, there's an enormous shift of hormones. There's a lot of depression that's not being picked up on or attended too properly. That is not the same thing. Per John cassamatids, who's going to agree with this somebody that kills their kids? And I think we really need to separate that out. That's number one. Number two is postpartum depression is not the same thing as postpartum psychosis, where you completely lose your mind. It's very very uncommon. Psychosis, very uncommon. And they're trying to determine in the court of law in Massachusetts whether that actually happened or not, whether she had some controlling hallucinations that were telling her what to do. But lost in all of this, and I'm emphasizing this too this week, John, is what about these poor babies, these children who had their lives snuffed out and taken away from them before they had a chance to live and being strangled. I mean, you know, it's very graphic, but that's got to be on people's minds too. And here's the fundamental question. And you're going to love this, John, as a very religious person, as am I the fundamental question that comes up, and this is an age old question, John, is what do you call evil versus what do you call crazy? I mean, psychiatrists love to say, well, you know this is all psychiatric, it's psychosis, is a voice controlling her. But you know, as a religious person, I believe in evil and I think it's evil to do the something like this. And then the next question is was it premeditated? Because that's what the prosecution is saying. You know, we make a mistake in the media all the time, and we don't make it here on this show. But we make a mistake, which is we see a little snippet somewhere, we hear a sound body, we read something, and we come to a conclusion of a person we never met, we never examined, and we don't know do we know why she sent her husband out on an errand you know, why was she talking about harming her kids previously? You know, prosecution's point is this is this isn't a crazy person, This isn't psychosis. This is something planned, And that's what the trial's about. Is this something planned or is it someone losing their mind? And then where do you put evil in the equation that's my view.
Speaker 2: Well, you know it's someday. Are we going to be able to really analyze these kind of things? Someday?
Speaker 11: I think we have a system. I want to know your opinion on this. We have a system where it's like a circus. I don't know. I don't trial. It's why Judge Weinberg is a judge, and I'm not. I'm not I'm not comfortable with the whole idea of a trial. I love that we have a trial based system. But I think we're going to be able to tell guilt a lot more than we than we are right now. If that's what you mean, we probably can monitor people metabolically in the future and figure out what they actually did.
Speaker 2: Understood well, doctor Mark Siegel, thank you for your analysis, and if we keep on talking, we're going to get to our solutions as sooner or later. Thank you so much.
Speaker 11: John. What do you think? What do you think of this horrible case?
Speaker 2: What do you think about you know, having grandchildren and having raised two children and having two grandchildren. Now it is beyond my ability to comprehend how something like that could happen.
Speaker 11: Yeah, someone gives birth to a child there to defend and protect a child against.
Speaker 2: All It's part of the makeup of a mother.
Speaker 11: That's right.
Speaker 2: We've seen it in mothers and we've seen it in animals protecting their offspring. There's got to be a loose screw. It's got to be a loose screw, very quite loose, very loose. Let's keep talking about it. I'll see you very important. Thank you, very.
Speaker 11: Important, John, Thank you. We love our mothers.
Speaker 3: Thank you, absolutely, it is just stunning. Well, let's go to Miranda Divine. I understand we've got an update on Act Blue. Miranda, we love having you on. Thank you for joining us on a Friday, fill us in.
Speaker 9: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 15: As you know, John's been keeping a weather eye on this. We have Act Blue, which is the democrats number one fundraising platform, is under congressional investigations.
Speaker 9: For the last two years.
Speaker 15: It's also apparently the Department of Justice is investigating them for straw donations, foreign money coming in deliberately, lacks procedures to vet that money. And today again one of their senior executives has appeared before the House Committee on House Administration and pleaded the fifth This will be I think about the two hundredth time that one of their executives has pleaded the fifth They just do not want to be held accountable. And even though their entire legal team quit last year because the chief executive they had been advised by external lawyers and misled Congress in her testimony or in a lesson that she sent to Congress, the entire legal team quit. Still raking in the money, you know, having something like fifty Anyway, they collected twenty billion dollars so far. It's still collecting for the mid term.
Speaker 2: Miranda, I was on the President called me this morning. I was on with him, and I specifically said to him, we got to get whether it's the CIA or the FBI or whoever the responsible people are, because those people in whether it's the East Coast or the Chinese guy in the in China, which is Nevil Roy, it's not necessarily his money, it's being the foreign governments are funneling money through them.
Speaker 15: So they are, and you know, they love the Democratic Socialists.
Speaker 2: And when I was talking to the President this morning, and he it was like nobody's told them that, really, yes, but he acknowledged what I said, and I said, you got to get these whether it's the CIA, the FBI. You've got to get these guys after Yeah, I remember all the stuff they're talking about after half hour.
Speaker 3: Coll You know, Wow, that's impressive, Miranda. But it's interesting too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I mean, how good that John, that you've brought that to the President's.
Speaker 2: The money is being funneled through quasi American citizens.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's not their money.
Speaker 2: It's not the sing sing didn't wake up one morning. He says, I want to dedicate my personal money to the course.
Speaker 3: Which opens the window to foreign interference. Wow, that is a you know, for.
Speaker 15: Example, for example, Abdulla l Sayed, who's just won the Democratic nomination in Michigan for the Senate, he gets a lot of that to Blue money, as do Bernie Sanders and AOC. So this money is specifically going to these left wing candidates and to left wing causes. And you know al said is all about anti Israel. Well, what a wonderful opportunity for the anti Israel countries in the Middle East to funnel money through as Blue to him, to their personal candidate.
