Speaker 1: Welcome back to the tailist of EV podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, welcome back to the tailist of tech podcast.
Speaker 1: Everybody, we definitely didn't do EV first.
Speaker 2: I'm your host today because Mike didn't know we were recording, and he's the odd man out.
Speaker 1: Because Drew and I both said we wanted to look like Doctor Pepper with our shirts. So that's what we did.
Speaker 3: This man went and got a Doctor Pepper just for that terrible joke.
Speaker 4: Just to leader, do you keep him in stock?
Speaker 2: I do for I don't, but I will within the next two weeks for no particular reason, just in case.
Speaker 1: I don't know, So Drew, I have to ask from the offset. I don't even care how you're doing. I don't. I don't care Drew neither. I don't care how you're doing either. Mike, Drew, are you ready to apologize now?
Speaker 4: For what? What did I do?
Speaker 1: First of all, such a thank you for the shout.
Speaker 2: I couldn't understand why I was getting such a quick influx of things.
Speaker 4: I didn't even check. Did something happen?
Speaker 2: Well, I saw a certain concession. If you will, I saw certain you'll.
Speaker 5: Have to be more specific. I can see it on a lot.
Speaker 2: I I'll be this podcast is being recorded on the thing that people like the most, the Pixel tablet.
Speaker 1: Only half of what you said was accurate, Mike the Pixel. Now go ahead.
Speaker 2: We don't know that our audience deserves to hear it here and now tell them in deep form what happened and why.
Speaker 5: I still don't know if you're talking about me being wrong about the.
Speaker 1: iPad or yes, that's that's the only thing.
Speaker 5: That we're about, Team Pixel. Okay, Oh, we will.
Speaker 1: Talk about Pixel afterwards.
Speaker 2: I do have I'm just gonna show the follow ups for everything you did this week, but starting with.
Speaker 5: I'm on trial today, I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're where are you?
Speaker 1: Where were you on February thirtieth.
Speaker 5: Here's say, well, basically, it's just okay, my opinion on the iPad. Uh No, that wouldn't be accurate either. Okay, how do I phrase this?
Speaker 3: You're wrong?
Speaker 5: The iPad still does not make sense for my use case.
Speaker 2: So it.
Speaker 4: Because it doesn't work for me.
Speaker 5: I incorrectly criticized it and acted like this doesn't work for anybody. And I was going off of dated data that Apple provided us from twenty twenty and twenty twenty one. Back in the events where they used to say that the budget iPad was the most popular. So I pushed a narrative that I believed that I should have researched more thoroughly that the budget iPad was the majority of iPad sales without doing my research discovering that actually, in the last couple of years, the iPad pro has been out selling even the budget iPad. So I guess what I learned is people don't care about the same things I care about.
Speaker 4: And I'm out of touch.
Speaker 2: He's out of touch, he's out of touch, out of time.
Speaker 1: No, the second time he says that, it's he's out of touch store, You're out of touch, he's out of time.
Speaker 5: It doesn't make me want an iPad anymore.
Speaker 2: But it's okay, Drew, I accept your apology.
Speaker 1: Put the camera back on us real quick.
Speaker 4: Mike, I don't think you're keeping the iPad anyway.
Speaker 3: Don't you have control of the cameras?
Speaker 2: Put the thing okay, that works too in regards in regards to the iPad thing you just said. I want to show literally, maybe forty five seconds before you sent the link to start our podcast today, somebody showed up at my door and it was.
Speaker 3: Ups why'd you show off your address?
Speaker 1: No, the address isn't there. That's where it's been to and it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: By the time this is live, the proxy return but ups showed up to get the to pick up the iPad.
Speaker 4: They do drop off there, that's nice.
Speaker 1: No, they picked up the iPad.
Speaker 4: Somebody had to come to pick it up, so that's what I meant.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that's the first for me. I'm used to dropping off at a store. You p a store, but somebody came to me. I guess apparently two blocks aways too far or something. I don't know, but I I asked if I could go to the store, but it wasn't even an option when I was returning the iPad. I'm going to Since Drew is being honest about his stuff, I'm going to be honest about my stuff here as much as he's conceding about the iPad.
Speaker 1: I returned the iPad that.
Speaker 2: Made me learn so much, and I'm going to be selling my twenty eighteen iPad.
Speaker 5: Are you sure.
Speaker 1: This is not the first time you're hearing it? Is it? Or did you know?
Speaker 4: I'm just saying nowadays, what could you for it?
Speaker 1: I could get something I'm not too. It's one of the I'm taking a Drew approach.
Speaker 2: It's it's I have a certain number, and I'm not in a hurry to sell it, so I'm not gonna rush, and when the right person wants it, they'll come what's the number?
Speaker 1: Are you in the market?
Speaker 5: No, I'm just I want to know if it's so outrageously high that I'm like, oh, he's not selling it.
Speaker 2: No, it's a fair price. It's a fair I don't know if I want to say the price, because I don't want to. I've learned my lesson about putting Well. Granted, this isn't going on Twitter, so I'm not going to get the bot thing, but I get if they want.
Speaker 4: To know that YouTube has bots.
Speaker 2: Just to be clear, yeah, well it's not that you'll know where to find me. If you're interested in the price, I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you offline. I'll tell you offline. I'm not going to say it here.
Speaker 3: From the audience.
Speaker 5: You were like, in full transparency, I'm not gonna tell you.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm not. I'm not telling you what. I'm not going to say it right here right now. That's not the point.
Speaker 2: The point is I'm selling it. I'm getting I'm downsizing my ecosystem. I'm going to become a little bit more drew and run off of my uh struggling comfy.
Speaker 1: That is so comfortable. That's where you're going to be sleeping good.
Speaker 3: I don't sleep here no anyway. But why are you holding an iPad while laying down on a couch like that?
Speaker 1: That's that's how I held the tablet. I actually held it.
Speaker 4: He's holding his iPhone there.
Speaker 5: That's the phone.
Speaker 3: Actually does it weigh less than the iPad? It's at least more grabbable as a phone.
Speaker 1: I will say this twenty eighteen iPad.
Speaker 2: Is it weighs less than than that one? But because it's so wide, it's so balanced, it's not this heavy hunk.
Speaker 1: Of I don't know what.
Speaker 2: It's not like coding a MacBook, any MacBook, even the book Air was more fatiguing in that position where I would have it resting on my thighs, where the iPad was just right there, and I'm just doodling, you know, doing my thing in that particular scenario, I'm playing Clash of Clans.
Speaker 3: But this is me holding my quote unquote iPad.
Speaker 2: But this is what I for a long time, and you still got your sapphire blue nails.
Speaker 1: I'm convinced he's keeping them. I haven't. They're chipping up. I'm hearing, Mike, You're too far away with them, don't care.
Speaker 2: So I am going to be downsizing and for the rest of the year, I'm just going to be a Mac only kind of operations here until I save up enough money where I'm going to get the eleven inch iPad M four.
Speaker 5: What Okay, Now I'm even more confused.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I realize that. Go ahead, ask your questions.
Speaker 5: What what does the M four iPad pro do that you're current iPad pro can't?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no. I didn't think about that one. You know what? Add that one to the pros. I didn't even know.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great, Thank you, Drew. I told you.
Speaker 1: It's okay. This is mine. Oh he's back.
Speaker 3: That look so he came back like this, because your listeners definitely know what looks like.
Speaker 1: Face.
Speaker 2: He was like, anyways, so I'm getting an M four iPad. I just what I actually what I'm looking for is an eleven inch.
Speaker 1: I want the smaller form factor.
Speaker 2: My time with both of the tablets has taught me that I want this. I want a smaller form factor that that can still give.
Speaker 1: Me decent screen real estate.
Speaker 2: Now it might change depending on what happens with the iPad Mini this year rumored refresh and I.
Speaker 1: Do. But that is the house's iPad.
Speaker 2: Many, that's my son's Frank Sinatra machine.
Speaker 1: That's what that is. That's not mine.
Speaker 3: That's why are you getting an M four iPad? You have a Mac. You already did the test.
Speaker 1: You did this last time when I got diabat why are you getting?
Speaker 3: And in your own video you said I missed the Mac so much.
Speaker 2: Yes, so then if you saw that part, then you saw my answer to why I want the eleven inch.
Speaker 3: I have no clue what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Okay, well then I'm just gonna say it.
Speaker 2: I want I found in this whole excursion how much I enjoy using an iPad, and even more so.
Speaker 1: I have been using an iPad more than I use a Mac. I only do the Mac for this and music.
Speaker 2: This is it, guys, that's it. Now, should be a Mac Minnie or a Mac Studio. I'm done with the moves.
Speaker 1: I needed.
Speaker 2: I needed a portable Mac back when I was going from San Diego, Virginia, Virginia to Colorado.
Speaker 1: All that made sense. I'm done for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 6: I'm not.
Speaker 1: You can't pay me enough to have to do this again. So my before this audience would know if we have you know, old school listeners here, they know this. I had an iMac since twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: I like the desktop equivalent for for Mac or like the more stationary setup. That that's my thing, and that's how I pro. No, well, if it's refresh, we'll talk. If it's refreshed, it's refresh meme, it has an m chip mic. If it has an m chip, Okay, I'm gonna keep going. That doesn't exist, then I know what an iMac Pro is what I'm trying to say. But if they put an m chip, if they refresh the iMac Pro with an m chip, maybe, but if not, I should be having going forward after this one.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure a Mac Mini or a Mac Studio. I don't really know yet. I like the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, okay, hang on, I'm not in the market of getting rid of my MacBook Pro.
Speaker 1: Everything's fine with it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna write this one out until it's done, and if it's anything like how I treat it, My last.
Speaker 3: Is that when it doesn't get software updates anymore.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's always closed. Why can I answer the question? You shut up for a minute. You had your time on EV Now I get to talk. Wow.
Speaker 2: I will most likely proceed to upgrade the MacBook Pro when I am more.
Speaker 1: Or less capped out of storage. That's when it's time to How much.
Speaker 5: Storage do you have on your MacBook Pro? I forget four terabytes?
Speaker 3: Where are you at right now?
Speaker 1: Oh? I'm maybe maybe a terrorbyte? Maybe?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: How long have you own the twenty one?
Speaker 1: Since twenty one? I'm not what. I'm not in a hurry. It's been three years. I'm not in a hurry. Don't don't try to do math like, oh you got.
Speaker 3: You got another decade? You have almost another decade.
Speaker 2: No, that's not how it works, Mike. As as tech evolves, file sizes.
Speaker 5: Get bigger, thirty frames a second or stored.
Speaker 3: I don't get the whole Oh I filled up my storage. It's done. I can't put anything.
Speaker 1: You can delete things.
Speaker 2: You can listen, Mike, Welcome guys, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Viewers and listeners.
Speaker 2: Mike woke up today and shows violence for both podcasts, and.
Speaker 7: I don't know why I'm trying to say on this point right here, but you're not.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, we're not using our ears. We're not using our ears.
Speaker 3: Someone's not using their brain.
Speaker 2: In regards listening. I'm not trying to upgrade my Mac. My Mac is fine, but when the time comes, I will most likely get a stationary.
Speaker 1: Mac whenever that may be.
Speaker 2: What I am trying to upgrade eventually responsibly will.
Speaker 1: Be my iPad. Because what I've learned throughout this whole.
Speaker 2: Thing is my twenty eighteen iPad is just two dang slow.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know that was possible with promotion, but I've touched that thing and it was so laggy. I'm like, oh, I was blinded by how old my iPad is.
Speaker 3: I want to do that again.
Speaker 1: Because I want a newer iPad. I still use my iPad the.
Speaker 3: Most, but you got rid of both of them.
Speaker 2: No, I have my iPad right now. My twenty eighteen iPad I have, but I'm going to get rid of it so I can downsize to a more portable device.
Speaker 5: Said, go ahead yourself, you said yourself that the m one iPad pro that's what you had that you just returned, right, m one iPad pro felt noticeably snappier and more respons because it's newer. Yes, so why get the M four Why not get a refurbished eleven inch.
Speaker 2: I'm so the thing is the part that nobody's letting me get to the end of is I don't plan on buying another iPad until sometime next year. So depending because I'm gonna save up, I'm going to pay like unlike anything else where I'll throw on a credit card and then pay it off afterwards at the.
Speaker 1: End of the statement.
Speaker 2: And then and that's going to be thousands where the case maybe I'm going to save up where it's just going to be another saving bucket of cash, like I have vacation funds, play funds, and now I have a dedicated iPad funds And every month I'm throwing like maybe fifty bucks or twenty bucks into that thing.
Speaker 1: And when it fills up by the time I have at least I don't know.
Speaker 2: Six hundred dollars or so, I will look, I will assess the landscape and I will be like, okay, was the iPad Mini refreshed, maybe because I'm I think I'm waiting.
Speaker 1: For the iPad Mini to see what's gonna happen with.
Speaker 4: That first, And Okay, I'll let you finish.
Speaker 2: When the time is done. I would have already saved up enough money that you're the case that Mike is.
Speaker 1: Gonna say, that's still spending money. That's my play money.
Speaker 2: I've already put the bills, the savings, the investments, the debt, the oh that's gonna be taken care of.
Speaker 1: I'm still gonna have some money in my pocket for fun and.
Speaker 3: For something else.
Speaker 7: So much like what an iPhone, because God knows you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna buy one anyways. Yeah, you don't want to get an iPhone. You don't want me to get an iPhone. You don't want me to get an iPad. But you want me to buy a polestar. Get that out of my place.
Speaker 3: I never told you to buy a polestar.
Speaker 2: No, I can't buy an id buzz, I can't buy a cyber truck.
Speaker 1: I can't buy an iPhone. I can't buy an iPad.
Speaker 3: If you save up enough with this whole theoretical, I put it into the plane.
Speaker 2: I'll do whatever I very.
Speaker 3: The controller of your own money. You can buy whatever you want. I just don't understand why you want to buy another iPad when you've already been through two of them, maybe more, and you found that the other one aged and is not so responsive anymore, and the one that you had for a good amount of time to review you didn't think was worth keeping.
Speaker 2: It's because it's too big. I don't like how big it is. I'm having the same aggravations I had with the thirteen pro macs that long period of use. I want something as small and comfortable as possible.
Speaker 8: And maybe, just maybe there's gonna be something really cool about another iPad Mini this October, because then it would have been three years since they refreshed that thing, and I'm secretly holding out for that thing.
Speaker 3: Why not just use the Mini that you have right now.
Speaker 1: Because it's the house is mini.
Speaker 2: The stuff that I want to do on the iPad is going to be not allocated for baby stuff, bluey stuff, or FaceTime stuff.
Speaker 1: This is an iPad. It's gonna be strictly pencil.
Speaker 2: Procreate or it's called I don't yeah, it's called prokateing on the iPad, pocket on iPhone. It's gonna be my creative device and my consumption device, and hopefully willingly it's an iPad that has a later chip, so I can not worry about this lagging behind with like limited software features that we're getting. I don't want to be software locked anymore. I don't want to have an old thing that has not a good battery.
Speaker 1: The m one iPad that I was using had a high love.
Speaker 2: I forgot to record that part that had a high Which one the one that's lagging, the one that's slow?
Speaker 3: Sage won't care?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna launch? Are you talking about my thirteen inch yeah? Uh oh no, no, no, because he's not even two yet. He's not gonna get an iPhone. He's still a hand lead iPad. Many that's no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: You don't understand when I say he has the iPad, it's on a shelf, playing music for him while he's sleeping.
Speaker 1: It's a sound machine.
Speaker 3: So why doesn't Why don't you just do that with the one that you have right now?
Speaker 1: Because I'm selling it. Because I'm selling it, I don't need two iPads. I'm gonna get rid of this one.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have two iPads regardless, So I rather have one that's now more up to date.
Speaker 1: Mine, my iPad.
Speaker 3: Is more up to date.
Speaker 1: It was never mind, that was Britney's. That was her iPads.
Speaker 2: No, No, there's only one Apple. I d signed into that thing, and it's hers. It's not mine.
Speaker 1: I don't get messages. She doesn't because she yes, because she uses it more. She it's it's the house's iPad. It's the it's the way that we all iPad.
Speaker 3: No, she doesn't care, so she doesn't care. So that means she'd be fine with a bigger iPad.
Speaker 2: No, she doesn't care about spending more money. It's ready paid for.
Speaker 1: It's done.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's my point.
Speaker 1: No, you're just fighting, just a fight. No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to save you money here, I don't.
Speaker 2: The whole point of saving money is having a little bit of playfun. I don't tell you where you can go and use your supercharge and stuff, whether it was free or not.
Speaker 1: Go live your life. I have a play bucket.
Speaker 2: Then I'm slowly dripping some cash into it for an inevitable upgrade, and I can fill up that bucket quicker when I sell the iPad with the magic keyboard.
Speaker 1: I'm probably gonna keep the pencil, though I don't know yet.
Speaker 2: Maybe not if I end up No, I keep the pencil because the pencil can go to the iPad Mini. Still, so I'll at least get rid of the iPad and the magic keyboard, and that she.
Speaker 1: Get me at least a couple hundred.
Speaker 2: That gonna give me a couple hundred that that's allocated being saved up and bills are paid. Savings is already being built, and investments are being built. I have two different funds for saving. One's investing, one's saving.
Speaker 1: I'm comfortable, Mike, don't worry about my money. I'm fine.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, I want to have a better experience than the moment I boxed up that I'm one iPad and I grabbed.
Speaker 1: The twenty eighteen iPad.
Speaker 2: I was like a twelve X chip freaking blows. It sucks even with promotion. It feels like it's a sixty h refresh rate. This thing is like not fun anymore.
Speaker 1: So I don't like it. The screen is dim, that battery.
Speaker 2: Doesn't last long at all, and I don't want to just play a couple of hundred or pay fifty bucks to replace the battery.
Speaker 1: Shut up, Mike, I don't watch you. And now I want to get a cooler, more.
Speaker 2: Hooked to day iPad that's bright, has four speakers, bleeds my ears out, and I to get to play high intensity games like Clash of Clans, which is a joke.
Speaker 1: It's not in the tense game at all.
Speaker 3: I'm not telling you how to spend your money, Randy. I'm just suggesting there's an alternative that you can exercise that gets you what you want today.
Speaker 1: I don't want anything today.
Speaker 2: What I want is to sell the iPad today. I will save up up for the whole year. The rest of the year, I'm not gonna have an iPad.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna save.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be very diligent about how I am in.
Speaker 3: You're getting a new phone, but okay.
Speaker 1: Maybe I would like to, but I will see it's all. See. I don't make promises on stuff I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just know what's frustrating me right now. My iPad is slow, my phone is software locked.
Speaker 1: Both those things piss me off.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get software locked every single year.
Speaker 2: No, this is the first time a ten month old device gets software locked. It's not something that happens every time I was rocking a thirteen Mini since twenty twenty two. I'm fine with holding onto something without it having the greatest camera sensor or what cinematic mode, even though I was on the thirteen or pro res.
Speaker 1: I don't care about that stuff.
Speaker 2: But just so obnoxiously lock you out of how you can interact with the system for something, for a company that does that, because I'm too I'm in too deep. I'm not going to Pixel, I'm not going to Samsung. I'm the last true standing Apple sheep. I'm such an Apple sheet. My SIM card has never touched an Android or mysimb or whatever. I have always had my blue Bubble Baby. I got my V card.
Speaker 3: You know you could get another phone and not put your SIM card in it.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't, because that's just ridiculous. That's insanity.
Speaker 3: That's what I've done. I'm pretty sure every single phone that I've owned.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what you're saying.
Speaker 2: You're just trying to be honestly, Mike, You're just trying to be a contrariant to stir the pop more and it's working.
Speaker 1: No I can say I like how blue it is.
Speaker 2: It's actually a little bit green today, and you're just gonna find a way drill at that too.
Speaker 3: If that's what your I see, then that's what your I see when everything is red hard to see the red flags.
Speaker 2: But uh, I appreciate your concern, but I'm not getting a light phone.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting an Android. I'm sticking with the iPhone. I already know that because it's not about me, it's about the family. The ecosystem is.
Speaker 2: Just it's just a vibe, which is why Drew's not gonna get an Android, because his chain of command's not going to prove that. You're not gonna do it. Not gonna happen, never gonna happen. You'll review it, but you'll never have it for up to twelve months. Not I'm calling it right now. So changing the subject, what happened with.
Speaker 1: Team Pixel Drew?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, he says, I chose violence.
Speaker 5: It's a whirlwind of policy changes. I was actually just reading. Apparently they removed the part of the Team Pixel agreement that I had a problem with.
Speaker 2: Oh, they Disney plused you about like wait, wait, wait, arbitration, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you guys heard about.
Speaker 5: That, Yeah, that was the brand love section. Quite a creepy headline. But yeah, as soon as they decided to make pixels a pixel, Team Pixel a sponsorship program rather than a review program, I was like, eh, but yeah, their latest their latest wording confuses me even more. Now they're saying the goal of Team Pixels to get Pixel devices into the hands of content creators, not press and tech reviewers.
Speaker 1: How weird, So me.
Speaker 3: Give me phone please? Hey, Hey, here's something topical. Here's all my phones that I've owned. Notice how I've only had a pixel for three years. I feel like there's a little bit more time that I could offer Team Pixel, even though I've spent a lot of time. And as you can tell, Samsung, and.
Speaker 1: You're ready to contaminate at Mike.
Speaker 3: We're talking contaminate.
Speaker 1: Wow, Oiled Goods?
Speaker 3: Is that Texist? Are you mean Texest? Right now?
Speaker 2: If anybody should have some type of open partnership, it's this guy right here. I'm a rider Die, I'm a I'm a hoil Low. If you catch my drift, I.
Speaker 3: Will remind me what he say about five to seven minutes ago about uh.
Speaker 1: I don't I.
Speaker 3: Phone?
Speaker 2: I don't want to pick. So I'm talking about getting on some Apple payroll. Baby, I'll show that stuff out.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I know that, I know that's not how they operate, but I'm gonna sell out and I and I would support anyway.
Speaker 1: It's what I use.
Speaker 2: I put my money where my mouth is, and I want to put my money where my money is.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, it's it's like I said before, Switching ecosystems can be a pain in the butt. And it's why unless you're a tech reviewer or a content creator, I guess those are a different thing.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait ready, influentouscer.
Speaker 5: It doesn't make a lot of sense to switch ecosystems unless there's some very very noticeable advantage.
Speaker 4: But I still want to give it a fair shot.
Speaker 5: I don't want to do it when it's brand new, because I mean, I should follow my own advice and acknowledge that pixels depreciate like crazy, so you can get one for a lot, lot cheaper if you just wait a little bit longer.
Speaker 4: And there was no chance.
Speaker 5: That I was going to be able to capitalize on the early launch day pixel hype anyway, because everybody got their early review unit. So what's the point in me trying to, you know, hop on that bandwagon when clearly I'm not gonna win. So I would rather have a longer form, longer term review process so that I can figure out what exactly am I missing, because I keep seeing some incredible reviews and incredible things people are saying about the pixel, and I'm far more curious about it than I've ever been before.
Speaker 2: Drew, can I talk to you as a friend, nor.
Speaker 3: Let's talk as an enemy?
Speaker 4: Go ahead, then you're my enemy?