Speaker 3: Well, we definitely need to get to the bottom of that.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 2: Make sure that other people that you know, because you know, just as many people as I do that. You make sure you pass on the.
Speaker 9: Information absolutely, yeah, right about it soon.
Speaker 3: Thank you Miranda very much. Wow, and you guys, let's take a breakway have Joe konjac coming up.
Speaker 1: It's our common sense recap of the big stories. It's Cats and Cosby on seventy seven w WABC, and we are back.
Speaker 3: Here on Cats Cosby and joining us now as we do every Friday. Joe, Kanja and Joe. You and I were talking earlier about this whole thing with John Asoff and Natalie Harp. What a disgusting comment from the senator there in Georgia, who's looks like he's trying to eye the presidency. I think he just alienated what's the female population of America fifty one percent? I think he just alienated fifty one percent of the population.
Speaker 16: Going after an innocent woman with zero evidence whatsoever. The implication was clear when Osoff said that Trump doesn't want to work, he just wants to spend more time with Natalie. For starters, no one works harder than Trump. You could like him or dislike him. I mean, the guy is NonStop, and Natalie Harp is his executive assistant, so she has to therefore work as hard as he does in terms of maintaining everything that an executive assistant does for an executive and for asof to say this in the left love this legacy. Media loved this when he decided to throw out this smear, and that's exactly what it was. So so much for the Party of Women, I guess because you saw everybody CNN thinks that they found their next Malaysian missing plane story. They've gone wall to wall with this as if it's some sort of controversy. Yes, this is not Bill and Monica. There is no blue dress and there is no DNA on a dress. It's just innuendo. And it's the gutter politics that we all hate.
Speaker 3: You know what is shocking. As soon as I heard that. First of all, for the record, it was when the whole plane switch happened in Turkey, and he didn't just take Natalie, who I know, Natalie's a great gal. He also took there were like two or three other senior staffers. And guess what if you're going on a plane near the president, you need your right hand nag staff. Yeah, I mean, as a woman, when I heard that, I thought, how dare you just because She's an attractive woman that you would criticize and like make some innuendo that guy should never be ever able to run for the presidency ever.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 16: And by the way, when he said this joke, Trump roast people, he does it in a more benign way. It's not like this. And oh, by the way, he was reading a teleprompter, so this was written for him. This is like Kamala all over again, except I think also maybe more feminine, if that's possible.
Speaker 6: Also, this is ed Cox here the president to communicate with people on an ongoing basis, and she gives him that capability when he wants to communicate. When he wants to communicate with me, he sends it through Natalie. Yes, when you want to get something to him through Natalie absolutely person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 16: And when I wrote the book on Trump's campaign in twenty twenty four, she was the person that I had to coordinate everything when I went to the rally in Wildwood and when I went on the Trump plane, and when I was backstage at the Republican National Convention, and when I was at Madison Square Garden. You're right, everything goes through her. And I would joke with her from time to time when I'm like, it's four am on a Sunday, what are you doing? She rarely sleeps, she's never taken a day off. And she's loyal because she was diagnosed the rare bone cancer ten years ago and because of the right to Try law that Trump signed in twenty eighteen, she got experimental drugs after failing with chemo that made her better. So she owed Trump, you know, her life, and she was working for Trump at that point, and maybe that's where the loyalty comes from. Instead, you got the Maggie Abrams in the world and on CNN talking about how she's a human binkie.
Speaker 2: I mean, how dare you? How dare you? Seriously?
Speaker 3: I found it as a woman. I found it so offensive because she's an attractive, hardworking gal and it's disgusting to say about her. It's disgusting to say about him. And I hope that that gets played over and over again. If Osov has any other sort of further political ambitions, Joe, I know you have some other big stuff you want to talk about.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, so Karen Bass she's running obviously for reelection in Los Angeles, and I don't know if you guys have heard this, but she is saying, Okay, for every dollar that you donate to my campaign, you will get a six to one return on it.
Speaker 2: And I heard this. How is that not bribery? So literally, she says, if you.
Speaker 16: Donate fifty dollars to my campaign, you get back three hundred. It's I don't know if there's any lawyers there, but can someone explain to me how that's legal? Because I'm about to donate to the Karen Bass campaign, probably about one hundred thousand dollars so I could get my kids college paid for at least one of them anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of them, one of them. What do you think is that illegal? Does that sound like a like a con job?
Speaker 2: Or one?
Speaker 3: Yes? It Act blue money.
Speaker 2: Taxpayers Act Blue.
Speaker 16: Who knows, But I've never heard of anything like this before, but I think it deserves more investigators's.
Speaker 5: Getting stupid and winning hours of her mayalty.
Speaker 16: Well probably has another wedding to go to an Africa because wild fire season's coming soon. So that's basically the way it works in LA. But oh man, guys, I'm exhausted.
Speaker 2: What a week.
Speaker 16: I feel like we just did this five minutes ago. The whole Friday thing. But here we are. We got a great weekend coming ahead, and I guess the music's gonna start to slow.
Speaker 3: Here we go, Here we go. It's building, it's crescendoing, Here.
Speaker 2: We go, it's TGIF.
Speaker 3: So what do we all stand for?
Speaker 7: True justice?
Speaker 2: And Manny lay