Speaker 1: Okay, wait until after I funk ke up?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, for sure, definitely.
Speaker 1: That's that's all I'm asking.
Speaker 2: Do what you gotta do for for injecting some some interesting topics into your channel.
Speaker 1: I respect the hustle I and I like the idea.
Speaker 2: If you're not going to take my approach of doing one of each simultaneously, do what you gotta do. After iPhone season, let let let the season of twenty twenty four drops finish out. And because we're not gonna do you're not gonna do Samsung, so we're not worry about January February.
Speaker 1: That doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: So just wait until iPhone comes out and just see if since I said in the last podcast, I'll say it here, just just see if there's a reality and sourcing fill that still happens on the iPhone side, because you're right now you're like, I.
Speaker 1: Use Google services. I use Google, but.
Speaker 2: There's so much more to it, and just we got the coolest latest and as of today, the greatest smartphone right now, But what's what's less than thirty days? Let's just see and then maybe if you're like, no, you know what, I actually want to try out?
Speaker 5: What this?
Speaker 1: You know, one more thing hit and feature something for iPhone sixteen Pro or whatever the case may be. Maybe if that catches your ride more.
Speaker 2: I just don't want you to be keep on switching your phone's like this in a quick period if it's gonna give you a type of like smartphone whiplash, and you're like, if you're gonna do it for the long run, make sure you're you're committed.
Speaker 1: To it after you see the iPhone. If you're like, I'm still gonna.
Speaker 9: Do pixel, cool, do pixel, but don't have the fomo with iPhone because you're gonna see me my phone go like this, I'm gonna I'm gonna lick it I'm gonna have.
Speaker 1: So much phone with that thing, and I just don't want to give you Pomo.
Speaker 5: No, that was never that. You know, iPhone season is like the Christmas of it is Channel. There's no way we were skipping Christmas. We're not going all yeah, so with the cranks over here. So first of all, there was never any hope of picking up the Pixels or reviewing the Pixels on launch day because I was actually looking as the website went live on what the ship dates were, and I was not going to be available, like oh I can't I can't get it dead. And we've got trips coming up, We've got things going on. So it's like, no, I was going to have to wait regardless. Whereas the iPhone season, of course, I'll be free. iPhone seasons a lot easier to predict. It's always the second week of September. It's very predictable, and you go to the Apple store, you see the employees dress up and everything. You know, it's a holiday for the tech community. So even if I switched to Pixel permanently, that's fun to say. I will not stop covering iPhones. I will still go to the iPhone launches. I'll still review the iPhones. It could be a whole tennis match switching back and forth. I could switch to the pixel and then the iPhone could come out and be way better, and then.
Speaker 4: I could Oh, I want to go back to iOS.
Speaker 5: Now. Who knows is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You're cheating on my ecosystem. I feel like there's a law in there.
Speaker 4: What ecosystem?
Speaker 1: Your ecosystem?
Speaker 4: Three Apple products here?
Speaker 1: And how many Google products do you have? Not services products?
Speaker 2: Don't use the speaker, don't I don't use the speaker because you're not including your minis, your HomePods, so you're not including that.
Speaker 1: Don't use this.
Speaker 5: I have one home pod and three Google speaker.
Speaker 1: Well you didn't include in your count up.
Speaker 5: So uh, I have a Pixel stand on my desk.
Speaker 1: I'll give it to you.
Speaker 2: Fine, it's an accessory. It was one of the three divide. No you got more than three, because are you counting your AirPods? I was AirPods, iMac Pro, MacBook phone.
Speaker 5: I don't have the iMac Pro here.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not it's not mm hmm.
Speaker 3: There's not for room on that desk.
Speaker 4: No, this desk is maxed out right now.
Speaker 1: But you're beta testing.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm, not recently. No, I haven't turned on the iMac prone over a month. I don't really consider that. Like, what do you call it?
Speaker 1: Point is you don't have Google products, so.
Speaker 5: You're cheating on change it can at.
Speaker 2: The cost, at the cost of committing adultery on on iCloud, Apple account, whatever they call it.
Speaker 3: I'm not liking the techest stattitude. Randy.
Speaker 5: Well, you know how I feel about iCloud.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I know we're not talking about iclond. I meant the iCloud account what they used to call iCloud account.
Speaker 5: I have no loyalty there, and I would still have a Mac even if I switched to Pixel.
Speaker 1: So, which is why you're never leaving Apple. So just don't do it. Just don't even have to it. Stay right here. Sorry.
Speaker 5: If you're gonna have to do it, if you're gonna go, worry, I'll be fine.
Speaker 4: You'll get You'll get your blue bubble one way or the other.
Speaker 1: It's not just a blue bubble, even though it is.
Speaker 2: It's not just that, even though it is, it's that I don't know you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Be We don't even text that much, Randy, do we it's mostly.
Speaker 1: Are gonna be that's the best part.
Speaker 4: But those aren't blue or green.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gonna be high quality. Anyways, with r cs, well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just feels icky.
Speaker 3: I think that's something you have to get over, Randy, that's a you problem.
Speaker 1: Oh not all black, says the guy who's telling me, Ready, you don't spend money. Ready, Yeah, that's a problem. That's a you problem getting I'm comfortable in my decision. I'm doing just fine over here. You ready don't do it?
Speaker 5: And I quote quote the camera is the primary focus for you because of how it helps capture your moments with your son, with your family. And you love the mini iPhone. But as much as you loved it at launch, over time the RAM became an issue. You kept missing out on precious moments, precious memories because of how little RAM was in the thirteen minute.
Speaker 1: Are you watching my video right now? That's right now?
Speaker 5: I watched it earlier.
Speaker 1: Okay, but this is really fresh info. I feel like I just.
Speaker 5: Edited notification squad and yet hashtag guess what phone has more RAM than the iPhone? Until September, you think the iPhones are gonna have sixteen gigs at ramy.
Speaker 2: If not sixteen, I know it's gonna be more optimized. That is the most efficient phone year after year. iPhone is the most efficient phone at launch. If we do all the launches, iPhone has the most efficiency.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: That's why they don't go stupid on the battery or the RAM. It doesn't need it.
Speaker 4: Well, I have something, so you start running out.
Speaker 2: They have time on their side, and their in house chip is so much more advanced than Google's or Qua Coms or whoever.
Speaker 1: And at the end of the day, I'm just so heartbroken. You're not an Apple Step anymore. I'm just He doesn't even but like he says it like this is your Apple sheep here and I'll see you the next one. And he doesn't mean it doesn't He doesn't made.
Speaker 3: A whole video about this, saying that it's just a thing. He says that he's nothing near what he was.
Speaker 1: I need to start and start making content so now I can quote your stuff. Drew's quoting me. You're quoting Drew.
Speaker 3: I want to content. Am I gonna make?
Speaker 1: I don't know you have.
Speaker 3: I'm making it right now. Actually, I'm making an as a thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Do some mark exciting.
Speaker 4: I could make some great videos.
Speaker 1: I believe you can.
Speaker 3: I can make some great videos. I just don't have the time.
Speaker 1: Broh.
Speaker 4: It takes way less time than the podcast.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, But which one's more entertaining? Randy yelling at me over tech choices in your check choices or making a pot slash bowl slash cup.
Speaker 1: Do a livestream I hang out there, I'll be in and out.
Speaker 4: I think you should rant about tech as you're making.
Speaker 2: Floppy, be the antithesis of the Randy Nexes. Talk about how tech is an art as you're making art.
Speaker 3: Tech is not art.
Speaker 1: Oh we're about to throw down. Oh man, I'm not more entertaining. I'm telling you right now, I have never wanted I've never wanted to put my hands on another adult so bad.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy by them all the way over here saying.
Speaker 1: I'm a C two coast Salamanca.
Speaker 5: You what that means?
Speaker 1: I know, that's what's so great about it? Tight?
Speaker 4: Tight, Okay, have so much energy? Can we talk about iPhones then? If that makes you feel better?
Speaker 3: Have we not been talking about iPhones?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 5: Wait, before.
Speaker 2: Before we do, before we do, hang on, we have to run soles close off each section because I had to follow up to something drip question for you, is there a scenario where you could have both phones because one would still act as your primary work device and the other one can be your b roll, showcasing or whatever the case. Would it not make more sense on an operations stance to have one of each phone? Regardless of how you choose to do your SIM that doesn't matter, but having both would give you so much more flexibility on topic coverages, side by side, comparisons, better b roll different even maybe in a sense like different angles.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna have one that's your primary and you can't showcase that one. If you want to talk about the iPhone, you set up the pixel and then you could be like, this is why blah blah blah blah blah blah, bay and whatever.
Speaker 2: The case may be, for the sixteen pro that you will inevitably get because that thing is gonna.
Speaker 1: Be hot, hot, hot hot.
Speaker 2: Don't know why, but something's gonna be cool, Like just the sheer thought that you know you're going to review the phone because of the new capture button. Wouldn't, at least in my opinion, better suit you to have a pixel phone, or maybe you know for a time being your fifteen pro, but you want to get a pixel and then you can actually like demo, do side by side things of like here's why this is working better and here's what sucks about why the phone iPhone's not working as smooth even though the pixel is being treated like an SD card reader and I can offload data and video and all that so much quicker.
Speaker 1: Or when you're doing those interviews when you.
Speaker 2: Want to meet fancy CEOs and you have the ladies and greatest right there in the little product placement, Google be like, hey, he's repping our phone while he's interviewing somebody.
Speaker 1: He's putting that in a positive light. And thus now you have a cycle happening of good PR coverage like sir, what do you think about the poll star boom?
Speaker 7: And then you have a little Google logo right there, and then it's like, I've used these smartphones and that's a fun challenge just for the sake of calling it a challenge, of saying.
Speaker 2: I can do all of this and do really professional stuff and meet high important professional people and have it all done and documented, captured audio, video, whatever, on these devices and then you have a cool, longer term side by side of like this is why I see value in this one over at this one, or vice versa, whatever that case may be. Is there not a scenario where you can just have both and be happy as.
Speaker 1: A content creator and as a person. No, okay, all right, we can talk about iPhones now.
Speaker 5: No, No, there's a scenario. I was just it was such a long question. I was like, wouldn't it be great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what you're doing.
Speaker 5: There is a scenario, but I've tried it before. There's been times when I've had an Androide and I've had an iPhone at the same time, and I just feel like one of them always gets left behind, one of them is neglected, and then it feels like a waste. It feels like, Wow, I spend a bunch of money for that thing just to sit there.
Speaker 1: Can you take your MacBook with you to work when you go down?
Speaker 4: Occasionally? It depends on how long I'm going to be there.
Speaker 2: It'd be easier to have both your devices, not your MacBook, and it'd be easier than to.
Speaker 1: Multitask work what.
Speaker 5: Like, I don't understand why you want an iPad.
Speaker 1: Well, the first thought, it's done. Shoot, I have more than two, but I'm trying to come together.
Speaker 5: You could just have.
Speaker 1: Well, I will never this.
Speaker 2: This will be boxed up and put into a frame like the I like the five s this, this will never leave my collection.
Speaker 1: I love this phone way too much.
Speaker 3: When he holds up the iPhone that he has in his hand.
Speaker 1: The Mini.
Speaker 2: The only thing I regret is not getting a product red thirteen Mini, just just for collection's sake. But that talk you love the green, I do, but that red objectively before because this came out mid mid cycle for the thirteen series.
Speaker 1: This was not one of the launch editions.
Speaker 2: Uh, the product red was my favorite overall color for the Mini, so size the thirteen Mini product red, in my opinion, if we're just going off of like promo and everything, that was the best phone aesthetic. That's peak iPhone right there. The green and forest green or alpine green or whatever they call it, Like this was a randy phone when I saw this, like youink, I kept this thing. I'm going to keep it forever. This is going to be a part of my collection, So I don't count this as a smartphone. As time goes on, it becomes less and less a smartphone and more of a collectible, and I'm okay with that. But I will sell my thirteen pro macs in lieu of saving up cash for the next iPhone. Everything I'm doing about iPad and iPhone is strategic.
Speaker 1: When I have the money saved, I'm not just blindly buying things anymore. One can't really afford it like that. Two it's not good.
Speaker 2: It's not good financial practices of doing things. And three, I don't feel comfortable having that many overlaps of things just kind of hanging around. So selling the thirteen pro Max, selling the iPad Pro, and maybe if I end up actually upgrading selling the fifteen, I would have one iPhone, and eventually.
Speaker 1: At some point next year I'll have an iPad.
Speaker 2: I want an iPad because I like having the Apple pencil utility, I like the touchscreen experience, and I like having the the optimized apps over dot com.
Speaker 1: Sometimes that's my favorite thing with iPad, using using the dedicated YouTube app instead of what I'm doing right now, which is you know, saved to the doc as a dot com.
Speaker 4: No, I prefer the apps too.
Speaker 5: I just think the iPhone gets the job done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But the thing is, I don't use my iPhone like that. I use my iPhone when I'm out and about out of the house. When I'm in the house, the attentions on the iPad unless I'm doing this stuff right here.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, Okay, let's talk about iPhones. Now, I don't see you, Mike, we're talking about iPhones.
Speaker 5: I wanted to ask from the reviewer's perspective, because of course we have to review the new iPhones. That's just what we do here. Oh should I review the injury level model or the Pro or both?
Speaker 2: If there's something, if there's something so advanced on the camera system with the Pro, you should get your hands on on at least the Pro. Honestly, I don't think there's going to be something that revolutionary with it. Even with the capture button.
Speaker 5: I have a hard time figuring out what about the capture button it's going to be so amazing.
Speaker 1: We had a hard time figuring about Vision Pro. Then all of a sudden we're like, oh my god, I gotta get my hands on this thing.
Speaker 4: That's true, there surprises.
Speaker 1: I think I think getting a base model sixteen would be more impressive because now it's I really like the blue one. It reminds me of ten R blue. It does.
Speaker 5: It's a little darker, but yeah, I feel like it would match with my channel perfectly, which is a stupid reason to buy it.
Speaker 2: But dude, I was just talking about why I got the green one out of red out of principle, like it's fine.
Speaker 5: Or getting the brown one.
Speaker 1: That's not brown. This is brown.
Speaker 4: God of the brown one.
Speaker 3: It's brown.
Speaker 5: Look at that.
Speaker 1: This is why you need your own channel.
Speaker 3: It's brown.
Speaker 1: Like this, what color is that? Tell me? Is it gold? It ain't gold because it's bronze.
Speaker 3: That ain't bronze.
Speaker 1: That ain't the official color either.
Speaker 4: This is like the epitome of designer versus engineers.
Speaker 3: This is not black and blue with the white and gold dress over again.
Speaker 1: This is obviously bro Yanny or Laurel Brown.
Speaker 5: I never trust the leak colors because most of the time they're wrong and in person at all looks way different. You.
Speaker 1: You should get a base model sixteen if if all the rumors are more or less tdroue about the entry models being the more advanced, don't do this. This is this is sad brown. I don't That's not the official color.
Speaker 3: Mic, we don't know what the official colors are.
Speaker 1: We just can be So then what are you on about?
Speaker 3: Looking at with my eyes that color right there in that photo? It's brown.
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 3: Don't people also call it brown? Isn't that what the whole leak is? It's a brown iPhone?
Speaker 1: I thought natural titanium one.
Speaker 3: Okay, Drew's showing up blue one.
Speaker 1: That is so cool looking. Now imagine that as an iPhone se four?
Speaker 3: No, that looks like a five seed.
Speaker 5: That would be missing, look like a five C. Yeah, it's kind of five sea blue, isn't it? Which?
Speaker 3: I love its lineup of iPhones in my opinion, the five series that was great.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna say it, Mike, I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 5: This will probably be the last iPhone with sixty herts not counting to I.
Speaker 1: Really wish I care?
Speaker 2: Is it true? Listen, Drew, you do more deep dive analysis than I do. I get the I get the same article as you do, but I don't go further after that.
Speaker 1: Is it true? iPhone seventeen? We're not even talking about sixteen now, Is it true? Seventeen?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be like the biggest like mind blow since whatever new new form factor, new refresh rate. Evidently, something that has to.
Speaker 5: Do with one hundred twenty hurts is rumored to come to the non pros next year.
Speaker 1: That's so stupid crazy, that's so ridiculous.
Speaker 5: I still think Apple will find a way to screw it up.
Speaker 4: Here's my prediction.
Speaker 5: I think that the LTPO because the feature is technically called pro motion, so people are like, they can't put a pro feature on the non pros. That would be weird, Like the same way that the REGULARS fifteen has everything it needs to record in pro res but they choose to not let it that kind of thing. I was like, why don't they put the LTPO panels on the regular seventeen so that it still has always on display, Like it can go down to one hurts, but then it only goes to one hundred and twenty if you're in game mode.
Speaker 1: Whoa, Oh that that is so realistic. I'm getting upset.
Speaker 5: That is this is when we get a bunch of listeners that say, dru stop giving the idea.
Speaker 2: That makes me so mad because that's so that's such an because that sounds.
Speaker 5: Such like an Apple thing, doesn't You're like, oh, well you know, just the normal moving around the home screen. You don't need one twenty for that, but it can go up to one twenty when you're playing a game where that gives you a competitive advantage.
Speaker 2: Jaws comes out that cocky smirking like we did something done, and he starts.
Speaker 1: Just pitching the seventeen like he just reinvented the wheel, and it just oh, that's so true. That's that could be such a thing.
Speaker 5: Man, they do it? What do you think? Like, would they do it? Are they that petty?
Speaker 3: You know, tech news is a bit dry these days, I know, so he's.
Speaker 5: Doing a good job faking it for a minute, therapy.
Speaker 3: How do you generate a lot more interest in your product? How do you sell someone this pencil?
Speaker 4: Hey at the word pro to the end.
Speaker 1: That's Oh, that happened, that happened, That actually happens.
Speaker 3: History just keeps repeating itself.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: I am happy to say though that both of you inspired me.
Speaker 3: Inspired. Did you get an inspired calculator?
Speaker 5: Because I'll just reveal it this way. My MacBook is closed right now?
Speaker 3: Are you staring into the ether? Did you get another MacBook? Are you using an iPad?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 3: So then I would think after all that, you probably.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 1: I know what it is.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised you have asked me about I know exactly what.
Speaker 3: I know what it is.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I noticed it. Wait did you do this for Eve or did you switch it out?
Speaker 3: Why didn't none of you?
Speaker 5: Why did none of you comment on the fact that my webcam and mike sounds so different?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I immediately you switched it out for me. V didn't you?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm No, it was the same money V.
Speaker 1: I did comment about the mic. I said, you sounded funny.
Speaker 2: Because he said he's the zoom mic because he's using his dang his black magic camera.
Speaker 4: No, nope, but I appreciate the compliment.
Speaker 3: You're close. You're close, Randy, you appreciate I only know this because I've got insider information, and by inside information, it's more. We had a discussion when.
Speaker 4: He but you thought you thought this was a black Magic worthy camera.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: So you do have a pixel?
Speaker 4: No, no pixel?
Speaker 3: How was he again this call right now? How is he doing this whole thing with his laptop?
Speaker 5: What's my setup? All I'll say is the MacBook display has been closed the entire day.
Speaker 3: You got this Randy, Okay, I believe.
Speaker 1: That means well, if it's closed, that means you're using an external monitor. Wait. I saw an external monitor in one of your videos this week.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, and I did think about it in the moment I saw an external monitor on EV.
Speaker 1: I was watching one of your videos on EV.
Speaker 2: Actually, I watch all your videos on EV, but there's one where I looked at the monitor and I was like, the bezels.
Speaker 1: I remember, my first thought was the bezels. Yeah, it was the first thing was the bezel. But that doesn't explain the camera. Is this?
Speaker 4: Who wrong one? How the heck do I use this thing?
Speaker 5: Oh? That's how wam s? Wait?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I like, how is is? Oh that's an ultra wide.
Speaker 5: No, you're okay?
Speaker 3: More flattering?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 5: How do I get more?
Speaker 4: It is curved, That's what I meant.
Speaker 5: Like, it's a three by one right, No, it's sixteen by.
Speaker 3: Nine the perfect aspect ratio.
Speaker 5: By the way, that's right. I think that I might throw you off a little bit. But yeah, that's that's my new tech update for the panel.
Speaker 1: Will the camera you're using the monitor?
Speaker 4: Nope, it's the iPhone.
Speaker 3: Oh, it is the iPhone up on this thing. Probably the two thumb tacks.
Speaker 5: Wait, okay, you can see my phone mount right there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Drew, can we give you with like a max safe successory that clips?
Speaker 5: I don't think it would work as well, if I'm being honest.
Speaker 2: I watched I saw your monitor in ev because that's the only time I ever get to see your desk lay out, and a part of me goes like, oh, he's had a monitor.
Speaker 5: True, I haven't had a monitor for over a year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because you've been You've been rocking the the sixtynich and I'm like, well, he's also been holding out for prices to go down for the XDR or studio displays, and.
Speaker 4: They have not.
Speaker 5: They did not go down. Boy. Of all Apple products, they have held their value extremely well in my opinion.
Speaker 1: How much is the studio display right now?
Speaker 4: I have a hard time seeing them go under a thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I paid eleven for this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's They're still very sought after. And I realized that I don't care that much about their advantages. I mainly just wanted the high refresh rate and I'm mostly editing h GVC iPhone footage, So I was like why am I trying to prioritize getting some mini l the crap so.
Speaker 1: So so that that display that a monitor is one hundred and twenty hertz.
Speaker 5: Higher.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right, it's one forty four. They do one forty four.
Speaker 5: It can go higher, but my MacBook Max is out at one hundred and forty four.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 4: It's a company that has been emailing.
Speaker 5: Me for years.
Speaker 4: Yes, they wore me down.
Speaker 5: Uh. I kept declining them for a long long time, but they did send the monitor.
Speaker 1: Conversations go deep here because I remember these conversations.
Speaker 5: It's from Oh yeah, I talked to you about this month ago. It's from a company called Titan Army. Yes, which they are not paying me. They're not, you know, asking me to say certain things about it. There was no contracts, so they said, you can say whatever you want, be as harsh as you want, be as honest as you want, but we'd really like you to try out this monitor. No, I've been talking about external monitors for a long time and they were like, please review this one, please review this But I was like, I don't. I'm gonna wait. I'm gonna wait for the pro display to get refreshed. For the studio to play, and I finally just realized I'm sick of waiting. I don't think this dream monitor I want is coming anyway. So and I missed editing on a big screen. Oh it's so nice. What's these so much user?
Speaker 1: Inch of that?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: A twenty one inch twenty seven forty four.
Speaker 4: M forty two two thirty one and a half thirty one and a half.
Speaker 3: Kind of found it.
Speaker 5: It's pretty big.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to nope, that's two forty hertz.
Speaker 5: Dude. This one goes too, so when you scroll you have the smooth motion mm hmmm, which his final cut is quite handy. Even in the members stream, people were saying that it looks like I'm editing noticeably faster. So I do think I've discovered an objective advantage to high refresh rate on the Mac. It's not for gaming, but at least with my style. Let me see if that's the right one. Yeah, that looks like it. But uh, don't order it yet if anybody's curious, because when the real video goes live, I will have a discount code for everybody. I don't get. I don't get an affiliate. I'm not getting paid for you guys to order this, so literally no one can order it. That's fine, but they gave me a discount code. I just don't have it right in front of me. But if anybody is thinking about ordering this thing, then I'll give you a coupon code and it'll bring the price down.
Speaker 1: To display ports to HDMI Jack, Yeah, those are two. Those are two display Why do you need to.
Speaker 4: If you want to get multiple things?
Speaker 3: Like that's weird?
Speaker 2: My LG, my old ultra wide curved LG that I had had at least two of each as well.
Speaker 5: But I think what really tipped me over the edge was Mike though, because he just recently bought a new external monitor and he was showing it to me last Friday or Saturday whenever we were down there, and it honestly like, looked fine, it looked great. I was like, yeah, you can read everything and eat on there. It's functional, and it costs like a couple hundred bucks, And I was like, why am I building out this huge feature that makes editing a lot easier?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and can speed up my productivity process.
Speaker 5: I can watch so much more at the same time, especially when I'm doing the members only streams. It's so much nicer to have room for the chat, like, instead of trying to cram all of these windows onto my little sixteen inch display. Like, why am I fussing around all this holding out for some hypothetical two thousand dollars Apple monitor that's probably going to have a lower refresh rate than the one I'm using right now, just because it'll be K or six K instead of this one, which is fourteen forty P, which is fine. My eyesight's getting bad. I can't I can't honestly tell the difference anyway.
Speaker 1: Welcome to old age, my friend.
Speaker 5: My apologies to ben Q, who was also trying to get me to review one of their monitors.
Speaker 3: Next time.
Speaker 4: I was like, I said no, I just told him I want to hire a refresh rate.
Speaker 5: And they kept saying, oh, this one's built for the Mac. It's really good for Mac and it has the thunderbolts and all that. I was like, what's the refresh rate and they're like sixty.
Speaker 10: I said, you said, no deal, no deal, I need that. He looked at how I'm budget minded.
Speaker 5: You know, if I was purely just motivated by cost, the ben Q one costs more so I could have technically reviewed that one and just been like, Okay, I got a more expensive monitor.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean anything if you care about that, Like that's that's so funny because I'm like, I care more about the pixels and you care more about the refrash rate, and I'm like, that's the perfect monitor for you.
Speaker 5: I mean, most of the footage I'm editing is going to be in a little window. I'm not watching things in full screen because it's a work station, you know.
Speaker 4: I'm editing here, so I've got.
Speaker 5: YouTube and picturing picture up here, and I've got Twitter over here, and I've got my final cut timeline here.
Speaker 1: So four K.
Speaker 5: It's it's really just slightly richer text. It's not like a night or day kind of difference.
Speaker 3: Because it slight up and down this spine.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I've been waiting trying to figure out what this red thing is.
Speaker 5: Whether I doesn't have that. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh I think it's No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It does tilt yours does tilt, yeah, but just doesn't go up and down.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: No, I the truth was I did think about that.
Speaker 5: I was I was interested in height adjustable, but I quickly realized that with my current desk, I'm not going to be able to fit a MacBook underneath the display anyway because there's just not enough table space.
Speaker 3: So I know, we're just suggusting it to what height you want at a given time. I like having it tilted a certain way and pushed down or pulled up a certain amount throughout the day because.
Speaker 1: I use my desk for that since it's automated.
Speaker 5: See, the funny thing is for me, like I couldn't raise the monitor any higher because of the where my where I put my phone where is it would get covered up. Like this is already way higher. Like the webcam you guys are seeing me on right now for the podcast.
Speaker 4: This is not the main lens. This is the ultra wide lens.
Speaker 2: You're just cropping in because if you did the if you did the main lens, you'd be too pinched in.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, oh oh.
Speaker 5: Definitely.
Speaker 1: So you have that center stage.
Speaker 5: Thing going on center stage.
Speaker 4: If I turn it off, this is how much I'm cropped.
Speaker 5: I look at them chrome picture built in Actually that lets it zoom in, which is kind of cool. Dang, But yeah, this is my first time doing the podcast with it, and oh it's been so nice. But one downside of this affordable monitor is it doesn't have integrated speakers, so I have had to bring out the old U E Mega Boom, which has been in storage for like eight years, but it still works.
Speaker 2: I I hear you on the whole resolution thing, because going back to that ten EIGHTP video that I did, I've been waiting for somebody to comment. I mean, no one's really commented on it, but I did an immediate side by side to show what it looked like when I export at four K what I export at.
Speaker 1: Ten eighty, and it looks virtually the same I did.
Speaker 2: I do see me personally, if I'm being honest, I see a slight clarity bump. It reminds me what you did with the iPhone thirteen pro Max that you had where you filmed you did a video in pro res and you said it looked like you added a slight sharpening filter.
Speaker 1: And that was the only difference. And for a reason that that stays with me.
Speaker 2: It lives free in my head, that that verbiage, because then when I do the four K, that's what it looks like to me, I just see a slight.
Speaker 1: Little bump, and especially if I'm filming not on an iPhone, the that lens is so big.
Speaker 2: Everything is naturally softer than that artificial crispiness that we get, which I think it works good for something like this, because this stuff is filmed at.
Speaker 1: Seven twenty for stream yard.
Speaker 2: So I'll take any clarity that we can get out of it. But at the end of the day, the resolution doesn't really matter anymore. However, with that, the reason why I care about resolution over refresh rate is clarity of the text when I have when I actually proportion the desktop to fit all these different windows, sometimes simultaneously.
Speaker 1: I like having clarity on a smaller scale because my vision is trash. I wear glasses and sometimes like.
Speaker 5: Oh I don't have them, but I'm I gotta get them soon.
Speaker 1: Oh man, you're my little old Drew. He's aging. But so it's nice to have it.
Speaker 2: But also to be fair, the monitor is like, you know, it's right there. I can, I can bring the monitor in closer, and sometimes I do, so it's not that big of a deal. I think, I know, knowing that what we've talked about with refresh rates, I'm glad you got this monitor. I think this is the perfect Drew monitor for you, whether you paid for it or not. The fact that that's it has the thing that you're looking for the most.
Speaker 1: Minus.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's some setbacks, no speakers, no USBC, but you you have your little pixel stand right there to charge your phone, so it's okay.
Speaker 1: Do you keep your phone plugged in?
Speaker 5: When?
Speaker 1: When when it's docked right there.
Speaker 5: Yep, it's been plugged in the whole time. This is cool, sure, because I wanted it to work for extended periods. But it's not plugged into the computer. Yeah, it's just plugged into a wall outlet. There were some little problems I discovered, like I'm pretty sure I'm maxing out the wattages on my search protector, because every time I switched around the USBC cables on my shared power brick, the monitor would shut off and come back on, and I was like.
Speaker 4: Okay, I got to move some things around.
Speaker 5: The speaker works most of the time, but sometimes there's this buget It's probably a bug with the speaker, not the monitor, but sometimes when I switch applications, it drops the audio even though it says it's connected and everything.
Speaker 2: So when you up your AirPods this year to the new AirPods Pro, everything will be fine.
Speaker 1: You'll be okay by that.
Speaker 2: Because you're gonna You're not gonna fine, yes, but there's gonna be better than fine.
Speaker 1: Now you're gonna have something that you can hear, heavan, you can put it.
Speaker 4: I won't hear it with YouTube music, right. It's not lossless, no.
Speaker 1: But if you turn the volume up really loud, it's almost hard to tell. People talk louder when they want to sound smart, right, correct.
Speaker 5: I did see, however, that YouTube Premium which I have, is gonna build in a feature so that you can skip the sponsored segment of it.
Speaker 1: I already have it. Wait, you don't have it yet.
Speaker 5: No, it hasn't rolled out to me yet. Oh.
Speaker 1: I've been using it for like the last two weeks.
Speaker 2: It is so cool because it picks the bottom and he goes what the moment they go Today's spot when they when the.
Speaker 1: Person says sponsor, boom, it just shows up.
Speaker 2: I click it and it always ends at the right spot where goes and thank you for Bubba for sponsoring this video.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yes.
Speaker 2: The only time it doesn't come up is if there's already uh title cards in the description and they have it sectioned off as sponsored, then you just.
Speaker 1: It won't come up.
Speaker 2: However, my workaround that I found you really haven't had this feature. You haven't been using this feature.
Speaker 4: No, I thought it was just announced like today.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been using it for two weeks.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm ready Vasquez and I've had this feature for two weeks now. It starts to double tap on the right side of.
Speaker 1: Your screen to forward.
Speaker 2: You just do it once and the and the skip the jump section comes up, so you go and it shows up. Then you just click on it and it moves you to the end of the sponsored read wherever it is. I think the only time I haven't been able to get that a show up is at the end of the video. But mid rolls or uh you know, beginning roll ads, it gives you that feature.
Speaker 1: Just the moment you start double tapping and to fast forward, it just showed up.
Speaker 2: And okay, since we're it's all the same story, I could not do it on the iPad. iPad doesn't give me community posts and it doesn't give me the latest premium features, And I.
Speaker 5: Was like, ah see, that's why I use my phone. That's that's what I discovered. Everything I used my iPad for I could do on my phone and more.
Speaker 1: But you don't have a sexy signature like I do, so you need.
Speaker 5: The Apple even with a real pencil my signes.
Speaker 1: The Apple Intelligence will fix that for you though, and then it corrects it. Yeah. YouTube, I think YouTube. I saw you tweet this today and it's true. YouTube. Premium is still probably the best subscription.
Speaker 4: Period and now it can be like truly ad free.
Speaker 1: Well, dude, I think there's a video out there, if not on your dedicated one of our podcasts where you've made this request.
Speaker 5: You you don't think there is.
Speaker 1: I think there is.
Speaker 2: You said the reason why you don't like sponsored because it's like you pay for premium and you're still getting an AD, and it felt like a completely.
Speaker 1: It it uh neutralized the whole point of why having premium in the.
Speaker 2: First place, to not get ads, and as before downloads and all this other stuff came out and YouTube music, like the main thing for premium was to have no ads.
Speaker 1: And then people were doing sponsors, you know, these sponsored reads, and you're like, it defeats the purpose, and you were a game frustrated, and you're like, YouTube premium should allow you to bypass that. He says something to that effect. I remember you saying that, like, YouTube premium should have no none of that. The whole point of is that you don't get that.
Speaker 5: I think I mentioned it when I was saying that that's why I don't do sponsorships. I don't think I was saying it is a that's why YouTube should integrate that so that we can skip them, because I've always been like that gets messy because then the YouTuber's sponsorships don't get as many clicks. But what I think is a decent compromise is the fact that not everybody has YouTube Premium, so they're letting you skip the sponsored segment. But it's you know, eighty ninety percent of YouTube viewers aren't going to get that option.
Speaker 2: It's better than going to Nebula and paying for subscriptions so you don't get ads or whatever, or.
Speaker 3: You just don't pay any.
Speaker 5: Ads everywhere.
Speaker 3: Nice teeth, thanks, they're not blue like my nails, not yet, but to me, blue slurpy.
Speaker 5: Boy, the whole not doing sponsorship things is it's getting more expensive. I'll even admit I was tempted by some of these. It was I came close and I was like, Drew, don't forget who you are. And I was like, shut up, you peschime, morals, you ethics.
Speaker 1: You either die a hero or you live long enough to become the bad guy.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna die. Then I think that's what's happening.
Speaker 1: Well, that's inevitable, that in taxes.
Speaker 5: But well, I mean the channel.
Speaker 1: Oh geez, no, no, your chance is not going to die.
Speaker 5: Well, no adoptions are die sponsorless or live with sponsors.
Speaker 1: The option is I don't think. I think it's impossible unless something happens to Google. I think it's impossible for your channel to die.
Speaker 2: There will always be some work, some business models, some workflow revenue thing.
Speaker 4: There will always be Halami and Martin Hill.
Speaker 3: And that one very generous guy that uh.
Speaker 4: Chris Snartan will always be there.
Speaker 1: Jeez, that was impressive. I saw that in a lifetime and I was waiting to watch you respond. I was counting the delay and you were like yeah, and so that's why I think the pixel is gonna be He just punched in, like what.
Speaker 2: I can't even talk about stuff now and pretend that didn't happen, especially because.
Speaker 5: The jeez Like, to me, it almost feels like the brands know that I don't want to do sponsor content, and they're trying harder. Now It's like it doesn't you can't say no anymore because that just proves to them that there's activity.
Speaker 4: They're like, Oh, he's reading these good let's send more.
Speaker 3: You'll be tempted eventually, do you feel But but Drew, here's a.
Speaker 1: Moral dilemma and ethical question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can.
Speaker 2: Can't you compromise without compromising your morals? And what I mean is, what if there's a brand you really like and it didn't matter if they paid you or not. You knew, You're like, this is the thing in this case, pixel or something. I don't know, But that's that doesn't count because you're reviewing it. So like, what if what if YouTube was paying you to promote premium?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they should.
Speaker 1: It's like I believe in this.
Speaker 2: What if they said, listen, we need help getting the word out there for YouTube music and we want more creators to talk about it.
Speaker 1: And so they do some type of business and you use YouTube music.
Speaker 2: That doesn't conflict with the fact that you're like This is why I like premium the most. And even though they are paying me, and I'm being upfront about that, I was saying this and I will say this until something changes.
Speaker 1: I would have done this for free.
Speaker 2: I was a customer for years before before there was a relationship there. And don't you think that there's things like that out there that maybe you could work with that doesn't compromise your morals and you can make a better revenue stream, not better, but just have one more opportunity of different revenue come through where it's still.
Speaker 1: Ethical because you stand by it.
Speaker 2: If APTERA is trying to get the word out there, what better person than Taylor's a EV I know the wrong podcast, but that doesn't change the fact that that's what you belie even because your vision through EV's is in general the most efficient product. You care about efficiency above anything else. And in fact, Terris says we're ready to start shipping and we need a market anything.
Speaker 1: And R and D is doing this thing, and hey, you're our guy. Would you not be like, hey, here's that? At what point?
Speaker 2: Like that line blurs a little bit now that you're somewhat employed, even if it's ten ninety nine through tell o that you will eventually talk about an inevitable product that you genuinely stand behind, which is why you chose to work with them, that you got to have some saying that's not being unethical and selling out your audience for some coin if it's a project you're actually involved in one, or a project that you're actually passionate about, like at Tara and I know we're talking more EV's, but I'm sure there's things like that. What if this monitor blows your mind and you're like, oh, okay, we can work something out, and that doesn't change the fact of regardless of what the dollar figure is, that's a product you believe in. I don't think that's compromising your morals or your ethics at that point if you actually believe in it, And if that means you don't take as many sponsorships or you have a channel sponsorship where it's like it's always a partnership as long as you clip this link instead of me reading.
Speaker 1: Some script like the whole d Brand Marquez thing.
Speaker 2: Right, if it's a channel sponsorship, then it's even more so the fact that you're not really sticking to a script because it is a collaboration it's a collaborative partnership at that point.
Speaker 1: I don't feel like, at least.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, you're compromising anything at that point, because you were going to do this thing, whatever product we're talking about, regardless, or you are working in it regardless.
Speaker 4: I think you would.
Speaker 5: You would know I'm being genuine because we've been friends a long time, so you know who I am and you understand me pretty well. But the viewers don't have that same history, or there could be new viewers that are just meeting me for the first time, and their recommendation or belief in the honesty of the review would be tainted by the fact that, well, if he's disclosing that this is a paid sponsorship, can I really trust what.
Speaker 4: He's saying about this? In which case, why listen to me?
Speaker 5: That would be an indication to the viewer like, oh, I should go listen to someone else, even though you're right, I could be doing it totally wholeheartedly, and I'd be recommending this even if they weren't paying me. YadA, YadA. I just happened to get paid. I'm also just a stubborn jerk.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, but we're talking about products, right.
Speaker 5: I don't want to complicate my taxes more. Okay, all right, even if it meant that I made more money, I would rather make less if my taxes were simpler.
Speaker 1: MO money, MO problems, they say.
Speaker 5: I've yeah, I've seen that play out myself, and I'm not convinced it would be.
Speaker 4: I've been wrestling with this.
Speaker 5: For the past few weeks, honestly because of what some of these brands have been trying to do, and I'm like, well, what if we just did a little bit, or what if we just did it once in a while, And I was like, it all comes back to the belief that will more money help the channel, Like will the channel become a better resource or a better service to people if it had more income? And the more I thought about it, the more I realized, I don't think it would.
Speaker 4: I think that there's a lot of tech channels, or any channel.
Speaker 5: Really. This applies to any YouTube channel that have already gone down the path that we've talked about previously, where you just buy into the latest and greatest and say all the good things about it and just anybody can go out and buy something. Basically, that's the easy thing, in my opinion, like it's easy to go out and just spend a bunch of money and then say there, I have content now because I bought stuff. I think I appreciate the challenge and I appreciate the struggle of trying to figure out, no, wait a second, what's the most cost effective And having a unique edge on your channel that separates you from other channels, I think is important and crucial, and it would be easy to just fall into what every other channel is already doing and just be like, Okay, I bought all the new iPhones, though talk about the new ones. I'm going to use the new one and it's hopefully more competitive slash interesting for people to watch. Okay, how does Drew or how does this guy I'm watching justify the expense a guy that's not just talking about the product and the features, but also the financial burden of reviewing this and treating every dollar like it is hard earned instead of just I'm a big YouTube but I can afford it, so I should buy whatever. And the more I thought about that, the more I realized, Yeah, it would probably be the easiest thing to do to just take these brand deals and then buy up all the latest and greatest stuff and review it. But then you just become another one of everybody. You're just one with the crowd. You're just adding to the noise.
Speaker 4: And I'd rather try to resist that if at all possible.
Speaker 1: So how much time do you really think you have? How long can you go resisting it? That's real question.
Speaker 2: How the devil's on your shoulder?
Speaker 5: Hello helped a lot, I'll say that much. I was like, well, now that YouTube is not my only income. In fact, it's not even most of my income anymore. It it feels like it's back more into a hobby territory, where it's like, well.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: I do it for fun, and I do it because it's interesting to me, and I enjoy it, and I know that there's a lot of audience that has appreciated that, not just what I've done with the skits or the news or whatever, but also the podcast. I see how passionate the audience gets. Whenever we miss a week or whenever we take a break that lasts a while, we get a lot of when's it coming back? When's it coming back? People really like this.
Speaker 1: For you, it might be Hallam. For me, it's Nolan Nolan ideas, Hey man, everything all right, you need.
Speaker 5: Where's the podcast when coming back? So I don't want to let those people down?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think that staying I just feel like I'm on such.
Speaker 5: A good streak of no brand deals for this long. It feels like a defeat. It feels like giving up to actually give into one man, and for what just for my own person?
Speaker 4: Like what do I need more more?
Speaker 1: I think I read that I saw this. The question was posing away when I was this had to do with Ed Snowden. How dangerous a person can be who can't be bought and you're in that territory. Two things.
Speaker 2: One you used to say, yeah, but look at Marquez Jonathan Morrison. Look at all these people who don't do that stuff and they're okay.
Speaker 1: And then Marquez does do it. They do it now.
Speaker 2: And to echo what you just said, that you are now you're the rarity. There isn't many people who don't do ad reads or take sponsorships, and that's really rare now. It was very common in the early twenty tens, not common now. Anybody can get a sponsorship. Shoot, looks like anybody at one point was able to get into Team Pixel. They let the Apples sheep in for God's sakes.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not that hard.
Speaker 5: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's one guy besides you, Yeah, besides you.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think if there's one other person, No, there's outside of you.
Speaker 1: There's two people.
Speaker 2: But one guy has turned it into a hobby. Funny you said that, because even he came out so this is now no longer my job and all that. And he's an og YouTuber who's been around since like early two thousand and nine, and he became one of the original like YouTube partners when that became a thing.
Speaker 1: And then he went through stuff and I thought he quit, and he didn't quit.
Speaker 2: He just kind of pivot and he doesn't do anything really, but he's never taken a sponsorship.
Speaker 1: He's like, and I won't And he said and he says it for all the same all the things that you've said. He's said. He's like, this is why I won't do it.
Speaker 2: My my word, my opinion, my thoughts are mine. They belong to me, and no one is going to corrupt that. And I don't care what that cost me, because my integrity costs me more.
Speaker 1: I have to I have to be in the skin at the end.
Speaker 2: The day and so very he's very against being told what to do, and he's also kind of rebellious like that. He's like, I don't like being told what to do. And part of his content strategy in the early years was of that of he was very rebellious and people like that, and so he grew an audience because he was saying things that maybe you shouldn't be saying, but there was a hint of truth.
Speaker 1: He had skits that had hints of truth, and his things like I'm not going to be told what to do, and if YouTube wants to shut me down, let them.
Speaker 2: That's their decision, but it won't be mine. And so his whole ethos, his whole identity is of that, is like I can't be bought even if he even though he says that I can make way more money off of this stuff, you won't. And then there's another guy who is more like news, but his is more in the political sense. He does political commentary, and he's one of the only few out of anybody in that sector I've seen that who doesn't do sponsorship. And he says, the only way I survive is because you guys subscribe to my patreon he's like, I have a two dollars a month and a five dollars a month and that's the only thing that keeps me afloat next to AdSense. And he's like, and I'll be honest, I'm like, I don't know in the top five percent, like when you talk about like income type of things, like I'm okay, I'll be fine. He kind of reminds me of you in the sense where like he bought his house and it wasn't the sexiest house, but it put a roof over his head, electricity in the home, and he is good. He's like, I'm okay here, I don't need much more than that. I want to talk about this stuff because it interests me. And he's like, I won't talk to a sponsorship because then I will become corrupt. Even if I don't think I can, I think I will because now they have influence over me. And I don't want to be told what to do. And it's all of these common things. And I've heard you say too, is that you want your freedom of aminimity or not aminimity, but just of autonomy, that you could do whatever you want however you want freely. No one is pulling these strings. A lot of people have told you this, Mike has said this. I've found this that there's so much respect that to not go the route that everybody else does, and I respect you for that too. I just wanted to ask to see if you've even ever thought about is there a way that you could do both?
Speaker 1: And if you feel like you can't.
Speaker 5: Thought a lot about it, I'm sure you have recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome that Tello helped keep you on the straight and narrow, keep you on that good path.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like them biasedly for different reasons because it's helping my friend and I like that a lot.
Speaker 5: And I just be clear, I you know, definitely didn't do it just for the money to take that job kinds of things you get to see going on behind the scenes, that that experience is far more valuable and fun than you know, just the surface level work side of things.
Speaker 2: Telo sieves a brand will never be it was never his gold to be the guess anything that's not your that was not your intent, and that's not it's that's not its mission statement, because if.
Speaker 1: It is, you'd be dead in the water. Like that is, you're not doing a good job. If that was the case.
Speaker 2: I've always seen the Taylosa brand personally, I've I've identified it as that of.
Speaker 1: There's an there's a level of integrity and and all that you do that you can be.
Speaker 2: You could be honest, whether you're you like something or you don't, and whether you want to do something or you don't want to do it. No one's ever gonna question, or they shouldn't. I mean, you got the trolls that well, but we don't talk about the trolls. No one who actually really gives a gives a whot about you, questions your your motives behind wanting to do something.
Speaker 1: There's you could see it, and you're you're living this to other YouTubers.
Speaker 2: You can see it when they're actually passionate about something and when they're just cashing it in a paycheck.
Speaker 1: I'm here to do my job. I gotta read this thing. I'm gonna do this thing and carry on. Hey, hey here's that new thing. This is neat awesome. Goodbye. But you be like I want the pixel because it looks cool. I like it, and like the passion seeps through.
Speaker 4: On that note, I think I want the sixteen pro Max.
Speaker 5: This year.
Speaker 1: No, you don't. You don't even know what that looks like yet.
Speaker 4: Brown the biggest.
Speaker 5: You know what else is brown? So this whole entire time, it's the biggest screen iPhone of all time, and this is.
Speaker 1: The smallest screen iPhone of all time.
Speaker 3: No, it is go ahead and miche I was comparing the two monitors, my new extra monitor in yours we So you're just looking at the specs page, I guess if you're watching the video. But pretty much the diference between yours and mine is that yours has a VA panel and mine has an IPS panel, where the VA panel offers a superior contrast ratio, but mine is a LED will yours is an LCD where the l C or the LED has I think was it a really good?
Speaker 5: Was it?
Speaker 3: Superior blacks and brighter colors? So I think they balance out pretty much in terms of So the Titan, So I'm looking at what's it called best buy best buy Lisa two fifty for mine and three ninety nine or four hundred dollars for the Titan.
Speaker 4: It'll be three hundred after the code.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So anyways, on the same website, who knows wherever they're getting their model or their units. But I got mine two hundred and fifty dollars less than drew, but he gets a wide screen and a better contrast ratio.
Speaker 1: And refresh rate? Right, or does yours? What's your refresh rate? The hurts?
Speaker 5: I believe you should. You should compare it to the thirty two inch model. That's that would be more Apple.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm looking at. So you don't hear I've got one selected? Nope, Yeah, mine's twenty seven inches, yours?
Speaker 5: Go to yours?
Speaker 4: Yeah, go back, and then let's screen size.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go?
Speaker 5: Now the.
Speaker 4: More mhm.
Speaker 5: If you don't need a.
Speaker 4: Giant one, save yourself some money.
Speaker 3: It doesn't look like much changes in terms of.
Speaker 1: Right there, one hundred and eighty hurts.
Speaker 3: It's still one hundred and eighty before and after. I believe they're both good. Yeah, they're both really good. I'm just saying comparing this.
Speaker 1: That's how cheap these things have gotten, I know.
Speaker 5: Right, that's what That's kind of what convinced me to pull the trigger was like, what am I waiting for when forty Yeah? Yeah, but I'm not utilizing it because I'm on a mac anyway.
Speaker 2: But sure, or is what's going to cap you guys out on your on on the Apple silicon stuff right now?
Speaker 1: Yep, so you guys have the same refractor can go higher, but.
Speaker 5: I think i'd need a thunderbolt to display port cable, which I don't have. I think Max can go higher, but it it'd be very hard to notice at this point.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a big contrast ratio jump, isn't it. That's a big one.
Speaker 3: One thousand versus three thousand versus three Yeah, like ps.
Speaker 4: There are very good contrast.
Speaker 1: On this thing. Mike. Does your monitor have speakers?
Speaker 5: It has?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. It like Drew's. It has a ooxport, but I think at this price point that's not. The thing I like about mine is that it can rotate and height adjust. That is nice, so you can have it vertical and also change the tablet mode.
Speaker 2: Even on the Max.
Speaker 5: I would if I had a bigger desk, maybe I would have a secondary monitor that's sideways so that I could read the chat and go all the way back see people's earlier messages. But my desk is not ready for that yet yet.
Speaker 3: They're both pretty good, though, I think you got shows are really good. One to put on your desk.
Speaker 4: Well, I like big screens and you cannot lie. And that's why I want the sixteen promacs.
Speaker 3: But stop lying.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're lying. It's like that's not true. You you like your fifteen pro because it's the.
Speaker 5: A lot more of my phone now that I'm running not just my own social media but Tellos as well, and I'm using my phone as a camera for now that I don't have a webcam to fall back on because my MacBook is closed. The iPhone is.
Speaker 4: Well, I can't put it on the desk.
Speaker 5: There's no room.
Speaker 1: Move your move your Tesla semi.
Speaker 5: Look at the video.
Speaker 1: Ye, I need to go back and it's oh, cyber truck, Move your cyber truck.
Speaker 4: Where would you put the laptop that's not gonna fit?
Speaker 3: Where is the laptop? Is it behind your chair?
Speaker 4: No, it's it's on the shelf.
Speaker 3: The laptop is on the shelf.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's directly. I think if you watched yesterday's EV video you can see the top of it.
Speaker 3: So you're using the laptop like a desktop and putting it on a shelf while you're using a big disc. Your whole thing, the whole stick both of you again, laptop. Laptops are the best. Why are you getting still have them?
Speaker 4: If I need to take it on the go, I got this to unplug.
Speaker 3: This man is like, nah, I'm gonna change to a Mac Mini or whatever.
Speaker 1: I didn't say that you're not using here's Mike. No, I said when the time comes. Whenever that happens.
Speaker 2: When the time comes, I can see myself getting a stationary Mac. I didn't say I'm getting one, and I'm definitely not doing one right now.
Speaker 3: Never said right now.
Speaker 1: No, you're implying it, though, and you're toning everything. You're implying it. Our max are doing just fine.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get an easily. I can see another five years out of this thing.
Speaker 5: This is, in my opinion, why MacBooks are so popular is because for only a couple hundred bucks, as Mike just showed, you can basically turn a MacBook into an amazing desktop with a great refresh rate and a decent size and good resolution. But then when you want it to become mobile again, you can just unplug it, throw it in the bag, and now you've got everything you had on your desktop there. The next best thing would be if the iPhone could do that so if the sixteen Pro Max has some kind of Apple decks, I say that as much biggest possible battery.
Speaker 2: If the iPhone sixteen Pro Max with thunderbolt this, then the other offers us a dex solution.
Speaker 1: I will not get another iPad.
Speaker 4: M H, What I don't get that goes against everything you just said.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: Oh, but here's the thing. Here's the thing. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I understand why you stick. I understand why why you stick insanity. I understand why you stick with your Mac and the iPhone. Right now, for now, there's there's beauty and simplicity even on the tech side. You don't have any over that because you just found one good thing that does it really well for your use case as a content creator.
Speaker 1: I've demoed nice brown thing. Sorry, listener to podcast something that he just showed his brown that's gross. Your use case is very hyper specific for you. And I don't mean that like everybody's different.
Speaker 5: I mean but literally think it's crazy considering how much I'm using my phone now to reply to comments and reply to Slack messages and to post things on mobile now with verticals because I don't like TikTok on the desktop or whatever, like is it do.
Speaker 4: TikTok's our biggest account.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, no, listen, I don't for you. Honestly, I don't think it's it's it's bad to go all in.
Speaker 5: I I.
Speaker 2: The dynamic change. I guess my thing is, but you can always reassess later afterwards. Is that like I I would assume in some capacity your relationship with Tella will change and you won't be maybe doing this element of it or if anything at all.
Speaker 1: We don't even know how long this this, this, this will go on for unless you signed them. You know, you're a contract by by Lenk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I mean for everything's symbiotic right now, but things can change again for for for you know, you know, you have life events that happen and it requires you to re direct your time elsewhere and you'd have to take a step back or whatever that case may be.
Speaker 1: That that's a scenario. My My issue you is you.
Speaker 2: Going all in for the sake of work productivity outside of what you have one hundred percent control over. But if we're just talking about iPhones, I mean there's a new one every year, and it's not like it's not like it's it's out of the norm to upgrade annually anyway, So I don't think it's that big of a deal. Uh, it's just really interesting. Look how much changed since eleven months ago. You went like, I can use a smaller phone.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get rid of the iPad I'm not wearing.
Speaker 5: If you remember, back when we unbox the twelves at your place, I was really in love with the Mini and the Max. I hated the middle ground. Yeah, and that's what I'm less interested in. I already don't love the current size of the fifteen Pro. I think it could be smaller and i'd love it more. But now that there's so much more screen time in my life, I'm like, maybe I need to go back to becoming a MAX guy.
Speaker 1: Do you a question, I do you see yourself needing a Max or is it really just wanting? And I guess I'm asking that.
Speaker 4: Definitely a want, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 5: I don't think I could argue it's a need. But as far as like what I review, that's what I was asking you both earlier.
Speaker 1: It was like, keep going, and oh, I thought that was me. I make a cameo in that. That's my phone and then we opened up Britney's and she got mad about that.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: She has since calmed down. She was like, Okay, now, is that that serious?
Speaker 4: She brings it up every time.
Speaker 5: I see.
Speaker 2: That's because that's that's the common ground. Let's talk about tech and how I roasted Randy and I she his butt off.
Speaker 1: Look at that.
Speaker 3: That's why I agree with your wife all the time.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, and.
Speaker 3: Or id buzz whatever the heck it is.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, that's that's a whole different podcast. I understand though your.
Speaker 2: Wow you've changed. Wow, look at that all right? Wow wow, Uh, It's more it's more of a want.
Speaker 5: So I want my wife to have a phone with USBC, and I'm trying to figure out, you know, the best way to probably phrase that would be me get the cheapest possible sixteen and then either or or get the cheapest possible fifteen after the price reduction, give that to her, or I switched to the sixteen because maybe the sixteen has some feature that my fifteen pro doesn't have. I don't know, but my preference or my plan will definitely change based on what Apple announces.
Speaker 2: How do you see yourself actually This goes back to when we started talking about iPhones.
Speaker 1: Anyway, how do you see yourself? You asked?
Speaker 2: You asked, should I review a sixteen or sixteen Pro or both? The obvious answer would be both, check out both.
Speaker 1: Yea, it gives some update. But to me, honestly, I was going to say that as a cop out.
Speaker 2: I see a really big case of getting the pro to get a genuine side by side for whatever new camera thing that they're going to talk about, especially since now sixteen Pro will default automatically with five x zoom instead of three, and I think that's kind of cool. I like that you can get a better zoom on the lower the smaller form factor so many buttons.
Speaker 4: Smaller form factor is bigger.
Speaker 1: Now it's gonna be marginally bigger. It's not. I did it.
Speaker 2: If you look at the thumbnail from the video I posted today, those are side by sides of the exact same mockups of what the dimensions are reporting. And I can't do it because I'm using my phone.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'll just show you I can't. I was gonna move them together. I did a side. I overlaid the two P andngs. Yes, I took the p and gs on both of.
Speaker 2: Those, and it the sixteen mockup is so marginally bigger. That is only noticeable when you do an immediate side by side. And that's like most things in tech anyway, especially when it comes to iPhones, it's only when you do a side by side will you then start to notice the difference. Oh, it weighs a little bit lighter or heavier. Oh the camera sensor is a little bit wider or tighter. Oh so now this is a little bit taller, or oh the bezels are thinner, only noticeably when it's side by side. To the Chonky thirteen, it's only when we do that that we're like, oh, I can actually see it and appreciate it for two seconds. But just like anything else, like updating to I Always eighteen beta, you notice it, you change your.
Speaker 1: Color, and then you're like, all right, it's dark mode. I don't care, and you forget about it. That is nice.
Speaker 2: That is how the Base fifteen and the Base sixteen will be compared, and we'll see a bigger improvement on these camera sensors with the pros, because that's where they always go all in on.
Speaker 1: So I feel like, maybe you should do both for.
Speaker 2: Real reasons. Now I talk myself and to tell you should get both because maybe you'll keep them both. One goes to Luis, one goes to you, and then you know have to do this so back and forth thing.
Speaker 4: What happens to the fifteen pro you sell it?
Speaker 5: Oh? Oh, I've sold so many foods. Mike, talk me out of it. What do I do?
Speaker 3: Pixel?
Speaker 1: Yeah, shut up, you're not talking. We're done. You're done.
Speaker 5: Looks like buy a pixel read He's like, buy two I phones, keep both of them.
Speaker 1: Luise is not going to use a pixel she did, She's not going to.
Speaker 5: You don't remember that whole thing. It's like one of the most viewed videos on the Taylor's Life channel.
Speaker 1: No, I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: She's not going to do it, even if it's cheaper.
Speaker 1: Well, you're all you care about is usb C.
Speaker 2: I think you can make a good case if you find a cheaper USBC that works. But that really is, like you said, that depends on what Apple does next at the keynote. That's going to really dictate what happens for the next at least six months to I'd say six to ten months easy.
Speaker 1: That that's gonna play out. That's gonna be really interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of nervous, like I'm getting excited about next month for you, Like I'm getting more worked up, not because of what I'm going to get, but because what is what Drew's going to do for the next year. It's a big deal. It's gonna it's gonna decide Yes, it is. It's a big deal because you're you know, what's crazy, Drew?
Speaker 1: Can I.
Speaker 2: Cut this part out if you feel like it's it's it's inappropriate to say this. But at one point you were saying how you're gonna bet the channel on Vision Pro.
Speaker 5: I don't remember that, but I do, and.
Speaker 2: Vision Pro ended up not not that's a letdown, but it's a genuine product, and it's really expensive. It's a very expensive, genuine product. And there was so much hype for such little like no one talks about it anymore. The only time people talk about is when they're trying to get some new clicks.
Speaker 1: On on a YouTube video.
Speaker 2: But I mean, genuinely, no one's talking about it, no news articles, even Apple.
Speaker 4: Half expected that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you said I was betting the channel, that the point you were making was like the future of tech lies in this new form of interaction, and that's a very big commitment going all in on Apple at that point, you'd kind of have to Yeah, you could do. I mean, Mike demoed the meta competitor at that moment we all did you know, our series or season premiere with you know, trying out the different headsets and.
Speaker 1: You know, it's there. It's a thing. It's cool, get it, buddy, there it is. So you got to see both in person.
Speaker 2: In regards to what those two kind of behave, and that's that's a big commitment, because that's a very expensive commitment. Had you gone through with actually saying like I think Vision Pro will be it, like say, the Vision Pro was everything that the future is kind of promising.
Speaker 1: But in this gem of it, you're not, you wouldn't be Okay, maybe I'll do a pixel in this area.
Speaker 2: If you did, it's a very expensive transition of things, and then it becomes a very heavy paper weight, which kind of already is a heavy pepperweight.
Speaker 1: I feel.
Speaker 2: That on less riskier terms, you get the same you get the same aspirations that you want from Vision Pro doing a pixel thing or an Apple thing, which is what I'm saying. Either by two by two iPhones one of each, give Luis the base one at the end of it, or return the base one she takes her fitting pro and then you have the latest.
Speaker 1: And that's your that's your strategy for the next year. Or do a drastic change like what could have been with the vision pro and with the pixel.
Speaker 2: Object actively with the pixel then you know, you get your form factor and you're all in out. Now your team Pixel without being team pixel and your pixel boy, excuse me, your pixel boy, and without being team Pixel, and you can ride that Google Services wave, you know, to the to the very end because you genuinely believe in it and you use it. And that's a that's a bet. That's a pretty big bet too. Because Apple gets the clicks.
Speaker 1: Everybody always compares things to Apple.
Speaker 2: We've seen people who used to be tech channels are now Apple channels because Apple gets the clicks.
Speaker 1: It's ballsy for you to be like, I'm gonna just do pixel stuff now.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna get the same clicks, but you will get a whole different new demographics of audience which will be kind of interesting to see as well. And maybe you can help break some of that toxicity too. These these team, this team, that team Apple, team Google.
Speaker 1: Is so childish and stupid. I've never liked it. I hate it for yourself.
Speaker 11: No excuse me, mister Hamphi crit Tell me what were you saying at the beginning of the saying.
Speaker 1: Pot that I asked that I have my V card for uh Android? Because I never finished him. That's not the only.
Speaker 3: Put up the screen. Put up the dank screen. I'm gonna prove this guy right. There is a digital color meter picker.
Speaker 1: To Apple.
Speaker 11: I guess what that dank color is brown? The heck's color picker shows it's brown. Put me back up, Drew, it's brown. That isn't the official Apple launched color. That's some mock up crap and it looks like crap.
Speaker 3: Liver said it was the official Apple launched color. But what I did say is that color is brown, and you said it bron I think.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to mimic bronze. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: You may say that, but that color is brown.
Speaker 1: You're wrong. Question, Mike, do you say iPhone ten or iPhone x X.
Speaker 3: I've alway exactly exactly my one point because you guys have brainwashed me into thinking.
Speaker 1: Exactly my point, Mike, exactly it's supposed to be bronze. It doesn't matter what you call it doesn't make it right.
Speaker 5: I'll have to see it in person to tell you what the color really is. But again, remember what I said. Anybody can go out and buy something, so I know, okay, so they have to be more creative.
Speaker 3: But only one person on this podcast, well maybe two, definitely not three can buy a pixel.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I told Drew if he bought, if he had one of each, I would, Because he said, do you have a tech channel?
Speaker 1: Do this too? I said, I will do it if you do it.
Speaker 5: Wait, what did you say you do if I do?
Speaker 2: Last week you told me Randy, you should get a pixel you have a tech channel now, and I said, I will do it if you do one of each iOS and Android with you and you have both.
Speaker 1: If you did that one, I would do it with you. I would get and I would get a pixel, a pixel eight. I don't think i'd get at a probe, but I would get a pixel eight for sure.
Speaker 5: And I was the best? Is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I feel like it was a great phone. Wait sorry, pixel nine base model Pixel nine, I met pixel nine. Sorry, my apologies. And then he's got the panda.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's not panda, it's penguin. Get it right. Look, there's the beak, it's an orange button. There's the head. It's the lens. There's the rest of the body. It's white. It's a penguin or puffing.
Speaker 1: So, Drew, what are you looking for in an iPhone that makes you want to stay?
Speaker 5: Uh? I guess it already has all of my passwords.
Speaker 3: That's not a reason up'm the password manager and put onto something else.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's not true. Last time I reviewed Android, I moved all the passwords over to Google. So no, Apple really doesn't have too much keeping me around, do they.
Speaker 2: I was asking more along the lines of like why upgrade at all to anything in the sixteen? Like what is it you're looking for?
Speaker 1: That would be like, oh, that I want that.
Speaker 4: I need that, better battery, better camera, the works, that works.
Speaker 5: Okay. I mean, with as much I'm using my phone these days, I'm I'm actually killing it quite regularly. Maybe I should charge it to full sometimes I.
Speaker 2: Get I gave up the eighty percent thing. Actually, when I got the beta. I went to ninety for a little bit, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, this is way better.
Speaker 5: I should have given up. Stary health is tanking. I don't know why I still cap it to eighty.
Speaker 2: I'm at ninety percent battery health. Oh my Mini that I had longer than that is at ninety three percent battery health.
Speaker 3: How much did you use that mini versus how much you've used.
Speaker 1: Every day for a year and a half.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: But the thing is, the Mini reminded me that this is just a phone. This wasn't my everything. This I was more disciplined on.
Speaker 4: Getting on social well everything.
Speaker 1: I love this phone and my only my only regret is that there wasn't enough ram.
Speaker 2: But for you, Drew, I think you should get a pro Max. And I hate that I'm saying that. I have never said that. I have never told you that I think you should get a pro Max. I really do.
Speaker 1: That's so gross?
Speaker 3: Oh what reality am I in? I must have jumped a couple recently.
Speaker 5: This is not the sacred timeline.
Speaker 4: This is no no Nolan is the.
Speaker 5: What do you call it?
Speaker 4: Character you keep on bringing is?
Speaker 3: It's not anchor?
Speaker 1: An anchor? Oh no, A right? You got to protect them at all costs.
Speaker 3: We're going to be doing this tour ninety so we're.
Speaker 4: Insanity, all right, gentlemen, and thoughts, Jen, No.
Speaker 1: That's my question. I'm driving this ship today. Any closing thoughts, gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Brown, I hate it's brown. I hate it's brown.
Speaker 1: I hate you. That's leather that looks like leather. What color is leather? Brown? Bronze?
Speaker 5: What? No? Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh, real question. Here's my closing thought. It's a question for both of you. Mike. I don't think you know, yeah, you have a fourteen pro so okay, question rumor has it? Actually I'm not even gonna stage it that way. What cases do you.
Speaker 2: Think are gonna be released with the sixteen? Do you think do you think there's gonna be fake leather? Do you think they're gonna stick with that fine woven again?
Speaker 1: Do you think that's yeah? Do you think fine fine Woven's sticking around?
Speaker 4: I do what else are they gonna do? They can't go back.
Speaker 3: I think it's electric boogoloo for fine woven.
Speaker 5: They're gonna they're gonna say they improved it in some way. I bet they're gonna say, like, oh, it's more durable now, or but they maybe they can't go back to leather.
Speaker 3: What about durability.
Speaker 1: Vegan ladder leather. Well, if they just took a page.
Speaker 3: From Tesla, don't they already do that?
Speaker 1: No, they don't have vegan leather. They just stopped.
Speaker 5: I didn't. I feel like we would have heard about it if they were going to by now. But I guess that's a possibility. They do leather that's not leather.
Speaker 1: Did you have you guys actually become hands on with those fine woven cases? Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: My wife has one and she just does it too.
Speaker 1: I didn't think it's possible for me to hate you more.
Speaker 3: We'll buckle up.
Speaker 4: But to be clear, I don't like vine woven or any other case for that matter.
Speaker 2: But it's not about as we've established with the iPad thing, it's not about you, Drew. It's about what people are willing to pay, and.
Speaker 3: Nobody's willing to pay everything in his wallet and a half.
Speaker 2: Listen, that fine woven felt so tacky. It felt cheap and trashy mm hmmm, aged like crap.
Speaker 3: I felt that the stupid rubber. In the past, few ones have aged like crap. My wife had two cases those cases.
Speaker 1: Those things are just.
Speaker 5: Another one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those things are rib from the very start. They fall apart.
Speaker 2: The case right now that my fifteen is on carrying, But I didn't pay anything for it, so I've been rocking with it since I got the fifteen.
Speaker 1: I hate it. It's not good. I remember when you and Carrie came.
Speaker 2: Over and her case was just literally she put her phone on the table and I saw the upper part of the well.
Speaker 1: Supposed to be product red.
Speaker 3: It was just it was just shiny salmon, whatever it is it was, It was dying in front of me.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is gross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the fine woven has not done that with us. It has stood very strong, and she's using it the same. Nothing has changed in her daily life.
Speaker 1: Oh God, what's it like to be so ignorant? I love you, guys.
Speaker 3: I'm living the ignorant life, and I'm trying to help you live the ignorant life. And instead you keep on crawling back into Apple's cradle and ask yes, I would like some more please. I keep taking a thousand more dollars?
Speaker 1: Why why didn't I take.
Speaker 3: Instead? You guys are taking the red pill. Look at your shirt.
Speaker 1: Quite frankly, red looks good on us had to get in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, guys. Uh, this was fun and I'm glad we were able to do it back to back for two week in a row. Now, hope y'all enjoyed this extra long episode. Can't guarantee it'll be like that next week, but we shall see you all. Take care, have a great one. Don't do Team Pixel, don't do Brown. It's bronze and everything I say is memorable, quotable, and memorable.
Speaker 1: Goodbye.
Speaker 3: Wow